时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The drinking has to stop. | 你不能再这样喝酒了 |
[00:04] | You have to reign it in, baby, | 你必须克服它 宝贝 |
[00:06] | because I won’t have it in my house. | 因为我决不允许我家有人酗酒 |
[00:08] | I remember when we were together, | 还记得我们当初在一起时 |
[00:09] | she said she never wanted to get married. | 她说她永远不想结婚 |
[00:10] | What do you mean, together? | 在一起是什么意思 |
[00:12] | Yeah, it was very brief. | 其实时间很短 |
[00:12] | It was another life. Probably why she didn’t tell you. | 根本不值一提 所以她才没告诉你 |
[00:15] | You think that I didn’t deserve to know | 你觉得我不应该知道 |
[00:16] | that you had history with him? | 你和他的过去吗 |
[00:18] | You know, you never really talk about your dad’s death. | 你从没跟我说过 你父亲是怎么死的 |
[00:22] | It’s been…just blocked… | 这事已经…在我心里 |
[00:24] | for a really long time. | 藏了很久了 |
[00:26] | Roll all your windows down, Randall. | 摇下所有车窗 兰德尔 |
[00:29] | Crank up the music. | 开启音乐 |
[00:30] | Let someone else make your bed. | 让别人整理好你的床铺 |
[00:57] | 《写给儿子的诗》 威廉·希尔著 | |
[01:33] | You don’t have to pack up his stuff yet. | 不必现在急着收拾他的东西 |
[01:36] | It’s only been a couple days. | 才过去几天 |
[01:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:46] | I don’t know what to do, Beth. | 我不知道该做些什么 贝丝 |
[01:49] | How do I honor his legacy? | 我该如何悼念他 |
[01:52] | Do I start wearing sweater vests? | 要开始穿毛绒背心吗 |
[01:54] | Drink more egg creams? | 多喝蜜蛋乳吗 |
[01:56] | Could get cooler frames. | 可以换个帅气点的镜框 |
[01:58] | Like, round ones, like the hipsters wear. | 那种圆的 嬉皮士风格的 |
[02:02] | William was kind of the O.G. hipster, right? | 威廉算是个老派嬉皮士吧 |
[02:04] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[02:05] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[02:07] | The only thing anyone expects you to do is to plan a service. | 大家不会要求你太多 安排好追悼会就行了 |
[02:10] | You already did that. | 可你已经安排了 |
[02:11] | Like I said, show up for the service, | 我说了 你去参加追悼会 |
[02:14] | be with your family, | 跟家人待在一起 |
[02:15] | think of him dearly, and… | 好好悼念他 然后… |
[02:28] | You’re gonna want to read this. | 你最好来看看这个 |
[02:31] | Hi. Uh, it’s Kevin Pearson calling. | 你好 我是凯文·皮尔森 |
[02:33] | I was calling to see if Brandon Novak was getting my voicemails, | 我想问问布兰登·诺瓦克有没有收到我的留言 |
[02:35] | because I’ve left quite a few of ’em, and he… | 我给他留了很多条 可他… |
[02:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:40] | She hung up on me. | 她挂我电话 |
[02:42] | What, that theater critic’s assistant? | 谁 就那影评家的助理吗 |
[02:43] | Well, not that theater critic. | 他可不是寻常的影评家 |
[02:45] | The theater critic. The Times, right? | 他是知名影评家 发表在《泰晤士报》上的 |
[02:47] | Shows live or die based on what Brandon Novak writes about them, | 布兰登·诺瓦克的影评能决定一部剧的生死 |
[02:49] | which is why I need him to come to opening night of my play, | 所以我需要他来参加我这部舞台剧的首映 |
[02:51] | but he won’t come to opening night of my play, | 可他不会来参加首映 |
[02:52] | because he already came to opening night, | 因为他已经来参加过首映了 |
[02:54] | and I wasn’t there, so… | 可我却跑了… |
[02:55] | Well, can’t you just explain what happened? | 你就不能跟他解释下当时的情况吗 |
[02:57] | No, I’m not… I can’t, you know, | 不行 不合适 |
[02:59] | tell them Randall’s business. | 这是兰德尔的私事 |
[03:00] | He’s been through enough, so that’s that. | 他已经过得很不容易了 不能说 |
[03:04] | You know, you’re-you’re kind of sexy when you’re loyal. | 你对兄弟这么忠诚 让我觉得好性感 |
[03:07] | – Really? – Yup. | -是吗 -对 |
[03:09] | Because I give money to the same charity every year, you know? | 其实我每年都会向同一家慈善机构捐款 |
[03:11] | You’re not sexy when you brag about it. | 你拿这个来吹嘘就不性感了 |
[03:13] | – Right. – No. | -好吧 -对 |
[03:16] | You know what you should do? | 其实我觉得吧 |
[03:18] | You should sit with my family at the play. | 你应该跟我家人坐一起看首映 |
[03:19] | – Why don’t you sit with them? – No. | -你为什么不跟他们坐一起 -不 |
[03:20] | – Yes. Come on. – No, uh-uh. No, I am slinking in | -来吧 -绝对不行 我要偷偷进去 |
[03:22] | when the lights go down, back row, | 趁熄灯的时候 溜进后排 |
[03:25] | and then, when you take your bow, I’m-I’m sneaking out, | 等你鞠躬谢幕的时候 我再溜出来 |
[03:28] | successfully avoiding the entire Pearson clan. | 完美躲开皮尔森一家的视线 |
[03:31] | Especially Kate. | 尤其是凯特 |
[03:33] | Look, we haven’t even told them that we’re dating yet. | 我们还没告诉他们 我们在一起了 |
[03:35] | See, now that’s not… You know what we should do? | 这不是重点… 你知道我们该怎么做吗 |
[03:36] | We should just tell them that. | 应该直接告诉他们 |
[03:37] | We get ’em together, and we say, | 把大家聚在一起 然后宣布 |
[03:38] | “Hey, family, you remember Sophie, right, my ex-wife? | “各位家人 大家记得苏菲吧 我前妻 |
[03:40] | Well, we’re dating exclusively, | 我们重新恋爱了 |
[03:43] | even though she still won’t let me sleep with her, which… | 虽然她还是不愿意跟我上床 |
[03:45] | – Oh, s… – I’m hoping is not because | -你够了 -我希望不是因为 |
[03:46] | She’s developed some, you know, | 自上次赤诚相见以来 |
[03:48] | weird moles on your body since the last time I saw you naked?” | 你的身上长了什么奇怪的痣” |
[03:50] | – No. – Or that you think I’ve lost my touch, | -没有 -或者你觉得我技巧生疏了 |
[03:52] | because I guarantee you I have not lost my touch. | 那我向你保证 我绝对宝刀未老 |
[03:56] | What’s happening? Where-where are we going? | 怎么了 你这是要去哪里 |
[03:57] | – Why are you…? – I’ve got to get to work. | -你怎么… -我要去上班 |
[03:58] | Hey, what, you’re gonna leave me here with a floundering career | 我的事业都要坍塌了 你怎么能丢下我 |
[04:00] | – and a lukewarm Americano? – Kevin. | -还有一杯不冷不热的美式咖啡 -凯文 |
[04:04] | You’re dating the ex-wife you cheated on 12 years ago, | 十二年前你出轨气走的前妻 |
[04:08] | yet somehow managed to woo back | 被你在一家卫生级别只有C的餐厅 |
[04:10] | in a diner with a “C” health rating. | 用花言巧语骗到跟你复合 |
[04:13] | You really think you can’t win over this Novak guy? | 你真觉得自己搞不定这个诺瓦克吗 |
[04:21] | So, it seems your grandpa left you some instructions. | 看来爷爷给你们两个留了些指示 |
[04:26] | “Dear Tess and Annie, | “亲爱的苔丝和安妮 |
[04:28] | I know you’re probably feeling a little sad right now, | 我知道你们现在可能有点伤心 |
[04:31] | And I’d like to get you back to smiling. | 所以我打算让你们重拾微笑 |
[04:34] | Because you have two of | 因为你们俩的微笑 |
[04:35] | my all-time favorite smiles.” | 是这世上最美的风景” |
[04:38] | “That’s why I’d like you two to plan my memorial. | “所以我希望由你俩来安排我的追悼会 |
[04:41] | Adults make these things sad, | 大人们总会搞得很悲伤 |
[04:44] | And I want you two to make it fun. | 我希望你们让它有点乐趣 |
[04:46] | Fill it with things that make you smile.” | 让追悼会充满你们的欢笑” |
[04:49] | “And make sure your mom and dad help you execute your vision. | “让爸妈协助你们完成活动计划 |
[04:53] | No questions asked.” | 他们必须无条件服从” |
[04:56] | So, we’re in charge of the memorial? | 所以追悼会我们说了算吗 |
[04:58] | Apparently. | 似乎是这样 |
[05:00] | It’s tomorrow, right before Uncle Kevin’s play re-opens, | 就在明天 之后要去看凯文大伯的二次首演 |
[05:03] | and I’ve already got | 我已经准备好 |
[05:03] | – the flowers and the lasagna and the… – Okay. | -花 意式千层面还有… -好了 |
[05:09] | We’ll take it from here. | 交给我们吧 |
[05:10] | Um, if it’s all right with you two, | 如果你们俩不介意的话 |
[05:12] | I’d like to give a eulogy. | 我希望能够说一段悼词 |
[05:13] | A eulogy sounds sad. | 悼词听起来好悲伤 |
[05:15] | How ’bout we call it a toast, then? | 那称之为”祝词”可以吗 |
[05:18] | We’ll allow it. | 行吧 |
[05:21] | Well… | 好吧 |
[05:22] | I guess I’ll cancel the caterer, | 看来我得跟筹备人说取消计划 |
[05:25] | and the flowers and the white doves. | 还有退了那些花和白鸽 |
[05:27] | You got white doves? | 你还准备了白鸽吗 |
[05:29] | They don’t make black ones, Randall. | 人家不提供黑鸽 兰德尔 |
[05:32] | You know, I heart N.Y., | 纽约是挺棒的 |
[05:34] | but I’m kind of psyched to get back to L.A. | 但我开始有点想回洛杉矶 |
[05:36] | and get shacked up with my boo. | 跟我家宝贝春宵一刻了 |
[05:37] | Yes, Bryce, I need 50 rainbow balloons. | 对 布莱斯 我需要五十个彩红气球 |
[05:40] | Tomorrow. | 明天就要 |
[05:42] | They’re for a funeral. | 是葬礼用的 |
[05:43] | My nieces gave me one job. | 我俩侄女就交给我一个任务 |
[05:45] | Can I speak to your supervisor? | 你能叫你的上司来吗 |
[05:47] | If you want to talk about William… | 你可以跟我聊聊威廉的事 |
[05:50] | or anything, | 或者其他事 |
[05:51] | I know funerals can be difficult. | 我知道葬礼很难熬 |
[05:54] | Especially since you lost your… | 尤其是你的父亲… |
[05:56] | I just want things to be special for Randall and the girls. | 我只希望兰德尔和俩孩子能满意 |
[05:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:59] | Oh, I don’t know, Sharon, can you help me? | 我不知道 莎伦 你觉得你能帮我吗 |
[06:18] | Oh, come on. Don’t do this, Jack. | 还不回来 杰克 你别这样 |
[06:20] | *For he’s a jolly good fellow* | *谁也不能否认* |
[06:23] | *Which nobody can deny* | *他是个善良有趣的人* |
[06:26] | Thank you, everybody. | 谢谢大家 |
[06:28] | Uh, Jack, you told me to tell you when it was 5:30. | 杰克 你让我五点半提醒你 |
[06:30] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:32] | It’s 5:30. | 已经五点半了 |
[06:34] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:37] | – Jack? – What? | -杰克 -怎么了 |
[06:38] | What? We’re– we’re celebrating Pench’s retirement. | 干什么 我们在庆祝班奇退休 |
[06:42] | We hate Pench. | 我们讨厌班奇 |
[06:43] | – You hate Pench. – I do hate Pench. | -是你讨厌班奇 -我确实讨厌班奇 |
[06:46] | Look, just– it’s time for you to go home | 听我说 你得回家去了 |
[06:48] | and say a proper good-bye to your wife. | 好好跟你老婆告个别 |
[06:50] | – Yeah. – Staying here is not gonna keep her from leaving. | -对 -就算你赖在这 也没法留住她 |
[06:53] | – With her ex-boyfriend. – Jack… | -跟她的前男友一起去 -杰克 |
[06:55] | Two weeks, five hotels. | 两周 住五家酒店 |
[06:56] | Night after night, getting back late. | 夜夜笙歌 早出晚归 |
[06:58] | That is ridiculous. | 你别开玩笑了 |
[07:01] | This is Rebecca we’re talking about. | 那可是丽贝卡啊 |
[07:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:05] | – Now, go. – Yeah. | -去吧 -好 |
[07:09] | You leaving? | 要走了吗 |
[07:10] | The real party’s happening after work at Joe’s Tavern. | 下班后去乔家酒馆 派对才算真正开始 |
[07:12] | You should come. | 一起来吧 |
[07:13] | Night, Heather. | 再见 海瑟 |
[07:16] | Hi, Amy, yeah, it’s Rebecca. | 艾米你好 我是丽贝卡 |
[07:18] | What time did he leave? | 他什么时间走的 |
[07:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:21] | Yeah, thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[07:27] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[07:28] | Kitchen, please. | 到厨房来一趟 |
[07:39] | How could you be late today, of all days? | 你怎么能偏偏今天这么晚回来 |
[07:41] | – Is Ben here yet? – No. | -本已经来了吗 -还没 |
[07:43] | Then I guess I’m not late. | 那我就没回来晚 |
[07:44] | Well, you said you’d be home at 5:30. | 你说五点半就会到家 |
[07:46] | No, I said I would knock off at 5:30. | 不 我是说五点半下班 |
[07:47] | I called your office and you didn’t. | 我打去你办公室了 你五点半并没下班 |
[07:49] | So, you’re checking up on me now? | 你现在都开始查我的岗了吗 |
[07:50] | This is just passive-aggressive, Jack. | 你这是在消极抵抗 杰克 |
[07:52] | – Okay, the kids. – Yeah. | -孩子们 -怎么了 |
[07:54] | They need a ride to Joel’s party tonight. | 你今晚得开车送他们去参加乔的派对 |
[07:56] | Parents are home, I already checked. | 乔的父母在家 我确认过了 |
[07:58] | And Randall’s robotics class, do you see? | 还有兰德尔的机器人课 你看到了吗 |
[08:00] | It’s moved to Tuesdays. | 改到周二了 |
[08:01] | I can read, Bec. | 我认字 小贝 |
[08:02] | And please, please do not let Kevin and Sophie | 还有 千万别让凯文和索菲 |
[08:04] | be by themselves in the basement. | 单独待在地下室 |
[08:05] | They’re all over each other. | 他俩简直难舍难分 |
[08:07] | What’s so funny? It’s disturbing. | 有什么好笑的 这问题很严重 |
[08:09] | You know, the other day, I came in… | 你知道吗 有天我走进去… |
[08:11] | she was nibbling on his ear. | 看到她正在啃他的耳朵 |
[08:13] | Don’t say the word nibbling in reference to our son. | 别把”啃”这个字用在我们儿子身上 |
[08:15] | That is the only way to describe it. | 只能用”啃”来形容啊 |
[08:17] | Those ears haven’t seen Q-tips in years. | 凯文的耳朵好多年没掏过了 |
[08:20] | No. | 确实 |
[08:36] | Time to hit the road. | 该出发了 |
[08:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:44] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[08:46] | Good luck, Mom. | 祝你好运 妈妈 |
[08:47] | You’re supposed to say “Break a leg.” | 你该说”祝你演出成功” |
[08:48] | Oh, am I? | 是吗 |
[08:52] | Bye, baby. | 再见 宝贝 |
[08:53] | Bye, sweetheart. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[08:56] | Oh, I love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:57] | I promise I’ll call twice a day, every day. | 我保证每天打两通电话回来 |
[09:00] | Have fun, Mom. Seriously. | 玩得开心点 妈 说真的 |
[09:02] | I will. | 会的 |
[09:09] | I love you, Mom. | 我爱你 妈妈 |
[09:10] | I love you more. | 我更爱你 |
[09:11] | I love you most. | 我最爱你 |
[09:12] | Be good to each other. Take care of each other. | 好好相处 照顾好彼此 |
[09:19] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:20] | Bye… | 再见 |
[09:42] | Dad. | 爸 |
[09:49] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:18] | “His name was William H. Hill.” | “他名叫威廉·H·希尔” |
[10:22] | Everybody knows his damn name, fool. | 谁不知道他叫什么啊 笨蛋 |
[10:27] | Oh, man… | 天呐 |
[10:28] | 《写给儿子的诗》 威廉·希尔著 | |
[10:38] | Hey, Jessie. | 你好 杰西 |
[10:40] | Hi, Randall. | 你好 兰德尔 |
[10:41] | Is this an all right time? | 现在打来合适吗 |
[10:43] | I’m happy for the distraction. | 正好帮我分分心 |
[10:46] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[10:48] | Not terribly well, as it turns out. | 事实上 并不太好 |
[10:52] | William and I had our good-byes privately, before you left, | 你们走之前 威廉和我私下道过别了 |
[10:56] | but it’s still a shock. | 但我还是很震惊 |
[10:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:59] | I’m with my sister in Chicago right now. | 我现在在芝加哥住我姐姐家里 |
[11:04] | It’s, um… | 这事… |
[11:07] | it’s a very slippery slope for me. | 这事对我打击很大 |
[11:10] | And I needed time. | 我需要点时间 |
[11:12] | You know, time away? | 离开那里以免触景生情 |
[11:14] | Uh, understood. | 我理解 |
[11:16] | I told our N.A. group about his passing, | 我把他去世的消息告诉了戒所里的人 |
[11:18] | and, uh, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. | 所有人都难过地流下了眼泪 |
[11:21] | A young man named Sebastian | 一位叫塞巴斯蒂安的年轻人 |
[11:23] | insisted that I pass along his condolences. | 坚持要我替他转达哀悼之情 |
[11:28] | He was a young athlete who was addicted to Vicodin | 他曾是个运动员 吃止痛药成过瘾 |
[11:31] | when he first came to our meetings | 他刚来互助会时 |
[11:33] | and, uh, wanted nothing to do with us. | 丝毫不愿意跟我们打交道 |
[11:35] | But William feigned an interest in football | 但威廉假装对橄榄球很感兴趣 |
[11:40] | so the boy would have someone to relate to. | 这样那男孩就有了个可以谈话的人 |
[11:45] | I’d have loved to have seen | 我真想看看 |
[11:46] | William pretend to know anything about football. | 威廉假装懂橄榄球的样子 |
[11:49] | It was… | 确实… |
[11:57] | It was quite a laugh. | 确实特别搞笑 |
[12:02] | He was a soft armrest | 他就像柔软的扶手 |
[12:05] | for weary souls to lean on, you know? | 总能让疲惫的灵魂得以慰藉 对吗 |
[12:09] | Anyway, I… | 总之 我… |
[12:13] | I’m sure you’ve got things going on there. | 我知道你一定还有很多事要处理 |
[12:16] | I don’t want to keep you. | 我就不打扰你了 |
[12:18] | Hey, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:21] | Thanks for calling, Jessie. | 谢谢你打来电话 杰西 |
[12:24] | Be well. | 保重 |
[12:25] | Take care. | 保重 |
[12:28] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:37] | Mr. Novak. | 诺瓦克先生 |
[12:38] | Sorry to just, you know, barge in like this, | 抱歉就这么闯了进来 |
[12:41] | but I really need to talk to you. | 但我真有事要找你谈谈 |
[12:42] | I’m Kevin Pearson, by the way. | 对了 我叫凯文·皮尔森 |
[12:45] | – I know who you are. – Oh, good. | -我知道你是谁 -那太好了 |
[12:46] | How’d you get in here? | 你是怎么进来的 |
[12:47] | Oh, just bribed the assistant, Tracy. | 就是贿赂了一下你的助理翠西 |
[12:49] | You know, big Manny fan. | 她是”奶爸”的铁粉 |
[12:52] | I came here to beg you | 我来是想恳请你 |
[12:56] | to come to opening night of my play. | 出席我那部舞台剧的首演 |
[12:57] | I did go to opening night, you didn’t. | 那晚首演我去了 而你没有 |
[13:00] | I know, I know that, and I know what you must be thinking… | 我明白 我知道你肯定认为… |
[13:03] | I think that you choked. | 我认为你是怯场了 |
[13:05] | I think that you realized without the help of | 我认为你是意识到 没了能重拍五遍 |
[13:07] | five takes and a laugh track, | 和笑声音轨的帮助 |
[13:09] | you’re nothing but a 40-year-old playboy | 你除了是个四十岁的花花公子 |
[13:12] | with no talent. | 就一无是处 |
[13:15] | 36 years… | 是36岁 |
[13:17] | Doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter. | 不过不要紧 不要紧 |
[13:19] | Neither here nor there. | 这一切都不重要 |
[13:22] | I literally uprooted my entire life for this play. | 我确实是把整个人生都押到这部剧上了 |
[13:25] | It’s the only reason I’m here, sir. | 所以我才来这找您 先生 |
[13:27] | And the crazy part about this whole thing is | 而这当中最重要的是 |
[13:29] | it’s actually really good– it is. | 这部剧真的很棒 真的 |
[13:32] | But no one’s gonna come see it, sir, unless you tell them to, | 可除非你能帮我宣传 否则没人会来看 |
[13:34] | so I am begging you, please… | 所以我恳求你 求你了 |
[13:39] | give us another chance. | 请再给我们一次机会 |
[13:41] | It’s worth it. Just think about it. | 绝对值得 请考虑一下 |
[13:46] | Morning. Sorry to ring, | 早 抱歉打扰了 |
[13:48] | I saw this crate of perishables out there, | 我看见外面放着一箱易腐物品 |
[13:49] | and I thought I… | 所以我就想… |
[13:54] | Lot of pears. | 好多梨 |
[13:55] | Yeah, uh, thank you. | 是啊 谢谢 |
[14:01] | I hope you don’t mind me asking… how’s William doing? | 冒昧问一句 威廉还好吗 |
[14:05] | I haven’t seen him lately and I was starting to get worried. | 最近都没见他 我有点担心 |
[14:08] | I know his health wasn’t all that good. | 我知道他的身体一直不好 |
[14:12] | Uh, William died last week. In Memphis. | 威廉上周在孟菲斯去世了 |
[14:23] | Well, he always wanted to get back there. | 他一直都想能再回那里 |
[14:27] | I didn’t realize you two had gotten to know each other. | 我不知道原来你们两个认识 |
[14:30] | Yeah, on his morning walks. | 对 在他晨练的时候 |
[14:33] | We got to talking. | 我们经常聊天 |
[14:34] | You know, people don’t stop to just talk anymore, you know? | 现在人都不能再停下脚步好好聊会儿天了 |
[14:36] | We became friends. | 我们成了朋友 |
[14:38] | He always asked about my daughter. | 他经常问起我女儿 |
[14:44] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[14:48] | This neighborhood will miss him. | 邻里们都会想念他的 |
[14:58] | Who’s it from? | 谁送来的 |
[15:00] | What? | 什么 |
[15:06] | Really? Your father dies, | 不是吧 你父亲去世了 |
[15:08] | and this is what work sends you? | 你公司就送你这个 |
[15:10] | They’ve been good to me, Beth. | 他们对我挺不错了 贝丝 |
[15:11] | I’ve been out of the office for a while now… | 我离开办公室有段时间了 |
[15:12] | – After not taking a vacation in three years. – Beth… | -可你都三年没度过假了 -贝丝 |
[15:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:22] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[15:28] | 致以深切的慰问 来自团队 | |
[15:36] | Okay, here we go. You guys have fun. | 到了 你们玩得开心点 |
[15:39] | Call me, call me when you want to come home. | 要回家了就打电话给我 |
[15:40] | Thanks, Mr. Pearson. | 谢谢 皮尔森先生 |
[15:47] | Do you want this taxi to stop somewhere else? | 你想搭这辆出租车去哪里 |
[15:51] | Are you and Mom all right? | 你和妈妈没事吧 |
[15:55] | Stop it, we’re fine. | 别操心 我们没事 |
[15:56] | You don’t seem fine. | 看起来不像没事 |
[15:57] | Look, it’s marriage. | 听着 这就是婚姻 |
[16:00] | Okay? It’s just stuff. | 好吗 都是些琐事 |
[16:03] | Honestly, we’re fine. | 真的 我们没事 |
[16:04] | Why didn’t you go to her show tonight? | 那你今晚为什么没去看她演出 |
[16:06] | Well, first off, it’s two hours away. | 首先 去演出场地要两小时车程 |
[16:10] | – Yeah, it’s two hours away. – Kate… | -没错 只是两小时车程 -凯特 |
[16:13] | Hey, look, you’ve got more important things | 听着 作为一名未成年人 |
[16:15] | to worry about being a teenager. | 你有更要紧的事去操心 |
[16:17] | Boys and-and grades and that band | 男孩 成绩还有那什么乐队 |
[16:21] | that sounds like they’re always kidding… | 听起来就像随便叫的那个 |
[16:23] | – what’s their name? Weezer? – Weezer. | -叫什么来着 威瑟吗 -威瑟 |
[16:25] | – Yeah. – Weezer. | -是啊 -威瑟 |
[16:26] | Look, your mom and dad, we’re the… | 听着 你老爸老妈… |
[16:31] | we’re last thing in the world you need to worry about. | 是这世上最不需要你来操心的人 |
[16:34] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[16:36] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[16:40] | Don’t sit home tonight all sad. | 别整晚待在家里自怨自艾 |
[16:45] | How can I be sad when I’ve got a kid like you? | 有你这么关心我 我怎么会难过呢 |
[16:52] | – Bye, dad. – Okay. | -再见 老爸 -再见 |
[16:54] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[17:03] | Rebecca, it’s-it’s gonna be okay. | 丽贝卡 没事的 |
[17:05] | They invited us. | 他们都邀请我们了 |
[17:06] | No, the girls invited us. | 不 是孩子们邀请我们的 |
[17:08] | You know things haven’t been the same since he found out, | 你知道自从他发现真想后一切就都变了 |
[17:11] | he just… he tolerates me. | 他只是…一直在忍受我 |
[17:13] | – You don’t know that he… – Yeah, I know my son. | -他又不一定… -我了解我儿子 |
[17:17] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[17:20] | Don’t get them tangled up. | 小心缠到一起了 |
[17:22] | It was one… it was one balloon. | 就一个… 就一个气球而已 |
[17:24] | Hey, geez, you guys bring enough balloons? | 我的天啊 这么点气球就够了吗 |
[17:26] | No, actually, we didn’t. | 事实上真不够 |
[17:28] | Do not poke the bear, man, okay, I beg you. | 别再火上浇油了 伙计 我求你了 |
[17:30] | The kids asked her to bring 50. | 孩子们让她带五十个气球 |
[17:31] | I popped one in the car. | 我在车里弄破一个 |
[17:34] | – Everything okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -一切还好吗 -我没事 |
[17:36] | Well, don’t you all look ready for a fun-eral. | 看来你们已经为”赞礼”做好准备了 |
[17:42] | No? Not even a smile for “fun-eral”? | 没反应 就为”赞礼”这词笑一个也没有吗 |
[17:46] | All right, well, thanks for coming. | 好吧 谢谢你们的到来 |
[17:47] | If you need anything… cooking, cleaning. | 如果需要我做什么 做饭 打扫 |
[17:49] | You need help with his will? | 遗嘱方面有什么能效劳的 |
[17:50] | I don’t know anything about wills, | 虽然我对遗嘱一无所知 |
[17:51] | but I’m willing to take an online course. | 不过我可以去上个网课 |
[17:53] | That’s, uh,… | 这就… |
[17:56] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. Randall. | -你们来了 -兰德尔 |
[17:59] | Come on, let’s get started! | 快进来 我们开始吧 |
[18:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:06] | Those aren’t coming back. | 看来是飞不回来了 |
[18:07] | Grandpa said we’re supposed to celebrate his life | 爷爷说我们应该欢庆他的这一生 |
[18:10] | and not be sad, | 而不应该难过 |
[18:10] | so today we’re going to act out | 所以今天我们要上演一出 |
[18:12] | William’s perfect day. | 威廉的完美一天 |
[18:13] | – Starting with breakfast. – He loved breakfast. | -先从早餐开始 -他喜欢早餐 |
[18:16] | Please help yourselves. | 大家请自便 |
[18:17] | And remember to take his pills. | 别忘了把他的药吃了 |
[18:20] | They’re just M&M’S. | 这只是巧克力豆 |
[18:22] | You sure you don’t have anything stronger? | 你确定没更刺激点的东西吗 |
[18:23] | I want all the toppings. Are toppings disrespectful? | 我想拿上面的配料 不会显得失礼吧 |
[18:25] | – Top away. Go ahead. – All right. | -拿去吧 -那就好 |
[18:27] | There were few people on the streets | 由于辛辛那提大主教取消了教会委员会 |
[18:30] | as the Cincinnati archdiocese canceled classes at two… | 街道上几乎空无一人… |
[18:33] | What are you suddenly being sore about? | 你怎么突然变得愤愤不平 |
[18:35] | What did you expect me to be? | 你想让我怎么样 |
[18:36] | Do you think women live in vacuum-sealed containers, | 你觉得这样一个生活闭塞的女人 |
[18:39] | like tennis balls? | 会喜欢网球吗 |
[18:41] | I just thought you were different, that’s all. | 我只是觉得你与众不同 没别的意思 |
[18:45] | Get smart. There hasn’t been | 醒醒吧 从夏娃至今 |
[18:46] | a woman in love different since Eve. | 恋爱中的女人都是一样的 |
[18:48] | So it’s love? | 所以这是爱情 |
[18:49] | Yes, Max, it’s love. | 没错 马克斯 就是爱情 |
[19:02] | Hey, Pearson! You made it! | 皮尔森 你来了 |
[19:06] | Now, this is a first. | 这还是头一回 |
[19:07] | Bring it in, come on. | 快过来 |
[19:09] | Yep. | 好 |
[19:10] | All right. Okay. | 好 |
[19:11] | – Hey, Jack. – Heather. | -杰克 -海瑟 |
[19:13] | Can I get you a drink? | 能请你喝一杯吗 |
[19:17] | – Beer. – Coming right up. | -啤酒 -马上来 |
[19:25] | Baby, I think I figured out this toast. | 亲爱的 我祝词想好了 |
[19:31] | Baby? | 亲爱的 |
[19:33] | I refilled all his pills. | 我把他的药瓶都装满了 |
[19:38] | He knew he wasn’t coming back. | 他料到他不会再回来了 |
[19:42] | I didn’t know. How could I have known? | 我不知道 我怎么会有这种预感 |
[19:48] | You got your trip to Memphis. | 你们有孟菲斯之旅 |
[19:49] | The girls got their memorial. | 姑娘们为他办追悼会 |
[19:51] | He left you all with a way… | 他都帮你们安排好了… |
[19:57] | I loved him, too, Randall. | 我也爱他 兰德尔 |
[20:05] | I never even got a chance to say good-bye. | 可我甚至没能跟他道别 |
[20:07] | Honey… | 亲爱的… |
[20:15] | – Come on, people. – It’s toast time. | -来吧 大家 -要说祝酒词了 |
[20:19] | Thank you, my dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[20:20] | – What is this? – It’s a Blue Hawaiian. | -这是什么 -蓝色夏威夷 |
[20:22] | – Oh, is that William’s favorite drink? – No. | -是威廉最爱喝的酒吗 -不 |
[20:24] | I think the girls misunderstood a conversation that we had. | 我想是姑娘们把我们的对话理解错了 |
[20:26] | Blue Hawaii his favorite movie? | 《蓝色夏威夷》是他最喜欢的电影 |
[20:29] | It’s his favorite strain of weed. | 是他最爱的一种大麻 |
[20:31] | Attention, everyone. | 大家注意了 |
[20:32] | I guess I’m kind of breaking the rules by speaking today, | 可能我今天发言破坏了规矩 |
[20:36] | as William didn’t ask me to say anything. | 因为威廉并没有让我讲话 |
[20:41] | He was a master of words, and he knew I was no poet. | 他是位语言大师 他也知道我不是诗人 |
[20:44] | But I think the real reason why he didn’t ask me to speak | 不过我想他不让我讲话的真正原因 |
[20:50] | was that he knew there was someone else | 是因为他知道某个人 |
[20:52] | who was much more deserving of this mic than me. | 比我更应该站在这里 |
[20:58] | The person who was in it with him, | 那个一直陪伴着他 |
[21:01] | like, really in it, every single day. | 陪他度过每个日日夜夜的人 |
[21:21] | I really don’t know what to say actually because… | 我其实真不知道说什么 因为… |
[21:25] | I’m pretty mad at him. | 我挺生他的气的 |
[21:30] | For leaving, I guess. | 怪他离开了我们 |
[21:40] | William was a lot of things. | 威廉有很多种身份 |
[21:42] | He was a father, | 他是位父亲 |
[21:46] | an artist, | 艺术家 |
[21:49] | a cheater at every card game. | 每次打牌都作弊的坏家伙 |
[21:53] | God, he was my friend. | 他更是我的朋友 |
[22:00] | I can look all over this house and… | 这间房子里的每个角落… |
[22:04] | see the memories that we shared. | 都充满着我和他的回忆 |
[22:08] | Every time I walk past the bathroom, | 每次我走过浴室 |
[22:09] | I can hear him humming when he brushed his teeth. | 都能听见他刷牙时的嗡嗡声 |
[22:12] | At first it used to grate on me. | 一开始还有点烦 |
[22:14] | Like, “you love your dental hygiene, we get it.” | 就像”我们都知道你注意口腔卫生” |
[22:17] | But… | 但后来… |
[22:19] | pretty soon I came to expect it. | 要是听不见我总觉得少了点什么 |
[22:24] | Y’all know that he could dance? | 你们都知道他会跳舞吗 |
[22:27] | Right there, | 就在那里 |
[22:28] | right where Randall is standing, | 就在兰德尔站着的地方 |
[22:30] | is where he showed me | 他还向我秀了一下 |
[22:31] | that even a frail old bag of bones, his words, | 即使是一把老骨头 这是他原话 |
[22:34] | could still attempt a Charleston. | 也能跳查尔斯顿舞 |
[22:40] | William’s moves weren’t fast, | 威廉的舞步跳得不快 |
[22:43] | but they were endearing as hell. | 但是简直太让人喜欢了 |
[22:50] | He was endearing as hell. | 他这个人也太讨人喜欢了 |
[22:56] | And even though we only had him for a few months, | 虽然他和我们只相处了几个月 |
[22:59] | he’s part of our fabric now. | 但他已经是我们的一部分了 |
[23:05] | We’ll remember things as “before William” | 以后我们会将回忆分成”遇见威廉以前” |
[23:10] | and “after William.” | 和”遇见威廉之后” |
[23:25] | Hey, Kate. | 凯特 |
[23:27] | Come here, talk to me. | 来 跟我聊聊 |
[23:28] | Please, just not now. | 拜托 现在不行 |
[23:38] | Toby, don’t. | 托比 不要 |
[23:42] | Just don’t. | 不要 |
[23:49] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:52] | I know I should be comforting you. | 我知道应该是我安慰你的 |
[23:54] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[23:56] | You know, ever since that camp | 自从参加了那个训练营 |
[23:58] | just, like, broke me open, | 我封闭的内心就打开了 |
[24:01] | and all that therapy, | 那些心灵疗程 |
[24:02] | and just all this stuff is coming up about Dad. | 所有事都会让我想起爸爸 |
[24:09] | – It’s okay. – I’m so sorry | -没事的 -对不起 |
[24:11] | that you had to go through this twice. | 你要经历两次这种痛苦 |
[24:13] | I’m so sorry, Randall. | 我很抱歉 兰德尔 |
[24:15] | Kate, | 凯特 |
[24:20] | I’m okay. | 我没事的 |
[24:22] | It’s… | 没事… |
[24:26] | Had a dream last night | 我昨天晚上做了个梦 |
[24:29] | that Dad and William met. | 爸爸和威廉认识了 |
[24:31] | I walked into the living room, and, | 我走进卧室 |
[24:34] | they were sitting on the couch, | 看见他们坐在沙发上 |
[24:35] | just talking and laughing like old friends. | 像老朋友一样说说笑笑 |
[24:40] | And William was telling Dad | 威廉在跟爸爸讲 |
[24:41] | – how I taught him how to drive a car. – teach me how to drive. | -我教他开车的事 -他教我怎么开车 |
[24:43] | – Whoa, wait, wait. – And Dad was like… | -等等 -爸爸当时就说… |
[24:45] | Really? Randall? | 真的吗 兰德尔 |
[24:48] | Did he tell you about the time | 那他有跟你说 |
[24:49] | that I taught him how to drive? | 我教他开车的事吗 |
[24:50] | No, no, you’ve got to tell me this, Jack. | 没有 你必须给我讲讲 杰克 |
[24:52] | I got all three kids in the driveway there. | 我把三个孩子带到车道 |
[24:55] | Randall hops in the car, excited… | 兰德尔激动地跳进车里… |
[24:56] | “Oh, the kid just threw it in reverse | “那孩子直接挂了倒档 |
[24:59] | and zoomed straight back | 然后车飞快地冲了出去 |
[25:00] | – like a bat out of hell.” – Bat out of hell. | -就像地狱蝙蝠” -地狱蝙蝠 |
[25:05] | Dad loved that story. | 爸爸特别喜欢讲这事 |
[25:08] | He did. | 是啊 |
[25:12] | I’m not the guy to tell you how to handle your feelings. | 不该由我来告诉你如何控制你的情绪 |
[25:16] | But I’ve learned that you got to let ’em out. | 可我明白情绪应该释放出来 |
[25:20] | You got to share them with the people that love you. | 你得向爱你的人们吐露出来 |
[25:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:24] | Do you? | 真的吗 |
[25:25] | ‘Cause there’s a really sweet, | 因为此时此刻 |
[25:27] | really big guy in my living room right now | 我家客厅有个体型庞大的暖男 |
[25:29] | who might think otherwise. | 可能不这样认为 |
[25:32] | I know. | 是啊 |
[25:36] | Come back. | 回去吧 |
[25:50] | Where’s the family tonight? | 你家人今晚都去哪了 |
[25:54] | Kids are with their friends | 孩子们找朋友玩去了 |
[25:57] | and wife is out of town. | 我妻子出远门了 |
[26:00] | In Cleveland. | 去了克利夫兰 |
[26:01] | What’s in Cleveland? | 去克利夫兰干什么 |
[26:02] | Oh, she’s… | 她去… |
[26:04] | following her dreams. | 追寻她的梦想 |
[26:05] | No one’s dreams are in Cleveland. | 克利夫兰哪有什么梦想 |
[26:07] | Well, it’s Cleveland, | 先是克利夫兰 |
[26:09] | and then Boston, | 接着是波士顿 |
[26:11] | then New York, Trenton, Philly. | 然后纽约 特伦顿 费城 |
[26:13] | She’s on tour with her Ben. | 她和她的本巡回演出去了 |
[26:18] | Her band. | 是她的乐队 |
[26:19] | She’s in a band, she’s on tour with the band. | 她加入了乐队 和乐队巡回演出去了 |
[26:23] | I knew something was up. | 我就知道出事了 |
[26:28] | Nothing’s up. | 什么事也没有 |
[26:29] | Come on, Jack, I see you every day. | 得了 杰克 我每天都能见到你 |
[26:32] | You have that look a man gets when something breaks | 你那副表情 意思就是男人知道出了问题 |
[26:34] | and he can’t fix it. | 却无法修复 |
[26:42] | Heather, enough, enough. | 海瑟 好了 住手 |
[26:43] | Enough with this crap. | 别胡来 |
[26:45] | I’m a married man. | 我已经结婚了 |
[26:48] | You’re embarrassing me, and you’re embarrassing yourself. | 你这样让我很难堪 也让你自己难堪 |
[26:53] | I’m gonna make-make a phone call. | 我去打个电话 |
[26:59] | Every morning and afternoon, | 每天早上和下午 |
[27:01] | Grandpa would put on his old man hat | 爷爷都会戴上他的老头帽子 |
[27:03] | and walk around the neighborhood. | 在附近散散步 |
[27:05] | So now we’re gonna go on his walk. | 所以我们也去走一走他走过的路 |
[27:08] | Come on, everyone, get your hats. | 快走吧 大家伙儿 拿上你们的帽子 |
[27:10] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:12] | Uncle Kevin, Grandma? | 凯文叔叔 奶奶 |
[27:13] | – Picking the green one? – Yeah. | -绿色帽子 -是啊 |
[27:15] | You gonna do that one? | 你要戴这个吗 |
[27:16] | Daddy, you wear Grandpa’s real one. | 爸爸 你戴爷爷的帽子 |
[27:22] | I don’t know, sweetheart. | 我能戴吗 宝贝 |
[27:24] | Put it on, babe. | 戴上吧 亲爱的 |
[27:29] | Yeah. | 真帅 |
[27:36] | I want to tell you what’s been going on with me. | 我很想把我的事情告诉你 |
[27:38] | About… my dad. | 关于我爸爸的 |
[27:42] | So maybe after the show tonight? | 今晚演出之后可以吗 |
[27:44] | Okay, everybody, | 好了 大家 |
[27:45] | this is where I leave you, it’s time for me to head to the theater. | 我得先走一步 我要去剧院了 |
[27:48] | – Break a leg, man. – Thank you. | -祝你成功 老哥 -多谢 |
[27:50] | All right. | 好的 |
[27:50] | – Okay, we’ll see you in a few hours. – I know. | -几个小时以后见 -是啊 |
[27:52] | Front and center, buddy. | 我们坐前排中间 兄弟 |
[27:52] | – You might have the whole theater to yourself. – Bye. | -你们说不定会包场 -再见 |
[27:55] | Peace. | 再见 |
[28:09] | So, William seems to have really connected | 看来威廉在这么短的时间里 |
[28:11] | with the girls in a short time. | 和孩子们建立起了深厚的感情 |
[28:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:15] | That’s what he did. | 是这样的 |
[28:18] | With everyone he met, it seems. | 他跟遇到的每个人都是这样 |
[28:22] | You know your father. | 你了解你爸爸 |
[28:25] | Jack, I mean. | 我是指杰克 |
[28:28] | He, um… | 他… |
[28:31] | he taught you a lot about honesty and courage. | 他教了你很多关于诚实和勇气的事 |
[28:37] | But the truth is, you came into this world pretty perfect. | 可实际上 你从生下来就非常完美 |
[28:41] | You always had this, uh… gentleness, | 你向来都…彬彬有礼 |
[28:45] | this inner kindness to you, from the start, | 内心又善良 从小就是这样 |
[28:47] | and I think… | 所以我想… |
[28:50] | you got that from William. | 那是威廉遗传给你的 |
[28:57] | I really thought I was doing | 我当初真心觉得那么做 |
[28:59] | the right thing for you and for our family… | 对你 对咱们这个家都好 |
[29:01] | – Mom, you don’t have to do this. – I do. | -妈妈 你不用再说了 -我要说 |
[29:02] | I have to. | 我必须说清楚 |
[29:03] | I haven’t said this to you before. | 我之前从没跟你说起过这些 |
[29:05] | I need to, okay? | 我得说出来 好吗 |
[29:15] | When I first met him, he was so far gone, Randall. | 我第一次见到他时 他状态很糟 兰德尔 |
[29:22] | And then when I saw him again, years later, | 可几年过后 我再见到他时 |
[29:23] | he was so much better. | 他的状态已经好多了 |
[29:27] | And you got curious. | 你开始好奇生父是谁 |
[29:29] | And I got scared. | 但我却害怕了 |
[29:33] | I always planned on telling you, I did. | 我一直都打算告诉你的 真的 |
[29:35] | I would set an age in my mind. I’d say, “When he’s 15. | 我还在心里设了时限 我告诉自己 |
[29:38] | I’m gonna tell him when he’s 15.” | “等他十五岁的时候 我就告诉他” |
[29:39] | And 15 would come and go, and I’d lose my nerve, | 然后十五岁很快就过去了 但我没有勇气说 |
[29:42] | and then I would decide on 16. | 接着我就决定等十六岁再说 |
[29:44] | Because the truth is, I was so terrified. | 因为我实在是太害怕了 |
[29:50] | Because I knew it would devastate you. | 因为我知道这件事会让你崩溃的 |
[29:56] | It was such a big lie. | 我撒了这么一个弥天大谎 |
[29:59] | And such a long lie. | 我骗了你这么久 |
[30:02] | I knew… | 我知道 |
[30:05] | I knew that I could lose you over it, | 我知道我可能会因此而失去你 |
[30:07] | and I couldn’t lose you, Randall. | 而我不能失去你 兰德尔 |
[30:09] | I couldn’t. | 真的不能 |
[30:13] | But that is no excuse. | 但这不是借口 |
[30:16] | It was… | 我的行为 |
[30:18] | selfish, and it was wrong. | 很自私 是不对的 |
[30:22] | And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart… | 而且我希望你知道 我发自肺腑地… |
[30:28] | …that I am so sorry you didn’t have more time together. | 感到抱歉 没能让你们有更多时间相处 |
[30:32] | That it is my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[30:33] | – you didn’t have more time with him. – I-I got enough. I got enough. | -害你们相处时间这么短 -已经足够了 |
[30:37] | It was enough time to know that I loved him. | 这段时间已经足够让我知道 我爱他 |
[30:40] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[30:42] | And I know that he loved me. | 而且我知道他也爱着我 |
[30:45] | I’m so glad. | 我真替你开心 |
[30:48] | I love you, Mom. | 我爱你 妈妈 |
[30:50] | I love you more. | 我更爱你 |
[30:52] | I love you m– no, no, I mean, I meant what I said, | 我最爱… 不行 我当时是真心的 |
[30:55] | but I’m a grown-ass man | 但现在长大了 |
[30:56] | and this is gonna cross a very weird line. | 再那么说的话 感觉有点不合适 |
[31:02] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[31:07] | – I’m so sorry. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -没事的 |
[31:10] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[31:17] | Yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather, red leather. | 吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮 不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮 |
[31:19] | I-D-I-D-I-D-I-D– Hey! | 啊我饿啊我饿 |
[31:21] | Hey. Hey, uh, I was just curious, | 我想知道一下 |
[31:23] | if Brandon Novak picked up his ticket? | 布兰登·诺瓦克有没有来拿他的票 |
[31:25] | – I’ll check. – Thank you. | -我去查一下 -谢谢 |
[31:28] | Yeah, we’ll see. | 再等等看吧 |
[31:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:32] | Just need to meditate. | 专心冥想就好 |
[31:35] | I want to see Wicked tonight– am I in the right theater? | 我想看《魔法坏女巫》 是这个剧院吗 |
[31:41] | Yeah, yes. Yes, you are, | 没错 就是这里 |
[31:43] | as a matter of fact, in the right theater. | 毫无疑问 你来对地方了 |
[31:44] | Come over here and kiss me | 在我把脸涂绿之前 |
[31:45] | before I paint my face green. | 快过来亲我一下 |
[31:49] | Mmm. What are you doing back here? | 你怎么跑到后台来了 |
[31:51] | I’m sorry, am I destroying your focus? | 抱歉 我是不是打扰你集中注意力了 |
[31:54] | No. No, no, no, this is great. | 没有 当然没有 你能来太棒了 |
[31:55] | Okay, just came to give you this. | 好吧 只是想来给你送这个 |
[31:59] | It’s what I always wanted. | 这就是我一直想要的 |
[32:00] | – It’s a crutch. – I know what it is. | -是个拐杖 -我知道这是什么 |
[32:02] | For when you break your leg. | 等你腿断了可以用啊[祝演出成功] |
[32:03] | Break a leg, okay. Yeah. | 断腿 没错 |
[32:06] | Well, the E.R. staff thought it was hysterical. | 好吧 急救室的同事觉得这梗很好笑 |
[32:08] | Well, thank you very much, | 非常谢谢你 |
[32:10] | for sneaking back here; it means a lot to me. | 谢谢你偷偷溜过来 我很感动 |
[32:12] | Half hour, everyone. | 所有人 半小时后开场 |
[32:14] | – Ay, ay, ay, ay. – I know. | -好吧好吧 -我知道 |
[32:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:24] | I know I can’t go back. | 我知道我不能再回头了 |
[32:25] | There is no back, Jess. | 已经没有退路了 小杰 |
[32:28] | It’s just this continuous thing. | 事情总是在不断变化的 |
[32:30] | It’s me, isn’t it? | 是因为我 不是吗 |
[32:31] | You gonna leave me? | 你要离开我吗 |
[32:38] | Just stay a little bit longer. | 就再待一会儿吧 |
[32:59] | Kevin! | 凯文 |
[33:20] | Hello? Oh, my God. | 在吗 我的天哪 |
[33:23] | That monologue at the end? | 结尾那段独白 |
[33:24] | – God, it was incredible! – Thanks. | -天啦 真是精彩绝伦 -谢谢 |
[33:26] | You had such a presence up there. | 你的表演真的是引人入胜 |
[33:30] | – Really? – Oh, sweetheart, yes, | -真的吗 -亲爱的 当然了 |
[33:30] | Oh, Mom, thank you. | 妈妈 谢谢你 |
[33:31] | I’m so proud. Wasn’t he captivating? | 我太骄傲了 他是不是让人神魂颠倒 |
[33:33] | I just can’t get over how you can remember all those words. | 我还在震惊你怎么记得住这么多词 |
[33:36] | So impressive. | 实在太精彩了 |
[33:36] | Good move not showing your penis. | 你没有展示小弟弟真是明智 |
[33:38] | – Yes. – Stage penis is so 2015. | -是的 -舞台上露小弟弟太老套了 |
[33:40] | Thank you, Toby. | 谢谢托比 |
[33:41] | There’s now a man | 曾经的”奶爸” |
[33:42] | where the Manny once stood. | 成长为一个男人了 |
[33:43] | Oh, come on. Hey. | 快来 |
[33:46] | Never been prouder, brother. | 从未如此骄傲 兄弟 |
[33:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:50] | Never been prouder. | 从未如此骄傲 |
[33:50] | – Thank you, man. Thank you. – Way to go. | -谢谢 谢谢你 -就该这样 |
[33:52] | You guys, you’re gonna make me cry. | 你们这些家伙要把我弄哭了 |
[33:54] | This is amazing. Look at all of you here! | 真是太好了 你们全在这儿 |
[33:58] | We’re late to relieve the babysitter. | 太晚了 保姆要超时了 |
[34:03] | I got to stop by the office. | 我得去一下办公室 |
[34:04] | Babe, it’s 10:00 p.m. | 亲爱的 现在是晚上十点 |
[34:06] | Yeah, they’re all still there. | 是的 他们都还没走 |
[34:09] | Big deadline. | 赶项目 |
[34:12] | There’s just something I got to take care of. | 我需要去处理一些事 |
[34:21] | Randall, thank God. | 兰德尔 谢天谢地 |
[34:22] | Ten years, Tyler. | 十年了 泰勒 |
[34:25] | I’ve worked here for ten years. | 我在这里工作了十年 |
[34:28] | I’ve brought in 80% of our clients. | 公司八成的客户都是我带进来的 |
[34:31] | I grew this company from a six-man operation | 是我把这里从六个人的工作室 |
[34:33] | into a 60-person machine. | 扩展成六十人的大公司 |
[34:37] | I’ve given you 20-hour days, man. | 我曾一天为你工作20个小时 |
[34:40] | Like, nights away from my wife and children. | 在应该陪着老婆孩子的晚上加班 |
[34:46] | My father died, man. | 我的父亲去世了 |
[34:49] | And on the day of his memorial, | 可是在他追悼会当天 |
[34:50] | you sent me pears, which… | 你寄来了一些梨子 |
[34:54] | I’m allergic to. And you know this. | 我对梨子过敏 你是知道的 |
[34:57] | Because at the lunch where you hired me, | 因为在你聘用我的那天 |
[34:59] | we ate roquefort salad | 我们午餐吃了羊乳干酪沙拉 |
[35:00] | – and I went into anaphylactic shock. – Randall… | -而我因为过敏休克了 -兰德尔 |
[35:02] | And along with the pears that could have killed me, | 你不止送了可能会害死我的梨子 |
[35:04] | you sent a card | 你还寄了一张卡片 |
[35:06] | with a one-line Hallmark message and a typed-out signature: | 上面写着一句官方悼词 加个打印版的签名 |
[35:11] | “From the team.” | “来自团队” |
[35:16] | And for all this, Tyler, I thank you. | 你做的这一切 泰勒 我谢谢你 |
[35:19] | You see, for days, I’ve been plagued by this question: | 这些天 我一直都被一个问题困扰着 |
[35:22] | How do I honor my father’s legacy? | 我应该如何悼念我的父亲 |
[35:26] | Then I realized, I honor it by | 后来我意识到 我应该 |
[35:29] | taking what I’ve learned from how he lived his life | 从他的生活方式中学以致用 |
[35:31] | and having it shape the way I go on living mine. | 然后指导我形成自己的生活方式 |
[35:33] | And so, here it is, Tyler. | 所以我告诉你 泰勒 |
[35:38] | I quit. | 我辞职 |
[35:39] | – Hold on. – No hard feelings, man. | -等等 -不必难过 |
[35:41] | I walk out of here in triumph. | 我会昂首挺胸离开这里 |
[35:44] | I came, I saw… I conquered. | 我来过 有所见 有所得 |
[35:52] | Sanjay… | 桑杰 |
[35:54] | it’s all you now, brother. | 一切都归你了 兄弟 |
[35:57] | Peace. | 和平万岁 |
[36:01] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备做什么呢 |
[36:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:15] | Maybe instead of running in the morning, I’ll go for a walk. | 可能早上不跑步 改为散步吧 |
[36:19] | Slow it down a little. | 放慢一点速度 |
[36:22] | Talk to my mailman. | 和邮递员聊聊天 |
[36:25] | That seems like a good way to start the day. | 每一天这样开始 听起来也很不错 |
[36:41] | Does it hurt? | 痛吗 |
[36:44] | Your leg. | 你的断腿 |
[36:45] | You broke the hell out of that leg. | 你这腿简直是粉碎性骨折了 |
[36:47] | Did I? | 有吗 |
[36:48] | You know you did. | 你明知故问 |
[36:50] | I know I did. | 我明知故问 |
[36:54] | So… Novak? | 那诺瓦克呢 |
[36:57] | Oh, yeah, Novak was a no-show. | 诺瓦克没有来 |
[37:00] | Yeah, it doesn’t matter. You know? | 不过不重要 |
[37:04] | Yeah, but you’ve been talking about it for days. | 但是你为这事纠结了好多天 |
[37:07] | It’s because I thought | 那是因为我以为 |
[37:07] | the play was the only thing that mattered. You know? | 这场演出是唯一重要的事情 |
[37:11] | I looked out at that crowd tonight, I saw that empty seat. | 我今晚看向观众席 看到那张座位是空的 |
[37:13] | It made me sad, I’m not gonna lie to you. | 确实有点难过 我不骗你 |
[37:14] | But then I saw the other seats. | 但后来我看到了其他座位 |
[37:17] | You know, I saw my family and… | 我看到了我的家人 |
[37:19] | I saw you all the way back there and I realized | 我看到你在远远的后排 然后我意识到 |
[37:21] | I didn’t come to New York to be in a hit play. | 我来纽约不是为了演一部大热的舞台剧 |
[37:23] | I came to New York to win back my girl. | 我来纽约是为了赢回我女人的芳心 |
[37:27] | My girl who would drag a crutch all the way across town | 为博我欢心 我家妞在上了12小时的班后 |
[37:31] | after a 12-hour shift for a stupid joke. | 大老远跑来送我一个拐杖说冷笑话 |
[37:33] | – 14-hour shift. – Okay. | -14个小时的班 -好吧 |
[37:35] | Great joke. | 不是冷笑话 |
[37:41] | I’m not messing things up with you again. | 我不会再搞砸我们之间的感情 |
[37:44] | And however long it takes for me to convince you of that, I– | 不管你需要多久才会相信… |
[37:49] | I’ll just wait. | 我都会一直等 |
[37:53] | I came here for you, Sophie. | 我是为你来的 索菲 |
[38:17] | Is everything all right? You okay? | 你没事吧 怎么了 |
[38:19] | Yeah, yeah, I’m just looking for weird moles. | 没事 我就找找有没有什么奇怪的痣 |
[38:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:55] | Something simple, yeah. | 简单点的 |
[38:57] | – Right on. – This is the one. | -好的 -就这个了 |
[39:01] | “Told you I’d send you a postcard. | “我说了我会给你寄明信片 |
[39:05] | Good-bye, my dearest Beth. | 永别了 亲爱的贝丝 |
[39:08] | The daughter I never had. | 你就跟我亲闺女一样 |
[39:10] | Love, William.” | 爱你的威廉” |
[39:30] | – Hello. – Hey, Kevin, it’s Ron Howard calling. | -喂 -凯文 我是罗恩·霍华德 |
[39:33] | Hi, Ron Howard. You’re really cute, Randall. | 你好 罗恩·霍华德 别闹了兰德尔 |
[39:35] | What– what the hell number are you calling from? | 你用谁电话打过来的 |
[39:37] | No, no, this is– this is Ron. Ron Howard. | 不不 我是罗恩 罗恩·霍华德 |
[39:39] | This is– this is my number. | 这是我的电话 |
[39:42] | Wow. Okay… | 天呐 好吧 |
[39:45] | I am a huge fan of yours. | 我是你的骨灰级迷弟 |
[39:48] | Now, what-what-what– what can I do for you? | 你找我有什么事啊 |
[39:49] | Well, my 16-year-old niece is visiting us, | 我十六岁的侄女来我家了 |
[39:52] | and against my better judgment, | 虽然我不愿意 |
[39:53] | we decided to take her to this– this little play | 但我们还是决定带她去看一部剧 |
[39:57] | because it starred her favorite actor in the world, The Manny. | 因为这部戏的男主是她的男神 “奶爸” |
[40:02] | You were at my play? | 你去看我的剧了 |
[40:03] | And I-I’m sorry to be calling you so late, | 我很抱歉这么晚打给你 |
[40:04] | but I-I just– I just had to tell you, | 但我就是想告诉你 |
[40:07] | man, you were phenomenal. | 天呐 你演得太棒了 |
[40:10] | I– wow, thank you. I, um… | 我… 谢谢你… |
[40:12] | So, here’s the thing: | 是这样的 |
[40:14] | I’m prepping a movie right now that I’m gonna direct. | 我正准备执导一部电影 |
[40:16] | It-it shoots in a couple of months in Los Angeles. | 几个月后在洛杉矶开拍 |
[40:20] | You would be perfect. | 你来演最合适了 |
[40:22] | – I would? – Absolutely. | -真的吗 -绝对是 |
[40:23] | I’d really like to send you this script. | 我很想把剧本发给你 |
[40:30] | Hey, Carol, it’s Jack Pearson. | 凯洛琳 我是杰克·皮尔森 |
[40:34] | I was wondering if it wasn’t too much trouble | 我想麻烦你个事 |
[40:36] | for the kids to stay the night tonight? | 能不能让孩子今晚在你那里过夜 |
[40:38] | That’s great, thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[40:40] | Thank you. Yeah, I’ll… | 谢谢 我… |
[40:42] | I’ll be by in the morning to pick ’em up. | 我明早过去接他们 |
[40:44] | Hey. Can I– can I speak to Kate, please? | 我能跟凯特说句话吗 |
[40:48] | Wasn’t he great? | 他是不是特别棒 |
[40:50] | I mean, I’ve always told Kevin he was great, | 我总是跟凯文说他特别棒 |
[40:52] | but this is beyond what he’s ever done. | 但这次简直超出了他以往的所有表现 |
[40:55] | And to see him up there, | 看到他站在台上 |
[40:57] | not just pursuing his passion, but freaking crushing it? | 不仅追随他的梦想 还表演得那么精彩 |
[41:00] | He was so inspiring. | 他的表现太鼓舞人心了 |
[41:01] | – He was awesome. – Yeah. | -他表演得很棒 -是啊 |
[41:05] | Hey, I thought we were gonna talk about… | 我们不是要谈下… |
[41:09] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[41:15] | Yeah, you’re right. You-You’re right. | 对 你说得没错 说得对 |
[41:18] | I mean, if we’re gonna start… | 如果我们要… |
[41:21] | a life together in L.A., | 在洛杉矶一起生活 |
[41:24] | then there is something that I need to tell you. | 那我确实得告诉你一些事 |
[41:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:29] | You remember when I told you I… | 你记得我告诉你… |
[41:32] | couldn’t talk about my dad’s death? | 我不能谈我爸的死吗 |
[41:33] | Yeah, of course. | 当然记得 |
[41:37] | Well, that’s because it’s my fault. | 因为那是我的错 |
[41:44] | I’m the reason that he’s dead. | 他其实是我害死的 |
[41:48] | Hey, princess, it’s Dad. | 小公主 我是爸爸 |
[41:51] | I wanted to tell you something. | 我要告诉你一件事 |
[41:52] | I-I wanted– I wanted you to know that you were right. | 我想让你知道 你说得没错 |
[41:57] | I’m gonna fix things with your mom. | 我会修复好我和你妈的感情 |
[42:01] | I love you, Katie girl. | 我爱你 凯特宝贝 |
[42:06] | All right, you have fun with your friends. | 好了 去跟你的朋友玩吧 |
[42:08] | Bye. | 再见 |