时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Now they’re on-line. | 现在联上线了 |
[00:27] | This is masked as Marlo’s cell number? | 这个会伪装成Marlo的电话? |
[00:30] | How the fuck? How? | 到底是怎么弄的 什么原理 |
[00:31] | Spoofed to imitate a call stream like it’s a phone-company switch. | 冒名仿制通讯流 就跟通讯公司的交换机似的 |
[00:35] | We can put any digits in we want. | 可以往里输入任何我们想要的数位码 |
[00:38] | Meanwhile, phone company paperwork on the case has the cell we gave to Sydnor. | 同时 通讯公司的案内文件 会记录下我们给Sydnor打的电话 |
[00:42] | It’s fairly basic shit. | 都是些相当基础的玩意儿 |
[00:51] | Now, stick to the script. We don’t want any tell-tales. | 现在 千万照着剧本念 咱们可不能露出任何马脚 |
[00:55] | Even with the voice modulator, | 就算用了变声器也一样 |
[00:58] | you’re exposed here. | 你是完全曝光在外 |
[01:00] | 7-B-14 Seven-Baker-14. | |
[01:03] | BGA. Go ahead, 14. | 这里是总台 14号请讲 |
[01:06] | 14. I got a vehicle blocking an entrance. | 这里是14号 我看到有辆车堵住了入口 |
[01:08] | 400 Pressman. | 在Pressman街400号 |
[01:17] | What the… | 搞什么 |
[01:20] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[01:25] | – Templeton. – Hey, you… | – Templeton – 喂你这家伙 |
[01:27] | Where do you get off, you sick little twist? | 你打哪儿想出来的 你这变态神经病 |
[01:30] | Sexual? I’m not sexual with them, I’m not abusive with them. | 性? 我对他们下手跟性没关系 我没有性虐他们 |
[01:33] | How dare you write that in your paper without knowing nothing about me? | 你根本不了解我 怎么敢在报纸上胡写乱写 |
[01:36] | – What? – Biting’s not sex, it’s biting. | – 什么 – 咬可不是性 咬就是咬 |
[01:39] | I’m not sick like that. | 我还没那么变态 |
[01:40] | Hang on, hang on, hang on. | 别挂 别挂 别挂 |
[01:43] | Maybe I should come bite you. | 也许我该来咬咬你 |
[01:45] | Would you like that, Scotty? | 你想试试么 Scotty |
[01:47] | I bet you would like that. Am I right? | 我看你想要得很呐 对不对 |
[01:49] | You write about me like I’m sick. | 你把我写成个变态 |
[01:51] | You’re the sick one, you know that? | 你自己才是变态的那个 知道吗 |
[01:53] | Is that why you like me, Scotty? Is that why? | 所以你才喜欢我嘛 Scotty 是不是这个原因 |
[01:57] | Fuck me. | 我操 |
[01:59] | Yeah, this is Holley, Baltimore Homicide. | 是 我是Holley 巴尔的摩警署凶杀组 |
[02:01] | I need a trap-and-trace on case 08H114. | 我需要追踪一通与08H114案件有关的电话 |
[02:05] | Cell phone is in use right now. | 这电话正在通话 |
[02:07] | Scotty Scotty | |
[02:09] | I could come bite you, you tell me how sexual it is. | 我可以来咬咬你 你看看是不是很有快感 |
[02:11] | OK, hang on. Who… Where are you? | 好说 别挂 你是…你在哪儿 |
[02:14] | Here’s what’s happening now. | 现在这么办 |
[02:17] | You humiliate me like that? | 你这样羞辱我 |
[02:18] | You mortify me like that in front of my father? | 在我父亲 |
[02:21] | My father’s father? | 和我父亲的父亲面前让我难堪 |
[02:23] | Listen to me, smack daddy, crack daddy, | 给我听着 你这吸毒佬疯癫佬 |
[02:25] | little baby whack daddy, here’s what’s happening. | 虐待小孩的变态佬 以后咱这么办 |
[02:29] | You ain’t never going to find them anymore. | 你再也找不到他们了 |
[02:31] | You ain’t never gonna see them no more. | 再也看不到他们了 |
[02:33] | I’m sending you something right now. You take a good look at this guy, | 我现在给你发个东西 你给我好好看看这家伙 |
[02:36] | because you ain’t never going to see him no more. | 因为你以后再也见不着他了 |
[02:38] | Hey, OK. | 好吧 |
[02:40] | Don’t hang up. Can we… | 别挂电话 我们能… |
[02:45] | Oh, shit. Did you get McNulty? | 糟糕 你打通McNulty没 |
[02:46] | – Just his voicemail. – Oh, Christ. | – 只有语音信箱 – 老天爷 |
[02:49] | That was… That was him. | 那是….那就是他 |
[02:54] | Again! | 又是他 |
[02:56] | Nice Bawlmer accent. | 巴尔的摩腔很纯正嘛 |
[02:58] | It’s my heritage. | 我的独门绝活 |
[03:00] | …has traced the phone in question to Pier Five on Pratt Street. | …追踪嫌犯电话来自普拉特街五号码头 |
[03:03] | All units respond to that 20 and detain anyone present | 所有小队都赶往附近 捉拿现场所有人 |
[03:06] | pending the arrival of a duty officer. | 当值警官取决于到达顺序 |
[03:09] | One-Baker-Ten, copy that. I’m rolling. | 这里是1组10号 收到 我正往那边去 |
[03:11] | One-Baker-13, I’m almost there. | 这里是1组13号 我就要到了 |
[03:14] | KGA to all units. | 所有分队注意 |
[03:15] | Be advised that we’re looking for a 10-30 individual on a cell phone. | 要找的是名正在用手机 年龄在10至30岁之间的男子 |
[03:24] | – Anyone on a phone? – Not that I saw. | – 有看到人打电话吗 – 我是没看到 |
[03:25] | Just people moving through, it could be anybody. | 只是些来来往往的人 谁都有可能 |
[03:28] | Let’s just fan out and take names. | 大伙先散开 把这些人的名字都记下 |
[03:30] | Go down this road. Get their names over there. | 沿着这条路 把那些人的名字都记下 |
[03:32] | Get everybody up in this area now. | 把这片区域的人聚集在一起 |
[03:34] | – Stop. – What the hell is this? | – 住手 – 这是在干嘛 |
[03:37] | – Hey, let go of me. – Get your hands up. | – 嘿 放开我 – 举起手来 |
[03:38] | Get on the ground now. Get your hands up! Step out! | 趴在地上 举起手来 下车 |
[03:42] | Get everybody over there and get their cell phones. | 把那边的人都抓起来 收缴他们的手机 |
[03:46] | Everyone take out your cell phones and place them on the table in front of you. | 每个人都掏出手机放在桌上 |
[03:50] | Stop, he didn’t do anything. | 住手 他什么都没做 |
[03:51] | What are you doing? | 你们在干嘛 |
[03:58] | Foxtrot to KGA, I’m your eyeball. | 空巡呼叫总部 这里的情况我盯着 |
[04:13] | – Sarge, we got him. – Bullshit. | – 长官 我们找到他了 – 放屁 |
[04:14] | – I got him on tape. – The goof actually called. | – 我录下了他的电话 – 那傻逼还真打了电话么 |
[04:16] | Yeah, yeah, it was sweet. | 对对 正中下怀 |
[04:19] | Hey, what’d I miss? | 嘿 我错过了啥好戏 |
[04:25] | He went off on a tangent. Said he wanted to bite me. | 他扯了一堆题外话 说他想咬我 |
[04:28] | What? Bite you how? | 什么 怎么咬你 |
[04:29] | Scott, are you saying that he threatened to… | Scott 你是说他威胁你… |
[04:32] | Wait a minute. Hold on a second. | 请稍等 别挂 |
[04:36] | Holy Christ. | 老天 |
[06:24] | So are we partners or what? | 那咱们以后就是合作关系了? |
[06:25] | No, Clay. I don’t pick so much as a single juror | 不 Clay 你没把我的费用付掉前 |
[06:29] | without the full amount of my fee being paid. | 别指望我给你选一个陪审员 |
[06:32] | If you want Billy Murphy on your case, | 如果你想Billy Murphy接你的案子 |
[06:34] | you got to pay to put him there. | 就得先把钱交足 |
[06:36] | I got a taste for you right up front. A good, five-figure taste. | 我已经给你尝了甜头了 5位数的甜头 |
[06:40] | But you asking for me to pay a winner’s fee right up front, | 但你要我现在就提前 给你付清大获全胜的钱 |
[06:43] | and you know what? I ain’t a winner yet. | 你知道 我还没赢呢 |
[06:46] | Right now, with the sword hanging over my head, | 现在我的前途岌岌可危 |
[06:48] | I don’t have the kind of financial support at my disposal | 没有以往我所依赖的 |
[06:51] | that I would ordinarily be able to rely upon, you feel? | 可供我任意支配的经济来源 你懂没 |
[06:55] | So the money boys are laying off, huh? | 那些个金主们都收手了? |
[06:57] | They thinkin’ short when they should be thinkin’ long. | 那些家伙都是鼠目寸光 |
[07:00] | Shameful shit. | 真他妈可耻 |
[07:02] | 25,000, 25,000 more when you seat a jury. | 给你两万五 等你选完评审团再给你两万五 |
[07:06] | I don’t work that way. | 这个在我这里行不通 |
[07:07] | I know you don’t, partner, I know you don’t. | 我知道行不通 伙伴 我知道行不通 |
[07:10] | And normally I wouldn’t dream of asking you to suit up for game day | 我还做梦都没想过会求你出庭 |
[07:14] | with my tab as it is. | 帮我打官司 |
[07:15] | 200,000 when I get you out from under this mess. | 20万我帮你脱身 |
[07:19] | And, Clay, don’t fuck me. | 还有 Clay 别玩儿我 |
[07:22] | Don’t even think about fucking me out of a single part of that fee. | 这笔钱你他妈想都别想浑水摸鱼 |
[07:25] | Oh, Billy, you talk as if you don’t know me. | Billy 你还不了解我吗 |
[07:28] | I’m disappointed. I am. | 我太失望了 失望透顶 |
[07:31] | My brother, let’s be fair. | 老兄 咱们公平点 |
[07:32] | I’m providing you with the opportunity | 我这可是给你提供了个 |
[07:35] | to go head-to-head with the state’s attorney | 跟州检查官面对面交手的机会 |
[07:37] | in a case that’s gonna be front-page news. | 还是个风口浪尖的案子 |
[07:40] | For all that profile? | 这种抛头露面的大好机会 |
[07:42] | Shit, partner, you should be payin’ me a fee. | 妈的 伙伴 你给我钱还差不多 |
[07:45] | Seriously, dawg, for 20,000 cash to my campaign committee, | 说真的 哥们 要是给我的竞选委员会送个两万 |
[07:49] | I’ll get myself indicted federal, let you go to trial on that. | 我就是被联邦政府起诉 也让你给我打官司 |
[07:53] | Beat the feds like a stepchild, an’ really make a name for yourself. | 虐联邦政府就跟虐小孩似的 绝对让你声名鹊起 |
[07:57] | Fuck you? Naw, son, I’m gonna make you. | 玩儿你 不 老兄 我是要捧你 |
[08:01] | Motherfuckers gonna be wipin’ they ass with Johnnie Cochran’s memory, | 那些傻叉转眼就会把 Johnnie Cochran忘得一干二净 |
[08:04] | and carryin’ your business card in every damn pocket before we done. | 腆着脸把你的名片当宝 |
[08:08] | No. I already got more rep than any lawyer would ever need. | 不必 我的名气已经够大了 |
[08:13] | Why don’t you save that silver-tongued bullshit for the jury? | 你的舌绽莲花留到上庭再用如何 |
[08:19] | Right. | 好的 |
[08:21] | No, nothing since. | 不 后来就没收到了 |
[08:24] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:28] | Me, Barlow and Kincaid been sittin’ here | 我 Barlow和Kincaid一直守在这儿 |
[08:30] | like the fucking Maytag repairmen, growing piles. | 跟美泰克电器修理工似的 等得花儿都谢了 |
[08:33] | Nothing, not a call. Then, bang. | 什么都没有 连通电话都没 然后突然 |
[08:35] | No luck at the harbor. | 港口什么都没查到 |
[08:36] | We were tracking the GPS then it just goes dead. Area of Pier Five. | 我们跟踪GPS信号 结果一无所获 就在五号码头那边 |
[08:40] | – Where’s McNulty? – Over at the newspaper. | – McNulty在哪儿 – 去报社了 |
[08:43] | Let’s hear that motherfucker again. | 再把那个混蛋的声音放来听听 |
[08:47] | Hey, you, where do you get off, you sick little twist? | 喂你这家伙 你打哪儿出来的 你这变态神经病 |
[08:51] | Sounds like some gearhead from Dundalk. | 听上去像来自Dundalk的宅男 (马里兰中部城镇) |
[08:59] | And emotionally, how was he? | 他情绪听起来怎么样 |
[09:02] | – He sounded pissed. – At you, personally? | – 听上去很生气 – 针对你个人吗? |
[09:05] | Like I told you, he said I humiliated him | 就像我跟你说的 他说我羞辱了他 |
[09:08] | by writing that the biting was sexual. | 就因为写他咬人是性犯罪 |
[09:11] | At the end, he offered to come here and bite me. | 最后他说要来咬我 |
[09:15] | – I didn’t really respond to that. – OK. | – 我都不知道怎么回应 – 好吧 |
[09:19] | – Did he sound like the same guy? – What do you mean? | – 他听上去是同一个人吗 – 什么意思 |
[09:22] | Did it sound like the voice you heard on the first call? | 跟你接到的上一通电话声音相同吗 |
[09:24] | Oh, right. Yeah. | 哦是的 对 |
[09:26] | No, actually. Well, yeah. I mean, yeah. | 老实说不同 呃相同 我是说相同 |
[09:30] | It was the same, but this time I noticed | 是同样的声音 但这次我注意到 |
[09:32] | he had a real thick Bawlmer accent. Real thick. | 他巴尔的摩口音很重 相当重 |
[09:35] | – You didn’t notice that the first time? – I guess I did, but I forgot. | – 你上次没听出来? – 我想我是听出来又忘了 |
[09:41] | – Did I screw up in any way? – No. Not at all. | – 我搞砸了吗 – 没有 完全没有 |
[09:44] | Listen, we reserve the right to make this decision, | 听着 我们保留做决定的权利 |
[09:47] | but that said, would running these photos | 但话虽如此 将这张照片登报 |
[09:49] | in any way impair the investigation? | 会从某方面妨碍调查吗 |
[09:51] | I don’t think so. Fact is, we need as many eyes as we can | 我觉得应该不会 老实说 我们需要尽可能多的人 |
[09:54] | looking for this homeless guy. | 帮助寻找这个流浪汉 |
[09:56] | You don’t know where this guy is? He could be… | 你不知道这家伙在哪儿 他可能已经… |
[09:59] | – Could already be a victim, sure. – Jesus. | – 的确可能已经遇害 – 老天 |
[10:04] | That’s Charles and Conway. I wonder if he’s a regular out there. | 那里是Charles街和Conway街附近 不知道他是否常在那周围出现 |
[10:08] | He had to have used a different phone. | 他肯定用过另一支电话 |
[10:09] | Had to have been a cell phone if he sent you these. | 给你发这些图必须得用手机 |
[10:12] | That’s true. But, again, you can’t print anything about where he’s calling from. | 不错 但再说一次 你们不能公布他打电话的地点 |
[10:18] | We’re trying to get up on that cell phone. | 我们在尝试窃听那支手机 |
[10:20] | What should I do if he calls again? | 他要再次打来我该怎么做 |
[10:21] | Keep him on the line as long as you can. Don’t spook him. | 拖住他别挂 越久越好 别吓着他 |
[10:24] | Guy likes to rant. Let him do his thing. | 这家伙喜欢碎碎念 由着他念 |
[10:28] | – You OK? – Me? Yeah, I guess. | – 你还好吗 – 我? 还行吧 |
[10:31] | I wouldn’t worry. He’s just using you. He needs you. | 我觉得不必担心 他只是利用你 他需要你 |
[10:36] | I kind of resent that, actually. | 老实说我对此深恶痛绝 |
[10:38] | Oh, I dunno. | 我看未必 |
[10:39] | It’s workin’ out pretty well for both of you, right? | 你俩不是都各得其所吗 |
[10:42] | Gentlemen, thanks for these. | 先生们 多谢了 |
[10:51] | Callin’ Vincent on his cell all morning, he still ain’t answer. | 早上打Vincent的电话 他还是没接 |
[10:54] | Ain’t got time for this. Re-up time will come due, | 来不及了 补货的日子就要到了 |
[10:57] | we still ain’t picked up the mannitol. | 我们还没拿到甘露醇 |
[11:03] | What the fuck? | 搞什么飞机 |
[11:07] | Yo, Vincent. | 喂Vincent |
[11:09] | Where you at? | 你在哪儿 |
[11:12] | Manny Manny Manny? Manny? | |
[11:16] | Shit. | 靠 |
[11:31] | – Omar. – Why you still alive, then? | – Omar – 那他怎么会留你活口 |
[11:34] | He say tell Marlo he out in the streets, waitin’. | 他说告诉Marlo 他就在街上等着 |
[11:37] | Say this whole damn city gonna know | 说整个城市都会知道 |
[11:39] | Marlo ain’t man enough to come down in the streets. | Marlo根本没种上街 |
[11:41] | – He get the stash? – Yo, Cherry. | – 他把货拿走了? – Cherry |
[11:43] | He blew Manny up as soon as he got inside. | 他进来就把Manny一枪崩了 |
[11:45] | – He was gonna do me too. – How the fuck he get inside? | – 他还想把我也崩了 – 他到底是怎么进来的 |
[11:48] | Manny open up to go on the food run, | Manny开门去买点吃的 |
[11:49] | and this dicksucker was right there. | 这死基佬就守在外面 |
[11:53] | He knew we was the stash. | 他知道我们是藏毒点 |
[11:55] | Ain’t need to be told shit. | 根本不用多说半句屁话 |
[11:57] | He just knew. | 他就是知道 |
[12:03] | Four K of raw, flushed. | 四公斤纯货 全冲掉了 |
[12:05] | Hey, yo, Cherry. You gonna untie me, right? | 喂 Cherry 你会把我解开的吧 |
[12:09] | Come on, nigga, untie me. | 快点哥们 把我解开 |
[12:14] | Seriously, Steven. | 说真的 Steven |
[12:15] | If you can’t afford it, that’s fine, I understand. | 如果你付不起 没关系 我理解 |
[12:18] | If you think this clown is gonna hold me off | 如果你觉得这小丑会霸占着州议会 |
[12:20] | and keep the statehouse, I know you’ve got to hedge your bets | 让我当不成州长 我知道你也会两边下注 |
[12:22] | given how much you’re waiting on from Annapolis. | 因为安纳波利斯首府那边你已经等了太久 |
[12:24] | But if you’re gonna choose a side, do it early. That’s all I’m saying. | 但要是你决定选择阵营 早点选 我就这点要求 |
[12:27] | I hear ya, Tom. | 知道了 Tom |
[12:28] | I’m going to write out a check today, and send it out the door. | 我今天就会开张支票给你寄去 |
[12:32] | That’s great, Steven. Really, I do appreciate it. | 那太好了 Steven 真的 我感激不尽 |
[12:35] | Can you… | 你能… |
[12:38] | Can I ask you to consider… | 能请你考虑下… |
[12:39] | I’ll double down on that for my wife too. | 我会连我老婆那份一起出的 |
[12:41] | For your wife too? | 连你老婆那份? |
[12:44] | That’s just great, really. | 那真是再好不过 真的 |
[12:48] | Yeah, thanks for going the extra mile on this. | 好的 谢谢你的大方之举 |
[12:50] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[12:55] | Photographs? | 照片? |
[12:56] | He messaged digital photos of the possible victim to the Sun reporter. | 他将疑似受害者的数码照片 用短信发给了太阳报记者 |
[13:02] | I canvassed this guy’s regular corner, | 我彻查了这家伙的常驻地 |
[13:04] | he has indeed been missing a couple of days. | 他的确已经失踪了好几天 |
[13:06] | We got these photos from the newspaper, | 这些照片我们是从报社得来的 |
[13:07] | but we want to be able to intercept any future images. | 但我们希望能拦截今后的照片 |
[13:09] | – Hence the amended order. – Correct. | – 因此要修改原协议 – 不错 |
[13:13] | Can we catch photos with our city equipment? | 我们用市警署的设备能拦截到图片吗 |
[13:17] | Actually, no. We’re still bumping around in the 20th century. | 老实说不能 我们的设备都是些老古董 |
[13:20] | But Howard County has the right software | 但霍华德县警署的几台电脑里 |
[13:21] | – on a couple of their computers. – You need two? | – 有合适的软件 – 你需要两台? |
[13:27] | Yeah. In case one computer goes down, we got the other one as backup. | 对 以防一台电脑出问题 我们还有台可以备用 |
[13:30] | We don’t wanna miss our shot at this nut. | 可不能失手放走这个疯子 |
[13:34] | Well, good hunting. | 祝你早日抓到他 |
[13:38] | Thank you, Judge. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[13:42] | Ronnie Ronnie. | |
[13:45] | You briefed your boss? | 你向你上司作简报没 |
[13:48] | And he’s calling the mayor, right? | 他正给市长打电话 对不 |
[13:50] | And Rawls too, I imagine. | 我想Rawls也是 |
[13:53] | Pretty little fella gets himself elected | 这靓小伙靠宣扬法律秩序拉来的票 |
[13:56] | on a law-and-order ticket. Crime doesn’t go down much, | 才当选了市长 犯罪率却没下去多少 |
[13:59] | and a couple weeks before he starts gearing up to announce for governor, | 就在他摩拳擦掌准备竞选州长之前的几周 |
[14:02] | some wingnut starts killing people, | 有个疯子突然开始出来大肆杀人 |
[14:04] | taking photographs, sending ’em to the newspaper. | 拍照片 发到报社 |
[14:07] | You know something? You may wanna check the governor’s alibi. | 知道不 你也许该去查查州长的不在场证明 |
[14:12] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[14:19] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[14:26] | You couldn’t make 30? | 你没筹到3万? |
[14:29] | 20? | 2万? |
[14:31] | 92. | 9万2 |
[14:34] | I’m gonna tell you something. | 我得告诉你们 |
[14:35] | There are a lot of people want Tommy Carcetti to be their fuckin’ governor. | 有好些人都希望Tommy Carcetti 能当上他们的州长 |
[14:39] | And I can’t imagine what they’re thinking. | 我都不知道他们在想些啥 |
[14:41] | 92, Norman, in a single morning. It is a new record. | 9万2 Norman 就一个早上 都创纪录了 |
[14:44] | The motherfucker killing homeless guys? He grabbed one off the street, | 那个杀流浪汉的兔崽子 他从街上掳了个流浪汉 |
[14:48] | wrapped a ribbon on his wrist, sent a photo to the Baltimore Sun, | 在他手腕上帮了丝带 还发照片给巴尔的摩太阳报 |
[14:50] | – saying we won’t find the body. – He what? | – 声称我们绝不会找到尸体 – 什么 |
[14:52] | The newspaper’s gonna run the photos. | 报社要登这照片 |
[14:56] | Bill Rawls. I need him on the line now. | Bill Rawls 给我马上打给他 |
[15:03] | * You rascal, you * | * 你这无赖 * |
[15:06] | * I’ll be glad when you’re dead * | * 你死掉我心里就舒坦 * |
[15:07] | * You rascal, you * | * 你这无赖 * |
[15:14] | Look at you, you baby-bumpin’ motherfucker. | 瞧你这鸟样 你这虐童的王八蛋 |
[15:18] | Look at you. | 瞧你这鸟样 |
[15:22] | Let’s go. Deputy wants as much of my squad | 走吧 副局长让我现在把组里 |
[15:24] | as I can wrangle upstairs right now. | 能叫上的人都叫到楼上 |
[15:27] | We’re going large Richard on McNulty’s serial killer. | McNulty的连环杀手案 Richard想让我们扩大队伍调查 |
[15:34] | I’m working my cases. | 我在查我的案子 |
[15:36] | Bunk, command performance. | Bunk 御前演出啊 |
[15:38] | The deputy wants bodies. The mayor’s spewing over this thing. | 副局长铁了心要找尸体 市长也倾注心力在这件案子上 |
[15:41] | I’m not going. | 我不去 |
[15:43] | What? You don’t see those on my sleeve? | 怎么 你没见我官比你大吗 |
[15:45] | – Plain as fuckin’ day, Bunk. – I’m doing police work here. | – 明摆着要听令啊 Bunk – 我这干的才是警察的活 |
[15:49] | In fact, I have a fresh angle on last year’s major case, | 其实去年的重案我刚找到新的切入点 |
[15:52] | on which I’m the sole remaining investigator. | 这案子就剩我一个人调查 |
[15:55] | So fuck your stripes and fuck McNulty, | 去他妈的命令 去他妈的McNulty |
[15:58] | and fuck your big-dick redball. | 去他妈的焦点大案 |
[16:01] | If you can’t work with that, just write me the fuck up, | 你要是觉得不服 就打我报告 |
[16:03] | and ship my ass to a trial board. | 告我上法庭 |
[16:14] | So, Alma stays with the investigation and detectives downtown. | 所以首先让Alma跟市区的调查员和警探联络 |
[16:18] | Don’t go home without checking for updates before the e-dot and double-dot editions. | 必须查了二校和三校前的更新才能回家 |
[16:21] | So the case file is McNulty, | 案子由McNulty负责 |
[16:23] | with the rest of his squad as immediate support. | 他组里的其他人作为即时支援 |
[16:26] | Lieutenant D’Addario’s shift will man the wiretap. | D’Addario警督的轮班警员负责盯着窃听器 |
[16:28] | In addition to Alma and Scott, Olesker will have a column coming. | 除Alma和Scott以外 Olesker会开个专栏 |
[16:31] | Fletcher, I want you on homeless react, also interviews with advocates and experts. | Fletcher 我要你去收集流浪汉对此案的看法 还要采访律师和专家的意见 |
[16:36] | Melody, you get on the phone | Melody你给Clifton T. Perkins |
[16:37] | with the whitecoats at Clifton T. Perkins or wherever, | 或别的啥医院的医生打电话 |
[16:40] | and work up a sidebar on what it means when a whackjob kills somebody | 再在侧栏写篇关于疯子杀人 |
[16:43] | and talks to reporters about it. | 还主动告诉记者这意味着什么的报道 |
[16:45] | Greggs, I’ve been scanning the casework. | Greggs 我一直在查阅案件报告 |
[16:47] | While there have been numerous field interviews and canvasses, | 尽管进行了大量的实地调查和访谈 |
[16:50] | we haven’t done much with background work on victims and families. | 我们在受害者背景和家庭调查方面 却没下足功夫 |
[16:53] | If you could take charge of that. | 你去负责这部分 |
[16:55] | Colonel Tomlin, | Tomlin副总警监 |
[16:56] | we’ll need Tactical to provide surveillance cars | 我们需要战略部提供监控车 |
[16:58] | and undercover decoys where the homeless gather. | 还要在流浪汉聚集地安插便衣 |
[17:01] | We need to be in the street, proactive. | 我们要去到街上 主动出击 |
[17:03] | This case is as much about preventing another abduction or murder | 逮捕犯人固然重要 |
[17:06] | as it is about making an arrest. | 防止再次发生绑架或谋杀也同样重要 |
[17:08] | Thing is, we can’t work this one with the phone. | 重点是 这次蹲在办公室 打打电话是不够的 |
[17:10] | We need to be in the street, at eye level. | 我们要去外面 眼见为实 |
[17:12] | We need to keep the media as part of the equation. | 我们要跟媒体合作 |
[17:15] | This reporter that’s been contacted, he’s in the middle of it. | 这位被凶手联络的记者 他是当事人 |
[17:18] | That may be a way to solve this thing. | 也许会是解决这起案件的关键 |
[17:20] | You’re in the middle of this now, | 你现在是当事人 |
[17:21] | so while we’re presenting this as a first-person piece | 所以尽管我们要以第一人称视角写出 |
[17:24] | on your latest contact with the killer, | 你此次与凶手的接触的报道 |
[17:25] | Alma’s going to interview you for the mainbar. | Alma也会在主栏作一篇对你的采访 |
[17:28] | McNulty’s preliminary checks with shelter workers, | 当前McNulty经过对收容所工作人员的初步调查 |
[17:30] | and a canvass of Conway and Charles, indicates that our victim is indeed missing, | 以及在Conway街道和Charles街道 彻查表明受害人确实已经失踪 |
[17:34] | but when we get a full ID, | 但在我们查明受害人身份后 |
[17:36] | we need to run every connection to make sure this isn’t a hoax. | 必须彻查所有跟他有过接触的相关人士 以确保这不是场恶作剧 |
[17:39] | Chief, we need to pull bodies from District Ops | 头儿 我们需要从片警调人手 |
[17:41] | to give Homicide their own surveillance arm. | 助凶杀组的实地监视行动一臂之力 |
[17:43] | And having had some experience in the politics of staffing, | 鉴于McNulty曾有过编制队伍的经验 |
[17:47] | I leave it to McNulty to pick the people. | 我将选派人手之事全权交给他负责 |
[17:48] | For once, people, I am assured | 就这次来看 我向大伙儿保证 |
[17:50] | that the resources we need to work this story will be there for us. | 有关这次报道所需要的所有信息来源 都等着我们去挖掘 |
[17:54] | So let’s surround this mess and report the hell out of it. | 所以让我们去其糟粕取其精华 将此事件大肆报道一番 |
[17:58] | This one’s got legs. | 这次肯定会闹得满城风雨 |
[18:01] | I am now told, by the mayor directly, | 市长直接向我表明 |
[18:02] | that there will be no overtime restrictions, no staffing limits on this case. | 这件案子没有加班限制和人员限制 |
[18:07] | So put this case down. | 所以定要尽快把此案侦破 |
[18:10] | Police work. What do you know? | 这又恢复正常警务了 谁想得到呢 |
[18:17] | Good day. Six G-packs so far. | 生意不错 已经卖掉6包粉了 |
[18:20] | New package be droppin’ them fiends. | 新品种简直让他们欲罢不能 |
[18:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:25] | Probably need one more re-up. | 也许得再补次货 |
[18:28] | – Rare day on the corner, huh? – Step off, nigga. | – 难得上次街头哈 – 滚开 伙计 |
[18:35] | Hey, Mike, check this out. | Mike 瞧这个 |
[18:37] | “Certified hydrotherapist, | “执照水疗师 |
[18:39] | “experience with geriatric patients, | “有照顾老年病人相关工作经验 |
[18:42] | Sinai Hospital outpatient clinic.” | 西奈门诊医院” |
[18:44] | – Jerry who? – Whatever, how about this – | – 老啥来着 – 随便啦 这个怎么样 |
[18:46] | “Dental front desk, | “牙科前台 |
[18:48] | “high-quality dental office seeks front desk.” | “高级牙科诊所招聘前台” |
[18:51] | – What do you mean? Like furniture? – Like a secretary, I guess. | – 啥意思 是说的家具么 – 是说的秘书 我猜 |
[18:54] | Man, you ain’t even ever been to no dentist. | 哥们你都没去看过牙医呢 |
[18:56] | “HVAC maintenance supervisor.” | “采暖通风与空调系统维修主管” |
[18:59] | What the fuck is a huhvac? | 采暖通风什么玩意儿 |
[19:01] | “H-V-A-C.” Maybe they spelled it bad. | “H-V-A-C” 也许他们拼错了吧 |
[19:02] | “Systems manager in a deadline-driven environment.” | “能面对高压力快节奏工作环境的系统经理” |
[19:05] | Man, ain’t nothing there. | 老兄 那上面都是些没谱的 |
[19:07] | Even if there was, you ain’t 16, | 就算有 你也没满16岁 |
[19:09] | and y’all got to pick up Bug after three. | 而且你三点之后还得去接Bug放学 |
[19:11] | Hey, hang on, hang on. | 嘿 等等 |
[19:13] | “Exotic dancer, downtown financial district lunchtime hours. | “脱衣舞者 市中心金融区 午饭时间工作 |
[19:17] | “Must be flexible in body and mind.” | “身体柔软 思想开放” |
[19:21] | Now we talking. | 这才对嘛 |
[19:27] | Hey, make it rain on ’em. Make it rain. | 大爷走过路过 个个出手阔绰 |
[19:31] | – Hold up. – Time out. | – 打住 – 暂停啦 |
[19:38] | Fuck did I do? | 我犯什么事儿了 |
[19:39] | If we don’t know, then you do. | 你心知肚明 |
[19:41] | This is bullshit. | 简直胡说八道 |
[19:48] | Yo, don’t forget about Bug. | 喂 别忘了接Bug |
[19:51] | As this is an ongoing investigation, I’ll ask that you direct questions | 由于案件仍在调查当中 你们要是有问题请直接问警方 |
[19:55] | to the police officials best equipped to answer. | 他们能给出最为准确的回答 |
[19:58] | These new developments in the case of the homeless slayings in our city | 当前市里这起流浪汉残杀案的事态发展 |
[20:01] | are troubling and tragic and unacceptable. | 不仅棘手且不幸 还令人无法容忍 |
[20:05] | We are doing everything possible to locate and identify the individual | 我们目前正尽一切手段找出寄给 |
[20:09] | depicted in the photographs sent to the Baltimore Sun today. | 巴尔的摩太阳报的照片中人的位置和身份 |
[20:13] | We are endeavoring to protect other homeless citizens, | 我们将竭尽全力的保护其他无家可归的市民 |
[20:16] | and we are pursuing the suspect with every means at our disposal. | 我们将调动所有可用资源 不遗余力的追捕嫌犯 |
[20:19] | I have made clear to my police commanders | 我已经向警部指挥官说明 |
[20:22] | that they have my full confidence | 我信任并授权他们 |
[20:23] | and the authority to employ whatever resources they require. | 征用所有行动所需要的资源 |
[20:27] | And let me be unequivocal. | 我的态度非常明确 |
[20:29] | This man will be brought to justice. Thank you. | 凶手必将被绳之以法 谢谢 |
[20:32] | Mr. Mayor, Mr. Mayor! | 市长先生 市长先生 |
[20:54] | Voice and digital photos. | 声音和数码照片 |
[20:56] | He calls again, you’ll capture either one. | 他要是再打来 你就会截到其中之一 |
[21:02] | I can do these background checks myself, Jay.?? | 我可以自己去做背景调查 Jay 没必要让Greggs去… |
[21:04] | You heard the deputy. He specifically assigned Greggs. | 你也听见副局长说的 他特别指定Greggs去 |
[21:07] | Greggs has an open triple. | Greggs手上还有一起三重谋杀 |
[21:09] | And this squad has your serial killer. The case is shit-hot. | 这个组里还有你的连环杀手呢 这案子才是重中之重 |
[21:12] | -Jay, I don’t need… -You are the point man on the motherfucker who’s missing. | – Jay 我不需要… – 你是寻找失踪者的主力队员 |
[21:15] | You don’t have time to work on the older cases. | 没时间去管那些旧案 |
[21:18] | It goes to Greggs, end of fucking story. | 让Greggs去查 不用他妈的多说了 |
[21:21] | Now… what else do you need? | 现在 你还需要什么 |
[21:28] | I’m gonna need those surveillance teams as this thing sprawls. | 等这事传开之后我需要些监视小组 |
[21:30] | For now, let me pull this guy’s ID as fast as I can. Figure what he’s about. | 现在我先尽快查出这人的身份 看看他是个什么人 |
[21:34] | – After that, I’ll have more to spin off. – Voice analysis of the call? | – 在那之后我就能更游刃有余一些 – 要对那通电话进行语音分析吗 |
[21:37] | Shit, I don’t believe in that shit. | 靠 我不相信这玩意儿 |
[21:40] | Next thing I know, you’ll want me to go to Quantico with this fucking thing. | 要不了多久你就会让我 为了这该死的案子去Quantico找FBI了 |
[21:43] | As a matter of fact… | 事实上… |
[21:47] | You don’t believe in behavioral forensics, Dr. Moreland? | 你不相信行为辨析这套吗 Moreland博士 |
[21:51] | I don’t believe in much of anything at this point. | 现在我啥都不信了 |
[21:53] | It doesn’t fucking matter what any of us believe at this point. | 现在咱们信啥都无所谓 |
[21:56] | You turned on the fuckin’ tap, Jimmy. | 你带来这个窃听的案子 Jimmy |
[21:59] | They’re finally paying for police work again. | 他们终于又开始为警务工作付钱了 |
[22:07] | Proud of yourselves? | 你志得意满了 |
[22:12] | We’re close to Marlo. A week or two at most. | 我们就快逮住Marlo的尾巴了 最多还需一到两周 |
[22:16] | How does it feel getting Greggs pulled off her triple? | 害Gregg没法查她的三尸案感觉如何 |
[22:18] | How does it feel knowing that you got surveillance teams out there, | 知道会有监视组 片警 和机动小组 |
[22:22] | and District units, and Tactical, all of ’em chasin’ bullshit. | 为了你们捕风捉影瞎转悠的感觉如何 |
[22:25] | We’re gonna use the surveillance teams. They’ll help us bring in the case, Bunk. | 我们用得上监视小组 他们会帮我们立案 |
[22:28] | I don’t even want to know whose picture you got running in the paper, | 我甚至不想知道报纸上那家伙 是你们从哪儿搞来的 |
[22:31] | or where that motherfucker actually happens to be… | 还有他到底消失去了哪里 |
[22:38] | Names and addresses, whatever you got. | 名字和地址 你有啥给啥 |
[22:42] | – Jimmy… – Don’t kill yourself. | – Jimmy – 小心点别送命 |
[22:44] | Shit. | 去你的 |
[22:46] | Don’t worry, son. I got you covered on all this. | 别担心小子 这些就交给我查吧 |
[22:53] | Listen, one other thing. | 听着 还有件事 |
[22:55] | I’m getting my kid for an overnight. | 我要把孩子接过来住一晚 |
[22:59] | Where do I get kids’ furniture? | 该去哪里给他买家具 |
[23:01] | Ikea. | 宜家 |
[23:03] | See y’all. | 再会各位 |
[23:05] | Shame on y’all. | 你们可真是厚颜无耻 |
[23:07] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[23:14] | – Trace lab. – It’s Moreland. | – 迹证实验室 – 我是Moreland |
[23:16] | You just called. | 你刚刚才打过 |
[23:17] | I know, and I’m callin’ again. | 我知道 我就是要再打一次 |
[23:21] | I need the tracework on 06H271, and I need it now. | 我需要06H271案件的迹证分析 现在就要 |
[23:26] | I know, he hasn’t been around to it yet. | 我知道 他还没做到这里 |
[23:30] | Tell him I called, and tell him I’m gonna keep calling | 告诉他我打过电话 跟他说我会一直打 |
[23:33] | until he feels my fucking pain, all right? | 打到他烦死为止 听见没 |
[23:40] | Gift-wrapped. | 一份大礼 |
[23:45] | Number one. | 去一号审讯室 |
[23:58] | Fuck. | 他妈的 |
[24:00] | How the fuck do they expect me to get this shit done on my own? | 就靠我一个人怎么可能把这事搞定 |
[24:03] | Broke-ass department ain’t even payin’. | 操蛋警局连钱都不给 |
[24:06] | You OK? | 你还好吗 |
[24:10] | It’s fucked up. It’s all fucked up, OK? | 完蛋 全他妈完蛋了知道吗 |
[24:13] | I could make a red go to black ‘cept for these cheap motherfuckers. | 老子啥事儿都能招呼 但就这些狗日的搞不定啊 |
[24:16] | What do you got? | 你手上是啥案子 |
[24:19] | Good snitch put the finger on an eyeball wit been duckin’ me. | 我有个很棒的线人好不容易找到了 一直在躲着我的目击证人 |
[24:23] | He lays up at this one girl’s place at Athol Avenue, right? | 目击证人住在Athol大道一个女孩家里 |
[24:26] | Comes in late, but he leaves early. | 每天早出晚归 |
[24:29] | So? | 那又怎么样 |
[24:30] | So I don’t mind sittin’ on the place all night long an’ not get paid. | 我倒是不介意没有加班费还整晚守在那等 |
[24:33] | But it’s a garden apartment. Parking lots on both sides, | 但那是个带花园的公寓 前后都有停车场 |
[24:36] | and if he decides to park on the street and walk across the grass, | 而且他要是想把车停在街道上直接从草坪走 |
[24:39] | he still has the fucking patio doors. | 也能从该死的阳台门进去 |
[24:42] | Two more men do it? | 需要多派两个人手? |
[24:44] | Yeah, and two more cars, yeah. | 是啊 还得多要两辆车 |
[24:47] | I got more bodies than I can use on my serial thing. | 我的连环杀手案上指给我的人手有余 |
[24:49] | Let me make a call, hook you up with two Tac guys. | 让我打个电话 联系两个机动小组的警员帮你 |
[24:52] | You tell ’em you’re sitting on a 20 that I gave you. | 你告诉他们你守的地址是我给你的 |
[24:54] | – I’ll write up the hours under my file. – And you can do that? | – 我把你的加班时数写进我的文件里 – 你还能这么做? |
[24:57] | Go with God. | 上帝与你同在 |
[25:13] | Can you make out who that is? | 你认得出这是谁么 |
[25:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:18] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[25:20] | Not even blinking. | 连眼睛都不眨 |
[25:25] | Not that I blame you after what this heinous motherfucker did to you. | 我并不是要怪你 这混蛋对你做过的事十恶不赦 |
[25:35] | Still, this right here is vicious. | 但这仍然是起恶性谋杀 |
[25:38] | I mean, whoever did this had a real time. | 我是说 干这事的人可真是心狠手辣 |
[25:41] | Now you know what I’m saying? | 你懂我意思吗 |
[25:44] | Now, I know it wasn’t you, | 现在 我知道不是你干的 |
[25:49] | because with all due respect | 恕我直言 |
[25:51] | you don’t have the physicality to do this kind of damage. | 凭你那几两肉没能耐造成这种重伤 |
[25:55] | I mean, whoever did this had to be a full-grown and powerful individual – | 犯这事的人必须得是个 已经发育完全的强壮成年人 |
[26:00] | a fearsome individual. | 一个看了就让人害怕的人 |
[26:04] | You see what I’m sayin’? | 你懂我意思吗 |
[26:07] | You the murder police. How the fuck would I know? | 你才是管谋杀的刑警 我他妈懂什么 |
[26:14] | – Is this spot good for a stand-up? – Let’s go with a wide shot on this. | – 这位置适合做单人报道吗 – 这里咱们拍个广角镜头 |
[26:38] | Goddamn Pulitzers. | 该死的普利策奖 |
[26:42] | Kinda formula, I know. | 写得有点公式化 我知道 |
[26:44] | Anecdotal lead, nut graf, best quote. | 轶事式导语 核心段落 引述的良言金句 |
[26:47] | It works as a sidebar,but for tomorrow, let’s stretch it some, huh? | 作为侧边栏还不错 但明天咱们再多扩展点写 |
[26:51] | Really spend some time with some of these people, you know? | 要真的去花时间了解这些人 知道吗 |
[26:54] | What I mean is, sometimes, the weakest stuff in a story | 我的意思是 有时候最薄弱无力的报道 |
[26:58] | is the shit with quotation marks around it. | 就是满篇都是引述人家话的 |
[27:00] | You got a guy telling how rough it is on the street, it really doesn’t have much pull. | 你找到个人跟你述说流浪的艰难困苦 并不能激起多少共鸣 |
[27:03] | But if you can describe him as he really is, tell his story in moments… | 但假如你能详述他到底是个怎样的人 在字里行间写尽他的人生路 |
[27:08] | Look, tomorrow,get back in the shelters and the soup kitchens, | 听着 明天回到那个收容所和流动厨房 |
[27:11] | and just be with folk. | 就跟这哥们相处相处 |
[27:13] | I don’t care if you file copy on it. | 我不在乎你明天是不是 只能交出同样的文章 |
[27:15] | I mean if something presents itself as a story, | 我是说 要是在此之中你顺理成章得到个好故事 |
[27:16] | great, but if not, just spend the day being with people. | 那再好不过 但如果没有得到 那就花一天时间跟这些人相处 |
[27:20] | I’m not interested in what can be quoted or counted on this one. | 我不在乎这篇报道有没有什么金句 或是什么有价值的信息 |
[27:23] | I’m interested in what feels true. | 我只在乎真情实感 |
[27:25] | I’m in – 30 inches, with room for Price’s stuff from the hall. | 我搞定了 30英寸的版面 包括Price作的市政厅采访 |
[27:30] | – Scott? – Five minutes. | – Scott – 再五分钟 |
[27:32] | – We’re coming up on first edition. – Three minutes. | – 初版时间就要截止了 – 再三分钟 |
[27:35] | We had him in that, what do you call it, | 我们把他送去 那个叫什么来着 |
[27:39] | – rehabilitation. – Four times. | – 康复中心 – 四次 |
[27:41] | We’re not rich people. | 我们不是什么有钱人家 |
[27:44] | Henry’s on disability. | Henry领着伤残救济金 |
[27:46] | We get him out,he makes all kinds of promises, | 我们接他出来的时候 他什么事都信誓旦旦的满口答应 |
[27:50] | but, well, you know… | 但是 你也知道… |
[27:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[27:55] | The last time, | 上次 |
[27:58] | we decided we wouldn’t be there for him. | 我们决定不再帮助他了 |
[28:03] | We knew he’d probably die out there, | 我们知道他很有可能会横尸街头 |
[28:06] | if the drugs get him, we knew that. | 假如他是死于毒品 我们也早有心理准备 |
[28:09] | But this thing in the newspaper, this sex stuff, | 但报纸上写的那些 性犯罪的事 |
[28:14] | the biting or whatever… | 被咬还是什么的… |
[28:16] | Jesus, nobody deserves that. | 上帝啊 没人该遭这种报应啊 |
[28:23] | You see what I have a problem with, right? | 你们明白我不满的地方吧 |
[28:25] | The first-person is one thing. I know he needs to put himself in the story… | 先不说以第一人称视角来写的问题 我知道他必须把自己也写进报道里 |
[28:29] | It’s essential. | 这至关重要 |
[28:30] | But this business about him being out there day and night with the homeless, | 但他说自己日夜与流浪汉共处 |
[28:34] | I mean, this stuff about sharing their “darkest corners with them,” | 还说道与他们”共庇于黑漆漆的街头巷角” |
[28:39] | He’s writing more as an essayist. | 他是以更贴近随笔评论的方式写的 |
[28:43] | We’ve got a column from Olesker, front metro. | 咱们已经有Olesker的评论专栏了 就在城市新闻版 |
[28:47] | I mean, it’s pretty powerful without being purple. | 虽然专栏辞藻并不华丽 但却振聋发聩 |
[28:51] | But this stuff that Scott’s written, | 但Scott写的这些 |
[28:53] | it makes it sound like he’s been living with the homeless for weeks. | 说得好像他跟流浪汉共度过好几周似的 |
[28:56] | He spends one night under the JFX, | 他不过在高架桥下面待了一晚上罢了 |
[28:58] | another half-day quoting people in a homeless shelter. | 还有半天摘录收容所的人说的话 |
[29:01] | It ain’t exactly Studs Terkel. | 又不是Studs Terkel的水准 |
[29:03] | You don’t think the piece should run as it is? | 你觉得这篇文章不能就这么登报? |
[29:05] | I mean, we have him interviewed about the call from the killer in Alma’s mainbar, | 我是说 在Alma的主栏里已经写了 采访他有关凶手打电话给他的事情 |
[29:09] | we have his quotes. But the rest of this stuff, | 我们已经引用了他的口述 但剩下的这些内容 |
[29:11] | he’s acting like he’s taking his life in his hands, | 感觉他已经置生死于度外 |
[29:14] | he walks another highway at night? | 他彻夜沿公路游荡 |
[29:17] | I mean, this is our fucking city. This ain’t Beirut. | 这里可是城市 又不是黎巴嫩的贝鲁特 |
[29:20] | I respect your concerns. | 我尊重你对此的忧虑 |
[29:22] | I’ll take the piece and move it as my own edit. How’s that? | 这篇文章交给我 就换我作责编如何 |
[29:33] | OK. | 行 |
[29:38] | And while they declined to talk on camera, | 尽管拒绝上镜 |
[29:40] | the parents of Jonathan Boland say they are hopeful | Jonathan Boland的父母说他们希望 |
[29:43] | that the renewed attention to their son’s death a few years ago | 几年前儿子的死亡在近期引起的强烈关注 |
[29:46] | will lead police to his killer. | 能促使警察将凶手捉拿归案 |
[29:48] | For Channel Six News, I’m Cass… | 第六新闻频道报道 我是Cass… |
[29:53] | Media’s going crazy. | 媒体简直炸成了一锅粥 |
[29:55] | City Hall too. | 市政厅也是 |
[29:58] | But for once, we’re getting what we need to do the job. | 不过这次 我们办案所需终于有求必应了 |
[30:01] | – How does it feel? – Forbidden. | – 这种感觉怎样 – 心虚 |
[30:04] | I feel like they’re gonna find out how much we’re spending and shut us down. | 感觉他们会发现花费过多 然后让我们全歇了 |
[30:09] | You don’t have all this in your head yet? | 这些东西你不是早就烂熟于胸了吗 |
[30:11] | I just want to go over it all again. | 我只是想再过一遍 |
[30:13] | We finish voir dire by lunch, and then it’s opening arguments. | 陪审团预审中午结束 然后就是公开庭辩 |
[30:17] | – For Mr. Bond. It’s on him. – He needs a strong second. | – 由Bond先生操刀 责任在他 – 他也需要个强力的次席律师 |
[30:22] | He needs me to know this case inside and out. | 他要求我对这个案子了如指掌 |
[30:32] | How much longer, Lester? | 还要多久 Lester |
[30:33] | If Marlo has a code, we can break the code. That’s a given. | 如果Marlo用了某种暗语 我们就能破解它 这是肯定的 |
[30:38] | How long? Depends on the code, doesn’t it? | 至于要花多久 这得看是什么暗语是吧 |
[30:46] | Quicker we bring this in and shut it down, the safer we’ll all be. | 越快把这事搞定收手 我们就越安全 |
[30:50] | Landsman wants me to go to fucking Quantico, | Landsman想让我去Quantico |
[30:52] | let the FBI do a profile. | 让FBI就犯罪心理为凶手作个侧写 |
[30:55] | Might learn something about yourself. | 也许还能让你更了解自己的内心呢 |
[30:57] | It’s not funny, Lester. | 这不好笑 Lester |
[30:59] | This shit’s bigger than I ever thought it would be. | 这件事闹得太大 超出了我的想象 |
[31:01] | The whole fuckin’ city… | 整个城市都… |
[31:05] | Yeah, Jay. | Jay 是我 |
[31:09] | No. | 不 |
[31:10] | No, I don’t need an academy class | 不用 我不需要警校学生 |
[31:14] | to help with a canvass near this guy’s corners. | 去帮助彻查受害者常驻地点 |
[31:18] | Well, I don’t need any additional canvassing. | 我不再需要彻查了 |
[31:22] | What? You wanna know why? I’ll tell you why. | 什么 你想知道原因 那我告诉你 |
[31:23] | Because I already know the name of the missing smokehound. | 因为我已经知道这失踪老毒虫的名字了 |
[31:26] | Yeah, his name, his DOB, and his last known address at a city shelter. | 对 他的姓名 出生日期 还有他最近为人所知的收容所地址 |
[31:31] | Lawrence Butler, 3/10/1951, | Lawrence Butler 1951年3月11日 |
[31:34] | 400 West Street, South Baltimore Men’s Shelter. | 西街400号 南巴尔的摩收容所 |
[31:39] | How? Police work. | 怎么查到的? 警务工作呗 |
[31:43] | When I have more leads, Sergeant, | 我查到更多线索以后 警长 |
[31:45] | I’ll be able to use the extra manpower you give me and run this shit down. | 我就能用上你派给我的额外人手 将凶手捉拿归案了 |
[31:48] | But until then, will you back off, Jay? | 但在那之前 你少来烦我 Jay |
[31:50] | Yeah, just back the fuck off. | 对 少他妈来烦我 |
[31:55] | Trouble with making this thing into a redball? | 把这案子搞得万众瞩目的麻烦就在于 |
[31:57] | People start to treat it like a fucking redball. | 还真他妈有万众来随时瞩目着 |
[32:00] | Jesus! | 老天爷 |
[32:02] | Get me out of this, Lester, as fast as you can. | 尽快让我脱身 Lester 越快越好 |
[32:06] | Senator! | 参议员 |
[32:08] | Senator! | 参议员 |
[32:10] | Senator, there have been rumors of a last-minute plea offer. | 关于最后关头的认罪协议 大家众说纷纭 |
[32:13] | How can I plead to what I didn’t do? | 我都没做过的事 怎么可能认罪呢 |
[32:18] | What are you reading there, Senator? | 您在看什么书 参议员 |
[32:20] | This here? | 这本 |
[32:21] | Prometheus Bound, an ancient play, | 被缚的普罗米休斯 历史戏剧 |
[32:24] | one of the oldest we have, | 最古老的历史剧之一 |
[32:26] | about a simple man who was horrifically punished by the powers | 讲一个老实人被位高权重之人重惩 |
[32:29] | that be for the terrible crime of trying to bring light to the common people. | 他所犯的弥天罪行不过是 为普通人带来希望之光 |
[32:33] | In the words of Aeschylus, “No good deed goes unpunished.” | 正如作者埃斯库罗斯所言 “好人没好报” |
[32:38] | I cannot tell you how much consolation I find in these slim pages. | 我无法告诉你这些薄薄的书页 抚慰了多少我的心灵之创 |
[32:42] | – One more question, Senator. – Ladies and gentlemen, | – 再问个问题 参议员 – 女士们先生们 |
[32:44] | I do believe I have my day in court, and I will see you inside. | 我相信今天在法庭上会是我的幸运日 咱们里面见 |
[32:56] | City Hall wants an update. What do we know about our missing mope? | 市政厅想知道最新进度 有什么失踪流浪汉的情报吗 |
[33:07] | What else? | 还有啥别的 |
[33:09] | Sending a tape of the call down to Quantico, along with the case file. | 把电话的录音和案件资料都寄去Quantico了 |
[33:12] | They’ll review, then meet with us. | 他们会研究研究 然后跟我们会面 |
[33:13] | You gotta hit every downtown shelter or mission there is. | 你必须把每个市区的收容所都找个遍 或者派人去找 |
[33:16] | – You want bodies for that? – I’m taking Christeson. | – 你需要谁去吗 – 就选Christeson吧 |
[33:20] | – The rookie? – Yeah, he’ll ask the extra question. | – 那新手? – 对 他会多问些问题 |
[33:23] | He’s hungry. He’s… If I need more bodies, I’ll let you know. | 他比较有进取心 他还… 要是我需要跟多人手 会跟你说的 |
[33:32] | Heard what you did with Christeson, | 听说了你帮Christeson干的好事 |
[33:34] | letting him go on his own case, while you carry him and two surveillance teams. | 让他继续查自己的案子 还借你之便要到了两个监视小组 |
[33:38] | Your shit is right, Jimmy. | 干得好 Jimmy |
[33:40] | – Thanks. – So I got another one for ya. | – 谢了 – 我要请你帮个忙 |
[33:43] | You remember the rape-murder I had? Bolton Hill job? | 你还记得我查的强奸杀人案吗 博尔顿山街道发生的那起 |
[33:46] | Brother-in-law of my rapist, last year wouldn’t talk to me, | 强奸犯的姐夫 去年他啥都不愿跟我说 |
[33:50] | but now, his wife just got collared, | 但现在他老婆被捕了 |
[33:52] | and if she gets locked up, his kids go to family services, | 要是她进了监狱 他的孩子就要归福利院了 |
[33:55] | so he’s desperate to deal. | 所以他现在急于跟咱们达成协议 |
[33:57] | The problem is, he’s in the New York system – | 问题就在于 他被关押的监狱隶属纽约系统 |
[34:00] | Elmira, Newburgh, one of those places. | 埃尔迈拉 纽堡 这类地方 |
[34:02] | Anyway, I get a road car and expenses, I can put it down. | 总之 给我辆公路车和路上开销 我就能把案子破了 |
[34:09] | Jimmy, he strangled a 20-year-old, stuffed her under her bed. | Jimmy 他勒死了个20岁的女孩 还把尸体塞在床下 |
[34:16] | OK, give my CC to motor pool. | 好吧 把我的信用卡拿去车辆调配场 |
[34:18] | I’ll bury the expenses and the OT in my file. | 我会把开销和加班时数算进我的案子里 |
[34:20] | Thanks, brother. | 多谢兄弟 |
[34:27] | Ain’t you the little king of diamonds. | 你还真是占山为王了啊 |
[34:35] | Homicide. | 凶杀组 |
[34:37] | Nah, he’s on the street right now. Call back in a couple hours. | 不在 他在外调查 几小时后再打吧 |
[34:42] | On second thought, gonna have Norris with me on that canvass today, boss. | 我转念一想 觉得还是让Norris 跟我一起去实地彻查 头儿 |
[34:51] | And with every single transaction you’ve described, Detective, | 警探 你说的每笔交易 |
[34:54] | the money was routed through the senator’s personal account | 资金都是走的参议员的私人账户 |
[34:58] | – and then withdrawn as cash. – Yes, sir. | – 再以现金形式取出 – 是的先生 |
[35:00] | – Often in the same amounts? – Often the exact amounts, | – 总是以相同的数额吗 – 总是完全相同的数额 |
[35:04] | sometimes slightly smaller amounts, but always within a day of the initial deposit. | 有的时候会略少 但总是会包含一天的预付金 |
[35:09] | Thank you, Detective Freamon. | 谢谢你 Freamon警探 |
[35:11] | Your honor, no further questions. | 法官大人 我没有其他问题了 |
[35:14] | Cross-examination, Mr. Murphy. | 交叉询问 Murphy先生 |
[35:16] | No questions, your honor. | 被告方没有问题 法官大人 |
[35:41] | – You got a number? – What? | – 你有编号吗 – 什么 |
[35:43] | Number on a slip. If you get a number, I might could find you a seat. | 写在纸上的编号 如果你有编号 我就能给你找个位置 |
[35:46] | – It’s mac an’ cheese today. – No, I’m a newspaper reporter. | – 今天吃的是奶酪通心粉 – 不 我是个新闻记者 |
[35:50] | So you got what to eat, then. | 那你不是来这儿吃东西的咯 |
[35:52] | Yeah, came down here just to hang out, and get with some homeless people. | 是的 只是来这里看看 跟流浪者们谈谈 |
[35:57] | How come whenever y’all be wanting homeless, y’all come to the soup kitchens? | 怎么每次你们这些人要找流浪汉 都来我们流动厨房这里找 |
[36:00] | – You don’t serve homeless? – Serve everybody. | – 你们不放饭给流浪汉吗 – 谁来我们都给 |
[36:02] | Homeless, poor folks, workin’ people tryin’ to make it to a paycheck. | 流浪汉 穷人 还没等到发工钱的人 |
[36:06] | Shit, half the neighborhood be up here the week before check day. | 发工资的前一周半个街坊都来了 |
[36:09] | Hey, you’re not… | 嘿 你不是… |
[36:13] | Homeless?No, I’m down in my sister’s basement, | 流浪汉? 不 我住在我姐的地下室里 |
[36:16] | over at Edmondson Village. | 就在Edmondson村那边 |
[36:19] | What you need the homeless to say? | 你想从流浪汉那里问点什么 |
[36:22] | Talk about the killings. The thing going on with the serial killer. | 说点凶杀案有关的 最近的专杀流浪汉的连环杀人犯 |
[36:27] | But mostly, I’m just lookin’ for a story about what it’s like for them. | 但总的说来 我只是想写写他们的真实生活 |
[36:30] | What life is like. | 真实生活 |
[36:32] | Hard times out here. | 餐风宿雨呗 |
[36:34] | I can’t imagine. | 我简直无法想象 |
[36:36] | You gonna write a story about what life’s like, huh? | 你想写他们的真实生活对吗 |
[36:41] | – Bubbles, man. – Mike Fletcher. | – 我叫Bubbles 哥们 – 我是Mike Fletcher |
[36:45] | Sticking for the moment with the West Baltimore Hoops charity, | 继续说说西巴尔的摩篮球慈善机构 |
[36:49] | what were your basic responsibilities there? | 你在那里的主要职责是做什么 |
[36:51] | I can’t rightly say. | 我说不好 |
[36:53] | Yet you drew $40,000 a year as the executive director. | 但你却以执行董事的身份领着四万块的年薪 |
[36:57] | No. All that money went straight back to Senator Davis. | 不 所有的钱都直接还给了参议员Davis |
[37:01] | What, none for you? | 什么 你一个子都没得 |
[37:03] | I got paid through the district office for drivin’ him. | 我是从地方行政办公室那里领着 当他司机的薪水 |
[37:06] | That money I kept. An’ whenever I would go out to snatch some money | 那些钱我自己留着 还有的时候我去外面 |
[37:09] | – for the senator… – Objection. | – 帮参议员抢来的钱 – 反对 |
[37:10] | …he’d sometimes kick me back a few. – Move to strike all of that. | – 他有时候会赏我点回扣 – 把刚才那句的记录都消除 |
[37:13] | Sustained.Disregard that last comment. | 同意 请陪审团忽略以上言论 |
[37:16] | This case is limited to the charges stemming from | 本案仅限于对参议员Davis非法运营 |
[37:18] | the operation of Senator Davis’s nonprofit charities. | 非盈利慈善机构提出控告 |
[37:21] | Other matters are not relevant. | 其他无关问题不在本案讨论范围内 |
[37:27] | Here it is. | 来了 |
[37:41] | What the hell is that? A meet at 5:50? | 那是什么鬼东西 5点50分见面? |
[37:46] | I’m gonna go get up on Monk. | 我去查查Monk在干嘛 |
[37:51] | You have a criminal history, do you not, Mr. Price? | 你曾有过犯罪记录 对不对 Price先生 |
[37:54] | Yeah, I did some years. | 是的 我服过几年刑 |
[37:56] | And when you last got out of prison six years ago, | 你上次出狱是六年前 |
[37:59] | was Senator Davis aware of your criminal record? | 当时Davis参议员知道你有前科吗 |
[38:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[38:04] | And yet he gave you a job, | 但他还是给了你份工作 |
[38:06] | but today, is this how you repay him? | 但今时今日 你就是用这样的行为回报他的吗 |
[38:10] | The testimony you gave about returning the money you earned at the senator’s charities, | 你作证说你从参议员的慈善组织得到的钱 |
[38:15] | you say you repaid it to the senator in cash, correct? | 都全数以现金还给了参议员 对吗 |
[38:19] | Every time. | 每次都是 |
[38:20] | So there’s no proof that the senator ever received that money. | 所以没有任何证据表明 参议员曾收到过那笔钱 |
[38:25] | – Isn’t that correct? – I guess not. | – 对不对 – 我想是没有 |
[38:27] | – You guess not. – I guess not. | – 你想是没有 – 我想是没有 |
[38:32] | Mr. Price, you acknowledged earlier that in exchange for your testimony, | Price先生 你之前承认 作为本次作证人的交换 |
[38:36] | you received immunity from prosecution for any charges related to this case. | 你将被豁免本案与你相关的所有指控 |
[38:42] | Is it fair to say that testifying against Senator Davis | 是不是可以这么说 作出对Davis参议员不利的证明 |
[38:47] | ensures that you will not yourself go to jail? | 能确保你自己不会坐牢 |
[38:51] | – Goddamn right. – Mr. Price. | – 太他妈对了 – Price先生 |
[38:53] | I’m s… Oh, shit, sorry. | 我是说…操 抱歉 |
[38:55] | – Mr. Price. – OK, my B, Judge. Sorry. | – Price先生 – 好的是我不对 法官 抱歉 |
[38:58] | Mr. Price, do you expect this jury | Price先生 难道你指望这些陪审 |
[39:00] | to take the word of a twice-convicted felon | 听信你这个两次被定罪的重犯 |
[39:04] | over the word of a duly elected member of the Maryland state senate? | 而不相信人民投票选出的马里兰州议员吗 |
[39:08] | What can I say? | 我能说什么 |
[39:10] | Y’all can play it like you feel an’ leave me be. | 你们想怎么地就怎么地吧 只要别找我麻烦 |
[39:38] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | – 怎样 – 是我 |
[39:39] | I don’t get it. He hasn’t moved off this spot for an hour and a half. | 我被搞糊涂了 他一直站在原地 一个半小时没挪过地儿 |
[39:43] | All right, well, come on back, then, all right? | 好吧 那你先回来行不 |
[39:47] | Guy’s been hitting the bus shelters every third or fourth night. | 大伙每三四天就去扫次公共汽车候车室 |
[39:50] | We got two wounded and one dead going back to that piece since December. | 那里从12月开始已经发现两人受伤一人死亡 |
[39:54] | All I’m asking is for hours to stake this asshole out. | 我就需要加班加点的监视着那里 把这个混球抓出来 |
[39:58] | Guy’s like clockwork. | 大伙都想要加班费 |
[40:00] | Spot me an’ Garvey three nights, | 派我和Garvey去守三个晚上 |
[40:02] | and the case is fuckin’ down. | 这案子就大功告成 |
[40:06] | – I can give you two nights. – If he hits on the third? | – 我给你两个晚上 – 要是他第三晚才行动呢 |
[40:08] | – One night. – OK, OK. Two nights. | – 一个晚上 – 好吧好吧 两晚就两晚 |
[40:12] | You need to put my CC number on the OT slips | 把我的信用卡号写在加班申请条里 |
[40:15] | – and you give those to Jay… – It’s cool. I know the drill. | – 然后交给Jay – 没问题 我懂这套 |
[40:19] | – You do? – You’re doing good here, boss. | – 你懂 – 你这是在干好事啊 头儿 |
[40:22] | What did you just call me? | 你刚刚叫我什么来着 |
[40:27] | – What the hell is that? – Office reports. | – 这是什么玩意儿 – 警务报告 |
[40:29] | Families of your victims, debriefed in full. | 你那些受害者的家属 全部汇报完毕 |
[40:32] | And believe me, it ruined my week. | 相信我 整周的心情都给听毁了 |
[40:35] | – Rough, huh? – I’m sittin’ there explaining | – 挺艰难的是吧 – 我得坐那儿 |
[40:37] | to the salt of the fuckin’ earth why their eldest, | 给这些疾苦百姓解释为什么 |
[40:39] | who is living on the street because nothing they did could fix his problems, | 由于他们没能帮上儿子的忙 导致他四处流浪无家可归 |
[40:43] | but God knows they tried, | 但天可怜见他们真的尽力了 |
[40:44] | why he met his end being bit on and fucked with by some sick motherfucker | 那为什么他还是被个变态佬用来泄欲 |
[40:48] | who used him for jerk-off purposes. | 被撕咬凌虐不得善终 |
[40:51] | How the shit about the bite marks get in the papers in the first place? | 咬痕这事最开始是怎么见报的啊 |
[40:56] | Gotta run. I got shit to assemble. | 得走了 还得去组装那破玩意儿 |
[40:59] | You didn’t tell me that part of it, did you, motherfucker? | 你可没跟我说过还有这茬 是吧混蛋 |
[41:22] | Jesus… | 我的天 |
[41:24] | that poor guy. | 那个可怜的家伙 |
[41:26] | Wanna take him home with you? | 想收留他回家? |
[41:28] | – I mean, shit, take me. – What? | – 靠 不如收留我吧 – 什么 |
[41:32] | Just having fun with you, man. | 跟你开玩笑呢 哥们 |
[41:36] | Thanks for bringing me here, man, showing me around. | 谢谢你带我来这里 老兄 领我到处转转 |
[41:45] | Nah. Not about that. | 不 不是为了钱 |
[41:49] | Sure? | 你确定 |
[41:51] | Just… write it like it feels. | 你怎么想的就怎么写吧 |
[42:09] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[42:11] | Shit! | 我操 |
[42:40] | Rodney, you can’t press a regular for his whole tab. | Rodney 你不能逼常客把账单都结清 |
[42:42] | It just isn’t done. | 这不是办法 |
[42:44] | I used to run a bar. I know how these things work, remember? | 我以前也是开酒吧的 这方面我是老鸟 记得吗 |
[42:47] | – Gus Haynes in the flesh. – Well, more of it, maybe. | – Gus Haynes大驾光临啊 – 待会再拍我马屁吧 |
[42:51] | How you been? Where you been hidin’? You in Vice still? | 你最近怎么样 都躲哪儿去了 你还在缉捕队当差吗 |
[42:53] | Vice? Shit, that does take me back. | 缉捕队 那都是多久以前了 |
[42:56] | I did eight years in Homicide, brother. Now it’s the Western. | 我在凶杀组干了8年 老兄 现在在西区当巡警 |
[42:59] | Speaking of hiding out, when did you stop comin’ round? Last I saw you was… | 说到躲起来 你都多久没来看看了 上次我见你还是在… |
[43:03] | I’m not running the districts anymore. I’m an editor now, so… | 我后来没在到处跑新闻了 我当了编辑 所以… |
[43:07] | Then you can afford to buy a round. | 那你就请得起大伙喝一轮啦 |
[43:11] | Hey, Dennis. | 嘿 Dennis |
[43:14] | Let me pull your coat. | 咱们叙叙旧 |
[43:16] | Long time, Gus. Don’t tell me you knew I’d be here tonight. | 好久不见 Gus 别跟我说你早料到我今晚会来 |
[43:20] | It’s a cop bar, you know, so, if it’s not you, | 这吧里来的都是警察 要是你没来 |
[43:22] | it’s some other face from back in the day. | 也能遇上几个旧人 |
[43:24] | – Theoretical question. – Theoretical? | – 问你个假设的问题 – 假设的 |
[43:27] | In that case, a double, Rodney – Gus is buyin’. | 这样Gus就得买两轮 Rodney |
[43:29] | Two, Rodney. | 上两轮 Rodney |
[43:32] | So… | 是这样… |
[43:43] | What? | 怎么… |
[43:46] | I seen you at the stash house, yo. | 我看见你去了藏毒点 |
[43:52] | Ain’t you used to be with them Barksdale boys? | 你以前不是跟着Barksdale混的吗 |
[43:54] | – What they call you, yo? – Savino. | – 他们怎么叫你来着 – Savino |
[44:01] | That’s right. Savino. | 这就对了 Savino |
[44:04] | You ain’t never moved no dope. | 你从来不是干运毒这活的 |
[44:06] | You was always muscle as I recall. | 我记得你一直是打手 |
[44:09] | Now you musclin’ for Marlo, huh? | 现在你当Marlo的打手了是吧 |
[44:12] | I wasn’t there. | 我不在那里 |
[44:14] | When they did the old man like that, I wasn’t there. | 他们干掉老爷子的时候 我不在现场 |
[44:17] | Chris an’ Snoop, they on that. | Chris和Snoop 是他们干的 |
[44:20] | I know who was there. So you innocent, huh? | 我知道是谁干的 所以你是无辜的咯 |
[44:25] | Let me ask you somethin’ though. | 那我问你个问题 老弟 |
[44:27] | Bein’ that you muscle for Marlo, | 既然你是Marlo的打手 |
[44:29] | what you was gonna do if you was there, huh? | 要是你当时在现场会怎么做 |
[44:32] | Riddle me that. | 给我说说看 |
[44:37] | Yeah. | 我想也是 |
[44:43] | You know what, yo? | 不如这样吧 |
[44:46] | – Did you hear a gunshot? – Shit. | – 你刚听见枪声了吗 – 我靠 |
[44:55] | Ready? | 准备好了 |
[44:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[44:58] | A’ight. | 好吧 |
[45:05] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[45:06] | – We got to talk. – I’ll come over to you. | – 我们得谈谈 – 我来找你 |
[45:14] | Does that seem possible? | 这有可能办到吗 |
[45:15] | To go through the court system with a false ID? | 用假身份瞒过法院体系 |
[45:18] | Maybe the first time, if she’s got no priors, no prints on file, | 第一次还有可能 假如她没有前科 她的指纹没有入档的话 |
[45:23] | but after that? | 在那之后呢 |
[45:24] | BPI sheets have fingerprint characteristics that are like an FBI bar code. | 出生体质格上有指纹特征 就像FBI的条形码 |
[45:30] | And it’s paired with a photo. | 并且还有配套的照片 |
[45:31] | A name’s one thing, but unless these women are twin sisters | 名字是一回事 但除非这她们是双胞胎 |
[45:35] | and one’s been carrying the other one’s hand around in her purse for the last 12 years… | 而且其中一位还接济另一位的生活12年 |
[45:39] | Somebody’s yanking your chain. | 不然就是有人在糊弄你 |
[45:44] | It’s definitely a code. | 这绝对是种暗号 |
[45:45] | Definitely not having much to do with time. | 肯定跟时间没多大关系 |
[45:48] | We’re at a point where I’m going to need more bodies, | 当前关头我需要更多人手 |
[45:51] | surveillance cars, man-hours. | 监视车 加班时间 |
[45:53] | We’re gonna have to stay on these guys ’til those clocks start to make sense. | 我们要一直盯着这些家伙的动向 直到弄明白这些钟表图都是怎么回事 |
[45:57] | Good news is they’re giving me more manpower than I can waste. | 好消息是上面派下来的人手绰绰有余 |
[46:00] | Bad news? | 坏消息是 |
[46:01] | It’s all around the office that I’m giving out hours and money | 办公室里到处再流传 说我大派工时和加班费 |
[46:03] | to people to work other cases. | 给他们办自己的案子 |
[46:07] | I can’t help it, Lester. It’s the kind of person I am. | 我身不由己啊 Lester 我就是这种人 |
[46:09] | – I give and give. – If you’re not careful, | – 我一直给得停不下手 – 如果你不小心点 |
[46:11] | you’re gonna get shit on you, on us. | 就是在引火烧身 烧咱们俩 |
[46:14] | Who’s gonna complain? | 谁会去抱怨呢 |
[46:16] | Guys are working cases and getting paid. | 大伙都实实在在查自己的案子 而且又有加班费拿 |
[46:20] | So what exactly do you need? | 所以你到底需要什么 |
[46:22] | Seven men. | 七个人 |
[46:24] | No, eight. And cars. | 不 八个 还有车 |
[46:27] | Oh, shit, they offered me men from the districts, | 糟糕 他们提供给我用的是片警 |
[46:30] | and a surveillance supervisor to run the detail. | 还有个监视主管负责特别小组 |
[46:32] | Anyone in the districts we trust? | 片警里有我们能信任的人吗 |
[46:36] | Let me think on that. | 我考虑看看 |
[46:40] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[46:41] | I don’t know how the fuck did you of all people do this shit, huh? How? | 我不知道你们是怎么把这破玩意组装好的 怎么做的 |
[46:45] | – You got the right Allen wrench? – Goddamn directions. | – 你扳手用对了吗 – 该死的说明书 |
[46:48] | What kind of Scotch you using? | 你用的是哪种透明胶 |
[47:00] | Fuck! | 你大爷的 |
[47:01] | Fuck! Fuck! | 靠 靠 |
[47:03] | Piece of shit! | 垃圾玩意 |
[47:05] | Yo, so you talked to Chris, right? What he say? | 你跟Chris谈过了吗 他怎么说的 |
[47:09] | He didn’t say shit. | 他啥都没说 |
[47:11] | He knows I ain’t say a fuckin’ word to no police. | 他知道我什么都不会对条子说 |
[47:13] | And you heard what Little Dermell said to the juvenile master? | 你听说小Dermell 跟少管所教官说什么了吗 |
[47:16] | Lady ask him like, “Yo, you got a record?” | 女士这样问他 “你有前科吗” |
[47:19] | He’s like “Yeah, bitch, I got a record. | 他说”是啊婊子 老子有前科 |
[47:21] | “My record’s so long I’m about to put out an album.” | “老子的前科多得都可以发专辑了” |
[47:27] | Don’t touch that dial, young ‘un. | 把手拿开 小子 |
[47:36] | This a Stanfield corner, huh? | 这是Stanfield的地盘 是吧 |
[47:42] | You know who I am? | 你们知道我是谁吗 |
[47:51] | You make sure you tell the boss man | 你记住跟你老大说清楚 |
[47:53] | that you know who it is dropped Savino last night. | 说你知道是谁昨晚干掉了Savino |
[47:56] | You feel me? | 听懂了吗 |
[47:58] | You tell that man I’m-a drop all his muscle | 告诉他我要把他的打手全部干掉 |
[48:01] | until he get the heart to come down to the street and dance. | 直到他够胆上街来走走 |
[48:07] | You gonna remone that, sweetpea? | 你记住了吗 小子 |
[48:24] | That’s Omar? Damn. | 那就是Omar 靠 |
[48:27] | Savino dead, yo? | Savino死了吗 |
[48:31] | Shit, man, if he woulda made me from Monk’s apartment the other night, | 该死 要是那晚我去了Monk的公寓 |
[48:36] | I might be laid out my own self. | 现在死的就是我了 |
[48:39] | Gimpy as a motherfucker. | 他妈的死瘸子 |
[48:43] | I don’t know, Senator. I want to believe you. | 我不知道 参议员 我想要相信你 |
[48:45] | I mean, I’m your lawyer. | 我毕竟是你的律师 |
[48:47] | But there’s all this up on the board that Mr. Bond has on display – | 但Bond先生在这板上可是写得清清楚楚 |
[48:51] | 11,000 to West Side Hoops, | 1万1千块汇入西区篮球慈善基金 |
[48:54] | next day, $11,000 drawn, | 第二天 1万1千块提现取出 |
[48:57] | then $11,000 deposited in your personal banking account. | 然后这1万1又进入了你的私人账户 |
[49:02] | You bet it all went into my account. | 当然进了我的私人账户 |
[49:04] | It made it easier for me to do my job. | 这样我的工作更顺手 |
[49:06] | And at the end of the day, not one penny stayed with me. | 最后一分钱都没进到我的口袋 |
[49:09] | I need you to do better than that, Senator. | 你得说得更明白点 参议员 |
[49:11] | – Where are your records? – Records? | – 你的明细记录呢 – 明细 |
[49:13] | Yes, records. | 是的 明细 |
[49:14] | For example, this check for $11,000 dated January 22nd. | 比如 这张1月22日开出的1万1千块的支票 |
[49:19] | That was last winter, right? | 那是今年冬天的时候 对吧 |
[49:22] | So, some went to pay everyone’s BGE, | 有的拿去付给了巴尔的摩电气 |
[49:26] | ’cause half my district was gonna have the heat turned off, | 因为我那片地方有一半的人的暖气都被停了 |
[49:29] | and then, some went for puff jackets for them that got children in need. | 还有的用来买了夹克衫 送给了那些家里小孩要的 |
[49:33] | Let me tell you something, man. | 我告诉你吧 |
[49:35] | My neck of the woods, it’s a jungle out there. | 在我们那片地方 穷乡僻壤 |
[49:38] | Everybody living hand to mouth, improvising, hustlin’, | 大家都一贫如洗 勉强凑合着过 |
[49:43] | make do with as little as you can imagine. | 拿着你们难以想象的低收入糊口 |
[49:45] | Hell, that TV show, what’s that, Survivor? | 有个电视节目 叫什么来着 幸存者 |
[49:50] | Man, they want some good contestants, they need to come around westside. | 他们要是想找点顽强的选手 就得到我们西区来 |
[49:55] | Folks I know? We’d do great on that show. | 我认识的那些家伙们 肯定都能在那节目上大放异彩 |
[49:57] | Practice every damn day of our lives. | 每天都在这艰苦的条件下练习着 |
[50:01] | Hell, and Fear Factor? | 更不用说谁敢来挑战了 |
[50:03] | Don’t even get me started. | 我都不用再多提了 |
[50:05] | Forgive me, but I still don’t understand how that justifies… | 抱歉 但我还是不明白这如何能证明你… |
[50:08] | Let me tell you something, brother – | 我跟你说吧 老兄 |
[50:10] | I don’t know how they do it out in Roland Park. | 我不知道他们罗兰公园那边是什么情况 |
[50:13] | Maybe Prosecutor Obonda can enlighten me on that. | 也许检察官Obonda能好好教教我 |
[50:17] | But my world is strictly cash-and-carry, and I am Clay Davis – | 但在我生活的地方都是现金交易 而我是Clay Davis |
[50:22] | my people need something, they know where to find me. | 我的人民有什么需要的话 他们知道去哪儿找我 |
[50:26] | Let me tell you, brother, I step out the door, | 告诉你吧 老兄 我出门在外 |
[50:29] | hit the corner of Mosher and Pennsylvania, | 走到Pennsylvania大道 和Mosher街的时候 |
[50:32] | you better believe my pockets are bulging. | 肯定口袋还是满满的 |
[50:33] | But by the time I get to Robert Street… | 但当我走到Robert街的时候 |
[50:38] | Objection! Objection, your honor. | 反对 反对 法官大人 |
[50:42] | Senator! Senator, take a seat, | 参议员 参议员 请坐下 |
[50:45] | and refrain from off-hand references to Mr. Bond. | 还有请克制对Bond先生的攻击性言辞 |
[50:48] | My apologies, your honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[50:50] | But these charities were set up for basketball leagues | 但这些慈善机构当初是为了 |
[50:54] | in city rec centers, weren’t they? | 市里休闲中心举行的篮球联赛而建的 对吗 |
[50:56] | Yeah, but you give me 20,000 for a basketball and an air pump, | 是倒是 但你捐给我2万块就为了 买个篮球和打气筒 |
[51:01] | I am pullin’ goodly on that for whatever, whoever comes at me. | 我可是有效利用那些钱 为无论何时何地向我求援的人们提供帮助 |
[51:06] | “Senator Clay, I gots to bury my mother, | “Clay议员 我要为母亲下葬 |
[51:10] | “bail out my son, | “要保释我儿子 |
[51:12] | “buy a new shirt for a job interview, | “要为了工作面试买件新衬衫 |
[51:15] | “pay my child’s asthma doctor.” | “要付钱给我孩子的哮喘病医生” |
[51:18] | Takes me half an hour to go a hundred yards, | 我走个一百码都得被耗上半小时 |
[51:21] | and excuse me if I didn’t ask that old arthritis woman for a receipt, | 抱歉我没有向那位 有关节炎的老妇要收据 |
[51:27] | or that young mother needed the Similac to sign a damn piece of paper | 没有让那位只想要袋奶粉的 年轻妈妈签字画押 |
[51:31] | so I don’t have to be up here in this box right now | 要是我这么做了 今天就不会坐在这被告席上 |
[51:34] | explainin’ to folks who never been in our neck of the woods | 向你们这些从没去过我们那带的人 |
[51:37] | how things truly are. | 解释事情的真相 |
[51:40] | And if a jury of my peers, you all, | 如果陪审员们 |
[51:43] | deem it right and true for me to walk out of here | 你们认为我应该以正义无罪之身 |
[51:47] | an upright and justified man? | 从这里走出去 |
[51:50] | I ain’t gonna lie to you. | 我实话实说 |
[51:52] | I’m gonna do the same damn thing tomorrow, | 今后我仍然会日复一日 |
[51:55] | and the day after that and the day after that, | 年复一年的做这些善举 |
[51:57] | until they got me laid out at March’s Funeral Home, | 直到我死后躺在三月殡仪馆 |
[52:00] | and truck me off to Mount Auburn. | 被载往奥本山公墓埋葬 |
[52:08] | Silence. | 肃静 |
[52:10] | Silence in this courtroom. | 法庭内保持肃静 |
[52:11] | What about trailers? Like FEMA. | 拖车怎么样 就像FEMA那样 |
[52:14] | We set up trailers to act as temp housing for some of the… | 我们把拖车布置成临时居所 提供给… |
[52:16] | some of the shelter population. Put ’em down in War Memorial Plaza. | 提供给收容所里的人 将他们安置在战争纪念广场 |
[52:20] | Do you know how much FEMA pays per trailer? | 你知道一辆拖车FEMA得付多少钱吗 |
[52:23] | A dozen trailers for the homeless. | 得要一打拖车才够运流浪者 |
[52:24] | We’ve got three to four thousand on the streets, at least. | 露宿街头的至少有三四千 |
[52:27] | It’s symbolic. You know, we’re doing what we can | 这只是个象征性意义的举动 表现出我们竭尽全力 |
[52:29] | with a civic disaster – like New Orleans. | 为避免全民受累 就像新奥尔良那样 |
[52:32] | Abandoned by the state, ignored by the federal government. | 被州政府抛弃 被联邦政府无视 |
[52:35] | It’s bad enough you want to keep the city shelters open 24/7. | 你让市里的收容所都每天24小时开门 就已经够糟糕了 |
[52:39] | That puts the health department a couple hundred thousand in the red. | 这会给卫生部增加好几万赤字 |
[52:42] | Add that to the overage for letting the police department run wild | 还要加上警局正疯狂增加的 |
[52:45] | – with overtime and investigative costs… – There’s no choice anymore. | – 加班费和调查成本… – 现在别无选择 |
[52:50] | This thing has a lock on everyone’s attention. | 大家都关注着这案子 |
[52:52] | When another victim disappears, we’re gonna be even more on the spot. | 要是再出现一个失踪的受害者 我们会更被推上风口浪尖 |
[52:55] | I’m just telling you, if this goes on more than a month, with what we’ll be spending, | 我就是想告诉你 如果这事拖过一个月 以我们现在花钱的速度 |
[53:00] | you’re looking at cutbacks throughout the agencies, | 就得面临所有机构全面裁员的危机 |
[53:02] | maybe even teacher layoffs come the end of the fiscal. | 也许在财政年末还得裁老师 |
[53:05] | – Teacher layoffs? – By a gubernatorial candidate. | – 裁老师 – 州长候选人裁老师 |
[53:08] | – In an election year. – Lovely. | – 而且就在选举年 – 这下好了 |
[53:20] | Hold up, hold up. | 冷静 冷静各位 |
[53:25] | I just want to say that despite all the false accusations made against me, | 我想说尽管有那么多对我的错误指控 |
[53:30] | the people who I continue to serve have spoken. | 我效力的人民眼睛是雪亮的 |
[53:34] | What the fuck just happened? | 刚刚到底发生了什么 |
[53:36] | …as long as I can to serve the people. | …只要我继续服务于民 |
[53:40] | Whatever it was, they don’t teach it in law school. | 不管刚刚怎么回事 反正法学院可没教过这个 |
[53:46] | 45 inches of Clay Davis playing not just the race card, | 45寸版面关于Clay Davis不但大打种族牌 |
[53:49] | but the whole deck, coming at ya. | 还大获全胜的报道 现在发给你 |
[53:52] | Got it. Thank you. | 收到 谢谢 |
[53:55] | Someday you’re going to have to explain all this to me, Gus. | 哪天你得跟我解释下这都怎么回事 Gus |
[53:58] | After watching that verdict come in, I feel very white. | 在看了裁决结果之后 我感觉自己有点种族歧视了 |
[54:02] | Well, start with some James Brown records and work up from there. | 先听点James Brown的专辑再慢慢学起吧 |
[54:12] | It’s embarrassing, ain’t it? | 真丢人 是吧 |
[54:13] | I can’t believe nobody had sense enough to tone this down. | 我不敢相信竟然没人理智到把这篇报道压下去 |
[54:17] | The hype is bad enough, but what gets me is that I can’t trust the guy. | 炒作就已经够糟糕了 最让我闹心的是我无法相信这家伙 |
[54:20] | I send him back out on the street to own his mistake, | 我让他回街上去纠正自己的错误 |
[54:23] | he comes back with some bullshit about stolen identities. | 他回来给我乱扯一通身份被盗用什么的 |
[54:26] | I don’t give a fuck he gets took. Everybody gets took now and then. | 我不介意他偶尔添油加醋 大家都会有错上加错的时候 |
[54:29] | – I know I did. – It’s about not owning up to it. | – 反正我这么干过 – 我介意的是他不承认错误 |
[54:32] | Gus, this thing with the woman and the crab cake? | Gus 这个蟹饼及女人的故事 |
[54:35] | You think the first time you catch him is the first time he does it? | 这是你第一次发现 但你觉得这是他首次胡来吗 |
[54:38] | A lot of guys’ll try to duck a correction, | 大部分人都会赶紧修正自己的错误 |
[54:41] | but he was standing on an outright lie, and if he’ll lie about a correction… | 但他在明摆着的谎言面前还理直气壮 如果他连纠正错误都要撒谎… |
[54:45] | Then will he lie to make a story better than it ought to be? | 那他会不会为了让故事好看些而胡编乱造呢 |
[54:50] | I keep thinking about that kid in the wheelchair out in front of Oriole Park. | 我老是在想那个金莺公园外坐轮椅的小孩 |
[54:53] | The one that only had a nickname. | 只有外号的那个小孩 |
[54:57] | A black kid from the westside, crazy for baseball? | 来自西区的黑人孩子 疯狂痴迷棒球 |
[55:00] | Basketball, yeah. | 篮球说得通 |
[55:02] | Football, sure. | 橄榄球也行 |
[55:06] | I don’t wanna call another reporter a liar. | 我不想再断言哪个记者是骗子了 |
[55:08] | I really don’t. | 真的不想 |
[55:30] | What’s the matter, baby? | 怎么了 宝贝 |
[55:36] | You can’t sleep? | 你睡不着吗 |
[56:22] | Let’s see. | 咱们看看啊 |
[56:24] | Let’s say good night to everybody. | 咱们对大家都道声晚安吧 |
[56:32] | Good night, moon. | 晚安月亮 |
[56:36] | – You say it. – Good night, moon. | – 你来说 – 晚安月亮 |
[56:38] | There you go. Good night, stars. | 这就对了 晚安星星 |
[56:42] | Good night, stars. | 晚安星星 |
[56:45] | – Good night, po-pos. – Good night, po-pos. | – 晚安警警 – 晚安警警 |
[56:50] | – Good night, fiends. – Good night, fiends. | – 晚安坏蛋 – 晚安坏蛋 |
[56:54] | – Good night, hoppers. – Good night, hoppers. | – 晚安毒贩 – 晚安毒贩 |
[56:57] | – Good night, hustlers. – Good night, hustlers. | – 晚安小偷 – 晚安小偷 |
[57:02] | – Good night, scammers. – Good night, scammers. | – 晚安骗子 – 晚安骗子 |
[57:06] | – Good night to everybody. – Good night to everybody. | – 晚安各位 – 晚安各位 |
[57:10] | Good night to one and all. | 大家都晚安 |
[57:13] | Good night to one and all. | 大家都晚安 |