时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[00:05] | – What? – I think it’s time we go at it alone for a while. | -什么 -也许我们该奋斗各自的事业了 |
[00:07] | You know? See what happens. | 就一段时间 看结果如何 |
[00:09] | This doesn’t say “Pause” on my script. | 抱歉 我的剧本上没写有停顿… |
[00:10] | Well, it doesn’t say “suck” either, yet here we are. | 上面也没写烂呢 再看现在这个效果 |
[00:13] | I’m not cut out for theater. | 我根本不是演戏剧的料 |
[00:14] | You do that a lot– doubt yourself. | 你总是这样 怀疑自己 |
[00:17] | You’re so busy making sure that Kate’s not eating too much… | 你们一直忙着不让凯特吃得太多 |
[00:20] | Kev, calm down. | 凯文 冷静一下 |
[00:21] | …and Randall’s not too adopted! | 总怕兰德尔觉得自己是被领养的 |
[00:23] | I’m sorry. I should have been there, and I’m gonna be there. | 对不起 我本该在你身边的 以后改正 |
[00:26] | Do you think that my son could play with | 我儿子平时放学后 |
[00:28] | – yours sometime after school? – Yeah. | -能跟你家小孩一起玩吗 -当然 |
[00:30] | Every time I met a new black person, | 每次我新认识一个黑人 |
[00:32] | I would put a mark in this notebook, | 就在那个小本本上标记一下 |
[00:35] | and every time I met a black man, | 每次遇见一个黑人男子 |
[00:36] | I wondered if that man could possibly be my father. | 我就会想他会不会是我亲生父亲 |
[01:12] | No, baby, you got to finish your bananas first. | 不行 宝贝 要先吃完香蕉 |
[01:14] | You want some banana? Kev, you want a little banana, too? | 想吃香蕉吗 小凯 吃香蕉吗 |
[01:15] | Go in and see your daddy right now, okay? You have some more. | 吃完就可以去找爸爸玩了 再吃点 |
[01:19] | – Jack, I think we’re completely out of milk. – Yeah. | -杰克 牛奶好像没了 -好 |
[01:21] | – He won’t drink his juice. – Yeah, I’ll, um… | -他就是不喝果汁 -行 我… |
[01:22] | – He just wants milk. – I’ll bring some home. | -就想喝牛奶 -我下次带点回来 |
[01:24] | Do you want some more apples? Come on. | 要再吃点苹果吗 来吧 |
[01:25] | Come on. Here, do you want to get out of your chair? Yeah. | 来 吃饱了要不要下来 好的 |
[01:28] | All right. Come on. | 来吧 |
[01:30] | Babe, a desk job? | 亲爱的 你要去做文职 |
[01:32] | Bec, we need the money. | 小贝 我们需要这份工资 |
[01:34] | You don’t even own a tie. | 你连领带都没有 |
[02:03] | So… | 话说 |
[02:04] | did you hear? | 你听说了吗 |
[02:05] | Uh… yeah. | 听说了 |
[02:07] | Surprise birthday cake for Sandra in the break room. | 要在茶水间给桑德拉准备惊喜生日蛋糕 |
[02:10] | You know, it’s never, it’s never a surprise. | 其实根本算不上什么惊喜 |
[02:11] | Okay, also, | 还有一件事 |
[02:13] | I got promoted. | 我升职了 |
[02:15] | Project manager. | 现在是项目经理了 |
[02:16] | – That’s great, man. Hey. – Thanks. | -太好了 恭喜你 -谢谢 |
[02:18] | And I’m bringing you with me. | 我想带你一起 |
[02:22] | Oh. Um… | 这个… |
[02:24] | thanks, but no. | 谢谢你 不过算了 |
[02:26] | – But thanks. – No? | -还是谢谢你 -怎么算了 |
[02:28] | Keep this quiet, | 你先别声张 |
[02:29] | but I’m, uh, gonna go out on my own. | 我准备自己出去闯 |
[02:32] | I want to start my own thing. | 想自己创业 |
[02:34] | I know it’s risky, but once I get things up and running, | 我知道很冒险 但是只要事业步入正轨 |
[02:36] | I can spend more time with my kids. | 我就能有更多时间陪孩子们了 |
[02:40] | All right, how ’bout this: why don’t you, um, | 好吧 要不这样 先别急着拒绝 |
[02:42] | take till the end of the week, | 花几天时间考虑一下 |
[02:43] | – think about it. – I’m okay. | -周末再答复我 -真的不用了 |
[02:46] | Don’t need to think. | 我不需要考虑 |
[02:47] | End of the week, okay? | 周末再说 好吗 |
[03:01] | – Daddy’s home! – Hi! | -爸爸回来了 -回来了 |
[03:03] | Dad! Dad! | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[03:05] | – Dad! – Kev. | -爸爸 -小凯别闹 |
[03:06] | – Dad! – Kev. | -爸爸 -小凯 |
[03:07] | – Hi. Hey, buddy. – I need to ask you a question… | -小子 -我有问题要问你 |
[03:08] | – One second. – Dad! | -稍等 -爸爸 |
[03:09] | – Watch this. – Hey, look-look at the progress you made, bud. | -你快看 -已经做得这么漂亮啦 |
[03:11] | – I’m gonna help you out after dinner, okay? – Hi. Hi, baby. | -吃完晚饭就帮你 好吗 -宝贝 |
[03:14] | – Dad! – Yeah. | -爸爸 -怎么了 |
[03:15] | – We’re getting ice cream! – Ice cream! | -我们有冰淇淋吃啦 -冰淇淋 |
[03:18] | – Ice cream? – I promised them. | -冰淇淋 -我答应他们的 |
[03:19] | Ice cream? Ice cream?! | 冰淇淋 冰淇淋 |
[03:21] | None for me if you want to be able to pick me up again. | 又不是给我买的 不然你下次就抱不动我了 |
[03:23] | Please, you are tiny. | 瞎说 你这么瘦 |
[03:24] | – Right. Mm. – But ice cream must mean that the kids’ | -就你嘴甜 -不过你答应买冰淇淋 |
[03:26] | – report cards came back and they were good? – No. | -是不是因为孩子们成绩挺好 -没有 |
[03:29] | Actually, mostly B’s and C’s. I caved. | 基本都是B和C 我没辙了 |
[03:31] | I don’t know. Parenting makes my cerebellum hurt. | 不知道该怎么办 我额叶都疼了 |
[03:34] | Sorry, your what? | 你的什么 |
[03:35] | It’s the part of my brain that makes my emotions. | 就是我的大脑中控制情绪的部分 |
[03:38] | I have been doing way too much third grade science homework. | 我做了太多三年级的科学作业了 |
[03:41] | But why don’t you, uh, look at that. | 不过你还是看看这个吧 |
[03:46] | Why does Randall’s teacher want to see us? | 兰德尔的老师为什么想见我们 |
[03:50] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:55] | *You are too beautiful* | *你如此美丽* |
[03:58] | *My dear, to be true* | *亲爱的 我想对你说* |
[04:01] | *For one lucky fool* | *我如此愚钝* |
[04:03] | *To be with* | *配不上你* |
[04:07] | *You are too beautiful* | *你太过美丽* |
[04:10] | *And I am a fool* | *我如此愚钝* |
[04:12] | *For beauty* | *却爱慕着你* |
[04:21] | Hope you don’t mind. Pianos get forlorn if you don’t play ’em. | 恕我冒昧 如果太久不弹 钢琴会很孤单 |
[04:23] | No, of course I don’t mind. | 不 我完全不介意 |
[04:25] | – Where’d you learn how to play like that? – My dad taught me. | -你怎么学会弹钢琴的 -我爸教我的 |
[04:28] | And his dad taught him. | 我爸是他爸教的 |
[04:30] | Dad, can you teach us to play? | 爸爸 你能教我们弹琴吗 |
[04:32] | I wish I could. | 我也很想教 |
[04:34] | Grandma and Aunt Kate got all the music talent in the family. | 可家里的音乐细胞都被奶奶和凯特姑姑占了 |
[04:37] | Me? I was always all knuckles. | 我一向都只有肌肉发达 |
[04:38] | Yeah, well, your dad’s got other skills. | 你爸比较擅长其他方面 |
[04:41] | Me, I managed to squeak out a couple of dollars | 以前我还能靠这个本事 |
[04:43] | on one of these back in the day. | 混几口饭吃 |
[04:45] | Mostly trumpet, mm. Any gigs I could get. | 主要是吹小号 什么表演我都参加 |
[04:47] | Will you speak at my career day? | 你能不能来参加学校的职业日 |
[04:49] | Can Grandpa speak at my career day? | 职业日能不能叫爷爷去 |
[04:51] | I don’t think so, baby. | 我想不行 宝贝儿 |
[04:52] | You’re only allowed one speaker, and I’m already signed up. | 只能一个人发言 我已经报名了 |
[04:54] | I pick Grandpa. | 我想让爷爷讲 |
[04:56] | He had a cool job. | 他的工作很酷 |
[04:58] | What are you saying, that Daddy doesn’t have a cool job? | 你是说老爸的工作就不酷了吗 |
[05:01] | But you guys love visiting me at the office, right? | 你们很喜欢到办公室找我玩 不是吗 |
[05:05] | I like spinning in your chair. | 我喜欢坐在你的椅子上转圈 |
[05:08] | You kind of have a boring job, Dad. | 其实你的工作有点无聊 爸爸 |
[05:10] | Trading commodity futures based on long-term weather patterns | 基于长期气候模式的商品期货交易 |
[05:13] | is not boring, okay? | 才不会无聊 好吗 |
[05:17] | Sorry, | 抱歉 |
[05:18] | sort of fell asleep soon as I heard the word “commodity.” | 一听”商品”这个词我就有点犯困 |
[05:21] | Uncle Kevin, can you speak at my career day? | 凯文叔叔 你能在我的职业日上发言吗 |
[05:23] | Daddy’s doing career day! End of discussion. | 老爸会负责职业日 讨论到此结束 |
[05:26] | And it’s gonna be lit. | 我的发言会很”燃”的 |
[05:32] | That’s not how you use “lit,” right? | “燃”这个字不是这么用的 对吧 |
[05:34] | No. | 对 |
[05:36] | Sorry, I don’t understand. | 对不起 我不明白 |
[05:37] | So you are saying that Randall is gifted? | 你们是说兰德尔很有天分吗 |
[05:40] | But his grades are average. | 可他成绩很一般啊 |
[05:41] | Are you sure you tested him right? | 你确定给他做的测试没问题吗 |
[05:43] | Jack, we know how smart he is. | 杰克 我们知道他有多聪明 |
[05:46] | Okay, so what’s up with his grades? | 那他的成绩是怎么回事 |
[05:47] | M-Maybe is the-the teacher prejudiced? | 也许是… 老师对他有偏见 |
[05:50] | – Jack. – No. | -杰克 -不可能 |
[05:51] | When a child tests well | 如果孩子在测试中表现良好 |
[05:52] | but his grades don’t seem to reflect it, | 成绩却反映不出来 |
[05:55] | oftentimes, he isn’t being challenged at his school. | 通常是他所在的学校没有足够的挑战 |
[05:58] | And you maybe want to consider other options. | 或许你们可以考虑其他选择 |
[06:01] | 海恩斯学院 招收超常儿童 | |
[06:02] | They have wonderful programs | 他们对兰德尔这类特殊儿童 |
[06:03] | for exceptional children like Randall. | 由一套出色的学习方案 |
[06:06] | Not gonna happen. | 绝对不行 |
[06:06] | Jack, please stop making me say “Jack.” | 杰克 你能不能冷静点 |
[06:09] | Randall is one of the only black kids at this school, | 虽然兰德尔在的这所学校只有几个黑人孩子 |
[06:12] | but at least here he has his brother and sister. | 可他在这儿至少还有兄弟姐妹 |
[06:14] | – I know. – What about them? | -我明白 -那另外两个孩子呢 |
[06:15] | I mean, can they go, too? | 他们也能去那所学校吗 |
[06:17] | Mr. Pearson, all due respect, | 皮尔森先生 恕我冒昧 |
[06:20] | Kevin and Kate wouldn’t do well in that school. | 凯文和凯特过去是没什么好处的 |
[06:23] | You see, that’s where you’re wrong. | 看到没 这就是你们犯的错误 |
[06:24] | All of our children are exceptional. | 我们的三个孩子都很出众 |
[06:29] | Can I touch you? | 我能摸摸你吗 |
[06:32] | I just want to touch you one more time. | 我只想再触摸你一次 |
[06:33] | Just… one part of your body. | 哪怕… 只是你身体的一部分 |
[06:35] | Your hair. | 你的头发 |
[06:37] | I want to wake up… | 我想清醒过来 |
[06:42] | I’m sorry, I… I’m… | 对不起 我… 我… |
[06:44] | I’m not… | 我不能… |
[06:44] | I’m sorry, can we… can we just start over? | 对不起 可以重来一遍吗 |
[06:46] | Yeah, yeah. Uh, Kevin, can I ask you something? | 好的 凯文 能问你个问题吗 |
[06:51] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[06:52] | Why… | 为什么… |
[06:53] | Just try to help me understand this. | 你能不能试着给我解释一下 |
[06:55] | Wh-Why, every time we come to this scene, | 为什么每到这个场景 |
[06:59] | this-this pinnacle of grief, which should rip… | 这场戏悲伤到极点 本应该… |
[07:03] | I mean, literally rip… tears from the audience, | 我是说 你本该让观众们痛哭流涕 |
[07:08] | why you summon up all the emotion of a Google Maps voice. | 你语气怎么像谷歌地图的语音一样毫无感情呢 |
[07:17] | Right. | 好吧 |
[07:20] | I don’t know. May… | 我不知道 可能… |
[07:21] | You know, maybe it’s in the words. | 可能台词有问题 |
[07:22] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:23] | You’ve never said them. | 你从没说过那段词 |
[07:24] | Uh, no, I think… I think I’m saying ’em. | 没有啊 我… 我正说着呢 |
[07:26] | No. I mean, yeah, like, s-some. | 不对 你是 说了几句 |
[07:28] | Kind of. | 说了点 |
[07:29] | But you’re-you’re mostly paraphrasing. | 可你大多都改了 |
[07:31] | – I’m sorry. – Y-Yeah. | -对不起 -没事没事 |
[07:32] | You see, it’s really simple. | 你看 其实很简单 |
[07:34] | Olivia is Jessica, your wife. | 奥利维亚就是杰西卡 你的妻子 |
[07:37] | – Okay. – You are David. | -又来了 -你就是大卫 |
[07:39] | You loved her, | 你爱她 |
[07:42] | but now she is dead. | 可现在她死了 |
[07:45] | So you are grieving the loss of her. | 所以你正为失去她而悲痛不已 |
[07:48] | There’s no longer any such thing as gravity. | 你的世界都崩塌了 |
[07:54] | Have you ever lost anyone? | 你有没有失去过什么人 |
[07:57] | Yes. | 有 |
[07:57] | Because I don’t believe you. | 可我不相信你 |
[07:59] | Well, you know, Ron, it’s not my job | 知道吗 罗恩 我的工作 |
[08:00] | to make sure you believe me. | 不是要让你来相信我 |
[08:02] | Oh, yes, yes, it is! It is! | 不 不对 就是这样 |
[08:03] | It is exactly your job! | 这就是你的事 |
[08:06] | Do your job. | 做好你该做的事 |
[08:08] | What is she writing? | 她在写什么 |
[08:09] | What are you writing? | 你写什么呢 |
[08:10] | That’s her suicide note. | 写她的绝命书 |
[08:12] | All right, all right, enough, okay? | 好了 好了 你们都够了 好吗 |
[08:15] | He’ll get there. | 他能做到的 |
[08:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:19] | All right. | 好 |
[08:21] | 10:00 A.M. Tuesday, everybody. | 周二上午十点 大家再来 |
[08:23] | – Thank you. – It’s a process. | -多谢你 -只是必要的过程 |
[08:24] | Just… let it go for now. | 先别再想了 |
[08:27] | Yeah. | 好 |
[08:30] | What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天有什么安排 |
[08:32] | Oh. Uh, well, tomorrow I was just gonna spend | 我打算花一整天时间 |
[08:34] | the entire day feeling like a failure, but, uh… | 感受我的失败 不过… |
[08:36] | Come to a party with me. | 跟我去派对吧 |
[08:39] | A party? What kind of party we talking? | 派对 你说什么派对 |
[08:40] | – I’ll text you the address. – Yeah, okay. All right. | -我会把地址发给你 -好吧 |
[08:47] | There’s no way in hell. | 我去 不是吧 |
[08:50] | This job better be worth it. | 这工作最好值得我费劲爬上去 |
[08:52] | See ya, world. | 再见了 世界 |
[08:54] | It’s been real. | 以前的日子真好 |
[08:56] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[09:02] | You sure you’re all right? | 你真的没事吗 |
[09:03] | Oh. Yeah, I’m good. | 对 我很好 |
[09:05] | I’m good. Yeah. Yeah. | 我很好 真的 |
[09:08] | I’m good. | 没事 |
[09:11] | Mrs. Rosenthal… | 罗森塔尔太太 |
[09:12] | Marin. | 叫我马琳 |
[09:13] | Oh. Marin. | 马琳 |
[09:16] | I realize that my previous employment with my brother | 我知道我之前在我哥哥手下的工作经历 |
[09:18] | might not be directly applicable. | 可能和这份工作不是很相符 |
[09:20] | However, I am abnormally organized. | 可是我这人做事条理分明 |
[09:23] | And I’m basically the not crazy version | 我就是《尽善尽美》中 |
[09:23] | 1997年美国电影 男主角患有洁癖强迫症并憎恶同性恋 | |
[09:25] | of Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets. | 正常版的杰克·尼科尔森 |
[09:26] | – Oh, I love that movie. Oh. – Right? | -我超喜欢那部电影 -是吗 |
[09:29] | “You make me want to be a better man.” | “你让我想成为更好的人” |
[09:31] | Oh! Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:34] | I’m sorry, you were saying… | 抱歉 你刚才说… |
[09:34] | No. I-I have grant writing experience, | 对 我有补助金的写作经验 |
[09:37] | and I’m used to dealing with Hollywood types, | 而且经常和好莱坞的一些人打交道 |
[09:40] | which I know are large contributors to your foundation. | 我知道他们是你们基金的主要捐助者 |
[09:42] | And I know you’re on the board of Stay In Touch | 我还知道 你是”保持联络” |
[09:45] | and the Butterfly Ball. | 和”蝴蝶舞会”的董事会成员 |
[09:46] | Oh, my God, that’s amazing. | 我的天 真是太厉害了 |
[09:49] | Doug Kincaid, | 道格·金凯德 |
[09:50] | your boss before your brother, was it? | 在你哥哥之前 他是你老板 对吗 |
[09:52] | He speaks about you in such glowing terms. | 他对你称赞有加 |
[09:55] | Why did you quit his firm? | 你为什么要离开他的公司 |
[09:57] | Because I fell in love with him, | 因为我爱上了他 |
[10:00] | and it was not a healthy situation. | 所以我们不适合一起工作 |
[10:03] | I like you, Kate. | 我喜欢你 凯特 |
[10:04] | You’re qualified, you’re smart, | 你能胜任 你很聪明 |
[10:05] | and I need someone right now by my side. | 而我现在正需要一个助手 |
[10:08] | Now, it’s not assistant work. | 但并不是做助理的工作 |
[10:09] | It’s part event coordinator, part development associate. | 既要协调活动 又要拓展业务 |
[10:11] | I would be absolutely thrilled. | 荣幸之至 |
[10:14] | But there is some personal stuff you may have to do, | 不过你可能还得替我办些私事 |
[10:17] | an errand here or there, | 有时跑跑腿 |
[10:18] | maybe drive my daughter to and from? | 开车接送我女儿 |
[10:21] | Yeah. Okay. | 好啊 没问题 |
[10:22] | – Not much, so don’t worry about that. – No, of course. | -偶尔的 所以别担心 -当然不会 |
[10:25] | So, do you want the gig? | 那么 你接受这份工作吗 |
[10:26] | Wait, really? | 等等 真的吗 |
[10:28] | I’m so excited! | 我太激动了 |
[10:29] | Well, I’m so excited! | 我也很激动 |
[10:32] | I wanted you from the moment | 从卫生纸粘住你头的那一刻起 |
[10:33] | the toilet paper was stuck to your head. | 我就已经决定要你了 |
[10:35] | Seriously, though, whatever you need, | 说真的 不管你需要什么 |
[10:38] | I’m your girl. | 我都愿意去做 |
[10:41] | This is my daughter. Jemma, this is Kate. | 这是我女儿 杰玛 这位是凯特 |
[10:44] | So, I see you picked the fat one. | 你雇了个胖子啊 |
[11:01] | Weather derivatives are tradable commodities | 天气衍生品是一种贸易商品 |
[11:04] | that protect business owners | 它能够保护企业所有者 |
[11:06] | from future changes in the weather. | 免受天气变化的影响 |
[11:09] | It’s like licking a piece of pizza | 就好比你舔一下披萨 |
[11:11] | so that nobody will eat it later. | 别人就不会吃了 |
[11:16] | Now I’m thinking about pizza. | 我开始想披萨了 |
[11:18] | – Okay. – No, wait, I’m sorry– no, no, no, wait, | -好吧 -不 等等 抱歉 等一下 |
[11:20] | I was gonna get it this time. | 我这次是想搞清楚的 |
[11:21] | Look, how am I supposed to inspire an auditorium full of strangers, | 如果连我的老婆孩子都不理解我是做什么的 |
[11:24] | and my own wife and kids don’t even understand what I do? | 我又怎么能打动一个礼堂的陌生人呢 |
[11:26] | – That’s not true. – Really? | -不是这样的 -真的吗 |
[11:28] | What do I do? | 我是做什么的 |
[11:31] | You trade weather. | 你买卖天气 |
[11:33] | You trade commodities based on weather patterns. | 你根据天气类型交易商品 |
[11:36] | And what does that mean? | 这又是什么意思呢 |
[11:38] | Oh, damn, Randall, I don’t know. | 该死 兰德尔 我不知道 |
[11:40] | You swap lightning bolts for thunder clouds? | 你用闪电球交换雷暴云 |
[11:43] | Look, I know what your day is like. | 我知道你每天都是怎么度过的 |
[11:45] | I know that you like one of your partners | 我知道你喜欢其中一个合伙人 |
[11:46] | and you hate the other one. | 却讨厌另外一个 |
[11:48] | I know that you’re gonna redesign your office furniture | 我知道你打算重新设计办公室的家具 |
[11:51] | and that you might fire your assistant | 你还有可能解雇你的助理 |
[11:52] | because she says “like” too much. | 因为她总是说”好像” |
[11:54] | It’s nonstop. | 她说个不停 |
[11:55] | Can I talk to you in depth about weather patterns? | 我能和你深入地探讨一下天气类型吗 |
[11:57] | No, I cannot. | 不行 我做不到 |
[11:59] | But I don’t think you’d want me to if I could, so… | 即便我能 你也不会答应的 所以… |
[12:02] | Hey, what’s-what’s this really about? | 你到底怎么了 |
[12:06] | Maybe I was meant to be a musician. | 或许我本该成为一位音乐家 |
[12:09] | I’m sorry, what now? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[12:10] | Or an artist or a writer. | 或者艺术家 或者作家 |
[12:12] | Just think about it, Beth. | 想想看 贝丝 |
[12:14] | There’s this whole genetic side of me | 也许我身上是有这种天赋的 |
[12:16] | that nobody even knew existed. | 只是根本没人发现 |
[12:19] | I mean, William was a poet, | 我是说 威廉是个诗人 |
[12:21] | an artist, a musician. | 艺术家 音乐家 |
[12:23] | You know, maybe I’ve had an artistic side in me all along | 也许我一直很有艺术天赋 |
[12:26] | and nobody knew to empower it. | 可没人发掘出来 |
[12:28] | You know, maybe I wasn’t meant to be | 或许我不该做一个 |
[12:29] | a straight and narrow math geek | 每天必须西装革履 |
[12:31] | destined to wear a shirt and tie every day | 中规中矩跟数字打交道的呆子 |
[12:32] | like my parents thought. | 就像我父母想象的那样 |
[12:33] | Maybe I was meant to live a musician’s life. | 也许我这辈子就该做个音乐家 |
[12:36] | On the road and playing clubs, you know? | 到处奔走 在酒吧里演奏 |
[12:40] | All right, well, in this musical fantasy version of yourself, | 好吧 在你这个音乐家的梦中 |
[12:44] | – what instrument would you… – Sax. | -你演奏哪种… -萨克斯 |
[12:46] | Like Wesley in Mo’ Better Blues. | 就像《爱情至上》中的韦斯利 |
[12:47] | Definitely sax. | 一定得是萨克斯 |
[12:48] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:50] | That’s sexy, yeah. | 真是太性感了 |
[12:51] | You’re making fun of me. | 你在笑话我 |
[12:52] | – No. – No, you’re making fun of me. | -没有 -有 你就是在笑话我 |
[12:54] | No, I am not. I’m-I’m not. | 不 没有 我没有啦 |
[12:57] | Your biological father just came back into your life, | 你亲生父亲刚回到你的生活中 |
[12:59] | and it’s bringing up all kinds of stuff. | 这激起了你的很多想法 |
[13:01] | It’s-it’s normal. | 这 这很正常 |
[13:04] | Look, | 听着 |
[13:05] | why don’t you try out this-this crazy artist side | 你不妨试试展示下自己狂野艺术家的一面 |
[13:09] | of yourself and, you know, get this presentation popping. | 在这次发言中一鸣惊人 |
[13:13] | Let’s see how it flies with some eight-year-olds, right? | 看看八岁小观众们喜不喜欢 好吗 |
[13:16] | Before you, like, shift careers | 在你真的改行 |
[13:17] | and start playing open mic saxophone nights. | 去夜场演奏萨克斯风之前先实践下 |
[13:21] | – You know, maybe I will. – Okay, yeah. | -也许我真会去 -那好啊 |
[13:22] | I see you are making fun of me, but I will. | 我知道你在笑话我 不过我会试试的 |
[13:23] | No, yeah. | 没有 好啊 |
[13:24] | – Why don’t you stop smiling? – I can’t. | -你能不能不笑了 -我停不下来 |
[13:26] | – Stop smiling. – I’m sorry. | -别笑了 -抱歉 |
[13:28] | This early midlife crisis is so you, I can’t stand it. | 我忍不住 这中年危机早期症状太像你了 |
[13:33] | You want something to smile about? | 你想再来点笑料吗 |
[13:34] | – No, please. – Do you, do you really? | -不要了 拜托 -真的 真的吗 |
[13:49] | Hi, can I speak to Michael please? | 你好 麻烦找下麦克尔 |
[13:50] | Hey, Tanner, it’s Kate. | 唐纳 我是凯特 |
[13:52] | Yeah, Kevin’s sister. How are you? | 对 凯文的妹妹 你最近怎么样 |
[13:53] | Oh, good. Are you by any chance | 很好 想问下你会不会刚好有空 |
[13:56] | available on the third for a charity event? | 来参加个慈善会 |
[13:57] | Hey, I have a question for you: | 我有个问题想问下你 |
[13:58] | how do you feel about homelessness? | 你对无家可归现象怎么看 |
[14:00] | I know, it’s a bummer, right? | 我明白 很糟糕 对吧 |
[14:01] | So, we’re looking to cater about 400 people. | 我们差不多要接待四百人 |
[14:03] | Your restaurant’s definitely gonna want to be a part of this. | 您的餐厅势必也想加入到我们的活动 |
[14:05] | Oh, my– I know. | 天啊 我知道 |
[14:08] | Awesome, okay, great. | 太棒了 行 很好 |
[14:08] | Thanks, Z. Bye. | 谢谢 泽 拜拜 |
[14:11] | You’re killer. | 你太能干了 |
[14:14] | I need you to take me to Ashley’s. | 我要你载我去艾希莉家 |
[14:16] | Oh, well, what if Kate gave you a ride? | 让凯特载你去怎么样 |
[14:17] | Do you mind? | 可以吗 |
[14:20] | No. | 行 |
[14:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:25] | I’ll be in the car, intern. | 我在车里等你 实习生 |
[14:42] | – Should we go in? – Yeah. | -要进去了吗 -好 |
[14:44] | Listen, what kind of party is this anyway? | 这到底是个什么派对 |
[14:45] | ‘Cause everyone seems pretty sad. | 大家看着都很难过的样子 |
[14:47] | Of course they’re sad. | 当然难过了 |
[14:47] | It’s a memorial service. | 这是场追悼会 |
[14:49] | Come on, in we go, | 快点 我们进去吧 |
[14:51] | before all the good cheese is gone. | 不然好吃的奶酪要没了 |
[14:58] | What are we doing here? | 我们来这儿干嘛 |
[15:00] | We are here | 我们来这 |
[15:01] | because your wife– do you remember her? | 是因为你妻子 还记得她吗 |
[15:04] | I think so, yeah. | 应该记得 |
[15:05] | The one that you love more than life itself? | 你爱她胜于生命的那个人 |
[15:07] | – Definitely rings a bell. – Got it. | -想起来了 -那就好 |
[15:09] | She wants to take a look at this place. | 她想看看这地方 |
[15:12] | Okay, I’m looking. | 好吧 我在看呢 |
[15:14] | Geez, this place is whiter | 天啊 这地方比兰德尔 |
[15:16] | than Randall’s already pretty white other school. | 之前那满是白人的学校还要”白”啊 |
[15:20] | I mean, look at these kids. | 看看这些孩子 |
[15:22] | They look like little nazi robots. | 他们就像小小的纳粹机器人 |
[15:26] | That one’s got a briefcase. | 那小孩还拎了个公文包 |
[15:27] | I… no kid should be carrying a briefcase. | 我说 哪有孩子拎公文包的啊 |
[15:31] | I think it’s cute. | 我觉得很可爱啊 |
[15:31] | Yeah, it’s cute now; next thing you know, he’s gonna be | 是 你现在是觉得可爱 往后他余生 |
[15:33] | trapped in a cubicle for the rest of his life. | 都要被困在办公室的小格子里了 |
[15:36] | I tell you, it starts with a briefcase, | 我告诉你吧 先是拎个公文包 |
[15:37] | then you put on a tie, you sit at a desk. | 接着再系上个领带 坐上办公桌 |
[15:39] | Next thing you know, you are so conditioned to the florescent lights | 接下来你猜怎样 你就被束缚在日光灯下了 |
[15:42] | that when you step outside, the sun actually burns your eyes. | 你走到外面 连太阳都会刺痛你的眼睛 |
[15:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:53] | This isn’t about me. | 我说的不是自己 |
[15:54] | Well, it certainly isn’t about Randall. | 肯定也不是说兰德尔吧 |
[16:02] | Look, I… I wasn’t gonna say anything | 我 我本来不打算在有初步规划前 |
[16:03] | until I’d had a few details worked out, but… | 把事情说出来的 不过… |
[16:08] | I think I’m gonna go out on my own. | 我打算自己出来混了 |
[16:11] | Start my own company. | 自己开公司 |
[16:12] | Big Three Homes. I just… | 三个小家伙之家 我只是… |
[16:16] | Doesn’t feel like a very good time right now. | 现在说可能有点不合时宜 |
[16:23] | I think it’s great. | 我觉得挺好的 |
[16:25] | I think you should do it. | 你应该去试试 |
[16:27] | It’s not that easy, Bec. | 没那么简单的 小贝 |
[16:28] | I mean… what does this place even cost? | 这个地方得花多少钱 |
[16:33] | We’ll figure it out. | 我们会想到办法的 |
[16:35] | We’ll figure it out– we’ll send Randall to another school, | 会有办法的 我们可以让兰德尔换一所学校 |
[16:38] | we’ll get him a tutor, we’ll do whatever we have to do. | 给他请个家教 尽我们所能 |
[16:41] | All right. I just don’t want you to be unhappy. | 好 我只希望你能快乐 |
[16:46] | – I mean it. – Okay. | -我说真的 -明白 |
[16:50] | All right. | 那就好 |
[16:52] | We’ll come back. | 我们会再回来的 |
[16:55] | This is nice. | 这儿很漂亮 |
[16:56] | It’s very nice. | 非常漂亮 |
[17:01] | Jemma, your mom told me that you would be giving me | 杰玛 你妈妈说你会告诉我 |
[17:03] | Ashley’s address. | 艾希莉家的地址 |
[17:07] | Jemma, will you answer me? | 杰玛 你能不能回答我的问题 |
[17:11] | Jemma, I’m gonna need the address. | 杰玛 我需要地址 |
[17:13] | – Why? ‘Cause you need to get back to work? – Yes. | -干嘛 你急着回去工作吗 -是的 |
[17:16] | And if I didn’t value the work, | 要不是看重这份工作 |
[17:17] | I wouldn’t be tolerating this attitude. | 我也不会甘愿忍受你这态度了 |
[17:19] | Just so we’re clear. | 只是澄清下 |
[17:21] | What’d she tell you, you’d be an associate? | 她跟你说什么了 让你当合伙人吗 |
[17:24] | And you thought my mom was gonna | 你真以为我妈妈会因为 |
[17:25] | give you actual responsibilities, | 一些三流明星接你的电话 |
[17:27] | because a few C-list celebrities take your calls? | 就给你真正的职位吗 |
[17:30] | Clearly she only hired you | 很显然 她雇你 |
[17:32] | because she thinks the fat girl can get through to me. | 只是因为她觉得一个胖女孩会走进我的内心 |
[17:34] | Guess she figured, bigger the better. | 我猜她是觉得 越胖越好吧 |
[17:38] | You know, I actually feel bad for you. | 其实我觉得你挺可怜的 |
[17:40] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[17:42] | Yeah, well, don’t feel bad for me, okay? | 你别可怜我 好吧 |
[17:45] | ‘Cause I have a ride home. | 因为我还有车回家 |
[17:46] | I’m sorry? | 什么意思 |
[17:47] | – Get out. – What? | -下车 -什么 |
[17:49] | Get out of the damn car, Jemma, before I toss you out of it! | 给我下车 杰玛 不然我把你扔出去 |
[17:56] | And you know what? You can walk to Ashley’s. | 你知道吗 你可以走路去艾希莉家 |
[17:58] | And fat girl to fat girl, if you keep up the pace, | 给你分享胖女孩的心得 如果你走得快 |
[18:00] | you can burn 417 calories an hour walking. | 走路一小时可以燃烧417卡路里 |
[18:11] | I love American cheese. | 我太爱美式奶酪了 |
[18:15] | English cheese is so blue, it’s angry. | 英式奶酪吃起来总是很沮丧 太烦了 |
[18:17] | American cheese is like a-a bed you can just fall into. | 美式奶酪就好像是可以躺上去的床 |
[18:21] | So, whose good-bye party is this anyway? | 话说回来 这是谁的告别聚会 |
[18:23] | Frank Pendergrass. | 弗兰克·彭德格拉斯 |
[18:25] | Tree branch fell on him three days ago | 三天前他在中央公园慢跑时 |
[18:26] | when he was jogging through Central Park. | 树枝砸在了他身上 |
[18:28] | Bang. Dead. | 就这么死了 |
[18:30] | Well, that sucks. | 这也太倒霉了 |
[18:32] | You knew him how? | 你怎么认识他的 |
[18:33] | Oh, I didn’t. No, the obituary gave the address of the service, | 我不认识 讣告上写了追悼会的地址 |
[18:35] | so, I thought… | 于是我就… |
[18:37] | Hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[18:38] | What are you trying to say? | 你是什么意思 |
[18:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:40] | I’m Frank’s wife, Grace. | 我是弗兰克的妻子 格蕾丝 |
[18:44] | Hi. Uh, I’m Jessica. | 你好 我叫杰西卡 |
[18:46] | This is my husband, David. | 这是我丈夫 大卫 |
[18:49] | Were you students of my husband? | 你们是我丈夫的学生吗 |
[18:50] | We actually met in his class. | 我们其实是在他的课上相识的 |
[18:53] | Right? | 是吧 |
[18:59] | Students. | 他学生 |
[19:00] | Yeah, we were sitting in the front row, | 当时我们坐在第一排 |
[19:02] | and we kept looking at each other, | 一直眉来眼去的 |
[19:04] | and then finally Frank stopped the class and said, | 最后弗兰克看不下去了 停下来说道 |
[19:06] | “You two are distracting me. Go outside, have sex, | “你们俩太让我分心了 出去 上个床 |
[19:09] | and come back when you’re ready to learn something.” | 准备好学知识了再进来” |
[19:12] | Well, that sounds like Frank. | 还真像弗兰克会说的话 |
[19:15] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[19:16] | Thank you both so much for coming. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[19:18] | – Thank you for coming. – I’m so sorry for your loss. | -感谢你的到来 -节哀顺变 |
[19:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:24] | Well done. | 任务完成了 |
[19:25] | No, no, no, hold on. No, no, no. You brought… | 不不不 等等 你把我 |
[19:27] | You brought me to a stranger’s funeral? | 你把我带到一个陌生人的葬礼上来 |
[19:30] | – Memorial service. – Whatever. Why | -追悼会 -管它叫什么 为什么 |
[19:33] | What, because I’m struggling with the grief scene? | 因为我演不好苦情戏吗 |
[19:34] | You said I would get there. | 你说过我会演好的 |
[19:35] | Yeah, well, I didn’t say you’d get there on your own. | 是啊 但我可没说凭你自己能演好 |
[19:37] | This is insane. | 这也太疯狂了 |
[19:39] | But thank you very much for the lesson. | 但是十分感谢你的这一课 |
[19:40] | I appreciate it. Now I’m gonna go have a drink. | 我很感激 现在我要去喝杯酒 |
[19:43] | Enjoy your cheese. | 好好享受你的奶酪吧 |
[19:49] | Hey, baby, what happened to Jungle Book? | 宝贝 怎么不看《森林王子》了 |
[19:51] | It’s over. | 演完了 |
[19:52] | Well, Mommy snuck in a quick shower– shh. | 妈咪悄悄来洗个澡 嘘 |
[19:55] | Got to get them in while you can, little bug. | 一分一秒的时间都不能浪费呀 小可爱 |
[19:59] | You’re so pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[20:01] | Thank you, baby. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[20:03] | Well, if I’m pretty, you’re pretty, ’cause we look alike. | 如果我漂亮你也漂亮 因为我们长得很像 |
[20:06] | Oh, can you get Mommy’s yellow blouse, | 能不能把妈妈的黄色衬衣拿来 |
[20:09] | the one with the buttons? | 带纽扣的那件 |
[20:10] | Just in the closet? Thank you. | 就在衣橱里 谢谢 |
[20:26] | Thank you, bug. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[20:29] | Okay, I’m going to pick up Randall. | 我去接兰德尔 |
[20:30] | Good-bye, beautiful. | 再见 小美人 |
[20:32] | Bye, see you later. Hey, baby, | 一会儿见 宝贝 还有 |
[20:33] | I’m almost done getting ready. | 我马上就准备好了 |
[20:37] | Tonight, little man, you, me and a B-52? | 今晚 小家伙 我们一起拼B-52飞机 |
[20:39] | Okay, don’t finish it, I got to help with something. | 别做完了 我也要来拼一点 |
[20:42] | Sounds good. | 可以呀 |
[20:51] | I’m sorry. I was, I was, uh… | 抱歉 我是在 我在… |
[20:53] | People keep bringing me things, like I forgot how to cook. | 大家一直送我吃的 好像我不会做饭一样 |
[20:57] | There’s no room in here | 冰箱都放不下了 |
[20:58] | and I don’t know where to put all of Frank’s food. | 我也不知道把弗兰克的食物放哪儿 |
[21:09] | You have a lot of pickles. | 好多腌黄瓜 |
[21:15] | I hate pickles. | 我讨厌腌黄瓜 |
[21:17] | But he loves them. | 但是他超爱的 |
[21:19] | Yeah, he eats them in bed. | 他在床上吃 |
[21:24] | “Ate.” | 曾经 |
[21:25] | He is now past tense. | 现在他是过去式了 |
[21:28] | He used to be “is.” | 以前可以直呼其名 |
[21:31] | Now he is “was.” | 现在都要加个曾经 |
[21:36] | Hey, I like pickles. | 我喜欢腌黄瓜 |
[21:39] | Good. | 那太好了 |
[21:40] | – Here. – OK. | -给你 -好 |
[21:45] | How do you feel about holiday ties? | 你喜欢节日领带吗 |
[21:48] | And sport coats. | 还有运动外套 |
[21:50] | Because I asked Jeremy, | 因为我问过杰里米了 |
[21:51] | but he said he didn’t want anything of his dad’s. | 他说不需要任何他爸爸的遗物 |
[21:59] | How old is Jeremy? | 杰里米多大了 |
[22:02] | Fifteen. | 十五岁 |
[22:05] | That’s tough. | 这太残忍了 |
[22:07] | 15 is tough. | 十五岁的话太残忍了 |
[22:12] | Uh, my dad and I | 我小时候 |
[22:14] | used to build models together, when I was a kid. | 我和我爸会一起拼模型 |
[22:18] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[22:19] | Yeah, we’d build, um, planes and boats. | 是的 我们会拼飞机 轮船 |
[22:22] | I used to pick the most complex ones, | 我以前总是挑最难的拼 |
[22:24] | B-52s, aircraft carriers, | B-52轰炸机 航空母舰 |
[22:27] | ’cause they took the longest, you know? | 因为做这些花的时间最长 |
[22:28] | See, I was one of three kids, | 我们家有三个孩子 |
[22:30] | so you really had to strategize to get your alone time with Dad. | 所以真得花心思去争取和爸爸独处的时间 |
[22:33] | You know, and eventually, | 最后 |
[22:33] | we had a whole fleet of them; | 我们建了一整只舰队 |
[22:34] | We had just rows and rows, shelves of them. | 一排一排地在架子上陈列着 |
[22:37] | You know, and then when he died… | 当他去世以后… |
[22:41] | when… | 当… |
[22:42] | when he… when he died, I, um… | 当他去世后 我… |
[22:47] | I-I threw all the models away. | 我把这些模型都扔掉了 |
[22:51] | I threw every one of them away. | 我把每一个都扔掉了 |
[22:52] | I don’t know why… why I did that, you know? | 我也不知道我为什么要这样做 |
[22:56] | You were how old? | 那时你多大 |
[22:58] | Uh, it was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前了 |
[23:03] | I have, um… | 我还留着… |
[23:04] | I have this. | 我还留着这个 |
[23:07] | This necklace, this is his and, um, | 这个项链 这是他的 |
[23:10] | it’s the only thing I have left of him. | 我就只留了他这条链子 |
[23:14] | And at first, you know, I didn’t want to wear it, | 最开始 我并不想戴 |
[23:16] | I wouldn’t wear it, I wouldn’t even look at it, but now it’s… | 我不会戴 甚至都不想看 但现在… |
[23:21] | It’s all I have and I… I can’t take it off now, so… | 我只有这了 我不能取下来 所以… |
[23:25] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[23:40] | Oh, my God, this is so dumb. | 天哪 这实在太蠢了 |
[23:41] | What am I doing? I’m supposed to be comforting you, | 我在做什么 我该来安慰你才是 |
[23:44] | not snotting all over you. | 而不是把鼻涕流你身上到处都是 |
[23:49] | Who are you again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[24:00] | Randall, your daddy’s here. | 兰德尔 你爸爸来了 |
[24:02] | We’re almost done. | 我们马上完了 |
[24:03] | Best two out of three. | 三局两胜 |
[24:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:09] | Hey, thanks for — thanks for having him. | 谢谢你让他来你家玩 |
[24:11] | Oh, I will take him as much as he’ll have it. | 他想来 我随时欢迎 |
[24:14] | Show my own boys what manners look like. | 让我家孩子也看看什么叫礼貌 |
[24:20] | Hey, did Rebecca tell you about his school? | 丽贝卡告诉你 他在学校的事了吗 |
[24:24] | No. What happened? | 没有 怎么了 |
[24:26] | I guess he scored off the charts on some tests, | 他好像是考试得了很高的分 |
[24:29] | and now they want to uproot him during the school year, | 现在校方想把他送走 |
[24:32] | send him to some private academy. | 送去私立学院什么的 |
[24:34] | You know, take him away from the other two. | 把他和其他两个孩子分开 |
[24:35] | Why? Is it, is it a boarding school? | 为什么 那是个寄宿学校吗 |
[24:37] | No. | 不是 |
[24:38] | No, it’s, uh– | 就是 |
[24:39] | it’s uniforms and, | 就是穿制服什么的 |
[24:43] | a lot of little white kids | 身边全都是白人小孩 |
[24:45] | marching around like it’s Nazi Germany. | 搞得那里像是在德国纳粹一样 |
[24:48] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[24:50] | That’s why you’re running this by me. | 所以你才向我咨询 |
[24:53] | What? | 什么 |
[24:54] | You’re looking for me to give you the black person seal of approval | 你想找一个黑人批准你在育儿方面 |
[24:57] | for any messed-up parenting decision you make. | 做一个糟糕的决定 |
[25:00] | How is it messed up? I just– | 怎么就糟糕了 我只是… |
[25:02] | I don’t want my son to feel more different. | 不想让我儿子觉得自己更特殊而已 |
[25:05] | Okay, so you just want to hold him back because he’s black? | 所以就因为他是黑人 你就想阻碍他的发展 |
[25:08] | No. Absolutely not. I… | 不 当然不是了 |
[25:12] | Jack, | 杰克 |
[25:13] | Randall is special. | 兰德尔是个特别的孩子 |
[25:16] | So, if you’re looking for somebody to make you feel better | 如果你让他放弃如此好的一个机会 |
[25:20] | about denying him a special opportunity, | 还期待别人会来安慰你 |
[25:25] | you may just have to find yourself another black person. | 你还是另找一位黑人吧 |
[25:28] | See you, guys. | 再见了 伙计们 |
[25:31] | Ready, Freddy. | 准备好啦 |
[25:32] | Bye, Ms. Yvette. | 再见 伊薇特夫人 |
[25:34] | – Did you win? – Yep. | -赢了吗 -当然 |
[25:57] | And I’ll never forget the look on her face | 当我把她的孩子送到她怀里时 |
[25:59] | when I placed her child back into her arms. | 她的表情我永生难忘 |
[26:02] | Never. | 永生难忘 |
[26:03] | So, yeah, that’s what I do. | 这就是我的工作 |
[26:04] | Day in and day out, | 日复一日地 |
[26:05] | I save children, just like you guys, from fires. | 将像你们这样的孩子从火里救出来 |
[26:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:13] | Let’s give it up for Kendal’s mom, Mandy! Yeah. | 大家为肯德尔的妈妈曼迪鼓掌 |
[26:19] | All right, okay, uh, up next is Tess’s dad, Randall, | 下一位是苔丝的爸爸 兰德尔 |
[26:23] | who is a weatherman. | 他是位气象员 |
[26:26] | Oh, sorry, sorry. | 抱歉抱歉 |
[26:28] | Uh, strike that. | 说错了 |
[26:29] | He’s a weather trader. | 他是位天气交易员 |
[26:34] | I don’t know what that is, but I think he’s gonna tell us. | 我不知道这是干什么的 听他解释吧 |
[26:37] | Here’s Randall. | 欢迎兰德尔 |
[26:46] | Hey, y’all. | 你们好 |
[26:50] | I’m a weather trader, | 我是天气交易员 |
[26:52] | which I know can be a little bit hard to explain, | 我知道这个很难解释 |
[26:55] | and so, um, | 于是 |
[26:58] | I wrote you guys a song about it. | 我给你们写了首歌 |
[27:08] | I thought Daddy couldn’t play the piano? | 爸爸不是不会弹钢琴吗 |
[27:10] | Daddy cannot. | 爸爸的确不会啊 |
[27:13] | *If you* | *如果你* |
[27:15] | Wait, mm, hold on one second. Sorry about that. | 等等 等一下 抱歉 |
[27:18] | Oh, sweet Jesus. | 天呐 |
[27:19] | If you… | 若你… |
[27:20] | Mm. One second, please. | 请稍等 |
[27:24] | *If you’ve got a farm* | *若你有家农场* |
[27:30] | *You should know the future cost of corn* | *你该知道玉米未来的成本* |
[27:36] | *So buy yourself a contract to* | *所以签一个承包合同* |
[27:40] | *Protect your crops.* | *保护自己的庄稼吧* |
[27:45] | *Rain, storm or snow* | *骤雨 风暴或降雪* |
[27:50] | *Might affect your* | *也许会影响* |
[27:52] | *Summer crops, so* | *夏日作物收成 那么* |
[27:57] | *Invest your money wisely* | *明智地投资* |
[28:00] | *You’ll be safe…* | *你就得以安全…* |
[28:03] | Come on everybody. | 大家一起来 |
[28:04] | *If you’ve got a farm* | *若你有家农场* |
[28:09] | *You should know the future cost of corn* | *你便知道玉米未来的成本* |
[28:14] | *So buy yourself a contract* | *所以签一个承包合同* |
[28:15] | Look away. Just look away. | 别看他 别看 |
[28:17] | *To protect your crops.* | *保护自己的庄稼吧* |
[28:23] | Ah, there you are. | 你在这里啊 |
[28:25] | I was with Grace. | 我刚和格蕾丝在一起 |
[28:26] | Who? | 谁 |
[28:27] | Grace. Frank’s wife. | 格蕾丝 弗兰克的妻子 |
[28:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:31] | Because she’s sad. Her husband died. | 因为她很悲伤 她丈夫过世了 |
[28:35] | Why are you mad at me? | 你为什么跟我凶 |
[28:39] | Because we shouldn’t be here. | 因为我们不该来的 |
[28:41] | This is not a play. | 这不是一场戏 |
[28:42] | You know, she’s a real person. | 她是一个真实的人 |
[28:45] | I’m a real person. | 我也是一个真实的人 |
[28:46] | Yeah, I can see that– maybe for the first time. | 我能看出来 终于看出来了 |
[28:51] | What happened to you? | 你经历过什么 |
[28:52] | What happened is my dad died. | 我父亲过世了 |
[28:53] | That’s what. | 就是这样 |
[28:57] | And I hated him for it. | 而我因此痛恨他 |
[28:59] | And I couldn’t eat for a month, | 我曾一个月无法进食 |
[29:00] | and I used to wake myself up crying, | 我曾每日醒来以泪洗面 |
[29:02] | so I could cry myself back to sleep again. | 这样就可以再次在泪水中入眠 |
[29:04] | That’s what happened. | 这就是我的经历 |
[29:07] | Why do you push all of that away? | 你为什么将这些情感撇开 |
[29:13] | You can’t just kill the feelings | 这些不是你害怕的妖怪 |
[29:14] | like they’re some creature that you’re afraid of. | 你无法扼杀自己的情绪 |
[29:17] | That pain is a part of you. | 这种痛楚是你的一部分 |
[29:20] | I can see it now. | 我现在能看出来 |
[29:23] | I can feel it. | 也能感觉到 |
[29:33] | Sorry, pickle mouth. | 抱歉 吃过腌菜 |
[29:34] | I don’t care. | 我不介意 |
[29:45] | Is Jemma OK? | 杰玛还好吗 |
[29:46] | What? She’s fine. | 什么 她很好 |
[29:48] | She said she had a really nice day with you. | 她说今天和你相处得很愉快 |
[29:51] | Which I didn’t believe for a second, | 但我根本不信 |
[29:53] | because you didn’t come back, so I pressed. | 因为你没有回来 所以我追问了她 |
[29:57] | I am really sorry that I left her. | 丢下她 我很抱歉 |
[30:01] | I can understand if you want to press charges | 如果你想以遗弃儿童罪起诉 |
[30:02] | for child abandonment. | 我可以理解 |
[30:04] | God, don’t even worry about it. | 天呐 快别这么说 |
[30:06] | I’ve left her at Three Malls myself, | 我自己还曾把她丢在三大百货 |
[30:08] | and I’ve wanted to shove her out of the car | 而且不止一次在高速路上 |
[30:09] | on the freeway at least once. | 想把她从车里丢出去 |
[30:12] | I don’t know what to do with her anymore. | 我都不知道拿她怎么办了 |
[30:14] | I can’t reach her. | 我走不进她的内心 |
[30:17] | Before yesterday, | 昨天之前 |
[30:19] | she’s spoken seven words to me in two weeks. | 她在两周里只和我说过七个字 |
[30:22] | And you heard them: | 你也听到了 |
[30:23] | “I see you hired the fat one.” | “你雇了个胖子啊” |
[30:26] | Is that why you hired me? | 这是你雇我的原因吗 |
[30:28] | No! God, no. | 不 天呐 当然不是 |
[30:32] | Not entirely. | 不全是这样 |
[30:33] | Yeah, I thought so. | 我猜就是 |
[30:34] | I am not proud of it. | 我也知道这样不好 |
[30:35] | I am sorry and it’s really not the only reason. | 我很抱歉 但那真不是唯一的原因 |
[30:39] | I-I liked your resume before I met you. | 见你本人之前 我就很喜欢你的简历 |
[30:42] | But, yeah. | 但 确实 |
[30:45] | I thought that maybe you’d be able to… | 我觉得你可能会… |
[30:48] | understand her. | 理解她 |
[30:50] | Her issues. | 理解她的问题 |
[30:51] | Oh, my God, it sounds horrible | 天呐 我这样说出来 |
[30:54] | when I say it out loud. | 太伤人了 |
[30:56] | God, please don’t quit. | 天呐 拜托别辞职 |
[31:03] | No more personal stuff. | 别再让我处理私人事务了 |
[31:06] | You saw my work; you know I can do it. | 你看到我工作 了解我的能力了 |
[31:08] | No more driving Jemma around. | 别再让我开车带杰玛了 |
[31:10] | You can afford an assistant for that. | 你可以雇一个助手代劳的 |
[31:12] | – Done. – And I want to chair the Butterfly Ball. | -成交 -我要加入蝴蝶舞会 |
[31:14] | – It’s yours. – And I want an office. | -可以 -我还要一间办公室 |
[31:16] | – Okay. – And I want an intern. | -没问题 -我还想要一个实习生 |
[31:18] | Okay, too far. | 好吧 太过了 |
[31:23] | I’ll see you at 9:00 tomorrow. | 明天九点见 |
[31:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:30] | Hey, is Jemma still here? | 杰玛还在这里吗 |
[31:31] | She’s outside. | 在外面 |
[31:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:36] | Hello? Hello? Pearson Corporation. | 喂喂 皮尔森公司 |
[31:39] | Would you like to discuss the big deal? | 想谈一单大生意吗 |
[31:42] | Well, I’m too busy. You’ll have to call back. | 我太忙了 你回头打给我吧 |
[31:46] | You love coming to work with Dad, huh? | 喜欢过来和爸爸一起工作 是不是 |
[31:49] | I wanted you here because I need your help with something. | 我想让你来帮我一些忙 |
[31:55] | Come here. | 过来 |
[31:57] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[31:59] | That is a house the company’s working on. | 这是公司负责在建的房子 |
[32:02] | – Cool. – Yeah. | -真酷 -是啊 |
[32:05] | You see, uh… | 你看 |
[32:07] | You see, I don’t know how many feet of two-by-four | 你看 我不知道 建这面墙需要多少 |
[32:12] | I’m gonna need for this wall right here. | 宽四寸厚二尺的板材 |
[32:13] | You see how each… how each inch is… | 你知道三英尺是多少… |
[32:16] | is three feet? | 多少英寸吗 |
[32:17] | 22h feet. | 22.5英尺 |
[32:22] | That’s pretty cool, buddy. | 真了不起 小家伙 |
[32:23] | Didn’t know you were so good with numbers. | 没想到你数学这么好 |
[32:25] | Wait, wait, wait. Come here. | 等等 过来 |
[32:30] | What about this wall right here? | 那这面墙呢 |
[32:31] | How many… how many do I need for that? | 建这面墙需要多少 |
[32:34] | I don’t know that one. | 这个我不会算 |
[32:38] | You knew how do it a second ago, now you don’t? | 一秒钟前你还会算 现在不会了吗 |
[32:41] | I don’t know it, Dad. | 我不知道 爸爸 |
[32:42] | I think you do. | 你肯定会算 |
[32:44] | I don’t. | 我不会 |
[32:47] | Randall, that’s enough. | 兰德尔 别闹了 |
[32:48] | – Come here. – I don’t want to. | -过来 -我不想算 |
[32:50] | Look. This wall, right here. | 看 就是这面墙 |
[32:55] | How much do I need? | 我需要多少板材 |
[32:56] | – I don’t know. I don’t know. – Tell me the answer. | -我不知道 不知道 -把答案说出来 |
[32:59] | How many feet? Tell me right now. | 多少英尺 快告诉我 |
[33:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:01] | Damn, it, Randall, tell me the answer! | 见鬼 兰德尔 快说答案 |
[33:05] | 34. | 34英尺 |
[33:07] | What’s that? | 说什么 |
[33:08] | 34. | 34英尺 |
[33:14] | That’s right. | 很正确 |
[33:17] | Why are you pretending not to know this stuff, huh? | 你为什么要假装不会算这些题呢 |
[33:20] | Getting B’s in math? | 故意在数学中考个B |
[33:22] | Not letting people see how smart you are? | 不让别人知道你很聪明 |
[33:24] | I don’t want to be different from them. | 我不想和他们不一样 |
[33:25] | Different from who? Who, the kids at school? | 和谁不一样 学校里那些孩子吗 |
[33:29] | If… if I get an A, I’ll get ice cream, | 如果得了A 我就有冰激凌吃 |
[33:32] | and Kate and Kevin won’t. | 而凯特和凯文没有 |
[33:34] | And then they’ll hate me. | 他们会恨我的 |
[33:44] | Can I be honest with you? | 我能跟你说实话吗 |
[33:47] | Man to man? | 男人间的对话 |
[33:48] | You know, your mom and me, we always try | 你妈妈和我总是尽力 |
[33:50] | to treat you kids the same. | 对你们几个一视同仁 |
[33:53] | Always have. | 一向如此 |
[33:55] | Hasn’t always worked, because, well, | 但并不总是有效 |
[33:57] | you’re not all the same. | 因为你们本来就不一样 |
[34:01] | You’re adopted, and we don’t talk about that enough. | 你是我们领养的 我们没好好谈过这事 |
[34:04] | ‘Cause to me, you are every part my son. | 因为对我来说 你完全就是我儿子 |
[34:10] | Maybe I.. I don’t want you to feel like you stand out. | 也许…我不想让你觉得自己太突出 |
[34:17] | But I need you to know something. | 但是你得知道一件事 |
[34:21] | I want you to stand out. | 我希望你出类拔萃 |
[34:23] | I want all of you to be as different | 我希望你们每一个都能 |
[34:27] | as you can possibly be. | 与众不同 |
[34:29] | In all the best ways. | 做最好的自己 |
[34:33] | I love you as much as a human heart can, kiddo. | 我倾尽全力爱你 孩子 |
[34:37] | You are an exceptional young man. | 你是个出众的年轻人 |
[34:42] | So don’t let your dad’s poor choice | 别让你爸卑微的想法 |
[34:45] | make you feel afraid to be different. | 阻碍你展现自我 |
[34:50] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[34:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[35:14] | It sounds better when you put your fingers on it. | 把手指放上去弹弹 声音更美妙 |
[35:19] | You know how, in the movies, | 在电影里 |
[35:21] | when somebody’s bad at something, | 主角不擅长一件事 |
[35:22] | but they don’t want to be, | 但又不想这样 |
[35:24] | and so they set their mind to it. | 于是就下定决心练习 |
[35:27] | And then we see this montage | 然后通过蒙太奇的剪辑手法 |
[35:29] | of them practicing and practicing. | 无数遍的练习镜头呈现在观众眼前 |
[35:31] | And then comes the big moment, and they’re amazing, | 而到了最后的关键时刻 就会大放异彩 |
[35:34] | and everybody cheers. | 大家欢呼喝彩 |
[35:37] | I’ve seen a few movies like that, yeah. | 我看过这类电影 |
[35:40] | I think I skipped the montage. | 我可能跳过了”蒙太奇”部分 |
[35:45] | When you first told me what you did for a living, | 你第一次告诉我你的工作时 |
[35:48] | man, I didn’t understand a word. | 天 我一个字也听不懂 |
[35:50] | Hand to God, I mean, | 对天发誓 |
[35:51] | you might as well have been speaking German. | 你还不如说些德语什么的 |
[35:54] | But I was watching your face. | 但当时我看着你的表情 |
[35:57] | In my better days, I have met and played with | 我没吸毒的时候 我曾与几位 |
[36:00] | some of the greatest musicians in the world. | 世界顶级音乐家一起演奏过 |
[36:03] | And when they talked about music, | 当他们谈起音乐 |
[36:06] | their face looked like your face | 他们的表情看起来 |
[36:08] | when you told me about whatever the hell it is you do. | 和你谈起工作时的表情一模一样 |
[36:12] | But if it’ll help, I can show you a thing or two on the piano. | 但是如果有帮助 我可以教你弹一两段琴 |
[36:16] | That would be great. | 那就太棒了 |
[36:17] | – Oh, not tonight, just… – Oh, right. | -今晚就算了 -对啊 |
[36:20] | – It’s late is the thing. – Yeah. No. | -现在太晚了 -是啊 算了 |
[36:22] | I got ya. | 我明白 |
[36:26] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[36:27] | Night. | 晚安 |
[36:36] | You don’t have to say bye to me. | 你不用和我告别 |
[36:39] | I didn’t quit. | 我没辞职 |
[36:47] | I know what you’re going through. | 我明白你的感受 |
[36:49] | Stop trying to have a moment with me. | 别想着和我促膝谈心了 |
[36:58] | So, my mom was skinny and gorgeous. | 我妈以前很苗条 也很漂亮 |
[37:01] | Well, is gorgeous. | 现在也很漂亮 |
[37:03] | She still gets hit on by everyone. | 大家还是喜欢搭讪她 |
[37:06] | She once was asked if she was a model | 有一次她得了流感 还被人问起 |
[37:07] | when she had the flu. | 是不是模特儿 |
[37:10] | Pretty hard growing up with a mom like that. | 在这样的妈妈身边长大非常艰难 |
[37:13] | I spent all my time comparing myself to her, | 我一直不断拿自己和她作比较 |
[37:16] | and then I took it out on her. | 然后把气撒在她身上 |
[37:18] | And now we barely talk, and it sucks. | 现在我们几乎不说话了 很糟糕 |
[37:23] | Hey, your mom’s not perfect. | 你妈不完美 |
[37:27] | She has her stuff, and you have yours, but… | 她有她的问题 你有你的问题 但是 |
[37:29] | you got to cut her a break. | 你别再跟她对着干了 |
[37:33] | Or you’re gonna regret it. | 不然你会后悔的 |
[37:35] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[37:39] | Kate, will you please help me out? | 凯特 能配合一下吗 |
[37:41] | No, I hate this dress! | 不 我讨厌这件裙子 |
[37:42] | I know. I don’t care that you hate it, though. | 我知道 可是我不管你讨不讨厌 |
[37:45] | It’s what’s clean and what fits, | 就这一件合身的干净衣服 |
[37:46] | – and it’s what you’re wearing. – I hate you! | -你穿定这件了 -我恨你 |
[37:50] | Put it on, please; we’re running late. | 快穿上 我们要迟到了 |
[37:52] | Hey, Jack? | 杰克 |
[37:53] | – Randall? You guys are ready? – Yeah. | -兰德尔 你们准备好了吗 -好了 |
[37:55] | – We have to leave in five minutes. – I know. I got him. | -五分钟后得出发了 -我知道 有我呢 |
[37:57] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[37:58] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 对 我确定 |
[38:00] | Hey, listen to your mother. | 听你妈妈的话 |
[38:03] | See, you look great. | 你看上去棒极了 |
[38:05] | Come get your lunch, young lady. | 拿好你的午饭 小姑娘 |
[38:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:10] | – See it? – Yeah. | -看清没有 -嗯 |
[38:12] | Yeah. Takes a little time, | 需要点时间练习 |
[38:13] | but you’ll get the hang of it. | 不过你会掌握窍门的 |
[38:16] | Here, look at me. | 看着我 |
[38:17] | Looking sharp. | 真精神 |
[38:19] | You ready for your first day? | 准备好上学第一天了吗 |
[38:20] | Are Kate and Kevin gonna ride with us? | 凯特和凯文会跟我们一起走吗 |
[38:22] | We’re gonna drop them off, | 我们先把他们送到学校 |
[38:24] | then we’re gonna drop you off, | 然后再把你送到学校 |
[38:25] | and then we’ll all be back together | 放学后 我们再一起回家 |
[38:28] | – after school, okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[38:30] | Hey, wait. Come here. | 等等 过来 |
[38:34] | We’ll tuck this low. | 往下系点 |
[38:36] | Nice and comfortable. | 这样好看又舒服 |
[38:39] | Say bye to your mom. | 去跟你妈说再见 |
[38:48] | Hot, plump ones coming through. | 新鲜出炉的煎饼来了 |
[38:52] | Mom, I have a soccer practice after school today. | 妈 今天放学后我要去练足球 |
[38:55] | Yeah, I remember. | 我记得 |
[38:56] | Come on. | 过来 |
[39:02] | I have something to say. | 我有话要说 |
[39:06] | Uh… my dad put on a tie every day | 我父亲每天都会系领带 |
[39:10] | because he had to. | 因为他必须这样做 |
[39:12] | I put one on every day because I want to. | 我每天系领带 是因为我想这样 |
[39:16] | It’s important you know that. | 这点很重要 |
[39:18] | Maybe I don’t run into burning buildings for a living, | 也许我不用每天靠出入火场来维持生计 |
[39:21] | but to me, my work is challenging and exciting. | 但对我来说 我的工作同样惊险刺激 |
[39:26] | I will not apologize for the fact | 也许别人很难理解 |
[39:27] | that it’s hard to explain to people. | 但我不会因此道歉 |
[39:29] | Okay, Daddy. | 好的 老爸 |
[39:33] | Uh, also, William, | 还有 威廉 |
[39:36] | thank you for offering to teach me piano, | 谢谢你愿意教我弹钢琴 |
[39:38] | but I don’t think at this point | 但我觉得 |
[39:39] | in our relationship it would be healthy | 鉴于我们现在的关系 |
[39:41] | to introduce that dynamic. | 还是先别这么做了 |
[39:45] | And so, | 所以 |
[39:46] | starting next Tuesday, I’m gonna be taking piano lessons | 下周二开始 我要去上 |
[39:48] | from Mrs. Perkins down the road. | 帕金斯女士的钢琴课 |
[39:53] | There’s gonna be a recital in the spring, | 春天会有一场演奏会 |
[39:55] | and I hope that you will all come and support me in this. | 我希望你们都能来支持我 |
[40:06] | What was that? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[40:08] | That was a midlife crisis, baby. | 那是中年危机 亲爱的 |
[40:09] | But just a little one, so go on, eat your waffle. | 这还不算什么 接着吃华夫饼吧 |
[40:14] | “Just a little one.” That’s good. | “还不算什么” 说得真好 |
[40:16] | He-He’s gonna take piano? | 他竟然要学钢琴 |
[40:20] | Brought you a cappuccino. | 给你买了杯咖啡 |
[40:21] | Soy, yeah? | 牛奶换成豆奶 对吗 |
[40:23] | You’re too kind. | 你太贴心了 |
[40:25] | Also wanted to say that, uh… | 我还想说… |
[40:27] | You know, I wanted to say that I forgive you. | 我想说 我原谅你了 |
[40:30] | For the lesson. Um… | 那节”课”的事… |
[40:33] | What can I say? It worked. | 我能说什么呢 奏效了 |
[40:34] | Mm, I’d say it did. | 我觉得也是 |
[40:37] | But, um, that’s not the only lesson. | 不过课可不止那一节 |
[40:40] | No? Okay. | 不是吗 好吧 |
[40:42] | What happened between you and me… | 我们之间发生的事… |
[40:47] | is never gonna happen again. | 永远不会再发生了 |
[40:50] | Oh. I-I thought… | 我以为… |
[40:52] | I know you did, but this is who we are and all we are. | 我知道 但我们仅仅只是这种关系 |
[40:56] | You’re my husband, and I’m your dead wife. | 你是我丈夫 我是你的亡妻 |
[41:01] | And you will never sleep with her again. | 你永远不会再和她上床了 |
[41:05] | Now, how does that make you feel? | 这让你作何感想 |
[41:10] | Sad. | 悲伤 |
[41:11] | Great. | 好极了 |
[41:13] | Use that. | 用上这种情绪 |
[41:35] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[41:54] | So what was that about teleportation? | 那隐形传输是怎么回事 |
[41:55] | Yeah, the teleportation and the freeze breath | 隐形传输和冷空气 |
[41:58] | or, like, hot breath. | 或是热空气 |
[41:59] | Hey, have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[42:02] | Bye, Dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[42:04] | Love you. | 爱你 |