时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | Do you want to go on a drive? | 你想出去开车兜兜风吗 |
[00:04] | Where do you want to go? | 你想去哪里 |
[00:06] | Los Angeles. | 洛杉矶 |
[00:08] | My mom says I’m nuts for doing this with a guy I barely know. | 我妈说我简直疯了 和一个刚认识的男人出远门 |
[00:11] | We’ve known each other a whole week. | 我们已经认识整整一周了 |
[00:14] | So, keep in touch. | 保持联络 |
[00:15] | Definitely keep us posted on what you’re up to. | 你在哪里演出一定要告诉我们 |
[00:17] | He said that I was “Pittsburgh good,” | 他们说我在匹兹堡算好的 |
[00:20] | which I’ve decided to take as a compliment. | 我决定把这当作一种夸奖 |
[00:27] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |
[01:00] | We’re home. | 到家了 |
[01:08] | How long have I been out? | 我睡了多久 |
[01:09] | Just a little while. | 就一会儿 |
[01:13] | So… | 好… |
[01:16] | great third date. | 第三次约会很不错 |
[01:17] | I thought so. | 我也这样觉得 |
[01:21] | Isn’t it crazy? | 是不是很神奇 |
[01:23] | How, just a couple weeks ago, | 就是 几周前 |
[01:25] | I was a girl singing at a bar and… | 我还只是个普通的酒吧女驻唱 |
[01:28] | I locked eyes with a cute guy… | 然后跟一个帅哥对视… |
[01:30] | No. No, no, not you. | 不 不是你 |
[01:32] | There was another guy there, and then he left. | 当时还有另外一个男生 后来他走了 |
[01:34] | And I saw you | 然后我看到了你 |
[01:35] | and I was like, “He’ll do.” | 我就想 “他也行吧” |
[01:36] | Okay, yeah. No, I got it. | 好 我明白 |
[01:40] | It’s so strange, isn’t it? | 是不是很奇怪 |
[01:43] | How, just like that, | 就这样 |
[01:44] | a complete stranger can become | 一个纯粹的陌生人 |
[01:46] | such a big part of your story. | 可以在你的故事里变得如此重要 |
[02:01] | It’s actually kind of terrifying, you know? | 甚至还有点可怕 你说呢 |
[02:05] | How a single cross with one person | 只是跟一个从未见过面的人 |
[02:07] | you’ve never met can change… | 产生了一次交集 然后… |
[02:09] | everything. | 一切都变了 |
[02:13] | – What’s up? – Malik. What’s up, man? | -来了 -马利克 过得怎么样 |
[02:15] | – What’s up, man? – You good? | -你好啊 兄弟 -过得好吗 |
[02:16] | – Come on in here. Come on. – I see you, I see you. | -快进来吧 来吧 -回见 回见 |
[02:17] | Let’s go. | 来啊 |
[02:20] | All right, I’m stalling. | 好了 我在拖时间 |
[02:22] | ‘Cause I don’t want to get out of this car. | 因为我不想下车 |
[02:27] | Which is odd for me, | 还挺反常的 |
[02:28] | ’cause it’s usually the… | 因为一般来说 |
[02:31] | bad-boy musicians I like | 改变我人生的陌生人 |
[02:33] | when it comes to life-changing strangers. | 基本是我喜欢的玩音乐的坏男孩 |
[02:50] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:54] | Uh, just so you know, | 我跟你说一声 |
[02:55] | I am gonna play it cool here, | 我会走高冷风格 |
[02:57] | so don’t expect to get a phone call | 所以你别指望 |
[02:58] | – from me right away. – Oh, yeah. | -很快会接到我的电话 -好的 |
[03:00] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[03:01] | Yeah, I-I got a pretty full plate, | 而且我日程安排挺满的 |
[03:03] | to be honest. | 说实话 |
[03:04] | I got to find a job, | 我得找工作 |
[03:05] | – couch to crash on, so I… – Yeah. | -找个住的地方 所以… -好 |
[03:07] | I wouldn’t expect you to hear from me | 我应该也不会很快联系你的 |
[03:09] | anytime soon. | 短期内不会 |
[03:10] | Or maybe ever again. | 甚至永远不会 |
[03:12] | – It’s quite possible. – Yeah. | -这也很有可能 -好 |
[03:37] | I’m not calling you first. | 我不会先打给你的 |
[03:38] | I’m not calling you first. | 我也不会先打给你的 |
[04:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:11] | I called you first. | 我先打给你了 |
[04:14] | Couldn’t play it cool, huh? | 走不了高冷风格是吗 |
[04:15] | No, that’s never really been my thing. | 对 那一直以来就不是我风格 |
[04:20] | Hey, can I see you tomorrow? | 明天能见面吗 |
[04:21] | Yes. | 可以 |
[04:23] | That’s… that’s never really been my thing either. | 其实 高冷也不是我的风格 |
[04:28] | Oh, shoot. Tomorrow. | 完了 明天 |
[04:29] | I’m supposed to have dinner with my parents | 明天我得跟我爸妈 |
[04:31] | and their friends tomorrow. | 还有我爸妈的朋友一起吃晚餐 |
[04:32] | They want… | 他们想… |
[04:33] | proof of life. | 证明我活着 |
[04:35] | But you could come. | 不过你可以一起来 |
[04:38] | I mean, it’s at their country club, | 地点是在他们的乡村俱乐部 |
[04:40] | – so I don’t know if you’d want to… – Yeah. | -所以我不知道你愿不愿意… -好啊 |
[04:41] | No, I’ll… I’ll be there. | 没问题 我会去的 |
[04:44] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[04:47] | Great. | 太好了 |
[04:48] | Uh, you do have to wear a sport coat, | 要记得穿一件运动上衣 |
[04:49] | but they have a few there | 不过到时候那里也会有 |
[04:51] | if you want to just borrow one. | 如果你想就借一件的话 |
[04:53] | Mm, no. Nah, I’m… I’m set. | 不用了 我 我有 |
[04:57] | Um, hold on one second. | 等一下 |
[04:59] | I’m gonna go find the address for you. | 我去给你找一下地址 |
[05:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:18] | Cass. | 卡西 |
[05:19] | – Hey. Hey, guys. – Cassidy? | -大家 -卡西迪 |
[05:20] | Hey. Hey, Matty? | 马蒂呢 |
[05:21] | It-It’s just me. Matty couldn’t stay up any longer. | 只有我 马蒂没法熬夜等太久 |
[05:24] | He’s got school in the morning. But I pinky swore | 他早上要上学 不过我拉钩保证了 |
[05:26] | I’d ask if you got his Lightning McQueen. | 会问你给他买了闪电麦昆没 |
[05:28] | Yeah, I did. I did. You can tell him I did. | 是 我买了 你可以跟他说我买了 |
[05:34] | Sorry I haven’t called. | 抱歉我没打电话 |
[05:38] | Ryan, | 瑞安 |
[05:40] | I miss you guys like crazy. | 我想你们想得快疯了 |
[05:44] | First thing I want to do when this is over | 等这结束了 我想做的第一件事 |
[05:46] | is make breakfast with you and Matty. | 就是跟你和马蒂一起做早餐 |
[05:48] | We can have breakfast for dinner. | 我们可以把早餐当成晚餐 |
[05:49] | Remember when we used to do that all the time? | 还记得我们以前一直那么做 |
[05:55] | I think about that all the time lately. | 我最近一直想起这些 |
[05:57] | You know that, right? You know that… | 你知道的 对吗 你知道的 |
[05:59] | …even when we’re not talking, | 即使我们不聊天的时候 |
[06:01] | I think about you both all the time. | 我一直也想着你俩 |
[06:03] | Every minute. Every day. | 每一分钟 每一天 |
[06:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:06] | Sharp. | 夏普 |
[06:09] | Hey, babe, | 亲爱的 |
[06:10] | I got to go, okay? | 我得走了 |
[06:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:17] | Big kiss. | 大大的吻 |
[06:19] | All right. | 好了 |
[06:20] | Bye. | 再见 |
[07:01] | All right, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[07:02] | It’s your waistline. | 长胖别怪我 |
[07:07] | Oh, Sammy. | 萨米 |
[07:08] | Crap. No. Sammy, get back, get back. | 该死 不行 萨米 后退后退 |
[07:11] | Just stay. | 待着 |
[07:34] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[07:36] | Sir? Can I help you? | 先生 有什么可以帮你的吗 |
[07:38] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[07:39] | – I’m so sorry. – Oh, my God, why did you do that? | -抱歉 -我的天 你为什么要那么做 |
[07:41] | – Oh, I’m so… – Why would you touch me? | -我很 – 你为什么要碰我 |
[07:42] | I’m so sorry. I-I was just trying to get | 我很抱歉 我就是想 |
[07:44] | your attention. I-I… | 引起你的注意 我 |
[07:47] | O-Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:48] | – That scared me. -I’m totally kidding. | -那吓到我了 -我纯粹在开玩笑 |
[07:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:51] | But I’m starving. | 但我快饿死了 |
[07:52] | So if you could, like, show me to a table, | 如果你能给我安排一张桌子 |
[07:54] | that would be really, really cool. | 那就真的太好了 |
[07:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:58] | – Right this way. – Can you just… | -这边请 -你能 |
[07:59] | – Yeah. – Can you just | -当然 -你能… |
[08:00] | Yeah. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[08:03] | Bro, | 哥们儿 |
[08:04] | 20 minutes is too long for homeroom. | 在指导教室待20分钟也太久了 |
[08:06] | That’s all I’m saying. It’s got no purpose. | 我就说这么多 完全没意义 |
[08:08] | – They take roll in homeroom. – Roll? | -他们还要点名的 -点名 |
[08:10] | Roll? Hey, Malik, you here? | 点名啊 马利克 你听到了吗 |
[08:12] | – Here. – That took one second. | -听到了 -点名只需要一秒钟 |
[08:14] | And we’re going into junior year | 况且我们马上大三了 |
[08:15] | still losing 20 minutes to homeroom? | 还要在指导教室浪费20分钟吗 |
[08:17] | That’s all I’m saying. | 我就说这么多 |
[08:18] | Oh, that’s all you’re saying? Promise? | 你就说这么多吗 你保证 |
[08:21] | ‘Cause you say one more word, you’re giving me a dollar. | 因为你要再多说一个字 就给我一块钱 |
[08:26] | That’s cool. | 算你厉害 |
[08:32] | Come on, man. Put the phone down. | 拜托 放下那个手机 |
[08:34] | You’re obsessed with her. | 你看她都看入迷了 |
[08:35] | If she was your girl, you’d be obsessed, too. | 如果她是你女儿 你也会入迷的 |
[08:38] | All right, guys, look, | 好吧 大家 听着 |
[08:39] | last kickback before school at my place tomorrow. | 明天在我家开学前最后玩一次 |
[08:42] | Malik, you coming? | 马利克 你来吗 |
[08:43] | My mom said we can invite girls, | 我妈说我们可以邀请女生 |
[08:44] | and I got you on grill duty. | 我给你安排了烤肉的任务 |
[08:46] | Maybe. | 可能会去 |
[08:47] | Maybe. I’ll see, I’ll see, I’ll see. | 可能吧 我要再看看 再看看 |
[09:06] | No promises on the kickback. | 没答应一定会去 |
[09:08] | But I got to get home. | 我得回家了 |
[09:09] | – All right. – Told Moms that | -好吧 -答应了我妈 |
[09:10] | I’d bring home some food, so… | 会带吃的回去 所以… |
[09:13] | – Okay. – Catch y’all later. | -好吧 -回见 |
[09:20] | Hey, Ma. | 妈 |
[09:21] | Got you a burger. | 我给你买了汉堡 |
[09:23] | No, no. Go away. | 不行 一边去 |
[09:35] | Not as good as yours, baby, but mmm! | 没有你做的好吃 宝贝 不过 |
[09:37] | Oh, yeah. I know. | 那当然 我知道 |
[09:39] | I’m going to go head upstairs… | 我要上楼去了 |
[09:42] | Don’t wake that baby. | 别叫醒宝宝 |
[09:43] | Can’t hear you. Too much food in your mouth. | 听不见 你嘴里食物太多了 |
[09:51] | What you doing up? | 你怎么还没睡 |
[09:55] | Hey, Janelle. | 你好 詹妮尔 |
[10:00] | I was watching you on my phone today. | 我今天一直在用手机看你 |
[10:11] | See, look. Look. | 看 你看 |
[10:13] | That’s you. | 这就是你 |
[10:16] | Aw. Aw, Janelle. | 詹妮尔 |
[10:17] | Come here. | 来抱抱 |
[10:21] | Oh, you’re getting heavy. | 你变重了 |
[10:23] | Long way from that NICU, huh? | 从重症监护室出来已经过了那么久 对吗 |
[10:26] | You know, Grandma said not to wake you up, but, uh… | 奶奶不让我把你吵醒 但是… |
[10:30] | Daddy trumps Grandma, doesn’t he? | 爸爸才不听奶奶的 对吧 |
[10:32] | Doesn’t he? Doesn’t he? | 是不是 是不是 |
[10:56] | Can I help you? | 您需要帮忙吗 |
[11:00] | Yeah. Um… | 是的 |
[11:02] | I’m looking for a suit. | 我想找一套西装 |
[11:09] | Can I get you anything else? Coffee…? | 您还需要什么吗 咖啡或者… |
[11:10] | – No. I’m good, thanks. – Okay. | -不用了 谢谢 -好 |
[11:12] | Wait. Come. Sit. | 等等 来 坐下 |
[11:14] | – Join me. – Oh, I, um… | -陪我坐一会 -其实我… |
[11:16] | Your shift is over, Lucy. | 你的轮班结束了 露西 |
[11:17] | I heard you say that to the other lady. | 我听到你对另一个女孩说的 |
[11:20] | Mm. Also heard her call you Lucy, | 我也是听到她叫你露西的 |
[11:21] | just so you know I’m not a stalker. | 我可不是什么跟踪狂 |
[11:25] | Come sit. | 来坐一会 |
[11:32] | This is amazing bacon here. | 这的培根真好吃 |
[11:34] | This is great for a hangover. | 最适合解宿醉了 |
[11:36] | Why are you hungover? | 你为什么会宿醉 |
[11:38] | I’m hungover, ’cause, last night, | 我宿醉是因为昨晚 |
[11:39] | I was writing a song | 我正在写歌 |
[11:41] | and… | 结果 |
[11:43] | I realized I completely suck | 我发现自己一无是处 |
[11:45] | and I’m gonna be playing cocktail lounges | 而且未来只能一辈子 |
[11:47] | and country clubs for the rest of my life. | 在餐馆和乡村俱乐部表演 |
[11:51] | You’re a musician? | 你是音乐家吗 |
[11:53] | I’m trying. | 我在努力 |
[11:56] | It’s bright in here. | 这里挺亮的 |
[11:59] | – How do you… – I can see some light. | -你怎么 -我能看到点光 |
[12:00] | Just a little. And, um… | 只有一点 还有 |
[12:03] | and really, really blurry shapes | 还有非常非常模糊的轮廓 |
[12:06] | but nothing clearly. | 但看不清楚 |
[12:09] | I’ve been here a few times, | 我来过这里几次 |
[12:10] | but never for breakfast. | 但从没来吃过早餐 |
[12:12] | Can you describe it for me? | 你能把这给我描述一下吗 |
[12:14] | The restaurant? | 这餐馆吗 |
[12:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:17] | Yeah, it’s, uh… | 好 这是… |
[12:20] | it’s one of those diners | 这是一家 |
[12:21] | that will… never change. | 一成不变的小餐馆 |
[12:24] | It’s not what I would open. | 不是我会开的那种 |
[12:26] | I’m a chef. | 我是个厨师 |
[12:27] | Or… I want to be a chef, I should say. | 或者说 我想成为一名厨师 |
[12:31] | But it’s… | 但这里 |
[12:34] | warm here, you know? It’s… | 很温暖 这里 |
[12:37] | The food is warm, the people are warm, | 食物是温热的 人们也很热情 |
[12:39] | the room is literally always warm, | 房间当然也确实很暖和 |
[12:41] | even when it’s super cold out. | 尽管外面寒风刺骨 |
[12:43] | Yeah. | 可不是 |
[12:51] | May I? | 你介意吗 |
[12:57] | Sure. | 没事 |
[13:14] | Damn. | 糟糕 |
[13:20] | I think I’ll have another cup of coffee. | 我还想再来杯咖啡 |
[13:27] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[13:31] | She sleep through the night? | 她一整晚都没醒吗 |
[13:33] | – Not really. – ‘Cause you woke her. | -没有 -因为你把她弄醒了 |
[13:35] | Told you not to, and you woke her. | 跟你说了别那么做 你却不听 |
[13:37] | – Would you leave him alone, woman? – “Woman”? | -能别再烦他了吗 女人 -“女人” |
[13:40] | I’m sorry, you plan on kissing me | 抱歉 你今天不会还 |
[13:42] | with that mouth today? | 想用这张嘴吻我吧 |
[13:44] | That is definitely the plan, yeah. | 我就是这么想的 没错 |
[13:48] | Grandma and Grandpa are cheesy as hell. | 爷爷奶奶可真肉麻 |
[13:50] | We’ve earned our cheese, thank you kindly. | 肉麻我们也乐意 谢谢夸奖 |
[13:54] | I’m working the night shift at the hotel tonight, Malik. | 我今晚在酒店上晚班 马利克 |
[13:56] | Be home by 5:00. | 五点前回家 |
[13:57] | 5:00? | 五点 |
[13:58] | Yes, I know all about Andre’s barbecue. | 对 我知道安德鲁要开烧烤聚会 |
[14:01] | You’re watching the baby. Welcome to responsibility. | 可你要照顾宝宝 欢迎来到承担责任的世界 |
[14:04] | Don’t start. Now, go to work. | 别发牢骚 赶紧去干活 |
[14:06] | Both of you. | 你俩都是 |
[14:09] | Promise to shine that beautiful light of yours | 答应我 今天你要向全世界展现出 |
[14:11] | onto the world today? | 你阳光迷人的笑容 |
[14:16] | What about you, husband? | 你呢 老公 |
[14:19] | For you? | 为了你 |
[14:20] | I’ll give it everything I got. | 我会尽我所能 |
[14:25] | Yeah, cheesy as hell. | 甜得发齁 |
[14:33] | You don’t need a suit for a country club. | 去乡村俱乐部没必要穿正装 |
[14:37] | Navy sports coat is a much better play. | 海军蓝西装夹克是个更好的选择 |
[14:40] | It’ll get you anywhere. | 那是百搭的 |
[14:42] | – Yeah. – Mark my words, | -是啊 -记住我的话 |
[14:44] | you will be sleeping in this. | 你会连睡觉都舍不得脱下来 |
[14:46] | Looks good. Fits you perfect. | 看起来不错 很适合你 |
[14:50] | You know, I… I just got back from ‘Nam, | 是这样 我刚从越南回来 |
[14:54] | and… | 而且 |
[14:56] | haven’t quite landed a job yet, so… | 还没找到稳定的工作 所以… |
[14:59] | Oh, uh, yeah, I get it. | 嗯 我明白 |
[15:01] | Yeah. Somehow my number didn’t get called. | 嗯 不知怎么着我没被征兵 |
[15:04] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[15:06] | Puerto Rican kid whose number doesn’t get called. | 波多黎各的小孩没被征兵 |
[15:08] | You ever hear of something so crazy? | 你听过这么不可思议的事情吗 |
[15:13] | Look, we’re not, uh… | 听我说 我们不… |
[15:16] | we’re not tailoring this thing, right? | 我们不会专门订做这种衣服 |
[15:20] | So why don’t you take it, tuck the tag up in the sleeve | 要不你先拿着 穿的时候把标签塞进袖子里 |
[15:23] | when you wear it, and bring it back next week. | 然后下周再拿回来 |
[15:25] | Really? | 可以吗 |
[15:27] | This girl, she’s worth it? | 这个女孩 值得吗 |
[15:31] | Oh, man, she’s like no one you’ve ever seen. | 老兄 你从未见过像她那样的女孩 |
[16:07] | – Lasher. – Roger that. | -拉舍 -收到 |
[16:09] | – Waters. You’re with me. – I got it. | -瓦特斯 你跟着我 -好的 |
[16:12] | All right, guys, listen up. | 各位 听好了 |
[16:14] | Go ahead and set up a cordon around the building. | 在大楼周围设置警戒线 |
[16:19] | As-salaam alaikum. | 你好 |
[16:20] | Wa-alaikum-salaam. | 你好 |
[16:39] | Lasher. | 拉舍 |
[16:40] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[16:42] | – Put a guy at the door. – Ortiz! | -安排一个人守在门口 -奥提斯 |
[16:44] | Post up here. | 在这里守着 |
[16:46] | We’re losing daylight. | 马上就要天黑了 |
[16:48] | I’m not gonna have my guys in a row | 我不会让我的人半夜守在 |
[16:50] | in the middle of the night in IED country. | 充满着自制爆炸装置的国家里 |
[16:51] | You got five minutes. | 你只有五分钟 |
[16:57] | Asmaan, you promised me a photo of Mohammad Nadir. | 阿斯曼 你答应给我穆罕默德·纳迪尔照片的 |
[17:01] | I haven’t received anything. | 但我什么都没收到 |
[17:02] | I haven’t even heard from you. | 我甚至都没你的音信 |
[17:10] | She says she’s nervous. People are watching her. | 她说她很紧张 大家都紧盯着她 |
[17:12] | – She’s scared. – I know. You need to think about your child. | -她很害怕 -我知道 你得想想你孩子 |
[17:17] | Tell her to look at me, not you, when she speaks. | 叫她说话的时候看着我 不是看着你 |
[17:23] | Nadir, the bomb maker, | 纳迪尔 炸弹制造者 |
[17:24] | I need his photo. The longer we are here, | 我需要他的照片 我们在这里待得越久 |
[17:26] | the more danger we are all in. | 我们就越危险 |
[17:35] | If this dog keeps barking, I’m gonna shoot it. | 如果这只狗继续叫 我就毙了它 |
[17:37] | You’re not gonna do anything till I tell you to, Marine. | 我叫你行动之前你什么都别做 马林 |
[17:39] | We had a deal. | 我们说好了的 |
[17:41] | An immigrant visa and an expedited process. | 移民签证和快速通道 |
[17:43] | If I leave here without that photo, | 如果我空手而归 |
[17:46] | you get nothing. | 你什么都拿不到 |
[17:49] | – Sergeant. – I see ’em. | -上士 -我看到他们了 |
[17:53] | Echo Main, this is One Bravo, | 总指挥部 这里是B组1队 |
[17:54] | Be advised ISR spotted 12 military-age males | 注意 安全识别范围内发现12名军龄男性 |
[17:57] | moving towards your location, possibly enemy QRF. | 正在向你移动 多半是敌军快速反应部队 |
[18:00] | How copy? | 如何应对 |
[18:05] | She’s asking for water for the village. | 她要求给村子供水 |
[18:07] | That’s more than fair. I can get water for the village. | 这要求不过分 我会为村子搞到水 |
[18:09] | All right, Asmaan, I need you to calm down that baby. | 好了 阿斯曼 我需要你去安抚那个婴儿 |
[18:12] | Hey, Sharp! Wrap it up! | 夏普 该走了 |
[18:18] | Asmaan, there’s no more time. | 阿斯曼 没时间了 |
[18:20] | I’m a mother, too. | 我也是位母亲 |
[18:22] | I have a son– I would do anything to protect him. | 我有一个儿子 我愿意做任何事去保护他 |
[18:25] | Anything. Just like you. | 任何事 和你一样 |
[18:27] | Your patients here, they are mothers and they are children. | 你的病人在这里 他们也是母亲和孩子 |
[18:30] | Nadir is a murderer. | 纳迪尔是谋杀犯 |
[18:31] | He is hiding amongst you. | 他藏在我们之中 |
[18:34] | You give me that photo, | 你把照片给我 |
[18:35] | or the entire village pays, including your child. | 不然整个村庄都会付出代价 包括你的孩子 |
[18:38] | Look at me. Stay with me. | 看着我 听我说 |
[18:40] | Hey, look at me! | 看着我 |
[18:42] | Do you think I’m playing? | 你觉得我在闹着玩吗 |
[18:44] | Do you hear me? | 你明白吗 |
[18:46] | You have five seconds. | 给你五秒钟 |
[18:48] | Five. | 五 |
[18:50] | Four. | 四 |
[18:52] | Three. | 三 |
[18:53] | Two. | 二 |
[19:00] | Okay, give it to me. | 好 给我 |
[19:05] | We’ll be in touch about the visa. | 签证的事我们再联系 |
[19:06] | – Water? – And the water. | -水呢 -还有水 |
[19:10] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[19:13] | All right! Let’s mount up! | 好了 出发 |
[19:43] | Um, I want to, | 我也想 |
[19:44] | but there are eyes everywhere. | 但这里到处都是人 |
[19:46] | – Okay, got it. – Okay, | -好 明白 -好 |
[19:48] | so, it’s my parents and their best friends. | 那里坐着的是我父母和他们最好的朋友 |
[19:49] | My mom is… tough, | 我妈…很难搞 |
[19:51] | I’m not gonna lie, but my dad | 我不准备骗你 但我爸 |
[19:53] | saves all, and he’s gonna absolutely love you. | 人超级好 他肯定会喜欢你的 |
[19:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:57] | I like your jacket, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我喜欢你的外套 |
[19:59] | Oh, this old thing? | 这件旧衣服吗 |
[20:01] | Oh, and I did tell them, under no circumstances | 我还告诉他们 无论如何 |
[20:04] | are they to bring up anything about Vietnam, so… | 都不能提起越南 所以… |
[20:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:09] | Everyone… | 各位… |
[20:11] | this is the famous Jack. | 这位就是有名的杰克了 |
[20:13] | Famous or infamous? | 有名的还是声名狼藉的 |
[20:15] | Taking my daughter across the country | 认识我女儿才一周 |
[20:17] | just a week after meeting her seems to land… | 就带着她全国转悠 |
[20:20] | squarely in the infamous territory. | 到声名狼藉的地方 |
[20:23] | Well, now, honey, he took her for two weeks, | 好了 亲爱的 他带着她出去半个月 |
[20:25] | but he brought her back in one piece, | 但他把她完完整整带回来了 |
[20:27] | so he can’t be all bad. | 所以他没那么糟糕 |
[20:29] | Very nice to meet you, Jack. Sit, sit, please. | 很高兴认识你 杰克 坐 请坐 |
[20:31] | – Make yourself at home. – Thank you. | -跟在自己家一样 -谢谢 |
[20:36] | So… | 对了 |
[20:38] | I heard you just returned from Vietnam. | 我听说你刚从越南回来 |
[20:47] | It was just a little fender bender. | 就是个小交通事故 |
[20:49] | I can’t… I don’t know | 我不能… 我不知道 |
[20:50] | – how I’m going to pay. – Let me see what I can do. | -我怎样才能付得起维修的钱 -我看看 |
[20:52] | You pay what you can when you can. | 你什么时候有钱了 能拿多少拿多少 |
[20:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:00] | Haven’t you seen by the spot in a minute. | 有阵子没见到你了 |
[21:03] | Yeah, I been busy. | 我一直都很忙 |
[21:05] | Man, you’re a Boy Scout now. | 兄弟 你现在是童子军了 |
[21:07] | It’s all good. | 挺好的 |
[21:08] | The kid has your car in the back. | 你的车在后面那孩子那里 |
[21:10] | Custom work’s his department. | 定制工作由他负责 |
[21:12] | – All right. Good seeing you. – You, too. | -好 很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[21:25] | Yeah? | 进来 |
[21:26] | Sharp? | 夏普 |
[21:29] | Nadir came back to the village a few hours ago. | 纳迪尔几个小时前回到村子里 |
[21:32] | – Predator drone took him out. – What? | -掠夺者无人机把他带走了 -什么 |
[21:34] | I-I… thought the point was ID him, take him quietly. | 我… 我以为任务是确认他的身份 悄悄带走他 |
[21:38] | He’s just gonna be replaced in a week. | 他一周内就会被替代 |
[21:39] | Yeah. Well, headquarters seems to like to play Whac-A-Mole. | 是的 总部似乎喜欢做无用功 |
[21:43] | How many civilian deaths? | 有多少平民死亡 |
[21:45] | Eight dead, 12 or more so wounded. | 8人死亡 超过12人受重伤 |
[21:47] | Strike caught the back side of a building. | 导弹击中了楼的背面 |
[21:49] | We think bags of fertilizer were inside, | 我们怀疑楼里有很多肥料 |
[21:51] | because the blast radius wasn’t supposed to be so big. | 因为爆炸范围比预想的要大 |
[21:53] | Your asset survived. | 你的线人还活着 |
[21:55] | We’re working on a visa for her and her kid. | 我们在给她和她的孩子弄签证 |
[21:59] | Gunny. | 甘尼 |
[22:02] | I promised her water for the village. | 我答应过她会解决村子的用水 |
[22:05] | There’s no more village, Sharp. | 没有村子了 夏普 |
[22:20] | Hey, buddy. | 你好啊 哥们儿 |
[23:18] | *Could a stranger* | *有一个陌生人* |
[23:20] | *Ever end up* | *能够* |
[23:22] | *Being you* | *和你一样* |
[23:28] | *In the quiet way* | *以一种安静的方式* |
[23:31] | *You caught my eye* | *你吸引了我* |
[23:37] | *Caught enough to get you* | *吸引力大到让你* |
[23:40] | *Memorized* | *铭记* |
[23:45] | *Can one wrong turn* | *转错一个弯* |
[23:48] | *Give me new direction?* | *能让我转向一个新的方向吗* |
[24:00] | *Could a stranger* | *有一个陌生人* |
[24:04] | *Ever end up being you?* | *能够和你一样* |
[24:12] | *In the quiet way* | *以安静的方式* |
[24:15] | *You caught my eye* | *你吸引了我* |
[24:21] | *Caught enough to get you memorized* | *吸引力大到让你铭记* |
[24:28] | *I found my way, I found my way* | *我找到了 我找到了* |
[24:31] | *To you* | *奔向你的路* |
[24:36] | *I told the story* | *我讲了故事* |
[24:40] | *Before I knew the ending* | *结局揭晓之前* |
[24:44] | *I got an answer* | *我得到了答案* |
[24:47] | *Before I heard the question* | *听到问题之前* |
[24:53] | *How could a stranger* | *一个陌生人怎能* |
[24:55] | *Ever end up being you?* | *终将成为你* |
[25:00] | *And oh* | *然后* |
[25:02] | *In the quiet way…* | *以安静的方式* |
[25:05] | Sam wants to ask you something. | 小萨想问你点事 |
[25:07] | Oh, wait. Sorry. No. | 等等 抱歉 错了 |
[25:10] | I want to ask you something. | 是我想问你点事 |
[25:11] | *Enough to get you memorized* | *足以让你铭记* |
[25:16] | *I found my way, I found my way* | *我探寻到了方向 找到了人生的出口* |
[25:20] | *To you* | *那就是你* |
[25:24] | *Found my way* | *探寻我的方向* |
[25:25] | *I found my way* | *我找到了人生的出口* |
[25:28] | *To you.* | *就是你* |
[25:33] | Well, I will bet you anything that South Vietnam, | 我敢打包票 南越 |
[25:36] | Laos and Cambodia will all fall | 老挝和柬埔寨将全部 |
[25:38] | to the communists just like Ike said they would. | 变成共产主义 就跟艾克说得一样 |
[25:40] | I don’t recall hearing any congressional declaration. | 我可不记得听说过任何国会宣告 |
[25:43] | Wasn’t even a real war. | 甚至不算一场真正的战争 |
[25:45] | Honey? Stop. | 亲爱的 别说了 |
[25:47] | Enough. Enough war. | 够了 别说战争的事情了 |
[25:49] | Yuck. | 讨厌 |
[25:50] | Happier topics. | 换个更欢快的话题 |
[25:53] | So, Jack, it must be nice for you | 杰克 你能突发奇想 |
[25:55] | to just take off cross-country at a moment’s notice. | 来一场说走就走的全国旅行挺厉害啊 |
[25:57] | You must come from a wealthy family | 你们家一定挺富有吧 |
[26:00] | to fund all that wanderlust. | 才能资助起你的旅行癖吧 |
[26:03] | What do your parents do? | 你父母是做什么的 |
[26:10] | I’m sorry. Was that inappropriate? | 抱歉 我说错话了吗 |
[26:12] | Jack, looks like you took a little fire there. | 杰克 你似乎在领口弄上脏东西了 |
[26:20] | I should probably go clean this up. | 我可能需要去清理一下 |
[26:22] | The restroom is to the left. | 洗手间在左手边 |
[26:23] | – Do you need me to come show…? – No, no, no, no. I’m-I’m okay. | -需要我带你去吗 -不 不用 我可以 |
[26:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[26:32] | Dad? What the hell? | 爸爸 你在搞什么鬼 |
[26:37] | It’s good work, kid. | 干得漂亮 小子 |
[26:41] | Damn good. | 非常好 |
[26:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:51] | M-Mr. Castillo, look, I-I know you, um… | 卡斯提罗先生 我 我知道你 |
[26:53] | I know you have a business of your own, right, and, uh, | 我知道你有自己的生意 对吧 |
[26:56] | look, if you ever need anything… | 如果你有任何需要 |
[26:59] | You’re Darnell’s kid. | 你是达内尔的孩子 |
[27:02] | And Darnell’s kid and my business are not a fit. | 达内尔的孩子不适合做我的生意 |
[27:08] | Hey, look. | 听着 |
[27:10] | Yeah, yeah, I’m… I’m Darnell’s kid, but, uh… | 没错 我是达内尔的孩子 但是 |
[27:15] | man, um… | 大哥 |
[27:17] | I’m-I’m also raising a kid of my own, and, um… | 我还在养活自己的孩子 |
[27:22] | she’s special. | 她情况特殊 |
[27:24] | I-I’ve been looking up the best schools. | 我在给她找最好的学校 |
[27:27] | And it’s like ten K, | 学费要一万 |
[27:29] | ten K for pre-K. | 学前班要一万 |
[27:31] | I mean, my-my parents do fine, but, come on. | 我是说 我父母做得很好 但是 得了吧 |
[27:34] | Even you know they don’t do that fine. | 就连你也知道他们没那么好 |
[27:38] | I need to earn real money | 我需要赚一大笔钱 |
[27:41] | for her. | 为了养活她 |
[27:47] | I got your number. | 我有你电话号码 |
[27:49] | I’ll call you when you can grow a mustache. | 当你能留胡子时我会给你打电话 |
[28:13] | Breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[28:16] | Breathe, Jack. | 深呼吸 杰克 |
[28:20] | – Oh, so many… – Didn’t you work here once? | -有许多 -你不是在这工作过吗 |
[28:22] | I did. | 确实 |
[28:23] | Sorry. Sorry about that. | 抱歉 很抱歉中途离开 |
[28:25] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -没事了吗 -是的 |
[28:27] | To be honest, I’ve never had lobster. | 实话说 我从未吃过龙虾 |
[28:30] | Kind of got the best of me. | 让我有点难以应付 |
[28:35] | My parents don’t do much, ma’am, | 我父母的工作不伟大 女士 |
[28:37] | in answer to your question. | 作为你问题的回答 |
[28:41] | I mean, my dad– | 我是说 我父亲 |
[28:42] | he-he’s in door-to-door sales, | 他是做上门销售的 |
[28:44] | but mostly what my folks do is fight. | 但大多数时候我的父母只会吵架 |
[28:50] | He hits, she cries. | 父亲打母亲 母亲哭 |
[28:51] | That’s… that’s what they do. | 这就是他们每天的日常 |
[28:55] | I had, uh… | 我曾有… |
[28:57] | a little brother. | 一个弟弟 |
[29:02] | Basically raised him myself. | 可以算是我带大的 |
[29:05] | When he was l-little, | 在他很小的时候 |
[29:07] | he had this two-year phase | 他曾经有两年里 |
[29:10] | where he was convinced | 始终坚信着 |
[29:12] | there was a monster living in his closet. | 他的壁橱里住着一只怪物 |
[29:17] | I couldn’t convince him that there was no monster, | 我无法说服他 那里没有怪物 |
[29:19] | so instead, I would sit in front of his closet door, | 所以 我就坐在他的壁橱前 |
[29:22] | and I’d tell the monster stories. | 我会给怪物讲故事 |
[29:26] | I’d tell it bedtime stories | 给它讲睡前故事 |
[29:29] | until Nicky was convinced | 直到尼奇认为 |
[29:31] | that the monster had gone to sleep, | 怪物已经睡着了 |
[29:34] | and it wasn’t gonna bother him anymore. | 不会再来找他了 |
[29:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:40] | Of course, the monster wasn’t real, | 当然 怪物不是真的 |
[29:42] | but my brother’s fear– | 但我弟弟的恐惧… |
[29:46] | that was real. | 很真实 |
[29:50] | The sweat on his forehead was real. | 他额头上的汗很真实 |
[29:55] | My brother’s experience was real. | 他的感受也很真实 |
[30:00] | I lost my brother in Vietnam. | 我在越南失去了我弟弟 |
[30:08] | People died. | 死了许多人 |
[30:09] | People that I loved. | 我爱的人 |
[30:12] | So, due respect, | 所以 恕我直言 |
[30:14] | it may not seem like a real war back here, | 也许从这里看起来 那不像真正的战争 |
[30:18] | but I promise you, that war was very real | 但我向你们保证 那场战争非常真实 |
[30:21] | for those of us who were there. | 对于我们这些在场的人来说 |
[30:31] | I know… | 我知道… |
[30:34] | a stranger taking your daughter cross-country | 一个陌生人带着你们的女儿远行 |
[30:36] | might not have been your favorite thing. | 你们肯定不太乐意 |
[30:40] | And I’m sorry that was your first impression of me, but… | 很抱歉这是你们对我的第一印象 但是… |
[30:43] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[30:45] | You’ll get to know me. | 你们会慢慢了解我的 |
[30:47] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我就在这里 哪儿都不会去 |
[30:55] | I got to say, | 我得承认 |
[30:57] | I think I might be a lobster guy, Bec. | 我可能很爱吃龙虾 小贝 |
[31:40] | Been drinking? | 喝酒了 |
[31:43] | I needed a few after another day of looking for jobs. | 我需要喝几杯 又找了一天工作 |
[31:46] | Needed more than a few, actually. | 说实话 可能几杯都不够 |
[31:52] | At least you’re finally out, huh? | 至少你成功出门了 |
[31:53] | Yay for me. | 好棒哦 |
[32:00] | Did you drive home drunk? | 你是醉驾回来的吗 |
[32:03] | I don’t need a lecture. | 我不需要你给我说教 |
[32:06] | Well, hey, don’t have one prepared. | 好吧 我也没准备说教 |
[32:11] | Somehow I missed the last credit card statement. | 我不小心错过了上个月的信用卡还款日 |
[32:13] | We’re gonna have to pay a late fee. | 我们得付滞纳金了 |
[32:15] | Well, that’s because you keep piling the mail on the counter | 那是因为你一直把邮件堆在柜子上 |
[32:17] | even though I keep telling you not to. | 即使我一直告诉你不要这么做 |
[32:23] | I’m doing the best I can here, Cass. | 我在尽最大努力 卡西 |
[32:25] | I’m-I’m… I’m taking care of everything, | 我… 所有事情都是我在照顾 |
[32:28] | I’m practically raising Matty alone. | 我几乎是一个人在抚养马蒂 |
[32:31] | Must be nice to have it so easy. | 你轻轻松松一定很舒服吧 |
[32:33] | – Do you have any idea…? – No, no. I don’t. | -你知不知道… -不 我不知道 |
[32:35] | I don’t because you won’t talk to me. | 我不知道 因为你不肯跟我说 |
[32:36] | Mom? Mom, come here! I made a car out of Legos! | 妈妈 过来 我用乐高玩具做了一辆车 |
[32:39] | Matty, give me a second. Mommy just got home. | 马蒂 等一下 妈妈刚到家 |
[32:41] | Oh, and the, uh… the hot water heater broke again. | 还有… 热水器又坏了 |
[32:44] | – Again? – Mom, come on! | -又坏了 -妈妈 快点 |
[32:46] | – Come on, Mom! – Matty, please, come on. | -快点 妈妈 -马蒂 拜托 等一下 |
[32:47] | I asked about getting it replaced, but it’s expensive. | 我打听过怎么换新的 但是很贵 |
[32:50] | It’s 12 hundred bucks. | 1200美元 |
[32:52] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[32:53] | $1,200 for a water heater? | 一个热水器要1200美元 |
[33:00] | Mom? Mom?! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[33:04] | Mommy? Mommy? Mom! Mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 |
[33:12] | – Mom? – Stop! | -妈妈 -别吵了 |
[33:17] | Sor… | 对不起… |
[33:19] | Matty. | 马蒂 |
[33:22] | – Matty, I’m so sorry. I… – Um… no, no. | -马蒂 我很抱歉 我.… -别过来 |
[33:25] | Get out. | 出去 |
[33:27] | – I didn’t… I didn’t… – Just get out of this house. | -我不是… -你从这个家出去吧 |
[33:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:43] | I’m gonna go to the restroom, I’ll be right back. | 我去趟洗手间 马上回来 |
[33:45] | – I’ll get the coats. – Ok. | -我去拿外套 -好的 |
[33:47] | Young man, | 年轻人 |
[33:49] | you know, you walked in here tonight a bit of an underdog, | 你知道吗 你今晚出场时非常弱势 |
[33:53] | to put it mildly. | 委婉地说 |
[33:54] | But you had yourself quite an evening. | 但你表现得很好 |
[33:56] | You made a bunch of fans. | 争取到了不少粉丝 |
[33:59] | Thank you, sir. Just need the one. | 谢谢你 先生 我只需要那一位粉丝 |
[34:04] | You know, first year of her life, | 你知道吗 她出生的第一年 |
[34:07] | she only stopped crying if I held her. | 只有我抱着她 她才会不哭 |
[34:10] | Not her mother, not her sister. | 她妈妈抱不行 她姐姐抱也不行 |
[34:13] | Just me. | 只有我 |
[34:14] | And everyone would say “Oh, she’s a Daddy’s girl.” | 于是每个人都会说 “她真是爸爸的女儿” |
[34:18] | And I said “No. | 我说 “不” |
[34:20] | She is her daddy’s world.” | 她是她爸爸的全世界 |
[34:23] | Oh, and she still is. | 她现在还是 |
[34:27] | You’re a good man, Jack. | 你是个好人 杰克 |
[34:28] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[34:31] | I can also see a man who is carrying things with him. | 我也能看出来一个负重前行的人 |
[34:35] | And I can see a man | 我看到了一个 |
[34:36] | who is far more haunted than he wants to let on. | 不愿表露出来 但内心很有负担的人 |
[34:42] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[34:43] | I want more for her than you can offer, Jack. | 杰克 你给不了我想给她的 |
[34:47] | I will do everything I can to stop this. | 我会尽我所能阻止这一切 |
[34:50] | And make no mistake about this, son. | 而且你听好了 孩子 |
[34:53] | I’m a lot harder to beat than an imaginary monster in a closet. | 我比壁橱里的假想怪物更难打败 |
[34:59] | Oh, goodness, I barely ate, I was so nervous. | 天哪 我几乎没吃东西 我太紧张了 |
[35:02] | – Daddy, thank you. – Oh, you’re welcome. | -爸爸 谢谢你 -不客气 |
[35:04] | Oh, thank you for dinner. I love you to death, | 谢谢你的晚餐 我爱死你了 |
[35:06] | but Jack, can you take me to go get a burger, please? | 但是杰克 你能带我去买个汉堡吗 |
[35:08] | – Absolutely. – Okay. Good night, Dad. | -当然可以 -晚安 爸爸 |
[35:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[35:27] | Thanks for coming tonight. | 感谢你今晚能来 |
[35:30] | I-I know how boring this is for you, but… | 我知道这对你来说有多无聊 但是… |
[35:33] | No, of course. | 我应该做的 |
[35:39] | Sorry. I’m just… tired. | 对不起 我只是…累了 |
[35:43] | Well, yeah. I mean… | 好 我是说… |
[35:46] | we knew getting the restaurant off the ground | 我们很早就知道 让餐馆起步是最难的 |
[35:47] | would be the hardest part, but now that it’s up and running… | 但是现在它已经开业了… |
[35:50] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[35:54] | I’m-I’m sorry. My brain just short-circuited. Did…? | 抱歉 我的大脑刚短路了 你说… |
[35:56] | I’m six weeks pregnant. | 我怀孕六周了 |
[36:01] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[36:05] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[36:07] | Lucy, oh, my God. | 露西 天哪 |
[36:11] | I wanted to get my career sorted before… | 我想先让我的事业稳定下来… |
[36:15] | How the hell is this gonna work? | 我们该怎么办才好 |
[36:19] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[36:22] | Are you looking at me? I’m blind. | 你在看我吗 我瞎了看不到 |
[36:25] | I’m looking at you. | 我在看着你 |
[37:29] | What, you feeling your age, old man? | 怎么 觉得自己老了吧 老爹 |
[37:32] | Watch it. | 说话注意点 |
[37:37] | I see you roll your eyes | 每次你妈妈跟你提责任 |
[37:39] | every time your moms gets on you about responsibility. | 我都能看见你翻白眼 |
[37:42] | I get it. | 我理解你 |
[37:44] | Responsibility. | 责任 |
[37:48] | For me, it was always a pain in the ass word. | 我一直觉得这是个很讨厌的词 |
[37:52] | When I was young, it meant doing chores. | 我小时候 这个词意味着做家务 |
[37:53] | As I got older, it meant not getting to do | 随着年龄的增长 这个词意味着 |
[37:55] | the stuff I really wanted to do. | 我不能做我真正想做的事 |
[37:58] | I was going down a wrong path in my 20s. | 我20多岁的时候过得浑浑噩噩 |
[38:05] | Then your mom got pregnant. | 后来你妈妈怀孕了 |
[38:09] | And being responsible, setting the right example for you, | 负起责任 为你树立正确的榜样 |
[38:14] | it saved me. | 最终拯救了我 |
[38:16] | That’s when I realized | 那时我才意识到 |
[38:17] | “Responsibility” didn’t have to be a pain in the ass word. | “责任” 不一定是个令人讨厌的词 |
[38:23] | Son. | 儿子 |
[38:29] | Don’t even think about it. | 你不必想太多 |
[38:33] | A’ight? | 好吗 |
[38:38] | Yeah. | 好 |
[38:40] | A’ight. | 好的 |
[38:43] | I’ll watch the baby. I’ll talk to your mother. | 我来照看孩子 我来和你妈妈谈 |
[38:47] | But you’re going to Andre’s barbecue. | 但你要去参加安德鲁的烧烤会 |
[38:48] | No, no, no, I-I… | 不 不 我… |
[38:50] | Son, your life is not over. | 儿子 你的人生还没有结束 |
[38:53] | You’re still a young man, | 你还是个年轻人 |
[38:54] | you still have friends that have barbecues, | 你还有朋友举办烧烤聚会 |
[38:56] | and, on occasion, your wonderful father… | 而且偶尔 你的好父亲… |
[39:01] | I’m down to babysit. | 原意去当保姆 |
[39:03] | Get some QT with my granddaughter. | 我可以和我孙女享受天伦之乐 |
[39:06] | W-Wait, are you sure? | 等等 你确定吗 |
[39:08] | You’re making breakfast tomorrow. | 但是你明天要做早餐 |
[39:10] | And you better not half-ass it, either. | 而且绝对不能糊弄 |
[39:12] | I want the full deal. | 我要丰盛的早餐 |
[39:13] | Western omelets and hash browns. | 西式煎蛋和土豆煎饼 |
[39:15] | – Yeah? All right. – Yeah, okay. Okay. | -知道吗 -好的 没问题 |
[39:22] | I used to sing here all the time, | 我以前一直在这里唱歌 |
[39:24] | and they basically paid me in burgers. | 他们经常用汉堡给我结账 |
[39:31] | – Rebecca? – Hi, Gerry. | -丽贝卡 -格里 |
[39:33] | Oh, we’ve missed you, kid. | 我们很想念你 孩子 |
[39:35] | You know, it’s open mic tonight. | 对了 今晚是开放麦之夜 |
[39:37] | Place is pretty dead, so… | 现在气氛挺闷的 |
[39:40] | You want to dust off an old one for us? | 你想不想帮我们热个场 |
[39:41] | No, no, no, I’m okay. | 不了吧 还是算了 |
[39:42] | – We’re actually just gonna… – Yes. | -我们其实正准备… -可以 |
[39:44] | It’s-it’s been a day. | 今天挺累的 |
[39:46] | I could use a song from my favorite singer. | 很想听我最喜欢的歌手唱首歌 |
[39:50] | So… the drinking’s become a thing. | 于是 我开始酗酒了 |
[39:53] | It started a few years ago. | 几年前开始的 |
[39:55] | It’s only gotten worse since I’ve been out of the Corps. | 自从我退伍后 愈发严重 |
[40:00] | My husband and I are… | 我和我老公 |
[40:03] | separated, I guess. | 分居了 可以这么说吧 |
[40:05] | My life’s at a standstill. | 我的生活处于停滞状态 |
[40:08] | Actually, that’s a lie. It’s… | 其实停滞都称不上 我的生活 |
[40:11] | moving in reverse. | 在倒退 |
[40:13] | I went from working in classified settings | 我从在机密战场工作 |
[40:16] | to driving around college students | 沦落到星期六晚上在优步上 |
[40:17] | on a Saturday night for Uber. | 开车送大学生 |
[40:19] | No offense to Uber drivers. | 无意冒犯优步司机 |
[40:25] | I… | 我 |
[40:26] | I can’t… feel anything. | 我什么都感觉不到 |
[40:30] | I can’t feel sadness. | 我感觉不到难过 |
[40:33] | I certainly can’t feel joy. | 当然也感觉不到快乐 |
[40:35] | And I hate throwing around the term PTSD, | 我讨厌把创伤后精神压力症这个术语挂嘴边 |
[40:38] | and I know you guys will probably tell me | 我知道你们八成会告诉我 |
[40:39] | that that’s what this is, but… | 你这就叫创伤后精神压力症 但是 |
[40:42] | But when I hit him… | 但当我打了他时 |
[40:50] | When I hit my son, | 当我打了我儿子时 |
[40:53] | I can’t blame PTSD or alcohol or Uber. | 我不能怪创伤后精神压力症 酒精或者优步 |
[41:01] | It was the cost of a water heater. | 当时说到了热水器花多少钱 |
[41:06] | Just brought me right back. | 让我一下子回到了那里 |
[41:07] | On behalf of the U.S. Government, | 我们代表美国政府 |
[41:08] | we’d like to present to you these condolence payments | 来向各位发放慰问金 |
[41:10] | for every civilian that was killed yesterday. | 昨天丧生的每个平民都有 |
[41:13] | $1,200 U.S. per person. | 每人1200美元 |
[41:27] | You guys know we do that, right? | 大家都知道这种做法吧 |
[41:29] | Dead civilian. | 丧生的平民 |
[41:31] | Dead kids. | 丧生的孩童 |
[41:33] | $1,200 per person. | 每人1200美元 |
[41:35] | That’s the price of a life over there. That’s… | 人命在那里就值这么多钱 就值… |
[41:38] | a price of a water heater. | 一台热水器的钱 |
[41:41] | So when I think about that… | 所以我一想起这个… |
[41:58] | Don’t know where Toby and Kate put their dishes. | 不知道托比和凯特把盘子都放哪了 |
[42:01] | They’ve barely even unpacked. | 他们行李都没怎么拆封 |
[42:03] | – Guess whose birthday it is, huh? – Hi. | -猜猜今天谁过生日啊 -你来啦 |
[42:07] | – Birthday cake. – No, no, no, no. | -生日蛋糕 -别别别 |
[42:08] | Don’t touch the cake. | 别碰蛋糕 |
[42:09] | We’re waiting for your sister and Toby. | 我们在等你妹妹和托比 |
[42:11] | – Happy birthday. – Thank you, Mom. | -生日快乐 -谢谢 妈 |
[42:13] | You know, I came out first. | 既然我第一个出生 |
[42:14] | I feel like I should be able to eat the cake first. | 我觉得我应该第一个吃到蛋糕 |
[42:15] | No one’s eating any cake yet. | 现在谁也不许吃蛋糕 |
[42:17] | We’re waiting for your sister. | 我们得等你妹妹回来 |
[42:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[42:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:22] | Uh, no. Yeah. | 不会 是的 |
[42:24] | Okay. Uh, no. No, of course. Yeah. | 好 不会 当然 好的 |
[42:28] | I… | 我 |
[42:30] | H-Hold on one second. | 等一下 |
[42:32] | It’s Uncle Nicky. He got in trouble in Pennsylvania. | 是尼奇叔叔 他在宾州碰到麻烦了 |
[42:34] | He’s being arrested. | 他被逮捕了 |
[42:35] | and he gave them my number for the bail money. | 然后给人家留了我的电话要保释金 |
[42:41] | What’s up, what’s up? | 你们好吗 |
[42:43] | Hey, man. | 老兄 |
[42:46] | Eh, yo, Malik. | 马利克 |
[42:54] | Hey, Malik. | 马利克 |
[42:55] | Hey, Sky. What’s up? | 斯凯 你好吗 |
[42:57] | Yo, I heard you got into honors bio. | 我听说你去读进阶生物学了 |
[42:58] | That’s what’s up. | 可真不简单 |
[43:01] | Hey, I want to introduce you to someone. | 我想给你介绍个人 |
[43:03] | This is my friend Deja. | 这是我朋友黛佳 |
[43:05] | She just moved here. | 她刚搬到这边 |
[43:07] | She’s starting school tomorrow. | 明天就来上学了 |
[43:10] | Hi, hi, hi, Deja. | 你好啊 黛佳 |
[43:12] | Malik. Nice to meet you. | 我是马利克 很高兴见到你 |
[43:15] | Sky says you make a good burger. | 斯凯说你汉堡做得很好 |
[43:17] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Uh, I-I make a… | 没错没错 我做的 |
[43:19] | I make a decent, decent burger. | 我做的汉堡还行 还行 |
[43:23] | But-but for you, I’ll give it everything I got. | 但是为了你 我会尽我所能 |
[43:44] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我回来晚了 |
[43:47] | Hey, Dej. | 小黛 |
[43:52] | What’s happening with your face? | 你这表情是怎么回事 |
[43:54] | What? Um, nothing. | 什么 没什么啊 |
[44:06] | All right, here’s the plan. | 我的计划是这样的 |
[44:08] | I’ll take a break and stay home with him. | 我休息一段时间 在家陪儿子 |
[44:09] | – Or her. – Okay. | -或女儿 -好的 |
[44:13] | Tobe, no matter what he says, | 小托 不管医生怎么说 |
[44:16] | he’s gonna have an amazing, incredible life. | 他这一生都会超棒 超赞 |
[44:19] | Yes, he will, because he has | 肯定的 因为他拥有 |
[44:21] | an amazing, incredible mother who’s going to give him | 一位无与伦比 超级棒的好母亲 |
[44:23] | all of her amazing, incredible traits. | 她会把所有无与伦比的好品质都遗传给他 |
[44:25] | His dad’s not so bad. | 他的父亲也不错 |
[44:28] | – Is he? Huh? – Yeah. | -对不对 -当然了 |
[44:29] | Well, maybe his dad will give him his sense of humor. | 也许他父亲会把幽默感遗传给他 |
[44:32] | But please, God, please, please, please, God, | 但是恳求上帝呀 拜托拜托 上帝 |
[44:34] | not his hairline. | 千万不要遗传到他的发际线 |
[44:36] | Grow some hair, please. | 拜托 一定要多长些头发 |
[44:38] | You crush it at the restaurant, and if you can make it home | 你照样在餐馆工作 但如果你能时不时地 |
[44:41] | every once in a while to see him… | 抽空回家看看他… |
[44:42] | – Or her. – Okay. | -或者她 -好的 |
[44:44] | Well, that’s great, but it’s not required. | 那就太棒了 但不必强求 |
[44:46] | Okay, guys. | 好了 两位 |
[44:55] | So… | 那么… |
[44:58] | Nothing’s really changed since the last procedure. | 上次疗程之后 他的病情并没有什么起色 |
[45:02] | Jack is still not following cues or responding to tests. | 杰克仍然不能看到信号或对测试做出反应 |
[45:06] | I know it’s been a long three months, | 我知道这三个月的时间很难熬 |
[45:08] | but now it’s time to move forward. | 但现在是时候朝前看了 |
[45:10] | Jack’s retinopathy will not be reversed. | 杰克的视网膜病变是不可逆的 |
[45:13] | His eyesight will not return. | 他的视力无法恢复 |
[45:16] | Okay, we’re here. | 好了 我们到了 |
[45:19] | The good news is it’s not total stage V. | 但好消息是病变还没有到晚期 |
[45:22] | He will be able to see some light, | 他以后可以看到一些光亮 |
[45:24] | maybe some shapes. | 也许还能看到某些轮廓 |
[45:26] | Am I lined up? | 这个方向正吗 |
[45:29] | You’re perfect. | 非常完美 |
[45:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[45:31] | Jack Damon. | 有请杰克·达蒙 |
[45:58] | Good evening. Hello. Sorry to interrupt. | 晚上好 大家好 抱歉打扰了 |
[46:03] | I would like to dedicate this song | 我想给一个人献唱这首歌 |
[46:05] | to a man who was a total stranger | 这个人在几周之前 |
[46:08] | just a few weeks ago. | 还只是一个陌生人 |
[46:10] | I may be only Pittsburgh good, | 我可能只在匹兹堡市算好的 |
[46:13] | but, my God, | 但 我的上帝 |
[46:16] | he makes me feel like one day, | 他让我觉得总有一天 |
[46:19] | I will stand on the biggest stage in the world. | 我可以站上这世上最大的舞台 |
[46:26] | *Can one wrong turn* | *转错一次弯* |
[46:30] | *Give me new direction?* | *能否给我带来新的方向* |
[46:34] | *Can one false move* | *做错一件事* |
[46:37] | *Bring me one true friend?* | *能否为我找到新的朋友* |
[46:42] | *Could a stranger* | *一位陌生人* |
[46:44] | *Ever end up being you?* | *究竟能否变成你* |
[46:49] | *We took it back* | *我们千方百计* |
[46:53] | *In all directions* | *想要找回自己* |
[46:57] | *Reaching out* | *四处探索* |
[47:00] | *Towards the door* | *去找寻新的大门* |
[47:04] | *Is there a message* | *是否有人能告诉我* |
[47:07] | *A pathway to something more* | *指给我通往新世界的方向* |
[47:14] | *In the quiet way you caught my eye* | *无需多言 你已令我着迷* |
[47:21] | *I got enough to get you* | *我有足够的回忆* |
[47:24] | *Memorized* | *将你铭记* |
[47:28] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[47:30] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[47:35] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[47:37] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[47:43] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[47:45] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[47:51] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[47:52] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[47:57] | *I told a story* | *我讲过一个故事* |
[48:01] | *Before I knew* | *那时我并不知晓* |
[48:02] | *The ending* | *故事的结局* |
[48:05] | *I got an answer* | *我得到了一个答案* |
[48:08] | *Before I heard the question* | *甚至在我听到问题之前* |
[48:13] | *How did a stranger* | *一个陌生人* |
[48:15] | *Ever end up being you?* | *究竟是怎样变成了你* |
[48:23] | *In the quiet way you caught my eye* | *无需多言 你已令我着迷* |
[48:30] | *Got enough to get you* | *我有足够的回忆* |
[48:33] | *Memorized* | *将你铭记* |
[48:38] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[48:40] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[48:46] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[48:48] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[48:53] | *I found my way* | *我找到了我的方向* |
[48:55] | *I found my way to you* | *我找到了通往你的方向* |
[49:01] | *I found my way…* | *我找到了我的方向* |