时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | You see now, I’m here to tell you, | 听着啊 我来告诉你 |
[00:12] | this remaining silent shit ain’t nothing like they make it out to be. | 这种保持沉默的招数 其实根本没用 |
[00:18] | You up in here all tight with it, | 你在这儿一言不发 |
[00:21] | waiting for your paid lawyer, | 等着你雇佣的律师来 |
[00:24] | thinking you all wise, ain’t you? | 自以为聪明了 对吧 |
[00:28] | No, see… | 错了 听着 |
[00:30] | that work when you some kind of criminal mastermind… | 如果你只是幕后军师 这招还有用 |
[00:34] | when you ain’t been seen runnin’ from the deed. | 可你是被目睹逃离案发现场 |
[00:38] | When your own fuckin’ running partner ain’t in the next room, | 而且你那该死的同伙就在隔壁 |
[00:42] | putting you in. | 要揭发你呢 |
[00:46] | Oh, yeah. | 哦嘢 |
[00:49] | Yep. | 行啊 |
[00:55] | He’s telling it like a little bitch. | 他可是啥都招了 像个小婊子呢 |
[00:59] | We even went to Mickey D’s for him because he was so motherfucking helpful. | 我们甚至还替他买麦当劳吃呢 因为他真是很帮得上忙啊 |
[01:04] | Two quarter pounders, big fries, | 两客巨无霸 大份的薯条 |
[01:07] | McDonaldland cookies, Dr. Pepper. | 还有麦乐园曲奇饼和胡椒博士哦 (一种焦糖碳酸饮料) |
[01:11] | That’s how your boy roll, right? | 你们都好这个 对吧 |
[01:21] | All right. Step out. | 好了 出来吧 |
[01:23] | Where we going? | 要去哪儿 |
[01:25] | Break room. So you can enjoy that, huh? | 休息室 这样你可以好好吃 对吧 |
[01:28] | All right. But I still ain’t sayin’ shit to you. | 好的 不过还是什么都不会说的 |
[01:30] | Yeah. | 行 |
[01:31] | Marnell, what the fuck? | Marnell 你他妈干什么啊 |
[01:41] | How many years you figure we’ve been doing the same shit? | 咱一起唱这双簧多少年了啊 |
[01:44] | 20, at least. | 至少20年了吧 |
[01:49] | True. | 真话 |
[01:51] | True. | 真话 |
[01:54] | False. Load them up. | 假话 放到机里去吧 |
[01:57] | – So, this shit actually works. – Hell yeah. | – 这破招还真管用吗 – 那还用说 |
[01:59] | Americans are stupid people. We believe what we’re told. | 美国人都是猪脑袋 别人说的俺们都信 |
[02:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:09] | So, it can feel my heartbeat? | 这玩意能感觉我的心跳? |
[02:11] | Pulse, yeah. | 是把脉 是的 |
[02:14] | If Marnell say I had the gun, he lying. | 如果Marnell说是我拿的枪 那是他骗人 |
[02:17] | The machine tells the tale, son. | 这话由这机器说了算 小子 |
[02:19] | Are we ready, Professor? | 可以了吗 教授 |
[02:22] | – Yeah. – We’ll start with an easy one. | – 行了 – 从简单的开始 |
[02:25] | Is your name, in fact, Dashawn Fredericks? | 你的真名是叫Dashawn Fredericks吗 |
[02:28] | Yeah. | 是 |
[02:36] | True. | 真话 |
[02:38] | And do you reside, in fact, | 你真住在… |
[02:41] | the 1200 block of Woodyear Street in West Baltimore? | 巴尔的摩西区Woodyear街 1200街区吗 |
[02:44] | Yeah. | 是 |
[02:51] | – True. – And did you and Marnell | – 真话 – 你跟Marnell… |
[02:53] | shoot your boy Pookie down on Cary Street just like Marnell said you did? | 就像Marnell说的那样 在Cary街射杀了你们的伙计Pookie吗 |
[02:57] | No. No. | 不 没有 |
[03:07] | Lie. You lying motherfucker. | 假话 你这撒谎的混蛋 |
[03:11] | Machine is never wrong, son. | 机器从没错过 小子 |
[03:14] | Fuck, man! | 操蛋 |
[03:16] | Nigger can’t never keep his damn mouth shut. | 那黑鬼的嘴就是不严实 |
[03:19] | I should’ve busted a cap in Pookie ass my own self. | 我本该自己把Pookie给爆了 |
[03:22] | Left Marnell home and shit. | 把Marnell留在家里才是 |
[03:25] | He just a bitch, is all. | 他真是个婊子 绝对的 |
[03:34] | The bigger the lie, the more they believe. | 谎撒得越大 他们越信以为真 |
[05:27] | Where’s the BlackBerry? | 黑莓呢 |
[05:29] | He brought his tunes. | 他还带着mp3呢 |
[05:32] | All the running shit pay, don’t it? | 干这些活儿都是有工资的吧 |
[05:40] | We got one coming in. Unidentified number-one male. Got him, Jimmy? | 来了一个人 男性 身份不明 看到了吗 Jimmy? |
[05:43] | Yeah. More face-to-face. | 嗯 脸对脸呢 |
[05:50] | Oh, man. | 老天 |
[05:52] | You know, this would be more fun if we were actually getting paid. | 要是真能领到钱 干这活儿会更有意思 |
[05:55] | Hey, you know, I heard a story about you, when I was back in the West. | 嗨 我在西区那会儿 听说过你的一个故事 |
[05:59] | It’s not true. | 都是没影儿的事 |
[06:00] | I haven’t even told it yet. | 我还没说是什么事呢 |
[06:02] | Whatever it is, it’s not true. | 不管是什么 都是没影儿的 |
[06:04] | You were on a vice undercover one time, | 有一次扫黄 你当卧底 |
[06:06] | and instead of pulling up, you went ahead and closed the deal. | 结果你没有收网 而是继续做了交易 |
[06:10] | I read this report where you got blowed by this whore, | 我读过你让妓女为你口交的记录 |
[06:12] | and you actually wrote it that you got blowed | 而且你还真把这事记录在案了 |
[06:15] | You believe everything you read? | 你看到的东西 你都信吗 |
[06:22] | Look, man, all I’m saying, | 听着 伙计 我说的是 |
[06:25] | if I’m gonna take your package, split me and be fair. | 如果要我从你这儿拿货 那公平点跟我分成啊 |
[06:29] | I mean I got to pay all my people the same and you upping the price on me. | 我还得给我的人一样的钱 你却要抬我的价 |
[06:32] | Pay your people less. | 那你的人就给少点 |
[06:33] | They my people, though. | 可他们是我的人啊 |
[06:34] | Show it yourself. | 那就自己拿少点 |
[06:37] | Split it 60/40. | 六四开 |
[06:39] | You want better? You need to tool up. | 要更好的分成? 抄家伙呗 |
[06:41] | I’ll wait for Chris, Snoop, and the rest of my people call on your people. | 等着Chris Snoop 还有我的其他手下去”探望”你们吧 |
[06:45] | We will be brief with all you motherfuckers. | 你们那些鸟人 我们一下就搞掂 |
[06:48] | I think you know. | 我想你懂的 |
[06:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:15] | Northbound on Fulton. | 在Fulton街往北 |
[07:17] | Lester, coming your way. | Lester 往你那边去了 |
[07:26] | – I see him. – Roger that. | – 我看见他了 – 收到 |
[07:30] | Every day, same shit. | 天天都是这些破事 |
[07:36] | – Look at this pretty bitch. – Ten-hut! | – 看看这个靓婊子 – 起立 |
[07:46] | Just sit the fuck down. | 他妈的坐下吧 |
[07:48] | I’m not gonna pretend to be insulted because you all are pretending to respect the rank. | 你们假装尊重上级 我不会因此假装不爽的 |
[07:52] | Today, he’s an SIC. | 今天的特别调查指挥官 |
[07:54] | Tomorrow, he might be a newly minted lieutenant. | 明日也许就是新科警督 |
[07:57] | You never know with these career-minded motherfuckers doing. | 你永远也摸不透 这些关心前程的家伙会怎么样 |
[08:00] | If I was minding my career, | 如果我在乎我的前程 |
[08:01] | would I be in the Western in command of you useless fucking humps? | 我会跑到西区来 只会你们这些没用的鸟人吗 |
[08:06] | OK, let’s go to the readouts and the warrants first. | 好了 咱先说说通知 再说说命令 |
[08:08] | – Fuck the readouts. – Fuck the warrants. | – 去他娘的通知 – 去他娘的命令 |
[08:10] | What the fuck is going on with our hours? | 我们的工时怎么回事 |
[08:12] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[08:14] | Easy, easy. If I had an answer, you’d have an answer. | 别急 别急 我要是得到答复 肯定就告诉你们了 |
[08:16] | I’m in the same boat as you. | 我跟各位是一样的处境 |
[08:19] | It’s five weeks since I’ve seen overtime or court pay, | 我有五周没拿加班和出庭津贴了 |
[08:22] | and I gotta pay the credit union, the archdiocese for my kid’s tuition | 我得还互助储金会的债 还得向教区付孩子的学费 |
[08:26] | and my ex-wife so she can pay her cunt of an attorney… | 还要给我前妻钱 好让她付钱给她那混蛋律师 |
[08:29] | Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down! | 他妈的闭嘴坐下 |
[08:33] | In your fucking seats. | 坐到位子上去 |
[08:39] | We’re still authorizing overtime | 加班工时我们继续认 |
[08:40] | and the state’s attorneys are still signing court slips. | 出庭的工资单 州检官也还是签名认账的 |
[08:43] | But you ain’t fucking paying us. | 但你们他妈的就是没给钱 |
[08:44] | The union says we’re going down to the NLRB and deal with this shit. | 工会说要找全国劳资委处理这事 |
[08:48] | Word coming down is that when the city’s budget situation is improved, | 据说等市政预算情况改善了 |
[08:51] | we’ll all see that as back pay or comp time. | 咱就会补发或者当加班费发 |
[08:54] | – Every last hour. – Back pay my ass. | – 一个钟头不少 – 补发个鬼 |
[08:56] | This shit here is just paper. | 这破东西都是些破纸 |
[08:59] | 65 hours of worthless paper right here. | 65小时的加班记录 屁用没有 |
[09:02] | Officer Brown, sit your ass. | Brown警官 给我坐下 |
[09:07] | Sit! | 坐下 |
[09:19] | We’re all professionals. | 我们都是职业警察 |
[09:21] | And we’re about to police the roughest district | 这是世界上治安情况最险峻的城市之一 |
[09:23] | in one of the roughest cities in the world. | 我们维持的又是它最险峻社区的治安 |
[09:26] | Show some pride. | 得有点精气神吧 |
[09:29] | If promises were made, promises will be kept. | 既然都答应了 肯定会兑现的 |
[09:32] | The situation in the city right now is bad | 目前我市的情况是不好 |
[09:35] | but it won’t stay bad forever. | 但不会永远这麽糟 |
[09:37] | We wait this out like professionals. | 那我们就要像职业人士一样 等待转机 |
[09:43] | Now, then, back to the readouts. | 好了 咱还是回头说说通知吧 |
[09:52] | First item is from motor pool. | 第一项是车辆调度场来的 |
[09:54] | No marked or unmarked units can be shopped on Dickman Street until further notice. | 在没有进一步通知前 不得送修任何有或没有标志的警车 |
[09:58] | What? | 什么 |
[10:00] | Cutbacks and fleet budgeting require that all districts | 因预算减少 所以要求各分局 |
[10:02] | make do with vehicles in their current state of repairs. That means… | 将就使用目前的车辆 也就是说… |
[10:08] | Shitbox cars are falling apart, don’t they fucking know that? | 这些烂车都要散架了 他们就他妈的不知道吗 |
[10:24] | Where you at? | 你在哪儿 |
[10:25] | On his ass. | 在他后面 |
[10:30] | – You guys got the eyeball. – All good, Lester. It’s all good. | – 你们给盯牢了啊 – 没问题的 Lester 一切顺利 |
[10:43] | Natives are restless, huh? | 他们都不乐意了吧 |
[10:44] | I don’t know how long we go before the wheels fall off the cart. | 不知道咱们还能撑多久 |
[10:47] | A year ago, they were promised pay raises, pension bumps, | 一年前 他们还答应要提薪 增加退休金 |
[10:50] | better equipment, better cars. | 更好的装备 更好的车 |
[10:52] | Now we can’t even pay the OT. | 现在可是连加班费都付不起 |
[10:54] | Gave them the professionalism bit, right? | 跟他们讲了职业精神那一套了吧 |
[10:56] | In the real world, they pay professionals. That’s why we call them pros. | 现实世界中 职业人士都是拿工资的 所以才叫职业人士 |
[10:59] | Major, there’s a problem on the back lot. | 警司 后面停车场出事了 |
[11:04] | – If it really bothers you, clean them up. – Fuck you, son. | – 如果你觉得不爽 就清理呗 – 操蛋吧你 |
[11:07] | Fuck you right back. | 你才操蛋 |
[11:08] | That thing was all fucked up when I got it for midnight, ask anyone. | 我午夜交接车的时候 那玩意儿就在那儿了 不信问人去 |
[11:11] | You clean it or you get the midnight shift to clean it. | 你来清理 不然你找午夜班的那些人清理 |
[11:14] | Clean this. | 清理啊 |
[11:16] | Fuck you, Gene. You don’t leave it like that for the next man. | 去你的 Gene 总不能就这么留着给下一班的人吧 |
[11:19] | You’re the one whining like a little bitch, Bobby. | 像个娘们那样哭哭啼啼的是你 Bobby |
[11:27] | As SIC should I stop this? | 作为指挥官 我该去阻止他们吗 |
[11:35] | What, you think this is good for morale or something? | 怎么 你觉得这可以提升士气什么的吗 |
[11:38] | These guys haven’t had an honest paycheck in weeks. | 这些家伙几周没拿到钱了 |
[11:42] | We have no fucking morale, Sergeant. | 根本咱就没有士气 警长 |
[11:56] | Kid ran us around for half an hour. | 这屁孩带着我们兜了半小时了 |
[11:59] | Amazing, ain’t it? | 妙吧 |
[12:04] | Here we go. | 来了 |
[12:16] | Got a meeting. | 我们要接头 |
[12:18] | – Want me to come? – No, no. | – 要我去吗 – 不不 |
[12:19] | You go check on your corner. I’ll send word if it’s on. | 你去看看你负责的那个买卖点 有事我让人带话给你 |
[12:35] | – He’s moving. – All right. | – 他要走了 – 好的 |
[12:44] | Lester, are you there? | Lester 在吗 |
[12:47] | Up on Reisterstown with Chris. | 跟Chris在Reisterstown |
[12:49] | Marlo’s on the move. | Marlo要走了 |
[12:52] | Should we follow him? | 我们要跟踪他吗 |
[12:53] | Why? We know where he’s going. | 干嘛啊 我们知道他要去哪儿 |
[13:00] | No, sir, we’ve cut it to the bone already. | 不 先生 已经减到伤筋动骨了 |
[13:03] | The cars are gonna go in service for the next month. | 那些车下个月还要继续用 |
[13:05] | And for as long as we can get away with it, we’re deferring all overtime and court pay. | 能捱多久算多久 而且加班费和出庭津贴也都拖着没发 |
[13:09] | How’s crime? How are your stats? | 犯罪率呢 数据如何 |
[13:11] | The double-digit decline you wanted, not possible with these cuts. | 这么缩减开支 你想要的两位数递减是没法实现的 |
[13:15] | For God’s sake, you got to show us some kind of reduction. | 看在上帝份上 你的犯罪率总得有所下降吧 |
[13:18] | – I campaigned on that. – All this deferred overtime… | – 我可是靠这个才竞选上来的 – 拖欠的加班费… |
[13:21] | We’ll pay it as we can. And the pay raises I promised? | 有办法了我们就马上付 至于我答应过的提薪 |
[13:25] | They’re still coming, just a year late. | 还是会有的 就是迟一年实现罢了 |
[13:27] | Right now I got to throw every dollar at the schools, | 现在我得把所有的钱花在学校上 |
[13:29] | but you tell your people I know I made promises. | 但你去跟你的人说 我知道我做过承诺 |
[13:33] | Where else can you guys trim? | 还能在什么地方节流呢 |
[13:36] | Well, we’ve been running a prolonged investigation… | 呃 我们在进行一项冗长的调查 |
[13:41] | into all the bodies we pulled out of those houses last year. | 就是去年我们在那些房子里发现的尸体 |
[13:46] | Months of surveillance. Thousands of man-hours. | 好几个月的监视 几千个工时 |
[13:49] | At this point, we’re not close to an arrest. | 目前还没法逮人 |
[13:51] | You’re saying you want us to come down on a case | 你是说要我们停止调查… |
[13:53] | in which 22 people were murdered and left to rot in city houses? | 22宗杀人弃尸案吗 |
[13:57] | We caught national news coverage on those murders. | 因为这些凶案 我们上了全国新闻 |
[13:59] | Last year. | 去年的 |
[14:01] | I don’t want anyone saying we’re giving up on those murders. | 我不希望别人以为我们放弃调查了 |
[14:04] | I don’t want to see that headline. | 我不希望看到那样的标题 |
[14:05] | But given our fiscal situation, we could… | 但就目前的财政状况 我们可以… |
[14:09] | temporarily suspend the investigation… | 暂时中止调查 |
[14:12] | pending new developments. | 等待新的进展 |
[14:16] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[14:17] | We need to take away the ten-hour cap on secondary employment. | 咱得取消兼职十小时为上限的规定了 |
[14:21] | You do that and your police aren’t doing police work. | 你要是这么干 你的警察就撂摊子了 |
[14:24] | They’re guarding liquor stores, bouncing nightclubs, putting up drywall. | 他们会保护酒店 给夜店看场子 干建筑活儿去了 |
[14:28] | Respectfully, morale is at rock bottom. | 说实在的 士气现在超低落 |
[14:31] | You need to throw our people a bone… | 你必须给我的人一点甜头… |
[14:33] | or you could lose them for good. | 不然就会永远失去他们 |
[14:42] | Hold the line now | 坚持住 |
[14:44] | and we’ll get to a better place, I promise. | 我们会有转机的 我保证 |
[14:59] | Say it, Norman, | 说吧 Norman |
[15:01] | you’re thinking it. | 你不正想着吗 |
[15:03] | Truth to power, Norman. | 谏言不讳啊 Norman |
[15:06] | Isn’t that what I keep you around for? | 我留着你 不就是为了这个吗 |
[15:08] | When the governor threw that 50-some million on the table, | 州长给出五千多万的时候 |
[15:10] | you should’ve picked that shit up. | 你就该收下 |
[15:12] | He takes the state bail-out and he never becomes governor. | 他要是收了国家救助金 他就成不了州长了 |
[15:14] | He shorts the police department, the crime rate stays up, | 他裁减警局预算 犯罪率就居高不下 |
[15:17] | he ain’t no governor, neither. | 他还是成不了州长 |
[15:18] | Just a weak-ass mayor of a broke-ass city. | 只是一个破城市的烂市长 |
[15:24] | – Feel better? – A little bit. | – 感觉好些了? – 好一点 |
[15:26] | You? | 你呢 |
[15:46] | Boy folded it up. | 那小子想开了 |
[15:49] | He taking our shit 60/40. | 他要跟我们六四分账 |
[15:52] | Yeah, nigger showed no heart at all. | 嗯 那黑鬼就是没心没肺的 |
[15:54] | – So my people could stand down there? – Definitely. | – 我的人在那边可以放松戒备了吧? – 绝对的 |
[15:57] | – All right. – Won’t need no drama behind this nonsense. | – 好吧 – 这摊子事就不想再搞什么动作了 |
[16:00] | And po-po’s still up on you, huh? | 条子还是跟着你 对吧 |
[16:02] | Yeah, hot all the time, man. | 嗯 一直没消停过 |
[16:05] | Today they got the white boy with the black hair | 今天他们派了一个黑头发的白人小子 |
[16:07] | up on the roof with Booker T Washington. | 去了Booker T Washington学校的屋顶上 |
[16:09] | Watching with his spyglass. | 用小望远镜监视 |
[16:12] | The young ‘un saw him climbing up. Yeah. | 手下人见到他上去了 |
[16:16] | All right, so we’ll do like this, then. | 好吧 那咱就这么行事吧 |
[16:33] | That’s it. | 就这么着了 |
[16:36] | All of that so he could swap a few words. | 这么折腾就为了说这几句话 |
[16:39] | How do you wiretap that? | 这怎么窃听呢 |
[16:41] | – Lester? – Are we done for the day, man? | – Lester? – 今天是不是就到这儿了? |
[16:44] | You don’t want to stay on Chris, see where he goes next? | 你不想跟着Chris 看他接下来去哪儿吗 |
[16:48] | We’ve been on this guy for months, man, he doesn’t slip. | 我们跟了这家伙几个月了 他口风紧得很 |
[16:51] | And no one’s kicking our OT. | 咱的加班费又没人付 |
[16:54] | Yeah. We’re done. | 行啊 就到这儿吧 |
[16:58] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[17:01] | Greenhouse gas right here. Gas up. | “温室气体”有卖 来爽下吧 |
[17:06] | Hey, Marcus, you got a count for me? | 嗨 Marcus 还有货吗 |
[17:09] | – Spider, you got a count for me? – For you? No. | – Spider 还有货吗 – 你吗 没有 |
[17:20] | How we do? | 情况如何 |
[17:23] | Can’t say for sure. | 说不准 |
[17:27] | They short, huh? | 他们缺货了吗 |
[17:29] | Man, I just know they ain’t told me. | 我只知道他们不肯说 |
[17:36] | Greenhouse gas. Gas up on the green. | “温室气体”有卖 来爽下吧 |
[17:39] | Go home, man. Bug’ll be out of school pretty soon. | 回家吧 伙计 Bug很快就放学了 |
[17:43] | I ain’t you, Michael. | 我不是你 Michael |
[17:45] | Go get Bug. I’ll see you tonight. | 去接Bug吧 今晚见 |
[17:55] | Greenhouse gas right here. | “温室气体”有卖 |
[17:57] | Yo, we short? | 唷 没问题吧 |
[17:59] | No, we good. Got 60 left from 1,400. We on it, Mike. | 没啊 挺好 1400就卖剩60了 挺好的 Mike |
[18:04] | So why you ain’t tell Duke? | 那你怎么不告诉Duke? |
[18:06] | – Why you fucking with Duke, nigger? – I ain’t fucking with nobody, man. | – 你怎么跟Duke过不去 黑鬼? – 我没跟谁过不去啊 |
[18:10] | He just acting like a bitch, that’s all. | 是他神经过敏罢了 就这样 |
[18:15] | Greenhouse gas is hot. | “温室气体”很爽哦 |
[18:27] | They’re getting a little sloppier. | 他们可是有点昏了头了 |
[18:29] | Did that meet in the same lot they’ve used twice in the last week. | 过去一周在同一个地点接头两次 |
[18:33] | The one in McCulloh? | McCulloh的那个地方? |
[18:35] | That’s pretty thin considering how long we’ve been on these guys, Lester. | 想想我们跟了他们多久 这还真是”挺好”的 Lester |
[18:39] | They’re gonna get lazy, fall into a pattern. | 他们懒了 都固定模式了 |
[18:43] | They all do, over time. | 随着时间流逝 他们慢慢都这样 |
[18:46] | Someone say overtime? | 谁说了加班? |
[18:47] | We did 14 hours today and we’ll only get paid for 8. | 说真的 今天干了14个钟头 却只领8个钟头的薪水 |
[18:50] | Cases gotta go green before they go black. | 先苦后甜嘛 |
[18:52] | That’s how I was taught. | 这是我的经验 |
[18:54] | 180 hours and counting. | 180小时了 还不断增加 |
[18:57] | Couple more weeks and you get a month’s work. | 再多几周 就满一个月了 |
[18:58] | Couple more weeks, I’m gonna be in jail for late payment of child support. | 再多几周 我就坐牢去了 拖延支付小孩的赡养费 |
[19:05] | Who needs a taste? | 谁要喝一杯 |
[19:07] | Shit. Who’s buying, motherfucker? | 屁 谁请客啊 |
[19:09] | I’ll cover a round or two. | 我请一两轮吧 |
[19:10] | Then I guess I’m drinking a round or two. | 那我就喝它一两轮吧 |
[19:14] | Oh, yeah, and a boat dock, huh? | 哇 还有船坞啊 |
[19:16] | Yeah. And the gazebo here… for my wife. | 嗯 这个凉亭 是给我太太的 |
[19:21] | ??? You get any word from downtown on when they’ll start paying out the OT again? | 警督 您有城里来的消息吗 说啥时候要还我们加班的钱? |
[19:25] | Cos we going double shift on these surveillances. | 这些监视行动我们都是两班倒的 |
[19:28] | They haven’t told me anything. | 他们啥都没说 |
[19:30] | Guess I ain’t in the loop. | 大概我不是圈内人吧 |
[19:37] | We have to shut it down, Colonel. | 得叫停了 副总警监 |
[19:39] | Explain to me how we come up on 22 bodies. Explain that to me. | 解释一下怎么会出现22具尸体的 解释给我听听 |
[19:42] | This comes straight from the hall. | 这是市政厅下的令 |
[19:44] | You’re talking about a year’s worth of work by my best people. | 你说的可是我最强的手下一年的辛苦啊 |
[19:47] | To just give up on all of that? | 就这么放弃了? |
[19:49] | Colonel, we haven’t made an honest payroll in over a month. | 副总警监 咱们一个月发不出工资了 |
[19:52] | Where the fuck is Carcetti? | Carcetti在哪儿呢 |
[19:54] | The man promised us a new day. | 这家伙曾许诺会有新的面貌 |
[19:56] | He’s tangled up with the schools and we’re on hold. | 他重心放在学校 咱们就要等等了 |
[20:02] | The mayor’s made a few commitments to me personally. | 市长私下跟我做了些承诺 |
[20:04] | If you want to call in a marker on behalf of this department, | 如果你想代表警局跟他算算账 |
[20:07] | feel free. | 我没意见 |
[20:08] | And while you’re at it, see if you can get your take-home car back. | 同时再看看你能否 要回咱开公车回家的权利 |
[20:12] | Budget officer called an hour ago | 预算员一小时前打来电话 |
[20:14] | telling us to relieve colonels and below of take-home vehicles. | 说不再让副总警监及以下人员将公车开回家 |
[20:33] | Hold on. See, if you move it here, then I got you. | 等等 看 如果你这么放 我就赢了 |
[20:40] | OK. The little man bringing it. | 好吧 小家伙开战了啊 |
[20:47] | Yo, Duke… | 唷 Duke… |
[20:50] | I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[20:53] | You ain’t need to put in time on the corner if you don’t want. | 如果你不愿意 就不用再到那个买卖点干了 |
[20:55] | I mean, you doing enough here with Bug to get paid. | 你在这儿陪着Bug就够了 能领到钱了 |
[20:59] | How you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:00] | I’m saying, looking out for him. | 我是说 这么照顾他 |
[21:04] | And I’ve been thinking, like, if you were to get locked up | 我一直在想 如果你因什么事被关起来 |
[21:07] | for some shit, how’d it be for Bug, you know? | 那Bug会怎么样呢 你知道 |
[21:13] | So, who’s gonna watch your corner in the morning? | 那早上谁来帮你看着那场子 |
[21:17] | Thought I might promote Spider, | 我觉得可以提拔Spider |
[21:19] | see how he do for a week or so. | 一两周内看看他干得怎么样 |
[21:23] | So, I’d be like a nanny and shit? | 那我不就成个保姆什么的了吗 |
[21:26] | What am I gonna do before Bug get home from school, | Bug放学回家前 我得干什么 |
[21:29] | clean the stove and bake some cookies? | 擦炉子 再烤些曲奇吗 |
[21:33] | Do what you wanna, yo. | 想干什么都行 |
[21:35] | Before he get home, time is your own. | 他到家之前 时间你自己支配 |
[21:44] | You beat me. | 你赢了我了 |
[21:46] | Oh, snap, you beat me. | 厉害啊 赢了我了 |
[21:52] | Fucking liars, motherfucking liars. | 操蛋的大话精 骗人的混蛋 |
[21:55] | Easy, boy. | 别气啊 伙计 |
[21:58] | I was happy on patrol. I was fine. | 我当巡警时可开心呢 挺好的啊 |
[22:01] | – You were bored. – Fuck no. I was happy. | – 你觉得没劲啊 – 不是 我开心着呢 |
[22:05] | Motherfuckers come to me and say, | 那些混蛋找到我 说 |
[22:08] | “It’s a new day, Jimmy,” | “全新的局面啊 Jimmy” |
[22:10] | talking shit about how it was gonna change. | 说了一堆会怎么变革的屁话 |
[22:12] | Shit never fucking changes. | 他妈的根本没变化 |
[22:14] | If they had left me up and running | 如果他们当时让我查下去 |
[22:15] | when Marlo was on them cell phones, | Marlo窃听他们的手机的时候 |
[22:17] | I’d have had him a year ago. | 我一年前就逮住他了 |
[22:18] | See? But they can’t do the right thing. | 瞧见了? 可他们就是不干正事 |
[22:21] | It ain’t in them. | 那压根不是他们的风格 |
[22:23] | Now we’re back on Marlo’s ass, we need to be on him 24/7. | 现在我们又重查Marlo了 那就得24小时盯着他 |
[22:26] | The motherfuckers cut our overtime | 那些混蛋断了咱的加班钱 |
[22:28] | and they shopped our best surveillance van. | 还把最好的监视车辆送修了 |
[22:31] | Don’t even think about trying to requisition | 就更别指望能申请… |
[22:34] | a new fucking digital camera. | 一架新的数码相机了 |
[22:36] | They want to do it on the cheap. | 他们想用最省钱的方式查案 |
[22:39] | – Bunk on the prowl. – Hey, Bunky-Bunk, come here. | – Bunk巡游来了 – 嗨 Bunky Bunk 过来 |
[22:43] | – Jimmy. – Come here, you virile beast. | – Jimmy – 过来 你这猛男 |
[22:47] | Come on, Bunk. Buy me a drink, you whore. | 来啊 Bunk 给我买杯酒 婊子 |
[22:49] | With what? | 用啥买啊 |
[22:55] | I’d have thought the bosses would’ve at least figured out | 我还以为上头至少会想法子 |
[22:58] | how to keep paying Homicide. | 给凶杀组发工资呢 |
[23:01] | Pete, come on. Take these slips off me. | Pete 得了吧 帮我解决这些单子 |
[23:03] | I’ll pay you 50 cents on the dollar against my tab. | 这里一块钱顶我半块钱的帐 |
[23:06] | Cash only. | 只收现金 |
[23:07] | When we get paid, you double your money. | 等我们发钱了 你不就有双倍收入嘛 |
[23:09] | City’s never gonna be healthy enough to go all that back pay. | 市政从来不会真的足额补发工资的 |
[23:12] | How the fuck are we gonna pay the bar tab? | 那酒吧的账单咱们怎么付 |
[23:14] | We could always knock off a liquor store. | 可以抢劫卖酒的商店呗 |
[23:16] | G & L on Edmondson. Thin Plexi, I’d take out the counter man. | Edmondson大街上的G & L 玻璃很薄 我可以搞掂柜台的人 |
[23:21] | – I’ll cover you. – I got the door, no problem. | – 我掩护你 – 门我来解决 没问题 |
[23:25] | Who’s gonna be our wheel man? | 谁来开车呢 |
[23:36] | Every plan, a weak link. | 每个计划都有一个薄弱环节 |
[23:40] | I heard they’re closing the foreign bureaus – | 听说要关了国外的机构 |
[23:42] | Jo’burg, Beijing, everything. | 南非的 中国的 全都关 |
[23:44] | – I heard layoffs as bad as in Philly. – Bullshit, they’re not gonna lay off. | – 听说费城的下岗情况也一样严重 – 胡说 他们不会下岗的 |
[23:48] | They’ll offer buyouts first. | 他们会先发一次性遣散费 |
[23:50] | If they don’t get enough, they’ll go right to layoffs. | 如果钱不够了 再让人下岗 |
[23:52] | What the fuck you care? You got all the seniority in the world. | 你管这些干嘛 你的资历那么深 |
[23:55] | Be a shame to rid of them twentysomethings in the newsroom. | 编辑部解雇干了20几年的 太糟糕了 |
[23:58] | Degenerate motherfucker. | 堕落的混蛋 |
[24:01] | Yeah. Kleppner sure do like to hire them sweet, young things. | 嗯 Kleppner肯定喜欢雇些年轻的 |
[24:05] | 23, 24 years old, model-thin. | 二十三四岁 模特身材 |
[24:08] | Long, straight hair and big traffic-light eyes. | 直长发 亮闪闪的大眼睛 |
[24:10] | And half of them can’t write a lick, can they? | 而一半人是啥都不会写 对吧 |
[24:13] | Yeah, our esteemed managing editor. | 对啊 咱这受人尊敬的总编 |
[24:16] | Certainly does favor a certain type, don’t he? | 肯定有某种偏好 对吧 |
[24:19] | Gentlemen… | 男人嘛 |
[24:21] | Question mark. | 那可难说 |
[24:25] | Someday, I want to find out what it feels like | 有一天 我要感受一下… |
[24:28] | to work for a real newspaper. | 为一家真正的报纸工作是啥滋味 |
[24:49] | What? I’ve got calls out. | 怎么 我出去采访了 |
[24:51] | You start writing now, | 现在就开始写 |
[24:52] | and I’m not here ten o’clock tonight reworking your lead. | 我总不能今晚十点 还在这儿重新弄你的导语吧 |
[24:55] | – Reworking my lead? – Come on, Fletch. | – 重新弄我的导语? – 拜托 Fletch |
[24:57] | Try to make the e-dot deadline for once in your life. | 这辈子至少一次 赶上报纸二编的期限吧 |
[25:01] | – A-matter for the council meeting? – Yeah. | – 市政会议的事吧 – 嗯 |
[25:04] | I’ll top it with whatever smells fresh, make the double-dot. | 只要有新消息 我就让它上头条 再付印 |
[25:07] | They’re gonna vote on a homeless ordinance, right? | 他们要投票决定一个 针对无家可归者的法令 对吧 |
[25:09] | Maybe not. Nerese is making noises | 也许不是 Nerese放出风声 |
[25:11] | like she might throw it back to committee. | 说要把这事交回给市政委员会处理 |
[25:14] | Yeah? Well, find me some news somewhere. | 是吗 反正找地方给我弄新闻来 |
[25:23] | Something’s burning. | 有地方着火了 |
[25:26] | You… wondered what it might be? | 你们…想知道是怎么回事吗 |
[25:29] | Hey, I’m not the police reporter. | 嗨 我又不是警讯记者 |
[25:32] | But you called Twigg, though, right? | 但你可以打给Twigg 对吧 |
[25:39] | At least he’s a columnist, he’s paid to sit on his ass. | 至少他是个专栏作家 给他钱就得好好坐着写 |
[25:41] | What’s your excuse? | 你的借口又是什么 |
[25:42] | Just left him in the smoking lounge. Hit him on his cell. | 让他呆在抽烟区 打自己手机去 |
[25:45] | What kind of people stand around watching a fire? | 什么人会无所事事地看火灾呢 |
[25:48] | Some shameful shit right here. | 真是可悲啊 |
[25:53] | Where else would you rather be, huh, kids? | 你们还想上哪儿去呢 孩子们 |
[25:58] | Hey, Gus. | 嗨 Gus |
[26:10] | Hey, Jay. | 嗨 Jay |
[26:12] | A.P. Has got something on more cutbacks in city bus lines. | 美联社有城市减少公交线路的报道 |
[26:15] | You don’t say. | 不是吧 |
[26:16] | Daily Record had it this morning. M.T.A. Trial balloon. | Daily Record报今天早上就报道了 汽车贸易协会的试探性行为 |
[26:19] | State desk is covering. | 本州新闻部也报道了 |
[26:22] | Daily Record Daily Record. | |
[26:23] | All right, people, it’s two o’clock, I need budget lines | 好了 各位 现在是两点钟 我要大家的新闻概要 |
[26:27] | in case anybody’s threatening to commit an act of daily journalism. | 防止有人又想威胁拖搞 |
[26:34] | City desk. Haynes. | 本市新闻部 我是Haynes |
[26:37] | You didn’t, huh? | 你没有啊 |
[26:38] | What the fuck are we supposed to do for centerpiece art? | 那中心版面的图片怎么办 |
[26:42] | Great. Wonderful. | 好 好极了 |
[26:46] | Photo didn’t get out for the racetrack piece. | 赛马报道的照片出不来了 |
[26:48] | What about art for the Hopkins press conference? | Hopkins新闻发布会的照片呢 |
[26:51] | Scratched it for racetrack. Hey, Swag, it’s me again. | 之前把它换成赛马报道了 嗨 Swag 还是我 |
[26:54] | Something’s on fire over in East Baltimore. | 巴尔的摩东部有地方着火了 |
[26:56] | Surprise me with a nice, pretty picture, huh? | 弄个漂亮照片来给我惊喜下吧 |
[26:59] | Look, what we have is drug violence and plenty of it. | 听着 我们查到的是毒品暴力犯罪 而且是很多 |
[27:03] | What you have are federal gun statutes that | 你们说的是联邦枪支法 |
[27:05] | come with a five-year minimum, no parole, | 五年的最低刑期 不得保释 |
[27:07] | and we need to lower our murder rate. | 我们需要降低命案率 |
[27:10] | Especially since you shorted your police department budget. | 在你削减了警察局的预算的时候吗 |
[27:13] | It’s no secret we have budget problems, | 我们财政经费紧 不是什么秘密 |
[27:15] | all the more reason for the US Attorney to pitch in. | 所以司法部要介入 |
[27:18] | Officially, my priorities are counterterrorism | 正经地说 我最需处理的是反暴行 |
[27:21] | and political corruption. | 还有政治腐败 |
[27:22] | So you told me when I asked you for help | 我当时请求你协查 |
[27:23] | on those bodies in the vacant houses. | 空屋弃尸的时候你也是这么说的 |
[27:26] | But I’m inclined to provide you with a dozen FBI agents | 但我现在愿意向你们提供十几位联邦探员 |
[27:29] | and all the wherewithal they need to work that case. | 还有他们所需的所有办案资金 |
[27:33] | But we want Clay Davis to go federal. | 但我们希望Clay Davis接受联邦审讯 |
[27:36] | Our state’s attorney has developed that case. | 我们的州检已经立案了 |
[27:38] | Our state’s attorney decides what to do with it. | 所以要由州检来做决定 |
[27:41] | He seems inclined to keep Mr. Davis local at this point. | 他此刻似乎想让Davis先生在本地受审 |
[27:44] | But if you could convince Mr. Bond to reconsider, | 但如果你可以让Bond先生重新考虑 |
[27:47] | we might find the resources | 我们也许可以找到些资源 |
[27:49] | not only for the probe of the row-house bodies, | 不单是调查那些弃尸 |
[27:51] | but the time to run some of those gun cases for you. | 还可以帮你们查那些枪支案 |
[27:53] | But unless you get Clay Davis, you’ll let the killing continue. | 但如果你得不到Clay Davis 你就会任由杀戮继续下去 |
[27:56] | Now look, the FBI and the US Attorney’s office | 听着 FBI和联邦检察署 |
[27:59] | are not here to do the job that your police department can’t. | 不是来这儿做你们警察局做不了的事的 |
[28:02] | Don’t blame us for your ineffectiveness. | 你们无能 别怪在我们头上 |
[28:04] | Baltimore is knee deep in blood. | 巴尔的摩已经是腥风血雨了 |
[28:05] | Unless this guy can hang a Democratic legislator, | 除非这家伙能把一个民主党议员送上绞架 |
[28:08] | he couldn’t give a damn. | 否则他才没所谓 |
[28:10] | And to protect that legislator, | 为了保护这名议员 |
[28:12] | who happens to be one of the most corrupt extortion artists in the state, | 碰巧是本州一位腐败的勒索高手 |
[28:16] | you’ll burn every last bridge. | 你会自绝后路 是吧 |
[28:17] | Do you think I give a shit about Clay Davis? | 你以为我在乎Clay Davis吗 |
[28:19] | – I am not protecting him. – Then give him up. | – 我不是在保护他 – 那就把他交出来 |
[28:22] | – It’s Bond’s call. Talk to him. – I have. | – 那是Bond说了算的 跟他谈去 – 我谈过了 |
[28:25] | And he told your Republican ass to go fuck itself? | 他告诉你们共和党人滚一边去 对吧 |
[28:27] | Well, let me double down on that. | 那我就再说一次吧 |
[28:38] | Good luck with your crime problem. | 祝处理犯罪问题好运 |
[28:48] | That go well? | 很顺利嘛 |
[28:50] | You know why he wants the Clay Davis investigation so bad? | 你知道他为什么这么急着 要自己调查Clay Davis吗 |
[28:52] | So he can stomp all over the Democratic party | 那样他就可以对民主党踩上一脚 |
[28:54] | and help give his asshole Republican golf buddy | 然后帮他的共和党高尔夫球友 |
[28:57] | another four years in the governor’s mansion. | 再连任四年州长 |
[28:59] | So, Bond is keeping the case local to help the party, huh? | Bond不想把案子交出来 也是为了帮助政党 对吧 |
[29:03] | No. Bond is keeping the case so that | 不 Bond留着这案子 |
[29:05] | Clay Davis can be a trophy for Bond. | 是为了让Clay Davis成为他的战利品 |
[29:08] | My guess is, our newly elected state’s attorney | 我猜咱们新当选的州检官 |
[29:10] | wants to, one day, run for mayor. | 想要有一天竞选市长 |
[29:12] | Cuts both ways for you, Nerese. | 你就两头为难了 Nerese |
[29:14] | If the Feds get Clay Davis, | 如果联邦检察署得到Clay Davis |
[29:15] | then the case doesn’t give Bond any profile, | 那这个案子就没法让Bond树形象 |
[29:17] | But if they get him and flip him, | 但如果他们得到了 又让他反水 |
[29:20] | Clay might take half the Royce administration with him. | Clay就把Royce一半的管理团队拉下水 |
[29:22] | You included, maybe. | 也许也包括你 |
[29:26] | Don’t you worry about me. | 你不用担心我 |
[29:28] | You, on the other hand, just slammed the door on the feds, | 而你恰恰在我们需要帮助的时候 |
[29:31] | when we need all the help we can get. | 拒绝了联邦检察署的人 |
[29:35] | That’s on them. | 那是他们的错 |
[29:49] | Pussy call. | 难过美人关啊 |
[29:50] | I’m just glad to know Marlo has a hobby. | 我很高兴知道Marlo有这嗜好 |
[29:56] | Take her to her room, | 带她到房间去 |
[29:58] | You know, let her hit the minibar, watch TV. | 让她喝喝酒 看看电视 |
[30:02] | When she’s settled, we’ll take care of the other thing. | 等她安顿好了 我们就处理其他事情 |
[30:06] | I’ll use Monk for my ride. | 我让Monk来给我开车 |
[30:13] | All right, then, moving on to new business, | 好吧 那谈谈新的议题 |
[30:16] | with John Hopkins buying up everything | 霍普金斯大学买下了Monument大街以北 |
[30:18] | north of Monument Street and tearing the shit down, | 所有地盘 在拆除旧屋 |
[30:21] | I think we all see the writing on the wall in East Baltimore. | 我想我们都知道东巴尔的摩墙上的广告语了 |
[30:24] | Yeah. They moving the hood out. | 对 他们把混混都赶走了 |
[30:26] | Yo, niggers are going across the line to Baltimore County. | 黑鬼要越线进入巴尔的摩郡了 |
[30:29] | Pretty soon, East Baltimore won’t be in Essex. | 很快 东巴尔的摩就不再是Essex的地盘了 |
[30:32] | There’s a market already along route 40 and down at Turner Station. | 沿40号公路一直到Turner车站 那儿已经有市场了 |
[30:36] | And new territory go to who claim it. | 新的地盘是谁说了归谁 |
[30:37] | No. Ordinarily so. | 不 一般是这样 |
[30:39] | But here we got some of | 但我们有些… |
[30:40] | our east-side people being displaced, right? | 东区的人正被赶出来 对吧 |
[30:43] | I think we need to take care of those most affected. | 我觉得我们该关照受影响最大的 |
[30:47] | Meaning you. | 也就是你 |
[30:51] | Well, I am east side, for the most part. | 很大程度上 我在东区干 |
[30:56] | But I’m talking about Hungry Man and Parker and Ghost. | 可我说的是Hungry Man 还有Parker和Ghost |
[31:00] | You know, others beside myself. | 除了我 还有其他人 |
[31:03] | Hopkins ain’t gonna affect your market share, Marlo. | 霍普金斯不会影响你的市场份额的 Marlo |
[31:07] | – So for those of us who suffer… – All right, I see that. | – 对我们中那些受影响的… – 好吧 我明白了 |
[31:10] | Why don’t you let one of your juniors get a shot | 干吗不找你的马仔去干一票 |
[31:12] | to open the county up? | 去打开局面 |
[31:14] | Let a fresh face get a shot at it. | 让一个生面孔去干 |
[31:15] | No disrespect, son, but how I delegate to my lieutenants | 无意冒犯 孩子 但我怎么给我的手下派活儿 |
[31:19] | is not a co-op concern. | 不是合作的重点 |
[31:23] | Yeah, but how Slim feel about that, though? | 嗯 但Slim对此有何感觉呢 |
[31:26] | How you feel, tall man? Ready to pioneer out there for us? | 你感觉如何 高佬? 准备好为我们当先锋吗 |
[31:30] | Nah, I’m good where I am. | 不 我现在这样挺好 |
[31:32] | Marlo, man, you’re a little out of order here. | Marlo 伙计 你有些过了 |
[31:36] | Yeah, well, it’s just a thought. | 嗯 呃 就是一个想法 |
[31:39] | Look, man, what’s the percentage breakdown… | 听着 这个分成… |
[31:41] | Don’t sleep on Marlo. | 对Marlo不可大意 |
[31:44] | He up to some shit here. | 他有古怪 |
[31:48] | That was some prime real estate. | 那可是一流的小区 |
[31:50] | It took me six years to build up them corners. | 我花了六年才把它们变成买卖场 |
[32:16] | Reginald Reginald. | |
[32:21] | Reginald Reginald. | |
[32:29] | I’m going to work, you know I got night shift all this week. | 我要去上班了 你知道我这周都是夜班 |
[32:33] | You know, I could stay down here quiet like, | 我会在这儿安静呆着 |
[32:36] | you ain’t need to sweat. | 你不用紧张 |
[32:37] | You don’t stay here when I’m not around. That’s our rule. | 我不在的时候 你不能在这儿 咱们说好了的 |
[32:42] | I’m your brother. I got nowhere to go when I leave. | 我是你哥哥 我要是离开了 就没地方可去了 |
[32:45] | Last time I left you alone in my home, | 上次我留你一个人在我家 |
[32:46] | you dragged half my kitchen to a pawn shop. | 你把我厨房里的半数东西都拿去当了 |
[32:49] | Remember that? | 记得吗 |
[32:52] | But you can keep the door locked, right? | 但你可以把门锁了 对吧 |
[32:54] | I’m down here. | 我就在这下面 |
[32:57] | My rules. | 我说了算 |
[32:59] | You said. | 你说过的 |
[33:40] | The courthouse? What the fuck? | 法院? 他妈的怎么回事 |
[33:42] | I’ll go in. | 我去 |
[33:45] | Rupert Rupert. | |
[33:49] | What now? | 怎么了 |
[33:51] | Major crimes is being disbanded. | 重案组被裁减了 |
[33:53] | The detectives return to regular rotation. | 警探都回去干日常工作 |
[33:55] | I got the word yesterday from command. The mayor signed off. | 我昨天接到上头的命令 市长签字同意了 |
[33:59] | They’re quietly deep-sixing the investigation | 他们要悄悄地放弃 |
[34:01] | into the bodies and Marlo Stanfield. | 对弃尸和Marlo Stanfield的案子 |
[34:03] | – A money thing? – They’re pulling back on everything. | – 缺钱吗 – 什么都要紧缩 |
[34:06] | Man hours, equipment, lab work, motor pool. | 人工 装备 化验 还有用车 |
[34:09] | Every last dollar we can find is being | 能找到的每个子儿 |
[34:10] | shipped over to plug the school system budget. | 都用去填补学校系统的预算了 |
[34:12] | Cedric thought he would try to reason with Carcetti, | Cedric觉得他可以试着说服Carcetti |
[34:15] | maybe see if we can keep the Stanfield detail, at least. | 看看是否至少能保住Stanfield的小组 |
[34:18] | What about Clay Davis? That’s going to grand jury soon. | Clay Davis呢? 这案子很快要交给大陪审团了 |
[34:20] | If they ship Freamon back to homicide, | 等等 如果他们把Freamon调回凶杀组 |
[34:22] | I don’t have him on that, either, | 他这事我也没辙了 |
[34:23] | and Lester pretty much is that case. | 而Lester就是那案子 |
[34:25] | Excuse me. Y’all know where the clerk’s office at? | 打扰 你们知道书记员办公室在哪儿吧 |
[34:28] | – Criminal or civil? – Criminal, definitely. | – 刑事还是民事 – 肯定是刑事啊 |
[34:31] | End of the hall, last door. | 大厅尽头 最后一扇门 |
[34:36] | – When are you meeting the mayor? – About an hour. | – 你们什么时候见市长 – 大概一小时后 |
[34:39] | They gave me a few minutes on the end of his day. | 他们在他下班前给我们几分钟时间 |
[34:42] | I’ll go with you. Come by my office and get me. | 我跟你们去 去的时候到办公室叫我一声 |
[34:49] | So, where you off to now? | 那你现在要去哪儿 |
[34:51] | Motions hearing in part 18. It’s the last thing on my sched. | 18室的动议聆讯会 日程表上的最后一项 |
[35:02] | And for state desk? | 本州新闻部呢 |
[35:03] | Additional cutbacks are said to be coming in the city M.T.A. Routes. | 城市公交路线传说要裁减 |
[35:07] | – Trial balloon from the governor. – Affects a lot of people, no? | – 州长的试探性行为 – 影响了很多人呢 对吧 |
[35:10] | If it happens. They floated this once before. | 要真实施才是啊 之前就流产过一次 |
[35:12] | Still, we can go outside and give them the potential impact. | 我们还是可以出去采访 让他们知道潜在的影响 |
[35:16] | Well, the truth is, we’re following the Daily Record on this one. | 事实上 我们报道这个 是跟了Daily Record的风 |
[35:22] | Why don’t we have that? If it’s a trial balloon… | 我们怎么没收到风声呢 如果这是放风试探… |
[35:24] | We’ve been without a transport reporter | 上次遣散之后 |
[35:25] | since the last round of buyouts, so… | 咱就没有跑交通的记者了 所以… |
[35:27] | – We should still pick that up. – Probably so, but… | – 咱还是得收到风的啊 – 也许吧 但是… |
[35:30] | Just because Chicago tightens its belt, | 芝加哥那边勒紧了裤腰带 |
[35:32] | it’s no reason for us to fall down. | 不等于我们也得跟着倒霉啊 |
[35:34] | Their cutbacks there shouldn’t affect our ability | 他们那边的紧缩不该影响我们… |
[35:35] | to put out an excellent product. | 办出色报纸的能力 |
[35:38] | Simply have to do more with less. | 只不过要用更小的成本做更好的报纸罢了 |
[35:39] | We have more resources than the Daily Record. | 我们的资源比Daily Record多 |
[35:42] | Though not a transport reporter. | 虽然没有交通记者 |
[35:47] | Your eminence, slumming at the Metro meeting today? | 阁下是去采访今天的地铁会议了? |
[35:50] | – What do you know? – City desk. | – 你知道啥啊 – 本市新闻部 |
[35:53] | State’s attorney complains about | 州检官抱怨说 |
[35:54] | the decline in quality police casework, | 警察福利质量下降 |
[35:56] | 20 inches from Warmcastle. Got the city council tonight. | Warmcastle负责20英寸版面的报道 今晚收到市议会消息 |
[35:59] | Won’t get a vote on the homeless initiative, | 不会对无家可归者提案进行表决 |
[36:01] | but we’ll scratch some news out somehow. | 但我们会弄到相关新闻的 |
[36:03] | Two-car fatal on the Beltway, two overnight murders in the city, | Beltway有两起车祸死亡 市里昨晚发生两起命案 |
[36:07] | and a fire ongoing in a Baltimore City row house | 巴尔的摩联排住宅区正发生火灾 |
[36:11] | for which we may or may not have art. | 这新闻我们拍不拍到照片还说不准 |
[36:13] | Regional affairs. | 地区事件部 |
[36:14] | We have the Hopkins piece on biomed, | 我们有霍普金斯大学有关种族研究的报道 |
[36:16] | though I’m told we didn’t get art on today’s press conference. | 虽然他们说没有拍到新闻发布会的照片 |
[36:19] | And 15 inches from the college park stringer | 大学特约通讯员 提供15英寸版面报道 |
[36:22] | on UM not making it’s deseg goals again. | 有关马里兰大学废除种族隔离的 目标还没有实现 |
[36:24] | I’m told that, numbers aside, | 我听说 撇开数据 |
[36:27] | the campus has become much more hospitable to minorities. | 校园里对少数人种敌意更浓了 |
[36:30] | I’m told things have changed for the better. | 我听说情况是好转了 |
[36:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:33] | As you may know, Gene Robbins is dean of journalism there. | 你们都知道Gene Robbins 那里的新闻系主任 |
[36:37] | I had lunch with him the other day… | 前几天我跟他一起吃午饭 |
[36:38] | – Nevertheless, they haven’t… – and he was saying | – 但是他们还没有… – 他说 |
[36:40] | how the last few years have really transformed the school’s reputation | 过去几年学校在对黑人员工和学生方面 |
[36:45] | with black faculty and students. | 名声大有改观 |
[36:48] | – He’s a white guy, right? – Who? | – 他是白人 对吧 – 谁 |
[36:50] | Journalism fellow. Dean Wormer, Dean Martin – whatever his name is. | 新闻系那家伙啊 Wormer主任 Martin主任 管他叫什么 |
[36:53] | I worked with Gene Robbins in Philadelphia. | 我在费城曾跟Gene Robbins共事 |
[36:57] | He is an excellent journalist and a reliable source. | 他是个优秀的记者 说话也是靠谱的 |
[37:00] | I think race is beside the point. | 我觉得讲种族的离题了 |
[37:04] | So why don’t we hold on the deseg story | 咱们何不坚持废除种族隔离不成功的报道 |
[37:06] | until we can assign someone to do some more reporting, | 直到咱能派出更多人去采访为止呢 |
[37:09] | get a real sense of how UM is perceived by minorities? | 真正弄清少数人种如何看待马里兰大学 |
[37:14] | All right, then. Let’s firm things up, | 好吧 再充实内容 |
[37:16] | Take a look at where we stand an hour from now. | 一小时后再看看情况 |
[37:21] | Why poke him with a stick? You know who Gene Robbins is. | 干嘛去惹他 你知道Gene Robbins是谁 |
[37:25] | Who’s poking? | 谁惹他了 |
[37:26] | If I think something about a story, I’m gonna speak on it. | 如果我有报道的想法 我就会说出来 |
[37:29] | You know what a healthy newsroom is? | 你知道健康的编辑部是什么样的吗 |
[37:31] | It’s a magical place where people argue about everything all the time. | 那是个神奇的地方 人们总在争论一切 |
[37:35] | – I’m not poking anyone here. – “Dean Martin”? | – 我没有招谁惹谁 – “Martin主任”? |
[37:37] | Yeah, a little poke. | 好吧 惹了一点 |
[37:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:47] | I know that wasn’t no court date. | 我知道今天不用出庭 |
[38:49] | You already got the gun charge postponed twice. | 枪支案的庭审已经推迟两次了 |
[38:52] | So what the fuck was that about? | 到底怎么回事 |
[38:54] | Remember that Russian we locked up for murder, | 记得咱因为谋杀被关押的俄罗斯人吗 |
[38:56] | part of the port case years back? | 几年前港口案子的其中一名 |
[38:58] | I didn’t work that case with you, man. | 那案子我没跟你一起办 |
[39:00] | So, no, I don’t remember. | 所以 不记得了 |
[39:02] | Well, Chris Partlow does. | Chris Partlow记得 |
[39:28] | Miss Gutierrez. | Gutierrez小姐 |
[39:32] | Gutierrez Gutierrez! | |
[39:34] | Get your ass over here. | 过来 |
[39:37] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[39:39] | You say that 120 people were evacuated. | 你说清空了120人 |
[39:41] | Yeah. They were. | 是的 |
[39:43] | You can’t evacuate people. | 人不能说”清空” |
[39:44] | I mean, you can, if you want, | 你想这么说也行 |
[39:45] | but that’s not what you want to say here. | 但你在这里不是这个意思 |
[39:47] | A building can be evacuated. | 可以清空一幢大楼 |
[39:50] | To evacuate a person is to give that person an enema. | 清空一个人就是给他灌肠 |
[39:53] | The details, Miss Gutierrez. | 注意细节 Gutierrez小姐 |
[39:56] | At the Baltimore Sun, God still resides in the details. | 在巴尔的摩太阳报 我们还是对细节奉若神明的 |
[40:00] | You teach them, Spry. | 你给他们上了一课 Spry |
[40:02] | What are we gonna do with these children today? | 现在该把这些小孩怎么办啊 |
[40:09] | Fuckety-fuck. | 他妈的该死 |
[40:12] | Another burnt doll. | 又一个烧焦的娃娃 |
[40:14] | Carlyle again. | 又是Carlyle |
[40:20] | -Photo. -I’m looking at the fire art from East Baltimore | – 摄影部 – 我要找巴尔的摩东区火灾的照片 |
[40:23] | and I got a burnt Barbie in foreground. | 然后我拿到一张前景是烧焦的芭比的照片 |
[40:25] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | – 怎么 – 怎么 |
[40:26] | And I might actually believe you if it wasn’t Carlyle who took the shot. | 如果拍照的不是Carlyle 我也许还相信你 |
[40:30] | No fuckin’ way I believe in this picture. Print me something else. | 我根本不信这照片是拍来的 给我拍点别的 |
[40:35] | Every fire photo he brings in | 他拍来的每张火灾照片 |
[40:36] | there’s got to be some burnt doll somewhere in the debris. | 肯定在废墟里就有个烧焦的娃娃 |
[40:39] | I can see that cheating motherfucker now with his fucking harem of dolls | 我知道那不老实的混蛋 带着一堆该死的娃娃 |
[40:42] | pouring lighter fluid on each one. | 然后在那儿就点着一个 |
[40:45] | You check his fucking trunk, you’ll find a whole collection. | 你去查查他车上 肯定能找到一整套娃娃 |
[40:48] | What’s your lead? | 你有什么消息 |
[40:49] | Council delays vote on the homeless initiative at Carcetti’s behest. | 在Carcetti的要求下 议会推迟对无家可归者提案进行表决 |
[40:53] | He doesn’t want it to look like the city’s running the homeless out of downtown, | 他不希望市政府看起来 像要把无家可归者赶出市中心 |
[40:56] | so he asked Nerese to redraft the measure. | 所以他要求Nerese重新拟定措施 |
[41:01] | He’s right. You don’t evacuate people. | 他说得对 是不能把人清空 |
[41:05] | – What? – Never mind. | – 什么 – 没什么 |
[41:10] | – Working on anything good? – Just what day cops missed. | – 弄到什么好新闻吗 – 日间警察没留意的事情 |
[41:12] | A fatal in Charles County and a gas leak downtown. | Charles郡有一起死亡事件 市中心有一起煤气泄漏 |
[41:15] | Briefs, huh? | 简讯吧 |
[41:17] | Quiet day so far. | 目前为止 安静的一天 |
[41:18] | – It’s a shit news town. – You think? | – 这是个负面新闻之城 – 你觉得是吗 |
[41:21] | How many stories go national out of here? Not many. | 这里有多少新闻上了全国新闻? 没多少 |
[41:24] | Those bodies in the houses last year. That got a lot of play. | 去年那些房子里的弃尸 就大赚眼球 |
[41:28] | And they didn’t even solve it, right? | 他们案子都没破 对吧 |
[41:30] | The story had no legs at all. | 这报道根本就没后续 |
[41:31] | Since then, what else? | 从那之后 还有啥? |
[41:34] | Jeff Jeffy-Jeff Jeff. Jeffy-Jeff. | |
[41:37] | What? | 干嘛 |
[41:39] | Come here. Jesus Christ. | 过来 老天 |
[41:41] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[41:42] | Did you stay for the zoning bills? | 你听完规划提案会了吗 |
[41:44] | – No, I came back here to write. – Check the fucking library. | – 没 我赶回来写报道了 – 去资料库查查 |
[41:48] | Shit, check the clips too. It goes back a-ways. | 该死 也查查剪报 这事大有渊源 |
[41:51] | No no no. Check that. You go back to the hall, you get the vote on this thing. | 不不不 看看 你回市政厅去 拿到关于此事的投票结果 |
[41:54] | Find out who sponsored this. | 看看是谁发起的 |
[41:56] | Find out whether Carcetti or Nerese or whoever’s behind it. | 查出是Carcetti还是Nerese 或是其他背后主使 |
[41:58] | You buttonhole them, find out what the hell’s going on. | 强迫他们开口 查查这里头什么鬼 |
[42:01] | Why? Who’s Ricardo Hendrix? | 为什么 谁是Ricardo Hendrix? |
[42:03] | A drug dealer. Fatface Rick. | 毒贩 外号大脸Rick |
[42:05] | Alma, Scott, this property on Baltimore Street is a titty bar | Alma Scott 巴尔的摩街的这出房产 是一家脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[42:09] | the city wants for the Howard Street enterprise zone, | 市政需要Howard街的企业区 |
[42:12] | but this other property they want to trade with him, | 但他们要跟他交换的地产… |
[42:14] | I want to find out what that’s all about. | 我想查出是怎么回事 |
[42:16] | This is a drug dealer they’re trading properties with? | 他们要跟毒贩交换地产? |
[42:18] | He’s got a record as long as your arm. Couple of convictions too. | 对 他的前科多得很 还有几起是定罪了的 |
[42:21] | Go, go. Get some good quotes. | 快去 弄些好的访谈回来 |
[42:23] | Alma… I want you to go to this address. | Alma 我要你到这个地址去 |
[42:27] | It’s a strip club called Desperado. | 是一家叫Desperado的脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[42:30] | You ask around for the owner. His name’s Ricardo Hendrix. | 你周围问问 找经营者 他的名字叫Ricardo Hendrix |
[42:34] | You tell them until we get a comment, we’ll put Ricky on the front page every day. | 你告诉他们 在没得到回应之前 我们要天天把Ricky放头版 |
[42:38] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[42:39] | He’s a drug dealer. | 是个毒贩 |
[42:41] | But from the look of this, he’s running some sort of game at city hall. | 但这事从表面看 他是在市政厅搞什么鬼了 |
[42:45] | We want a comment as to why he’s trading property with the city, | 我们要他说说为何要跟市政府交换房产 |
[42:48] | – what he stands to make off the deal. – OK. | – 他想从中获什么利 – 好 |
[42:52] | What do you want from me? | 你要我干什么 |
[42:55] | Pull clips, check the morgue files, | 查资料 看看停尸间的卷宗 |
[42:58] | write the A-matter on Ricardo’s history. | 查Ricardo过往的底细 |
[43:00] | Wait, she goes to strip clubs and I’m pulling clips in the morgue? | 等等 她去脱衣舞俱乐部 而我却要到停尸间去查资料? |
[43:04] | – You late for the council meeting? – Looking for you. | – 议会的会议你要迟到了吧 – 要来找你 |
[43:07] | Me? I’m racing. Late for some charity thing at the Walters’. | 我? 我一直在跑呢 Walters的慈善活动要迟到了 |
[43:09] | Mr. Mayor, I was told I could get a few minutes tonight. | 市长先生 我听说今晚可以给我几分钟 |
[43:12] | – You’re on my schedule? – Everything ran late today. | – 今天有预约时间给你吗 – 今天什么事都迟到 |
[43:14] | – They were supposed to ring you, I think. – What, do it quick or do we resched? | – 他们应该打电话给你的 我想 – 怎么 是快点说完 还是另约时间 |
[43:18] | Burrell’s disbanded the unit that’s working the bodies in the houses. | Burrell要解散办空屋弃尸案的小组 |
[43:21] | When we’re fat with money, you can come back on it. | 等我们宽裕了 你们就可以回来办案 |
[43:23] | Investigations are not like that. | 调查不是这么回事的 |
[43:25] | You can’t just drop one and then pick it up down the road without… | 不能中断一个案子 然后就能随便重启 而不用… |
[43:28] | Colonel, we got no money. No fucking money at all. | 副总警监 我们没钱 屁钱都没有 |
[43:31] | There’s nothing we can do until the new fiscal. | 在新的财政拨款到位前 我们一点办法没有 |
[43:32] | But, Tommy, that kills Clay Davis for me and we’re about to go to grand jury on it. | 但是 Tommy 那我的Clay Davis案也没辙了 我们就要提交大陪审团了 |
[43:37] | Same unit is doing Clay? | 调查的Clay的是同一个小组? |
[43:39] | I need some profile for my shop. | 我这边也需要一点猛料的 |
[43:42] | How much of that unit do you need to bring the case in? | 搞掂这个案子你需要小组的几个人 |
[43:45] | A couple of detectives. | 几名警探就好 |
[43:48] | I’ll tell Rawls you can keep two men for Clay. | 我会告诉Rawls 你可以留下两名警探办Clay案 |
[43:50] | The rest is shut down until we can dig out. | 其他就暂停了 直到有经费富裕 |
[43:55] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[44:00] | So one thieving politician trumps 22 dead bodies. | 一个贪污的政客比22具尸体还重要 |
[44:07] | Good to know. | 知道了 |
[44:12] | To save money, they’re not even putting ops cars in the street. | 为了省钱 连警车都不上路 |
[44:15] | No more two-man patrols. | 取消两人一组的巡逻 |
[44:16] | Jesus, where did the money go? | 老天 钱都上哪儿去了 |
[44:18] | Schools. | 学校 |
[44:19] | Carcetti didn’t want to lay off teachers, so he fucks us instead. | Carcetti不想解雇老师 所以就拿我们开刀 |
[44:22] | Seems like you got out at the right time, huh? | 你似乎退出的是时候 对吧 |
[44:25] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[44:27] | Here’s our boy Thomas sporting the latest in downtown businesswear, | 咱的Thomas小子展示最新城中心商务装 |
[44:31] | An understated ensemble that puts the “b” in subtle. | 低调地显摆一下 |
[44:35] | There’s a “b” in subtle? | 显摆还有低调的? |
[44:38] | Seriously, you look well, Herc. | 说真的 你看着不错 Herc |
[44:41] | I’m doing good, man. | 我生意很好 |
[44:42] | I got more work than I can get to. | 事情都干不完 |
[44:44] | It’s like once word got around, | 就像消息一传出去 |
[44:45] | these fucking lawyers came out of the fucking woodwork. | 那些律师全找上门来了 |
[44:48] | Which reminds me, I need one of you guys to run a name for me. | 这倒让我想起来了 有个名字要你们帮着查查 |
[44:52] | Tags, registration, and phone. While you’re at it, run a sheeting photo. | 车牌号 车证号 电话号码 查的时候顺便拍拍照片 |
[44:58] | ‘Cause I’m buying the next round, right? | 下一轮酒我来付 好吧 |
[45:00] | About fucking time! | 正是时候 |
[45:05] | Not used to having money, you kind of forget. | 不习惯有钱呢 都忘了钱的样了 |
[45:08] | Let’s get a round. | 咱再喝一轮 |
[45:13] | How does it read? | 稿子怎么样 |
[45:15] | It’s clean and it bites. | 诚实尖锐 |
[45:17] | – Deserves a front, off-lead, maybe. – And we’re saying what? | – 可以上头版 也许是第二条 – 我们怎么写 |
[45:20] | That it’s a sweetheart deal for a titty bar owner with a big criminal history. | 有重罪前科的脱衣舞俱乐部老板的 便宜买卖啊 |
[45:24] | He sells his existing location to the city for 1.2 million | 他把现有的产业以120万卖给市政府 |
[45:28] | and they sell him a better piece of real estate | 然后他们卖给他更好的产业 |
[45:30] | to relocate his club five blocks west for 200,000. | 20万的价格 在五个街区外重建俱乐部 |
[45:33] | – He clears a million for laying in the cut. – What’s the quid pro quo? | – 他就白挣了100万 – 拿什么补偿? |
[45:37] | We’re going through donors in Nerese’s campaign committee, as we speak. | 我们在查Nerese竞选委员会的捐赠人 |
[45:40] | So far, we got 40,000 from Ricardo Hendrix | 目前Ricardo Hendrix捐了4万 |
[45:43] | and a bunch of people all using the same address as the bar. | 还有一群人 登记的地址都是这个俱乐部 |
[45:46] | Why wasn’t this on your budget? | 这个怎么不在你的事先安排里? |
[45:47] | Well, we found it… Actually, Jeff Price found it | 呃 我们发现… 其实是Jeff Price发现 |
[45:51] | hidden in the zoning bills, bottom of the council agenda. | 这个藏在规划提案中 在议会议程的最后 |
[45:55] | He caught it late, but he caught it. | 发现得迟了 但还是发现了 |
[45:57] | All right, front page, below the fold. | 好吧 头版 中线下面 |
[45:59] | Yeah. | 好 |
[46:01] | Metro desk, Phelps. | 大都市部 Phelps |
[46:04] | Gus, Price for you, line two, and he’s got Nerese with him. | Gus Price找你 二号线 他找到了Nerese |
[46:09] | Aw, shit, here it comes. | 啊 好 来了 |
[46:13] | – Gus? It’s Jeff. – Year | – Gus? 我是Jeff – 嗯 |
[46:15] | The council president would like a word with you. | 议会主席想跟你说话 |
[46:17] | – On the record? – No. She’s given me her quote. | – 公开的吗 – 不 她对我发表了看法 |
[46:20] | – She wants to talk to you off the record. – Put her on. | – 她想跟你私下谈谈 – 接过来吧 |
[46:27] | This is all perfectly above board. | 这一切都是光明正大的 |
[46:30] | No doubt, Madam President. | 毫无疑问 主席女士 |
[46:31] | We need this property for redevelopment | 我们需要这地产用于重新发展 |
[46:33] | and it’s in the city’s interest to allow Mr. Hendrix to relocate. | 允许Hendrix先生易地重建 都是为了城市着想 |
[46:37] | Is it in the city’s interest to give him a property with twice as much floor space | 给他两倍面积的地产 再给他100万解决问题 |
[46:41] | and give him a million dollars for his trouble? | 符合市政利益吗 |
[46:46] | Well, do you think you made it clear to the council | 你觉得你向议会说清楚了 |
[46:48] | that Mr. Hendrix donated $60,000 to your campaign committee? | Hendrix先生向你的竞选委员会捐了6万了吗 |
[46:56] | I don’t know, ma’am, | 我不知道 女士 |
[46:57] | where I live, 60,000 buys a lot of goodwill. | 在我这里 6万可以买一堆善意呢 |
[47:04] | Hey, Jeff, is that you? | 嗨 Jeff 是你吗 |
[47:06] | I’m putting you on hold for Spry. | 我把你接给Spry |
[47:08] | Yeah, give me your on the record for Nerese. | 对 把Nerese对你说的记录下来 |
[47:10] | – Ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了吗 – 嗯 |
[47:12] | Shame we couldn’t use what she just gave us. | 可惜她刚才说的不能登报 |
[47:14] | What do you got? | 什么发现 |
[47:16] | Keep running through that campaign finance shit. | 继续查竞选基金的事 |
[47:19] | There’s at least $20,000 in contributions we haven’t found yet. | 捐款里至少两万来历不明 |
[47:24] | Nerese all but confirmed it. | Nerese基本上就算确认了 |
[47:35] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[48:05] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[48:08] | Yeah, we’re going late tonight. | 嗯 我们今晚会很晚 |
[48:11] | Fine. | 行 |
[48:13] | No, I’m not. | 不 没有 |
[48:15] | I’m just tired, is all. | 就是累了 没啥 |
[48:18] | I slur when I’m tired. | 我累了说话就含糊 |
[48:21] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[48:24] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[48:27] | Night. | 晚安 |
[48:40] | Blue tops, all the rocks. | 蓝盖 各种可卡因 |
[48:45] | Blue tops. Blue tops. | 蓝盖 蓝盖 |
[48:57] | Blue tops. | 蓝盖 |
[49:02] | Blue tops, get ’em while they hot. Come and get your blue tops. | 蓝盖 趁热买啊 来买蓝盖 |
[49:20] | Bubs, yo. | Bubs 唷 |
[49:25] | Hauk? Hauk? | |
[49:39] | It was a great pull at deadline. | 真是最后冒头的好消息 |
[49:42] | Hey, any night a Baltimore politician calls you a son of a bitch is a good night. | 嗨 巴尔的摩政客管你叫混蛋 这样的夜晚都是美好的 |
[49:46] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[49:48] | Hey, that was a good pull by Alma, | 嗨 Alma干得好 |
[49:49] | getting that quote from Fatface Rick for the home final. | 最后拿到了大脸Rick的话 |
[49:53] | “Hey, I’m a businessman. City wants to help me out, I ain’t gonna argue.” Sweet. | “嗨 我是商人 市里想要帮我 我是不会拒绝的” 很好 |
[49:57] | – Thank you. – How’d you get him to talk to you? | – 谢谢 – 你怎么让他开口的 |
[49:59] | I just walked in, sat down, | 我进去 然后坐下 |
[50:02] | watched the dancers for a few minutes, and he came over to me. | 看了几分钟舞女 他就来搭讪了 |
[50:06] | Thought I was looking for a job. | 以为我要找工作 |
[50:12] | You deserve more than a contributing line for that. | 你这么干 不该只在鸣谢栏出现 |
[50:15] | I don’t know, a contrib line is cool. | 不知道 鸣谢栏也挺好的 |
[50:19] | You can’t go far on contrib lines. | 在鸣谢栏中 没多大前途 |
[50:22] | Where do you want to go? | 你要去哪儿 |
[50:25] | Times or Post. Where else? | 时报或是邮报 还能是哪儿呢 |
[50:27] | I don’t know. This is still a pretty good paper. | 不知道 这报纸还是挺好的 |
[52:08] | I brought it to the mayor personally, | 我自己找了市长 |
[52:11] | but they’re throwing their last dollars into patrol and crime suppression. | 但他们的最后经费 都给了巡警和预防犯罪了 |
[52:15] | You think being on Marlo and his people every damn day for a year | 你觉得一年来天天跟着Marlo和他的人 |
[52:18] | isn’t crime suppression? | 就不是预防犯罪吗 |
[52:19] | We lowered the body count just by sitting on these people. | 压着这些人 就已经降低命案率了 |
[52:22] | – They know they’re hot, huh? – After a year? | – 他们知道他们被调查吧 – 还用说 都一年了 |
[52:29] | Look. Promises were made to me, as well. | 听着 我是得到了保证的 |
[52:32] | I was told a new day was coming. | 他们告诉我 会有新的局面 |
[52:35] | Clearly, this isn’t it. | 显然这不是新局面 |
[52:41] | Where are we going, then? | 我们要去哪儿呢 |
[52:43] | You and McNulty are back to the Homicide rotation. | 你跟McNulty回凶案组 |
[52:47] | Dozerman is temporarily assigned to tactical. | Dozerman暂时派去战术组 |
[52:50] | Lieutenant, you’re going to fill a vacancy in the Northern, four to 12 shift. | 警督 你要去北边填补一个空缺 四到十二天轮一次岗 |
[52:55] | Freamon, Sydnor, you two are assigned to the state’s attorney’s office | Freamon Sydnor 你们俩去州检办公室 |
[52:59] | to help grand-jury the Clay Davis thing. | 协助完成Clay Davis提交大陪审团的事 |
[53:10] | When the money starts to flow, | 等钱多了 |
[53:12] | I’ll get you all back on this somehow. | 我就把你们都弄回来 |
[53:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[53:23] | Wonder what it feels like to work in a real fucking police department. | 真想知道在一个真正的警局工作的滋味 |
[53:37] | 50 cent. | 50美分 |
[53:46] | 50 cent. | 50美分 |
[53:52] | Obliged. | 谢谢 |
[54:06] | When did this break last night? | 昨晚这是几点来的? |
[54:08] | Gus saw it on the council agenda around 9:30. | Gus大概九点半在议会计划中看到了 |
[54:13] | It’s a good fucking story. | 真是好报道 |
[54:32] | – Hey – Hey | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[54:34] | Who’s doing the react piece? | 相关回应报道谁负责 |
[54:36] | Jeff will, why? | Jeff 怎么了 |
[54:38] | I’m just… | 我就是… |
[54:40] | I need a story. I’m up. | 我需要一个报道 我准备好了 |
[54:43] | Yeah. Stay hungry like that. | 好啊 保持这种劲头 |
[54:47] | Good things come when they come. | 好新闻自然会有的 |
[55:03] | It’s two o’clock, people. | 两点了 各位 |
[55:05] | I need budget lines. | 我需要新闻概要 |
[55:07] | There are a million stories in the naked city, | 这个城市里有上百万个故事 |
[55:10] | but today you poor mooks only need to throw me three or four. | 但今天你们这些可怜的家伙 只需给我三四个就够了 |
[55:33] | The Orioles will not pay for pitcher. I should have never left the Bronx. | 金莺队不买投手 我就不该离开Bronx (金莺队为巴尔的摩棒球队) |
[55:36] | – You see this? – What? | – 看到了? – 什么 |
[55:38] | One of our clients on the front page. | 咱们有个客户上头版了 |
[55:42] | Represent Tiger Woods? | 代表老虎伍兹? |
[55:48] | All it cost me was a round of beers. | 只花一两轮酒钱就弄到了 |
[55:51] | They fucking love me in the department. I’m a fucking martyr is what I am. | 警局的人都喜欢我 我就是他妈的烈士 |
[55:55] | Pull over some black minister, piss him off, | 拦了一个黑人部长的车 惹毛了他 |
[55:58] | and I lose my fucking job. | 我就丢了工作 |
[56:00] | One round? | 一轮酒? |
[56:02] | You, a prominent defense investigator, | 你是个出色的辩方调查员 |
[56:04] | let these other guys buy a round of drinks ever? | 试过让其他人买酒给你喝吗 |
[56:09] | Kid, it’s time you learned a little something about the expense account. | 小子 你是该了解报销的规矩了 |
[56:40] | That’s my desk. | 这是我的桌子 |
[56:43] | What the fuck you saying? | 你他妈的说啥呢 |
[57:17] | The prodigal son. | 浪子回头啊 |