时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | You’ve got to be shitting me. | 搞屁啊 |
[00:29] | Oh, shit! | 靠 |
[00:36] | Get out of the way! | 让路 |
[00:41] | – Driving all crazy. – Damn. | – 瞎开 – 靠 |
[01:12] | 16. I’ve got a foot chase on a number-one male. | 16号车 徒步追捕一号男性 |
[01:14] | Maybe 13 years, short, with braids, | 约13岁 矮个 扎小辫 |
[01:17] | in the alleys eastbound from Fulton. | 在Fulton街后巷向东移动 |
[01:19] | This kid has bailed out! Bailed out! | 那孩子弃车了 弃车了 |
[01:22] | Motherfucking fuck fuck fuck fuck! | 操 操 操 操 操 |
[01:25] | Officer, what are you doing? | 警官 你搞什么 |
[01:27] | What, you need bifocals or something? | 干嘛 你要不要戴眼镜啊 |
[01:29] | What? | 什么 |
[01:31] | 0-9. I’m responding. | 9号车 我正赶往事发地 |
[01:33] | 16, 200 north. | 16号 200北 |
[01:36] | I’m gonna need your name. | 告诉我你名字 |
[01:38] | Listen. I’m very sorry, ma’am, all right? | 听着 女士 我很抱歉 |
[01:42] | Give me the hat. | 帽子给我 |
[02:13] | Nah, see, them Expeditions are hard to handle. | 他们的远征困难重重 |
[02:16] | But with a Lexus, man I wouldn’t have no problem. | 但要有雷克萨斯 对我来说不在话下 |
[02:27] | You little motherfucker. | 小杂种 |
[02:29] | – You know how many cars you hit? – What? | – 你知道自己撞了多少辆车吗 – 什么 |
[02:34] | Don’t even think of bullshitting. | 别给我打马虎眼 |
[02:35] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你说什么 |
[02:49] | You know what kind of fucking paperwork I got now, huh? | 你知道我他妈有多少报告要写吗 |
[02:52] | You know how many hours of my life you owe me, you little shit? | 你知道你他妈浪费了我多少时间吗 小鬼 |
[02:54] | Damn, yo! That hurt! | 靠 疼 |
[02:56] | You think that hurts… | 这就疼了… |
[02:58] | No, no. Aah! | 不 不要 |
[03:02] | You’re so smart, | 你这么聪明 |
[03:04] | – see how easy you boost a car now. – Aah! | 偷车很轻松呢 |
[04:54] | You imagine Rawls sitting in this chair? | 你能想象Rawls坐上这把椅子吗 |
[04:58] | Never happen. In this town: Uh-uh. | 没门 在这儿 哼哼 |
[05:00] | Yeah, well, we weren’t supposed to have a white mayor, either. | 我们本来还不该出现白人市长呢 |
[05:04] | He already overreached putting Rawls in charge. | 他让Rawls主事已经过火了 |
[05:07] | De-fucking-facto. | 的他妈的确 |
[05:08] | Motherfucker ain’t even sworn in yet. | 那混蛋还没宣誓就职就这样了 |
[05:10] | Already, he’s got feelers out. | 他已经广布眼线了 |
[05:12] | I know for a fact he called the deputy chief in Pittsburgh– | 我知道他给我朋友 匹兹堡的副局长 |
[05:16] | Friend of mine– | 打了电话 |
[05:17] | promised him pie in the sky. | 许以重金 |
[05:19] | Shi-it, partner. | 靠 哥们 |
[05:21] | All you got to do is show Carcetti and everybody else | 你要做的就是让Carcetti和其他人看到 |
[05:24] | that they already got the man for the job. | 这位子就该你坐 |
[05:27] | They ain’t got to look no further. | 他们就不要再有什么想法了 |
[05:29] | The indispensable man. | 你是不可或缺的 |
[05:32] | It was Royce holding you back, Ervin. | 以前是Royce拖你后腿 Ervin |
[05:34] | Now out from under, you shine. | 现在你自由了 |
[05:36] | Clay, he’s saying everything goes through Bill Rawls. | Clay 他说所有事情都要通过Bill Rawls |
[05:40] | – Any move I try to make– – You’re still the commissioner, ain’t you? | – 我稍一动弹… – 你还是局长 不对吗 |
[05:43] | You give an order, they gonna jump. | 下面都得听你的 |
[05:45] | – Yeah, but Carcetti– – What he gonna do, fire you? | – 是 但Carcetti… – 他能把你怎样 炒了你? |
[05:48] | He just showed you he don’t have balls enough. | 你也看到了 他没这胆子 |
[05:53] | You just need to give Carcetti a little something. | 你只需给Carcetti做出点成绩 |
[05:56] | Make him start seeing you in a new light. | 让他对你另眼相看 |
[05:59] | Like what: | 比如呢 |
[06:00] | Some kind of police shit. Hell, I don’t know. | 一些警察该做的事 靠 我怎么知道 |
[06:03] | Something that looks good to Carcetti, | 一些Carcetti看得上眼的事 |
[06:05] | so he can say it was his idea to keep you all along. | 那他就可以说让你留下是他的想法 |
[06:09] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[06:11] | Police shit: | 警察该做的事 |
[06:12] | Well, whatever it is y’all do for a living. | 怎样都好 你们就是吃这行饭的嘛 |
[06:14] | Well– | 这样 |
[06:16] | just take care of your end | 你尽人事 |
[06:18] | and let your friends handle theirs. | 其他的交给你朋友们办 |
[06:29] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:31] | I just dropped my stuff in my room, | 我刚刚把东西放教室里 |
[06:32] | and maintenance and Donnelly are in there checking the heat. | 维护人员和Donnelly在那检查暖气 |
[06:36] | It must be 80 degrees in there. | 里面起码有80度(摄氏30度) |
[06:38] | 90-minute classes. | 90分钟课程 |
[06:40] | Excuse me: | 什么 |
[06:42] | This time of the year, we go to 90-minute classes. | 今年这阶段我们要上90分钟的课程 |
[06:44] | Concentrated prep in math and language arts only. | 恶补数学和语文 |
[06:49] | I don’t follow. Why the heat? | 不明白 跟暖气什么关系 |
[06:52] | It’s the only way the kids will sit through 90 minutes of anything. | 只有这样才能让孩子们坐上90分钟 |
[06:56] | – Make them drowsy? – Right. | – 让他们昏昏欲睡? – 对 |
[06:58] | So it’s about the tests. | 就是为了考试咯 |
[07:00] | From now until they’re done, | 从现在开始到他们准备好 |
[07:02] | everything’s about the tests. | 一切都是为考试服务 |
[07:09] | Damn! | 靠 |
[07:11] | I ought to go somewhere warm for the winter. | 冬天我要去暖和点的地方 |
[07:14] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[07:15] | I saw on “Animal Planet” | 我在”动物星球”上看到的 |
[07:18] | marlin fishing– | 捕枪鱼 |
[07:19] | Iike, Florida, the Bahamas. | 比如佛罗里达 巴哈马 |
[07:22] | That shit looked sweet. | 那玩意看起来很好吃 |
[07:25] | The water was like this… | 那里的水… |
[07:27] | this color, man. | 那颜色 |
[07:29] | Man, it ain’t gonna be that cold this year. | 伙计 今年不会那么冷 |
[07:31] | How you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:33] | – Global warming. – So why is it so cold already? | – 全球变暖啊 – 那为什么现在就冷成这样了 |
[07:36] | Yo, we just getting old. | 是我们老了 |
[07:39] | Yeah. True that. | 那倒是 |
[07:42] | Yo. Where the fuck you been? | 你他妈上哪儿去了 |
[07:44] | City jail for a day and a half | 市监狱里待了一天半 |
[07:47] | till they recogged me. | 直到他们给我做好记录 |
[07:48] | Then my grandma got sick, so I was over there for a while. | 接着我奶奶病了 就在那待了一会 |
[07:52] | Po-Po hit you with a charge, huh? | 条子指控你什么了吗 |
[07:53] | Just a humble– | 小罪名 |
[07:55] | false statement and shit, | 假口供什么的 |
[07:56] | for saying I wasn’t who I really was. | 因为我假装不是我 |
[07:59] | Damn, so why they was asking about you like that? | 靠 那他们为什么那么急着找你 |
[08:03] | – Hmm-mmm. – They try talking to you? | – 嗯哼 – 他们想问你话? |
[08:05] | Yeah, about some murder. | 关于谋杀的 |
[08:07] | – Which one? – It don’t matter which murder | – 哪桩 – 哪桩都无所谓 |
[08:09] | because I didn’t say shit to them bitches, though. | 反正我什么也没告诉那帮混球 |
[08:12] | Yeah, well, I ain’t the one you need to convince. | 你不用跟我说 |
[08:20] | – Why I got to convince him? – You know, I’m saying, yo. | – 我干嘛要跟他说 – 我就说说 |
[08:22] | Po-Po come asking about you, they snatch your ass up, | 警察来找你 把你带走 |
[08:25] | you out of pocket for a few days. | 失踪个几天 |
[08:28] | Heh! Oh, yeah. He’ll definitely hear about it. | 他当然会有所耳闻 |
[08:30] | I didn’t say nothing to nobody. | 我什么都没说 |
[08:32] | That’s why they gave me the humble, | 所以他们才给我安了个小罪名 |
[08:34] | dumped my ass in Central Booking, | 把我扔给法院 |
[08:36] | because I ain’t say a fucking word to none of them. | 因为我一个屁都没放 |
[08:38] | Yeah, so go tell him that shit. | 那就去告诉他呀 |
[08:40] | Shit, man, if it were me, | 靠 要换了我 |
[08:42] | I’d go to him first. | 就先去找他了 |
[08:43] | Yeah, Kev, you know, definitely jump out in front of that, man, | 是的 Kev 你知道 先自己招了 |
[08:46] | because if they got to come looking for you, | 因为要是等他们找上门来 |
[08:47] | it’s gonna look like you got something to hide. | 就让人觉得你有所隐瞒了 |
[08:49] | – Definitely. – Got that “Plymouth Rock” over here. | – 没错 – 这儿有”Plymouth Rock” |
[08:51] | Ghetto bird special. Two for one… | 这药很特别哦 买二送一… |
[08:55] | What you want? | 你想吃什么 |
[08:56] | – Menu, yo. Give him a menu. – Oh. | 菜单 给他张菜单 |
[09:02] | – What’s good? – Fuck if I know. | – 什么好吃 – 我知道才怪 |
[09:05] | You ain’t supposed to cuss at the customer, motherfucker. | 你不能跟顾客顶嘴 混球 |
[09:08] | Kwame Kwame. | |
[09:09] | – Darnell. – All right. | – Darnell – 好吧 |
[09:12] | Let me get… pizza. | 给我… 披萨 |
[09:14] | Pizza. Anything to drink? | 披萨 要什么喝的吗 |
[09:17] | Grape soda. | 葡萄汽水 |
[09:19] | Quiet, please. | 安静 |
[09:20] | – Is that it? – Yeah. | – 就这些? – 对 |
[09:22] | Thank you. Say thank you. | 谢谢 说谢谢 |
[09:24] | Yeah. Thank you. | 对 谢谢 |
[09:26] | Menu: | 菜单 |
[09:28] | – Don’t he got to say “thank you,” too? – Darnell. | – 他不用说”谢谢”吗 – Darnell |
[09:31] | What the fuck for? He’s supposed to give it back. | 为什么 本来就该还回来的 |
[09:34] | Because when you are polite to people, they treat you better. | 因为你对人家有礼貌 人家才会对你好 |
[09:36] | – Have a seat, please. – May I see you? | – 坐下 – 能跟你说几句吗 |
[09:38] | Now you try being the waiter, and Albert, be the customer. | 现在你当服务生 Albert当顾客 |
[09:44] | – What you want to eat? – Give me some crab cakes and a coke. | – 你想吃什么 – 给我一些蟹饼和可乐 |
[09:47] | Hurry that shit up, too. | 赶紧的 |
[09:50] | Been on the phone nonstop with Fourth Avenue. | 跟第四大道那边通了好几次电话 |
[09:52] | They’re insisting every class teaches to the test. | 他们坚持要求每个班都教测试题 |
[09:55] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[09:57] | Look. I thought we were the exception. | 我还以为我们是例外呢 |
[09:59] | I mean, that’s the point of the project. They know that. | 我是说 这项目的意义就在于此 他们知道的 |
[10:03] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 |
[10:04] | And 90-minute blocks of math or language arts only. | 90分钟只上数学和语文 |
[10:08] | This class: Kids can’t do 30 minutes without climbing the walls. | 这班的孩子待不上30分钟就得抓狂 |
[10:11] | Look. Isn’t there somebody we can sit down and talk with, | 听着 我们能不能跟谁谈谈 |
[10:13] | – face to face? – Actually, that’s the second thing they told me. | – 面对面的? – 事实上 他们跟我说的 第二件事就是这个 |
[10:16] | The area superintendent wants to see the two of you tomorrow morning, | 学区主管明早想见你们二位 |
[10:20] | 9:00 in the conference room. | 九点会议室 |
[10:27] | Let’s not panic… | 别恐慌… |
[10:30] | yet. | 暂时 |
[10:50] | Business as usual. | 跟平时一样 |
[10:52] | Marlo Marlo. | |
[10:54] | You no know him when we robbed the game? | 我们劫赌局时你不认识他? |
[10:56] | He ain’t that bad a deuce. | 他没那么倒霉 |
[10:59] | Boy’s merely a name to me. | 我只闻其名 |
[11:05] | If you knew it was Marlo, | 如果你知道是Marlo |
[11:07] | you’d still go through with it, no? | 还是会去抢的 对吧 |
[11:09] | I wish I’d have known. I’d have enjoyed it that much more. | 我知道就好了 那我会更乐在其中 |
[11:25] | Bubs Bubs. | |
[11:27] | It’s Herc. You hungry? | 我是Herc 你饿吗 |
[11:31] | Yo, what you done was fucked up, man. | 你搞砸了 伙计 |
[11:33] | You don’t know how bad I felt when I heard. | 你不知道我听说时有多内疚 |
[11:35] | I mean, not only were you late, you just rolled right past. | 你不止迟到 还直接开过去了 |
[11:37] | Ain’t you see me getting beat? | 你没看见我被狠揍吗 |
[11:40] | – We rolled by? – I seen you with the blue light on, man. | – 我们开过去了? – 我看见你开着警灯驶过去的 |
[11:43] | Whatever. Look, we had a communication problem, I admit. | 怎样都好 我承认我们的联络出了点问题 |
[11:46] | But I’m gonna get you a phone today, | 我今天给你个电话 |
[11:48] | and that’s gonna solve it for us. | 这就解决了 |
[11:50] | You’ll see. | 看着吧 |
[11:53] | Thing is, there’s this camera– | 事实上 有个摄像头 |
[11:55] | police department video camera disappeared a few weeks back. | 警局的 几周前失踪了 |
[11:59] | And for various reasons that I can’t get into, | 出于某些理由 我没法出面 |
[12:02] | I got to get it back somehow. | 但我得把它弄回来 |
[12:04] | Camera? | 摄像头? |
[12:05] | Yeah. This fella Marlo probably took it. | 可能是个叫Marlo的家伙拿了 |
[12:07] | – I don’t know if he hocked it or if he– – You’re bothering me about a camera? | – 我不知道他是卖了还是… – 你就为了个摄像头了骚扰我? |
[12:11] | You supposed to have my back, remember? | 你本该替我撑腰的 记得吗 |
[12:13] | – Five minutes, you told me. – I know. I owe on the deal. | – 你跟我说五分钟就到的 – 我知道 我欠你的 |
[12:19] | It’s Tyrone’s, chicken wings. | 这是Tyrone餐厅的鸡翅 |
[12:29] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[12:31] | I want you to put it out there | 我希望你放话出去 |
[12:32] | that there’s a $500 bounty on this camera if it comes back. | 说能弄回来的话 有500块奖金 |
[12:36] | – No questions asked. – 500? | – 不问方式 – 500? |
[12:39] | Swear to God. I’m good for it– if it’s the right camera. | 我对天发誓 我保证 只要是那个摄像头 |
[12:43] | Here’s the model and serial number. | 这是型号和序列号 |
[12:46] | So it’s 500 for the camera and a chicken box for Bubs, huh? | 摄像头给500 鸡翅盒孝敬Bubs 行吗 |
[12:49] | It’s another 100 to you if this happens. | 能搞定的话又能多赚100了 |
[12:51] | But I need this camera quick, or shit’s gonna fly. | 不过我得尽快拿到摄像头 否则就没戏了 |
[12:53] | Look, man, | 听着 伙计 |
[12:54] | I told you, it’s not about the money for me right now. | 我跟你说过 这不是钱的问题 |
[12:57] | All right? This motherfucker, he messing with my livelihood here. | 懂吗 这混球让我不得安生 |
[13:00] | They’re always coming back, always. | 他们老是找我麻烦 |
[13:03] | He’s like some “Terminator” and shit. | 他就像”终结者”什么的 |
[13:04] | I’m with you. I’m gonna do everything I can to help you out with your problem, | 我挺你 我会尽我所能为你排忧解难 |
[13:08] | and you’re gonna help me out with mine. | 你也拉兄弟一把 |
[13:21] | Who the fuck is Randy? | Randy是什么人 |
[13:23] | He’s a little hopper from around the way. | 附近一个小瘪三 |
[13:26] | He ain’t in the game, but he be with Michael and them. | 他不贩毒 但跟Michael一帮混 |
[13:29] | And he talking to police? | 他跟警察招了? |
[13:30] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[13:31] | I know he did, because he was the one I told, | 我知道是他招的 因为我就告诉了他 |
[13:33] | “Go tell Lex to go up to the alley. Patrice is waiting.” | “跟Lex说去后巷 Patrice在等他” |
[13:36] | – You were supposed to do that. – Yeah, I know, but this way, | – 本来该是你去说的 – 我知道 但这样 |
[13:39] | try to keep some distance between me and Lex, right? | 我就能跟Lex保持些距离 对吧 |
[13:46] | You tell this Randy what happened to Lex? | 你跟Randy说了Lex的下场吗 |
[13:48] | No, I swear it. | 没有 我发誓 |
[13:56] | Go, motherfucker. The fuck you still waiting for? | 滚吧 混球 你还等什么 |
[14:06] | – What the fuck y’all following me for? – Easy, son. | – 你们他妈的跟着我干嘛 – 放松 小子 |
[14:08] | No. Ain’t nobody walking with me nowhere. | 不 谁也别跟着我 |
[14:34] | What’s up with this Randy? | 拿这个Randy怎么办 |
[14:35] | He can’t hurt us. | 他损害不了我们 |
[14:36] | – He a snitch, though. – Yeah. Put that around, then. | – 不过他是个告密者 – 嗯 把这话放出去 |
[14:40] | – Slim – Marlo – Slim. – Marlo. | |
[14:43] | – How you feeling? – Can’t complain, yo. | – 最近可好 – 没什么可抱怨的 |
[14:46] | Getting to be that time, though. | 不过快到时候了 |
[14:49] | Joe wanted me to check in, you know? | Joe让我来看看 |
[14:51] | All right. Pull up a chair. Let’s chop it up. | 好吧 拉把椅子过来 我们聊聊吧 |
[14:56] | Now, that there a Barksdale boy. | 来了个Barksdale的人 |
[14:59] | So? | 所以呢 |
[15:02] | Don’t add up. | 这不对劲啊 |
[15:06] | Interesting, though. | 不过很有意思 |
[15:26] | Got a burner, see? | 买了个即弃手机 |
[15:28] | If anything else comes up, you call me. | 有什么情况就给我打电话 |
[15:30] | If this guy robs you again, make sure he’s holding. | 如果那家伙再抢你 要确保东西在他手上 |
[15:33] | The more, the better. | 越多越好 |
[15:34] | Shit, I ain’t got money for all that. | 靠 我可没那么多钱 |
[15:45] | There’s 40 minutes on that, and my number’s in there already. | 能打四十分钟 我的号码已经存进去了 |
[15:48] | Watch. I’m gonna call you today or tomorrow at the latest. | 等着吧 今天 最迟明天就会打给你 |
[15:57] | One and one. | 一加一 |
[15:58] | Damn, son. He did a number on you. | 靠 小子 他把你整得够呛啊 |
[16:01] | Who was it? | 谁啊 |
[16:02] | Officer Walker. | Walker警官 |
[16:04] | Walker be evil. | Walker很邪恶啊 |
[16:08] | – What up? – Four. | – 多少 – 四份 |
[16:12] | Yeah, we ought to fuck him up. | 我们得整整他 |
[16:14] | – Walker? Yo, he the police. – I’m just saying. | – Walker? 他可是警察 – 我就说说 |
[16:18] | He said next time I steal a car, | 他说我下次再偷车 |
[16:20] | I’m gonna find myself dead. | 就死定了 |
[16:21] | You gonna do as he say? | 你会照他说的做吗 |
[16:23] | Fuck no. | 才不 |
[16:25] | Soon as I get this shit off, I’ll be running his ass all over town. | 等我把这些东西取下来 我就满城追着他跑 |
[16:29] | Yo, shit! | 靠! |
[16:34] | Told you, Namond. | 早告诉你了 Namond |
[16:36] | Gave you fair warning, didn’t l? | 我警告过你 不是吗 |
[16:38] | – I ain’t done nothing. – Get the cash. Got you cold. | – 我什么也没干 – 钱扣下了 抓个现行啊 |
[16:41] | Shit, with hair like that, I could make you from East Baltimore. | 就你这发型 我在东巴尔的摩也能看见你 |
[16:43] | – Get the fuck off of me, man. – Shut up! | – 放开我 – 闭嘴! |
[16:50] | – Look what I found. – That ain’t fucking mine! | – 看我们找到了什么 – 那些他妈的不是我的! |
[16:53] | Hands on the car! | 双手放在车上! |
[16:54] | Spread your legs. | 叉开双腿 |
[16:57] | – I ain’t fucking got– – Shut up! | – 我没有… – 闭嘴! |
[17:01] | How you like it so far? Having fun? | 目前为止觉得怎样 好玩吗 |
[17:04] | Guess what? Gets better. | 你猜怎样 会更好玩的 |
[17:07] | Give me your hands. | 双手背过来 |
[17:13] | Watch your head. | 小心头 |
[17:20] | Damn. Y’all not wasting any time, huh? | 靠 你们真会抓紧时间 |
[17:23] | Nerese was good enough to let us | 我相信凭Nerese的本事 |
[17:24] | stage in the council suite till the inauguration. | 能筹划好议会上的就职典礼 |
[17:27] | No doubt after your fine showing in the general. | 你在大选上的上佳表现 已经让这事板上钉钉了 |
[17:30] | – No doubt. – 81%? | – 毫无疑问 – 81%? |
[17:33] | In a city where Democrats outnumber Republicans nine to one– | 在一个民主党与共和党数量为九比一的城里 |
[17:37] | Anything less would have been an embarrassment. | 少于这个数可就难堪了 |
[17:40] | So… | 那么… |
[17:42] | what can we do for you, Senator? | 我们有什么能为你效劳的 议员? |
[17:45] | Well, first of all, I wanted to clear the air. | 首先 我想澄清一下 |
[17:50] | If there are any hard feelings over what happened | 如果初选那事 |
[17:52] | – during the primary– – You gonna give the money back? | – 给你们造成了什么伤害… – 你要还钱? |
[17:59] | Senator, it’s been a very long day. | 议员 我们已经很累了 |
[18:02] | I’ll cut to the chase. | 我长话短说 |
[18:05] | I understand you have a problem | 我知道你对 |
[18:06] | at the top of the police department. | 警局高层有所不满 |
[18:09] | You asked Burrell to esign. He declined. | 你要求Burrell辞职 他拒绝了 |
[18:13] | I’m looking or a replacement. | 我在寻找接替者 |
[18:14] | The ministers like Burrell. | 部长们都喜欢Burrell |
[18:17] | does the council president. | 议长也是 |
[18:18] | We’re confident that when we identify a suitable candidate, | 我们相信等我们找到合适的继任者 |
[18:22] | Ms. Campbell and the ministers | Campbell女士和部长们 |
[18:24] | will see he wisdom of new leadership. | 会看见他的领导才能 |
[18:27] | Except y’all need to get a pay raise | 只不过你们得让市议会 |
[18:29] | through the city council. | 通过加薪提案 |
[18:31] | Pay raise would help. | 加薪有好处 |
[18:33] | I can ask Nerese about that pay raise getting passed, | 我能让Nerese通过加薪的提案 |
[18:37] | maybe convince some of the ministers | 也许还能说服几位部长 |
[18:40] | they need to move on from Burrell. | 他们该撇开Burrell向前看了 |
[18:45] | Situation would have to be resolved | 这情况 |
[18:47] | sooner rather than later. | 越早解决越好 |
[18:50] | Do my best, partner. | 我尽量 搭档 |
[18:53] | And what do we do for you in return? | 为此我们该如何回报你呢 |
[18:57] | I’m in Annapolis. | 我要去安纳波利斯 |
[18:59] | Word I’m hearing, you may be there too, in a couple of years. | 听说你几年内也会去(即参选州长) |
[19:03] | We may find ourselves working together closely. | 到时我们可能会在一起合作无间 |
[19:08] | Thanks for your time. | 感谢你们抽时间见我 |
[19:13] | Jesus Christ. | 老天啊 |
[19:15] | He’s slick. | 他是个老油条 |
[19:17] | Apologizes for the short con, | 为短线的骗局道歉 |
[19:20] | and then in the next breath setting us up for the long. | 接着就给我们下了个长线的套 |
[19:23] | He and Burrell are as thick as thieves. | 他和Burrell好比两个贼 |
[19:24] | And do we know what the long con is? | 我们知道这长线骗局是什么吗 |
[19:26] | At least we know he’s running one. | 至少我们知道他在搞阴谋诡计 |
[19:28] | Shiiiii… | 科奥奥奥… |
[19:39] | Try calling again. | 再打 |
[19:41] | Man, I know she not gonna answer. | 伙计 我知道她不会接的 |
[19:43] | My moms don’t answer when she go to A.C. | 我妈去大西洋城时从不接电话 |
[19:46] | When she coming back? | 她什么时候回来 |
[19:47] | She going to New York after. | 她之后会去纽约 |
[19:49] | What’s she doing in New York? | 她上纽约干嘛 |
[19:51] | Shopping. | 购物 |
[19:53] | Going to see some show, “The Color Purple.” | 去看表演 “紫色” |
[19:57] | See, now this is where my job gets good. | 我的工作好玩就在这了 |
[20:01] | You could reach a guardian, we both know | 你该联系你监护人 |
[20:03] | the juvenile master’s gonna recog you on a first-time drug arrest. | 未成年人监管人会在 你第一次因贩毒被捕时做记录 |
[20:06] | But now you’d better have a toothbrush on you, son, | 但现在你最好带了牙刷了 孩子 |
[20:09] | because it’s gonna be baby booking tonight. | 你今晚得进未成年人拘留中心了 |
[20:19] | Namond, you scared? | Namond 你怕了? |
[20:23] | I mean, if it was Cheltenham, I don’t blame you, | 如果是Cheltenham 我还可以理解 |
[20:25] | but baby booking’s just across town. | 但未成年人拘留中心就在城另一边 |
[20:28] | The East Side be beefing with the West Side in there. | 那里东区的人跟西区的有冲突 |
[20:31] | There’s some dudes be getting raped and shit. | 那里有人被强奸什么的 |
[20:35] | I mean, that’s what I be hearing. | 我听来是这样的 |
[20:39] | It’s bad in there. I don’t know if it’s that bad. | 那里是很糟 不过不确定有没有那么糟 |
[20:43] | Well, I hear different. | 我听来的不一样 |
[20:52] | You got no other family? | 你没其他家人了吗 |
[20:55] | I got a aunt down in P.G. County. | 我在P.G.郡有个阿姨 |
[20:57] | You got a number? | 有号码吗 |
[21:01] | – Well, I ain’t driving you this late, anyway, so– – Come on, man. | – 这么晚了 我可不想载你过去 所以… – 拜托 伙计 |
[21:14] | Tell you what: | 我告诉你怎么办 |
[21:16] | two of my guys are working a double, | 我们两个兄弟上双班 |
[21:18] | working midnight shift tonight. | 今晚值夜班 |
[21:20] | If you can plant yourself on that bench over there, | 如果你能安安稳稳地坐在那边的长椅上 |
[21:22] | you can stay here for the night. | 你就能在这待一晚 |
[21:24] | But first thing tomorrow, you got to raise that aunt | 但明天一早你就得给你阿姨打电话 |
[21:26] | or raise your moms, or I got to process you. | 或打给你妈 否则我只好移送你 |
[21:35] | You don’t move off that bench. | 别离开长椅 |
[21:36] | You need the bathroom, you go now. | 要上厕所 就马上去 |
[21:39] | Otherwise, just… sit tight, | 否则就给我安安稳稳地坐着 |
[21:41] | don’t give anybody any trouble, or they’ll process you right then and there. | 别给谁惹麻烦 否则他们会把你移送到那边 |
[21:44] | I’m cool. Thanks. | 不用了 谢了 |
[21:49] | Fucking charity ward here. | 我真他妈太有爱了 |
[21:53] | I’ll go tell the shift commander. | 我去跟值班负责人说一声 |
[21:58] | Yo, Lieutenant… | 警督… |
[22:07] | He a 50: | 他是警察? |
[22:09] | No. Probably copping it for my moms. | 不是 也许他只是想在我妈捞钱 |
[22:13] | That’s why? | 就为这个? |
[22:15] | Look. I told y’all, | 听着 我跟你们说了 |
[22:18] | I just want him gone. | 我只想让他消失 |
[22:19] | I just want him away from me and Bug. | 只想让他远离我和Bug |
[22:21] | The fuck he do to you? | 他对你做了什么 |
[22:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:33] | We’ll take care of it, boss. | 我们会处理的 老板 |
[22:46] | Another church burglary in sector two last night. | 昨晚二区又发生了一起教堂窃案 |
[22:48] | – Madison Park Methodist. – This would be what you’d call a rash. | – Madison公园卫理公会教 – 这大概就是你所谓的疹子 |
[22:52] | And we could use some ointment. | 而我们得擦些药膏 |
[22:53] | We need to arrest these fucks. | 我们得逮住这些混球 |
[22:56] | – We getting anywhere on that? – Not yet. | – 有什么线索了吗 – 还没 |
[22:58] | Who caught the last one? McNulty? | 上次是谁逮的人? McNulty? |
[23:00] | Working it. | 在处理呢 |
[23:02] | – We should talk. – All right. | – 我们等会谈一谈 – 好的 |
[23:03] | Speaking of arrests, word from on high is to sweep corners. | 说到逮捕 上头放话说要扫荡街角 |
[23:06] | They want arrests to double over the next month. | 他们下个月要逮两倍的人 |
[23:09] | – How the fuck how: – Jesus, I thought the election was over. | – 他妈的怎么做 – 老天 我还以为竞选结束了呢 |
[23:12] | Bosses want quality-of-life violations. | 老大们想抓影响环境的人 |
[23:14] | What are we talking about, Lieutenant, loitering? | 什么意思 警督 游荡罪吗 |
[23:16] | – Disorderlies, public indecency. – Oh, this is horseshit. | – 滋事 公共场所猥亵 – 胡说八道 |
[23:19] | – Broken-windows theory. – Worked in New York. | – 破窗理论 – 在纽约有用 |
[23:21] | – Case you ain’t noticed, this ain’t New York. – But it could work here. | – 怕你不知道 这可不是纽约 – 但也许有效 |
[23:24] | – Never has. – Never been done right. | – 才怪 – 从没被正确执行过 |
[23:25] | Open containers, too. | 还有酗酒 |
[23:27] | – What’s wrong with writing a ticket? – More of that, too. | – 开罚单不行吗 – 得做得更多 |
[23:30] | The word is, the commissioner himself wants to juke arrests. | 局长想要增加逮捕数量 |
[23:32] | Open container used to be sacrosanct in this town. | 杯中物本来在这城里是神圣不可侵犯的 |
[23:35] | Long as it was in a paper bag. | 当它还在纸袋里就是了 (指禁酒时将酒瓶用纸袋套着饮用) |
[23:36] | They gave you that much respect. | 他们充分尊重这点 |
[23:38] | Man’s beverage was his business. | 男人想喝什么是他自己的事 |
[23:41] | You took them to a restaurant? | 你带他们去餐厅? |
[23:42] | – Yeah. Ruth Chris. – Linen napkins. | – 对 Ruth Chris – 亚麻餐巾 |
[23:46] | Yeah. Silverware, more than one fork. | 嗯 银餐具 不止一把叉子 |
[23:50] | – How’d they do? – Eh, pretty well, considering. | – 他们表现如何 – 对他们来说算相当好了 |
[23:54] | Did they embarrass us? | 他们让我们难堪了吗 |
[23:56] | Us? No, uh… | 我们? 没有… |
[23:58] | we’re fine with it, but, uh… | 我们没关系 不过… |
[24:00] | I mean, they were intimidated, embarrassed, | 我是说 他们害怕 窘迫 |
[24:02] | and awkward as hell, but they made it through. | 相当尴尬 但他们挺过去了 |
[24:06] | Ms. Shepherdson, these aren’t the kids | Shepherdson女士 这些孩子 |
[24:07] | that are gonna be able to sit still for the statewide tests, | 不可能安坐着进行州测验 |
[24:10] | much less do well on them. | 更别提考出好成绩了 |
[24:12] | These were the kids that were gonna make it impossible | 这些孩子还会 |
[24:13] | – for anyone else to do well. – So we’re writing them off? | – 影响其他的孩子 – 所以我们把他们除名? |
[24:17] | No, that’s what we’re not doing. | 不 我们不这么干 |
[24:19] | You’re not educating them. You’re socializing them. | 你们不是在教育他们 是在教他们社交 |
[24:22] | They weren’t being educated before. There’s no point in being obtuse. | 他们之前也没在受教育啊 别那么冥顽不灵 |
[24:24] | – Excuse me: – Hold on. Hold on. | – 你说什么 – 打住 打住 |
[24:27] | Look. What he’s saying is this: | 听着 他想说的是 |
[24:29] | I mean, you put a textbook in front of these kids, | 你把教科书放在这些孩子面前 |
[24:31] | put a problem on a blackboard, | 在黑板上写下问题 |
[24:33] | or teach them every problem on some statewide test, it won’t matter, | 或教他们州测验上的题目 这些都不重要 |
[24:36] | none of it, | 无关紧要 |
[24:37] | because they’re not learning for our world, they’re learning for theirs. | 因为他们不是从我们的世界学东西 是从他们的世界里学东西 |
[24:40] | And they know exactly what it is they’re training for | 他们明确地知道自己要学什么 |
[24:42] | and what it is everyone expects them to be. | 每个人期望他们成为怎样的人 |
[24:44] | I expect them to be students. | 我期望他们当好学生 |
[24:47] | But it’s not about you or us, | 但这无关你我 |
[24:49] | or the tests or the system. | 或测验 体系 |
[24:51] | It’s what they expect of themselves. | 主要是他们的自我期望 |
[24:53] | I mean, every single one of them know they headed back to the corners. | 我是说 他们每一个人 都知道自己会回到街角 |
[24:56] | Their brothers and sisters– shit, their parents– | 他们的兄弟姐妹 妈的 还有他们的父母… |
[24:59] | they came through these same classrooms, didn’t they? | 他们也经历过同样的课堂 不是吗 |
[25:01] | We pretended to teach them, they pretended to learn, | 我们假装教育他们 他们假装学习 |
[25:03] | and where– where’d they end up? | 结果怎样呢 |
[25:06] | Same damn corners. | 还不是在街角 |
[25:08] | I mean, they’re not fools, these kids. | 我是说 这些孩子不是傻瓜 |
[25:11] | They don’t know our world, but they know their own. | 他们不了解我们的世界 但他们了解自己的世界 |
[25:15] | I mean, Jesus, they– | 我的意思是 老天 他们… |
[25:17] | they see right through us. | 他们看透我们了 |
[25:22] | I think we made that clear when you approved the project. | 我想你批准这项目时我们已经说清楚了 |
[25:24] | – Provisionally approved. – When you provisionally approved the project, | – 暂时的批准 – 你暂时地批准这项目时 |
[25:28] | we made it clear that we would be addressing children | 我们就明确了要教这些孩子 |
[25:30] | that required socialization | 必要的社交技能 |
[25:32] | – before they could be properly educated. – We can’t lie. | – 之后才能被适当地教育 – 我们不能撒谎 |
[25:37] | Not to them. | 对他们不能 |
[25:41] | Captain, line three. | 警监 3号线 |
[25:47] | Roll call’s over. | 点名结束了 |
[25:54] | You get a line on your mother yet? | 联系上你妈了没 |
[25:58] | Fucking neglect case here, I want it. | 操蛋的疏于监管啊 |
[26:03] | How about that aunt: | 你那阿姨呢 |
[26:07] | Ain’t nobody else you know? No other responsible adult? | 就没哪个你认识的人了吗 没哪个有责任感的成年人? |
[26:10] | – Like who: – I don’t know. | – 比如谁 – 不知道 |
[26:13] | I’m just trying to give you one last shot here | 我只是给你最后一次机会 |
[26:14] | because once I go on the street today, | 因为一旦我今天走出这个门 |
[26:16] | you’re gonna have to go to booking. | 你就得去未成年人拘留中心了 |
[26:21] | I got a teacher. | 我有个老师 |
[26:22] | Mr. Colvin. You know him? | Colvin先生 你认识他吗 |
[26:24] | He used to be police. | 他以前是警察 |
[26:26] | tall, Bald: | 高个 光头? |
[26:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[26:31] | Yeah, I know him. | 认识 |
[26:33] | What if you get the one snitch? | 你让那个告密的来怎么样 |
[26:35] | The one with the cart. What’s his name? | 那个推着手推车的 什么名字来着 |
[26:37] | Bubbles Bubbles. | |
[26:39] | Bubbles. Yeah. | Bubbles 对 |
[26:40] | You get Bubbles to say he’s Fuzzy Dunlop. | 你让Bubbles说他就是Fuzzy Dunlop |
[26:42] | Except Bubbles has been a registered Cl for years. | 不过Bubbles多年前就是注册的线人了 |
[26:45] | Kima gave him a number back when she was in plainclothes, man. | Kima还是便衣时给了他一个编号 |
[26:48] | And, Herc, you worked with him under that number on the Barksdale stuff. | 还有 Herc 你跟他合作 使的是Barksdale案的编号 |
[26:52] | So how would you fuck up the lD? | 你想怎么在身份上蒙混过去 |
[26:54] | Fuck me, man. | 操蛋 |
[26:56] | Look. The only way to get out from under this | 听着 要了结这破事 唯一的方法 |
[26:59] | is to stop fucking lying, okay | 就是别再撒谎了 懂吗 |
[27:02] | You grab your dick, | 带点种 |
[27:03] | you walk into Marimow’s office, and you say, | 走进Marimow的办公室 跟他说 |
[27:05] | “Lieutenant, I made a mistake. | “警督 我犯了个错” |
[27:08] | “l attributed my PC to an informant | “我把我的情报来源归于一个线人” |
[27:10] | when in fact I had it off a camera.” | “其实是我通过摄像头看来的” |
[27:12] | That I got from lSD without going through the proper channels. | 告诉他我没通过书面渠道 拿了证物科的摄像头 |
[27:15] | No no no. He’s gonna take my stripes on this. | 不行 不行 为这个他会拿走我警衔上的杠杠 |
[27:18] | Maybe he does, | 也许吧 |
[27:19] | but if you wait until lSD comes looking for that camera | 但如果你等到证物科来找摄像头 |
[27:21] | and he figures out the lie for himself, | 然后他发现你对他撒了谎 |
[27:24] | he takes your fucking balls. | 他会拿走你的蛋蛋 |
[27:37] | Come on! | 快点! |
[27:38] | Let’s go! | 走吧! |
[27:40] | Around the corner. | 绕过街角 |
[27:50] | Got you now, motherfucker. | 逮到你了 混球 |
[27:57] | In going over some of my paperwork, | 我查了一下我的报告 |
[27:58] | it occurs to me I may have been neglectful. | 也许是我疏忽了 |
[28:00] | Look at all this crap! | 看看这些垃圾! |
[28:03] | Every day, | 每一天 |
[28:05] | more and more of Lester Freamon’s bullshit washes up with us. | 越来越多Lester Freamon 惹来的狗屁来烦我们 |
[28:13] | What the fuck are you saying? | 你他妈说的什么 |
[28:14] | That my paperwork may have been a little sloppy, | 我的报告可能有点草率 |
[28:16] | and as a result, | 结果 |
[28:17] | I confused myself on some things. | 我有些东西给混淆了 |
[28:19] | No shit, you were sloppy. | 没错 你是够草率的 |
[28:22] | I actually went back a couple weeks on your run sheets. | 其实我查看了几周来你的工作记录 |
[28:26] | Nothing there references a meet with a Cl 238. | 没见过哪里有说跟线人238会面的 |
[28:29] | You went through all my run sheets? | 你看了我所有的工作记录? |
[28:30] | The best I could. | 看得相当仔细 |
[28:35] | – Sir, listen– – I don’t care who it is. Turn that fucking thing off. | – 长官 听我说… – 不管是谁 给我关了 |
[28:41] | I am starting to believe | 我开始相信 |
[28:43] | that this Fuzzy fella | 这个Fuzzy |
[28:47] | doesn’t exist. | 压根不存在 |
[28:50] | I am starting to believe | 我开始相信 |
[28:51] | that you just followed Stanfield into the train station | 你只是跟踪Stanfield进了火车站 |
[28:55] | and grabbed the first broad he brushed up against. | 抓了他头一个碰上的女人 |
[28:59] | – That what happened? – No. No, sir. | – 是这样吗 – 不 不是 长官 |
[29:01] | You lie to me now, Sergeant, | 你要敢骗我 警长 |
[29:03] | and I guaran-fucking-tee you I will jam you up, | 我保证有你好看 |
[29:05] | ship this whole mess to llD | 把这烂摊子送到内部调查处 |
[29:07] | and be there to pass out sandwiches at your execution. | 把文件夹到你的报告里 |
[29:09] | – Yes, sir. – You haven’t brought me a case | – 是 长官 – 你还没给我个 |
[29:12] | yet worth talking about, | 值得一提的案子 |
[29:14] | not on Marlo Stanfield, not on anyone. | 不论是Marlo Stanfield 还是其他人的 |
[29:18] | You bring me something other than llD complaints, | 你给我些内部调查处的投诉之外的东西 |
[29:22] | and I might have some reason to let a few things slide. | 我也许还有理由替你解决些麻烦 |
[29:28] | Mad at me: | 生我气 |
[29:30] | – Come on, now. – Dukie’s just mad at everybody. | – 拜托啊 – Dukie见谁都不爽 |
[29:35] | Snitch bitch. | 告密的贱货 |
[29:38] | Yo, what the fuck was that? | 什么情况 |
[29:40] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[29:59] | I can’t believe y’all are doing this shit. | 不敢相信你们会这么做 |
[30:01] | You’re degrading the quality of life in this neighborhood. | 你们使社区的生活质量降低了 |
[30:04] | – Malt liquor. – Oh, come on, man! | – 麦芽酒 – 拜托 伙计! |
[30:06] | Brother, you got to shake hands with a pilsner, | 哥们 你该见识见识皮尔森啤酒 |
[30:08] | – maybe a nice tail ale. – Hell, what– oh, man! | – 或者美味的啤酒 – 靠 干嘛! |
[30:11] | My brew! My shoes! | 我的饮料! 我的鞋! |
[30:14] | – God! Man. – What’s the violation? | – 老天! 伙计 – 犯什么事了 |
[30:16] | Parking in a bus stop, expired registration. | 占用巴士站车位 注册过期 |
[30:19] | First-class police work, Baker. | 头等的警务工作啊 Baker |
[30:21] | Yeah, well, this is the word from up on high, | 上面发话了 |
[30:24] | straight from the eighth floor downtown. | 市局八楼的声音 |
[30:25] | Blessed bosses juking stats for the new administration. | 敬爱的老大们要为新政府刷数据 |
[30:28] | I know you think it’s bullshit, | 我知道你觉得这很扯淡 |
[30:29] | but I spend my shift where they tell me. | 但他们让我干什么 我就干什么 |
[30:32] | Baker, let me tell you a little secret: | Baker 告诉你个小秘密 |
[30:35] | A patrolling officer on his beat | 将在外 |
[30:36] | is the one true dictatorship in America. | 君命有所不受 |
[30:39] | We can lock a guy up on a humble; | 我们可以凭直觉抓人 |
[30:41] | we can lock him up for real; or we can say, fuck it– | 我们可以真的抓人 也可以说 去他的 |
[30:44] | pull under the expressway and drink ourselves to death, | 把车停在高速路边 一醉方休 |
[30:47] | and our side partners will cover it. | 我们的搭档会给我们打掩护 |
[30:49] | So no one– and I mean no one– | 这样就没人 我是说 没人 |
[30:52] | tells us how to waste our shift. | 能告诉我们怎样虚度我们的工作时间 |
[30:56] | Pulled the reports on those church burglaries. | 我把教堂窃案的报告拿出来了 |
[30:58] | – Yeah? – Yeah. There’s a pattern. | – 是吗 – 对 有点固定的模式 |
[31:02] | Times and locations. | 时间和地点 |
[31:04] | They’re working west by northwest through Sandtown-Winchester. | 他们经由Sandtown-Winchester 由西向西北作案 |
[31:08] | The last three– here, here, and here– | 最近三起 这儿 这儿 还有这儿 |
[31:10] | these ones in blue are the churches they haven’t hit | 这些涂成蓝色的是他们还没光顾过的教堂 |
[31:11] | closest to the ones they have. | 离他们光顾过的最近的几所 |
[31:13] | – You got all this from the incident reports? – That’s why we do the paperwork. | – 你从事发报告上看出那么多? – 我们做报告不就为了这个吗 |
[31:17] | Giving me a motherfucking ticket, man? | 给我他妈的开罚单? |
[31:20] | Are you out of your motherfucking mind? | 你他妈有病啊? |
[31:22] | I live here, man! | 我住这儿的 伙计! |
[31:24] | This could get out of hand. | 可能要失控啊 |
[31:26] | That’s what we want, isn’t it? More arrests? | 这不就是我们想要的吗 逮捕更多人? |
[31:28] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[31:37] | No justice, no peace. | 没有公平 就没有和平 |
[31:48] | It’ll only be for tonight. | 就今晚 |
[31:49] | Mama gets back from New York tomorrow. | 他妈明天从纽约回来 |
[31:54] | Your call. | 你决定吧 |
[32:00] | The young man seems to think highly of you, boss. | 小伙似乎对你欣赏有加啊 老大 |
[32:02] | He invoked your name with a measure of respect. | 他带着敬意提起你的名字 |
[32:05] | It wasn’t but a few weeks ago | 几周前 |
[32:06] | I was in a room with him being called everything but a child of God. | 我跟他在教室里 他除了神之儿女什么称呼都用上了 |
[32:10] | “Mr. Colvin, sir. | “Colvin先生” |
[32:12] | Fuck you.” | “去你妈的” |
[32:14] | Yeah, well, at least I said, “Mr.” | 是啊 不过至少我说了”先生” |
[32:23] | – So what was the charge? – Slinging. | – 什么指控 – 贩毒 |
[32:26] | He’d been out there a few weeks or so. | 他在外面混了几周了 |
[32:28] | First pop, second warning from me. | 第一次抓他 算是第二次警告 |
[32:32] | Maybe you should put him on the juvenile bus. | 也许你该把他送上少管所的巴士 |
[32:34] | He wants so bad to be a gangster, | 他那么想当帮派分子 |
[32:36] | maybe it’s time he get a taste of what a real lockup’s all about, you know? | 也许是时候让他感受一下铁窗生涯了 |
[32:39] | Come on, Mr. C., don’t do me like that. | 拜托 C先生 别那样对我 |
[32:41] | I made him sleep on the DEU bench last night, | 昨晚我让他在缉毒组的长椅上睡了一夜 |
[32:44] | if that counts for anything. | 算是解恨了吗 |
[32:47] | Isn’t there anybody else? | 没别人了吗 |
[32:49] | Friend, relative, anybody? | 朋友 亲戚什么的 |
[32:51] | You’ve always been good with the knuckleheads, boss. | 你对白痴一向很好 老大 |
[33:00] | Ahh. All right. Let me go call my wife. | 好吧 我给我妻子打个电话 |
[33:23] | Yeah. Go up in that building. | 到那栋楼上去 |
[33:35] | Mmm, man, that was delicious. | 这太美味了 |
[33:37] | There’s more. | 还有呢 |
[33:38] | Uh, no, ma’am. Saving room for the cobbler. | 不用了 女士 留着肚子吃水果馅饼 |
[33:41] | – A la mode? – Huh | – 冰激凌? – 啊? |
[33:44] | Would you like ice cream on it? | 要在上面加冰淇淋吗 |
[33:46] | Oh! Oh, yes, ma’am. | 哦 要的 女士 |
[33:49] | Nice manners. | 很有礼貌 |
[33:50] | From what you told me on the phone, Bunny, | 根据你电话里跟我说的 Bunny |
[33:53] | I was expecting more of an adventure. | 我还以为会出点小岔子呢 |
[34:04] | – Bunny? – Only my friends call me Bunny. | – Bunny? – 我朋友叫我Bunny |
[34:07] | – Yeah, but why? – You don’t need to know. | – 为什么 – 你不用知道 |
[34:12] | And if you tell anybody, I’ll cut your balls off. | 如果你敢告诉被人 我会扯烂你蛋蛋 |
[34:18] | I’ll cut them off, give ’em to Donnelly in a jar. | 扯烂他们 放到罐子里送给Donnelly |
[34:22] | Don’t doubt me, boy. | 别怀疑 小子 |
[34:30] | You ain’t got no kids? | 你们没孩子? |
[34:31] | Grown. They’re at college and past that. | 长大了 在大学里 或毕业了 |
[34:41] | You told me these kids were rough. | 你跟我说这些孩子很粗鲁 |
[34:44] | Thank you, sweetie. But don’t be fooled. | 谢谢 亲爱的 别被骗了 |
[34:48] | This is his Eddie Haskell act. | 这是他Eddie Haskell的演技 (一情景喜剧中的小孩角色) |
[34:51] | Eddie Haskell? Who that? | Eddie Haskell? 谁啊 |
[34:54] | You are, son. Trust me. | 就是你啊 小子 相信我 |
[35:00] | Take a seat. | 坐 |
[35:03] | Put yours against the wall with the others. | 把他跟其他人一样让他对墙站着 |
[35:04] | Welcome wagon’s on their way back from booking. | 欢迎马车就要从未成年人拘留中心回来了 |
[35:06] | – We need the key to the interview room. – What the fuck for? | – 我们要审讯室的钥匙 – 为什么 |
[35:09] | Felony burglary. | 入室行窃重罪 |
[35:10] | Felony? | 重罪? |
[35:14] | Caught them coming out of St. Martin’s on Fulton. | 他们从Fulton街的St. Martin教堂出来 被我们逮个正着 |
[35:16] | Charging them with the one, | 用那个指控 |
[35:17] | but we might work back on a few more. | 但可能还能审出一些来 |
[35:19] | No shit: | 不是吧 |
[35:21] | Fucking knew there was still some real criminals left in Baltimore. | 我就知道巴尔的摩还是有真正的犯罪的 |
[35:26] | Swear to God, I’m seeing citations for jaywalking. | 对天发誓 我还看见了横穿马路的罪名 |
[35:29] | We’re locking people up for open container, | 我们因为人们喝酒 |
[35:32] | for disorderly, for loitering. | 扰乱秩序 闲荡而逮捕他们 |
[35:34] | The neighborhood people, sometimes they appreciate quality-of-life arrests. | 社区里的人会满意这种 为提高生活质量做的逮捕 |
[35:38] | Except we’re locking up the neighborhood people. | 只不过我们都抓到社区里的人头上了 |
[35:40] | Some of my guys, all they see are the stats. | 我的几个弟兄 眼里只有数据 |
[35:42] | I mean, the election’s fucking over, right? | 我是说 竞选他妈的结束了不是吗 |
[35:44] | Who are we doing this for? | 我们做这些干嘛 |
[35:47] | Is this coming from Burrell or Rawls? | 这是Burrell还是Rawls下的命令? |
[35:49] | We got it from the chief of patrol. | 我们是从巡逻总指挥处接到的命令 |
[35:51] | It’s rolling downhill, for sure. | 这纯属瞎指挥 |
[35:53] | – Morale: – Split down the middle, I’d say. | – 士气如何 – 一半一半吧 |
[35:55] | The officers that love the stat are jazzed. | 喜欢数据的警员乐开了怀 |
[35:57] | The rest of them: | 其他的呢 |
[35:59] | We don’t know where to turn. | 我们不知道何去何从 |
[36:01] | I thought a new hump as mayor might change this shit, | 我以为换了市长会不一样了 |
[36:04] | not ramp it up. | 而不是更差 |
[36:07] | Hey, you still fucking that bitch? | 你还在睡那个婊子? |
[36:09] | Yeah. It burning like hell, man. | 嗯 痛死了 伙计 |
[36:11] | When you gonna burn the bitch back? Oh, check it. | 你什么时候让那婊子也痛一下? 看看 |
[36:15] | – Slim – B – Slim. – B. | |
[36:17] | – What up. – All right. | – 怎么样 – 还行 |
[36:18] | – Poot. – It’s good. | – Poot – 不错 |
[36:20] | – Heard you’re out. – Yeah. | – 听说你出来了 – 嗯 |
[36:23] | – Welcome home. – Thanks, dawg. | – 欢迎回来 – 谢了 伙计 |
[36:26] | And you with Prop Joe now. | 你跟了Prop Joe了 |
[36:28] | Never would have thought. | 想不到啊 |
[36:30] | Yeah, well, life’s strange. | 世事无常啊 |
[36:33] | Yeah. Holler. | 是啊 操蛋 |
[36:37] | Bodie… how you and Marlo? | Bodie… 你跟Marlo怎样了 |
[36:41] | You okay with him? | 跟他没什么冲突吧 |
[36:43] | As far as I know, yeah. Why? | 据我所知没有 干嘛 |
[36:47] | What he did to your boy. | 他对你哥们做的事 |
[36:49] | What boy are you talking? | 你说的是谁 |
[36:51] | Big boy, | 大个儿 |
[36:52] | the one rub his hands together all the time? | 整天拿手擦这里的家伙 |
[36:55] | Kevin? What about him? | Kevin? 他怎么了 |
[36:57] | You ain’t heard? | 你没听说? |
[36:58] | Chris and Snoop walked him down an alley. | Chris和Snoop带着他到了后巷 |
[37:02] | He in a vacant now. | 现在大概横尸了 |
[37:05] | How you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[37:06] | I seen them lay hands on the boy. | 我看见他们对他下手的 |
[37:09] | And now the word out on the street. | 现在已经传开了 |
[37:15] | Sorry, dawg. | 很遗憾 哥们 |
[37:20] | Let’s roll. | 开车 |
[37:31] | Plymouth Rock. Got that Plymouth Rock. | Plymouth Rock 这里有Plymouth Rock |
[37:40] | All right. | 好了 |
[37:41] | But now look at the next example question on page 20. | 现在看20页的例题 |
[37:45] | As you can see… | 你们可以看到… |
[37:48] | if you turn to page 20, | 如果你们呢翻到20页 |
[37:50] | they will sometimes ask you for words | 他们会问你们 |
[37:52] | that are the opposite of words that are underlined. | 有下划线的词的反义词 |
[37:54] | – Uh, thank you, Mr. Pryzbylewski. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 Pryzbylewski先生 – 谢谢 |
[38:02] | All right, put away your test notebooks. | 好了 把你们的教科书放一边 |
[38:04] | Work on those tomorrow. | 明天再学 |
[38:08] | We have, uh, 45 minutes left. | 我们还有45分钟课 |
[38:10] | We can do “Last of the Mohicans”– | 我们可以看”最后的莫西干人”… |
[38:12] | – No! – No! | – 不要! – 不要! |
[38:14] | – Or practice probabilities. – Yes. | – 也可以练习概率 – 好 |
[38:16] | – I’ll get the stuff, Mr. Prezbo. – All right. | – 我去取道具 Prezbo先生 – 好的 |
[38:20] | And I want to see everybody’s worksheets out. | 我想看到大家把工作表都放一边 |
[38:23] | – Hey, Kareem, you want to play dice with me? – Not with you. | – Kareem 你要跟我玩骰子吗 – 不要 |
[38:27] | And we’re not just playing games here. | 我们不但是在玩游戏 |
[38:30] | – We’re doing math. – I’ll roll with you, man. | – 我们是在练习数学 – 我跟你玩 |
[38:33] | – Come on. – No kidding. | – 来吧 – 真的 |
[38:35] | We are. | 来吧 |
[39:03] | That’s my boy resting his head, see? | 我们的小伙要睡觉了 看见没 |
[39:10] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[39:12] | Hey, Renaldo, you want one? | Renaldo 想吃吗 |
[39:15] | – No. – They’re from Faidley’s, yo. | – 不要 – 是Faidley店的哦 |
[39:18] | He might stay home all day, you know? | 他可能会在家待一整天 知道吗 |
[39:21] | We gonna find out, ain’t we? | 我们得弄清楚 不是吗 |
[39:30] | – Like to see about my DSS code. – Do you have an appointment? | – 我要看我的社保号 – 你有预约吗 |
[39:32] | – Why I need an appointment? – Zenobia, I don’t think she needs an appointment. | – 我为什么要预约 – Zenobia 她不用预约 |
[39:35] | Sorry, just trying to make it realistic. | 抱歉 我只是想演得真实点 |
[39:37] | So I get to see somebody? | 那我能见谁了吗 |
[39:39] | You’re gonna have to take a number and wait. | 你要取个号等着 |
[39:40] | I need to see somebody right now. | 我现在就要见上负责人 |
[39:41] | Don’t get angry. Anger doesn’t help. | 别生气 生气于事无补 |
[39:43] | It just makes people defensive. | 只会引起别人的防御心理 |
[39:45] | Tell her what you need calmly. | 冷静地告诉她你的要求 |
[39:47] | – Card didn’t come this month. – We mailed it. | – 卡这个月没到 – 我们寄过去了 |
[39:49] | – Maybe it got stolen. – Heh. Sorry. Nothing we can do. | – 也许被盗了 – 抱歉 我们爱莫能助 |
[39:52] | – Fuck you. – Chandra! | – 操你 – Chandra! |
[39:54] | – She ain’t helping me. – That’s how they do. | – 她不肯帮我 – 他们就是这么办事的 |
[39:56] | Just tell her what you need. | 你只要告诉她你的要求 |
[39:58] | – Need another card, bitch. – Chandra. | – 我要再办一张卡 贱货 – Chandra |
[40:00] | And that’s reality. | 这就真实了 |
[40:02] | Fuck you for real. | 去你妈的 |
[40:07] | Calm down. Calm down. Go with Ms. Mason. | 冷静 冷静 跟Mason女士出去 |
[40:10] | – Get your hands off! – Ms. Mason! | – 放开你的手 – Mason女士! |
[40:13] | I’ll get the school police. | 我去叫学校保安 |
[40:17] | She was like… | 她就像… |
[40:18] | – And then– and then– and then she was like… – Typical day? | – 接着 接着 接着她就像… – 典型的一天? |
[40:21] | I wouldn’t know. My first time. | 不知道 我第一次来 |
[40:25] | Your first time? | 你第一次来? |
[40:27] | Mrs. Donnelly oversees this project. | Donnelly女士监管这个项目 |
[40:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:46] | Good morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[40:48] | Help a man get something to eat? | 帮个忙 让我挣点吃的好吗 |
[40:52] | God bless. | 上帝保佑你 |
[41:00] | Good morning, Reverend. | 早上好 牧师先生 |
[41:12] | Yo. | 喂 |
[41:13] | – Glad you finally answered. – Yeah, I was in a meeting yesterday. | – 很高兴你总算回电话了 – 昨天我在开会 |
[41:16] | You got the asshole pinned down? | 你盯上那混蛋了? |
[41:17] | Nah, I got Marlo’s people– getting ready to make a drop. | 没有 我发现了Marlo的人 正要送货 |
[41:20] | – Where? – Edmondson, near Pulaski. | – 在哪 – Edmondson 靠近Pulaski |
[41:22] | You eyeballing them right now? | 你现在盯着他们? |
[41:24] | Yeah, he got the package. Black bag, putting it in the trunk. | 嗯 他取到货了 黑包 放在后备箱里 |
[41:27] | – He getting in right now. – What make? | – 上车了 – 什么车 |
[41:29] | Late model Lincoln. | 最新的林肯 |
[41:32] | – You want the license? – Yeah, give it. | – 要车牌号吗 – 说 |
[41:34] | P R 8 Z G O D P-R-8-Z-G-O-D. | |
[41:39] | Yeah. Yeah, he pulling out now, turning down Gilmore. | 他开车了 转上Gilmore去了 |
[41:41] | Dozerman, get me Foxtrot. Good job, Bubs. We’re on it. | Dozerman 给我接F队 干得好 Bubs 我们去追 |
[41:47] | Ladies, a cell phone? It’s got, like, a half hour on it. | 女士 手机要吗 还能打大约半小时 |
[41:50] | No thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[42:06] | What I saw today | 我今天所见 |
[42:07] | wasn’t education as I understand the term, | 不是我所知道的教育 |
[42:10] | and they didn’t seem very socialized, either. | 他们也没学到什么社交 |
[42:14] | You didn’t catch us on our best day. | 你没碰上情况好的时候 |
[42:16] | – Or your worst day? – On the whole, they’ve actually made a lot of progress. | – 也没碰上情况最糟的时候吧 – 总的说了 他们进步很多了 |
[42:19] | Look, I mean, they come to class, | 他们来到这个班 |
[42:21] | they’re more engaged. We’re reaching them. | 他们学得更多 我们有在帮到他们 |
[42:23] | Fewer outbursts, no suspensions. | 打架或逃课也更少 |
[42:25] | But are they really learning anything? | 但他们真能学到东西吗 |
[42:28] | – Yes. We believe they are. – Be truthful. | – 是的 我相信他们能学到 – 说真的吧 |
[42:31] | If this program were to continue | 如果这个项目 |
[42:34] | through the rest of the school year, | 还要在这一学年继续下去 |
[42:36] | how many of your students could realistically | 你们的学生中有多少 |
[42:39] | be expected to return to a regular classroom? | 能回到普通班? |
[42:43] | What do you think, Ms. Duquette? | 你怎么想 Duquette女士? |
[42:45] | Namond, Darnell, maybe Zenobia. | Namond Darnell 也许还有Zenobia |
[42:50] | Yeah, look. I mean, considering where we started | 听着 考虑到我们的起点 |
[42:52] | and considering that those kids ain’t out there tearing up other classes– | 考虑到那些孩子没把 其他的班级闹得天翻地覆 |
[42:54] | Okay. Mrs. Donnelly. | 好吧 Donnelly女士 |
[42:57] | A tremendous achievement. | 惊人的成就 |
[43:00] | Mr. Withers: | Withers先生 |
[43:04] | I’ll go along with Mrs. Donnelly. | 我赞成Donnelly女士的意见 |
[43:08] | You haven’t said anything yet. | 你还没发表意见 |
[43:10] | I just don’t see it. | 我想不出有什么好处 |
[43:12] | Many of these kids are profoundly damaged– | 这些孩子很多都无可救药了 |
[43:15] | what they’ve seen, how they’ve lived. | 他们所见所闻 他们的生活方式 |
[43:18] | And I think any gain or progress is temporary. | 我认为目前所取得的进步都是暂时的 |
[43:22] | I think this project may be flawed. | 我认为这个项目是有缺陷的 |
[43:27] | Foxtrot 23-30. We have a visual on the suspect. | F 23-30 发现嫌疑人 |
[43:29] | Vehicle headed east on Mulberry. Do you copy? | 嫌疑车辆在Mulberry向东行驶 收到吗 |
[43:32] | – 10-4. We’re almost there. – 10-4. | – 收到 我们就快到了 – 收到 |
[43:41] | After your phone call, | 接到你电话后 |
[43:43] | I checked. It came directly from Burrell. | 我查了 命令是Burrell直接下达的 |
[43:45] | He bypassed Rawls after l specifically told him he was– | 绕过了Rawls 我特别叮嘱他… |
[43:48] | Burrell’s making a play | Burrell出招了 |
[43:50] | for you to keep him. | 为了让你留下他 |
[43:52] | By, uh, just– what did you call that? | 就靠… 你怎么说来着 |
[43:55] | – Juking the stats. – Guy is unbelievable. | – 刷数据 – 难以置信 |
[43:58] | It runs completely counter to all my discussions with Rawls, | 这跟我跟Rawls谈的完全背道而驰 |
[44:01] | with you, with everyone. | 还有你和其他人 |
[44:03] | He’s also serving notice. | 他也是发出警告 |
[44:04] | He’s reasserting control of the department. | 展示他对警局的掌控 |
[44:07] | He probably figures if you can’t fire him, then you can’t fire him. | 他可能觉得你炒不了他就是炒不了他 |
[44:10] | And does Rawls know? | Rawls知道吗 |
[44:12] | My guess is, Rawls heard about it days ago | 我猜Rawls几天前就知道了 |
[44:14] | from half a dozen district commanders. | 从几个区指挥官得知 |
[44:16] | Why wouldn’t he come to me? | 他干嘛不来找我 |
[44:18] | Talk to him. | 跟他谈谈吧 |
[44:20] | Why did you come to me? I mean, why not go to Rawls? | 为什么你又来找我 我是说 干嘛不找Rawls? |
[44:27] | Because I need to know if you’re serious. | 因为我要知道你是不是认真的 |
[44:29] | If Rawls already came to you and this shit is still going on, | 如果Rawls已经找过你 而这破事还是在继续 |
[44:32] | then you’re okay with it, which is for me a problem. | 那就是你没意见了 这对我就成问题了 |
[44:35] | If he didn’t come to you, | 如果他没找你 |
[44:36] | then either he’s okay with it, which is also a problem, | 那就是他没意见 那也成问题了 |
[44:39] | or he’s letting it go, trying give Burrell enough rope | 又或者他撒手不管 让Burrell作茧自缚 |
[44:41] | for you to get angry and fire the man for insubordination. | 好让你因他不听话炒了他 |
[44:44] | But I need to know where you stand. | 但我要知道你的立场 |
[44:47] | Well, I gave you my word. | 我向你保证过 |
[44:50] | Yes. You did. | 是的 你保证过 |
[44:54] | Well, thanks for going outside the chain of command. | 谢谢你能够越级找我 |
[44:59] | Don’t expect me to make a habit of it. | 别期待我习惯成自然 |
[45:15] | Stay in the car! | 待在车上! |
[45:17] | Stay in the car. Keep your hands on the wheel. | 待在车上 手放在方向盘上 |
[45:22] | – Let’s see those hands. – What’s the problem, Officer? | – 让我们看见你的手 – 发生什么事了 警官 |
[45:25] | Step slowly out of the vehicle. Keep your hands up. | 慢慢从车里走出来 举起双手 |
[45:40] | – Son, be gentler than that. – Shut the fuck up. I ain’t your son. | – 孩子 轻点 – 闭上你鸟嘴 我不是你孩子 |
[45:47] | This guy… | 看好这家伙… |
[46:04] | What’s this, huh? What’s this? | 是什么 什么 |
[46:20] | Do you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[46:21] | I’m gonna damn sure get your name and badge number. | 我很确定我要你的名字和警徽号 |
[46:32] | Daniels. I don’t think I know him. | Daniels 我不认识 |
[46:35] | Oh, he hasn’t played much politics, | 他没玩过多少政治 |
[46:37] | though he used to be married to the new councilwoman in the 11th. | 不过他曾跟11区的新议员有过婚姻 |
[46:40] | – Marla Daniels? – Mm-hmm. That’s the one. | – Marla Daniels? – 就是她 |
[46:44] | This is the last man we want as police commissioner, Nerese. | 我们最不想看到的就是他当局长 Nerese |
[46:47] | I mean, I squared off against this fellow a few years back, | 我几年前跟他对上过 |
[46:51] | and he wouldn’t listen to me. | 他根本不听我的 |
[46:52] | He’s not gonna listen to you or the ministers | 他也不会听你或部长们的 |
[46:55] | or anyone else in the community. | 或社区里的其他人 |
[46:56] | – Just Carcetti? – Mm-hmm. | – 只听Carcetti的? – 嗯哼 |
[46:58] | Oh, he’s the mayor’s boy, definitely. | 他是市长的嫡系 肯定的 |
[47:01] | Carcetti is looking for how much of a salary bump? | Carcetti想涨薪多少 |
[47:03] | 50,000, at least, to make the position competitive nationally. | 至少5万 好让这职位 在全国范围内有竞争力 |
[47:07] | Give him 25. | 给他2万5 |
[47:09] | It’ll be enough to make him think he’ll win you over eventually | 这会让他认为他最终把你争取过来了 |
[47:12] | but less than he needs to entice anyone real. | 但又不够他吸引真正的人才 |
[47:15] | Meanwhile, Carcetti’s gonna have to give Daniels | 同时 Carcetti提升Daniels前 |
[47:17] | six months in ClD before he can bump him again, | 会让他在刑事调查部门待上6个月 |
[47:20] | for appearance’s sake. | 做足门面 |
[47:22] | So we’re buying time here. | 我们就能争取到时间了 |
[47:23] | Enough for Ervin to show the new mayor who butters the bread. | 足够Ervin向市长表明他才堪大用 |
[47:26] | And for events to take the new-penny shine off Cedric Daniels. | 也能除去Cedric Daniels头上的光环 |
[47:31] | I happen to know he’s less the saint than he pretends to be. | 我恰好知道他不是他所假装的那种圣人 |
[47:44] | This is Senator Davis. | 我是Davis参议员 |
[47:46] | Is the Mayor in at the moment? | 市长在吗 |
[47:49] | Well…you just tell him his friend Clay | 告诉他 他的朋友Clay |
[47:53] | got the council president to un-ass a salary bump | 让议长通过了给警察局长 |
[47:56] | for the police commissioner. | 涨薪的提案 |
[47:58] | You tell him… | 告诉他… |
[48:01] | write this down, now. | 写下来 |
[48:03] | You tell him | 告诉他 |
[48:04] | that Senator Davis has his interests at heart. | Davis议员一切以他的利益为重 |
[48:10] | Right. | 对 |
[48:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[48:29] | Hey, Ma. How was New York? | 妈 纽约怎么样 |
[48:33] | Hey, Ms. Brice. How are you? | Brice女士 你好 |
[48:36] | Who asking? | 你哪位 |
[48:38] | This is my teacher, Mom– Mr. Colvin. | 他是我老师 妈 Colvin先生 |
[48:41] | Why he here? | 他来这干嘛 |
[48:42] | You in trouble? | 你惹事了? |
[48:44] | He stayed at our house last night, | 他昨晚住在我那儿 |
[48:46] | with you being in New York and all. | 当你在纽约的时候 |
[48:50] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[48:53] | The cops picked me up, saying I was slinging. | 条子把我抓了 说我贩毒 |
[48:56] | They was gonna send me to baby booking. | 他们原来要把我送到未成年人拘留中心 |
[48:59] | But we took him in. | 但我们带他回家 |
[49:04] | You leave my son the fuck alone. | 你他妈的离我儿子远一点 |
[49:08] | And you, you afraid to go to baby booking? | 而你 你怕进未成年人拘留中心? |
[49:11] | The fuck is wrong with you, boy? Get in the damn house! | 你他妈什么毛病 小鬼 滚回屋里去! |
[49:30] | Kid got the point. | 孩子们说得有道理 |
[49:32] | all these drunk and disorderlies and squeegee boys, | 这些醉酒啊 闹事啊 打手枪的小鬼 |
[49:35] | graffiti artists, and public urinators, | 涂鸦艺术家 公众场合随地小便者 |
[49:36] | and here we come in with a pair of felony burglaries. | 现在还有两项盗窃罪 |
[49:39] | Nice of you to give him the collar. | 你给他套上项圈真是好人啊 |
[49:42] | Well, he might turn out a decent police. | 他可能会成为一个正派的警察 |
[49:43] | – Got to come from somewhere. Young generation. – Uh-huh. | 年轻一代总得有人做警察 |
[49:47] | What about you guys? | 你们呢 |
[49:48] | You gonna follow in your dad’s footsteps? | 要追随你们老爸的足迹吗 |
[49:50] | Hello, I don’t think so. | 才不呢 |
[49:52] | Not. | 不要 |
[49:53] | – What, then? – Video game designer. | – 那做什么 – 电子游戏设计 |
[49:56] | – Rock star. – Ahh. | 摇滚明星 |
[49:58] | Ah, they want to make money. | 他们想挣钱 |
[50:00] | – You schooled them well. – How about you, Little Bunk? | – 你把他们教得很好 – 你呢 小Bunk? |
[50:03] | You’ll be a detective like your daddy? | 你会像你爸那样当个警探吗 |
[50:05] | – Chief of police. – Nah. | 警察头子 |
[50:07] | Why not? How about you? | 干嘛不呢 你呢 |
[50:11] | Oh, he’s still in that, you know, | 他还处在 你知道 |
[50:12] | pediatric neurosurgeon stage. | 怕生的阶段 |
[50:19] | Hey! Elena, how are you doing? | Elena 你好吗 |
[50:21] | I’m good. How are you? | 好着呢 你呢 |
[50:23] | Can’t complain. | 还行吧 |
[50:25] | Hey, boys. How are you? | 孩子们 你们好吗 |
[50:28] | Can you say hi? | 你们能打个招呼吗 |
[50:29] | Listen. They’re fine. | 听着 他们很好 |
[50:31] | They really do have manners. | 他们其实是有礼貌的 |
[50:33] | It’s all right. My kids are the same way. | 没事 我的孩子也这样 |
[50:35] | We’re just finishing up. Please sit down. | 我们刚吃完 坐吧 |
[50:38] | Oh– okay. Just for a minute. | 好吧 就坐会儿 |
[50:41] | Dad, five bucks for the jukebox? | 爸 给我五块钱去点首歌吧 |
[50:43] | What? What happened to three plays for a quarter? | 什么 不是25美分三首吗 |
[50:48] | Um… homework? | 作业? |
[50:51] | – Done, Dad helped us. – Oh. | 做完了 爸帮忙的 |
[50:54] | I got off early. Here. | 我提早下班了 给 |
[50:57] | You want to go, too? | 你们要去吗 |
[51:00] | So what are you drinking? | 你喝什么 |
[51:02] | I’ll have a white wine. | 来杯白葡糖酒 |
[51:05] | I’m good, thanks. | 我不用了 谢啦 |
[51:19] | So it’s true? | 是真的吗 |
[51:21] | You quit drinking? | 你戒酒了? |
[51:22] | Well, I have a beer now and again. | 我还偶尔喝点啤酒 |
[51:25] | No big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[51:31] | How’s Dennis: | Dennis怎样了 |
[51:35] | Dennis is… Dennis. | Dennis还是那个Dennis |
[51:39] | We’re close, we’re not. | 忽近忽远的 |
[51:41] | You know, we’ll see. | 再看吧 |
[51:44] | – How’s Beadie? – We’re good. | – Beadie好吗 – 很好 |
[51:48] | – The kids have my number, but… – Mmm. | 孩子们有我的电话 不过… |
[51:57] | If I had known you were gonna grow up to be a grownup… | 如果我知道你能成熟起来… |
[52:04] | Pssh, man. | 靠 伙计 |
[52:06] | And I’m the one that told him to do the right thing | 我告诉他做正确的事 |
[52:08] | and go talk to the man. | 去跟那家伙谈谈 |
[52:11] | It don’t seem that way now, do it? | 现在看来根本不是那么回事 |
[52:13] | I mean, yo, you got to look at it from Marlo’s point of view. | 我是说 该从Marlo的角度看问题 |
[52:17] | I mean, how this different from Wallace? | 这跟Wallace有什么区别 |
[52:18] | Because Stringer said Wallace snitched. | 因为Stringer说了Wallace告密 |
[52:20] | Yo. Kevin might have snitched too. | Kevin也可能告密了 |
[52:23] | Man, but he didn’t. | 伙计 他没有 |
[52:25] | And we had to do Wallace! | 我们必须做掉Wallace! |
[52:27] | Yo, Marlo thought he had to do Kevin. | Marlo认为他必须做掉Kevin |
[52:29] | Man. But he didn’t. | 他没告密 |
[52:31] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我很肯定 |
[52:35] | – He’s a cold motherfucker. – It’s a cold world, Bodie. | – 他是个冷血的混球 – 这是个冷血的世界 Bodie |
[52:39] | Thought you said it was getting warmer, nigger. | 你还说世界在变暖呢 伙计 |
[52:41] | World going one way, people another, yo. | 世界往一个方向 人往另一个方向 伙计 |
[52:49] | Now, Elton Brand– what you know about him? | Elton Brand 你知道他吗 |
[52:51] | Nothing. You see? | 不知道吧 |
[52:54] | Bug, you seen your daddy? | Bug 你见到你爸了吗 |
[52:56] | Went to the store. | 去商店了 |
[53:02] | – Where you going? – I’m gonna look for him. | – 你去哪 – 我去找他 |
[53:05] | You ain’t gonna find him. | 你找不到的 |
[53:07] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[53:10] | Because he ain’t coming back. | 因为他不会回来了 |
[53:33] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[54:15] | What’s this about? | 为什么 |
[54:17] | Like you don’t know. | 你不知道吗 |
[54:18] | Man, I ain’t been home long enough to get in somebody’s shit. | 伙计 我那么久没回家了 不会惹上谁 |
[54:23] | You like boys, motherfucker? | 你喜欢男孩吗 混球 |
[54:26] | – What? – Boys. You like fucking them? | – 什么 – 男孩 你喜欢干他们吗 |
[54:30] | Man, I like pussy. All right? Booty. | 伙计 我喜欢女的 行吗 屁股 |
[54:33] | Living with a woman now. | 我现在跟个女的同居 |
[54:36] | She got kids? | 她有孩子吗 |
[54:37] | I ain’t touch them kids! Who told you that? | 我没动过他们! 谁跟你们说的 |
[54:42] | I know what you’re saying, | 我知道你要说什么 |
[54:44] | but when you’re on the inside, ain’t no pussy. | 但你在里面时可没女人 |
[54:48] | Well, yeah, shit. You’ve been inside. | 是啊 靠 你进去过 |
[54:52] | Man got to bust his nut, know what I’m saying? | 但男人总得发泄啊 了解我的意思吧 |
[54:54] | I do. | 了解 |
[55:49] | Damn. You didn’t even wait to get the motherfucker in the house. | 靠 你都不等把他弄进屋里 |