时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Your father’s a veteran. He served in Vietnam. | 你父亲曾是个老兵 他在越南服役过 |
[00:04] | Did he see combat? | 他参加过战斗吗 |
[00:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:06] | Some of these men have to still be alive. | 其中一些人应该还活着 |
[00:08] | We can find them. | 我们可以找到他们 |
[00:09] | See if they know your dad’s story. | 看他们是不是了解你爸的故事 |
[00:11] | Why doesn’t somebody | 怎么没人 |
[00:12] | call the city or Parks and Rec, fix this place up? | 向市政或是园区反映 把这地方修一下 |
[00:14] | The city doesn’t care about our problems, | 政府并不在乎我们的问题 |
[00:16] | but if you think you can do better, | 如果你觉得你能改善这里的情况 |
[00:18] | talk to Councilman Brown. | 找布朗市议员谈谈 |
[00:20] | If this councilman won’t do his job, | 如果这位议员在其位不谋其政 |
[00:21] | then maybe I can. | 也许我可以 |
[00:22] | I think I’m gonna run against him. | 我想和他竞选议员 |
[00:25] | I got fired today, Randall. | 我今天被炒鱿鱼了 兰德尔 |
[00:26] | I take medication for depression. | 我长期服用抗抑郁药物 |
[00:28] | Without it, life gets pretty scary. | 不用药的话 生活会变得特别吓人 |
[00:29] | 抗抑郁药的戒断反应 焦虑 震颤 头晕 烦躁 恶心 发热 头痛 | |
[00:30] | Kate’s never seen me that way, though. | 但凯特从没见过我那个样子 |
[00:32] | I hope she never has to. | 我希望她永远都不会见到 |
[00:34] | How you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[00:35] | Fine. Did we get any eggs? | 挺好的 取到卵子了吗 |
[00:38] | We got eight. | 取了八个 |
[00:41] | So good, you did so good. | 很好 你做得很好 |
[00:50] | There’s something very important I forgot to tell you. | 我忘记告诉你一件很重要的事 |
[00:52] | Don’t cross the streams. | 不要越过小溪 |
[00:54] | – Why? – Let’s just say it would be bad. | -为什么 -我只能说那样不太好 |
[00:56] | What do you mean by “Bad?” | 什么叫”不太好” |
[00:58] | Well, I don’t know what to do with either of you anymore. | 我真是不知道怎么应付你们俩 |
[01:00] | The hysteria, the moods! | 歇斯底里 喜怒无常 |
[01:01] | Oh, I think that I’m entitled to a little mood | 我觉得偶尔有点小情绪 |
[01:04] | every now and then, don’t you? | 是我的权利 难道不是吗 |
[01:06] | Yeah, that’s right, that’s right, | 行 去吧 去吧 |
[01:07] | just-just run to her house. | 跑去她家吧 |
[01:08] | She’s all shiny and new, | 她现在新奇又靓丽 |
[01:10] | but before you know it she’s gonna turn real. | 很快她就会变得真实 |
[01:12] | God knows you can’t handle real! | 一真实你就受不了了 |
[01:19] | Toby, honey, it’s freezing in here. | 托比 亲爱的 这里好冷 |
[01:22] | Why is your fan on? | 你怎么开风扇了 |
[01:27] | Oh, sweetie, your fingernails. | 亲爱的 你的指甲 |
[01:31] | Just bitten them right down to the nubs. | 又咬到只剩一点点了 |
[01:35] | Everything is gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[01:53] | Okay, little eggies. | 好的 小卵子们 |
[01:55] | Now I know Dr. Jasper | 妈妈知道贾斯珀医生 |
[01:57] | put Daddy’s best swimmers inside of you. | 肯定把爸爸最好的种子选手给了你们 |
[01:59] | They’re gonna be all up in your bidness, | 他们肯定都想跟你们好好亲近 |
[02:01] | trying to get you to fertilize, so… | 希望能让你们受精 |
[02:04] | today we find out if you let them. | 只有你们好好配合今天就有结果啦 |
[02:09] | Kate, it’s time. | 凯特 到时间了 |
[02:10] | Dr. J said she’d call at 11:00. | 贾医生说她11点会来电话 |
[02:15] | Okay, all right. | 电话来了 |
[02:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:19] | Yes, Dr. Jasper, hi. | 你好 贾斯珀医生 |
[02:23] | Okay. Well, how many? | 好的 几个呢 |
[02:26] | So that’s three chances to get pregnant? | 也就是有三次机会可以怀孕吗 |
[02:29] | Tobe, it’s 12:01. | 小托 12:01了 |
[02:31] | She said she’d call in the morning | 她说会在上午打来 |
[02:32] | to tell us if the embryos were viable. | 告诉我们胚胎是否存活 |
[02:34] | It’s, like, officially the afternoon, so what does it mean? | 现在已经下午了 这是什么意思 |
[02:35] | What is she trying to tell us by not telling us something? | 她什么都不说 是想告诉我们什么呢 |
[02:37] | Does she not have good news? Is that why? She’s afraid to call. | 难道她没有好消息 所以不敢打来 |
[02:39] | I don’t know. She’s gonna call when she calls. | 我不知道 她要打来的时候就会打来 |
[02:41] | See? | 你看 |
[02:42] | – Oh, no. – Yeah. | -不行 -电话来了 |
[02:43] | – Oh, no, I can’t do it. – It’s okay. | -不行 我不敢接 -没事的 |
[02:45] | No, I’m nervous, I can’t, I’m… | 不行 我太紧张了 我不敢 |
[02:45] | – No, you go ahead. – No, please? | -你接吧 -不行 求你了 |
[02:47] | All right. Okay. Hello? | 好吧 那我来 喂 |
[02:49] | Yeah, this is she, he, yeah, it’s Toby. | 对 是她 他 我是托比 |
[03:10] | *One singular sensation* | *唯一的美好* |
[03:17] | One embryo, Tobe. | 一个胚胎 小托 |
[03:19] | We’ve got one shot. | 我们有一次机会 |
[03:31] | Is anyone gonna fix this friggin’ thing? | 没人修这破玩意吗 |
[03:33] | The cable bill. | 电视费单 |
[03:34] | Thank you. Yes, Kev, I will call the super again. | 谢谢 好的小凯 我再给管理人打个电话 |
[03:37] | “Well, that’s quite all right, Mrs. Sycamore.” | “非常好 西卡莫夫人” |
[03:39] | What’s that, hon? | 你说什么 亲爱的 |
[03:41] | It’s a line from the school play he’s in. | 是他在学校参演戏剧的台词 |
[03:42] | You Can’t Take It with You. | 《浮生若梦》 |
[03:43] | Hey, can you take it with you into the shower, Kev? | 你能不能梦游去浴室 小凯 |
[03:45] | We’re gonna be late for the prom. | 舞会要迟到了 |
[03:46] | Prom’s not for three hours, Randall. | 舞会还有三小时 兰德尔 |
[03:48] | Which is about how long it takes you to do your hair. | 你做头发差不多就要这么久 |
[03:51] | And I exit. | 那我走了 |
[03:52] | Are the girls gonna come here to take their pictures? | 女孩们要来这里拍照片吗 |
[03:54] | We’re going to take pictures at Allison’s, actually. | 其实我们打算在艾莉森家拍 |
[03:57] | Apparently her dad’s obsessed with documenting | 据说他爸很执着于 |
[03:58] | every single moment of her life, so… | 记录她人生的每个瞬间 所以… |
[04:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:04] | Well, I’ll be sure to get lots of copies then. | 那我要多要几张打出来的照片 |
[04:08] | Yeah, well, have fun, dude. Live large. | 好吧 兄弟 好好玩 活得爽一点 |
[04:15] | I already asked. | 我问过了 |
[04:16] | She said she doesn’t want to come with us. Just leave it. | 她说她不想跟我们去 妈你别管了 |
[04:21] | Now I got to go turn myself from Urkel to Stefan. | 我要从乌克尔变成斯特凡啦 |
[04:29] | – Hey, question. – Hey. | -问个问题 -话说 |
[04:30] | You first. | 你先说 |
[04:31] | Okay. Hoop earrings. “Hey, how you doing?” | 好吧 大圆耳环 “你怎么样” |
[04:34] | Or power necklace. “What’s up?” | 还是强势项链 “什么事” |
[04:38] | I like them hoochie hoops. | 我喜欢浪荡圆环 |
[04:40] | “Hoochie?” Okay, necklace. | “浪荡” 好吧 那就是项链了 |
[04:42] | You ready to crush this interview? | 你准备好完爆这场面试了吗 |
[04:44] | I am coming home with no less than | 我会带着一份不低于 |
[04:46] | a six-figure offer. | 六位数的工作回家的 |
[04:48] | I spoke with the CEO on the phone for an hour yesterday. | 我昨天跟首席执行官通了一个小时的电话 |
[04:50] | – Yes, ma’am. – Meeting with department heads today. | -是的 夫人 -今天跟部门主管们见面 |
[04:53] | Okay? Not gonna jinx it. | 好吗 不会搞砸的 |
[04:55] | – You go. – Um, let’s see. | -到你了 -看看 |
[04:57] | Tie, right? No tie? | 带领带 不带领带 |
[05:00] | Uh, tie’s too formal and you should show some neck. | 领带太正式了 你应该露点脖子 |
[05:02] | What do you mean, like, like this? | 什么意思 像这样吗 |
[05:05] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[05:07] | It’s the first official day of my campaign. | 这是我正式竞选的第一天 |
[05:10] | I’m doing it, Beth. | 这就开始了 贝丝 |
[05:12] | Running for city council of Philadelphia’s 12th district. | 竞选费城第12街区市议员 |
[05:15] | Am I a resident there? No. | 我是那儿的居民吗 不是 |
[05:17] | But am I technically allowed to run | 但严格意义上我有权竞选吗 |
[05:18] | because I put my name on William’s lease | 就因为威廉搬来跟我们住的时候 |
[05:20] | when he moved in with us? You damn skippy. | 我把名字签在了他的租约上 你他妈说对了 |
[05:22] | You damn skippy. | 你他妈说对了 |
[05:23] | I’m having my first meet and greet in a down-home joint | 我要在那找个小餐馆举行我的首次见面会 |
[05:26] | my birth father probably knew and loved | 那里可能是我生父在这座城市 |
[05:28] | in the city where he lived… | 最熟悉最喜欢的地方… |
[05:33] | You cannot cry on the campaign trail. | 你不能在竞选宣传时哭鼻子 |
[05:35] | I’m not gonna. | 我不会的 |
[05:36] | No, you’re an emotional man, Randall. | 不 你是个感性的人 兰德尔 |
[05:37] | You talk about fathers, you cry. | 你一提到父亲就会哭 |
[05:39] | You talk about daughters, you cry. | 一谈到女儿就会哭 |
[05:40] | Okay, you talk about the little round boy on the corner | 就连谈到那个冬天在街角 |
[05:42] | who tried to sell lemonade in the winter… | 努力卖柠檬水的小男孩 |
[05:43] | All his lemonade froze, Beth. | 他的柠檬水都冻住了 贝丝 |
[05:45] | Yeah, well he was stupid, baby. | 那是他笨 亲爱的 |
[05:47] | Now look, you have a big open heart | 听着 你有一颗博爱的心 |
[05:50] | and I love that about you, | 我爱你这一点 |
[05:51] | okay, but these people do not want to see | 但这些人可不想看见 |
[05:54] | a rich man from Alpine | 一个住在阿尔派恩的富豪 |
[05:55] | crying when he talks to them. | 跟他们说话的时候还哭鼻子 |
[05:57] | Understood. | 懂了 |
[05:59] | Yeah. All right. | 好吧 |
[06:00] | I’ll get there as soon as I can. | 我会尽快赶过去 |
[06:02] | Hey, remember what we said. | 记住我们说好的 |
[06:04] | If after five minutes, five days, five weeks, | 哪怕只过了五分钟 五天 五周 |
[06:07] | if you’re not feeling this, I drop out. | 只要你不喜欢 我就退出 |
[06:11] | Knock them dead, Councilman. | 搞定他们 议员先生 |
[06:12] | You take no prisoners, baby. | 神挡杀神 宝贝 |
[06:15] | Go on now, go on now. | 快去吧 加油 |
[06:23] | Is this crazy, huh? | 这是不是疯了 |
[06:24] | Driving all the way to Baltimore | 一路开车到巴尔的摩 |
[06:25] | to meet some dude that my dad served with? | 去见一个跟我爸一起服过役的人 |
[06:27] | I mean, this guy, Robinson, right, he’s a complete unknown. | 我是说 我对这个叫罗宾森的一无所知 |
[06:30] | So how do I introduce you, anyway? | 话说回来 我该怎么介绍你 |
[06:31] | Documentarian girlfriend, does that work? | 纪录片制片人女朋友 行吗 |
[06:33] | You introduce me as Zoe, human being, | 你介绍我是佐伊 人类 |
[06:36] | who is a documentarian who you happen to be dating. | 一名纪录片制片人 正好在跟你约会 |
[06:42] | It’s kind of a mouthful, but we’ll go with it. | 有点拗口 不过就这么办吧 |
[06:45] | Oh, damn. I forgot my silk pillowcase. | 该死 忘带我的蚕丝枕套了 |
[06:49] | No, you didn’t. Really? | 你不是吧 |
[06:51] | Well, turn it around, you know, | 好了 掉头吧 要知道 |
[06:52] | because Zoe Baker cannot sleep on cheap hotel bedding. | 佐伊·贝克是不能睡在廉价酒店寝具上的 |
[06:55] | No. No, that’s, uh… | 不不 是以为… |
[06:59] | Forget it. Baltimore, baby. | 算了 巴尔的摩 宝贝 |
[07:03] | Baltimore, baby. | 巴尔的摩 宝贝 |
[07:08] | Here’s to you, Mr. Robinson. | 敬你 罗宾森先生 |
[07:16] | I am really too tired for this today. | 我今天累得不想买东西 |
[07:19] | Mom, you’re constantly in bed. | 妈妈 你一直在床上 |
[07:21] | I need new school clothes. | 我上学得买新衣服了 |
[07:23] | It’s okay, it’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[07:27] | Please, don’t cry. Please, please. | 拜托别哭 拜托 拜托 |
[07:30] | Can’t I just have one damn day? | 我他妈就不能好好过一天吗 |
[07:33] | Please, stop crying. | 拜托 别哭了 |
[07:37] | Toby, you don’t need a blazer. | 托比 你不需要穿西装 |
[07:39] | Yeah, I do. Look. | 我需要 你看 |
[07:42] | “‘Cause I don’t get no respect. No respect at all.” | “因为我没有任何尊重 一点都没有” |
[07:47] | Are-are you doing Rodney Dangerfield? | 你在模仿罗德尼·丹泽菲尔德吗 |
[07:50] | Dad lets me watch Johnny Carson. | 爸爸让我看约翰尼·卡森 |
[07:52] | “Me and my wife were happy for 20 years. Then we met.” | “我和我老婆幸福了20年 然后见面了” |
[08:00] | Oh, Toby. | 托比 |
[08:05] | Oh, Toby. | 托比 |
[08:08] | Come on. Let’s see if we can find you some shirts. | 来吧 看看能不能给你找几件衬衫 |
[08:21] | Hey, there’s my maybe-mama. | 早啊 准妈妈 |
[08:23] | Morning maybe-daddy. | 早 准爸爸 |
[08:26] | Okay, I don’t want to jinx us, but I think I’m pregnant. | 好吧 我不想被打脸 但我想我怀孕了 |
[08:29] | The test results are coming back today. | 检测结果今天出来 |
[08:31] | I’m going with pregnant. What do you think? | 我觉得是怀孕了 你觉得呢 |
[08:33] | Today is nothing but good news. | 今天只有好消息 |
[08:35] | What time is the doctor supposed to call with the results? | 医生说好是几点打电话通知结果来着 |
[08:36] | 4:00. | 四点 |
[08:38] | – 4:00. – Yeah. | -四点 -对 |
[08:38] | Right. So here’s what we’re gonna do. | 对 那我们今天这样 |
[08:40] | We are gonna keep ourselves busy. | 我们今天得让自己忙起来 |
[08:43] | I’m gonna go to work, you’re gonna go to work | 我要去上班 你要去上班 |
[08:44] | and nobody is gonna take a home pregnancy test. | 谁也不许在家做早孕测试 |
[08:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:49] | – Kate, say why. – Okay. | -凯特 说为什么 -好吧 |
[08:52] | Because at this stage it’s just not accurate | 因为在这个阶段 结果并不准确 |
[08:54] | and it causes emotional chaos. | 还会因为情绪导致激素紊乱 |
[08:55] | – And what do we want? – We want… | -那我们该怎样 -我们应该… |
[08:58] | – calm. – Calm. | -平静 -平静 |
[09:01] | All right, see you soon. | 好吧 回见 |
[09:03] | I can’t wait eight hours. | 我等不了八个小时 |
[09:04] | You’ll pass the time easy. | 你可以很轻易打发时间的 |
[09:05] | It’ll take you at least two hours to get ready for your gig. | 你准备演出至少就得两个小时 |
[09:08] | Well, three if I do my nails before my lashes. | 我如果刷睫毛前先涂指甲 得花三小时 |
[09:10] | Yeah, the gigs will get better. | 是啊 演出一定会更完美 |
[09:11] | All right, we meet back here at 4:00 | 我们四点钟回到这 |
[09:14] | to get the results together. | 一起等测试结果 |
[09:15] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[09:16] | – Okay. – Hey, babe. | -好的 -亲爱的 |
[09:18] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[09:20] | Thanks for being my rock. | 谢谢你一直做我的坚强后盾 |
[09:22] | Always. | 永远挺你 |
[09:30] | – Surprise! – What? Miguel. | -惊喜来了 -什么 米格尔 |
[09:33] | Yeah, I was driving by a-a yard sale and-and there it was. | 我开车经过旧货市场时看到了它 |
[09:36] | I know that your old piano used to be the center of your house, | 我知道你家以前有架旧钢琴 |
[09:38] | so I thought that maybe | 所以我觉得也许 |
[09:39] | you all could use something that says home. | 它能给你们带来家的感觉 |
[09:42] | Yeah, or-or we can take it away. | 要不我们就把它搬走 |
[09:44] | I mean, two of us’ll probably drop dead, but we could… | 我们俩可能会累死 不过 |
[09:46] | No, no, no. Come on in, of course. | 不不不 请进 |
[09:48] | – I’m just so surprised. – Great, okay. | -我只是太惊讶了 -太好了 |
[09:50] | – All right, come on, guys. – Just… ah. | -好的 大家进来吧 -只是 |
[09:52] | Help me swing it around this way. | 麻烦把它转向这边 |
[09:54] | Great, now this place is smaller. | 真好 这下家里更挤了 |
[10:00] | – Is your fridge still…? – Still. | -你家冰箱还是…-是啊 |
[10:02] | Let me take a look at it. | 我去看看 |
[10:03] | – Really? Thank you. – Yeah. | -可以吗 谢谢 -没事 |
[10:07] | Oh, my goodness. Wow. | 天啊 |
[10:16] | No girlfriend. | 不能说女朋友 |
[10:17] | – No. – No. Okay, how about, how about friends | -不行 -好吧 要不就说 |
[10:19] | with mind-blowing benefits that are close enough | 是一个关系好到会在加油站 |
[10:21] | to share some questionable beef jerky at a gas station | 分享一块不知名牛肉干的 |
[10:23] | while on a road trip together? | 红颜知己如何 |
[10:25] | – I’m gonna hit the ladies’ room. – Okay. | -我去下洗手间 -好 |
[10:26] | – Okay. – Yep. | -麻烦了 -没事 |
[10:28] | – Thank you. – See you in a bit. | -谢谢 -一会见 |
[10:31] | Pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[10:32] | – How are you? – All right. | -你好吗 -挺好 |
[10:33] | – Good. – Good. | -那就好 -不错 |
[10:37] | And… you got no Hi-Chew? | 你们这没有嗨啾软糖吗 |
[10:38] | No. | 没有 |
[10:40] | – Really? Perfect. – Bathroom was out of order. | -不是吧 太糟了 -厕所故障了 |
[10:42] | Hang on, ma’am, I’ll be right with you. | 请稍等 我稍后为您服务 |
[10:43] | Oh, no, we’re together. | 没事 我们一起的 |
[10:46] | Yeah, take those. And then, do you like, um… | 拿上那些 还有 你喜欢 |
[10:48] | do you like generic Twizzlers? | 你喜欢原味多滋乐扭扭糖吗 |
[10:50] | Harder to digest, the more I like them. | 越难消化 我就越喜欢 |
[10:56] | 费城市议会 投票支持兰德尔·皮尔森 | |
[10:57] | All right, people. Our goal | 好的各位 我们今天的目标 |
[10:58] | is to have a lot of Pearson signs leaving this place today, | 是让人们离开时带走更多的皮尔森标志 |
[11:00] | along with a lot of changed minds. Yeah? | 同时也让他们改变想法 好吗 |
[11:03] | Who are the owners? Owners here? | 老板是谁 老板在吗 |
[11:06] | Hello. How you doing, sir? | 您好 您好吗 先生 |
[11:09] | – Honored to meet you, sir. – Yeah. | -很荣幸见到您 -你好 |
[11:11] | Albert Jones, my wife Doris. | 我是艾伯特·琼斯 我妻子多丽丝 |
[11:13] | How you doing, ma’am? | 女士您好 |
[11:14] | I can’t thank you all enough for hosting today. | 十分感谢你们今天主持招待 |
[11:16] | Fixtures of the neighborhood like yourselves | 社区中像您家这样的店面 |
[11:19] | supporting change, it’s more meaningful than you know. | 肯支持变革 真的十分有意义 |
[11:21] | What we support is you paying up-front. | 我们支持的是你的预付款 |
[11:24] | Oh, yes, ma’am. I can, uh, got my checkbook right here. | 好的女士 我这就开支票 |
[11:29] | You guys enjoying yourselves? | 大家吃得尽兴吗 |
[11:30] | Randall Pearson, nice to meet you. | 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 很高兴见到你 |
[11:32] | Let me know if I can do anything for you, please. | 有什么需要我帮忙的请直说 |
[11:36] | Enjoying the food? Right on. | 食物可口吗 好极了 |
[11:38] | How you doing, ma’am? Randall Pearson. | 女士您好 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[11:40] | – Peasing? – No ma’am, Pearson. | -皮森 -不 是皮尔森 |
[11:42] | I’m running for councilman for the 12th District. | 我正在竞选第12街区议员 |
[11:44] | Oh, I don’t know nothing about that. You in line for food? | 我对那个一窍不通 你排队拿饭吗 |
[11:47] | No, ma’am, I didn’t mean to interrupt you. | 不 抱歉打扰您了 |
[11:48] | You go right ahead. Oh, man. | 您请便 天啊 |
[11:52] | Hey, how you doing, big man? | 你好吗 大块头 |
[11:53] | Randall Pearson. You are? | 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 您是 |
[11:54] | Hungry as a horse. Smells good. | 我饥肠辘辘 闻着真香 |
[11:56] | Right on. Hope you enjoy. | 可不是吗 祝你们玩得开心 |
[12:02] | Hey, ChiChi. | 琪琪 |
[12:04] | Take a look at this flyer, and tell me, where is my name? | 你看这张传单 我的名字在哪 |
[12:09] | Right… there. | 就在 那 |
[12:11] | In the fine print, like a pharmaceutical warning. | 在小字部分 就像药物注意事项一样 |
[12:14] | – Really? – You asked me to fill the place. | -不是吧 -你让我叫很多人 |
[12:16] | I filled the place. The rest is up to you. | 人来了 接下来就看你的了 |
[12:32] | For God’s sakes, Toby, don’t start. | 我的天 托比 别又开始了 |
[12:34] | This has been coming for a long time. | 这事早就已经说过了 |
[12:38] | You’ll spend the weekends with me. | 你周末要和我一起过 |
[12:40] | I know, Dad. I’m fine. | 我知道 爸爸 我没事 |
[12:43] | You’re a good kid, Toby. | 你是个好孩子 托比 |
[12:46] | But there’s so much of her in you, | 但你实在太像她 |
[12:47] | it scares the hell out of me. | 简直把我吓坏了 |
[12:49] | This sad-sack thing that comes over you, | 你那动不动就不高兴的样 |
[12:52] | you better find a way to get a handle on it. | 最好想办法控制一下 |
[12:54] | Because this crap simply will not fly when you’re grown. | 因为你长大后这毛病也会如影随形 |
[13:05] | Hi, can I help you sir? | 需要帮忙吗 先生 |
[13:06] | Yeah, uh, look, it-it’s, this is a funny story. | 是的 说起来可笑 |
[13:10] | I-I did– I did something a little… | 我 我做了 我做了件… |
[13:13] | My, uh, my wife was having a hell of a time getting pregnant, | 我妻子最近以来努力想怀孕 |
[13:17] | and our-our doctor said that my antidepressants | 医生说我服用的抗抑郁药 |
[13:20] | were killing my sperm. | 有杀精作用 |
[13:22] | She also said that the IVF we were gonna do had, | 她还说我们做试管婴儿 |
[13:23] | like, a 90% chance of failing, | 有90%的几率会失败 |
[13:25] | and my guys needed to be strong | 万一我们要再次尝试自然怀孕 |
[13:27] | in case we had to try again naturally. | 我的精子必须保持活力 |
[13:29] | – Mm, sir, I don’t think we can help you… – So, | -先生 恐怕我们没法帮您 -所以 |
[13:31] | so, uh, I-I went off my meds, and today, I find out | 所以我停了药 而今天我发觉 |
[13:35] | if I can go back on them, and if I can go back on them, | 如果我能再开始用药 如果能再开始的话 |
[13:37] | then I need to go back on them, like, right away, right now. | 那我需要再开始用药 立刻 马上 |
[13:39] | Toot sweet, you know what I mean? | 刻不容缓 你明白吗 |
[13:40] | You need to go back on your meds properly. | 你要以恰当的方式重新开始用药 |
[13:43] | Call your doctor, sir, today. | 今天就去联系你的医生 |
[13:46] | Is there someone that can pick you up? | 有医生能为你提供治疗吗 |
[13:50] | Well, yeah, uh, no, she can’t know. She can’t know. | 不行 不能让她知道 不能让她知道 |
[14:02] | I’m the singing Adele-o-gram. | 我是来模仿阿黛尔唱歌的 |
[14:04] | Uh, I was booked for a birthday party. | 有人请我来为生日聚会唱歌 |
[14:07] | Oh, right. Uh, he’ll be right out. | 对的 他马上就出来 |
[14:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[14:15] | Amaze. | 太美了 |
[14:16] | Kate, right? | 凯特 对吧 |
[14:17] | – Yeah. Hi. – I’m John. | -是的 你好 -我是约翰 |
[14:18] | So, everyone’s waiting in the conf. | 大家都在会议厅等着 |
[14:20] | This is gonna be so epic. | 这将会是精彩绝伦 |
[14:22] | Ooh, so epic. | 好啊 精彩绝伦 |
[14:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:27] | What’s up with you, tweaker? | 你怎么了 强迫症 |
[14:28] | It’s my first time meeting Allison’s parents. | 这是我第一次见艾莉森的父母 |
[14:30] | Oh, y-you’re good, man. | 你没问题的 老弟 |
[14:31] | You’re a parents’ dream: straight As, | 你是家长口中别人家的孩子 全优 |
[14:33] | good manners, no idea how to have sex. | 有礼貌 不知道怎么做爱 |
[14:35] | Shut up. You look like a bellhop. | 闭嘴 你就像个男仆一样 |
[14:39] | Well, how nice everyone looks. | 大家看起来都好棒 |
[14:41] | H-Hi, Mrs. Walsh. Uh, I’m Randall. | 您好 沃尔什夫人 我是兰德尔 |
[14:43] | And this is Kevin, my brother. And that’s Sophie. | 这是凯文 我的哥哥 这是索菲 |
[14:46] | Well, come in. | 欢迎 进来吧 |
[14:50] | Randall, give me a hug. | 兰德尔 抱一个 |
[14:53] | It’s so good to finally meet you. | 终于见到你 太好了 |
[14:55] | Allison, they’re here! | 艾莉森 他们来了 |
[15:04] | Y-You look amazing. | 你看起来好美 |
[15:07] | So do you. | 你也很帅气 |
[15:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:09] | – Um, shall I? – Yeah. | -能帮你戴上吗 -好 |
[15:16] | Hello there, Randall. | 你好 兰德尔 |
[15:19] | I’ve heard so much a… | 我听了很多… |
[15:28] | I’m sorry, I can’t do this. | 抱歉 我做不到 |
[15:31] | Dad! | 爸 |
[15:35] | Randall, I’m so sorry. | 兰德尔 非常抱歉 |
[15:41] | I’m Randall Pearson, and I’m running for councilman | 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 我正在竞选 |
[15:44] | for the 12th District. | 第12街区的议员 |
[15:49] | All right. | 好了 |
[15:51] | Say, can, um… can we get a round of applause | 我们能掌声感谢一下 |
[15:54] | for Doris and Al’s hospitality, | 多丽丝和艾伯特的热情款待 |
[15:55] | and the best damn ribs I’ve ever had? | 和我吃到过的最美味的肋排吗 |
[15:58] | All right. | 好了 |
[16:00] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢大家 |
[16:01] | Now, um, they’ve made it very clear to me | 他们明确跟我说过 |
[16:04] | that while they may be hosting today, | 尽管他们今天能让大家聚在一起 |
[16:06] | I have not won their support. | 我也不会赢得他们的支持 |
[16:08] | Not yet. And that’s fine. | 至少现在不行 没关系 |
[16:10] | I get it. I do. | 我明白 真的 |
[16:11] | ‘Cause, uh, most of y’all are probably wondering | 因为你们绝大多数人估计在想 |
[16:13] | who the hell I am, all of a sudden, right?. | 我到底是谁 对吧 |
[16:14] | Yeah… | 是的 |
[16:15] | Okay, I got a laugh. | 好的 我赢得了笑声 |
[16:17] | I like that, keep them coming. | 希望继续博得大家的欢声笑语 |
[16:20] | For the last decade, | 在过去十年里 |
[16:22] | I’ve been living in Alpine, New Jersey, raising a family. | 我住在新泽西州阿尔派恩社区 有个家庭 |
[16:26] | But my father William | 但我的父亲威廉 |
[16:27] | lived six blocks from here for 20 years. | 在离这六个街区的地方住了二十年 |
[16:30] | And he cared for the people in his building. | 他经常照顾那栋公寓里的人 |
[16:32] | He fought for their quality of life | 他总是向管理人员反映 |
[16:34] | by speaking up to management, often. | 希望能提升大家的生活质量 |
[16:36] | Was kind of like that, uh, mosquito | 就像是在你耳边嗡嗡叫 |
[16:38] | in your ear you can never quite catch? | 但你从来都抓不住的蚊子一样 |
[16:40] | You know what I’m saying? Another laugh. | 知道我什么意思吧 大家又笑了 |
[16:41] | That’s cool. | 很好 |
[16:43] | Anyway, um, when he died, | 不管怎么说 当他去世后 |
[16:48] | my wife Beth and I– hey, wife– | 我和我的妻子贝丝 |
[16:50] | we decided to take up his mantle, | 决定继承他的衣钵 |
[16:52] | and we bought the building and I became a landlord. | 我们买下了那栋公寓 我成了房东 |
[16:54] | And I fixed what was broken as fast as I could. | 我以最快的速度修好了破损之处 |
[16:57] | And then I saw the neighborhood: the broken streetlights, | 然后我看到附近的地方 坏掉的路灯 |
[17:00] | the rising crime, and I decided I wanted to fix that, too. | 犯罪愈发猖獗 我决定也要改善这些情况 |
[17:03] | Thought this wasn’t gonna be a speech. | 不是说你不会长篇大论吗 |
[17:05] | – Yeah. – You’re right, you’re right. | -是啊 -是的 是的 |
[17:07] | Get to the point, Pearson. Okay. | 说重点吧 皮尔森 好的 |
[17:12] | You all have been under the same leadership | 你们接受同一人的领导 |
[17:14] | for-for a very long time with a man that many of you | 已经很长时间了 以致于很多人 |
[17:17] | – think of as a friend. – He is a friend. | -将他视作朋友 -他就是朋友 |
[17:19] | – Been a friend for 30 years. -Yes, ma’am. | -三十年的老朋友了 -是的 女士 |
[17:21] | – I know that you are… – I don’t know what you’re talking about. | -我知道你… -我不明白你在说什么 |
[17:23] | I know you’re comfortable with Sol Brown. Right? | 我知道你们已经很熟悉索尔·布朗 对吧 |
[17:25] | – Yeah. – So comfortable, | -是的 -太熟悉了 |
[17:27] | that when he lets you down, | 以致于他让你们失望时 |
[17:28] | you may be willing to look the other way. | 你们宁愿避而不谈 |
[17:30] | Go home! | 滚吧 |
[17:31] | – Yeah! – Okay. | -是啊 -好的 |
[17:33] | You are not from here, honey. | 你又不是我们这的人 亲爱的 |
[17:35] | Listen, 33% of your businesses | 听我说 在过去十年 |
[17:37] | have been boarded up in the last ten years. | 你们三成的生意都关门大吉了 |
[17:39] | 40% of your children don’t have a place to go after school. | 40%的孩子们放学了不知道去哪儿 |
[17:42] | Kids are walking home in the dark, they’re getting hurt. | 孩子们摸着黑回家 他们还会受到伤害 |
[17:46] | Please. Ma’am, will you just take a poster on your way out? | 拜托了 女士 走的时候能拿张海报吗 |
[17:50] | And I’d really love to hear your concerns… | 我很愿意聆听你们的意见和建议 |
[17:57] | *Everybody loves the things you do* | *每个人都爱你所做的一切* |
[18:02] | *From the way you talk* | *从你说话的方式* |
[18:05] | *To the way you move… * | *到你走路的姿势* |
[18:07] | Hey, Dr. Weiss, it’s Toby Damon. | 你好 维斯医生 我是托比·达蒙 |
[18:09] | I know I’ve missed a couple of sessions, | 我知道我已经失约很多次了 |
[18:10] | but if you can give me a call back right away, | 但如果你能现在回我电话 |
[18:10] | *Everybody here is watching you* | *每个人都向你望去* |
[18:11] | that’d be great. Thanks. Bye. | 十分感激 谢谢 再见 |
[18:15] | *’Cause you feel like home* | *因为你感觉如家般的温暖* |
[18:18] | *You’re like a dream come true* | *你就像是成真的美梦* |
[18:23] | *But if by chance you’re here alone* | *但如果碰巧你独自一人在这里* |
[18:27] | *Can I have a moment* | *在我离开之前* |
[18:31] | *Before I go?* | *能否说句话* |
[18:35] | Miguel, I’m so sorry. | 米格尔 真对不起 |
[18:37] | I-I’ve almost got it, I swear. | 我马上就修好了 真的 |
[18:38] | Honestly, you don’t have to fix our fridge. | 说真的 你不用帮我们修冰箱 |
[18:41] | No, I… I do. I do, Rebecca. | 我必须修 丽贝卡 |
[18:43] | *I used to know* | *我曾经的一位故友* |
[18:46] | *You look like a movie* | *你的动作像一部电影* |
[18:50] | *You sound like a song* | *你的声音像一首歌* |
[18:53] | *My God, this reminds me* | *天啊这让我想起* |
[18:57] | *Of when we were young* | *我们的年少时光* |
[19:00] | *Let me photograph you in this light* | *让我用相机记录下你此刻的光影* |
[19:04] | *In case it is the last time* | *我害怕我们以后* |
[19:07] | *That we might be exactly like we were* | *再也无法像此刻一样* |
[19:12] | *Before we realized* | *然后我们意识到* |
[19:14] | *We were scared…* | *我们害怕* |
[19:16] | So you’re Jack Pearson’s son. | 你就是杰克·皮尔森的儿子 |
[19:20] | *It was just like a movie* | *就像一部电影* |
[19:23] | *It was just like a song* | *就像一首歌* |
[19:27] | *When we were young* | *像我们年少时一样* |
[19:41] | Josie, don’t go. | 乔茜 别走 |
[19:43] | I’m going through a rough patch. | 我正在经历困难时期 |
[19:44] | – All right? If… – Rough patch? | -好吗 如果… -困难时期 |
[19:45] | All you do is play your Xbox for hours on end online. | 你整天只会在网上玩你的Xbox游戏机 |
[19:49] | Hey, hey, hey. Hey, look. I’ll-I’ll get, | 我会… |
[19:50] | – I’ll get back on the meds. – Look, we gave it a shot. | -我会恢复用药的 -我们尝试过了 |
[19:53] | Okay? Maybe it’s just not meant to be, with us. | 或许我们不应该在一起 |
[20:01] | Hey, can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗 |
[20:03] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[20:05] | Right now, I’m waiting for the elevator. | 现在 我在等电梯 |
[20:07] | I have to be home at 4:00. | 我得在四点前回到家 |
[20:09] | No, I’m saying you’re, like, seriously talented. | 不 我是说 你非常有天赋 |
[20:11] | Like, you should be on The Voice. | 你应该去参加《美国之声》 |
[20:16] | Yeah, no, this pays the bills. | 对 这来能付水电费 |
[20:18] | It pays the gas bill. | 能付燃气费 |
[20:20] | Let’s be honest, it pays half the gas bill. | 说实话 能付一半的燃气费 |
[20:23] | Well, you’re amazing. | 你很棒 |
[20:26] | – So… – Here’s the thing. | -所以…-是这样的 |
[20:31] | When sad things happen to me, | 当我遇到不幸时 |
[20:35] | I tend to shut music out of my life. | 我就把音乐赶出我的生活 |
[20:38] | A lot of sad things have happened to me, | 我身上遇到过很多不幸 |
[20:41] | which is why I’m nearly 40, singing Adele-o-grams. | 所以我快四十岁了 还在模仿阿黛尔唱歌 |
[20:46] | Fits and starts, right? | 断断续续地唱 对吧 |
[20:50] | Well, I hope things stay happy, then. | 那希望你一切顺利 |
[20:52] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[21:16] | *Head and in* | *完完全全* |
[21:18] | *To my heart* | *走入我心* |
[21:21] | *Gonna find* | *将要发现* |
[21:23] | *The strength…* | *内心的力量* |
[21:56] | And, uh, this one is a Purple Heart, | 这是我的紫心勋章 |
[21:59] | which I got in exchange for my right foot. | 是我用右脚换来的 |
[22:05] | Yeah. Your father… | 你父亲… |
[22:09] | You want to join me in a nip of bourbon, son? | 跟我喝点波旁威士忌吗 孩子 |
[22:15] | I would love to, but I can’t, I’m sober. | 我很想喝 但不行 我戒酒了 |
[22:19] | – Well, good for you. – Thank you. | -你很棒 -谢谢 |
[22:21] | Yeah. My, uh, | 我的… |
[22:25] | my dad suffered as well with alcohol, so… | 我的父亲也受尽了酒精的折磨 所以… |
[22:29] | Yeah. I was, I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[22:32] | maybe it had something to do with the war, you know? | 或许是受那场战争的影响 |
[22:34] | His way of coping with what he’d seen over there. | 用这种方式忘记那些战争场面 |
[22:38] | As a mechanic. | 作为一个机修工吗 |
[22:47] | How deep you want to go here, son? | 你想要了解多少 孩子 |
[22:51] | Well, I’m here, right? | 我来都来了 是吧 |
[22:55] | Your father was not a mechanic. | 你父亲不是机修工 |
[22:58] | He was a Staff Sergeant with Alpha Company’s 3rd Squad. | 他是A连3班的上士 |
[23:03] | Squad leader, in fact. | 是名小队长 |
[23:06] | And in October 1971, | 1971年10月 |
[23:10] | your dad saved my life. | 你父亲救过我的命 |
[23:18] | You two make an adorable couple. | 你俩真是一对可爱的情侣 |
[23:21] | – Oh, we’re not serious. – Really? | -我们的关系没有那么认真 -是吗 |
[23:25] | So you just casually went on a long road trip | 所以你只是随意地开了一段长途 |
[23:28] | to track down his father’s war buddy? | 来找他父亲的战友 |
[23:31] | I have some hang-ups with men. | 我对男人有些心理障碍 |
[23:34] | And he’s the first pure alabaster one | 而他是我第一个 |
[23:36] | I’ve dated seriously, | 认真约会的对象 |
[23:38] | so… Yeah. | 所以… |
[23:42] | Today at the gas station, | 今天在加油站 |
[23:43] | the cashier didn’t realize we were together, | 收银员没想到我俩是一起的 |
[23:47] | and, um, she was rude to me. | 她对我的态度有点不礼貌 |
[23:50] | Not in the obvious way, just, uh… | 她并没有表现得很明显 只是… |
[23:52] | I got it. | 我明白 |
[23:54] | and, Kevin, he was… | 凯文 他… |
[23:56] | He didn’t get it? | 他没懂 |
[23:57] | He didn’t even see it. | 他完全没看出来 |
[24:00] | And it’s the little things, you know, like, this morning, | 还有件小事情 今天早上 |
[24:02] | I forgot my pillowcase | 我忘记带我的枕套了 |
[24:05] | and I realized he thinks I sleep with a special pillowcase | 然后我发现他以为我必须用特殊的枕套 |
[24:07] | because I’m fancy. | 是因为我很讲究 |
[24:09] | Oh, Lord. | 上帝啊 |
[24:11] | – Did you explain it to him? – No. | -你跟他解释了吗 -没有 |
[24:13] | When I start explaining that I need a silk pillowcase | 如果我跟他解释我用丝绸枕套 |
[24:15] | for my hair, then where does it end? | 是因为我的头发 那就解释个没完了 |
[24:18] | There’s always gonna be something, right? | 总会有解释不通的事情 对吗 |
[24:21] | And do I really want to spend my time | 我真的要花那么多时间 |
[24:22] | trying to explain what it’s like to be black | 向一个白人电影明星解释 |
[24:24] | to a white movie star? | 黑人的生活是什么样的吗 |
[24:27] | Sounds exhausting. | 听起来很累人 |
[24:29] | Little bit. | 有一点 |
[24:33] | Well, it seems to me, | 在我看来 |
[24:35] | you need to decide what you can handle. | 你需要弄清楚你能接受什么 |
[24:38] | And if he’s worth it to you. | 以及他是否值得你这么做 |
[24:44] | Let’s get to this key lime pie. | 现在去吃酸橙派吧 |
[24:52] | Well, that was an unmitigated disaster. | 简直就是彻头彻尾的灾难 |
[24:55] | Five people stayed behind to talk to you. | 有五个人留下来要跟你说话呢 |
[24:58] | They work here, Beth. | 他们在这工作 贝丝 |
[25:01] | I don’t get it, babe. | 我不明白 宝贝 |
[25:02] | Every day I hear a new complaint | 每天我都会听到有人抱怨 |
[25:04] | about quality of life in this district, | 这个街区的生活质量 |
[25:06] | and in the next breath they say, “I’m voting for Sol Brown.” | 但转头又说自己要投票给索尔·布朗 |
[25:09] | What’s that supposed to tell me? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[25:11] | Go back where you belong. | 回到属于你的地方 |
[25:12] | What’s that, now? | 什么意思 |
[25:14] | – I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. – Hey, babe. | -抱歉我没听明白 -亲爱的 |
[25:17] | I said go back where you belong. | 我说回到属于你的地方 |
[25:20] | Where I belong, huh? | 属于我的地方 |
[25:24] | And where exactly is that, Mr. Jones? | 那是哪里呢 琼斯先生 |
[25:27] | Oh, please, you tell me | 请你告诉我 |
[25:29] | because you would be answering the great mystery of my life, | 那么你将解答我人生中最大的迷惑 |
[25:31] | I tell you that. | 可以这么说 |
[25:35] | Look, all due respect, sir, | 恕我直言 先生 |
[25:36] | this is a community of good people | 在这个社区里 |
[25:38] | who have been totally abandoned, | 善良的人却被彻底抛弃 |
[25:39] | and I can’t fathom why they’re not furious about it. | 我不明白他们为什么不生气 |
[25:42] | Because they know the man who’s failing them? | 因为他们了解那个背弃他们的人吗 |
[25:45] | When did complacency become the best option here? | 什么时候自满成了这里最好的选择 |
[25:48] | Blind loyalty the better way? | 盲目忠诚难道更好吗 |
[25:50] | Man, get the hell on out of my restaurant. | 天啊 从我饭店里滚出去 |
[25:52] | Albert, come on, now. | 艾伯特 别这样 |
[25:53] | Who do you think you are, coming down here | 你以为你是谁 到这里来 |
[25:55] | and wagging your finger in our faces? | 在我们面前指手画脚 |
[25:58] | In 2003, | 2003年 |
[25:59] | after owning this place for 21 years, | 在拥有这个地方21年后 |
[26:02] | working our fingers to the bone, | 我们拼命地工作 |
[26:04] | new landlord comes strolling up in here with his white collar | 新房东系着白领带 拿着白纸黑字的文件 |
[26:08] | and his white agenda to move black folks out. | 来到这里 要把黑人都赶出去 |
[26:11] | He raises the rent by a half, and just like that we were done. | 他把房租提高了一半 我们没戏了 |
[26:16] | Doris sat down on the floor right there | 多丽丝坐在地上哭 |
[26:18] | where you’re standing, and she sobbed. | 就是你现在站的位置 |
[26:21] | New councilman heard our story, | 新来的议员听说了我们的事 |
[26:23] | a skinny young cat named Sol Brown. | 一个叫索尔·布朗的瘦小青年 |
[26:27] | He took the landlord to a Phillies game. | 他把房东带去费城看了场比赛 |
[26:30] | Something was decided, I don’t know what, and I don’t… | 就达成了某种协议 我不知道是什么 |
[26:33] | I don’t much care, ’cause the next day | 我也不在乎 因为第二天 |
[26:36] | the landlord came back up in here, | 房东回到这里 |
[26:38] | raised the rent a reasonable rate, | 把房租提高了一个合理的比率 |
[26:40] | sat down, we broke bread together, | 坐下来 我们还一起掰面包吃 |
[26:43] | and 15 years later, we still here. | 十五年后 我们依然在这里 |
[26:46] | So, no. | 所以不对 |
[26:48] | We don’t owe Sol Brown our loyalty. | 我们不是亏欠索尔·布朗忠诚 |
[26:55] | We owe him our lives. | 而是欠他我们的命 |
[27:01] | Am I clear? | 明白了吗 |
[27:05] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[27:12] | Toby? | 托比 |
[27:18] | Sweetie, uh, your brother | 亲爱的 你的弟弟 |
[27:21] | is-is really worried about you. | 非常担心你 |
[27:24] | He-he said that you talked on the phone | 他说你在电话里 |
[27:26] | and that you said some pretty scary things. | 说了一些很可怕的事情 |
[27:29] | Have you been outside at all? | 你有出去过吗 |
[27:36] | Toby, Josie’s been gone for months. | 托比 乔茜已经走了几个月了 |
[27:38] | – Y-You really need to get up. – I can’t. | -你真的该振作起来 -我不能 |
[27:42] | Yes, you can. I did. | 你可以 我就做到了 |
[27:46] | With the help of a ten-year-old boy who did impressions. | 还是某个模仿滑稽表演的十岁男孩帮的忙 |
[27:53] | Listen to me, the joy in you | 听我说 你内心的快乐 |
[27:57] | is as much a part of you as this sadness. | 和悲伤一样 都是属于你的一部分 |
[28:00] | Do you hear me? | 你听见了吗 |
[28:03] | I do think the medication | 我认为药物治疗 |
[28:04] | and our sessions are having an effect, Toby. | 和我们的疗程起效果了 托比 |
[28:06] | I concur, Doc Feelgood. | 我同意 “感觉良好”医生 |
[28:09] | Now, if we could only find somebody who wanted to date a guy | 现在可以去找有没有人愿意 |
[28:11] | who looks like he swallowed the Unabomber. | 跟我这个像吞了炸弹客一样的人约会 |
[28:14] | Is that something that you’d like to attack? | 这是你想做的事情吗 |
[28:20] | And so I said to myself, | 然后我对自己说 |
[28:21] | “Tanya, you have lost the weight, | “塔尼亚 你减掉了体重 |
[28:23] | And now you can help others be skinny like you.” | 现在你可以帮别人变得和你一样苗条” |
[28:28] | Oh, thank you, guys. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[28:32] | So, who would like to share first? | 谁想先来分享一下 |
[28:35] | Come on. Come on, come on, come on. | 快快快 给把力啊 |
[28:36] | Seriously, man? | 不是吧 哥们儿 |
[28:37] | You’ve been hogging this for a hour. | 你已经占了一个小时了 |
[28:39] | What are you even talking about? What time is it? | 你说什么呢 现在几点了 |
[28:41] | 3:45 3:45. | |
[28:44] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no. | 不不不 不好 |
[28:49] | So, you’re saying my old man was in charge | 你是说 我爸是这伙人 |
[28:50] | – of all these guys? – Yep. | -里面的队长 -是的 |
[28:51] | – And they all loved him. – All right. | -大家都喜欢他 -好吧 |
[28:53] | That sounds about right. | 应该是的 |
[28:55] | Man. You know, I always knew | 我一直都知道 |
[28:57] | there was more to his story than he let on. | 他的故事远不止他讲的那些 |
[28:59] | You know? Even as a kid, like, I would ask him questions | 甚至我还小时 当我问他这类问题 |
[29:01] | or a war movie would come on, you know, and, um… | 或者看战争片的时候 |
[29:05] | I don’t know, something would come over him, | 我不知道 他会想起一些事 |
[29:08] | you know, l-like, uh… | 就好像… |
[29:11] | like, as if he was haunted. | 好像他很受折磨 |
[29:14] | Well, he wasn’t haunted when I got pulled out. | 在我离开时 他还不是那样 |
[29:18] | I, uh, tried writing him. | 我给他写过信 |
[29:20] | Never heard back. | 但从没回音 |
[29:23] | And then, you know, time. | 后来时间渐渐久了 |
[29:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:30] | And, uh, these guys here, | 这里这些人 |
[29:32] | you know, might they know something? | 他们可能知道什么吗 |
[29:36] | him there, that’s-that’s Townie. | 这个人 是公子哥 |
[29:38] | I heard he passed from cancer about, uh, ten years ago. | 我听说他十年前因为癌症去世了 |
[29:41] | And that’s Murphy. Died in-country. | 那是墨菲 死在越南了 |
[29:44] | And, uh, that man, I don’t know him. | 这个人 我不认识 |
[29:47] | – No? – No. | -不认识吗 -不认识 |
[29:49] | It says “Pearson” on this guy’s shirt. | 他的衬衫上写着”皮尔森” |
[29:51] | I’m pretty sure that’s my uncle that died in the war. | 他肯定就是我战死的叔叔了 |
[29:55] | My dad never talked about him much, | 我父亲很少谈论他 |
[29:56] | so… You ever cross paths with him? | 所以… 你见过他吗 |
[29:59] | No, no. | 没见过 |
[30:03] | Look, son, I-I know you come a long way, | 孩子 我知道你大老远赶过来 |
[30:06] | and I’m sorry I don’t have the answers you’re looking for. | 但是很抱歉 我并没有你要找的答案 |
[30:11] | But in my experience with this particular war, | 不过根据我对这场战争的了解 |
[30:15] | sometimes the answers are so dark | 答案有时会非常残酷 |
[30:19] | you’re better off not having them. | 你还是不知道为好 |
[30:32] | – What are you doing here? – Fixing your fridge. | -你怎么来了 -修理你家的冰箱 |
[30:35] | I’m almost done. Hey, Randall. | 就快修好了 兰德尔 |
[30:38] | Why are you home so early? Prom that boring? | 你怎么这么早就回来了 毕业舞会很无聊吗 |
[30:41] | Never made it there. | 没去成 |
[30:43] | Her dad freaked out when he saw me. | 她父亲见到我的时候吓坏了 |
[30:45] | So… | 所以… |
[30:51] | You know I was born in Puerto Rico? | 你知道我出生在波多黎各吗 |
[30:54] | I, uh, came here to Pittsburgh when I was eight years old. | 我八岁时来到匹兹堡 |
[30:57] | And I was determined | 当时我下定决心 |
[31:01] | to not have an accent | 要改掉口音 |
[31:02] | ’cause I was gonna be starting at a new school. | 因为我要去新学校上学了 |
[31:05] | So I studied every American TV show. | 所以我认真收看每一个电视节目 |
[31:08] | I repeated every line from every commercial all summer long. | 整个夏天我都跟着广告模仿 一句不落 |
[31:12] | And the second… | 可是呢 |
[31:15] | I walked into class on the first day, | 开学第一天我刚走进教室 |
[31:17] | before I could even say a word, | 还没等我开口说话 |
[31:19] | those kids, they gave me a nickname: | 那帮学生就给我起了个外号 |
[31:23] | Ricky Ricardo. Who’s Cuban. | 瑞奇·里卡多 他是个古巴人 |
[31:28] | – You know what I did? – What? | -知道我怎么做吗 -什么 |
[31:31] | I started entering every room saying, “Lucy, I’m home.” | 后来我走进教室就会说”露西 我回来了” |
[31:38] | But you are stronger than I was. | 不过你比当时的我坚强 |
[31:41] | – Even at that age, Randall. – Thanks. | -即便是那个年纪的你 兰德尔 -谢谢 |
[31:44] | But I’m-I’m tired, so I’m gonna go to bed. | 可是我累了 我先去睡了 |
[31:53] | I-I feel like my brain’s gonna explode, you know? | 我觉得自己的脑袋快炸了 |
[31:55] | I feel like I learned a lot today, | 我觉得我今天了解了很多 |
[31:56] | but at the same time, I feel like I didn’t learn anything. | 可又觉得什么都没了解到 |
[31:59] | You order room service? | 你叫了客房服务吗 |
[32:02] | Uh, delivery for Kevin Pearson? | 给凯文·皮尔森先生的 |
[32:05] | Oh, that’s for you. | 是给你的 |
[32:08] | I got the best one I could find. | 这是我能找到最好的了 |
[32:12] | You got me a pillowcase? | 你给我要了个枕套 |
[32:15] | Yeah. It seemed really important to you, so… | 是啊 这对你好像很重要 所以… |
[32:21] | Kevin… | 凯文 |
[32:21] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[32:25] | The reason I need the silk pillowcase | 我需要丝绸枕套 |
[32:28] | is because it keeps my hair from drying. | 是因为它能保持我的头发湿润 |
[32:31] | And today, at the gas station, | 还有今天在加油站 |
[32:34] | the clerk was racist. | 那个收银员种族歧视我 |
[32:38] | You’re kidding me. What’d she say to you? | 不是吧 她说什么了 |
[32:39] | She didn’t say anything, | 她什么都没说 |
[32:40] | but she assumed we weren’t together. | 但她下意识认为我们不是一起的 |
[32:43] | And she was sharp with me because she was bothered | 而且她很抵触我 因为她不喜欢 |
[32:46] | by a black person invading a white person’s space. | 有个黑人闯入了一个白人的空间 |
[32:51] | Why are you just now telling me this? | 为什么现在和我说这些 |
[32:56] | Because I think, God help me, | 因为我觉得 天啊 |
[33:00] | I think you just might be worth it. | 我觉得你值得我这样做 |
[33:15] | You know, when I was three years old, | 我三岁的时候 |
[33:18] | my mom sang me this lullaby, | 我妈妈给我唱了这首摇篮曲 |
[33:20] | and once was all I needed to hear it | 我只要听一次 |
[33:22] | before I could sing it back. | 就能唱出来 |
[33:25] | Music was always in me. | 音乐一直在我身体中流淌 |
[33:29] | And I put it aside lots of times. | 可我却多次放弃了音乐 |
[33:35] | Out of fear and sadness, | 因为害怕和难过 |
[33:39] | and lots of reasons. | 许许多多的原因 |
[33:45] | It’s funny. When Miguel brought the piano here today, | 真有趣 米格尔今天把钢琴送来的时候 |
[33:49] | you said it made the room look a lot smaller. | 你说家里更挤了 |
[33:51] | And to me, it felt so much bigger. | 可对我来说 房间大了很多 |
[33:55] | ‘Cause music has always represented this huge, empty room | 因为对我来说 音乐一直是个空旷的房间 |
[34:00] | that I could just walk right in and let myself pour out. | 让我可以走进去 吐露心声 |
[34:15] | *All through the night* | *整个夜晚* |
[34:19] | *I’ll be awake* | *我都不会睡* |
[34:22] | *And I’ll be with you…* | *我会陪着你…* |
[34:26] | Can you sing that back to me? | 你能跟我一起唱吗 |
[34:29] | Come on. | 唱嘛 |
[34:35] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[34:39] | Okay. It’s okay. | 好吧 没关系 |
[34:43] | You’re not ready. | 你还没准备好 |
[34:47] | But one day, I know you’re gonna sit back down at this piano | 可总有一天 我知道你会坐回这架钢琴前 |
[34:51] | and start singing again. | 再次开始歌唱 |
[34:56] | ‘Cause it’s gonna be a place | 因为在这里 |
[34:57] | where you can put all of that sadness. | 可以让你放下所有悲伤 |
[35:03] | And because it’s what you’re meant to do. | 同时这也将会是你的命运 |
[35:32] | *Everybody knows what they want to be* | *人人都知道自己想成为什么人* |
[35:38] | *Lately, I’ve been feeling like* | *最近 我一直觉得* |
[35:40] | *Everyone knows but me* | *人人都知道 除了我* |
[35:45] | *Been keeping my head down* | *始终低着头* |
[35:49] | *For too long* | *低了很久* |
[35:52] | *Now* | *现在* |
[35:55] | – Kate? – There were… | -凯特 -那里… |
[35:58] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[36:00] | I am so sorry. I know I’m late. | 很抱歉 我知道我回来晚了 |
[36:05] | The doctor already called. | 医生已经来过电话了 |
[36:12] | It worked, baby. | 成功了 亲爱的 |
[36:18] | – I’m pregnant. – Really? | -我怀孕了 -真的吗 |
[36:19] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[36:28] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[36:34] | What? | 你怎么了 |
[36:41] | Toby you’re okay? | 托比你还好吗 |
[36:44] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[36:46] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[36:57] | Give yourself a break. | 别太苛责自己 |
[36:59] | It was your first day, you know? | 万事开头难 你知道的 |
[37:01] | You know more now. Seen more faces, heard more voices. | 以后更有经验了 多见见人听听不同的建议 |
[37:05] | Yeah. Screaming at me. | 大喊大叫的建议 |
[37:06] | Well. Complacent people don’t scream, baby. | 洋洋自得的人是不会大喊大叫的 宝贝 |
[37:10] | I said that, huh? | 我说了这话 |
[37:11] | Yes, you did. And you’ll never say it again. | 是的 你说过 但你不会再说这句话了 |
[37:15] | They grew up with the man, Beth. | 他们是和议员一起长大的 贝丝 |
[37:17] | They are him, he’s them. | 他们是不可分割的一个整体 |
[37:20] | I’m gonna have to find a different way. | 我必须找到其它的办法 |
[37:23] | Yo. Baby. | 宝贝 |
[37:25] | Your interview. I didn’t ask you. Tell me, tell me, please. | 你的面试我都忘记问了 快告诉我 |
[37:28] | What’s there to say, you know? | 还有什么可说的 意料之中的事 |
[37:29] | – I was a boss. – Yes. Of course you were. | -我以前可是领导 -是的 你当然是 |
[37:32] | So when they make you this job offer, you’re gonna take it? | 如果他们给你提供这份工作 你会接受吗 |
[37:33] | All right, we’ll see about the offer, okay? | 别急 我们还要再看看工作的细节 好吗 |
[37:36] | We’ll see what happens when the deal comes in. | 等到谈到细节再看视情况而定 |
[37:38] | Yes, ma’am. Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 夫人 遵命 夫人 |
[37:39] | – Meet you at home? – Yes. I love you. | -回家见 -好的 我爱你 |
[37:42] | Drive safe. | 小心开车 |
[37:44] | Hey, at least you didn’t cry. | 至少你今天没有哭 |
[37:48] | See you. | 等会见 |
[37:53] | Yeah, and the Hexpods in New York | 纽约推出的六足机器人 |
[37:55] | really inspired me. | 给了我很多启发 |
[37:56] | I feel like we can do something similar here, | 我觉得我们也可以做类似的产品 |
[37:58] | just improve upon the idea. | 进一步改善设计理念 |
[38:00] | Well, your last boss, Bill, couldn’t rave about you more. | 你的前任老板比尔 简直对你赞不绝口 |
[38:04] | That must’ve been hard parting ways. | 你离开公司一定很难过 |
[38:06] | We don’t see a lot of resumes with 12 years at one place. | 我们很少看到在同一家公司工作十二年的简历 |
[38:09] | Yeah. Oh, gosh. | 是啊 天哪 |
[38:11] | I was there for a long time, but you know, | 我确实在那工作了很长时间 但你也明白 |
[38:14] | budget cuts, and um… but, um, yeah. | 预算缩减这种问题 不过 |
[38:18] | Bill and I practically started that company together. | 基本上是我和比尔共同开创了那家公司 |
[38:21] | I was just a kid. | 我当时还年轻 |
[38:23] | Wide-eyed, and-and, | 天真不经事 |
[38:27] | committed to serving the underserved. | 许诺为需要帮助的人提供帮助 |
[38:34] | Sorry. It’s still a little raw. | 抱歉 喉咙有点干 |
[38:39] | What was I saying? | 我说到哪了 |
[38:42] | Yes. | 没错 |
[38:44] | So, I was there for a while, | 我确实在那工作了很久 |
[38:47] | and, um, I, uh… | 但我… |
[38:52] | Beth, are you all right? | 贝丝 你还好吗 |
[39:01] | Could you give me… could you give me a minute? | 我能 我能失陪一下吗 |
[39:03] | – Of course. – Okay, thank you. | -当然 -好的 谢谢你 |
[39:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:11] | I think it’s been five weeks since he’s been off of them. | 我猜他停药已经有五周了 |
[39:15] | I know, Dr. Weiss. | 我知道 维斯医生 |
[39:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:19] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[39:27] | Babe? | 宝贝 |
[39:29] | I just spoke to the doctor. | 我刚跟医生通过电话了 |
[39:30] | He wants you to come in tomorrow, | 他希望你明天能去一趟 |
[39:32] | and talk about adjusting your meds. | 讨论一下该怎么调整用药 |
[39:45] | I didn’t know what to do with him. | 我不知道该拿他怎么办 |
[39:47] | It’s okay. You were right to bringing him here, all right? | 没事 你把他带到我这就对了 好吗 |
[39:49] | You go ahead and tale the limo home. | 你先走 把礼车还回去 |
[39:50] | I’m gonna take care of him, okay? | 我来照顾他 好吗 |
[39:51] | – Okay. – Come on, Kevin. I got you, buddy. | -好的 -走吧 凯文 有我在呢 |
[39:53] | – I hope you feel better. – Come on. | -希望你感觉好点 -走吧 |
[39:55] | Watch the steps. | 小心脚下 |
[39:57] | Hey, it’s Miguel. | 我是米格尔 |
[39:58] | – I’m not waking you, am I? – No. | -我没有吵醒你吧 -没有 |
[40:01] | Miguel… | 米格尔 |
[40:02] | you fixed the fridge. | 你把冰箱修好了 |
[40:05] | Yeah, um, listen, Kevin’s here. | 是的 听着 凯文在我这 |
[40:10] | He’s fine, but he’s had a little too much to drink. | 他没事 只不过他喝得有点多 |
[40:12] | – Okay. I’m on my way. – No, no, no, no. It’s okay. | -好的 我马上来 -不用来 没关系 |
[40:15] | I’ve got him, and he’s sleeping, so, um… | 我已经安顿好他了 他正在睡觉 |
[40:19] | he’s fine here, really. | 他在我这没事 |
[40:23] | Miguel… | 米格尔 |
[40:26] | thank you… | 谢谢 |
[40:28] | for all you’re doing to help. | 谢谢做的一切 |
[40:32] | You’re too good to us. | 你对我们真的太好了 |
[40:34] | We don’t deserve you. | 我们不值得你这样费心 |
[40:37] | Hey, Miguel, | 米格尔 |
[40:38] | you gonna act out the plays for me, | 你是准备给我演这出戏 |
[40:39] | or can I maybe see the TV, too? | 还是我也能一起看看电视 |
[40:43] | Here. | 给 |
[40:44] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[40:49] | – Life insurance? – Yeah. | -人寿保险 -没错 |
[40:51] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[40:52] | – Pretty bleak stuff, huh? – Yeah. | -很丧的东西 对吧 -没错 |
[40:54] | Hey, you shouldn’t pay for that scam. | 你不应该把钱花在这种骗钱的东西上 |
[40:56] | – No? – No. Jack Pearson don’t die. | -不该 -不该 杰克·皮尔森不会死 |
[41:01] | But seriously, man… | 不过说真的 哥们 |
[41:04] | I get hit by a bus, you’ll look out for ’em, right? | 要是我出车祸 你会替我照顾他们 对吗 |
[41:36] | You have to understand the Jack I knew | 你要知道我所认识的杰克 |
[41:39] | wanted everything from that war behind him. | 会希望把所有和战争有关的事都忘记 |
[41:42] | But who’s to say he wouldn’t have wanted you | 但没人敢说他不会希望你 |
[41:44] | to know his story? | 能够知道这段历史 |
[41:55] | I hope these help. | 希望这些对你有用 |
[42:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:06] | 杰克·皮尔森上士收 多米诺寄 |