时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:01] | You want your husband back? | 你希望跟你老公和好吗 |
[00:02] | Yes. | 想 |
[00:05] | Well, then we should get him back. | 那我们就去把他找回来 |
[00:07] | I think it’s time we got out of this place, you know? | 我觉得咱们是时候从这个地方搬出去了 |
[00:10] | Get into a home. | 搬进一个新家 |
[00:13] | And start a new chapter. | 开始新的生活 |
[00:18] | Hey, Mom, it’s Kevin. | 妈 我是凯文 |
[00:19] | I got married, uh, to Sophie, yeah. | 我结婚了 娶了索菲 是的 |
[00:21] | Got married to Sophie. | 我和索菲结婚了 |
[00:34] | Babe? | 亲爱的 |
[00:37] | I can’t find it. | 我找不到 |
[00:39] | Hey, what about this? Will this do? | 这个呢 这个行吗 |
[00:41] | We can’t have our first dinner | 我们在第一栋房子里 |
[00:43] | in our first house on terrycloth. | 吃的第一顿晚餐不能用毛巾布 |
[00:45] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[00:46] | See? This is perfect. | 你看 多么完美 |
[00:49] | It’s gonna look so good on our table… | 到时候放在餐桌上肯定很漂亮… |
[00:52] | – Where’s our table? – Finding table. | -我们的餐桌呢 -正在找 |
[01:01] | Morning. How’d you sleep? | 早上好 睡得好吗 |
[01:04] | Weird. I kept waking up and forgetting where I was. | 很奇怪 醒了好几次 总忘记自己在哪里 |
[01:06] | Me, too. I mean, we only moved in a month ago. | 我也是 毕竟才刚搬进来一个月 |
[01:09] | I feel like it’s gonna take some time | 我觉得应该还需要一段时间 |
[01:11] | for it to feel like home. | 这里才会更有家的感觉 |
[01:12] | Can you grab me that other chair? | 可以把那个椅子递给我吗 |
[01:14] | Please, Bug? | 可以吗 宝贝 |
[01:15] | Do you really think a fancy dinner is gonna make it | 你真觉得吃一顿豪华晚餐就能让我们淡忘 |
[01:17] | less bizarre that Kevin got married | 凯文脱离青春期五岁就结婚 |
[01:19] | five years after puberty? | 这件事有多疯狂吗 |
[01:21] | He doesn’t even understand how a checking account works. | 他连存款账户怎么用都不知道 |
[01:23] | Kate, we’ve talked about this. | 凯特 我们已经聊过这件事了 |
[01:25] | What’s done is done. Now we just have to support them. | 事已至此 我们只能支持他们 |
[01:29] | I actually think it’ll be fun to have something to celebrate. | 我觉得有个事情庆祝一下挺好的 |
[01:32] | Randall’s bringing his new girlfriend, | 兰德尔会带他的新女友来 |
[01:34] | Miguel’s gonna bring some fancy bottle of wine… | 米格尔会拿一瓶比较好的红酒来 |
[01:37] | And a sleeping bag. | 再带个睡袋来 |
[01:40] | What? He’s here all the time. | 怎么 反正他也总来 |
[01:42] | He also talked the Realtor down and fixed the gutters. | 他帮我们跟房产中介砍价 还修好了排水沟 |
[01:44] | So I think that at least deserves a dinner invitation. | 至少应该邀请人家来吃顿饭 |
[01:48] | I’m off to work. | 我去上班啦 |
[01:49] | Hey, how is work, by the way? | 对了 你的工作如何 |
[01:51] | You seem to really be liking it. | 你似乎很喜欢 |
[01:53] | Yeah, it’s okay. A little boring. | 还行吧 有点无聊 |
[01:59] | Hey, does anyone actually work here? | 这家店有人上班吗 |
[02:03] | – Go. – I know, I’m gonna go. | -快去 -我知道 这就去 |
[02:06] | Hello. | 有人吗 |
[02:08] | Yeah. Coming. | 有 来了 |
[02:18] | Baby, slow down. | 宝贝 慢点吃 |
[02:20] | I have to go over my science presentation, | 我得看一遍科学课演讲 |
[02:24] | before school. | 都得在上学之前 |
[02:26] | All right, well, what’s Spanish for “Chew”? | 好 “咀嚼”西班牙语怎么说 |
[02:28] | – Masticar. – Then do that. | -masticar -那就好好做 |
[02:32] | Good morning, my breakfast beauties. | 早上好 吃早餐的美女们 |
[02:34] | Who’s ready to own this day? | 准备好度过精彩的一天了吗 |
[02:36] | Hey, you were out early this morning. | 你今天早上出门很早 |
[02:37] | – I didn’t even see you. – I did. | -我都没看到你 -我看到了 |
[02:39] | That’s right. ‘Cause we’re early birds. | 没错 因为我们是早起的鸟儿 |
[02:42] | Getting that worm. | 有虫吃 |
[02:45] | Ten miles. Best time. No big deal. | 跑了十英里 时间破了记录 不值一提 |
[02:48] | Ten miles? What are you, training for a marathon? | 十英里 怎么 你在训练跑马拉松吗 |
[02:50] | I just felt good and I kept going. | 我就是感觉很好 就继续跑了 |
[02:53] | Hey, Dej. Cereal? | 黛佳 吃麦片吗 |
[02:56] | One-third Corn Flakes, two-thirds Cheerios, | 1/3玉米片 2/3麦圈 |
[02:58] | just like you like it. | 是你喜欢的配方 |
[02:59] | You think cereal is gonna make me forget | 你觉得给我一份麦片 我就能原谅你们 |
[03:01] | you treat me like a child who can’t make her own decisions about who to date? | 当我一个无法自主决定跟谁在一起的孩子吗 |
[03:05] | That was the plan. | 是这么计划的来着 |
[03:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:10] | You’re gonna need a better plan, man. | 你得想个好点的计划了 |
[03:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:14] | Hey, Kate. | 凯特 |
[03:15] | Okay, you have to tell me what the baby gift is. | 你得告诉我 你给宝宝准备了什么礼物 |
[03:17] | I don’t. It’ll ruin the surprise. | 不行 会破坏惊喜的 |
[03:20] | Oh, is it a pony? | 是一匹小马吗 |
[03:21] | Huh, Randall? I’d love a pony. | 兰德尔 我喜欢小马 |
[03:23] | Or a, or a hot tub. | 或者 或者热水浴缸 |
[03:25] | For a baby? | 给一个婴儿吗 |
[03:27] | Look, I don’t know. | 我可不知道 |
[03:28] | The Pearson men are known for their grand gestures. | 皮尔森家的男人们以大手笔出名 |
[03:31] | It could be literally anything. | 真的是一切皆有可能 |
[03:32] | – Yeah. – In the meantime, listen, I got to go. | -是啊 -与此同时 我得走了 |
[03:34] | I’m off to the gun show. All right. | 我要去锻炼了 好了 |
[03:37] | Love you. Bye, Randall. | 爱你 再见 兰德尔 |
[03:38] | It’s not a pony or a hot tub. | 不是小马 也不是热水浴缸 |
[03:41] | But it is from me and Kevin. | 但是我和凯文一起送的 |
[03:42] | He made me promise I’d tell you that. | 他逼我答应这么跟你说 |
[03:44] | Even though it was my idea, and I did everything | 尽管是我的主意 一切都是我做的 |
[03:46] | while he did nothing. | 他什么都没做 |
[03:47] | So you call me first when it gets there. | 等礼物到了 你先打给我 |
[03:49] | Okay. Hey, um… | 好吧 对了… |
[03:52] | I’m worried about Kev. | 我担心小凯 |
[03:53] | I mean, he bought a trailer? | 他买了一辆房车 |
[03:55] | In Pennsylvania? | 在宾夕法尼亚州 |
[04:05] | Quiet’s nice, huh? | 静悄悄的 挺好的对吧 |
[04:10] | It was. | 本来是挺好 |
[04:13] | So… what was it like growing up with my dad? | 跟我爸一起长大是什么感受 |
[04:16] | Hmm? Tell me a story about his childhood. | 跟我说一件他小时候的事 |
[04:21] | He liked ice cream. | 他喜欢冰淇淋 |
[04:27] | Yeah. That’s a good story. | 是个好故事 |
[04:29] | That’s-that’s a great story. Uh, I’m gonna expand on that a bit. | 是个很好的故事 那我补充一下 |
[04:32] | I remember when I was a kid, my dad used to come home, | 我记得我小时候 我爸回家时 |
[04:35] | sometimes he’d bring these, uh, these cartons of ice cream. | 有时候会带几盒纸盒包装的冰淇淋 |
[04:41] | You know, the, the ones with the cardboard sides | 就是带纸板边的那种 |
[04:43] | that you’d fold down, | 你把它们折下去 |
[04:44] | leaving just a brick of ice cream? | 中间只摆个冰淇淋砖块 |
[04:47] | Anyway, he’d, um… | 总之 他会… |
[04:50] | – Right there? – Right there. | -从这切吗 -就这里 |
[04:51] | He’d cut it like it was a cake. | 他就像切蛋糕一样切冰淇淋 |
[04:52] | Big old cut, oh! | 切一大块 |
[05:02] | God, I really loved that. | 天啊 我真的好喜欢他那样 |
[05:09] | Nothing. Okay, great. | 什么都不想说 好吧 很好 |
[05:15] | Mm. You, uh, you looking forward | 你期待 |
[05:17] | – to the hockey game today? – Yeah, I was. | -今天的冰球比赛吗 -本来是的 |
[05:19] | – Yeah. – But then I remembered I don’t really want to go, so… | -好吧 -但后来觉得不是很想去 所以 |
[05:22] | Listen, they’re honoring vets at tonight’s game. | 今天的比赛他们会向退伍军人致敬 |
[05:25] | They’re inviting Cassidy down on the ice, | 他们会请卡西迪到冰面上 |
[05:26] | it’s a whole thing. | 比赛和致敬安排在一起 |
[05:28] | Plus I might have told her | 而且我可能已经告诉她 |
[05:29] | I’d help her win her husband back. | 我会帮她赢回她丈夫 |
[05:32] | You… have | 你… |
[05:34] | strange relationships with people. | 跟别人的关系真奇怪 |
[05:37] | Might be the nicest thing you ever said to me. | 这可能是你对我说过的最好听的话 |
[05:41] | Councilman. | 议员先生 |
[05:42] | Ah… there’s the man that stood me up for drinks. | 酒局放我鸽子的人来了 |
[05:44] | Thank you for meeting me. | 感谢你见我 |
[05:45] | I’m really sorry about the other night. | 那晚的事 我深感歉意 |
[05:48] | I hate missing a good Scotch | 我也不想错过上好的苏格兰威士忌 |
[05:49] | and a healthy debate on gentrification. | 和关于贵族化的良性辩论 |
[05:51] | Well, it didn’t sit too well with a few councilmen | 鉴于你显然有更重要的事要做 |
[05:54] | that you obviously had better things to do, but we | 其他几位议员有些不满 但之后 |
[05:57] | consoled ourselves with steaks at Del Frisco’s afterward. | 德尔弗里斯科餐厅的牛排安抚了我们 |
[06:03] | Ah, excuse me, this is my daughter’s school. | 不好意思 是我女儿学校打来的 |
[06:07] | Hello. Yes. | 喂 是的 |
[06:13] | So, did you talk to my wife? She didn’t? | 您跟我太太说过了吗 她没接 |
[06:18] | Okay. Um, I will be right there. | 好吧 我马上就过去 |
[06:24] | Councilman, I’m so sorry, I have to go. | 议员先生 我很抱歉 但我得走了 |
[06:27] | Um… my daughter had a panic attack. | 我女儿急性焦虑症发作了 |
[06:51] | Okay. Two of the legs are now | 好了 现在两条腿已经 |
[06:53] | officially attached. We just have to find the others. | 稳稳地装好了 只要找到剩下的两条就好了 |
[06:56] | Where is the big pot? | 那口大锅去哪儿了 |
[06:58] | I can’t make lasagna without the big pot. | 没有大锅 我做不了千层面 |
[07:00] | Oh, baby, that’s a problem, because I-I’m starving. | 亲爱的 那就有问题了 因为我饿死了 |
[07:03] | And I think, I think I might have forgotten | 我想起来 我可能忘了 |
[07:05] | to pack the big pot. | 把大锅打包了 |
[07:06] | How about an hors d’oeuvre to tide you over, good sir? | 来个餐前小点垫垫怎么样 好心的先生 |
[07:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:16] | Bon appétit. | 祝你有个好胃口 |
[07:21] | I hope the salmon’s not chewy. | 希望三文鱼不会太难嚼 |
[07:23] | No, it’s good. | 不 挺好的 |
[07:24] | Uh, it’s okay if you don’t like salmon, | 你不喜欢三文鱼 |
[07:26] | you know, or are allergic… | 或对它过敏 也没关系… |
[07:27] | I totally forgot to ask about dietary restrictions. | 我完全忘记问你有没有忌口了 |
[07:29] | Uh, I-I like salmon. | 我喜欢三文鱼 |
[07:33] | What do you think, guys? Should I, uh, open the wine | 你们觉得呢 我该在小凯和索菲来之前 |
[07:35] | and let it breathe before Kev and Sophie get here? | 打开葡萄酒醒酒吗 |
[07:39] | Yeah. I’ll open the wine and let it breathe. | 好吧 我去开瓶醒酒 |
[07:42] | I forgot the dill garnish. Hold on. | 我忘拿配菜茴香了 稍等 |
[07:45] | Ah, yes. Because a garnish will | 没错 加点配菜就能让 |
[07:46] | make it less crazy that Kevin got married. | 凯文结婚这事显得不那么出格 |
[07:48] | – Kate, come on. – It’s true. | -凯特 别这样 -我说得没错 |
[08:00] | I keep a list of things to fix around the house | 我在记录房子里需要修缮的地方 |
[08:03] | ’cause my mom needs help now that she’s alone. | 因为我妈独自一人 需要帮助 |
[08:06] | Oh, actually, she’s not alone. | 其实她并不是独自一人 |
[08:08] | I’m here all the time. | 有我一直陪着她 |
[08:11] | All right, I got the garnish. | 好了 配菜来了 |
[08:14] | Oh, that reminds me. | 这提醒我了 |
[08:15] | I brought a housewarming present. | 我也带了份乔迁礼 |
[08:17] | What? | 什么 |
[08:18] | Tonight. | 为了今晚 |
[08:21] | Um, there’s a story behind it. | 其实它背后有个故事 |
[08:23] | Don’t worry. It’s… | 别担心 它… |
[08:28] | What, d-does everybody hate hot sauce, or…? | 怎么 你们都讨厌辣酱吗 还是… |
[08:31] | No, no, no. Um… | 不不不 |
[08:33] | It’s just that, uh… | 只是… |
[08:35] | Jack used to put hot sauce on everything. | 杰克生前吃什么都要加辣酱 |
[08:42] | Uh, my dad loved hot sauce, too. | 我爸生前也超爱辣酱 |
[08:45] | So much so that he brought a bottle of it wherever he went. | 爱到去哪都随身带着一瓶 |
[08:48] | Um, as a gift, but it wasn’t actually a gift. | 是用来送人的 但那其实不是礼物 |
[08:51] | He just wanted to make sure he always had hot sauce. | 他只是想确保自己总能吃到辣酱 |
[08:54] | Um, yeah, he put it on-on eggs | 他吃鸡蛋要加 |
[08:56] | and put it on burgers. | 汉堡也加 |
[08:59] | Um, one time, he even put it on Froyo. | 有一次他甚至往冻酸奶上淋了辣酱 |
[09:02] | Yeah, after he died, | 所以在他去世之后 |
[09:03] | I started bringing it as a gift, too. | 我也开始拿辣酱当礼物 |
[09:09] | – Well, thank you. – Mm-hmm. Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[09:16] | Oh, that must be them. | 一定是他们 |
[09:20] | Hey. This is weird, right? | 这太别扭了 不是吗 |
[09:22] | – Hi, Mom. – Look at you guys. | -妈 -看看你们俩 |
[09:23] | Let’s try to be supportive for Mom. | 我们顺着妈妈的意思就好 |
[09:25] | There they are. | 他们来了 |
[09:26] | Oh, my goodness! | 我的天呐 |
[09:27] | Come on in. Come in. | 请进 请进 |
[09:30] | Uh, wife, would you like to enter? | 老婆大人 你想进屋吗 |
[09:33] | Yes, husband. | 是的 老公 |
[09:34] | Okay. | 好嘞 |
[09:38] | This is how we enter buildings now. | 我们现在就是这样进屋的 |
[09:40] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好吧 -就这样 |
[09:42] | Now, that’s weird. | 这一出确实挺别扭的 |
[09:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:54] | You want to talk about it? | 你想聊聊这事吗 |
[09:56] | ‘Cause I know a thing or two about… | 因为我其实略知一二… |
[09:57] | Please, no. | 不想 谢谢 |
[10:11] | You know, it’s okay. | 其实没关系的 |
[10:12] | Happens to me, too. | 我也经历过 |
[10:14] | Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. | 有时根本毫无来由 |
[10:17] | Like when I have a lot of stuff going on in my life. | 比如当我的生活发生了太多事时 |
[10:26] | I won’t even know that I’m feeling that way, | 我甚至不知道自己濒临崩溃 |
[10:28] | and then it just catches up to me all of a sudden. | 结果压力就在一瞬间爆发了 |
[10:32] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[10:33] | I left the studio right away. | 我立刻从工作室赶回来了 |
[10:35] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, she’s okay. | -你还好吗 -是的 她没事 |
[10:38] | The nurse said she had a little trouble breathing | 护士说她有点呼吸困难 |
[10:40] | and a rapid heart rate. | 心跳加速 |
[10:42] | Probably brought on by some anxiety. | 可能是由焦虑引起的 |
[10:48] | Is that what’s going on? Huh? | 是这样吗 |
[10:49] | – Feeling a little anxious? – I don’t know. | -你感觉焦虑吗 -我不知道 |
[10:51] | – I guess. – It makes sense. | -或许吧 -这说得通 |
[10:53] | There’s a lot happening. New school, friends. | 最近发生了很多事 新学校 新朋友 |
[10:56] | You put a lot of pressure on yourself with your grades. | 你也因为成绩给了自己很大压力 |
[10:58] | – I think you get that from me. – S-Stop. | -你这点应该随我 -别说了 |
[11:02] | Stop saying I’m like you. | 别说什么我像你 |
[11:04] | I don’t want to be anything like you. | 我不想和你有任何相似之处 |
[11:14] | Hey, don’t you, uh, don’t you have one of those | 你难道不需要 |
[11:17] | Vietnam baseball hats you could wear or something? | 越南棒球帽之类的戴一戴吗 |
[11:21] | You know, it’s not like it’s a-a concert we all went to, Kevin. | 凯文 来这里和去听音乐会不一样 |
[11:23] | No, no, it’s, it’s– I’m just saying, like, it would be nice | 不不不 我只是觉得如果你让别人看到 |
[11:26] | if other people could recognize you for your service. | 你之前服过兵役会比较好 |
[11:28] | You know what I mean? That’s sort of what this whole thing | 你明白我的意思吗 那样比较符合 |
[11:29] | is all about. | 整场活动的氛围 |
[11:32] | You know what would be nice? | 你知道怎么会比较好吗 |
[11:34] | If I could just drink, like, ten beers in a row, | 我一口气喝十瓶啤酒 |
[11:36] | you know, just to get through this. | 这样就可以熬过这个活动 |
[11:39] | Relax. I’m kidding. | 别紧张 我开玩笑的 |
[11:40] | I prefer whiskey. | 我更喜欢喝威士忌 |
[11:42] | You made it. | 你来了 |
[11:44] | Hey, congrats on the whole, uh, you know, your whole thing. | 整场活动看来不错 恭喜啊 |
[11:46] | – Oh. I guess. – Yeah. | -我想是的吧 -嗯 |
[11:49] | Um, Matty’s dad’s coming to the ceremony, so… | 马蒂的爸爸要来参加这个典礼 所以… |
[11:52] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[11:54] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[11:55] | He’s just being a good dad. He’s bringing his son | 他只是努力当个好爸爸 带着他的儿子来看 |
[11:58] | – to see people clap for his mom. – Mom! | -大家为他的妈妈鼓掌 -妈妈 |
[12:01] | – Kevin! – What’s up, buddy? | -凯文 -你好啊 小家伙 |
[12:03] | – Hi, bud. – What do you say? Get me up high. | -你来啦小帅哥 -要不来击个掌 |
[12:06] | There it is. Nice vertical. | 好样的 跳得真高 |
[12:11] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢你能来 |
[12:13] | Dad! | 爸 |
[12:14] | Dad, this is Kevin. Isn’t he cool | 爸 这是凯文 他是不是 |
[12:16] | – like I said he was? – Nah, come on. You know what? | -像我说的一样酷 -过奖 你知道吗 |
[12:17] | You buy a kid one Kit Kat. Good to meet you, Ryan. | 我只是给这孩子买了包奇巧 幸会 瑞安 |
[12:20] | Ah, glad to finally meet the adult man | 真高兴终于见到被我九岁的孩子 |
[12:22] | that my nine-year-old son keeps saying | 一直称为他最好的朋友的 |
[12:23] | is one of his best friends. | 成年男人了 |
[12:26] | – Okay. Come on. – Okay. | -好了 走吧 -好的 |
[12:32] | You really do have the strangest relationships with people. | 没人比你跟别人的关系更奇怪了 |
[12:46] | I couldn’t find the fourth table leg, | 我找不到桌子的第四条腿了 |
[12:47] | so we’re just gonna have to eat on the strong corner. | 所以我们只能靠着牢靠的桌腿吃饭了 |
[12:50] | Babe, you’re already cooking three babies | 宝贝 你现在都怀着 |
[12:53] | in your belly, okay? You don’t have to do this. | 三个小孩了 你不需要做这些的 |
[12:55] | It’s our first night in our new home, | 这是我们在新家的第一晚 |
[12:57] | and I want everything to be just right. | 我想让一切井井有条 |
[13:00] | – Okay. – Here. | -好的 -给 |
[13:02] | Start on your salad. | 开始准备你的沙拉吧 |
[13:10] | Hey, Kev. | 小凯 |
[13:11] | You recognize the salad recipe? | 你吃出沙拉的配方了吗 |
[13:14] | It’s Emeril Lagasse. | 是埃默里尔·拉加西的 |
[13:16] | – Who? – Emeril Lagasse, you know, | -谁 -埃默里尔·拉加西 |
[13:18] | the chef that goes “Bam.” We watched him together | 那个口头禅是”嘭”的厨师 我们去年 |
[13:20] | all last year. | 一起看的 |
[13:22] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bam. | 对对对 “嘭” |
[13:24] | – Yeah. This is him. – Yeah, totally. | -嗯 就是他的配方 -是的 绝对是 |
[13:26] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[13:32] | So how come you guys got married? | 所以你们俩怎么结婚的 |
[13:34] | Mm. It was a sign. | 是因为一个征兆 |
[13:36] | Tell them. | 和他们说说 |
[13:37] | So, I’m walking down the street in New York. | 我走在纽约街头 |
[13:40] | Beautiful day. | 那天很美 |
[13:42] | I’m thinking about how lucky I am to be with Sophie, | 我想到和在索菲一起就觉得很幸运 |
[13:44] | and I look up and I happen to be in front of a theater | 我抬头一看 恰好看到前面的电影院 |
[13:47] | playing The Princess Bride. | 正在放映《公主新娘》 |
[13:50] | Our favorite movie. | 我们最喜欢的电影 |
[13:51] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -对 |
[13:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:53] | Oh, so, then, that was the sign… | 所以这就是那个征兆 |
[13:55] | No, not all of it. | 不是 并不全是 |
[13:56] | No, no, no. Um, across the street, there’s a church | 不不不 在路对面 有个教堂 |
[13:59] | that starts ringing its bells and, like, two seconds later, | 响起钟声 然后大约两秒后 |
[14:01] | – a street vendor walks up selling… – Rings. | -一个街头小贩走过来卖东西 -卖戒指 |
[14:04] | – Bracelets, but definitely jewelry. – Yes. | -手镯 但肯定算是珠宝了 -是的 |
[14:06] | Yeah. Um, and, yeah. | 对 是这样 |
[14:08] | In that moment, I just realized that, um, | 在那一刻 我意识到 |
[14:14] | I couldn’t wait another second to start our lives together. | 我一秒都等不及要开始和她生活在一起了 |
[14:17] | So… | 所以… |
[14:19] | And how could I say no to that? | 我又怎么能拒绝呢 |
[14:22] | You want to see the wedding photos? | 你们想看结婚照吗 |
[14:24] | Yes. Please. | 好啊 想看 |
[14:26] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[14:27] | I picked up the camera at a Duane Reade | 我去杜恩·里德便利店买了相机 |
[14:29] | on the way to the courthouse. | 在去教堂的路上 |
[14:34] | – Oh, Polaroids. – Ooh, I want to see. | -是拍立得啊 -我要看 |
[14:37] | Look at these. | 你们瞧瞧 |
[14:38] | Oh, I’ll pass them around. | 我看完了传给你们 |
[14:39] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[14:45] | Hi. What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[14:46] | Well, I didn’t want you to have to go through tonight alone. | 我不想留你独自应付晚上的饭局 |
[14:49] | So, just got your address off your application and I, uh, | 就从你的入职申请表上找了地址 我… |
[14:53] | picked your neighbor’s daisies and, uh, here I am, so… | 还顺手采了你邻居的小雏菊 就过来了 |
[14:58] | Oh. That’s so romantic. | 好浪漫 |
[15:00] | And a little creepy. | 还有点瘆人 |
[15:01] | – That’s me, just all together. – Hey, Bug? Who is it? | -正是我啊 风格多样 -宝贝 谁啊 |
[15:06] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定要加入吗 |
[15:07] | – Bug? – Oh, absolutely. Yeah. | -宝贝 -十分确定 |
[15:09] | – Okay. Come on. – Definitely. | -好吧 进来吧 -没问题 |
[15:10] | Everyone, um, this is my friend from work. | 各位 这是我同事 |
[15:16] | Oh, I’m Marc. | 我是马克 |
[15:17] | I’m… Kate’s boyfriend. | 我是凯特的男朋友 |
[15:21] | Uh… yeah. | 对 |
[15:29] | You, uh, you and Cassidy go to a lot of games? | 你和卡西迪经常去看各种比赛吗 |
[15:32] | She must be fun at the hockey games, huh? | 她看冰球的时候肯定很好玩吧 |
[15:34] | I’ve never been. I hate hockey. | 我从来没去过 我不喜欢冰球 |
[15:36] | Yeah, yeah. Hockey sucks. | 没错 冰球最讨厌了 |
[15:38] | Just awful. | 太差劲了 |
[15:56] | I’m out of here. | 我要走了 |
[15:58] | What do you mean? You’re not– the ceremony | 你说什么 你还没… 庆典 |
[15:59] | hasn’t even started yet. | 还没开始呢 |
[16:00] | Uncle Nicky. Hey. | 尼克叔叔 |
[16:01] | – I don’t feel good here, Kevin. – Pardon me. Hey. | -在这里我不大舒服 凯文 -借过下 |
[16:05] | Where are you, where are you gonna go? | 那你要去哪儿 |
[16:06] | You gonna go to a bar? | 你打算去酒吧吗 |
[16:06] | No, I just need to be somewhere else. | 没有 就想换个地方待着 |
[16:08] | – Well, let me go with you. – No, alone. | -那我跟你一块去 -不用 我想静静 |
[16:10] | I’m fine. Please. | 我没事 拜托了 |
[16:18] | Randall, you have to call me back and tell me | 兰德尔 你给我赶快打电话过来 |
[16:19] | when this present is getting here. Okay? | 告诉我那惊喜大礼什么时候送到 好吗 |
[16:21] | I’m trapped in my house with a tiny sleeping baby | 我和这个睡着的小宝贝在屋里守着 |
[16:23] | and a dog who has to pee. | 还有只尿急的狗狗 |
[16:25] | There’s just no way that this grand gesture | 你们再怎么大手笔 |
[16:26] | is going to be worth it. | 也不值得我这样耗着啊 |
[16:27] | Call me back. Bye. | 回我电话 拜拜 |
[16:32] | It’s here? Oh, my gosh. | 终于到了吗 我的天呐 |
[16:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:40] | Are you my present? | 你就是我的大礼吗 |
[16:42] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你说什么呢 |
[16:44] | No, I came to see the baby. | 没有 我就是来看外孙的 |
[16:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:50] | – Very cool. – So, your favorite band | -很棒 -所以你最喜欢的乐队 |
[16:52] | is called Modest Mouse? | 叫谦虚老鼠 |
[16:54] | Now, wait a minute, is-is that a band | 等下 那是乐队名吗 |
[16:56] | or a shy cartoon character? | 还是个腼腆的卡通人物 |
[16:58] | No, it’s actually from | 不是 其实这名字来源于 |
[17:00] | a Virginia Woolf short story. | 弗吉尼亚.伍尔夫的一篇短篇小说 |
[17:01] | Uh, yeah. And, | 对 而且 |
[17:02] | and so, like, the lead singer, uh, like, he got started | 那个主唱 他是从 |
[17:05] | by recording just, like, these crazy experimental songs | 录制一些疯狂的试验性歌曲起步的 |
[17:08] | with a distortion pedal on his answering machine | 用着失真效果器在他的答录机录歌 |
[17:09] | and stuff like that, so, you know… | 类似这样的 然后… |
[17:13] | …it’s pretty cool. | …挺酷的 |
[17:13] | – Very cool. – So cool. | -非常酷 -是很酷 |
[17:17] | So, what do you guys think of Marc? | 你们觉得马克怎么样 |
[17:19] | Oh, he seems like he’s really into obscure music facts. | 感觉他对冷门音乐轶事很着迷啊 |
[17:22] | That’s kind of his job. Kevin? | 这也是他工作的一部分 凯文你觉得呢 |
[17:25] | Uh, yeah, he’s too old for you. | 他对你来说太老了 |
[17:27] | – Definitely too old for you. – Uh, he’s 23. | -真的太老了 -他才23岁 |
[17:30] | Dad was six years older than Mom. | 爸爸比妈妈还大六岁呢 |
[17:33] | How do you guys not like him? | 你们怎么能不喜欢他呢 |
[17:35] | Okay? He was nothing but nice to you. | 是吧 他对你们那么友善 |
[17:36] | I personally don’t have a problem… | 我个人是没什么意见… |
[17:37] | I don’t know, it’s just a feeling. | 我说不上来 就是直觉吧 |
[17:38] | Like that time Grandma wanted us to try escargot. | 就像有次外婆让我们尝一下蜗牛 |
[17:41] | You know, we didn’t need to try it | 我们尝都不用尝 |
[17:42] | to know we didn’t like it. | 就知道不爱吃那东西了 |
[17:44] | Marc is escargot. | 马克给我的感觉就像蜗牛 |
[17:45] | – What do you guys think about Beth? – She’s great. | -你们觉得贝丝怎么样 -她很不错 |
[17:48] | Yeah? Cool. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[17:49] | No, actually, she’s perfect. | 不 说真的 她简直完美 |
[17:51] | She even has a beauty mark on her eye. Didn’t know | 她眼睛上还有个美人痣 我以前 |
[17:53] | that was a thing until now, but it’s adorable. | 都不知道真的有这东西 不过好漂亮 |
[17:55] | – Unlike Marc. – Kate, come on. | -不像马克 -凯特 拜托 |
[17:58] | You want me to lie? I love Marc. | 你要让我昧着良心回答你吗 我好喜欢马克 |
[18:00] | – He’s my new favorite. – You– no, no. You know, | -他简直是我新欢 -你 算了算了 |
[18:02] | I don’t even care about that, Kevin. | 我根本不在乎那个 凯文 |
[18:03] | You got married without telling me. Okay? | 你结婚居然都没告诉我 |
[18:06] | – I’m supposed to be your person. – You know what? | -我们难道不是无话不谈吗 -你知道吗 |
[18:08] | – It was spontaneous. – I’m with Kate here. | -我们是临时起意 -这件事我赞同凯特 |
[18:10] | Polaroids? | 居然是拍立得照片 |
[18:11] | What’s going on in here? | 发生什么事了 |
[18:12] | Kate’s freaking out. | 凯特很生气 |
[18:13] | No, Kev, I’m not freaking out. | 不 凯文 我没生气 |
[18:15] | I’m just, I’m not gonna sit here | 我只是 我不想坐在桌前 |
[18:16] | and pretend that your ridiculous marriage is real. | 假装承认你那荒谬的婚姻是真的 |
[18:21] | Man, so, who are you, again? | 这位大哥 你叫什么来着 |
[18:23] | I don’t know, Kate, what are we supposed to do? | 那你说 凯特 那我们该怎么做 |
[18:25] | – Stay here and be sad all the time? – Hey, bro, come on. | -待在这一直难过吗 -兄弟 别这样 |
[18:27] | – What? We’re being honest, right? – Guys, stop. | -怎么了 不是要袒露心声吗 -别说了 |
[18:29] | You are so selfish! | 你太自私了 |
[18:30] | – Enough. Enough! – We should have been at your wedding, Kevin. | -够了 够了 -我们本该出席你的婚礼 凯文 |
[18:33] | It is our first night as a family together | 今晚是我们一家人在新家 |
[18:36] | in our new house, and I have spent weeks | 度过的第一个晚上 我花了几周时间 |
[18:38] | getting this place together so that it would be perfect. | 组织这场聚会 只为了做到事事完美 |
[18:41] | Because this is where we move forward. | 因为今天是我们向前迈的起点 |
[18:45] | This is where we sit around a table with napkins and placemats | 我们围桌而坐 面前摆着纸巾和餐具垫 |
[18:48] | and laugh and celebrate and eat Cornish game hens. | 欢笑着庆祝 再一起吃游乐鸡 |
[18:50] | And so help me, God, that is what we are gonna do: | 所以我对天发誓 我们一定要做到 |
[18:54] | move forward. | 向前迈 |
[18:56] | And it doesn’t matter that I didn’t have the right size pan | 其他都不重要 虽然我用的锅小了 |
[18:57] | and that the hens are all squished together | 导致游乐鸡都挤在一起 |
[19:01] | and they’re burnt on the top and raw on the bottom. | 所以上面烧焦了下面还是生的 |
[19:03] | It doesn’t even matter that Kevin doesn’t remember Emeril, | 凯文不记得埃默里尔 无所谓 |
[19:05] | or that I have four whole Polaroids of your wedding. | 我只收到了婚礼的四张拍立得照片也没关系 |
[19:08] | So pull yourselves together, | 你们都给我精神点 |
[19:10] | pretend you like burnt raw food, | 假装喜欢烧焦半生的食物 |
[19:12] | get your whiny little asses back out in those seats, | 闭嘴乖乖回到座位上坐好 |
[19:14] | and enjoy my damn dinner. | 然后享受这顿该死的晚餐 |
[19:24] | Babe. | 宝贝 |
[19:25] | Oh, no, no, no. Wait for it, wait for it. | 不不不 再等会 马上好 |
[19:29] | You’re a genius. | 你真是天才 |
[19:30] | Yeah. I know. | 没错 我知道 |
[19:33] | Here. I can help. | 我来帮忙 |
[19:34] | There we go. Look how nice that is. Huh? | 看看这铺上多好啊 |
[19:37] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[19:39] | Did you clean the oven out? | 你把烤箱里的东西拿出来了吗 |
[19:42] | I thought that you did. | 我以为你拿了 |
[19:44] | What? | 什么 |
[19:46] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[19:48] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[19:50] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[19:54] | Wow, baby. | 宝贝 |
[19:55] | Still looks good. | 看起来依然不错 |
[19:57] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[20:15] | Can we get sick from this? | 我们吃这个会生病吗 |
[20:21] | So good. | 味道很棒 |
[20:25] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[20:26] | please stand | 请起立 |
[20:27] | as we honor Bradford County’s Heroes of the Game. | 一起向布莱德福特郡的比赛冠军们致敬 |
[20:36] | Please give a round of applause | 请把热烈的掌声 |
[20:38] | for U.S. Air Force Second Lieutenant Alan Ellis. | 送给美国空军少尉艾伦·埃利斯 |
[20:44] | And U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Cassidy Sharp. | 以及美国海军陆战队上士卡西迪·夏普 |
[21:01] | And finally, let’s show our support for U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer | 最后 让我们表达对美国海军上士 |
[21:05] | Jon Gutierrez. | 古提瑞兹的敬意 |
[21:10] | Hey, can you tell Cassidy I had to take off? | 帮忙跟卡西迪说一声 我有事要离开 |
[21:12] | She can bring Matty home whenever. | 她什么时候带马蒂回家都行 |
[21:13] | We thank you for your service and dedication | 感谢你们为我们国家的自由 |
[21:16] | to our nation’s freedom. | 所奉献和付出的一切 |
[21:21] | Yeah, she’s been in her room for an hour. | 她已经待在屋里一小时了 |
[21:23] | We got to go talk to her. | 我们得跟她谈谈 |
[21:24] | Let me see if grilled cheese can get her to talk. | 我试试烤奶酪能否让她愿意开口 |
[21:26] | You know, she loves my grilled cheese. | 她很爱吃我做的烤奶酪 |
[21:37] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[21:39] | Yeah. I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[21:55] | Growing up, I never shared genetic traits with anyone I knew. | 从小到大 我没接触过跟我有相似基因的人 |
[22:00] | And when you and I had kids, | 我们俩有了孩子以后 |
[22:02] | I couldn’t wait to see what they got from me. | 我迫不及待地想看看她们从我这里遗传到了什么 |
[22:05] | Would they have cute ears, be able to roll their tongues? | 她们会有可爱的耳朵 能卷舌头吗 |
[22:13] | Having anxiety and panic attacks | 有焦虑症和惊恐发作 |
[22:16] | is the thing about myself that I like the least, | 是我对自己最不满意的地方 |
[22:19] | and I passed it on to her. | 我却传给了她 |
[22:24] | I hate that I gave this to her. | 我好恨自己把这个传给了她 |
[22:42] | What did the doctors say? | 医生怎么说 |
[22:43] | They want to keep him another night. | 他们想让他再留院观察一晚 |
[22:46] | see how he adjusts to the medication. | 看看他是否能适应药物 |
[22:50] | This must have been building for a while. | 这次的问题肯定累积一段时间了 |
[22:55] | He feels things getting away from him, | 当他感觉有些事情开始失控时 |
[22:57] | and then he… | 就会开始 |
[22:58] | works really hard to rein ’em in. | 非常努力地想要掌控事态 |
[23:01] | Like more time at the office, more time at the gym. | 比如花更多时间在办公室 在健身房 |
[23:04] | And then he just pushes himself | 他开始不断给自己压力 |
[23:06] | harder and further and… | 崩得越来越紧… |
[23:10] | I should have saw the signs. | 我应该注意到这些症状的 |
[23:14] | I had a tell when I was young. | 我年轻的时候受过这个罪 |
[23:18] | Really? You had anxiety, too? | 真的吗 你也有焦虑症吗 |
[23:24] | Back then they didn’t have a name for it. | 那时还没有焦虑症这个名字 |
[23:26] | They said I was “Fragile” and “Sensitive.” | 他们说我 “脆弱” “敏感” |
[23:30] | But when it was happening to me, I thought I was gonna die. | 但当它发生时 我以为我要死了 |
[23:35] | My mother would help me through it, though. | 不过我妈妈会帮我渡过难关 |
[23:38] | She’d fill a glass with seltzer water and tell me | 她会在杯子里装满苏打水 然后告诉我 |
[23:40] | the inside of my mind was like the bubbles bouncing around, | 我的脑海就像是这些气泡在跳动 |
[23:44] | trying to get out. | 想要跑出去 |
[23:46] | And we’d watch together until those bubbles settled. | 我们会一起看着这些气泡消失 |
[23:48] | Eventually, I would settle, too. | 我最终也会安定下来 |
[23:54] | Beth, out of all the things I could have passed down, | 贝丝 在我所有能遗传下去的事情中 |
[23:57] | I hate to think that it was that. | 我最不希望的就是这个 |
[24:13] | Babe, come on, it’s gonna be perfect, it’s gonna be perfect. | 宝贝 来吧 会很棒的 |
[24:16] | All right? | 好吗 |
[24:17] | All right? You know, I think the smoke | 其实呢 我觉得烟熏过后 |
[24:20] | gave it a nice hickory flavor. | 会给它一种正好的山核桃味 |
[24:23] | – Hickory lasagna. – Hickory lasagna. | -山核桃千层面 -山核桃千层面 |
[24:37] | Hey, are, uh… | 你… |
[24:39] | are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[24:43] | Am I trying too hard? | 我是不是努力过头了 |
[24:48] | Are we… | 我们… |
[24:50] | are we unfixable? | 我们无法痊愈了吗 |
[24:55] | Maybe this loss is just… | 也许这次伤痛… |
[24:59] | too big. | 太大了 |
[25:01] | You know? | 你说呢 |
[25:03] | Uh, you know, those… | 我觉得吧… |
[25:05] | those sound like questions that can only be answered | 你这些问题听起来呢 |
[25:07] | by the wine that I brought. | 似乎只能用我带来的葡萄酒回答 |
[25:09] | No. | 不 |
[25:11] | I’ve barely had a drink in ten years. | 十年来我几乎没喝过酒 |
[25:13] | Well, lucky for you, over the course | 你很幸运 |
[25:16] | of the many, many boring dates that I’ve been on, | 在我的无数个无聊约会中 |
[25:19] | I have learned a lot about wine. | 我掌握了很多葡萄酒知识 |
[25:22] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[25:24] | Okay. Uh, this… | 好的 这个… |
[25:27] | is a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino. | 是一瓶蒙塔希诺·布鲁奈罗 |
[25:30] | They call it the King of Italian wines. | 他们称它为意大利葡萄酒之王 |
[25:34] | It’s a hundred percent Sangiovese grapes | 用百分之百的桑吉奥维斯葡萄酿造 |
[25:36] | grown only around the Tuscan town of Montalcino. | 它们只生长在托斯卡纳的蒙塔希诺镇 |
[25:40] | – Montalcino. – Montalcino. | -蒙塔希诺 -蒙塔希诺 |
[25:41] | Very good. Now, the region is so small | 很好 那个产区太小了 |
[25:44] | that they can’t produce a top vintage every year. | 不能每年都生产顶级葡萄酒 |
[25:48] | The ripening season has to be perfect. | 葡萄成熟的季节必须是完美的 |
[25:52] | And there’s nothing they can do if the weather… | 如果天气不那么完美… |
[25:54] | won’t cooperate. | 就不行 |
[25:56] | Maybe this year is too hot. This year’s too cold. | 也许太热了 也许太冷了 |
[25:59] | They, uh… | 他们… |
[26:02] | …they have to be patient. | 他们必须有耐心 |
[26:07] | They have to wait out the bad years… | 他们只能耐心度过不好的年份… |
[26:10] | believing that there is a better year coming. | 并且一直坚信明年会好的 |
[26:17] | And it always is. | 而明年总会好的 |
[26:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:26] | – Now give me that wine. – Okay. | -把酒给我吧 -好的 |
[26:37] | Thanks for the ride. | 谢谢你送我 |
[26:38] | – Yeah. – I thought we’d be… | -没事 -我以为我们会… |
[26:41] | having dinner together afterwards as a family. | 像一家人一样一起吃晚饭 |
[26:45] | I’m so stupid. | 我真蠢 |
[26:47] | You can’t just wish a marriage into working out. | 你不能只是希望婚姻能够一切顺利 |
[26:51] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[26:52] | I don’t think there’s much to save. | 我觉得也挽回不了什么了 |
[26:54] | Forget love. | 别说爱了 |
[26:56] | I don’t even think he likes me. | 我认为他根本不喜欢我了 |
[27:07] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[27:08] | – Mom, I don’t want to talk about… – Come on. | -妈妈 我不想谈… -过来 |
[27:13] | I need you downstairs. | 我需要你下楼 |
[27:15] | – Can it wait for just a s…? – Nope. | -能等一下… -不能 |
[27:27] | You two don’t like this thing you have in common. | 你俩都不喜欢你们身上的一个共同点 |
[27:30] | And I get that. | 我理解你们 |
[27:32] | It’s scary. | 确实很可怕 |
[27:34] | But it also made three | 但这也造就了 |
[27:35] | of my most favorite people in the world who they are. | 世界上我最喜欢的三个人 |
[27:39] | William would also get anxious about things. | 威廉也会为事情焦虑 |
[27:44] | He was… sensitive and artistic and caring. | 他… 很敏感 有艺术细胞 也关心他人 |
[27:49] | But there’s a fine line between caring and worrying, | 但是关心和担心之间有一条微妙的界线 |
[27:52] | and sometimes that line gets blurry. | 有时这条界线会变得模糊 |
[27:58] | From the moment I met your father, | 从我见到你父亲的那一刻起 |
[28:00] | he was obsessed with making everything okay | 他就一心想让身边的所有人 |
[28:03] | for everybody else. | 都过得舒服 |
[28:05] | And that took some getting used to, | 这虽然需要一些时间来适应 |
[28:07] | but I loved him for it. | 但我很爱他这一点 |
[28:10] | ‘Cause it meant he cared deeply. | 因为这意味着他很在乎 |
[28:12] | Now, there’s some things you get from your dad | 现在 你从你父亲那继承了一些东西 |
[28:14] | that you’re gonna have to navigate around, | 你需要摸索着去适应 |
[28:15] | but there are some gifts, too. | 但同时也有一些馈赠 |
[28:19] | You give everything your all. | 你做任何事都倾尽全力 |
[28:21] | You’re an amazing sister | 你是个了不起的姐姐 |
[28:22] | and daughter and friend and student. | 女儿 朋友和学生 |
[28:27] | Now, look, we’re gonna get whatever this is | 听我说 无论现在是什么问题 |
[28:29] | under control, okay? Believe that. | 我们会掌控的 好吗 相信我 |
[28:33] | But I will not have you talking ill | 但我不允许你 |
[28:35] | about three of my most favorite people in the world. | 对我在世界上最喜欢的三个人言辞不敬 |
[28:37] | No way, no how. | 不行 绝对不行 |
[28:44] | Are you hearing me? | 你听明白了吗 |
[28:48] | And if it ever gets to be too much… | 如果事情变得难以承受… |
[29:05] | Just take a minute… | 就等一下… |
[29:08] | …and wait for the bubbles to settle. | …让你的情绪气泡平息 |
[29:15] | William. | 威廉教的 |
[29:26] | Last week Ashley wanted to know | 上周艾希莉想知道 |
[29:29] | if I thought DeShaun was hot. | 我是否觉得德尚很性感 |
[29:33] | I should have just come out then, | 我当时就应该出柜的 |
[29:34] | like I’d planned to, | 就像我计划的那样 |
[29:37] | but… | 但是… |
[29:38] | instead, I said yes. | 相反 我却说是的 |
[29:43] | And now it’s gonna be a whole thing. | 现在惹出来一堆麻烦 |
[29:53] | That’s a lot. | 确实很难办 |
[29:57] | But we can figure it out. | 但我们能够解决的 |
[30:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | So, the night your father and I moved into our house, | 当初 我和你们父亲搬进新家的那晚 |
[30:39] | I made a fancy dinner, too. | 我也做了一顿丰盛的晚餐 |
[30:41] | And, of course, I ended up burning the lasagna. | 当然 最后我把千层面烤糊了 |
[30:43] | So we had to open the window | 所以我们不得不打开窗户 |
[30:46] | to let all the smoke out of the kitchen. | 把厨房里的烟都排出去 |
[30:48] | And just as we were sitting down to eat, | 就在我们坐下来吃饭的时候 |
[30:51] | a bird flies in through the window. | 一只鸟从窗户飞了进来 |
[30:59] | Now, the important detail of this story is that | 现在 这个故事的重要细节是 |
[31:02] | – your dad was terrified of birds, – Terrified. | -你爸爸害怕鸟 -特别害怕 |
[31:04] | – Terrified. – Yeah, he was. | -超级害怕 -是的 绝对的 |
[31:06] | So… | 所以… |
[31:07] | he runs out of the room… | 他跑出房间… |
[31:09] | – Hey, Jack? – and he runs back in | -杰克 -然后又跑回来 |
[31:11] | with a tennis racket | 拿着一个网球拍 |
[31:13] | and a pillow case, and he goes… | 还有一个枕头套 然后他说… |
[31:15] | Don’t worry, I’ll catch it. | 别担心 我会抓住它的 |
[31:21] | He must have freaked the bird out, | 他一定把鸟吓坏了 |
[31:23] | because then the bird starts… | 因为鸟儿开始… |
[31:25] | diving at him and chasing him around the room. | 朝他扑过去 在房间里追他 |
[31:28] | And your father made the most ridiculous squealing sound | 你父亲发出了我听过的 |
[31:31] | I’ve ever heard. | 最好笑的尖叫声 |
[31:35] | So he’s trying to get away from the bird | 然后他想躲开那只鸟 |
[31:37] | and protect me, I guess, with the tennis racket… | 想用网球拍去保护我… |
[31:40] | Wait, where did it go? Where did it go? | 等等 它去哪儿了 它去哪儿了 |
[31:41] | Right there. Look, look, look. | 就在那里 快看 看 |
[31:43] | Jack… | 杰克 |
[31:47] | And somehow we knock over the lasagna. | 不知怎的 我们把千层面弄翻了 |
[31:56] | Bec? | 小贝 |
[32:04] | And we just started laughing. | 然后我们就开始哈哈大笑 |
[32:08] | And that’s when it became the perfect night. | 从那一刻起 那晚变得十分完美 |
[32:12] | When we just let it be what it was. | 因为我们就这么顺其自然了 |
[32:24] | We need to be able to think about him and not only be sad. | 我们不能只怀着悲伤的心情想念他 |
[32:31] | We need to be able to talk about the hot sauce. | 我们要能够坦然地聊起辣酱的事 |
[32:35] | Right? | 对吧 |
[32:38] | He was perfect the way that dinner was perfect. | 他和那顿晚餐有着异曲同工的完美 |
[32:42] | He made us… so happy. | 他让我们…特别幸福 |
[32:47] | And that’s all I want for you guys, | 我对你们的期望也不过如此 |
[32:48] | is just for you to be happy. | 我只希望你们幸福 |
[32:57] | Then, let’s have a toast. | 那我们来举个杯吧 |
[32:58] | – Please. – To happiness. | -来吧 -为幸福干杯 |
[33:00] | – To happiness. – To happiness. | -为幸福干杯 -为幸福干杯 |
[33:02] | – And to Kevin and Sophie. – Yes. | -也敬凯文和索菲 -对 |
[33:05] | – Congratulations. – Congratulations. | -恭喜 -恭喜 |
[33:07] | To Kevin and Sophie, cheers to that. | 敬凯文和索菲 干杯 |
[33:09] | Salud. | 干杯 |
[33:12] | All right, this meal was disgusting. I admit it. | 好啦 这顿饭难吃死了 我承认 |
[33:15] | – Who’s still hungry? – Me. | -谁还饿着呢 -我 |
[33:17] | – Me. – Me. | -我 -我 |
[33:18] | – Me, too. – I am tru… | -我也是 -我真的… |
[33:24] | You can keep the change. | 不用找钱了 |
[33:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:28] | Pizza… | 披萨来啦 |
[33:32] | – I’ll get his, uh, stuff. – Thank you. | -我来拿他的东西 -谢谢 |
[33:34] | You got it. | 应该的 |
[33:43] | Here you go. | 给你了 |
[33:44] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢了 -没事 |
[33:45] | You know, your wife was, uh, she was being honored tonight | 今晚的冰球比赛上 |
[33:48] | for her service at that hockey game. | 你太太的服役被致敬了 |
[33:51] | Man, she was excited when she found out you were showing up. | 她知道你会来的时候特别激动 |
[33:55] | If you were gonna stand there and stare at your phone all day, | 如果你只是来傻站着 全程盯着手机 |
[33:57] | why’d you bother coming? | 你还过来干什么呢 |
[34:06] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[34:07] | That’s good stuff, man. | 跟你聊得很开心 |
[34:09] | I met her when I was 15. | 我15岁那年遇到了她 |
[34:15] | I smashed into her in the hallway | 我往生物教室走的时候 |
[34:16] | as I was walking into biology class. | 在走廊上撞到了她 |
[34:20] | And I knew, | 我当时就知道 |
[34:22] | I knew before her books even hit the floor, | 我在她书掉到地上之前就感觉到了 |
[34:27] | I had just met my favorite person. | 我遇到了我最喜欢的人 |
[34:32] | That, uh, that ceremony that you’re talking about | 你刚刚说的那场典礼 |
[34:37] | honored the thing that broke my favorite person in the world. | 它所致敬的东西 毁了我全世界最喜欢的人 |
[34:46] | I was staring at my phone because otherwise | 我只能盯着手机看 要不然 |
[34:50] | I would have started openly weeping in front of my son, | 我就要在我儿子面前哭了 |
[34:54] | and that’s not what he needs from me right now. | 他现在不需要我的眼泪 |
[34:58] | I’m sorry, man. I-I… I didn’t know. | 对不起 我…我不知道这些 |
[35:01] | Stay the hell away from my wife. | 你离我老婆远点 |
[35:06] | He’s out. I’ll be back for him on Thursday. | 他睡了 我周四再来接他 |
[35:08] | Yeah. | 好 |
[35:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:20] | He still likes you. | 他还喜欢你 |
[35:40] | It’s all right. I’m sober. | 没事 我没喝酒 |
[35:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:52] | I’m not a storyteller. | 我不喜欢讲故事 |
[35:54] | And I don’t like people. | 也不喜欢和人接触 |
[35:56] | I-I don’t even like you very much, and, uh, | 就连你 我都不是特别喜欢 |
[35:59] | you’re the closest person I’ve been to in the last 20 years. | 而你是过去20年来和我走得最近的人 |
[36:10] | You know, your father wasn’t the, uh, | 你爸爸并不是 |
[36:13] | first person to do this. | 第一个这么做的人 |
[36:17] | Uh, he learned that trick from his father, | 那个小把戏他是跟他爸爸学的 |
[36:19] | uh, your grandfather. | 也就是你爷爷 |
[36:22] | That man was a bastard, | 那家伙混蛋一个 |
[36:24] | but every now and then… | 但时不时地… |
[36:27] | he could be kind of fun. | 他也挺有趣的 |
[36:34] | Yeah. What he’d do was… | 他的做法是… |
[36:38] | …he would fold down the sides of the carton, | …他会把纸盒四边折下来 |
[36:43] | so that it looked like a, like a big cake. | 于是冰淇淋就会看起来像个大蛋糕 |
[36:47] | And then he’d then get a knife | 然后他会拿把刀 |
[36:49] | and just wave it over the ice cream. | 在冰淇淋上比划 |
[36:54] | And he’d, he’d ask, uh, | 然后他会问 |
[36:58] | “How-how good a boy were you today? | “你今天有多乖啊 |
[37:02] | Were you kind of good? | 你是有点乖 |
[37:05] | Or were you real good?” | 还是非常乖” |
[37:08] | And depending on the answer, | 看你怎么回答 |
[37:09] | that was how big a slice you got. | 他就给你多大一块冰淇淋 |
[37:26] | So… | 那么… |
[37:28] | How good were you today, Kevin? | 你今天乖不乖呢 凯文 |
[37:37] | I think I annoyed my uncle today. | 我今天好像把我叔叔惹生气了 |
[37:43] | Other than that, I think I was pretty good. | 除此以外 我感觉我还挺乖的 |
[37:46] | Well, then, you get | 那就给你 |
[37:48] | a pretty good slice of ice cream. | 一块还挺好的冰淇淋 |
[38:05] | I’ve been very good. | 而我非常乖 |
[38:16] | Uh, I need to give you your wedding gift. | 我要送给你们结婚礼物 |
[38:19] | – I hope it’s an air popper. – Oh. I-I hope it’s cash. | -我希望是一个爆米花机 -我希望是现金 |
[38:21] | – Kevin. – Excuse me. | -凯文 -借过 |
[38:23] | No, it is a song. | 不 是一首歌 |
[38:27] | For the newlyweds. | 送给这对新婚夫妇 |
[38:29] | From a little movie called The Princess Bride. | 来自一部叫《公主新娘》的电影插曲 |
[38:41] | *Come, my love, I’ll tell you a tale* | *来啊 亲爱的 我给你讲个故事* |
[38:47] | *Of a boy and girl* | *有关一个男孩和一个女孩* |
[38:48] | *And their love story* | *还有他们的爱情故事* |
[38:52] | *And how he loved her* | *他爱她有多深呢* |
[38:54] | *Oh, so much* | *情深似海* |
[38:57] | *And all the charms she did possess* | *她魅力四射* |
[39:03] | *Now, this did happen…* | *这都是真情实感…* |
[39:05] | – Just– careful. – Is that our old piano? | -当心一点 -那是我们的旧钢琴吗 |
[39:08] | *Things were not so complex…* | *当时一切都很单纯…* |
[39:13] | The Pearson men nail another grand gesture. | 皮尔森家的男人们又完成了一次大手笔 |
[39:16] | *Ground that she walked* | *她走在路上* |
[39:17] | *When he looked in her eyes* | *他凝视着她的眼睛* |
[39:20] | *He became obsessed* | *他从此深陷不能自拔* |
[39:23] | *My love is like a storybook story…* | *我的爱就像是童话书里的故事…* |
[39:26] | That’s middle C. | 这是中央C音 |
[39:28] | Yeah, that’s your home base. | 没错 这就是最基础的乐音 |
[39:30] | You know where that is, you can go anywhere. | 找到了这个音 你想弹什么都能弹得出来 |
[39:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[39:34] | *My love is like* | *我的爱就像是* |
[39:36] | *A storybook story* | *童话书里的故事* |
[39:40] | *It’s as real as the feelings I feel* | *真实得如同我此时的感受* |
[39:45] | *It’s as real as the feelings* | *真实得如同我此时的* |
[39:48] | *I feel…* | *感受…* |
[39:50] | – I found a therapist for Tess. – Good. | -我给苔丝找了一位心理医生 -很好 |
[39:53] | I think that’ll be really helpful for her. | 应该会对她很有帮助 |
[39:56] | And… I found one for you, too. | 另外…我也给你找了一个 |
[40:00] | I don’t need a therapist. | 我不需要心理医生 |
[40:02] | I’m good. Best I’ve been in years. | 我很好 这些年来都没有感觉这么好过 |
[40:05] | But you’ve been working crazy hours | 但你一直都在拼命地加班 |
[40:07] | and running ten miles a day and constantly bouncing that knee. | 一天跑十英里 而且还经常抖腿 |
[40:12] | You know, you don’t have to wait | 你想想看 不用非等到 |
[40:13] | for it all to come crashing down to get help. | 事情把你逼崩溃了 再寻求帮助 |
[40:15] | Glad to know you think I’m gonna crash. | 知道你觉得我要崩溃了 我真”开心” |
[40:19] | You know, when you had your first breakdown, | 还记得吗 你第一次崩溃的时候 |
[40:21] | you thought that was gonna be the only one. | 你以为那会是唯一的一次 |
[40:24] | All these years of just managing it and making lists, babe… | 这些年来你强挺着筹划准备所有事 宝贝 |
[40:27] | We have resources now and people who are trained | 现在资源更丰富了 有受过专业训练的人 |
[40:30] | to deal with this kind of stuff. | 他们很擅长解决这方面的问题 |
[40:35] | I appreciate your concern. | 很感谢你这么担心我 |
[40:37] | – But I’m fine. – Okay, I am worried | -但我很好 -好吧 我很担心 |
[40:39] | that we are just one big emotional thing from this… | 如果再出一件什么大事 你就会… |
[40:41] | Beth, I’m fine. | 贝丝 我很好 |
[40:43] | *My love is like a storybook story* | *我的爱就像是童话书里的故事* |
[40:49] | *But it’s as real as the feelings I feel* | *但也真实得如同我此时的感受* |
[40:54] | *My love is like a storybook story* | *我的爱就像是童话书里的故事* |
[40:59] | *It’s as real as the feelings I feel* | *真实得如同我此时的感受* |
[41:05] | *It’s as real as the feelings I feel…* | *真实得如同我此时的感受…* |
[41:22] | What’s wrong, Bug? | 怎么了 宝贝 |
[41:24] | What? | 什么 |
[41:37] | I was trying so hard to hold it together | 你爸去世后的那一年里 |
[41:40] | that year after your father died. | 我太拼命地想要让一切如常 |
[41:45] | And I wanted to believe so badly that you kids were happy. | 我太想相信你们几个孩子都很幸福 |
[41:52] | I’m so sorry I didn’t see what was happening. | 我很抱歉没看到当时都发生了什么 |
[41:54] | I didn’t see it, either. | 我也没有看到 |