时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | You can be nice to them all you want, Jack. | 你可以随心所欲地对他们好 杰克 |
[00:05] | But they’re not just women and children. | 但他们不只是女人和孩子 |
[00:08] | They’re the enemy. | 他们是敌人 |
[00:10] | I had a brother… he died in the war. | 我有个弟弟 他战死了 |
[00:14] | I went to a database for the war memorial. | 我上网查了战争烈士的数据信息 |
[00:16] | Nicholas Pearson, he might be dead, | 尼克拉斯·皮尔森 他也许去世了 |
[00:18] | but he didn’t die here in Vietnam. | 但他不是死在越南的 |
[00:21] | “Jack, last one. C.K.” | 杰克 最后一次了 CK |
[00:24] | My dad knew he was alive. | 我爸知道他还活着 |
[00:26] | Well, there’s a return address. | 这里有寄信人的地址 |
[00:28] | Bradford, Pennsylvania. You think he’s still there? | 宾夕法尼亚州布拉德福德 你觉得他还在吗 |
[00:32] | 尼古拉斯·皮尔森 宾夕法尼亚州布拉德福德市 鸣禽路2125号 | |
[00:47] | Thanks, Ken. | 谢谢你 肯 |
[01:50] | – I call the TV. – No, no, no, no. | -我先看电视 -不行 不行 |
[01:53] | – What? – Uh, no, no, no. Homework first. | -什么 -不行 先写作业 |
[01:57] | – No TV. – What about her? | -不许看电视 -那她呢 |
[01:59] | – I finished. – Hey, guys, come on. | -我写完啦 -孩子们 等等 |
[02:00] | Gear up in your rooms, and then do greater Pittsburgh | 装备都放回房间 为了整个街区着想 |
[02:03] | – a favor and shower, please. – Hi. | -赶紧洗个澡吧 谢谢了 -回来啦 |
[02:06] | Thank you for picking them up from practice. | 谢谢你去接他们回来 |
[02:08] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m here to serve. | 当然 为人民服务嘛 |
[02:24] | Hey, so I got to go out of town for work tomorrow. | 我明天得出趟城 公司的事 |
[02:28] | – On a Saturday? – Yeah. | -周六出差吗 -对 |
[02:29] | We ve got a… A lumberyard we’re contracting up in Trenton. | 我们在 特伦敦找了一家木材厂 |
[02:34] | It’s kind of important that I’m there. | 我也到现场比较好 |
[02:35] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好的 |
[02:40] | I’m gonna go upstairs and change. | 我去楼上换衣服 |
[02:41] | I’ll be right back down. | 马上就下来 |
[03:01] | Wait. You’re saying our uncle is still alive? | 等等 你是说我们的叔叔还活着吗 |
[03:03] | Okay, that can’t be true. | 怎么可能 |
[03:05] | Nicky died in Vietnam. | 尼奇死在了越南 |
[03:06] | Randall, didn’t you and Dad visit | 兰德尔 你高中的时候 |
[03:08] | the memorial in high school? | 不是还跟爸爸一起去看了纪念碑 |
[03:09] | Wasn’t his brother’s name on the wall? | 他弟弟的名字没在上面吗 |
[03:11] | He said it was too hard for him. | 他说他不忍心去看 |
[03:13] | – Mom. – I-I’m just hearing all this | -妈 -今天这些事 |
[03:16] | for the first time, too. | 我也是第一次听说 |
[03:17] | Well, maybe Dad, uh, maybe he didn’t know. | 也许爸爸 也许他也不知道 |
[03:19] | – Maybe he just was… – He knew. | -也许他… -他知道 |
[03:22] | He knew. I found a postcard that Nicky sent him. | 他知道 我找到了尼奇寄给他的明信片 |
[03:24] | It was dated 1992. | 日期是1992年 |
[03:28] | Mind completely blown. | 三观崩坏 |
[03:31] | I know this is really hard for everyone to hear | 我知道大家肯定都很难接受 |
[03:32] | because it means, well, Dad wasn’t telling us the… | 因为这意味着 爸爸没有说出真相… |
[03:38] | Bradford is a six-hour drive from here. | 从这里到布拉德福德只需要六小时 |
[03:41] | I don’t have a phone number, but I have an address. | 我没有他的电话 但我有住址 |
[03:43] | And guess what. As of 2017, | 你们知道吗 直到2017年 |
[03:46] | there was a Nicholas Pearson living there. | 那里都住着一位尼古拉斯·皮尔森 |
[03:50] | Randall. | 兰德尔别闹 |
[03:50] | Whoever wants to come on this trip with me, | 如果有人想跟我一起去看看 |
[03:53] | – you’re more than welcome. – All right. | -那我热烈欢迎 -好的 |
[03:54] | I’m not getting sworn in for another eight weeks. | 在宣誓就职之前 我还有八周时间 |
[03:57] | Beth has a bunch of job interviews coming up. | 贝丝最近有许多面试 |
[04:00] | As long as I can get somebody to watch the girls, I’m in. | 只要我能找到人照顾孩子们 我就去 |
[04:03] | Yes, he’s in. Okay. | 兰德尔要来 太好了 |
[04:05] | Mom? Kate? | 妈 凯特 |
[04:07] | You want to join our, uh, our little road movie? | 要不要跟我们一起去拍一场公路电影 |
[04:09] | It’ll be fun. It’ll be like Butch and Sundance | 会很有趣的 就像《神枪手与智多星》 |
[04:11] | and Thelma and Louise. A-And you can pick | 还有《末路狂花》 你们可以挑 |
[04:13] | whatever character you want; doesn’t matter to me. | 想当哪个角色都可以 我不介意 |
[04:14] | I’m not locked into one in particular. | 我并没有特别喜欢某一个 |
[04:16] | I’m totally fluid on that. | 这一点完全可以商量 |
[04:19] | I’m Sundance. | 我是神枪手 |
[04:19] | – I know you are. Yeah. – Yeah. | -我知道 -没错 |
[04:21] | No. But I will, | 不了 不过我… |
[04:23] | I’will watch the girls for you, okay? | 我会帮你照顾孩子们的 好吗 |
[04:27] | Mom. | 妈 |
[04:32] | You know what? I… I can’t. | 是这样的 我 我不去了 |
[04:34] | I m 2,500 miles away and I’m pregnant. | 我离那四千公里远 还怀着孕 |
[04:36] | Kate, Dad’s brother may be alive. | 凯特 爸爸的弟弟可能还活着 |
[04:39] | Don’t you want to know who he is? | 你难道不想知道他是谁吗 |
[04:40] | Guys, I’m out. Gotta go. | 大家 我下线了 得走了 |
[04:43] | You know what that means. | 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[04:44] | Butch and Sundan… | 只剩下布奇和圣丹斯[《虎豹小霸王》] |
[04:55] | Hey, baby, have you seen my cashmere heather V? | 宝贝 你看见我的撞色V领羊毛衫了吗 |
[04:58] | The one that goes perfectly with my uncle-hunter jeans? | 跟我的寻找叔叔之旅牛仔裤很搭的那件 |
[05:02] | What’s wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[05:03] | Uh, everything about that sentence, baby. | 那句话哪儿都不对 宝贝 |
[05:06] | But, um, also, | 不过 |
[05:08] | feeling kind of nervous about these interviews tomorrow. | 明天的面试让我有些紧张 |
[05:10] | You’re nervous? Child, please. | 你会紧张吗 别逗了 |
[05:12] | If anything, those companies should be nervous to meet you. | 那些公司要见你才应该紧张才对 |
[05:16] | Because one of them is about to win the Beth Pearson lottery. | 因为只有一家能中贝丝·皮尔森的头奖 |
[05:20] | Why would they be nervous to win the Beth Pearson lottery? | 他们中贝丝·皮尔森的头奖为什么要紧张 |
[05:23] | I don’t know. It sounded cuter in my head. | 不知道 只是觉得这么说比较可爱 |
[05:25] | Uh, job interview pep talk, take two. | 工作面试打气 再来一次 |
[05:29] | Beth Pearson, | 贝丝·皮尔森 |
[05:30] | you are the ultimate prize hire. | 你是招聘终极大奖 |
[05:33] | You’re gonna walk into those firms tomorrow | 明天你将走进那些公司 |
[05:35] | with your brilliant-ass mind | 展露你的聪明才智 |
[05:37] | and that impressive-ass ambition | 彰显你的壮志雄心 |
[05:39] | and those spiky-ass heels, and they gonna be like, | 就连高跟鞋都让人印象深刻 他们会想 |
[05:41] | “Beth Pearson, what we got to do to get your actual ass | “贝丝·皮尔森 该怎么样才能让你 |
[05:43] | in this building, Beth Pearson?” | 来我们公司就职呢 贝丝·皮尔森” |
[05:46] | And, yes, I emphasize the Beth Pearson, | 是的 我说了两次你的名字 |
[05:47] | because it’s more than just a name, it is an attitude. | 因为它不仅是一个名字 还是一种态度 |
[05:51] | An attitude that screams, | 一种会大声喊出 |
[05:53] | “You know you want to hire me.” | “你很想聘用我”的态度 |
[05:56] | All right, I like take two better. | 好吧 我更喜欢这个版本 |
[05:58] | Thank you very much. | 万分感谢 |
[06:00] | Your mom and Miguel | 你妈和米格尔 |
[06:01] | are gonna stay over, right? | 会过来留宿 对吧 |
[06:02] | Because I am going to go to dinner with Zoe | 因为我要跟佐伊去吃晚饭 |
[06:05] | to blow off some post-interview steam. | 来释放一些面试后的压力 |
[06:08] | And by dinner I mean Scotch. | 当然晚餐的意思是喝威士忌 |
[06:09] | Yeah, they’re in. | 对 他们答应了 |
[06:12] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[06:14] | You stressed about what could happen | 你担心你见到失踪已久的叔叔时 |
[06:15] | when you meet your long lost uncle? | 会发生什么吗 |
[06:19] | Honestly, I’m more stressed | 说实话 我更担心 |
[06:20] | about what’s gonna happen if we don’t meet him. | 如果我们见不到他会怎样 |
[06:23] | Babe, when I was looking for William, | 宝贝 我在找威廉时 |
[06:24] | the only thing I could think about | 我唯一能想到的事 |
[06:25] | was what I was gonna find if I ever got to knock on his door. | 就是如果我敲他的门会看到什么 |
[06:29] | Like, would he look like me? | 比如他跟我长得像吗 |
[06:32] | Would he hug me? | 他会抱我吗 |
[06:34] | Would he slam the door in my face? | 还是会把我拒之门外 |
[06:37] | But the worst version I could ever imagine | 但我想过的最坏的情形是 |
[06:39] | is what would happen if no one ever answered the door. | 要是没人来开门怎么办 |
[06:44] | And I think that’s what’s gonna happen to Kevin. | 我觉得这就是凯文现在的情况 |
[06:48] | So I got to be there for him. | 所以我得陪着他 |
[06:56] | Well, well. | 真是没想到 |
[06:58] | Look at that. | 可以的 |
[06:59] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:04] | There she is. | 你来了 |
[07:05] | Sibling road trip, here we go. | 兄弟姐妹自驾游 人都齐了 |
[07:07] | Thelma’s in the house. | 塞尔玛来了 |
[07:12] | – Get my bag for me. – For the road. | -帮我把包拿来 -路上吃 |
[07:14] | Turkey and roast beef on pimento and an apple. | 火鸡和烤牛肉配甜椒 还有一个苹果 |
[07:18] | God, I love your lunches. Bye-bye. | 天啊 我太喜欢你做的午饭了 再见 |
[07:22] | Regulators, let’s ride. | 我们出发吧 |
[07:26] | Thanks, Mom. | 多谢 妈 |
[07:27] | All right. I’ll be back before you guys know it. | 好了 我很快就会回来的 |
[07:29] | – Bye, Dad. – You’re gonna be in time | -再见 爸爸 -明天你会赶回来 |
[07:31] | – for my game tomorrow, right? – Yes, I will. I will be there. | -看我的比赛 对吧 -对 我会的 |
[07:33] | He’s only going to Trenton. | 他就是去特伦敦市 |
[07:36] | – Where’s your brother? – In there. | -你哥呢 -在那儿 |
[07:39] | Hey, Kev, you’re not gonna say good-bye? | 小凯 你不来说再见吗 |
[07:42] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[07:54] | Mom. | 妈 |
[08:04] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[08:06] | Dried apricots, as you like. | 拿了你喜欢吃的杏脯 |
[08:32] | This is… crazy. Right? | 这太…不可思议了 对吧 |
[08:35] | I mean, months and months of searching, and here we are, huh? | 找了好几个月 竟然走到了这一步 |
[08:39] | Road trippin! The Big Three, | 公路旅行 “三个小家伙” |
[08:41] | about ready to unlock the great mystery of our uncle. | 即将揭开我们叔叔的神秘面纱 |
[08:43] | I’m gonna need to pee soon. | 我一会儿要上厕所 |
[08:45] | Pee? We ve been on– | 上厕所 我们才刚… |
[08:46] | It’s like 12 and a half minutes we’ve been driving. | 我们刚上车还不到十三分钟 |
[08:47] | Okay, well, I’m pregnant, and I pee a lot, | 是没错 可我是孕妇 尿多 |
[08:49] | so you just have to deal with it. | 所以你们不接受也没办法 |
[08:51] | I’ve got road trip snacks available | 如果有人想吃东西的话 |
[08:52] | whenever anybody wants them. | 我准备了公路旅行的小吃 |
[08:53] | Lots of nuts and seeds, many pitted fruits. | 有许多坚果和种子 有麻点的水果 |
[08:58] | – I’m good. – Randall? | -我不吃 -兰德尔 |
[08:59] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[09:00] | You give away pennies on Halloween, don’t you? | 你万圣节是不是只给钱 对不对 |
[09:02] | Be honest with me. | 和我老实交代 |
[09:03] | – Full-size candy bars, for the record. – Yeah? | -我给的可是大号巧克力棒 -是吗 |
[09:05] | Yeah. Only house on the block. | 没错 整条街独一份儿 |
[09:06] | Tell the truth, it’s raisins. | 你说实话吧 送的是葡萄干 |
[09:07] | – It’s healthy raisins. – Handful of raisins. | -健康的葡萄干 -一大把葡萄干 |
[09:11] | You know, remember, I live in a house | 别忘了 我和四个非常任性 |
[09:13] | with four very willful and opinionated women, | 且固执己见的女人同在一个屋檐下 |
[09:15] | so I’m impervious to your mocking. | 所以你们的嘲讽对我无效 |
[09:23] | So, how old would Dad’s brother be now? | 老爸的弟弟现在应该多大了 |
[09:26] | Seventy. | 七十了 |
[09:29] | I wonder why Dad told us his brother was dead. | 我想知道为何爸告诉我们他弟弟已经死了 |
[09:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:33] | But we’re about to embark on some Shakespearean-level | 但我想 我们即将面临的是 |
[09:35] | tragedy, I’m afraid. | 莎士比亚级别的悲剧 |
[09:37] | How are you so… cool about this? | 你怎么表现的…如此镇定 |
[09:40] | Dad basically lied to us his entire life, | 老爸可以算是骗了我们一辈子 |
[09:42] | – a-and it doesn’t freak you out? – Not really. | -你不觉得可怕吗 -还好 |
[09:45] | When you find out your mom’s been lying to you | 一旦发现你妈隐瞒了你生父的消息 |
[09:47] | about your birth father for 36 years, | 骗了你长达三十六年 |
[09:48] | not much can rattle you after that. | 就没有什么能吓到你的了 |
[09:53] | I think this is really rocking Mom’s world | 我觉得听到关于爸爸的这么多事 |
[09:55] | to hear all this stuff about Dad. | 妈妈一定觉得很震惊 |
[10:00] | That smells so good. | 好香啊 |
[10:02] | Do you think Dad will bring Nicky home, | 你觉得爸爸会像当初对威廉爷爷那样 |
[10:03] | like he brought home Grandpa William? | 把尼奇也领回家吗 |
[10:08] | No, I don’t think so, honey. | 不 我觉得不会 宝贝儿 |
[10:10] | He sure likes bringing people home, though. Just sayin . | 但他很喜欢把人往家里领 就是随口一说 |
[10:15] | Hey, Tess, | 苔丝 |
[10:17] | hit me with some chocolate chips, would you? | 给我拿些巧克力来 好吗 |
[10:18] | Here you go. Excuse me. | 给你 失陪一下 |
[10:26] | Is Grandma okay? | 奶奶没事吧 |
[10:27] | Yeah, Grandma’s just a little tired. | 没事 奶奶就是有点累了 |
[10:30] | All right, let’s get this dough going in the oven | 好了 在我把面团生吃之前 |
[10:31] | before I eat that raw. Teaspoon. | 先把它们放进烤箱里面吧 茶匙 |
[10:52] | Hey, Jack. | 杰克 |
[10:53] | I’m going to live in a big house | 我将来要住在 |
[10:54] | on a lake someday. | 湖边的大房子里 |
[10:56] | It’s gonna have a dock for my boat. | 会有一个停靠船舶的码头 |
[10:58] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[11:00] | I think you got to be rich | 我觉得你要住在湖边 |
[11:01] | to have a house and a boat on a lake. | 还要有条船 得有钱才行 |
[11:03] | I will be. I’m going to be a doctor. | 我会的 我要成为一名医生 |
[11:06] | Maybe a surgeon. | 可能会是外科医生 |
[11:07] | You’re smart enough. | 你确实够聪明 |
[11:09] | Floyd Morton’s dad is a surgeon, and he’s pretty rich. | 弗洛伊德·莫顿他爸是外科医生 他很有钱 |
[11:11] | I need to get really rich, though, | 但我要特别有钱才行 |
[11:14] | not pretty rich. | 不是很有钱 |
[11:15] | Dang, Nicky. | 天呐 尼奇 |
[11:17] | How many boats do you need? | 你准备养几条船啊 |
[11:18] | Just one. | 就一条 |
[11:20] | Two houses, though. | 但要有两间房子 |
[11:24] | Big ol’houses on a big ol’lake. | 大湖边上的大房子 |
[11:27] | Big ol’houses on a big ol’lake. | 大湖边上的大房子 |
[11:39] | Well, we doing this or not? | 我们到底上不上 |
[12:02] | How’d you get my home address? | 你从哪里知道的我家地址 |
[12:10] | Come on. | 有人吗 |
[12:11] | I don’t think he’s there, Sundance. | 我觉得他不在这里 神枪手 |
[12:13] | Yeah. Kev, hey, we tried. | 是啊 小凯 我们尽力了 |
[12:15] | Okay? It wasn’t meant to be. | 好吗 天意如此 |
[12:17] | And we should go, cause I have to pee. | 我们走吧 我想上厕所 |
[12:20] | You can’t write me at home. | 你不能往我家里寄信 |
[12:23] | Got it? | 懂吗 |
[12:25] | You drove all the way from Pittsburgh to tell me that? | 你从匹兹堡赶过来就是为了告诉我这事吗 |
[12:29] | That’s how much I mean it. | 那正说明我是认真的 |
[12:36] | Take care. | 保重 |
[12:39] | Oh, really? Wonderful. You’re breaking in? | 不是吧 真行 你难道要闯进去 |
[12:41] | I’m not breaking in. | 我没要闯进去 |
[12:41] | I’m trying to see if anyone lives here. | 我就想看看这里是否有人住 |
[12:43] | Somebody does. | 确实有人 |
[12:52] | Nicholas Pearson? | 你是尼克拉斯·皮尔森 |
[12:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:02] | I’m Kevin Pearson. | 我是凯文·皮尔森 |
[13:03] | I’m, uh… | 我是… |
[13:07] | I’m Jack Pearson’s son. | 我是杰克·皮尔森的儿子 |
[13:11] | You want a beer? | 喝点啤酒吗 |
[13:14] | I don’t drink anymore. | 我戒酒了 |
[13:19] | I got Nesquik. | 我有雀巢巧伴伴 |
[13:29] | Jack know you’re here? | 杰克知道你们来这吗 |
[13:33] | He’s dead. | 他去世了 |
[13:36] | Dead. | 去世了 |
[13:38] | When’d he pass? | 他什么时候走的 |
[13:39] | 1998. | 1998年 |
[13:42] | 98. | 98年 |
[14:05] | You coming in or not? | 你到底进不进来 |
[14:20] | I got some Fritos, also, if you’re hungry. | 如果你饿了的话 这也有菲乐多玉米片 |
[14:23] | No, I’m… | 不必了 我… |
[14:24] | That’ll be fine. | 那就够了 |
[14:34] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[14:36] | I had a house once. | 我也曾有过一幢房子 |
[14:39] | But this is better. | 但住在这里更好 |
[14:42] | It’s much more manageable. | 更好打理 |
[14:47] | I, uh, have something for you. | 我有东西要给你 |
[15:02] | I thought maybe you’d want them. | 感觉你可能会需要 |
[15:13] | Good men. | 都是好人 |
[15:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:24] | It’s a bad habit. | 一个坏毛病 |
[15:25] | One of many. | 我的许多坏毛病之一 |
[15:28] | Mm. Jesus. | 天啊 |
[15:30] | Nicky, how do you screw up chocolate milk? | 尼奇 你怎么能把巧克力牛奶冲得这么难喝 |
[15:34] | Well, it can’t be as bad as Mom’s chili lasagna. | 肯定没有妈妈的辣椒千层面那么糟 |
[15:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:40] | Remember when we tried | 记得我们曾想把它 |
[15:41] | feeding it to Mrs. Atkins’ collie? | 喂给阿特金斯夫人的牧羊犬吗 |
[15:42] | Oh, yeah. Even Ms. Atkins’ collie | 记得 就连阿特金斯夫人的牧羊犬 |
[15:45] | didn’t want to eat that crap. | 也不想吃那坨翔 |
[15:47] | No. Yeah. | 是啊 没门 |
[16:09] | You diabetic? | 你有糖尿病吗 |
[16:17] | My brother’s adopted. | 我弟弟是收养的 |
[16:19] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[16:21] | Explains why he’s black. | 所以他是黑人 |
[16:23] | That’s also true. | 这点也毋庸置疑 |
[16:29] | Our dad told us you died in Vietnam. | 我爸说你死在了越南 |
[16:37] | Seems you didn’t. | 看来你并没有 |
[16:45] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[16:49] | Sir, I know this may be hard to talk about, | 先生 我理解这事或许难以启齿 |
[16:50] | but do you have any idea why he might have told us that? | 但你知道他为什么要那样说吗 |
[16:57] | You wasted your time coming here. | 你们来这就是浪费时间 |
[17:03] | Just– please, leave. | 请…离开吧 |
[17:10] | No. | 不 |
[17:12] | Sir, I didn’t want to come here. | 先生 我本不想来的 |
[17:17] | And I didn’t want to… | 我也不想… |
[17:19] | find out these answers, but… | 去找这些问题的答案 但是… |
[17:20] | my brother literally traveled around the world and back | 我哥为了了解父亲的过去 |
[17:23] | to learn about our dad, | 简直跑遍了全世界 |
[17:24] | and it’s led him here. | 最终才来到了这里 |
[17:25] | So we’re not going anywhere. | 所以我们不会就这样离开 |
[17:32] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[17:36] | You’re Jack’s kids, all right. | 你们果然是杰克的孩子 |
[17:50] | I got drafted. | 我被征兵了 |
[17:52] | Your father enlisted to look for me. | 你们的父亲也应征入伍去找我 |
[17:57] | I was a medic | 我是个医疗兵 |
[17:59] | who sampled his own inventory. | 我吃了库存里的药品 |
[18:03] | I mean, I sampled a lot of stuff. | 我服用了很多东西 |
[18:05] | I mean, whatever junk came my way. | 给我什么就用什么 |
[18:10] | I, um… | 我… |
[18:12] | I hated the war. | 我痛恨战争 |
[18:15] | I hated myself. | 也恨透了自己 |
[18:17] | And your father tried to clean me up. | 你们父亲想帮我戒毒 |
[18:24] | It didn’t work. | 但是失败了 |
[18:26] | Finally, they pulled me out of there | 最后因为我的精神原因 |
[18:29] | for psychiatric reasons. | 他们把我撤了出来 |
[18:32] | You know, some get homesick. | 有的人会得思乡病 |
[18:34] | I got war-sick. | 而我是”思战病” |
[18:40] | Then why did Dad tell us you died there? | 那为什么爸爸跟我们说你死了 |
[18:46] | He should never have come for me. | 他不该来找我的 |
[18:54] | He should never have come for me. | 他不该来找我的 |
[20:30] | Hey. No. | 不行 |
[20:56] | Cam on, chú. | 谢谢 |
[20:58] | Không có chi. | 不客气 |
[21:13] | Let’s go fishing. | 我们去捕鱼吧 |
[21:27] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:28] | I think we found our spot. What do you think? | 就这里吧 你觉得呢 |
[21:32] | Let’s go fishing, huh? | 开始捕鱼吧 |
[21:34] | All right, now, see this? | 现在 看见这个了吗 |
[21:37] | Secret weapon. | 这是秘密武器 |
[21:44] | See? | 看 |
[21:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:52] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[21:56] | Watch out. | 小心 |
[22:02] | Holy mackerel. | 好家伙 |
[22:05] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[22:06] | Come to Papa, baby. | 过来吧 宝贝们 |
[22:08] | Oh, yeah, we did good. | 真不错 |
[22:12] | Here. | 拿着 |
[22:13] | It’s bigger than you. Yeah. | 比你还大 |
[22:20] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[22:21] | Pretty good, right? Go ahead. Toss him in. | 很棒吧 去把它扔进去 |
[22:24] | Oh, yeah. | 又来一条 |
[22:26] | Dinner. Beautiful. | 晚餐有了 真漂亮 |
[22:28] | Toss him in. Oh! | 把它扔进去 |
[22:32] | There you go. | 抓到了 |
[22:33] | There he is. Toss him in. | 给你 扔进去吧 |
[22:36] | I think we’re good. | 我觉得可以了 |
[22:37] | What do you think, should we go find another spot? | 你觉得呢 我们要再找一个地方吗 |
[22:40] | All right, Captain. Whatever you say. | 好的 船长 都听你的 |
[22:44] | Plenty more where that came from, huh? | 这些鱼多的是 对吧 |
[22:53] | Okay. I like this spot, too. | 好 我也喜欢这个位置 |
[22:56] | What do you think? | 你意下如何 |
[22:58] | I think so. I feel it here. | 我也是 我能感觉到 |
[23:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:07] | No, no, no, no, no. No, no. | 不不不不 |
[23:09] | No, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不 不行 不行 |
[23:10] | No, no, no! | 不不不 |
[23:14] | Watch out. | 小心 |
[23:15] | Watch out! Get-get off the boat! | 小心 跳船 |
[23:18] | Get off the boat! Get off the boat! | 快跳船 跳船 |
[23:20] | Off the boat! Off the boat! | 跳啊 快 |
[23:24] | Jump! | 跳 |
[23:40] | Murillo, what happened? | 穆里洛 发生什么事了 |
[23:41] | A boat exploded. I think one of our guys was on it! | 一艘船爆炸了 我觉得我们的人在上面 |
[24:15] | Sarge! | 上士 |
[24:26] | Lanh. Lanh? | 岭 岭 |
[24:28] | Lanh? Lanh?! | 岭 岭 |
[24:35] | Let’s go. Go! | 快 快点 |
[25:12] | What did you do, huh?! What did you do?! | 你干了什么 你干了什么 |
[25:15] | What did you do, Nicky? | 你做了什么 尼奇 |
[25:18] | He was just a kid. | 他只是个孩子 |
[25:21] | He was just a kid. | 只是个孩子啊 |
[25:25] | I’m done! I’m done! | 我受够了 受够了 |
[25:36] | Lanh! Lanh! | 岭 岭 |
[25:40] | Lanh! | 岭 |
[25:51] | I m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:27] | Shrinks will get his head on straight, Sarge. | 心理医生会治好他的 上士 |
[26:32] | Murillo, Boone, | 穆里洛 布恩 |
[26:35] | you guys are on the wire. | 你们负责铁丝网 |
[26:37] | Murphy, Townie, the rest of you gear up. | 墨菲 公子哥 其他人做好准备 |
[26:38] | We’re out at 0500. | 我们五点出发 |
[27:02] | I never got to, um… | 我没来得及… |
[27:10] | I never got to tell him. | 我没来得及告诉他 |
[27:15] | I never got to tell him. | 我没来得及告诉他 |
[27:24] | Then we built the curved snowbank | 然后我们堆了个雪堆 |
[27:26] | – so we’d have a bobsled turn. – Oh, yeah. | -这样就有雪橇弯道了 -对 |
[27:30] | Yeah, except the sled went straight through the snowbank | 只不过雪橇直接冲过雪堆 |
[27:34] | and almost onto the Bellarmine Parkway. | 差点冲上贝拉明公园路 |
[27:36] | So much for the Squaw Valley Olympics. | 斯阔谷奥运会也不过如此 |
[27:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:52] | – Jack… – No. Nicky, no. | -杰克 -尼奇 别这样 |
[28:00] | No, I… I don’t want to go back there. | 我不想回想起那些 |
[28:05] | I want to leave that right where it is. | 过去的事情就让它过去吧 |
[28:07] | You don’t have to talk. Just… listen. | 你不用说话 听着就行 |
[28:14] | I’ve relived that day so many times in my head. | 我脑海里无数次回想起那一天 |
[28:20] | I-I-I didn’t mean for that boy… | 我不是有意让那个男孩… |
[28:23] | – Nicky… – Just let me say… | -尼奇 -你就让我说… |
[28:25] | Just stop, stop. I’m begging you, stop. | 停停停 我求你了 别说了 |
[28:28] | Okay? No more. | 好吗 别说了 |
[28:31] | And-and stop… stop sending letters to my house. | 也不要…再寄信到我家里了 |
[28:35] | I’ve got a wife and a family. I moved on. | 我有了妻子和家庭 我已经释然了 |
[28:39] | I wish I was wired differently, but I’m not. Okay? | 我也希望我不要这样 但我没办法 好吗 |
[28:42] | I-I can’t just turn back. | 我不能回头 |
[28:56] | It’s good to see you, Nick. | 见到你我很开心 尼奇 |
[28:59] | Did I ruin your life? | 我毁了你的生活吗 |
[29:07] | No, Nicky, I– | 没有 尼奇 我… |
[29:11] | I have a good life. | 我过得挺好的 |
[29:33] | Gosh. | 天呐 |
[29:42] | Your wife is beautiful. | 你的妻子很漂亮 |
[29:43] | Yes, she is. | 没错 她很美 |
[29:46] | Her name is Rebecca. | 她叫丽贝卡 |
[29:49] | And that’s Kate, Kevin and Randall. | 这是凯特凯文和兰德尔 |
[29:54] | – Randall is a different color. – Yes, he is. | -兰德尔肤色不太一样 -是啊 |
[29:58] | He found me. | 他找到了我 |
[30:14] | You have a nice house. | 你家房子不错 |
[30:21] | So… yeah. | 那么… |
[30:45] | I won’t– I won’t write you anymore. | 我不会…再给你写信了 |
[30:49] | You can go. | 你走吧 |
[30:55] | – Nicky, I… – Just go. | -尼奇 我… -走吧 |
[31:28] | You know, and the women– the Vietnamese women– | 那些女人…越南女人 |
[31:33] | when they, uh… lost someone during that war, | 她们在战争中失去家人后 |
[31:37] | they’d collapse. | 会崩溃 |
[31:40] | It’s like their-their bones were being pulled | 就好像她们的骨头从身体中 |
[31:42] | from their body. | 被抽离出来 |
[31:44] | And, like… | 所以… |
[31:46] | they’d fold into… | 她们会破碎… |
[31:49] | someplace in themselves, and, um, | 缩在身体里的某个地方… |
[31:51] | squat down and just wail. | 蹲下来 哀号 |
[31:55] | You’d just hear it, you know, | 我总能听到她们的哭声 |
[31:57] | over and over and over. | 一次又一次在耳边萦绕 |
[32:00] | Pure grief. | 纯粹的悲伤 |
[32:02] | Yeah. My, uh… | 嗯 我… |
[32:05] | my memory of the war– | 我对战争的记忆… |
[32:07] | it fades a little bit every day. | 随着时间一天天消逝 |
[32:12] | Except for that mother’s face. | 除了那位母亲的脸 |
[32:14] | She’s with me, wailing. | 我总能想起来她的哭声 |
[32:22] | I worry that that’s gonna be the last damn thing I remember | 我担心这可能会是我最后记得的一件事 |
[32:25] | when my time comes. | 在我临终的时候 |
[32:31] | You know, your old man– | 你们的老爸… |
[32:35] | he saw everything in black and white, no gray. | 他看事情非黑即白 没有灰色地带 |
[32:39] | It’s… it’s why he had two lives. | 所以他有两段人生 |
[32:43] | Uh, the one before I ruined everything. | 我毁掉一切之前的人生 |
[32:47] | The one after. | 以及之后的 |
[32:50] | And he… | 他… |
[32:51] | he walked away from the first life. | 他从第一段人生中走了出来 |
[32:58] | And once Jack picked a direction, | 杰克选定一个方向后 |
[33:03] | he never changed course. | 就不会再改变路线了 |
[33:12] | 布拉德福德2 匹兹堡166 | |
[33:14] | You know, he put the war behind him, | 他把战争抛诸脑后 |
[33:16] | and he never looked back. | 再也没有回头 |
[33:21] | I wasn’t so lucky. | 我没有这么幸运 |
[33:53] | How did he die? | 他怎么去世的 |
[34:04] | There was a fire. | 一场火灾 |
[34:09] | He got us out, but he had a heart attack | 他把我们救了出来 但却因为吸入浓烟 |
[34:12] | from smoke inhalation. | 心脏病发作 |
[34:21] | Oh, damn. | 好吧 |
[34:28] | You know, I’m feeling a little worn down | 我觉得有点累了 |
[34:32] | from all this reliving of these happy memories, | 回想这些”美好”的往事很耗费心力 |
[34:36] | so, um… I think I’m just gonna call it a day. | 所以我想 今天就先这样吧 |
[34:41] | – Sir… – I’m going to call it a day, son. | -先生 -我不想说了 |
[35:27] | How was it? | 工作顺利吗 |
[35:32] | Bec, I didn’t tell you the truth about where I went today. | 小贝 我骗了你 说今天要去工作 |
[35:41] | I went to go see someone, | 其实我去见了一个人 |
[35:48] | someone that I’d known from the war. | 一个早在参军打仗时就认识的人 |
[35:50] | He’d been having a rough go of things lately, and… | 他最近过得很不顺利 |
[35:56] | m-mostly because of something bad that happened there. | 主要是因为战时发生的一件很糟糕的事 |
[36:01] | Something he did. | 他做的一件事 |
[36:05] | And, well, we used to be close. | 我们以前很亲密 |
[36:09] | And then we had a falling out because of that. | 但我们也因为那件事闹翻了 |
[36:14] | And he reached out, | 他之前来联系我 |
[36:15] | and I decided to go see him. | 我就决定去见见他 |
[36:24] | Well, did it help? | 那你们关系缓和了吗 |
[36:30] | Yeah. A little. | 有一点改进 |
[36:33] | Maybe? I don’t know. | 也许吧 我也不知道 |
[36:38] | You know, there are people that you can talk to… | 其实你可以找其他人聊一聊… |
[36:39] | I’m gonna go clean up. | 我先去洗漱了 |
[36:48] | Can’t tell you how good it is to be home. | 你不知道回家的感觉有多好 |
[37:23] | Kids are getting ready for bed, | 孩子们准备要上床睡觉了 |
[37:24] | but I think after consuming 11 chocolate chip cookies, | 但我觉得吃了十一块巧克力曲奇之后 |
[37:28] | they’re not gonna sleep for a week. | 她们可能要一周都睡不着了 |
[37:30] | They found him. | 他们找到他了 |
[37:34] | Jack’s brother. | 杰克的弟弟 |
[37:38] | I never thought th… Well, tell me. | 我真没想到他们… 快跟我说说 |
[37:41] | I-I, I don’t know, they just texted that they found him. | 我不知道 他们只发信息说他们找到他了 |
[37:45] | Details to follow. | 详情稍后奉上 |
[37:49] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:52] | Could I have done more? | 我当初是不是还能多做点什么 |
[37:54] | You tried, Rebecca. | 你尽力了 丽贝卡 |
[37:55] | No… | 不 |
[37:56] | When Jack first got back from Vietnam, | 杰克刚从越南回来的时候 |
[37:58] | I understand why I respected his privacy. | 我明白自己是想要尊重他的隐私 |
[38:01] | The wounds were fresh. | 毕竟伤口都还未愈合 |
[38:02] | But all those years later, why? | 但过了那么多年 我为什么没问 |
[38:06] | Why didn’t I ask him more? | 我为什么没有多问问他 |
[38:12] | You know, Jack was my closest friend, | 你知道吗 杰克是我二十多年来 |
[38:17] | for over 20 years, but I didn’t know him completely. | 最亲近的朋友 但我也并不完全了解他 |
[38:22] | Not the stuff from before. | 尤其是他过去的经历 |
[38:25] | I think that there was a darkness inside of him. | 我觉得他内心也有黑暗的一面 |
[38:31] | I think that he was afraid. | 我觉得他当时很害怕 |
[38:33] | You know, if that darkness got out, then, | 他害怕一旦黑暗的那面展露出来 |
[38:35] | it might swallow up the light that he got from you. | 可能会把他从你和孩子们身上获得的光芒 |
[38:38] | From the kids. | 吞噬殆尽 |
[38:41] | And make no mistake: | 而且毫无疑问 |
[38:44] | you and the kids were everything. | 你和孩子就是他的一切 |
[38:48] | I used to love that answer. | 我以前很喜欢这个答案 |
[38:51] | Cause I wanted to believe it. | 因为我也想要这样认为 |
[38:56] | But now? | 但现在呢 |
[39:02] | I want the truth. | 我想要知道真相 |
[39:14] | Okay. | 看看 |
[39:15] | I got real road snacks. | 我买了正儿八经的零食 |
[39:17] | I got SweeTarts, protein bars, jerky, smoked almonds, sodas | 我买了软糖 蛋白棒 牛肉干 烤杏仁 |
[39:22] | and Ding effing Dongs. | 苏打水和丁多斯蛋糕 |
[39:24] | Now, leave me be. Kate, did you urinate? | 不许再吐槽我了 凯特 你尿过了吗 |
[39:27] | – Yes. – Kevin, you break it, you bought it. | -是的 -凯文 你组织的活动你来收尾 |
[39:31] | – What’s wrong? – I want to go with you. | -怎么了 -我想和你一起去 |
[39:33] | I like you better than all of them. | 咱们家里我最喜欢你 |
[39:35] | Well, you shouldn’t, because they’re pretty great. | 你不应该这样 因为他们都很棒 |
[39:38] | And trust me, there’s plenty your old man gets wrong. | 相信我 你老爸我做错过很多事 |
[39:40] | – Yeah, right. – No, I do. | -信你才怪 -不 是真的 |
[39:44] | Hey, look, y-you got to watch out for that, bud, | 所以你必须格外注意这一点 伙计 |
[39:47] | because a-a kid can either repeat the mistakes | 因为一个孩子要么会重复他父亲的错误 |
[39:50] | of his old man, or he corrects them. | 要么就会改正那些错误 |
[39:53] | It’s hard to explain, but, uh… | 这很难解释清楚 但… |
[39:59] | Hey, chip in. Help your mom. | 你乖一点 帮帮你妈 |
[40:08] | That’s no way to live, huh? | 那种生活不像话吧 |
[40:12] | All messed up, living alone for 40-some-odd years | 穷困潦倒 在一辆漏水的沙丁鱼罐头车里 |
[40:14] | in a leaky sardine can? | 独自生活四十多年 |
[40:19] | I can’t leave him like Dad did. | 我没法像爸那样把他留在那里 |
[40:59] | Nicky? | 尼奇 |
[41:04] | Nicky! | 尼奇 |
[41:32] | Everything okay in here? You all right? | 一切都还好吗 你没事吧 |
[41:45] | I never got to tell him… | 我没来得及告诉他… |
[41:51] | …it was an accident. | 那是一场意外 |