时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:01] | – Mom! Kevin! -What’s up, buddy? | -妈妈 凯文 -你好啊 小家伙 |
[00:03] | What do you say? Get me up high. | 要不来击个掌 |
[00:05] | There it is. | 好样的 |
[00:06] | Stay the hell away from my wife. | 你离我老婆远点 |
[00:08] | She is her daddy’s world. | 她是她爸爸的全世界 |
[00:11] | I want more for her than you can offer her. | 杰克 你给不了我想给她的 |
[00:13] | I will do everything I can to stop this. | 我会尽我所能阻止这一切 |
[00:20] | I did have a really nice time tonight. | 今晚我真的很开心 |
[00:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:25] | You can come inside for a water. | 你可以进来喝杯水 |
[00:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[00:27] | A water. | 就一杯水 |
[00:31] | Every part of my body aches like death right now. | 我身体的每一处都疼死了 |
[00:34] | Do you want to have sex? | 你想上床吗 |
[00:35] | And I’m cured. You’re a witch. | 满血复活了 你就是女巫啊 |
[00:39] | All right. | 好了 |
[00:40] | Okay, you can look. | 好 你可以看了 |
[00:42] | Schwing. | 美呆了 |
[00:45] | Stop. That’s my spot. Stop. | 住手 那是我的兴奋点 住手 |
[00:49] | Okay, what’s the safe word? | 好了 安全词是什么 |
[00:50] | Uh, spatula? | 刮板 |
[00:58] | Wait. | 等等 |
[01:00] | Promise me we’ll always be hot for each other. | 向我保证我们会永远对彼此有性致 |
[01:02] | Easiest promise I’ll ever make. | 这保证太简单了 |
[01:23] | Not even if you paid me in gold. | 你就是给我金子都没用 |
[01:45] | You are… insatiable. | 你简直是 无法满足 |
[01:49] | Only for you. | 只对你这样 |
[01:54] | I really want to. | 我也很想 |
[01:56] | But I promised my mom | 但我跟我妈说好了 |
[01:58] | I would have brunch with her. | 要一起吃早午餐 |
[02:03] | Killed the mood. | 气氛没了 |
[02:04] | – Sorry. – Killed the mood. | -抱歉 -气氛没了 |
[02:10] | Do you think | 你能不能 |
[02:10] | you could maybe drop me off at my parents’? | 开车把我送到我爸妈家呀 |
[02:13] | ‘Cause Jenny has my car. | 因为我的车在珍妮家 |
[02:16] | Please? | 求你啦 |
[02:17] | Come on. It’s 20 minutes away. | 好不好 也就20分钟 |
[02:19] | Yeah, no, it– No, it’s fine. | 好 没事 没问题 |
[02:21] | It’s not that. I just, um… | 不是因为这个 只是… |
[02:24] | I don’t think your parents really approve of me | 我觉得上次晚餐之后 |
[02:27] | after that first dinner at the club. | 你爸妈对我不是很满意 |
[02:30] | – What? – I just… | -什么 -我觉得… |
[02:32] | Think I was talking about myself too much. | 可能我当时说了太多自己的事 |
[02:34] | Jack, you never talk about yourself. | 杰克 你从来不说自己的事 |
[02:37] | I loved it. | 我特别喜欢 |
[02:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:42] | Okay, okay, fine, I’ll give you a ride. | 好吧 我送你过去 |
[02:43] | But I just want you to know, | 不过我希望你知道 |
[02:44] | there is no such thing as a free brunch. | 世上没有免费的早午餐 |
[03:04] | Dad, come on. Let’s go. | 爸 快起来走吧 |
[03:05] | Whoa! Randall, you’re-you’re like a ninja. | 兰德尔 你怎么跟忍者一样走路没声音 |
[03:08] | Get dressed. I got to go to school. | 快穿衣服 我得去上学 |
[03:09] | It’s 6:00 A.M., bud. | 现在才六点 孩子 |
[03:11] | I want to get there early to talk to Mr. Lawrence. | 我想早点去跟劳伦斯老师聊聊 |
[03:13] | – He gave me a book to read. – Mr. Lawrence again. | -他给了我一本书看 -又是劳伦斯老师 |
[03:15] | Mr. Lawrence give you the book | 劳伦斯老师给你的书 |
[03:16] | – about the tickle monster? – Stop. Dad, stop! Stop. | -是说挠痒痒怪兽的吗 -别闹 爸 住手 |
[03:17] | – Tickle monster is… – Oh, my God. | -挠痒痒怪兽 -我的天哪 |
[03:20] | Something died in your mouth. | 你的嘴真的太臭了 |
[03:21] | – Oh, did it? – Go brush your teeth. | -是吗 -赶紧去刷牙 |
[03:23] | – Come on. Let’s go. – You know what, | -快点 得出发了 -这样吧 |
[03:25] | I think, uh… | 我觉得 |
[03:26] | I think I want to meet this Mr. Lawrence. | 我很想跟这位劳伦斯老师见一面 |
[03:28] | He’s made quite an impression on you. | 他给你留下了这么好的印象 |
[03:31] | Parent-teacher conferences are next month. | 下个月会开家长会 |
[03:32] | Or today. | 今天也行 |
[03:34] | – Yeah. – Okay? | -好 -好吗 |
[03:35] | – Yeah. Yeah. – Yeah. | -没问题 -好的 |
[03:39] | Mr. Lawrence. | 劳伦斯老师 |
[03:41] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[03:43] | This is the latest you’ve ever been early. | 这是你早到记录里最晚的一次 |
[03:51] | Uh, Korey Lawrence, | 我是科里·劳伦斯 |
[03:52] | Randall’s English teacher. | 兰德尔的英语老师 |
[03:53] | Jack Pearson, Randall’s father. | 我是杰克·皮尔森 兰德尔的父亲 |
[03:56] | I’ve heard a lot of great things about you. | 久仰大名 |
[03:58] | Oh. Well, uh, | 是啊 |
[04:00] | your son is a very curious young man. | 你的儿子是个充满好奇心的年轻人 |
[04:02] | He asks a lot of questions, yeah. | 他会问很多问题 |
[04:06] | So, how’s Notes of a Native Son going? | 《土生子的札记》读得怎么样了 |
[04:09] | Great. When James Baldwin was ten, | 挺好的 詹姆斯·鲍德温十岁的时候 |
[04:11] | he wrote a play his teacher directed. | 他写了一部由老师执导的剧本 |
[04:14] | Hey. You got a director. | 你已经有导演了 |
[04:16] | Now you just need to write a play, right? | 现在只需要写剧本出来 对吗 |
[04:20] | – Hey, it was really nice to meet you. – Yeah. | -认识你很开心 -好 |
[04:22] | You have a very special kid here. | 你家孩子非常特别 |
[04:24] | I agree. | 确实 |
[04:26] | Randall, your mom’s gonna pick you up today. | 兰德尔 今天你妈妈来接你 |
[04:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:29] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[04:31] | So… | 那么… |
[04:33] | …how far did you get? | …你读到哪儿了 |
[04:35] | – “The Harlem Ghetto.” – Ah, yeah. | -“哈莱姆黑人区” -这样啊 |
[04:40] | Wilkins is freezing me out. | 威尔金斯在排挤我 |
[04:42] | Yeah, well, you did cancel on him twice. | 你确实对他爽约了两次 |
[04:45] | Screw it. I’m going over there. | 去他的 我要到跟前去 |
[04:46] | – To say what? – I’m gonna ask him | -去说什么 -我要问他 |
[04:49] | if I vote for his housing bill, with revisions, | 如果我投票支持他的住房议案 加些修改 |
[04:51] | whether he’ll support my grocery store in the food desert. | 他是否会支持我在食物沙漠开设杂货店 |
[04:55] | Actually, no. I’m gonna tell him. | 还是算了 我要直接去告诉他 |
[04:56] | – Yeah, you are. – Yeah. | -那就去吧 -没错 |
[04:58] | – Yeah… – Yeah. | -对 -对 |
[05:01] | Come on. | 去吧 |
[05:03] | No, no, no. I’m telling you, I’m up | 不不不 我跟你说 我等到 |
[05:04] | five after nine, right, and then the back tightens. | 九点零五分上场 后背肌肉很紧张 |
[05:06] | And I still had to swi… | 可我还是得… |
[05:09] | Morning, gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[05:10] | Sorry to interrupt the golf banter. | 抱歉打断你们的高尔夫趣谈 |
[05:13] | Councilman, if this conversation is gonna start or end | 市议员先生 如果你要说的话 |
[05:16] | with the words “Affordable groceries” Or “Food desert,” | 绕不开”平价杂货店”或”食物沙漠”这些词 |
[05:19] | you can keep walking. | 你可以走开了 |
[05:21] | Actually, um, Councilman, no. | 其实并不会 市议员先生 |
[05:26] | I know I had to cancel on you twice, | 我知道我对你爽约了两次 |
[05:27] | and I wanted to make it up to you. | 我想要弥补你 |
[05:29] | So, um, | 那么 |
[05:32] | if you ever wanted to get onto Stillbrooke, | 如果你们想去斯蒂尔布鲁克 |
[05:34] | I have an in. | 我有门路 |
[05:35] | – Stillbrooke? – Two-month wait for a tee time. | -斯蒂尔布鲁克 -开球时间就要等两个月 |
[05:38] | And, of course, Pearson has an in. | 当然了 皮尔森有门路 |
[05:41] | Yes, ’cause I’m a carpetbagger with rich friends, | 没错 因为我是个仰仗阔绰朋友的外来政客 |
[05:44] | and you men of principle don’t want any part of that. | 而各位都是有原则的人 不想跟我沾上边 |
[05:47] | My offer stands. | 我的提议随时有效 |
[05:49] | It was nice talking to you. | 很高兴跟你们聊天 |
[05:51] | Well, what about today? | 那么今天如何 |
[05:54] | Today? | 今天 |
[05:56] | I’ll make a call. | 我打个电话问问 |
[05:58] | We could use a fourth. | 再来第四个人也无妨 |
[06:00] | Thanks, but, uh, golf’s not really my bag. | 多谢 不过 高尔夫真的不是我的爱好 |
[06:05] | Golf. Bag. | 高尔夫 爱好[双关”球袋”] |
[06:08] | Um, do you still want me? | 你们还想让我加入吗 |
[06:09] | Oh, we do now. | 听你这么说倒是想了 |
[06:10] | Ours is a money game. | 我们打高尔夫可是算钱的 |
[06:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[06:19] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[06:23] | Just… | 真是… |
[06:28] | Okay, what’s wrong? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[06:30] | Eh. Aw, I’m just… | 我只是… |
[06:32] | I’m creeping on my ex. | 我在偷窥我的前任 |
[06:35] | What’s that even mean? | 那到底是什么意思 |
[06:38] | I’m Internet stalking her. | 我在网上追踪她的动态 |
[06:41] | God, you’re old. | 天啊 你个老古董 |
[06:45] | It’s my-my ex, Zoe. | 是我的前任 佐伊 |
[06:47] | Uh, her documentary won a prize at this Rome film festival, | 她的纪录片在罗马的一个电影节上获奖了 |
[06:50] | and she’s posted all these photos. | 她发了这些照片 |
[06:51] | And every single one, she’s with this hot guy. | 每一张上 她都跟这个型男一起 |
[06:54] | See that? | 看到没 |
[06:55] | What do you think of that? Just friends? | 你觉得他们什么关系 只是朋友吗 |
[06:57] | – Yeah. Oh, yeah, definitely. – Yeah? | -是 是 绝对是 -是吗 |
[06:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:00] | But they’re also having sex. | 但他们还上床 |
[07:02] | – What is this… – What are– | -这是什么… -什么… |
[07:04] | – No, no, no. What are you doing? – I’m trying to make | – 不不不 你在做什么 -我想把照片 |
[07:05] | – the picture bigger. What… -Well, you didn’t make it bigger. | -放大一点 怎么… -你没有放大 |
[07:07] | You touched the heart, man. You touched the heart. | 你点了这颗心 你点了心 |
[07:09] | – Now she knows I’m stalking her. – What’s your problem? | -现在她知道我在偷窥她了 -你什么毛病 |
[07:11] | – I look like an– What’s my problem? – Yeah. | -我就像个… 我什么毛病 -对 |
[07:13] | Everything here sucks. That’s my problem. | 这儿的一切都糟透了 所以我有毛病 |
[07:18] | You don’t need to stick around here for my court hearing. | 你不需要留在这儿等我的聆讯 |
[07:21] | Yeah, no, I really do need | 不 我是真的必须 |
[07:23] | to stick around here for your court hearing. | 留在这儿等你的聆讯 |
[07:24] | I told your vet counselor that I would. | 我跟你的老兵咨询师说了我会等 |
[07:26] | Which means… | 也就是说… |
[07:27] | a few more weeks. | 还要再等几周 |
[07:34] | Let’s do something though. You know? | 我们一起做点什么吧 |
[07:35] | You want to go in– You want to go for a hike? | 你想去…你想去远足吗 |
[07:37] | – I’ve had more than enough hikes with you, kid. – Okay. | -我已经跟你走得够远了 孩子 -好吧 |
[07:40] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[07:42] | Go to a meeting, Kevin. | 去参加个互助会 凯文 |
[07:43] | Yeah, thanks. Just went to a meeting. | 是 多谢 刚参加完一个 |
[07:46] | Go to another one. | 那就再参加一个呗 |
[08:03] | Relax. It’s okay. | 放心 没事 |
[08:07] | Hey, Mr. Malone. | 马隆先生 |
[08:09] | You, uh… | 您… |
[08:11] | going out to play some golf? | 您要出去打高尔夫吗 |
[08:12] | No, no. I’m just gonna go hit some balls. | 不不 我就随便挥两杆 |
[08:14] | Do you play? | 你平时打吗 |
[08:17] | Not really. | 不怎么打 |
[08:18] | I mean, | 其实 |
[08:19] | sometimes I’ll do a twilight round over at Swenson. | 我有时会在斯文森公园打夜场 |
[08:23] | You want to join me? | 你想跟我一起去吗 |
[08:25] | You know what, I got a lot of errands today. | 其实我今天还有不少事 |
[08:27] | Thank you, though, sir. | 但还是谢谢您 先生 |
[08:29] | All right. Some other time. | 好吧 那改天约 |
[08:32] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:34] | I think it’s really sweet | 我感觉这挺好的 |
[08:35] | that my dad wants to get to know you more. | 我爸想进一步了解你 |
[08:41] | Uh, Mr. Malone. | 马隆先生 |
[08:43] | Maybe I will join you. | 我还是跟您一块去吧 |
[08:45] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[08:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:48] | It’ll be fun. | 会很有趣的 |
[08:50] | – Tobe. – Yeah. | -小托 -怎么了 |
[08:52] | You left the onesies in the washer too long. | 你把宝宝衫留在洗衣机里太久了 |
[08:54] | They sat in the washer too long, | 它们被扔在洗衣机里太久 |
[08:55] | and now they’re all mildewy. | 现在发霉了 |
[08:57] | Okay, I’m-I’m sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[08:58] | I-I’m operating on-on two hours of sleep. | 我现在每天只睡两小时 |
[09:00] | I can’t be good at laundry and also | 我没法既好好洗衣服 |
[09:02] | work enough to save money for Jack’s college tuition, | 同时又努力工作为杰克挣学费 |
[09:05] | which, accounting for inflation, | 算上通货膨胀 |
[09:07] | will be $6 million a year | 到他入学前 |
[09:09] | by the time he’s ready to go to school. | 每年需要六百万美元 |
[09:11] | Okay, well, I’m operating on two hours of sleep, too. | 好吧 我现在每天也只睡两小时 |
[09:13] | And I know I don’t have a job, but at least your nipples | 我知道自己没有工作 但至少你的乳头 |
[09:15] | don’t feel like chew toys. | 没被当成咀嚼玩具 |
[09:17] | Wait, are you getting rid of those? | 等等 你不要这条裤子了吗 |
[09:18] | They’re so nice. | 它很好看 |
[09:21] | Um, these are way too big for me now. | 它现在对我来说太大了 |
[09:23] | So I am donating them, yes. | 所以我要把它捐掉 没错 |
[09:26] | I thought they were your favorite. | 我以为你最喜欢这条 |
[09:27] | Don’t get rid of ’em. | 不要扔 |
[09:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:31] | Okay. What? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[09:35] | Uh, nothing. Never mind. I’ll keep ’em. | 没事 别在意 那我留着好了 |
[09:40] | Tobe, what is going on? | 小托 发生什么事了 |
[09:42] | We’ve been snippy with each other for the past two weeks. | 我们过去两周对彼此的态度都很差 |
[09:45] | Yeah, well, I’ll tell you what hasn’t been going on. | 要不 我告诉你什么事没发生 |
[09:49] | I’ll tell you what hasn’t been going on | 我们聊聊那件已经 |
[09:50] | for nine months and 23 days. | 九个月零23天没做的事 |
[09:54] | We’re tired. | 我们都很累 |
[09:55] | And Jack is sleeping right next to us. | 况且杰克就睡在我们身边 |
[09:57] | I know. But he can’t, like… | 我知道 他又不会… |
[10:00] | can’t see us. | 不会看到我们 |
[10:01] | Um, he can hear us. | 但他能听到我们的声音 |
[10:03] | You. | 你的声音 |
[10:04] | So, y-you know what, we… | 所以其实 我们… |
[10:06] | we need to get out of here. All right? | 我们得离开这里 好吗 |
[10:08] | We need to– we need to find a… | 我们得找个更… |
[10:10] | an environment that is more conducive to… | 更有利于… |
[10:13] | lovemaking. | 做爱的环境 |
[10:14] | Okay. And when are we gonna do that? | 好吧 那我们什么时候行动 |
[10:16] | I don’t know. Today? | 不知道 今天 |
[10:17] | How ’bout today? | 今天怎么样 |
[10:18] | I already took the day off. | 我今天已经请了假 |
[10:20] | Huh? We can get your mom | 如何 我们可以叫你妈 |
[10:21] | and Miggy Stardust to come over. | 和米格尔过来 |
[10:23] | They’ve been dying to babysit. | 他们想看小孩已经想疯了 |
[10:24] | They’ve been begging us to go out more. | 他们一直在求我们多出去走走 |
[10:26] | Tobe, I don’t know. | 小托 我不知道 |
[10:26] | No, you do know. | 不 你知道的 |
[10:29] | You know we have to do this. | 你知道我们得这么做 |
[10:31] | We need to do this. | 我们需要这样 |
[10:34] | For the sake of our sex life, | 为了我们的爱爱生活 |
[10:36] | call your mother. | 给你妈打电话 |
[10:37] | – Okay. – Please call her. | -好吧 -求你快打给她 |
[10:39] | – I’m going to. – Please start dialing. | -我这就去 -求你快拨号吧 |
[10:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:46] | Oh, oh, you got it, you got it, you got it. | 你可以的 可以的 可以的 |
[10:47] | Okay. Ooh. | 好的 |
[10:52] | – Thanks. I had that, by the way. – Yeah. | -谢谢 其实我刚才自己也能行 -确实 |
[10:53] | Yeah, it’s just, rep 99 and 100 are typically the hardest ones. | 嗯 只不过第99和100个往往最难 |
[10:58] | – Sure. – Yeah. | -确实 -是啊 |
[10:59] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[11:01] | I’m just trying to stay out of trouble, you know, | 我只是不想再惹上麻烦了 |
[11:02] | not that you could actually get into any trouble in this town. | 倒不是说这个镇子本身是非多 |
[11:05] | – Mind if I, uh…? – You’re gonna do some pull-ups? | -介意我… -你要做引体向上吗 |
[11:06] | – Yeah. – You want a boost? Wha…? | -对 -需要我托你一下吗 什… |
[11:08] | Okay. She’s got it. | 好吧 她可以的 |
[11:11] | She has got it. Wow. That’s… | 她挺厉害的 真是 |
[11:13] | impressive. | 太棒了 |
[11:15] | Here you go, Kevin. | 给你 凯文 |
[11:17] | – The usual. – Thank you. | -和平常一样 -谢谢 |
[11:18] | That’s… You don’t have to deliver my… | 真是 你不必帮我送… |
[11:21] | Oxi-Protein PB Energy Spike? | 含氧蛋白无敌能量特饮吗 |
[11:23] | – And did you add the…? – Chia. | -然后加了… -奇亚籽 |
[11:25] | Yes. | 必须的 |
[11:26] | You’re like my phone anticipating my… | 你就像是能预测我说什么话的 |
[11:27] | – Words. – Okay. | -手机 -好的 |
[11:30] | Technically, you’re not supposed to have drinks | 严格来说 其实你不应该 |
[11:32] | around the workout stations, but I’ll let it go this time. | 在锻炼区域喝东西 但这次我放你一马 |
[11:35] | Well, thank you for letting it go this time. | 感谢你这次放我一马 |
[11:37] | I appreciate it. | 太感谢了 |
[11:43] | The service here’s amazing. | 这里的服务简直太棒了 |
[11:44] | Yeah. She wrote her number on your cup. | 是啊 她还把手机号写在你杯子上了 |
[11:49] | Hey! Look at that. | 看呐 |
[11:50] | No. No. | 不不 |
[11:52] | You know, AA discourages romantic relationships | 你明白的 互助会里反对第一年加入 |
[11:54] | in the first year. | 就发展恋情 |
[11:56] | – And drinking. – Wow. You really sold that. | -还有喝酒 -你说得我都信了 |
[11:59] | Talk to your husband? | 和你老公谈过了吗 |
[12:01] | Not since the hockey game. | 那次冰球比赛之后就没说话了 |
[12:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:04] | Divorce is on the table, right? | 离婚是早晚的事 对吧 |
[12:07] | You don’t have all this time. | 你可耗不起这么多时间 |
[12:08] | Plus, you know what? He could just meet someone else. | 而且你知道吗 他可能还会结识别的女人 |
[12:11] | Like, take my ex, for instance– Zoe, right? | 拿我前任佐伊来说 |
[12:13] | It’s only been, like, six months, but yet, here she is, | 我们分开差不多才六个月 你看她现在 |
[12:15] | jet-setting around the planet with some | 和一个三明治艺术家 |
[12:17] | sandwich artist guy. What do you think? | 奢华地旅居世界各地 你怎么看 |
[12:20] | Huh? She into him? | 她喜欢他吗 |
[12:21] | Well, 20 bucks says they had bathroom sex | 我赌二十块 他们在拍这张照片之前 |
[12:23] | right before they took this picture. | 在浴室做爱了 |
[12:28] | She’s gorgeous. | 她太美了 |
[12:29] | – Yeah. – Why’d you guys break up? | -是啊 -你们怎么分手了 |
[12:35] | She didn’t want kids. | 她不想要小孩 |
[12:37] | And you do? | 你想要 |
[12:39] | Well, yeah, I want kid… | 是的 我想要小孩 |
[12:39] | Why do you act all skeptical and, like, surprised? | 为什么你表现得很怀疑 很惊讶吗 |
[12:43] | I don’t know. You don’t seem… motivated. | 说不清 你看起来不像很上进的人 |
[12:46] | You just moved to the middle of nowhere, | 你走到哪算哪 |
[12:47] | and you spend all your time with your grumpy uncle, and… | 整天和你那个暴脾气叔叔在一起 还… |
[12:49] | Yeah, to help him out. | 那是为了帮助他 |
[12:50] | It’s temporary. Trust me, I’ll get back in the saddle. | 是暂时的 我会回归到常态的 相信我 |
[12:52] | I’m just saying, you’re not getting any younger. | 我只是想说 你不再年轻了 |
[12:54] | I’m not getting any younger? I’m 30, like, something. | 我不再年轻了吗 我才三十…多点 |
[12:57] | I’m sorry. I missed that. You’re 30…? | 抱歉 我没听清 你三十几岁了 |
[12:59] | – Can you enunciate a little? – I’ll enunciate, okay? | -你能说清楚点吗 -我会说清楚的 |
[13:01] | – Just enunciate. – Okay, here it goes. | -吐字清楚点 -行 那你听好 |
[13:02] | You are very annoying. | 你真的很烦人 |
[13:04] | All right? Come on. | 够了吗 继续锻炼吧 |
[13:05] | Spot me. Grab the 45s if you can lift them. | 护着我点 拿得动的话 拿那个45磅的 |
[13:16] | Hey, bud. | 小家伙 |
[13:22] | – That smile. – His name is Tiger Woods. | -这个笑容 -他叫老虎伍兹 |
[13:24] | Mr. Lawrence said he’s gonna change the game of golf. | 劳伦斯老师说他会改变整个高尔夫球界 |
[13:27] | Yeah, I’ve heard of him. | 嗯 我听说过他 |
[13:42] | Hey, how about tomorrow after school, | 要不明天放学后 |
[13:45] | you and me, we… we go play some? | 我们俩去也去打打看 |
[13:49] | Golf? | 高尔夫 |
[13:50] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[13:52] | Yeah, we’ll go hit some balls at the range first, | 我们先去练习场击球 |
[13:54] | and then we’ll go par three. | 然后再去打打看三杆洞 |
[13:59] | Sure. Sure! | 好啊 好啊 |
[14:01] | Okay. Cool. | 好的 说定了 |
[14:07] | But I thought you didn’t like golf. | 但我还以为你不喜欢高尔夫球 |
[14:12] | It wasn’t the right fit for me, | 高尔夫球确实不适合我 |
[14:14] | and my ball always seemed to find the water, but… | 我的球老是自己掉到水里去 但是… |
[14:18] | I think you might be cut out for it. | 我觉得你可能就是打高尔夫球的料 |
[14:27] | Okay, gents, | 好了 先生们 |
[14:29] | dollar a hole, two dollar Nassau, | 每洞一块 拿骚两块 |
[14:31] | 50 cent skins. | 逐洞剥皮赛50美分 |
[14:33] | Pearson, you’re up. | 皮尔森 该你上了 |
[14:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:42] | I’ll say it again, gentlemen. | 我再重申一遍 先生们 |
[14:45] | I don’t have a very good history with this game. | 我之前都打的很烂 |
[14:48] | As in, I have only played one time. | 说实话 我也就打过一次 |
[15:03] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[15:14] | – You’re in the wrong cart. – I sure am. | -你坐错车了 -肯定是错了 |
[15:17] | Sure as hell am. | 百分百错了 |
[15:36] | Ou est le métro, madame? | [法语] |
[15:39] | Ooh, la, la. | 我的天呐 |
[15:41] | What did you just say? | 你刚刚说的是什么 |
[15:42] | I said, “Where can I find the subway, miss?” | 我说 “地铁站往哪走 女士” |
[15:46] | It’s the only French I remember | 这是我徒步穿越欧洲之后 |
[15:48] | after backpacking through Europe. | 唯一记得的法语 |
[15:54] | Um, can we dim the lights just so it’s a little more romantic? | 能把光线调暗一点吗 这样更浪漫 |
[15:57] | As you wish. | 听你的 |
[15:59] | Setting the mood… | 调整气氛 |
[16:09] | My God, you are so hunky. | 天呐 你真是个猛男 |
[16:17] | Mmm. Mm-hmm, yeah, I remember. | 嗯 我记得 |
[16:19] | Like riding a bike. | 就像骑自行车一样 |
[16:29] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:33] | Oh, it’s not… I just have… | 并不是… 我就是 |
[16:34] | I just have a lot on my mind. It’s… | 心里装了很多事 就是… |
[16:38] | Like what, babe? | 什么事 宝贝 |
[16:40] | I just need a minute to clear my brain, you know? | 我需要一点时间让自己放空 你明白吧 |
[16:43] | Just… | 就是… |
[16:45] | empty my mind. Um… | 理一下头绪… |
[16:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:53] | Want to watch Turner Classics? | 想看特纳经典吗 |
[16:58] | It’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[16:59] | Yup, Turner Classic Movies. | 好 特纳经典电影 |
[17:02] | TCM– that’ll, uh, | 特纳经典电影 看了能 |
[17:04] | get me going. | 提提神 |
[17:08] | – Well, here we are again. – Yes. | -我们又到这了 -是的 |
[17:13] | You are gonna need to find the right clothes. | 你得找合适的衣服穿 |
[17:17] | What? I thought we were just gonna hit some balls. | 什么 我以为我们就是随便挥两杆 |
[17:20] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 不要紧 |
[17:21] | Uh, you need to wear a collared shirt | 在俱乐部你得穿有领衬衣 |
[17:23] | here at the club and no jeans. | 不能穿牛仔裤的 |
[17:26] | Uh, you know what? | 那个 |
[17:26] | I forgot my credit card. | 我忘带信用卡了 |
[17:28] | No, no, no, it’s on me. What size shoes do you wear? | 不不不 我来付 你穿多大码的鞋 |
[17:30] | No, sir, I don’t feel comfortable you buying me… | 不用了 您付钱的话我感觉很别扭… |
[17:32] | Hey, Dave? I’m playing with Johnson. | 戴夫 我和约翰逊一起打球 |
[17:34] | You want to join? | 你要不要一起 |
[17:36] | Uh, sure. Sure. | 好啊 当然 |
[17:38] | Yeah, no. We’ll meet you right outside. | 好 外面见 |
[17:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:40] | Yeah. | 好 |
[17:43] | Gonna take a lot more | 除了限速55 |
[17:44] | than lowering the speed limit to 55 | 来减少对汽油的依赖外 |
[17:45] | to reduce our dependency on gas. | 要做的还有很多 |
[17:48] | Yeah, what’s your take on OPEC, Jack? | 是啊 你怎么看石油输出国组织 杰克 |
[17:51] | Well, I know the lines are long where I work. | 我工作的地方队排很长 |
[17:58] | You work at a gas station? | 你在加油站工作 |
[18:01] | Yeah. Part-time mechanic at Vine Auto | 差不多 我不帮我哥们盖房子时 |
[18:03] | when I’m not helping my buddy frame houses. | 还在维恩汽车兼职做机械修理工 |
[18:06] | Well, you hear that, Merrick? Jack frames houses. | 听到了吗 梅瑞克 杰克盖房子 |
[18:09] | Doesn’t your insurance company specialize in construction? | 你的保险公司不是专做建筑行业吗 |
[18:11] | Yeah, mostly umbrella liability. | 是的 主要是伞护式责任保险 |
[18:13] | Well, you must need smart guys. | 你肯定需要机灵的员工 |
[18:15] | Give Jack your card, Merrick. | 梅瑞克 把你的名片给杰克 |
[18:17] | Maybe he can come in next week for an informational. | 也许他下周可以去咨询一下 |
[18:18] | – Sure. – Oh, it’s-it’s not necessary. | -可以 -没这个必要吧 |
[18:20] | – No, no. – Hey. | -不 不 -来 |
[18:22] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢 |
[18:23] | There’s hope for you yet. | 还是有希望的 |
[18:29] | You didn’t win the Masters, Bill. | 你又不是赢了名人赛 比尔 |
[18:31] | I mean, come on. | 拜托 |
[18:32] | You triple-bogeyed the second hole. | 第二洞你打出三柏忌了 |
[18:36] | – Well… are you sure? – Four. | -你确定吗 -其实是四柏忌 |
[18:38] | – Yeah, I am sure. – Okay. | -我确定 -好吧 |
[18:40] | – Ask my caddy. – Yeah. | -问我的球童去 -好 |
[18:41] | – There’s a hundred in it for you. – Oh, I’m sure there is. | -有给你的100元小费 -肯定得有 |
[18:45] | – Better be sure… – Gin and tonic. | -最好确保… -一杯金汤力 |
[18:50] | – Triple. – Can you back it up? | -三倍 -可以带走吗 |
[18:55] | Wow. Look at us, huh? | 瞧瞧我们 |
[18:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:02] | We should play for $1,000. | 我们应该赌1000块 |
[19:03] | A grand? Really? | 1000块 真的吗 |
[19:05] | That’s what Michael Jordan bets. | 迈克尔·乔丹就赌了1000块 |
[19:06] | Okay, M.J., you’re up. | 好吧 迈克尔·乔丹 你来 |
[19:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:12] | Mr. Lawrence says Tiger Woods is gonna break barriers in golf. | 劳伦斯老师说老虎伍兹会打破高尔夫球的壁垒 |
[19:21] | Great putt. | 好球 |
[19:22] | Mr. Lawrence says I’m breaking barriers at Hanes Academy, too. | 劳伦斯老师说我也打破了海恩斯学院的壁垒 |
[19:25] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[19:27] | ‘Cause they never had a black kid on the debate team. | 因为他们的辩论队从没有过黑人小孩 |
[19:30] | I didn’t know that. | 这个我不知道 |
[19:33] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[19:37] | Nice! | 很好 |
[19:39] | Yeah, I’m not saying it’ll be as hard | 我不是说我要打破壁垒 |
[19:41] | for me as it was for Jackie Robinson | 会像杰基·罗宾森或者穆罕默德·阿里 |
[19:43] | and Muhammad Ali, but | 当初那样难 但是 |
[19:45] | it’ll still be hard for me, you know? | 对我来说也还是很难 |
[19:48] | Oh, you’re gonna do just fine, Randall. | 你可以的 兰德尔 |
[19:50] | You are insanely smart and charming, and you’re gonna | 你聪明得出奇又有魅力 无论你想做什么 |
[19:54] | do just fine wherever you want to go in life. | 你都能做好的 |
[19:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:58] | You know, when I was younger, | 在我年轻的时候 |
[20:01] | I never felt welcome at country clubs. | 我觉得自己在乡村俱乐部并不受欢迎 |
[20:04] | People thought I… | 人们觉得我… |
[20:06] | I didn’t… make enough money or have the right job. | 我… 赚钱不够多 工作不够体面 |
[20:11] | Probably why I stopped playing. | 也许那是我不再打球的原因 |
[20:13] | I let those people get to me. | 我任由那些人影响到了我 |
[20:17] | That’s not what I’m saying, Dad. | 那不是我要表达的意思 爸 |
[20:18] | No, I… I know what you’re saying. | 不 我… 我知道你要说什么 |
[20:21] | I do, and I’m gonna do everything in my power | 我知道 我会尽我的全力 |
[20:23] | to make sure that nobody gets in your way | 确保没人会挡你的前路 |
[20:27] | or holds you back. | 或是拖你的后腿 |
[20:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:46] | Oh, right in the drink. | 正中湖中心 |
[20:48] | Dave, you should buy the kid a lake house. | 戴夫 你应该给这孩子买个湖边小屋 |
[20:49] | He loves the water. | 他喜欢水 |
[20:51] | You’re up, Dave. Show us the way. | 该你了 戴夫 让我们瞧瞧 |
[20:57] | – Thank you, Sam. – Sometime today. | -谢谢 萨姆 -晚一点吧 |
[21:02] | He liked it so much, right, | 他就特别喜欢 |
[21:03] | that now every time we go over to the mayor’s house, | 所以现在我们每次去市长家做客 |
[21:05] | my wife has to make him potato salad. | 我太太都得给他做一份土豆沙拉 |
[21:09] | You know, the one thing about potato salad… | 你们知道吗 土豆沙拉有个特点… |
[21:11] | Uh, they’re off the green. You can hit. | 他们走了 你可以去打了 |
[21:15] | Oh, right on. | 好的 |
[21:17] | See what I’m saying… | 你懂我意思了吧… |
[21:29] | I’ll walk. | 我走路过去 |
[21:40] | Slow everything down. | 凡事节奏放慢点 |
[21:42] | You’re too fast. Look. | 你太心急了 你看 |
[21:44] | It’s just back… and through. | 就这样挥回来 再推出去就可以了 |
[21:47] | Tempo. | 注意节奏 |
[21:59] | Okay. | 这下还可以 |
[22:01] | Slowing down really helps. | 放慢节奏真的有用 |
[22:03] | Thanks for the tip. | 多谢你的提醒 |
[22:12] | I also ran track. | 我也经常跑步 |
[22:14] | Now I think I’m gonna go back to grad school | 最近我打算回去读个研究生 |
[22:15] | and maybe get a degree in kinesiology or nutrition. | 考个运动学或营养学学位什么的 |
[22:19] | Yeah. I am very much into nutrition. | 营养学这东西我很感兴趣 |
[22:23] | – Really? – Yeah, really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[22:24] | Like, uh, take now for instance. | 就比如现在吧 |
[22:26] | I’m starving, you know? | 我快饿死了 |
[22:28] | And we’ve been sitting here for 20 minutes | 而且我们已经坐了20分钟了 |
[22:29] | and I’ve yet to see a menu. | 我却连个菜单都还没见着 |
[22:31] | I’m starting to realize that, uh, | 我现在开始明白了 |
[22:33] | people from small towns are never in a hurry. | 小城镇的人做事总是不紧不慢的 |
[22:36] | Small towns aren’t for everyone. | 小城镇并不适合所有人 |
[22:39] | But I remind myself of something Richard Russo once said. | 不过我常想起理查德·拉索的那句话 |
[22:42] | – Yeah. – “People in small towns, | -什么 -“比起大城市 |
[22:45] | “More than in big cities, | 小镇的人们 |
[22:46] | share a destiny.” | 更有使命感” |
[22:51] | Well, I like that. | 这话我喜欢 |
[22:53] | Share a destiny. | 更有使命感 |
[22:56] | I feel like, uh, | 我觉得 |
[22:57] | destiny sort of brought me here, actually. | 某种意义上 就是命运召唤我来这的 |
[23:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:01] | But do-do you see yourself settling down | 但你以后研究生毕业了 |
[23:03] | in a town like Bradford after grad school? | 会选择在布拉德福德这样的小镇安顿下来吗 |
[23:06] | I suppose if I met the right person | 如果我遇上了命中注定的那个人 |
[23:10] | and he wanted to live here, I would. | 而他想在此安家 那我会的 |
[23:13] | It’s a perfect town to raise kids. | 这里很适合养孩子 |
[23:17] | I love kids. | 我喜欢小孩 |
[23:18] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[23:20] | See? There, we have something in common. | 看吧 我们找到了一个共同点 |
[23:21] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -还真是 -是啊 |
[23:27] | Charlie, I’ve changed my mind. I’ll go with the ribeye. | 查理 我改变主意了 我要肋眼牛排 |
[23:30] | – How would you like that, sir? – Rare. | -要几份熟呢 先生 -三分熟 |
[23:32] | Just knock off the horns and wipe its ass. | 牛角一拔屁股一擦就行了 |
[23:45] | Hey, seriously, Jack, | 说真的 杰克 |
[23:46] | call me if you want to come in for an interview. | 如果你想来面试的话 给我打个电话 |
[23:48] | Yeah, you two should set up a time for next week. | 你们俩可以下周约个时间 |
[23:51] | Well, that, uh, won’t be necessary, | 这个 暂时不需要了 |
[23:52] | but thank you, Merrick. | 不过谢谢你的好意 梅瑞克 |
[24:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:06] | You okay, bud? | 你还好吧 儿子 |
[24:10] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[24:12] | You sure? | 真没事吗 |
[24:13] | I mean, you barely said a word in the last couple of holes. | 刚才这几个球打下来你几乎没说话 |
[24:20] | I don’t think I want to play anymore. | 我不想打了 |
[24:21] | Randall, c-come on. | 兰德尔 别这样 |
[24:22] | We got four more holes to go. | 我们还有四个洞要拿下呢 |
[24:24] | You know we don’t quit what we started. | 任何事一旦开始 我们不能轻易放弃 |
[24:27] | We quit the dojo. | 道场我们就放弃了 |
[24:29] | Do you remember that dojo we went to a few years ago | 你还记得几年前我们去的道场吗 |
[24:31] | with all the other black families? | 里面都是黑人家庭的那家 |
[24:33] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[24:35] | We went a few times, but then we stopped. | 我们去了几次 后来就没再去了 |
[24:37] | W– You said you didn’t want to learn karate anymore. | 是你自己说不想学空手道了 |
[24:41] | Yeah, but you won’t let me quit soccer or baseball. | 对 但是足球和篮球你却坚持要我学 |
[24:43] | You don’t want me to quit golf. | 高尔夫你也不希望我放弃 |
[24:45] | I ju– I-I don’t quite follow you here, Randall. | 我只是… 我不明白你的意思 兰德尔 |
[24:50] | Forget it. Can we please just go home? | 算了不说了 我们可以回家了吗 |
[24:51] | H-Hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[24:52] | Where is this coming from? | 你怎么突然想到这些 |
[24:56] | Is this Mr. Lawrence again? | 又是因为那个劳伦斯老师吗 |
[24:57] | N-No. | 不是 |
[24:59] | No. You just, y… | 不是 你就是… |
[25:01] | You just don’t get it. | 你就是不懂 |
[25:02] | What don’t I get? | 我不懂什么 |
[25:03] | What you said before… | 你之前说过… |
[25:05] | about feeling weird at some country club golf course. | 你在乡村俱乐部的高尔夫球场上感觉很不自在 |
[25:09] | Okay? | 对吗 |
[25:10] | You felt uncomfortable at a golf course | 你在高尔夫球场觉得不自在 |
[25:12] | and I probably wouldn’t have even been allowed on it. | 可我很可能根本进不了高尔夫球场 |
[25:22] | Kiddo, I am sorry, okay? | 孩子 我很抱歉 好吗 |
[25:23] | That was a stupid thing to say. | 我不该那样说的 |
[25:25] | I just– I-I don’t… | 但是我 我… |
[25:26] | I don’t look at you and see color. | 我看着你的时候 看到的不是肤色 |
[25:29] | I see my son. | 我只看到我的儿子 |
[25:33] | Then you don’t see me, Dad. | 那你就没看到全部的我 爸爸 |
[25:43] | Now, remember, | 记住 |
[25:44] | you pull it back in one piece, slowly… and let it go. | 握着球杆 慢慢地提起来… 然后放手 |
[25:59] | Oh, that was a good one. | 这球不错 |
[26:01] | And you were right about the grip, too. | 关于握杆的方法 你说得也很对 |
[26:03] | – Thank you very much. Thank you. – All right. | -非常感谢 谢谢 -不客气 |
[26:05] | – Book them the honeymoon suite. – Yeah, no doubt about that. | -都能直接送他们去度蜜月了 -可不是吗 |
[26:07] | Carl, why don’t you grab your clubs, | 卡尔 要不你拿上你的球杆 |
[26:08] | go look for your ball with Lester. | 去和莱斯特一起打吧 |
[26:10] | Randall, hop on in. | 兰德尔 上车 |
[26:21] | Thank you so much for the meal. | 谢谢你的款待 |
[26:23] | You are more than welcome. | 你太客气了 |
[26:24] | So, um… | 那么… |
[26:26] | what else is there to do in this town? | 这个镇上有什么好玩的呢 |
[26:28] | And, um, | 还有 |
[26:29] | please don’t say the Zippo factory. | 请不要说芝宝打火机工厂 |
[26:31] | To be honest, there’s nothing really to do here, | 老实说 这里除了嗑药和做爱之外 |
[26:33] | except get high and have sex. | 没什么事可做 |
[26:36] | And I don’t do drugs. | 而我不吸毒 |
[26:45] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[26:47] | Even the tunnel’s getting laid. | 连隧道都有性生活 |
[26:53] | Is it me? | 是因为我吗 |
[26:58] | Are you still attracted to me? | 我对你还有吸引力吗 |
[27:00] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[27:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:04] | You have a whole new body. | 你现在身材这么好 |
[27:06] | – And… – Kate, really. | -还有… -凯特 听我说 |
[27:07] | I swear, I just have a lot on my mind. | 我发誓 我只是心里装了很多事 |
[27:10] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[27:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:20] | It is the pants. | 是因为裤子 |
[27:21] | – What? – What you said to me | -什么 -你跟我说 |
[27:24] | about keeping my old pants | 要留下我的旧裤子 |
[27:25] | in case I put the weight back on. | 以防我体重反弹 |
[27:28] | Along with the pressure of knowing | 还有我知道要是我表现不好 |
[27:30] | that if I didn’t perform, | 你就会觉得 |
[27:32] | you would think it was because I wasn’t attracted to you. | 是你对我没吸引力 所以我就很有压力 |
[27:35] | Add stress and exhaustion and… | 再加上生活压力和疲惫… |
[27:39] | – Toby… – Look, why-why-why did you say it? | -托比… -你当时为什么要那样说 |
[27:42] | You know, is it because you-you doubt | 是因为你怀疑我 |
[27:43] | that I can keep the weight off, or because you’re hoping | 不能保持身材吗 还是说你希望 |
[27:46] | that I put the weight back on? | 我重新胖回去 |
[27:49] | Okay, Tobe. | 好吧 小托 |
[27:53] | Let’s just go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[28:00] | Well, I’m glad I’m driving. | 还好是我来开车 |
[28:02] | You really put back those G and Ts. | 你喝了不少金汤力 |
[28:04] | Oh, no. I’m… I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[28:07] | Thank you, though, for the, uh… | 不过 还是谢谢你 |
[28:10] | drinks and the round. | 带我喝酒 打球 |
[28:13] | Jack, you really should have taken that interview. | 杰克 你真该接受面试的 |
[28:20] | I appreciate the gesture, | 我很感激你的好意 |
[28:22] | but I don’t need any help, sir. | 但我不需要任何帮助 先生 |
[28:26] | Look, my father… | 听着 我父亲… |
[28:29] | was a pipe-fitter. | 是个管道装配工 |
[28:31] | He worked hard to put me through college. | 他努力工作 才供我读完大学 |
[28:34] | And after I graduated, | 我毕业后 |
[28:35] | I wasn’t too proud to take a job as a runner | 我没有太在意自己的自尊 |
[28:39] | at a brokerage house. | 接受了在经纪公司跑腿的工作 |
[28:41] | I rose up the ranks, met the woman I’d marry. | 后来我晋升了 遇到了我想娶的女人 |
[28:44] | I bought a house, raised a family. | 还买了房子 养了一家人 |
[28:46] | Yeah, I… | 而且我… |
[28:47] | I joined a nice country club. | 我加入了一个不错的乡村俱乐部 |
[28:50] | And-And this club is where | 而这个俱乐部 |
[28:52] | we are gonna celebrate Rebecca’s wedding. | 就是我们要庆祝丽贝卡婚礼的地方 |
[28:57] | I see myself | 我看到我自己 |
[28:59] | walking her down the aisle at St. Michael’s, | 送她走过圣迈克尔教堂的红毯 |
[29:02] | and afterwards, coming over here, | 然后 我来到这里 |
[29:05] | and raising a toast to her | 在婚宴上 |
[29:06] | and her husband at the reception. | 向她和她的丈夫举杯祝福 |
[29:09] | I see it all so clearly. | 我看得很清楚 |
[29:13] | Question. | 问题是 |
[29:15] | Do you see yourself here? | 你能看到自己在这里吗 |
[29:26] | Randall said all that? | 兰德尔真这么说 |
[29:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:32] | Well… he’s getting older | 他长大了 |
[29:36] | and figuring out his place in the world. | 正在世界上寻找自己的位置 |
[29:40] | Hey, did we let him quit the dojo too easily? | 我们当时让他放弃道场是不是太草率了 |
[29:44] | I mean… | 会不会是… |
[29:47] | were we threatened by it? | 我们觉得那里很有威胁 |
[29:50] | No. | 不 |
[29:51] | It was a long drive. | 去那里要开很久车 |
[29:53] | And he wasn’t excited about it. | 而且他也没有很期待去 |
[29:55] | It just… | 于是就… |
[29:57] | – It fizzled out. – Yeah. | -慢慢淡了 -好 |
[30:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:06] | Oh, not a minute too soon. | 来得真是时候 |
[30:07] | Thank you, Lisa. | 谢谢你 丽萨 |
[30:10] | – Okay. – There you go. | -好的 -这就对了 |
[30:13] | Could have been a lot worse | 要是没有市议员的指点 |
[30:14] | without the councilman’s lessons. | 可能要差劲得多 |
[30:15] | How’d you grow up with a white father | 从小被白人父亲抚养长大 |
[30:17] | and not know how to golf? | 你怎么可能不会打高尔夫 |
[30:20] | Tell me about it. | 可不是吗 |
[30:21] | Hey, how did you guys find the game? | 你们入门高尔夫的契机是什么 |
[30:23] | Well, when I-I said I wanted to learn, | 我说我想学 |
[30:25] | my father painted a golf pro’s house for free | 我爸就给一个高尔夫职业选手免费粉刷房子 |
[30:28] | in exchange for lessons. | 好让我去学 |
[30:29] | Really? All right. | 真的吗 这样啊 |
[30:31] | Tiger winning at Augusta in ’97. | 老虎伍兹97年在奥古斯塔封王影响了我 |
[30:35] | Hey, my Aunt Lizzie. | 我莉齐姑妈 |
[30:36] | She taught me to putt like Lee Elder | 教我推杆入洞要像李·埃尔德一样准 |
[30:38] | and cuss like Red Foxx. | 骂人要像莱德·福克斯一样狠 |
[30:41] | Well, thank you, gentlemen, | 总之感谢各位 |
[30:42] | for dragging my sorry ass around the course today. | 今天带着我这个菜鸟满场跑 |
[30:45] | Here is to fathers, to Tiger, | 这杯酒敬父辈 敬老虎伍兹 |
[30:48] | and to Lester’s foul-mouthed Aunt Lizzie. | 也敬莱斯特那嘴不饶人的莉齐姑妈 |
[30:51] | – Yeah. – Hear, hear. | -没错 -说得好 |
[30:52] | If they could see us now. | 要是他们都能看见这一幕就好了 |
[30:56] | Listen… Why don’t you find some time | 听我说 你要是哪天有空 |
[30:59] | to stop by the office, we’ll talk about your grocery store. | 可以来我办公室 我们谈谈杂货店的事 |
[31:03] | After we talk about my housing bill. | 不过得先把我的住房议案谈妥 |
[31:04] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 |
[31:06] | That’s a sure shot. | 那球绝对命中 |
[31:08] | That wasn’t my shot. I told you… | 那球不是我打的 我都说了… |
[31:11] | – You parked so far away. – I’m sorry. | -你把车停得好远 -抱歉 |
[31:13] | My uncle lives right here so we got to kind of be quiet. | 我叔叔住这里 所以我们得安静点 |
[31:16] | – I’ll try. – Okay. | -我尽量 -好的 |
[31:17] | – But I make no promises. – You are trouble. | -但我可不保证 -真是个妖精 |
[31:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:30] | Thought you’d be alone. | 我以为你会一个人回来 |
[31:35] | You didn’t have to send her away. | 你没必要让她走 |
[31:38] | Sorry I interrupted. | 抱歉打搅你们了 |
[31:39] | That’s all right. | 没事 |
[31:42] | You interviewing mothers to bear your children? | 你这是在面试未来孩子的妈吗 |
[31:45] | Really? ‘Cause I can catch up with Donna. | 有必要这么损吗 要不我叫唐娜回来吧 |
[31:49] | I saw Ryan. | 我去见瑞安了 |
[31:52] | And? | 然后呢 |
[31:54] | Total fubar. | 惨不忍睹 |
[31:57] | It started out okay, and then… | 开始还可以 接着就… |
[32:00] | he got critical, and I got defensive, | 他开始指责我 我就开始反驳他 |
[32:02] | and then we started arguing, | 后来就吵了起来 |
[32:05] | and I lost my temper. | 我没控制住脾气 |
[32:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[32:12] | I told you it was a bad idea. | 我就说我不该去见他 |
[32:15] | I don’t blame Ryan. | 我不怪瑞安 |
[32:18] | I wouldn’t want to be | 我也不想和一个 |
[32:19] | with someone as screwed up as me. | 像我这样心乱如麻的人在一起 |
[32:20] | Hey, come on. | 别这样 |
[32:24] | You’ve seen things. | 你经历了很多 |
[32:26] | You-you have seen things that 99% of us, | 你经历过99%的人 |
[32:28] | we can’t even imagine. | 想都没想过的场面 |
[32:31] | And yeah, you made some mistakes | 的确 在这个过程中 |
[32:33] | along the way, but you’re trying. | 你犯过一些错 但你也在努力 |
[32:37] | That doesn’t make you unlovable. | 这并不代表你不值得被爱 |
[32:38] | It makes you human. | 只证明你是个活生生的人 |
[32:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:01] | – Hello? Anybody home? – Oh, no. | -我们回来了 有人吗 -没人 |
[33:05] | They’re, um, heading back from The Grove now with Jack. | 他们正带着杰克从格罗夫购物中心回来 |
[33:12] | I’m gonna unpack. | 我去把行李拿出来 |
[33:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:16] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[33:34] | Okay. | 好了 |
[33:36] | Do you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[33:41] | For what you said | 是原谅你说的话 |
[33:43] | or for cutting up the wrong pair of pants? | 还是原谅你剪错裤子了 |
[33:49] | Both? | 都原谅吧 |
[33:53] | Baby, | 亲爱的 |
[33:55] | I believe in you. | 我对你有信心 |
[33:56] | I always have. I always will. | 以前一直有 以后也都会有 |
[33:58] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[34:00] | Yes. | 当然 |
[34:02] | Do you believe me when I say | 如果我告诉你 |
[34:04] | that you still fuel the furnace that is my loins? | 你依然能点燃我的熊熊欲火 你信吗 |
[34:08] | Well, I could use some convincing. | 那你得证明给我看看 |
[34:11] | My attraction to you… | 你对我的吸引力 |
[34:13] | – Mm-hmm. – is purely primal, Kate Pearson. | -怎样 -纯属肉欲 凯特·皮尔森 |
[34:15] | You are nothing more to me than a vessel for my feral lust. | 你不过是我泄欲的对象罢了 |
[34:19] | And the rest of it, the emotional stuff, | 剩下来的 感情什么的 |
[34:21] | I cast aside with contempt. | 我全都无情蔑视 |
[34:23] | Now, | 现在 |
[34:24] | do you want to take Toby 2.0 for a spin? | 想不想来体验一下猛男托比第二代 |
[34:29] | I will drive you down to the rims. | 我会让你爽翻的 |
[34:32] | – Safe word? – Mom and Miguel. | -安全词是什么 -老妈和米格尔 |
[34:34] | – Weird, but I like it. – No, they’re gonna be back | -膈应 但我喜欢 -不是 我是说 |
[34:36] | – in, like, five minutes. – Good. | -他们再过5分钟就回来了 -很好 |
[34:37] | That gives us four minutes to put ourselves back together. | 说明我们还能有4分钟整理仪容 |
[34:40] | – Oh? Yeah? – Yeah. | -认真的吗 -当然 |
[35:03] | I’m gonna marry your daughter, Dave. | 我要娶你的女儿 戴夫 |
[35:06] | I’m… I’m gonna marry her. | 我…我一定会娶她 |
[35:08] | I’m gonna get a good job. | 我会找一份好工作 |
[35:11] | Buy a real nice house. | 买一栋漂亮的房子 |
[35:13] | A happy one. | 充满了欢乐的房子 |
[35:17] | With kids | 还会有孩子们 |
[35:19] | running around the yard. | 在院子里跑来跑去 |
[35:21] | So… | 所以… |
[35:24] | let me ask you. | 我来问问你 |
[35:28] | Do you see yourself there? | 你能看到自己在那里吗 |
[35:40] | You’re never gonna be good enough for her, Jack. | 你永远都配不上她 杰克 |
[35:44] | Say again? | 你再说一遍 |
[35:49] | – Why don’t you say that again? – Oh, there he is. | -你有种再说一遍 -这才是真面目 |
[35:52] | There’s the guy I’ve been waiting for, huh? | 这才是我一直在等待的真正的你 |
[35:55] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[35:58] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[36:01] | Hey, Bec. | 小贝 |
[36:04] | – You okay? – Yeah, no. I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
[36:06] | It was hot out there, | 之前外面特别热 |
[36:07] | and he just had a few too many. | 所以他喝了不少酒 |
[36:09] | I’m fine. You good? You okay? | 我很好 你好吗 你还好吗 |
[36:12] | – You, uh, you good? – Hey. | -你呢 你好吗 -好了 |
[36:14] | Why don’t we get you home? | 我还是带你回家吧 |
[36:16] | – Yeah, okay. – Yeah, I’ll take you home. | -好的 -好吧 我送你回家 |
[36:31] | Jesus, Nick. | 天哪 尼克 |
[36:35] | You scared the hell out of me. | 你真是吓死我了 |
[36:36] | Why can’t you just stay at your own place? | 你为什么不能乖乖待在自己的拖车里 |
[36:39] | You have fresh cold cuts. | 你这有新鲜的冷盘肉 |
[36:42] | Yeah. Well, okay. | 那倒是 好吧 |
[36:43] | Well, you know, help yourself. | 随意吃吧 不用客气 |
[36:45] | Of course. | 慢用 |
[36:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:52] | We should’ve taken that hike today. | 我们今天应该去远足的 |
[37:00] | – Night. – Good night, Uncle Nicky. | -晚安 -晚安 尼奇叔叔 |
[37:15] | Wait. | 等等 |
[37:50] | – Mr. Lawrence. – Randall, my man. | -劳伦斯老师 -兰德尔 你好啊 |
[37:57] | Mr. Lawrence, can I, uh, talk to you a sec? | 劳伦斯老师 我能跟你聊两句吗 |
[38:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[38:01] | Go on. I’ll be right in. | 去吧 我马上来 |
[38:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:05] | Thank you for taking a special interest in my son. | 谢谢你对我儿子这么费心照顾 |
[38:08] | He really looks up to you. | 他真的特别崇拜你 |
[38:11] | Still, he’s a… | 但是他… |
[38:13] | 12-year-old kid, | 还只是个十二岁的孩子 |
[38:15] | and if my son is asking complicated, heavy questions | 所以如果我儿子问了些关于如何在世上自处的 |
[38:18] | about his place in this world, | 沉重而复杂的问题 |
[38:20] | a simple heads-up to his parents couldn’t hurt. | 预先通知一下我们 并不会费您多少工夫 |
[38:23] | Don’t you think? | 您不这么觉得吗 |
[38:26] | – A heads-up. – Mm. | -预先通知 -是的 |
[38:28] | Okay. Anything else? | 好的 还有其他事吗 |
[38:31] | No. | 没了 |
[38:35] | Actually, would, uh… | 其实 如果可以的话… |
[38:39] | you and your wife | 你们夫妇二人 |
[38:40] | like to come to the house this weekend for dinner? | 是否愿意这周末来家里吃顿晚餐呢 |
[38:45] | We’d love to. | 我们很乐意 |
[38:47] | Great. Saturday at 7:00? | 太棒了 那这周六七点见 |
[38:57] | – Hey, nice job, Randall. – Thanks. | -打得好 兰德尔 -谢了 |
[38:59] | I’ll do better next time, I promise. | 我保证 我下次会打得更好 |
[39:06] | Randall, hold on a second. | 兰德尔 等一下 |
[39:07] | Stop. | 站住 |
[39:14] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:17] | All right? I will… | 真的 我以后会… |
[39:20] | listen better and lecture less. | 多倾听 少说教 |
[39:24] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[39:33] | You are gonna be a very important man, Randall. | 你会成为举足轻重的大人物 兰德尔 |
[39:39] | And a lot of important relationships | 而许多大人物的社交 |
[39:40] | happen on a golf course. | 是在高尔夫球场上完成的 |
[39:42] | Me, I… I hit a ceiling. | 我 我的上升碰到了房顶 |
[39:46] | But for you, | 但对你来说 |
[39:47] | there is only sky. | 你头上只有蓝天 |
[39:51] | So don’t get caught on the outside looking in. | 所以不要在门外畏首畏尾地向里面张望 |
[39:54] | Sometimes you’ll have to play up to the competition, | 有时候你必须全力以赴 |
[39:56] | sometimes you’ll have to play down to it. | 有时候你需要低调放水 |
[39:58] | But play the game. | 但是你需要参与 |
[40:25] | Like father, like son. | 真是有其父必有其子 |
[40:28] | What you want… | 你应该做的是… |
[40:30] | is to have a routine. | 建立固定的动作路径 |
[40:33] | First, you got to line your shot up. | 首先 你要瞄准你的目标 |
[40:39] | And then you line your feet up | 然后对准目标 双脚分开 |
[40:42] | to the target. | 调整站姿 |
[40:45] | – Okay? – Okay. | -明白了吗 -明白了 |
[41:04] | Good. | 非常好 |
[41:06] | Again. | 再来 |
[41:12] | Again. | 再来 |
[41:26] | Again. | 再来 |
[41:47] | This one is for you, pop. | 这一球是送给你的 老爸 |