时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | Gotta be somewhere. You wanna keep goin’? | 肯定在哪 要继续找吗 |
[01:09] | Officer Smith, ma’am. | 我是Smith警员 女士 |
[01:13] | We’re looking for a man went after a woman last night | 我们再找一个昨晚攻击一名女子的男人 |
[01:15] | at Esplanda Apartments aruound right behind you. | 就在你后面的Esplanda公寓 |
[01:17] | – Heard anything unusual? – No, sorry. | – 有听到什么反常的声音吗 – 不好意思 没有 |
[01:20] | Oh my God, that’s terrible. Is the woman all right? | 天啊 太可怕了 那女的还好吧 |
[01:22] | – The woman, is she all right? – Yeah, she good. | – 那名女子 她还好吧 – 嗯 还好 |
[01:31] | Excuse me. My brother, Omar Little, came here last night. | 不好意思 我哥哥 Omar Little 昨晚来的 |
[01:34] | He fell out the damn window. | 他从那该死的窗口摔了下来 |
[01:37] | – We don’t have anyone by that name. – He was kinda high. | – 没这个名字 – 他可能嗑高了 |
[01:40] | Probably messed up his name. Real dark, got himself a scar. | 搞错了名字 人很黑 脸上有道疤 |
[01:44] | Legs should be busted up real bad. | 腿伤得很严重 |
[01:45] | No one with that type of injury came in last night. | 昨晚我们没接收过那样伤情的病人 |
[01:56] | Not a goddamn thing. | 毛都没有 |
[01:57] | Been in every trash can,dumpster, vacant for three blocks ’round. | 我们翻遍了附近三个街区的 每间空屋 每个垃圾桶 |
[02:01] | – Nothin’. – We even checked down the sewers. | – 一无所获 – 我们甚至连下水道都找过了 |
[02:08] | – Marlo wanna meet. – So what you want us to do? | – Marlo要见面 – 你要我们怎么做 |
[02:24] | Which one? | 哪间 |
[02:36] | – Don’t seem possible. – It don’t. | – 怎么可能 – 是不可能 |
[02:39] | That some Spiderman shit there. | 跟蜘蛛侠一样犀利啊 |
[02:44] | We missed our shot. | 我们错失了大好良机 |
[02:47] | Now he gonna be at us. | 现在轮到他对付我们了 |
[04:41] | Usually, my staff tries to keep sharp objects out of my hands. | 平时我的幕僚都不让我拿锋利的东西 |
[04:52] | You know, it all started with Charles Center and Tommy d’Alesandro | 众所周知 先是Charles Center和Tommy d’Alesandro |
[04:56] | and it continued with William Donald Schaefer and Harborplace. | 接着是William Donald Schaefer 和港区 |
[04:59] | And following that, there were mayors Schmoke and O’Malley with Inner Harbor East. | 那之后是Schmoke和O’Malley市长的 内港东部地区 |
[05:04] | Well, today it is my administration’s turn to | 现在轮到我的政府 |
[05:06] | lay claim to the middle branch of the Patapsco | 在Patapsco中部烙下我们的烙印 |
[05:08] | and what will soon become known as New Westport, | 这里很快会成为新的西港 |
[05:11] | revitalizing another waterfront area of our great city. | 为我们伟大的城市又一个滨水区迎来复兴 |
[05:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:18] | Say goodbye to Locust Point South. | 跟Locust南湾头说再见吧 |
[05:23] | – Fuck you, Krawczyk. – Yeah, fuck you | – 去你的 Krawczyk – 就是 去你的 |
[05:27] | greedhead motherfucker. | 混蛋爱尔兰佬 |
[05:28] | Fuck you for tearing down the port of Baltimore | 去你妈的 拆了巴尔的摩的港口 |
[05:30] | and selling it to some yuppie assholes from Washington. | 卖给华盛顿的雅皮混蛋 |
[05:33] | – C’mon, buddy. – This is bullshit. | – 拜托 伙计 – 狗屎 |
[05:35] | – Who the hell’s that? – That’s nobody, Mr. Mayor. It’s nobody at all. | – 谁啊 – 小人物 市长先生 他屁都不算 |
[07:22] | – You happy now, bitch? – I am content, yes. | – 高兴了? 贱人 – 是 我很满意 |
[07:25] | – You called the reporter? – No, actually. | – 你给记者打电话了? – 其实没有 |
[07:28] | That asshole’s making up his own shit. | 那混球自己意淫呢 |
[07:32] | Brass called a press conference for this afternoon. | Brass中午要开个新闻发布会 |
[07:35] | They’ll be shoveling so much money at my bullshit it’ll make your head spin. | 他们会给我大笔钱查案 你见了都晕 |
[07:39] | – What’s with all the casework? – Bodies from the vacants. | – 拿那么多档案干嘛 – 空屋案 |
[07:42] | – Some still missing lab work. – Pathetic… | – 还有些都还没化验 – 悲剧… |
[07:45] | And some of them have been worked pretty good. | 有些还进展不错 |
[07:48] | You know what, Jimmy? | 知道吗 Jimmy? |
[07:50] | I’m gonna go back to the beginning and work every one of them again. | 我得从头开始 把他们每一个都查过 |
[07:52] | Back to square one. | 从头开始 |
[07:54] | You know why? Because I’m a murder police. | 知道为什么吗 因为我是查凶杀案的警察 |
[07:57] | I work murders. | 我抓凶手 |
[07:58] | I don’t fuck with no make-believe, I don’t jerk shit around. | 我不弄虚作假 不来阴的 |
[08:01] | I catch a murder and I work it. | 我抓凶手 查案子 |
[08:04] | Working this shit like I’m supposed to. | 尽我的职责 |
[08:07] | Well, let me know if you need anything, all right? | 你有需要的话尽管开口 行吗 |
[08:10] | Cars, some OT, some lab work… Anything you need. | 车啊 加班啊 化验啊… 尽管开口 |
[08:13] | Because in three or four hours the money’s gonna flow on my case. | 因为再有三四个小时我的案子就有资金了 |
[08:17] | Whatever you need, I’m probably gonna have more of it than even Lester could use. | 要多少给多少 Bunk 我估计拿到的Lester花也花不完 |
[08:28] | To be that close to a serial killer. It must be weird. | 跟一个连环杀手那么接近 一定很诡异 |
[08:32] | Kinda. Yeah. | 有点吧 |
[08:34] | – Wonderful story, Scott. – Yeah, well, it kinda wrote itself. | – 精彩的报道 Scott – 是啊 故事本身就很吸引人 |
[08:38] | It’s lucky to have the guy call me like he did… | 很幸运那家伙找我… |
[08:40] | It comes from pounding the pavement, right? That’s more than luck. | 那都是走访的功劳 可不只是幸运 |
[08:42] | That’s putting yourself in the place where the story comes to you. | 你是到了新闻会找上你的地方 |
[08:45] | – What do you have for tomorrow? – for tomorrow? | – 明天有什么想法 – 明天? |
[08:47] | This is not the kind of thing we let go of after a day or two. | 这新闻我们可不能就炒个一两天 |
[08:51] | I was thinking that if I spent a night with the homeless, you know. | 我想着跟流浪汉混上一晚 |
[08:56] | Did what they did. Saw what they saw. that kinda thing. | 做他们做的事 见他们所见 之类的 |
[08:58] | i mean If it’s an overnight thing, I couldn’t get it for tomorrow, | 我是说如果通宵的话 明天可交不了 |
[09:01] | – but the next day, sure… – That’s great. | – 但后天就没问题了… – 太好了 |
[09:03] | That could be the perfect follow. I’ll speak to Gus. | 这会是个完美的跟踪报道 我去跟Gus说 |
[09:07] | Also, Scott. We’ve been taking calls from some of the networks and cable outlets. | 还有 Scott 我们一直接到些 广播公司和有线电视的电话 |
[09:10] | – They’re looking for you to go on-camera. – Me? On television? | – 他们想让你上镜头 – 我? 上电视? |
[09:13] | I’d avoid locals, but if you can do the national stuff responsibly… | 我会避开本地的节目 但如果你愿负责地上些全国性的… |
[09:17] | Sure, yeah. | 当然可以 |
[09:18] | I mean,I’m just not all that comfortable having myself | 我是说 我有点不太能接受 |
[09:20] | in the center of the story like this. | 处在事件的中心 |
[09:22] | Of course not. But there is a way of handling this responsibly. | 当然 但总有负责的处置办法 |
[09:25] | Just remember you’re an ambassador for the paper. | 记住你是本报的形象大使 |
[09:31] | Star time. | 明星时段 |
[09:35] | How about that? | 是啊 又怎么样 |
[09:37] | Homelessness? | 无家可归? |
[09:38] | Our coverage should reflect the Dickensian aspect of the homeless. | 我们的报道可以折射出 狄更斯笔下的流浪汉生活 |
[09:42] | The human element. | 那些人性元素 |
[09:43] | Scott will lead it off, spending a night on the streets | Scott牵头 在街上过一晚 |
[09:46] | and writing from that perspective. | 从这个视角写 |
[09:47] | scott?He’s the lead on your education project. | Scott? 他要做你的教育题材 |
[09:49] | i think We need to get him back on the… | 我认为我们得把他放回… |
[09:51] | I don’t see the school project as yielding the same kind of impact | 我不认为学校的题材有流浪汉 |
[09:56] | as our attention to homelessness can. | 的情况影响大 |
[09:58] | These murders, the phone call to our reporter. | 凶手 给记者的电话 |
[10:01] | It really opens up the issue.dont you think? | 大有文章可做 不是吗 |
[10:03] | – Yeah, but… – From now till the end of the year, | – 是 但… – 从现在开始到年底 |
[10:05] | let’s focus not only on covering the murders, | 我们不仅要报道那些凶手 |
[10:08] | but on the nature of homelessness itself. | 还要关注无家可归者这个人群的状况 |
[10:12] | The Dickensian aspect of it. Yeah. | 狄更斯笔下的世界 是啊 |
[10:19] | I’ve reached a point, Detective Sydnor, | 我到一个点了 Sydnor警探 |
[10:23] | where I no longer have the time or patience left | 我再没有时间和耐性 |
[10:25] | to address myself to the needs of the system within which we work. | 让自己限制在系统的条条框框里了 |
[10:31] | – I’m tired. – You’re gonna quit? | – 我累了 – 你要退休? |
[10:33] | Not yet. Not just yet. | 还没有 还没到时候 |
[10:35] | So what are you talking about? | 那你什么意思 |
[10:37] | When they took us off Marlo this last time, | 他们这次让我们放弃查Marlo |
[10:40] | when they said they couldn’t pay for further investigation, | 说他们没钱进行进一步调查 |
[10:44] | I regarded that decision as illegitimate. | 我认为这个决定是不合法的 |
[10:47] | – Illegitimate? – And so… | – 不合法? – 因此… |
[10:49] | I’m responding in kind. | 我要礼尚往来 |
[10:50] | I’m going to press a caseagainst Marlo Stanfield without regard to the usual rules. | 我要用非常规手段调查Marlo Stanfield |
[11:08] | I’m running an illegal wiretap on Marlo Stanfield’s cellphone. | 我要非法窃听Marlo Stanfield的手机 |
[11:12] | – Fuck. Lester? – If you have a problem with this, | – 靠 Lester? – 如果你有意见 |
[11:15] | I understand completely | 我完全理解 |
[11:17] | and I urge you to get as far fucking away from me as you can. | 并且我强烈要求你离我越远越好 |
[11:45] | You remember this one here? | 记得这个吗 |
[11:47] | I backed away from jackin’ the boy up outta respect for that goofy motherfucker Prez. | 我出于对傻小子Prez的尊重 没找这孩子麻烦 |
[11:52] | Wonder what the young man might tell me a year later, though… | 想知道这小伙一年后会告诉我什么… |
[11:57] | What the fuck is this? | 什么玩意 |
[11:59] | Vernon here did a search warranton his dead guy’s appliance store | Vernon搜查了他手上某受害人的五金店 |
[12:02] | pulled all of that out of the desk drawer. | 从桌子抽屉里翻出来的 |
[12:05] | – Grand jury shit? – Transcripts, sealed indictments… | – 大陪审团的文件? – 副本 密封的起诉状… |
[12:08] | – Who’s your murder? – Eastside dealer by the name of Joe Stewart. | – 死者是谁 – 东区叫Joe Stewart的毒贩 |
[12:11] | Caught one in the back of his head the other night. | 昨晚后脑挨了一枪 |
[12:13] | Somebody finally touched Prop Joe. | 终于有人动Prop Joe了 |
[12:16] | You remember when Narcotics indicted Charlie Burman last year? | 记得去年缉毒科要指控Charlie Burman吗 |
[12:19] | Motherfucker ran a couple days before the raids, still on the wing. | 那混球在逮捕前几天跑路了 依然在逃 |
[12:22] | The sealed indictments are all in there. Every one of ’em. | 密封的起诉状都在这儿呢 所有的 |
[12:28] | Who don’t we trust at the courthouse? | 法院里我们最不信任的是谁 |
[12:30] | – They put cheese on them fries? – They can. Chili too. | – 他们在炸薯条上放芝士? – 对啊 还放辣椒呢 |
[12:33] | – All right, then. – You want a drink with that? | – 好吧 – 要喝的吗 |
[12:35] | – Strawberry lemonade. – All right, I’m on it. | – 草莓柠檬水 – 好的 我去买 |
[12:38] | They’re back on cellphones. After more than a year? | 他们又用手机了 过了一年多之后? |
[12:40] | – That they are. – Tell me they’re talking in code, Lester. | – 是啊 – 告诉我他们是在说暗语 Lester |
[12:44] | I wanna go to jail for snatchin’ something better than Marlo’s lunch order. | 我可不想因为窃听Marlo的午餐订单进监狱 |
[12:48] | There’s no code that I can tell. Half dozen calls. | 听不出什么暗语 好几个电话了 |
[12:51] | All routine. No drug talk, no numbers, no times… | 都是日常对话 不提及毒品 没数字 时间… |
[12:55] | Nothing but what they seem. | 只说他们看见的东西 |
[12:57] | So he ain’t doing business with the phone then. | 那他们就不是用电话谈生意 |
[12:59] | Take this mess down. Let’s get outta here. | 关了吧 我们出去吧 |
[13:01] | I also have five calls, 30 to 40 seconds’ duration, | 我还听到5个电话 持续时间30到40秒 |
[13:05] | each one picked up on the first ring | 每个都是响第一声就接 |
[13:07] | each one with nothing whatsoever said between parties. | 两边都不说话 |
[13:11] | You see? When they talk, it’s bullshit. | 懂吗 他们说的都是屁话 |
[13:14] | But there are calls where no one says a thing. | 但有些电话是大家都不出声的 |
[13:17] | Thirty seconds, without conversation. | 30秒 不说话 |
[13:26] | Is he… | 他… |
[13:28] | We talked it through, he knows the risks. | 我们谈过了 他知道风险 |
[13:31] | I’m in. If it makes the fucking case, I’m in all the way. | 算我一个 如果能立得了案 我当仁不让 |
[13:36] | So, what’s up now? They talking dirt? | 现在怎么样 他们有说坏事吗 |
[13:38] | – No. – Lester. Fuck. | – 没有 – Lester 我操 |
[13:40] | Marlo’s not gonna talk dirt on the phone, but there’s something to this. | Marlo不会在电话里谈坏事的 但有些猫腻 |
[13:43] | I just haven’t figured it out. | 我只是还没想明白 |
[13:47] | We could use some more manpower | 我们需要些人手 |
[13:48] | we need a couple of surveillance teams to get on these guys | 需要些人监视这些家伙 |
[13:51] | to see how they using the phones. | 搞清楚他们是怎么用手机的 |
[13:53] | You see the newspaper today? | 你今天看报纸了吗 |
[13:55] | Headline like that, the bosses are gonna start throwing money at the homeless murders. | 这样的头版头条 老大们会给流浪汉谋杀案投钱的 |
[14:00] | When they do, I’ll peel off a couple detectives, throw them your way. | 到时候我会拨几个人给你 |
[14:10] | The homeless murders? How does that case tangle in with this? | 流浪汉谋杀案? 那案子怎么会搅和进来的 |
[14:14] | Hard to explain. | 一言难尽 |
[14:21] | Remember what the DNC folks told me two years ago? | 记得党代会那些家伙两年前怎么跟我说的吗 |
[14:24] | How to take the statehouse? | 怎么入主州政府 |
[14:26] | Build something downtown and stick your name on it, | 在市中心建个刻着你名字的玩意 |
[14:28] | get the crime to go down, and stay away from schools. | 降低犯罪率 远离学校 |
[14:32] | – And keep my boyish good looks. – One out of four ain’t bad. | – 维持我的年轻美好形象 – 这四个里起码有个做得不错 |
[14:35] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[14:37] | Did we have to schedule this the same day as New Westport? | 一定要安排在跟新西港同一天吗 |
[14:40] | My good news isn’t even going to make the front of the local section. | 我的好消息连地方新闻首页都进不了了 |
[14:43] | The ribbon-cutting was scheduled two weeks ago. | 剪彩两周前就安排好了 |
[14:45] | the homeless thing coming No one saw . | 没人能聊到这流浪汉的谋杀案 |
[14:54] | First of all, I’m surprised to see so much media here. | 首先 我很讶异会在此看到这么多媒体 |
[14:57] | A press event held earlier today to announce the revitalization | 今天早些时候有个宣布我们的城市 |
[15:00] | of yet another part of our city was not so well attended. | 复兴计划的新闻发布会 参加率没那么高 |
[15:03] | It would appear that media attention is always focusing on the negatives in Baltimore | 显然媒体的注意力往往集中在 巴尔的摩的负面新闻上 |
[15:07] | but you aren’t around when we’re making real progress. | 但我们取得进步时你们却不闻不问 |
[15:10] | Still, I’m glad to see so many of you here. | 不过 我还是很高兴你们能到来 |
[15:12] | Some of you representing not just our local media, | 你们中有些代表的不仅是本地的媒体 |
[15:14] | but national attention to this problem. | 还代表全国对这一问题的关注 |
[15:17] | Thank you for caring enough about our most vulnerable citizens | 感谢你们对我们最弱势的群体的关心 |
[15:20] | to address yourselves to this tragedy. | 来参与报道这个惨剧 |
[15:22] | Our homeless citizens, those who have fallen through the cracks of our society, | 我们的流浪汉人口 被社会遗忘的人 |
[15:26] | those who command the least of our attentions and efforts, | 没人注意关心他们 |
[15:30] | they seemingly have little to endear themselves to politicians. | 也不受政客的喜爱 |
[15:33] | They don’t vote, by and large. They don’t contribute to campaigns. | 他们大多不会投票 对竞选可有可无 |
[15:37] | They offer little to a city’s tax base, | 对城市税基贡献甚微 |
[15:39] | and to the extent that our government is made aware of their existence, | 在其他方面也难以让政府察觉他们的存在 |
[15:41] | it responds by trying to mitigate the damage done by their presence. | 政府只会试图缓解他们的存在带来的伤痛 |
[15:45] | We open a food bank here, a shelter there. | 我们这儿建个食品站 那儿建个庇护所 |
[15:48] | We try to move them away from downtown, | 我们试图把他们赶出市区 |
[15:50] | away from our communal areas, away from our schools, away from our homes. | 让他们远离社区 学校 远离我们的家 |
[15:54] | If you were to judge our society by the manner in which we treat those lost on our streets, | 如果以我们的社会对待这些 流离街头的人的方式来评判这个社会 |
[15:58] | we would have cause to be shamed. | 我们该感到羞愧 |
[16:01] | Well, I am, God forgive me, a politician. | 愿上帝宽恕 我是个政客 |
[16:04] | But I ran for public office because I believe that there is a different way of governing. | 但我因相信能有不一样的治理方式而竞选公职 |
[16:09] | And I believe that in the end we will be judge not by the efforts | 我相信最终评判我们的标准 |
[16:13] | we make on behalf of those who vote for us, who contribute to our campaigns, | 不是我们给予那些给我们投票 为竞选付出的人 |
[16:16] | or those who provide for our tax base. | 又或者是得到纳税人多少帮助 |
[16:18] | I believe that we will be judged by what we provide to the weakest and most vulnerable. | 我相信我们做得好坏取决于 我们能提供给弱势人群什么 |
[16:22] | That is the test. That is my test. | 这是个考验 一个对我的考验 |
[16:26] | Somebody is killing homeless men in this city. | 有人在杀害这城市的流浪汉 |
[16:30] | there Taking the lives of fellow citizens who do not have the means or the strength | 他们在夺取那些无力保护自己的人的生命 |
[16:34] | to properly protect themselves. They will be stopped. | 必须阻止他们 |
[16:37] | We will do everything in our power to stop them. | 我们要尽一切可能阻止他们 |
[16:39] | You have my word on this. | 我说到做到 |
[16:45] | Thank you, Mr. Mayor. | 谢谢 市长先生 |
[16:46] | – What got into you? – What? | – 你吃错什么药了 – 干嘛 |
[16:49] | I want to assure the public | 我向公众保证 |
[16:50] | that we are doing everything possible in our power to apprehend this subject. | 我们会尽一切可能逮捕这个犯人 |
[16:55] | Homicide detectives are working around clock. | 凶杀科警探正加班加点 |
[16:57] | District officers are in contact with the agencies that work with the homeless. | 分区警员也在同为流浪汉提供帮助的机构沟通 |
[17:01] | I cannot go into specifics of the investigation | 我不能公开调查的细节 |
[17:05] | but, with that caveat, I will take questions. | 但在此前提下 我可以接受提问 |
[17:09] | Commissioner, is there any connection between these murders and those | 局长 这些凶案与去年的空屋案 |
[17:12] | – in the vacant homes last year? – No connection. | – 有联系吗 – 没有 |
[17:15] | Commissioner | 局长 |
[17:17] | are you asking the FBI to join in the investigation? | 你会请求FBI介入调查吗 |
[17:20] | I think deputy commissioner Daniels is in a position to elaborate on that. | 副局长Daniels会详细说明 |
[17:32] | We’ll take whatever help is offered. | 我们接受任何帮助 |
[17:35] | certainly Our detectives will work closely with the behavioral analysis unit at Quantico… | 当然我们的警探会与Quantico的 行为分析小组密切配合… |
[17:38] | Deputy, even with all the resources at your disposal, | 副局长 即便以你目前能动用的资源 |
[17:42] | isn’t it extremely difficult to catch a serial killer? | 抓捕一名连环杀手不是依然很困难吗 |
[17:45] | Our ability to secure genetic material and the growing DNA data bank | 我们拥有仅在几年前还达不到的 保存遗传物质的能力 |
[17:49] | are assets unavailable to us even a few years ago. | 和高速增长的DNA数据库 |
[17:51] | and Our ability to effectively use resources | 我们高效利用自身资源的能力 |
[17:53] | has been increased with the aid of sophisticated computer software. | 也随着精密的电脑软件的使用大为增强 |
[17:56] | And we have some of the best criminal investigators in the nation working 24/7. | 我们还有一些国内最好的 犯罪调查人员全天候工作 |
[18:01] | As the mayor made very clear a moment ago | 正如市长刚刚声明的 |
[18:03] | this is now a priority for the department. | 现在这是警局的首要任务 |
[18:07] | Has a note been found at any of the scenes? | 有在现场发现什么线索吗 |
[18:09] | I’m not at liberty to go into any details of the investigation at this time. | 此刻我无权透露调查细节 |
[18:21] | You want me to hang? | 要我待着吗 |
[18:39] | He told you who I am, right? | 他告诉你我是谁了吧 |
[18:44] | Son, the thing about murder | 孩子 谋杀这档事 |
[18:47] | is it never goes off the books. | 永远不会善罢甘休 |
[18:49] | I mean, we work on ’em for weeks, months, years. | 我是说 我们会一周一周 一月一月 一年一年地查下去 |
[18:52] | We keep on with it until finally someone decides they’ve had enough, | 我们坚持不懈 直到有人觉得受够了 |
[18:57] | until we get the right word from the right person. | 直到我们从正确的人那儿获得正确的消息 |
[19:01] | And you know what happens then? | 你知道那之后会怎么样吗 |
[19:12] | When a case does go down… | 当一个案子尘埃落定… |
[19:16] | all those people who kept quiet about it | 那些沉默的人 |
[19:19] | who lied about it | 撒谎的人 |
[19:20] | all of them who thought it wasn’t coming back on ’em, | 那些认为报应不到他身上的人 |
[19:23] | they end up catchin’ a charge. And they get time behind that. | 都会背上罪名 并为此服刑 |
[19:28] | Time? | 服刑? |
[19:30] | You gonna give me time? | 你要让我服刑? |
[19:41] | If you know something about that boy Lex getting shot | 如果你对Lex被杀一事知道些什么 |
[19:44] | now is your last chance to speak to that. | 这是你最后一次开口的机会了 |
[19:48] | – You gave a statement last year… – Why don’t you promise to get me outta here? | – 你去年给过一份口供… – 你干嘛不允诺把我从这弄出去 |
[19:53] | That’s what y’all do, ain’t it? | 你们都这么干 不是吗 |
[19:54] | Lie to dumbass niggers? | 欺骗愚蠢的黑鬼 |
[20:01] | Yo, y’all need to get this police out my face before I bank his ass. | 在我给这警察一顿老拳前 别让我再看见他 |
[20:17] | You’re a natural, kiddo. | 你是个天才 孩子 |
[20:19] | You had them eating out of your hand. | 你把媒体玩弄于股掌之上 |
[20:20] | Shit, I was just following the mayor’s lead. | 靠 我只是跟着市长的话风走 |
[20:22] | He wants a full-court press, right? | 他想要个满场的新闻发布会 |
[20:29] | We can add a detective or two. | 我们可以增加一两个警探 |
[20:30] | And you can ask patrol to concentrate on posts where vagrants congregate. | 你可以让巡逻队集中巡逻流浪汉聚居地 |
[20:34] | But other than that, deputy, the cupboard is bare. | 但除此之外 副局长 我们无能为力 |
[20:37] | – But Carcetti… – Make no mistake. | – 但Carcetti说… – 别误会 |
[20:39] | He wants us to solve the murders. | 他是想让我们解决案子 |
[20:41] | He just doesn’t want it to cost. | 只是他不想花钱 |
[20:44] | Don’t look so shocked. | 别那么惊讶 |
[20:45] | You’re runnin’ with the big dogs now. | 你现在也是上层人物了 |
[20:50] | Isn’t it enough that we’re up on the killer’s cellphone? | 我们搞清了凶手的手机还不够么 |
[20:52] | Couldn’t you track him on the GPS chip? | 你们就不能追踪他的GPS芯片? |
[20:55] | He’s using a burner | 他在用即弃手机 |
[20:57] | and we suspect he’s taking out the battery between calls. | 还有我们怀疑他打完电话会把电池取出来 |
[20:59] | And there’s nothing to stop him from changing phones, | 也没什么能阻止他换电话 |
[21:02] | calling the reporter from a new number. | 用个新号码给记者打电话 |
[21:04] | So you want to tap the reporter’s phone as well. | 所以你们还想录下记者的电话 |
[21:06] | It stands to reason that we should monitor this thing from both ends. | 我们当然要监控电话两头 |
[21:10] | It’s what we would normally do. | 我们通常都这么干 |
[21:12] | Nothing about this is normal. | 这没什么通常不通常的 |
[21:14] | A Baltimore Sun reporter’s phone is problematic. | 一个巴尔的摩太阳报记者的电话有问题 |
[21:17] | We need to strike a balance | 我们得在调查需要 |
[21:18] | between your needs as investigators | 和第一修正案赋予太阳报及其线人的权利间 |
[21:20] | and the First Amendment rights of the Sun and its sources. | 保持平衡 |
[21:23] | The First Amendment does not guarantee privacy, your Honor. | 第一修正案并未保障隐私 法官阁下 |
[21:27] | Legal precedent clearly indicates… | 有案例清楚地表明… |
[21:28] | Look I’m not saying that we can’t, | 听着 我不是说我们不能监听 |
[21:30] | – but… – But what? | – 但… – 但什么 |
[21:34] | Until we get the sense | 但直到我们确认 |
[21:36] | that your suspect is changing phones, | 你的疑犯换用手机 |
[21:40] | I’m not inclined to look with favor | 我不倾向于批准 |
[21:42] | on tapping the Baltimore Sun’s telecommunications. | 监听巴尔的摩太阳报的电话通讯 |
[21:46] | We’re afraid to piss them off? | 还怕惹火他们? |
[21:47] | Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel-full. | 永远不要和握笔杆子的起争执 |
[21:51] | – Christ. – Very well, judge. | – 老天 – 那好吧 法官 |
[22:02] | How many enemies do you need? | 你要树多少敌啊 |
[22:08] | Deputy. | 副局长 |
[22:26] | Where did you get all this? | 哪儿弄来的 |
[22:28] | Darling, you do not want to know. | 亲爱的 你不会想知道的 |
[22:35] | What’s up with you? | 你怎么了 |
[22:38] | Got all 22 out of the drawer? | 22单都摆出来了? |
[22:40] | Workin’ the whole mess at once. | 一次查那么多 |
[22:41] | I’m trying to see ’em fresh. | 我想重新过一遍 |
[22:45] | 25. My triple. | 25了 我的三尸案 |
[22:46] | It comes back to Marlo and his people. | 查到了Marlo和他手下身上 |
[22:48] | For sure? | 确定? |
[22:50] | A good informant tells me so. | 一个优秀的线人告诉我的 |
[22:52] | Says one of my vics was talking bad about Mr. Stanfield, who took it personal. | 说我其中一个受害人说Stanfield先生的坏话 他报复了 |
[22:56] | Killed him, his girl, his muscle. | 杀了他 他女人和打手 |
[22:58] | Left the little kids alive, so I guess he ain’t all bad. | 放了孩子一条生路 我想他还不算太坏 |
[23:01] | People out there so scared of this motherfucker, | 外面的人都怕了这混球 |
[23:03] | I can’t get close to an eyewitness on any of it. | 我找不到任何目击证人 |
[23:08] | Where you at with the rest of these cases? | 你其他案子进展如何了 |
[23:10] | We don’t even have lab work on 14 of these bodies? | 有14具尸体还没检验过呢 |
[23:13] | A year later I’m still walking in written requests into Landsman, | 一年了 我还是不停给Landsman写申请 |
[23:16] | who just files them away in his drawer. | 他就把申请塞进抽屉 |
[23:18] | McNulty would’ve called a news reporter. | 要是McNulty就会给记者打电话 |
[23:20] | I am not him. | 我可不是他 |
[23:22] | Well, what would the Bunk do? | 那Bunk会怎么做 |
[23:24] | Take no for a fucking answer? | 接受被拒绝吗 |
[23:29] | We had cutbacks, you know that. | 我们预算被削减了 你知道的 |
[23:31] | We lost three or four trace examiners. | 我们走了三四个测试员 |
[23:34] | Lost half our clerical. | 少了半数的文书 |
[23:35] | The freezer went bad, we lost four months of blood samples. | 冰箱坏了 损失了四个月的血样 |
[23:38] | Did you know that? | 你们知道吗 |
[23:39] | Four months of evidence and they still haven’t replaced my damn icebox. | 四个月的证物啊 他们还不给我换个冰箱 |
[23:43] | My heart pumps purple piss for you. | 我也替你不爽啊 |
[23:45] | Now, I got the worst mass murder in B-more history | 现在我手头上是巴尔的摩历史上 最大规模的谋杀案 |
[23:48] | and you can’t get the trace work back to me inside of a year? C’mon, Ron… | 你却不能在一年内完成鉴证工作? 拜托 Ron… |
[23:52] | Look… | 听着… |
[23:54] | You can’t go to the press. | 你不能向媒体曝光 |
[23:57] | I mean, heads will roll if this gets out. | 我是说 事情传出去有人就要遭殃了 |
[23:59] | It isn’t anyone’s fault. | 这不是谁的错 |
[24:01] | In fact, it’s a little bit on you, in a way. | 事实上 某种程度上这还得怪你 |
[24:04] | The fuck you say? | 你他妈说什么 |
[24:06] | After Annette took retirement, | Annette退休后 |
[24:08] | the casework got backed up worse than ever, right? | 文书工作就难做了 |
[24:11] | Well, we put in to fill the lab assistant slot, | 我们申请来个人填补实验室助手的空缺 |
[24:13] | but with the cutbacks, the best they could give us was a temp. | 但由于预算裁减 他们只能给我们找个临时工 |
[24:16] | A temp? | 临时工? |
[24:17] | Yeah. No medical. No pension. | 对 不用医疗保险 退休金 |
[24:19] | A temp hire to get us over for a while. | 雇个临时工让我们挨过去 |
[24:23] | Look, I’ll show you something… | 来吧 给你们看点东西… |
[24:25] | She was assigned to sort and file the individual trace elements… | 我们让她整理和归类人体证物… |
[24:30] | Hair, fiber mostly… | 头发 纤维… |
[24:34] | You know, from each of the 14 scenes. | 你知道 14个犯罪现场的证据 |
[24:38] | So what’s the problem? | 那有什么问题 |
[24:40] | In the initial paperwork, | 在最开始的案件里 |
[24:41] | you wrote out all 22 CC numbers, right? | 你写了大约22个案件编号 对吧 |
[24:44] | – Right. – But in the supplemental requests, | – 对 – 但在补充要求里 |
[24:46] | you put all the incidents under the initial CC | 你把所有事件都写在第一个编号下 |
[24:49] | and then you wrote, | 接着你写了 |
[24:50] | – “et al,” remember? – So? | – “等” 记得吗 – 所以呢 |
[24:52] | She didn’t know what “et al” meant. | 她搞不清楚”等”是指什么 |
[24:55] | And she sorted everything under the single complaint number. | 所以她把所有东西都弄到一个案件编号下了 |
[24:58] | – You don’t fuckin’ mean… – Yeah. | – 你他妈不会是说… – 对 |
[24:59] | We have no idea which one of your scenes any of this shit came from. | 我们不知道这些分别从哪个犯罪现场来的 |
[25:04] | We don’t have a clue. | 毫无头绪 |
[25:11] | Actually, except for this she’s been a pretty good employee. | 事实上 除此之外她还是个不错的员工 |
[25:27] | – Surveillance teams. – Two each on 12-hour shifts. | – 监视小组 – 两个 轮当12小时班 |
[25:30] | I need them to set up on certain locations common to our cases. | 我要他们监控某些跟案子有关的地方 |
[25:34] | C’mon, Jay. You heard the mayor. This case is a red ball. | 拜托 Jay 市长也说了 这案子要优先处理 |
[25:36] | That it is. You can have Greggs, if you want. | 那是 你需要的话Greggs听你调遣 |
[25:40] | The last time I offered her up, you kicked her back to her own casework. | 上次我让她帮你 你还把她赶回自己的案子 |
[25:43] | Other than a second detective, you are on your own. | 再要别人 就没有了 |
[25:48] | So it’s all bullshit. | 这么说都是屁话 |
[25:49] | I dunno. I thought the mayor gave a very nice speech. | 不知道 我觉得市长的演讲还挺不错的 |
[25:52] | I, for one, was moved. Much like the bull to which you just referred. | 比如我就被打动了 |
[26:07] | – Tell you one thing… – What’s that? | – 我跟你说… – 什么 |
[26:09] | Motherfucker whose got the connect, he the one that did Joe. | 跟那边搭上关系的人 就是干掉Joe的人 |
[26:13] | Oh, no doubt. | 显而易见 |
[26:30] | Y’all know the co-op took some hits. Joe. Hungry Man. | 你们都知道合作社有人被干掉了 Joe Hungry Man |
[26:35] | Good people, especially Joe. | 好人啊 尤其是Joe |
[26:37] | Their passin’ was for real, cold blooded. | 杀他们的人实在是太冷血了 |
[26:40] | I know what you thinkin’, | 我知道你们在想什么 |
[26:41] | so I’m a put it out there… | 我就坦白说吧… |
[26:44] | I’m responsible. | 是我的责任 |
[26:48] | A week or so back, I made a move on Omar, with Joe’s approval. | 大约一周前 经Joe同意 我向Omar下手了 |
[26:51] | The faggot ain’t had heart enough to come at me, | 那基佬没胆子向我报复 |
[26:53] | so he come at those close to me. | 于是他就对跟我亲近的人下手 |
[26:55] | Now I’m doublin’ the bounty… | 现在我要把奖金加倍… |
[26:58] | Hundred large for a whiff of that dicksuck. | 10万块悬赏那基佬的行踪 |
[27:01] | Two hundred fifty for his head. | 25万要他的人头 |
[27:03] | What about the connect? | 跟那边的联系怎么办 |
[27:05] | I got that covered. | 我搞定了 |
[27:06] | And in light of that fact, I’m a take it upon myself to conduct this meet. | 基于此 我愿执掌会议 |
[27:12] | Slim, I want you take over Hungry Man’s slice of the cake. | Slim 我要你接手Hungry Man的收益 |
[27:16] | Meanin’ no disrespect, | 无意冒犯 |
[27:18] | but I ain’t cut out to be no CEO. | 不过我不是当老大的料 |
[27:25] | – Cheese, then. – No problem, man. | – 那就Cheese吧 – 没问题 伙计 |
[27:27] | Got you covered. | 交给我吧 |
[27:28] | Until we settle up with Omar, | 在我们搞定Omar前 |
[27:30] | I think it’s best we suspend these meets. | 我认为最好暂停此类会议 |
[27:33] | In fact, I ain’t really one for meets no how. | 事实上 我不是个喜欢开会的人 |
[27:35] | Anybody got a problem here on out, | 各位有什么问题 |
[27:37] | bring it to me, or sit on that shit. | 就找我 或者先放放 |
[27:39] | Those of you on the Westside who need to re-up, | 西区有谁需要补货的 |
[27:42] | holler at my man Monk. | 就跟我伙计Monk说 |
[27:44] | He gonna handle supply over there. | 他负责那边的供货 |
[27:46] | On the Eastside, Cheese. | 东区就找Cheese |
[27:48] | One more thing. | 还有 |
[27:50] | Price of the brick going up. | 货价上涨了 |
[27:52] | Thirty more. | 多加三十 |
[27:56] | All right. Enough of this shit. | 行了 就这么着吧 |
[28:13] | What? | 干嘛 |
[28:15] | Next year for the schools. | 学校的事明年再说 |
[28:17] | From now until December, we’re all about the plight of the homeless. | 从现在到十二月 我们都盯着流浪汉的事 |
[28:20] | The great whiting has spoken. | 伟大的Whiting发话了 |
[28:21] | I appealed to Klebanow half hour ago but he gave me the thumbs down. I’m sorry. | 我半小时前跟Klebanow申诉来着 但他不答应 抱歉 |
[28:28] | Check it out, people. | 各位看啊 |
[28:29] | Our Metro desk has some national profile. | 我们的都市主编上全国性节目了 |
[28:33] | We’re being careful to cooperate with the investigators in every way. | 我们正谨慎地与调查员展开多方合作 |
[28:37] | My newspaper has no desire to get between the police and the suspect. | 我们报纸并不想在警察和嫌犯间横插一杠子 |
[28:41] | But still, wouldn’t you agree it’s an incredible moment for any journalist | 但你始终不能否认 这是每个新闻工作者梦寐以求的一刻 |
[28:45] | to come face to face with that type of pure evil like the son of Sam. | 与山姆之子这样的纯粹的邪恶面对面 (著名连环杀手) |
[28:49] | That makes you the Jimmy Breslin of Baltimore. | 这也让你成为了巴尔的摩的Jimmy Breslin (纽约日报记者 山姆之子曾给他写信) |
[28:52] | Well, no, I wouldn’t say that. I mean… | 不 我不这么认为 我是说… |
[28:55] | But knowing you have been in contact with a killer, | 但知道你与凶手取得联系后 |
[28:58] | are you at all concerned about continuing to report from the street? | 你是否就只想着来自街头的报道了呢 |
[29:02] | No, not at all. | 不 不是的 |
[29:03] | I mean, this is what we do. | 我是说 这是我们的工作 |
[29:05] | As a reporter, you expect to be in harm’s way at some points. | 作为一个记者 你某种程度上希望处于危险之中 |
[29:08] | It’s what we do. | 这是我们的工作 |
[29:09] | Agreed. It’s what we do. | 同意 这是我们的工作 |
[29:11] | But very rarely does a reporter | 但记者极少 |
[29:13] | end up being in the middle of a story – | 会在故事中出现 |
[29:16] | an ongoing story – | 一个未完待续的故事 |
[29:17] | about a murderer | 事关一个 |
[29:19] | who is still at large and posing a severe | 仍逍遥法外的凶手 让自己暴露于 |
[29:22] | and deadly risk to the… | 死亡的威胁之中… |
[29:24] | You shoulda heard Phelan this morning. | 你真该听听早上Phelan怎么说的 |
[29:27] | Too scared to tap the newspaper phones they might shit on him for it. | 不敢监听报社的电话 他们会找他麻烦 |
[29:32] | Fuckin’ hack judge. | 去他的政客法官 |
[29:33] | What would you want with more wires? We got all we need. | 你要那么多监听线干嘛 我们有的足够了 |
[29:36] | I don’t want another wire. It’s the principle of the thing… | 我不是想多要监听线 这事关原则… |
[29:39] | It just pissed me off listening to him. | 只是听他说话让我火大 |
[29:43] | Oh yeah, no surveillance cars. | 不给监视车 |
[29:47] | They won’t go beyond me and Greggs. | 除了我和Greggs没别人了 |
[29:49] | You and Sydnor will have to work it as best you can for right now. | 从现在开始 就指你和Sydnor尽力而为了 |
[29:53] | Assholes. | 混蛋 |
[30:00] | They need another body, don’t they? | 他们得再死一个才行 是吧 |
[30:05] | I’ll call our man in the Southern. | 我给我们南区的伙计打个电话 |
[30:15] | I can take it from here. Y’all can bounce. | 这样就行了 你们走吧 |
[30:17] | All right, boss. | 好的 老大 |
[30:27] | What up, Rick? | 怎么样啊 Rick? |
[30:29] | Just like ol’ times for me and you. | 我们又回到老时光了 |
[30:31] | Whatever you want it’s yours, all right? | 你想要什么随便拿 行吗 |
[30:33] | Tonight, I’m just gonna take yo’ jump… | 今晚我只是吓吓你… |
[30:38] | And leave you with a little something. | 再给你留点东西 |
[30:40] | – What’s that? – My word in your ear. | – 什么 – 带句话 |
[30:42] | I’m callin’ Marlo a straight bitch. | Marlo这个贱人 |
[30:45] | I’m sayin’ it don’t take much to shoot down a blind man. | 你告诉他杀个瞎子算不了什么 |
[30:49] | And as for him steppin’ to me, | 跟他说他就没胆子 |
[30:51] | you tell that dude he ain’t got the heart. | 冲着我来 |
[30:53] | All right. | 好 |
[30:54] | You tell that man I’m in the street, waiting. | 你告诉他 我在街头等着 |
[30:58] | Just like a little bitch, he ain’t nowhere to be found. | 像个小贱货 藏头露尾的 |
[31:01] | I’ll tell him. I will. | 我会告诉他的 我会的 |
[31:04] | Pick up your keys and go on inside, yo. | 捡起你的钥匙 进去 |
[31:15] | You kill Joe? | 你杀了Joe? |
[31:16] | Hungry? Hungry? | |
[31:20] | Didn’t think so. | 我也觉得不是 |
[31:32] | What now? | 现在怎么样 |
[31:34] | There’s more than one way to skin a case. | 要搞定这案子还有别的办法 |
[31:49] | Already ran them for priors, right? | 已经查过他们的前科了吧 |
[31:51] | Priors, yeah. | 是查过了 |
[31:52] | But I’m gonna run every name you guys developed through the entire database. | 但我要把名字在整个数据库里再搜一遍 |
[31:55] | Not just for priors, but for anything at all in the miles system. | 不只是前科 而是所有数据 |
[31:59] | Court appearances, parole, probation, | 出庭记录 假释 缓刑 |
[32:02] | gun permits, DOC, open bails. | 持枪许可 劳教 保释 |
[32:05] | You’re playing long shots, huh? | 你这是病急乱投医 |
[32:06] | Darlin’, I’m playin’ the hand I’ve been dealt. | 亲爱的 我可是老手了 |
[32:10] | An H-file? | 一份H档案? |
[32:18] | Who caught the case? | 谁办的案子 |
[32:19] | Worden. Other shift. | Worden 另一班的 |
[32:21] | Stepfather. Beaten to death. | 是继父干的 殴打致死 |
[32:24] | They interviewed the mother, but no one else in the household. | 他们走访了母亲 但家里没其他人了 |
[32:29] | Doesn’t exactly fit with the others, does it? | 跟其他人情况不太一样不是吗 |
[32:31] | A straight up ass-whoopin’ in an alley doesn’t seem like Marlo Stanfield. | 后巷里一顿海扁不是 Marlo Stanfield的风格 |
[32:35] | No, it doesn’t. | 对 不是 |
[32:36] | But you’re gonna work it anyway. | 但你还是要查一查 |
[32:40] | In the Pentecostal church where I was given religion, | 我礼拜的Pentecostal教堂 |
[32:43] | it would have been said the spirit was on you yesterday. | 会说你昨天是灵魂附体了 |
[32:46] | – It got good to me. – Let praises be. | – 也就是灵光乍现 – 赞美上帝 |
[32:48] | It pissed me off that on top of everything else I gotta deal with, | 我有那么多事要处理时 居然有个傻逼开始杀流浪汉 |
[32:50] | some nutjob starts killing homeless guys. | 着实让我火大 |
[32:52] | Fuck already, how many shitbowls are there? | 去他娘的 还有多少破事啊 |
[32:55] | He’s right though. You were great. | 不过他是对的 你表现得太出色了 |
[32:56] | That passion was just the thing. | 要的就是那种激情 |
[33:01] | – You think… – We step out on this issue, | – 你们觉得… – 我们放弃这个问题 |
[33:03] | it could provide some national presence… | 就会给一些全国性的媒体… |
[33:05] | Didn’t the governor scrap the emergency medical and housing program last year? | 州长去年不是废掉了急救和住房计划吗 |
[33:09] | – What was it, TEMHA? – Yap. | – 什么来着 TEMHA? – 是的 |
[33:11] | Replaced it with T-Dap, | 取而代之的是TDAP(临时残疾援助计划) |
[33:12] | which cuts funding to anyone who doesn’t qualify for federal support. | 削减了对不符合联邦援助条件的对象的资助 |
[33:14] | It’s worse than that: He froze eligibility by disallowing new applications, | 比那还糟 他不接受新的申请 有资格的人也拿不到钱 |
[33:18] | which put all kinda folks out on the street. | 计划是把所有人都赶到街头了 |
[33:20] | So we slam the Republican for sticking it to the poor. | 那我们就抨击共和党人不平等对待穷人 |
[33:23] | It plays. | 行得通的 |
[33:24] | Nationally, you’re taking up the cause of the forgotten… | 从全国范围来说 你是继承被遗忘的事业… |
[33:26] | And no one is ever in favor of homelessness… | 再说也没人喜欢流浪汉… |
[33:29] | Statewide, you’re going up against the fella who tore up the safety net. | 对州里而言 你是在对抗撕毁了保险网络的家伙 |
[33:33] | Homelessness. | 无家可归者啊 |
[33:39] | I’ll be damned. | 我会下地狱的 |
[33:49] | Base to 2306. | 基地呼叫2306 |
[33:51] | Go ahead, Lester. | 说吧 Lester |
[33:52] | You see anybody using a cellphone? | 你见到有人用手机了吗 |
[33:54] | Wait one. | 等等 |
[33:57] | Negative. | 没有 |
[33:59] | Hold on. Somebody’s here. | 等等 有人来了 |
[34:04] | Lester? Lester? | |
[34:12] | Can’t get used to how empty this place feels nowadays. | 真不习惯现在这地方萧条的样子 |
[34:15] | True, but you’d be surprised what you can get done when no one’s looking. | 那是 不过你会吃惊的发现 没人看着你时工作效率有多高 |
[34:20] | You’ll need to serve these. Running out of time. | 你得把这些送出去 快到期了 |
[34:23] | I’ll get right on it. | 这就办 |
[34:24] | There’s a couple of loose ends we should cover as well. | 还有些事情我们要收个尾 |
[34:27] | – Now? – If not now, when? | – 现在? – 不是现在 还能什么时候 |
[34:29] | The trial date is coming up on us fast. | 庭审日期很快就下来了 |
[34:31] | Right. But it’s… | 是啊 但… |
[34:35] | Is it something I said? | 是因为我说了什么吗 |
[34:38] | No… | 不是… |
[34:40] | Sydnor is bringing in a CI. | Sydnor正要带过来一个线人 |
[34:43] | – And if you’re here… – Oh, shit. | – 如果你在这… – 该死 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry. I’ll … | 抱歉 我… |
[34:50] | …leave you my list, OK? | …把单子放在这 行吗 |
[34:51] | No problem. We’ll get right on it. | 没问题 我们马上去办 |
[34:54] | I’m sorry, Lester, | 抱歉 Lester |
[34:55] | if I was intruding. | 如果打扰到你 |
[34:58] | You couldn’t know. | 不知者无罪 |
[35:06] | So why you here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[35:08] | If this about Michael and what he into, | 如果要问Michael和他干的事 |
[35:10] | y’all should know he don’t live here no more. | 你们该知道他不住这儿了 |
[35:13] | Actually, I’m following up on your man’s case. | 事实上 我是来问你男人的案子的 |
[35:16] | You spoke to Detective Worden when it happened. | 你跟Worden警探说过了 |
[35:23] | He was your boyfriend, right? | 他是你男朋友 对吧 |
[35:24] | When he weren’t in jail… | 他不在监狱时… |
[35:27] | Father to my youngest. | 还是我最小的小孩的老爸 |
[35:32] | But you know how he died. | 你知道他是怎么死的 |
[35:34] | Beaten bad. | 被活活打死的 |
[35:36] | Crime of passion, as we say. | 按我们的说法 激情犯罪 |
[35:39] | Didn’t seem like he was home long enough | 他才回来没多久 |
[35:41] | to get somebody that riled at him. | 应该不会把人惹到这份上 |
[35:44] | Unless, of course, it was over you. | 除非跟你有关 |
[35:46] | You sayin’ I know somethin’ about that? | 你是说我知道些什么吗 |
[35:48] | Lady, let’s put our cards on the table. | 女士 我们有话直说吧 |
[35:51] | I been in this game longer than a little bit, | 我干这行当也不是一天两天了 |
[35:52] | and there’s one thing I know. | 有一点我很清楚 |
[35:54] | A murder like this, there’s a woman at the center of it. | 一次像这样的谋杀 常有一个女人主要牵涉其中 |
[35:58] | I don’t know nothin’. | 我什么都不知道 |
[36:01] | You know my gut tells me that you do. | 我深知你一清二楚 |
[36:04] | And I’ll tell you what… | 我跟你说… |
[36:07] | We’re gonna take a ride downtown, let you talk to the grand jury. | 我们去一趟市里 你跟大陪审团聊聊 |
[36:10] | You’re not straight with them, they’ll give you a material witness warrant. | 你不跟他们坦白 他们就会给你一张提供实质物证证人状 |
[36:13] | And you sit over at woman’s detention for a couple of weeks. | 然后你就在女子拘留所里待上几周 |
[36:17] | It’s amazing what it does for the grieving process. | 那对悲伤阶段疗效显著 |
[36:20] | – Get your things. – I ain’t goin’ nowhere. | – 收拾东西吧 – 我哪儿也不去 |
[36:22] | It’s me or the wagon. | 要么跟我去 要么坐警车 |
[36:26] | Detective, I swear, I ain’t in this. | 警探 我发誓 这事跟我无关 |
[36:30] | It ain’t me you wanna talk to. | 你不该跟我谈 |
[36:34] | It’s the boy, he know. | 跟我孩子说去 他知道 |
[36:36] | He runnin’ with them who did it. | 他跟犯下这事的人混在一起 |
[36:38] | You just tryin’ to put me off the scent. | 你是要把我引入歧途 |
[36:39] | You gotta believe me. | 你得相信我 |
[36:45] | He told me Devar wasn’t comin’ home, | 他跟我说Devar不会回家了 |
[36:48] | ‘fore we even knowed he was dead. | 那时我们还不知道他的死讯 |
[36:52] | You said he’s runnin’ with them? Runnin’ with who? | 你说他跟他们混在一起 他们是谁 |
[36:54] | Chris, Snoop, all them gangsters. | Chris Snoop 那群帮派分子 |
[36:56] | Who else doin’ all the killin’ around here? | 还有谁在这附近杀人 |
[37:04] | Let me see your camera. | 我看看你的相机 |
[37:11] | Add a minute-six to your times. | 在你的计时器里加入一分钟六张 |
[37:13] | Got it. | 好的 |
[37:14] | Here it is. Look at this. | 就这个 看 |
[37:17] | Single ring. Connection. Silence. | 响一声 连线 沉默 |
[37:21] | What do you have? | 你拍到了什么 |
[37:22] | I took these three. | 拍了这仨 |
[37:24] | They’re just hangin’ around. | 他们就在那儿晃荡 |
[37:32] | What time did Monk leave? | Monk什么时候离开的 |
[37:35] | 1:24. Two minutes later. | 1点24分 两分钟后 |
[37:45] | It’s not what Marlo’s sayin’, | 跟Marlo说的什么无关 |
[37:47] | it’s what he’s sendin’. Look at Monk. | 而是他发了什么 你看Monk |
[37:49] | Yeah. Text message. | 嗯 短信 |
[37:51] | Text? Need I remind you, Detective, | 短信? 我得提醒你 警探 |
[37:54] | these young men are products of Baltimore City schools. | 这些小伙可是巴尔的摩社会大学毕业的 |
[37:57] | Besides, look how far away he’s holding his phone. | 再说了 看他手机拿得多远 |
[37:59] | Too far away to be reading a text. | 那么远怎么读短信 |
[38:01] | Nah, son. Pictures. | 不 孩子 是图片 |
[38:07] | Pictures… | 图片… |
[38:43] | What the fuck you lookin’ at? | 你他妈看什么看 |
[38:46] | You know what they do, right? | 你知道他们怎么干 对吧 |
[38:47] | They tease you. They let you get close | 他们取笑你 让你接近目标 |
[38:50] | and just when you’re about to pull the case, | 就在你要解决案子的时候 |
[38:53] | they rip the fuckin’ rug out from under you. | 他们就扯你后腿 |
[38:56] | I’m not lying. We got a fuckin’ serial killer on the loose. | 我没骗人 是有个连环杀手逍遥法外 |
[39:03] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道 |
[39:06] | It’s in the goddamn paper. | 报纸上都写着呢 |
[39:13] | What support do I get? One fuckin’ detective. | 我得到什么支援了 就他妈一个警探 |
[39:18] | They wanna play their simple-ass games, fine. | 他们想玩他们简单的游戏 行 |
[39:20] | But I gotta do what I gotta do. | 但我会做我该做的事 |
[39:22] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[39:28] | Oscar Yeah, Oscar. | |
[39:30] | Beautiful. | 漂亮 |
[39:33] | Absolutely. Where? | 当然 在哪 |
[39:35] | On my way. | 这就过去 |
[40:05] | Man, you can’t let it get to you like this. | 伙计 你不能让事情这样影响你 |
[40:10] | Why don’t we go buy up a bunch of toys and take ’em to your kids? | 我们干嘛不去买一堆玩具给你孩子 |
[40:14] | You ain’t hearin’ me. How can I go near my people with Omar on us? | 你听不懂我说话吗 Omar盯上我们了 我怎么能接近我家人 |
[40:17] | How he gonna find out about them? | 他怎么会知道他们的存在 |
[40:19] | How we find out about the blind man? | 我们又怎么知道那瞎子的存在的 |
[40:56] | – Get. – It’s Omar! It’s Omar! | – 滚 – 是Omar! 是Omar! |
[41:07] | You too, shorty. | 你也是 矮子 |
[41:12] | Omar! It’s Omar! | Omar! 是Omar! |
[41:14] | Money a little late today. | 今天的钱晚了点 |
[41:29] | That buckshot in your leg should help you explain yourself to Marlo. | 你腿上的枪子儿能让你跟Marlo解释 |
[41:33] | As for them other two they gonna wish that I’d peppered them a bit. | 至于另外那两个 他们会希望我给他们两枪 |
[41:41] | Now you make sure you tell old Marlo I burned the money. | 你告诉Marlo我烧了他的钱 |
[41:44] | ‘Cause it ain’t about that paper. | 因为我不稀罕那些纸 |
[41:46] | It’s about me hurtin’ his people, messin’ with his world. | 我是要伤他的人 搅乱他的世界 |
[41:49] | Tell that boy he ain’t man enough to come down to the street with Omar. | 告诉他他不够男人跟Omar面对面 |
[41:54] | You tell him that! | 告诉他! |
[42:04] | My sergeant and two side partners got here before me. | 我的警长和两个搭档到得比我早 |
[42:07] | Then the shift commander showed. Now the duty officer is on his way. | 接着值班指挥官也到了 现在值班警官也在路上了 |
[42:10] | For a DOA? | 就为一个抵达前死亡? |
[42:12] | Well, you and Lester started some shit here, son. | 你和Lester在这搞出的事 |
[42:15] | Now a DOA call brings everyone in a heartbeat. | 现在一个抵达前死亡的报告 会一下子把所有人都招来 |
[43:08] | God bless. | 上帝保佑 |
[43:20] | – Pictures? – Photographs on cellphones. | – 图片? – 手机里的图片 |
[43:24] | Now that means new PC to capture the photos | 那就需要新的电脑捕捉图片 |
[43:27] | and new equipment that could do it. | 还需要新的设备 |
[43:31] | How do I write that into my bullshit homeless killer’s MO? | 我怎么把这个写进我那 狗屁流浪汉杀手的作案模式里 |
[43:36] | When we started this, you said all we needed were some bugs, | 我们刚开始时 你说我们只需要些窃听器 |
[43:41] | a camera or two, and in a couple of weeks, we’d have them. That’s what you said. | 一两个相机 一两周内我们就会有 这是你说的 |
[43:45] | So I cranked up my bullshit to pay for that | 所以我搞大动静来给你买单 |
[43:48] | but no, then you needed a wiretap. | 但你又要监听线 |
[43:50] | So I went along, I got you the wiretap. | 所以我再接再厉 给你搞来了监听线 |
[43:52] | Then you ask for surveillance teams, | 接着你又要监视小组 |
[43:55] | but before I can get to that, you came to me with this. I mean, what the fuck? | 我这边还没着落呢 你又跟我要这个 搞什么飞机 |
[44:02] | I gotta tell you, Lester, I don’t want to hurt your feelings, | 我得说 Lester 我不想伤害你的感情 |
[44:06] | but I can see why Daniels cringed every time you opened your fucking mouth. | 但我知道为什么每次你张口Daniels都不安了 |
[44:09] | You’re a supervisor’s nightmare. | 你就是领导的噩梦啊 |
[44:11] | I’m just following the thread. | 我只是跟着线索走 |
[44:28] | Say we get you the intercept on your pictures, will that give us Marlo? | 假设我们能拦截到图片 这样就能抓到Marlo吗 |
[44:32] | It’ll be coded, probably, | 很可能图片是加密的 |
[44:35] | but I’m sure we can break it. | 但我相信我们能破解 |
[44:36] | That’ll tell us how they do business, and usually, that’s enough. | 那就会让我们知道他们是怎么交易的 通常那就足够了 |
[44:40] | Or not. | 但也未必 |
[44:42] | But the truth is, I’m running Sydnor ragged | 事实上 我让Sydnor乔装打扮 |
[44:45] | just staying on a couple of mopes and monitoring calls. | 在那附近转悠 监视电话出入 |
[44:48] | Now, when we’re up on their code, | 等到我们破解他们的密码 |
[44:49] | we’re gonna need more manpower to run down a stash or a re-up. | 我们就需要更多人手 捣毁他们的藏毒点和补货点 |
[44:53] | – We can’t do it all. – I can’t juke this thing any more than I have. | – 这么多事我们做不来 – 我也没法再瞒天过海了 |
[44:57] | Last night, half the police department turned up | 昨晚 半个警局的人在我之前 |
[44:59] | at Oscar’s crime scene before I could get there. | 赶到Oscar的案发现场 |
[45:04] | We can’t make another murder. | 我们没法再制造一起谋杀了 |
[45:16] | Thanks for the milk. | 谢谢你的牛奶 |
[45:18] | What’s a donut without milk? | 甜甜圈没牛奶怎么行 |
[45:23] | So you were talking about your second tour… | 你刚说到你的第二次服役.. |
[45:27] | – The bad one. – Yeah. | – 糟糕的那次 – 对 |
[45:30] | Second tour fucked me up good. But they don’t wanna hear it. | 第二次服役把我弄得很惨 但他们根本不想听 |
[45:33] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不听 |
[45:35] | Mostly, it’s command and the senior EMS. | 通常是司令部和高级军官 |
[45:38] | They put it down that marines don’t get P.T.S.D. But they do. | 他们放言海军陆战队不会患创后精神障碍 但他们一样会 |
[45:42] | Can you tell me what happened? | 能告诉我发生了什么事吗 |
[45:49] | Terry, can you talk about it? | Terry 你能说说吗 |
[45:53] | We had a month left on the tour, | 我们第二次服役还有一个月 |
[45:55] | working an S-and-A mission outside Fallujah. | 在费卢杰外执行一项扫荡任务 |
[45:58] | I was assistant team leader. | 我是副领队 |
[46:01] | Our M-niner-niner-eights were retrofitted with up-armor kits. | 我们的M998都上了装甲 |
[46:04] | M998? M-niner-niner-eight? | |
[46:06] | A humvee, sorry. | 悍马 抱歉 |
[46:08] | They’re big on nomenclature. | 他们命名的号码很大 |
[46:12] | Anyway we finished our sweep, headed back in, right? | 总之我们完成了扫荡 正在回去的路上 |
[46:15] | It was all good. Then, bam… | 本来一切正常 接着 砰… |
[46:18] | Our lead vehicle was hit with an elevated I.E.D. | 我们的领行车遭遇抬高的路边弹 |
[46:21] | The blast tore the M-fifty gunner in half. | 爆炸把M50枪手撕成了两半 |
[46:24] | Flipped the humvee like a matchbox car. | 把悍马像个火柴盒般抛起 |
[46:26] | Driver lost both his hands. | 司机失去了两只手 |
[46:28] | Blood shooting out all over. He’s fuckin’ laughin’. | 鲜血四溅 他还他妈的在笑 |
[46:31] | Saying over and over, “Look, Ma, no hands.” | 一遍遍地说 “看 妈 手没了” |
[46:40] | It’s the laughing I can’t shake. | 那是我忘不了的笑声 |
[46:44] | Weird. | 真诡异 |
[46:46] | ‘Cause he’s OK, you know? I mean, he’s better than me. | 因为他没事 知道吗 我是说 他现在比我好 |
[46:50] | Got himself a couple of prosthetic mitts, eighty thousand apiece. | 给自己安了对假肢 每个八万 |
[47:04] | What happened next? | 然后怎样了 |
[47:06] | Nothing really. We pushed out, secured the perimeter. | 没什么 我们冲了出去 守住了 |
[47:10] | Corpsman did what he could, an’ we waited for the casevac. | 军医尽了力 我们等到了空运撤离 |
[48:03] | I’m not looking to shit on another guy’s copy, | 我不是要抹黑谁的作品 |
[48:05] | I just wanted you to know this was out there. | 我只想让你知道有这么回事 |
[48:07] | I’m at a community meeting in Bel Air-Edison | 我参加了个Bel Air-Edison的社区会议 |
[48:09] | to hear about school zoning and this woman talked my ear off about this. | 听一些校区的事 听到有个女人不停唠叨这些 |
[48:13] | She said the kids never saw a dime. | 她说孩子们一毛钱都没见着 |
[48:18] | I mean, I’m hoping this is all bullshit. | 我是说 我希望她是放屁 |
[48:22] | – Hey, Scott. How’s it coming? – Pretty good. You seen the art? | – Scott 怎么样 – 很好 你看了图片了吗 |
[48:24] | Yeah. Good stuff. Listen, | 嗯 不错 听着 |
[48:26] | got a complaint about a story you wrote a couple weeks ago. | 我听到关于你几周前写的一个新闻的投诉 |
[48:29] | – The woman who died from an allergic reaction to seafood. Remember? – What about it? | – 死于海鲜过敏的女人那个 记得吗 – 那个怎么了 |
[48:33] | Lady knows the dead woman sister says our story made a lot of money for those kids. | 认识死者姐妹的一个女人说 我们的新闻为那些孩子筹了不少钱 |
[48:37] | – A scholarship fund we wrote up. – So? | – 我们详述了一个奖学金 – 所以呢 |
[48:39] | She says the sister has a history of fraud, convictions on it. | 她说她姐姐有欺诈的历史 还被定过罪 |
[48:43] | She says all the money went to Atlantic City casinos | 她说那些钱都跑到大西洋城赌场去了 |
[48:46] | – and kids never saw a dime. – Christ, who the fuck… | – 孩子们一毛钱也没见到 – 老天 搞什么… |
[48:48] | I know. It’s probably some old biddy talkin’ about stuff she don’t know, | 我知道 可能是一些三姑六婆胡侃 |
[48:52] | but maybe you should go back and check with the family, | 但也许你该回去再跟那家人对对 |
[48:54] | see if we don’t get took on this, huh? | 看我们用不用为此负责 |
[49:02] | No, no. Not now. After you file. Just make a couple calls, huh? | 不 不 不用现在 等你归好档 打几个电话就行 |
[49:14] | – This is kidnapping. – Actually, I’m not sure. | – 这是绑架 – 事实上 我不确定 |
[49:17] | I asked him if he wanted $100 to go someplace for dinner and talk | 我问他要不要去某处吃个饭聊个天 就能赚个100块 |
[49:20] | – and he walked to my car. – You give him the hundred? | – 他就走向了我的车 – 你给了他一百块? |
[49:24] | Stuffed it in his jacket. | 塞到他夹克里了 |
[49:28] | He’s fine, Lester. He’s great. | 他没事 Lester 他很好 |
[49:31] | – Think he’ll find his way back home? – Eventually. | – 你觉得他能找到回家的路吗 – 总能找到的 |
[49:35] | By then, we’ll be done with Marlo, we’ll have shut this thing down. | 到那时 我们就搞定Marlo了 我们就结束这一切了 |
[49:37] | As far as what happened to this guy… | 至于这家伙发生的事… |
[49:41] | They’ll write it off as some fraternity prank. | 他们会写成是互助会的恶作剧 |
[49:44] | – Does he know we’re cops? – No. | – 他知道我们是警察吗 – 不知道 |
[49:47] | Even if he figures it out, who’s gonna believe him? He’s nuts. | 就算他能猜出来 谁会相信他 他傻的 |
[49:50] | – How do you know he’s nuts? – First of all, just look at him. | – 你怎么知道他傻 – 首先 你看他 |
[49:53] | He’s fucking bouncing off the walls. Second of all… I got his scrip. | 他一直在撞墙 其次… 我拿了他的处方 |
[49:57] | I called the university ER. It’s an anti-psychotic. | 我给大学急诊室打了电话 是抗精神病药 |
[50:00] | So… | 于是… |
[50:02] | I took his I.D., | 我拿了他的身份证 |
[50:04] | I’ll scratch his name off the scrip and leave him with this… | 我会把他的名字从处方上除掉 把这个留给他… |
[50:09] | I got that one from the first homeless death Oscar gave us. | 这是我从Oscar给我们的 第一个流浪汉死者身上弄到的 |
[50:12] | The one that was too rigored. Donald somebody or other. | 那个尸僵太严重的 Donald什么的 |
[50:15] | It had him in a Cleveland, Ohio shelter. | 原籍克利夫兰 俄亥俄庇护所 |
[50:18] | McNulty, you are deserving of serious psychological study. | McNulty 你真该被拿去做心理学研究 |
[50:22] | You need PC to intercept cellphone photos. Well here it is, right here. | 你要电脑拦截手机图片 这就是了 |
[50:27] | We send photos of this guy | 我们把这家伙绑上彩带的照片 |
[50:29] | all ribboned up from a dry cellphone to that goofy reporter, | 用电池将尽的手机 发给那个傻逼记者 |
[50:32] | along with a message bitching about his stories. | 附上一条对他的报道发牢骚的信息 |
[50:34] | “I ain’t no pervert,” or whatever. Now, the killer says, | “我不是变态”之类的 现在 杀手说 |
[50:38] | you ain’t gonna find no more bodies. Only photos of the victims… | 你们再也找不到尸体 只有受害人消失前… |
[50:41] | Before they disappear. | 的照片 |
[50:47] | Look at this poor sucker. I don’t believe we’re gonna do this. | 看看这个可怜的家伙 不敢相信我们要这么做 |
[50:51] | He disappears, the city goes batshit. You get your photo intercepts, | 他一消失 整个城市都会陷入疯狂 你拿到你的图片拦截装置 |
[50:55] | and when we need to run down one of Marlo’s re-ups, | 我们要捣毁Marlo的补货点时 |
[50:57] | you got all the manpower you need. | 你要的人也有了 |
[50:59] | – And Marlo falls. – Falls hard. | – 然后Marlo也完蛋了 – 狠狠地完蛋了 |
[51:25] | Don’t fucking tell me you mislabeled this, too. | 别告诉我你把这个的标签也搞错了 |
[51:28] | I want comparisons between known suspects | 我要比对已知嫌疑人 |
[51:32] | and the DNA from this scene. | 和这个犯罪现场的DNA |
[51:33] | By the looks of it, we got a whole lot of DNA outta this mess. | 看这个死样 估计采了一大把DNA吧 |
[51:37] | – Now, motherfucker. Right now. – Top of my list. | – 马上 混蛋 马上 – 首要任务 |
[51:40] | As soon as we work through all the trace from the homeless killings. | 等我们完成流浪汉谋杀案的调查后就给你弄 |
[51:45] | That’s the priority, Bunk. | 那是首要任务 Bunk |
[51:49] | – The homeless killings. – Everything is backed up behind that, sorry. | – 流浪汉谋杀案 – 所有资源都要为此服务 抱歉 |
[51:53] | Your boy McNulty has everyone’s attention right now. | 你哥们McNulty现在正是炙手可热啊 |
[52:12] | So it’s Larry, huh? | 是Larry吧 |
[52:16] | OK, Larry. You’re with good people here. It’s all gonna be great. | 好吧 Larry 你跟好人在一起 一切都会很棒的 |
[52:23] | You’re gonna like this place. It’s warm, they got nice beds. | 你会喜欢这地方 暖和 还有舒服的床 |
[52:29] | And best of all, I gave you cash money just for walking in the door. | 最好的是 我给你现金让你走进去 |
[52:37] | Come on, Larry. | 来吧 Larry |
[52:41] | It’s gonna be fine. I promise. | 会好的 我保证 |
[52:53] | You feel up for trying Clay yourself? | 你想亲自上阵审理Clay? |
[52:56] | I mean, it’s been a while since you tried a criminal case personally. | 我是说 离你上次亲自出马 审理罪案有段时间了 |
[53:00] | It sends a statement, I think. | 我想发了一份声明 |
[53:02] | We should start with our witness list. See if we can pare that down any, | 我们该从证人名单开始 看看能不能减少一些 |
[53:05] | out of respect for the distracted nature of a Baltimore jury. | 因为巴尔的摩的陪审团容易分心 |
[53:08] | First, there’s something else I need to bring up. | 首先 我还有个别的要交给你 |
[53:18] | – Old grand jury stuff? – Sealed indictments. | – 旧的大陪审团文件? – 密封的诉状 |
[53:21] | Sealed transcripts. Dozens of them. | 密封的记录 多不胜数 |
[53:24] | Pulled from the desk of a shot-to-death drug dealer in east Baltimore. | 在一个被杀的东区毒贩的书桌里搜出来的 |
[53:29] | The deputy ops brought me those. | 副局长拿给我的 |
[53:31] | We have a leak. | 我们有人泄密 |
[53:55] | And he showed up, outside where I work. | 他在我工作的地方出现 |
[53:58] | He was confused. Lost I think. So I brought him here. | 思维混乱 我想他是迷路了 就把他带这儿来了 |
[54:02] | Donald, where you from? | Donald 你从哪来 |
[54:09] | Tell the lady, Donald. | 跟这位女士说 Donald |
[54:15] | Baltimore. | 巴尔的摩 |
[54:17] | But he told me he came from Cleveland. | 但他跟我说他来自克利夫兰 |
[54:21] | Donald, do you have identification? | Donald 你有身份证吗 |
[54:46] | This does say Cleveland. | 上面说的是克利夫兰 |
[54:49] | Donald, why don’t we get you something to eat? | Donald 不如我们给你些吃的吧 |
[54:57] | It’s OK. Come on. | 没事的 来 |
[55:02] | – We’re good to go? – It’s great, Gus. | – 行了吗 – 太棒了 Gus |
[55:06] | It sings. | 太棒了 |
[55:08] | – Hey, Scotty boy. – Hey. | – 嘿 Scotty – 嘿 |
[55:10] | Hey. Great piece. I mean this one really feels like the real deal. | 好文章 我是说这才像话 |
[55:14] | – It’s great work. – Thanks. | – 干得好 – 谢了 |
[55:16] | What I like most about it is that you didn’t overwrite it. | 我最欣赏的是你没有写太过分 |
[55:19] | No extra color. No puffy adjectives. | 没过度润色 没有浮夸的形容词 |
[55:22] | Just tight, declarative sentences. You really let this ex-marine tell his story. | 只有紧凑 陈述式的句子 你是让这位前海军陆战队员在说他的故事 |
[55:26] | – Thanks, Gus. – Hey, Mr. Slot man, | – 谢谢 Gus – 编排编辑先生 |
[55:28] | read it and weep. And I mean that literally. | 读读 抹一把泪 我说的是字面上的意思 |
[55:33] | Oh, Scott. Did you get a chance to drop a couple calls on that complaint? | Scott 你为那个投诉打了电话了吗 |
[55:37] | It’s bullshit. I talked to people in the neighborhood. | 都是屁话 我跟社区里的人聊过了 |
[55:40] | Sister’s good people, but there’s another woman up there, unrelated, | 那姐姐是好人 但有个非亲非故的女人 |
[55:45] | keeps getting arrested for kiting checks and stuff. | 老是因开空头支票什么的事被捕 |
[55:48] | She uses the sister’s name every time she gets locked up. | 她每次被捕用的都是那个姐妹的名字 |
[55:51] | She’s done it like three or four times now. Yeah, it’s crazy. | 她这么干过四五次了 是啊 太疯狂了 |
[55:55] | But sister’s clean. Everyone says so. | 但她是清白的 大家都这么说 |
[55:57] | OK. | 好吧 |
[56:37] | Is there anything else I can do for him? | 我还能为他做点什么吗 |
[56:39] | No, we’ve got it. But thanks for bringing him in. | 不用了 交给我们吧 谢谢你带他过来 |
[56:42] | Most people, they just ignore them. | 多数人都会无视他们 |
[56:53] | I just want to get your paperwork taken care of. | 我只想弄好你的档案 |