时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:05] | I think my water just broke. | 我觉得我羊水刚刚破了 |
[00:06] | Toby, it’s me. Listen, I’m in the car with Kate, and, uh, | 托比 是我 我和凯特在车里 |
[00:09] | I really think we should call an ambulance. | 我觉得我们得叫辆救护车来 |
[00:10] | I’ve been drinking all day. | 我一整天都在喝酒 |
[00:11] | I thought I had it under control. | 我以为我能掌控这一切 |
[00:13] | I don’t think I can do this without you, Zoe. | 我觉得没有你 我撑不过去 佐伊 |
[00:15] | His, uh, water bottle | 他那瓶水 |
[00:17] | – was full of vodka. – Baby, it’s not | -装的都是伏特加 -宝贝 |
[00:20] | that I don’t want you to do what you love. | 不是我不让你做你喜欢的事 |
[00:21] | I’m just saying, if we’re gonna get childcare, | 我是想说 如果我们要找儿童托管 |
[00:24] | is the cost of that childcare | 那么我们挣的钱 |
[00:26] | greater than or equal to what we’be bringing in? | 至少要不低于托管所需的费用 |
[00:30] | You mean what I’d be bringing in. | 你是说我挣的钱 |
[00:32] | He-he just– he doesn’t look like a regular… | 他 他看起来不像正常孩… |
[00:35] | Because he’s not. | 因为他确实发育得不是很好 |
[00:42] | Bye, little dude. | 拜 小兄弟 |
[00:43] | We’re gonna come back and see you again real soon. | 我们会很快回来看你的 |
[00:47] | He’s gonna be good. | 他一定会没事 |
[00:49] | It’s only been two days, and he already looks stronger. | 才过了两天 他看起来已经更强壮了 |
[00:52] | Yeah, I think so, too. | 我也这样觉得 |
[00:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:58] | Please don’t feel bad. | 你不必内疚 |
[01:00] | Mom’s staying. It’s gonna be good. | 妈妈会留下来 不会有事的 |
[01:02] | I wish we could stay longer, | 我也希望我们能多待几天 |
[01:04] | but we got a whiteboard at home that feels different. | 但我们家白板上的时间安排并不这样认为 |
[01:07] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[01:09] | – We love you guys. – Love you, too. | -我们很爱你们 -我们也爱你 |
[01:11] | See you. | 再见 |
[01:13] | *You are my sunshine* | *你是我的阳光* |
[01:17] | *My only sunshine* | *我唯一的阳光* |
[01:20] | *You make me happy when skies are gray* | *天空灰暗时 你赐我光彩* |
[01:25] | *You’ll never know* | *你永远不会知道* |
[01:28] | Jack | 杰克 |
[01:32] | *How much I love you* | *我有多爱你* |
[01:37] | *Please don’t take* | *请不要夺走* |
[01:39] | *My sunshine away.* | *我的阳光* |
[02:00] | I remember my first dance like it was yesterday. | 我还记得我第一次去舞会 |
[02:03] | I wore a light pink chiffon dress | 我穿了浅粉色雪纺裙 |
[02:06] | and white Mary Janes. | 一双白色玛丽简皮鞋 |
[02:09] | Check out my bow tie. | 快看我的领结 |
[02:11] | Wow. Looks good, Kev. | 挺帅啊 小凯 |
[02:14] | Even better with pants. | 穿上裤子就更帅了 |
[02:15] | I can’t put them on too soon, | 我不能太早穿上 |
[02:16] | – or I’ll get ’em wrinkled. – You just want | -不然会弄皱的 -你就是想帅一点 |
[02:17] | to look good so you can get your first kiss with Sophie. | 到时候好跟苏菲来一场初吻 |
[02:20] | So what if I want to kiss Sophie? | 我想亲苏菲又怎么了 |
[02:21] | – She is my girlfriend. – What’s that about your girlfriend? | -她是我女朋友 -你说你女朋友怎么了 |
[02:24] | Our son is gunning for his first kiss tonight. | 咱儿子今天晚上想来个初吻 |
[02:27] | – Oh. – You better be a perfect gentleman, Kevin. | -是吗 -你记住一定要非常绅士 凯文 |
[02:29] | – Duh, Mom. – I hope Sophie likes hair gel. | -肯定的 妈妈 -但愿苏菲喜欢发胶 |
[02:31] | – She’ll like it. – Is that stiff enough? | -她会喜欢的 -你头发够硬吗 |
[02:33] | – Stop. It has to be perfect. – Kev. | -别乱动 必须保持完美 -小凯 |
[02:34] | Upstairs, please. | 请上楼去 |
[02:36] | – Pants. – Hey, Katie girl. | -穿上裤子 -小凯特 |
[02:37] | Hi, Dad. | 爸 |
[02:39] | All right, Bug. Here you go. | 好了 宝贝 给你 |
[02:41] | – Thanks, Mom. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢妈妈 -不客气 |
[02:44] | I do not understand today’s fashion. | 我真不理解如今的时尚 |
[02:46] | – Who does? – Hi. | -谁又能理解呢 -嗨 |
[02:49] | Look at you, Randall. Looking sharp. | 快看啊 兰德尔 翩翩君子 |
[02:51] | – Yeah. – No wonder Kate’s friend | -是啊 -怪不得凯特的朋友 |
[02:52] | wanted to bring you to this dance. | 想邀请你一起去舞会呢 |
[02:54] | Yeah, Jessica said she’s really excited | 是啊 杰西卡说她非常期待 |
[02:55] | that you decided to come and dance with her. | 因为你答应跟她一起去舞会了 |
[02:58] | Uh-huh. Have you guys seen my shoes? | 好吧 你们见我的鞋了吗 |
[02:59] | – I can’t find them. – Have you tried | -我找不到了 -你有没有试过 |
[03:01] | putting your cards down to look for them? | 放下手里的卡片再去找找看 |
[03:04] | Today I found out that next week | 我今天才得知 下周 |
[03:05] | I have a science test on cytoplasmic organelles. | 我们的科学考试要考细胞质内细胞器 |
[03:10] | – I suck at organelles. – Step ahead of me, bud. | -我不擅长细胞器 -比我强多了 儿子 |
[03:13] | I don’t even know what organelles are. | 我根本不知道细胞器是什么 |
[03:15] | Shoes are under the table. | 鞋在桌子下面 |
[03:19] | I have a feeling Jessica’s gonna be hearing | 我有种预感 杰茜卡今晚会听到 |
[03:21] | – a lot about organelles tonight. – Yeah. | -许多关于细胞器的知识 -是啊 |
[03:23] | Thank you for agreeing to chaperone with me, by the way. | 对了 谢谢你同意陪我一起当护”娃”使者 |
[03:26] | Oh, yeah. | 应该的 |
[03:27] | Wow, I can’t believe they’re going to their first dance. | 我简直无法相信 他们都要去第一场舞会了 |
[03:30] | The awkwardness. The anticipation. | 那种尴尬 那种期待 |
[03:34] | – The retainers. – Yeah, sounds great. | -还有牙齿矫正器 -是啊 多么美妙 |
[03:36] | Almost as great as… a night without the kids. | 几乎赶得上 一个没有孩子的夜晚 |
[03:41] | You’re being sarcastic, and I don’t even care. | 你在反讽 但我根本不想接茬 |
[03:43] | I can’t believe how grown-up they are, Jack. | 他们居然长这么大了 杰克 |
[03:47] | Feels like just yesterday they were babies. | 感觉他们昨天还是小宝宝呢 |
[03:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:53] | Hello, old friend. | 老朋友你好 |
[03:56] | Hit me. | 说吧 |
[03:57] | What’s on the docket for today, Jae-won? | 今天有什么安排 在元 |
[03:59] | Back-to-back interviews through lunch… | 一直要面试到中午… |
[04:01] | Hang on, Jae-won. | 等下 在元 |
[04:01] | I’m getting another call. | 我接个电话 |
[04:04] | – Dej, what’s up? – Where’d you put | -小黛 怎么了 -你见没见 |
[04:05] | the permission slip for my field trip? | 我的户外旅游请假条 |
[04:06] | In your backpack, uh, front pocket. | 在你的背包里 前面口袋 |
[04:10] | Got to go. Bye. | 我先挂了 拜 |
[04:11] | – Hit me. – After lunch, we’ll go over candidates | -继续 -午饭后 我们要一起看看 |
[04:13] | for director of communications, then more interviews. | 公关总监的候选人 然后继续面试 |
[04:16] | Legislative aides… | 还有法务助理 |
[04:20] | Whoa, that’s a lot of dead trees, man. | 这么多文件啊 兄弟 |
[04:23] | I need to be home in time | 我得按时到家 |
[04:24] | – for Beth to get to her dance class. – These are reports | -贝丝才能去教舞蹈课 -这些都是报告 |
[04:26] | from the Public Works and Safety committees. | 市政工程和安全委员会提供的 |
[04:28] | Committees you need to get yourself placed on. | 这些都是必须要重视的部门 |
[04:29] | So get reading, mon ami. | 开始看吧 朋友 |
[04:51] | Just stop going up. | 时间别再往上涨了 |
[04:56] | Hey, babe. Sorry I’m late. | 宝贝 抱歉我回来晚了 |
[04:58] | There’s chicken on the stove. Girls are upstairs. | 炉子里有鸡肉 孩子们在楼上 |
[05:00] | Annie needs help with her science. | 安妮的科学课需要帮助 |
[05:02] | And tomorrow night, don’t forget my dance recital. | 明天晚上 别忘了我的舞蹈彩排 |
[05:04] | 7:30 sharp. | 7点半准时开始 |
[05:06] | Can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on. | 等不及要看看你最近的工作成果了 |
[05:08] | – Thanks. – Have a great class. | -谢谢 -祝你上课顺利 |
[05:09] | All right, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[05:12] | Who’s higher on the food chain, | 食物链上谁更高 |
[05:13] | the owl or the mouse? | 是猫头鹰还是老鼠 |
[05:18] | The owl, because it eats the mouse. | 是猫头鹰 因为猫头鹰吃老鼠 |
[05:20] | You bet your cute face it does. | 小可爱答对啦 |
[05:24] | – Thanks, Dad. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢爸 -不客气 |
[05:25] | – Got your favorite jeans, fresh out of the dryer. – One, two, | -你最喜欢的裤子 刚洗好 -一 二 |
[05:28] | three, four, five, | 三 四 五 |
[05:30] | six, release your arms, and come up… | 六 胳膊伸展 起身… |
[05:33] | one, two, three, four… | 一 二 三 四… |
[05:44] | Hey, babe. How was your… | 宝贝 你今天… |
[05:55] | This is a great space. | 你的办公室很不错 |
[05:56] | Love your taste in art. | 很有艺术品位 |
[05:58] | I love that one. | 这幅画我喜欢 |
[05:59] | That is a flower that’s supposed to, | 那应该是朵花吧 |
[06:01] | uh, kind of look like a vagina. | 不过看起来有点像阴道 |
[06:03] | – Right? – My daughter did that when she was seven. | -对吧 -我女儿画这幅画时才七岁 |
[06:08] | Well, she is, uh… | 那她… |
[06:10] | She’s talented. | 她挺有天赋 |
[06:13] | Why don’t you each tell me | 你们先跟我说说 |
[06:14] | why you come to couples therapy. | 为什么要来做情感治疗吧 |
[06:19] | So, the-the f-flashing neon light in the room | 最主要的原因是 |
[06:21] | is that I started drinking again | 在我戒酒大概一年后 |
[06:23] | after about a year of, uh, being sober. | 又开始酗酒了 |
[06:26] | – Are you still drinking? – No. | -你还在酗酒吗 -没 |
[06:28] | I’m not. | 没有了 |
[06:29] | Um, I’ve been sober for four days now. | 我已经四天没喝过了 |
[06:32] | Been going to AA meetings every single day, | 现在每天都会参加戒酒互助会 |
[06:34] | and I just really… | 这次我… |
[06:36] | I need to do sobriety right this time. | 这次我得彻底把酒戒掉 |
[06:38] | And I want to do this relationship right, too. | 我也想要维护好这份感情 |
[06:41] | It’s important to me. | 它对我很重要 |
[06:46] | What about you, Zoe? | 你呢 佐伊 |
[06:48] | Well, uh, a relapse I could deal with. | 酒瘾发作这我能接受 |
[06:53] | You know, you date an addict, you know the-the risks, right? | 毕竟跟酒鬼交往就明白其中的风险 对吧 |
[06:56] | Uh, but it’s just all the sneaking around | 但要是偷偷摸摸的 |
[07:00] | and the lying. | 加上欺骗 |
[07:03] | I mean, he was secretly drinking | 比如说他在医院 |
[07:04] | a bottle of vodka in the hospital | 偷偷喝了一瓶伏特加 |
[07:06] | while his sister was having an emergency C-section. | 而当时他妹妹正在做紧急剖腹产 |
[07:10] | Well, to be fair, that’s exactly | 平心而论 |
[07:11] | the kind of situation that makes you want to drink. | 就是那种情形才会让你想喝酒 |
[07:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:17] | Not that we’re being fair. | 我不是在讲什么公平 |
[07:18] | I mean, we don’t need– Who needs that? | 我是说我们不需要… 谁需要呢 |
[07:22] | Jane, I see you trying not to smile at him. | 简 我知道你在憋着不对他笑 |
[07:26] | And it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[07:27] | See, he’s very charming. | 看吧 他很有魅力 |
[07:31] | And, uh, he makes me want to smile at him, too. | 他的魅力让我也想对他笑 |
[07:35] | I just don’t want to be a sucker. | 我就是不想当个笨蛋 |
[07:38] | – You know? – You’re not the sucker. | -你懂吗 -你不是笨蛋 |
[07:40] | Zoe, I messed up. | 佐伊 是我的错 |
[07:44] | I messed up big. All right? | 我弄得一团糟 好吗 |
[07:46] | But I’m gonna do whatever it takes to win your trust back, | 但我会竭尽所能赢回你的信任 |
[07:47] | because you’re that important to me. | 因为你对我很重要 |
[07:49] | And, to be honest with you, I can see it all with you. | 说实话 看着你我仿佛能看到我们的未来 |
[07:51] | The settling down, having kids, moving to the burbs. | 定居下来 有了孩子 搬到郊区住 |
[07:55] | M-Maybe not the burbs. You know. But… but the rest of it. | 或许不用搬到郊区 但其他的都有 |
[08:03] | See that? We crushed the first question. | 看到了吗 我们搞定了第一个问题 |
[08:05] | I think we’re ready for the second. | 我觉得我们准备好回答第二个问题了 |
[08:21] | Hey, you guys, have a blast. | 孩子们玩得开心 |
[08:24] | I know how special first dances can be, | 我知道第一次舞会是多么特别 |
[08:26] | so we just want you to go and have… | 我们只是想让你们… |
[08:28] | There’s Sophie. | 索菲在那儿 |
[08:29] | I can’t believe you guys are here. | 真不敢相信你们也来了 |
[08:31] | Don’t embarrass us. | 别让我们出糗 |
[08:34] | Fine. I just… want you guys to have fun. | 好吧 我就是想让你们玩得开心 |
[08:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:44] | Hi, Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[08:46] | Um, thanks for inviting me. | 谢谢邀请我 |
[08:47] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:51] | Um, do you happen to know anything about mitochondria? | 你知道线粒体是什么东西吗 |
[08:56] | – You look really pretty. – Thanks. | -你今天真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[08:59] | I like your bow tie, and your hair. | 我喜欢你的领结 还有发型 |
[09:04] | Do you want to dance? | 你想要跳舞吗 |
[09:16] | Hey, we’re gonna go prank Principal Fleming soon. | 我们一会儿要恶搞弗莱明校长了 |
[09:18] | – You in? – Totally. | -你加入吗 -当然 |
[09:25] | I remember my first slow dance with Pete Novak. | 我记得我第一支舞是和皮特·诺瓦克一起 |
[09:29] | He stepped on every single one of my toes | 我每根脚指头都被他踩了个遍 |
[09:31] | until they were purple, but I loved every minute of it. | 全都淤青了 但当时的每一分钟我都很享受 |
[09:37] | – Who was your first dance with? – Never had one. | -你第一支舞是跟谁一起 -从来没有过 |
[09:40] | – What? – I almost went | -怎么回事 -有一次 |
[09:42] | to homecoming once, but my father, he, uh, | 我本来要去参加返校节了 但我父亲 |
[09:46] | pulled a Stanley, got into a fight with my mom, | 他跟我妈吵了起来 |
[09:48] | and grabbed a six-pack and took off with the car. | 拿了六瓶啤酒 把车开走了 |
[09:51] | No car, no dance. | 没有车 就没去舞会 |
[09:55] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[09:56] | You’re not seriously upset by that, are you? | 你不是真的因为这个不高兴了吧 |
[09:58] | – I… – That was 30 years ago. | -我 -那是30年前了 |
[09:59] | I know, but… I’m bummed for you | 我知道 但我为你难过 |
[10:03] | that you didn’t have this iconic school experience. | 你没有这种标志性的校园经历 |
[10:07] | Trust me, not getting to dance to Frankie Avalon as a kid | 相信我 一个孩子没跟弗兰基·阿瓦隆跳上舞 |
[10:11] | was the least of my problems. | 是我最无关痛痒的问题了 |
[10:16] | I think there are plenty of chaperones here, don’t you? | 我觉得这儿有足够多的监护人了 你觉得呢 |
[10:22] | Come on. | 快点 |
[10:23] | I thought you wanted to see the kids’ first moments. | 你不是说想看孩子们第一次跳舞的时刻吗 |
[10:25] | Yeah, I-I do, but we have four hours for that. | 是没错 但我们有四个小时可以看 |
[10:28] | We’re-we’re here for four hours? | 我们要在这儿待四个小时吗 |
[10:29] | – Yeah. – Rebecca. | -对 -丽贝卡 |
[10:32] | You are one handsome boy. | 你是个小帅哥 |
[10:35] | Sweet… | 可爱的 |
[10:37] | little handsome boy. | 小帅哥 |
[10:39] | – Hey, guys. – Hi. | -你们好 -你好 |
[10:41] | So it’s time to take some blood and urine samples. | 是时候取些血样和尿样了 |
[10:44] | Still totally routine. | 这只是基本流程 |
[10:45] | We just have to continue to monitor | 我们需要持续观察 |
[10:46] | all his levels, okay? | 他的各项指标 好吗 |
[10:51] | If you want, you can talk to Jack or sing to him. | 愿意的话 你们可以对杰克说话或者唱歌 |
[10:54] | – It can be comforting. – Okay. | -会让他安心点 -好的 |
[10:58] | Toby, what should we sing? | 托比 我们该唱什么 |
[11:07] | *Raindrops on roses* | *玫瑰上的雨滴* |
[11:09] | *And whiskers on kittens* | *猫咪脸上的须须* |
[11:12] | *Bright copper kettles* | *明亮的铜水壶* |
[11:13] | *And warm woolen mittens* | *温暖的羊毛手套* |
[11:16] | Oh, you’re doing so good, button. | 你的表现很棒 宝贝 |
[11:19] | Uh, we can’t know if he’s doing good. | 我们根本不知道他表现得好不好 |
[11:21] | He can’t cry. | 他哭不出来 |
[11:22] | He’s got that tube crammed down his throat. | 那根管子堵住了他的喉咙 |
[11:25] | Okay. Blood sample’s all done. | 好了 血样取好了 |
[11:27] | Now we’re going to insert the catheter | 现在我们要把导尿管插入 |
[11:28] | into his urethra to take the urine sample. | 到他的尿道来取尿样 |
[11:33] | *When I’m feeling* | *当我感到* |
[11:35] | Okay, can you not? | 好了 能别这样吗 |
[11:38] | C-Can’t you get everything you need | 就不能从他的血样里 |
[11:39] | fr-from the-the blood test | 提取你要的东西 |
[11:41] | or slide a little tiny bedpan under him | 或者在他下面放个便盆 |
[11:43] | and just wait until he pees | 等他自己尿出来 |
[11:44] | instead of sticking something else… | 而不是塞根东西进去… |
[11:45] | Toby, stop it. | 托比 别说了 |
[11:55] | *When the dog bites* | *当小狗咬来* |
[11:58] | *When the bee stings* | *当蜜蜂蛰来* |
[12:01] | *When I’m feeling* | *当我感到* |
[12:09] | How was your AA meeting? You find the one you like? | 戒酒互助会怎么样 有喜欢的没 |
[12:12] | Yeah. I tried one in the East Village. | 有啊 我去了东村那个试试 |
[12:14] | Uh, the people were pretty cool, | 那里的人都挺酷的 |
[12:16] | but the place kind of smelled like asparagus. | 但那地方闻起来有芦笋的味道 |
[12:17] | I think there’s a vegan restaurant next door. | 我觉得旁边有一家素食餐馆 |
[12:20] | Listen, I need to talk to you about… | 听着 有件事我们得谈谈 |
[12:23] | something you said at therapy. | 关于你在治疗时说的事 |
[12:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:27] | When you mentioned kids, | 当时你提到了孩子 |
[12:30] | is that something you really want? | 你是真的想要吗 |
[12:33] | Why? Are you pregnant? | 怎么 你怀孕了吗 |
[12:36] | That was a bad joke. | 这玩笑一点都不好笑 |
[12:38] | Wait. Are you pregnant? | 等等 你真怀孕了 |
[12:40] | Kevin, I… | 凯文 我… |
[12:43] | I want to be direct with you. | 那我就和你直说了 |
[12:46] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[12:50] | But I don’t want to have kids. | 但我不想要小孩 |
[12:53] | Kids have never been part of my plan, | 我从没计划过要小孩 |
[12:55] | and they will never be. | 我也不会生小孩 |
[13:08] | Is this because of your dad? | 是因为你爸爸吗 |
[13:12] | Um, I think it’s more than that. | 我觉得不仅这个原因 |
[13:13] | I… I like my life… I like my life the way it is. | 我热爱我的生活 我喜欢现在的生活 |
[13:18] | I-I… | 我… |
[13:20] | I like that I have the freedom to just pick up and travel. | 我喜欢自由地来一场说走就走的旅行 |
[13:23] | I like not basing my life around soccer practice | 我不想让我的生活整天围绕着足球训练 |
[13:25] | and math homework. | 和数学作业 |
[13:27] | I like that if we wanted, | 只要我们想要 |
[13:29] | we could have sex on the counter right now | 立刻就能在桌子上做爱 |
[13:30] | with no fear of a kid walking in and being scarred for life. | 而不用担心孩子走进来 留下一辈子的创伤 |
[13:33] | Well, I have the time. | 我现在可以效劳 |
[13:34] | We are not having sex on the counter right now. | 现在才不要跟你在桌子上做爱 |
[13:40] | Right. Well, um… | 也对 不过… |
[13:42] | It’s just, well– You never mentioned this before. | 只不过 你之前从来没有提过这点 |
[13:46] | Oh, I guess I thought we were on the same page. | 我还以为我们的想法是一样的 |
[13:50] | When your sister was trying to get pregnant, | 当你妹妹在备孕的时候 |
[13:51] | you said that… that having a kid | 你说过 生小孩 |
[13:54] | was the last thing you could imagine. | 是你最无法想象的事情 |
[13:55] | I know, but I just kind of thought eventually, | 我知道 但是我觉得最终… |
[13:59] | you know, s… | 你知道的 |
[14:01] | It just seems like something people do. | 感觉每个人最终都会有小孩的 |
[14:05] | But… | 但是 |
[14:08] | I guess I, I guess I don’t have to have one. | 我想我也不一定非要小孩 |
[14:11] | I mean, not necessarily. | 也不是一定要生 |
[14:18] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[14:21] | I have given this a lot of thought. | 对于这个问题我深思熟虑过 |
[14:23] | And you should, too. | 你也应该好好考虑 |
[14:26] | If you… if you decide | 如果你 你决定 |
[14:28] | you really, truly don’t want to have kids, | 你真的不打算要孩子 |
[14:30] | then I am all in with you. | 我会一直陪着你 |
[14:34] | I will stick it out through the counseling | 我会陪着你一起心理咨询 |
[14:36] | and your recovery, whatever it takes. | 陪着你恢复 不管付出什么代价 |
[14:40] | But if having kids is something you need | 但是如果你打算要孩子 |
[14:42] | to make your life complete… | 来让你的生命完整 |
[14:46] | you have to tell me. | 你要告诉我 |
[14:49] | ‘Cause I don’t want to waste either of our time. | 因为我不想浪费我们彼此的时间 |
[14:57] | Thank you all so much for coming to our spring showcase. | 感谢大家来看我们的春季表演 |
[15:01] | And I want to say a special thank you | 在此我想特别感谢 |
[15:03] | to our newest instructor, Beth Pearson. | 我们的新指导老师 贝丝·皮尔森 |
[15:05] | Beth just started with us, but really went above and beyond | 贝丝刚加入我们 但她表现超群 |
[15:08] | to get her dancers ready for tonight. | 她让舞者们为今晚做好了准备 |
[15:10] | I am so proud of all of our dancers, | 我为所有的舞者感到骄傲 |
[15:13] | and the incredibly hard work they’ve put in | 他们为了今晚的演出 |
[15:14] | 太紧张了 还有15分钟就要表演了 你还能来吗 你在哪 | |
[15:15] | to tonight’s performance. | 付出了艰苦卓绝的努力 |
[15:16] | You are in for an exciting evening. | 今晚必定激动人心 |
[15:20] | I’m thrilled to present tonight’s performance to you. | 我很高兴将今晚的演出呈现给大家 |
[15:22] | Now, if you’ll all silence your phones, | 现在 请大家将手机调成静音 |
[15:25] | we’ll get started in a few moments. | 演出即将开始 |
[15:30] | Damn, you really went for it with these flowers. | 天哪 这些花你可真是花心思了 |
[15:34] | Thank you, baby. I love ’em. | 谢谢你 宝贝 我很喜欢 |
[15:36] | You know what I love? | 你知道我喜欢什么吗 |
[15:38] | My wife. | 我的妻子 |
[15:39] | And that badass dance she choreographed tonight. | 还有她今晚编的那支精彩绝伦的舞蹈 |
[15:42] | Ah, come on. I just helped | 别贫嘴了 我只是帮忙 |
[15:43] | – it across the finish line. – Don’t be modest. | -做了扫尾工作 -别谦虚 |
[15:45] | Hey, that one part where the dancer kept doing | 那个舞者持续不停地 |
[15:47] | those twirly things that went on and on and on? | 转圈的那部分 |
[15:50] | She looked like a human dreidel. | 她看起来就像人肉陀螺 |
[15:51] | – What do you call those things? – Pirouette. | -那个动作叫什么 -皮鲁埃特旋转 |
[15:53] | She did seven pirouettes off of one plié. | 她一次屈膝做了七个皮鲁埃特旋转 |
[15:56] | Last week, she could have only done five. | 上周她只能做到五个 |
[15:57] | Well, that was before Beth Pearson showed up | 那是在贝丝·皮尔森这个芭蕾拯救者 |
[15:59] | on the scene like some kind of ballet fixer. | 出现之前的情况 |
[16:01] | Like Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, | 就像《低俗小说》中的哈维·凯特尔一样 |
[16:04] | but with ballet. | 只不过你是教芭蕾 |
[16:07] | You know, my boss gave me a really nice shout-out | 我的老板在她的开幕致辞中 |
[16:10] | in her speech at the beginning. | 给了我很高的评价 |
[16:12] | I wish you could have been there to hear it. | 我真希望你当时听到了那些话 |
[16:15] | Well, I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[16:18] | I tried my hardest to be there at 7:30 sharp. | 我已经尽最大努力7点半准时赶到了 |
[16:22] | Tell me what she said about you. | 说说她是怎么评价你的 |
[16:23] | Her exact words. | 一字不差 |
[16:26] | She said I went above and beyond. | 她说我表现超群 |
[16:31] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 我也是这么评价你的 |
[16:38] | Mm. All right. I’m gonna take a shower. | 好了 我要去冲个澡 |
[16:40] | Come back down and get the girls’ lunches ready. | 然后回来准备孩子们的午餐 |
[16:43] | Uh, you have dishes tonight. | 今晚你洗碗 |
[16:46] | Yeah. I got it. | 好 我知道了 |
[16:48] | Hey, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[16:49] | Uh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:52] | Marcus Duncan, city council president, | 市议会主席 马库斯·邓肯 |
[16:54] | invited us to dinner at his house tomorrow night | 邀请我们还有其他的新任议员 |
[16:56] | with the other incoming councilmen. | 明晚去他家吃晚餐 |
[16:57] | Oh. I can’t. I have a class till 5:30. | 我去不了 我5点半才下课 |
[17:00] | Yeah, but dinner’s not till 8:00. | 是的 但是晚餐八点才开始 |
[17:01] | Look, I know it’ll be tight, | 我知道时间很紧 |
[17:03] | but I really think you could make it. | 但我觉得你还是能赶上的 |
[17:06] | I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important, Beth. | 要不是真的很重要我也不会开口 贝丝 |
[17:08] | Duncan assigns the new councilmen to their committees. | 邓肯指派新的议员到他们的委员会 |
[17:10] | It’s important that I make a good impression on him. | 我给他留下好印象是很重要的 |
[17:13] | And I… You tend to be the most impressive part | 况且你往往是我给别人的印象中 |
[17:15] | of the impressions that I make. | 最深刻的一部分 |
[17:19] | But if it’s too much, I understand. | 但你要是觉得为难 我也理解 |
[17:20] | No. No. I’ll be there. | 不会 我会去的 |
[17:22] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[17:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:36] | You know what you really missed out on | 你知道 你没去学校舞会 |
[17:37] | – by not going to school dances? – What’s that? | -真正错过的是什么吗 -什么 |
[17:40] | The part where you sneak away | 错过了偷偷溜出去 |
[17:41] | and find a hidden place to make out with your date. | 找个隐蔽的地方和你的约会对象亲热 |
[17:46] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在做什么 |
[17:48] | – Randall? – Randall. | -兰德尔 -兰德尔 |
[17:51] | What– What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[17:53] | I came in here to study for my science test. | 我来这里学习准备科学考试 |
[17:55] | Hey, you know, Kate’s friend, she invited you here. | 你是凯特的朋友邀请来的 |
[18:00] | Dad, my science average is 97.6, | 爸爸 我的科学课平均分是97.6 |
[18:03] | and Willy Hogan’s science average is 97.8. | 威利·霍根的平均分是97.8 |
[18:06] | Which is why I need to read about mitochondria right now. | 所以我要好好学习下线粒体的知识 |
[18:09] | No. Randall, you made a commitment to Jessica. | 不 兰德尔 你答应过杰西卡的 |
[18:12] | So, you can study this weekend | 所以你可以周末再学习 |
[18:14] | until your brain overheats, | 哪怕往死里学都行 |
[18:15] | but right now, you’re gonna go back in that gym, | 可现在 你得回到体育馆里 |
[18:18] | and you’re gonna ask that girl if she wants to dance. | 问问那个女孩想不想跳支舞 |
[18:20] | – Yeah, come on. Let’s go. – I… | -是的 去吧 我们走 -我… |
[18:22] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[18:25] | Okay. But if I don’t get into an Ivy League college, | 好的 要是我没考进常春藤联盟大学 |
[18:28] | – it’s on you guys. – Fine. | -那就怪你们 -好的 |
[18:29] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[18:33] | Hey, babe. What’s up? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[18:35] | Babe, I need to talk to you about tonight. | 宝贝 关于今晚的饭局我有件事要告诉你 |
[18:37] | I know timing sucks, | 我知道现在说不合适 |
[18:38] | but something exciting happened for me at work, | 但我在工作中遇到了一件大事 |
[18:41] | and I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to make the dinner. | 所以我可能赶不上晚餐了 |
[18:43] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[18:44] | My boss invited me out for drinks tonight | 我老板请我今晚出去喝一杯 |
[18:46] | with some of the other instructors | 同行的还有其他几位老师 |
[18:47] | to talk about the future of the studio. | 讨论工作室未来的发展 |
[18:49] | And it’s a big deal to be included, since I’m brand-new. | 这对我来说很重要 因为我是新人 |
[18:53] | Well, can’t it wait until tomorrow? | 不能等明天再去吗 |
[18:54] | No, ’cause it’s happening tonight. | 不 因为约在了今晚 |
[18:56] | I already told Duncan we were both gonna be there for dinner. | 我已经告诉邓肯今晚我们都会去的 |
[18:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:00] | – See you later, Beth. – Okay. | -待会见 贝丝 -好的 |
[19:03] | Yeah, I thought I could, | 对 我以为我能去 |
[19:04] | but now a work thing came up. | 但现在工作上有新情况 |
[19:06] | – You got to take this. – Just one second. | -这个电话很急 -稍等一下 |
[19:07] | You know my work is just as legitimate as yours is, Randall. | 你知道我的工作和你的一样重要 兰德尔 |
[19:09] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[19:12] | Hey, Beth, look, I know you can’t see | 贝丝 你可能不理解 |
[19:15] | what my days have been like lately, | 我最近过的是什么日子 |
[19:17] | but I have been burning the candle at about 12 different ends | 我忙得焦头烂额 |
[19:20] | trying to be a good councilman | 努力想当一名好议员 |
[19:22] | and husband and father, | 一位好丈夫 和好父亲 |
[19:24] | which, for the record, has been my pleasure. | 顺便一提 这些我都心甘情愿 |
[19:27] | But now, I need you to do this one thing. Okay? | 但现在我需要你帮我这个忙 好吗 |
[19:32] | I need you to be there for me tonight. | 我需要你今晚为我到场 |
[19:36] | Are you hearing me? | 你在听我说吗 |
[19:39] | Yeah, I hear you. | 嗯 听着呢 |
[19:41] | You’ve made it clear what you want. | 你说得很清楚 |
[19:54] | Hey, how’s that Highlights treating you? | 《天才少年》看的怎么样了 |
[19:59] | Well, I haven’t found all the differences | 我还没找到这两张 |
[20:01] | between the two pictures of the cat climbing a tree, so… | 猫爬树图片的所有不同之处 |
[20:04] | I know that one. | 我知道 |
[20:06] | In picture number two, the bird’s missing a wing. | 第二张图里的鸟缺了一个翅膀 |
[20:12] | So it is. | 果然 |
[20:13] | This place needs new magazines. | 这里需要进点新杂志了 |
[20:17] | Toby. | 我是托比 |
[20:20] | – I’m Gavin. – Okay. | -我是加文 -你好 |
[20:23] | I’ve seen you and your wife around here past few days. | 这几天我在这常能看到你和你老婆 |
[20:25] | Yeah, six days. | 是啊 六天了 |
[20:27] | We’ve been here… six days, | 我们已经在这待了…六天 |
[20:29] | and I still feel like i’m outside myself, | 但我仍然感觉魂不守舍 |
[20:31] | watching someone else in my body from above. | 仿佛是一具行尸走肉 |
[20:36] | Tell me about it. | 谁不是呢 |
[20:39] | We’ve been here six weeks. | 我们已经在这待了六周 |
[20:45] | I know. | 真的 |
[20:48] | Our baby was born with a hole in her heart. | 我们的宝宝一出生心脏上就有个洞 |
[20:51] | And they did surgery, and-and then she got better, | 医生做了手术 她好了一些 |
[20:53] | but then she got worse. | 然后病情又恶化了 |
[20:55] | Then the infection cleared, and then her bowel ruptured, | 然后感染消除 但之后她又胃肠穿孔 |
[20:58] | and… | 后来… |
[21:00] | I’m pretty sure that all the bad karma I accumulated | 肯定是我20多岁时 |
[21:03] | by being a dick in my 20s | 干的坏事 |
[21:05] | has finally caught up to me. | 终于让我遭了报应 |
[21:09] | Our kid is 12 weeks early. | 我们的小孩早产了12周 |
[21:12] | Two and a half pounds. | 出生时不到二斤三两 |
[21:13] | He’s hooked up to all those I.V.S and machines. | 他身上插满针管 连着机器 |
[21:16] | He’s got this… | 还有… |
[21:18] | ventilator tube crammed down his throat. | 呼吸机的管子塞在他喉咙里 |
[21:21] | It’s blocking his vocal cords, so he can’t cry. | 卡住了声带 于是他没法哭 |
[21:25] | I’ve never heard my kid cry. | 我还没听过宝宝的哭声 |
[21:27] | Can you believe that? | 你敢相信吗 |
[21:34] | You want to hear something really messed-up? | 你想听个更惨的故事吗 |
[21:38] | You know Max and Louise, | 你认识马克斯和露易丝吧 |
[21:39] | they got a kid here. | 他们的孩子也在这 |
[21:40] | And Max is, like, NBA tall, | 马克斯像NBA队员一样高 |
[21:42] | and Louise has that red hair. | 露易丝一头红发 |
[21:43] | Oh, yeah. | 想起来了 |
[21:44] | She looks like Wilma from The Flintstones. | 她长得像《摩登原始人》里的威尔玛 |
[21:46] | Exactly. Max and Louise. | 没错 就是马克斯和露易丝 |
[21:51] | So, their baby’s organs are failing, | 他们的宝宝器官衰竭 |
[21:53] | and they can’t do anything about it, | 而他们却无能为力 |
[21:56] | so their baby’s not coming home. | 所以宝宝没法出院 |
[22:01] | Uh, you’re right, that is messed-up. | 你说的对 真是够惨的 |
[22:02] | No, no, the messed-up part is | 不不 最可怕的是 |
[22:05] | sometimes I think about them, | 有时我想想他们的境遇 |
[22:06] | and-and it makes me feel better. | 自己就感觉好多了 |
[22:10] | I think, “Oh, at least I’ve got a chance of going home. | 我想 “我起码还有机会回家 |
[22:13] | I’m better off than Max and Louise.” | 我比马克斯和露易丝好点” |
[22:16] | Dark. | 真阴暗 |
[22:19] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[22:21] | My wife Kate, she… | 我妻子凯特 她… |
[22:23] | she sings to the baby. | 她给宝宝唱歌 |
[22:25] | She holds his little tiny hand, | 她握着他的小手 |
[22:28] | then she calls him “Little button,” | 管他叫”小纽扣” |
[22:30] | because he’s so… friggin’ tiny. | 因为他 超级小 |
[22:35] | And she smiles at him. She genuinely smiles at him. | 她对他微笑 发自内心地微笑 |
[22:41] | ‘Cause they’re better at it than us– moms. | 因为她们比我们强大 她们是母亲 |
[22:45] | I don’t, I don’t know. | 我不… 不知道 |
[22:46] | It’s ’cause they literally grew the kids inside of them, | 因为宝宝在她们的体内孕育 |
[22:49] | or-or what, but they, you know, they just– | 或者她们只是… |
[22:52] | they’re, you know… they’re better. | 她们… 更有天赋 |
[22:57] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[23:04] | Hi. My name is Tyler, and I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是泰勒 我是个酒鬼 |
[23:06] | Hi, Tyler. | 你好 泰勒 |
[23:07] | The way I treated… | 我治疗… |
[23:45] | Kevin? | 凯文 |
[23:49] | What are you doing lurking outside of my apartment? | 你在我家门外鬼鬼祟祟的干什么呢 |
[23:52] | Uh, I-I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[23:54] | Oh, no. I-I wasn’t lurking. | 不是 我没鬼鬼祟祟 |
[23:56] | I was coming from the community center. | 我从社区中心过来 |
[23:58] | I was walking to the train, and, uh, I didn’t realize | 正在往火车站走 我走到这条街上 |
[24:01] | how close your place was until I actually got to your street. | 才注意到这离你家很近 |
[24:04] | So I was gonna walk an extra block, you know, | 所以我本想多走一段 |
[24:06] | to avoid the whole thing, but it’s raining, | 绕开这片区域 但是下雨了 |
[24:08] | so I thought, well, I’ll just walk right past her place. | 于是我就决定直接经过你家门前 |
[24:11] | And then I-I got here, and I-I started, uh, | 于是我就来到了这里 然后我就… |
[24:14] | well, I-I started lurking. | 就躲在这里了 |
[24:16] | What were you doing at the community center in Park Slope? | 那你去公园坡的社区中心做什么 |
[24:19] | I was at an AA meeting. | 我去参加戒酒互助会了 |
[24:21] | Yeah, I’ve been going to different neighborhoods. | 我已经去过很多社区了 |
[24:23] | I’m trying to find a good fit, but, um– | 想找个最适合自己的地方 不过… |
[24:26] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[24:27] | I’ll-I’ll mark this one off for sure. | 我肯定不会再来这个了 |
[24:29] | Uh, I’m sorry for– I’m sorry. | 很抱歉… 对不起 |
[24:32] | Have a good night, Soph. I’m sorry. Bye. | 晚安 小菲 很抱歉 再见 |
[24:35] | Kevin, wait. I– | 凯文 等等 我… |
[24:38] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[24:40] | I’m only asking ’cause, when you broke up with me, | 我这么问是因为你和我分手后 |
[24:43] | I just spent a lot of time wondering if you were okay. | 我很长一段时间都在想你还好不好 |
[24:47] | I also wanted to kill you. | 我也很想杀了你 |
[24:49] | It was like 50% wondering, | 大概50%在担心 |
[24:51] | 50% wanting to kill. | 50%想杀了你 |
[24:56] | More like 70/30. | 还是三七分更准确 |
[24:58] | 70% wondering if I was okay and 30% wanting to kill me? | 70%担心我 30%想杀了我吗 |
[25:01] | No. | 不是 |
[25:03] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[25:09] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[25:11] | Okay, good. | 那就好 |
[25:16] | Can we go get a coffee? | 咱们去喝杯咖啡好吗 |
[25:19] | I’m engaged. | 我订婚了 |
[25:24] | Well, then, a coffee should be safe. | 那喝杯咖啡没关系吧 |
[25:44] | Hi. You’ve reached Beth Pearson. | 你好 我是贝丝·皮尔森 |
[25:45] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[25:56] | 我到邓肯家了 你快到了吗 在车里等你 我们一起进去 到了吗 8:20了 我先进去吗 | |
[26:09] | Hi. You’ve reached Beth Pearson. | 你好 我是贝丝·皮尔森 |
[26:11] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[26:13] | I’ve called you four times, Beth. | 我给你打了四通电话 贝丝 |
[26:16] | What, did you turn your phone off | 怎么 你故意关机 |
[26:17] | so you wouldn’t have to deal with me | 就可以放我鸽子 |
[26:19] | while you’re busy standing me up? | 不用和我解释吗 |
[26:23] | You know, if you had told me | 要是你跟我说 |
[26:25] | something was this important to you, | 某件事对你特别重要 |
[26:27] | Heaven and Earth couldn’t have stopped me from being there. | 那任何事情都阻拦不了我帮你 |
[26:30] | But maybe that’s the difference between us. I don’t know. | 可能这就是我们之间的区别 我也不知道 |
[26:32] | I hope it was worth it. Okay? | 我希望你这样做值得 好吗 |
[26:35] | I hope you’re off having fun talking about | 希望你跟别人聊如何 |
[26:37] | how to teach bored housewives how to twirl better. | 教一帮无聊的主妇转圈圈聊得愉快 |
[26:41] | Grow the hell up, Beth. | 能不能成熟一点 贝丝 |
[26:55] | – Are you okay? – Oh, yeah. Yeah. | -你还好吗 -嗯 很好 |
[26:57] | I’m just… taking it all in. | 我只是… 在享受这一切 |
[27:03] | Come on, guys! We got to hurry! | 快点 我们得快点 |
[27:05] | Go faster! We don’t want to get caught! | 利索点 我们可不能被发现了 |
[27:08] | – Come on, Sophie, throw one. – I don’t want to. | -来啊 索菲 扔一个 -我不想 |
[27:12] | Please? | 求你了 |
[27:14] | So, your fiancé, this Grant, | 你的未婚夫 格兰特 |
[27:16] | uh, does he work at the hospital as well? | 他也在医院工作吗 |
[27:18] | He’s a kindergarten teacher. | 他是个幼儿园老师 |
[27:19] | I met him at my friend Allison’s birthday party. | 我们是在我朋友艾莉森的生日会上认识的 |
[27:23] | Allison. I remember Allison. She’s the one that hates me. | 艾莉森 我记得她 讨厌我的那个 |
[27:25] | – No, that was Alicia. – Alicia hates me. | -那是艾莉西亚 -对 是艾莉西亚 |
[27:28] | Yeah. But now Allison hates you, too. | 但现在艾莉森也讨厌你 |
[27:30] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[27:32] | – Now everyone I know hates you. – Okay, fair enough. | -现在我认识的每个人都讨厌你 -说得通 |
[27:35] | Yeah, well, okay, go on, go on. | 好吧 继续刚才的话题 |
[27:38] | Uh, well, it was only, like, a month after we broke up. | 我们分手大概一个月以后 |
[27:41] | Uh, I wasn’t even gonna go to the party | 我当时还不想去参加派对 |
[27:43] | ’cause I was still in my, like, “Only wear sweatpants | 因为我还处于”穿着运动裤 |
[27:45] | and re-watch every episode of Friends” phase. | 重温《老友记》”的颓废期 |
[27:49] | But she convinced me, and… | 但她说服了我 然后… |
[27:52] | there was Grant, sitting at the piano, | 我看到格兰特坐在钢琴前 |
[27:55] | playing “She’s Always a Woman.” | 弹着《她永远是个女人》这首歌 |
[27:57] | He’s from Long Island, | 他来自长岛 |
[27:59] | so Billy Joel’s pretty much his god. | 所以比利·乔尔基本就算是他的信仰了 |
[28:01] | Yeah, of course. | 那是自然的 |
[28:02] | We locked eyes, and it was one of those | 我们四目相投 就是那种所谓的 |
[28:04] | stupid magical moments. | 不可思议的瞬间 |
[28:05] | And six months later, he put a ring on it. | 六个月以后 他就把戒指给我戴上了 |
[28:10] | It’s a beautiful ring. | 戒指很漂亮 |
[28:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:13] | So, you guys gonna have kids, or…? | 你们会生孩子吗 还是… |
[28:17] | Uh, I’m sorry, don’t answer that. | 抱歉 你不用回答 |
[28:18] | That’s none of my business. | 这不是我该管的事 |
[28:21] | It’s just, uh… | 只是… |
[28:24] | Well, um… | 好吧 |
[28:28] | Zoe doesn’t want kids. | 佐伊不想生小孩 |
[28:30] | Like, ever, and I’m, you know, I’m… | 以后也不想要 我… |
[28:34] | I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道我想要什么 |
[28:36] | But… I need to make a decision | 但是… 我必须在她决定 |
[28:40] | before she commits to spending… time with me. | 是否继续和我在一起之前做出选择 |
[28:44] | And… | 所以… |
[28:48] | I need to choose between a life without Zoe | 我得选择是要没有佐伊的生活 |
[28:50] | or a life without kids. | 还是没有孩子的生活 |
[28:52] | Right? Which really sucks for me | 对吧 这对我真的很难 |
[28:53] | because I’m bad at making choices. | 因为我很不会做决定 |
[28:56] | Yeah, well, that’s probably ’cause you’re not used to doing it. | 没错 这可能是因为你不习惯做选择 |
[29:00] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[29:02] | Kev, y-you always got it all. | 小凯 你总能得到你想要的 |
[29:05] | I mean, our entire lives, | 我们过去的生活中 |
[29:07] | you were able to get exactly what you wanted | 你只需靠做你自己就能得到 |
[29:09] | just by being you. | 你想要的一切 |
[29:33] | What are you doing, Kevin? | 你在做什么 凯文 |
[29:35] | Now you’re stuck with me. | 这下我们永远在一起了 |
[29:49] | But this Zoe sounds like she’s really good for you. | 但听起来佐伊很适合你 |
[29:52] | – Yeah. – She got you to go to couples counseling. | -是的 -她居然说动你去做情感咨询 |
[29:54] | I mean, I couldn’t even get you to see Amélie. | 我都没法说服你看《天使爱美丽》 |
[29:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:00] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[30:05] | That’s the hospital. | 医院有事找我 |
[30:07] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[30:09] | Yeah? Okay. Okay. | 是吗 好的 |
[30:16] | S-Sophie. Hey, um… | 索菲 |
[30:20] | Kev… | 小凯 |
[30:23] | just… decide what you want. | 做你最想要的决定 |
[30:28] | You always get it. | 你总能如愿 |
[30:41] | Maya, you have outdone yourself with this meal. | 玛雅 您准备的这顿晚餐真是太美味了 |
[30:43] | They’re gonna have to wheel me into work tomorrow | 他们明天得用轮椅推着我 |
[30:45] | on a shopping cart. | 去工作了 |
[30:45] | Thank you, Randall. That’s what I aim for. | 谢谢 兰德尔 这正是我所期望的 |
[30:47] | Oh, thank you. Goodness. | 承蒙您的款待 |
[30:49] | We’ll pack a container for your wife. | 我们拿个盒子给你妻子打包吧 |
[30:52] | It’s a shame to let the entire lamb chop go to waste. | 让羊排白白浪费实在太可惜了 |
[30:55] | I’m sorry it was so last-minute. | 很抱歉她临时有事 |
[30:57] | She got stuck with work. | 工作上脱不开身 |
[31:01] | – Excuse me a moment. – Yes. | -失陪一下 -好的 |
[31:04] | So, Tom, your brother works with the city? | 汤姆 你兄弟在市政府工作吗 |
[31:06] | He’s general counsel for the mayor. | 他是市长的总顾问 |
[31:07] | He just started about a year or so ago, | 他大概一年之前才开始任职 |
[31:09] | but things are going really well for him right now. | 但现在他进展非常顺利 |
[31:10] | Look who I found at our doorstep. | 快看我在门口发现了谁 |
[31:13] | Hi, everyone. I’m so sorry I’m late. | 大家好 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[31:16] | Beth. Hi. | 贝丝 你好 |
[31:19] | I thought, I thought you weren’t coming. | 我还以为你不过来了 |
[31:20] | Are you kidding me? I was trying like a madwoman to get here. | 你开玩笑吧 我使劲浑身解数赶过来 |
[31:23] | There was an accident on 95 and traffic was at a standstill. | 95大街出了交通事故 堵得水泄不通 |
[31:26] | Then my phone died, so it was the perfect storm. | 然后我手机没电了 真是倒霉透顶 |
[31:29] | Oh, you poor thing. | 真可怜 |
[31:30] | Riesling or cabernet? | 你想喝白葡萄酒还是红葡萄酒 |
[31:32] | I have to choose? | 我还得选吗 |
[31:34] | You know what, if you could direct me to your restroom | 您可以带我去下洗手间 |
[31:36] | – and then maybe a phone charger. – Baby, I got one in my car. | -再借我用下充电器吗 -我车里有 |
[31:38] | – I can give it to you later. – Oh, no problem. | -我一会给你 -没关系 |
[31:39] | We’ve got them all over the place. | 我们这里到处都有 |
[31:41] | – Hon, follow me. – Oh, thanks. Excuse me. | -请跟我来 -谢谢 失陪一下 |
[31:43] | Yes. | 好的 |
[32:04] | They got everything they needed. | 他们取好需要的东西了 |
[32:07] | He’s sleeping. | 他在睡觉 |
[32:10] | Poor guy needs a rest. | 可怜的小家伙需要休息 |
[32:14] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[32:16] | I’m sorry I left like that. | 很抱歉我刚刚就那样走了 |
[32:19] | It’s okay. No big deal. | 没关系 不重要 |
[32:23] | No, it is a big deal. | 不 这很重要 |
[32:27] | I’ve been letting you down, | 我一直让你失望 |
[32:28] | and I need you to admit that it sucks. | 我希望你承认这样不好 |
[32:35] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[32:42] | I guess I… I feel like I’m doing this alone, | 我觉得我总是一个人做这些 |
[32:45] | and it sucks. | 感觉很不好 |
[32:50] | When I look at him… | 我看着他的时候… |
[32:55] | …all I can see is tubes and tape | 我只能看到管子 胶带 |
[33:00] | and needles and pain. | 针头 还有疼痛 |
[33:05] | But when you look at him, you see our son, | 但你看着他的时候 你看到的是我们的儿子 |
[33:07] | and you know exactly how to take care of him. | 你知道怎么去照顾他 |
[33:09] | And I have no idea how you do that. | 我都不知道你是怎么做到的 |
[33:14] | When I look at Jack, I am scared as hell | 当我看着小杰克 看到他身上的 |
[33:18] | of his tubes and his tape, too. | 管子和胶带我也怕得要死 |
[33:21] | But then I look at his eyes, and I-I see that | 但当我看着他的眼睛 我发现 |
[33:24] | his left is just a tiny smidge bigger than his right, | 他的左眼比右眼稍微大一点点 |
[33:28] | like yours. | 跟你一样 |
[33:30] | And when I see the little tiny crease above his chin, | 当我看到他下巴上的小褶皱 |
[33:32] | like mine, | 和我的一样 |
[33:34] | I see us. I see us. | 我看到了我们 看到了我们 |
[33:39] | And he’s tiny. | 可是他实在太小了 |
[33:41] | And it is scary. | 这确实很吓人 |
[33:46] | But, Tobe… we made him. | 但是 小托 我们生下了他 |
[33:51] | You and me. | 我和你 |
[33:57] | What if I’m just not cut out for any of this? | 如果我还没准备好面对这一切怎么办 |
[34:03] | Tobe, you are. | 小托 你已经准备好了 |
[34:07] | And I believe that so much that I’m going to take a shower. | 我非常相信这一点所以我要去冲个澡 |
[34:11] | – That’s weird. – No. | -这逻辑太诡异了 -哪有 |
[34:13] | It’s necessary. | 我必须去冲澡 |
[34:14] | I mean, it’s been days since I’ve showered, | 我是说 我上次冲澡已经是好几天前的事了 |
[34:17] | and it’s getting funky, so… | 我已经发臭了 所以 |
[34:21] | – I’m gonna leave you here alone. Okay? – Okay. | -你要自己待在这了 可以吗 -好的 |
[34:24] | And you’re gonna be great. You don’t have to do anything. | 你一定会很棒的 你不需要做任何事情 |
[34:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[34:29] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -别担心 -好的 |
[34:30] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我爱你 |
[34:47] | That sounds beautiful. | 那听起来真是太棒了 |
[34:48] | You… you get your phone back on? | 你 你手机开机了吗 |
[34:49] | It’s charging. | 还在充电呢 |
[34:52] | How’s everybody liking Maya’s purple sweet potato cheesecake? | 大家都喜欢玛雅的紫薯芝士蛋糕吗 |
[34:55] | Oh, it is delicious, Maya. | 非常好吃 玛雅 |
[34:57] | – I would love the recipe, if you’d share it. – Absolutely. | -如果你愿意分享食谱我很想学 -当然了 |
[34:59] | When you gonna have time to start making cheesecake | 你现在怎么会突然有时间 |
[35:01] | all of a sudden now? | 打算做芝士蛋糕了 |
[35:02] | I’d eat my hat if Marcus had time to make cheesecake. | 如果马可斯有时间做芝士蛋糕我就把帽子吃了 |
[35:06] | Are you much of a baker, Beth? | 你喜欢烘焙吗 贝丝 |
[35:08] | Uh, I’m more of a tear open a bag of Oreos kind of gal. | 我更像是那种撕开奥利奥就开吃的人 |
[35:12] | More coffee, anyone? | 有人想再来点咖啡吗 |
[35:13] | I’d love a refill, Maya. | 我还想再来一杯 玛雅 |
[35:17] | – You want some? – I’m good. | -你还想再来点吗 -不用了 |
[35:20] | Beth, Randall tells us that you used to work in urban planning. | 贝丝 兰德尔告诉我们你之前在做城市规划 |
[35:23] | It’s good for Randall to have someone, uh, | 兰德尔身边有你这样背景的人 |
[35:25] | with that type of background on his court, | 在身后支持他对他很有帮助 |
[35:27] | especially as he takes the reins of District 12. | 尤其是现在他接管了12区 |
[35:29] | Thank you, Marcus, but, uh, | 谢谢你 马可斯 但是 |
[35:32] | this man has enough brilliant ideas of his own. | 这个人本身的才能就已经足够了 |
[35:45] | – Have a safe drive home, you two. – Thank you, sir. | -你们俩开车回家注意安全 -谢谢您 |
[35:47] | I’m really looking forward to working with you. | 我非常期待能跟您共事 |
[35:56] | Beth, uh, before you get in your car and check your phone, | 贝丝 在你上车查看手机之前我想说 |
[36:00] | earlier, uh, when I thought you weren’t coming, | 早些时候 我以为你不会来了 |
[36:03] | uh, I left you a voice mail. | 所以我给你留了一条语音信息 |
[36:06] | I kind of went off. | 我当时脾气有点大 |
[36:07] | It’s not exactly my proudest moment. | 那个时候我绝对有些失态 |
[36:08] | I’d really appreciate if you just deleted the message. | 如果你能删除那条信息 我真地会非常感谢 |
[36:10] | You mean the one where you belittled me | 你是说那条尽情贬低我 |
[36:12] | and told me to grow the hell up? | 让我成熟点的信息吗 |
[36:14] | Yeah, I got it. | 是的 我听到了 |
[36:15] | After I gave up an important night with my new coworkers, | 我放弃了和我新同事联络感情的重要之夜 |
[36:18] | then sat nearly three hours in traffic, | 然后堵了将近三个小时的车赶来 |
[36:19] | then endured a three-hour dinner, | 还忍受了一个长达三小时的晚餐 |
[36:22] | because, “Sure, I’d love a refill, Maya.” | 就为了一句”没错 再来一杯 玛雅” |
[36:24] | – Beth… – You know what, Randall, | -贝丝 -你知道吗 兰德尔 |
[36:25] | you still have that cot at your office? | 你办公室的折叠床还在吧 |
[36:28] | You should go sleep on it. | 你今晚应该去那睡 |
[36:30] | And take this weird-ass purple cheesecake with you. | 把这个丑到爆的紫薯芝士蛋糕也带走 |
[36:42] | Hey, Zoe? | 佐伊 |
[36:47] | So, here’s the thing. | 听着 是这样的 |
[36:49] | If I have to choose between a life with you | 如果要我在和你一起生活还是 |
[36:52] | and a life with kids, it’s no contest. | 和孩子一起生活中选择 我不用纠结 |
[36:56] | I choose you. | 我选择你 |
[37:03] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:06] | Really sure? | 真的确定吗 |
[37:08] | – If you need more time… – I choose you. | -如果你想再考虑考虑 -我选择你 |
[37:19] | It’s you. Final answer. | 绝对是你 最终答案 |
[37:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:31] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:43] | Does it make you sad that you never went to a dance? | 你从没去过舞会这件事会让你难过吗 |
[37:46] | Come on, of course not. No. | 说什么傻话 当然不会了 没有 |
[37:55] | You know, I think this is a little dated | 你知道吗 我觉得这首歌对于涅槃这代来说 |
[37:57] | for Generation Nirvana. | 可有一点过时了 |
[38:00] | Did you request it? | 是你去点的吗 |
[38:04] | For you. | 给你点的 |
[38:09] | Jack, would you, uh… | 杰克 你愿意… |
[38:13] | I don’t know, maybe want to dance with me? | 我不知道 你也许想和我跳支舞吗 |
[38:24] | – This is ridiculous. – Maybe. | -这太可笑了 -可能吧 |
[38:38] | You know, being here doesn’t make me sad. | 其实来这里并不会让我难过 |
[38:41] | In fact, if anything, it makes me amazed. | 实际上 我会有一点惊喜的感觉 |
[38:49] | The kids, they have such a normal upbringing, | 因为孩子们 他们有这么正常的成长环境 |
[38:52] | and that’s because of you. | 这都是因为你 |
[38:56] | I mean, I don’t have any of this in my back pocket. | 这些话绝对不是我事先打好的草稿 |
[39:00] | You know, n-no good childhood memories to go off of, | 你知道的 我儿时的记忆并不怎么美好 |
[39:03] | so I’m just kind of making things up as I go along. | 所以我基本上都是走一步看一步 |
[39:05] | But you… you do all this so well. | 但你 你把一切都规划得井井有条 |
[39:10] | It’s all so effortless. | 一切都很轻松 |
[39:13] | And I think things are gonna be effortless for them, too, | 所以我觉得他们的未来也会这么轻松 |
[39:15] | because of you. | 因为有你 |
[39:18] | Anyway, that… | 反正这… |
[39:20] | that’s mainly what I’m feeling. | 这差不多就是我的感觉 |
[39:21] | I’m just– I’m amazed by you. | 我只是 你让我很惊喜 |
[39:24] | Well, I’m in love with you. | 这没什么 我很爱你呀 |
[39:32] | Hey, do you think, if you and I had gone to school together, | 如果我和你是同学的话 |
[39:37] | that we would’ve liked each other? | 你觉得我们俩还会相爱吗 |
[39:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:45] | The girl with bows in her hair | 一个头上别着蝴蝶结的女孩 |
[39:47] | and the boy who got in his first fistfight | 和一个八岁就开始 |
[39:49] | – when he was eight years old? – Mm-hmm. | -打架斗殴的男孩 -没错 |
[39:52] | I think I might have been | 我觉得对你来说 |
[39:54] | too big a Goody Two-shoes for you. | 我可能有点太假正经了 |
[39:59] | – You know what I think? – Hmm? | -你知道我怎么想的吗 -怎么想的 |
[40:01] | I think, if I saw you in high school, | 我觉得 如果我在高中看到你 |
[40:04] | everything else would just disappear. | 那我的眼睛就只能看到你了 |
[40:11] | All of a sudden, none of it would have mattered, | 突然之间 其它一切事情都不再重要 |
[40:13] | not my dad’s drinking or my parents fighting. | 无论是我爸的酗酒还是家暴的问题 |
[40:17] | I would have walked right up to you and said… | 我会直接走向你 然后对你说 |
[40:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[40:25] | And that would’ve been it. | 然后顺其自然走到今天 |
[40:28] | Happily ever after. | 从此以后过着幸福的日子 |
[40:32] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[40:34] | – Just like that? – Just like that. | -就像那样 -就是那样 |
[40:39] | What about our kids? | 那我们的孩子们呢 |
[40:42] | What do you think their “Happily ever after” | 你觉得他们的幸福结局 |
[40:44] | is gonna look like? | 会是什么样子的 |
[41:04] | 凯文·皮尔森 比利·乔尔 | |
[41:06] | 比利·乔尔 给你和格兰特送上前排票 恭喜你们订婚 简直太为你开心了 祝一切都好 凯文 | |
[41:27] | Hi, button. | 你好啊 小纽扣 |
[41:32] | Toby, you ready? | 托比 你准备好了吗 |
[41:37] | Yeah. | 准备好了 |
[41:38] | – Yeah. Okay. You sure? – Yeah. | -好吧 你确定吗 -确定 |
[41:47] | Jack, this is your dad. | 杰克 这是爸爸 |
[42:13] | I’m not sleeping in Philadelphia, Beth. | 我不要在费城睡觉 贝丝 |
[42:15] | We can’t keep simmering like this forever. | 我们不能一直这样互相埋怨 |
[42:17] | Fine, you want to do this right now? | 很好 你想现在就讲清楚 |
[42:18] | Let’s do this. Close the door. | 我们来讲清楚 把门关上 |