时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Now, remember… | 你要记住 |
[00:04] | big brothers look out for their little brothers. | 哥哥要照顾好自己的弟弟 |
[00:07] | It’s their only job. | 这是他们唯一的责任 |
[00:11] | I want to enlist, Doc. | 我想入伍 医生 |
[00:14] | I need to be there with him. | 我要去那陪着他 |
[00:15] | Hey, little brother. | 你好 弟弟 |
[00:21] | I have known her all of her life. | 我和她从小就认识 |
[00:23] | Her background is complicated. | 她的过往很复杂 |
[00:25] | She will break you, Kevin. | 她会令你伤心欲绝 凯文 |
[00:27] | That is a visa application for a trip to Vietnam. | 这是去越南的签证申请 |
[00:30] | I’m gonna go to the place where my dad last served. | 我得去我爸爸最后服役的地方 |
[00:31] | I’m gonna track down that woman, | 我要找到那个女人 |
[00:32] | and I’m gonna figure out my dad’s story. | 然后弄清楚我爸爸的故事 |
[00:34] | Vietnam, huh? | 越南吗 |
[00:35] | – You want to go? – Yeah. | -你真的想去 -嗯 |
[00:36] | Yeah, all right. | 太好了 |
[00:38] | Do you want to go on a drive? | 你想出去开车兜兜风吗 |
[00:40] | Where do you want to go? | 你想去哪里 |
[00:41] | Los Angeles. | 洛杉矶 |
[00:44] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -好啊 -真的吗 |
[00:45] | Yeah, let’s go to Los Angeles. | 真的 我们去洛杉矶吧 |
[01:28] | Could I get a look at that one? | 我能看下那个吗 |
[01:31] | Shiny. Girls like shiny, right? | 很亮 女孩都喜欢闪亮的东西 对吗 |
[02:26] | Preparing for landing at Tân Son Nhat International Airport. | 准备降落新山一国际机场 |
[02:45] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[02:47] | Is that really you? | 真的是你吗 |
[02:49] | Yeah, it’s really me. | 真的是我 |
[02:57] | If you die out here, that’s not on me. | 如果你死在这里 不能算我头上 |
[03:01] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[03:02] | – It’s okay. – Don’t, no. | -没事了 -别 |
[03:04] | Don’t touch me. Don’t look at me. | 别碰我 也别看我 |
[03:10] | You’re not here. I’m not here. | 你没来过这里 我也不在这 |
[03:12] | I’m not even here. | 我根本不在这里 |
[03:16] | What are you on, Nick? | 你在说什么胡话 尼克 |
[03:34] | I’m gonna get you out of here. | 我要带你离开这里 |
[03:35] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[03:37] | How? | 怎么带 |
[03:40] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法的 |
[03:42] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[03:44] | Why, do you got a plan, Jack? | 怎么 你有主意了吗 杰克 |
[03:46] | I got charged with Article 15. That’s unbecoming conduct. | 我受上级处罚 他们这是虐待 |
[03:51] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法的 |
[03:54] | Jesus Christ. | 我的老天 |
[03:59] | You know… | 其实… |
[04:02] | it was just a nickname, man. | 那只是个绰号 |
[04:05] | You’re not Superman. | 你并不是超人 |
[04:08] | It’s just a… stupid nickname. | 只是个…愚蠢的绰号而已 |
[04:38] | Well, we’re officially out of Pittsburgh. | 我们已正式离开匹兹堡 |
[04:41] | Only 2,423 more miles till we get to Los Angeles. | 只剩下3771公里就到洛杉矶了 |
[04:45] | – So almost there. – Yeah, exactly. | -快到了 -没错 |
[04:53] | My mom says I’m nuts | 我妈说我简直疯了 |
[04:54] | for doing this with a guy I barely know. | 和一个刚认识的男人出远门 |
[04:56] | We’ve known each other a whole week. | 我们已经认识整整一周了 |
[05:05] | The record label that I’m meeting with out in L.A.? | 记得洛杉矶那家我要去的唱片公司吗 |
[05:08] | They actually released this album. | 这张专辑就是他们发布的 |
[05:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[05:14] | They’d be lucky to have you. I mean… | 你能加入将是他们的幸运 |
[05:16] | This woman’s got nothing on you. | 那女人没法和你比 |
[05:18] | D… “This woman” is Joni Mitchell, | “那女人”可是琼尼·米歇尔 |
[05:21] | and she runs circles around me. | 她可比我厉害多了 |
[05:25] | – I don’t think so. – Um, she does. | -我不觉得 -不 真的 |
[05:30] | I can’t wait to get to L.A. | 我都等不及要去洛杉矶了 |
[05:33] | Sunset Boulevard. | 日落大道 |
[05:35] | The Pacific Ocean. | 太平洋 |
[05:38] | See, I love being from Pittsburgh, | 我爱我的家乡匹兹堡 |
[05:40] | but sometimes it just feels | 但有时只是觉得那里 |
[05:43] | a little small. | 有点小 |
[05:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:50] | Oh, my friend, Nicole, says that we can stay with her | 我朋友妮可 说我们可以住在她那 |
[05:52] | – as long as we need to. – Sounds good. | -住多久都行 -听上去不错 |
[05:59] | Is there anything | 到洛杉矶之后 |
[06:01] | that you want to do in particular when you’re out in L.A.? | 你有什么特别想做的事吗 |
[06:04] | I want to go see some folks I know in Reseda. | 我想去里西达见几个人 |
[06:09] | Friends of yours or…? | 是你朋友还是… |
[06:11] | Yeah, sort of. | 嗯 算是吧 |
[06:18] | I made some turkey sandwiches. | 我做了些火鸡三明治 |
[06:20] | I don’t know if you’re a turkey fan, but… | 不知道你爱不爱吃火鸡 不过… |
[06:22] | I love turkey. | 我爱火鸡 |
[06:23] | Ah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:24] | Look at us– couple of turkey freaks. | 瞧我们俩 一对火鸡奇葩 |
[06:27] | Driving across the country. | 驾车横跨全国 |
[06:30] | And my mom said it was too soon to take a road trip. | 而且我妈说现在就去自驾游还太早了 |
[06:33] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[06:50] | I can’t believe we’re in Vietnam. | 不敢相信我们真到越南了 |
[06:51] | It’s amazing. I wonder if my dad actually | 太神奇了 我在想我爸 |
[06:53] | flew in here before he was stationed, you know? | 去驻地前是不是也来过这里 |
[06:56] | It’s like I already kind of feel | 只是来到这里 |
[06:58] | connected to him just being here. | 我就感觉跟他联系在一起了 |
[07:00] | Hey, when do we get to my dad’s fishing village? | 我们什么时候去我爸驻扎过的渔村 |
[07:03] | – Monday. – Awesome. | -周一 -太好了 |
[07:07] | Say “Vietna-cheese.” | 说”越南起司” |
[07:09] | I just made that up. | 我刚编的 |
[07:10] | I’m sure. Just don’t tag me on Instagram. | 我知道 只是别在”照片墙”上标记我 |
[07:13] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[07:15] | I thought we graduated to “Tagging” status. | 我以为我们发展到互相标记的程度了 |
[07:17] | It’s not that. | 不是那样的 |
[07:18] | I just don’t want my dad to know I’m in Vietnam. | 我只是不想让我爸知道我在越南 |
[07:23] | I’m gonna need more words. | 这就没了吗 |
[07:26] | My father lives in China. | 我父亲住在中国 |
[07:27] | If he sees I’m in Vietnam, | 如果他看到我在越南 |
[07:28] | he’ll try and reach out and see me. | 他会试着联系来看我 |
[07:30] | Don’t want to see him. | 我不想见他 |
[07:32] | – Your father lives in China? – Yeah. | -你父亲住在中国 -对 |
[07:36] | You literally never mentioned that before. | 这事你可从来没提过 |
[07:39] | Or-or really anything about your family. | 甚至关于你家庭的任何事你都没提过 |
[07:41] | Well… Hey, I found us this great market for lunch. | 我发现一个很棒的市场可以去吃午饭 |
[07:45] | Best bánh bèo in town. | 城里最好的米饼 |
[07:47] | It’s like eating the ocean. | 就像在品尝大海 |
[07:51] | Okay. Yeah, no. Looks great. | 行啊 看起来不错 |
[07:53] | Let’s, uh, let the greatest trip of all time begin. | 让我们…让这伟大的旅途开启吧 |
[08:07] | Major Dawson? | 道森少校 |
[08:11] | – Who are you? – I’m Jack Pearson. | -你是哪位 -我叫杰克·皮尔森 |
[08:13] | Nicky Pearson’s brother. | 尼奇·皮尔森的哥哥 |
[08:17] | I’m a staff sergeant down a ville on the Sông Trà Khúc. | 是一名上士 驻扎在茶曲河河边的小村庄 |
[08:21] | Came here for my brother. | 来这儿找我弟弟 |
[08:22] | I was hoping to take him back with me. | 我希望能带他跟我回去 |
[08:25] | Get his ass squared away. | 把他训练得有纪律 |
[08:28] | That kid hasn’t been “Squared away” for months. | 那孩子已经没”纪律”几个月了 |
[08:31] | Insubordination, partying like it’s Woodstock. | 不服从命令 像伍德斯托克音乐节一样狂欢 |
[08:34] | That’s why I got him on doo-doo detail. | 所以我才罚他干活 |
[08:35] | I can get him right, sir. I know I can. | 我能教好他 长官 我知道我能 |
[08:38] | Why’s that, Pearson? | 那是为什么 皮尔森 |
[08:39] | ‘Cause you’re his brother? | 因为你是他哥哥吗 |
[08:41] | ‘Cause you used to share a room? | 因为你们曾经住一个房间 |
[08:42] | Used to whisper ghost stories to each other in the dark? | 曾经在黑暗中互相小声讲鬼故事 |
[08:44] | He’s not cut out for this. | 他生来不是这块料 |
[08:47] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才会来这 |
[08:49] | Well, you’re too late. | 那你来晚了 |
[08:57] | You know, we did used to share a room. | 话说 我们确实同住一个房间 |
[09:01] | Drafty old house, a lot of spiders, big spiders. | 通风的老房子 有很多蜘蛛 大蜘蛛 |
[09:04] | Spiders so big, | 蜘蛛大到 |
[09:05] | you could see their knees. | 你都能看见它们的膝盖 |
[09:09] | My father saw one of them, | 我爸看见了 |
[09:10] | he’d take the nearest rolled-up newspaper, | 就会随手拿起报纸卷起来 |
[09:13] | smash the hell out of it. | 直接拍死蜘蛛 |
[09:15] | You know what Nicky would do when he saw a spider? | 你知道尼奇看见蜘蛛他会怎么做吗 |
[09:18] | He’d go to the kitchen, he’d get himself a glass, | 他会走到厨房 找一个玻璃杯 |
[09:22] | grab a comic book, | 拿一本漫画书 |
[09:23] | and then carefully, so carefully, | 然后小心翼翼地 |
[09:25] | he would guide the spider onto the book, | 他会把蜘蛛引到书上 |
[09:27] | trap it under the glass and then take it outside, | 用玻璃杯盖住 然后把它带到外面 |
[09:31] | so it could crawl away. | 让它自己爬走 |
[09:34] | That was his favorite part, watching it be okay. | 看见蜘蛛没事 就是他最高兴的事了 |
[09:43] | I need to try and save my little brother | 我要尽我所能救我弟弟 |
[09:45] | before ‘Nam eats him alive. | 否则越南人会将他生吞活剥 |
[09:47] | Sir, please. | 长官 拜托了 |
[09:49] | We don’t put brothers in the same outfit. | 我们不会把兄弟放在同一个队伍 |
[09:51] | That’s basic policy. | 这是基本政策 |
[09:53] | I mean, who wants to write two condolence letters | 我是说 谁也不想给同一位母亲 |
[09:55] | to the same mother? | 写两封哀悼信 |
[09:56] | Now I suggest you make your way back to your ville. | 现在我建议你回到你的小村庄去 |
[09:59] | Guess you’re walking. | 估计你得走回去 |
[10:00] | V.C. owns the road at night. | 公路晚上都被越共控制着 |
[10:03] | You better move out. | 你最好赶紧出发了 |
[10:07] | Sir. | 是 长官 |
[10:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:34] | Chicken. Bat. | 鸡肉 蝙蝠 |
[10:36] | Great. Appreciate it. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[10:38] | I wonder what “Bat” means in English. | 我在想”蝙蝠”在英语里是什么意思 |
[10:40] | It means bat. | 就是蝙蝠 |
[10:42] | Really? You’re just gonna sit there and casually eat a bat? | 不是吧 你就坐在那若无其事地吃蝙蝠 |
[10:45] | I like to immerse myself when I travel. | 我旅行的时候喜欢入乡随俗 |
[10:47] | – You want to try? – No. No, I do not. | -你试试吗 -不不 我算了 |
[10:48] | No way. No way in hell. You enjoy. | 想也别想 你慢用 |
[10:50] | – Coward. – Well, I’m sorry | -胆小鬼 -真是抱歉 |
[10:51] | my taste buds aren’t eclectic like yours. | 我的味蕾不像你的那么包容 |
[10:54] | We were more of a, like, a beige food fam growing up, you know? | 我们从小吃的食物不都是金黄色的吗 |
[10:57] | A lot of chicken nuggets, lot of mac and cheese. | 比如炸鸡块 芝士通心粉什么的 |
[11:00] | Want to get wild, we’d go, like, chicken potpie | 偶尔想放纵一下 我们也会 |
[11:02] | every once in a while. What about you? | 选择鸡肉派 你呢 |
[11:04] | What about me? | 我怎么了 |
[11:06] | Well, you know, what was dinner like when you were a kid? | 你小时候晚餐是什么样的 |
[11:09] | For you. I mean, I know you moved in with Beth’s family | 在你看来 我是说 我知道你八岁的时候 |
[11:12] | when you were eight, I know that, but before that. | 就搬去贝丝家住 这我知道 但之前呢 |
[11:15] | I don’t know. Dinner’s dinner. | 我不知道 就是一般的晚餐 |
[11:17] | – Right. Got it. – Oh, God. | -好吧 明白了 -天哪 |
[11:20] | Please tell me we don’t look that touristy. | 千万别告诉我 我们像那种观光游客 |
[11:29] | Excuse me. Excu… | 抱歉 失陪一下 |
[11:32] | Excuse me. Hi. | 不好意思 你好 |
[11:34] | Your necklace, I– uh, | 你的项链 我… |
[11:36] | uh, do you mind telling me where you got that? | 能麻烦告诉我 这是哪来的吗 |
[11:37] | Souvenir shop, at the entrance. | 就在入口处的礼品店 |
[11:40] | Here. | 在这里 |
[12:04] | Can I ask you a question. Do you sell a lot of these? | 我想请问一下 这东西你卖过很多吗 |
[12:08] | Sell many, many, many. | 卖了很多 很多很多 |
[12:33] | So how did you get this meeting? | 那你是怎么争取到这次会面的呢 |
[12:35] | With the record company? | 就是和唱片公司的会面 |
[12:36] | My friend Nicole got my demo to an assistant, | 我朋友妮可把我的小样给了一个助理 |
[12:40] | and then the assistant got it to an A&R guy there. | 然后助理又把小样给了艺人作品部的人 |
[12:44] | And what happens when they fall in love with you? | 如果见面后他们喜欢你会怎么样呢 |
[12:47] | Which they will. | 这是肯定的 |
[12:50] | I think I make a more professional-sounding demo. | 我想我会做一个发音更专业的小样 |
[12:54] | And then, if by some miracle, that goes well, | 然后如果奇迹出现 一切顺利的话 |
[12:57] | I make a full album. | 我就能出一张专辑了 |
[13:00] | And then, if we’re really getting into fantasyland, I… | 如果真的可以美梦成真 我… |
[13:06] | I open up for Neil Young. | 我希望可以做尼尔·杨那样的歌手 |
[13:09] | And then I’m just on the road. | 我现在仍在努力奋斗的路上 |
[13:11] | Is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[13:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:15] | I just love watching people dance while I sing. | 我只是很喜欢在我唱歌的时候看大家跳舞 |
[13:18] | People don’t slow dance nearly as much as they should. | 大家总不知道放慢脚步跟上节拍跳舞 |
[13:24] | And I… love doing my small part | 而我 喜欢唱着我自己的歌 |
[13:28] | to keep it alive. | 并且继续唱下去 |
[13:32] | Hint taken. | 我明白了 |
[13:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:57] | Where did you get those moves? | 你从哪学来这些舞步的 |
[13:59] | Well, it wasn’t Christmas in my house | 这个嘛 小时候只有当我妈妈 |
[14:01] | until my mom got to dance | 跟着弗兰克·辛纳屈的圣诞专辑 |
[14:02] | to Frank Sinatra’s Christmas record. | 在屋子里跳起舞来才算真正过了圣诞节 |
[14:05] | My dad, he didn’t like to dance with her. | 我爸 他不喜欢和她跳舞 |
[14:08] | So I, I might have picked up a move or two. | 所以我 我就学了一点舞步 |
[14:17] | Look how sweet they are. | 你看他俩多幸福啊 |
[14:22] | Sorry, I’m kind of an easy cry. | 抱歉 我这个人很容易哭 |
[14:25] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[14:26] | I mean, I usually make it past the third date. | 通常呢 我是可以忍过第三次约会的 |
[14:30] | What about you? Are you a crier? | 那你呢 你爱哭吗 |
[14:33] | Nope. Never. | 不会 从不哭 |
[14:36] | Never? | 从不吗 |
[14:37] | Like, not even at the end of Old Yeller? | 即使哪怕看到《老黄狗》的结尾也不哭吗 |
[14:42] | No, I… | 不 我 |
[14:44] | I’ve gotten really good at just swallowing the bad stuff. | 我就是很擅长忍耐一些负面的东西 |
[14:53] | This is nice. | 感觉真好 |
[14:56] | You know, it’s like I always say. | 你知道吗 像我常常说的那样 |
[14:57] | People don’t slow dance nearly as much as they should. | 大家总不知道放慢脚步跟上节拍跳舞 |
[15:11] | – Yeah, that’s… – Yeah, exactly. | -没错 那真是 -完全没错 |
[15:19] | Did you want to use the sink first? | 你想先用盥洗室吗 |
[15:21] | To, uh, brush your teeth, or… | 先去刷牙什么的 |
[15:23] | Oh, yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[15:47] | You know, I think my grandfather had those pajamas. | 我祖父好像也有这种睡衣 |
[15:49] | Be quiet. I like to be toasty when I sleep. | 闭嘴吧 我睡觉喜欢穿得又暖和又舒服 |
[16:16] | Three dates, three kisses. | 约会三次 接吻三次 |
[16:19] | Three amazing kisses. | 三次超级棒的接吻 |
[17:26] | Hey, Jack. | 杰克 醒醒 |
[17:28] | Hey, Jack, Jack. Hey, Jack. | 杰克 杰克 杰克 |
[17:31] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[17:35] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[18:09] | Have you been having a lot of bad dreams | 自从你从越南回来 |
[18:12] | since you got back from Vietnam? | 是不是就经常做噩梦 |
[18:15] | You know, I don’t really remember my dreams much, so… | 其实我记不清自己梦到了什么 所以 |
[18:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:22] | But maybe, you’re having these nightmares because you… | 但你会经常做噩梦也许是因为你… |
[18:26] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[18:28] | – Please. – Sorry. | -别说了 -抱歉 |
[18:38] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[19:09] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[19:11] | I’m trying to get to the river. | 我想去河边 |
[19:15] | – Sông Trà Khúc. – Sông Trà Khúc? | -茶曲河 -茶曲河 |
[19:17] | Yeah. Yeah, the, uh, fishing-fishing ville. | 没错 就是那个渔村 |
[19:21] | Y-You know the fishing ville– you take me there? | 你知道那个地方吗 你能带我去吗 |
[19:31] | I’m Jack. | 我是杰克 |
[19:33] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[19:35] | – You…? – Bao. | -你呢 -宝 |
[19:36] | Bao. | 宝 |
[19:38] | Nice to meet you, Bao. | 很高兴认识你 宝 |
[19:40] | – You walk. No drive? – No. No walk. | -你走去 没车吗 -对 不能走过去 |
[19:43] | No drive. My ride left, I… | 也没有车 我的车走了 我… |
[19:46] | You can take me. | 你可以载我过去 |
[19:47] | Yeah? | 可以吗 |
[19:53] | Of course. | 有钱就好办 |
[20:22] | You are gonna love Nicole. | 你会喜欢妮可的 |
[20:24] | She moved from Pittsburgh to be an actress. | 她从匹兹堡搬过来当演员 |
[20:26] | She just did a paper towel commercial. | 她刚拍完一个纸巾的广告 |
[20:28] | – Oh, wow. – Yeah. | -真厉害 -是啊 |
[20:52] | Oh, Becky! | 贝贝 |
[20:53] | – Becky. – Becky? | -贝贝 -贝贝 |
[20:55] | She is the only one allowed to call me that. | 这是她一个人的专属昵称 |
[20:57] | Don’t get any ideas. | 你可别妄想 |
[21:03] | Oh, is this him? | 就是他吗 |
[21:04] | Uh, this is, uh, Jack. | 这位是杰克 |
[21:06] | Thanks for having us. | 感谢你的邀请 |
[21:07] | This place is amazing. You live here? | 这地方太赞了 你住这儿吗 |
[21:11] | I’m staying here while Greg’s on location in Canada. | 格雷格在加拿大拍外景期间我住这儿 |
[21:13] | Greg Billagio. He’s an up-and-coming director, | 格雷格·比拉吉奥 他是位很有前途导演 |
[21:16] | and my occasional sweetheart. | 兼我的临时情人 |
[21:18] | – Oh, drinks. You guys need drinks. – Yes. | -喝的 你们要来点喝的 -对 |
[21:20] | I’ll get them. Let you two catch up. | 我去拿 你们俩叙叙旧 |
[21:22] | – Thank you. – Oh, he’s a gentleman. | -谢谢 -他真绅士 |
[21:25] | Okay, tell me about your Jack. | 好了 跟我说说你的杰克吧 |
[21:27] | I don’t even know what to say. It’s still so new. | 我都不知道说什么 我们才刚开始 |
[21:30] | So, we’ve been traveling together for a few days now, | 我们一起旅行了好几天 |
[21:33] | and I just, I feel like I don’t know any more about him | 我感觉和我们刚开始那会儿相比 |
[21:36] | than when we first started. | 我更加不了解他了 |
[21:38] | Like, he’s going to visit someone in Reseda tomorrow, | 比如他明天要去里西达拜访一个人 |
[21:42] | and he won’t tell me who it is. | 却不告诉我那人是谁 |
[21:44] | You think it’s a girl? | 你觉得是个女孩 |
[21:45] | No, no, no, no, no. Not like that. | 不不不 不是你想的那样 |
[21:46] | It’s just, he, um… he just got back from Vietnam, | 毕竟 他… 刚从越南回来 |
[21:51] | so he’s clearly working through some things, | 所以他肯定是在解决一些事情 |
[21:53] | but he won’t talk to me about it. | 但他不愿意跟我说 |
[21:55] | I just… ugh, I wish he would let me | 我只是 希望他能让我 |
[22:00] | be in it with him. | 陪他一起面对 |
[22:02] | You’re really wild about this guy, huh, Becky? | 你对这家伙很上心啊 贝贝 |
[22:05] | Yeah. I just… I want to be wherever he is. | 是啊 我就是想陪伴在他左右 |
[22:12] | I just wish he would let me in. | 我希望他能让我走进他的内心 |
[22:19] | I was positive that this necklace came | 我原本坚信那条项链 |
[22:21] | from that woman in the photo, you know, | 就是照片中那女人的 |
[22:22] | that it had some epic origin story to it. | 其中肯定有着非同一般的故事 |
[22:25] | It turns out you can get it anywhere here. | 结果发现这种项链在这儿随处可得 |
[22:26] | – Kevin… – Maybe Randall was right. | -凯文 -或许兰德尔是对的 |
[22:28] | I should’ve just left well enough alone, you know. | 我本来就不该管这件事的 |
[22:30] | Let my father be remembered the way he wanted to be remembered, | 让爸爸以他想被铭记的方式在我们心中永存 |
[22:32] | and stop asking so many questions. | 而不要提出那么多问题 |
[22:36] | You ever go through anything like that? | 你经历过这种事吗 |
[22:38] | Did I ever travel to Vietnam to find out my father’s war story? | 我有没有去越南发掘我父亲的战争故事吗 |
[22:41] | No. I think I would’ve mentioned that uncanny coincidence to you. | 没有 我早该提醒你那可能是机缘巧合 |
[22:44] | I think you know what I mean. | 你知道我说的什么意思 |
[22:46] | Mind if we go back to the hotel? | 要不我们回酒店吧 |
[22:48] | I-I think I want to lay down. | 我想躺会儿 |
[22:52] | Yeah, no, let’s go back to the hotel. | 可以啊 咱们回酒店 |
[22:53] | You can continue to tell me | 然后你仍然绝对不会 |
[22:54] | absolutely nothing about your life. | 告诉我关于你的事情 |
[22:55] | – That’s not fair. – Really? | -这么说太不公平了 -是吗 |
[22:56] | I tell you plenty. | 我告诉你很多了 |
[22:57] | I’m just saying, you know, | 我就是说说而已 |
[22:58] | you’re obviously going through something with your dad. | 很明显 你和你爸爸之间发生了什么事 |
[23:01] | I’m not going through anything, Kevin. | 我没什么事 凯文 |
[23:04] | It’s just a constant, terrible part of my life | 那只是我生活中一直都很糟糕的一部分 |
[23:06] | that I try not to dwell on. | 我试着不要老是想着那些事 |
[23:08] | So… can we please go back to the hotel? | 所以 我们能回酒店吗 |
[23:13] | I-I don’t think I feel well. | 我觉得不太舒服 |
[23:14] | That’s real mature. That’s great. | 那你可真成熟 太棒了 |
[23:21] | That’s a lot of bad bat. | 蝙蝠可全出来了 |
[23:29] | Here you go, man. | 给你 兄弟 |
[23:39] | – Champagne. – Thank you. | -香槟 -谢谢 |
[23:40] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[23:46] | – It was just champagne. – Okay. | -只是在开香槟酒 -好的 |
[23:47] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吧 -嗯 |
[23:49] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[23:52] | I’m fine. | 没事 |
[24:03] | Bao, why are we stopping? | 宝 我们怎么停下来了 |
[24:09] | What is this place? Where are we, Bao? | 这是什么地方 我们在哪 宝 |
[24:14] | You. | 你 |
[24:21] | Please be a good guy, Bao. | 希望你别干傻事 宝 |
[25:18] | What you got, Squirrel? | 有什么动静 松鼠 |
[25:19] | Toe popper. Homemade. | 有地雷 自制的 |
[25:40] | You gonna take me back to my squad, Bao? | 你会带我回去吗 宝 |
[26:04] | The bathroom’s down the hall, if you need it. | 卫生间在大厅 如果你需要用的话 |
[26:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:21] | I can’t talk about it. | 我没法谈那些事 |
[26:25] | Vietnam. | 在越南的事 |
[26:29] | What I did and what I saw. | 我所做的和我经历的事 |
[26:35] | I just, I don’t… | 我只是 我不… |
[26:40] | I don’t want to bring that part of my life | 我不想将我生命中的那部分 |
[26:43] | into… this | 带到我们关系中 |
[26:47] | with you. | 带给你 |
[26:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:55] | Are you gonna come back to Pittsburgh? | 你会回匹兹堡吗 |
[27:02] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[27:40] | – Good luck. – Thanks. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[27:43] | Good luck with… yours, too. | 也祝你… 好运 |
[27:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:01] | *Give it enough time* | *给它足够的时间* |
[28:11] | *Just give it time* | *给它时间* |
[28:23] | Good stuff. Great stuff. | 不错 很不错 |
[28:26] | – That was beautiful. – Really? | -很好听 -真的吗 |
[28:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:33] | Thank you for coming in. | 谢谢你的来访 |
[28:36] | – So… – So keep in touch. | -那… -保持联络 |
[28:39] | Definitely keep us posted on what you’re up to. | 你在哪里演出一定要告诉我们 |
[28:44] | All right, thank you very much for your time. | 好 非常感谢您的宝贵时间 |
[28:47] | Nice to meet you. Thank you. Thanks. | 见到你很高兴 谢谢 谢谢 |
[28:54] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[28:56] | Could you actually just be a little bit more specific | 你刚才对我的反馈 |
[28:59] | with your feedback? | 能再具体一点吗 |
[29:01] | Meaning? | 什么意思 |
[29:02] | “Keep in touch,” what does that look like? | “保持联络” 这是什么意思 |
[29:06] | You let us know if you have a show, | 你要是有演出就告诉我们 |
[29:08] | and we will try to get someone out to see it. | 我们会尽量让人去看的 |
[29:10] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[29:12] | And then we keep in touch. | 然后我们保持联络 |
[29:17] | Please, I-I drove a really long way. | 拜托 我大老远来到这里 |
[29:20] | If you could be very clear. | 所以希望你能说清楚一点 |
[29:24] | – Where’d you say you were from? – Pittsburgh. | -你刚才说你从哪里来 -匹兹堡 |
[29:30] | I think you’re Pittsburgh good. | 我想你在匹兹堡算是唱得好的 |
[29:38] | Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. | 谢谢 很感谢你的反馈 |
[29:49] | Mrs. Watterson? | 是沃特森女士吗 |
[29:51] | Yes. Can I help you? | 是的 有什么事吗 |
[29:55] | Mr. Watterson. | 沃特森先生 |
[29:59] | I’m Staff Sergeant Jack Pearson. | 我是杰克·皮尔森上士 |
[30:01] | Your son was under my command. | 你们的儿子曾在我的部队里 |
[30:05] | I’m responsible for his death. | 他的死是我的责任 |
[30:20] | Bao, why-why are you stopping? | 宝 为什么停下了 |
[30:22] | Why are you stopping? The ville is that way. | 为什么停下了 渔村在那边 |
[30:24] | You walk. You walk. | 你走路过去吧 你走路 |
[30:30] | You go. You walk. | 你走吧 走路过去 |
[30:36] | Are you a good guy or a bad guy, Bao? | 宝 你是好人还是坏人 |
[30:43] | Are you V.C.? | 你是越共吗 |
[30:47] | Sometime. | 有时候是 |
[31:10] | Everything about the war is murky, | 跟战争有关的一切都很混乱 |
[31:16] | and all my memories are just… murky. | 在我的记忆里只有… 混乱 |
[31:22] | I don’t know whose idea it was | 我不知道那天把橄榄球捡起来 |
[31:24] | to pick up the football first that day, but knowing Squirrel– | 是谁的主意 但我知道松鼠 |
[31:30] | excuse me, Roger– | 对不起 是罗杰 |
[31:34] | knowing Roger, it was probably his idea. | 我知道罗杰 可能是他的主意 |
[31:41] | A lot of energy, that kid. | 那个孩子很有活力 |
[31:47] | It was a quiet night. | 那天晚上很安静 |
[31:50] | At least, we… we thought it was. | 至少我们原本是这么认为的 |
[31:58] | Hey, Townie, knock it off. | 公子哥 别玩了 |
[32:00] | – Oh, just one more, Sarge. – No. | -最后一次 上士 -不行 |
[32:02] | – Go long, pretty boy. – Boon, you got a can? | -跑远点 帅哥 -布恩 有罐头吗 |
[32:03] | I don’t think you got the arm, Townie. | 你臂力有那么强吗 公子哥 |
[32:05] | Yeah, want to bet? Go deep. | 打赌吗 跑远点 |
[32:06] | Now, for a big boy, | 得了吧 长那么壮 |
[32:07] | you sure throw like a small… | 扔起球来跟个娘们… |
[32:14] | I let my guard down. | 我放松警惕了 |
[32:25] | I failed many times when I was over there, | 我在战争中失败过很多次 |
[32:27] | but taking my eye off your son, that… | 但没有看好你们的儿子 这… |
[32:33] | It was the worst thing I did, | 这是我犯过最大的错 |
[32:37] | and I take responsibility. | 我有责任 |
[32:41] | I take full responsibility. | 我负全部责任 |
[32:45] | And I know it may not mean much but… | 虽然我知道这不能代表什么 但是… |
[32:49] | I needed to come here | 我必须来 |
[32:53] | and tell you that, | 告诉你们 |
[32:56] | well, he was one of the good ones. | 他是最棒的 |
[33:02] | And that I am sorry. | 还有 我很抱歉 |
[33:37] | It wasn’t your fault, son. | 那不是你的错 孩子 |
[33:42] | It wasn’t. | 不是你的错 |
[33:54] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[33:55] | It’s the safest place for me to be right now. | 现在对我来说 这里是最安全的地方 |
[33:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:04] | I got you this. I can’t read the label, but, um, | 我给你买了这个 我看不懂标签 但是 |
[34:07] | it’s either coconut water or suntan lotion. | 这要么是椰汁 要么就是防晒乳液 |
[34:10] | I’d give it a little sniff | 如果我是你的话 |
[34:11] | before I drank it, if I were you. | 在喝之前就先闻闻看 |
[34:16] | Want me to help you with that? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[34:17] | – No, I-I can do it. – No, you can’t. | -不 我可以 -不 你不可以 |
[34:26] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[34:33] | Coconut water? | 椰汁吗 |
[34:34] | Suntan lotion. | 防晒乳液 |
[34:38] | You know, my dad, | 你知道 我的爸爸 |
[34:42] | he kept the first 28 years of his life a secret from my mom, | 他一直向我妈妈隐瞒他前28年的生活 |
[34:45] | which worked for them, you know. | 这对他们来说是可以的 |
[34:49] | I mean, it more than worked for them, actually, but… | 我是说 这不仅是可以的 但是… |
[34:54] | I don’t want that for us. | 我不希望我们也这样 |
[34:58] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[34:59] | I don’t. | 我不会的 |
[35:00] | I-I want to be able to tell you everything and I want to know… | 我想告诉你我的一切 也想了解… |
[35:04] | I want to know everything about you. | 也想了解你的一切 |
[35:11] | But if I can’t, | 如果不能的话 |
[35:17] | it’s okay. | 也没关系 |
[35:20] | That’s okay | 没关系 |
[35:21] | because you smell like peaches, | 因为你身上有蜜桃般的香气 |
[35:25] | and, well, right now you-you don’t. | 虽然现在没有 |
[35:27] | You smell like garbage right now, actually, | 说实话你现在臭烘烘的 |
[35:29] | but, typically, you smell like peaches. | 但平常都像蜜桃一样香 |
[35:31] | And you keep snacks in that big purse that you have and… | 你还总把零食放在那个大钱包里 |
[35:39] | Well, I’m falling in love with you. | 我爱上你了 |
[35:47] | Whether you open up to me or not, | 不管你是否对我敞开心扉 |
[35:50] | I’m falling in love with you. | 我都爱上你了 |
[36:03] | My father sexually abused me. | 我爸性侵了我 |
[36:17] | He, | 他 |
[36:20] | he tries to contact me every so often, | 他经常试着联系我 |
[36:23] | try and make amends, | 想要补偿我 |
[36:25] | but I have no interest. | 但我没兴趣 |
[36:30] | I’ve moved on. | 我已经向前看了 |
[36:36] | I’m not telling you this because you asked me to, | 我不是因为你问了才告诉你 |
[36:39] | or because you told me | 也不是因为你告诉我 |
[36:42] | you-you’re falling in love with me, | 你爱上我了 |
[36:46] | or even because I’m falling in love with you, too. | 又或者是我也爱上了你 |
[36:50] | I’m telling you this because my father | 我告诉你是因为 |
[36:51] | has already ruined so much for me, | 我父亲已经毁了我的许多 |
[36:56] | and I’m not gonna let him ruin this, too. | 我不会让他再毁了这个 |
[37:04] | I d– I didn’t, um… | 我不… |
[37:09] | It’s just you-you always seem so strong, you know. | 你看起来总是很坚强 |
[37:12] | I-I didn’t, uh… | 我不知… |
[37:16] | I am strong. | 我很坚强 |
[37:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:44] | How’d it go? | 怎么样了 |
[37:46] | Uh, it went okay. | 还可以 |
[37:50] | How did it go, your visit? | 你的拜访怎么样 |
[37:52] | Yeah, it went, uh, as good as it could go. | 已经很好了 |
[38:05] | It’s kind of nuts here, right? | 这里很疯狂 对吧 |
[38:07] | I mean, every day you wake up, it’s 73 and sunny. | 每天早上醒来 都是23度的晴天 |
[38:11] | What is that? I like the rain. | 这算什么 我喜欢雨天 |
[38:20] | They said that I was “Pittsburgh good,” | 他们说我在匹兹堡算好的 |
[38:22] | which I’ve decided to take as a compliment. | 我决定把这当做一种夸奖 |
[38:31] | Can I hear the song? | 我可以听听那首歌吗 |
[38:36] | I think that I’m done singing for today. | 我今天已经唱够了 |
[38:41] | Bec, please. | 小贝 拜托 |
[38:45] | Bec? | 小贝 |
[38:47] | No one has ever called me that. | 从没有人这么叫我 |
[38:52] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[39:02] | *People say it’s nice to meet me* | *人们说很高兴遇见我* |
[39:07] | *I often wonder why* | *我总是想为何* |
[39:11] | *I’ve studied my reflections* | *我反思自己* |
[39:16] | *I’ve looked me in the eye* | *看着眼中的自己* |
[39:20] | *But I still can’t draw conclusions* | *却仍找不到答案* |
[39:25] | *I’m still talking out of turn* | *依旧冒失轻率* |
[39:29] | *Now I ask too many questions* | *如今我不断地问询* |
[39:34] | *About the lessons I won’t learn* | *那些我不会吸取的教训* |
[39:39] | *It turns out all my mistakes* | *原来我所有的过错* |
[39:44] | *Were forgivable* | *都可以宽恕* |
[39:47] | *And the time I spend lost…* | *我失去的时日* |
[40:03] | *Was a sign* | *是生活的指示* |
[40:06] | *That all the ink* | *所有生活的笔墨* |
[40:11] | *Is invisible* | *都会消失不见* |
[40:15] | *If you give it* | *只要你给予* |
[40:18] | *Give it enough time* | *给予足够的时间* |
[40:26] | *Now I think my eyes are open* | *如今我睁开双眼* |
[40:32] | *I take a deeper dive* | *潜入更深的海* |
[40:36] | *When I feel the blue surround me* | *当忧郁笼罩着我* |
[40:40] | *That’s when I come alive* | *当我苏醒过来* |
[40:43] | *When it starts to feel too lonely* | *当我形单影只* |
[40:48] | *When it’s out of my control* | *当我崩溃失控* |
[40:52] | *When the world goes on without me* | *当世界没了我也依旧转* |
[40:56] | *Will I feel it take its toll?* | *我是否会感受这代价* |
[41:01] | *Turns out all my mistakes* | *原来我所有的过错* |
[41:05] | *Were forgivable* | *都可以宽恕* |
[41:09] | *The time I spent lost* | *我失去的时间* |
[41:13] | *Was a sign…* | *是生活的指示* |
[41:16] | You got two weeks. | 给你两周的时间 |
[41:18] | *That all the ink* | *所有生活的笔墨* |
[41:21] | *Is invisible* | *都会消失不见* |
[41:23] | You should’ve left me to rot! | 你该让我自生自灭 |
[41:26] | *If you give it* | *只要你给予* |
[41:29] | *Give it enough time* | *给予足够的时间* |
[41:47] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[41:49] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |