时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Beth, you have a minute? | 贝丝 现在有空吗 |
[00:03] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | We have to let you go. | 我们必须让你走了 |
[00:06] | This is Beth Pearson. | 我是贝丝·皮尔森 |
[00:07] | I was checking to see if you got the résumé. | 我想请问您是否收到了我投的简历 |
[00:10] | But I hadn’t heard anything, so… | 但我还没收到回复 |
[00:12] | if you could, uh, call me back? | 如果您能给我回电就太好了 |
[00:15] | Your last boss, Bill, couldn’t rave about you more. | 你的前任老板比尔 简直对你赞不绝口 |
[00:19] | That must have been hard parting ways. | 你离开公司一定很难过 |
[00:20] | Yeah. Sorry, it’s still a little raw. | 是啊 抱歉 喉咙有点干 |
[00:25] | – My mom hurt her damn hip again. – She okay? | -我妈又扭到腰了 -她还好吗 |
[00:28] | Yeah. I just hope she didn’t break it again. | 还好 我只是希望没有再次骨折 |
[00:31] | Um, I got to head down to D.C. | 我得赶去华盛顿特区 |
[00:32] | – Of course. When? – Now. | -好 什么时候 -现在 |
[00:59] | Damon. Damon Henderson. | 达蒙 达蒙·赫德森 |
[01:02] | Mr. Henderson, I know you hear me. | 赫德森先生 我知道你听得到 |
[01:06] | Mrs. Sawicky said you were late for homeroom. | 萨维奇老师说你点名迟到了 |
[01:08] | – Again. – I’m sorry, Principal Clarke. | -又迟到了 -抱歉 克拉克校长 |
[01:11] | Oh, you don’t have to apologize to me. | 你不必向我道歉 |
[01:13] | Apologize to yourself, and don’t let it happen again. | 请向自己道歉 下不为例 |
[01:17] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[01:22] | I got a “B” on my history exam today. | 我昨天的历史测试拿了B |
[01:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:26] | Last time, I got a “C.” | 上次我拿的是C |
[01:27] | So next time you get an “A.” Go on, now. | 那你下次就拿个A 去吧 |
[01:30] | Don’t be late for third period, too. | 第三节课别耽误了 |
[01:37] | No running! There is no run… | 不许跑 学校规定不许… |
[01:40] | My bad, Principal Clarke. | 我错了 克拉克校长 |
[01:42] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[01:43] | Are you okay, Mrs. Clarke? | 你还好吗 克拉克夫人 |
[01:45] | I’m fine, Donald. Keep going. | 我没事 多纳德 你去吧 |
[01:46] | Go on, go on. | 去吧 没事 |
[02:00] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:02] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[02:04] | Yes! ’90s on 9 for life! Ha! | 太棒了 超喜欢1909音乐电台 |
[02:07] | Remember when we used to pretend we were in this music video? | 记得我们以前假装在拍摄音乐影片吗 |
[02:10] | *What about your friends?* | *你的朋友们呢* |
[02:12] | *Are they gonna be lowdown?* | *他们知道真相吗* |
[02:14] | *Will they ever be around? Hey* | *他们会陪着你吗* |
[02:18] | *Or will they turn their backs on you?* | *还是会抛下你呢* |
[02:24] | Oh, thanks for coming down to D.C. with me. | 谢谢你陪我一起去华盛顿 |
[02:26] | Of course. Hey, telling that woman she needs to retire | 别客气 要跟那女人说她该退休了 |
[02:30] | – is definitely a two-woman job. – Yeah. | -这需要两个女人来完成 -是啊 |
[02:32] | She can’t be on her feet all day chasing after teenagers. | 她不能整天跟在一群青少年后面追着跑 |
[02:35] | She’s lucky she only bruised it this time. | 这次只是淤青算她走运 |
[02:37] | She keeps this up, | 要是一直这样下去 |
[02:38] | she’s gonna break the damn hip all over again. | 总有一天腰椎会再次骨折 |
[02:40] | – Mm, we need to get in there and lay down the law. – Amen. | -我们得过去跟她说清楚 -说得好 |
[02:44] | You are gonna lay down the law with me, right? | 你会陪我一起跟她谈吧 |
[02:46] | Not just lay down? | 而不是只陪着我 |
[02:48] | Uh… what’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[02:51] | Beth, when it comes to standing up to your mom, | 贝丝 每次跟你妈妈对峙的时候 |
[02:53] | you have this… tendency to clam up. | 你总是容易 缩进龟壳 |
[02:56] | I do– What?! | 我什么 |
[02:57] | – I do not clam up. – You do. You clam. | -我才不会缩进龟壳 -你会的 真的会 |
[03:00] | I get it. She’s terrifying. | 我理解 她很可怕 |
[03:04] | I bet she’s driving you crazy about losing your job, right? | 你失业这件事 她肯定快把你逼疯了吧 |
[03:06] | – Nope. Not really. – Seriously? | -其实还好 -真的吗 |
[03:09] | She’s not all over you about finding something new? | 她没催着你赶紧找一份新工作吗 |
[03:14] | “Gap in your résumé | “简历里的断层 |
[03:15] | is a red flag for any future employer, Bethany.” | 会让任何新老板都望而却步的 贝丝妮” |
[03:19] | No. She’s been pretty cool, actually. | 对 她其实没什么大反应 |
[03:22] | Oh, my God. You haven’t told her you got laid off. | 我的天哪 你还没告诉她你被开除了 |
[03:25] | Fine, all right? She doesn’t know. | 好吧 她不知道 |
[03:27] | And I wasn’t gonna tell you until right before we walked in, | 我本来打算在进门前再告诉你 |
[03:29] | because I didn’t want you to give me crap about it | 因为我不想听你唠叨 |
[03:31] | – the whole car ride. – I’m not gonna give you crap. | -唠叨我一路 -我不会唠叨你的 |
[03:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:35] | – You know why you didn’t tell her? – Why? | -你知道你为什么没告诉她吗 -为什么 |
[03:37] | – You clammed up. – I hate you. | -你缩进了龟壳 -我讨厌你 |
[03:44] | Bethany? | 贝丝妮 |
[03:48] | Bethany? | 贝丝妮 |
[03:49] | Bethany. Is this homework time, or is this drawing time? | 贝丝妮 现在是作业时间还是画画时间 |
[03:54] | Homework time. | 作业时间 |
[03:56] | “Is this homework time, or is this drawing time?” | “现在是作业时间还是画画时间” |
[03:59] | Miss Zoe, you have something to say? | 佐伊女士 你有什么不满吗 |
[04:01] | I know you’re new here, | 我知道你刚来 |
[04:02] | but in this house, we show respect. | 但是在这个家 要互相尊重 |
[04:04] | Sorry, Mama C. | 抱歉 克拉克妈妈 |
[04:06] | All right. | 好了 |
[04:13] | Guess who. | 你猜是谁 |
[04:16] | Someone who ate something with mustard on it, that’s who. | 是个吃了芥末的人 不是别人 |
[04:19] | You are a very cruel woman. | 你真是个冷酷的女人 |
[04:21] | But I love you. | 但是我爱你 |
[04:22] | Oh! Come on! | 别闹 |
[04:25] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[04:27] | That’s enough. How was the day? | 够了 你今天过得如何 |
[04:29] | – Good. – Yeah? | -挺好的 -是吗 |
[04:30] | – Yes. – Good. | -对 -那就好 |
[04:31] | Hello? Yes, this is she. | 你好 是我 |
[04:35] | What? I got in? | 什么 我被录取了吗 |
[04:36] | Bethany, who are you speaking to? | 贝丝妮 你在跟谁说话 |
[04:37] | I got into the academy! | 我被学院录取了 |
[04:40] | Child, give me this phone. | 孩子 把电话给我 |
[04:42] | What academy? | 什么学院 |
[04:43] | Hello? Who am I speaking to? | 喂 请问你是哪位 |
[04:46] | I s… I see. | 是吗 好 |
[04:50] | Well, now, I have to talk to my husband about it. | 是这样 我需要跟我丈夫商量一下 |
[04:53] | I shall return your call, yes. | 我会再打给你们 |
[04:57] | That was Vincent Kelley from the Whitmore Ballet Academy. | 是惠特莫芭蕾学院的文森特·凯利 |
[05:00] | He came to my dance class at school, | 他来学校看了我的舞蹈课 |
[05:01] | and Ms. Allen said we should dance our best, | 艾伦女士让我们跳自己的拿手舞蹈 |
[05:03] | ’cause he was gonna pick one of us to join his academy. | 因为他会从我们中选一个人加入舞蹈学院 |
[05:06] | And you think this is funny? | 你很高兴吗 |
[05:10] | That our daughter auditioned for a prestigious dance academy | 我们的女儿偷偷面试了一家 |
[05:13] | behind our backs and got in? | 著名舞蹈学院并被录取了 |
[05:16] | A little, yes. | 是有一点 |
[05:18] | Baby, you’ve seen how good our girl is. | 亲爱的 你知道我们的女儿有多棒 |
[05:21] | It couldn’t hurt to just check the place out. | 让她离家出去闯闯也无妨 |
[05:24] | She’s our little island girl. | 她是我们的小宝贝 |
[05:28] | She danced before she walked. | 她会走路前就会跳舞了 |
[05:30] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[05:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:44] | I hope she still keeps a spare under one of these plants. | 希望她还在这些植物下面留着一把备用钥匙 |
[05:47] | They gave her a walker. | 他们给了她一个步行器 |
[05:48] | I don’t want her to have to drag herself to the front door. | 我不想让她拖着身子到前门来 |
[05:50] | Please. She’s probably already in bed. | 拜托 她可能已经睡了 |
[05:52] | I thought I heard some rumbling around out here. | 我就说我好像听到这边有动静 |
[05:55] | Why are you two messing around in my plants? | 你俩为什么在鼓捣我的植物 |
[05:57] | Hi, Mom. | 妈 |
[06:01] | Hi, Mama C. | 克拉克妈妈 |
[06:03] | You two didn’t have to drive all the way down here. | 你俩用不着大老远开车过来的 |
[06:05] | – It’s just a bruised hip. – No, we know we didn’t. | -只不过是臀部淤青 -我们知道用不着 |
[06:08] | We wanted to. And aren’t you supposed to be | 可我们想过来 你不是应该 |
[06:10] | staying off your feet? And where’s that walker? | 脚不沾地吗 那个步行器呢 |
[06:12] | The doctor told me you’re… | 医生跟我说你… |
[06:13] | Lord, please. E.R. Doctors. | 老天 拜托 急诊室医生 |
[06:15] | They are so dramatic. | 他们都太小题大做了 |
[06:16] | And that walker thing is for old ladies. | 步行器那东西是给老人用的 |
[06:18] | – But you’re supposed to be… – Now, listen. | -但你应该要…-现在听着 |
[06:20] | I have already been lectured to | 我已经被一个 |
[06:22] | by a doctor who doesn’t know me from Adam, | 完全不认识我的医生教育过了 |
[06:23] | so whatever this “Take it easy” nonsense business is | 不管你要说什么”慢慢来” |
[06:27] | you’re about to spout, I don’t want to hear that. | 之类的废话 我都不想听 |
[06:31] | You must be starving. Come on in. | 你们一定饿了吧 快进来 |
[06:33] | I’ll warm up dinner. | 我来热一下晚饭 |
[06:38] | – She’s still scary as hell. – Yep. | -她还是很可怕 -对啊 |
[06:57] | So, these are my advanced students. | 这些是我教的高级班学生 |
[06:59] | One day this could be Bethany. | 有一天贝丝妮会成为其中一员 |
[07:03] | How many classes does she have to take? | 她要上多少节课 |
[07:05] | Three classes every day after school | 每天放学后三节课 |
[07:07] | and then all day on Saturdays. | 周六全天 |
[07:09] | And all of these classes lead to what, exactly? | 所有这些课到底是为了什么呢 |
[07:13] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[07:14] | Let’s talk in my office, please. | 我们到我的办公室聊吧 |
[07:21] | Baby girl. Come. | 宝贝 过来 |
[07:26] | Every year, we put on | 我们每年会 |
[07:28] | a senior showcase for our oldest dancers, | 为我们最年长的舞者举办高年级汇报演出 |
[07:31] | featuring some of the classics | 突出一些经典 |
[07:33] | Swan Lake, Giselle, | 《天鹅湖》 《吉赛尔》 |
[07:35] | some of the new works. | 还有一些新作品 |
[07:36] | So all these years of training are for one night of dancing. | 所以这么多年的训练就为了跳一晚上舞 |
[07:42] | It’s not one night of dancing. | 并不是跳一晚上舞 |
[07:44] | It’s a chance to debut our students | 是一次把我们的学生 |
[07:46] | to some of the leading ballet companies in the country. | 推向一些国内顶尖的芭蕾公司的出道机会 |
[07:49] | Our featured soloists go on to have careers | 我们强推的独舞演员会进入纽约市芭蕾舞团 |
[07:51] | at the New York City Ballet, The Royal Ballet, the Bolshoi. | 英国皇家芭蕾舞团和莫斯科大剧院芭蕾舞团 |
[07:56] | How many make it? | 有多少人成功了 |
[07:58] | Professionally. | 成为职业舞蹈家 |
[08:01] | It varies. | 看情况 |
[08:02] | Some years, eight. Others, two. | 有几年有八个 通常只有两个 |
[08:07] | – Two. – Mr. And Mrs. Clarke, | -两个 -克拉克先生 克拉克太太 |
[08:09] | do you know American Ballet Theater has never had | 你们知道美国芭蕾舞剧团在其53年历史中 |
[08:12] | African American principal dancer | 从来没有非裔美国人 |
[08:14] | in their 53-year-old history? | 成为首席舞者 |
[08:17] | Your daughter has a remarkable raw talent. | 你们的女儿天赋异禀 |
[08:22] | If Bethany works hard, | 如果贝丝妮努力的话 |
[08:25] | I believe she could be the first. | 我相信她会成为第一个 |
[08:29] | I believe she can do it, too. | 我也相信她做得到 |
[08:31] | You know, she danced before she walked. | 要知道 她会走路前就会跳舞了 |
[08:35] | That’s a true story. | 这是真事 |
[08:37] | – You know, I… – Um, could we have a moment? | -你知道…-能让我们私下讨论一下吗 |
[08:40] | In my, uh…? | 在我的… |
[08:45] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[08:59] | This is a very expensive program. | 这个项目很贵的 |
[09:01] | If she goes, you… you’re gonna have to work overtime. | 如果她参加 你 你得加班 |
[09:04] | It’s okay. I don’t mind. | 没关系 我不介意 |
[09:06] | I’ll probably have to teach summer school. | 我可能得去暑校教课 |
[09:13] | – Abe, you heard the odds. – Baby… | -艾布 你听到成功率有多低 -亲爱的 |
[09:16] | when have we ever listened to the odds? | 我们什么时候相信过成功率 |
[09:26] | Come here. | 过来 |
[09:33] | Okay. We’re gonna do this. | 好吧 那就加入吧 |
[09:35] | Your father and I, we’re gonna make this happen. | 我和你父亲会想办法的 |
[09:38] | But if you go here, you’ll have to give it everything. | 但如果你选择了这个 你就得全力以赴 |
[09:40] | You’ll have to be the best. | 你得成为最好的 |
[09:42] | Now, is this what you want, | 现在 这是你想要的吗 |
[09:43] | to work hard at dancing every single day? | 每天都要努力练习舞蹈 |
[09:47] | Yes, Mama. | 是的 妈妈 |
[10:09] | That smells good. | 闻起来真香 |
[10:10] | – Yeah. – Did you put… | -是 -你是不是… |
[10:12] | …extra Scotch bonnet pepper, | 多加了苏格兰红帽辣椒 |
[10:13] | just like your father liked it? Yes, I did. | 你父亲最喜欢了 是的 |
[10:17] | Aw, it’s too bad your brother and sisters are not here. | 可惜你们其他兄弟姐妹不在这儿 |
[10:20] | – They love my curry chicken. – Mom. | -他们喜欢我的咖喱鸡 -妈 |
[10:23] | – We can serve ourselves. – Hmm? Excuse me. | -我们自己能盛饭 -说什么 拜托 |
[10:25] | I can ladle this cream, thank you very much. | 我能舀起这奶油 非常感谢 |
[10:34] | So, Mom… | 对了 妈 |
[10:37] | Zoe and I know you don’t want us running your life. | 我和佐伊知道你不想我们干涉你的生活 |
[10:39] | And we don’t want to. | 我们也无意如此 |
[10:43] | But, um, I feel like we need to talk about your job. | 但我觉得我们需要讨论一下你的工作了 |
[10:48] | What about it? | 有什么问题 |
[10:50] | Well… it’s a lot. | 好吧 很多 |
[10:54] | A lot? | 很多 |
[10:57] | It… it takes a toll. | 它 它损伤很大 |
[11:04] | Are there clams in this rice, Mama C? | 这饭里有蛤蜊吗 克拉克妈妈 |
[11:06] | ‘Cause it’s feeling pretty clammy in here. | 因为看起来黏糊糊的 |
[11:09] | Shut up. | 住嘴 |
[11:10] | I… | 我… |
[11:11] | We were thinking that… | 我们觉得… |
[11:16] | – May… – Look, we think it’s time you… | -也许… -我们觉得你该… |
[11:19] | thought about retiring. | 考虑退休了 |
[11:22] | Are you kidding me? Are you… | 你在开玩笑吗 你们… |
[11:24] | You want me to walk away from my job | 就因为我擦伤了臀部 |
[11:26] | because of a bruised hip? | 你们就想让我退休吗 |
[11:27] | Well, maybe retiring’s extreme, but there must be a way | 退休或许有点极端 但你总有 |
[11:29] | – for you to cut back. – I have told you, | -退居二线的办法 -我说过 |
[11:30] | I do not want to hear this, especially from you. | 我不想听这种话 尤其不想听你说 |
[11:34] | And what’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:36] | What do you know about a job? | 你对工作懂什么 |
[11:37] | Wait, Mom, what are you talking about? | 等等 妈 你在说什么 |
[11:38] | – Zoe has a job. – I’m not talking | -佐伊有工作 -我不是在说 |
[11:40] | about a passion project, dear. | 兴趣爱好 亲爱的 |
[11:42] | I’m talking about a path. | 我在讨论生涯之路 |
[11:43] | I’m talking about choosing a real path | 我在说选择真正的职业道路 |
[11:45] | and sticking to it, like Bethany did. | 并坚持走下去 就像贝丝妮那样 |
[11:47] | Bethany went to college. Bethany got her master’s. | 贝丝妮上了大学 取得了硕士学位 |
[11:50] | And, every morning, | 每天早晨 |
[11:51] | Bethany wakes up with a sense of purpose, | 贝丝妮醒来时都心怀使命感 |
[11:53] | because Bethany… | 因为贝丝妮… |
[11:54] | Bethany got laid off months ago. | 贝丝妮几个月前刚被解雇了 |
[12:04] | Five, six, seven, eight. | 五 六 七 八 |
[12:09] | Clarke. | 克拉克 |
[12:12] | Tendu derrière. | 向后擦地 |
[12:15] | You know, when I was about your age, | 我像你这么大的时候 |
[12:17] | I saw Misha perform for the first time in Giselle. | 第一次看了米夏出演《吉赛尔》 |
[12:21] | Shoulders. | 注意肩膀 |
[12:23] | Do you know who that is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[12:25] | The greatest of our time, Mikhail Baryshnikov. | 我那个时代的巨星 米凯亚·巴瑞辛尼科夫 |
[12:29] | When he leaped, | 当他跳跃时 |
[12:30] | I thought to myself, “If gravity does exist, | 我心想 如果重力真的存在 |
[12:33] | it takes a vacation when he’s onstage.” | 当他上台时 重力一定罢工了 |
[12:34] | He simply… soared. | 他简直是在…翱翔 |
[12:37] | So, you, young lady, you’ve got that flying part down. | 而你 小姑娘 你已经会飞了 |
[12:41] | Now you need to master the technique. | 现在只需要掌握技巧 |
[12:44] | And you will. | 你没问题的 |
[12:49] | Again. | 再来一次 |
[13:23] | Mind the tempo, Clarke. | 注意节奏 克拉克 |
[13:25] | Pull up. Don’t lose your center. | 挺拔点 不要失去重心 |
[13:41] | Come talk to me after class. | 下课后来找我一下 |
[13:47] | Nice work, girls. | 跳得不错 姑娘们 |
[13:48] | Bethany, it’s been four years. | 贝丝妮 已经四年了 |
[13:50] | We’ve talked about this before. | 我们说过这个问题 |
[13:51] | You know other forms of dance can be more forgiving. | 其他舞蹈形式没这么严格 |
[13:55] | Vincent, I know I’m not built | 文森特 我知道自己的体型 |
[13:57] | like the perfect ballerina, | 不是完美的芭蕾舞者 |
[14:00] | but neither was Lauren Anderson. | 但劳伦·安德森也一样 |
[14:01] | And now she’s principal dancer for the Houston Ballet. | 但她现在是休斯顿芭蕾舞团的首席 |
[14:04] | The exception, not the rule. | 那是特例 不是常态 |
[14:06] | I can be the exception, too. | 我也可以成为特例 |
[14:10] | I’ve wanted this since I was a little girl. | 这是我从小的梦想 |
[14:15] | I’m going to get the solo. I’m going to get scouted. | 我要当独舞演员 我要脱颖而出 |
[14:19] | And, in a few years, I’m gonna be living in London, | 几年后 我将在伦敦生活 |
[14:22] | working as the principal ballerina with The Royal Ballet. | 做英国皇家芭蕾舞团的首席舞者 |
[14:29] | If you really want this, I’m still with you. | 如果这是你的目标 我依然支持你 |
[14:30] | But you’re gonna have to work ten times harder. | 但你得多付出十倍的努力 |
[14:33] | You up for it? | 准备好了吗 |
[14:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:46] | Hi. Sorry I missed dinner. | 抱歉我没赶上晚餐 |
[14:49] | Stayed late to practice. | 我练到很晚 |
[14:51] | I’m gonna have to do that from now on. | 从现在开始我得一直这样了 |
[14:53] | You’re home early. | 你回家挺早 |
[14:55] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:57] | She’s home. | 她回家了 |
[15:00] | Let’s tell them. | 告诉她们吧 |
[15:03] | Uh, tell us what? | 告诉我们什么 |
[15:04] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[15:11] | You both know I’ve been, uh… | 你们知道我最近… |
[15:15] | coughing a lot lately. | 咳嗽得很厉害 |
[15:17] | Your mama convinced me to see a doctor. | 你们的妈妈让我去看医生 |
[15:21] | And it turns out… | 结果发现… |
[15:25] | I might be a little bit sicker than I thought. | 我可能病得比想象中更严重 |
[15:33] | He has lung cancer. | 他得了肺癌 |
[15:41] | But you don’t smoke. | 但你又不抽烟 |
[15:43] | I know. | 是啊 |
[15:45] | So unfair, right? | 真不公平 是吧 |
[15:49] | I might as well start. | 没准现在可以开始了 |
[15:51] | We told your brother and your sisters this afternoon. | 今天下午已经通知你们其他兄弟姐妹了 |
[15:54] | The doctor wants your father to start chemotherapy, | 医生建议你们的父亲开始化疗 |
[15:57] | so that’s what we’re going to do. | 我们决定采纳意见 |
[16:01] | Wipe those tears. | 擦掉眼泪 |
[16:03] | We have to be strong. | 我们得坚强 |
[16:07] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[16:09] | This table isn’t gonna clear itself. | 桌子还没收拾呢 |
[16:11] | Can you give us a minute? | 你就不能让我们静静吗 |
[16:14] | We just found out the man has cancer. | 我们才知道他得了癌症 |
[16:16] | And your auntie told you what we’re going to do about it. | 你阿姨也告诉了你解决办法 |
[16:19] | Go now. Help her clean up. | 去吧 去帮她打扫 |
[16:32] | Mom, | 妈 |
[16:33] | can you please talk to me? | 你就不能和我说句话吗 |
[16:37] | You’ve barely said a word in 20 minutes. | 你已经有二十分钟一言不发了 |
[16:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:41] | Let’s start with how you’ve been lying to me for months. | 那就从这几个月你如何撒谎说起吧 |
[16:45] | I was always planning on telling you. | 我一直想告诉你来着 |
[16:47] | I just needed to figure things out first. | 我只是先要处理好自己的事 |
[16:49] | – Have you? – No, not yet. | -好了吗 -还没 |
[16:52] | I’ve been interviewing, figuring out my options. | 我参加了一些面试 梳理各种选择 |
[16:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:57] | Okay, we will sort all this out. | 我们来理清头绪 |
[16:59] | Tomorrow morning, I will brew a pot of coffee, | 明早我会泡一壶咖啡 |
[17:01] | and we will make a list of all the great firms in your city. | 并且把你那座城市里所有的大公司都列出来 |
[17:04] | Then, together, we will proof your résumé, | 然后 我们一起修改你的简历 |
[17:05] | go to Staples, get some fancy paper, | 去史泰博[办公用品公司]买点好纸 |
[17:07] | and begin mailing them out. | 然后把它们寄出去 |
[17:10] | Mailing it out? | 寄出去 |
[17:11] | I’m sorry, did we step through a portal to 1998? | 抱歉 我们是坐时光机回到了1998年吗 |
[17:13] | Don’t be smart. | 别油嘴滑舌的 |
[17:33] | I’m going to quit dance. | 我不跳舞了 |
[17:36] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[17:42] | It’s my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[17:46] | He’s… He worked too hard. | 他 他工作太拼了 |
[17:50] | – And now it might… – Bethany, stop. | -可能是… -贝丝妮 别说了 |
[17:53] | It is not your fault that your father is sick. | 这爸爸生病不是你的错 |
[17:55] | And you are not gonna give up years of training. | 你也不准放弃这么多年的训练 |
[17:57] | You’re gonna stick to the path you chose, | 你自己选的道路 要坚持下去 |
[17:59] | and you will be the best. | 而且要成为最优秀的舞者 |
[18:14] | I trust you’re warm? | 相信大家都热身好了 |
[18:16] | We’re gonna learn a new combination. | 我们要学一个新的动作组合 |
[18:18] | Sonya here will demonstrate. | 索尼娅会向大家演示 |
[18:46] | Hi, Mom. Dad. Zo. | 我回了 妈 爸 佐伊 |
[18:51] | Mm, this is late, even for you. | 哪怕对你来说 今天回来也太晚了 |
[18:53] | When will you hear about the solo? | 你什么时候独舞 |
[18:55] | I need time to make your costume. | 我需要点时间做服装 |
[18:57] | Eight weeks. | 八周 |
[18:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:01] | Time for bed, young lady. | 该睡觉了 姑娘 |
[19:03] | You’ve been watching TV for hours now. | 你都看了几个小时电视了 |
[19:05] | It’s not even that late. Chill. | 根本还没那么晚 冷静点 |
[19:08] | I know you did not just tell me to chill, child. | 我知道你不是叫我冷静 孩子 |
[19:16] | That girl is giving your mother a run for her money. | 那姑娘现在翅膀硬不服你妈妈管教了 |
[19:24] | So, tell me, what is it you all are working on? | 跟我说说 你在练什么 |
[19:27] | Pigeon Lake? | 《鸽子湖》 |
[19:31] | It’s Swan Lake, Dad. | 是《天鹅湖》 爸爸 |
[19:34] | There it is, that smile I missed. | 这就对了 我怀念的笑容 |
[19:40] | We got a new girl in class today. | 我们班今天新来了个女同学 |
[19:43] | Oh? She any good? | 她跳得还行吗 |
[19:47] | Better than good. | 非常好 |
[19:49] | I work hard, but… it just comes easier to her. | 我很努力了 但是 那对她来说更容易 |
[19:54] | I can tell. | 我能感受得到 |
[19:57] | My baby girl. | 我的宝贝女儿 |
[20:00] | 18 months old before you started walking. | 你18个月大还不会走路 |
[20:03] | Yeah, I know, Dad. | 是的 我知道 爸爸 |
[20:04] | And your mother was scared to death. | 你妈妈都快吓死了 |
[20:07] | She took you to all kind of doctors. | 她带你看了各种医生 |
[20:09] | Wanted to find out what was wrong with you. | 想弄清楚你到底是出了什么问题 |
[20:13] | But nobody could tell her anything. | 但没人弄得清楚 |
[20:16] | And then, one day, we were all in Kingston. | 然后有一天 我们都在金斯顿 |
[20:20] | Uncle Clem put on some Burning Spear. | 克莱姆叔叔放了首燃烧的长矛的歌 |
[20:23] | – You know the song? – “Dread River.” | -你知道那首歌 -《恐怖河流》 |
[20:26] | That song started playing, and it seem like | 一开始放那首歌 就感觉像 |
[20:30] | it just pick you right up off the ground, | 那首歌把你从地上拉起来了 |
[20:34] | because you stood and you danced straight over to me. | 因为你站起来而且跳着舞朝我走来 |
[20:39] | Your mama would never admit it now, but she sobbed. | 你的妈妈从来不承认 但她都哽咽了 |
[20:43] | We were so happy. | 我们当时太高兴了 |
[20:46] | Our little island girl, | 我们的宝贝女儿 |
[20:49] | who dance before she walked. | 在学会走路之前就会跳舞了 |
[20:54] | That’s who you are. | 这是你的天赋 |
[20:57] | Never forget, baby girl. | 永远别忘了 宝贝女儿 |
[21:01] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[21:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:25] | – Dad? – Yes, my love? | -爸爸 -怎么了 宝贝 |
[21:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:32] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[21:45] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[21:50] | – You up? – Hell yeah. | -还没睡 -是的啊 |
[21:52] | Past 20 years have not been kind to this mattress. | 都二十年了也没让这床垫变得柔软些 |
[21:55] | Come with me. I got something to show you. | 跟我来 我给你看样东西 |
[22:09] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[22:15] | Zoe Marie Baker, | 佐伊·玛丽·贝克 |
[22:16] | did you hide drugs behind Big Mama? | 你在妈妈照片背后藏了毒品 |
[22:18] | It’s the only sacred place in the house. | 这是家里唯一神圣的地方 |
[22:20] | Lower your voice. She might hear us. | 小点声 别被她听到了 |
[22:22] | Is it still good? | 还可以用吗 |
[22:24] | Yeah, she’s still good. | 太好了 还好着呢 |
[22:28] | I will never let you tweeze my eyebrows again. | 我再也不会让你帮我修眉毛了 |
[22:31] | I was a kid. | 我当时还小 |
[22:33] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[22:35] | With no eyebrows. | 眉毛都修没了 |
[22:38] | I am sorry that my mom laid into you like that. | 妈妈那样说你我很抱歉 |
[22:43] | – About your documentaries. – Mm. It’s fine. | -那样说你的纪录片 -没事 |
[22:47] | It really is fine with you, isn’t it? | 你真的觉得没事 对吧 |
[22:50] | Man, I would carry that crap around inside of me | 我的话 估计整整一年 |
[22:53] | for, like, a year. | 都会生闷气 |
[22:55] | But you, you just explode, and it’s all over for you. | 但你 你就直接爆发 然后抛之脑后了 |
[23:01] | Well, I think it’s always been different for me. | 我觉得我跟你就是不一样 |
[23:04] | I mean, by the time I came to live in this house… | 自打我住在这个家里开始 |
[23:10] | Well, it was safe here. | 这里很安全 |
[23:14] | And, uh, well, the rest of you, you looked at your mom | 你们其他人 你们看着你妈妈的眼神 |
[23:16] | like she was this strict, domineering woman, and… | 就像她是一个严厉专横的女人 而… |
[23:20] | I just saw this… | 我感看到的是 |
[23:23] | this person that couldn’t hurt me like I’d been hurt before. | 这个人不会像以前别人对我那样伤害我 |
[23:29] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[23:31] | We don’t talk enough about how incredible you turned out | 有关你经历了这么多事后变成这么优秀的样子 |
[23:34] | despite all the crap you were put through. | 我们聊得还不够多 |
[23:42] | No. | 对 |
[23:43] | We really don’t. | 我们真的没聊够 |
[23:48] | But, uh, but your mom, she… | 但是你的妈妈 她… |
[23:51] | she went easier on me, too. | 也对我更宽松 |
[23:53] | But the rest of you? She… she was tough. | 但对你们 她… 她很严格 |
[23:59] | Sister-cousin, I know you inside and out, | 表姐 我很了解你 |
[24:03] | and something bigger is going on with you. | 我知道你的生活正发生着巨变 |
[24:07] | And you need to find a way to talk about it | 你需要找到倾诉的方式 |
[24:11] | before all that pressure… | 在所有的压力… |
[24:17] | What was that? | 什么意思 |
[24:20] | Uh, was supposed to be an explosion. | 应该把压力爆发出来 |
[24:23] | I’m pretty high. | 我嗑嗨了 |
[24:41] | I’ll be up in a minute. | 我一会儿就上去 |
[24:42] | – Okay. – All right. | -好的 -好 |
[24:43] | – Good night, cuz. – Night, cuz. | -晚安 表姐 -晚安 表妹 |
[24:46] | Never forget, baby girl. | 永远不要忘记 宝贝女儿 |
[25:03] | – Dad? – Yes, my love? | -爸爸 -怎么了 宝贝 |
[25:06] | I’m gonna forget. | 我会忘记 |
[25:11] | I’m gonna forget that part of me. | 我会忘记那段经历 |
[25:18] | Dad, I want you to know that I’ll… | 爸爸 我想让你知道 |
[25:22] | be happy. | 我会幸福 |
[25:25] | I’ll find love. Great love, oh. | 我会找到我的爱 美好的爱 |
[25:30] | With a man who reminds me so much of you it’s scary. | 爱上一个让我不断想起你的男人 这很神奇 |
[25:38] | But I can’t be me without you. | 但是没有你 我无法做自己 |
[25:45] | How could I be? | 我怎么能够 |
[25:51] | Nothing. Good night. | 没事 晚安 |
[26:07] | I know. I’m really excited, though. | 我知道 不过我真的很高兴 |
[26:09] | – Yeah, I know. – Oh, hey, Bethany. | -我知道 -贝丝妮 |
[26:21] | We were all real sorry to hear about your dad passing. | 听到你爸爸去世的消息 我们都很难过 |
[26:24] | Mr. Kelley said you were gonna at least take a couple days off. | 凯利先生说你至少要请几天的假 |
[26:27] | – Did you… – I’d rather be here with you guys. | -你… -我更愿意和你们在一起 |
[26:30] | Plus, I already broke two lamps | 另外 我在家里练习 |
[26:32] | trying to rehearse at home. | 已经弄坏两盏灯了 |
[26:36] | The list is up. Come on. | 名单出来了 快来 |
[26:52] | 《天鹅湖》 天鹅公主 索尼娅·罗杰斯 | |
[27:04] | I didn’t expect to see you back so soon. | 我没想到你会这么快回来 |
[27:07] | Yeah, but my dad would have wanted me to be here. | 是啊 但我爸爸会希望我在这里 |
[27:10] | Believe me, Bethany, I wish it could’ve been you. | 相信我 贝丝妮 我也希望是你拿到角色 |
[27:17] | I want you ready in five minutes. | 五分钟内准备好 |
[27:35] | Mom? | 妈 |
[27:38] | – Mom, are you okay? – I’m fine. | -妈 你没事吧 -没事 |
[27:41] | I picked up some Chinese food | 把你的兄弟姐妹 |
[27:43] | after dropping your brother and sisters off at the train station. | 送到火车站后 我买了些中餐 |
[27:45] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[27:48] | Mom, if you’re sad, we can talk. | 妈 你伤心的话 我们可以谈谈 |
[27:50] | – We can… – Of course I’m sad, Bethany. | -我们能… -我当然伤心 贝丝妮 |
[27:53] | What else could I be? | 不然还怎样呢 |
[27:56] | How was dance today? | 今天跳舞怎么样 |
[28:00] | Uh, they announced the cast for the senior showcase. | 他们公布了高年级汇报演出的演员名单 |
[28:07] | I didn’t get the solo. | 我没拿到独舞的角色 |
[28:15] | I worked really hard. | 我真的很努力了 |
[28:20] | I’m sorry if I disappointed you. | 很抱歉让你失望了 |
[28:24] | You did your best. | 你尽力了 |
[28:26] | That’s all I ever asked. | 我只要求你尽力就够了 |
[28:28] | Don’t worry, Mom. I’m not gonna give up. | 别担心 妈 我不会放弃的 |
[28:55] | Sorry. Is the music bothering you? | 抱歉 音乐吵到你了吗 |
[28:57] | I just wanted to practice a little bit before bed. | 我只是想睡前再练习一下 |
[29:00] | Bethany, come sit here. I have something for you. | 贝丝妮 过来坐 我有东西要给你 |
[29:04] | I gave this to your sisters and your brother. | 这本书我也给了你的哥哥和姐姐们 |
[29:06] | It helped them choose their colleges. | 帮助他们选择了自己的大学 |
[29:11] | But you know I’m not… | 但你知道我不是… |
[29:13] | I mean, the plan is for me to get into a company. | 我的计划是进入剧团 |
[29:16] | That was the plan. | 那是之前的计划 |
[29:18] | But now we have to choose a different path for you. | 但现在我们需要为你另选一条路了 |
[29:23] | A different path? | 另选一条 |
[29:26] | I’m sorry. I-I really am. | 我很抱歉 真的 |
[29:30] | But I just don’t see dance as a path for you. | 但我觉得舞蹈这条路不适合你 |
[29:34] | And I cannot watch you move to New York | 我不能看着你搬到纽约 |
[29:37] | and struggle to make ends meet while you audition for companies | 为那些你永远进不去的剧团试镜 |
[29:40] | that you’re never going to get into. | 同时还要挣扎着维持生计 |
[29:42] | I won’t continue to pay for this school. | 我不会再付舞蹈学校的钱了 |
[29:46] | It’s setting you up to fail. | 这条路是注定失败的 |
[30:18] | Mom? What are you doing? | 妈 你在干什么 |
[30:20] | It’s 3:00 A.M. | 现在是凌晨三点 |
[30:22] | Oh, I couldn’t sleep, | 我睡不着 |
[30:23] | so I thought I’d get a head start on listing firms. | 就想着先列个公司的名单 |
[30:27] | I really don’t need you to help me find me a job, Mom. | 我真的不需要你帮我找工作 妈 |
[30:29] | It’s okay. I’m happy to help. | 没关系 我很乐意帮忙 |
[30:33] | Well, I’m not happy to have your help. | 可我不希望你帮忙 |
[30:38] | I know you’re embarrassed. | 我知道你觉得尴尬 |
[30:41] | But you don’t have to be rude to… | 但你不用对我这么… |
[30:44] | to me. | 没礼貌 |
[30:47] | Yeah. Just keep on going like you always do, right, Mom? | 就如你往常做的那样 对吗 妈 |
[30:53] | Even in pain. | 即使在痛苦的时候 |
[30:55] | That’s what Clarke women do, right? | 这就是克拉克家女人的作风 对吧 |
[30:58] | No room for weakness. | 不容软弱 |
[31:00] | Dad dies, we just wipe our tears and keep on marching, right? | 爸爸死了 我们就擦干眼泪继续向前 |
[31:04] | And what would you have had us do? | 那你会让我们怎么做 |
[31:05] | Wallow in our grief? | 沉浸在悲痛中吗 |
[31:08] | No. | 不 |
[31:10] | But we could’ve taken some time. | 但我们可以花些时间来消化 |
[31:21] | Mom, I remember feeling so free when I was a little girl. | 妈 我还记得我小时候的自由自在 |
[31:28] | Do you remember that? | 你记得吗 |
[31:32] | I always had my head in the clouds, | 我总是富于幻想 |
[31:33] | and I was always… doodling and… | 总是乱涂乱画 |
[31:39] | …always dancing. | 总是在跳舞 |
[31:42] | – Bethany. – You didn’t have to take it from me. | -贝丝妮 -你没必要把这些从我身边夺走 |
[31:47] | You had gone as far as you could go, Bethany. | 你已经尽过最大努力了 贝丝妮 |
[31:49] | It wasn’t working out for you. | 跳舞不适合你 |
[31:51] | You had gone as far as you could go. | 你已经尽过最大努力了 |
[31:57] | You ever wonder why Lisa, Isaiah and Renee don’t come around? | 你想过为什么丽萨 艾赛亚和蕾妮都不来吗 |
[32:05] | It’s because of how you are. | 是因为你总是这样 |
[32:08] | There’s no air around you. | 在你身边喘不过气 |
[32:12] | There’s no air to breathe. | 无法喘息 |
[32:15] | No air to be sad. No air to fail. | 不能悲伤 不能失败 |
[32:21] | That’s your big complaint? | 这就是你要抱怨的吗 |
[32:23] | No air? | 无法喘息 |
[32:26] | Well, I can live with that. | 这我可以接受 |
[32:29] | I promised my mother I’d push my kids as hard as she pushed me. | 我跟我妈保证过会像她那样严厉地管教孩子 |
[32:33] | My kids may not come around, | 我的孩子可能因此埋怨我 |
[32:35] | but that’s okay with me because I know you’re all good. | 但没关系 因为我知道你们都过得很好 |
[32:38] | But I’m not good, Mom. | 但我不好 妈妈 |
[32:41] | I am not good. | 我很不好 |
[32:43] | I haven’t had my head in the clouds for years. | 我已经很多年没有胡思乱想过了 |
[32:46] | My husband, he dreams. | 我的丈夫 他有梦想 |
[32:48] | Oh, he dreams these big ideas, | 他总有些很远大的想法 |
[32:51] | and he is never ashamed to do it, | 但他却从不为此而感到羞愧 |
[32:53] | because nobody ever made him feel like he should be. | 因为从没有人让他觉得他应该为此感到羞愧 |
[32:57] | But me? | 但我呢 |
[33:00] | I can’t even look at him. | 我甚至都没法看他 |
[33:01] | I can’t even look at the person | 我甚至都没法看那些 |
[33:03] | closest to me in the whole world. | 世界上和我最亲近的人 |
[33:05] | I cannot look him in the eye… | 我没法直视着他 |
[33:10] | …tell him I want to be that little girl who dances again. | 告诉他我想再次成为那个跳芭蕾的小女孩 |
[33:42] | This sweater looks good on you, Bethany. | 这件衣服你穿着真好看 贝丝妮 |
[33:44] | And I like the braids. | 而且我也喜欢这辫子 |
[33:46] | A freshman college mixer. | 大一新生的打扮 |
[33:49] | This is a fresh start filled with great opportunities. | 这是你重新大展手脚的绝好开端 |
[35:02] | I-I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:04] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[35:24] | – Mom. – No. Let me speak. | -妈 -不 让我先说 |
[35:33] | My mother was the smartest person I ever knew. | 在我的认知里 我妈妈是最聪明的人 |
[35:39] | Her little restaurant on 129th Street in Harlem | 她那个在哈林区129号大街的小餐馆 |
[35:42] | helped put me and my brothers through school. | 让我和我的兄弟们勉强完成学业 |
[35:45] | My father thought education was worthless for a girl, | 我父亲认为女子无才便是德 |
[35:49] | but she stood up to him. | 但她勇敢地反抗了他 |
[35:51] | Told him I would have every opportunity my brothers had. | 告诉他我应该和我的兄弟们享有相同的权利 |
[35:55] | She worked hard for me. | 她为了我加倍工作 |
[35:58] | And I worked hard to make her proud. | 我也加倍努力来让她为我感到骄傲 |
[36:03] | We hardly ever fought. | 我们几乎从未吵过架 |
[36:06] | Except, of course, when I met your father. | 除了一次 当然 就是我遇见你父亲那次 |
[36:09] | Oh, sh-she warned me, | 她 她警告我 |
[36:11] | “Girl, bad company will lead you astray.” | “女儿 坏朋友只会引你入歧途” |
[36:16] | But Abe wasn’t bad company. | 但艾布可不是坏朋友 |
[36:19] | He just didn’t take life so seriously. | 他只是有些游戏人间罢了 |
[36:24] | I had so many worries. | 我曾经有过很多担忧 |
[36:27] | Sometimes those worries suffocated me. | 有时那些担忧让我喘不过气来 |
[36:29] | But when I was with him, | 但当我和他在一起时 |
[36:33] | I felt like I could finally breathe. | 我觉得我总算能够呼吸了 |
[36:39] | I guess he gave me that air that you said I don’t have on my own. | 我想他给了我你说的那种我所没有的空气 |
[36:46] | Which is why I fell in love with him. | 这就是我爱上他的原因 |
[36:50] | And your grandmother came around. | 最终你们的外婆也理解了 |
[36:52] | She came home one night; Abe was over visiting me. | 一天她回到家 艾布正在我家做客 |
[36:59] | He had brought me dinner while I was cramming for exams. | 他给我买了晚餐 我当时在为考试临时突击 |
[37:04] | And he was feeding me. | 然后他喂我吃饭 |
[37:07] | Literally, feeding me one forkful at a time, | 真地喂我 一勺一勺地喂我吃饭 |
[37:11] | because I wouldn’t stop studying to pick up a fork. | 因为我没法停下学习去拿叉子吃饭 |
[37:16] | And she saw that he was exactly what I needed. | 她看到了他就是我所需要的那个人 |
[37:21] | I was too serious; he wasn’t serious enough. | 我总是太认真 他却不够认真 |
[37:27] | But together we made the perfect balance. | 但我们两个一起就是绝佳的平衡 |
[37:36] | Bethany, I don’t know if I made the right decision for you. | 贝丝妮 我不知道我为你做的决定是否正确 |
[37:41] | But I didn’t have time to question myself. | 但我没有时间来质疑自己 |
[37:46] | Your father was gone. | 你父亲已经不在了 |
[37:48] | My air was gone. | 我的空气也随他走了 |
[37:51] | And… | 所以 |
[37:53] | I just had me and my worries, | 我只剩下我自己和我的担忧 |
[37:57] | wanting my last child to be okay. | 只是希望我的小女儿能够好好长大 |
[38:01] | Our little island girl, | 我们的宝贝姑娘 |
[38:04] | who danced before she could walk. | 那个还没学会走路就开始跳舞的姑娘 |
[38:09] | Mom. | 妈 |
[38:17] | You didn’t fail me, Mom. | 你没让我失望 妈妈 |
[38:24] | I’m strong because of you. | 正是因为有你我才这么坚强 |
[38:29] | I don’t regret the path you put me on. | 我并不后悔走上你为我挑选的路 |
[38:31] | It brought me to Randall. | 这条路让我遇到了兰德尔 |
[38:34] | And my girls. | 有了我的女儿 |
[38:37] | And a job that I loved for 12 years. | 拥有了一份我喜爱了十二年的工作 |
[38:41] | Still… | 尽管如此 |
[38:43] | I shouldn’t have taken dance away so quickly. | 我还是不应该那么快地就让你放弃跳舞 |
[38:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:13] | There she is. | 老婆回家了 |
[39:21] | How’s your mom doing? | 你妈还好吗 |
[39:22] | She’ll be fine. She’s always fine. | 她很好 她一直都很好 |
[39:26] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[39:28] | I will be. | 我也会很好 |
[39:31] | I’m ready to tell you what I want to do next. | 我已经准备好告诉你我之后想做什么了 |
[39:33] | Okay. | 很好 |
[39:40] | Should I come in with you? | 需要我陪你进去吗 |
[39:42] | I could be, like, your hype man. What? | 我可以去当你的啦啦队 怎么样 |
[39:44] | What? | 这样 |
[39:47] | – Thanks, babe, but I got this. – All right. | -谢谢亲爱的 不过我能搞定 -好的 |
[39:51] | – Hey, Beth… – I know. It’s crazy. | -贝丝 -我知道 这很疯狂 |
[39:53] | People are gonna think it’s crazy. | 大家都会觉得这太疯狂了 |
[39:55] | Child, please. When have we ever listened to people? | 宝贝拜托 我们什么时候管过别人的想法 |
[39:59] | What? I say something wrong? | 怎么了 我说错什么了吗 |
[40:03] | No. | 没有 |
[40:25] | Mr. Marcus, get your head out of that phone. | 马可斯先生 不要走路低头看手机 |
[40:27] | There’s a whole world out here that you’re missing. | 你正在错过一整个妙不可言的世界呢 |
[40:31] | Sorry, Principal Clarke. | 抱歉 克拉克校长 |
[41:58] | – You really know your stuff. – Sorry. | -你跳得很不错 -抱歉 |
[42:00] | It’s been a while. I was just… | 很久没跳了 我刚刚在 |
[42:04] | getting a feel for things again. | 重新找回跳舞的感觉 |
[42:06] | Our beginner’s class starts in 20 minutes, | 我们的初学者课程二十分钟后开始 |
[42:08] | but I think you’re gonna be bored to tears. | 不过我觉得你肯定会无聊到爆 |
[42:10] | You really belong in an advanced class. | 你其实应该进入进阶班 |
[42:12] | Actually, I have something else in mind. | 实际上 我有一个更好的想法 |
[42:17] | I wanna teach. | 我想来教跳舞 |