时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | Beth, I want to adopt a baby. | 贝丝 我想收养一个孩子 |
[00:06] | I realize I didn’t come to New York to be in a hit play. | 我意识到我来纽约不是为了演部大热的舞台剧 |
[00:08] | I came to New York to win back my girl. | 我来纽约是为了赢回我女人的芳心 |
[00:11] | – Hello. – Hey, Kevin, it’s Ron Howard. | -喂 -凯文 我是罗恩·霍华德 |
[00:13] | I’m prepping a movie right now that I’m gonna direct. | 我正准备执导一部电影 |
[00:16] | It shoots in Los Angeles. | 在洛杉矶开拍 |
[00:17] | You would be perfect. | 你来演最合适了 |
[00:19] | I know what I want to do. | 我知道我该做什么了 |
[00:20] | I want to sing. | 我想唱歌 |
[00:23] | – What the hell was that? – Sorry. | -你这是什么意思 -对不起 |
[00:25] | Don’t punish her because I crossed the line. | 别因为我的越界而惩罚她 |
[00:26] | Hey, Bec? What’d you say? | 小贝 你说什么 |
[00:29] | Hey, hey, come on. Come on. | 住手 别这样 |
[00:31] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[00:34] | I think you should go stay with Miguel for a while. | 我觉得你应该去跟米格尔待一段时间 |
[00:47] | Things not said, advice not given, | 未说出的话语 未给出的建议 |
[00:51] | envelopes unstamped, regrets enveloping me. | 未寄出的信封 处处都是遗憾 |
[01:01] | Is it easier there? I wonder. | 你是否过得更好 我想知道 |
[01:05] | I ponder, I guess. Yes. | 我思索 我猜想 应该是吧 |
[01:09] | I guess, yes. | 我想 是吧 |
[01:20] | What’s Mom doing back? | 妈怎么回来了 |
[01:26] | Do you think of me as I do of you, my son? | 你会像我想你一样想起我吗 我的儿子 |
[01:30] | My son. | 我的儿子 |
[01:32] | My… son. | 我的…儿子 |
[01:33] | You’re a cutie, aren’t you? | 你真可爱 对不对 |
[01:35] | Oh, you’re the cutest baby in the world. | 你真是世上最可爱的宝宝 |
[01:38] | Yes, you are. Yes, you are. | 你最可爱啦 最可爱啦 |
[01:41] | Oh, my goodness. | 萌化我了 |
[01:42] | – Randall? – Yes. | -兰德尔 -在 |
[01:44] | We’ve really got to get our day going, Randall. | 我们真的得走了 兰德尔 |
[01:46] | Oh, of course. Sorry. | 好 我明白 抱歉 |
[01:47] | No. All this talk about adoption is giving me baby fever, right? | 最近考虑收养孩子 所以对小孩有点着迷 |
[01:50] | *I got baby fever* | *我好喜欢宝宝* |
[01:52] | *He got baby fever…* | *我好喜欢宝宝* |
[01:55] | Okay, that’s gonna have to do it for today, buddy. | 今天就到这儿吧 兄弟 |
[01:56] | Yeah, you’re right. Sorry. | 好 你说得对 不好意思 |
[01:59] | Happy birthday, Randall. | 生日快乐 兰德尔 |
[02:00] | Thanks, guys. It’s gonna be a great year. | 谢了 今年肯定会很精彩 |
[02:03] | The things you’ll do, I’ll never know. | 你所做的事 我将一无所知 |
[02:06] | The pain. | 你的痛苦 |
[02:08] | The secrets. | 你的秘密 |
[02:13] | Mom, where’s Dad? | 妈 爸呢 |
[02:14] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing’s wrong. | -出什么事了 -没出什么事 |
[02:16] | Everything’s fine. | 都挺好的 |
[02:17] | We’re gonna sit down and explain everything to you guys. | 我们会把事情跟你们解释清楚 |
[02:20] | Oh, to be given a chance, | 多想有一个机会 |
[02:23] | a start, the restart, | 一个开始 重新开始 |
[02:25] | the fresh start. | 全新的开始 |
[02:28] | The crowd goes wild! | 观众会为你疯狂的 |
[02:31] | You are gonna crush this audition, babe. | 这次试唱你肯定没问题 宝贝 |
[02:34] | You’re gonna crush it. | 你会惊艳全场 |
[02:35] | Oh, you think? | 真的吗 |
[02:36] | Oh, man. All right. | 太厉害了 来 |
[02:41] | That is so sweet. | 你好贴心 |
[02:42] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[02:45] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[02:46] | – Make a wish. – Okay. | -许愿吧 -好 |
[02:51] | – Ow, ow, ow, no, no. – Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. | -好烫 -天哪 对不起 |
[02:54] | Will love come for you, as it did for me? | 你是否会遇见爱情 就像我当初一样 |
[02:57] | Find you, wreck you, | 爱会找到你 击倒你 |
[02:59] | save you, change you? | 拯救你 改变你 |
[03:02] | Sophie got carried away. | 索菲玩得有点过火 |
[03:04] | Baby, I love you, | 宝贝 我爱你 |
[03:07] | and I wanted to bring you to the perfect place | 我想带你去最完美的地方 |
[03:09] | and I wanted to say the perfect thing. | 对你说出最完美的话 |
[03:12] | But I can’t say the perfect thing | 但我无法做到完美 |
[03:13] | because you are the perfect thing. | 因为你才是我的完美 |
[03:16] | So, what do you say? | 我想听你的回答 |
[03:20] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[03:24] | And cut. | 卡 |
[03:25] | Very nice, very nice, Kevin. | 非常好 非常好 凯文 |
[03:27] | I could feel the tennis ball welling up. | 我能感觉到那颗网球都快要哭了 |
[03:29] | Really? So, when we film Emma’s side, | 是吗 到时候拍爱玛那段时 |
[03:30] | we just… plop her down in there like that? | 就那样把她扔进去吗 |
[03:33] | Well, it’s a little more complex than just plopping, | 没你说的这么简单 |
[03:35] | but, uh, yeah. | 不过差不多吧 |
[03:37] | Huh, I mean, technology, huh? It’s crazy. | 是吗 这年头的科技可真疯狂 |
[03:40] | Yeah, it is, and you know what else is kind of crazy, Kevin? | 没错 你知道还有什么疯狂的事吗 凯文 |
[03:44] | *Happy birthday to you.* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[03:48] | And if life breaks for you | 如果生活向你展露美好 |
[03:49] | the way it would not break for me, | 那种我未曾体会的美好 |
[03:51] | if love hunts you, finds you, captures you, | 如果爱将你追寻 发现 俘获 |
[03:54] | will you hold it tight… | 你是否会将爱抱紧 |
[03:57] | nurture it, protect it? | 滋养它 保护它 |
[04:00] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[04:02] | I hope you will. | 希望你这样做 |
[04:04] | I hope you can. | 希望你做得到 |
[04:05] | What the hell is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[04:09] | This father’s advice is not required, | 你不需要这位父亲的建议 |
[04:11] | it has no call, | 它无足轻重 |
[04:13] | so instead I’ll share some from another. | 因此 我给你另一位父亲的忠告 |
[04:16] | Hi, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[04:17] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[04:18] | It’s better to have loved and lost | 爱过却失去 |
[04:20] | than to never have loved at all. | 总好过从未爱过 |
[04:29] | Your mom and I want to talk to you. | 我和你们妈妈有话要说 |
[04:44] | Uh, your father and I thought | 我和你们爸爸一致认为 |
[04:46] | that it was important to be honest with you guys | 关于现在的情况 应该对你们 |
[04:48] | about what’s going on. | 开诚布公 |
[04:51] | Ben… from the band, | 乐队的…本 |
[04:53] | was pretty inappropriate, | 做了些不恰当的举动 |
[04:55] | and your father came to surprise me, | 正赶上你们爸爸过来给我个惊喜 |
[04:57] | and he got upset, | 他很生气 |
[04:59] | and I left the tour. | 我退出了巡演 |
[05:02] | We had a pretty difficult night. | 昨晚我们大吵了一架 |
[05:05] | And now we’re just taking a moment to… | 现在我们需要点时间… |
[05:10] | catch our breath. | 冷静冷静 |
[05:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:13] | Catch your breath. | 冷静冷静 |
[05:15] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:17] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[05:19] | Are you getting a divorce? | 你们要离婚吗 |
[05:20] | – No, no, no. – Of course not. | -不不不 -当然不是 |
[05:22] | – We… – No, no, we’re just taking | -我们… -不 我们只是… |
[05:23] | – a couple of days for ourselves. – Yeah. | -彼此都要缓几天 -没错 |
[05:25] | – I’m gonna go stay at Miguel’s house. – Yes. | -我会去米格尔家住几天 -对 |
[05:27] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[05:29] | Well, I’ll go with Dad. | 那我跟爸爸 |
[05:30] | – Kate, stop. – But, Dad… | -凯特 别这样 -可是爸… |
[05:33] | – Stop. – Well, this is… No, this is insane! | -别说了 -这真是…这太扯了 |
[05:35] | Bug… | 宝贝 |
[05:36] | No. Are you… | 不 你们真是… |
[05:42] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[05:48] | Would you give your mom and I a sec, buddy? | 能让我和你妈单独待一会儿吗 小子 |
[05:53] | “Buddy.” | “小子” |
[06:06] | They’re gonna be fine. | 他们会没事的 |
[06:14] | We’ll be fine. | 我们都会没事的 |
[06:17] | Bec… | 小贝 |
[06:18] | No, not yet. | 不 还不行 |
[06:25] | I need to stop feeling so… | 要等我不再觉得那么… |
[06:29] | disappointed. | 失望 |
[06:32] | I need to feel something else first. | 我得先有点别的感觉 |
[06:39] | But we’ll talk soon. | 但不会太久 到时再聊 |
[06:49] | And some freshly squeezed orange juice, and voila. | 再来一点鲜榨的橙汁 上桌 |
[06:53] | Eat up, monsters. | 多吃点 小鬼们 |
[06:54] | – Daddy? – Yeah, baby? | -爸爸 -怎么了 宝贝 |
[06:55] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[06:57] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[06:58] | – Hey-yo! – Thank you, girls. | -开心吗 -宝贝女儿 谢谢你们 |
[07:02] | – Daddy? – Yeah, baby? | -爸爸 -怎么了 宝贝 |
[07:03] | How come Mommy goes to work now, | 为什么现在是妈妈去上班 |
[07:05] | and you stay home and are the girl? | 而你像女孩一样待在家里 |
[07:08] | Annie, who… | 安妮 谁说… |
[07:11] | It is incredibly old-fashioned | 你这话都是老观念了 |
[07:12] | and upsetting that you just said that. | 让人听了真不开心 |
[07:14] | It is perfectly normal for a mommy to go to work | 如今妈妈出去上班而爸爸待在家里 |
[07:16] | and a daddy to stay at home. | 再正常不过了 |
[07:17] | Women can do anything. Look at Hillary Clinton. | 女性可以做任何事 瞧瞧希拉里·克林顿 |
[07:21] | She lost. | 她落选了 |
[07:23] | Yeah, but she almost won. | 对 但她差一点就赢了 |
[07:24] | Just eat your breakfast. | 快把早饭吃了 |
[07:25] | Mmm. Smells good. | 闻着好香 |
[07:27] | They’re eating. | 孩子们在吃饭啊 |
[07:28] | Who, Stacey Dash and Omarosa over there? | 那位性感的职业女性是谁啊 |
[07:31] | Yeah, they’re chowing down. | 她们吃得可香了 |
[07:33] | It good? | 好吃吗 |
[07:35] | Very good. | 很好 |
[07:38] | You ready for this afternoon? | 今天下午的事准备好了吗 |
[07:41] | Yep. | 好了 |
[07:43] | It’s gonna be the best birthday gift ever. | 这将会是最棒的生日礼物 |
[07:48] | – I’m gonna go take a shower. – Okay. | -我去洗个澡 -好 |
[07:59] | Babe, hey. | 亲爱的 |
[08:00] | You’re not on a plane. | 你没在飞机上 |
[08:01] | Why are you not on a plane? | 你为什么没在飞机上 |
[08:02] | It’s-it’s my mom. | 是因为我妈 |
[08:05] | She had a really bad morning, | 她今早状况特别不好 |
[08:06] | and I just, I couldn’t leave her. | 我实在没办法离开她 |
[08:08] | Of course not. No. | 当然 我明白 |
[08:09] | How about now, though? She good? She good now? | 现在怎么样 现在好了吗 |
[08:11] | She has MS, Kevin. She’s never good. | 她有多发性硬化症 是好不了的 |
[08:13] | I’m… I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 很抱歉 |
[08:16] | I’m just… | 我实在是 |
[08:17] | I’m tired and I’m sad, | 我很累 也很难过 |
[08:20] | and I’m gonna miss your birthday. | 我不能来给你过生日了 |
[08:22] | – It’s fine. – No, it’s not. | -没关系的 -不 有关系 |
[08:23] | I wanted to be with you. | 我想陪着你 |
[08:25] | I wanted to be in L.A., | 我想去洛杉矶 |
[08:27] | and I wanted to see Kardashians. | 我还想看看卡戴珊姐妹 |
[08:29] | Well, I was gonna take you to the place | 我本来想带你去 |
[08:30] | where they get their smoothies. | 她们曾吃过冰沙的地方 |
[08:31] | Oh, stop. You’re killing me. | 别说了 我要心痛死了 |
[08:35] | Did I ruin your birthday? | 我没毁了你的生日吧 |
[08:36] | No, of course not. It’s not ruined. | 不 当然没有 没毁 |
[08:38] | The crew got me this cake. | 工作人员送了我个蛋糕 |
[08:39] | A cake with my face on it. | 蛋糕上印着我的脸 |
[08:42] | Kind of cool. | 很不错的 |
[08:44] | Well, I should get back to her. | 我得回去陪她了 |
[08:47] | I’m so sorry, Kevin. | 非常抱歉 凯文 |
[08:48] | Well, listen, the Kardashians aren’t going anywhere. | 好的 听着 卡戴珊姐妹又不会跑 |
[08:50] | – Promise? – I promise. They’re like gremlins. | -你保证 -我保证 她们就像小精灵 |
[08:52] | By next week, there’ll be, like, a bazillion more of ’em. | 等到下周 她们就会出现成千上万个了 |
[08:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:57] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:58] | I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[09:05] | Yeah, I… | 好吧 我… |
[09:06] | yeah, I c… I can’t. | 我受不了了 |
[09:07] | – Ready. – Okay. | -等着呢 -好了 |
[09:09] | If you don’t think this looks good, | 如果你觉得这件不好看 |
[09:11] | you have to tell me. | 必须要告诉我 |
[09:12] | Now, the perfect situation for any man to be in. | 真是每个男人都期待的完美处境啊 |
[09:15] | Okay, you can look. | 好 你可以看了 |
[09:19] | Schwing. | 美呆了 |
[09:20] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[09:21] | They might not even ask you to sing. | 他们可能都不会请你唱歌 |
[09:23] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[09:24] | If that outfit has anything to say about it, | 如果真要对这服装评论一番的话 |
[09:26] | you are absolutely going to be the new lead female singer | 你绝对会成为点评网上 |
[09:30] | of Yelp’s 17th best reviewed wedding band | 第十七届南加州最佳婚礼乐队中 |
[09:33] | in Southern California. | 新崛起的女主唱 |
[09:34] | – Well, I am down two sizes. – I know. | -我瘦了两个号呢 -我知道 |
[09:36] | And it shows. | 很明显啊 |
[09:38] | You think you’re so cute. | 你觉得自己很可爱 |
[09:40] | And you are. | 你确实可爱 |
[09:41] | You actually look like a young Bruce Willis. | 其实你很像年轻版的布鲁斯·威利斯[美国演员] |
[09:44] | Don’t do that. | 别这么说 |
[09:45] | You cannot tell a man who went bald at 25 | 你不能对着一个25岁时就秃顶的男人 |
[09:47] | that he looks like a young Bruce Willis. | 说他像年轻版的布鲁斯·威利斯 |
[09:49] | – It’s too much. – No. | -这太夸张了 -不 |
[09:51] | Do you know what the… sexiest thing about you is? | 你知道你最性感的地方在哪里吗 |
[09:54] | Yeah, my calves. | 知道 我的小腿 |
[09:57] | The sexiest thing about you | 你最性感的地方 |
[09:59] | is how sexy you make me feel. | 就是你让我觉得自己很性感 |
[10:02] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[10:04] | – Kate? – Oh, no! | -凯特 -不 |
[10:08] | Birthday girl. | 寿星女 |
[10:10] | Birthday boy. Where’s Sophie? | 寿星男 索菲呢 |
[10:11] | Canceled. Mom. | 不来了 她妈的事 |
[10:12] | – M.S.? – Yeah. | -多发性硬化 -对 |
[10:13] | – You? – Disappointed. | -你呢 -失望 |
[10:14] | – Want to talk? – No. | -要聊聊吗 -不 |
[10:15] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[10:17] | I love it when you guys talk twin in front of me. | 真喜欢你们在我面前用双胞胎密语交谈 |
[10:19] | Hey, Kevbo. | 小凯老弟 |
[10:20] | Since Sophie is bailing, | 既然索菲放了鸽子 |
[10:21] | does that mean… that we’re gonna have | 是不是意味着 我们就得 |
[10:23] | to cancel the double date tonight? | 取消今晚的四人约会了 |
[10:28] | No. | 不 |
[10:29] | You… It’s still our birthdays, Toby. It’s still our birthday. | 你真是 这还是我们的生日啊 托比 |
[10:31] | My God, give me a break. | 天呐 我得歇会儿 |
[10:32] | By the way, you’re gonna love this place. | 顺便提一句 你绝对会爱上那儿 |
[10:34] | It’s, like, the number one joint in town, okay? | 全城最爽的地方 |
[10:35] | I had to pull strings like frickin’ Geppetto | 为了搞到那里 我各种走后门 |
[10:37] | just to get in there. | 忙得跟盖比特一样 |
[10:38] | – That’s a Pinocchio reference. – Yes. Yeah. | -《木偶奇遇记》中的人物 -我知道 |
[10:40] | Geppetto was a woodworker. | 盖比特是个木匠 |
[10:42] | Wasn’t a… Never mind. | 不是… 算了 |
[10:45] | Let’s take a look at the outfit. | 瞧瞧你这身行头 |
[10:46] | – I want to see. – Yes. What do you think? | -我想看 -好啊 你觉得怎么样 |
[10:48] | It’s great. I mean, you look… Yeah, you’re beautiful. | 挺好的 你看起来很美 |
[10:50] | The only thing is, are you trying too hard? | 就有一点 是不是有点过了 |
[10:52] | – It’s just a question I had. – No. | -就这一个问题 -一点都不过 |
[10:53] | I don’t know. You don’t want to be | 我不知道 你肯定不想成为 |
[10:55] | the girl in the room that’s trying too hard. | 那个打扮得用力过猛的女生 |
[10:56] | – Yeah. – Uh, we like the outfit, so… | -是的 -我们喜欢这身 |
[10:59] | Okay, I have a backup. | 好吧 我还有套替补的 |
[11:00] | – What? I wanted… I wanted… – Come help me, please. | -什么 我喜欢…-过来帮我 拜托 |
[11:02] | I’ll be right back. Gonna help her with this real quick. | 马上回来 很快就帮她整完 |
[11:04] | So glad I gave you that extra key | 真高兴我给你备用钥匙 |
[11:06] | in case of emergencies, Kev. | 以备不时之需 小凯 |
[11:08] | The key was for emergencies! | 那钥匙是紧急情况才用的 |
[11:16] | And then she says she’s too disappointed to talk. | 然后她说太失望了 不想和我说话 |
[11:19] | She says, “Soon. We’ll talk soon.” | 她说”不会太久 到时再聊” |
[11:21] | And then she just… | 接着她就… |
[11:24] | leaves. | 离开了 |
[11:31] | That’s what I get? | 你就这反应吗 |
[11:32] | You’re supposed to be a guy who says things, | 你该是说些什么开解我的人 |
[11:33] | and-and I get “Oof.” | 结果就”呼”的一声 |
[11:39] | You make each other better. | 你们让彼此成长 |
[11:42] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你们不会有事的 |
[11:44] | Yeah, she’s gonna call. | 对 她会来电话的 |
[11:46] | – ‘Course. – Today. | -当然 -就今天 |
[11:48] | Yeah, that phone is gonna ring, | 那部电话很快就会响了 |
[11:50] | and I’m gonna be home before tonight. | 今晚之前我就能回到家 |
[11:52] | We’ve got some things to work on, yeah, sure, | 我们之间是存在一些问题 |
[11:55] | of course, but… it’s okay. | 当然有 但…不是什么大问题 |
[11:58] | Hey, no sheets. | 不用铺床单了 |
[12:00] | Look… sheets are for long-term guests. | 久住的客人才需要床单 |
[12:02] | I’m not a long-term guest. | 我不会在这儿住太久的 |
[12:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:07] | Hey, look, I’m gonna pop into the office, | 我一会儿去趟办公室 |
[12:09] | get a jump on the week. | 这周工作提前准备一下 |
[12:10] | Why don’t you come? | 不如你一起来 |
[12:11] | It’ll take your mind off things. | 能帮你转移点注意力 |
[12:13] | Nah, I just want to be alone. | 不了 我想一个人静静 |
[12:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[12:19] | It’s all yours, man. | 归你了 兄弟 |
[12:22] | Hey. Thanks. | 谢了 |
[12:24] | For saying the thing. | 谢谢你说的那些话 |
[12:27] | Sorry about the “Oof.” | 抱歉一开始的”呼” |
[12:32] | She’s gonna call. | 她会打过来的 |
[12:54] | So… how was the party? | 对了 派对怎么样 |
[13:10] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[13:11] | – We’re gonna go to the movies. – I don’t want to… | -咱们去看电影 -我不想去… |
[13:13] | We’re gonna go to the movies. | 咱们去看电影 |
[13:14] | We’re gonna go see the one with Tom Hanks | 我们去百万影院看那部 |
[13:16] | at the dollar theater, and we’re gonna… | 汤姆·汉克斯主演的电影 然后 |
[13:18] | give ourselves over to Tom Hanks and he’s gonna make us feel | 我们就会完全沉浸在他的表演里 |
[13:20] | so much better about the mind-blowingly upsetting crap | 脑子里那些让你头痛欲裂的不愉快 |
[13:23] | that’s going on in our heads. | 通通都会消失 |
[13:24] | Yeah? Great. | 好吗 就这么定了 |
[13:26] | It’s gonna be fun. | 肯定会很有趣 |
[13:28] | Now, obviously, what makes private adoption unique | 如您所见 选择私人收养的优势在于 |
[13:31] | is that you are paired with an expectant mother | 我们会安排您与已经决定好 |
[13:33] | who has already committed | 要将自己新出生的孩子 |
[13:34] | – to put her newborn up for adoption. – That’s perfect. | -送与他人领养的准妈妈配对 -很好 |
[13:37] | I was a newborn myself when my parents found me. | 我自己就是刚出生就被父母领养了 |
[13:39] | It’s perfect. Right? | 非常好 是吧 |
[13:42] | It’s common in these situations | 这种情况很常见 |
[13:44] | for one spouse to be the dragger and one to be the drag-ee. | 夫妻中一方主动 而另一方被动 |
[13:48] | It’s important to communicate, | 沟通很重要 |
[13:49] | because– fair warning– | 因为… 友情提醒 |
[13:50] | this process will really get up in your business. | 这些程序真的会很让你头大 |
[13:53] | “Get up in there.” | “放马过来吧” |
[13:55] | That’s what she said. | 她常这么说 |
[13:57] | Fingerprints, background checks. | 指纹采集 背景调查 |
[13:59] | We’ll be interviewing both your daughters | 还会和你们的两个女儿谈话 |
[14:00] | to get a sense of their feelings. | 了解她们的感受 |
[14:01] | We haven’t told the girls yet, | 我们还没告诉她们 |
[14:03] | but they’re gonna love it. | 但她们一定会很开心 |
[14:04] | – A little brother… – Or little sister. | -多个小弟弟 -或者小妹妹 |
[14:06] | Or brother. Hey, is that something we can request? | 或者小弟弟 这个可以提要求吗 |
[14:09] | I mean, I love me some headstrong sisters, | 虽然我很喜欢调皮的小姑娘 |
[14:11] | but they run pretty deep in my house, | 但她们在房子里挺能闹腾的 |
[14:12] | if you know what I’m saying. | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[14:13] | He wants a boy. | 他想要个男孩 |
[14:15] | He wants to adopt a little boy, | 他想领养一个小男孩 |
[14:16] | because he was a little boy when he was adopted. | 因为他被领养时年纪就很小 |
[14:18] | Yeah. I mean, I guess that’s part of it. | 是的 这算是一部分原因 |
[14:20] | He wants to honor his two fathers | 他想通过重现自己的经历 |
[14:21] | by replicating the exact same situation he had. | 来纪念他的两个父亲 |
[14:24] | Well, I don’t know if I would put it that… | 也不能这么说吧… |
[14:25] | Hey, Mary, let me ask you. | 玛丽 我问一句 |
[14:26] | You have any kids laying around that were left at a fire station? | 你们这有没有被遗弃在消防局的小孩子 |
[14:30] | ‘Cause that might really scratch my husband’s itch. | 因为那应该会非常符合我丈夫的心意 |
[14:43] | Well, as you can see, | 你也看见了 |
[14:44] | we’re not afraid of honest, open communication. | 我们很愿意开诚布公地沟通 |
[14:51] | Are you fake smoking? | 你在假装抽烟吗 |
[14:55] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:09] | Do you not want to adopt? | 你不想领养孩子吗 |
[15:11] | Does it matter what I want? | 我的想法重要吗 |
[15:14] | We only ever talk about what you want, Randall. | 我们向来只关注你想要什么 兰德尔 |
[15:17] | You want to adopt. | 你想领养孩子 |
[15:19] | You want to honor your fathers. | 你想纪念你的父亲 |
[15:21] | I know this has been a weird year for you, | 我知道你今年过得跌宕起伏 |
[15:23] | and I am trying to be supportive, | 我也在尽力支持你 |
[15:25] | but this is becoming, like… a weird pattern. | 但现在已经陷入了一种…奇怪的模式 |
[15:29] | Okay, I hear you. | 好的 我明白了 |
[15:30] | We’re partners, in everything. | 我们是伴侣 任何时候都是 |
[15:33] | But 37 years ago, my parents chose me, | 但37年前 我父母选择了我 |
[15:36] | and that’s why I’m here with you right now. | 所以我现在才能和你在一起 |
[15:39] | This isn’t going away for me, Beth. | 我永远不会忘记 贝丝 |
[15:41] | You need to get your head around it. | 你得想办法去理解这一点 |
[15:50] | Hey… Beth. | 贝丝 |
[15:52] | No. I’m not throwing down with you in an adoption parking lot. | 不 我不想在领养中心的停车场跟你吵架 |
[15:56] | Can we just go… | 我们能… |
[16:16] | All right, guys, there’s a lot of you. | 好了朋友们 你们人很多 |
[16:18] | We’re gonna be here into the night. | 我们可能会进行到晚上 |
[16:20] | It may seem like overkill, | 再次强调一下 |
[16:21] | but this is a big opportunity. | 这是一次很重要的机会 |
[16:23] | Make sure you sign the sheet, and we’ll call you. | 请确认填好表格 到时我们会叫你 |
[16:25] | Make it quick… | 做到速战速决 |
[17:14] | I have no life. | 我没有自己的生活 |
[17:16] | – I am a freakin’ ghost! – Oh, you know what? That is… | -我他妈就是个幽灵 -原来如此 |
[17:19] | No, no, no, no. Admit to me | 不不不 你承认吧 |
[17:20] | that you hated the fact that I had something happening for myself. | 承认你不喜欢我出去做喜欢的事 |
[17:23] | I hated that you lied about working with your ex-boyfriend. | 我生气是因为你和前男友一起工作却没告诉我 |
[17:26] | No, that’s total BS, Jack. | 不 别扯了 杰克 |
[17:28] | You hated the fact that I was singing again. | 你是生气我又回去唱歌了 |
[17:29] | I was fine with it! | 我不反对你唱歌啊 |
[17:30] | No, you didn’t want me to have a career. | 不 你不希望我拥有自己的事业 |
[17:32] | Career? | 事业 |
[17:32] | You are a 40-year-old woman singing covers in pubs! | 一个四十岁的女人去酒吧里翻唱 |
[17:35] | That is not a career, Rebecca! | 这算什么事业 丽贝卡 |
[17:37] | That is ridiculous! | 简直太可笑了 |
[17:43] | Want some? | 来点吗 |
[17:45] | Sure. | 好 |
[17:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:51] | I think Randall’s finally gonna make his move. | 我觉得兰德尔终于要开始行动了 |
[17:57] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[17:59] | Are you kidding me? | 你说怎么了 |
[18:02] | Could I have some, too? | 我可以吃一点吗 |
[18:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:04] | – Hi, sweetheart. – Mommy. | -亲爱的 -妈咪 |
[18:06] | Ooh. Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[18:08] | Right there. | 谢谢 |
[18:13] | Beth’s struggling with the adoption. | 贝丝不太同意领养孩子 |
[18:15] | I thought that she was on board. | 她之前不是挺赞成的吗 |
[18:17] | Yeah, I did, too. | 是啊 我也以为 |
[18:20] | How did you guys decide? | 你们当初是怎么决定的 |
[18:22] | With me. | 收养我 |
[18:24] | There was nothing to decide– the moment we saw you… | 根本不用做决定 我们一看见你… |
[18:27] | You knew. | 就决定了 |
[18:28] | That’s a hell of a story, Ma. | 这个故事很精彩 妈 |
[18:30] | One of my favorites. | 我最爱听的之一 |
[18:36] | I know you guys didn’t have a perfect marriage. | 我知道你们的婚姻并不完美 |
[18:39] | You’d just lost a child, and you both just wanted me? | 当时你们刚失去一个孩子 就都想领养我吗 |
[18:43] | Right away? Just like that? | 就这么快吗 这么简单吗 |
[18:49] | It’s complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[18:51] | That’s something people say | 人们不想说实话的时候 |
[18:52] | when they don’t want to tell the truth. | 就会说这句话 |
[19:19] | That little guy, right there. | 那个小家伙 |
[19:25] | He wound up here. | 他被送来了这里 |
[19:28] | Exact same place, exact same day. | 同一天 同一地点 |
[19:34] | Just… look at him, Bec. | 你看看他 小贝 |
[19:38] | Placed right there, right next to ours. | 恰好躺在这里 在我们的孩子旁边 |
[19:43] | Can’t you just feel it? | 你感受到了吗 |
[19:46] | You know, can’t you just… see it? | 感受到冥冥之中的天意了吗 |
[19:51] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[19:54] | But your father was so sure. | 但你爸爸是那么笃定 |
[19:57] | I was tired and I was grieving, | 我当时又累又伤心 |
[20:00] | and he just kept pushing me. | 可他在一直劝说我 |
[20:03] | He was so determined that you were meant to be. | 他坚信 你就是我们的命中注定 |
[20:07] | Meant to be ours. | 注定属于我们 |
[20:11] | Sometimes, in marriage, | 有些时候 在婚姻中 |
[20:14] | someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves. | 必须有人带头做出重大决定 |
[20:18] | And oftentimes in our marriage, yes, it was your father. | 在我们的婚姻中 那个人通常是你父亲 |
[20:24] | Our marriage wasn’t perfect, it’s true. | 确实 我们的婚姻并非完美 |
[20:27] | But none are. | 可完美的婚姻不存在 |
[20:30] | And your father wasn’t perfect, either. | 你父亲也不是完美的 |
[20:33] | But he was pretty damn close. | 但他绝对非常接近了 |
[20:36] | As close as they come. | 可以说是最接近完美的 |
[20:43] | He pushed… A stranger on me. | 他劝我接纳了…一个陌生人 |
[20:47] | And that stranger became my child. | 而那个陌生人成了我的孩子 |
[20:51] | And that child became my life. | 后来那个孩子成了我的生命 |
[20:55] | He became you. | 那就是你 |
[21:18] | Road tripping to Memphis like teenagers. | 学小年轻去孟斐斯旅行 |
[21:22] | You’re gonna be the death of me, old man. | 你这老头 早晚把我折腾死 |
[21:25] | I can get a bit bullheaded when I want something bad. | 我特别想做一件事时就会很顽固 |
[21:32] | Don’t think that I ever thanked you for taking me in. | 你收留我 我好像一直没感谢过你 |
[21:34] | Oh, you definitely did not. | 你确实没有 |
[21:40] | You know he brought you home without even asking me? | 你知道他带你回来甚至没问过我的意见吗 |
[21:44] | First you. | 先是你 |
[21:46] | Then his brother. | 然后是他哥哥 |
[21:49] | He wanted something and then he just… | 他如果想怎么样 就会… |
[21:51] | went ahead and did it. | 毫不犹豫直接去做 |
[21:54] | Bullheaded. | 顽固 |
[21:55] | Like father, like son. | 有其父必有其子 |
[21:56] | Well, I’ll take that compliment. | 我接受你的夸奖 |
[22:00] | Take that compliment any day. | 这句夸奖我永远甘之如饴 |
[22:06] | Didn’t turn out so bad, though, huh? | 最后的结果也不赖 对吧 |
[22:08] | Things that he pushed on you? | 他自作主张做的事 |
[22:12] | No, you’re all right, old man. | 对 你住到家里来挺好的 |
[22:15] | Could have done without the Manny in my basement for a year, | 奶爸在我家地下室住一年并不美好 |
[22:17] | but you’re all right. | 但你还不错 |
[22:21] | So you like my spot, huh? | 你喜欢我这个地方吗 |
[22:23] | Yeah, I do. | 喜欢 |
[22:26] | I like to come here. | 我喜欢来这里 |
[22:28] | Reminds me of home. | 让我想起家乡 |
[22:31] | Reminds me of me. | 让我想起自己 |
[22:33] | A little less fancy than your neighborhood. | 没你家小区那么高档 |
[22:35] | A little less white. | 没那么”白人” |
[22:36] | Yeah, there’s that, too. | 对 这也算是个原因 |
[22:47] | Come on, you’ve got to give me something. | 拜托 你总得跟我讲点细节吧 |
[22:49] | Did any of the other girls sing Sinead? | 有其他女生唱西尼德的歌吗 |
[22:50] | What did they say when you were done? | 你唱完他们说什么了 |
[22:52] | Come on, I have been | 拜托 我一整天 |
[22:53] | on the edge of my seat all day. | 都一直坐立不安 |
[22:56] | I don’t know, it was just regular audition stuff. | 不知道啊 就是普通的试唱 |
[23:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:05] | Oh, my God. Where is everyone? | 天啊 人都哪去了 |
[23:08] | Excuse me. Is this the, uh… | 不好意思 你确定… |
[23:11] | is this the hottest restaurant in town? | 这家是全城最火爆的餐厅吗 |
[23:12] | I bought the whole place out. | 我包场了 |
[23:13] | It’s a birthday dinner. | 生日晚宴嘛 |
[23:15] | Come on. This is nice. | 真好 |
[23:16] | – It’s cool, right? – Yeah. | -挺不错的吧 -是啊 |
[23:17] | Yeah. Okay, wait, do you want your sister | 好 稍等 你想让你妹妹 |
[23:19] | to sit across from you, next to you, | 坐你的对面 还是你旁边 |
[23:21] | or just straight in your lap? | 还是直接坐你腿上 |
[23:23] | Across from me is fine. | 坐对面就好 |
[23:24] | Sorry. Sit down. | 不好意思 请坐 |
[23:25] | That gentleman right there, that is Aito. | 里面那位先生 他叫艾托 |
[23:27] | He is a genius. | 他是个天才 |
[23:29] | He’s from Top Chef, or Iron Chef, or Amazing Race. | 上过《顶级厨师》《铁人大厨》《极速前进》 |
[23:32] | You are a TV star, Aito! | 绝对的电视巨星啊 艾托 |
[23:35] | The guy loves me. | 他超爱我的 |
[23:36] | – Oh, wow, look at that. – Thank you. | -快看呐 -谢谢 |
[23:38] | Oh, there’s a… a wine for every fish. | 每条鱼都配一杯酒 |
[23:40] | Okay, I’d like to make a toast. | 我想说点祝酒词 |
[23:43] | To the birthday girl. | 敬我们的女寿星 |
[23:44] | – And the birthday boy. – Thank you. | -还有男寿星 -谢谢 |
[23:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:49] | I would just like to say | 我想说 |
[23:51] | that I am very proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[23:53] | So, cheers. | 干杯 |
[23:56] | You know what, Tobe? I actually didn’t go to the audition | 小托 其实我没去参加试唱 |
[23:58] | I bailed before I even got in the room. | 我还没进屋就跑了 |
[24:02] | What? Why, after all that hard work? | 为什么 你准备了这么久 |
[24:04] | I know. Believe me, | 是吧 我也觉得 |
[24:05] | I felt the same way when she told me earlier. | 她之前告诉我时 我也这么想 |
[24:07] | – When she… – But… yeah. | -她告诉你… -但是我懂 |
[24:08] | But let me tell you, you don’t know what it’s like | 你们根本不知道 |
[24:10] | being in those rooms, man, it’s horrible. | 那种屋子里的气氛有多可怕 |
[24:11] | You know how many times I’ve walked into a room | 你们知道我有多少次走进去 |
[24:13] | and I wanted to bail when I saw | 就想临阵脱逃吗 |
[24:13] | James Marsden ready to read? | 因为看到詹姆斯·麦斯登准备读台词 |
[24:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:17] | You told… | 你居然… |
[24:19] | Okay, wow. | 好吧 |
[24:22] | Toby… Toby. | 托比 托比 |
[24:50] | Went to see my mom. | 刚去见我妈了 |
[24:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:56] | You know she didn’t want to adopt me at first? | 你知道她一开始并不想收养我吗 |
[24:59] | My father pushed. | 是我爸说服了她 |
[25:06] | I love my parents. | 我爱我的父母 |
[25:08] | I loved them together. | 我爱他们在一起的样子 |
[25:11] | But I don’t want to be them. | 但我不想像他们那样 |
[25:16] | My mother said there’s no such thing | 我妈说世上根本不存在 |
[25:18] | as a perfect marriage. | 完美的婚姻 |
[25:20] | But on that, I have to disagree with my mother. | 但这一点上 我不同意她的看法 |
[25:23] | I didn’t think that was allowed. | 你居然会不同意你妈的说法 |
[25:25] | Today I’m allowing it. | 我今天就不同意了 |
[25:27] | Because we’re perfect, Beth. | 因为我们是完美的 贝丝 |
[25:30] | And I know this, you see, because I’m a perfectionist. | 我很确定 因为我是个完美主义者 |
[25:33] | So that’s kind of my bag, you know? | 这也算是我的包袱 |
[25:36] | Been chasing after it my entire life. | 我一辈子都在追求它 |
[25:39] | Perfection. | 追求完美 |
[25:42] | And I fail… and I fail, and I fail and… | 我一次…又一次地失败… |
[25:48] | the failure leads to self-doubt | 失败到怀疑自己 |
[25:49] | and self-loathing, and it’s all… | 厌恶自己 |
[25:53] | And all this other crap I got | 而所有这些糟糕情绪 |
[25:54] | muddled up inside here. | 都被我闷在心里 |
[25:58] | But when it comes to you and me… | 但我想到你和我的时候… |
[26:01] | baby, there ain’t nothing muddled there. | 宝贝 我没有任何负面情绪 |
[26:06] | We are perfect together. | 我们在一起很完美 |
[26:10] | We are perfectly imperfect. | 我们是最完美的不完美 |
[26:14] | And I didn’t even know that was a thing. | 我都不知道还有这个说法 |
[26:16] | You see, we don’t follow one another, Beth. | 我们从不盲目听从对方 贝丝 |
[26:20] | We don’t push our own plans on each other. | 不会强行让对方接受自己的计划 |
[26:23] | We adjust our plans together. | 我们会调整出双方满意的计划 |
[26:28] | And if I can’t adjust to you, then… | 如果我不能让你满意 那… |
[26:33] | then I have to figure out another way to do this. | 那我只好再想别的办法 |
[26:35] | I’ll volunteer somewhere, | 我可以去当志愿者 |
[26:36] | I’ll… Yes, ma’am? | 还可以… 夫人请说 |
[26:40] | Can I take you somewhere? | 我能带你去个地方吗 |
[26:42] | Where? | 去哪 |
[26:44] | I want to adjust your perfect plan. | 我想调整一下你的完美计划 |
[26:51] | Is it “Perfectly imperfect”? | 最完美的不完美是吗 |
[26:53] | Right. | 是的 |
[26:54] | I like that. | 我喜欢这说法 |
[27:18] | – We open at 8:00. – I was just… | -我们八点开门 -我只是… |
[27:20] | You know, my wife, she sang here a few months back. | 我妻子几个月前在这里唱过歌 |
[27:23] | Rebecca Pearson. | 丽贝卡·皮尔森 |
[27:24] | She sang with a jazz band. | 她和一个爵士乐队一起的 |
[27:26] | Brunette. She’s a knockout. | 褐色头发 大美女 |
[27:29] | Good for her. We open at 8:00. | 是吗 我们八点开门 |
[27:34] | The thing is, she’s not with the band anymore. | 我是想说 她现在没和乐队一起了 |
[27:38] | She’s going solo, and I thought maybe you’d… | 她想一个人唱 所以我在想… |
[27:40] | you’d like to book her for a solo gig, | 你们可以请她来做独唱 |
[27:43] | considering how well she did the first time around. | 你们也知道她之前唱得有多好 |
[27:47] | Is this for real? | 你说真的吗 |
[27:49] | Are you for real right now? | 你是认真的吗 |
[27:51] | Look, come on, I could pay you. | 拜托 我可以付钱给你 |
[27:53] | I’ll pay you to give her a monthly gig. | 我可以付钱给你 让她每个月来唱一次 |
[27:55] | You know, just… once a month. | 每月一次就可以 |
[27:56] | You know, something that… | 就当帮我个忙… |
[27:56] | Hey, hey, hey, pal… | 行了行了 哥们 |
[27:59] | you’re embarrassing yourself and your wife. | 你这样只会让你和你妻子都很难堪 |
[28:02] | We’re booked months in advance, | 我们之后几个月都订满了 |
[28:03] | we don’t do solo acts, I’ve got nothing for you. | 而且也不做个人表演 我帮不了你 |
[28:10] | Okay, thanks. Thanks for the trouble. | 好吧 谢谢 麻烦你了 |
[28:35] | Dude, just… | 哥们 别… |
[28:35] | Come on, hey, listen, man. | 拜托 听我说 兄弟 |
[28:37] | She didn’t want to disappoint you. Do you understand? | 她是不想让你失望 你明白吗 |
[28:39] | And, hey, listen, I know I overdid it with the dinner. | 我知道这顿晚饭我安排得隆重了点 |
[28:42] | My fault, okay, but I was trying | 我的错 好吗 但我是想 |
[28:43] | to take her mind off of the audition. | 让她不要再想试唱的事了 |
[28:44] | That is not your job, Kevin. | 可这不是你的职责 凯文 |
[28:47] | That’s the point, it’s not your job, okay? | 这才是重点 这不是你的职责 好吗 |
[28:49] | I-I… She’s going to be my wife. | 我… 她就快成为我的妻子了 |
[28:51] | I’m supposed to be her person. Not you. All right? | 我才应该是她的依靠 不是你 好吗 |
[28:54] | I’m the one who’s supposed to cheer her up, | 应该由我来哄她开心 |
[28:56] | I’m the one who’s supposed to buy her birthday dinner. | 应该由我来请她吃生日晚餐 |
[28:58] | Then buy the dinner! | 那你付钱不就行了 |
[29:00] | – Split the dinner with me. – I can’t… | -和我一起平摊 -我… |
[29:01] | I can’t afford this crap! | 这么贵我付不起啊 |
[29:03] | Okay? And I hate | 好吗 而且 |
[29:04] | that you pay for meals while we’re out, every time. | 我很讨厌每次出去吃饭都是你付钱 |
[29:07] | What is that? You’re not her father, Kev. | 这算什么 你又不是她爸 小凯 |
[29:09] | And you’re not her husband. | 你也不是她丈夫 |
[29:10] | Okay, stop right there. | 好了 别说了 |
[29:11] | Do not tell me how to take care of my sister. | 不要告诉我该怎么照顾我妹妹 |
[29:13] | I’ve been taking care of her for a really long time. | 我已经照顾她很长时间了 |
[29:14] | Yeah, and how well is that working out for her? | 是吗 那你照顾得怎么样 |
[29:16] | Just fine, thank you vey much. | 挺好的 多谢关心 |
[29:17] | Yeah? She doesn’t need to be coddled. She needs to be pushed. | 是吗 可她不需要溺爱 她需要有人逼她 |
[29:19] | Stop it! Both of you. | 够了 你们两个 |
[29:24] | I’m a 37-year-old woman. | 我已经37岁了 |
[29:27] | And I shouldn’t need to be pushed or coddled. | 我不需要被人逼或被人溺爱 |
[29:32] | Not by a man, not by a husband, | 不管是男人 还是丈夫 |
[29:34] | not by a brother, not by anyone. | 还是哥哥 谁都不需要 |
[29:39] | I don’t even know what you’re saying right now. | 我都不知道你们现在在说什么 |
[29:40] | Just… Ugh… | 真是… |
[29:43] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[29:44] | Back to the audition | 回去试唱 |
[29:45] | to wipe the floor with those bitches. | 虐翻那些小贱人们 |
[29:47] | That’s where I’m going. And don’t follow me. | 我就是要这么做 别跟着我 |
[29:52] | Well, you heard her, so… | 你听到她说的了 所以… |
[29:54] | Don’t do it. | 别去 |
[29:57] | – Don’t… – I’m… | -不要… -我… |
[29:59] | Don’t, do… | 不要… |
[30:00] | Man, she’s my ride. | 不行 她载我来的 |
[30:02] | You have to give me a ride. | 你得送我一程 |
[30:03] | Come on, get in the car. Get… | 好 上车 上… |
[30:05] | How do you… I don’t even… | 怎么开… 我都不知道… |
[30:07] | You reach under the thing, and you… | 就伸手到下面 然后… |
[30:11] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[30:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:18] | I had it bound for you. | 我帮你裱起来了 |
[30:26] | This was his favorite spot. | 这是他最喜欢的地方 |
[30:31] | I’ve been coming here almost every day, | 我最近几乎每天都来这里 |
[30:35] | trying to figure out how I can give you what you want. | 总在想我该怎么做 才能让你得偿所愿 |
[30:40] | Trying to wrap my head around it. | 试图说服自己接受你的决定 |
[30:45] | And I know you have this notion in your mind, | 我知道你心里一直有这个想法 |
[30:48] | this notion of a perfect little newborn | 想找一个完美的新生儿 |
[30:51] | that we could shape and mold from scratch, | 我们就可以从零开始塑造他 |
[30:53] | like Play-Doh, but… | 就像捏橡皮泥 可… |
[30:56] | Randall, if we’re really gonna do this, | 兰德尔 如果我们真要领养孩子 |
[31:00] | I think this is the way. | 我希望照我说的来 |
[31:06] | Your parents did something wonderful for you. | 你父母把你抚养得很好 |
[31:09] | And because of that, you had a wonderful life. | 也正因如此 你有美好的人生 |
[31:12] | But things could have been very different for you. | 但你的成长轨迹也本可能与现在截然不同 |
[31:15] | That could have been you. | 你本可能像他们一样 |
[31:22] | If you really want to do this, if you really want | 如果你真想领养孩子 如果你甘愿为此 |
[31:24] | to risk our perfectly imperfect life for something, | 承担失去我们”完美的不完美”生活的风险 |
[31:30] | let’s go all the way. | 那就放手去做吧 |
[31:33] | Let’s take in an older kid | 不过得收养个大点的孩子 |
[31:34] | who no one else in the whole damn world is gonna help. | 那种在这世上彻底无依无靠的孩子 |
[31:55] | Sorry, we’re all done. | 抱歉 我们已经结束了 |
[31:57] | You have to let me audition. | 你们得让我试试 |
[31:59] | I can do any song on your list. | 单子上的歌我都可以唱 |
[32:01] | I was here before, but I lost my nerve, and I’m a singer. | 我之前来过 可我怯场了 但我会唱歌 |
[32:05] | Well, I used to be more of one when I was kid, but… | 我小时候唱得更好 但是… |
[32:07] | Fine. Which song? | 好吧 哪首歌 |
[32:09] | “Nothing Compares 2 U.” | 《无人可以取代你》 |
[32:10] | Let’s go. All right, guys, one more. | 来吧 大家注意一下 还有一首 |
[32:12] | “Nothing Compares 2 U.” | 《无人可以取代你》 |
[32:15] | I was also thinking that I could just… | 我希望能… |
[32:16] | Two, three, four. | 二 三 四 |
[32:24] | *It’s been seven hours and 15 days* | *已经过去了15天又7个小时* |
[32:32] | *Since you took your love away* | *自从你带着你的爱离去* |
[32:40] | *I go out…* | *即使外出…* |
[32:41] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[32:46] | Okay. Talk to you tomorrow? | 可以了 明天联系你 |
[32:54] | No. | 不 |
[32:55] | No. | 不 |
[32:57] | You will not dismiss me like that. | 你不能就这样赶我走 |
[32:59] | And you will not dismiss me | 不能因为我的外貌不如她 |
[33:00] | because I don’t look like that girl up there. | 你就这么轻易地把我打发走 |
[33:02] | I know I’m not what you imagined, | 我知道自己不符合你的心意 |
[33:04] | but I will not walk out of this room and allow you | 但我不会就这么离开 也不允许你 |
[33:06] | to just give this gig to a lesser singer | 把这个工作交给不如我的歌手 |
[33:08] | because she’s a size two. | 就因为她的衣服比我小号 |
[33:10] | Because I’ve been living versions of that story my entire life, | 因为这种事我这辈子见过无数次了 |
[33:14] | and I can’t do it anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[33:16] | And I won’t do it anymore. | 我不会再忍气吞声 |
[33:26] | Amber. | 安布尔 |
[33:27] | “Nothing Compares 2 U.” | 《无人可以取代你》 |
[33:32] | Two, three, four. | 二 三 四 |
[33:34] | *It’s been seven hours and 15 days* | *已经过去了15天又7个小时* |
[33:39] | *Since you took your love away* | *自从你带着你的爱离去* |
[33:44] | *Since you been gone* | *自你走后* |
[33:46] | *I can do whatever I want.* | *我终于可以为所欲为* |
[33:50] | That’s enough, thanks. | 可以了 谢谢 |
[33:54] | That’s Amber. | 她叫安布尔 |
[33:55] | She’s our backup singer. | 我们的伴唱歌手 |
[33:57] | She was our lead singer, | 她曾经是我们的主唱 |
[33:58] | but we demoted her because she wasn’t good enough. | 但是被我们降级了 因为她还不够好 |
[34:01] | Your pitch is good, but your range is limited | 你音准可以 但音域有限 |
[34:03] | and your falsetto blows; you’re out of practice, right? | 而且假声有点飘 很久不练习了 对吧 |
[34:06] | You can’t waltz in here and compete with girls | 就算你这样冲进来 也不能跟这些 |
[34:07] | who have been honing their craft at open mic nights | 从16岁起就一直在开麦之夜上 |
[34:09] | since they were 16 years old. | 不断磨炼唱功的女孩竞争 |
[34:11] | I-I don’t care what dress size you wear. | 我才不在乎你穿多大衣服 |
[34:13] | It’s… you’re not good enough, honey. | 只是因为你能力不够 亲爱的 |
[34:20] | Toby, she was the one that told me my father had died. | 托比 我父亲的死讯是她通知我的 |
[34:23] | 17 years old, she had to be the one to tell me that. | 她才17岁 却不得不跟我说这种事 |
[34:28] | She’s not just my sister, Toby. | 她不仅仅是我妹妹 托比 |
[34:31] | I’m not just her brother, we… | 我也不仅仅是她哥哥 我们… |
[34:34] | We’ve walked side-by-side through an entire life together, | 自从生下来我们就一直相互陪伴 |
[34:36] | and these things that we’ve experienced are… | 我们经历过的那些事情… |
[34:40] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[34:46] | I’m not that good an actor. | 我其实不算是个好演员 |
[34:51] | I’m not, I’m not-I’m not | 我不行 我… |
[34:52] | really that good at anything, to be honest with you. | 老实告诉你 我干什么都不太行 |
[34:54] | I’m always the guy in the room trying the hardest. | 我总是房间里用力过猛的那个人 |
[35:02] | Being her brother, I… | 作为她哥哥 我… |
[35:04] | I never had to try to be good at that, | 我从来都用不着努力当个好哥哥 |
[35:07] | you know? So… | 你明白吗 所以… |
[35:11] | I can’t just cut the cord that quickly | 就算她遇到了你这个好男人 |
[35:12] | ’cause she met this amazing guy. | 我也做不到那么快就放开她 |
[35:18] | I know. | 我懂 |
[35:22] | I do need you to stretch it a little bit. | 但我真需要你稍微克制一下 |
[35:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:35] | That did not go well. | 不怎么顺利 |
[35:36] | 不不不 没关系 | |
[35:37] | because it wasn’t about my weight or my age, | 因为与我的体重和年龄都无关 |
[35:42] | it was about my lack of ability. | 只是因为我唱功不行 |
[35:43] | Which is fantastic. ‘Cause I can do this. | 这样很好 因为我能做到 |
[35:46] | I know I can do this. | 我知道我能做到 |
[35:49] | Just gonna have to work my way up. | 只是需要努力练习 |
[35:53] | Well. | 好吧 |
[35:54] | But, ooh, I need a drink. | 但是 我得喝一杯 |
[35:55] | Does anyone want a nightcap? | 有谁想睡前喝一杯吗 |
[35:57] | I… I’m-I got an early call. | 我…我明天一大早还有事 |
[36:00] | – So I’m gonna bail on the drink. – Okay. | -所以我就不去了 -好吧 |
[36:03] | – Happy birthday. – Happy birthday. | -生日快乐 -生日快乐 |
[36:05] | And, uh, I’ll let you take it from here. | 然后 剩下就交给你了 |
[36:09] | Drink? | 喝酒去 |
[36:16] | And now, an addendum to my earlier advice, | 如果我有幸 你还在听的话 |
[36:19] | if I’m so lucky as to still have your ear. | 关于之前的建议我还想补充几句 |
[36:23] | I loved you, I lost you. | 我爱你 又失去了你 |
[36:28] | And I advise you, ’twas better | 而且我建议过你 爱过却失去 |
[36:31] | than to never having had loved at all. | 总好过从未爱过 |
[36:39] | But now, with more years, | 但时至今日 经过了这些年 |
[36:40] | with more time, more perspective, | 有了更多阅历 更开阔的视角 |
[36:43] | I see things in a slightly new way. | 我对事物的看法有了些许不同 |
[36:46] | So here, my good son, is a father’s advice, | 所以我的好儿子 给你来自父亲的一则忠告 |
[36:49] | updated and recalled. | 更新修正版的忠告 |
[36:52] | It’s better to have loved and lost, surely… | 爱过又失去 当然要好过不爱 |
[36:57] | but try not to lose it at all. | 但我希望你尽量不要失去 |
[37:00] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[37:05] | Hey, Jack? | 杰克 |
[37:12] | So, I was trying to remember myself tonight, Jack. | 今晚我一直在回想我自己 杰克 |
[37:19] | The person I used to be. | 那个曾经的我 |
[37:20] | And then I started remembering you, too. | 后来我就也开始想到了你 |
[37:23] | And I’m not the only one who gave up on my dreams, Jack. | 放弃梦想的不止我一个人 杰克 |
[37:28] | We both did, right? | 我们都有所牺牲 不是吗 |
[37:31] | And we, we realized an even bigger dream, | 但是 我们共同实现了一个更大的梦想 |
[37:35] | an even more massive dream. | 一个更伟大的梦想 |
[37:36] | And I’m… I’m still really upset, | 虽然我…我还是很生气 |
[37:40] | and I don’t think I’m ready to talk about any of that yet. | 我也还没准备好去讨论那些事 |
[37:42] | But… | 但是 |
[37:45] | I shouldn’t have let you leave. | 我不应该就那样让你离开 |
[37:51] | And not just because of all of the beautiful things you said, | 并不是因为那些你曾说过的漂亮话 |
[37:53] | I shouldn’t have let you leave because that’s not what we do. | 我不应该让你离开 因为我们之间不是这样 |
[37:56] | That’s not who we are, that’s not us. | 我们不是这样的人 这不是我们 |
[37:58] | I know that, that’s not us. | 我确定 我们不是那样的 |
[38:01] | I know that I’m not deeply unhappy, | 我知道自己并不是真的不开心 |
[38:03] | and I’m not unfulfilled, and you’re not an alcoholic, | 也不是真觉得生活空虚 你也不是酒鬼 |
[38:05] | and you’re not your father. | 你和你父亲不一样 |
[38:07] | And even when I watch Tom Hanks, | 哪怕当我在看汤姆·汉克斯 |
[38:08] | I sit there and I think to myself, | 我坐在那里 心里还在对自己说 |
[38:11] | “He’s not so great.” | “他其实也没那么好” |
[38:12] | And who does that? | 谁会那么想 |
[38:13] | Who watches Tom Hanks and thinks, | 谁会看着汤姆·汉克斯 还在想 |
[38:15] | “You know what? I’m married to a man that’s better than that.” | “其实 我嫁的人可比他好得多” |
[38:17] | Bec, you don’t know everything about me. | 小贝 你其实并没有那么了解我 |
[38:22] | – Yes, I do. – No. | -我很了解 -不 |
[38:24] | – I know everything about you. – Rebecca, you don’t know– | -我非常了解你 -丽贝卡 你不知道 |
[38:24] | I’m drunk right now. | 我现在是醉的 |
[38:29] | I have been drunk all day. | 我已经醉了一整天 |
[38:32] | I have been drunk for weeks. | 连续几周我都是这样 |
[38:37] | And I thought I had it under control, like the first time, | 我以为能控制好自己 就像第一次那样 |
[38:40] | but… I have a problem, Rebecca. | 可…我有问题 丽贝卡 |
[38:48] | And I’ve hidden it from you | 而且我一直瞒着你 |
[38:51] | for a very long time. | 瞒了这么长时间 |
[38:55] | And I’ve-I’ve hidden it from our kids. | 我还瞒着咱们的孩子 |
[39:00] | And I need to get a handle on it | 所以我必须把这个问题解决掉 |
[39:02] | before I can walk back into that house. | 这样我才能重新回到咱们家里 |
[39:11] | And I’m sorry, baby, I… | 我很抱歉 宝贝 我 |
[39:18] | I am very embarrassed. | 我真的感到很羞愧 |
[39:22] | And I am very sorry. | 我真的非常抱歉 |
[39:27] | But I need to fix this on my own. | 但是我必须自己解决这个问题 |
[40:07] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[40:11] | Get in the car, Jack. | 上车 杰克 |
[40:15] | You are my husband, and I am your wife, | 你是我的丈夫 我是你的妻子 |
[40:18] | and if you have a problem, we will fix it together. | 如果你出了问题 那我们就一起解决 |
[40:25] | I just need you to get in the car. | 我现在需要你上车去 |
[40:28] | So we can go home. | 这样我们就能回家了 |
[40:30] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[40:35] | Come on, baby. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[40:37] | – Okay. – I need you to get in the car. | -好的 -我需要你上车 |
[40:40] | I need you to get in the car. | 我需要你上车 |
[40:52] | Everything’s gonna be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[40:57] | Jack, look at me. | 杰克 看着我 |
[41:02] | A few months from now, | 只要几个月 |
[41:04] | everything will be back to normal. | 一切都会重回正轨 |
[41:39] | I’m gonna get some pillows. | 我去拿些枕头来 |
[41:44] | We have to find Kev. | 我们必须找到小凯 |
[41:51] | He needs to hear it from me. | 这件事必须让我来告诉他 |
[42:20] | No… | 不 |