时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | You’ve always said that you wanted to finish school. | 你一直说想完成学业 |
[00:06] | I think the time is now. | 我认为当下就是最好的时机 |
[00:08] | Randall, it’s a struggle for me to get out of bed every morning. | 兰德尔 每天早上起床对我来说都是种折磨 |
[00:11] | It takes every single ounce of energy that I have, | 会用尽我身上每一丝气力 |
[00:14] | and then I have nothing left for the rest of the day. | 然后接下来的每分钟我都感到筋疲力尽 |
[00:16] | Nothing. | 疲惫不堪 |
[00:17] | I take office in the next few weeks, | 几周之后 我就要宣誓就职 |
[00:19] | and God only knows what kind of effect | 谁都不知道这会对我的家庭 |
[00:20] | that’s gonna have on my family. | 产生什么影响 |
[00:22] | I’m ready to tell you what I want to do next. | 我准备好告诉你我之后想做什么了 |
[00:24] | I want to teach. | 我想来教跳舞 |
[00:26] | Kevin is newly sober, just like his father. | 凯文像他父亲当年一样 也是刚戒酒 |
[00:29] | And he’s had a really tough year. | 他这一年过得很艰难 |
[00:39] | Babe, I’m begging you, please, just pick one. | 宝贝 求你了 赶紧挑一个吧 |
[00:44] | I’m gonna zoom in on that. | 我来放大看看 |
[00:45] | – Did-did you just say “Just pick one”? – Stop. | -你刚才说”赶紧挑一个”了吧 -别闹 |
[00:48] | Jack, come on, I’m covered in triplet spit-up. Stop. | 杰克 我浑身都是三胞胎吐的奶 别拍我 |
[00:51] | Bec, you realize that the camera that we choose today | 小贝 你知道我们今天挑的相机 |
[00:54] | is gonna document the most important moments of our family’s lives? | 会记录我们全家历史上最重要的时刻吧 |
[00:59] | You become a completely different person | 你一进这家店 就完全变了一个人 |
[01:01] | in this store. You know that, right? | 你知道的吧 |
[01:02] | Yeah, I do. Radio Shack Jack. | 我知道 变身无线电专家杰克 |
[01:06] | -Radio Shack Jack? – Yeah. | -无线电专家杰克吗 -对 |
[01:07] | Well, maybe he can tell me | 那请无线电专家杰克告诉我 |
[01:08] | why we need a new video camera. | 为什么要买新摄像机 |
[01:10] | Because the old one doesn’t have sound. | 因为旧的那台录不到声音 |
[01:13] | Okay? And there-there are things happening | 对吧 但是皮尔森家里发生的事情 |
[01:15] | in the Pearson house that I think we should hear. | 我觉得我们应该听到 |
[01:20] | Look, when we’re old and gray | 等我们头发灰白 |
[01:21] | and we don’t remember what we ate for breakfast, | 已经记不清早餐吃了什么的时候 |
[01:23] | you’re gonna be so happy that we’ve got tapes | 你会很庆幸 我们用录影带记录下了 |
[01:25] | of these three at their absolute cutest. | 这三个小家伙最可爱的样子 |
[01:33] | Present moment excluded. | 除了现在这时候 |
[01:36] | – Should we… swap them? – Yeah. | -要不给他们换个位置 -好 |
[01:37] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[01:41] | Come on, come on, come on. | 好啦 不哭了 乖 |
[01:43] | There you go, there you go. | 乖宝宝 不哭了 |
[01:46] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:49] | Here, sweetie, look. Here’s your sister. | 宝贝 你看 这是你妹妹 |
[01:52] | Kate’s right here. | 凯特在这儿呢 |
[01:55] | Hmm. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:57] | – It’s crazy how they soothe each other. – Yeah. | -他们互相安慰的样子太神奇了 -是啊 |
[02:00] | Oh, I should’ve gotten that on tape. | 我真应该拿摄像机录下来 |
[02:05] | Customer needs assistance in aisle four. | 四号通道有顾客需要帮助 |
[02:08] | Customer needs assistance in aisle four. | 四号通道有顾客需要帮助 |
[02:19] | Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[02:21] | Hey, I thought that was you. | 我就觉着像你 |
[02:22] | Uh, Matt. Matt Dixon. | 我是马特 马特·迪克森 |
[02:24] | Our kids went to middle school together? | 我们的孩子是中学同学 |
[02:26] | Oh. Yeah, hi, Matt. | 是啊 马特你好 |
[02:29] | Hi. Yeah, you were the only, uh, guy in the PTA. | 我记得你是家长会里唯一的男性 |
[02:32] | Yep. Yep. | 没错 |
[02:33] | Comes with the single-dad territory. | 单亲爸爸就这么个福利 |
[02:40] | You need some help? | 你需要帮助吗 |
[02:41] | Actually, yes. Please, I… | 其实还真需要 谢谢你 |
[02:44] | I-I need a new camera for graduation tomorrow. | 明天有毕业典礼 我想买个新相机 |
[02:47] | Actually… I have two graduations tomorrow. | 其实 明天有两场毕业典礼 |
[02:50] | ‘Cause my other son Randall’s at a different school, | 因为我一个儿子在另一所学校上学 |
[02:53] | and… he’s valedictorian. | 而且他还是毕业生代表 |
[02:56] | – Wow. Congratulations. – Thank you. | -这么厉害 恭喜 -谢谢 |
[03:00] | Let’s see. Well, um… | 我看看 |
[03:03] | I mean, I have this one right here, and I love it. | 我家用的是这台 我特别喜欢 |
[03:06] | Yeah, it has a-a flip-out monitor there | 配有弹出式屏幕 |
[03:08] | and a really good digital zoom. | 而且数码对焦的效果很好 |
[03:10] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[03:13] | Sorry, my husband, he used to… handle all this stuff. | 抱歉 以前都是我丈夫负责这些的 |
[03:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:20] | You know, I-I’ve been meaning to reach out to you ever since he… | 其实出事之后 我一直想找机会联系一下你 |
[03:23] | That’s all right. Thanks. | 没关系 谢谢你 |
[03:25] | Uh… Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:28] | – Yeah, that looks good. – All right. | -这个看起来确实不错 -好 |
[03:32] | Um… well, it was very nice to see you. | 见到你我很开心 |
[03:33] | And I appreciate this recommendation. | 非常感谢你的推荐 |
[03:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[03:39] | Hey. Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[03:42] | Would you like to– I don’t know– | 你有空的话 想不想 |
[03:44] | grab a cup of coffee or something sometime? | 一起喝杯咖啡什么的 |
[03:49] | Or… you know, I-I shouldn’t have… | 抱歉 我不该这样问的… |
[03:53] | Uh, I-I’m… I’m gonna go pay. | 我 我先去付钱了 |
[03:56] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[04:18] | So, Tess’s stuff is in turquoise marker, | 苔丝的安排用蓝绿色马克笔 |
[04:21] | Deja’s is in dark purple marker, Annie’s is in light purple… | 黛佳用深紫色马克笔 而安妮是浅紫色 |
[04:25] | which, now that I look at it, looks a whole hell of a lot | 我现在看过去发现 浅紫跟深紫 |
[04:27] | like that dark purple. Dadgum it. | 根本分不出来 真是的 |
[04:30] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[04:33] | Damn, woman. How am I supposed to keep my head on straight | 你这女人 在厨房里搔首弄姿 |
[04:35] | with you all up on this kitchen island like that? | 让我怎么保持头脑清醒 |
[04:42] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[04:45] | Oh, goodness. | 我的天 |
[04:50] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[04:53] | You messing with my schedule? | 你在乱画我的日程表吗 |
[04:56] | I’m adding my dance classes | 我在把舞蹈课加入日程 |
[04:57] | because I am now a dance teacher. | 因为我现在是一名舞蹈老师 |
[05:01] | Happy first day, baby. | 第一天教学快乐 宝贝 |
[05:02] | I have beginner’s ballet | 我每周一和周三上午 |
[05:04] | every Monday and Wednesday morning, and then… | 教初级芭蕾舞 然后… |
[05:07] | modern three evenings a week. | 每周三个晚上教现代舞 |
[05:09] | – Want to use the red marker? – And… | -你要用红色马克笔吗 -还有… |
[05:13] | How are we gonna do this, Randall? | 我们要怎么办 兰德尔 |
[05:15] | Our schedule is already crazy. | 我们的计划表已经很疯狂了 |
[05:17] | What happens when you get sworn in next month? | 你下个月宣誓就职后会怎样呢 |
[05:20] | You’ll be in a car three hours a day, | 你每天得在车里待三个小时 |
[05:22] | and I’m teaching all these nights. | 而我晚上又得教课 |
[05:24] | I won’t be home until 9:00. | 九点才能到家 |
[05:26] | Look, we will hire someone to help out | 我们每周有几天 |
[05:28] | with the girls a few days a week, pick ’em up from school. | 可以雇人照顾孩子们 接她们放学 |
[05:31] | I know you were expecting me to get a higher-paying job. | 我知道你希望我找个收入更高的工作 |
[05:33] | No, uh, hey. | 没有 |
[05:35] | Forget about that. | 没这回事 |
[05:36] | We will figure out a way to make this work. We’re us. | 我们总会找到办法的 只要齐心协力 |
[05:39] | Beth. | 贝丝 |
[05:41] | I need you to do me a favor. | 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[05:42] | – What? – Will you knock ’em dead? | -什么 -让他们见识你的厉害 |
[05:45] | – Thanks, boo. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[05:47] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[05:54] | Hey, Deja. | 黛佳 |
[05:57] | Hey… Deja, you all right? | 黛佳 你还好吗 |
[06:00] | What? | 什么 |
[06:13] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[06:16] | It’s graduation day. | 今天是毕业日 |
[06:17] | I’m the master of ceremonies, Emcee Cum Laude. | 我是典礼主持人 优秀主持人 |
[06:20] | You are loud-ay. | 吵死了 |
[06:21] | Come on, kid. Get out of bed. | 好了孩子 起床吧 |
[06:23] | You waited 16 years to graduate college. | 你等了十六年才能大学毕业 |
[06:25] | It’s time to celebrate. | 是时候庆祝一番了 |
[06:26] | I completed eight credits at a community college. | 我只是在一所社区大学修得了八学分 |
[06:28] | It’s really no big whoop. | 真没什么可欢呼的 |
[06:29] | Uh, it’s a big whoop. | 当然值得欢呼 |
[06:31] | It’s a huge whoop. Enormous. | 而且我要超大声欢呼 |
[06:33] | Something we should celebrate by eating whoopie pies | 这是件事值得我们吃无比派纪念 |
[06:35] | or having a Whoopi Goldberg marathon or… | 或者参加一场乌比·戈德堡马拉松… |
[06:38] | – Okay. It’s just… it’s… – Okay. | -好吧 只是… -好的 |
[06:39] | We don’t need to do this whole thing. | 我们没必要进行全套仪式 |
[06:41] | – I want to do a whole thing. – No. | -我想来全套 -不要 |
[06:43] | It’s me. It’s gonna be a whole thing. | 是我的主意 进行全套仪式 |
[06:45] | Babe… come on, let me celebrate you. | 宝贝 拜托让我为你庆祝吧 |
[06:47] | – No. – Please, let me celebrate you. | -不 -求你了 让我为你庆祝吧 |
[06:48] | – Thank you, thank you. – Oh, please, oh, please. | -谢谢 谢谢 -求求你了 |
[06:50] | – No. – No, but if you’re gonna go out there, | -不行 -好吧 但你要出去的话 |
[06:51] | you should probably put a robe on. | 至少披上件衣服 |
[06:53] | – Why? – Well… | -为什么 -因为… |
[06:59] | Mom? | 妈 |
[07:00] | Hi, bug. | 宝贝 |
[07:02] | Aw, congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[07:05] | We are throwing you a graduation ceremony | 我们要为你在校园办一场 |
[07:08] | over on campus. So… whoop. | 毕业典礼 所以…欢呼吧 |
[07:11] | Wait. You flew across the country for this? | 等等 你就为这事特意飞过来吗 |
[07:15] | It’s very sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[07:15] | It’s wildly over the top but… so sweet. | 确实超级夸张 但也…很贴心 |
[07:18] | I’m just sorry that Miguel couldn’t make it. | 很遗憾米格尔没能过来 |
[07:21] | But you know who is coming? | 但你知道谁要来吗 |
[07:22] | he looks like Chris Hemsworth had a baby | 他长得像克里斯·海姆斯沃斯 |
[07:24] | with the other Hemsworth. | 与另一个海姆斯沃斯生的孩子 |
[07:52] | Guess where I am. | 你猜我在哪 |
[07:53] | Uh, you are in New York at HBO, | 你在纽约HBO |
[07:57] | talking to them about your documentary. | 和他们讨论你的纪录片 |
[07:58] | No. They rescheduled, | 不 他们改期了 |
[08:00] | so I came to L.A. For Kate’s thing. | 所以我来到洛杉矶参加凯特的典礼 |
[08:03] | I am on my way to your hotel. | 我在去你的酒店的路上 |
[08:05] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[08:06] | So, how have all your meetings been going? | 你的会议进行得如何 |
[08:08] | Steven Soderbergh was this morning, right? | 史蒂文·索德伯格今早去了对吗 |
[08:10] | Yeah. No, he’s-he’s ni… he’s great. | 是啊 不 他…他挺棒的 |
[08:13] | He’s a nice guy. You know, he’s awfully chatty, though. | 他人很好 就是特别啰嗦 |
[08:15] | You know, he… I literally just got back not… | 他…我真的刚刚… |
[08:17] | not too long ago. How close are you? | 才回来 你到哪了 |
[08:20] | Close. Like ten or 15? | 快了 10到15分钟后到 |
[08:22] | – What room are you? – Uh, you know, here’s the thing. | -你在哪个房间 -是这样 |
[08:24] | I was actually just on my way out the door, | 我正准备出门 |
[08:26] | to be honest with you. I’m supposed to go meet | 不瞒你说 我应该去 |
[08:27] | Toby and Kate to help them, uh… | 托比和凯特那里帮忙… |
[08:29] | set up for their party. I’m running late, so | 布置派对现场 我要迟到了 所以 |
[08:31] | – maybe you should just meet me at the party. – Are you sure? | -或许我们该在派对上碰面 -你确定吗 |
[08:34] | Yeah, just-just meet me there. I’ll text you the address | 对 我们过去碰面 我在路上 |
[08:36] | on my way over there, and, um… | 给你发那里的地址 |
[08:38] | and I can’t wait to see you. I’m looking forward to it. | 等不及要见到了你 非常期待 |
[08:40] | – I miss you. Love you. – Kevin, I love you. | -我想你 爱你 -凯文 我爱你 |
[08:53] | How does this thing even go? | 这东西到底要怎么弄 |
[09:00] | Randall, isn’t your graduation tomorrow? | 兰德尔 毕业典礼不是明天吗 |
[09:03] | – Gonna sleep in that thing? – Lay off him. | -你今晚要穿着睡觉吗 -别烦他 |
[09:05] | Wow. That’s, um… that’s three whole words, Kate. | 这… 整整三个大字 凯特 |
[09:10] | More than you’ve said to me in weeks. | 比你这几周和我说的话都要多 |
[09:12] | Got you your cap and gown. | 这是你的帽子和长袍 |
[09:19] | Kate, this is stupid. | 凯特 这太傻了 |
[09:23] | I get that you’re pissed at me, but, like, | 我知道你生我的气 但是 |
[09:24] | you’re gonna have to talk to me eventually. | 你终究还是要跟我说话的啊 |
[09:26] | Fine. You want to talk about it? | 好吧 你想谈谈吗 |
[09:31] | Dad died four months ago. | 爸爸去世才四个月 |
[09:33] | And now you’re going to abandon us to follow Sophie | 现在你就要抛弃我们跟着索菲 |
[09:36] | to New York to become an actor? | 去纽约当一名演员 |
[09:39] | What do you have against actors? | 你对演员有什么意见 |
[09:41] | I don’t need this. | 我不需要这个 |
[09:42] | I’m not going to graduation. | 我不去参加毕业典礼 |
[09:44] | Hello! | 孩子们 |
[09:46] | Bought a video camera. | 我买了录影机 |
[09:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[09:51] | Kate says she’s not going to our graduation. | 凯特说她不参加我们的毕业典礼了 |
[09:53] | What? Kate, sweetheart, come on. | 什么 凯特 宝贝儿 别这样 |
[09:57] | That’s crazy. You’ve worked so hard to get here. | 说什么傻话 你那么努力才有今天 |
[09:59] | And I don’t want you to regret not going… | 我不想你缺席毕业典礼而抱憾终身… |
[10:01] | I’m not gonna walk across some stage for… | 我才不要穿过某个舞台… |
[10:04] | for a thousand people to look at me, like, | 让上千人看着我 好像说 |
[10:06] | “Oh, there’s that poor girl whose dad died.” | “她就是那个失去父亲的可怜女孩” |
[10:09] | And, “Oh, did you hear that she has no plan whatsoever | 还有”你听说了吗 她都没什么打算 |
[10:13] | While everyone else is going off to college | 而其他人都准备去上大学 |
[10:16] | and starting their lives?” | 开始他们新的生活” |
[10:30] | 要么去做 要么放手 没有尝试一说 -尤达大师 | |
[10:35] | I invented a drink. It’s called the… | 我自创了一种酒 名字叫做… |
[10:38] | Commence-Mint Cocktail. | “毕业典礼”鸡尾酒 |
[10:41] | Soda water, agave, rum, | 苏打水 龙舌兰 朗姆酒 |
[10:43] | lime and fresh mint. | 青柠以及新鲜薄荷 |
[10:46] | So, a mojito? | 莫吉托呗 |
[10:48] | Just make it. | 别说话 |
[10:49] | Hey, babe, who are these chairs for? | 亲爱的 这些椅子是给谁坐的 |
[10:52] | Uh, your family, your friends | 你的家人 你的朋友 |
[10:54] | and the other graduating students of the winter term. | 以及冬季课程的其他毕业生 |
[10:57] | What other students? | 什么其他毕业生 |
[10:58] | I invited the other three students | 我邀请了其他三位 |
[10:59] | who are graduating this semester. | 这个学期要毕业的学生 |
[11:01] | There’s Peter, who’s a chem major. | 有个叫彼得的 学化学的 |
[11:02] | Claudia’s pre-premed. | 预医学预科的克劳迪娅 |
[11:04] | And Eduardo moved here in 1952 | 还有1952年为逃避经济迫害 |
[11:06] | to escape economic persecution. | 来到这的爱德华多 |
[11:08] | But now that his kids are grown, | 但如今他的孩子都长大了 |
[11:09] | he has decided to reclaim the education | 他决定回炉接受 |
[11:12] | that was ripped from him in his youth. | 他年轻时被剥夺的教育机会 |
[11:14] | Wait, how old is he? | 等等 他多大了 |
[11:15] | Extremely. Extremely old. | 非常 非常大 |
[11:19] | How’s my beautiful graduate? | 我的最美毕业生感觉如何 |
[11:21] | Mom, come on. | 妈 别这么说 |
[11:23] | I don’t know. This is very thoughtful. | 我说不清 这么做真的太贴心了 |
[11:25] | It really is. And I’m so glad that you’re here. | 真的 我很高兴你能来到这里 |
[11:27] | But I shouldn’t be celebrating graduating college | 但我没必要庆祝晚了整整16年的 |
[11:29] | – 16 years late. – Heyo! | -大学毕业典礼 -大家好 |
[11:31] | There she is. | 在这呢 |
[11:33] | My God, you actually look smarter. | 天 你看着确实聪明多了 |
[11:34] | I’m glad you showed up. | 很高兴你能过来 |
[11:36] | But I do want to know why I haven’t seen you all week. | 但我很想知道你这几周去哪儿了 |
[11:37] | – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – Are you? | -我很抱歉 对不起 -你真心的吗 |
[11:39] | Sorry. Yeah, I’m sorry. I had, um… | 对不起 对不起 我… |
[11:40] | I’ve had all these meetings, you know? | 我要参加好多的见面会 |
[11:42] | I just kept running back and forth. | 就是不停的来回跑 |
[11:43] | I-I… I’m here now, right? | 我这不是来了 对吧 |
[11:45] | – You are. – I’m here now. Yeah. | -那倒是 -我来了 没错 |
[11:47] | I’m gonna go say hi to Toby. | 我去和托比打个招呼 |
[11:48] | You look great. Toby. | 你看起来很棒 托比 |
[12:06] | Deja. | 黛佳 |
[12:07] | Deja, what are you doing? | 黛佳 你在干什么 |
[12:11] | Hey. Stop. | 站住 |
[12:14] | I was on my way to get you. What are you doing? | 我正准备去接你 你这是干什么 |
[12:16] | If I didn’t get out of that school, | 如果我再不离开那学校 |
[12:18] | I was gonna punch a hole through a wall. | 我都要在墙上锤出一个洞来了 |
[12:20] | So I decided to take a walk. | 所以我决定出来走走 |
[12:21] | All right. I appreciate your restraint. | 好吧 我很欣赏你的自我克制 |
[12:24] | Now, will you tell me what’s going on? | 现在你能告诉我到底怎么回事吗 |
[12:28] | So, in English class last week, | 在上周英语课上 |
[12:30] | we had to write these personal essays. | 我们要写一篇个人的作文 |
[12:32] | “Personal” as in “Private.” | “个人的”意味着”隐私的” |
[12:34] | Okay, did you get a bad grade or something? | 好的 你分数很差还是怎么回事 |
[12:36] | No, no, I got a “A,” But… | 不 不是的 我得了A 但是 |
[12:39] | today, I get to school, | 今天我到了学校 |
[12:41] | and everyone’s looking at me. | 每个人都盯着我看 |
[12:44] | And all weird, like-like… | 而且眼神很诡异 就像 |
[12:46] | like they know something about me. | 就像他们知道我的事情一样 |
[12:48] | And it turns out they do. | 结果他们真的知道我的事情 |
[12:49] | ‘Cause Ms. Cunningham published my essay | 因为坎宁安老师把我的作文 |
[12:53] | in the school’s online paper. | 发表在了学校的在线报纸上 |
[12:56] | And now all the kids are calling me Pontiac. | 现在同学们都叫我庞蒂克[汽车品牌] |
[12:58] | Pontiac? | 庞蒂克 |
[13:04] | The essay was about the time | 那篇作文写的是 |
[13:08] | we lived in my mom’s car. | 当初住在我妈车里的日子 |
[13:13] | And your teacher, she didn’t ask you first? | 而你的老师 她事先没征求你的意见 |
[13:18] | No. | 没有 |
[13:20] | No, she just went and did it behind my back. | 没 她就直接背着我发表了那篇作文 |
[13:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:28] | Okay… | 好的 |
[13:31] | Nope. | 不行 |
[13:33] | No. Because… | 不行 因为… |
[13:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:37] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[13:38] | Will you go get in the car, please? | 你能先上车吗 |
[13:40] | We’ll go straighten this out. | 我们要把这件事捋清楚 |
[14:03] | Hey. Ready for the graduation double feature? | 准备好了毕业双重奏吗 |
[14:06] | First stop, Hanes Academy. | 第一站 海恩斯学院 |
[14:08] | – Then on to McKinley High. – One would think | -然后去麦金利高中 -没人会料到 |
[14:10] | they would have these things on separate days. | 这些事都在同一天 |
[14:12] | Well, most families have kids that go to the same school, Mom. | 大多数家庭的孩子都是上同一所学校 妈妈 |
[14:15] | Well, most families don’t have a kid | 大多数的家庭里也没有 |
[14:17] | who’s an absolute genius. | 这么聪明的孩子 |
[14:28] | I’m looking for Ms. Cunningham. | 请问谁是坎宁安老师 |
[14:29] | Oh, well, you found her. I’m her. That’s, uh… | 那你找到了 我就是 那个… |
[14:32] | I’m Ms. Cunningham. It’s me. | 我是坎宁安老师 是我 |
[14:34] | Right. Uh, I’m Randall Pearson. | 好的 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[14:36] | I’m Deja’s dad. | 是黛佳的爸爸 |
[14:39] | Oh. Yes, wow. Deja is just… | 对 黛佳她 |
[14:42] | Mortified. | 受到了侮辱 |
[14:43] | She’s mortified, Ms. Cunningham. | 她感觉受到了侮辱 坎宁安老师 |
[14:45] | You posted her personal essay on the Internet. | 你把她个人的作文放在了网上 |
[14:49] | Her very sensitive, | 她非常敏感 |
[14:50] | very exposing, very private personal essay | 非常流露感情 非常隐私的个人作文 |
[14:53] | that you made very public without her consent. | 在没经过她同意的情况下你就公开发表了 |
[14:56] | She trusted you. She trusted you, | 她是信任你的 她信任你 |
[14:59] | and you completely violated that trust. | 而你完全辜负了她的信任 |
[15:01] | – I… – No, I’m not done yet. | -我… -不 我还没说完 |
[15:05] | Do you know my daughter just ran away from school | 你知道我女儿因为大家都叫她庞蒂克 |
[15:07] | because kids were calling her Pontiac? | 都逃学了吗 |
[15:10] | I… | 我 |
[15:11] | I am so sorry. I just, um… | 我真的很抱歉 我就是… |
[15:14] | I thought… I mean, I wasn’t… | 我以为 我的意思是 我并不是… |
[15:16] | I didn’t think. I wasn’t thinking, | 我没想过 我当时根本没想 |
[15:18] | and, um… I will take the post down right now. | 而且我会立刻把文章撤掉 |
[15:33] | the post is down. | 已经撤掉了 |
[15:36] | Sorry if I made you cry. | 抱歉让你哭了 |
[15:37] | Oh. It’s okay. It’s, um… | 没事 只不过 |
[15:39] | It’s really not very hard. | 我很容易流眼泪 |
[15:41] | I was just, uh, | 我就是 |
[15:43] | really proud of her, you know? | 真的为她感到骄傲 |
[15:45] | Of how far she’s come. | 为她所取得的成绩 |
[15:48] | But I never should’ve published it. | 但我本不应该把作文放到网上去的 |
[15:49] | It was… stupid. | 这确实很愚蠢 |
[15:52] | Um, look, | 是这样的 |
[15:53] | I know this is probably not the best time to discuss this, | 我知道现在可能不是讨论这件事的最佳时机 |
[15:56] | but you chose to hold Deja back | 但你让黛佳留级 |
[15:58] | and have her repeat seventh grade again? | 再读一次七年级是吗 |
[16:00] | Per her caseworker’s recommendations. | 这是负责她的福利工作者的建议 |
[16:02] | ‘Cause of all the moving around she’s done. | 因为她经常搬来搬去 |
[16:04] | Well, she’s caught up. | 她赶上进度了 |
[16:06] | Very quickly. | 非常快 |
[16:08] | Frankly, I think she’s ready to skip | 说实话 我觉得她都可以跳级 |
[16:10] | right into ninth grade next year. | 明年直接上九年级 |
[16:13] | So she’d just, what, skip the eighth grade? | 所以她可以 跳过八年级 |
[16:16] | And I’ve spoken to her other teachers, and they agree. | 我和她别的老师也聊过 他们都同意 |
[16:25] | All right, these are one size fits all. | 好了 这衣服是通码的 |
[16:28] | Here we go. There you are. | 都穿上吧 给你 |
[16:30] | – Tamaño único. Yeah, huh? – Oh, gracias. | -只有一个尺码 -谢谢 |
[16:33] | I didn’t know Toby was bilingual. | 我都不知道托比还会说两种语言 |
[16:35] | That’s sexy. | 好性感 |
[16:38] | Hey, Kev? Are you good? | 小凯 你还好吗 |
[16:42] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[16:44] | I mean, after everything with Nicky, we haven’t even | 经过尼奇的那些事 我们甚至都没机会 |
[16:46] | had a chance to talk about it. | 好好聊一聊这件事 |
[16:47] | Cocktails for everyone. | 为大家准备了鸡尾酒 |
[16:49] | – Oh, yes. – Mocktails for you two. | -好的 -你们俩是无酒精鸡尾酒 |
[16:51] | – Pregs, sobes. – Thank you. | -一个怀孕一个戒酒 -谢谢 |
[16:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:56] | You haven’t talked to him at all? | 你一直什么都没跟他聊过吗 |
[16:58] | I know the whole thing was hard for you. | 我知道这件事对你来说很难 |
[17:01] | – Kev… – Kate… | -小凯 -凯特… |
[17:02] | Hey! Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[17:04] | I think I put in your address in Santa Monica instead of L.A. | 我导航里把地址写到了圣莫尼卡而不是洛杉矶 |
[17:07] | Two-hour detour. I hate this city. | 绕了两个小时 我讨厌这个城市 |
[17:09] | There she is. | 你终于来了 |
[17:13] | So how has your week been together? | 你们俩这周过得怎么样 |
[17:14] | I heard you had a spa day. | 我听说你们去做水疗了 |
[17:17] | – Uh, we were going to… – Uh, we didn’t. | -我们本来要去… -我们没有 |
[17:18] | I was gonna, um… I scheduled some facials, and we were gonna | 我定了一些面部保养 本来打算叫上她 |
[17:21] | do a whole thing, and then the meetings happened and kind of | 一起去做 结果临时加了好多会 |
[17:23] | messed with everything, and I’ve been running her out. | 还有一大堆杂事 我就爽约了 |
[17:25] | Let me ask you a question. Is it too early to do a toast? | 我想问个问题 现在说祝酒词是不是太早了 |
[17:28] | – Please don’t. – You know what? Screw it. | -拜托不要 -算了 管他呢 |
[17:29] | I invented the early toast. We’re doing a toast. | 提前说祝酒词是我的强项 我们现在就做 |
[17:30] | Excuse me, everyone. Early toast, everybody. | 打扰一下各位 我要提前说祝酒词 |
[17:33] | Clink, clink, clink. Can I have your attention, please? | 叮叮叮 大家看过来 |
[17:36] | I want to make a toast to my sister Kate. | 我想为我的妹妹凯特致辞 |
[17:39] | Kate is 28 weeks pregnant, and she wanted to graduate | 凯特已经怀孕28周了 她想在 |
[17:41] | before she gave birth to her son. | 她儿子出生之前毕业 |
[17:43] | So, for the past few months, she’s been working really hard. | 所以在过去的几个月里 她一直在努力学习 |
[17:46] | All while creating life inside her body, | 同时还在孕育肚子里的小生命 |
[17:49] | which, if you ask me, that is some ultimate multitasking. | 要我说 这招一心二用玩得太厉害了 |
[17:52] | Right? | 对吧 |
[17:53] | My sister is smart, she’s determined… | 我妹妹很聪明 也很有毅力… |
[18:06] | And, um… | 而且… |
[18:08] | anyway, listen, anyway, I love you. | 不管怎样 我爱你 |
[18:13] | I’m proud of you. Congratulation… | 我以你为荣 祝贺你… |
[18:14] | To Kate, everybody. | 我们敬凯特 |
[18:28] | – Don’t kill me. – What? | -别杀了我 -怎么了 |
[18:29] | It’s just, my, um… | 是这样… |
[18:30] | my agent texted me, and he said | 我的经纪人发短信给我 他说 |
[18:33] | that Soderbergh’s producers want to meet with me, | 索德伯格导演的制作团队想见我 |
[18:35] | – like, right now. So, I-I got to… – Oh, my God. Yeah. | -现在就见 所以我得… -我的天 |
[18:37] | – It’s amazing. – It could be, right? | -太好了 -可能有戏 |
[18:39] | So, I got to take that. | 所以 我得走了 |
[18:40] | Yeah. I know, I… You should go. | 是的 我知道 你应该去 |
[18:42] | – But-but congratulations. – Thank you. | -不过还是祝贺你 -谢谢 |
[18:43] | And, by the way, I’m gonna come right back | 等这件事情一结束 |
[18:44] | after this is done. | 我马上就回来 |
[18:47] | I will see you in a bit. Okay? Promise. | 我们待会见 好吗 我保证 |
[18:49] | Break a leg. | 加油 |
[18:51] | – I’m gonna get a drink. – Okay. | -我要去拿杯酒 -好的 |
[18:58] | I still can’t believe you made Ms. Cunningham cry. | 我还是无法相信你居然把坎宁安老师弄哭了 |
[19:01] | I didn’t mean to. Or maybe I did. | 我不是故意的 也许是故意的吧 |
[19:04] | Hey, no one messes with my girl, right? | 谁都不能欺负我女儿 |
[19:13] | Ms. Cunningham says that you’re… | 坎宁安老师说你… |
[19:15] | you’re doing better than every other student in your class. | 你的表现比班级里的其他学生都好 |
[19:19] | Deja… she posted your essay | 黛佳… 她把你的作文放到网上 |
[19:21] | because she was impressed, because your work is advanced. | 是因为她很受感动 因为你写得非常好 |
[19:26] | So advanced that she thinks | 好到她认为 |
[19:29] | that you should skip right to high school next year. | 你明年应该直接跳级去读高中 |
[19:31] | – Wh-What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[19:34] | No. No, no, no, no, no. I’m not doing that. | 不不不 我不要 |
[19:36] | Look, I know it’s a lot, | 听我说 我知道这很突然 |
[19:38] | but the fact that you’ve caught up to everybody already, | 但你现在已经完全赶上了其他同学 |
[19:41] | Deja, that’s a really big deal. | 黛佳 这一点很了不起 |
[19:43] | You know what’s a big deal? Bumping up a black girl | 你知道什么叫了不起吗 突然提拔一个 |
[19:45] | who used to be homeless. | 曾经无家可归的黑人女孩 |
[19:46] | That’s not what she’s doing. | 她不是这个意思 |
[19:48] | She said that she talked to all of your other teachers… | 她说她找了你所有老师聊过… |
[19:50] | All the other white teachers? | 所有的白人老师吗 |
[20:00] | Deja, I read your essay. | 黛佳 我读了你的作文 |
[20:03] | It’s spectacular. | 写得非常棒 |
[20:05] | Look, a lot of kids have good essays. | 很多同学的作文都写得很好 |
[20:07] | I’m only getting special treatment | 我只是因为曾经住在车里 |
[20:09] | because I used to live in a car. | 所以才得到了特殊对待 |
[20:12] | And I don’t want it. | 而我不想要这种优待 |
[20:13] | I’m not like you. | 我并不像你一样 |
[20:15] | – What does that mean? – Nothing. | -这是什么意思 -没什么 |
[20:17] | No, no. No, no, no. | 不 别这样 |
[20:18] | Come on. You can say it. | 说吧 你可以说出来 |
[20:23] | You know, it’s just… | 只是… |
[20:25] | every article that’s come out about you… | 每篇跟你有关的报道… |
[20:30] | talks about how you were dropped off at a fire station. | 都提到你小时候被遗弃在消防局门口 |
[20:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:36] | And then it goes on to say how I beat the odds and won | 然后就讲述我如何克服重重困难 |
[20:38] | a very important election. | 赢得一场重要的选举 |
[20:40] | They’re writing about my journey. | 他们在写我一路走来的经历 |
[20:41] | – You know, I’m a councilman. – You’re a story. | -你知道 我是议员 -你是个传奇故事 |
[20:46] | And no offense, Randall, but I don’t want to do it that way. | 无意冒犯 兰德尔 但我不想走这样的路 |
[20:55] | Welcome, friends, family. | 欢迎各位亲友的到来 |
[21:00] | On behalf of the fine students at Encino Community College, | 我代表恩西诺社区学院的优秀学生 |
[21:04] | I present to you… | 向大家介绍 |
[21:06] | the graduating class of 2019. | 2019年的毕业班学生 |
[21:16] | Kate Emily Pearson. | 凯特·艾米丽·皮尔森 |
[21:22] | Congratulation! | 恭喜 |
[21:40] | Hey, Bug. | 宝贝 |
[21:41] | – Hey. – Could we, um… | -妈 -我们… |
[21:43] | Could we get a selfie? | 我们能来一张自拍吗 |
[21:45] | – Yes, we can get a selfie. – Yeah? Okay. | -当然可以 来拍吧 -好 |
[21:47] | Can you take it? ‘Cause I always mess it up. | 你拍可以吗 我总是弄不好 |
[21:50] | Hopefully, I won’t. Here we go. | 但愿我不会 开始吧 |
[21:51] | – You got it. – All right. | -不会的 -好 |
[21:53] | Cheese. | “茄子” |
[21:56] | – I love it. Let me see. – Okay. | -我喜欢 让我看看 -好的 |
[22:02] | – Oh, God. Mom, are you crying? – No, I’m not. | -天啊 妈 你哭了吗 -我没有 |
[22:05] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[22:07] | I always wanted a picture of you in your cap and gown. | 我一直想要一张你戴方帽穿长袍的照片 |
[22:10] | Okay. Well, I will text it to you. | 好吧 我会发给你的 |
[22:11] | Kate, I am your mom. Let me have a moment, okay? | 凯特 我是你妈妈 让我多看一会吧 |
[22:20] | You know, after your father died, | 你知道你父亲去世后 |
[22:22] | what I hated the most? | 我最讨厌什么吗 |
[22:25] | Time. | 时间 |
[22:37] | I was so angry at it. | 时间让我很生气 |
[22:41] | I just… | 当时我… |
[22:42] | despised clocks and calendars. | 憎恶时钟和日历 |
[22:46] | And anything that was telling me that life was moving on | 以及一切告诉我生活在继续 |
[22:48] | and I needed to move along with it. | 而我需要和它一起前进的事物 |
[22:53] | Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[22:55] | Rebecca, hey, where are you going? | 丽贝卡 你要去哪儿 |
[22:58] | And I think you and I are really alike in that way, you know? | 我觉得你和我在这方面很像 |
[23:01] | We really didn’t want | 我们真的不希望 |
[23:03] | the next big moments of our life to come. | 生命中的下一个重要时刻到来 |
[23:08] | I can’t go in there. I can’t be in there right now. | 我不能进去 我现在不能过去 |
[23:10] | – I can’t. Just… – What’s going on? | -我做不到 我… -怎么了 |
[23:11] | This is all wrong. | 这样不对 |
[23:12] | He was supposed to be here. | 他应该在这里的 |
[23:14] | I can’t breathe. | 我喘不上气了 |
[23:16] | Not without him. | 不能没有他 |
[23:19] | Not for a very long time. | 至少要很长时间才能适应 |
[23:21] | Just try to breathe. | 试着去呼吸 |
[23:32] | Rebecca, um… | 丽贝卡 |
[23:36] | maybe it’s… | 也许… |
[23:37] | maybe it’s, uh… | 听我说… |
[23:40] | I-I think it might be good for you | 我认为你找人聊一聊 |
[23:42] | to-to talk to someone about this. | 也许会好一点 |
[23:46] | They have groups for this kind of thing. | 他们有这种互助小组 |
[23:50] | Gr-Grief counseling. | 悲伤咨询 |
[23:51] | I don’t want… | 我不想 |
[23:52] | I don’t want grief counseling, Miguel. | 我不想要悲伤咨询 米格尔 |
[23:54] | I want to rewind the clock. | 我想要时钟倒转 |
[23:57] | I just want to rewind the clock. | 我想要回到过去 |
[23:59] | – Rebecca. – I… | -丽贝卡 -我… |
[24:00] | Listen to me, Rebecca. | 听我说 丽贝卡 |
[24:02] | Randall is about to graduate. | 兰德尔就要毕业了 |
[24:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:09] | Here. | 这样 |
[24:10] | I’ll… | 我… |
[24:13] | I’ll hold the camera, okay? | 我来拿摄像机 好吗 |
[24:15] | And all you have to do | 你需要做的只是 |
[24:17] | is just be there for your son. | 到里面陪着你儿子 |
[24:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:25] | You and me, | 你和我 |
[24:26] | we needed to go at our own pace. | 我们需要按自己的步调前进 |
[24:30] | But these past few years, | 但过去的这几年 |
[24:33] | you have absolutely blown me away, Kate. | 你真是让我刮目相看 凯特 |
[24:36] | You’ve just… you’ve-you’ve seized | 你抓住了 |
[24:38] | the big moments of your life, | 你生命中的重要时刻 |
[24:42] | and now you’re having a baby. | 现在还怀了宝宝 |
[24:44] | I’m having a baby. | 我怀宝宝了 |
[24:46] | And not because time told you to, | 不是因为时间让你这么做 |
[24:49] | but because you were really ready for it. | 而是因为你自己已经准备就绪 |
[24:51] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[24:53] | And I-I know you think this whole graduation party’s really silly | 我知道你觉得这个毕业派对很傻 |
[24:56] | ’cause it’s 16 years too late, | 因为它迟到了16年 |
[24:58] | but I got to tell you, I think it’s right on friggin’ time. | 但我要告诉你 现在就他妈是最好的时候 |
[25:01] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[25:06] | Wait, did Rebecca Pearson just drop the “F” Bomb? | 等等 丽贝卡·皮尔森女士刚是说脏话了吗 |
[25:08] | I did. | 是的 |
[25:11] | It was called for. | 感情需要 |
[25:13] | 你还回得来吗 你在哪 要跟你谈谈 还在等吗 你还回来吗 | |
[25:15] | Is everything okay, bug? | 有什么事吗 宝贝 |
[25:18] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:23] | That really was a great speech, Randall. | 你的发言很精彩 兰德尔 |
[25:26] | Thanks for dropping me off, Mom. | 谢谢你送我 妈妈 |
[25:31] | Kate, are you sure about this? | 凯特 你确定要这样做吗 |
[25:33] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:36] | Just-just come to our graduation. | 一起参加毕业典礼吧 |
[25:38] | You’re gonna have to get your diploma. | 你总得去拿你的毕业证书 |
[25:41] | They can mail it. | 他们可以邮寄给我 |
[25:43] | Uh, the-the Kornhabers are having a party after, Kate. | 典礼之后科恩哈珀家里要开派对 凯特 |
[25:46] | Good. You can tell them all about your big move to New York. | 真好 你可以分享一下你要去纽约的创举 |
[26:35] | Oh, Kev, that’s so sweet, | 小凯 你真贴心 |
[26:37] | but she has her own food. | 但她自己有吃的 |
[26:39] | You don’t have to share yours. | 你不用拿你的喂她了 |
[26:52] | Kevin? | 凯文 |
[26:53] | Come on, it’s me. Open up. | 是我 开门 |
[26:56] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[26:59] | Kevin, I know that you’re in there. | 凯文 我知道你在里面 |
[27:00] | Will you open the door? | 你可以把门打开吗 |
[27:04] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[27:05] | I was just gonna come back to your party. | 我正打算回去参加你的派对呢 |
[27:07] | Kate. Kate. | 凯特 凯特 |
[27:26] | Look, I’m not gonna sit here and lie to you. | 我不想坐在这里骗你 |
[27:30] | All right? I wouldn’t do that. | 好吗 我不想撒谎 |
[27:31] | The Nicky thing, it messed me up a little bit. | 尼奇的事让我有点心烦 |
[27:34] | Okay, and it triggered my… whatever. | 而且刺激了我的… 不知道什么 |
[27:38] | And I had a drink. | 然后我喝了一杯 |
[27:41] | Maybe… | 可能… |
[27:44] | maybe that got out of hand. | 可能就收不住了 |
[27:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:49] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 这样吧 |
[27:50] | You, first, have to tell Zoe. | 首先 你得告诉佐伊 |
[27:53] | – No. No, no, no, no, no. – Yes. | -不不不 -一定要 |
[27:55] | Listen to me. You don’t understand. | 听我说 你不明白 |
[27:56] | I am begging you, okay? | 我求你了 好吗 |
[27:57] | I’m begging you, trust me, she’s got stuff, all right, | 我求你 相信我 她经历过一些事 |
[28:00] | and if she finds out I was lying to her, Kate… | 她要是知道我骗了她 凯特 |
[28:04] | if she finds out I was lying to her, she’s gonna leave. | 她要是知道我骗她 她会离开我的 |
[28:07] | – You don’t know that. – What do you want me to do? | -不一定的 -你想要我怎么做 |
[28:08] | What do you want me to do? What? I’m… | 你想要我怎么做 做什么 |
[28:10] | What, you want me to go to the meetings? | 你想要我去互助会吗 |
[28:11] | I’ll go to the meetings, all right? | 我去互助会 好吗 |
[28:12] | I’ll go to the meetings. Just give me a week. | 我马上去互助会 给我一个星期 |
[28:14] | Just-just let me get a week of meetings | 给我一个星期的时间参加互助会 |
[28:15] | under my belt before you say anything, please. | 在那之前你什么都别说 求你了 |
[28:17] | Then I’ll tell her, okay? | 我自己向她坦白 好吗 |
[28:20] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[28:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:24] | But, Kev, you have to get a sponsor this time. | 但是 小凯 你这次要找个监督人 |
[28:26] | – I’ll get a sponsor. – You didn’t get one before. | -我会找监督人 -你之前就没找 |
[28:28] | I’ll get a sponsor this time. I’ll do the whole thing right. | 我这次会找监督人 把这件事做好 |
[28:30] | Okay? I promise. Hey. | 好吗 我保证 |
[28:32] | And you know what? | 我决定了 |
[28:34] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[28:35] | I’m looking for a meeting. | 我查个互助会 |
[28:44] | Oh, look, there’s a 5:30 in Hollywood. | 看 五点半好莱坞有一个 |
[28:48] | Great. | 很好 |
[28:49] | Come on, I’ll take you. | 走吧 我载你去 |
[28:52] | Come on. | 走啊 |
[28:55] | – Kev. – Kate, I… | -小凯 -凯特 我… |
[28:58] | You can. You can. | 你可以的 你可以 |
[29:17] | Hey, little mamas, dinner in five. | 小姑娘们 五分钟后吃晚饭 |
[29:22] | Are you done already? | 你看完了吗 |
[29:24] | You just breezed through your geometry, like that? | 就这么轻轻松松把几何看完了吗 |
[29:26] | Oh, do I have to start pretending things | 难道我要假装一下吗 |
[29:28] | are harder for me now? ‘Cause I can reopen this book. | 假装这对我来说很难 我可以再把书翻开的 |
[29:31] | No, no, no, of course not. | 不不 当然不是 |
[29:37] | Hey, listen. | 听我说 |
[29:43] | What you said before, I get it. | 你刚刚说的话 我理解 |
[29:47] | I do. | 真的 |
[29:49] | There’s always gonna be people out there | 总有那么些人 |
[29:50] | who act like it’s extra special when you do something impressive | 会因为你的出身 对你每一次优异的表现 |
[29:53] | because of where you came from. | 而感到异常惊讶 |
[29:56] | You can’t control that. | 这个我们控制不了 |
[29:59] | All you can control is what you do. | 我们只能控制自己怎么做 |
[30:04] | Just think about it. | 你考虑一下吧 |
[30:15] | That’s not the only reason why I don’t want to skip a grade. | 我不想跳级还有其他原因 |
[30:22] | I’m finally getting used to things the way they are. | 我终于适应了现在的生活 |
[30:27] | And it’s not just at school; it’s… | 不仅仅是在学校 还有… |
[30:29] | it’s, like, the ride to school and… | 去学校的路上 |
[30:32] | all of us going at the same time. | 我们一起出门 |
[30:34] | You or Beth waiting out front | 你或者贝丝在校门口等着 |
[30:37] | at the end of the day to pick us up. | 接我们放学回家 |
[30:40] | Skipping to high school is going to change things. | 上高中会带来一些变化 |
[30:44] | And for the first time in my life, | 我生平第一次 |
[30:46] | I don’t want things to change. | 不想要生活有所改变 |
[30:52] | 你在哪 宝贝 你在什么地方 宝贝给我回电话 你还回来吗 在吗 你在哪 | |
[30:57] | Crap, I got to call Toby. | 该死 我得给托比打个电话 |
[31:00] | And I’ll-I’ll just tell him… | 我 我就告诉他 |
[31:02] | Well… | 我… |
[31:04] | what should I tell him? | 我该跟他说什么 |
[31:09] | You know, you could tell him you have a meeting with Soderbergh. | 你可以跟他说 你要和索德伯格开会 |
[31:12] | Kev. | 小凯 |
[31:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:24] | I don’t know. Uh… | 我不知道 |
[31:26] | Something’s wrong. Something is… | 有点不对劲 有点 |
[31:29] | What is it? | 什么不对劲 |
[31:32] | – I think my water just broke. – What? | -我觉得我羊水刚刚破了 -什么 |
[31:36] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[31:38] | Let-let… Uh, let’s-let’s-let’s pull over. | 这样 我们 我们先把车停下来 |
[31:40] | Pull-pull the car over, okay? | 把 把车先停好 好吗 |
[31:41] | – Okay. Okay. – Just pull the car over. | -好的 好的 -先把车停好 |
[31:52] | This can’t be happening. It’s too soon. It’s too soon. | 不能这样啊 太早了 太早了 |
[31:55] | I’m only… I’m only 28 weeks. It’s too soon. | 我才 我才怀了28周 现在太早了 |
[31:58] | We should go to the hospital. Will you call Toby? | 我们得去医院 你能打给托比吗 |
[32:02] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好的 没问题 |
[32:08] | Toby, it’s me. Listen, I’m in the car with Kate, | 托比 是我 我和凯特在车里 |
[32:10] | and, uh, her water just broke. | 她羊水刚刚破了 |
[32:12] | I really think we should call an ambulance. | 我觉得我们得叫辆救护车来 |
[32:16] | Because I can’t drive right now. | 因为我现在没办法开车 |
[32:21] | Because I’ve been drinking all day. | 因为我一整天都在喝酒 |
[32:23] | I’m sorry. I’m-I’m sorry, Toby. I… | 对不起 真的对不起 托比 我… |
[32:28] | I’m gonna call an ambulance, okay? | 我来叫救护车 好吗 |
[32:29] | You’re gonna be okay. You’re gonna be okay. | 你不会有事的 你不会有事的 |
[32:31] | Okay. | 没事的 |
[32:38] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[32:41] | Kate! | 凯特 |
[32:47] | That’s my wife. | 她是我妻子 |
[33:14] | Let me tell you, | 我要向你宣布 |
[33:16] | today was a day to end all first days. | 今天是有史以来最棒的工作第一天 |
[33:21] | That’s what’s up. | 这样就对了 |
[33:23] | What happened? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[33:29] | Deja wrote this essay, | 黛佳写了这篇作文 |
[33:31] | and her teacher shared it without asking. | 她的老师未经她同意就发在网上了 |
[33:42] | She thinks that Deja could skip right to high school next year. | 她觉得黛佳应该明年直接跳级去高中 |
[33:45] | That sounds like good news. | 听起来是好消息啊 |
[33:47] | Deja doesn’t want to skip a grade. | 可黛佳并不想跳级 |
[33:50] | Because she loves her routine. | 因为她喜欢现在的生活状态 |
[33:53] | For the first time in her life, she has stability. | 她人生中第一次拥有了安稳的生活 |
[33:57] | I, um… | 我 |
[34:00] | I started looking into hiring a sitter. | 我已经开始找保姆了 |
[34:02] | Not some college kid, but a… an experienced adult | 不要大学生 要一个 非常有经验的成人 |
[34:05] | to be here when we’re working. | 在我们上班时 来照顾家里 |
[34:07] | Someone who knows their way around adopted kids | 这个人要知道怎么照顾领养的孩子 |
[34:10] | and newly out daughters. | 和刚刚出柜的女孩 |
[34:13] | And it’s not cheap. | 所以价格不便宜 |
[34:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:19] | And money aside… | 先不管钱多少 |
[34:22] | do we really want some stranger picking up the slack? | 我们真的要找个陌生人来照顾家里吗 |
[34:25] | Is that what’s best for our girls? | 这对姑娘们来说是最好的选择吗 |
[34:29] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[34:37] | You sacrificed a lot when I was campaigning. | 我竞选的时候你牺牲了很多 |
[34:41] | You were here with the girls when I couldn’t be. | 我没法在家的时候 是你陪着女儿们 |
[34:44] | All while struggling to figure out | 与此同时你还要努力思考 |
[34:45] | what you wanted next for your life. | 你人生中下一步想要做什么 |
[34:48] | I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that. | 我没法告诉你我有多感激这一切 |
[34:51] | How much I appreciate you. | 我有多么感激你的付出 |
[34:55] | But your dance schedule, the nights and weekends, | 但是你的舞蹈课 都在晚上和周末 |
[35:00] | that’s when our girls are around. | 正好都是姑娘们在家的时候 |
[35:01] | That’s when they need us here the most. | 是她们最需要我们的时候 |
[35:06] | And I was just wondering if maybe we should… | 所以我在想 也许我们应该 |
[35:12] | …put a pin in your being a dance teacher. | 暂时搁置你要当舞蹈老师的计划 |
[35:16] | But not forever. | 但只是暂时 |
[35:19] | And we get a job with normal hours | 我们找一份朝九晚五的工作 |
[35:20] | so you can be here with the kids. | 这样你就可以在家里陪孩子了 |
[35:30] | So, you get to have your dream, and I’m just supposed to… | 你有权利实现你的梦想 而我的梦想 |
[35:33] | quit mine? | 就要放弃吗 |
[35:37] | I… | 我 |
[35:39] | Hold on a second. | 先等一下 |
[35:42] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:44] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[35:46] | Kate what? | 凯特怎么了 |
[35:49] | That’s too soon. | 太早了 |
[36:28] | Not even Mr. Addison. | 连艾迪森先生都不行 |
[36:29] | Especially not Mr. Addison. | 艾迪森先生尤其不行 |
[36:37] | – Well, I guess that’s all my news. – Babe. | -我这里的消息只有这些 -宝贝 |
[36:38] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[36:39] | I’m in my PJs watching Moonlighting. | 我穿着睡衣在看《蓝色月光》 |
[36:41] | What about this is remotely interesting? | 能有什么有趣的地方呢 |
[36:43] | – Everything. – No. | -一切都很有趣 -胡说 |
[36:45] | Not true. | 别闹了 |
[36:46] | You know, you missed my mouth by an inch. | 你只差一点就扔进我嘴里了 |
[36:50] | – Yeah. Well, give me that. – An inch. What? No. | -是吗 把这个给我 -就差一点 什么 不行 |
[36:52] | Yeah, I’m gonna give you a taste of your own medicine. | 快给我 我打算以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[36:55] | – See how much you like it. – I’m… | -看看你喜不喜欢 -我… |
[36:57] | – Whoa, there he is. Uh-huh. – Come on. | -快看 你入镜了 -别闹了 |
[36:59] | No, come on. Come on, look. | 别这样 你听我说 |
[37:00] | You know that I-I’m a… | 你明知道我这个人 |
[37:02] | I’m a behind-the-scenes guy. | 我属于幕后工作者 |
[37:03] | Yeah? Well, put on a show. Ready? | 是吗 那借此机会表现一下 准备好了吗 |
[37:05] | – Really? You want me to put on a show? – Yeah. | -真的吗 你想让我表现一下 -对 |
[37:07] | – Okay, hold on. – You ready? | -好 稍等 -准备好了吗 |
[37:09] | – Wait, wait. Wait. Count of three. – Okay. | -等等 数三下 -好 |
[37:11] | – Ready? One… – One. | -准备好了吗 一 -一 |
[37:13] | – Two… – Two. | -二 -二 |
[37:15] | You didn’t get to three. | 你都没数三 |
[37:21] | – You faked me. – Did I get you? | -你骗我 -整到你了吗 |
[37:46] | Miguel, hi. It’s Rebecca. | 米格尔 我是丽贝卡 |
[37:50] | So the kids are at a party tonight, | 孩子们今天去参加派对了 |
[37:54] | and this apartment is horrible. | 这个家现在糟透了 |
[37:57] | I mean, I really can’t be here right now. | 我真的不能继续待在这里了 |
[38:01] | I can’t… | 我做不到 |
[38:03] | I can’t be anywhere right now. | 我现在哪里都去不了 |
[38:05] | But… | 但是 |
[38:07] | …maybe there is one of those, uh… | 也许你之前提到的… |
[38:15] | …those, um… | 那种… |
[38:19] | …grief support… | 悲伤咨询 |
[38:23] | group meetings you were talking about. | 互助会议 也许可以 |
[38:26] | Maybe there’s one of those t-tonight. | 也许今晚就有一场 |
[38:29] | And maybe you could come pick me up? | 你能不能来接我 |
[38:44] | I’ll be right here waiting for you. | 我就在这里等你 |
[38:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:51] | Here goes. | 我去了 |
[39:09] | You’re here. | 你来了 |
[39:10] | You’re a genius. | 你真聪明 |
[39:12] | Where’s Sophie? | 索菲呢 |
[39:21] | It’s warm. | 酒都不凉了 |
[39:22] | Yeah, sorry. I’ve been out here for a while. | 抱歉 我在外面待了很久 |
[39:28] | I’ve been thinking about the whole New York thing, | 我一直在想去纽约的事 |
[39:30] | and, um, you were right. | 你说得对 |
[39:33] | It’s a stupid idea, so I can stay here with you… | 这个想法很蠢 我可以留下来陪你 |
[39:35] | No. No way. | 不 不行 |
[39:38] | You’re going. | 你一定要去 |
[39:41] | It’s not your job to stay here and protect me. | 你没有义务留下来保护我 |
[39:44] | Okay, not anymore. | 以后都不用了 |
[39:50] | Just… just promise me that | 不过 你要向我保证 |
[39:53] | if some weird guy asks you to audition for a movie | 如果有奇怪的男人让你去他家地下室 |
[39:56] | in his basement… | 给电影试镜 |
[39:57] | …you run. Okay? | 你赶紧跑 知道吗 |
[40:00] | – Better safe than sorry, pretty boy. – Okay. | -小心驶得万年船 帅哥 -好 |
[40:06] | Randall, get over here. | 兰德尔 快过来 |
[40:08] | Why are you lurking, creeper? | 你站在那儿偷窥什么呢 |
[40:10] | I thought you two were about to lean in for a kiss or something. | 我以为你们俩接下来要亲了呢 |
[40:13] | Shut up, dude. | 胡说什么呢 |
[40:19] | Weird… that high school’s over. | 感觉很奇怪 高中就这样结束了 |
[40:23] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是啊 |
[40:29] | What do you think’s gonna happen to us? | 你觉得我们将来会怎样 |
[40:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:34] | Like, are we gonna hang out much? | 比如 我们以后会经常见面吗 |
[40:36] | Like, you know, when we get older. | 就是长大了之后 |
[40:39] | Barbecue. | 一起吃烧烤 |
[40:41] | Celebrate our kids’ birthdays. Spend the holidays together. | 庆祝孩子们的生日 一起度假什么的 |
[40:44] | – Of course. – I don’t know. | -当然 -说不好 |
[40:45] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[40:47] | I mean, you two will | 我知道 |
[40:48] | obviously end up sharing an apartment or something. | 你们俩以后肯定要住在一间公寓里 |
[40:50] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[40:51] | It’s the Big Three, okay, | 我们是三个小家伙 |
[40:53] | – not the Big Two. – No. | -不是两个 -不 |
[40:56] | You two got your own thing, and I don’t want any part of what’s going on there. | 你们俩之间有特别的感情 我不想瞎掺和 |
[41:00] | Yeah, ’cause Mom would probably get jealous. | 是啊 因为那样妈妈可能会吃醋 |
[41:02] | Probably. | 也许吧 |
[41:13] | Hey, well, I’m gonna head out. | 好 我先走了 |
[41:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:26] | Toby’s talking with your doctor, okay? | 托比在跟你的医生谈 别担心 |
[41:29] | All right. | 好 |
[41:33] | Listen, it’s okay. | 听我说 没事的 |
[41:35] | That shot that they gave you, it’s working. | 他们给你打的那一针 奏效了 |
[41:38] | It’s delayed your labor, what, ten hours so far? | 目前为止已经把分娩推迟了十个小时吧 |
[41:41] | I don’t need hours, Kev. I need weeks. | 可我需要的不是几小时 而是几周时间 |
[41:55] | I know the answer. | 我知道答案 |
[41:58] | What’s gonna happen to us? | 我们将来会怎样 |
[42:00] | As long as we stay in each other’s lives… | 只要我们一直留在彼此的生活里 |
[42:04] | …we’ll be okay. | 我们一定会没事 |
[42:11] | This… this baby can’t die, you guys. | 这个宝宝 宝宝绝对不能死 |
[42:14] | – He won’t. – He won’t. | -不会的 -不会的 |
[42:17] | You promise? | 你们保证吗 |
[42:20] | I promise. | 我保证 |