时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:01] | Babe, are you sure that you want to go to the grocery store now? | 宝贝 你确定你想现在去杂货店吗 |
[00:04] | Yeah, I like going when the store’s not so crowded. | 对 我喜欢人少的时候去杂货店 |
[00:07] | I know you don’t have a campaign manager. | 我知道你没有竞选经理 |
[00:08] | – I want the gig. – Happy to have you on board, Jae-won. | -我想干 -欢迎您的加入 在元 |
[00:11] | I know you want to fix things. | 我知道你想要弥补很多事 |
[00:13] | Fix me. | 想帮助我 |
[00:14] | But you and your family… | 但你和你的家人 |
[00:19] | It’s just too painful. | 对我来说太痛苦了 |
[00:45] | 有什么需要就打给我 凯文 | |
[00:48] | 老兵活动3月计划 每周一 每周二 | |
[01:01] | Hi, Nicky. | 尼奇你好 |
[01:02] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[01:05] | I’m Dr. Ruiz. | 我是鲁伊斯医生 |
[01:06] | I’ve been working with the vets here for two years. | 我与这里的老兵已经共事两年了 |
[01:09] | So, what’s been going on with you? | 你最近怎么了呢 |
[01:36] | Therapy works better if you talk. | 你开口说话 心理咨询才有效果 |
[01:43] | I hate this sad, little room. | 我讨厌这个悲伤的房间 |
[01:49] | How’s that? | 这句效果如何 |
[01:58] | You know we’re only 80 miles from Canada? | 你知道我们离加拿大只有80英里吗 |
[02:02] | I’ve never been. | 我从来没去过 |
[02:04] | I almost went once, with my brother. | 有一次差点就跟我哥哥去了 |
[02:09] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[02:11] | Why haven’t you ever gone? | 为什么一直没去呢 |
[02:16] | I can’t stand maple syrup. | 我受不了枫树糖浆 |
[02:29] | There’s things that happened there | 那里发生的一些事 |
[02:32] | that you can’t come back from. | 让人永远无法释怀 |
[02:34] | You know, they… they make you less human. | 它们会… 吞噬掉你一部分人性 |
[03:00] | – Hey, Doc. – Hi, Nicky. | -医生 -尼奇 |
[03:02] | So, listen, I was thinking… | 是这样 我在想… |
[03:04] | Before we start today, I have some bad news. | 今天我们开始之前 我有个坏消息 |
[03:06] | I’m being transferred to a vet center in Arizona. | 我要被调去亚利桑那州的老兵中心了 |
[03:09] | Our centers all over the country are understaffed. | 我们全国上下的老兵中心都缺人手 |
[03:13] | But you’ll be working with Dr. Patterson | 不过帕特森医生会接管这里 |
[03:15] | and I hear he is exceptional. | 我听说他非常专业 |
[03:25] | Nicky. | 尼奇 |
[03:52] | Watch your head. | 小心头 |
[03:53] | You watch your head, Officer Krupke. | 你才小心你的头 克拉奇警官 |
[04:13] | I didn’t need you to come. | 我不需要你过来的 |
[04:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[04:29] | Hey, Randall, slow down. You’re gonna choke. | 兰德尔 慢点吃 会噎到的 |
[04:32] | It’s the first day of junior high, I want to get there early. | 今天是上初中第一天 我想早点到 |
[04:34] | Well, you’re not gonna be early if you’re in the ER | 你要是吃巧克力麦片噎到了被送去急诊 |
[04:36] | with Count Chocula lodged in your throat. Chew. | 我看你还怎么早点到 好好嚼 |
[04:39] | Why do fancy schools start earlier than normal ones? | 为什么高级学校总要比普通学校开学早 |
[04:41] | Because we have bigger brains to fill. | 因为我们的脑容量更大 |
[04:43] | Okay, nerd. Well, have fun while we’re home all day. | 好吧 书呆子 我们在家里祝你过得开心 |
[04:47] | Mom, do we have any cucumber slices? | 妈 还有黄瓜切片吗 |
[04:48] | Why do you need cucumber slices? | 你要黄瓜切片干什么 |
[04:50] | I’m taking a me day. | 我要放飞自我一天 |
[04:53] | Okay, so if I give you a cucumber and a knife, | 好 如果我给你一把刀和一根黄瓜 |
[04:56] | can I trust that you’re not gonna cut yourself? | 你能不能答应我不会割伤自己 |
[04:58] | I wouldn’t count on it. | 这个不做保证 |
[05:04] | Hey, Katie girl. Whatcha reading? | 凯特宝贝 看什么呢 |
[05:07] | Do you think Cindy Crawford’s pretty? | 你觉得辛迪·克劳馥好看吗 |
[05:09] | She’s no Kate Pearson. | 绝对比不上凯特·皮尔森 |
[05:12] | Oh, my God, Kate, look, it’s Suzanne Somers, | 天哪 凯特快看 是苏珊·萨默斯 |
[05:15] | It’s the thigh master lady. | 是代言瘦腿神器的女士 |
[05:17] | – She’s in our home. – Ha, ha. Yeah. | -她来我们家了 -真好笑 |
[05:18] | Shelly lent me some new aerobics video | 雪莉借给我一些新的健美操视频 |
[05:21] | that I’m gonna try out in a little bit. | 我打算试一试 |
[05:23] | Oh. Sounds great. | 不错啊 |
[05:25] | Hey, what’s wrong? You okay? | 怎么了 你还好吗 |
[05:27] | I’m just, I’m in a mood. | 就是心情不好 |
[05:28] | You know? Mondays are hard. | 你能懂吗 周一真的很难 |
[05:29] | I know that I’ve got, like, five days | 我知道我接下来还有五天 |
[05:31] | of the red tape factory ahead of me. | 都要应对各种繁文缛节 |
[05:33] | Mmm. Well, I will be here waiting at the end of every one. | 好吧 不过每天结束我都会在的 |
[05:37] | Oh. I like that. | 这个不错 |
[05:38] | Can you guys be gross later? | 你们能不能晚点再腻歪 |
[05:39] | Come on, Dad, seventh grade’s calling. | 爸 赶紧走了 七年级在召唤我 |
[05:41] | – Seventh grade is calling. – Seventh grade. | -七年级在召唤我 -七年级 |
[05:43] | – Okay, bye. – Bye. | -好 拜 -拜拜 |
[05:44] | Have a great first day. Thanks for the big hug. | 第一天愉快 多谢大大的拥抱 |
[06:11] | – I’m Mr. Lawrence. – I know. | -我是劳伦斯老师 -我知道 |
[06:13] | I-I mean, cool. I’m Randall. | 我是说 好的 我叫兰德尔 |
[06:17] | Nice to meet you, Randall. | 很高兴认识你 兰德尔 |
[06:19] | – Please, have a seat. – Yeah. | -请坐 -好的 |
[06:23] | All right, kids, let’s open our books to chapter one. | 好了 孩子们 把书翻到第一章 |
[06:31] | – What happened to Jae-won? – He fell a little behind | -在元呢 -跑到8英里时 |
[06:34] | at mile eight. | 他有点落后了 |
[06:35] | You say “Mile eight” so casually. | 你把8英里说得那么随意 |
[06:37] | You caught that, | 你听出那个意思了 |
[06:40] | The Clarke School of Dance grand opening flyers, | 克拉克舞蹈学校盛大开业传单 |
[06:42] | – hot off the press. – Yes. | -刚印出来 -对 |
[06:44] | Everybody, take a stack | 每个人拿一些 |
[06:46] | and give it to anyone who looks like they need | 发给任何一个看起来像是 |
[06:47] | a little rhythm in their life. | 生活中需要一点韵律的人 |
[06:50] | Hey, Tess? | 苔丝 |
[06:51] | I know you’re nervous, but, uh, it’s gonna be great. | 我知道你紧张 但校园生活会很精彩的 |
[06:55] | I know. I’m good. | 我知道 我没事 |
[06:57] | Thanks, Mom. | 多谢 妈妈 |
[06:59] | Oh, you see my article in there? | 你在报上看到写我的文章了吗 |
[07:02] | You mean “Councilman Pearson Unhinged?” | 你是说《皮尔森市议员脑子坏了[双关”拆除铰链”]吗》 |
[07:06] | “Pearson takes his open door policy | “皮尔森将办公室门从铰链上拆下 |
[07:08] | to a new level by removing his office door from its hinges | 从而升级其门户开放政策 |
[07:10] | 皮尔森市议员脑子坏了吗 第12街区市议员向所有人敞开大门 | |
[07:10] | to show that all are welcome for a sit-down. | 此举表明欢迎所有人前来促膝交谈 |
[07:14] | Pearson spends every Monday listening to constituents…” | 皮尔森每周一都将倾听选民的声音…” |
[07:17] | Is that the article? | 这是那篇文章吗 |
[07:19] | Yeah. | 是 |
[07:21] | Hey, you think I come off as crazy? | 你觉得我看着像脑子坏了吗 |
[07:23] | No way, man. They called you bold. | 绝不会 他们都夸你胆子大 |
[07:24] | They called me different. | 他们都夸我与众不同 |
[07:25] | – It says you’re unhinged. – Well, maybe I am. | -报上说你脑子坏了 -可能是坏了 |
[07:30] | Oh, uh, sometime today, uh, I’d like to talk to you | 今天找个时间 我想跟你谈一下 |
[07:32] | about my proposal, if you’ve got time. | 我的提案 如果你有空的话 |
[07:34] | I always got time for you, J-Dubs. | 对你 我一直都有时间 |
[07:37] | – All right. – I got to hit the shower. | -好的 -我得去洗澡了 |
[07:38] | Girls, you have an amazing first day. | 女儿们 第一天会非常愉快 |
[07:40] | You are all radiant women | 你们全都光芒四射 |
[07:42] | and this town is lucky to have you. | 你们驾到是这座城市的福气 |
[07:46] | – Love you guys. – Love you, too. | -爱你们 -我也爱你 |
[07:47] | I was talking to my girls. | 我跟我女儿们说呢 |
[07:48] | Sorry. Reflex. | 抱歉 条件反射 |
[07:50] | Okay, so this is the brown velvet. | 这个是棕色天鹅绒 |
[07:55] | Do you like the soft fabric? | 你喜欢柔软的面料吗 |
[07:57] | We’re gonna have Daddy put up these curtains this weekend. | 我们要让爸爸这周末装好这些窗帘 |
[08:00] | So gurgle once if you like the velvet. | 如果你喜欢天鹅绒就咯咯笑两声 |
[08:02] | Can you do that? Can you do that? | 你做得到吗 能做到吗 |
[08:05] | Oh, wait, I thought, I was gonna get to see you all dressed up | 等等 我以为会看到你打扮好 |
[08:07] | in your new client-wooing suit. | 穿上你吸引客户的新西装 |
[08:08] | What, and risk sweat stains before I even get to the office? | 冒着在到办公室之前就沾上汗渍的风险吗 |
[08:11] | I’m not a daredevil. I know my body’s limits. | 我可不是夜魔侠 我了解自己身体的极限 |
[08:13] | But you’ll get to see it today at lunch. | 但今天午饭的时候你会看到我穿的 |
[08:15] | Thanks again for agreeing to come. | 再次感谢你答应过来 |
[08:17] | They really wanted to meet my wife. | 他们真的想见见我老婆 |
[08:19] | Of course. | 当然没问题了 |
[08:21] | Okay, bye. Can you say bye-bye? | 好了 再见 你能说再见吗 |
[08:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:31] | Hi. We haven’t had a chance to introduce ourselves. | 你好 我们还没来得及自我介绍 |
[08:33] | We just, um… just moved in. | 我们刚… 刚搬过来 |
[08:35] | Could you please tell your husband to stop parking | 能麻烦你告诉你丈夫 |
[08:37] | in the middle of the sidewalk? | 停车别挡人行道吗 |
[08:39] | Yeah. Oh, I’m so sorry. It’s just that we have | 好的 很抱歉 只是我们有个 |
[08:40] | this storage pod that we’re unpacking, | 储物箱还没拆 |
[08:42] | so his car doesn’t fit, you know, | 他的车开不进去 |
[08:44] | – in the driveway. – So park on the street | -自己的车道 -那就停到街上 |
[08:45] | before I start calling to have your car towed. | 不然我就打电话把你的车拖走 |
[08:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:53] | We are never going to let Audio | 我们一定不能让奥迪奥 |
[08:55] | poop in that man’s yard. | 到那个人的院子里便便 |
[09:08] | Damn it. Damn it! | 妈的 妈的 |
[09:13] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[09:14] | You know the Marlin Property? | 你知道马林地产吗 |
[09:15] | We laid the new foundation last week. | 上周我们打了新的地基 |
[09:18] | 20 minutes ago, Pritchard got a call from the city. | 20分钟前 普里查德接到市里的电话 |
[09:20] | Someone on our end forgot to schedule | 我们这边有人忘了安排 |
[09:22] | the city water line inspection. | 城市供水管道检查 |
[09:24] | So now, we got to tear everything out, | 现在我们得都拆掉 |
[09:26] | have the city come take a look | 让市里来检查 |
[09:27] | and then start all over from scratch. | 然后重新开始 |
[09:29] | Whoever signed off on that permit is done for no question. | 签发许可的家伙绝对完了 毫无疑问 |
[09:33] | Oh, God. I hope it was Donovan. | 天呐 真希望是多诺万 |
[09:35] | I would love to see him go down. | 我巴不得看他倒台 |
[09:36] | You know, he microwaves fish sticks in the break room? | 你知道他在休息室用微波炉热鱼排吗 |
[09:38] | Who does that? | 谁会那么干 |
[09:40] | I signed off on the Marlin permit, Miguel. | 是我给马林地产签了许可 米格尔 |
[09:45] | – What? – That was me. | -什么 -是我 |
[09:51] | Sir, my uncle Nicky is extremely remorseful | 先生 我叔叔尼奇对于 |
[09:54] | about throwing that chair through your window. | 扔椅子砸穿窗户这事特别后悔 |
[09:57] | Isn’t that right, Uncle Nicky? | 对吗 尼奇叔叔 |
[10:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:02] | See? | 看吧 |
[10:04] | It says here you have a hearing | 这里说你两个月后 |
[10:05] | in veterans’ court in two months. | 要上老兵法庭接受聆讯 |
[10:07] | Um, he’s facing, uh, up to $250,000 in fines. | 他面临着高达25万美元的罚款 |
[10:12] | Or, uh, ten years in prison. Sir, I mean… | 或者十年监禁 先生 我想说 |
[10:16] | the man threw a chair, right? | 他只是扔了把椅子 对吗 |
[10:18] | It’s not like he, uh, shredded a Banksy. | 又不是毁了一幅班克西的作品 |
[10:20] | Right? | 对吗 |
[10:23] | Um, anyway, | 无论如何 |
[10:24] | his-his court-appointed attorney, um, | 他的法院指定律师说 |
[10:26] | said that if he could show that he was committed | 如果他能证明自己 |
[10:28] | to continuing treatment here at this facility, | 肯在这里潜心接受治疗 |
[10:32] | um, that his sentence could be reduced. | 就可以获得减刑 |
[10:33] | Perhaps even pardoned. | 甚至可能免罪 |
[10:38] | I can have Dr. Patterson do an evaluation today, | 我可以让帕特森医生今天做一次评估 |
[10:41] | and we’ll assess if Nicky poses a further threat. | 然后判断尼奇是否具有更大威胁 |
[10:44] | If he doesn’t, I’ll allow him to continue his treatments here | 如果没有 我就让他继续在这里治疗 |
[10:48] | on a probationary basis. | 但仍需考察 |
[10:53] | Batman, Robin, | 蝙蝠侠 助手罗宾 |
[10:54] | how was your run today? | 今天的进展如何 |
[10:55] | – Deadly. – Invigorating. | -无聊透顶 -令人振奋 |
[10:57] | Great job getting the article out there, Shay. | 那片文章发得好 谢伊 |
[10:59] | Clearly it got us buzz. | 明显提高了我们的热度 |
[11:00] | Buzz? They called you “Unhinged.” | 热度 他们说你”脑子坏了” |
[11:02] | What was that, Bernice? | 你说什么 柏妮丝 |
[11:04] | You have drinks with Councilmen Wilkins and Ramirez | 你今晚六点半与威尔金斯和拉米雷斯议员 |
[11:07] | at 6:30 tonight to discuss Wilkins’ housing initiative. | 约了酒局讨论威尔金斯的住房提案 |
[11:10] | Don’t let this stunt make you late. | 别让这场作秀耽误了你的时间 |
[11:12] | I wouldn’t miss it. And it’s not a stunt. | 我不会迟的 而且这也不是作秀 |
[11:20] | Wow. Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[11:22] | Uh, thanks for coming here to talk to us. | 很高兴大家前来与我们对话 |
[11:24] | I’m looking forward to speaking with you all. | 我很期待与各位的交流 |
[11:26] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[11:28] | You want me to talk to Bernice about the attitude? | 你希望我和柏妮丝谈谈她的态度吗 |
[11:30] | Or find an aide with less attitude? | 或者雇一个态度好点的助手 |
[11:32] | I can deal with a little attitude. | 有点脾气没关系 |
[11:34] | Bernice has more experience than the rest of us combined. | 柏妮丝比我们所有人加起来经验更丰富 |
[11:37] | We need somebody like her around. | 我们需要她这样的人才 |
[11:39] | Don’t worry, my friend, | 别担心 朋友 |
[11:40] | she’ll learn to adore me as much as you do. | 她会学着像你一样喜欢我的 |
[11:42] | All right, who’s first? | 好的 谁先来 |
[11:48] | Hey, my man, hold up a sec. | 小伙子 稍等一下 |
[11:51] | Is this your first year here, too? | 你也是今年才来吗 |
[11:53] | Nope, my third. | 不 我已经来了三年 |
[11:55] | And I read in your teacher bio that you just | 而且我从你的简历里得知你刚刚 |
[11:57] | moved here from Chicago. | 从芝加哥搬过来 |
[11:58] | And you love the Bulls. Well, me, too. | 你喜欢公牛队 我也是 |
[12:03] | Well, if it’s your third year, | 如果你已经来了三年 |
[12:04] | then you should know the rules. | 应该清楚这里的校规 |
[12:06] | I got to write you a yellow slip | 我得给你开黄色罚单了 |
[12:07] | for being out of dress code with those shoes. | 因为你的鞋不符合着装要求 |
[12:11] | Yeah, but they’re Air Jordans. | 嗯 但我穿的是乔丹气垫鞋 |
[12:13] | Like Michael Jordan wears. | 像迈克尔·乔丹穿的那种 |
[12:15] | Yeah, but Michael Jordan | 对 但迈克尔·乔丹 |
[12:17] | doesn’t have to abide by our dress code. | 不需要遵循我们的着装规定 |
[12:19] | See, look, you want to be in a place like this, | 所以 如果你想在这里读书 |
[12:22] | you got to look the part, okay. | 就要衣着得体 好吗 |
[12:25] | That’s why I rock a suit. You know, like Arsenio Hall. | 所以我穿了套西装 像阿瑟尼奥·豪尔那样 |
[12:32] | Sorry, man. | 抱歉 小伙子 |
[12:46] | There he is. | 这就是他 |
[12:48] | – And this is Jack. – Oh, my God. | -这是杰克 -天呐 |
[12:49] | He’s just six months old. | 他刚刚六个月大 |
[12:50] | Oh, God, those eyelashes. | 我的天 看他的睫毛 |
[12:52] | Right? | 好看吧 |
[12:53] | That’s pretty amazing. | 真是太棒了 |
[12:55] | We named him after his grandpa. | 我们用他外祖父的名字给他起了名 |
[12:59] | Oh, and here she is. This is my wife Kate. | 她也来了 这是我的妻子凯特 |
[13:02] | – Kate, please meet Debbie and Arjun. – Hi, how are you? | -凯特 这是黛比和阿尔琼 -你们好 |
[13:04] | Toby was just showing us photos of your son. | 托比刚才在给我们看你们儿子的照片 |
[13:06] | He’s ridiculously cute. | 他真是可爱至极 |
[13:08] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:09] | Yeah, thankfully, ’cause there’s no return policy. | 幸亏很可爱 不然还没法退货呢 |
[13:13] | No, there’s not. | 对 是退不了 |
[13:14] | But we are not here to talk about him. | 不过我们可不是来聊他的 |
[13:16] | We are here to talk about database servers | 我们是要来讨论数据库服务器的 |
[13:18] | and all of your other IT needs. So… | 还有你们其他各方面的技术需求 所以 |
[13:20] | Your table is ready, folks. | 各位 你们可以就座了 |
[13:21] | – Come with me. – Great. | -跟我来 -真好 |
[13:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:25] | You look great. | 你这身打扮真好看 |
[13:26] | Thanks. So do you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[13:31] | Oh, actually, you know what. Sorry. | 说实话 抱歉 |
[13:32] | I hate to be a pain, but it looks like | 我不想当个烦人精 不过 |
[13:33] | we’re right below a vent here, | 我们好像刚好坐在通风口下面了 |
[13:35] | and a cool breeze can really ruin a hot lobster bisque. | 冷风一吹 热乎乎的龙虾浓汤可就不好吃了 |
[13:38] | They have an amazing lobster bisque. | 他们家的龙虾浓汤相当美味 |
[13:41] | Uh, do you think we could sit at a different table, | 你们看我们能否换个位子呢 |
[13:42] | like that one over there? | 比如那边那桌 |
[13:44] | Sorry, sir, those are reserved. | 不好意思 先生 那几桌有人定了 |
[13:45] | This is fine. We don’t eat bisque. | 没关系 我们不怎么喝浓汤的 |
[13:48] | I was gonna have bisque. I love bisque… | 我本来打算喝的 我很喜欢那个汤 |
[13:51] | He’s actually asking because I… | 其实他这么提议是因为… |
[13:52] | can’t fit in the booth. | 这座位我坐不下 |
[13:58] | I should come with a label, right? | 我应该自带个温馨提示的 对吧 |
[13:59] | “May contain uncomfortable moments.” | “可能会有尴尬场面哦” |
[14:04] | I’m so sorry. There’s a table this way. | 很抱歉 这边还有张桌子没人 |
[14:06] | Thank you. Love you. | 谢谢 爱你 |
[14:15] | Hey, boss, you, uh… you got a sec? | 老板 你现在有空吗 |
[14:18] | Pearson, yeah. What’s up? | 皮尔森 有空啊 什么事 |
[14:22] | I was the one that signed off on the Marlin Property. | 马林地产是我签发的许可 |
[14:27] | I don’t know how I missed that | 我也不知道我怎么会漏掉那环节 |
[14:29] | we didn’t have the water line inspection. | 当时我们没检查供水管道 |
[14:32] | Do you know how much your mistake is gonna cost? | 你知道你这失误导致了我多少损失吗 |
[14:35] | 20,000. That’s money straight out of my pocket. | 两万块 我一下子亏掉了整整两万块 |
[14:37] | I’m-I’m sorry. Okay, I don’t know how this happened. | 我很抱歉 我也不知道怎么会这样 |
[14:41] | I’ve never made a mistake like this before. | 我之前从来没有犯过这种错 |
[14:44] | Yeah, but now you have. | 可你现在犯了 |
[14:46] | It’s colossal. | 这可是大忌啊 |
[14:50] | I’m sorry, Jack, | 对不起 杰克 |
[14:51] | you don’t come back from this one. | 犯这么大错 我留不得你了 |
[15:00] | Walk it out, shake it down… | 大跨步 甩起来 |
[15:03] | Hey, Bug. | 宝贝 |
[15:06] | Do you want to try this with me? | 你要和我一起练练吗 |
[15:08] | – Sure. – Really? | -好啊 -真的吗 |
[15:09] | Well, sashay on in here, little cutie. | 那快过来吧 小可爱 |
[15:11] | I’ll show you how it’s done. It’s really easy. | 我来教你怎么跳 很简单的 |
[15:14] | All we’re gonna do is just follow along. | 我们只要跟着电视来就好了 |
[15:15] | And don’t worry if you mess up. Right? | 跳乱了也别着急 好吗 |
[15:17] | See? | 看到了吗 |
[15:18] | See what she’s doing? There you go. | 你看到她怎么跳了吗 你试一下 |
[15:20] | Step, touch. | 迈出去 点地 |
[15:22] | Now she’s going back here. | 又回到这个动作了 |
[15:24] | Hey, Kev, can you get that? | 小凯 你能接下电话吗 |
[15:26] | This is interrupting my me time. | 你打扰到我放飞自我了 |
[15:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:37] | Hey, hey, Kev, it’s me. Um, can you get Mom? | 小凯 是我 你能叫妈妈接电话吗 |
[15:40] | What’s wrong? | 发生什么事了 |
[15:41] | I-I got in trouble, | 我 我惹麻烦了 |
[15:42] | and Mom and Dad have to sign a yellow slip. | 有张黄色罚单要爸妈签名 |
[15:44] | And I just feel like I can’t breathe. | 我感觉我快呼吸不上来了 |
[15:46] | I’m really freaking out. | 我真的要吓死了 |
[15:47] | And do you think telling Mom you got in trouble | 那你觉得现在告诉妈妈你惹事了 |
[15:49] | will make it better? | 还有用吗 |
[15:50] | Well, I don’t know what’s happening. | 我也不知道是怎么回事 |
[15:51] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[15:57] | Mom, it’s Dylan. | 妈妈 迪伦打来的 |
[15:58] | I’m going to his house. | 我要去找他玩了 |
[16:01] | I’ll meet you by the side door of your school. | 去你们学校侧门等我 |
[16:04] | Don’t call back here. | 别往家里打电话了 |
[16:24] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[16:27] | Blanket, panda, Bradshaw. | 毯子 熊猫 布拉德肖 |
[16:33] | That one’s broken. | 这台机子坏掉了 |
[16:34] | You have to use the one around the corner. | 你要去拐角那一台才能买东西 |
[16:40] | You know your way around this place, huh? | 你对这里很熟嘛 |
[16:46] | I come with my mom here. She’s seeing a therapist. | 我和我妈妈一起来的 她最近在做心理咨询 |
[16:49] | My dad said it’s good for her. | 我爸爸说这样对她有好处 |
[16:52] | Gotcha. | 懂了 |
[16:53] | Want to play something? | 想一起玩吗 |
[16:55] | I’ll crush Mario Kart. Let’s go. | 我玩马里奥赛车很厉害的 来吧 |
[16:58] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no! | 不不不 |
[17:01] | Ah, you beat it. | 你赢了 |
[17:02] | – Your turn. – Yep. Funyun? | -该你了 -好 吃洋葱玉米圈吗 |
[17:04] | – Yeah. – All right. Time for me to shine. | -好 -好了 该我大展身手了 |
[17:06] | I gave you a chance to drive. You give me a chance to drive. | 你开一次 我开一次 |
[17:08] | I can’t do very well when you’re backseat driving, | 你在后座指手画脚 不停在我耳边叨叨 |
[17:10] | chirping in my ear the whole time… | 影响我发挥了 |
[17:11] | No, I-I’m putting on your rocket booster. | 不 我要用火箭加速器 |
[17:13] | No, no, no! Oh, okay. Well, that helped. All right. | 不不不 好吧 的确有所帮助 |
[17:16] | Yeah, but you can’t block the screen, because I’m trying… | 好 但你不能挡住屏幕 因为我想… |
[17:18] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[17:19] | Hey, Mom. This is my friend, Kevin. | 妈 这是我的朋友 凯文 |
[17:22] | Kevin Pearson. | 凯文·皮尔森 |
[17:24] | You are not at all what I pictured | 你跟我想象的不一样 |
[17:25] | when your son said his mom was a vet. | 你儿子跟我说他妈是退伍老兵 |
[17:27] | Well, you’re not at all what I picture | 你也和我想象中 |
[17:29] | when my son says he has a friend. | 我儿子的朋友不一样 |
[17:31] | For the record, a 40-year-old man | 我声明一下 40岁的男人 |
[17:33] | hanging out with a nine-year-old boy is… | 和一个9岁的男孩一起玩有点… |
[17:35] | it’s creepy. | 诡异 |
[17:36] | Oh, definitely not 40. | 我绝对不是40岁 |
[17:37] | Well, definitely nine. | 可我儿子绝对是9岁 |
[17:38] | Let’s get your backpack on, bud. | 把你的包收拾好 宝贝 |
[17:39] | – Come on. – Okay. | -走了 -好 |
[17:41] | How do I know you? Oh, | 我怎么看你这么眼熟 |
[17:42] | you were on a television show. | 你演过电视 |
[17:45] | Um… Who’s the Boss? | 《成长没烦恼》吗 |
[17:46] | Who’s the Boss? | 《成长没烦恼》 |
[17:48] | I’m 39 years old, lady. | 我39岁 女士 |
[17:50] | I was on a show called The Manny. | 我演的是《靓男保姆》 |
[17:52] | You ever see that? | 你看过吗 |
[17:53] | and you’re a vet. | 你是个退伍老兵 |
[17:54] | No, no, my– Oh, my uncle, right here, he’s a vet. | 不不 我的叔叔 就在这 他是 |
[17:58] | You’re the guy who threw a chair at me. | 你是那个朝我扔椅子的人 |
[18:00] | Well, don’t flatter yourself, I wasn’t throwing it at you. | 别自作多情了 我不是朝你扔的 |
[18:03] | Mom, can they come to the arcade with us? | 妈 他们能和我们一起去购物中心吗 |
[18:05] | Absolutely not. Come on, bud, let’s go. | 绝对不行 好了 宝贝 我们走 |
[18:07] | Goodbye now. | 再见 |
[18:10] | So? | 怎么样 |
[18:13] | Well, how’d it go? | 进展如何 |
[18:15] | He thinks I’m a delight. Welcome back anytime. | 他觉得我棒极了 欢迎我随时回来 |
[18:18] | You wouldn’t be offended if I cross-checked that, would you? | 你不介意我问一下吧 |
[18:23] | Hey, Doc, hi. | 医生 你好 |
[18:24] | Uh, I was just wondering how that went with my uncle. | 我想问一下我叔叔的情况 |
[18:27] | Yes, I’m gonna recommend that we allow him | 我准备建议批准他 |
[18:29] | to resume receiving services. | 接受医疗服务 |
[18:31] | Great. | 好 |
[18:32] | But I don’t want you to get your hopes up. | 但你不要抱太大希望 |
[18:35] | None of us can help someone who doesn’t want to be helped. | 没人能帮得了不想接受帮助的人 |
[18:38] | Excuse me. | 不好意思接个电话 |
[18:44] | Oh, come on. Great. | 拜托 好吧 |
[18:55] | Robot, giraffe… diapers. | 机器人 长颈鹿… 尿不湿 |
[19:02] | I mean, I busted a ball joint on my car | 在经过路面上的坑的时候 |
[19:05] | – on one of those potholes. – I got you. | -我车上的球形接合被碰坏了 -好 |
[19:07] | I’ll bring it to the school board. | 我会和教育委员会说的 |
[19:08] | Hey, Jae-won, can we make | 在元 能麻烦你 |
[19:09] | – a note of that, please? – Yeah. | -记一下吗 -好 |
[19:11] | Councilman Pearson’s office. | 皮尔森议员办公室 |
[19:13] | Oh, one moment. | 等一下 |
[19:14] | Councilman Martell’s on the line. | 马泰尔议员找您 |
[19:15] | Uh, please keep holding my calls till 6:00. | 6点前不要转接电话进来 |
[19:19] | So, I first noticed it… | 我第一次注意到… |
[19:23] | Have a great night, Miss Perez. | 晚安 佩雷斯小姐 |
[19:29] | And that is how we govern in District 12. | 这就是我们治理12区的方式 |
[19:31] | You need to leave for your drinks. | 你得出发了 |
[19:33] | I hear you, Bernice, and I’m one foot out the door. | 我知道了 柏妮丝 马上就走 |
[19:35] | J, you can prep me on the way? | J 你在路上给我讲讲 |
[19:37] | Yep. And maybe we can talk about my proposal, | 好 如果有时间的话 |
[19:39] | if there’s time? | 也许我们可以聊聊我的建议 |
[19:40] | Oh, Batman would love nothing more, Robin. | 蝙蝠侠最喜欢这样了 罗宾 |
[19:42] | Can I be someone other than Robin? | 我能不当罗宾当别人吗 |
[19:43] | I mean, he looks Asian, but he isn’t Asian. | 他看起来像亚洲人 但他不是亚洲人 |
[19:45] | – Amadeus Cho, maybe. – Sure, buddy. | -阿玛迪斯·周 -是的 |
[19:47] | You can be Amadeus Cho. | 你可以当阿玛迪斯·周 |
[19:51] | Councilman Pearson, can I have a word? | 皮尔森议员 能和你聊聊吗 |
[19:53] | No, we need to wrap him up by 6:00. | 不 我们需要在6点前把他送出去 |
[19:55] | Well, I would have been here at 5:15, | 我本来5点15就能到这里的 |
[19:56] | but the number two bus was late, | 但2路公交晚了 |
[19:58] | so I had to walk 20 blocks to get here, | 所以我不得不走20条街才来到这 |
[20:00] | just to complain to you about how the bus system is jacked. | 就是为了和你抱怨公交系统一团乱 |
[20:05] | – And it’s only 5:59 by my watch. – Sir, | -而且我的表显示才5点59分 -先生 |
[20:08] | why don’t you come into my office? | 请进我办公室聊聊吧 |
[20:12] | Jae-won, please extend my apologies to the other councilmen. | 在元 请向其他市议员转达我的歉意 |
[20:16] | Tell them I will be there soon. | 告诉他们 我一会就到 |
[20:21] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道sta |
[20:23] | Yes! Those nerds loved us. | 太棒了 那些书呆子们超喜欢我们 |
[20:26] | Huh? You should help me woo clients all the time. | 你以后都应该帮我一起招揽顾客 |
[20:28] | We could star in, like, a TNT procedural, | 我们可以在特纳电视网主演刑侦类节目 |
[20:30] | where we close IT deals. | 但我们就做信息技术交易 |
[20:32] | We’d be cancelled after one season, | 一季播出后我们会被取消续订 |
[20:34] | but the fans would elevate us to cult status. | 但粉丝们会抬高我们的社会地位 |
[20:38] | – Toby. – Yeah? | -托比 -怎么了 |
[20:40] | – Take your shirt off. – Yeah, bossy. | -把你衬衫脱了 -好的 老大 |
[20:42] | Yeah, I like that for your character. | 我喜欢你这专横的性格 |
[20:43] | Toby. | 托比 |
[20:45] | Look, I’ve got, like, a half-day’s worth of sweat under this bad boy. | 我穿着这件衣服出了半天的汗 |
[20:47] | Trust me, you do not want to see my matted chest rug. | 相信我 你不会想看见我乱糟糟的胸毛的 |
[21:03] | Uh, holy crap. | 我去 |
[21:06] | Like, I knew that you lost weight, but I d– | 我知道你减肥了 但我… |
[21:09] | I guess I just haven’t seen you fully undressed. | 我猜我一直没看过你完全裸体 |
[21:12] | I’ve just been so focused on Jack. | 我最近只顾着关注杰克了 |
[21:14] | Yeah, I mean, I mean, you’ve had a lot going on. | 没错 我知道你有许多事要忙 |
[21:16] | So have you. | 你也是 |
[21:18] | New-mom stress has me up ten pounds. | 新手妈妈的压力让我胖了十镑 |
[21:22] | New-dad stress means that you have Popeye arms? | 新手爸爸的压力却让你有了大力水手的胳膊 |
[21:25] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[21:30] | Okay, I-I’ve been going to the gym over the last few months. | 过去几个月里 我一直去健身房锻炼 |
[21:35] | On my lunch break, mostly. | 大多是在我午休时去的 |
[21:37] | Sometimes before or-or after work. | 偶尔在上班前或下班后去 |
[21:42] | I’ve been doing CrossFit. | 我一直在做健身训练 |
[21:46] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[21:47] | Because you were being this rock star mom, | 因为你一直在努力做个好妈妈 |
[21:50] | and I didn’t want to make you feel bad | 我不想让你因为没有精力去健身房 |
[21:52] | for not having the energy to go to the gym, or | 或者没有精力坚持节食减肥 |
[21:54] | stick to a diet right now, or… | 或者别的原因 而感到难过… |
[21:57] | Look, Kate, I had a heart attack at age 38. | 凯特 我38岁时就犯了心脏病 |
[22:02] | And with Jack… | 而杰克… |
[22:06] | He– his life is gonna be challenging enough, | 他的一生已经足够具有挑战性了 |
[22:08] | he doesn’t need to have a dad who’s gonna drop dead one day | 他不需要一个在教他系鞋带的时候 |
[22:11] | trying to teach him how to tie his shoes. | 突然暴毙的爸爸来给他增加负担 |
[22:14] | Oh, like his mom might. | 而他妈妈可能会这样 |
[22:17] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那个意思 |
[22:21] | – Kate… – I get it. | -凯特 -我能理解 |
[22:24] | This just caught me a little off guard. | 我就是有点措手不及 |
[22:45] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[22:47] | Jack, what happened? | 杰克 怎么了 |
[22:51] | He fired me. | 他解雇了我 |
[22:54] | Yeah, I’m done. | 我完了 |
[22:59] | Miguel… Hey. Hey. Where you going? | 米格尔 喂 你要干什么 |
[23:01] | Miguel? | 米格尔 |
[23:03] | Rivas, not now… | 里瓦斯 现在没空 |
[23:04] | Jack has been with this company for almost 20 years. | 杰克在这家公司工作了近20年 |
[23:08] | He’s a hard worker. | 他是名勤恳的员工 |
[23:09] | Has a great relationship with our crews, | 他和我们员工关系都很好 |
[23:11] | and he brings the best chili to the company cookouts. | 在公司野外烧烤时他总带着最棒的辣椒 |
[23:13] | – So if he goes, I go. – Miguel, look, you don’t have to… | -如果他要走 我也走 -米格尔 你不用 |
[23:16] | I am your most successful upper-level account manager. | 我是你业绩最棒的上层客户经理 |
[23:20] | Five of the eight most lucrative deals we made last year, | 去年我们收益最好的生意中 有八分之五 |
[23:23] | I brought those clients in. | 是我引进的客户 |
[23:25] | So I want you to ask yourself, Pritchard, what’s worth more: | 我想让你扪心自问 普里查德 哪个更划算 |
[23:27] | the $20,000 that we’re gonna lose today, | 是今天我们即将损失的两万美元 |
[23:30] | or the hundreds of thousands that you will lose | 还是当我和杰克 还有我所有多金的客户 |
[23:32] | when me, Jack, and all my cash-rich clients walk out of here. | 一起离开这里后 你即将损失的成千上万美元 |
[23:34] | ‘Cause I will do it. | 我一定说到做到 |
[23:37] | I will walk out of here today, and I will not look back. | 我今天就会离开这里 再也不会回来 |
[23:49] | That was so fun, right, Bug? | 太好玩了 是吧 宝贝 |
[23:52] | I would love to do another one of these tapes | 我很愿意以后有机会能再跟你 |
[23:53] | – with you sometime. – Yeah, that would be awesome. | -看着录像带一起运动 -我也很愿意 |
[23:56] | I’m gonna go get some water. Do you want some? | 我要去喝点水 你要喝吗 |
[23:58] | – Mm-hmm. – Okay. | -喝 -好的 |
[24:22] | What part of “Tell your husband not to block the sidewalk” | “告诉你丈夫停车别挡人行道”这句话里 |
[24:25] | Didn’t you understand? | 你是哪个字不明白 |
[24:27] | Really? Not now. Okay, dude? | 你认真的吗 我没心情听你说这个 行吗伙计 |
[24:29] | I just found out my husband | 我刚发现我丈夫 |
[24:31] | has been sneaking off to get ripped, | 一直偷偷溜出去健身 |
[24:33] | while I’m just here at home taking care of our son. | 就在我留在家里照顾儿子的时候 |
[24:36] | So really, I’m not in the mood for your stupid curb drama. | 所以 我真的没心情听你扯挡不挡路的事 |
[24:43] | I’m sorry you’re having a bad day. | 很抱歉你今天过得不好 |
[24:46] | I had a massive stroke two and a half years ago. | 两年半前我严重中风了 |
[24:49] | Almost punched my ticket. | 差点回不来 |
[24:51] | I had to relearn how to do everything. | 我被迫重新学习做每件事 |
[24:52] | How to walk, talk, even how to chew and swallow. | 如何走路 说话 甚至如何咀嚼和吞咽 |
[24:56] | I finally did it, though. | 不过我终于做到了 |
[24:58] | And a week later, I lost my job. | 可一周后 我失业了 |
[25:02] | Oh, I’m so sorry. It’s awful… | 真抱歉 你太不容易了… |
[25:04] | Not done yet. | 我还没说完 |
[25:05] | My only goal right now is to be able to walk | 我现在唯一的目标甚至有点可悲 |
[25:07] | just one pathetic mile. | 就是坚持走一英里 |
[25:09] | So every morning, I walk around this block. | 所以每天早上 我都会绕着这个街区走 |
[25:12] | I’m not fast, but I do it. | 虽然走不快 但我一直坚持 |
[25:14] | Unless your husband blocks the sidewalk, | 除非你丈夫停车挡住了人行道 |
[25:15] | and I can’t get past. | 我就过不去了 |
[25:17] | If he does again tomorrow, I’m keying his car. | 如果他明天还这样做 我就拿钥匙划他的车 |
[25:19] | This hand still works fine. | 这只手还可以用 |
[25:24] | This is me storming away! | 我正在愤怒暴走着离开 |
[25:27] | Don’t blink, you’ll miss it. | 别眨眼 小心看不到 |
[25:30] | All right, little mamas… | 好了 小姑娘们… |
[25:33] | chicken parm is in the oven, | 鸡扒在烤箱里了 |
[25:35] | we have 30 minutes on the timer, | 我们有30分钟的时间 |
[25:38] | catch me up on your days. | 跟我聊聊你们的生活 |
[25:39] | I want to know everything. | 我想知道所有事 |
[25:42] | My math teacher looks like Zendaya. | 我的数学老师长得像赞达亚 |
[25:44] | Wait, cute Spider-Man Zendaya | 可爱的蜘蛛侠赞达亚 |
[25:46] | or HBO drugged-out Zendaya? | 还是HBO剧毒瘾少女赞达亚 |
[25:48] | Wait, I’ll be right back. | 等等 我马上回来 |
[25:53] | What about you, huh? | 你呢 |
[25:54] | How was your day? | 你过得怎么样 |
[25:56] | You make any friends you want to tell me about? | 交了什么想告诉我的新朋友吗 |
[26:00] | Not really. It was pretty average. | 没有 很平常 |
[26:03] | People, classes, you know. | 人们 上课 就那样 |
[26:11] | You got my text? | 你收到我的短信了 |
[26:13] | Yeah, I’m pretty good at using the phone. | 是啊 手机我还是很会用的 |
[26:17] | Listen, um… | 是这样… |
[26:21] | You hear anything about me in school? | 你在学校听说我的事了吗 |
[26:23] | No. Like what? | 没有 什么事 |
[26:26] | I mean, you running for student council | 你在竞选学生会吗 |
[26:28] | or something lame like that? | 还是什么别的逊事 |
[26:32] | No, no. Not quite. Um… | 不 不是… |
[26:38] | Thing is, I-I, I have a daughter. | 我… 我有一个女儿 |
[26:41] | She’s six months old. | 她六个月大了 |
[26:43] | I knew you might hear about it at school, | 我知道你可能在学校听说 |
[26:46] | and I didn’t want to tell you over text. | 而我不想通过短信告诉你 |
[26:50] | Her-her, her mom and I were together for a while, and… | 我和她妈妈交往了一段时间 然后… |
[26:55] | …well, she got pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[26:58] | See, her-her parents wanted to put Janelle– | 她父母想让珍妮尔 |
[27:01] | that’s my girl, Janelle, um… | 就是我的女儿 珍妮尔… |
[27:04] | wanted to put her up for adoption, | 送去被领养 |
[27:06] | but me, me and my parents didn’t want that, | 但我 我和我父母不想 |
[27:07] | so… so we got her. | 所以…她就跟我们生活了 |
[27:22] | Hey, I did the session. | 我参与了疗程 |
[27:23] | You want to go to jail? | 你想坐牢吗 |
[27:26] | Is that what you want? | 那就是你想要的吗 |
[27:26] | Because that’s what your future holds | 因为如果你不认真对待的话 |
[27:27] | if you don’t start taking this seriously. | 那就是你的未来 |
[27:29] | Yeah, well, at least if I go to jail, | 好啊 至少如果我进了监狱 |
[27:30] | you won’t keep coming around to bust my balls. | 你就不会一直来烦我了 |
[27:33] | Hey! What?! | 干什么 |
[27:35] | Did you know that I was sober for over a year? | 你知道我已经戒酒一年多了吗 |
[27:37] | And then I came here and I met you, | 然后我来到这里 见到你 |
[27:39] | and then, guess what, I started drinking again. | 你猜怎么着 我又开始喝酒了 |
[27:41] | – Did you know that? – I didn’t ask you to come back. | -你知道吗 -我又没叫你回来 |
[27:43] | Well, I did. | 但我回来了 |
[27:44] | I’m your brother’s son, all right? | 我是你哥哥的儿子 好吗 |
[27:47] | And I have come here twice now for you. | 我已经为你来过两次了 |
[27:51] | And if you’re not gonna show me a little bit of gratitude, | 如果你对我没有一点感激之情 |
[27:53] | perhaps you can search deep down inside somewhere, | 也许你可以在内心深处某个地方 |
[27:55] | and find, like, an ounce of understanding. | 找寻一下对我有没有一丝的理解 |
[28:01] | Damn, I need a meeting. You know, this… | 该死 我需要一个互助会 你知道… |
[28:05] | I’m going to a meeting, and you’re coming with me, okay? | 我要去互助会 你跟我一起去 好吗 |
[28:07] | And I don’t give a damn if you wait in the car or not, | 不管你是在车里等 还是干什么 |
[28:09] | but I’m not leaving you here, and I need a meeting, | 我不会把你留在这里 而我需要一个互助会 |
[28:11] | so let’s go. | 所以走吧 |
[28:14] | Get up. Let’s go. | 站起来 我们走 |
[28:20] | Hey. You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[28:23] | What’d you do? | 你做了什么 |
[28:24] | I was out of dress code. | 我没穿对衣服 |
[28:26] | That’s what you’re freaking out about? | 就为这事你吓成这个样子 |
[28:28] | What, was your shirt not tucked deep enough | 怎么 是因为你的衬衫没有塞进 |
[28:30] | into your old man pants? | 你的老爹裤子里吗 |
[28:31] | This is not funny! | 不好笑 |
[28:35] | Come on. Let me see your slip. | 来吧 我看看你的罚单 |
[28:40] | You want Mom in a hurry or Mom before bed? | 你想要妈妈潦草的字还是认真的字 |
[28:44] | Never mind. | 当我没问 |
[28:45] | – Wait, you can’t do that! – It’s fine. | -等等 你不能这样 -没事的 |
[28:47] | I do this all the time. | 我常干这事儿 |
[28:49] | This way Mom and Dad will never know | 这样爸爸妈妈就不会知道 |
[28:51] | you got in trouble. | 你有麻烦了 |
[28:54] | Come on, man, just calm down. | 拜托 兄弟 冷静点 |
[28:57] | It’s gonna be okay. Calm down. | 不会有事的 冷静 |
[29:01] | I don’t know how they let the quarterback | 我不知道他们是怎么让 |
[29:03] | who won them the Super Bowl become a free agent. | 赢了超级碗的四分卫成了自由球员 |
[29:05] | You sure the Eagles roster is outside your purview? | 你确定你接触不到老鹰乐队的人吗 |
[29:08] | Mr. Morris, I’m gonna take your experiences | 摩里斯先生 我会把你的经历 |
[29:10] | to the Transportation Committee. | 告诉交通委员会 |
[29:12] | – I really appreciate it, Councilman. – I appreciate you, sir. | -我真的很感激 议员先生 -更谢谢你 先生 |
[29:15] | – Take care. – 6:52. | -再见 -6点52分了 |
[29:16] | Oh, my goodness, I know, Bernice. | 天哪 我知道了 柏妮丝 |
[29:18] | I’m headed over there now. | 我现在就过去 |
[29:21] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[29:22] | Sir, that door’s off the hinges on purpose. | 先生 那扇门是故意拆掉的 |
[29:24] | I just got a call about putting it back. | 刚有人打电话让我把它装回去 |
[29:27] | Having the door off is a fire hazard. | 门不装铰链不符合消防规定 |
[29:34] | Uh, excuse me, everyone, | 不好意思 各位 |
[29:35] | could you, could you give us the room? | 能给我们谈话的空间吗 |
[29:39] | Please. | 拜托 |
[29:49] | I think I’ve been pretty patient with all the eye rolls | 我对你所有的翻白眼 叹息和语气 |
[29:52] | and the sighs and the attitude. | 都很有耐心了 |
[29:56] | To be clear… | 我要说明一点… |
[29:58] | I am the councilman here. Not you. | 我是这里的议员 你不是 |
[30:01] | Then you need to start acting like it. | 那你就应该表现得像个议员 |
[30:04] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[30:05] | You’re a politician, not a therapist. | 你是政客 不是心理医生 |
[30:08] | You’re new, naive, and you have no track record here. | 你是新来的 很天真 你在这里没有任何记录 |
[30:11] | You need to spend your time trying to get the 16 people | 你需要花时间让和你一起执政的16个人 |
[30:15] | you govern with on your side. | 全心全意支持你 |
[30:17] | Not gabbing with every Joe Schmoe off the street. | 而不是和街上所有的乔·施莫闲聊 |
[30:22] | But I shouldn’t be telling you this. | 但不该是由我告诉你这个 |
[30:24] | Your chief of staff should. | 应该是你的首席顾问 |
[30:27] | And what are you saying? | 那你的意思是 |
[30:30] | You really want to serve these people, hmm? | 你要是真的想为这些人服务 |
[30:33] | You need someone who understands how city council works. | 你需要一个了解市议会运作方式的人 |
[30:37] | And who’s not pulling double duty | 而不是一个又当参谋长 |
[30:38] | as your best friend. So what am I saying? | 又当好朋友的人 我的意思是什么 |
[30:42] | Let me be clear: You need to fire Jae-won. | 让我说明确点 你需要解雇在元 |
[30:55] | Our son soils an incredible amount | 我们14磅重的儿子 |
[30:57] | – of clothing for a 14-pound being. – Yeah. | -居然能弄脏这么多衣服 -是啊 |
[31:00] | His main passion in life is making things | 他生活中最有激情的事情就是 |
[31:03] | inside his body suddenly appear outside of his body, so… | 突然排泄和吐奶 所以… |
[31:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:10] | Hey, look, I’m, uh… | 听着 我… |
[31:12] | I’m sorry I kept all that CrossFit stuff from you. | 很抱歉 我没告诉你健身训练的事 |
[31:14] | I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不该那么做的 |
[31:17] | It’s just hard. | 我只是很难受 |
[31:19] | You know, seeing you lose so much weight, | 看到你瘦了这么多 |
[31:21] | and I’m doing the opposite. | 而我却越来越胖 |
[31:23] | And it took me by surprise. | 而且我没有心理准备 |
[31:26] | Seeing you in all those new clothes today, | 今天看到你穿着新衣服 |
[31:28] | it really shook me. | 我真的很震惊 |
[31:32] | But that’s my problem. | 但那是我的问题 |
[31:34] | I’m so happy that you’re getting healthy, | 我很高兴你越来越健康 |
[31:36] | and you look amazing. | 你看起来棒极了 |
[31:39] | Seriously, you look like Vin Diesel’s body double. | 说真的 你看起来像是文·迪塞尔的替身 |
[31:42] | You know that The Pacifier’s my guilty pleasure. | 你知道的 我特别爱看《超级奶爸》 |
[31:44] | Yes. All too well. | 对 我很清楚 |
[31:49] | So no more secrets, okay? | 所以别再有秘密了 好吗 |
[31:52] | No more secrets. | 不再有秘密 |
[31:56] | I’m glad you decided to come. | 很高兴你来了 |
[31:58] | I’m just here for the snacks. | 我只是来吃小吃的 |
[32:01] | – Drinking gives me a salt tooth. – Got it. | -喝酒使我胃口大开 -明白了 |
[32:09] | I mean, of all the AA meetings | 真巧啊 这世上那么多城镇 |
[32:12] | in all the towns in all the world. | 有那么多戒酒互助会 |
[32:13] | – You gonna really sit next to me? – No, I’m sitting over there. | -你真的要坐在我旁边吗 -不 我坐在那边 |
[32:33] | Can I sit? | 我能进来坐吗 |
[32:44] | The boy I like has a baby. | 我喜欢的男孩有个孩子 |
[32:49] | Damn. | 我靠 |
[32:51] | I know. | 是吧 |
[32:53] | Do you still like him? | 那你还喜欢他吗 |
[32:55] | It’s… I don’t know. | 这… 我不知道 |
[32:58] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂 |
[33:04] | You know, you seemed pretty complicated, too, | 你之前也让我感觉挺复杂的 |
[33:06] | when you showed up. | 你刚来的时候 |
[33:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:15] | Now it’s your turn. | 该你说了 |
[33:22] | I thought the one good thing about a new school | 我以为转到新学校 |
[33:25] | would be that I didn’t have to come out. | 好处就是 我不用再出柜了 |
[33:29] | I could just be out. | 我可以直接表现出来 |
[33:32] | But a girl I was sitting with at lunch | 但今天坐我旁边吃午饭的女生 |
[33:34] | asked me if I thought this football player was hot | 问我觉得某个橄榄球运动员性不性感时 |
[33:38] | and I said yes. | 我说了性感 |
[33:42] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[33:45] | And it sucks, like, | 而且糟糕的是 |
[33:47] | I used to want to talk to my mom about stuff, | 以前我都会想跟妈妈谈谈 |
[33:53] | but it’s harder now. | 但现在变得难以启齿了 |
[33:58] | Well, sometimes, | 有时候 |
[34:01] | even when you don’t say anything, | 就算你什么都不说 |
[34:04] | they’re still there, you know? | 他们也会守在那里 |
[34:07] | I mean, even when they don’t know what’s going on, | 就算根本不了解情况 |
[34:10] | Randall and Beth are just there. | 兰德尔和贝丝都会陪着我们 |
[34:13] | That’s one thing that’s really cool about this house. | 这是这个家超级棒的一点 |
[34:22] | – Man, a baby! – Oh, God. | -天啊 有孩子了 -老天啊 |
[34:26] | – Please. – Oh, stepmom? | -别闹了 -给人当后妈吗 |
[34:39] | So you good? | 你还好吗 |
[34:41] | You were really freaking out today. | 你今天真的吓坏了 |
[34:48] | Randall, for real. | 兰德尔 我说真的 |
[34:54] | It felt like my heart was gonna explode. | 感觉我心脏都要炸开了 |
[34:58] | Do you think it was, like, a heart attack? | 你觉得会不会是 心脏病 |
[35:01] | Kevin told me. | 凯文告诉我了 |
[35:03] | Maybe it was just, like, puberty. | 也许只是因为青春期什么的 |
[35:05] | They say your body does a bunch of weird stuff. | 据说青春期身上会有很多奇怪的变化 |
[35:09] | Thanks for coming today. | 谢谢你今天过来 |
[35:11] | Whatever. I was bored. | 没什么 我也挺无聊的 |
[35:15] | I kissed Stewart Alberghini at the pool. | 在游泳池的时候我亲了斯图尔特·阿尔博基尼 |
[35:19] | Stewart Alberghini? | 斯图尔特·阿尔博基尼 |
[35:27] | Would you ever like a girl who’s bigger than you? | 你们会喜欢块头比你们大的女生吗 |
[35:30] | I’m gonna marry Cindy Crawford. | 我要和辛迪·克劳馥结婚 |
[35:32] | She’s, like, 5’9″ and way bigger than me. | 她将近一米八 块头比我大多了 |
[35:37] | Hey, do you know who Arsenio Hall is? | 你们知道谁是阿瑟尼奥·豪尔吗 |
[35:39] | Randall, you really need | 兰德尔 你以后 |
[35:41] | to stop spending all your time reading. | 别只知道看书行吗 |
[35:46] | So… | 话说回来 |
[35:49] | Stewart Alberghini. | 斯图尔特·阿尔博基尼啊 |
[35:51] | Okay, guys, thank you. | 好了 谢谢你们两个 |
[36:00] | This is Miguel. | 我是米格尔 |
[36:01] | Hey, man, you busy? | 在忙吗 |
[36:03] | Uh, no, I’m-I– Well, yeah, | 没 我…是在忙 |
[36:05] | I’m-I’m just going through a-a mountain of paperwork here. | 我在处理堆积如山的文书 |
[36:08] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[36:10] | Yeah, I’m still employed, so… | 还好 饭碗还在 所以… |
[36:14] | Hey, look, | 听我说 |
[36:16] | I know we don’t ever say | 我知道我们之间 |
[36:18] | any mushy things to each other, but | 从来不说肉麻的话 不过 |
[36:21] | I mean, if we did, | 如果能说的话 |
[36:22] | th-this would definitely be one of those times. | 这次肯定就得说了 |
[36:24] | Jack, are you– are you trying to tell me that you love me? | 杰克 你是要跟我说你爱我吗 |
[36:28] | Is that what you’re trying to do here? | 你是想说这个吗 |
[36:29] | Because I got to tell you, man, | 我得告诉你 老兄 |
[36:29] | – I’m a married man, so… – No. | -我结婚了 所以… -不是 |
[36:33] | No, what I’m trying to tell you is | 我是想告诉你 |
[36:38] | if you ever need anything, big or small, | 如果你有任何需要 无论大事小事 |
[36:41] | and I, and I hear that you went to anyone other than me, | 要是让我听说你去求助除我以外的任何人 |
[36:44] | I’m gonna kick your sorry ass. | 我就揍死你 |
[36:48] | Well, I love you, too, snookums, and I appreciate that. | 我也爱你 宝贝 谢谢你这么说 |
[36:51] | You know what, I’m-I’m hanging up now. | 算了吧 我挂了 |
[36:53] | No, wait, Jack, Jack. | 别 等等 杰克 杰克 |
[36:56] | Any time, man. | 我随时都在 |
[37:04] | Hey, Kev, what are you doing? You should be in bed. | 小凯 干什么呢 该睡觉了 |
[37:07] | There’s something we all need to do right now. | 有件事我们得立刻做 |
[37:10] | I think it’s important. | 我觉得很重要 |
[37:14] | I’m off to a good start, huh? | 真是开门红啊 |
[37:17] | What are you guys doing? | 你们干什么呢 |
[37:21] | I thought we could all watch the Arsenio Hall Show together. | 我们可以一起看《阿瑟尼奥·豪尔秀》 |
[37:30] | Just tonight. | 下不为例 |
[37:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[37:37] | Did I miss Wilkins and Ramirez? | 我跟威尔金斯和拉米雷斯错过了吗 |
[37:39] | Yeah, no, they left, like, ten minutes ago. | 是啊 他们大概十分钟前刚刚离开 |
[37:48] | How’d it go at the office? | 办公室那边怎么样了 |
[37:55] | J? | 小在 |
[37:59] | Now I’m gonna go tell that handyman | 现在我去告诉那个师傅 |
[38:00] | to put the door back on the hinges. | 重新把门的铰链装上 |
[38:05] | You have a lot of experience that I don’t. | 你具备非常丰富的从政经验 而我没有 |
[38:08] | I know the value of what you bring to the table, | 我很清楚你在这份工作中能带来的价值 |
[38:12] | but I can’t have someone on my staff who openly disrespects me, | 但我不能接受我的属下公开不尊重我 |
[38:16] | my policies, and my friend. | 不尊重我的政策和我的朋友 |
[38:19] | You mean your chief of staff. | 你是说你的首席顾问吧 |
[38:23] | I’m sorry, Bernice, | 抱歉 柏妮丝 |
[38:25] | today will be your last day. | 今天是你最后一天上班了 |
[38:32] | Okay. I’ll start getting résumés tomorrow. | 好吧 我明天开始招新人 |
[38:36] | She called us naive. She right? | 她说我们幼稚 她说得对吗 |
[38:41] | Yes. We are naive. | 对啊 我们都很幼稚 |
[38:44] | We’re unhinged, right? | 毕竟我们脑子坏了 对吧 |
[38:45] | That’s what Bernice and all those old-school guys think. | 柏妮丝和那些老派的家伙们都这么想 |
[38:48] | If, at the end of your term, you’ve maybe | 假如在你的任期快结束的时候 |
[38:51] | made a couple good changes, | 也许你做出了一些好的改变 |
[38:53] | and you spent most of your time just playing power games | 但你却把大部分时间用在市政厅玩权谋游戏 |
[38:55] | in city hall, is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[38:58] | We’re not career politicians, Randall. | 我们不是职业政客 兰德尔 |
[39:00] | And this isn’t some stepping stone to some bigger gig for us. | 再说这对我们来说 也不是谋求上位的垫脚石 |
[39:03] | This is the gig. | 这就是我们的工作 |
[39:08] | We’re gonna have to get a doorstop tomorrow. | 我们明天得去弄一个门挡 |
[39:10] | Apparently having it off its hinges is a fire hazard. | 据说不装门铰链不符合消防规定 |
[39:12] | Oh, well, in that case, we’re done for. | 那我们可就完蛋了 |
[39:18] | – Let’s talk about your proposal. – Yeah? | -说说你的求婚计划吧 -真的吗 |
[39:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:25] | So, um, Hannah comes in, | 到时候 汉娜走进屋 |
[39:28] | and I’m gonna have the candles lit, | 我会在屋里点上蜡烛 |
[39:29] | a martini in hand, | 手里拿着一杯马提尼酒 |
[39:31] | and “Everlong” By the Foo Fighters playing. | 同时放着喷火战机乐队的《永远》 |
[39:33] | The Foo Fighters, really? | 喷火战机乐队 认真的吗 |
[39:35] | Dude, the acoustic version? | 大哥 不插电的版本 |
[39:37] | Come– That is, like, the most romantic song on the planet. | 拜托 那简直是世界上最浪漫的歌啊 |
[39:40] | I will take your word for it. | 我相信你 |
[39:47] | That’s my posse right here. Give ’em a couple of these. | 这就是我的护卫队 让他们看到我们的热情 |
[39:53] | Honestly, I’ve been struggling quite a bit today. | 说实话 我今天其实纠结了很长时间 |
[39:58] | I’ve been wanting to drink pretty badly. | 我最近都非常想喝酒 |
[40:01] | So, uh, I’ve been using this technique that I learned. | 所以我一直在用我之前学到的一个小技巧 |
[40:05] | They say you picture your– your reasons not to drink | 他们说你可以想象你想要戒酒的原因 |
[40:07] | and then you, um, you just sort of use them as a mantra. | 然后 就可以把他们当做咒语来使用 |
[40:11] | Like, for me, I-I picture, um, | 比如对我来说 我会想着 |
[40:14] | I picture my nephew’s room. | 我会想象我外甥的房间 |
[40:17] | I picture, uh, his-his robot poster, | 我会想他的机器人海报 |
[40:21] | panda lamp. | 熊猫灯 |
[40:23] | He’s got this, um, this handmade mini football stadium, | 他还有一个手工制作的迷你橄榄球场 |
[40:28] | complete with a tiny Terry Bradshaw. | 里面还有一个迷你的特里·布莱德肖 |
[40:34] | I wasn’t sober when my nephew was born, | 我外甥出生的时候我还在醉酒 |
[40:37] | but I have been sober every day since. | 可是从那一天起我滴酒未沾 |
[40:43] | But sometimes I wonder why. | 但有的时候我也会琢磨为什么会这样 |
[40:49] | I’m not really doing anything with my life | 我并不是要做什么事情 |
[40:51] | where I need to stay sober. | 而为此我必须戒酒 |
[40:53] | I just thought, at this point, | 我只是觉得 这一次 |
[40:54] | my life would have a little more purpose. | 我希望我的人生可以稍微多一点意义 |
[40:58] | I just broke up with this really wonderful woman. | 我刚刚和一位非常好的女人分手 |
[41:00] | I just turned down this | 我刚刚拒绝了一部 |
[41:03] | really wonderful movie. | 非常好的电影邀约 |
[41:06] | Was that a mistake? | 我这是在犯错吗 |
[41:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:11] | I’m not getting any younger, that’s for sure. | 我不会越来越年轻了 这是肯定的 |
[41:13] | You know, hopefully, with age, | 但我真心希望 随着年龄的增长 |
[41:16] | just comes a little more, uh, gravitas, right? | 我可以变得更沉稳一点 对吗 |
[41:19] | But it’s not up to us. | 但这事我们说了不算 |
[41:22] | I mean, it could be, you know… | 我想说的是 也许我们… |
[41:25] | “Welcome to Jowl City” at 50, right? And then what? | 五十岁的时候还很诱惑力 对吧 然后呢 |
[41:28] | I’m-I’m the guy in the AARP ads that’s, like, uh, | 或者变成了美国退休人员协会广告里的老头子 |
[41:31] | just thrilled to death that he can still wipe his own ass. | 自己能擦个屁股就已经高兴得要死了 |
[41:33] | I mean, if that’s why I’m staying sober, I… | 如果这就是我戒酒的原因 我… |
[41:38] | I’m sorry, it’s just this is really stupid. | 不好意思 但你这番话真的是太傻了 |
[41:46] | I mean, right? | 简直了 |
[41:49] | Excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[41:51] | I need you two to calm yourselves. | 我希望你们两位冷静一下 |
[42:02] | If you can’t be respectful, you three need to leave. | 如果你们不能尊重他人 那请你们三个离开 |
[42:32] | I’m not fast, either. | 我也走不快 |
[42:38] | We’re gonna look like the toughest gang | 我们一定是这片社区里 |
[42:39] | in this neighborhood. | 最凶悍的组合 |