时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Type quieter, asshole. | 轻点打字 混蛋 |
[00:42] | Early relief. So get the fuck out of here. | 提前收工 大家都撤 |
[00:45] | Jesus, Bunk. What time is it? | 老天 Bunk 几点了 |
[00:47] | 4:30. | 四点半 |
[00:49] | I couldn’t sleep, so get the fuck gone. | 我睡不着 还是收工算了 |
[00:53] | What time did McNulty leave last night? | McNulty昨晚几点走的 |
[00:55] | Never did. He’s in number one. | 没走 他在1号审讯室 |
[00:57] | Pulling his hair out over some shit. | 不晓得绞尽脑汁的捣鼓些啥 |
[01:10] | Think again about what the fuck you’re doing. | 你最好搞清楚自己在干嘛 |
[01:12] | Bunk, this can work. | Bunk 这么做可行 |
[01:15] | It can. | 肯定可行 |
[01:16] | Fuck you. I mean that. | 滚你妈的 没开玩笑 |
[01:19] | Jimmy, four in the fuckin’ morning? | Jimmy 这才早上四点 |
[01:22] | So it is. | 那又怎样 |
[01:27] | All of these? | 所有这些? |
[01:29] | Homeless murders from the last five years. | 都是过去五年发生的流浪汉谋杀案 |
[01:31] | Everything before that is on microfilm, but we got enough right here. | 旧事就算作古了 但这些案子足矣 |
[01:35] | – Jimmy. – Most of it open. | – Jimmy – 大部分都没结案 |
[01:36] | We don’t do so well with homeless killings. | 我们在流浪汉谋杀这块一直做得不咋地 |
[01:39] | Transient locales, no nearest, no dearest.No one gives a fuck. | 他们颠沛流离 没亲人没朋友 没人管他们死活 |
[01:43] | Cases stay open forever. | 都是些永远结不了的案子 |
[01:45] | You’re going to jail behind this shit. Yes, you are. | 你搞这些就等着坐牢 坐定了 |
[01:48] | You know what they do to police in jail? Pretty police like yourself? | 知道监狱里的警察是什么下场? 尤其是像你这种靓仔? |
[01:51] | Motherfucker, we have kids. | 你他妈的 我们还有孩子 |
[01:54] | Houses. Car payments. Furniture. | 还有房子 车贷 家具 |
[01:57] | Jimmy, I just bought brand-new lawn chairs and a glass patio table. | Jimmy 我才买了崭新草坪椅 和庭院玻璃茶几 |
[02:01] | Now, you don’t buy no shit like that if you planning to lose your job and go to prison. | 要是准备被炒鱿鱼和抓去坐牢 还买这些操蛋玩意儿作甚 |
[02:04] | You won’t even get past the ME. | 你连法医那关都蒙不过去 |
[02:06] | – Watch me. – You’re dumping murders on us | – 等着瞧 – 你把这些未了公案丢给我们 |
[02:07] | that we can’t solve, you’re fucking the squad’s clearance rate. | 破又破不了 破案率会下降得很难看 |
[02:10] | Fuck the fucking numbers already. | 去他的破案率 |
[02:13] | The fucking numbers destroyed this fucking department. | 该死的数字毁了这该死的警局 |
[02:16] | Landsman and his clearance rate can suck a hairy asshole. | Landsman和他的破案率都吃屎去吧 |
[02:18] | – Marlo ain’t worth it, man. Nobody is. – Marlo’s an asshole. | – Marlo不值得你这么做 哥们 不值 – Marlo是个人渣 |
[02:22] | He does not get to win. We get to win. | 不能让他就这么赢 赢的该是我们 |
[02:24] | This case doesn’t go away just because the bosses can’t find the money to pay for it. | 上头不拨款案件又不会凭空消失 |
[02:28] | These are fucking murders – | 这些可都是谋杀啊- |
[02:30] | ghetto murders, but still, | 贫民区谋杀 但还是一样 |
[02:33] | I came back out of the Western to work this case | 我从西区调回来就是为了这件案子 |
[02:34] | because they said it would be worked. | 因为他们信誓旦旦说此案必结 |
[02:36] | I came back out on a promise, and they’re gonna keep that promise. | 我为了这句承诺才回来 休想给我开空头支票 |
[02:40] | Whether they know it or not. | 不管是明着来还是瞒着来 |
[02:42] | I’m gonna tell Landsman. | 我会告诉Landsman |
[02:44] | Yeah. You keep on with it, I’m gonna rat you out. | 你这样执迷不悟 我不能帮你隐瞒 |
[02:49] | Well, you do what you got to do. | 随你便 |
[02:54] | My name is nowhere in the file. | 我的名字绝对不能出现在文件里 |
[02:57] | I don’t want fuck to do with this. | 我不想跟这件事扯上任何关系 |
[03:04] | Hey, Bunk. | 喂 Bunk |
[05:09] | – What are you doing? – Final is out. | – 你干嘛去 – 报纸出了 |
[05:11] | I want to see my story. | 我要看我的报道 |
[05:13] | – Now? – It’s my first time out front. | – 现在 – 这是我第一次实地报道 |
[05:15] | – I want to see it. – This is why we should get home delivery. | – 我想看成果 – 这就是为什么我们该订报送上门 |
[05:18] | Why pay for it when I get it for free at the office? | 能从办公室拿免费的干嘛还要付钱 |
[05:23] | Be back. | 去去就回 |
[05:33] | Brother Ray. | Ray老兄 |
[05:36] | God rest ye. | 愿你安息 |
[06:25] | When does the Sun get here? | 太阳报什么时候到货 |
[06:28] | Around now usually. | 平常差不多就这时候 |
[08:08] | Anybody got a working car? | 谁有可出动的警车 |
[08:10] | I got one, but I’m going back out to my crime scene for a canvass. | 我有 但我要开回案发现场彻查 |
[08:14] | Drop me at the ME? | 捎我去法医那里 |
[08:16] | Jimmy Jimmy. | |
[08:18] | My office, now. | 来我办公室 现在 |
[08:23] | I’ll get a lift over from one of the central cars. | 我搭总部的车就行 |
[08:31] | This is way past any shit you ever pulled in your life, Jimmy. Think on it. | 这比你以前做的操蛋事还出格得多 Jimmy 好好想清楚 |
[08:34] | You see Greggs out there, bagging evidence alone, | 你也看见Greggs是怎样独自艰难取证 |
[08:37] | then going back out to recanvass on a triple? | 还要去三尸案现场重新搜查 |
[08:39] | A triple fucking murder, | 他妈的三重谋杀 |
[08:41] | a home invasion, and she’s working it alone. | 入室行凶 还只有她一人调查 |
[08:44] | They pulled Crutchfield this morning, put him back in the rotation. | 上头把Crutchfield调出来了 让他回去轮班 |
[08:47] | – That’s on them, but you can’t… – Fucking right, that’s on them. | – 那错在他们 但你不能… – 当然错在他们 |
[08:50] | A triple murder, and 12 hours later they leave one detective alone on it? | 三重谋杀案 12小时之后他们竟只留一位警探调查 |
[08:55] | I guess she’s lucky she has a car. | 她有辆车还算她走运 |
[08:57] | – This shit won’t work. – Then we’re no worse than before. | – 这么做绝对不是办法 – 再差也不会比以前糟到哪儿去 |
[09:00] | – Extra red name or two on the board. – Yeah, unless you got caught. | – 不过在板上多出一两个未结案的名字罢了 – 除非你被人抓住 |
[09:03] | Who in this fucking unit is gonna catch me? | 组里谁会抓得住我 |
[09:05] | Most of the guys up here couldn’t catch the clap in a Mexican whorehouse. | 这里大部分人上墨西哥妓院 连个淋病都染不上 |
[09:09] | What’s with the red ribbon? | 红丝带是怎么回事 |
[09:12] | Barlow had an open strangle a few years back. | Barlow几年前有起没结的勒杀案 |
[09:16] | Homeless guy with a red ribbon tied around his wrist. | 被勒死的流浪汉手上系着红丝带 |
[09:19] | So that’s two. | 这么一来就有两起 |
[09:20] | Also, I found an open homeless case which Ray Cole worked. | 还有 我从Ray Cole的旧案里 翻出一起流浪汉案件 |
[09:25] | I wrote a ribbon into his office reports. | 我把红丝带写进他的案报里 |
[09:28] | – So there’s three. – Our guy didn’t have a red ribbon. | – 这样就有三起 – 我们手头那个尸体可没有红丝带 |
[09:34] | – That’s where I’m headed. – Jesus. Listen to yourself. | – 我这就去 – 老天 听你自己在说什么 |
[09:38] | Upstairs wouldn’t jump on a real serial killer – | 当官的根本不管真正的连环杀人犯 |
[09:41] | fuckin’ Marlo, who’s got bodies all over him. | Marlo这混蛋 杀人如麻 |
[09:44] | Well, maybe they need the make-believe. | 也许上头需要这些假象才会重视 |
[09:45] | Yeah, maybe you’re the asshole just lost his fucking mind. | 我看你才是精神错乱的混蛋 |
[10:04] | – Yeah, I’m locked in the box. – In the box? | – 我被锁在审讯室里了 – 审讯室? |
[10:07] | – It’s no joke. Let me out. – Be right there. | – 这不好笑 让我出去 – 马上来 |
[10:11] | Jimmy Jimmy. | |
[10:17] | He fuck you? | 他搞你了? |
[10:20] | He tried… | 他想来着 |
[10:23] | but mostly he just fucks himself. | 但总的来说他是想搞死自己 |
[10:29] | You ain’t seen those yet, huh? | 你还没看过这些 对吧 |
[10:31] | I’ll bet you didn’t. | 你肯定没有 |
[10:33] | Fucking Burrell’s asshole must be so tight | Burrell这家伙还真倔 |
[10:36] | you couldn’t pull a pin from it with a John Deere tractor. | 简直用约翰迪尔拖拉机都拉不回来 |
[10:41] | Here you’re promising a double-digit drop, | 这边你承诺要把犯罪率降低两位数 |
[10:44] | and he gives you a 4% bump for two quarters in a row. | 他竟然连续两季给你增加4% |
[10:50] | – Thanks for bringing these by, Stan. – I wanted to give you a heads-up. | – 谢谢你告诉我这个 – 我好心给你提个醒 |
[10:54] | Truth is, looking at numbers like those, | 事实上 看到这样惨不忍睹的数据 |
[10:57] | I’m thinking you could do a lot worse | 我觉得你还不如 |
[11:00] | than give me a run as acting commissioner. | 让我当代理局长试试 |
[11:04] | I know you couldn’t make me permanent, | 我知道你不能让我一直当下去 |
[11:06] | maybe six months while you keep grooming your boy Daniels. | 也许让我作六个月 在此期间栽培你的Daniels |
[11:12] | I’d get a pension bump, | 我能拿到更多退休金 |
[11:14] | and you’d get a head start on clearing out deadwood, | 你终于可以开始清理门户 |
[11:18] | beginning with Burrell and Rawls. | 就从Burrell和Rawls开始 |
[11:22] | Thanks, Stan. | 谢了 Stan |
[11:24] | – Let me think on it. – You do that, Tommy. | – 让我考虑下 – 你好好想清楚 Tommy |
[11:35] | Even on an acting basis, can you imagine | 就算只是在表演课上 |
[11:38] | Nerese and the ministers dealing with Commissioner Valchek? | 你能想象Nerese及幕僚们 怎么对付得了Valchek局长吗 |
[11:43] | What are you gonna do about the numbers? | 你准备怎么处理犯罪率的问题 |
[11:45] | Fuck can I do? | 我还能怎么做 |
[11:46] | I cut the department budget to the bone, right? | 是我把警局预算削减到最低 |
[11:48] | Can’t very well complain when the crime rate bumps. | 犯罪率上去了也无可厚非 |
[11:51] | Burrell comes in here and owns these, | Burrell如果来这儿 交出这种数据 |
[11:54] | I got to give him a pass, at least until I can fix his money problems. | 我也只能放他一马 至少也要先解决他们的资金问题 |
[12:02] | Your piece took a bad bite there. | 你的报道不走运呐 |
[12:04] | 35 inches down to 12? | 版面从35寸缩水到12寸 |
[12:06] | Yeah, well, it’s my fault for giving it up to the A-section. | 这个嘛 没把它放到头版是我不对 |
[12:09] | Page-one editor made noises like it was gonna go out front | 头版编辑抱怨说会显得太突兀 |
[12:16] | Night editor didn’t have room to take it back, so… | 夜班编辑又没排出版面放这篇新闻 所以… |
[12:19] | Story deserved better. Sorry. | 这报道值得更大版面的 对不起 |
[12:22] | Three people murdered in a house, | 三人在室内被谋杀 |
[12:24] | and it gets 12 inches below the fold. | 就只有报纸下端区区12寸的篇幅 |
[12:28] | Explain that to me. | 给我解释一下 |
[12:29] | There’s no explaining it. | 没什么好解释的 |
[12:30] | Advertising’s down, we got a smaller news hole, | 广告收入少了 新闻版面更加受限 |
[12:33] | we’re not managing it well. | 我们没处理好 |
[12:35] | We messed up. | 我们搞砸了 |
[12:37] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[12:44] | Wrong zip code. | 邮编不对 |
[12:46] | They’re dead where it doesn’t count. | 他们没死在对的地方 |
[12:48] | If they were white and murdered in Timonium, | 如果死的是白人 而且是在Timonium被杀 |
[12:51] | you’d have had 30 inches off the front. | 你30寸的头条就拿定了 |
[12:52] | Would have been my first front-pager where I didn’t share a byline. | 本该是我第一次单独署名的头版头条 |
[12:56] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[12:58] | I drove down to the Port Covington plant this morning to get a copy. | 我为了第一时间拿到这份报纸 一路开到Covington港口的印刷厂 |
[13:02] | You ain’t the first to do that. | 你不是第一个这么做的 |
[13:07] | Our 10-7 on the floor yet? | 那具现场的尸体到了吗 |
[13:09] | He’s by the overhead camera. | 正在俯拍正面 |
[13:11] | I need to grab prints, get him ID’d. | 我要取指纹 确认他的身份 |
[13:13] | Don’t you want to wait for the post, keep his hands clean for trace? | 你不想等到他的照片发布再确认? 保持手原样以便追查别的线索? |
[13:16] | I need to know who my victim is. That’s the priority. | 我得知道这受害者是谁 这是第一要务 |
[13:20] | Finish your breakfast. I got plenty of time. | 你先把早餐吃完吧 我可以慢慢等 |
[14:09] | There’s nothing under the nails that I can see. | 指甲下面好像没什么东西 |
[14:12] | I think we can risk prints. | 我觉得可以冒这个险先取指纹 |
[14:29] | Something’s up. | 不太对劲 |
[14:31] | Please. Gather round. | 各位 请聚过来 |
[14:35] | Steve, could someone get word across the hall to Features and Sports? | Steve能找人带话给大厅对面的 特点新闻和体育新闻部吗 |
[14:38] | – Sure. – We want everyone on this. | – 没问题 – 我希望大家都过来听 |
[14:48] | What, did we get sold again? | 怎么 我们又被收购了 |
[14:51] | First the LA Times buys us up, then the Tribune. | 先是洛杉矶时报把我们买下 然后又是纽约论坛报 |
[14:53] | Law of the fish. | 钓鱼法则 |
[14:55] | – We’re the minnow. – Maybe we won a Pulitzer. | – 咱们不过是不起眼的小鱼 – 也许我们能赢个普利策新闻奖呢 |
[14:57] | Pulitzers are still a week away. It just turned April. | 普利策奖还有一周 现在才四月初 |
[15:02] | Look at Whiting’s pants. | 看Whiting那慌张样 |
[15:04] | If we won a Pulitzer, the executive editor would be tumescent. | 如果我们赢个普利策奖 执行总编还不跟飞机屁股似的 |
[15:09] | Tum-what? | 飞机屁股? |
[15:10] | Speak English. I’m just a police reporter. | 说英语 我只是个警方新闻记者 |
[15:12] | Tumescent. Engorged. | 飞机的屁股–尾巴翘上天 |
[15:15] | Exactly. | 就这个意思 |
[15:16] | It’s a bad time for newspapers, | 这年头报业不景气 |
[15:18] | as you all know. | 想必你们都知道 |
[15:20] | The news hole is shrinking as | 新闻版面越来越少 |
[15:23] | advertising dollars continue to decline. | 因为广告投资一直递减 |
[15:26] | Our circulation numbers are also down | 我们的发行量也在减少 |
[15:28] | as we compete with a variety of media. | 有各式各样的媒体在跟我们竞争 |
[15:31] | Technology is driving distribution, | 技术决定着传播手段 |
[15:36] | and the internet is a free source of news and opinions. | 而今网络成为新闻和评论的免费来源 |
[15:41] | Seeking a balance in this new world, | 在这新生代夹缝中为求生存 |
[15:45] | we’re now faced with hard choices. | 我们必须做出艰难的选择 |
[15:48] | We opened our first foreign bureau in London in 1924. | 1924年我们在伦敦开立了首个境外分部 |
[15:52] | The Sun’s foreign coverage has been a source of pride ever since. | 太阳报的境外新闻报道自此让人引以为豪 |
[15:59] | So it is with | 所以在此 |
[16:02] | tremendous regret… | 我深表遗憾的… |
[16:05] | that I tell you that Chicago has made it clear that the bureaus | 宣布芝加哥已决定 |
[16:09] | in Beijing, Moscow, | 在北京 莫斯科 |
[16:12] | Jerusalem, Johannesburg, and London | 耶路撒冷 约翰尼斯堡 和伦敦 |
[16:16] | will all be shuttered. | 的分部均将关闭 |
[16:19] | Elsewhere in the newsroom, | 余下的新闻编辑部 |
[16:21] | there will be a fresh round of buyouts. | 将会面临新一轮的收购 |
[16:25] | Chicago has given us some specific budgetary targets | 芝加哥已向我们定下了明确的预算目标 |
[16:29] | that will require some hard choices throughout the newsroom. | 导致新闻部将不得不做出艰难的抉择 |
[16:33] | We are, quite simply, | 我们 简单来说 |
[16:36] | going to have to find ways to do more with less. | 必须尽量少花钱多做事 |
[16:40] | So I guess I will turn this over to Tom, | 那么接下来交给Tom |
[16:43] | who will get into the specifics. | 他将向你们说明更详细的要求 |
[16:48] | I know some of you have questions. | 我知道你们都是满腹疑团 |
[16:49] | If you could hold them for me until after I’ve had a chance to speak. | 给我点时间让我讲完话再发问 |
[16:52] | Pull your clip book together. | 把你的文件夹都收拾收拾 |
[16:54] | – Time to find a new home. – First, Chicago has sent us | – 赶紧找个新东家吧 – 首先 芝加哥向我们发了 |
[16:55] | a memo outlining options that are available to those of you… | 一份备忘录 注明了你们当前的选择 |
[16:58] | The aorta should have elasticity to it, | 主动脉本应有弹性 |
[17:01] | but it’s rock hard. | 但这个已经完全硬化 |
[17:03] | Whoever strangled him could’ve just waited a month or two more. | 掐死他的人该多等一两个月 |
[17:07] | This guy was on his last legs. | 这老兄本来就命不久矣 |
[17:08] | It is what it is. | 事已既成 |
[17:10] | In addition to the fractured hyoid and the bruising, | 除了舌骨断裂和身体挫伤外 |
[17:13] | I got signs of a struggle around the body, | 我在他身上找到了挣扎过的痕迹 |
[17:15] | a couple of witnesses who thought they heard sounds of a struggle inside the house. | 有几个目击者也认为 他们听到房里传来挣扎的声音 |
[17:20] | Also that ribbon you snipped off, | 还有你剪下来的那条丝带 |
[17:23] | it might tie to other cases. | 好像跟另外几宗案子有关 |
[17:24] | The ribbon my own investigator missed at the scene. | 那条丝带我们的调查员在现场都没看到 |
[17:27] | It happens. It was high on the wrist. | 这种事很正常 丝带绑得很高 |
[17:31] | Cause and manner is homicide by strangulation. | 死因是勒颈谋杀 |
[17:34] | Good hunting, Detective. | 大有收获啊 警探 |
[17:40] | “And anyone requiring additional information on COBRA benefits | “如果有人对综合预算调节法案的福利待遇 |
[17:43] | “and pension payout as part of the voluntary separation plan | “和退休金一次性支付的自愿离职计划有疑问 |
[17:47] | “can schedule an appointment with human resources.” | “可以预约人力资源部门获取解答” |
[17:50] | Some of you will migrate into new positions | 有些人也许会调到其他职位 |
[17:53] | while others will of course | 其他人当然将会 |
[17:55] | be moving on to other opportunities beyond the Sun, | 离开太阳报另谋出路 |
[17:58] | but everyone in this room has done excellent work | 但在这房间中每个人的出色表现都有目共睹 |
[18:02] | and should be proud of their contributions. | 你们该为自己所作出的贡献而感到骄傲 |
[18:06] | – How many buyouts are there? – That hasn’t been determined yet. | – 他们买断了多少人 – 还没决定 |
[18:09] | We’re talking to the union later today. | 我们今天晚点会跟工会讨论 |
[18:11] | How will this affect the upcoming contract negotiations with the guild? | 这对接下来跟同业协会的合同谈判会产生多大影响 |
[18:14] | Badly. Kiss any raise goodbye. | 影响极大 跟加薪说拜拜吧 |
[18:17] | How come there’s cuts in the newsroom when the company’s still profitable? | 既然公司仍然盈利为什么新闻部还会裁员 |
[18:20] | There’s nobody that feels worse about this than I do. | 我此刻比你们更为光火 |
[18:24] | I’ve seen the excellent work we’ve done here in Baltimore. | 大家在巴尔的摩的杰出表现我都看在眼里 |
[18:26] | The sooner we start meeting with you individually, | 大家越快跟我们单独谈话 |
[18:29] | the sooner I can answer all of your questions. | 你们的疑问才能越快得到解答 |
[18:36] | Not O’Mara. | 不是O’Mara吧 |
[18:39] | Aw, no. | 不妙 |
[18:42] | Good luck, everybody. | 祝你们好运啊 各位 |
[18:44] | No increase in felonies and a 1% bump in total crime. | 重罪方面没有增加 总犯罪率增加1% |
[18:51] | Do you vouch for these figures? | 你敢担保这些数据的真实性吗 |
[18:53] | – Sir? – No increase in crime even after I cut you guys to the bone. | – 长官? – 我把你们预算减到最低 犯罪率也没有上升 |
[18:57] | This is what you’re telling me? | 你是想跟我说这个对吧 |
[18:58] | Because the one thing I’m asking of you guys, | 因为我对你们只有一个要求 |
[19:00] | the one thing that I’m asking above all, | 这个要求最为重要 |
[19:03] | is that you bring me clean numbers. | 就是你给我的数据不能作假 |
[19:05] | Yes, Mr. Mayor. You made that clear. | 当然 市长先生 你说的很清楚 |
[19:11] | Very good, then. | 很好 |
[19:26] | Burrell is done. | Burrell气数已尽 |
[19:27] | He just killed himself. | 他刚刚断送了自己的前途 |
[19:29] | We leak the real stats hold the cooked ones in case he won’t go quietly. | 我们公布真实数据留下掺水的 让他走得心甘情愿 |
[19:33] | And replace him with who? Rawls? | 然后把他换成谁 Rawls? |
[19:35] | He came in with the same stats. | 他也带着同样的数字来的 |
[19:37] | If I know Bill Rawls, he’ll be calling over here | 以我对Bill Rawls的了解 |
[19:40] | as soon as he gets back to his office, | 他一回办公室就会打过来 |
[19:42] | telling us he warned Burrell against cooking the books. | 跟我说他已经警告过Burrell不要造假数据 |
[19:44] | The ministers won’t live with Rawls. Neither will Nerese. | 部长们不会答应让Rawl上位的 Nerese也是 |
[19:47] | As acting commissioner, they will for a few months at least, | 如果只是做代理局长 他们会同意的 至少也会答应几个月 |
[19:51] | if we’ve got a black candidate to sell them. | 只要我们能推介给他们一位黑人候选者 |
[19:53] | Daniels isn’t ready. He’s only been colonel for a year. | Daniels还不够格 他才当上副总警监一年 |
[19:55] | A year will do in a pinch. | 在这紧要关头 一年也就够了 |
[19:59] | You float it with one of your bunkies on Calvert Street. | 你把消息走漏给你在Calvert街上的伙计 |
[20:02] | See how it plays. | 探探风声 |
[20:04] | Burrell reads that, he’ll shit melons. | Burrell要是知道了 会使坏的 |
[20:07] | I fucking hope so. | 我倒是希望他闹事 |
[20:09] | It’s Baltimore. | 这里是巴尔的摩 |
[20:12] | No one lives forever. | 没有谁可以高枕无忧 |
[20:30] | Andreas, right? | Andreas 对吧 |
[20:34] | The Russian sent me. | 俄国佬让我来的 |
[20:39] | Need you to get a word to Vondas. | 请你给Vondas捎个话 |
[20:41] | He got a new friend. | 就说他有了位新伙伴 |
[20:43] | I never hear the name. | 我不知道你在说谁 |
[20:45] | Just let him know Marlo came past with a gift. | 就告诉他Marlo来过 还给他带了份大礼 |
[20:50] | Be at you same time tomorrow. | 明天这个点我会再来 |
[21:11] | Any idea how long this could take? | 谁知道要在这里等多久吗 |
[21:14] | Don’t know. Might be here all day. | 不晓得 可能一整天就耗这儿了 |
[21:17] | I have meetings scheduled. | 我还有个会要开 |
[21:19] | We’ve got to lay the foundation carefully, | 我们得踏踏实实的慢慢来 |
[21:22] | make it so the grand jurors understand all the ins and outs | 这样大陪审团才能对每个上下庭的人心里有数 |
[21:25] | so they don’t get lost in the details. | 不会被一堆细节搅得云里雾里 |
[21:31] | Mr. Howard? | Howard先生 |
[21:39] | Is there any way I could go earlier? | 有办法让我早点进去吗 |
[21:41] | If you’re important enough, sure. | 如果你身居要职 当然 |
[21:44] | I’m the vice president of a major financial institution. | 我是一个大型金融机构的副主席 |
[21:49] | Who the fuck isn’t? | 谁他妈不是呢 |
[21:53] | Now, sir, directing your attention to the document in your hand, | 现在 先生 请注意您手中的文件 |
[21:56] | is that also an account statement? | 那是否也是一份财务报表 |
[21:58] | Yes, it is, for a nonprofit, interest-bearing account, | 是的 报表对象是一个非盈利组织的有息账户 |
[22:02] | organizational, with 501 (c)3 designation. | 标明属于美国免税非盈利组织中的第三类别 |
[22:06] | Can you begin by slowly explaining in the most basic terms | 你能以较慢的语速解释下 |
[22:10] | each of those things, | 当中每一条 |
[22:12] | beginning with the word nonprofit? | 以非盈利开头的基本条款吗 |
[22:15] | – Hey, is box two open? – Not yet. | – 二号审讯室开了没 – 还没 |
[22:18] | What about three? | 三号呢 |
[22:19] | Someone’s killing homeless men. | 有人在杀流浪汉 |
[22:22] | Medical examiner says so. | 法医都这么说 |
[22:31] | Weird thing about my case, Bunk. | 我这案子诡异得很呐 Bunk |
[22:35] | Dead man was homeless, but he had a red ribbon | 死掉的是个无家可归的流浪汉 但他手腕上 |
[22:39] | tied around his wrist. | 系着条红丝带 |
[22:40] | What does a homeless guy have to remember | 流浪汉有什么事要紧到 |
[22:42] | that he should have a red ribbon tied around his wrist? | 他需要绑条红丝带来记住呢 |
[22:49] | – Barlow. – What? | – Barlow – 咋了 |
[22:51] | Nice out. | 污染空气啊 |
[22:52] | Like Chanel No. 5 comes out of your ass, Moreland. | 你以为你放的屁都跟香水似的吗 乡巴佬 |
[23:01] | If you got a problem, then I got a problem. | 你的问题就是我的问题 |
[23:04] | That’s how the co-op work. | 合作就是这么回事 |
[23:06] | What’s the problem? | 遇到什么问题了 |
[23:08] | I got too much money. | 我钱赚的太多 |
[23:11] | Son, believe me, you ain’t alone. | 小兄弟 相信我 不是就你有这烦恼 |
[23:16] | What to do with the shit we sell ain’t no thing. | 跟我们东西怎么卖的没关系 |
[23:19] | In Baltimore, dope and coke sell themselves, | 在巴尔的摩 毒品供不应求好卖得很 |
[23:23] | but the money that come back? | 但赚回来的钱 |
[23:26] | Ain’t enough mattresses, is there, now? | 多到床垫不够藏 是吧 |
[23:29] | You got any ideas? | 你有什么主意吗 |
[23:33] | A few. If you askin’. | 有些门路 如果你需要的话 |
[23:38] | – Not Twigg. – Damn. | – 不是Twigg吧 – 该死 |
[23:40] | Guy gives 20 years to the paper, and this how it ends? | 在报业埋头苦干20年 竟然得此下场 |
[23:43] | Fact of the matter is, it’s more profitable these days | 问题是 这年头出烂报纸挣小钱的 |
[23:46] | to run a worse paper for less money. | 赚得还更多 |
[23:48] | Cut back people and pages, you increase revenue. | 裁员加上削减报纸版面 收入反而涨了 |
[23:52] | If we’re lucky, they’ll just get rid of deadwood. | 如果咱们走运的话 他们该只裁掉些废物 |
[23:57] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[24:00] | “You’ve done excellent work.” | “你干得挺不错” |
[24:02] | Without being explicit, they gave me a choice | 没说得太直白 他们让我做选择 |
[24:05] | – either the copy desk or the buyout. – You’re kidding, right? | – 要么去编辑部 要么被买断辞退 – 开什么玩笑 |
[24:08] | Apparently, they can hire 1.5 twentysomethings | 显然 他们留我在印刷部的钱 |
[24:11] | for what it costs to keep me in print, so… | 够雇1.5个二十多岁小青年了 所以… |
[24:14] | Damn, Roger. | 见鬼 Roger |
[24:16] | Sorry, man. | 我很遗憾 老兄 |
[24:17] | Fuck it. I might as well get to work on that great American novel. | 去他的 我还是去捣鼓那本美国巨著算了 |
[24:26] | – Yeah. – Gus, come on in. | – 是我 – Gus 进来 |
[24:43] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[24:47] | Relax, Gus. We need you here. | 放心Gus 你对我们是必不可少的 |
[24:57] | We value your dedication. You’ve done excellent work. | 我们很看重你的兢兢业业 你干得非常出色 |
[25:00] | We’re counting on you to transition the new team. | 我们还要靠你打造新的队伍 |
[25:03] | There’s still going to be excellent talent out there that needs to be developed. | 还会有很多才华洋溢的新人需要你栽培 |
[25:07] | What kind of team’s going to be left? | 旧队伍里还会剩下哪些人 |
[25:09] | We’re losing good people, | 我们损失了一些人才 |
[25:11] | but we expect to retain the core of a solid staff. | 但我们打算留下中流砥柱 |
[25:14] | Doing more with less. | 以小博大 |
[25:16] | That’s what we have to contemplate going forward. | 这是我们必须得琢磨的前进之道 |
[25:20] | More with less, huh? | 以小博大是吧? |
[25:22] | Look at this. | 看看这 |
[25:24] | A red ribbon in one of Ray Cole’s files. | Ray Cole案件档案里的红丝带 |
[25:30] | Cole left a note with it. “Found on left wrist of victim. | Cole还留了个字条 “在被害者左腕上发现” |
[25:33] | “Check against other cases.” | “和其他案子相比对” |
[25:36] | Hey, hon. How’s the stain look on the cabinets? They dry yet? | 嘿 亲爱的 柜子上那个污渍怎么样 干了没 |
[25:41] | Great. I’m on my way. | 很好 我这就回来 |
[26:03] | This is the hard part, getting these guys to give a shit. | 这才是麻烦的地方 要引起这些家伙的主意 |
[26:07] | Let’s get a taste. I’m buying. | 去喝一杯吧 我请 |
[26:11] | You think I’m drinking with you? | 你觉得我还会跟你把酒言欢 |
[26:13] | Go home, Jimmy. Think your weak shit through, man. | 回家吧 Jimmy 再好好考虑下你干的混账事 |
[26:16] | Go home? For the love of God, I’m working a serial killer. | 回家?! 看在上帝的份上 我可是在查连环杀人犯 |
[26:31] | You want to talk on it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[26:39] | Went with Chris and them, | 上次跟Chris他们一起 |
[26:42] | set up on this family. | 去做掉一家子 |
[26:50] | Everything so serious now. | 事已至此 非同小可 |
[26:55] | Yo, little man, you finish your homework? | 呦 小鬼 你作业做完了吗 |
[26:57] | ‘Cause it’s late now, and it’s only gonna get later if we don’t roll home soon. | 现在天色已晚 如果我们还不回家就更晚了 |
[27:01] | Ain’t no school tomorrow. Teacher meetings. | 明天不用上学 教师会议 |
[27:05] | We should do something, Mike. | 我们该做点什么 Mike |
[27:08] | Got my corner to run, man. | 我那片街头还要管 兄弟 |
[27:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:14] | What, nigga? | 怎么了 小黑鬼 |
[27:17] | Six Flags be open again. | 六旗游乐园又重新开放了 |
[27:23] | That shit’s taking forever. | 搞什么等这么久 |
[27:26] | Complicated stuff, I suppose. | 估计是什么复杂的事 |
[27:28] | It’s more like Joe make it complicated. | 肯定是Joe把事情搞得很复杂 |
[27:31] | That nigga got a thing for conversation. | 这老家伙对谈话这码子事执着得很 |
[27:34] | Not like Marlo. | 不像Marlo |
[27:37] | Definitely not. | 跟他完全不同 |
[27:40] | Now, see, pastor here, he one of about three I like to give money to. | 眼前这位牧师 就是为数不多的几个 我乐意把钱交给他的人之一 |
[27:45] | Help with his good works and all that. | 帮他做点善事 |
[27:47] | Good works? | 善事 |
[27:49] | He down with all kind of missionary work going on down in the islands. | 他在群岛上开展各式各样传教工作 |
[27:53] | You know, building a church for some folk, | 帮别人建建教堂 |
[27:55] | a schoolhouse for some other folks, all kind of good shit like that. | 修修校舍之类 搞的都是这种善举 |
[27:59] | And what else y’all building? | 你还建些什么 |
[28:01] | – A hospital. – Hospital, yeah. | – 医院 – 对 还有医院 |
[28:05] | Except they been building that mess for about ten years now, | 只不过他们开工开了十多年 |
[28:08] | and nothing ever actually get finished. | 根本就没完工过 |
[28:10] | How you gonna clean my money? | 你用什么方法帮我洗钱 |
[28:12] | Got accounts at some of the banks down there. | 我在岛上的银行开了很多账户 |
[28:15] | Donations come in as cash, | 捐款都是现金进 |
[28:17] | cashier’s checks come out. | 支票出 |
[28:19] | Tiny-ass Caribbean island don’t truck with no subpoenas, | 传票送不到加勒比群岛这种小地方 |
[28:22] | no court orders, none of that. | 庭谕也一样 山高皇帝远 |
[28:24] | You pay ten on the dollar. | 你付我总金额的一成 |
[28:25] | Anything beyond that depends on your generosity, | 其他更多的就看你对那些需要帮助的人 |
[28:28] | to save those who want to be saved. | 愿意发多少善心了 |
[28:59] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[29:01] | I can see that. | 看得出来 |
[29:11] | Again. | 再来一杯 |
[29:15] | I saw your text message on my cellphone today, | 今天我看见你给我发的短信 |
[29:17] | it took me a minute to remember who the hell you were. | 好一会儿才想起你他妈是谁 |
[29:19] | It ain’t been that long. | 也没过那么久吧 |
[29:20] | Shit. When you left, I was still covering the labor beat. | 去你的 你走的时候我还在报道劳工示威 |
[29:24] | We ain’t had a labor reporter around here in three years. | 咱们这里已经三年没有劳工记者了 |
[29:27] | Yeah, well, now you the big, bad city editor, | 你现在是油水横流的本地新闻总编 |
[29:30] | and I’m whoring myself for politicians. | 我却跟妓女似的给政客典身卖命 |
[29:34] | You got out just at the right time too. | 你走得正是时候 |
[29:36] | – That bad, huh? – Chicago is killing us. | – 情势这么糟糕么 – 芝加哥要逼死我们 |
[29:39] | One buyout after another. | 一次又一次收购 |
[29:42] | I can’t even begin to think what our next round of guild negotiations | 我简直无法想象下次同业协会谈判 |
[29:45] | is gonna be like. | 会怎么样 |
[29:47] | Enough of me crying. | 我的叫苦连天就此打住 |
[29:50] | What are you selling tonight, dear Norman? | 你今晚有什么好料 亲爱的Norman |
[29:53] | Carcetti’s planning to shitcan Burrell. | Carcetti计划除掉Burrell |
[29:56] | He’s talking to people and considering replacements. | 他在跟人交涉 考虑换掉他 |
[29:59] | City hall source? | 市政厅传出来的消息? |
[30:02] | Who’s the leading candidate? | 谁是首要候选人 |
[30:03] | Rawls, deputy for operations, might have the job for a few months, | Rawls 执行副局长 可能会接任几个月 |
[30:07] | but there’s a front runner from deeper In the department. | 不过还有位更名不见经传的卿点候选人 |
[30:10] | Cedric Daniels Cedric Daniels. | |
[30:12] | It’s been a while since I’ve been on the street there, Norman. | 我出来跑新闻也不是一年两年了 Norman |
[30:14] | – Who’s this Daniels? – Chief of detectives. Polished. | – 这个Daniels是谁啊 – 刑侦部的头 根正苗红 |
[30:17] | Holds a law degree. | 有法律学位 |
[30:19] | Brought closure to some high-level cases. | 结了几宗高曝光率大案 |
[30:21] | His ex-wife got herself elected to the council last go-round. | 他前妻上次还选上了市议员 |
[30:26] | I always liked photos with my stories. | 我写的报道总是会附上照片 |
[30:31] | And this is aimed at who? Huh? | 这次的目标又是谁 |
[30:34] | The ministers? Nerese? | 部长们? Nerese? |
[30:36] | You want to see if they can live with this fella here, right? | 你想看他们能不能接受这个家伙 对吧 |
[30:41] | A’ight. | 好吧 |
[30:43] | From one whore to another. | 从一个卖笑的去找下一个 |
[30:53] | Whoa, what the fuck? | 靠 搞什么鬼 |
[30:56] | Check this shit out. | 看看这个 |
[30:59] | Beautiful. | 一片春光啊 |
[31:00] | Holy shit. Look at this motherfucker. | 狗娘养的 看这混账 |
[31:04] | Hit him with the spot. | 打灯照他 |
[31:14] | CID. Figures, don’t it? | 刑侦部的 难怪 |
[31:30] | Where y’all need to go? | 你们去哪儿 |
[31:32] | Down Six Flags. | 去六旗游乐场 |
[31:33] | You talkin’ round trip? | 搭你往返 |
[31:36] | Run you 200 plus gas. | 两百块加油费 |
[31:39] | Where you at? | 你车在哪儿 |
[31:44] | I got 150, gas included if it even get us there. | 一百五包含油费 如果这破烂开得到的话 |
[31:48] | Don’t be fretting on the ride now. This motherfucker tried and true. | 别光看外表 这车可是经过千锤百炼 |
[31:53] | A’ight. | 好 |
[31:56] | I got half when we get there and half on the way back. | 到了那给你一半 回来再给你剩下的 |
[32:05] | I guess you’re not up for a story. | 估计您老无心写报道了 |
[32:09] | – I need something worked on right away. – What do you got? | – 我要你现在就开始着手写报道 – 你有什么消息 |
[32:12] | Mayor’s thinking about firing the police commissioner. | 市长想开除警察局长 |
[32:14] | – He’s floating the idea anyway. – No problem. I’m all over it. | – 反正他在放这消息 – 没问题 交给我了 |
[32:18] | What do you know about Daniels? | 你对Daniels有什么了解 |
[32:22] | – Who is he? – CID commander. | – 他是谁 – 刑侦部的头 |
[32:24] | Came out of the Eastern DEU, married to the Daniels | 从东区缉毒组出来的 |
[32:27] | that won the council seat in ’06. | 曾跟06年赢得议员职位的Daniels是夫妻 |
[32:29] | Brought in a couple of big wiretap cases, they gave him the Western, | 带来几个大型监听案 上头把西区给他管 |
[32:32] | hoping to clean up that district after they shitcanned Bunny Colvin. | 指望他在Bunny Colvin下台后 能给西区带来点起色 |
[32:36] | Since getting separated, he’s been shacked up with Ronnie Pearlman | 离婚后 他跟Ronnie Pearlman成了一对 |
[32:39] | over at the state’s attorney’s office. | 她在州检察官办公室供职 |
[32:41] | No suction early in his career, | 在他职业生涯早期没遇上伯乐 |
[32:43] | but now that he’s got Carcetti’s ear, | 但现在有了Carcetti的提点 |
[32:45] | now the brass stay out of his way. | 他前程一片光明 |
[32:47] | What’s the man’s favorite color? | 他最喜欢的颜色是啥 |
[32:56] | – You sure? – Yeah, what the hell? | – 你确定 – 对 管他呢 |
[32:59] | I’m already on the clock. | 反正我马上就要走人 |
[33:11] | Hi, darlin’. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[33:13] | It’s Roger Twigg with the Sun papers. | 我是太阳报的Roger Twigg |
[33:15] | Is the deputy around? | 副局长在吗 |
[33:18] | Thanks, hon. | 谢了 甜心 |
[33:19] | Hey, an hour or two, I’d have had it surrounded. | 给我一两个小时 我也会对他了如指掌 |
[33:22] | No doubt. | 毫无疑问 |
[33:24] | While Mr. Deadwood here’s working the story, | 在这位”废物”先生写报道的时候 |
[33:28] | see if you can feed him some react quotes. | 看你能不能帮他写点外界回应语录 |
[33:34] | A generous gift, | 的确是份厚礼 |
[33:38] | but your money,the money you bring me. | 但你的钱 你带给我的钱 |
[33:40] | I don’t need. | 我不需要 |
[33:41] | Money is money. | 钱就是钱 |
[33:45] | What’s the difference who bring it to you? | 谁带给你的又有什么关系 |
[33:52] | It’s dirty money. | 这是不义之财 |
[33:55] | It stinks. | 是臭钱 |
[33:58] | – We ain’t in the same business? – The bills are from the street. | – 我们难道不是干同一行的 – 这些钱直接来自街头 |
[34:01] | They’re dirty, you understand? | 是黑钱 你懂没 |
[34:04] | Everything runs through Joe. | 所有交易都要经Joe之手 |
[34:06] | Everything is clean with Joe. | Joe经手的 都是干净钱 |
[34:11] | Ain’t a problem. | 没问题 |
[34:13] | Good. | 很好 |
[34:15] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[34:27] | Hey, Bunk. What kind of knot you say was on that red ribbon? | Bunk 你说的那个红丝带上是打的哪种结 |
[34:32] | – The one on the homeless guy’s wrist. – Fuck yourself with your red ribbon. | – 就是绑在流浪汉手腕上的那个红丝带 – 你和你的红丝带都去死吧 |
[34:38] | Just thought of something. | 刚想起件事 |
[34:39] | I caught a vagrant months back had a red ribbon tied around his wrist. | 几个月前我有个流浪汉被杀的案子 流浪汉腕上绑着红丝带 |
[34:43] | You remember that? | 你连这都记得 |
[34:45] | Hell of a catch, Detective. Hell of a catch. | 好个记性啊 警探 好个记性啊 |
[34:48] | Can I see your file? | 我能看你的案卷吗 |
[34:57] | Clean bills? | 干净的票子 |
[34:58] | You mean laundered, right? I just showed you how. | 你是说洗干净是吧 就像我刚刚这样 |
[35:02] | Nah, nah. He mean clean, | 不不 他的意思是洗钱 |
[35:04] | like the money straight out the bank and shit. | 能直接从银行进出的那种 |
[35:07] | All lookin’ nice. | 看起来要是清白正当钱 |
[35:08] | See, people ain’t right. Here you are tryin’ to pay a motherfucker, | 看吧 什么世道 你在这要付钱给这些个混球 |
[35:12] | an’ all he worried about is what the money look like. | 他居然尽担心钱看起来像什么样 |
[35:14] | Normally, my fee for this would be 20 on the dollar. | 通常情况下 我要收两成的佣金 |
[35:17] | 40,000 to make it look nice. | 给你四万当洗钱费 |
[35:19] | You need this back today too. | 你还今天就要 |
[35:22] | Might ordinarily charge more, | 一般收费更高 |
[35:24] | But seeing as how we co-op, no charge. | 但看在我们合作的份上 免费 |
[35:30] | Speaking of co-op, tell them niggas that got burnt | 说到合作 跟你那些下手狠的黑鬼说 |
[35:34] | I’m givin’ away 50 for a line on Omar’s people. | 我悬红5万给提供Omar和他手下消息的人 |
[35:36] | His sister, his me-maw, some faggy he be with. | 他的姐妹 他的祖母 还有他的基友 |
[35:41] | All that shit count, you hear me? | 这些人都算 听见没 |
[35:42] | I’d let sleeping dogs lie, son. | 要是我就不会打草惊蛇 小子 |
[35:44] | I know you would, Joe. | 我知道你不会 Joe |
[35:46] | You smart like that. | 你就是会耍伎俩 |
[35:48] | Yeah. Me? | 我呢 |
[35:50] | Anyway, pass that offer on. | 总之 把这悬红传出去 |
[35:52] | Come back for this here in an hour. | 一小时后回来取钱 |
[36:04] | That boy want Omar bad. | 那小子就想置Omar于死地 |
[36:06] | Man, I ain’t giving him a thing on Omar. | 我可什么Omar的消息都没供给他 |
[36:09] | Omar been gone. | Omar已经走了 |
[36:11] | Took a lot of bad history with him too. | 把他的恶史劣迹也一起带走了 |
[36:14] | Why in the hell would I want that motherfucker back? | 我脑子坏掉才会盼这条恶狗再回来 |
[36:18] | How fast you think we were going on that first drop? | 你觉得我们刚坐的过山车有多快 |
[36:21] | – 75 an hour. – That’s it? | – 时速75千米吧 – 就这样? |
[36:23] | Felt like I was coming out of my seat, man. | 感觉我都要从座位上飞出去了 哥们 |
[36:25] | You always knowing stuff like that. How? | 这些事情你咋都知道 怎么知道的 |
[36:27] | Over there! | 看那边 |
[36:34] | Y’all throwin’ some bricks. | 你们都扔得太用力了 |
[36:37] | Put a little touch on it. | 要轻轻的来 |
[36:40] | Watch. | 学着点 |
[36:48] | Put some backspin on it, or else it’ll bank off the box and not in it. | 给球加点下旋力 不然会弹出来 |
[36:56] | Hold this. | 拿着这个 |
[36:57] | – So where Fairfax at? – Northern Virginia. | – 那Fairfax在哪里 – 弗吉尼亚北部 |
[37:00] | – How about you? – I live up Baltimore. | – 你呢 – 我住在巴尔的摩 |
[37:02] | That’s so cool. | 酷毙了 |
[37:04] | You two have your own place? | 你俩有自己的住处吗 |
[37:05] | – Yeah, and Bug. – That’s tight. | – 是的 还有Bug – 关系真铁 |
[37:35] | Madman on the loose, huh? | 有个疯子在逍遥法外是吧 |
[37:37] | Three linked cases and counting. | 已经有三起相关案子 而且可能还不止 |
[37:40] | He’s killing vagrants, is he? | 他在屠杀流浪汉是吧 |
[37:49] | Don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 到时别说我没提醒你 |
[37:55] | Who covers us for the Sun papers nowadays? Twigg? | 太阳报现在谁跟进咱们的案子 Twigg? |
[37:58] | Him or this new girl. Alma something. | 是他或是新来的女孩儿 叫Alma什么的 |
[38:08] | Baltimore Sun. Gutierrez. | 巴尔的摩太阳报 我是Gutierrez |
[38:24] | OK. Can I meet you? | 好的 我能跟你面谈吗 |
[38:28] | Do you know Al Pacino’s? | 你知道阿尔帕西诺酒吧吗 |
[38:31] | How about half an hour? | 半个小时后见怎么样 |
[38:33] | OK. See you then. | 好的 到那儿见 |
[38:35] | Good react quote from me in Metro Write. | 我这里拿到条挺好的回应 写在城市新闻版 |
[38:42] | Wow.Scott, come here. | Scott 过来 |
[38:47] | This quote here – | 这条回应 |
[38:49] | “Carcetti may be holding the knife, but Daniels sharpened it for him. | “Carcetti将要痛下杀招 Daniels助他磨刀霍霍 |
[38:52] | He’s been critical of Burrell since the election.” | 选举之后他就对Burrell百般挑剔” |
[38:56] | Good shit, huh? | 精辟 对吧 |
[38:57] | Yeah, from a high-ranking city hall source? | 对 来自市政厅的高级官员 |
[39:00] | You feel comfortable telling me where you got that? | 你介意告诉我从哪得来的消息吗 |
[39:02] | Not really, it being a source. | 不行 是我的线人 |
[39:05] | It’s a great quote, but if you’re gonna slam somebody anonymously, | 是条绝佳的语录 不过如果你想匿名扇人家耳光 |
[39:10] | I at least have to be sure that the quote comes from… | 至少我得知道这条回应从何而来 |
[39:13] | Nerese Campbell Nerese Campbell. | |
[39:14] | She’s not gonna slam the mayor’s choice publicly | 她不会公开对市长的选择出言不逊 |
[39:17] | but not-for-attribution, that’s her quote. | 但在不透露信息来源的条件下 那是她的回应 |
[39:20] | You got Nerese to say that, huh? | 你让Nerese说出了这话 是吧 |
[39:22] | Twigg’s not the only guy who’s game around here. | 不是只有Twigg是这里的弄潮儿 |
[39:42] | Let Vondas know I ain’t mean no misunderstanding earlier. | 告诉Vondas我之前不是有意造成误会 |
[40:02] | How do you know they’re connected? | 你怎么知道这几个案子有关联的 |
[40:03] | Is there DNA evidence or a signature? | 是有DNA证据 还是有惯用作案手法 |
[40:06] | We can’t release that yet. You know, copycats. | 这个我们不能公布 你知道 为了避免有模仿者 |
[40:09] | So there is a signature. | 所以的确是有惯用手法 |
[40:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:14] | You’re good. | 你挺厉害 |
[40:17] | – You’re new, right? – Five months. | – 你是新人 对吧 – 才来五个月 |
[40:19] | I worked at the Sun-Sentinel in Lauderdale before this. | 在此之前我在劳德代尔堡的太阳哨兵报工作 |
[40:23] | I’ve read your stories. They’re good. | 我读过你的报道 很不错 |
[40:25] | Bullshit, but thanks. | 胡说 但还是谢谢 |
[40:28] | You’re gonna run something right away, right? | 你会马上出第一手报道对不对 |
[40:31] | We got to get the word out on this. | 这一点我必须得到你的确认 |
[40:35] | What kind of name is Alma? | Alma算哪门子名字啊 |
[40:37] | I have a boyfriend, Detective. | 我有男友 警探 |
[40:39] | Yeah? He bigger than me? | 是吗 他大得过我么 |
[40:42] | Can I ask you why on the day in question you were operating the senator’s car | 我能请问为何在我们提及的这天 当你开着参议院的车 |
[40:46] | when you were detained by city police with $20,000 in cash? | 被市警羁押时 身上带着两万块现金吗 |
[40:50] | On advice of my attorney, I ain’t gonna answer that. | 经我律师建议 我不能回答这个问题 |
[40:54] | Y’all trying to criminate me here. | 你们都想在这儿定我的罪 |
[40:56] | Mr. Price, you are employed as a driver for Senator Davis, | Price先生 你作为司机受雇于Davis参议员 |
[41:00] | earning 30,000 a year, is that correct? | 年收入三万块 对不对 |
[41:03] | Yeah, so? | 对 那又怎么样 |
[41:05] | Yet it is my understanding | 不过我也了解到 |
[41:08] | that you are also drawing a $40,000 salary | 你同时兼任巴尔的摩西区篮球 |
[41:11] | as the executive director of the West Baltimore hoops charity | 慈善执行总监年收入四万块 |
[41:15] | and another 30,000 as the fundraising director | 还兼任参议员日托提案的筹款总监 |
[41:19] | for the senator’s day-care initiative. | 年收三万块 |
[41:21] | How are you able to earn three salaries, | 你怎么能同时兼顾三份工作 |
[41:24] | working three jobs at the same time, Mr. Price? | 赚三份薪水呢 Price先生 |
[41:36] | You have a nice day. | 祝你有个愉快的一天 |
[41:40] | Blind motherfucker. | 老瞎鬼 |
[41:42] | His joint on Collington on the east side of the street. | 他的酒馆开在 Collington街东面 |
[41:46] | If he give up Omar, though, I want in on that shit. | 如果他招出Omar 算账时加我一个 |
[41:49] | Nigga put a gun in my face, man. | 死黑鬼拿枪指过我的头 |
[41:51] | – Joe know about Butchie? – Motherfucker, I know about him. | – Joe知道Butchie这人吗 – 他妈的 是我认识他 |
[41:54] | Joe don’t know shit about this here, and he ain’t need to know. | Joe完全不知道这码子事 他也不用知道 |
[41:58] | Now where my cheese at, man? | 现在我的赏金呢 |
[42:26] | The fuck you been at, nigga? | 你他妈的死去哪儿了 黑仔 |
[42:27] | Wasn’t no school today, so we took Bug to do something. Ain’t no thing. | 今天不用上学 所以我们带Bug出去了 没什么的吧 |
[42:30] | It is when you don’t tell no one. | 你谁都不打个招呼就要紧 |
[42:32] | Now I had to come down her all day long to make sure your shit is straight. | 搞得我今天在这里守一天 确保你的人没乱来 |
[42:35] | This your corner or what, nigga? | 这还是你的地盘不 黑仔 |
[42:36] | I’m checking now to make sure shit’s right at the end of the day, | 我这不结束的时候过来检查今天的成果了吗 |
[42:40] | a’ight? | 够了不 |
[42:42] | – Yo, count right? – Yeah. All straight. | – 数目对不 – 都对得上 |
[42:45] | Ain’t the point, and you know it. Chris already heard about this shit. | 这不是重点 你也知道 Chris已经收到消息了 |
[42:52] | – Nice dolphin, nigga. – hmm. | 海豚不错 黑仔 |
[42:54] | Let’s go home, man. I’ll deal with this bullshit later. | 回家吧 哥们 我下次再来料理这烂摊子 |
[43:05] | That’s 400 in your own account down in the islands. | 这是你在群岛的银行账户上存的40万 |
[43:09] | There no hurricane, department of justice, | 飓风 司法部 |
[43:11] | or nigga with a gun can tap that. | 操着枪的黑鬼都动不到它一分一毫 |
[43:15] | – How I even know it’s there? -You check it online any time you like. | – 我怎么知道钱都在那儿 – 你随时可以上网查看 |
[43:18] | On a computer? | 在电脑上? |
[43:21] | If I can’t hold it in my hand… | 最好是能亲手摸到 |
[43:22] | A’ight. You got any prior convictions? | 好吧 你有没有前科 |
[43:25] | No, nothing that rate. | 没有 没有记录在案的 |
[43:27] | We get you a passport, then. | 那我们给你弄个护照 |
[43:31] | Take a trip. | 去趟旅行 |
[43:46] | Ain’t easy civilizing this motherfucker. | 这家伙真他妈食古不化 |
[43:51] | We chose poorly, Gus. | 我们没什么选择的余地 Gus |
[43:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:55] | At this rate, there won’t be much to call a newspaper in 10 years. | 这样下去 10年后不会有啥像样的报纸了 |
[44:00] | You know my father worked over at Armco, right? | 你知道我父亲在阿姆科钢铁工作对吧 |
[44:04] | And every morning before he went to work, | 他每天早晨上工前 |
[44:07] | he’d sit at the table, reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee, | 都坐在桌边 喝着咖啡看报纸 |
[44:12] | and no one could interrupt him | 旁若无人 |
[44:14] | for that 15 minutes before he walked out the door. | 出门前那十五分钟都是如此 |
[44:19] | And I remember watching him, thinking, | 我还记得当时看着他 就想着 |
[44:21] | “What the hell is so important about that damn paper? | “那张破报纸有什么非看不可的 |
[44:27] | “I want to be part of that.” | “我也想成为那里面的一部分” |
[44:30] | Made me want to be a newspaperman. | 让我就此想当新闻工作者 |
[44:37] | One day, I was cutting class at Patterson, | 有一天 我旷课在Patterson闲晃 |
[44:40] | and there was this man on the downtown bus | 在去市中心的巴士上有个男的 |
[44:42] | folding his broadsheet just so. | 把报纸叠得方方正正 |
[44:48] | And the way that man folded that paper | 那哥们叠报纸的方式 |
[44:50] | and concentrated on reading those pages | 和他看报纸时聚精会神的样子 |
[44:54] | made him look like the smartest son of a bitch on the bus. | 让他一眼看去就是巴士上最聪明的家伙 |
[44:58] | It was just one of those moments. | 就是那种惊鸿一瞥的瞬间 |
[45:06] | “Lf, ever I depart this vale, | “有朝一日 若我已辞世 |
[45:09] | “and you ever remember me | “你若忆起我 |
[45:11] | “and have thought to please my ghost, | “仍意于取悦我的鬼魂 |
[45:15] | “forgive some sinner, | “那就宽恕戴罪之人 |
[45:17] | “and wink your eye at some homely girl.” | “追求貌平之女” |
[45:21] | Fuck Henry Mencken. | 让亨利·门肯见鬼去吧 |
[45:27] | I forgive you, Gus. | 我原谅你了 Gus |
[46:13] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[46:17] | You see that quote from somebody about me stabbing Burrell in the back? | 你看见那条引述某人说的 我背后捅了Burrell一刀的话了吗 |
[46:21] | That’s a damn lie. | 完全是鬼话连篇 |
[46:22] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[46:25] | You’re going to be named commissioner. | 你会被提名为局长 |
[46:28] | This is good news. How is this not good news? | 这是好消息啊 哪里不好了 |
[46:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:43] | Cheap motherfucker. | 拿去吧 穷鬼 |
[47:14] | No, no, see. | 不对不对 看见没 |
[47:16] | If you stack it with the domestic beer, | 如果你跟本地啤酒放在一起 |
[47:18] | then I won’t know, huh? | 我不是就分不出来了吗 |
[47:21] | Cut a blind man some slack, hear? | 给瞎子行个方便吧 听见没 |
[47:27] | – Y’all servin’? – If you got some ID on you. | – 你们开业没 – 如果你带了身份证的话 |
[47:34] | – Who was that? – Little girl. | – 是谁啊 – 小女孩 |
[47:46] | Cash is in the register. | 现金放在收银台 |
[47:48] | Fuck the register, old man. | 去他的收银台 老家伙 |
[47:53] | They all up in your shit. | 他们都在抓你把柄 |
[47:56] | They going after every damn thing. Do you hear me? | 他们什么陈芝麻烂谷子都在查 你听见了吗 |
[47:59] | We going to jail. | 我们要坐牢了 |
[48:05] | Focus, motherfucker, | 注意点 狗杂种 |
[48:08] | focus! | 注意点 |
[48:10] | Look here. | 瞧这里 |
[48:12] | Back in the girdle ads underneath the story about the… | 在腰带广告背后 就在… |
[48:16] | the school board approving a name change for PS 114, | 校董会通过114公立学校改名的新闻下面 |
[48:20] | it’s Jimmy McNulty’s ripper. | 就是咱Jimmy McNulty的杀人魔报道 |
[48:24] | You know why they call them homeless, Jimmy? | 你知道他们为什么被叫做流浪汉吗 Jimmy |
[48:26] | Because they ain’t got a pot to piss in, | 因为他们连个尿尿的便壶都没有 |
[48:28] | and you know why they ain’t got a pot? | 你知道为啥他们连个尿尿的便壶都没有吗 |
[48:30] | Because nobody gives a good fuck. | 因为谁他妈都不在乎 |
[48:33] | Shake it for another day or two, and then you’re back in the rotation. | 你闹个一两天就该给我收手回去轮班 |
[48:41] | You done with this stupid shit? | 你蠢事干够了没 |
[48:43] | Who the fuck do you need to hear it from, Jimmy? | 还要谁来当头棒喝才能敲醒你 Jimmy |
[48:49] | You have to let Burrell know that this isn’t coming from you. | 你得让Burrell知道这不是你本意 |
[48:52] | That won’t matter. | 那根本没用 |
[48:53] | After what he read today, I’m the threat. | 今天他看过这个之后 我就是眼中钉 |
[48:55] | Then you have to tell him that you won’t take the job, | 那你必须告诉他你不会接这个工作 |
[48:57] | that you don’t want his chair. | 你并不觊觎他的位置 |
[48:59] | And he believes me? | 他会信我吗 |
[49:01] | The alternative is that he goes public with what he knows, | 要不然他就会把他知道的公之于众 |
[49:04] | whatever he has about the old days. | 把你的老底掀出来 |
[49:06] | He sat on it this long. | 他都藏了这么久了 |
[49:08] | You said yourself he’d rather bury that file | 你自己也说过 比起让外界知道 在他掌管下警局的家丑 |
[49:11] | than to embarrass the department on his watch, | 还不如把这段陈年旧事尘封起来 |
[49:14] | but if it’s between you and him surviving, | 但如果是你跟他两虎相争 |
[49:16] | what do you think he’ll do then? | 你觉得他会怎么做 |
[49:24] | How much could even be in that file? | 那份档案里到底会有多少料 |
[49:27] | An assets investigation? Some loose talk? | 资产调查和一些闲言闲语? |
[49:30] | It was so long ago. Most of those guys have moved on. | 都多久以前的事了 当年那些人都罢手了 |
[49:33] | He only needs smoke. | 他只用放出点风声 |
[49:36] | He doesn’t even need fire to drag you down, to drag me down. | 甚至不用煽风点火 就能拖你我下台 |
[49:40] | Everything that we have worked so hard for. | 把我们多年的苦心经营毁于一旦 |
[49:44] | We’ve already lost enough. | 我们已经失去得够多了 |
[49:54] | What other people Omar got? | Omar还有些什么手下 |
[49:58] | Cocksucker the one got the trouble. | 他才是我们要算账的 |
[50:01] | No need for you to stand tall on it. | 你没必要为他送命 |
[50:09] | It don’t have to be messy. | 不用把场子搞这么难堪 |
[50:10] | Ain’t no other way. I can see that. | 没别的办法 我看得出来 |
[50:26] | Where I find Omar? | 我在哪儿才能找到Omar |
[50:29] | no,no… | 不 不 |
[50:38] | Where Omar at? | Omar在哪儿 |
[50:47] | You a tough old man. | 老家伙是条硬汉 |
[51:15] | When word get to Omar, make sure he hear everything. | 消息传到Omar的时候 记得要事无巨细的说给他听 |
[51:27] | We still ain’t got no line on the man, and now he comin’ at us. | 我们还是没有Omar的消息 现在他还要找上门了 |
[51:31] | We gonna change up. Marlo got to move indoors. | 我们要变动下 Marlo以后少出门 |
[51:34] | The rest of us need to live on the run. | 咱们得提心吊胆过日子了 |
[51:36] | Fucked-up plan, you ask me. | 要我说 这计划烂毙了 |
[51:38] | Marlo wants Omar. What else you need to know? | Marlo要Omar死 你知道这个就够了 |
[51:45] | You making your move on Burrell, and I don’t blame you, | 你要下手除掉Burrell 我不怪你 |
[51:47] | and the thing is, I can help with that. | 而且事实上 也没有我插手的余地 |
[51:50] | The ministers, Nerese, black legislative caucus | 部长们 Nerese 黑人立法协会 |
[51:53] | I can bring them around for you. | 我能把他们都找来 |
[51:56] | Feel free. | 随意 |
[51:57] | All I need is some help with this grand jury nonsense. | 我只求在大陪审团这操蛋事上帮我点忙 |
[52:01] | You go to Bond, you tell Bond that… | 你去找Bond 你去跟Bond说 |
[52:03] | I can’t help you with that. | 这事我帮不了你 |
[52:04] | Story’s been out all day, and our phone isn’t ringing. | 消息已经满天飞了 我们的电话也没响 |
[52:08] | The ministers, Nerese, the caucus, they’re willing to live with Daniels apparently. | 部长 Nerese 黑人立法协会 显然他们可以接受Daniels |
[52:12] | Thanks anyway. | 还是谢谢你 |
[52:20] | Thinking you can cut Clay loose, huh? | 你自以为可以甩掉Clay了是不 |
[52:23] | Thinking I’m done. | 觉得我玩儿完了 |
[52:53] | Came to see my account. | 我来看我的账户 |
[52:57] | Y’all got my money in here? | 里面有我的钱吗 |
[53:06] | This mine. Y’all got my money. | 这是我的 你们这儿有我的钱 |
[53:08] | we missed you. | (法语)是的 先生 |
[53:22] | – What? | – (法语)请出示证件 – 什么 |
[53:26] | – Yeah. | – (法语)这个 – 是的 |
[53:42] | So you string together Barlow’s murder | 所以你把Barlow那宗谋杀案 |
[53:45] | and Cole’s unconnected case and yours, | 和Cole的和你的无关案子扯上关系 |
[53:47] | which is natural to begin with… | 这样就能自然而然的开展调查… |
[53:49] | Instant serial killer, which I thought would get the brass | 即兴连环杀手 我本以为会逼Brass |
[53:52] | to begin kicking out some money to work real cases. | 扔点钱出来让我们查真正的案子 |
[53:54] | – Like Marlo? – Like Marlo. | – 好比Marlo – 好比Marlo |
[54:01] | Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain? | 你脑子里居然还装着这种鸟想法 |
[54:04] | Yeah. If you don’t want to listen to your partner, | 是啊 如果你不听老搭档的 |
[54:06] | then listen to Lester. He has all the wisdom you need. | 听听Lester的怎么说 他够聪明了吧 |
[54:08] | Joke of it is, no one gives a fuck about a serial killer, | 可笑的是 根本没在在乎连环杀手 |
[54:12] | not unless he’s carving up some pretty coed or some shit. | 只要他杀的不是学生什么的 |
[54:15] | Sun papers put the story in their back pages. | 太阳报把这新闻放在尾页上 |
[54:18] | – You fucked up. – Yeah. Tell him. | – 你搞砸了 – 对 跟他说 |
[54:21] | No. I mean, if you want to do it right, a straight-up strangle’s not enough. | 不 我是说 如果你真想成事儿的话 一个简单的扼杀案根本不够 |
[54:26] | Not if it’s some vagrant. | 在死的只是流浪汉的情况下 |
[54:32] | Sensationalize it. | 把这事夸大 |
[54:34] | Give the killer some fucked-up fantasy, | 给杀手安个什么妄想症的名头 |
[54:36] | something bad, real bad. | 要极为变态 令人发指的那种 |
[54:39] | It’s got to grip the hearts and minds, | 要能紧抓住观者的胃口 |
[54:41] | give the people what they want from a serial killer. | 打造个他们想看到的连环杀手 |
[54:44] | – Lester, what the fuck? – No. You’re onto something. | – Lester 你搞什么 – 不 你这事有戏 |
[54:48] | I only need a few weeks to pull down Marlo Stanfield. | 我再需几个礼拜 就能把Marlo Stanfield逮捕归案 |
[54:50] | You fly this mess right, you can give it to me. | 你别把这事搞砸 就能给我那几个礼拜 |
[54:53] | Who gives a damn if we fake a couple of murders | 谁会在乎我们捏造几个 |
[54:56] | that we’re never gonna solve, huh? | 本来就破不了的谋杀案 |
[54:58] | The dead men don’t care. | 死人不在乎 |
[55:00] | No one cares. | 没人在乎 |
[55:02] | But if it’s gonna get the bosses to throw down enough coin to do police work… | 但如果能让上头拿几个钱出来查案 |
[55:05] | I’m out. I’m out of here. | 我走了 我待不下去了 |
[55:15] | We got to give your killer a name. | 我们得给你的连环杀手想个名号 |
[55:17] | We have to kill again. | 我们必须再犯次案 |
[55:36] | Poppy, we’ve got to cook one of these one night. | 老兄 总有一天我们得把这个弄来吃 |
[55:38] | – Yeah, right on. – Nice little dinner. | – 说的是 – 弄顿美味的晚餐 |
[55:41] | Omar Omar Omar Omar, Omar, Omar! | |
[55:46] | Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. | 慢慢来 慢慢来 别急 别急 |
[55:49] | All right, all right. Here you go. | 好吧 好吧 拿去 |
[55:51] | Tomorrow, OK? | Mana 明天再来 好不好 |
[55:54] | – Tomorrow. – Mana Poppy | – 明天 – Mana Poppy |
[55:55] | Mana Alexis Mana Alexis | |
[56:36] | Hey, ‘Naldo, cous’ got to find out where they got Honey Nut, yo, | 嘿 Naldo 你兄弟得找找 哪儿有卖蜂蜜燕麦圈的 |
[56:41] | if they expect us to call this spit o’ land home. | 如果他指望我们把这鸟大的地方当家的话 |