时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | I put an ad in the paper | 我在报纸上刊了一则广告 |
[00:05] | looking for my birth parents. | 寻找我的亲生父母 |
[00:06] | I’m looking for Shakespeare. | 我想找莎士比亚 |
[00:07] | I wonder if I could check on him from time to time. | 我能时不时去看看他吗 |
[00:12] | No. | 不行 |
[00:13] | You knew my father? | 你很早就认识我父亲了吗 |
[00:16] | You kept him from me my entire life? | 而你却一直不告诉我他的存在 |
[00:19] | Apparently there was a mix-up. | 看样子出了点差错 |
[00:21] | Our visit wasn’t cleared with… | 这些人不允许我们探视 |
[00:23] | So she’s not coming? | 所以她不会来了吗 |
[00:27] | Deja’s the one good thing I’ve done. | 有黛佳这个女儿是我唯一做过的好事 |
[00:29] | And the second I get out of here, I’m coming back for her. | 我一出狱就会去找她 |
[00:34] | You’re gonna have to go through me. | 你得先过我这一关 |
[00:36] | I’ve been through worse. | 更难的我也经历过 |
[00:42] | – Okay, Number Three, it’s your turn. – It’s your turn. | -第三名 该你了 -到你了 |
[00:44] | Oh, he’s up. He’s walking. | 他起来了 他在走了 |
[00:47] | Tay-buh. | 桌砸 |
[00:48] | – What’d you say? – What did you just say, Randall? | -你说什么 -你刚才说什么 兰德尔 |
[00:51] | – What’d you say? Come here, bud. – Tay-buh. | -你说什么 过来宝贝 -桌砸 |
[00:54] | – Did he say “Table”? – Did you say “Table”? | -你是说桌子吗 -你是不是说桌子 |
[00:55] | The kid can walk and talk? | 他居然又会走又会说话了 |
[00:57] | Of course he can. He’s our Randall. | 当然啦 他是咱家兰德尔嘛 |
[01:01] | *Thanksgiving Dad* | *感恩节爸爸* |
[01:05] | *Thanksgiving Dad is a hot dad. What?* | *感恩节爸爸是性感爸爸 是吧* |
[01:08] | *Making cherry pie…* | *烤个樱桃派* |
[01:11] | Come on, come on. | 好了好了 |
[01:12] | Okay, guys, bedtime. | 乖 该睡觉了 |
[01:14] | Bedtime. | 准备睡觉 |
[01:15] | – No. Come on, one more game. – No, please. | -不不 再玩一局 -拜托拜托 |
[01:16] | No. Brush those beautiful chompers. | 不行 快去刷牙 |
[01:18] | I’ll come tuck you in. Come on. | 待会我去哄你们睡觉 快去 |
[01:19] | Your teeth will thank me one day. | 以后你们的牙齿会感谢我的 |
[01:22] | Hey, why did the iPad go to the dentist? | 对了 为什么iPad要去看牙医 |
[01:27] | It had Bluetooth. | 因为它有蓝牙 |
[01:31] | It’s funny, right? | 挺好笑的吧 |
[01:32] | No. | 不好笑 |
[01:34] | Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants… | 光合作用是绿色植物在可见光照射下 |
[01:43] | …from carbon dioxide and water. | 将二氧化碳和水… |
[01:47] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[01:49] | I was just practicing my presentation. | 就是在准备学校里的展示 |
[01:51] | You know, all this stuff about photosynthesis and, um… | 但是 光合作用什么的 |
[01:56] | – carbon, uh… – Carbon dioxide. | -还有二氧… -二氧化碳 |
[01:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[02:00] | It’s just so much work. | 实在是太难了 |
[02:01] | Come on, you got this. | 你可以的 |
[02:03] | Thanksgiving break’s right around the corner. | 很快就到感恩节假期了 |
[02:04] | And Thanksgiving’s a pretty big deal around here. | 感恩节咱们家可是要大过的 |
[02:06] | A lot of fun traditions. | 有很多有趣的传统 |
[02:08] | You like Police Academy 4? | 你喜欢《警察学校4》吗 |
[02:11] | Oh, you will, Deja. | 你会喜欢的 黛佳 |
[02:13] | You will. | 你会的 |
[02:15] | How are our plants doing tonight? | 今晚这些植物情况如何 |
[02:16] | The one that’s listening to Beyoncé | 听碧昂丝歌曲的那盆 |
[02:18] | is a half inch taller than the others. | 比其他几盆高了3.8厘米 |
[02:21] | Way to go, Queen Bey. | 可以啊 碧昂丝女王 |
[02:22] | Hey, guess they like, uh, | 看来这些植物 |
[02:24] | Lemonade as much as water. | 不只喜欢水 还喜欢柠檬水 |
[02:27] | ‘Cause the name of her album is… | 因为她专辑名字是《柠檬水》 |
[02:28] | Oh, my God, you are so corny. | 天哪 你可真老套 |
[02:30] | If you think that’s corny, how about this? | 你觉得这个老套吗 那这个呢 |
[02:34] | I’m really proud of you for working so hard on this project. | 你为了这个项目这么努力 我很自豪 |
[02:36] | I’ve had a lot of fun doing it with you. | 跟你一起做项目 我很开心 |
[02:41] | “I had fun, too, Foster Dad.” | “我也很开心 养父” |
[02:47] | Don’t say “Foster Dad,” that’s stupid. | 别说”养父” 听起来怪怪的 |
[02:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:54] | Kids in my school are gonna make fun of me | 那些同学看到我这么拼 |
[02:56] | once they see how hard I worked on this. | 肯定会笑我 |
[02:58] | Well, the joke’s on them because working hard | 应该笑他们 因为努力付出 |
[03:01] | is what gets you the big house and the fancy car. | 才能让你住豪宅 开豪车 |
[03:06] | What are you doing here, Shauna? | 你怎么来了 肖娜 |
[03:07] | You shouldn’t be here. You need to leave. | 你不能来这 你得离开 |
[03:10] | – I’m gonna ask you politely one last time. – I need you to leave. | -我再好声好气的说一次 -请你离开这儿 |
[03:12] | – I want to talk to my daughter. – No. | -我想和我女儿说话 -不行 |
[03:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[03:15] | They dropped the charges. | 他们撤销了诉讼 |
[03:17] | I’m here for my daughter. | 我来找我女儿 |
[03:18] | Deja! | 黛佳 |
[03:19] | Deja, come outside! | 黛佳 快出来 |
[03:20] | Don’t call her, okay? | 别喊了 好吗 |
[03:22] | Now, what do you mean? Why did they drop the charges? | 怎么回事 他们为什么撤销诉讼 |
[03:24] | Because I didn’t do anything. | 因为我是清白的 |
[03:26] | Look, I told you it wasn’t my gun. | 听着 我说过那不是我的枪 |
[03:27] | I’m not here to explain myself to you. | 我来不是为给你们解释这些 |
[03:29] | I’m here to get my daughter. | 我是来找我女儿的 |
[03:31] | Deja. | 黛佳 |
[03:32] | – I need you… – Your mother is outside. | -你得… -你妈就在门外 |
[03:33] | – Don’t tell me to… – No, wait. | -别让我… -等等 |
[03:34] | Randall, you guys okay? | 兰德尔 没事吧 |
[03:36] | Yeah, Pat, everything’s okay. | 没错 帕特 一切都好 |
[03:38] | – Thanks. – Okay. | -多谢关心 -好的 |
[03:41] | I’m gonna call Linda. | 我要给琳达打电话 |
[03:42] | You can call whoever the hell you want, | 你想给谁打电话都行 |
[03:44] | but I’m leaving with my daughter. | 但我要带我女儿离开 |
[03:45] | – I just… – Mom? | -我… -妈 |
[03:46] | Dayje. | 小黛 |
[03:49] | Hey, Tater Tot. | 嘿 小丸子头 |
[03:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:54] | They treating you all right? | 他们对你好吗 |
[03:57] | They do this to your hair? | 他们把你头发弄成了这样 |
[03:59] | No. No, I did it. | 不是 我自己弄的 |
[04:01] | I-I like it. | 我蛮喜欢的 |
[04:04] | I’m fine. Mom, what are you doing here. | 我很好 妈 你怎么来了 |
[04:06] | They let me out | 他们把我放了 |
[04:07] | I couldn’t wait come see you. | 我等不及要见到你了 |
[04:10] | I know, but… | 我知道 可… |
[04:12] | you know it doesn’t work like this. | 你知道这样是不行的 |
[04:14] | We got to do it through the social worker. | 我们得让社工出面解决才行 |
[04:16] | Yeah, but she’s not calling me back. | 我知道 可她不回我电话 |
[04:19] | Ms. Linda’s nice. | 琳达女士人很好 |
[04:20] | She’ll get me back home quick. | 她会尽快让我回家的 |
[04:21] | We just need to wait a little longer. | 我们得再耐心等等 |
[04:27] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:29] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[04:31] | Go home, | 回家去吧 |
[04:33] | and wait until Ms. Linda calls you back. | 等着琳达女士给你回电话 |
[04:39] | What would I do without my Dayje? | 没有我的小黛我该怎么办 |
[04:46] | I’ll be back. | 我会再来的 |
[04:47] | We’ll be here. | 恭候大驾 |
[05:00] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:02] | Come on. Let’s go inside. | 走吧 我们进去吧 |
[05:05] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[05:08] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[05:10] | That was Deja’s mom, hon. | 她是黛佳的母亲 宝贝儿 |
[05:12] | Sorry. I know that was very upsetting. | 抱歉 我知道刚刚很吓人 |
[05:15] | She just hadn’t seen Deja in a really long time, | 她只是太长时间没见到黛佳了 |
[05:17] | and she was excited to say hi. | 她很想和她打声招呼 |
[05:19] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[05:21] | Come on. Let’s go to bed. | 走吧 我们睡觉去吧 |
[05:28] | 哈佛大学 入学申请 | |
[05:45] | Jack! Fuse. | 杰克 保险丝 |
[05:47] | Yep. I’m working on it. | 我在接呢 |
[05:50] | Hey, Ivy League, you think you could help me figure out | 常春藤学霸 能帮我看看 |
[05:53] | which one of these is for the first floor? | 是哪根线连着一楼吗 |
[05:56] | I’m not Ivy League yet. | 我还没进常春藤学校呢 |
[05:57] | Yeah, you’re gonna get in. | 你肯定能行 |
[05:59] | Harvard. You know, I just keep saying it. | 哈佛 我会一直挂在嘴边 |
[06:00] | Harvard, my kid, Harvard. | 哈佛 我家孩子 哈佛 |
[06:03] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[06:05] | I was actually wondering if we could visit a different school? | 我其实在想 能不能去一个别的学校 |
[06:08] | – Yeah? – Howard University. | -什么 -霍华德大学 |
[06:11] | It’s in D.C., where Keith goes. | 位于华盛顿 基思上的大学 |
[06:15] | Howard, huh? | 霍华德是吧 |
[06:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:17] | – Is that that? – Yeah. | -就叫这个名吗 -对 |
[06:20] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[06:21] | Yeah. We could take a ride down to D.C. One day. | 好 可以等哪天开车去华盛顿 |
[06:26] | Killing me. | 真要命 |
[06:27] | Sorry to have interrupted your evening, my liege. | 对不起陛下 打扰了你的夜晚 |
[06:30] | What about, you know, this Friday? | 这周五行吗 |
[06:32] | Nah, your brother’s got a game on Friday night. | 算了 周五你哥哥有比赛 |
[06:34] | He has a game every Friday. | 每周五他都有比赛 |
[06:37] | Fixed it! | 修好了 |
[06:39] | Good job, babe! | 你真棒 亲爱的 |
[06:45] | Let me talk to your mother. | 等我和你妈商量一下 |
[06:46] | Okay? We’ll figure it out. | 行吧 肯定能想办法 |
[06:47] | – We’ll go on Friday. – Thanks, Dad. | -周五能去 -谢谢爸爸 |
[06:49] | – You got it. – I’m gonna go call Keith. | -放心 -我给基思打个电话 |
[06:50] | -Okay. -Awesome. | -好 -太好了 |
[06:53] | I’m very sorry you had to find out that way. | 实在不好意思 让你们以这种方式得知 |
[06:55] | My husband has the flu. | 我丈夫染上流感了 |
[06:56] | I was away from my phone. | 我电话不在身边 |
[06:58] | Shauna showing up here was completely inappropriate. | 肖娜不该这样出现 |
[07:02] | But it’s true? They dropped the charges? | 是真的吗 检方撤销指控了吗 |
[07:05] | Prosecutor tied the gun found in Shauna’s car to a robbery. | 检方发现肖娜车里的枪和一起抢劫有关 |
[07:08] | And they want to use it as evidence in that case, | 他们想用作抢劫案的证据 |
[07:12] | so they dropped Shauna’s charge in exchange for her cooperation. | 为了换取她的配合 决定撤销指控 |
[07:16] | It works like that, huh? | 还有这种操作啊 |
[07:18] | Sometimes. | 偶尔吧 |
[07:21] | I went to Shauna’s apartment after we connected last night. | 和肖娜联系以后 我去她的公寓了 |
[07:26] | Everything was good. | 一切都很好 |
[07:27] | The place was clean. | 住处很干净 |
[07:29] | She’d already stocked the fridge. | 她已经屯满冰箱了 |
[07:33] | There’s a hearing scheduled this afternoon. | 今天下午有场听讯 |
[07:37] | I’m going to recommend to the court | 我会向法官建议 |
[07:38] | that Shauna get custody of her daughter. | 把监护权还给肖娜 |
[07:44] | Sorry, you got to be joking. | 对不起 你是开玩笑吧 |
[07:47] | Look, um, I’ve tried | 听着 我已经努力 |
[07:49] | to keep an open mind throughout this whole thing, | 用开放的心态面对整个事情 |
[07:51] | but she gets out, | 但她出狱后 |
[07:53] | and the first thing, the first thing she does, | 第一件事 她做的第一件事就是 |
[07:55] | she storms over to our house uninvited. | 风风火火地闯到我家 |
[07:57] | She makes a scene. | 大闹一场 |
[07:58] | – She gets in my wife’s face. – Randall… | -还惹怒我妻子 -兰德尔 |
[08:00] | No. I’m so– you got to say yours, Linda. | 不 我… 不管你怎么说 琳达 |
[08:03] | She freaks out my kids, | 她吓到我家孩子了 |
[08:05] | she freaks out her own daughter, and then Deja | 甚至吓到她自己的女儿了 还要靠黛佳 |
[08:07] | has to talk her down like she’s the child. | 像安慰小孩一样让她平静下来 |
[08:10] | But she put food in the fridge so it’s all good? | 把食物放进冰箱就够了吗 |
[08:13] | She had a gun in her car, Linda. | 她车里有把枪啊 琳达 |
[08:15] | I don’t care whose it was. | 我不管枪是谁的 |
[08:16] | – What’s to say there won’t soon be one in her house? – You done? | -没准哪天在家里也放把枪 -你说完了吗 |
[08:19] | – Oh, I’m not even close. – It’s not my job | -差得远呢 -我的工作职责 |
[08:21] | to predict the future, Randall. | 不是预测未来 兰德尔 |
[08:23] | It’s my job to make a judgment based on the present. | 而是根据现在的情况做出判断 |
[08:26] | And presently, Shauna’s doing well. | 目前 肖娜情况不错 |
[08:30] | She’s even made inroads into getting her job back | 她甚至快回归她在超市的 |
[08:32] | – at the supermarket. – The girl’s hair | -工作岗位了 -那孩子 |
[08:33] | was falling out from stress. | 因为压力太大而脱发 |
[08:35] | She flinched every time my husband walked in a room. | 每次我丈夫进屋 她都往后缩 |
[08:39] | But Shauna is making inroads, | 肖娜取得了进展 |
[08:41] | so let’s throw a freakin’ parade. | 是不是就要游街庆祝啊 |
[08:45] | I need to remind you both | 我需要提醒你们两个 |
[08:46] | that this is exactly what you signed up for. | 你们当时应当知道会面临这种风险 |
[08:53] | We know what we signed up for, Linda. | 我们知道我们面临什么风险 琳达 |
[08:55] | This has nothing to do with our attachment to Deja. | 这和我们对黛佳的情感毫无关系 |
[08:59] | The woman that we saw last night | 昨晚我们见到的那个女人 |
[09:00] | is not fit to take care of a child. | 不具备抚养孩子的状态 |
[09:02] | And we’re gonna fight it. | 我们会战斗到底 |
[09:03] | We talked about it last night. | 我们昨晚聊过了 |
[09:04] | We’re meeting with our lawyer today. | 今天见我们的律师 |
[09:06] | Your lawyer? | 你们的律师 |
[09:07] | Shauna trespassed. | 肖娜擅自闯入我们家 |
[09:09] | She threatened us. | 她威胁我们 |
[09:11] | Surely, any of those alone violates her parole, | 随便其中一条都违反了假释条例 |
[09:14] | so if we decide to press charges… | 如果我们决定要起诉 |
[09:15] | – You’re making a mistake here. – Sorry. | -你这是在做傻事 -抱歉 |
[09:17] | Have you ever made a bad call, Linda? | 你是否做出过错误的判断 琳达 |
[09:22] | You ever returned a kid to a situation | 你是否曾有把一个 |
[09:23] | that they never should have returned to? | 不该回到那种环境的孩子送回去 |
[09:27] | My job isn’t a perfect science, Randall. | 我的工作不是什么完美的科学 兰德尔 |
[09:33] | You know what? I got to get the girls to school. | 你知道吗 我要送孩子们去学校了 |
[09:35] | I got two different drop-offs at two different schools, | 我要把她们送到两所不同的学校下车 |
[09:38] | ’cause that’s how we do it here, | 因为我们一直都是这样 |
[09:39] | in a house that’s always clean, | 一个永远干净整洁的家 |
[09:41] | with a fridge that’s always stocked. | 冰箱里的食物也永远不缺 |
[09:43] | – I think we should keep talking. – And I don’t think | -我觉得咱们应该再谈谈 -我不觉得 |
[09:44] | there’s anything left to say. | 我们还有什么好说的 |
[09:50] | Now I’m done. | 现在我说完了 |
[10:10] | Here. Babe, take this. It’s gonna be cold. | 亲爱的 拿上这个 外面会冷的 |
[10:13] | I didn’t even know that you were interested in Howard. | 我都不知道你对霍华德大学感兴趣 |
[10:16] | Did you even know what Howard was? | 你知道霍华德是什么吗 |
[10:18] | I think it’s great, you know, | 我觉得这样很好 |
[10:19] | that you’re figuring out who you are and what works for you. | 你找到了真正的自我和适合自己的东西 |
[10:22] | – Proud of you. – Okay, bud. | -真为你骄傲 -好了 孩子 |
[10:24] | Let’s hit the road. | 该出发了 |
[10:26] | Off to college already. | 都已经要上大学了 |
[10:30] | Oh, great. Here we go. | 好了 又开始了 |
[10:32] | It’s just a tour, Mom. | 只是参观一下 妈 |
[10:33] | – I know. – Still have a year of high school left. | -我知道 -高中还有一年呢 |
[10:35] | – All right, we’ll see you guys after Kev’s game. – Yes. | -那就小凯比赛结束后见 -好 |
[10:37] | Dad, come on. It’s a four-hour drive. | 爸爸 快点 路上要开4小时车呢 |
[10:38] | I don’t want to get there late | 我不想迟到 |
[10:39] | – and make a bad impression. -Randall. | -给人留下坏印象 -兰德尔 |
[10:41] | You’re a math prodigy | 你是数学神童 |
[10:42] | with insane SAT scores and perfect grades. | 高考分数高到离谱 绩点也完美 |
[10:45] | Any college would be lucky to have a giant dork like you. | 哪所大学能招到你这个书呆子算他们走运 |
[10:48] | Thanks, LL Cool K. | 谢谢 LL·酷·凯 |
[10:49] | So, you guys out? | 你们都要走了吗 |
[10:51] | Yeah. Sorry we’re missing your game. | 是啊 抱歉我们要错过你的比赛了 |
[10:53] | Next campus tour’s a month away. | 下一次校园参观日要一个月后了 |
[10:54] | That’s fine, man. | 没关系 |
[10:55] | I’ve got enough fans in the stands cheering me on. | 我粉丝多得是 不差你们这一两个 |
[10:58] | That’s a nice attitude adjustment, Kev. | 这心态调整得”真不错” 小凯 |
[10:59] | Glad that talk really sunk in. | 很高兴那场谈话有效果 |
[11:02] | – See you later. – Okay. | -过会儿见 -好的 |
[11:04] | Hey, drive safe. I love you. | 路上注意安全 我爱你 |
[11:06] | Love you, too, Mom. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[11:14] | Road trip, road trip. | 上路 上路 |
[11:16] | Come on. | 快点啊 |
[11:24] | – You ready? – I’m so ready. | -准备好了吗 -时刻准备着 |
[11:31] | Is Deja gonna have to go home? | 黛佳必须要回家吗 |
[11:34] | Annie, they already told us. They don’t know. | 安妮 他们已经说过了 还不知道 |
[11:37] | We’re just trying to figure out what’s best for Deja. | 我们只是在找对黛佳最好的结果 |
[11:39] | That’s all anyone wants, | 这是大家都想看见的 |
[11:41] | what’s best for Deja. | 对黛佳最好的结果 |
[11:47] | Okay, little monsters. | 好了 小怪兽们 |
[11:48] | Hey, have a great day. | 祝你们愉快 |
[11:52] | Everything’s gonna be okay. Promise. | 一切都会没事的 我保证 |
[12:09] | Did Ms. Linda say | 琳达小姐有说过 |
[12:10] | when she was gonna check up on my mom? | 什么时候去看我妈妈吗 |
[12:14] | To see if it’s okay for me to go home? | 看看我是不是能回家 |
[12:20] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[12:44] | Let’s go find the library. | 咱们去找图书馆吧 |
[12:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:48] | This must be the Founders Library. | 这一定就是奠基者图书馆了 |
[12:51] | – It’s nice. – Yeah. | -真漂亮 -是啊 |
[12:53] | R.P. At H.U. | 霍华德大学的兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[12:56] | You still rocking that box, man. I told you about that. | 你还留着这一头寸发 我早说过了吧 |
[12:58] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[12:59] | I can’t wait to show you around, man. | 我都等不及要带你转转了 |
[13:01] | Hey, Mr. Pearson. | 你好 皮尔森先生 |
[13:02] | Good to see you, Keith. | 很高兴见到你 基思 |
[13:03] | Your mom wanted me to give you a good once-over, | 你妈妈让我好好看看你 |
[13:05] | make sure you’re doing good. | 看你是不是都好 |
[13:06] | I don’t know why my mom needs you checking up on me. | 不知道妈妈为什么让你来看我 |
[13:08] | – She already calls every day. – I’m sure she does. | -她已经每天打电话了 -我知道 |
[13:10] | Excuse me. Excuse me, everyone. | 打扰一下 打扰一下 各位 |
[13:12] | I want to welcome you all to Howard University. | 欢迎大家来到霍华德大学 |
[13:14] | I’m Fred. I’ll be giving you your tour today. | 我是弗雷德 今天由我带大家参观学校 |
[13:16] | – We’ll begin in about five minutes. – All right. | -我们大概五分钟后开始 -好的 |
[13:19] | – Okay. – Here we go. | -好的 -我们走吧 |
[13:20] | Actually, I was gonna take Randall | 其实我想带兰德尔 |
[13:22] | behind the curtain a little bit. | 先去走走 |
[13:23] | You know, introduce him to some of my boys. | 把他介绍给我朋友认识 |
[13:26] | Okay. Do you want me to go with you? | 好的 你想让我跟你一起吗 |
[13:34] | No, you guys… you go ahead. | 不 你们… 你们去吧 |
[13:37] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[13:38] | – Have fun. – Cool. | -玩得开心 -好的 |
[13:40] | – See you in a bit. – Okay. | -等会见 -好的 |
[13:41] | – Come on. – Hey, Keith, | -走吧 -基思 |
[13:42] | a real tour, okay? | 带他好好转转 好吗 |
[13:44] | Point out all the buildings, | 介绍所有的建筑 |
[13:45] | answer all of his questions. | 解答他所有的问题 |
[13:47] | I don’t want him to major in Pac-Man. | 我可不希望他一直玩吃豆小精灵 |
[13:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[14:25] | Yeah, bro. | 不错 兄弟 |
[14:26] | It’s like that. | 就是这样 |
[14:28] | You’re gonna like Howard. | 你会爱上霍华德的 |
[14:32] | There you go. | 给你 |
[14:38] | So, there are, like, no white people? | 所以这里 没有白人吗 |
[14:41] | The med students. | 医学生 |
[14:42] | Some international kids. | 一些国际学生 |
[14:45] | The soccer team. | 足球队 |
[14:48] | My entire high school is white. | 我的高中全是白人 |
[14:50] | Oh, mine was, too. | 我的也是 |
[14:51] | Me, three. | 我也是 |
[14:54] | I had that same feeling when I came here. | 我来这里的时候有同样的感觉 |
[14:58] | Feel like Malcolm at Mecca. | 就像马尔克姆去了麦加 |
[14:59] | Like you’re not alone. | 好像你不再是一个人了 |
[15:03] | It’s weird, man. | 感觉很奇怪 哥们 |
[15:15] | Got it? | 好了吗 |
[15:17] | All right. Beth and I will be back at 2:30 to watch. | 好吧 我和贝丝两点半的时候回来 |
[15:20] | You don’t have to come. No one shows up at these things. | 你们不用来了 这种事情没人来的 |
[15:23] | We’ll see you at 2:30. | 我们两点半见 |
[15:31] | Break a leg. | 祝你好运 |
[15:39] | Hey, baby. | 亲爱的 |
[15:41] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[15:42] | She’s okay, I think. | 她很好 应该是 |
[15:44] | All things considered. | 考虑到现在的情况 |
[15:46] | She still thinks we’re waiting on Linda | 她还以为我们在等琳达 |
[15:48] | – to give us a decision. – That’s okay. | -给我们结果 -没关系 |
[15:50] | I talked to the lawyer, and he thinks we have a case, | 我跟律师说过了 他会帮我们辩护 |
[15:52] | and he can squeeze us in at 4:00. | 四点的时候他会抽出时间见我们 |
[15:54] | So we can go over together after Deja’s presentation. | 所以我们可以等黛佳结束后一起过去 |
[15:58] | – Sounds good. – And I thought last year | -听着不错 -我还以为去年感恩节 |
[16:00] | was gonna be our craziest Thanksgiving ever. | 已经是最疯狂的了 |
[16:04] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:06] | Love you. | 我也爱你 |
[16:17] | “Dear William, | “亲爱的威廉 |
[16:18] | I’m sorry I had to leave in such a hurry, | 很抱歉我这么匆忙地离开 |
[16:20] | But it was wonderful to see you looking so well | 但我很高兴 这么多年来 |
[16:23] | after all these years.” | 你过得很好” |
[16:30] | After all these years. | 这么多年来 |
[16:35] | That was one hell of a Thanksgiving. | 那个感恩节过的真糟 |
[16:37] | How was the cabin? | 小屋怎么样了 |
[16:40] | Not quite ready for small talk just yet. | 我还没准备好跟你闲聊 |
[16:43] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[16:50] | How many times did you and my mother meet? | 你和我妈妈见过几次 |
[16:56] | Just twice. | 只见过两次 |
[17:00] | She came to find me right after you were born | 在你刚刚出生之后 她来找过我 |
[17:02] | to make sure I wasn’t gonna come after you. | 确认我不会去找你 |
[17:06] | And then again when you were… | 还有一次是在你… |
[17:08] | nine or so. | 九岁左右 |
[17:10] | And why’d she come to you then? | 那次她去找你是为什么 |
[17:13] | You were asking about where you came from. | 你当时问他们 你从哪里来 |
[17:16] | She was struggling with whether to tell you about me | 她很挣扎 到底是把我的存在告诉你 |
[17:18] | or keep you from me. | 还是继续向你隐瞒 |
[17:21] | I was clean then. | 我当时毒也戒了 |
[17:22] | Had a good job. | 有份好工作 |
[17:24] | I think I got a little too excited | 我当时想到能见你 |
[17:26] | about the idea of seeing you. | 可能有点太过激动 |
[17:28] | Must’ve come on too strong. | 或许是我吓到她了 |
[17:31] | When she disappeared like that, | 当她就那样离开时 |
[17:34] | I was so… shocked. | 我…太震惊了 |
[17:38] | And disappointed. | 而且失望至极 |
[17:41] | So I followed her. | 所以我跟着她出去 |
[17:47] | I remember thinking, “William, you fool, don’t do this. | 我记得当时在想”威廉你个傻子 别干傻事 |
[17:50] | She doesn’t want you to do this.” | 她不想让你见儿子” |
[17:51] | But I knew if I let her go, | 但是我知道如果我让她走了 |
[17:53] | I might never find you again. | 我可能再也找不到你了 |
[17:55] | Uh, if you could just make a left and follow that car. | 可以左转弯跟上前面那辆车吗 |
[17:57] | – Here you go. – I only had $20 cash. | -给 -我身上只有二十块现金 |
[17:59] | Please, sir. | 拜托了 先生 |
[18:03] | I remember the whole ride | 我记得在车上的时候 |
[18:04] | I just kept praying | 我一直在祈祷 |
[18:06] | that she wasn’t going too far, | 希望她不会走得太远 |
[18:07] | that I had enough to make it to you. | 这样我的钱还能够到你那儿 |
[18:12] | But I had enough. | 我的钱够了 |
[18:19] | I made it. | 我做到了 |
[18:32] | All I had to do | 我需要做的 |
[18:33] | was walk up to that door and knock. | 只是走上前去敲门 |
[18:46] | I’d explain I was no threat, | 我会对他们解释说我不会造成威胁 |
[18:48] | that I just wanted to be a part of your life | 我只想参与到你的生活中 |
[18:50] | in whatever way they found comfortable. | 不管什么方式 只要他们觉得合适就行 |
[18:52] | Hey, sweetheart? | 亲爱的 |
[18:54] | There’s someone we want you to meet. | 有人想要见你 |
[19:00] | Hi, son. | 你好 儿子 |
[19:03] | *Happy birthday…* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[19:05] | I wasn’t expecting to be dropping by every day, | 我不指望每天都能去见你 |
[19:08] | but maybe– just maybe– | 但或许 只是或许 |
[19:10] | I could be a part of the big stuff. | 我能见证你生命中那些重要瞬间 |
[19:20] | Introduction to Chemistry! | 《化学导论》 |
[19:26] | Do you like it, R? | 你喜欢吗 兰 |
[19:27] | – I love it. – Yeah? | -爱死了 -真的吗 |
[19:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:34] | Can we do one more? One more? | 我们能再来一张吗 再拍一张 |
[19:42] | But then I saw something on the front lawn. | 但我在门前的草坪上看到了样东西 |
[19:49] | I didn’t know what bike belonged to you. | 我不知道哪辆自行车是你的 |
[19:52] | I didn’t know whether yours was Number One, | 我不知道你的是写着第一名的那辆 |
[19:54] | Number Two, | 还是第二名 |
[19:55] | or Number Three. | 或许是第三名那辆 |
[19:57] | I figured one of them was your nickname, | 我猜其中一个是你的昵称 |
[19:59] | but a nickname that I didn’t know | 但这是来自一个和我毫不相关的生活中 |
[20:01] | from a life I had nothing to do with. | 我一点都不了解的昵称 |
[20:09] | Just like that, I realized it was over. | 就那样 我觉得我没戏了 |
[20:13] | Strangest thing. | 这事说来也奇怪 |
[20:14] | A bicycle, and it was over. | 因为一辆自行车 我放弃了 |
[20:18] | How many rides had you taken over the years | 那些年来你骑过多少次 |
[20:20] | on that bicycle? | 那辆自行车 |
[20:23] | How many adventures had you had with your brother and sister? | 你和哥哥姐姐们有过多少次冒险 |
[20:29] | And who was I to insert myself into your life | 违背你母亲的意愿强行进入你生活中的我 |
[20:32] | against your mother’s wishes? | 又算什么 |
[20:40] | Who was I? | 我算什么 |
[21:20] | Hey, bud. | 小子 |
[21:23] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[21:28] | Oh, guys, uh, this is my dad. | 对了 兄弟们 这是我爸 |
[21:31] | Dad, this is James, Craig… | 爸 这是詹姆斯 克雷格 |
[21:33] | – Meet you… – Hi. | -幸会 -你好 |
[21:37] | We should probably get going. | 我们得走了 |
[21:38] | – Get ahead of traffic. – Already? | -错开交通高峰 -这么快就走了 |
[21:40] | Yeah. It was good to meet you guys. | 是的 很高兴见到你们 |
[21:43] | – Yeah, you, too. – Okay. | -我们也是 -好的 |
[21:44] | – All right, peace. – See you guys. | -再见 -再见 伙计们 |
[21:46] | – This is awesome. – Of course, man. | 这一切太棒了 -当然了 |
[21:48] | It was nice meeting you, man. | 很高兴见到你 兄弟 |
[21:49] | – Of course, man. – Nice to meet you. | -我们也是 -很高兴见到你 |
[21:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:53] | Hope to see you here at Howard, man. | 希望你能来霍华德上学 兄弟 |
[21:55] | I hope to come here, man, so bad. | 我超想来这儿的 |
[22:00] | H.U.! | 霍华德大学万岁 |
[22:02] | You know! | 你懂的 |
[22:06] | They have a double major option, too. | 那里也可以修双学位 |
[22:09] | I really like it there, Dad. | 我真的很喜欢那里 爸爸 |
[22:16] | Did you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[22:18] | Oh, yeah, it was great. | 当然 那里很好 |
[22:21] | Yeah, the… the dorms are real nice, | 当然 宿舍很不错 |
[22:24] | the… | 然后… |
[22:25] | the library was… really impressive. | 图书馆也…非常宏伟 |
[22:30] | But? | 但是呢 |
[22:33] | No, it was really great. | 不 真的很好 |
[22:38] | I mean, Harvard is… Harvard. | 哈佛毕竟是… 哈佛嘛 |
[22:41] | You know, Ivy League. | 常青藤 |
[22:42] | What do you care about the Ivy Leagues, Dad? | 你为什么那么看重常青藤呢 爸爸 |
[22:47] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[22:51] | You’re gonna make the right decision, Randall. | 你会做出正确的选择 兰德尔 |
[22:53] | You always do. | 你一向如此 |
[23:08] | You know, you hesitated back there with those kids when… | 那时你犹豫了 你向那些孩子… |
[23:12] | you introduced me. | 介绍我的时候 |
[23:14] | I-I didn’t hesitate. | 我没犹豫 |
[23:15] | Yeah, you did. | 你犹豫了 |
[23:18] | I’m not mad. | 我不生气 |
[23:20] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[23:23] | I know what it must be like… | 我能理解你的感受 |
[23:25] | to meet new people, | 结识新的人 |
[23:26] | people that don’t know you or us. | 那些不认识你或者我们的人 |
[23:31] | I hesitated. | 我犹豫了 |
[23:33] | But, uh, not because you’re white. | 但并不是因为你是白人 |
[23:37] | But be-because you’re old. | 而是因为你很老 |
[23:45] | I’m not that old. | 我没那么老 |
[23:46] | – Yeah, you are. – Okay, kiddo. | -你很老 -好吧 小鬼 |
[23:54] | But, Dad… | 但是 爸爸… |
[23:59] | you know how you felt at Howard… | 你知道当你以为 |
[24:01] | when you thought I hesitated because you’re white? | 我因为你是白人而犹豫时 你有什么感觉吗 |
[24:05] | How you were kind of mad about it | 为什么你有点生气 |
[24:06] | but couldn’t exactly say why? | 却说不出具体原因呢 |
[24:10] | I feel like that all the time. | 我一直都有这样的感觉 |
[24:12] | Not from you guys, | 并不是因为你们 |
[24:13] | but, you know, from everybody else. | 而是 因为其他人 |
[24:17] | Felt like that ever since I was little. | 我从小时候起就有这样的感觉 |
[24:22] | But, I mean… | 不过我的意思是… |
[24:24] | not that th-that’s your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[24:26] | Oh, Randall, come on. | 兰德尔 别这样 |
[24:29] | Come on, I… | 别这样 我… |
[24:32] | I get it. | 我都懂 |
[24:35] | I just… I just feel like I’m always gonna feel this way. | 我就是觉得这种感觉会一直伴随着我 |
[24:40] | Not, like, mad, but… | 并不是生气 而是… |
[24:43] | just off balance. | 失去平衡 |
[24:46] | Like everything’s just gonna be | 就好像一切事情 |
[24:47] | a little bit more complicated for me. | 对我来说都会更加复杂一些 |
[25:02] | Let’s make one more stop. | 我们再去一个地方 |
[25:04] | I got something I want to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[26:03] | I was 25 when I got drafted to Vietnam. | 我25岁被征兵去越南 |
[26:06] | Not much older than you right now. | 比你现在大不了多少 |
[26:12] | It was on TV, the draft. | 征兵过程在电视上播出 |
[26:16] | My life changed on that TV. | 我的人生在电视上改变了 |
[26:21] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[26:23] | talk about it a lot, I know. | 我不经常提起 |
[26:27] | Even your mom, | 即便是你妈妈 |
[26:28] | she doesn’t know what I really did, | 也不知道我究竟做过什么 |
[26:32] | what I really saw. | 见过什么 |
[26:36] | It’s just… | 那时候… |
[26:38] | too hard. | 太苦了 |
[26:42] | You know, for all of us that were over there. | 对于所有被派去的人都是一样的 |
[26:46] | It was just… hard. | 真的…太艰苦了 |
[26:53] | When I got back… | 当我回来之后… |
[26:57] | I was off-balance. | 我失去了平衡 |
[27:00] | I was out of place… | 我格格不入… |
[27:03] | in every place that I went. | 无论我走到哪里 |
[27:09] | You’re gonna find your balance, Randall. | 你会找到你的平衡 兰德尔 |
[27:12] | And then you’re gonna lose it, | 然后将失去平衡 |
[27:13] | and then… you’re gonna find it again. | 然后…你将再次找到平衡 |
[27:17] | That’s the ride. | 过程就是这样的 |
[27:20] | And you’re gonna make a lot of choices, | 而且你要做许多选择 |
[27:23] | and I’m probably not gonna be around for all of them. | 我很可能不会在你做选择的时候一直陪着你 |
[27:28] | The choices you make are gonna be spectacular, | 你的选择一定会非常棒 |
[27:31] | because you are spectacular, son. | 因为你真的很棒 儿子 |
[27:34] | – I… – You are. | -我… -真的 |
[27:36] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[27:38] | You are. | 你很棒 |
[27:41] | Own it. | 接受吧 |
[27:44] | Run with it. | 保持住 |
[28:00] | It’s your sister. | 你姐姐呼过来的 |
[28:02] | Something’s wrong. | 一定出什么事了 |
[28:03] | Let’s, um… let’s go find a phone. | 我们找台电话吧 |
[28:05] | – Okay. – Come on. | -好 -走吧 |
[28:16] | Hey there. | 嗨 |
[28:22] | I don’t think we can keep Deja from her mother. | 我觉得我们不能阻止黛佳回到她妈妈身边 |
[28:30] | I’ve been unsure, too. But, Randall… | 我也在犹豫 可兰德尔 |
[28:33] | I know, we can’t, Beth. | 我知道 可我们不能 贝丝 |
[28:38] | – Went to Shauna’s apartment today. – No, you didn’t. | -我今天去肖娜的公寓了 -你不是吧 |
[28:40] | I know I shouldn’t have, but… I did. | 确实不该去 但我去了 |
[28:44] | Saw her neighborhood. | 看到了她的邻居 |
[28:46] | Her world. | 她的世界 |
[28:49] | Saw her coming home with a… | 看到她回家提着… |
[28:51] | bunch of new clothes for Deja. | 好多给黛佳买的新衣服 |
[28:54] | Bunch of purple clothes. | 好多紫色的衣服 |
[28:55] | Bet you that’s her favorite color. | 一定是她最喜欢的颜色 |
[28:58] | I didn’t know that. | 我都不知道 |
[29:00] | Me, neither. | 我也不知道 |
[29:02] | Also didn’t know she had really cool nicknames, | 也不知道她有那么多可爱的昵称 |
[29:04] | like Tater Tot… | 比如小丸子头… |
[29:06] | and Dayje. | 小黛 |
[29:07] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[29:11] | She had this whole world spinning before us. | 在我们之前她有过完全不一样的生活 |
[29:15] | And I saw that, and… | 我看到了 |
[29:17] | just like that, it was… | 就是这样… |
[29:29] | I used to be obsessed with Pac-Man. | 我以前很喜欢玩吃豆小精灵 |
[29:32] | I had it on my computer. | 下载在电脑里 |
[29:34] | I’d play it for hours after everybody went to sleep. | 所有人睡了后我可以玩好久 |
[29:38] | Got the girls into it, too. | 也让女儿们喜欢上了 |
[29:40] | And it’s strange, like, all these years later, | 奇怪的是 过了这么多年 |
[29:43] | the game really hasn’t changed; | 这个游戏都没什么变化 |
[29:46] | just different people playing it. | 不过是换了不同的人玩而已 |
[29:49] | And in the middle of it all is Pac-Man, right? | 游戏中心人物就是豆小精灵 对吧 |
[29:52] | Bright yellow little dude just doing his thing. | 黄色的小伙计履行着它的使命 |
[29:55] | Homie’s like Sisyphus. | 它就像西西弗斯 |
[29:59] | Decade after decade just eating those circles, | 日复一日地吃那些小圆点 |
[30:02] | I mean, trying different routes, | 一次次尝试新的路线 |
[30:05] | trying his best to avoid all those ghosts. | 试图躲避怪物 |
[30:10] | – Baby? – Huh? | -老公 -怎么了 |
[30:11] | – What you talking about? – I don’t know. | -你在说什么 -我不知道 |
[30:16] | Life feels like Pac-Man… | 生活有时就像 |
[30:19] | sometimes, I guess. | 吃豆小精灵 |
[30:22] | It’s the same game over and over again. | 不过是重复着相同的游戏 |
[30:24] | Same board, same ghosts. | 同样的地方 同样的怪物 |
[30:27] | Sometimes you get a bunch of cherries, | 有时你能吃到些甜头 |
[30:29] | but eventually, inevitably, | 但最终逃不掉 |
[30:32] | those ghosts catch up with you. | 被那些怪物抓到的结局 |
[30:35] | Damn. | 天呐 |
[30:38] | That’s bleak as hell, babe. | 太灰暗了 老公 |
[30:41] | Or… is it beautiful? | 难道…不美吗 |
[30:45] | Nah, it’s bleak. | 不 很灰暗 |
[30:49] | Well, you’re beautiful. | 好吧 你真美 |
[30:51] | Rose-colored glasses. | 情人眼镜里出西施 |
[30:58] | Still beautiful. | 还是很美 |
[31:07] | I’m gonna miss her. | 我会想她的 |
[31:11] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[31:19] | My project is about the different factors | 我的作业是关于有助于植物生长的 |
[31:23] | that help plants grow. | 其他因素 |
[31:27] | And it’s not the usual stuff, | 这不是关于一般的生长要素 |
[31:28] | like how much water or light they get– | 比如它们需要多少光照和水… |
[31:31] | but it’s other stuff, too. | 而是其他因素 |
[31:33] | Like if they listen to music | 比如如果让它们听音乐 |
[31:35] | or if you add certain stimulants. | 或者其他刺激物 |
[31:41] | My foster dad helped me with that. | 我的养父帮助了我 |
[32:07] | Hey, Kev. | 嗨 小凯 |
[32:09] | Now’s not a good time, man. I got to… | 我现在不方便说话 我要… |
[32:10] | – I’m on my way to your house. – What, today? | -我在去你家的路上 -什么 你今天来 |
[32:13] | – But Thanksgiving’s not till… – I-I-I got into town early. | -感恩节还有… -我提前回来了 |
[32:17] | Okay. I, um… | 好吧 我… |
[32:22] | Hey, man, uh, I got to go. | 兄弟 我得挂电话了 |
[32:24] | I’ll see you later. | 一会见 |
[32:27] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[32:29] | She’s right outside. | 她就在门外 |
[32:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:39] | Just getting the rest of her things together. | 她还在收拾东西 |
[32:48] | If you ever need any help with her, | 如果你需要我帮忙的话 |
[32:50] | you know, someone to watch her or pick her up from school, | 比如需要有人照看她或者接她放学 |
[32:53] | or even with homework, you know. | 甚至是需要有人帮她做作业 |
[32:55] | Math and science are kind of my thing. | 我的数学和理科都不错 |
[32:57] | I think they’re kind of Deja’s thing, too. | 我觉得黛佳也挺擅长这些 |
[32:59] | We live all the way in Newark. | 我们住在纽瓦克[新泽西州] |
[33:01] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[33:02] | I’ll bring the girls. | 我会带女儿们过来 |
[33:04] | I think we’re good from here. | 我觉得不需要别的了 |
[33:09] | But I appreciate you taking good care of her. | 但我很感谢你好好照顾她 |
[33:19] | 我会想你的 黛佳 爱你的安妮 | |
[33:46] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[33:53] | Thank you, Beth. | 谢谢你 贝丝 |
[33:56] | Be a good girl, okay? | 做个好女儿 好吗 |
[33:58] | Take care of that beautiful, thick hair of yours. | 照顾好你这浓密美丽的头发 |
[34:06] | And that big, beautiful heart, too. | 还有这颗宽厚美丽的心 |
[34:11] | I will. | 我会的 |
[34:19] | What am I gonna do without you around? | 你不在身边我可怎么办啊 |
[34:21] | Who gonna call me out when I’m being corny? | 我讲冷笑话的时候还有谁会制止我 |
[34:24] | Beth will. | 贝丝会的 |
[34:25] | That’s true, she will. | 这倒是 她会的 |
[34:30] | You remember when we first met? | 还记得我们第一次见面的时候吗 |
[34:32] | You told me when you were a kid, | 你告诉我 你小时候总觉得 |
[34:33] | you always felt split inside. | 心里一直很纠结 |
[34:41] | I don’t, I don’t want you to think that… | 我不希望你觉得… |
[34:46] | Just because I want to go home, | 我想回家不表示 |
[34:49] | doesn’t mean I don’t like living with you. | 我不喜欢和你们一起生活 |
[34:53] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[34:56] | You don’t have to worry about that, I know. | 你不用担心那一点 我知道的 |
[35:03] | I know my mother does some stupid stuff sometimes, | 我知道我妈妈有时候会做蠢事 |
[35:05] | but mostly she’s cool. | 但多数时候她还是很好的 |
[35:13] | Well, I know you’re not too keen on me touching you, so… | 我知道你不太喜欢我碰你 那么… |
[35:17] | It’s-it’s really when I don’t see it coming. | 只是没防备的时候而已 |
[35:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:27] | So… | 那么… |
[35:42] | You remember what I told you about working hard. | 记住我跟你说的 努力工作会有什么好处 |
[35:45] | All right? | 好吗 |
[35:46] | Big house, fancy car. | 住豪宅 开豪车 |
[35:48] | Big house. | 住豪宅 |
[35:50] | Fancy car. | 开豪车 |
[35:59] | Bye, Randall. | 再见 兰德尔 |
[36:02] | Bye, Dej. | 再见 小黛 |
[36:59] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[37:03] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[37:16] | Randall, I need to tell you something. | 兰德尔 我有事要跟你说 |
[37:18] | I already know. | 我已经知道了 |
[37:21] | Kate lost the baby. | 凯特流产了 |
[37:31] | Mom’s already in L.A. | 妈妈已经在洛杉矶陪她了 |
[37:33] | Said she’s gonna stay for Thanksgiving, so… | 她说她感恩节会在那里 所以… |
[37:42] | It’s a little early for vodka. | 现在喝伏特加有点早吧 |
[37:44] | You look like hell. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[37:46] | Yeah, it’s just– you know, it’s a lot, all this. | 嗯 就是…你知道吧 这一切 |
[37:50] | I drove straight here from that alumni thing in Pittsburgh. | 我从匹兹堡中学那个校友会一路开过来的 |
[37:52] | I’m just– I’m exhausted. | 我就是…我累坏了 |
[37:54] | I’m all right, though, you know. | 但我没事的 你知道吧 |
[37:59] | I’m gonna call Kate. | 我要给凯特打电话 |
[38:01] | You want to try with me? | 要和我一起吗 |
[38:03] | No. Um, I’ll call her later. | 不 我一会再给她打 |
[38:05] | I want to make sure my head’s straight when I talk to her. | 我要保证跟她说话的时候头脑是清醒的 |
[38:08] | – You know? – Okay. | -你懂吧 -好 |
[38:10] | Well, you go get some rest. | 你去休息一下吧 |
[38:16] | I’m sorry about Deja. | 黛佳的事我很遗憾 |
[38:18] | When it rains. | 祸不单行 |
[38:21] | Feels like it’s pouring. | 雪上加霜 |
[38:30] | Hey, sis. | 姐姐 |
[38:32] | You feel like talking? | 你想跟我聊聊吗 |
[38:39] | You shouldn’t drink so fast, you’ll get the hiccups. | 你不应该喝这么快 你会打嗝的 |
[38:43] | All right. I didn’t see you. | 好吧 我没看到你们俩 |
[38:46] | Did Dad tell you about Deja? | 爸爸跟你说了黛佳的事了吗 |
[38:48] | He did. I’m sorry to hear that. | 他说了 很抱歉事情最后变成这样 |
[38:50] | We all thought she was gonna be staying here | 我们都以为她会一直待在这里 |
[38:53] | for a really long time, and… | 会待很长的时间的 可是 |
[38:56] | Yeah. | 可惜 |
[38:57] | Uh, can you tell your dad, tell your dad I had to go? | 你能告诉你爸爸 告诉他我得先走了吗 |
[39:01] | Where’s my bag? | 我的包呢 |
[39:04] | Basement, maybe. | 可能在地下室吧 |
[39:11] | How’s Kate doing? | 凯特怎么样了 |
[39:13] | All things considered, she’s okay. | 总体来说 她现在还不错 |
[39:18] | She wants to try again. | 她想要再试试看 |
[39:19] | To have a baby. | 再怀孕一次试试 |
[39:23] | Hey, Beth, we don’t have to go through this again | 贝丝 如果你不想的话 |
[39:25] | if you don’t want to, but… | 我们无需再经历一遍这些事 但是 |
[39:29] | I want to. | 但我想 |
[39:31] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[39:33] | I mean, maybe not, like, today, or tomorrow, or next month, | 我是说 也许没那么快 可能缓一阵再说 |
[39:36] | but… we have a good home. | 但 我们确实有一个温馨的家 |
[39:40] | We should bring another child into it. | 我们应该欢迎另一个孩子融入我们的大家庭 |
[39:43] | Even if it means losing ’em all over again. | 哪怕这意味着我们可能还要再全部失去一遍 |
[39:46] | I think so, too. | 我也是这样想的 |
[39:49] | There’s another kid out there who needs us. | 现在外面正有一个孩子需要我们 |
[39:54] | Maybe a boy this time. | 也许这次换个男孩试试 |
[39:59] | A boy, huh? | 想要个男孩吗 |
[40:01] | I don’t know. | 我可不知道 |
[40:03] | Not in charge of destiny. | 这就得看老天的安排了 |
[40:09] | How you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[40:11] | – Not so good. – I know. | -不太好 -我明白 |
[40:13] | Well, you know, bud, sometimes it just takes a little longer. | 但你知道 孩子 有时这种事会拖得久点 |
[40:16] | But I promise, | 但我保证 |
[40:17] | we are working very hard to find you a home. | 我们都在全力以赴帮你找到一个新家 |
[40:29] | Insurance card. | 医保卡 |
[40:34] | You really think he’s gonna be all right? | 你真的觉得他会没事吗 |
[40:36] | Yeah. Yeah, your brother’s gonna be okay. | 当然 是的 你哥哥一定会好起来的 |
[40:45] | Things are gonna be different for your brother now, | 对你哥来说 以后的事都可能会不一样了 |
[40:48] | but he’s gonna be okay. | 但他一定会没事的 |
[40:53] | Hey, sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[40:57] | Tess! | 苔丝 |
[41:00] | Tess. | 苔丝 |
[41:02] | Tess! | 苔丝 |
[41:05] | Tess! | 苔丝 |
[41:06] | You know, that’s the thing about the three of you. | 你知道吗 每次涉及到你们三个人的事时 |
[41:09] | You know, there’s always a blind spot. | 我们总会有顾及不到的地方 |
[41:12] | Uncle Kevin, slow down. | 凯文叔叔 慢点开 |
[41:13] | What the hell are you do…? Wh– Get… | 你怎么会在这里 什么 快 |
[41:15] | Put your seat belt on. What are you doing here? | 快系好安全带 你在这做什么 |
[41:17] | You know, I’d be with one of you having a great time, | 每当我和你们其中一个享受亲子时光的时候 |
[41:22] | and then, bam, something happens to the other. | 然后突然 就会有事发生在另外两个人身上 |
[41:23] | And I realize that I should have been looking | 而我就会发现其实我本应该 |
[41:24] | in that other direction. | 多花时间照顾会出事的那个 |
[41:27] | I just wanted to hang out with you for a while. | 我只是想多和你待在一起 |
[41:29] | I hate my house. | 我讨厌我们家 |
[41:34] | She’s nowhere on our block. | 咱们家这片街区都找不到她 |
[41:36] | She’s safe. She’s with Kevin. | 她没事 她跟凯文在一起 |
[41:37] | He just got arrested for a DUI. | 他刚刚因为酒驾被逮捕了 |
[41:40] | It’s been that way since you guys were babies. | 从你们还是婴儿的时候事情就总是这个样子了 |
[41:42] | And when one of you falls down… | 有时你们中的一个摔倒了 |
[41:48] | the other one’s standing up. | 但同时另一个却刚站起来 |
[41:55] | I’ll kill him. | 我要宰了他 |
[41:57] | Only if I don’t kill him first. | 我弄不死他你再上 |
[41:58] | Yeah. Hello. | 是的 你好 |
[41:59] | Okay, where are you? | 好的 你现在在哪 |