时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I’ve had another complaint. | 我收到了另一份投诉 |
[00:01] | 医委员会 重要信息 请勿忽视 投诉通知 | |
[00:01] | And it’s a GMC one. It’s going to tribunal. | 这次是医委员会的 要诉诸法庭 |
[00:03] | Why would Erika complain again? | 为什么艾瑞卡又投诉了 |
[00:05] | She hasn’t. It’s anonymous. | 她没有 这次是匿名投诉 |
[00:06] | You think that you are the cleverest person in the room, | 你总觉得自己是房间里最聪明的人 |
[00:10] | and that makes you dangerous. You’re a liability! | 这也让你变得危险 你是个累赘 |
[00:12] | I mean, I guess you are the one who sent her home early | 毕竟之前是你让她出院回家的 |
[00:14] | – and then falsified the notes. – All right, Judge Judy! | -然后伪造了那些报告 -行了 茱蒂法官 |
[00:17] | If you ever want to chat about Harry, you know I’m here for you. | 如果你想聊聊哈利的事 你知道我会倾听 |
[00:19] | I think I’m actually designed to be on my own. | 我觉得自己可能注定要孤独终老 |
[00:22] | I’m sorry. I really did try. | 抱歉 我真的尽力了 |
[00:25] | I don’t know what she was thinking. | 我不知道她在想什么 |
[00:38] | Sorry you’ve ended up with a twin room. | 很抱歉最终给你安排了双人房 |
[00:41] | No room at the inn today. | 今天没空房了 |
[00:42] | Better than a bunk bed, I guess. | 这总比双层床好 |
[00:43] | Yeah – get four to a room that way! | 是啊 那样一个房间就能住四个人了 |
[00:49] | Sorry! Sorry about the room. | 抱歉 抱歉让你们拼房 |
[00:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:02] | Hey, baby! | 宝贝 |
[01:06] | I’m so sorry about all this. | 我很抱歉 |
[01:08] | He got wasted at the office party. | 他在办公室聚会上喝醉了 |
[01:10] | I’m going to strangle him later. | 我晚点再掐死他 |
[01:12] | Make sure you do a thorough job – | 那你一定要把他彻底掐死 |
[01:13] | because they’re really busy in A&E. | 因为急诊室真的很忙 |
[01:15] | – That’s a nice big contraction now. – One last big push for me. | -现在宫缩很剧烈 -最后再用力一次 |
[01:18] | You’re doing really well. | 你做得很棒 |
[01:21] | Stop pushing. Pant. | 不用用力了 喘气吧 |
[01:33] | Love you! | 我爱你 |
[01:35] | Love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:52] | Sir! | 先生 |
[01:54] | Sir! Stop that. | 先生 停下 |
[01:55] | This is not a toilet, you absolute… | 这里不是厕所 你完全… |
[01:58] | – to the… slow – Where? Wait, wait… | -去…慢点 -要去哪 等等… |
[02:03] | 疼 痛 难 免 第七集[季终] | |
[02:06] | Why don’t you pop downstairs and go for a walk for half an hour? | 不如你先去楼下散步半小时吧 |
[02:08] | What, you can’t squeeze us in before then? | 怎么 你不能在那之前给我们挤出床位吗 |
[02:11] | I’m not running a Pizza Express, sir. | 这里可不是披萨速递 先生 |
[02:13] | – Who bleeped me? – Tracy needs an FBS done, love. | -你呼我了吗 -特蕾茜需要FBS 宝贝 |
[02:16] | Do me an FBS. | 帮我去取FBS |
[02:18] | – What does FBS mean? – Foetal blood sample. | -FBS是什么 -胎儿血样 |
[02:22] | – Which room? – Five. | -哪间病房 -五号病房 |
[02:24] | Are you going to go to Shruti’s thing later? | 你等会要去施卢蒂的追悼会吗 |
[02:26] | Well, I was planning to, but I’m not | 我打算去 但我不确定 |
[02:27] | sure I can leave all this with a | 能不能把这里全权交给一位 |
[02:29] | PE teacher in scrubs. | 穿着手术服的体育老师 |
[02:31] | Adam, can I ask you a question | 亚当 我能问你一个 |
[02:32] | about a patient I’ve just seen? | 我刚刚接诊的病人的问题吗 |
[02:34] | – Quick, then. – So…she’s 32 and a half years old, | -快问 -她三十二岁半 |
[02:38] | she’s 37 weeks pregnant, generally fit and well. | 怀孕三十七周 总体健康良好 |
[02:41] | She has asthma, so sometimes… | 她有哮喘 有时候… |
[02:43] | Quick’s the one when you get to the fucking point. | 我说的”快问”是让你说重点 |
[02:47] | – Right. She’s got a urine infection, so… – Yeah, erm… | -嗯 她尿路感染了 -对… |
[02:52] | So, should I give her some antibiotics? | 那我应该给她用抗生素吗 |
[02:54] | As opposed to what, a healing crystal and some magic runes? | 不然呢 用治疗水晶和魔法石吗 |
[02:59] | Absolute waste of organs. | 简直就是浪费器官 |
[03:00] | And the award for Boss of the Year goes to…! | 年度最佳上司的获得者是… |
[03:13] | Angle the lamp a bit better for me. | 把灯的角度调好一点 |
[03:18] | Please? | 说麻烦了 |
[03:21] | Please. | 麻烦你了 |
[03:25] | Remember to file another complaint about my manners. | 记得也要投诉我态度不好 |
[03:27] | I’ve had weeks of this now, Adam. | 我已经忍了好几周 亚当 |
[03:29] | – Can you stop being quite so much of a twat. – Tracy! | -你能不能别犯浑了 -特蕾茜 |
[03:32] | No, don’t “Tracy” me! Anyway, the patient’s deaf. | 别 别叫我特蕾茜 再说 病人是聋子 |
[03:35] | And if she wasn’t sure, I’m sure she’d agree | 就算她不是聋子 我保证她也会认同 |
[03:37] | that was a pretty twat-ish thing to say. | 你说的话很混蛋 |
[03:39] | I know old habits are hard to change, | 我知道旧习惯很难改 |
[03:41] | but want to try being professional? | 但你能专业一点吗 |
[03:43] | What, like you? | 怎么 像你一样吗 |
[03:44] | Well, that’s assuming I still have a profession | 前提是在明天听证会后 |
[03:46] | after my hearing tomorrow. | 我还能保住饭碗 |
[03:51] | And just so you know, I’m nipping out to Shruti’s memorial | 你也知道 如果可以 我会挤出五分钟 |
[03:54] | for five minutes, if I can. | 参加施卢蒂的追悼会 |
[03:55] | What, so you’ve got time for her now she’s dead, do you? | 怎么 她死了你就突然有时间关心她了吗 |
[04:01] | I’m…sorry. I didn’t mean that. | 对不起 我不是这个意思 |
[04:05] | Absolutely sure that it’s me that’s the twat? | 你真的确定犯浑的人是我吗 |
[04:08] | You do know I can lip-read, right? | 你们知道我能读懂唇语吧 |
[04:17] | You coming to the memorial? | 你是去参加追悼会吗 |
[04:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:27] | – Have fun. – Hey, give me that. | -好好去吧 -我去吧 |
[04:31] | She’d have wanted you there. | 她肯定希望你出席 |
[04:34] | – You sure? – Of course. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[04:43] | You’ve got 30 seconds. | 你有三十秒时间 |
[04:44] | Right. So Emma’s been getting this weird pain in her groin. | 好 艾玛腹股沟出现了异常疼痛 |
[04:47] | It only happens if she stands on one leg, but it’s agony. | 只有当她单腿站立才会痛 但很痛苦 |
[04:50] | – What do you reckon? – Stand on two legs. | -你怎么看 -那就用双腿站立 |
[04:52] | I mean, if she’s putting her trousers on. | 那她穿裤子怎么办 |
[04:54] | It’s probably just symphysis pubis dysfunction. | 可能只是趾骨联合功能障碍 |
[04:56] | It’s nothing to worry about. See a physio. | 不用担心 去看理疗师 |
[04:57] | They can give her this special belt thing. | 他们会给她特殊的腰带 |
[04:59] | You’re a legend, and… | 你真厉害 还有… |
[05:00] | Time’s up! Bye. | 时间到 再见 |
[05:11] | Thanks so much to so many of you for coming. | 非常感谢你们这么多人出席 |
[05:14] | Christ knows who’s looking after the labour ward. | 天知道谁在守护产房 |
[05:16] | Better not be me! | 最好别是我 |
[05:18] | We’re obviously here | 我们聚在这里 |
[05:18] | to remember Shruti Akarya | 是为了纪念施卢蒂·阿卡理雅 |
[05:21] | and to unveil this lovely… | 以及揭幕这棵可爱的… |
[05:25] | ..I’m going to say oak tree in her honour. | 就当是橡树吧 用于纪念她的橡树 |
[05:29] | So let me hand over, first of all, to Mr and Mrs Akarya. | 首先 有请阿卡理雅先生和太太发言 |
[05:33] | – Acharya. – Acharya. | -是阿查理雅 -阿查理雅 |
[05:38] | Thank you, all, for coming. | 感谢你们的出席 |
[05:42] | You know, Shruti loved being a doctor. | 众所周知 施卢蒂热爱医生这个职业 |
[05:46] | But every time she called us, she would tell us how much | 但每次她给我们打电话 她都会告诉我们 |
[05:48] | she enjoyed working with you all. | 她跟你们一起工作很开心 |
[05:53] | Shruti…brought us huge pride in everything she achieved. | 施卢蒂成就的一切 都让我们无比骄傲 |
[05:59] | And it brings us great joy | 我们很高兴 |
[06:01] | that she will live on, not just in our hearts and our minds, | 她不仅将继续存在于我们心中和脑海中 |
[06:07] | but in this beautiful tree which | 还将永驻于这棵 |
[06:10] | will live longer than anyone here. | 比在场任何人都长寿的树中 |
[06:19] | As Shruti’s educational supervisor, | 作为施卢蒂的教育督导 |
[06:22] | I know first-hand | 我亲眼见证了 |
[06:23] | what a committed and dedicated doctor she was, | 她是一名尽职尽责且有奉献精神的医生 |
[06:27] | as evidenced by her passing her Part One exam first-time – | 她一次就通过了第一部分的考核就是证明 |
[06:32] | something, I might add, I did not do. | 补充一句 我都做不到 |
[06:34] | Seven driving tests, too, and counting. | 而且我还参加过七次驾考 还没考过 |
[06:37] | Can do a caesarean in five minutes with one hand, | 我能在五分钟内单手做剖腹产 |
[06:38] | can’t reverse around a bloody corner! | 却没法在拐角处倒车 |
[06:42] | We’re all the poorer for her loss. | 我们都为她的离去而惋惜 |
[06:46] | But depression is cruel, and in Shruti’s case, silent. | 但抑郁症是残酷的 在施卢蒂身上 是无声的 |
[06:53] | While she was… | 当她… |
[06:56] | ..clearly doing well at work, | 出色完成工作的同时 |
[06:58] | obviously, there were other forces at play. | 显然还遭遇了其他事情 |
[07:02] | In life, like on labour ward, | 就像在产房 生活中 |
[07:04] | you never really know what’s around the corner. | 你永远不知道即将发生什么 |
[07:11] | – Miss Houghton? – All right? | -霍顿女士 -什么事 |
[07:13] | I think maybe Shruti wasn’t quite as happy at work as you said. | 我想施卢蒂工作中也许并没你说的那么开心 |
[07:17] | No? Do you reckon? | 是吗 你以为呢 |
[07:20] | Well, what did you want her parents to hear, | 你希望我对她父母说什么 |
[07:22] | that she couldn’t hack it? | 说她无法胜任这项工作吗 |
[07:24] | I mean, like, shouldn’t there be some kind of investigation? | 我是说 是不是该调查一下 |
[07:29] | Or are we all just going to keep pretending | 还是我们要继续假装 |
[07:31] | there’s nothing wrong with this place? | 这个地方没任何问题 |
[07:33] | Sorry, I must be dementing. | 抱歉 我一定是老年痴呆了 |
[07:34] | When did I say there was nothing wrong? | 我什么时候说没问题了 |
[07:37] | This hospital’s got about three doctors and a budget of £12.50. | 这家医院医生少 预算低 |
[07:40] | So, if you want to change it, become a government minister, | 如果你想改变这一点 就去当政府部长 |
[07:43] | because there is bollocks-all any of us here can do. | 因为我们是什么都做不了 |
[07:46] | Well, I… | 我… |
[07:50] | So what do we do now, then? | 那我们现在要怎么做 |
[07:51] | Well, we all toddle off back to work, don’t we? | 我们全都回去工作 对吧 |
[07:55] | And eventually they forget to water the tree and that dies as well. | 最终 他们会忘记给树浇水 树也会死 |
[08:18] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[08:23] | Did you work closely with Shruti? | 你和施卢蒂在工作中关系密切吗 |
[08:27] | I… | 我… |
[08:30] | No, not really, no. | 不 不是 没有 |
[08:36] | But she’s much missed. | 但大家都很怀念她 |
[08:46] | Walk with me, Kay. | 跟我去走走 凯 |
[08:50] | So…tomorrow’s your big day at GMC towers? | 明天是你去医委员会受审的日子 |
[08:55] | Yes, yeah. It is, yeah. | 对 没错 是的 |
[08:58] | I must say, I’m very sorry you’re going through all this. | 我必须说 很遗憾你要经历这一切 |
[09:00] | For what it’s worth, I think it’s bloody unfair | 无论如何 我觉得像这样被吊销行医资格 |
[09:01] | – that it has to end like this. – I’m not sure it’s going to end. | -非常不公平 -我不认为会被吊销行医资格 |
[09:06] | Well, you falsified the notes. Seemed pretty cut-and-dry to me. | 你伪造了报告 在我看来这事已成定局 |
[09:09] | I’m not sure anyone really comes back from that. | 我觉得这种官司无人能逃过一劫 |
[09:12] | No, I wrote what you told me to write, | 不 我按你吩咐写了 |
[09:13] | and then you weaselled back on it. | 然后你又矢口否认 |
[09:15] | Well, my lawyer thinks I stand a fighting chance. | 我的律师认为 我有机会赢 |
[09:19] | How are you intending to play things at the tribunal? | 你打算在法庭上怎么做 |
[09:23] | Well, hopefully I’ll persuade them | 希望我能说服他们 |
[09:25] | that a simple lapse in my professional judgment | 我专业判断上的一个小失误 |
[09:29] | shouldn’t need to bring my future into question. | 不该影响到我的未来 |
[09:32] | You’re a bloody good doctor, Adam. | 你是个好医生 亚当 |
[09:35] | We need more doctors like you. | 我们需要更多像你一样的医生 |
[09:37] | You owe it to yourself, to your patients, to stay in the game. | 为了你和你的病人 你必须继续当医生 |
[09:41] | If I was in your position, | 如果我是你 |
[09:42] | I think I’d try and realign the narrative ever so slightly. | 我想我会试着稍微换个说法 |
[09:48] | I’m not sure that I follow. | 我想我没听懂 |
[09:50] | Well, you just tell our friends at the GMC | 你就告诉我们在医委员会的朋友 |
[09:54] | that your colleague, Dr. Acharya, mistakenly told you | 你的同事阿查理雅医生错误地告诉你 |
[09:58] | that I said it was OK to send the patient home | 我同意让病人回家 |
[10:02] | when, in fact, she hadn’t spoken to me. | 而实际上她并没问过我 |
[10:06] | She and she alone knocked over the first domino. | 她 且唯有她是这一切的始作俑者 |
[10:12] | But she… But she didn’t do that. | 但她…她没这样做 |
[10:15] | Who’s to know? | 谁知道呢 |
[10:19] | You’re suggesting that I throw her… | 你是建议我让她… |
[10:22] | …I throw Shruti under the bus? | 让施卢蒂来背这个黑锅吗 |
[10:23] | No-one loses this way. | 这样没人会有损失 |
[10:25] | It’s time for pragmatism, Adam, not emotions – | 是时候务实点了 亚当 别感情用事 |
[10:28] | if you want to keep your job, that is. | 如果你想保住工作 就这么说 |
[10:46] | I’ve got a crowbar! | 我有撬棍 |
[10:49] | Just me, Mum. | 是我 妈 |
[10:51] | I know it’s just you. I’ve come to smash up the piano. | 我知道是你 我只是来砸了这架钢琴 |
[10:56] | Schubert. | 舒伯特 |
[10:58] | You’d never know just from listening. | 听你弹是听不出来 |
[11:03] | You all set for tomorrow? | 明天的庭审你准备好了吗 |
[11:05] | – Yeah, I guess. – It’s just a hiccup. | -我想是的 -没什么大不了的 |
[11:08] | It’s a vexatious bit of bureaucracy. | 这只是种烦人的官僚作风 |
[11:11] | – You are going to shave, right? – Mm-hm. | -不过你要刮胡子 好吗 -好的 |
[11:13] | Make sure you give a good showing, Adam, | 你一定要好好表现 亚当 |
[11:15] | because we’ve all worked so hard to get you here. | 因为我们费劲心力才让你成功当上医生 |
[11:19] | Oh, “we”, is it? | 是”我们”吗 |
[11:20] | Remind me how many labour ward shifts you’ve done. | 说说你在产房值过多少次夜班 |
[11:23] | Oh, just the one visit to a labour ward, | 我就去过一次产房 |
[11:25] | and then an entire lifetime given up to getting you here. | 然后放弃了自己的一生帮你成为医生 |
[11:30] | Not sure I remember ever asking you to. | 我想我没求你这么做 |
[11:32] | Quite how you ended up so rude, I’ll never know. | 我不知道你怎么变得这么没礼貌 |
[11:38] | A mystery for the ages. | 真是千古之谜 |
[11:55] | We are now approaching Manchester Piccadilly, | 我们即将到达本次列车的终点站 |
[11:58] | where this service terminates. | 曼彻斯特皮卡迪利站 |
[12:01] | Yeah, so just say yes or no to their questions. | 好吧 对于他们的问题只回答”是”或”不是” |
[12:03] | And anything that needs a longer answer than that, I’ll take it. | 任何比那更长的回答 由我来说 |
[12:10] | Am I going to be all right? | 我会没事吗 |
[12:12] | Yeah, totally. | 当然 一定的 |
[12:17] | Oh, sorry, hang on. What did you say? | 抱歉 等等 你刚才说什么 |
[12:20] | – Am I going to be all right? – Oh, Christ knows. | -我会没事吗 -天知道 |
[12:23] | But… But you know my motto – | 但 但你知道我的座右铭 |
[12:26] | never say never. | 永不言弃 |
[12:30] | – I’m going to go to the bathroom. – OK. | -我要去上厕所 -好吧 |
[12:34] | You’ve got five minutes, Alan. | 你有五分钟 艾伦 |
[12:50] | Just do it. | 就这么说吧 |
[12:53] | You treated me like shit when I was alive. | 我活着时你对我那么糟糕 |
[12:54] | What does one more time matter? | 再来一次又何妨 |
[13:16] | You weren’t doing coke in there? | 你不会是进去吸毒了吧 |
[13:20] | No. | 不是 |
[13:23] | Adam Kay? | 亚当·凯 |
[13:29] | Right, after you. Good luck. | 好吧 你先请 祝你好运 |
[13:37] | Hope you saved some for us afterwards. | 希望你为我们之后的庆祝留了一点 |
[13:48] | Great. I’m going to get struck off in a room | 好吧 我要在一个看起来用来上 |
[13:50] | that looks like it’s used for a speed-awareness course. | “速度意识”课的房间里被取消行医资格 |
[13:56] | Good afternoon. My name is Tina Sharpehouse, | 下午好 我叫蒂娜·夏普豪斯 |
[13:59] | and I’m the tribunal chair. | 是法庭庭长 |
[14:01] | This is a fitness to practise hearing for Adam Richard Kay. | 这是亚当·理查德·凯的执业能力听证会 |
[14:06] | Would you please stand up, Dr. Kay? | 请起立 凯医生 |
[14:10] | Still calling me “doctor” – that’s a good start. | 依然叫我”医生” 这是个好的开始 |
[14:12] | Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth | 你发誓会据实陈述一切 |
[14:14] | and nothing but the truth? | 毫不欺瞒吗 |
[14:23] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[14:24] | Please be seated. | 请坐 |
[14:27] | On April 16th, at 4.15pm, | 4月16日下午4点15分 |
[14:31] | you reviewed patient Erika Van Hegan, | 你为患者艾瑞卡·范海根做了检查 |
[14:34] | 25 weeks pregnant and presenting with a headache. | 她怀孕25周 主诉头痛 |
[14:38] | You discharged her home. | 你让她出院回家了 |
[14:40] | You wrote in the notes that you had discussed this decision | 你在报告里写道 你和你的主任医生 |
[14:44] | with your consultant, Mr. Nigel Lockhart, | 奈吉尔·洛克哈特先生讨论过这一决定 |
[14:47] | a fact that he denies. | 而他不承认有这事 |
[14:48] | – I’d like to say a few words. – No, you wouldn’t! | -我想说几句 -不 你不行 |
[14:50] | There’s time for you to say anything you need to later on. | 待会有时间让你陈述 |
[14:53] | – You may sit back down. – On the day in question, | -请坐下 -那一天 |
[14:55] | I was working alongside an SHO colleague… | 我与一位住院医生一起工作 |
[15:02] | …called Shruti Acharya. | 她叫施卢蒂·阿查理雅 |
[15:10] | I did not see that coming. | 我没想到会这样 |
[15:12] | I mean, if you’d asked me before, I’d have said you were toast, | 如果你之前问我 我会说你输定了 |
[15:14] | but then – bam, out of nowhere – you come out with that. | 但后来 你突然说出那些话 |
[15:18] | I literally can’t believe we won. | 真不敢相信我们居然赢了 |
[15:21] | I can’t tell you how much I needed this, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我真的非常需要打赢这场官司 |
[15:23] | My numbers have NOT been good this year. | 我今年的胜率可不太好 |
[16:12] | Good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[16:13] | – You too. – Do you want…something? | -你也是 -你想要来点什么吗 |
[16:16] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[16:20] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[16:21] | Yeah, not bad. | 不太坏 |
[16:23] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[16:25] | The couple downstairs have a new baby, | 楼下那对生了个孩子 |
[16:26] | which screams, like, 20 hours a day, | 一天有20个小时都在哭闹 |
[16:28] | so your timing was pretty good. | 所以你离开的时机刚刚好 |
[16:34] | You’re looking well. | 你看起来不错 |
[16:36] | Does that mean fat? | 是说我胖了吗 |
[16:39] | It’s her cooking. It’s… | 因为她做饭 |
[16:40] | You know, the main ingredient is butter. | 主要食材就用黄油 |
[16:45] | How is it? | 怎么样 |
[16:47] | Attached back to Mummy’s apron strings? | 重新被系在妈咪的围裙上的感觉 |
[16:49] | They’re slightly strangling. | 有点感觉被勒住了脖子 |
[16:52] | But, you know, | 但你懂的 |
[16:54] | when did a bit of light strangulation ever hurt anyone? | 轻轻勒一下又能伤到谁呢 |
[17:03] | So, I had a good chat with the estate agents. | 所以我和房屋中介好好谈了一下 |
[17:06] | They said there’s actually a six-month break clause, | 他们说因为有六个月的中止协议 |
[17:08] | so I can move out in September. | 所以我可以在九月份搬走 |
[17:11] | I printed off the form. | 我把表打出来了 |
[17:13] | You just need to sign at the bottom. | 你只需要在最下面签个字 |
[17:23] | How’s work? | 工作如何 |
[17:29] | Shit. | 狗屎一样 |
[17:37] | Shruti? | 是施卢蒂吗 |
[17:40] | It’s so horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[17:44] | I just keep playing over in my mind everything I said to her. | 我一直在回想我和她说过的每一句话 |
[17:52] | Everything I should have said. | 所有我该和她说的 |
[17:58] | Everything I shouldn’t. I just… | 所有我不该说的 我只是… |
[18:00] | ..I don’t understand how it… | 我不明白为什么会… |
[18:04] | Anyway. | 算了 |
[18:07] | I let her down so terribly. | 是我太辜负她了 |
[18:10] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别自责了 |
[18:14] | I’m sure you were a great boss. | 我敢肯定你是一个好上司 |
[18:15] | I was a crap boss. | 我是一个废物上司 |
[18:19] | Crap boyfriend. Crap doctor. | 废物男朋友 废物医生 |
[18:23] | Hey, come on. | 别这样 |
[18:25] | So, what, I was an amazing boyfriend? | 所以 怎么 我是超棒男友吗 |
[18:35] | What are you doing Saturday? | 你周六做什么 |
[18:37] | A 10k. | 一万米跑 |
[18:39] | That sounds awful. | 听起来好累 |
[18:42] | Well, there’s still a place at Greg’s wedding if you fancy it. | 如果你想 格雷格婚礼上还有你的位置 |
[18:46] | And that’s meant to be an upgrade? | 这比万米跑要更轻松吗 |
[18:51] | Emma’s designed the table decorations. They’re terrible. | 艾玛设计了餐桌装饰 太恐怖了 |
[18:54] | – Like 4 foot glass dildos. – Christ. | -像个30厘米的玻璃假阳具 -老天爷 |
[18:59] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[19:01] | would you consider being my temporary plus-one? | 你能考虑当我的暂时男伴吗 |
[19:06] | Oh, I don’t know. I don’t… I’m not sure. | 我不知道 我不 我不确定 |
[19:08] | Special… | 特别 |
[19:10] | ..one-night-only cameo appearance? | 只此一晚的友情客串 |
[19:22] | – Hi, Greg. – Quick one – sure it’s nothing. | -格雷格 -事情很简单 大概没什么事 |
[19:24] | Then, maybe don’t phone me about it. | 那就别打电话来问我 |
[19:25] | Emma just called to say the baby’s not been kicking. | 艾玛刚刚打电话说孩子不踢她了 |
[19:27] | You know, it’s normally a right little Ronaldo, but this morning | 它一般像小罗纳尔多一样好动 |
[19:29] | it’s more of a Ronny Rosenthal. | 但是今天早上更像罗尼·罗森塔尔 |
[19:31] | More homosexual references, please. | 说点同性恋能听懂的比喻 谢谢 |
[19:33] | Footwork of Bob Fosse, that kind of thing. | 比如鲍勃·福斯步法那种东西 |
[19:36] | When did she last feel any movement? | 她最后一次感觉孩子在动是什么时候 |
[19:38] | About 90 minutes ago. | 90分钟之前 |
[19:39] | Tell her to drink a pint of ice-cold water. | 告诉她喝一品脱冰冷水 |
[19:41] | Should get it moving. | 应该能让孩子动一动 |
[19:42] | Bit like chucking a pint of cold water | 就有点像往杰克斯身上泼一品脱冷水 |
[19:43] | over Jakesy to wake him up. | 把他浇醒一样 |
[19:44] | Exactly. | 正是这样 |
[19:46] | Isn’t one of the school lots a recruitment consultant now? | 我们是不是有个同学现在在做求职顾问 |
[19:52] | – Yeah, Welly. – Oh, shit. | -对 就是威利 -该死 |
[19:54] | – Is anyone else? – He’s amazing at it, amazingly. | -还有别人吗 -他特别擅长此道 特别擅长 |
[19:56] | He’s a bit like the Incredible Hulk, | 他有点像绿巨人浩克 |
[19:58] | only it’s tequila that sets him off. | 只不过只有龙舌兰能让他变身 |
[20:00] | Is this about the…? | 是关于… |
[20:02] | Oh, Christ, did you get struck off? | 天呐 你是被吊销执照了吗 |
[20:04] | No, no. I did what I had to. | 不 没有 我做了必要之事 |
[20:07] | Meaning? | 意思是 |
[20:08] | Just wonder if a change of scenery might be good for me. | 只是在想如果换个环境是不是对我更好 |
[20:17] | OK, look at you! | 看看你 |
[20:23] | Look who’s here. | 看看是谁来了 |
[20:25] | My God, Dr Adam! | 我的天 亚当医生 |
[20:26] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[20:27] | I’m so glad you made it. | 我太高兴了 你来了 |
[20:30] | Can you believe Misty’s going home? | 你能相信米斯蒂现在能回家了吗 |
[20:32] | You’ve got to say hello. | 你得过来打个招呼 |
[20:34] | Look who came to see you. | 看看是谁来看你了 |
[20:37] | Dr Adam. | 是亚当医生 |
[20:38] | I’m just very pleased that everything’s | 我只是很高兴 所有的一切 |
[20:42] | turned out well in the end. | 在最后有个好结果 |
[20:43] | Well, I actually got you something. | 事实上 我给你带了点东西 |
[20:45] | Just to say thank you. | 只是为了表达谢意 |
[20:47] | I mean, he wouldn’t be here without you. | 因为 多亏了你他现在才能活下来 |
[21:00] | “World’s best doctor.” | 世上最好的医生 |
[21:02] | – I don’t know about that, but… – You are. | -这点我说不好 但是… -你就是 |
[21:07] | Oh, joint best. | 一对最棒了 |
[21:09] | I got one for the lovely Asian lady doctor, too, | 我也给那个可爱的亚裔女医生准备了一个 |
[21:10] | so would you mind passing it on? | 你能帮我给她吗 |
[21:12] | Actually, she… | 事实上 她… |
[21:17] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[21:19] | – Do you want to hold him? – Sure. | -你想抱抱他吗 -当然 |
[21:21] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[21:23] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[21:24] | Cuddles. | 抱抱 |
[21:26] | Ah, yes! | 没错 |
[21:32] | Look. | 快看 |
[21:37] | You’re going to be a surgeon like Dr Adam when you grow up. | 你长大之后会成为像亚当医生一样的外科医生 |
[21:40] | If that’s what he really wants to do. | 如果他长大真的想干这行的话 |
[21:44] | Whatever he does, I’m sure he’ll make you very proud. | 无论他做什么 我敢肯定他肯定会让你骄傲 |
[21:47] | Well, I guess being a doctor isn’t everyone’s cup of teas. | 我想可能不是每个人都喜欢当医生吧 |
[21:52] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:53] | Labour ward, room one, shoulder dystocia. | 一号产房 肩难产 |
[21:55] | – I have to… – That’s labour ward, room one, shoulder dystocia. | -我得去… -一号产房 肩难产 |
[21:58] | Dr Adam, Dr Adam, you forgot your present. | 亚当医生 亚当医生你把你的礼物落下了 |
[22:00] | Shoulder dystocia are two words you never want to hear | 作为一名产科医师 肩难产是你永远不想 |
[22:02] | as an obstetrician. | 听到的三个字 |
[22:04] | Baby’s head delivers, but its shoulders get stuck. | 孩子的头出来了 但是肩膀被卡住了 |
[22:06] | All the time this is going on, | 每一次发生肩难产 |
[22:08] | baby’s brain isn’t getting any oxygen. | 孩子的大脑都没办法获取氧气 |
[22:09] | Five minutes of that, and it’s irreversible damage. | 只要五分钟就会造成无法挽回的损伤 |
[22:15] | 3 minutes 20. | 3分20秒 |
[22:17] | My name is Adam. I’m one of the doctors. | 我是亚当 这里的医生 |
[22:19] | I’m sure your midwife has explained | 我确定你的助产士已经给你解释过 |
[22:21] | the baby’s head has come out, but the body is stuck. | 你孩子的头出来了 但是肩膀被卡住了 |
[22:24] | I want you to listen to what I ask you to do, | 我需要你按我说的做 |
[22:26] | and we’ll get baby out. | 我们把孩子弄出来 |
[22:27] | Get those knees up higher. | 抬高膝盖 |
[22:29] | Higher, proper McRoberts. | 再高点 用麦克罗伯茨法 |
[22:30] | Come on, you need to get him out! | 快点啊 你得让他生出来 |
[22:35] | 3 minutes 40. | 3分40秒 |
[22:38] | What have you tried? | 你都用了什么方法 |
[22:40] | Woods’ Screw Manoeuvre? Posterior arm? | 旋肩法 娩后肩法 |
[22:42] | Tracy? Agnieszka? Someone. | 特蕾茜 阿格涅什卡 谁能告诉我 |
[22:43] | Suprapubic pressure, rotating onto all fours. | 耻骨上加压 翻转至四肢着地 |
[22:46] | We couldn’t reach the posterior arm. | 我们够不到后肩 |
[22:47] | – You’ve emptied the bladder? – Yes. | -你放空膀胱了吗 -放空了 |
[22:50] | I’m going to put a hand inside to help baby out. | 我要伸一只手进去 帮孩子出来 |
[22:58] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[22:59] | – I need the on-call consultant in here now. – OK. | -我需要值班的主任医生马上过来 -好 |
[23:02] | That’s four minutes. | 已经四分钟了 |
[23:04] | Last resort, seen it once three years ago. | 最后一招 三年前见过一次 |
[23:06] | Do one, teach one. | 做一次 教一次 |
[23:07] | I’m going to have to break your baby’s collarbone to get him out. | 我需要折断胎儿的锁骨让他出来 |
[23:09] | He should heal perfectly, but there is a chance | 他应该会痊愈 但是有几率 |
[23:11] | it can damage a nerve in his arm. | 会伤到他的手臂神经 |
[23:13] | Please don’t hurt my baby. | 求你别伤害我的孩子 |
[23:15] | – I don’t have any other option. – Please, please! | -我没有别的选择了 -拜托 求你了 |
[23:21] | – 4 minutes 20. – My God. My God. | -4分20秒 -天啊 天啊 |
[23:23] | There’s one other option. | 还有一个选择 |
[23:24] | I can make a cut to divide your pubic bone. | 我可以切开你的耻骨 |
[23:28] | – Never seen it. – Can we have some time to discuss this? | -从没见过 -我们能商量一下吗 |
[23:30] | I’ve got less than one minute to get your baby delivered alive. | 我只有不到一分钟让你的孩子活着生出来 |
[23:34] | OK. Cut the bone. | 好 切吧 |
[23:36] | Local anaesthetic, needle, syringe, catheter, scalpel. | 局部麻醉剂 针 注射器 导管 手术刀 |
[23:40] | Do you understand what I’m going to do? | 你明白我要做什么吗 |
[23:44] | You’ve got this. | 你能行的 |
[23:47] | Stay nice and calm for me, darling. | 保持冷静 亲爱的 |
[23:48] | Anaesthetic’s going in. | 正在注射麻醉剂 |
[23:54] | Ok? | 可以吗 |
[23:55] | OK, darling. It’s OK. | 没事 亲爱的 没事的 |
[24:13] | Is he OK? | 他没事吧 |
[24:17] | Is he OK? | 他没事吧 |
[24:19] | One, 1,000. | 一 一千 |
[24:21] | Two, 1,000. | 二 一千 |
[24:23] | Three, 1,000. | 三 一千 |
[24:29] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[24:43] | Fuck. | 操 |
[24:48] | That was close. | 太险了 |
[24:50] | You did really well in there, Adam. | 你做得真的很好 亚当 |
[24:52] | I thought I was a menace to society | 我不是社会的毒瘤吗 |
[24:54] | and a danger to everyone I encounter. | 危害了我遇到的每个人 |
[24:57] | Can you just take a compliment? | 你就不能让人夸两句吗 |
[24:59] | I’m not great at it, no. | 我不习惯 不行 |
[25:04] | Can we just go back to insulting each other? | 我们能回到互怼的状态吗 |
[25:08] | – Get a haircut. – Going to have to hit me harder than that. | -去剪个头吧 -还不够狠 |
[25:11] | Fine. Get a boyfriend. | 那行 找个男朋友吧 |
[25:15] | Maybe slightly less hard. | 也不用这么狠 |
[25:34] | Everything OK? | 你还好吗 |
[25:35] | I thought that baby was going to die… | 我以为那个孩子要死了 |
[25:39] | …right in front of me. | 就在我面前 |
[25:41] | Yeah. Me, too, to be honest, but, hey, it didn’t. | 是啊 说实话我也以为 但是他没死 |
[25:45] | I just didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[25:47] | – I was useless. – You weren’t useless. | -我一无是处 -你不是一无是处 |
[25:49] | You were actively making things worse. | 你是越帮越忙 |
[25:50] | Not calling me for three minutes, then just standing there | 三分钟都不叫我 然后就干站着 |
[25:53] | while all the rest of us… | 我们其他人… |
[25:59] | I’m sorry. I don’t mean that. | 抱歉 我不是那个意思 |
[26:05] | I was exactly the same as you at this stage. | 我在你这时候也是一模一样 |
[26:10] | Maybe a bit better. | 可能要好点 |
[26:12] | And, yeah, the job can be horrible. | 这个工作的确会很可怕 |
[26:15] | So, you find ways of dealing with it. | 所以你要想办法适应 |
[26:21] | Give me your bleep. | 把你的传呼机给我 |
[26:23] | Take the rest of the afternoon off. | 下午的班就别上了 |
[26:26] | – Are you sure? – 100%. | -你确定吗 -百分之百确定 |
[26:28] | Decompress, phone your mum, have a wank. | 解解压 给你妈打个电话 撸一炮 |
[26:31] | Separately. | 别同时做 |
[26:32] | – Come on. – Thank you, Adam. | -来吧 -谢谢你 亚当 |
[27:10] | Right, Dad’s taking me to the station now. | 好了 爸爸现在要带我去车站了 |
[27:14] | I’ll be late, so don’t wait up. | 我很晚才回来 别等我 |
[27:17] | I’d check the invitation. | 我真该看看请柬 |
[27:19] | I imagine it says dress fancy, not fancy dress. | 我猜上面说要着装正式 不是乔装打扮 |
[27:24] | Unless you’re entertaining the kiddies’ table. | 除非你要去逗小孩 |
[27:27] | I get it. You don’t like my clothes, | 我知道 你不喜欢我的衣服 |
[27:30] | you want me to be more successful, you wish I was straight. | 你想让我更成功 你希望我是直男 |
[27:32] | I just want you to be happy. | 我只想让你幸福 |
[27:34] | I was happy with Harry. | 我和哈利在一起就很幸福 |
[27:36] | Yes, but, clearly, he wasn’t that happy with you, was he? | 是啊 但他明显没那么幸福 不是吗 |
[27:41] | What do you know about being happy anyway? | 你又知道什么是幸福 |
[27:44] | I know that it’s difficult playing second fiddle to somebody’s job. | 我知道自己不如工作重要有多难受 |
[27:48] | By the time you’ve had children, you’re third fiddle. | 等有了孩子 就成了第三位 |
[27:49] | You’re practically sat back with the cellos. | 几乎可以待在角落积灰了 |
[27:53] | Not everybody is able to cope with that. | 不是所有人都受得了这种情况 |
[27:58] | Monica’s nephew’s a homosexual, too. | 莫妮卡的外甥也是同性恋 |
[28:03] | There’s a lot of it about. | 同性恋多了去了 |
[28:05] | He’s a barrister. | 他是个律师 |
[28:07] | We could… | 我们可以… |
[28:09] | …have them all over for lunch. | 请他们来吃午饭 |
[28:10] | Oh, so it’s just graphic designers | 所以你就是专门 |
[28:12] | that you’ve got a bit of a thing against, is it? | 跟平面设计师过不去 是吧 |
[28:19] | That was unkind. I’m sorry. | 我太刻薄了 抱歉 |
[28:22] | I’m sorry if you think I’ve been hard on you. | 如果你觉得我为难你了 抱歉 |
[28:42] | I don’t… | 我没有… |
[28:44] | …think you’ve been hard on me. | 觉得你为难我 |
[28:50] | Well, in that case, I’m going to get you | 既然如此 那我去给你 |
[28:51] | some of your father’s shoes | 找双你爸爸的鞋 |
[28:53] | because those are barely fit for gardening. | 你那双去做园艺都不太合适 |
[29:25] | Would you please be seated? | 请大家就座 |
[29:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, what a beautiful setting we’re in | 各位来宾 这是个多么美丽的场所啊 |
[29:35] | and what a beautiful reason we’re here. | 我们又是为了如此美好的事欢聚一堂 |
[29:37] | The celebration of love. | 为了歌颂爱 |
[29:40] | In the words of Andrew Lloyd Webber, | 用安德鲁·劳埃德·韦伯的话来说 |
[29:43] | “Love, love changes everything.” | “爱 爱能改变一切” |
[29:47] | I’d go one further. | 我再进一步说 |
[29:50] | Love is everything. | 爱就是一切 |
[29:52] | It completes us. | 爱使我们完整 |
[29:54] | It fulfils us. | 爱让我们满足 |
[29:56] | It makes the half whole. | 爱填补缺失的一半 |
[30:11] | – Well, hello. – Ah, hello. | -你们好啊 -你好 |
[30:13] | – Hello, Emma. – Hello. | -你好 艾玛 -你好 |
[30:14] | Room for a little one? | 有地方让个小块头坐吗 |
[30:19] | Congratulations, Emma. The table decorations look really amazing. | 恭喜 艾玛 桌上布置真的很漂亮 |
[30:24] | Oh, they really do, don’t they? | 确实很漂亮 不是吗 |
[30:27] | Is Harry in the bathroom? | 哈利去洗手间了吗 |
[30:30] | No, he…he… | 没有 他 他… |
[30:34] | he didn’t make it. | 他没有来 |
[30:35] | I thought that he… | 我以为他… |
[30:38] | but, yeah, it was a no-show, I’m afraid. | 但是 他没来 |
[30:40] | Oh, Adam. | 亚当 |
[30:42] | – That’s awful. – Honestly, I’m having a lovely time on my own. | -太糟糕了 -说实话 我一个人过得挺好 |
[30:45] | We’ve got a reserve list of 20. | 我们的候选名单里有20个人 |
[30:47] | My cousin Harriet’s fiance couldn’t have a place. | 我表妹哈丽特的未婚夫都没拿到请帖 |
[30:49] | They’re actually IN a relationship. | 他们是真的在谈恋爱 |
[30:52] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:54] | How are you? | 你还好吧 |
[30:55] | – I’m fine. – Yeah? | -我没事 -是吗 |
[31:00] | Would you mind if we go somewhere private quickly? | 你介意和我去个私密点的地方吗 就一会 |
[31:03] | If this is about money, can you speak to Gregory? | 如果是为了钱的话 你能去找格利高里吗 |
[31:05] | It’s not about money. | 不是为了钱 |
[31:07] | – No? – Can we try out here? | -是吗 -去那行吗 |
[31:11] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[31:14] | Just here. | 就在这 |
[31:14] | 艾玛与格雷格 2008年8月19日 星期六 | |
[31:18] | I just wanted to give you this. | 我就是想给你这个 |
[31:29] | Oh, is this a vibrator? | 这是震动棒吗 |
[31:31] | – It’s not funny. – No, no, no. | -一点都不好笑 -不是 |
[31:32] | It’s a sonic aid, like in an antenatal clinic. | 这是产前诊所用的那种胎心仪 |
[31:35] | I just thought the last few weeks might be easier if, um… | 我想这能让最后几周好过一点… |
[31:38] | Well, I’ll show you. | 我用给你看 |
[31:39] | – So, you press this. – Mm-hm. | -你按下这个 -好的 |
[31:42] | And, yeah, if you lift up your… | 然后 抬一下你的… |
[31:43] | Pop this… | 把这放到… |
[31:46] | there. | 那里 |
[31:49] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[31:50] | Shit, sorry. I think it might be dead. | 抱歉 它可能死了[没电了] |
[31:52] | What? | 什么 |
[31:54] | No, the battery. | 是电池 |
[31:56] | The battery. | 电池 |
[31:57] | Sorry, I just… | 抱歉 我… |
[31:58] | Oh, no, that’s on. OK. | 开机了 好的 |
[32:02] | Right. | 行了 |
[32:15] | Listen. | 听啊 |
[32:17] | Now, you can hear Baby whenever you want. | 现在你随时都可以听到婴儿的心跳 |
[32:19] | Incredible. | 真好 |
[32:21] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[32:23] | Best wedding gift, bar none. | 最好的结婚礼物 没有之一 |
[32:26] | Well, until the main present arrives in a few weeks. | 当然 除了几周后到的大礼 |
[32:29] | Of course. When are you due? | 当然 你的预产期是什么时候 |
[32:31] | Oh, no, I meant the Maserati from Greg. | 不是 我是指格雷格送的玛莎拉蒂 |
[32:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:34] | It’s got held up in Bologna. | 它滞留在博洛尼亚了 |
[32:36] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[32:39] | Shall we have a photo? | 我们拍张照吧 |
[32:41] | – No, no, no, I’m all right. – Get off. | -不 不用 我不用 -别害羞了 |
[32:44] | You have to look into the… | 你要看着… |
[32:46] | Quite fast. Is…? | 好快 这是… |
[32:54] | I am sorry Harry couldn’t make it. | 我很遗憾哈利没来 |
[32:56] | I hope you can still enjoy the day. | 希望你仍然能玩的开心 |
[33:14] | I’m really happy for you, Greg. | 我真的为你高兴 格雷格 |
[33:17] | – Well, that was almost convincing. – I mean it. | -我差点就相信了 -认真的 |
[33:21] | Love is a very precious thing. | 爱情是非常珍贵的东西 |
[33:23] | All right, Richard Curtis. | 行了 理查德·柯蒂斯 |
[33:26] | I’m sorry that Harry bailed. | 很遗憾他没来 |
[33:30] | But that does mean that I can set you up with Ayo. | 但那意味着我能撮合你和亚约了 |
[33:33] | He works in derivatives, and he’s got a jawline | 他是卖金融衍生品的 他的下巴尖到 |
[33:34] | – you could cut tiles with. – I’m fine. | -可以拿来切砖头 -不用了 |
[33:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:39] | Anyway, that would never work. Ayo Kay?! | 反正我俩也不会成的 亚约·凯 |
[33:42] | Gregorio! | 格雷格 |
[33:43] | Ladam! | 亚当 |
[33:44] | Now, when am I up? Probably next… | 我啥时候上 可能再等… |
[33:46] | ..ten mins? | 十分钟 |
[33:47] | Right, shall we? | 行 来吧 |
[33:51] | Oh, did you guys get a chance to chat about work stuff yet? | 你俩有没有谈过工作的事 |
[33:53] | Yeah, you got any jobs for washed-up doctors? | 你有给下岗医生干的活吗 |
[33:56] | Every day of the week, mate. | 每天都有 哥们 |
[33:57] | I must have placed, like, three ex-doctors | 我差不多给三个下岗的医生 |
[33:58] | into proper, grown-up, six-figure roles | 找了合适 成熟 拿六位数的工作 |
[34:01] | minimum hours, maximum dosh. | 干最少的活 拿最多的钱 |
[34:02] | – Dream scenario. – Really? | -梦里才有的工作 -真的吗 |
[34:04] | Totalmente. | 不骗你 |
[34:05] | I mean, think of all those transferable skills you’ve got. | 想想你掌握的那些软技能 |
[34:08] | Pulling babies out of vaginas? | 把婴儿从阴道里拽出来吗 |
[34:09] | Uno, problem solving. | 第一 解决问题能力 |
[34:11] | Duo, time management. | 第二 时间管理能力 |
[34:14] | Tru-o, empathy. | 第三 共情能力 |
[34:15] | Yeah, well, that’s two out of three, then. | 你占了其中两项呢 |
[34:18] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[34:19] | if you could please take your seats as the evening speeches | 今晚的演讲即将开始 |
[34:21] | are about to commence. | 各位请就坐 |
[34:23] | Just call the office, | 联系办公室 |
[34:23] | and we’ll fix a meeting, yeah? Boom. | 我们给你安排一次会面 行吗 再见 |
[34:30] | Ding-dong, the legend’s here. Hello, everybody. | 当当 传奇人物在此 大家好 |
[34:32] | My name is Welly, AKA the well of all knowledge, | 我叫威利 又名万事通 |
[34:36] | and I am the best man to young Greg, here. | 我也是格雷格的伴郎 |
[34:39] | Now, a lot of people worry, naturally, that marriage | 很多人不禁担心 结婚 |
[34:43] | is the biggest mistake they’ll ever make. | 将会是他们犯过的最大错误 |
[34:45] | Not our Greg, though, because on his gap year, | 我们的格雷格不会 因为他在间隔年 |
[34:47] | he lost his virginity to a prostitute | 把自己的第一次给了一个 |
[34:49] | who looked like Pavarotti | 长得像帕瓦罗蒂的男妓 |
[34:52] | Only cost him three TENORS. | 只花了他三张汇票[男高音] |
[34:54] | That was genius. | 太有才了 |
[35:26] | So sorry I’m late. | 非常抱歉来晚了 |
[35:28] | Isn’t that MY line? | 那不是我的词吗 |
[35:30] | Did you know there’s more than one Farmborough? | 你知道有不止一家范堡罗酒店吧 |
[35:33] | – Yes. – And they’re not close. | -知道 -他们离得还不近 |
[35:34] | Look, I tried to text, but I ran out of credit. | 我试着给你发短信 但我手机欠费了 |
[35:36] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[35:39] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[35:41] | glad you’re here. | 很高兴你过来了 |
[35:43] | How much have I missed? | 我错过了多少 |
[35:47] | Not enough. Come on. | 还不够多 来吧 |
[35:50] | Isn’t the wedding where all those people with dinner jackets are? | 婚礼不是在穿晚礼服的那群人所在的地方吗 |
[35:53] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[35:55] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:01] | “In lieu of wedding favours, we have made a donation | “作为婚宴回礼 我们替每个人 |
[36:07] | of £50 per person | 捐赠了50英镑 |
[36:09] | to Chipping Norton Donkey Sanctuary.” | 至奇平诺顿驴保护区” |
[36:13] | I hate donkeys. | 我讨厌驴子 |
[36:14] | Can I get the 50 quid for myself? | 能把那50英镑给我吗 |
[36:16] | How can you hate babies? | 你怎么会讨厌幼崽呢 |
[36:18] | – You what? – Baby horses. | -什么 -小马驹 |
[36:21] | No, donkeys are not baby horses. | 不 驴可不是小马驹 |
[36:25] | Well, what are they, then? | 那它们是什么 |
[36:27] | Donkeys. | 驴呗 |
[36:32] | Well, I…I grew up in London. | 我…我在伦敦长大 |
[36:34] | – I…they…we didn’t have any… – Schools? | -他们…我们那没有… -没学校吗 |
[36:40] | What would your ideal wedding be? | 你理想中的婚礼是什么样的 |
[36:48] | All right, OK, um… | 好吧 |
[36:51] | ..free booze, loads of people, like, | 免费酒水 邀请很多人 |
[36:54] | everyone in my contacts list… | 我的联系人列表里所有人都要来 |
[36:56] | Estate agent. | 房产中介 |
[36:58] | HSBC. | 汇丰银行的人 |
[36:59] | Yeah, they love a party. | 对 他们可喜欢派对了 |
[37:04] | ..Massive curry, no speeches, | 超多咖喱 不要演讲 |
[37:06] | karaoke, | 唱K |
[37:08] | and a kebab at 3am. | 凌晨三点吃土耳其烤肉 |
[37:11] | It sounds nice. | 听起来不错 |
[37:18] | We’ve finished it. | 喝光了 |
[37:25] | You can’t do that. | 你不能扔进湖里 |
[37:27] | Don’t worry. I’ll go and get it. | 别担心 我去捡回来 |
[37:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[37:39] | Come on, Grandad. | 快下来 老爷爷 |
[37:47] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[37:48] | Oh, this is cold. | 太冷了 |
[37:54] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[37:56] | It’s fresh. | 很清爽 |
[38:03] | Go on, then. | 说吧 |
[38:07] | What would your ideal wedding be? | 你的理想婚礼是什么样 |
[38:11] | Heated lake. | 加热的湖 |
[38:13] | – Obviously. – Obviously. | -显然 -很显然 |
[38:15] | And otherwise, the same as yours. | 其他的都跟你一样 |
[38:22] | Because I’d be marrying you. | 因为我会跟你结婚 |
[38:30] | Adam… | 亚当 |
[38:34] | Tell me we weren’t good together. | 那你说我们在一起不快乐 |
[38:38] | We were good, but we were also quite bad. | 我们快乐过 但也有不快乐的时候 |
[38:42] | But the bad stuff was… | 但那些不快乐 |
[38:46] | ..that was all to do with my job. | 全都是我工作惹的祸 |
[38:51] | You know, medicine is not good for me. | 医生不适合我 |
[38:54] | It’s, um… | 它… |
[38:58] | ..it’s ruined my life. | 毁了我们的生活 |
[39:00] | And it destroyed us. | 毁了我们 |
[39:02] | I don’t think it was… | 我觉得这事… |
[39:05] | ..that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[39:08] | – I’d like to say a few words. – Dr Kay, you may sit back down. | -我想说几句 -凯医生 你可以坐下 |
[39:13] | On the day in question, | 那一天 |
[39:14] | I was working alongside an SHO colleague | 我与一位住院医生一起工作 |
[39:17] | called Shruti Acharya. | 她叫施卢蒂·阿查理雅 |
[39:19] | Dr Kay… | 凯医生 |
[39:21] | She asked me to review the patient in triage, | 她让我去分诊区给一位患者看诊 |
[39:25] | and then she assisted me with the caesarean. | 然后她协助我进行了剖腹产 |
[39:30] | Dr Acharya has since… | 阿查理雅医生之后… |
[39:37] | Dr Acharya has since taken her own life. | 阿查理雅医生之后自杀了 |
[39:43] | On the morning she died, | 在她去世的那天早晨 |
[39:44] | Shruti found out she’d passed her Obs and Gynae membership exams, | 施卢蒂得知她通过了妇产科学会的考试 |
[39:50] | exams she worked ridiculously hard for… | 她为这个考试费尽心血 |
[39:54] | ..on top of the 90-hour weeks, | 这还是在每周工作90小时 |
[39:57] | on top of this complaint. | 和这份投诉的基础上 |
[39:59] | But she didn’t see this as a success. | 但她不觉得这是成功 |
[40:04] | The idea of carrying on working in a | 继续在破碎不堪的系统里 |
[40:07] | broken system under shoddy conditions | 简陋的条件下继续工作 |
[40:11] | didn’t feel like any kind of future. | 根本算不上什么未来 |
[40:16] | She was a great doctor. | 她是个优秀的医生 |
[40:20] | Kind, focused, determined. | 善良 专注 果断 |
[40:25] | And it was still too much for her. | 即便如此 这一切对她依旧难以承受 |
[40:31] | It’s too much for anyone. | 这对任何人来说都难以承受 |
[40:34] | I mean, you saw what it… | 你看到了… |
[40:37] | ..what it turned me into. | 行医让我变成了什么样的人 |
[40:41] | I don’t know if I can do it any more. | 我不知道自己是否还能继续 |
[40:44] | Don’t leave medicine for me. | 别为了我放弃行医 |
[40:50] | One doctor, | 每三个星期 |
[40:52] | in this country, takes their own life | 这个国家就有一位医生 |
[40:54] | every three weeks. | 自寻短见 |
[40:57] | And it should be a national fucking | 每当发生这种事时 |
[40:58] | headline every time it happens, | 都该成为国家头条 |
[40:59] | and instead it’s just brushed under the carpet. | 但相反 这种事总被置之不理 |
[41:03] | Doctors, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, physios, | 医生 护士 助产士 药剂师 理疗师 |
[41:08] | a million and a half of them… | 这一百五十万人 |
[41:13] | ..they don’t do this for the money, | 他们行医不是为了钱 |
[41:16] | for the kudos, for the anything. | 不是为了赞美 不是为了任何事 |
[41:20] | They do it because they care. | 他们干这行是因为他们在乎 |
[41:23] | Day in, day out, going the extra mile | 日复一日 不辞辛劳 |
[41:26] | to keep the rest of us on the road. | 让我们其他人能继续生活 |
[41:28] | That’s a pretty fucking special thing. | 这是件非同寻常的壮举 |
[41:33] | And you could do yourselves a favour | 而你们可以帮自己个忙 |
[41:34] | to remember that once in a while. | 偶尔想想他们的初衷 |
[41:46] | You know, I… | 我… |
[41:51] | ..I really miss you. | 我很想你 |
[41:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:02] | This is the bit where you say that you miss me, too. | 这时候你该说你也想我了 |
[42:05] | Yeah, I do. | 我是想你 |
[42:08] | Well, if you miss me, then… | 如果你真的想我 那… |
[42:12] | ..let’s just…let’s… | 我们就…我们… |
[42:14] | Why don’t we give it another go? | 不如我们重新开始吧 |
[42:16] | A proper go. | 真正的在一起 |
[42:19] | When you get all of me. | 我会给你我的全部 |
[42:28] | But it’s what you do. | 但这是你的人生 |
[42:32] | Being a doctor, it’s who you are. | 做医生 这就是你的身份 |
[42:35] | Put your hand on your heart, | 把手放在心上 |
[42:36] | and tell me you want to give all that up. | 告诉我你愿意放弃这一切 |
[43:00] | I don’t think I can. | 我想我做不到 |
[43:07] | It’s ok. | 没事 |
[43:14] | It’s ok. | 没事 |
[43:46] | Call an ambulance! | 叫救护车 |
[43:48] | Can’t call an ambulance at a hospital. | 在医院不能叫救护车了 |
[43:50] | Get someone, then! | 那就去找人帮忙 |
[43:53] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[43:55] | I’m Adam. I’m one of the doctors. | 我是亚当 这里的医生 |
[43:57] | – What kind of a doctor? – Doesn’t matter what kind! | -哪科的医生 -哪科都可以 |
[44:00] | Right, hello. | 你好 |
[44:01] | Baby’s just sitting there, ready to come out. | 你的孩子已经调整好姿势 准备出来了 |
[44:03] | Probably best if we finish what you’ve started. | 我们最好直接在这里让你继续分娩 |
[44:05] | Next contraction, give me a nice big push. | 下次宫缩 鼓足劲用力 |
[44:07] | Have you got anything to put down on the seats? | 你有能垫在座椅下面的东西吗 |
[44:09] | Oh, is that ever going to come out of the upholstery? | 这些沾在座套上还能洗掉吗 |
[44:11] | Honestly, Tim! | 真的假的 蒂姆 |
[44:14] | Shoelaces. | 鞋带给我 |
[44:15] | You’re doing so well. Nearly there. Nearly there. | 你做得很好 就快好了 就快好了 |
[44:18] | Push, push. Push, push, push! | 用力 用力 用力 |
[44:21] | Here we go. | 好样的 |
[44:28] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[44:31] | Laces. | 鞋带 |
[44:35] | Something to cut the cord? | 有什么能剪断脐带吗 |
[44:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[44:47] | What do we do now? | 现在我们怎么办 |
[44:49] | I think you have to feed it for a few years, | 我觉得你们得喂养它几年 |
[44:51] | let it live in your house, and then send it to school. | 让它住在家里 然后送它去学校 |
[44:55] | Right, labour ward’s on the second floor | 对了 产房在三楼 |
[44:57] | of that building there. | 就在那栋楼里 |
[45:01] | ..just give me a minute, and I’ll get you up there. | 等我一会 我送你们上去 |
[45:03] | Thank you so much, Dr… | 非常感谢 医生怎么称呼 |
[45:06] | Adam’s a good name. | 亚当是个好名字 |
[45:15] | For fuck’s sake. | 妈的 |