时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – Previously on This Is Us… – Nicholas Pearson? | -《我们的生活》前情回顾 -尼克拉斯·皮尔森 |
[00:05] | Our dad told us you died in Vietnam. | 我爸说你死在了越南 |
[00:07] | He should never have come for me. | 他不该来找我的 |
[00:09] | Bec, I didn’t tell you the truth about where I went today. | 小贝 我骗了你 说今天要去工作 |
[00:13] | I went to see someone, someone that I’d known from the war. | 其实我去见了一个早在参军打仗时就认识的人 |
[00:16] | He’d been having a rough go of things lately, | 他最近过得很不顺利 |
[00:19] | mostly because of something bad that happened there, | 主要是因为战时发生的一件很糟糕的事 |
[00:22] | something he did. | 他做的一件事 |
[00:24] | You know, there are people | 其实你可以找其他人 |
[00:25] | – that you can talk to. – I’m gonna go clean up. | -聊一聊… -我先去洗漱了 |
[00:29] | Why didn’t I ask him more? | 我为什么没有多问问他 |
[00:32] | I want the truth. | 我想要知道真相 |
[00:34] | That’s no way to live, huh? | 那种生活不像话吧 |
[00:35] | All messed up, living alone for 40-some-odd years. | 穷困潦倒 独自生活四十多年 |
[00:38] | I can’t leave him like Dad did. | 我没法像爸那样把他留在那里 |
[00:51] | Okay. | 好了 |
[01:01] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[01:03] | You’re spending the night at the hotel with us. | 你今晚跟我们一起去住酒店 |
[01:11] | All right. Here we go, pretty, uh, | 好了 就是这里 |
[01:13] | standard hotel room, right? | 很普通的酒店房间 |
[01:15] | Bathroom and bed, obviously. | 这是洗手间那是床 很明显 |
[01:19] | It looks like they got a nice TV for you | 看来他们还给你准备了电视 |
[01:21] | in case you want to watch some… shows. | 你想的话可以看看电视节目 |
[01:24] | You sure you don’t want us to order you anything to eat? | 你确定不用我们帮你点一些吃的吗 |
[01:26] | Uh, no. | 不了 |
[01:31] | You want some water, or…? | 你想喝水吗 还是… |
[01:34] | There’s, uh, there’s snacks | 那里有零食 |
[01:35] | over there, too, you know. | 你可以考虑一下 |
[01:36] | Like, there’s some Pringles over there, if you want | 你看 那里还有品客薯片 |
[01:38] | some Pringles. Everybody loves… Pringles. | 如果你想吃的话 大家都喜欢 品客薯片 |
[01:42] | Yeah. Uh, look… I-I’m fine. | 好 是这样 我没事 |
[01:46] | I-I just think I’m gonna, you know, get some sleep. | 我就打算 直接睡一会儿 |
[01:50] | So… | 所以… |
[01:52] | – Okay. – Well, we’ll see you in the morning. | -就这样 -那我们早上再见 |
[01:55] | – All right, okay. – Yeah. | -好 -好的 |
[01:57] | Good night, Nicky. | 晚安 尼奇 |
[01:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[02:01] | – Your, uh, room key. – Okay. | -这是 你的房卡 -好 |
[02:03] | And, you know, I’m-I’m right across the hall, 204, | 对了 我就在走廊对面的204房间 |
[02:05] | If you need anything, just knock on the door, I’ll be… | 如果有什么需要 你敲门就行… |
[02:08] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[02:12] | Okay, so what are we gonna do? | 好 我们接下来怎么办 |
[02:19] | What are we gonna do? | 我们接下来怎么办 |
[02:20] | I don’t know, bro. | 我不知道 兄弟 |
[02:22] | He’s getting hammered in his leaky trailer | 他在漏水的拖车里喝得烂醉如泥 |
[02:24] | with a gun sitting next to him on the table. | 手边的桌子上还放着一把枪 |
[02:25] | And… I just offered him Pringles. | 可我 我居然让他吃品客薯片 |
[02:28] | – Pringles are pretty great. – Come on. | -品客薯片挺好的 -别闹 |
[02:29] | – Don’t be funny right now. – I’m not. | -现在不是开玩笑的时候 -我没开玩笑 |
[02:30] | – I really like Pringles. – Randall. | -我真的很喜欢品客薯片 -兰德尔 |
[02:34] | We got to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[02:37] | We could probably throw him some cash | 我们可以给他一些现金 |
[02:38] | to make the place a little more livable, | 让他住的地方更宜居一点 |
[02:40] | but I don’t suspect he’ll take it. | 但我觉得他应该不会接受 |
[02:42] | Livable. | 更宜居 |
[02:43] | He’s got a hole in his ceiling. | 他的天花上有个大洞 |
[02:45] | The man’s got PTSD; he’s depressed. | 他有创伤后精神压力症 还抑郁了 |
[02:47] | He’s obviously an alcoholic. | 而且很明显有酒瘾 |
[02:48] | Yeah, but Kev, he’s been living like this for years. | 对 但是小凯 他已经这样活了很多年 |
[02:50] | He’s our uncle. | 他是我们的叔叔 |
[02:53] | He’s family, we’re gonna help him. | 他是家人 我们得帮他 |
[02:57] | Who wants to call Mom and tell her what’s going on here? | 谁想打给妈妈 跟她说一下情况 |
[03:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:04] | All right. Yeah, no, I’ll do it. So you guys are a lot of help. | 行 那我来吧 谢谢你们的”鼎力相助” |
[03:06] | – Kevin. – I’ll jus– I’ll-I’ll take care of the whole thing. | -凯文 -这整件事 就让我一个人处理吧 |
[03:09] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:10] | – Good night? – I’ll see you guys in the morning. | -直接晚安吗 -我们早上见 |
[03:20] | Have you been up all night? | 你是一晚上没睡吗 |
[03:22] | Uh, yeah, I guess I have. | 对 大概是吧 |
[03:23] | Just doing research on, uh, VA hospitals, vet centers. | 我一直在查退伍军人医院 老兵培训中心 |
[03:27] | I found this place nearby in Youngsville, looks pretty good. | 附近杨斯维尔有一家 看起来还行 |
[03:31] | You know, I figure if we can get him over there, | 我想让他过去看看 |
[03:32] | maybe get him into an in-patient program, if he agrees. | 然后做一下住院治疗 如果他同意的话 |
[03:34] | – Mornin’. – Morning. | -早 -早上好 |
[03:36] | You know, Randall, I think for the first time in history | 兰德尔 今天应该是历史上第一次 |
[03:38] | Kev has done more homework than you. | 小凯做的功课比你多 |
[03:42] | Did you call Mom? | 你给妈妈打电话了吗 |
[03:44] | Yeah, I did. I talked to her last night. | 打了 我昨晚跟她说了 |
[03:46] | How was she? | 她感觉如何 |
[03:48] | It’s unclear, you know. | 不好说 |
[03:49] | I told her where we were and what was going on. | 我说了我们在哪里 发生了什么事 |
[03:51] | She had some questions, a lot of… A lot of processing. | 她问了一些问题 但还没完全接受这一切 |
[03:55] | Well, I mean, she probably feels like… | 是啊 也许她会觉得… |
[03:57] | Nicky. | 尼奇 |
[03:58] | – Hi. – Morning. | -早 -早上好 |
[04:00] | – Good morning. – Morning. Morning. | -早上好 -早 早 |
[04:02] | Sleep okay? | 睡得好吗 |
[04:04] | – Slept. – Good. | -睡了 -好 |
[04:06] | That’s good. | 那挺好的 |
[04:07] | You, uh… | 你… |
[04:09] | You ever been to this, uh, this vet center in Youngsville? | 你去过杨斯维尔的这家老兵培训中心吗 |
[04:12] | – You ever hear of that place? – Youngsville. | -你听过这个地方吗 -杨斯维尔 |
[04:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:15] | Uh, no, not that one. | 没 我没去过 |
[04:18] | I thought maybe we could go there today. | 也许我们今天可以一起去看看 |
[04:20] | Yeah, well, you know, I’ve been to a lot of vet centers. | 其实 我去过很多家老兵培训中心 |
[04:22] | They’re all pretty much the same. | 基本都差不多 |
[04:25] | Kev’s done a lot of research. | 小凯查了很多资料 |
[04:27] | This one looks pretty cool. | 这家看起来挺好的 |
[04:28] | We don’t have to go there and spend the whole day. | 我们不必非得过去待一整天 |
[04:30] | We can just swing by and see what you think. | 我们可以过去看一眼 感觉一下 |
[04:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:37] | Mom. | 妈 |
[04:39] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[04:43] | I’m Rebecca. | 我是丽贝卡 |
[04:45] | I was Jack’s wife. | 我曾是杰克的妻子 |
[05:07] | Uh, Kevin told me you guys were here | 凯文跟我说你们在这里 |
[05:09] | and I d-didn’t even think about it, | 我甚至都没有思考 |
[05:10] | and before I knew it, I was just in the car driving. | 等我反应过来 我已经在开车了 |
[05:13] | You… | 你… |
[05:19] | You have his eyes. | 你的眼睛跟他很像 |
[05:22] | I mean, it’s-it’s different, | 当然 并不一样 |
[05:23] | but there’s something in the eyes. | 但是你们的眼神很像 |
[05:31] | Well, nice to meet you, Rebecca. | 很高兴认识你 丽贝卡 |
[05:36] | Did you know about us? | 你知道我们的事吗 |
[05:39] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[05:40] | Uh, yeah, I saw Jack once in, um… | 我见过杰克一次… |
[05:44] | He came up here in early ’92. | 他1992年的时候来过一次 |
[05:48] | And he showed me your picture. | 他给我看了你的照片 |
[05:50] | Showed all of you. | 你们所有人的照片 |
[05:52] | And, uh, | 当时 |
[05:54] | you know, he-he seemed, he seemed very, uh… | 他看起来 他看起来非常… |
[05:57] | He seemed very happy. | 他看着非常幸福 |
[06:01] | I’m just gonna go outside for a moment. | 我想先出去一下 |
[06:06] | Can’t tell you how good it is to be home. | 你不知道回家的感觉有多好 |
[06:26] | You can’t sleep? | 你睡不着吗 |
[06:28] | Neh. | 睡不着 |
[06:31] | I’ll see your “Neh” and raise you a… | 我跟个”睡不着” 然后加个注 |
[06:38] | – Jack. – Supposed to take Kevin | -杰克 -本来明天要带凯文 |
[06:40] | to the mall tomorrow | 去商场 |
[06:42] | and get some baseball cards signed, | 帮他拿到棒球卡签名 |
[06:45] | but I… just… | 但我 就是 |
[06:49] | I need a day. | 我需要一天 |
[06:51] | I’ll take him. | 我带他去吧 |
[06:54] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定 -嗯 |
[06:57] | Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[06:58] | Of course. | 别客气 |
[07:06] | Dad, you’re back. Yay! | 爸爸 你回来了 |
[07:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:09] | Good to be home, Katie girl. | 回家真好 凯特宝贝 |
[07:13] | Did you get me something? | 你给我带了东西吗 |
[07:14] | Did I…? | 我 |
[07:18] | You know what? It was such a short trip | 你知道吗 这次旅行太短了 |
[07:19] | that I forgot your snow globe, | 我忘记给你带雪花玻璃球了 |
[07:21] | but I’ll bring you two next time, okay? | 我下次给你带两个回来 好吗 |
[07:23] | Dad, let’s go. | 爸爸 我们走吧 |
[07:24] | – We got to get there early. – I don’t even know | -我们得早点到那儿 -我都不知道 |
[07:26] | why you want John Smiley’s autograph. | 你为什么想要约翰·斯迈利的签名 |
[07:28] | Everybody’s saying he’s getting traded to the Twins. | 大家都说他要被换到双子星球队了 |
[07:30] | That’s why I got to get my card signed now, Dorkburger. | 所以我才要现在拿到棒球卡签名 呆瓜 |
[07:33] | He might not be in Pittsburgh much longer. | 他可能不会在匹兹堡留很久了 |
[07:35] | If I don’t get my card signed, | 如果我的棒球卡没有签名 |
[07:36] | it’s never gonna double in value. | 它的价值永远不会翻番了 |
[07:39] | Dad, get dressed. Come on. | 爸爸 快去换衣服 快点 |
[07:40] | Oh, actually, I’m-I’m gonna take you, Kev. | 其实是妈妈带你去 小凯 |
[07:44] | – Why? – ‘Cause I want to. | -为什么 -因为我想 |
[07:46] | And I think it’ll be fun. | 我觉得会很有意思 |
[07:47] | Go get your jacket. | 去穿外套吧 |
[07:48] | I’ll meet you in the car, okay? | 我在车里等你 好吗 |
[07:51] | Go. Go ahead. | 去 去吧 |
[07:52] | You’re gonna have fun with your mom, okay? | 你跟你妈会玩得开心的 好吗 |
[07:54] | Mom, you’re supposed to help us | 妈妈 你不是说好帮我们 |
[07:55] | with our Valentine’s Day cards. | 准备我们的情人节卡片吗 |
[07:57] | I’ve seen you with a magic marker, Bug. | 我见过你用记号笔的样子 宝贝 |
[07:59] | You don’t need my help. | 你不需要我帮忙 |
[08:00] | And Dad will be here if you need anything, okay? | 如果你需要什么东西 爸爸会在这儿的 |
[08:10] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[08:12] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[08:20] | I remember that weekend, I do. | 我记得那个周末 我记得 |
[08:23] | He, um… | 他 |
[08:26] | said he was going to visit some war buddy, | 说他要去拜访一个战友 |
[08:30] | somebody he had had a falling out with. | 一个曾经跟他闹翻了的人 |
[08:32] | And it was right around Valentine’s Day. | 就是在情人节前几天 |
[08:35] | He was acting so strangely. | 他表现得很奇怪 |
[08:43] | I think the-the best thing for us to do now | 我觉得我们现在的最好选择 |
[08:44] | is just to get him into that, that vet center, you know? | 就是让他去那家老兵就业和培训中心 |
[08:48] | If we get him over there, he can’t, | 如果我们带他去那儿 他不能 |
[08:50] | can’t argue going, right? | 不能吵着要走 对吧 |
[08:51] | And then maybe we can convince him to stay. | 然后或许我们能说服他留下 |
[08:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:58] | Kev, I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow in L.A. | 小凯 我约好了明天在洛杉矶看医生 |
[09:01] | – Right. – I’m not supposed to miss | -好吧 -我不应该错过 |
[09:02] | – any appointments. – Of course. No. | -任何医生预约 -当然不行 |
[09:03] | Just… I get it. | 我理解 |
[09:06] | I got to go, too, bro. | 我也得走了 兄弟 |
[09:07] | What? What do you mean? | 什么 什么意思 |
[09:09] | It was supposed to be a sibling road trip. | 这难道不是兄弟姐妹自驾游吗 |
[09:12] | Wh– Randall, you drove. | 兰德尔 你开的车 |
[09:14] | I know. But my wife is unemployed | 我知道 但我老婆失业了 |
[09:16] | and she’s all over the place. | 她现在情绪不稳定 |
[09:18] | You know, I-I take office in the next few weeks, | 而且几周之后 我就要宣誓就职 |
[09:20] | and God only knows what kind of effect | 谁都不知道这会对我的家庭 |
[09:22] | that’s gonna have on my family. | 产生什么影响 |
[09:24] | Look, I… I can’t, | 我 我不能 |
[09:26] | I can’t just camp out in some hotel | 我不能一直住在一家酒店里 |
[09:28] | with an uncle who doesn’t want our help | 陪着一个不想要我们帮忙的叔叔 |
[09:30] | and Dad didn’t want us to know in the first place. | 更何况爸爸本来就不想让我们知道 |
[09:33] | – Wow. – What? | -天啊 -怎么了 |
[09:35] | Wh– You jump at the chance to save everybody else | 你平时根本不放过任何拯救地球的机会 |
[09:37] | on the planet, our uncle needs help, he’s family, | 现在我们的叔叔需要帮助 他是家人 |
[09:39] | and-and you-you got to be home in time for dinner. | 而你竟然吵着要赶回家吃晚饭 |
[09:47] | I’m sorry. I’m tired. | 抱歉 我累了 |
[09:48] | I-I was up all night. I didn’t sleep. | 我 我熬了一整夜 我没睡觉 |
[09:50] | I-I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:52] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[09:58] | Looks like it’s you and me. | 看来只剩我们俩了 |
[10:04] | Mother-son day. | 母子一天 |
[10:06] | It’s gonna be fun. | 会很有意思的 |
[10:24] | Just because dad kept something from us | 即便爸爸瞒过我们一些事 |
[10:26] | doesn’t mean you didn’t know him. | 这并不代表你不了解他 |
[10:28] | He had stuff going on, and we had absolutely no idea. | 他做了很多事 而我们完全不知道 |
[10:32] | Like, no, he saw Nicky in 1992, he said. | 比如 尼奇说他们在1992年见过面 |
[10:36] | – Yeah. – And we had no clue. | -对 -我们根本不知道 |
[10:38] | Yeah, because we were 11. | 对 因为我们当时才11岁 |
[10:42] | You know what’s weird? | 你知道奇怪的是什么吗 |
[10:46] | I think I remember that weekend. | 我好像记得那个周末 |
[10:49] | That… he went away on a work trip… | 他出差离开了… |
[10:52] | And when he came back, | 他回来的时候 |
[10:54] | that’s the day that we had the sequin fight. | 就是我们玩亮片大战的那天 |
[10:57] | – Oh, the sequin fight. – Yeah. | -亮片大战 -对 |
[11:01] | God, we destroyed the house. | 天啊 我们弄得家里一团糟 |
[11:03] | Oh, my gosh, I remember Dad… | 我的天 我记得爸爸 |
[11:06] | just laughing, completely covered in sequins. | 一直在大笑 浑身都是亮片 |
[11:08] | We were finding little sequins in the floor cracks for years. | 后来好几年 地板缝隙里都能找到小亮片 |
[11:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:20] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[11:25] | I miss that house. | 我想念那栋房子 |
[11:32] | You know, when William and I took that trip | 你知道 威廉死前 我们一起 |
[11:34] | to Memphis before he died, | 去了一趟孟斐斯 |
[11:36] | we went to visit his childhood home, | 我们去拜访了他童年时候的家 |
[11:39] | and the owners let us in. | 房主让我们进去了 |
[11:41] | It was pretty cool for him, I think. | 我觉得他当时应该很开心 |
[11:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:47] | Got a couple hours to kill before your flight. | 你的飞机还有几个小时才起飞 |
[11:49] | Not that far from Pittsburgh. | 这里离匹兹堡也不远 |
[11:53] | Okay. The thing I… | 好吧 问题是… |
[11:54] | I think you’re forgetting is, our childhood home is gone. | 我觉得你忘了 我们儿时的房子没了 |
[11:57] | Right, the house isn’t there, but the yard is, | 对 房子是不在了 但院子还在 |
[12:01] | the street is, the… the-the neighbors. | 街道还在 邻居还在 |
[12:08] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好的 |
[12:10] | Dad, I’m gonna write a personal note to everyone in my class | 爸爸 我要给班里每个人单独写一条留言 |
[12:13] | and then cover it in sequins. | 然后贴上亮片 |
[12:17] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[12:19] | It’s good, Katie girl. | 很好 凯特宝贝 |
[12:22] | What about you, Randall? | 你呢 兰德尔 |
[12:24] | The Simpsons say it better than I ever could. | 《辛普森一家》说得肯定比我好 |
[12:26] | Dad, can you help me count footballs? | 爸爸 你能帮我数一下足球吗 |
[12:29] | an eye on that. Their score 29. | 快看 他们得了29分 |
[12:31] | Uh, you know what? Why don’t, um…? | 其实呢 要不这样吧 |
[12:34] | Why don’t you guys do it yourselves, okay? I have, uh… | 你们自己做 好吗 我… |
[12:37] | – I got some stuff to do. – Like what? | -我有点事要忙 -什么事 |
[12:40] | You know, grown-up stuff. | 大人的事情 |
[12:42] | Work, taxes. | 工作 税收 |
[12:44] | Just don’t go making a mess, okay? | 老实点 别把家里弄乱 好吗 |
[12:47] | Your mother’s gonna lose it if she comes home | 你妈回来发现家里一团糟 |
[12:48] | and the house is a disaster, okay? Okay. | 肯定会气疯的 懂吧 |
[13:00] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[13:04] | What’s up, bud? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[13:21] | This is our lounge. | 这里是休息室 |
[13:25] | We have sessions for vets, | 我们有针对老兵 |
[13:26] | service members and their families. | 服役人员和家属的讨论会 |
[13:29] | Hey, and, uh, all the counselors are… | 而且所有咨询师 |
[13:32] | – They’re vets themselves, correct? – Exactly. | -本身就是老兵 对吗 -没错 |
[13:33] | So you’re talking to someone who knows what you’re going through. | 所以你能与真正理解自己过去的人交流 |
[13:36] | We also have financial caseworkers to help you | 我们也有金融社会工作者提供帮助 |
[13:39] | sort out your benefits, any disability payments. | 理清各项福利 以及残疾抚恤金 |
[13:41] | And of course, we have one-on-one counseling, as well. | 当然 我们也有一对一咨询服务 |
[13:48] | I can introduce you to a few more folks, | 我可以介绍你多认识几个人 |
[13:49] | – or I can answer any questions. – No, thank you. | -也可以解答任何疑问 -不了 谢谢 |
[13:54] | I’ll let you talk. | 那你们商量一下 |
[13:56] | Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. | 有其他需要我帮忙的事情尽管开口 |
[13:58] | – Thank you. – Thank you. Appreciate it. | -谢谢 -多谢 感激不尽 |
[14:04] | Pretty nice place, huh? | 这里很不错吧 |
[14:07] | Look… | 听我说… |
[14:09] | I appreciate the effort, I do. | 我感谢你们付出的努力 |
[14:11] | I can tell that me seeing this place, you know, | 我知道你们真心希望 |
[14:15] | meant something to you, so, you know, here I am. | 我能来这里看看 所以我来了 |
[14:19] | But I’ve been to counselors before, | 但我以前找过咨询师 |
[14:22] | and it didn’t work. | 并没有作用 |
[14:25] | Also, I’m a drunk. | 而且我酗酒 |
[14:27] | Oh, and also, I can’t seem to leave my trailer | 还有 不带着点大麻在身上 |
[14:31] | without getting the shakes. | 我甚至无法离开我的拖车 |
[14:32] | You think, uh… you think | 你觉得… |
[14:34] | doing a jigsaw puzzle’s gonna fix that? | 做做拼图游戏能解决这些问题吗 |
[14:37] | I think a meeting could help. | 我觉得讨论会也许有用 |
[14:39] | – It won’t. – It could. | -没用的 -也许会有用 |
[14:40] | It won’t! | 不可能 |
[14:46] | You’re out of your depth, kid. | 你帮不了我 孩子 |
[14:55] | Mom, I’m just gonna– I’m gonna take a minute. | 妈 我出去静一静 |
[15:12] | Hey, Kev. | 小凯 |
[15:14] | I’m sorry, Mom. | 很抱歉 妈 |
[15:17] | I’m just frustrated, you know. Uh, it’s been a long, uh… | 我只是觉得很沮丧 我们费尽周章… |
[15:25] | I make it all the way here, you know. | 我好不容易走到这一步 |
[15:27] | I-I… I actually find my uncle. | 我…我真的找到了我叔叔 |
[15:32] | To have it end this helplessly just– it sucks. | 最后却是这样无奈的结局 真是糟透了 |
[15:34] | Yeah, I know. | 我理解 |
[15:37] | And you know what? I’m mad at Dad. | 而且我也很生我爸的气 |
[15:39] | I’m pissed off that he never told us about him. | 我很气他从没说过叔叔的事 |
[15:43] | He’s been gone 20 years. | 他已经走了二十年 |
[15:44] | He had a brother this whole time. | 而他一直都有个弟弟 |
[15:45] | I-I had an uncle I could have known. | 我有个叔叔 却一直不知道 |
[15:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:52] | No. No. I’m mad, too. | 没事 我也生气 |
[15:55] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[15:57] | And it’s hard to be mad at someone who’s not here anymore. | 而对一个逝者生气很不好受 |
[16:00] | There’s nothing you can… do with those feelings. | 因为你无法…处理那些情绪 |
[16:05] | But, yeah. | 但没办法 |
[16:07] | – Yeah. – Yeah, I’m mad. | -是啊 -没错 我生气 |
[16:31] | Hey, Kev, I’m really hungry. Why don’t we go get some lunch? | 小凯 我很饿 咱们去吃午饭好吗 |
[16:35] | Then we’ll come back and see if the line’s any shorter, yeah? | 然后回来再看看队伍有没有变短 |
[16:37] | They said they’re shutting down at 2:00. I’m not leaving. | 他们说两点关门 我不走 |
[16:40] | Hey, Kevin, I’m not asking you. I’m telling you. | 凯文 我没问你的意见 你必须走 |
[16:43] | We’re gonna go get some lunch, | 我们去吃午饭 |
[16:44] | and then we will come back, okay? | 然后再回来 好吗 |
[16:46] | – No! – Come on. | -不要 -走吧 |
[16:47] | – Yes. Come on. – No! | -好了 走吧 -不 |
[16:51] | I need his rookie card signed. | 我要他在新秀卡上签名 |
[16:53] | I’m not leaving. | 我不走 |
[16:55] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[16:57] | I will go get us some lunch, and you stay in line. | 我去买点午饭 你在这里排队 |
[16:59] | – You promise me you’ll stay in line? – Fine. | -答应我不许乱跑好吗 -好 |
[17:01] | Okay, I’ll be right back. | 好 我一会就回来 |
[17:10] | I know you probably want to get back home. | 我知道你可能想回家 |
[17:11] | Do you mind if we spend one more night here? | 但你介意我们在这里多住一晚吗 |
[17:15] | Sure. Fine. | 没事 可以 |
[17:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:22] | I think it’s time you and I talked. | 我觉得我们该谈谈了 |
[17:30] | Wild Draw Four. Sorry, Grandpa. | 转色罚牌四张 抱歉了 姥爷 |
[17:32] | – Ruthless. – Don’t worry, Ma. | -真无情 -别担心 妈 |
[17:34] | We’re only staying here a few weeks, a month, at most. | 我们只在这里住几周 顶多一个月 |
[17:38] | – I’m sorry. – What are you talking about? | -抱歉 -你在胡说什么 |
[17:39] | We love having you here. | 我们很喜欢你们住在这里 |
[17:41] | Dad doesn’t love | 爸爸不喜欢 |
[17:42] | that his painting studio is now Ella’s bedroom. | 艾拉拿他的画室当卧室 |
[17:45] | Oh, I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[17:46] | I love that you didn’t listen to your father | 我喜欢你不听你爸的话 |
[17:48] | and ran off and eloped with a musician | 非得和一个音乐家私奔 |
[17:50] | and have now returned home at 28 to take over my painting studio. | 然后在二十八岁时回到家侵占我的画室 |
[17:54] | Fine. Then we’ll leave. | 好吧 那我们立刻就走 |
[17:57] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[17:58] | No, I’ll get it. | 不用 我去 |
[18:05] | Hi. I’m Randall. | 你好 我是兰德尔 |
[18:07] | Um, this is my sister Kate. | 这位是我姐姐凯特 |
[18:09] | It’s a super weird story, | 说起来你可能不信 |
[18:10] | but we actually used to live in this house. | 我们以前其实就住在这幢房子里 |
[18:12] | Well, not this house, but… | 不是这一幢 但… |
[18:13] | I’m sorry. It’s a bad time. | 抱歉 现在不方便 |
[18:15] | It’s… | 这… |
[18:20] | You should have let me talk. | 你应该让我说话的 |
[18:22] | I panicked. | 我慌了 |
[18:24] | Actually, I almost said, | 其实我差点要说 |
[18:25] | “Hi. I’m Randall Pearson, | 你好 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[18:26] | and I’m running for city council.” | 我正在竞选市议员 |
[18:28] | It’s a force of habit. | 习惯使然 |
[18:35] | Almost all the houses on the street look completely different. | 这条街几乎所有的房子都完全变样了 |
[18:42] | I was thinking about the day we had the sequin fight. | 我在想我们进行亮片大战的那天 |
[18:47] | I think that was the day that we invented Pearson Pizza. | 我觉得就是在那天发明了皮尔森披萨 |
[18:52] | That was that day? | 是那天吗 |
[18:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:55] | I mean, it might have been. | 可能是那天 |
[19:03] | Do you want to see my room? | 你们想看下我的房间吗 |
[19:14] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:16] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[19:17] | I’m okay, bud. I’m fine. | 我没事 孩子 我很好 |
[19:21] | We’re hungry. | 我们饿了 |
[19:23] | You are? Well, just order a pizza. | 是吗 那点一份披萨吧 |
[19:26] | Whatever you guys want, okay? | 点什么都行 好吗 |
[19:28] | Something for your mom and Kevin, too. | 也给妈妈和凯文叫点东西吧 |
[19:31] | Okay? Get the money out of my wallet. | 好吗 从我钱包里拿钱 |
[19:35] | You want us to order a pizza? | 你想让我们点披萨吗 |
[19:37] | Yeah. Yeah, something everybody will like, okay? | 对 点个大家都爱吃的 好吧 |
[19:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:21] | Hi. You’re reached Zoe. Leave a message. | 你好 我是佐伊 请留言 |
[20:24] | Hey. Uh, Zoe, it’s me. | 佐伊 是我 |
[20:27] | Ugh. I think I’m gonna be home tomorrow. | 我应该明天回家 |
[20:29] | My uncle’s a mess, his trailer’s a mess. | 我叔叔一团糟 他的拖车也一团糟 |
[20:35] | Took him to the vet center, | 带他去了老兵培训中心 |
[20:36] | he barely even looked at it, so, um… | 他几乎看都懒得看 所以… |
[20:45] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道怎么办 |
[20:48] | Talk to you later. | 晚点跟你说 |
[20:52] | My grandma told me I could come and get you. | 我奶奶告诉我可以去把你们带进来 |
[20:55] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[20:57] | – I’m Kate. – Geeta. | -我是凯特 -吉塔 |
[20:59] | Rohan. | 我是罗恩 |
[20:59] | I’m Randall. Hi. | 我是兰德尔 你们好 |
[21:00] | – Geeta. – Randall. Nice to meet you, Geeta. | -吉塔 -兰德尔 很高兴见到你 吉塔 |
[21:02] | Sorry about my daughter slamming the door in your face. | 很抱歉刚才我女儿冲你们摔了门 |
[21:05] | She’s-she’s going through a tough time right now, | 她… 她最近过得不太顺利 |
[21:07] | – which has become our tough time. – It’s okay. | -所以搞得我们也很难受 -没事的 |
[21:09] | – But welcome. – Come. | -但是 欢迎你们 -来吧 |
[21:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[21:14] | It’s really different. | 真的是和以前大不相同了 |
[21:16] | I don’t even know what room I’m standing in right now. | 我都不知道我站着的地方以前是哪个房间 |
[21:19] | How long ago did you live here? | 你们多久之前住在这儿的 |
[21:22] | We lived here in the ’80s and ’90s. | 我们八九十年代住在这儿 |
[21:25] | The house got rebuilt after we left. | 我们搬走后房子就被重建了 |
[21:27] | Why did you move? | 你们为什么搬走 |
[21:31] | We grew up. | 因为我们长大了 |
[21:32] | Was this fireplace here when you lived here? | 你们住这儿的时候 这里有壁炉吗 |
[21:35] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[21:36] | Actually, it was completely different. | 其实房屋结构完全不一样 |
[21:38] | This used to be the dining room. | 这里以前是餐厅 |
[21:41] | And over there, | 那里的话 |
[21:42] | that was the living room. | 那儿是客厅 |
[21:46] | What is it, Kate? | 怎么了 凯特 |
[21:51] | This is where it happened, Randall. | 就是在这里发生的 兰德尔 |
[21:52] | This is– this is where we had the sequin fight. | 我们就是在这里 玩的亮片大战 |
[21:55] | Right here. | 就是这儿 |
[21:57] | Dad said we could order our own pizza? | 爸爸说我们可以自己订披萨吗 |
[21:59] | Yes! | 是的 |
[22:00] | Ho-ly crap! | 我的天呐 |
[22:03] | Hi, I’m an adult. | 喂 我是个成年人 |
[22:05] | Can I order a pizza? | 我能订个披萨吗 |
[22:11] | I’m sure being here brings back a lot. | 在这儿肯定可以会勾起很多回忆 |
[22:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:18] | Yeah. We were just… | 是的 我们刚刚… |
[22:20] | telling stories about when we lived here | 在说我们住在这里时发生的事 |
[22:22] | and we had a sequin fight. | 那时候我们玩了亮片大战 |
[22:23] | This place was covered, | 后来搞得这一片 |
[22:25] | absolutely covered in sequins. | 真的到处都是亮片 |
[22:27] | I mean, we had some awesome days here. | 我们在这里度过了美好的时光 |
[22:30] | But that day was the awesomest. | 但那一天绝对是最美好的 |
[22:33] | No. | 不是 |
[22:36] | I don’t think it was, Kate. | 我觉得不是 凯特 |
[22:40] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[22:42] | You remember the plate? | 你还记得那张盘子吗 |
[22:44] | Don’t you remember that broken dish? | 难道不记得那张打碎的盘子吗 |
[22:49] | Dad, we invented the greatest pizza | 爸爸 我们发明出了全世界 |
[22:51] | in the history of the world! | 有史以来最好吃的披萨 |
[22:53] | One favorite pizza topping | 上面有每个人最爱的 |
[22:55] | – for everyone so that… – Hey, what-what is this? | -披萨馅料 -喂 这是怎么回事 |
[22:58] | What is this? | 怎么回事 |
[23:00] | Kate, I asked you. I asked. | 凯特 我跟你说了 我交代过的 |
[23:02] | I specifically asked you for one thing today: | 我今天特意叮嘱过你一件事 |
[23:05] | do not make a mess! | 别搞得一团糟 |
[23:06] | So y-you’re gonna clean this up. | 你们自己清理干净 |
[23:08] | Okay? | 可以吗 |
[23:10] | I didn’t need this today, Kate. | 今天别给我添乱 凯特 |
[23:11] | I didn’t need it. | 别添乱 |
[23:32] | Dad, what happened? | 爸爸 怎么了 |
[23:35] | Plate. | 盘子 |
[23:37] | Slipped out of my hand | 我准备把盘子放进水池 |
[23:38] | when I was putting it in the sink. I’m sorry. | 结果手滑没拿住 对不起 |
[23:41] | – I can give you… – No, no, no, no, no. | -我可以帮你 -别别别 |
[23:42] | Stop, stop. | 别来帮忙 |
[23:43] | You’re gonna hurt yourself. Just… | 你会伤到自己的 就… |
[23:47] | Go get me the broom. | 帮我把扫帚拿过来 |
[23:50] | I don’t remember that at all. | 我根本都不记得那件事了 |
[23:53] | Dad didn’t throw a plate. | 爸爸没有摔过盘子 |
[23:56] | He let us order pizza. We had a sequin fight. | 他让我们订披萨 我们玩了亮片大战 |
[23:59] | I don’t think that’s right, Kate. | 我觉得不是那样的 凯特 |
[24:00] | Well, I do, ’cause I remember it. | 我觉得是那样 因为我记得 |
[24:02] | Okay. Fine. | 行 好的 |
[24:05] | What, Randall? | 怎么了 兰德尔 |
[24:07] | Sorry, but we’re probably heading out soon, so… | 抱歉 但我们估计马上要出门了 所以… |
[24:38] | You know, when I found out that you were alive… | 你知道吗 当我得知你还活着的时候 |
[24:42] | …I didn’t want to meet you. | 我不想见你 |
[24:45] | ‘Cause I didn’t want to… | 因为我不想… |
[24:49] | unravel what Jack had always told me. | 拆穿杰克一直对我说的谎言 |
[24:55] | It has been a long time since I’ve been in a room | 我已经很久没有跟任何人聊过 |
[24:58] | with somebody who has memories of him that I don’t know. | 关于杰克我所不知道的事了 |
[25:04] | But… | 不过 |
[25:10] | Do you have any fun stories about your childhood? | 你们童年有什么好玩的故事吗 |
[25:15] | Wasn’t a childhood worth remembering. | 我的童年不值得回忆 |
[25:20] | Yeah. | 是吗 |
[25:23] | Well, he never really told me a whole lot about you. | 他真的从来没完整跟我说过你的事 |
[25:26] | He told you I died. | 他告诉你我死了 |
[25:28] | Because, uh, he wished I was dead. | 因为 他希望我死了 |
[25:35] | The kids told me what happened. | 孩子们告诉我来龙去脉了 |
[25:38] | Sounds horrific and-and very complicated. | 听起来很吓人 而且很复杂 |
[25:42] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:47] | You know, for what it’s worth, | 不管怎样 |
[25:48] | right before he passed away, Jack was newly sober. | 在他去世前不久 杰克刚戒酒 |
[25:51] | And… | 而且 |
[25:53] | he was opening up in ways he never had before. | 他说了很多以前从来不会说的事情 |
[25:55] | And I obviously don’t know for sure, but I… | 我当然无法确定 但是… |
[26:00] | I think he would’ve found his way back to you. | 我觉得如果他还活着 他应该会去找你 |
[26:05] | Well, he missed his chance. | 他错过了机会 |
[26:09] | Yeah, he did. | 是啊 他错过了 |
[26:13] | But you still have a chance to make things right, | 但你还有机会弥补过错 |
[26:16] | because I’m here. | 因为我在这里 |
[26:18] | And his son is here. | 而且他的儿子也在这里 |
[26:23] | And Kevin is… | 凯文他… |
[26:25] | Oh, he’s always been tricky. | 他总是让人捉摸不透 |
[26:29] | He’s harder to define. | 很难给他下个定义 |
[26:32] | – It was great meeting you, Kevin. – Thank you. | -很高兴认识你 凯文 -谢谢 |
[26:37] | What did you say during your big moment with John Smiley? | 你刚才和约翰·斯迈利聊了什么 |
[26:40] | Nothing. I asked him to sign my card, | 没什么 我请他给我的卡片签名 |
[26:42] | and he signed it. | 然后他签了 |
[26:45] | I have to pee. Can-can you wait? | 我想尿尿 你能等等吗 |
[26:47] | Yeah. Here, I’ll hold your stuff. Go pee. | 好的 我帮你拿着东西 去吧 |
[26:48] | – Thank you. – It’s right there. Go, go. | -谢谢 -就在那儿 快去吧 |
[26:54] | Hi. Sorry. ‘Scuse me. | 你好 抱歉 打扰一下 |
[26:56] | – Mr. Smiley? Hi. – Yes? | -你是斯迈利先生吧 -怎么了 |
[26:57] | You just met my son. | 你刚刚见过我儿子 |
[27:00] | You signed his rookie card for him? | 你帮他签了他的新秀卡 |
[27:03] | – Yeah. – I was wondering what you guys were talking about. | -是的 -我想知道你们刚刚都聊了些什么 |
[27:06] | Uh, he wanted to tell me where I could shoot pool in Minneapolis. | 他告诉我在明尼阿波里斯市哪里可以打台球 |
[27:10] | – What? – He read in the paper | -什么 -他在报纸上看到 |
[27:11] | I’m going to get traded to the Twins. | 我要被换到双子星球队了 |
[27:13] | Which… could happen. | 确实有可能会这样 |
[27:16] | And he has my rookie card, so… | 他手上有我的新秀卡 所以… |
[27:19] | See? | 你看 |
[27:20] | “John enjoys hunting, karate, shooting pool… | “约翰喜欢打猎 空手道 台球 |
[27:24] | “Watching drag racing, and going to the beach.” | 看拉力赛还有去海滩” |
[27:27] | Yeah, he said he took a travel guide out of his school library. | 对 他说他从学校图书馆拿了本旅游指南 |
[27:30] | Gave me a list of karate centers, too. | 还给了我一张空手道中心的清单 |
[27:33] | I didn’t even know that Kevin knew his school had a library. | 我都不知道凯文居然知道他学校有图书馆 |
[27:36] | He said he just… wanted to make sure I was happy, | 他说他只是… 想确保我开心 |
[27:40] | wherever I ended up. | 无论我去哪里打球 |
[27:42] | Special little boy you have. | 我见过不少孩子 |
[27:44] | And I run into a lot of them. | 你家儿子真的很特别 |
[27:46] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢你 -没事 |
[27:48] | – Thank you very much. – Of course. Thank you. | -非常感谢 -不客气 也谢谢你 |
[27:50] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice meeting you, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[27:51] | Hey, I hope you don’t get traded. | 希望你别被换走 |
[27:53] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[27:58] | I know he seems like he has it all. | 我知道他看起来像是人生赢家 |
[28:01] | He’s tall and he’s handsome and he seems so confident, but… | 又高又帅 充满自信 但是… |
[28:06] | really, underneath all of that, | 说真的 在这些表象之下 |
[28:07] | he’s just a sensitive little boy. | 他只是个敏感的小男孩 |
[28:11] | And he’s had a really tough year. | 他这一年过得很艰难 |
[28:13] | He is newly sober, just like his father. | 像他父亲当年一样 也是刚戒酒 |
[28:16] | And… | 而且 |
[28:18] | he’s just worried about you. | 他只是很担心你 |
[28:21] | He’s worried about your health. | 担心你的健康状况 |
[28:23] | He’s worried about your leaky roof. | 担心你漏水的房顶 |
[28:25] | Because he cares. | 因为他在乎你 |
[28:26] | This is so important to him. | 这对他来说很重要 |
[28:29] | You are already so important to him. | 你已经对他很重要了 |
[28:32] | Because… | 因为 |
[28:34] | because you’re family to him already. | 你已经是他的家人了 |
[28:37] | So let me get this straight. | 容我理解一下 |
[28:39] | Um, the message here is, uh, | 你说这么多意思就是 |
[28:40] | “Shape up, Nicky, ’cause the kid needs a win”? | “尼奇 别颓废了 因为那孩子需要赢一次” |
[28:43] | No, that’s not what I’m saying. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[28:45] | I-I’m not a prop, Rebecca. | 我不是演出道具 丽贝卡 |
[28:47] | I’m not… | 我不是… |
[28:48] | Kevin sees me as family. | 凯文视我为家人 |
[28:51] | Well, you know how I see him? | 你知道我是如何看他的吗 |
[28:53] | I-I see him as a tall, blond kid who pulled me from my home, | 他在我眼中就是一个高个儿的金发小子 |
[28:58] | the only place I’m comfortable, | 把我从唯一让我感到舒适的家里拉出来 |
[29:01] | so a movie star could, uh, | 好让这位电影明星 |
[29:03] | you know, be a real-life hero for a day. | 在现实生活里也当一次英雄 |
[29:34] | I think they might call the cops if we don’t leave soon. | 我们再不走的话他们可能就要报警了 |
[29:38] | Did I misremember our entire childhood? | 我们整个童年记忆我都记错了吗 |
[29:40] | No. | 不 |
[29:42] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[29:43] | That was the day that, uh, Dad had seen his estranged brother, | 那一天爸爸见到了他久未联系的弟弟 |
[29:47] | who he lied to us about. | 还对我们隐瞒了他的存在 |
[29:49] | You remember him yelling at me and throwing a plate, | 你记得他冲我大喊 还摔了个盘子 |
[29:51] | and I remember a sequin fight. | 而我只记得亮片大战 |
[29:55] | How can it be the same day? | 这怎么会是同一天的记忆呢 |
[29:59] | Means he did a good job. | 这说明他处理得很好 |
[30:01] | You remember the good stuff. | 你记得好的事 |
[30:03] | Or I’m completely delusional. | 或者那完全是我幻想的 |
[30:04] | No. | 不是 |
[30:06] | Look, we all have bad days as parents. | 作为父母我们都有一些不好的时候 |
[30:09] | I’ve had some doozies. | 我也搞砸过 |
[30:11] | And you will, too. | 你也会的 |
[30:13] | You’ve had some doozies? | 你居然搞砸过吗 |
[30:14] | It’s hard to believe, but… yeah. | 很难相信 但这是事实 |
[30:20] | Look, all you can do as a parent | 作为父母你能做的就是 |
[30:21] | is try to pack the days with as much good stuff as possible | 试着用尽可能多的好事来填满回忆 |
[30:24] | and hope that it outweighs the bad. | 希望好事能压过坏事 |
[30:27] | You hope that the good stuff sticks. | 你希望孩子们记住美好的事 |
[30:31] | That’s what he did for us. | 这就是他为我们做的 |
[30:43] | It’s looking good, guys. | 看起来不错 孩子们 |
[30:54] | Hey, I’m sorry about earlier. | 刚才的事我很抱歉 |
[30:56] | Okay? Dad’s tired. | 好吗 爸爸累了 |
[30:58] | Forgive me? | 可以原谅我吗 |
[31:05] | Great. | 好的 |
[31:07] | Hey, by the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[31:09] | this pizza is so good. | 这个披萨太好吃了 |
[31:11] | You guys might be geniuses. | 你们可能是天才 |
[31:13] | – Pizza geniuses. – Pizza geniuses. | -披萨天才 -披萨天才 |
[31:15] | I mean, this is so good, we got to name it. Right? | 太好吃了 我们要给它取个名字 好吗 |
[31:18] | What should we call it, Pearson Pizza? | 该叫什么呢 皮尔森披萨怎么样 |
[31:20] | I mean, Randall, I’m-I’m really coming around | 兰德尔 我特别赞同 |
[31:22] | to this whole spinach thing, you know? | 在这里面放菠菜 你知道吗 |
[31:24] | Adds a nice crunch. | 增加了脆的口感 |
[31:26] | Makes me feel like Popeye. | 我感觉自己是大力水手 |
[31:29] | No? | 没有吗 |
[31:33] | Katie girl, I think, um… | 凯特宝贝 我觉得 |
[31:35] | I think this one could use a couple more sequins. | 这个可以再多放点亮片 |
[31:38] | Don’t you? | 你不觉得吗 |
[31:41] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[31:42] | Oh, my God. Oops. | 天啊 糟糕 |
[31:43] | I-I missed. | 没扔到 |
[31:46] | I don’t… Wow. | 我不… |
[31:48] | What’s wrong with my hand? | 我的手怎么了 |
[31:49] | Something’s wrong… | 我的手 |
[31:51] | with my hand. | 不听使唤了 |
[31:53] | – Sequin fight? – Sequin fight. | -要来亮片大战吗 -亮片大战 |
[32:00] | Who got some… Whoa! | 谁有… |
[32:05] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[32:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:25] | I’m sorry that we invaded your space. | 抱歉我们闯入了你的空间 |
[32:27] | It was never… | 这不是… |
[32:29] | – Stop. – Our inten… | -别说了 -我们的本意… |
[32:37] | Uh, Jack liked to build things as a kid. | 杰克小时候喜欢建东西 |
[32:40] | I was, uh, I was real bad at it. | 我真的很不擅长 |
[32:43] | But, um… | 但是 |
[32:45] | he was a frickin’ artist. | 他简直就是个艺术家 |
[32:48] | He could… he could build anything. | 他… 他什么都会建 |
[32:50] | He once built a-a tree fort in our backyard. | 他曾经在我们后院建了一座木堡 |
[32:55] | See, Nicky? | 看 尼奇 |
[32:57] | “Tongue and groove, Nicky.” | “榫槽接合板[凹槽固定] 尼奇” |
[32:59] | Like that. | 就像这样 |
[33:01] | Tongue and groove. | 榫槽接合 |
[33:04] | “Tongue and groove.” | “榫槽接合” |
[33:07] | That’s what he’d say. | 他总说这句话 |
[33:09] | I didn’t know what the hell he was talking about. | 我根本不知道他在说什么 |
[33:18] | I wanted to be a writer. | 我曾经想成为一名作家 |
[33:22] | And then I, uh, I wanted to be a doctor. | 后来我想当医生 |
[33:27] | And then… | 再后来 |
[33:29] | I didn’t… | 我就… |
[33:31] | want anything. | 什么都不想了 |
[33:39] | I used to be a person. | 我曾经是一个人 |
[33:45] | I… | 我 |
[33:46] | wish I could… | 希望可以 |
[33:49] | be that person again… | 再次成为那个人 |
[33:53] | but it’s been so long, I-I don’t think I can. | 但过去这么久了 我觉得我做不到 |
[34:03] | Anyway, um… | 不管怎么说 |
[34:07] | you drove a long way, | 你们大老远开车过来 |
[34:08] | so the least I could do was, um… | 我至少能做的就是 |
[34:12] | tell you about… | 跟你说说 |
[34:14] | …Jack’s tongue-and-groove fort. | 杰克的榫槽接合板城堡 |
[34:21] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[34:29] | You guys were all he ever wanted. | 你们就是他梦寐以求的一切 |
[34:49] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[34:59] | Final step– plasterboard goes up there. | 最后一步 把灰泥板放在那上面 |
[35:05] | Never had anyone tall enough. | 一直找不到足够高的人 |
[35:10] | All right… | 好了 |
[35:15] | You’re not bad at this. | 你做得还不赖 |
[35:17] | You done it before? | 你以前做过这个吗 |
[35:18] | No. I did play a handyman in a student film one time | 没有 不过我前阵子确实在一个学生影片里 |
[35:22] | a while back. | 演过勤杂工 |
[35:23] | It’s not porn. Honest to God. | 不是色情片 真的 |
[35:24] | I know it sounds like porn, but… | 我知道听起来像色情片 不过… |
[35:31] | Well, that ought to do it. | 好吧 这样应该可以了 |
[35:32] | – That ought to do it. – Yep. | -应该可以了 -没错 |
[35:46] | You don’t need to worry about my… | 你不必再担心我这个 |
[35:48] | leaky roof anymore. | 漏水的屋顶了 |
[35:52] | I wasn’t worried. | 我没有担心 |
[35:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:59] | And I’m going to… go to one of those meetings | 我会准备 去参加一次救助会 |
[36:02] | at the, um, VETS center. | 就在那个老兵培训中心 |
[36:06] | I don’t promise I’m gonna go to two meetings, | 我不能保证我会去参加第二次 |
[36:07] | but I’ll, you know, I’ll go to one. | 但是 我会去参加一次 |
[36:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:11] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[36:15] | I know you want to fix things. | 我知道你想要弥补很多事 |
[36:18] | Fix me. | 想帮助我 |
[36:20] | And I w… | 而我… |
[36:23] | I wish I could give you that. | 我希望我可以满足你的愿望 |
[36:26] | But… | 但 |
[36:28] | you… | 你 |
[36:30] | and, uh, your family… | 还有 你的家人 |
[36:34] | It’s just… | 对我来说 |
[36:36] | too painful. | 太痛苦了 |
[36:42] | So, um… | 所以 |
[37:06] | It was a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴能见到你 |
[37:07] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[37:10] | maybe I’ll see you again. | 也许有机会再见 |
[37:11] | – Maybe. – Okay. | -也许吧 -好的 |
[37:21] | Hello? Hello, hello? | 有人吗 大家好 |
[37:23] | – Family? – Hey. | -我的家人 -回来了 |
[37:25] | What’s going on, girls? | 你们好吗 姑娘们 |
[37:26] | Good to see you. I missed you. | 见到你们真好 我想你们了 |
[37:29] | Eatin’ your dinner and all. Mwah! | 你们都在乖乖吃晚餐 |
[37:31] | – How you doing, sweetie? – Good. How are you? | -你怎么样 亲爱的 -很好 你呢 |
[37:33] | Mm, good, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[37:35] | Whoa. Taking a trip? | 你要出门吗 |
[37:37] | My mom hurt her damn hip again. | 我妈又扭到腰了 |
[37:39] | You know, I just got off the phone with the hospital, | 我刚跟医院通完电话 |
[37:41] | and I was gonna call you, but then I had to get on the phone | 我本来要打给你 但我又得给佐伊打电话 |
[37:43] | and make a plan with Zoe, then the hospital called again… | 商量怎么办 然后医院又打来了… |
[37:45] | – Is she okay? – No… | -她还好吗 -不好 |
[37:47] | Yeah. I just hope she didn’t break it again. | 还好 我只是希望没有再次骨折 |
[37:50] | I got to head down to D.C. | 我得赶去华盛顿特区 |
[37:52] | – Of course. When? – Now. | -好 什么时候 -现在 |
[37:54] | I was just waiting on you to get back. | 我就是在等你回来 |
[37:55] | I got to pick up Zoe from the train station. | 我还得去火车站接佐伊 |
[37:58] | – Okay. – Yeah? | -没问题 -真的吗 |
[37:59] | – I love you. – All right. Love you. | -我爱你 -好的 我也爱你 |
[38:00] | – Yeah. – I’ll call you from the road. | -我知道 -我路上再打给你 |
[38:02] | All right, girls, love you. | 走了 姑娘们 爱你们 |
[38:05] | – Bye-bye. – Love you. – Bye. | -拜拜 -爱你 -再见 |
[38:09] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[38:11] | Angelica, Eliza, Peggy. | 安吉莉卡 伊莱扎 佩姬 |
[38:14] | – I’m Peggy? – You’re Peggy. | -我是佩姬吗 -你是佩姬 |
[38:15] | Why is this bag so heavy? | 这个包怎么会这么沉 |
[38:18] | Oh, yeah, that’s right. Presents. | 想起来了 因为有礼物 |
[38:21] | Can I get a drumroll, please? | 拜托给我来个开场鼓点 |
[38:23] | You don’t get any presents without a drumroll. | 不给我来鼓点你就分不到礼物了 |
[38:26] | – God, you’re so embarrassing. – “You’re so embarrassing.” | -天哪 你真的好俗气 -你真俗气 |
[38:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:32] | Where are my guys? | 我的宝贝呢 |
[38:36] | – There’s one. – Oh, hi. We missed you. | -这有一个 -回来了 我们都很想你 |
[38:39] | – Hi. – Oh-ho-ho. You must be so exhausted. | -回来了 -你一定累坏了 |
[38:42] | I got you some new slips. | 我给你买了双新拖鞋 |
[38:44] | – Thank you. – So just slap these on your feet. | -谢谢 -赶快上脚试试吧 |
[38:45] | – I’m gonna make you some tea, okay? Mwah. – Okay. | -我给你弄点茶来 好吗 -好的 |
[38:48] | – Wait, babe. – Yeah? | -等等 宝贝 -怎么了 |
[38:51] | When we buy a house, I want a backyard. | 等我们买房子的时候 我想要带后院的 |
[38:55] | And I want to get a projector screen. | 我还想要一个投影屏幕 |
[38:57] | And I want to take our son out there, | 我想带我们的儿子去院子里玩 |
[38:59] | and I want to bring blankets and popcorn, | 我还想带上毯子和爆米花 |
[39:02] | and I want to stay up late, and I want to… | 我想要和他一起熬夜 我还想… |
[39:05] | I want to show him all of our favorite movies. | 我想给他看所有我最喜欢的电影 |
[39:10] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[39:21] | For Deja. | 给黛佳的 |
[39:22] | Fancy non-smelly lotions | 精致的无香乳液 |
[39:24] | in the sample size. You’re welcome. | 试用装 不客气 |
[39:26] | And for you two, | 给你们两个的是 |
[39:28] | gossip magazines featuring the world’s hottest celebrities | 刊登着世界超火辣明星的八卦杂志 |
[39:31] | pumping their own gas | 给自己的车加油啊 |
[39:32] | and scooping their own dog’s poop. | 给自己的狗狗铲屎啊 |
[39:35] | Celebrities. | 流量明星 |
[39:40] | Hello? | 回来了 |
[39:47] | Hey, babe. Sorry. Um… | 亲爱的 抱歉 |
[39:49] | a sequin fight broke out, and we couldn’t help it. | 亮片大战突然爆发 我们没忍住 |
[39:53] | It-it just happened. | 就这么发生了 |
[39:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:57] | I am not cleaning this up. | 这片残局我可不打扫 |
[40:00] | Understood. | 明白 |
[40:01] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好的 |
[40:04] | Go ahead. Join… | 去吧 加入进去 |
[40:06] | Get him! Get the new guy! Get the new guy! | 打他 打新人 先打倒新人 |
[40:08] | Hey! Oh, he’s getting a heart! | 他要贴上心型亮片了 |
[40:09] | He’s getting a heart one! | 他要贴上心型亮片了 |
[40:10] | – Dad! – He’s getting a heart one! | -爸爸 -他贴上心型亮片了 |
[40:24] | You did exactly what you set out to do. | 你已经完全达到了你此行的目的 |
[40:26] | You should feel really good about that. | 你应该对此感到很满意 |
[40:30] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:33] | I mean, I’m really grateful to you. | 而且 我真的很感谢你 |
[40:36] | ‘Cause if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to… | 如果不是有你 我是不可能… |
[40:40] | …think about your father | 想到你爸爸 |
[40:41] | building a fort, saying, “Tongue and groove, Nicky.” | 建了个城堡 还说”榫槽接合板 尼奇” |
[40:47] | So thank you for that. | 所以真的很谢谢你 |
[40:51] | My uncle’s a mess. | 我叔叔一团糟 |
[40:52] | His trailer’s a mess, it’s… | 他的拖车也一团糟 |
[40:54] | I took him to the VETS center, he barely even looked at it. | 带他去了老兵培训中心 他几乎看都懒得看 |
[40:56] | So I’m… | 所以 |
[41:03] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道怎么办 |
[41:05] | Talk to you later. | 晚点跟你说 |
[42:03] | I’m really proud of you, Kevin. | 我真的很为你感到骄傲 凯文 |