时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | *You are my sunshine* | *你是我的阳光* |
[00:07] | *My only sunshine* | *是我唯一光亮* |
[00:10] | *You make me happy* | *如果天空乌云密布* |
[00:13] | *When skies are gray…* | *你便为我拨云散雾* |
[00:33] | I’ll write. | 我会给你写信 |
[00:35] | Every day. | 每天都写 |
[00:36] | *You are my sunshine…* | *你是我的阳光* |
[00:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:39] | All right, Junior. | 好了 小宝贝 |
[00:40] | *My only sunshine…* | *我唯一的光亮* |
[00:42] | I’ll see you soon. | 回头见 |
[00:44] | *You make me happy* | *如果天空乌云密布* |
[00:47] | *When skies are gray* | *你便为我拨云散雾* |
[00:51] | *You’ll never know, dear* | *你从不曾明白* |
[00:54] | *How much I love you* | *我对你深深的爱* |
[00:59] | *Please don’t take my sunshine away* | *请别遮挡我的阳光* |
[01:04] | We’re going to be okay. | 我们不会有事的 |
[01:07] | We’re going to be okay, William. | 一切都会好起来的 威廉 |
[01:14] | I think it’s a terrible idea. | 我觉得你不应该去 |
[01:16] | – Beth. – No, he needs to hear this, Randall. | -贝丝 -不行 我得告诉他 兰德尔 |
[01:18] | That’s why we came here today, isn’t it, Dr. Lee? | 就是为了这个才来的 不是吗 李医生 |
[01:21] | I think it would be helpful if… | 我觉得这样有好处… |
[01:22] | One week ago, you had a breakdown. | 一周前 你精神崩溃了 |
[01:24] | Your blood pressure was through the roof. | 血压直接飙上了天 |
[01:26] | Your vision was going in and out. | 甚至出现间歇性失明 |
[01:28] | And then paralysis. | 还有四肢无力 |
[01:29] | Not to mention the tremors. | 甚至经常颤栗 |
[01:31] | It was scary. | 真的很吓人 |
[01:33] | And you’ve only been out of the hospital for five days. | 你才刚出院五天 |
[01:35] | And now he wants to pick up and take his father, who… | 他现在还想打包行李带他爸去 他爸… |
[01:38] | – Beth… – Mm-mm, not even close to done. | -贝丝 -不行 我要说的还多着呢 |
[01:40] | His father, who is in the throes of stage IV cancer, no less, | 他爸爸 已经是癌症晚期 |
[01:44] | – on a cross-country road trip. – Memphis isn’t cross-country. | -还要穿越大半个国家 -孟菲斯没那么远 |
[01:47] | – Oh, well. – It’s not. | -是吗 -没那么远 |
[01:47] | – Memphis is not next door. – It… | -那请问是家门口吗 -我… |
[01:49] | You done? | 你说完了吗 |
[01:50] | – I am done. – Okay. | -我说完了 -好吧 |
[01:53] | I got a little hot. | 我有点激动了 |
[01:54] | You always get a little hot. | 你每次都让我很”激动” |
[01:55] | – Don’t be cute. – Okay. | -别卖萌 -好吧 |
[01:56] | Well, you two sure are adorable. | 你们真的很恩爱 |
[02:00] | – I know. – We know. | -是吧 -是啊 |
[02:02] | Look, Dr. Lee, um… | 是这样 李医生 |
[02:04] | I’ve been feeling much better, as you know. | 其实我已经感觉好多了 |
[02:08] | I’ve taken some time off work. | 公司那边我也请了几天假 |
[02:09] | I’ve been checking in with you. | 也定期来你这里治疗 |
[02:11] | My stress tests have been good. | 压力测试结果也很不错 |
[02:15] | My father doesn’t have a lot of time left. | 我父亲不剩多少时间了 |
[02:18] | And he’d very much like to show me where he’s from. | 他非常想带我去看看他长大的地方 |
[02:21] | Maybe even introduce me to some extended family… | 或者带我见见其他亲戚 |
[02:23] | which, for me, would be a really big deal, you know? | 这对我来说 真的非常重要 |
[02:27] | Now, my wife is naturally | 我妻子理所当然为我担心 |
[02:30] | and adorably concerned. | 我觉得很可爱 |
[02:34] | Curious your thoughts on the matter. | 我们想听听你的看法 |
[02:40] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[02:45] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[03:20] | We’re getting an early start. | 我们打算早点出发 |
[03:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:24] | You keep up with your chess while I’m gone, you hear? | 等我走了 你得继续好好下棋 知道吗 |
[03:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:29] | Okay, then. | 好的 |
[03:31] | Go back to sleep. | 继续睡吧 |
[03:55] | You take care of him. | 请照顾好他 |
[03:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[03:59] | Take good care of you, too. | 也照顾好自己 |
[04:02] | I’ll send you a postcard. | 我会给你寄明信片的 |
[04:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:05] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:07] | All right, don’t drive too fast, okay? | 行 路上开慢点 好吗 |
[04:10] | Come on. | 都不听完 |
[04:21] | We gonna do this old school, sir. | 我们按老法子来 先生 |
[04:23] | Jersey to Memphis– no navigation, no Waze. | 新泽西到孟菲斯 不用任何导航 |
[04:26] | Got these maps online. | 我从网上买了地图 |
[04:28] | Now, William, you’re gonna be my lead navigator. | 威廉 现在你就是我的领航员 |
[04:30] | All that I ask is that you stay ahead of me. | 你只需要预先给我点提示 |
[04:33] | We got a turn coming up, let’s get ahead of it. | 如果前方拐弯 提前告诉我一声 |
[04:35] | Got to merge onto a busy highway, | 快要上高速公路时 |
[04:36] | – give me a heads-up. – Let me see those. | -也告诉我一声 -地图给我看看 |
[04:37] | Yep. Here you go. | 好 给你 |
[04:42] | Hey, just drive, son. | 只管开就是了 儿子 |
[04:44] | We’ll get there. | 我们会到的 |
[04:46] | Just drive. | 开就是了 |
[05:17] | *You are my sunshine* | *你是我的阳光* |
[05:20] | *My only sunshine* | *是我唯一光亮* |
[05:23] | *You make me happy* | *如果天空乌云密布* |
[05:27] | *When skies are gray* | *你便为我拨云散雾* |
[05:29] | *You’ll never know, dear* | *你从不曾明白* |
[05:32] | *How much I love you* | *我对你深深的爱* |
[05:35] | *Please don’t take my sunshine away* | *请别遮挡我的阳光* |
[05:39] | Now boarding track two to Pittsburgh. | 前往匹兹堡的乘客请在二号车道上车 |
[05:42] | I hate that you’re leaving. | 我讨厌和你分别 |
[05:44] | Well, Grandma’s not doing well. | 外婆身体不太好 |
[05:46] | 黄色的士公司 转乘汽车 | |
[05:46] | So you have to drop everything to go take care of her? | 所以你就得放下一切去照顾她吗 |
[05:48] | Yes, William, I do. | 对 威廉 必须如此 |
[05:50] | That’s what family does. | 家人之间就该这样 |
[05:53] | Pittsburgh isn’t that far. | 匹兹堡又不是很远 |
[05:55] | It’s pretty far. | 真的很远 |
[05:56] | Oh, it’s pretty damn far, isn’t it? | 确实挺远的 是吧 |
[06:01] | You be safe. You be good. | 你保重身体 好好的 |
[06:04] | If you want me to come, I will. | 如果你希望我去 我就和你一起 |
[06:06] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[06:08] | I’ve kept you to myself long enough. | 我把你拴在身边够久了 |
[06:11] | Time to spread your wings. | 是时候让你伸展羽翼了 |
[06:12] | Focus on your art, your music. | 你要潜心钻研艺术和音乐 |
[06:15] | You have a gift, baby. | 你有天赋 宝贝 |
[06:18] | You have so many beautiful futures in front of you. | 你有大好的前途在等着你 |
[06:23] | Make sure you pick a good one for me, okay? | 一定不要埋没了你的才能 好吗 |
[06:26] | I will. | 我会的 |
[06:28] | And make sure that charmer cousin of yours follows your lead, | 一定让你那讨喜的表哥听你的话 |
[06:30] | not the other way around. | 而不是什么都听他的 |
[06:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:37] | You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. | 生下你是我这一生遇到的最美好的事 |
[06:39] | – Oh, Mom. – So I just– Okay. | -妈 -所以我… 好吧 |
[06:40] | I’m not gonna cry. I’m not, I’m not crying. | 我不会哭的 不会的 我没哭 |
[06:44] | Okay. Bye, now, baby. | 好了 再见 宝贝 |
[06:45] | – Bye, Mama. – Bye. | -再见 妈 -再见 |
[07:01] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[07:03] | I hope the ducks are still at the Peabody. | 希望皮伯迪的鸭子都还在 |
[07:07] | My uncle used to work there as a bellman | 当种族隔离时 我叔叔曾在那里 |
[07:09] | when it was segregated. | 当行李员 |
[07:10] | And he would sneak me in. | 他总偷偷放我进去 |
[07:14] | Man, I sure would like you to see those ducks. | 真想让你看看那些鸭子 |
[07:19] | You want a banana? Something to put in your stomach? | 来根香蕉吗 吃点东西垫垫肚子 |
[07:21] | No, no, I’ll be fine. | 不不 不用了 |
[07:22] | My God, woman packed a half a produce department in here. | 天啊 贝丝把半个蔬果区都塞进来了 |
[07:26] | With instructions. | 还留了字条 |
[07:29] | She worries about you. | 她很担心你 |
[07:32] | Yeah, that she does. | 是啊 确实是 |
[07:34] | That she does. | 确实是 |
[07:36] | You know, I didn’t believe her at first | 知道吗 当她告诉我 |
[07:38] | when she told me about you having a breakdown. | 那天你精神崩溃了 起初我并不相信 |
[07:42] | Is it okay to call it a breakdown? | 称之为”精神崩溃”合适吗 |
[07:45] | Lots of names for it. | 可以有很多种叫法 |
[07:47] | Anxiety attack, mental distress, | 焦虑症发作 精神抑郁 |
[07:50] | nervous exhaustion, stress-induced trauma. | 神经衰弱 压力诱导性创伤 |
[07:54] | You choose. | 随便选 |
[07:57] | It was quite a shock to see you so vulnerable. | 不敢相信你也有如此无助的一面 |
[08:00] | The night Kevin brought you home… | 那晚凯文送你回来的场景 |
[08:03] | I mean, it… it’s hard to fathom. | 实在让人难以想象 |
[08:07] | You seem to have it all together. | 你一向将事情处理得井井有条 |
[08:10] | Too together. | 太井井有条了 |
[08:11] | Always been like that. | 表面上一直如此 |
[08:13] | Just putting the pressure on myself, | 我总是自己扛着所有压力 |
[08:15] | ever since I was a little boy. | 我从小就是那样 |
[08:18] | My father, | 我父亲 |
[08:20] | he kept it in check. | 他总能控制事态 |
[08:23] | Whenever I’d get too in my head, | 每当我快承受不住时 |
[08:25] | he’d take his hands and put them on both sides of my head, | 他就会用双手扶住我的头 |
[08:29] | and he’d just say… | 然后说… |
[08:30] | There you go, breathe with me. | 就是这样 跟我深呼吸 |
[08:35] | And we’d just sit there, just breathing together… | 我们就坐在那里 一起深呼吸 |
[08:41] | until it passed. | 直到情绪稳定下来 |
[08:49] | What was he like? Your father. | 你父亲 他是个怎样的人 |
[08:53] | Larger than life, I guess. | 非同一般吧 |
[08:57] | He had this really great laugh. | 他的笑声非常爽朗 |
[09:00] | It’s like, when he laughed, it was like, uh, | 他笑起来的时候 就好像 |
[09:03] | like it almost surprised him, you know? | 就好像遇到了什么很惊叹的事 |
[09:06] | Like it surprised him that he could laugh so freely. | 惊叹到能让他如此放声大笑 |
[09:12] | Where is he buried? | 他埋在哪里 |
[09:13] | Uh, he’s cremated. | 他是火葬的 |
[09:15] | Kate has his ashes. | 骨灰在凯特那 |
[09:18] | But we spread some of them near a tree | 不过我们在他最喜欢的公园一棵树边 |
[09:19] | at his favorite park, | 撒了些骨灰 |
[09:20] | so that’s kind of his official resting place. | 所以那里才算是他的安息之所 |
[09:27] | Think we could go? | 可以去一趟吗 |
[09:29] | I’d like to pay my respects. | 我想去祭奠一下他 |
[09:33] | I’d like that, actually. | 其实我也很想去 |
[09:35] | But not this trip. | 但这次去不了 |
[09:36] | It’s a half day out of the way. | 从这里过去有半天的路程 |
[09:37] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[09:41] | Put your window down, turn up the music. | 把车窗摇下来 打开音乐 |
[09:44] | Take me to meet your father. | 带我去见见你父亲 |
[09:57] | Give me a minute. | 等我一下 |
[10:00] | Uh, yeah. | 好 |
[10:01] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[10:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:16] | For doing what I couldn’t. | 你做了我做不到的事 |
[10:19] | For raising him to be the man he is. | 把他抚养成这样一个男人 |
[10:24] | I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you, brother. | 很抱歉我们没见面的机会 兄弟 |
[10:27] | I would have liked to have heard that laugh. | 真希望我也能听到你的笑声 |
[10:32] | I would have liked to have met my son’s father. | 真希望我能见到我儿子的父亲 |
[10:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:46] | Cool. | 就这样 |
[10:56] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[10:59] | Pay your respects, and then we should get on the road. | 去祭奠一下 然后我们继续上路 |
[11:28] | “Dear William, I received your beautiful poem, | “亲爱的威廉 你优美的诗我收到了 |
[11:31] | and it gave me comfort. | 你的诗让我很宽慰 |
[11:33] | Please stop being so hard on yourself | 别再责怪你自己 |
[11:35] | for not making the funeral. | 没能来参加葬礼了 |
[11:36] | Grandma wouldn’t have wanted you to come so far. | 外婆不会希望你长途跋涉过来的 |
[11:39] | I’m going to stay here for a bit | 我要在这里待一阵 |
[11:41] | and take care of her affairs.” | 替她料理后事” |
[11:43] | “Dear William, guess what. | “亲爱的威廉 你知道吗 |
[11:44] | I got a job down at the library. | 我在图书馆找到份工作 |
[11:47] | Pays well and I get to be around books all day. | 薪资不错 还能整天围绕着书 |
[11:50] | I know I wasn’t planning on staying, | 我原先没打算留下 |
[11:52] | but the money sure is gonna help…” | 但看在钱的份上…” |
[11:54] | “Dear William, it was so nice talking to you last week. | “亲爱的威廉 上周和你聊得真愉快 |
[11:58] | I’m so glad to hear the band is doing so well | 真高兴听到你们乐队表现出色 |
[12:00] | and that your cousin is staying focused.” | 你表哥也能保持专注” |
[12:04] | “No shame in playing great covers, William. | “翻唱传世佳作没什么可丢脸的 威廉 |
[12:06] | Remember that. I miss you, baby. | 记住这点 想念你 孩子 |
[12:10] | I’m going to make it back soon to see you play.” | 我会尽快回来看你演出的” |
[12:19] | So I tell her. I say, I say, “Sweetheart, look, | 所以我对她说 “宝贝 |
[12:21] | You’re a once-in-a-lifetime beauty, no question, | 你是个百年一遇的美人 毫无疑问 |
[12:23] | But you’re talking about spending the rest of your life with me, | 但是你说的是想和我过一辈子 |
[12:25] | and as much as I love a quality fillet, | 虽然我喜欢吃无骨精肉 |
[12:27] | I just ain’t ready to give up that whole rack of ribs!” | 但我也不打算放弃一整架肋骨” |
[12:29] | You know what I’m saying? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[12:30] | Yeah, I like ’em wet, not dry, right? | 我喜欢她们玩玩而已 而不是来真的 |
[12:35] | Hey, William? | 威廉 |
[12:38] | Oh, see? | 看见没 |
[12:39] | My cousin the nun. | 我表弟像个修女 |
[12:42] | Hey, man, y’all let him be now. | 随他去吧 |
[12:43] | If we was all as good as my cuz, | 如果我们都和我表弟一样 |
[12:45] | Memphis would be a hell of a lot safer. | 孟菲斯绝对要安全得多 |
[12:47] | A lot less fun, but a hell of a lot safer, right? | 虽然少很多乐趣 但安全很多 不是吗 |
[12:51] | Here you go, baby. | 给 兄弟 |
[12:56] | Hey, look, I’m sorry about teasing you back there, cuz. | 我很抱歉刚刚开你的玩笑 表弟 |
[12:58] | You know, um, I get a little loosey-goosey when I… | 每次我一喝酒就会变得口不择言 |
[13:02] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[13:06] | I’ve been writing, and I think it might be good. | 我一直在写歌 我想这首应该不错 |
[13:09] | Come on. | 来 |
[13:10] | Let’s see here. | 让我看看 |
[13:24] | It’s about damn time, boy! | 早该这样了 小伙子 |
[13:26] | Been waiting on your talented skinny ass | 早就等着你这个有才华的瘦猴 |
[13:28] | to take us to the big time. | 带着我们一举成名呢 |
[13:29] | Hey, boys! | 小伙子们 |
[13:30] | Hey, kid’s got something. Come on. | 这家伙写了点东西 过来 |
[13:32] | – Right now? – Yeah, right now. | -现在吗 -是的 就现在 |
[13:33] | Drinks down. Come on, let’s go. | 把酒放下 来 我们走 |
[13:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:37] | Waiting two years for you to hand me something. | 等了两年 你终于拿出点东西了 |
[13:40] | I’m not sleeping on this. | 我可不会轻易放过这次机会 |
[13:41] | All right, give me a G. | 好 给我个G调 |
[13:49] | *Standing at the station* | *站在离别的车站* |
[13:52] | *We don’t know what to say* | *我们都不知该讲些什么* |
[13:59] | *Looking out the window* | *看着窗外* |
[14:02] | *As you’re rolling away* | *看着你缓缓离开* |
[14:07] | *If I’m gonna be alone* | *如果我注定孤身一人* |
[14:17] | *Let it be with you* | *那就让我的心与你同在* |
[14:21] | You officially ended our days as a cover band, boy! | 你正式结束了我们翻唱乐队的生涯 兄弟 |
[14:23] | On the five! | 绝对没错 |
[14:31] | *Mother, don’t you cry* | *妈妈 你不要哭泣* |
[14:33] | *We’re gonna be all right* | *我们都会好起来* |
[14:41] | *Open up your suitcase* | *打开你的衣箱* |
[14:44] | *When you get there tonight* | *当你今晚到达的时候* |
[14:49] | *You’re not alone* | *你并不孤单* |
[14:55] | *I’m always* | *我永远* |
[14:58] | *Always here with you* | *永远在你身边* |
[15:11] | *So don’t give up on me* | *所以不要对我放弃希望* |
[15:16] | *I’ll never give up on you* | *我也永远不会放弃你* |
[15:21] | *Everything’s gonna be all right* | *一切都会好起来* |
[15:26] | *I know you believe it, too* | *我知道你也深信不疑* |
[15:31] | *If I’m gonna be alone* | *如果我注定孤身一人* |
[15:40] | *Then let it be with you* | *那就让我的心与你同在* |
[15:46] | *Look up* | *抬头看* |
[15:49] | *Not down* | *不要低下头* |
[15:54] | *It all comes around* | *我无处不在* |
[16:00] | *Even when you’re gone* | *即使当你离开* |
[16:04] | *We can always come back to this* | *我们总能回到最初的样子* |
[16:09] | *We can always come back to this* | *我们总能回到最初的样子* |
[16:14] | *We can always* | *我们总是* |
[16:15] | *Always, always, always* | *总是 总是 总是* |
[16:19] | *Always come back to this* | *总是能回到最初的样子* |
[16:35] | Hey, how you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[16:37] | Hey, you gonna go out with us tonight? | 你今晚要跟我们出去吗 |
[16:46] | Nah, I’m-I’m gonna call it a night. | 不了 我今天就收工了 |
[16:47] | Ugh! Man, you know all this ’cause of you, cuz, right? | 因为有你 我们才能有今天 表弟 |
[16:50] | You should try to enjoy it more. William! | 你应该试着享受一下 威廉 |
[16:53] | I know. | 知道了 |
[16:54] | Uh, ladies ready? | 女士们准备好了吗 |
[16:56] | Oh, come on. I got somewhere we can go. | 来吧 我有个好玩的地方 |
[16:58] | – William? – Nice. This is nice. | -威廉 -很好 很好的 |
[17:00] | Your ma’s on the phone. | 你妈来电话了 |
[17:04] | Hi, Mama. | 妈妈 |
[17:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:25] | Why are you making the bed? | 你整理床铺干什么 |
[17:28] | I like making the bed. | 我喜欢整理床铺 |
[17:30] | But it’s a hotel. | 可这是旅馆 |
[17:31] | It’s a motel, | 是汽车旅馆 |
[17:33] | and this is a bed, and I like making it. | 而这是一张床 我喜欢整理床铺 |
[17:38] | Someone else would make it, is all I’m saying. | 我想说的是 会有别人来整理的 |
[17:40] | Well, I guess that’s one less thing for someone else to do. | 看来那个人可以少做一件事了 |
[17:43] | All right? | 你说呢 |
[17:54] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[17:57] | Easy does it. | 慢点 |
[18:15] | You ready to go back to Memphis? | 准备好回孟菲斯了吗 |
[18:40] | Well, we’re here. | 我们到了 |
[18:41] | Yes, we are. | 是的 没错 |
[18:45] | Soulsville right there is where I grew up. | 那边的苏斯维尔就是我长大的地方 |
[18:48] | Used to have a girlfriend lived up there. | 我有个前女友曾住在那里 |
[18:50] | See? Fresh meats that you could actually go | 看 你可以去那家肉店 |
[18:53] | – and pick out the chicken. – Man. | -挑选鸡肉 -得了吧 |
[18:54] | – He would kill the chicken… – What? | -他会把鸡宰掉 -什么 |
[18:56] | defeather it, clean it, | 拔毛 清洗干净 |
[18:57] | – and then wrap it up for you. – I think I’d be traumatized. | -然后给你包装好 -我肯定忍受不了 |
[19:00] | That’s how we used to buy chickens back in the day. | 那时候我们就是这样买鸡肉的 |
[19:03] | – William, you know where you want to go first? – I do. | -威廉 你有最想去的地方吗 -有 |
[19:05] | Should I plug it into the GPS, or… | 我用不用开个导航 或者… |
[19:07] | No need to plug anything in. | 什么都不用 |
[19:08] | – Just make a left right up here. – All right. | -前面左转就行 -好 |
[19:27] | This is where I used to live with my mother. | 这是我和我妈曾经住过的地方 |
[19:29] | Just the two of you? | 只有你们俩吗 |
[19:31] | Always just the two of us, yeah. | 我们俩一直相依为命 |
[19:37] | Looks different. | 不太一样了 |
[19:39] | Well, 40-plus years will do that. | 毕竟过去了四十多年了 |
[19:44] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[19:48] | I can’t stop looking at that door. | 我就是忍不住要盯着那扇门看 |
[19:51] | Used to be two of ’em. | 以前有两扇门 |
[19:52] | Now one is bricked up. | 现在有一扇用砖堵死了 |
[19:55] | Isn’t that a strange thing to focus on? | 一直盯着看是不是很奇怪 |
[19:57] | All these years, and it’s a door that’s hanging me up. | 过了这么多年 让我思绪万千的却是一扇门 |
[20:05] | I used to have a bit of a ‘fro. | 我以前是爆炸头 |
[20:08] | Nah. | 不可能 |
[20:08] | Yeah, into my 30s, actually. | 没骗你 一直留到我三十多岁 |
[20:11] | But then I made partner, life started to get more serious. | 但后来我成了合伙人 生活开始步入正轨 |
[20:15] | Needed to update the look. | 所以我得改头换面 |
[20:19] | Oh, Tess was about three at the time. | 那时苔丝差不多才三岁 |
[20:21] | And when I came home from the barbershop that Saturday, | 那天周六 我理完头回家的时候 |
[20:24] | clean-shaven, clean-cut, | 刮干净了胡子 发型清爽 |
[20:26] | she took one look at me and started bawling. | 她看了我一眼然后放声大哭 |
[20:29] | No. | 不是吧 |
[20:29] | Damn near hyperventilated, the poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 哭得差点喘不过气 |
[20:33] | And it wasn’t that she didn’t recognize me. | 她并不是没认出我 |
[20:35] | It just took her a minute | 她只是花了一点时间 |
[20:36] | to see past the bricked-up front door, was all. | 才看透用砖堵上的前门 |
[20:44] | – I think I want to go inside. – Oh. Okay. | -我觉得我要进去一趟 -好吧 |
[20:47] | Well, there’s probably people who live there now, so… | 里面可能有人住 所以… |
[20:48] | I want to see if my treasure is still there. | 我想看看我的宝贝还在不在 |
[20:50] | Your what? | 你的什么 |
[20:54] | – Afternoon. – Afternoon. | -下午好 -下午好 |
[20:56] | Um, you don’t know us, | 你不认识我们 |
[20:59] | but my father grew up in this house, | 但我爸爸是在这幢房子里长大的 |
[21:02] | and we were wondering if he could take a look around. | 能不能让他进去到处看看呢 |
[21:07] | This really means a lot to him. | 这对他来说真的意义重大 |
[21:08] | We appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[21:09] | No worries, we’re happy to. | 不用客气 我们很乐意 |
[21:14] | What the hell is he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[21:15] | I don’t know. I’m not– Hey, William, | 我不知道 我不知道 威廉 |
[21:16] | maybe you shouldn’t distort… | 也许你不该拆掉… |
[21:19] | My treasure. | 我的宝贝 |
[21:20] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[21:21] | Well, what is it? | 是什么 |
[21:23] | A few toys and three quarters. | 一些玩具和75分硬币 |
[21:29] | Yeah, no, I see that. I mean… | 我看到了 我是说… |
[21:30] | I put them here once, | 我把它们放在这里 |
[21:32] | and after all these years later, they’re still here. | 这么多年过去了 它们依然还在 |
[21:39] | Isn’t that something? | 是不是很神奇 |
[21:41] | Isn’t it strange how the world sticks and moves like that? | 世事变迁 可有些事物却永远不变 |
[21:51] | Okay, so… | 这样吧 |
[21:54] | …here’s your brick. | 墙砖还给你 |
[21:55] | I didn’t know that was gonna happen, | 我没想到他会这样 |
[21:56] | but thank you, folks. | 但谢谢你们 |
[21:58] | God bless you. Appreciate it. | 上帝保佑你们 非常感谢 |
[22:09] | Now we talking eats, son. | 这才叫吃饭 儿子 |
[22:10] | I know what I’m getting. | 我知道我要吃什么了 |
[22:11] | I try not to eat too much pork, you understand. | 你知道的 我尽量少吃猪肉 |
[22:13] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑 |
[22:14] | Bon appétit. | 开动吧 |
[22:16] | Still the same. | 熟悉的味道 |
[22:19] | Let’em know. He loves it. | 告诉他们 他很喜欢 |
[22:21] | They’re making more meat. | 肉比以前多了 |
[22:22] | I remember the first time my dad took me to the barbershop. | 还记得我爸第一次带我来理发店 |
[22:25] | I remember, too, man. | 我也记得 伙计 |
[22:26] | – My barber was named Cliff. – Cliff. | -我理发师名字叫克里夫 -克里夫 |
[22:28] | I’ll never forget him, | 让我终生难忘 |
[22:29] | ’cause he used to always threaten to cut my ears off. | 因为他总吓唬说要把我耳朵切掉 |
[22:32] | Instead of a Gumby, | 没剪成冈比的发型 |
[22:32] | I had a ramp low-to-high, back like this. | 却剪了个公鸡头 后面是这样的 |
[22:35] | It certainly ain’t the Jheri curl. | 肯定不是杰里卷 |
[22:37] | I got the good stuff, man. | 我那时发型帅炸了 伙计 |
[22:38] | – Look good, man. – Yes, sir. | -看起来不错 -是的 先生 |
[22:48] | This is… this is the one. | 就是… 就是这个 |
[22:52] | This is the original water fountain | 这是最早的饮水器 |
[22:55] | that they kept here for its history lesson. | 把它留着当历史遗迹了 |
[22:57] | That was white and this was black. | 那是白人用的 这是黑人用的 |
[22:59] | You know what? I’ve been living | 你知道吗 我已经和白人 |
[23:00] | with white people for a long time. | 一起生活好长时间了 |
[23:01] | Oh, my God, you’re in trouble now, son. | 天哪 你有麻烦了 儿子 |
[23:06] | – Think you should have a taste. – Think I should. | -觉得你该尝尝 -我也觉得 |
[23:08] | – For old times. – Why not? | -追寻过去 -来试试看 |
[23:09] | You know, you’re here. Right. Let’s do it. | 来都来了 试试看吧 |
[23:10] | Yeah. I’m doing it. | 好 我来尝尝 |
[23:35] | Willy. | 小威 |
[23:36] | Yeah, I know the timing isn’t great, | 我知道现在我们名声大噪 |
[23:38] | with us taking off and all. | 我这么做不太好 |
[23:39] | Hey, your mama needs you, all right? | 你妈需要你 对吗 |
[23:41] | Never apologize for taking care of family. | 照顾家人永远不需要道歉 |
[23:45] | I won’t-won’t be gone long. | 我不会离开太久 |
[23:48] | Mama’s a tank. | 我妈壮如坦克 |
[23:49] | Yeah, she the bullets, too. | 没错 也像子弹一般火辣 |
[23:52] | I’m gonna come back with 60 new songs. | 我会带六十首新歌回来 |
[23:55] | 60? All right, I’m gonna hold you to that, cuz. | 六十首 我等你好消息 表弟 |
[24:02] | – Here. – No, come on… | -拿着 -不 别这样 |
[24:03] | Aw, come on, man, take it, take it, take it. | 别这样 兄弟 拿着吧 拿着 |
[24:07] | – I will give it back to you, really. – Oh, man, you pay me back | -我会还你 真的 -兄弟 你要想还 |
[24:09] | with a notebook full of platinum records. | 就用白金唱片曲谱来还我吧 |
[24:10] | That’s how you pay me back. | 这才叫报答 |
[24:11] | All right? | 懂吗 |
[24:15] | Boy, you… you really got a gift. | 兄弟 你真的很有才 |
[24:18] | – You know that, cuz? – I don’t, I don’t know about that. | -你知道吗 表弟 -不 我不知道 |
[24:20] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, no more of that, all right? | 什么 别再这样了 好吗 |
[24:22] | No more looking away. | 不要逃避 |
[24:25] | Man, you see something you want, you don’t look away, | 兄弟 看到想要的东西 就别犹豫 |
[24:27] | you go get it. | 去追逐 |
[24:30] | You hear me, cuz? | 听到了吗 表弟 |
[24:31] | Yeah. | 好 |
[24:33] | Yeah. | 听到了 |
[24:34] | All right. | 行 |
[24:36] | All right, come here, you. | 那就好 来吧 兄弟 |
[24:39] | Let’s do it. | 拥抱一下 |
[24:43] | I love you, cuz. | 我爱你 兄弟 |
[24:45] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[24:53] | Hey, Ricky. | 瑞奇 |
[24:57] | It’s me, William. | 是我 威廉 |
[24:58] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[25:00] | Get the hell out my club. | 滚出我的俱乐部 |
[25:17] | I’m dying, Ricky. | 我快死了 瑞奇 |
[25:21] | You was dead to me a long time ago, Willy. | 你对我来说早就死了 小威 |
[25:24] | I had to go take care of her. | 我当时别无选择 |
[25:25] | Oh, come on, you think I don’t know that, cuz? | 得了吧 难道我不知道吗 表弟 |
[25:27] | I know that. | 我都知道 |
[25:28] | I’m sorry. Cuz? Like cousin? | 打扰一下 表弟 是表兄弟吗 |
[25:30] | This is your cousin? | 这位是你的堂哥吗 |
[25:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:33] | My son, Randall. | 我儿子 兰德尔 |
[25:38] | Yeah, he look like you. | 他长得很像你 |
[25:40] | I do? ‘Cause, you know, I’ve had a few people say that to me, | 是吗 其实 其他人这么说过 |
[25:43] | but I don’t really see the re… I’ll let you get to it. | 但我并没看出… 你们继续 |
[25:48] | I wanted to come back. | 我很想回来的 |
[25:50] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[25:50] | ‘Cause I waited. | 我可等了很久 |
[25:53] | For years, I waited to hear from you. | 这么多年来 我一直在等你的消息 |
[25:55] | We was gonna do something, man. | 我们本来能做一番大事业的 伙计 |
[25:57] | I’m sorry, I know you guys | 很抱歉 我知道 |
[25:59] | are catching up with each other– | 你们哥俩正在叙旧 |
[26:00] | but that makes you my what, like, second cousin? | 但我们之间是什么辈分呢 表叔吗 |
[26:02] | Or is it cousin once remo… Okay. | 还是远房叔 好吧 |
[26:07] | The hell happened to you, cuz? | 到底发生了什么事 表弟 |
[26:19] | Hi, Mama. | 妈妈 |
[26:22] | I told you not to come. | 我说过你不用回来的 |
[26:24] | Of course I came. | 我当然得回来 |
[26:56] | I’m sicker than I let on, baby. | 我对你隐瞒了一部分病情 |
[26:59] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[27:00] | You’ll… be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[27:07] | It won’t be long, at least. | 至少这病不会拖太久 |
[27:08] | I don’t want you getting stuck here. | 我不希望你被困在这里 |
[27:10] | Your life is in Memphis. | 你应该回孟菲斯去 |
[27:11] | – I won’t keep you from it. – Mama, I… | -我不会把你困在这里 -妈 我… |
[27:12] | Now, I want to hear about all these clubs | 听我说 我很想听听 |
[27:15] | you’re selling out. | 你在俱乐部表演的故事 |
[27:17] | But you caught me in a nap, | 但你刚刚打扰我睡午觉了 |
[27:18] | so why don’t you go out and explore the city a little. | 所以要不你先出去 在市里转转吧 |
[27:22] | There’s a bus stop right out front, | 这前面就有一个公交站 |
[27:24] | and I know how you like the bus. | 我知道你有多喜欢公交车 |
[27:28] | And bring back some chicken. | 回来的时候买点鸡肉 |
[27:29] | I’ll cook you up something special for dinner, okay? | 我晚上给你做一顿大餐 好吗 |
[27:32] | – Okay. – Okay? | -好的 -好吗 |
[27:33] | – Yeah. – All right. | -好的 -很好 |
[27:34] | Gonna be okay, Mama? | 你没事吧 妈妈 |
[27:35] | Yeah– Go on here, get out of here. | 快走吧 出去转转 |
[27:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:18] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[28:20] | Is this seat taken? | 这里有人吗 |
[28:26] | William. | 我叫威廉 |
[28:27] | Laurel. | 我叫罗瑞尔 |
[29:08] | – Oh, no, William, I can’t, I can’t. – Come on, Mom. | -不 威廉 吃不下 -吃吧 妈妈 |
[29:10] | With the spoonfuls, I can’t. | 吃了太多药 没胃口 |
[29:12] | Please. | 求你了 |
[29:15] | I used to love waking you up in the morning | 你小时候 我特别喜欢在早上 |
[29:19] | when you were a child. | 叫你起床 |
[29:21] | You looking up at me | 你总用这双又大又亮的眼睛 |
[29:24] | with those big, beautiful eyes. | 仰头看着我 |
[29:28] | And now… | 但现在… |
[29:31] | …I’m down here, and you’re up there. | 我躺在这里 而你坐在那里 |
[29:41] | Do the poem. | 读一首诗吧 |
[29:43] | – The one I like, you know? – Okay. | -读我喜欢的那首 -好的 |
[29:46] | Splendid against the night… | 在夜空中绚烂着 |
[29:49] | The searchlights, | 是那探照灯的光 |
[29:51] | the tracers’ arcs… Uh-huh. | 那曳光弹画出的弧度 |
[29:53] | And the red flare of the bombs. | 还有那炸弹发出的红色火光 |
[29:58] | Filling the eye and the brain. | 充斥在视野和脑海中 |
[29:59] | Oh, good. | 真好 |
[30:03] | There’s your poem, Mama. | 这就是你喜欢的诗 妈妈 |
[30:04] | I love my poem. | 我好爱我的诗 |
[30:31] | I was ashamed of what I had become. | 我为当年的自己感到羞愧 |
[30:35] | All right, I’m well aware I ruined everything. | 好了 我深知自己搞砸了一切 |
[30:39] | But now I’m dying, and I just needed to say I’m sorry. | 但现在我快死了 我只想说我很抱歉 |
[30:47] | You were good to me, cuz. | 你那时对我很好 表哥 |
[30:49] | I owed you that. | 这是我欠你的 |
[30:55] | And I owed you this. | 我还欠你这个 |
[30:58] | Now let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[31:03] | Hey, William. | 威廉 |
[31:05] | You, uh… | 你… |
[31:08] | You too sick to play? | 你还没病到不能表演吧 |
[31:12] | I’m never too sick to play. | 我永远不会因病离开舞台 |
[31:21] | Wait. | 等等 |
[31:22] | I know you, I know you. | 我认识你 我认识你 |
[31:24] | So that makes you… | 所以你是… |
[31:26] | William’s second cousin, and your third cousin. | 威廉的表姑 也就是你的表亲 |
[31:29] | Oh, so you get a cousin! | 你有一个表兄弟 |
[31:32] | You get a cousin! | 你有一个表兄弟 |
[31:33] | Everybody gets a cousin! | 大家都有一个表兄弟 |
[31:37] | Sorry, I was raised by white people. | 抱歉 我是在白人家庭里长大的 |
[31:39] | I don’t know no better. | 我不太了解 |
[31:41] | Mm. That’s my wife. | 是我老婆 |
[31:43] | Excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[31:44] | Baby, you won’t believe it. | 宝贝 说了你一定不信 |
[31:46] | I’m up to 12 cousins of various forms. | 我认识了各种分支里的12个表亲 |
[31:50] | The pictures are incredible. | 你发来的照片太精彩了 |
[31:52] | Is he actually playing on stage? | 他真的在舞台上表演呢 |
[31:54] | He is. Here. | 是他 你听 |
[32:01] | I wish you were here. | 我真希望你也在这儿 |
[32:04] | – No, you don’t. – No, I do. | -你才不想呢 -不 我想的 |
[32:05] | Everything’s better with a little Beth on it. | 有我家贝丝在 什么事儿都会更有意思 |
[32:08] | You’re the chocolate sauce on my ice cream, girl. | 你就是我冰淇淋上的巧克力酱 姑娘 |
[32:11] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吧 |
[32:12] | *Yeah, I may be a little drunk* | *是啊 我可能有点醉* |
[32:15] | *But that doesn’t mean it’s not true* | *但我说的一切都是如此真实* |
[32:19] | You sound good. | 看来你心情不错 |
[32:21] | I feel good. | 我感觉特别好 |
[32:23] | Beth, I got a whole other family down here. | 贝丝 我见了一大家子新亲戚 |
[32:25] | You got to see it. | 你一定得见见 |
[32:26] | Well, take lots of video. | 好 多拍点视频 |
[32:27] | I will. | 我会的 |
[32:28] | I love you, Beth. | 我爱你 贝丝 |
[32:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[32:31] | Cousins! | 表兄弟们 |
[32:47] | *You are my sunshine* | *你是我的阳光* |
[32:51] | *My only sunshine* | *是我唯一光亮* |
[32:53] | *You make me happy* | *如果天空乌云密布* |
[32:56] | *When skies are gray…* | *你便为我拨云散雾* |
[32:59] | *You’ll never know, dear* | *你从不曾明白* |
[33:01] | *How much I love you* | *我对你深深的爱* |
[33:05] | *So please don’t take* | *所以请别遮挡* |
[33:07] | *My sunshine away* | *别遮挡我的阳光* |
[33:10] | All right, old man. | 好了 老爸 |
[33:13] | I let you sleep ’cause we had a late night, | 昨晚我们晚睡 让你再睡会儿 |
[33:15] | but those ducks ain’t gonna wait all day. | 可那些鸭子可不会一整天都等我们 |
[33:19] | Well, actually they probably will, but I won’t. | 好吧 也许它们会等 但我不会 |
[33:22] | So here’s what I was thinking. | 所以我是这样想的 |
[33:24] | We can… | 我们可以… |
[33:28] | Hey, William. | 威廉 |
[33:33] | Hey. It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[33:38] | It’s okay. I’m gonna get you to the hospital, okay? | 没事的 我会送你去医院 好吗 |
[33:40] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[34:11] | But when organs begin to fail, | 器官衰竭的进程 |
[34:13] | it starts a process where there’s just too many leaks | 就像是水坝上开始出现了 |
[34:15] | in the dam, so to speak, too many to stay on top of. | 许多裂缝 多到无法控制 |
[34:17] | I don’t understand. Last night, he was smiling. | 我不明白 昨晚他还在笑 |
[34:20] | He was playing the piano. | 他还弹了钢琴 |
[34:21] | – I know. I’m sorry. – He was fine. | -我知道 我很遗憾 -当时挺好的啊 |
[34:23] | There’s really no timeline that makes sense | 在现阶段真的没有什么时间线 |
[34:24] | of any of this at this stage. | 可以解释这些症状 |
[34:26] | Honestly, it’s a bit of a miracle | 老实说 这趟旅行 |
[34:27] | he was able to make the trip. | 已经是了不起的奇迹了 |
[34:28] | But we haven’t made the trip. | 但我们还没旅行完呢 |
[34:29] | We haven’t even seen the ducks, man. | 我们甚至还没看到鸭子 |
[34:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:37] | Okay. Uh… I can do this. | 好吧 我能承受 |
[34:40] | I said I would, and I will. | 我说过我能行 我一定行 |
[34:42] | I said I would, and I will, so… | 我说过我能行 我一定行… |
[34:45] | Uh, I need to get him home, where he’ll be comfortable. | 我要带他回家 他在家里更舒服些 |
[34:48] | So be direct with me– can he fly? | 你直说吧 他能坐飞机吗 |
[34:50] | Because I have the means to get a transport service… | 因为在通行方面 我有办法… |
[34:52] | Mr. Pearson, I’m very sorry, | 皮尔森先生 我很遗憾 |
[34:53] | but he’s looking at hours here, a day or so at best. | 但他只能活几个小时了 最多一天左右吧 |
[34:57] | No, no. He’s-he’s got months, maybe more even. | 不不 他还能活好几个月呢 也许更久 |
[34:59] | There’s an experimental drug that we’re waiting for FDA approval… | 我们在等药管局批准使用种试验性药物… |
[35:01] | His organs are shutting down rapidly. | 他的器官正在迅速衰竭 |
[35:03] | His heart is extremely compromised right now. | 他的心脏目前受损严重 |
[35:03] | – Have you spoken to his doctor in New York? – I have. | -你联系他纽约主治医生了吗 -联系了 |
[35:06] | – Because I’m sure you’re very good at… – Mr. Pearson. | -因为我确定你很擅长…-皮尔森先生 |
[35:08] | I’m very sorry, but you asked me to be direct, so I will be. | 我很遗憾 但是你让我直说 我就直说了 |
[35:13] | Your father is not leaving this hospital. | 你父亲不能离开这家医院 |
[35:16] | Now, I need to confirm, are you his medical decision maker? | 我需要确认 你是他的医疗决定者吗 |
[35:21] | And in terms of heroic care, | 说到临终关怀 |
[35:23] | standard procedure is comfort and care, | 标准程序是舒适护理 |
[35:25] | pain medication at maximum levels. | 最大限度使用止痛药物 |
[35:28] | No intubation, no resuscitation. | 不插管 不做心肺复苏 |
[35:59] | No, no, no, no. You sleep. | 没事 你睡吧 |
[36:05] | I spoke with the doctor. | 我跟医生谈过了 |
[36:10] | You knew you weren’t coming home. | 你早知道自己回不了家了 |
[36:18] | What are you doing? Leave the… | 你要干什么 别摘… |
[36:24] | I got something for you. | 我有东西给你 |
[36:28] | In the front of my bag, go ahead. | 就在我包里 拿出来吧 |
[36:40] | Waiting for the right moment. | 想找个合适的时机给你 |
[36:42] | 《写给儿子的诗》 威廉·希尔著 | |
[36:49] | I’m gonna call Beth. | 我给贝丝打电话 |
[36:51] | I’ll have the girls here hugging you within hours. | 几个小时后 孙女们就能来抱抱你 |
[36:53] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 别别 不用了 |
[36:56] | I said good-bye when they were laying down. | 她们昨晚睡前 我就跟她们道过别了 |
[37:02] | I want them to remember looking up at me, not down. | 我不希望她们记住我躺在病床上的样子 |
[37:07] | Up. | 而是健康的样子 |
[37:14] | Man, that was a hell of a thing you did, | 你那天跑来敲开了我家门 |
[37:16] | knocking on my door that day. | 真是太猛了 |
[37:19] | Come on, man. | 别说了 |
[37:24] | Roll all your windows down, Randall. | 摇下所有车窗 兰德尔 |
[37:29] | Crank up the music. | 开启音乐 |
[37:32] | Grow out that ‘fro. | 留起爆炸头 |
[37:36] | Let someone else make your bed. | 让别人整理好你的床铺 |
[37:40] | I like making my damn bed, old man. | 我就喜欢自己整理床铺 老爷子 |
[37:44] | Then you make it. | 那就自己整理吧 |
[37:49] | You deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[37:53] | You deserve the beautiful life you’ve made. | 如今的美好生活是你应得的 |
[37:59] | You deserve everything, Randall. | 你值得拥有一切 兰德尔 |
[38:04] | My beautiful boy. | 我英俊的儿子 |
[38:12] | My son. | 我的儿子 |
[38:22] | I haven’t had a happy life. | 我这辈子没过上安乐的生活 |
[38:29] | Bad breaks and… bad choices. | 时运不济 行差踏错 |
[38:36] | A life of almosts and could-haves. | 一辈子总在”差点”和”本该”中徘徊 |
[38:43] | Some would call it sad, but I don’t. | 有人觉得很可悲 但我不觉得 |
[38:49] | ‘Cause the two best things in my life… | 因为我这辈子最美好的两件事 |
[38:54] | were the person in the very beginning… | 就是出现在我生命起点的人 |
[38:59] | and the person at the very end. | 和陪伴在我生命尽头的人 |
[39:06] | That’s a pretty good thing to be able to say, I think. | 我觉得能够说这样的话就挺好的 |
[39:10] | I think so, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[39:23] | I’m a little scared. | 我有点害怕 |
[39:39] | You’re okay, Dad. | 没事的 爸 |
[39:47] | You’re good. | 没关系 |
[39:49] | Just breathe. | 慢慢呼吸 |
[39:52] | Come on, now, breathe with me. | 来 跟我一起深呼吸 |
[39:58] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[40:04] | There you go. | 就这样 |