时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Randall, I don’t look at you and see color. | 兰德尔 我看着你的时候 看到的不是肤色 |
[00:06] | Then you don’t see me, Dad. | 那你就没看到全部的我 爸爸 |
[00:07] | Mr. Lawrence. Would you and your wife | 劳伦斯老师 你们夫妇二人 |
[00:10] | like to come to the house this weekend for dinner? | 是否愿意这周末来家里吃顿晚餐呢 |
[00:13] | Mr. Pearson, I have a daughter. | 皮尔森先生 我有个女儿 |
[00:15] | Six months old. Got full custody, | 六个月大了 我是她的全权监护人 |
[00:17] | and my-my parents help out with her sometimes. | 我父母有的时候帮我照顾她 |
[00:20] | She is 14. She is not seeing a boy who puts babies in people. | 她才14岁 她不能和一个已经当爸爸的人交往 |
[00:23] | We are in lockstep. | 我们的想法是一样的 |
[00:27] | Deja, you are telling me | 黛佳 你是说 |
[00:28] | that you took a baseball bat to his Mercedes? | 你拿棒球棒砸了他的奔驰吗 |
[00:33] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[00:34] | I’m… | 我… |
[00:36] | I’m s-I’m sorry. I-I would’ve given you back. | 对不起 但如果是我 会把你送回去 |
[00:38] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[00:40] | I mean, I thought they would have, too. | 我也以为他们会把我送回去 |
[00:44] | What you doing after school? | 你放学之后有什么安排 |
[00:47] | Um, I got drill practice until 7:00. | 我要练习到7点 |
[00:50] | Why? | 怎么 |
[00:51] | Want to come with me to Max’s? | 你想不想跟我一起去马克斯那儿 |
[00:53] | Who’s Max? | 马克斯是谁 |
[00:54] | Are you for real right now? | 你说真的吗 |
[00:55] | You don’t know about Max’s Steaks? | 你居然不知道马克斯肉排三明治 |
[00:57] | Oh, my God. Y’all and these cheesesteaks. | 天哪 你们怎么这么喜欢肉排芝士三明治 |
[01:01] | I swear, it’s only bread and meat. | 我发誓 不就是面包和肉吗 |
[01:03] | Deja, how have you been living in Philly for this long | 黛佳 你在费城住了这么久 |
[01:06] | and you’ve never been to Max’s Steaks? | 怎么能从没去过马克斯肉排三明治呢 |
[01:08] | Well, Randall only takes us to touristy places. | 因为兰德尔只带我们去游客扎堆的地方 |
[01:12] | So, I’ve been to the Liberty Bell, | 我去过自由钟 |
[01:14] | I’ve been to the Rocky Statue | 我去过艺术雕像 |
[01:16] | and the Franklin Institute about three times already. | 还有富兰克林纪念馆 都去三次了 |
[01:20] | Come on. That’s not Philly. | 别闹 那些不是费城 |
[01:21] | I mean, it’s-it’s Philly, but not Philly Philly. | 也是费城 但并不是真正的费城 |
[01:27] | I told you I came here before, right? | 我跟你说过我来过这里吧 |
[01:30] | With my mom and my grandma, when I was, like, four or five? | 跟我妈和我姥姥 大概我四五岁的时候 |
[01:33] | Nah. Nah. Where’d you go? | 没说过 你当时去哪儿了 |
[01:36] | I think we were visiting my uncle. | 好像是去看我舅舅了 |
[01:43] | And all I remember was being in the car and-and… | 我只记得我坐在车里 然后… |
[01:46] | there were these Christmas lights, | 街上有很多圣诞灯 |
[01:48] | but it was warm out. That was weird. | 但是外面很暖和 我觉得很奇怪 |
[01:51] | Oh, and-and the water. | 还有水 |
[01:52] | The-the lights were reflecting off the water. | 水中有着灯光的倒影 |
[01:56] | That’s-that’s about it. | 差不多就这样 |
[01:59] | Dang, I hate that. | 哎 好讨厌啊 |
[02:00] | Hate what? | 怎么了 |
[02:02] | Not remembering things from when my grandma was alive. | 不记得我姥姥还活着时的事情就很烦 |
[02:09] | Hey, do you have any tests today? | 你今天有考试吗 |
[02:13] | What if we, uh, what if we skip school? | 要不 要不我们逃个学吧 |
[02:18] | I’m-I’m serious. I could show you my Philly. | 我说真的 我可以带你看看真正的费城 |
[02:21] | Uh, I-I don’t know. I mean, I want to… | 说不好 我挺想去的… |
[02:24] | Then go with that. | 那就跟着感觉走 |
[02:39] | You’re really not getting off? | 你真的不下车吗 |
[03:03] | Ladies, cancel your dinner plans. | 女士们 请取消晚餐安排 |
[03:06] | Councilman Gomez brought tamales to work, | 戈麦斯议员带了辣味肉饼来公司 |
[03:08] | and I may or may not have taken a few too many. | 而我好像带了很多回家 |
[03:12] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:14] | Principal Herbert called. | 赫伯特校长打来电话 |
[03:16] | Deja and Malik skipped school today. | 黛佳和马利克今天没去上学 |
[03:19] | What? | 什么 |
[03:21] | You’re not even supposed to be seeing that boy. | 你根本不该见那个男生 |
[03:23] | He goes to my school. You want to ban me from school, too? | 我们上同一所学校 你们要禁止我上学吗 |
[03:25] | – Excuse me? – Did she just… | -你说什么 -她刚刚是… |
[03:27] | She did. Well, go to your room. | 是的 你回房间去吧 |
[03:32] | Now. | 回去 |
[03:37] | And you’re grounded for… | 我们要把你禁足… |
[03:39] | – A decade. – A decade. | -十年 -十年 |
[03:41] | I hope your day was worth it. | 希望你这一天过得值得 |
[03:54] | Philly! | 费城 |
[04:09] | You sure are getting dressed up for this dinner. | 为了这顿晚餐 你真是精心打扮 |
[04:11] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen you | 我似乎从来没见过你 |
[04:12] | wear a sports coat on the weekend. | 在周末穿西装夹克 |
[04:14] | What are you talking about? I always wear a sports coat. | 你说什么呢 我一直都穿啊 |
[04:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:22] | Rebecca Pearson, I’ve known you for 19 years. | 丽贝卡·皮尔森 我认识你19年了 |
[04:24] | Your “Okay” is never just “Okay.” | 你的”好吧”从来不”好” |
[04:27] | I just think it’s interesting that Kevin’s asked us to invite | 我只是觉得凯文好多次让我们邀请 |
[04:30] | Ms. Applebaum over for dinner for ages | 艾博鹏女士来家里吃晚餐 |
[04:32] | and we’ve always said no. | 我们一直都拒绝 |
[04:33] | But then, out of the blue, you decide | 可是突然之间 |
[04:35] | to invite Randall’s teacher over for dinner? | 你就决定请兰德尔的老师来吃晚餐吗 |
[04:37] | First of all, Ms. Applebaum– | 首先 艾博鹏女士 |
[04:39] | she’s not a teacher, all right? She is the school nurse. | 她不是老师 好吗 她是校医院护士 |
[04:42] | And the only reason Kevin wants her over here | 而凯文想请她过来的原因 |
[04:44] | is because he has a crush. | 是他对人家有好感 |
[04:46] | I mean, Randall talks | 而兰德尔 |
[04:47] | about Mr. Lawrence constantly. | 开口闭口都是劳伦斯老师 |
[04:50] | – You’re not the least bit curious about him? – Sure. | -难道你对他没有一点好奇吗 -当然有 |
[04:52] | But I can also wait for parent/teacher conferences in a month. | 但我也能等到一个月后的家长会 |
[04:55] | – Bec. – Okay. | -小贝 -好吧 |
[04:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:04] | Hey, babe, help me out. | 宝贝 帮我一下 |
[05:06] | In the Mecca by Gwendolyn Brooks | 我该选关朵琳·布鲁克丝的《在麦加》 |
[05:09] | or The Weary Blues by the one and only Mr. Langston Hughes? | 还是独一无二的朗斯顿·休斯的《萎靡的布鲁斯》 |
[05:12] | You’ve read both of those. | 两本书你都读过了 |
[05:14] | – Help me with this, please? – Yeah. | -帮我一下 好吗 -好 |
[05:21] | You smell good. | 你真好闻 |
[05:25] | Book’s not for me, though. | 但书不是给我自己选的 |
[05:26] | – No? – It’s for Randall. | -不是吗 -是送给兰德尔的 |
[05:28] | I did a poetry series in class. | 我的课上有专讲诗歌的环节 |
[05:30] | He really seemed to dig it. | 他看起来真的很有兴趣 |
[05:33] | You a troublemaker, Korey. | 你真爱自找麻烦 科里 |
[05:35] | Or should I say, Korey X? | 还是我应该叫你 科里·X |
[05:36] | Wait, what? Me? | 等一下 什么 我吗 |
[05:39] | Oh, don’t go acting all innocent. | 别装得很无辜 |
[05:41] | Y-You’re talking about black consciousness poets | 一小时后 我们要跟你唯一的黑人学生 |
[05:42] | an hour before we go to have dinner | 以及他的白人父母共进晚餐 |
[05:44] | with your only black student and his white parents. | 而你一直在说黑人意识流诗人 |
[05:48] | You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to crack this case. | 我不是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 但我也能破案 |
[05:50] | Look, Mr. Pearson asked me to dinner. | 皮尔森先生请我去吃晚餐 |
[05:53] | I didn’t invite myself. | 我不是不请自来 |
[05:54] | You could’ve just said, “Sorry, can’t.” | 你本来也可以说 “抱歉 我去不了” |
[05:56] | “I’m taking my incredibly sexy wife | “我要带我性感无比的老婆 |
[05:58] | to see Sister Act for the third time.” | 去看第三遍《修女也疯狂》” |
[06:00] | Trish, it’s just dinner, okay? | 翠西 不过是吃顿晚餐 好吗 |
[06:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:07] | So, when you talked to Malik’s mom yesterday… | 你昨天跟马利克的妈妈聊天时… |
[06:09] | Uh, V-neck or crew? | 我穿V领还是圆领 |
[06:11] | Uh, feels like a V-neck kind of night. | 感觉今晚更适合V领 |
[06:14] | Well, what was her vibe? | 她是什么样的人 |
[06:15] | You get a sense of what kind of people they are? | 你能感觉到他们是什么样的人吗 |
[06:17] | Rastafarian vegans who love outdoor sports. | 喜欢户外运动的拉斯特法里教信徒兼素食者 |
[06:20] | – Really? – Nope. | -真的吗 -不是 |
[06:22] | ‘Cause I just invited them to for dinner. | 因为我刚邀请他们来吃晚餐了 |
[06:23] | So we don’t even know if they’re on board with our plan? | 我们连他们是否赞同我们的计划都不知道吗 |
[06:27] | What plan? | 什么计划 |
[06:28] | Come on, Beth. There’s a boat. | 拜托 贝丝 你就当有条船 |
[06:30] | You and I are in the boat. | 你跟我在同一条船上 |
[06:33] | The plan is to get Malik’s parents to join us in said boat. | 我们的计划就是让马利克的父母也登上那条船 |
[06:36] | Destination: Splitsville Dejik. | 目的地是分开黛克 |
[06:39] | It’s Deja and Malik– Dejik. | 黛佳和马利克这一对 简称黛克 |
[06:41] | Oh, please don’t give them a ship name. | 拜托别给他俩把船名都起出来 |
[06:42] | – Maleja. – Listen, | -马利佳 -你听我说 |
[06:43] | this is not a recruitment dinner, okay? | 这顿晚餐不是用来招募船友的 好吗 |
[06:45] | This is for us to get to know Malik’s parents better. | 是为了让我们更好地了解马利克的父母 |
[06:48] | Feel them out, see if they’re good people. | 感受一下 看看他们是不是好人 |
[06:49] | Maybe we won’t even have to keep the kids apart. | 或许我们都不必分开两个孩子 |
[06:51] | He’s too mature for her and he got her to skip school. | 他对她来说太成熟了 他都带她逃学了 |
[06:54] | – Deja lied to us. – I know. | -黛佳对我们撒谎了 -我知道 |
[06:56] | But keeping the kids apart didn’t work out too well | 但强行拆散两个孩子这种方法 |
[06:58] | for Romeo and Juliet’s parents, so… | 在罗密欧和朱丽叶的父母那就没奏效 所以 |
[07:02] | Hey. Look at my feet. | 看看我的脚 |
[07:04] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[07:05] | A couple hundred dollars on the Amex. | 你又刷掉几百块 |
[07:08] | Open toe shoes for an open mind. | 穿着露趾鞋 思想也得开明 |
[07:12] | See, the only way we’re gonna get through this | 我们解决这件事唯一的方法就是 |
[07:14] | is to have an open mind. | 思想要开明 |
[07:16] | And red wine. | 还得上红酒 |
[07:17] | Lots of red wine. | 很多红酒 |
[07:19] | I’m gonna go check on the food. | 我要去检查一下食物 |
[07:28] | If she just opened a dance studio | 如果她只顾开舞蹈工作室 |
[07:29] | and he’s working all kinds of hours, | 他工作时间不固定 |
[07:30] | who’s watching those kids? | 谁管那些孩子 |
[07:31] | They probably have hired help. | 他们可能请人帮忙 |
[07:33] | – Do they? – I don’t know. | -是吗 -我不知道 |
[07:36] | They do pretty well for themselves, though. | 不过他们确实过得不错 |
[07:39] | You know Randall’s brother was the Manny? | 你知道兰德尔的哥哥演过靓男保姆吗 |
[07:42] | His brother is Morris Chestnut? | 他哥哥是摩里斯·切斯塔特 |
[07:45] | No, the-the white Manny. | 不是 是那个白人男保姆 |
[07:47] | His brother is white? | 他哥哥是白人 |
[07:49] | Why aren’t you more upset that your son is out here | 你应该对你儿子逃学 |
[07:50] | skipping school and gallivanting with his little fast girlfriend? | 跟那个轻浮的女友闲逛感到生气才对吧 |
[07:53] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[07:55] | Deja’s not like that. | 黛佳不是那样的人 |
[07:58] | Okay? It was-it was my idea. | 好吗 是我的主意 |
[08:01] | After everything, you still have the nerve | 都这样了 你还有工夫 |
[08:02] | to have these dumb ideas? | 关心这些愚蠢的事情 |
[08:04] | Kel, the boy’s only missed one day of school in three years. | 凯尔 孩子在三年里只逃了一天学 |
[08:07] | It ain’t the end of the world. | 又不是世界末日 |
[08:23] | 马利克 还有5分钟到 | |
[08:40] | I can’t believe we’re doing this. | 不敢相信要跟他们吃饭了 |
[08:41] | – Well, thanks to you, we are. – Food’s almost ready. | -多亏了你 真的要吃了 -晚饭快好了 |
[08:44] | Why don’t you go upstairs and get your sisters? | 你上楼去把你妹妹们叫下来吧 |
[08:49] | Look, I know you’re mad at me, | 听我知道你生我的气 |
[08:50] | but can you please not take it out on Malik? | 但能请你不要对马利克撒气吗 |
[08:53] | I’m not mad at you, I’m disappointed. | 我没生你的气 我是失望 |
[08:55] | All right. Can we not do this now? | 好吧 我们现在能别这样吗 |
[09:01] | Uhp. They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[09:05] | Hey. Open minds. | 思想要开明 |
[09:14] | – Hello. -Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[09:16] | – Welcome to our home. Come on. – Thanks. | -欢迎来我们家 快进来 -多谢 |
[09:19] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[09:21] | Hey, kids, everyone. | 孩子们 |
[09:22] | Hey, Mr. Lawrence. | 劳伦斯先生 |
[09:23] | Hey. Randall, my man. | 兰德尔 |
[09:28] | This is Mrs. Lawrence. | 这位是劳伦斯太太 |
[09:29] | – Hi, nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到您 -很高兴见到你 |
[09:32] | – Hey. Glad you guys could… – Shh. | -很高兴你们能… -别说话 |
[09:34] | Baby’s sleeping. | 小宝宝在睡觉 |
[09:51] | First stop on our Philly tour: | 我们费城观光的第一站 |
[09:53] | Max’s Steaks. | 马克斯肉排三明治 |
[09:54] | All right. Let’s go. | 好 我们走吧 |
[09:59] | Yo, yo. What’s up? | 大家好 |
[10:00] | What up? What’s up, man? | 你好 最近好吗 |
[10:02] | – Hey, what’s up, Leek? – What’s up? | -你好 利克 -你好 |
[10:03] | – What up, Jamar? – Ain’t nothing. | -最近好吗 杰莫尔 -老样子 |
[10:05] | – Uh, this is my friend Deja. – What’s up? | -这是我的朋友黛佳 -你好 |
[10:07] | – Let me get two Virgils. – Two Virgils. | -要两份维吉尔经典 -两份维吉尔 |
[10:08] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:09] | Deja, everything on this menu is fire, but that Virgil– | 黛佳 他们家什么都超棒 但维吉尔经典 |
[10:12] | that’s hands down the best cheesesteak in all of Philly. | 绝对是全费城最好吃的芝士肉排三明治 |
[10:15] | Aw, he just putting sauce on it ’cause Chuck the owner | 有点夸张了 因为老板查克 |
[10:17] | named it after his grandpa. | 用他祖父的名字给三明治命了名 |
[10:19] | Yo, let me go put those orders in for y’all. | 稍等我去给你们下单 |
[10:21] | Your granddad has a cheesesteak named after him? | 你祖父有用自己名字命名的芝士肉排三明治吗 |
[10:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:25] | Yeah, uh, him and Mr. Chuck were real cool. | 对 他和查克先生的关系很铁 |
[10:28] | God. You’re lucky. | 天呐 你真幸运 |
[10:30] | Why? | 怎么讲 |
[10:32] | You got all these connections. | 你有这么多熟人 |
[10:34] | We literally walked up in here and everybody said hi. | 我们一走进来 所有人都在跟你打招呼 |
[10:37] | That’s so dope. | 真是太酷了 |
[10:40] | I’ve moved around so much. | 我常常搬家 |
[10:42] | I was never anywhere long enough to be a regular. | 从没在任何一个地方待足够久 成为常客 |
[10:48] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[10:50] | – Just come on. – Hey. Hey, where y’all going? | -快来 -你们去哪 |
[10:51] | – I’m about to be done with your food. – Hold on a second. | -你们的食物就快做好了 -稍等一下 |
[10:57] | Yo, yo, yo, everybody. Everybody. | 各位 各位注意 |
[11:01] | Um, this is my friend Deja. | 这是我的朋友黛佳 |
[11:02] | She’s never been to Max’s before, but it’s not her fault. | 她以前从没来过马克斯 但这不是她的错 |
[11:05] | Y’all please say hi to her? | 能麻烦大家跟她打个招呼吗 |
[11:07] | – Hey, Deja. – How you doing? | -你好黛佳 -你好吗 |
[11:09] | Now you’re a regular. | 现在你是常客了 |
[11:18] | – Hey, Mr. Pearson. – Malik. | -皮尔森先生 你好 -马利克 |
[11:21] | Kelly, Darnell. It’s nice to meet you guys. | 凯莉 达内尔 很高兴见到你们 |
[11:23] | These are our girls, Tess and Annie. | 她们是我们的女儿 苔丝和安妮 |
[11:25] | And you know Deja. | 你们应该认识黛佳 |
[11:27] | Actually, I don’t. | 其实还没见过 |
[11:30] | You’re a beautiful young lady. | 你是个漂亮的姑娘 |
[11:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:33] | It’s crazy that you have a baby. | 真可怕 你都有孩子了 |
[11:39] | So, dinner isn’t quite ready yet, | 晚饭还没做好 |
[11:41] | but we do have wine, lots of wine. | 但我们有葡萄酒 很多很多 |
[11:43] | Anybody care for some wine? | 有人想喝酒吗 |
[11:44] | – No, thank you. – I don’t drink. | -不了谢谢 -我不喝酒 |
[11:46] | All right. Um, Kelly, why don’t you and I | 好的 凯莉 我们去把派 |
[11:48] | put the pie in the kitchen, all right? | 放到厨房里 好吗 |
[11:50] | Yep. | 好 |
[11:50] | Ladies, why don’t you help Malik get Janell situated. | 姑娘们 你们去帮马利克安顿一下珍妮尔吧 |
[11:53] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[11:58] | Dinner on a weeknight must be a pain. | 工作日晚请你们来吃饭多有不便 |
[12:00] | Sorry about that. Just thought it was important | 对此我很抱歉 我只是感觉我们 |
[12:02] | that we get together and talk through | 有必要见一面 讨论一下 |
[12:03] | what to do about the kids sneaking around. | 如何应对两个孩子偷偷逃学的事 |
[12:04] | Nah, it’s cool. | 没事 没关系 |
[12:05] | Plus, it gave me an excuse to come down here. | 况且这正好给了我来这里的理由 |
[12:07] | I used to trick or treat in this neighborhood | 马利克小时候 我常带他在这片街区 |
[12:09] | when Malik was a baby. | 玩”不给糖就捣蛋” |
[12:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:12] | I always wondered | 我一直好奇 |
[12:13] | what the inside of these houses looked like. | 这些房子里面是什么样的 |
[12:15] | – You must have broke the bank on this one. – No. | -你买这房子一定花了一大笔钱 -没有 |
[12:18] | Or not. | 或者说 不算多 |
[12:20] | Good for you, Councilman. | 了不起 议员先生 |
[12:21] | Oh, no, it’s just Randall. | 别这样 叫我兰德尔 |
[12:23] | You know, Randall is fine. | 叫我兰德尔就好 |
[12:28] | I think Darnell just implied that we’re bougie. | 感觉达内尔在暗示我们家很小资 |
[12:32] | – We are kind of bougie. – Yeah, okay. | -我们确实算是挺小资的 -好吧 |
[12:33] | But I don’t want him to think that. | 但我不想给他留下那种印象 |
[12:34] | Open-toed shoes, open minds. | 解放脚趾 解放思想 |
[12:36] | I’m not sure how I feel about your mantra. | 感觉你这句咒语怪怪的 |
[12:39] | How about a tour? | 我带你们转一圈怎么样 |
[12:44] | Well, this is my room. | 这是我的房间 |
[12:47] | Ignore that side of the room. | 忽略房间的那一头 |
[12:48] | That’s my brother. He’s a bit of a slob. | 我哥住那边 他是个邋遢鬼 |
[12:51] | Some of the brightest people are. | 某些很聪明的人也不整洁 |
[12:53] | I don’t think that theory applies here. | 可这对他并不适用 |
[12:54] | – Uh, Randall. – Sorry. | -兰德尔 -抱歉 |
[12:57] | So this must be where the books in the house live. | 所以 这里一定是这幢房子的藏书室 |
[12:59] | Yeah. The library sponsored | 对 图书馆赞助了一场 |
[13:01] | a summer read-a-thon, and I got so many new books, | 暑期阅读马拉松 我得到了很多新书 |
[13:03] | my dad had to buy this for me. | 我爸就给我买了这个 |
[13:05] | Build. | 是搭的 |
[13:06] | I didn’t buy that, I-I built that. | 不是我买的 是我搭的 |
[13:09] | It’s real oak. | 是橡木实木的 |
[13:11] | I was-I was thinking about maple, | 我本来考虑用枫木 |
[13:13] | but it’s less porous. | 但它的渗透性不够 |
[13:16] | Makes a huge, huge difference. | 会有很大 很大的不同 |
[13:17] | Really, you-you could have used birch, uh, pine… | 真的 其实也可以用桦木 松木… |
[13:20] | Hey, Jack, you can stop naming types of wood. | 杰克 不用再说木材了 |
[13:23] | Yeah. | 说得是 |
[13:25] | It looks sturdy. | 看着挺结实的 |
[13:27] | – Thanks. – Hey, can we eat already? | -谢谢 -可以吃饭了吗 |
[13:29] | – I’m hungry. – Yeah, we’re gonna. | -我饿了 -好 马上就吃 |
[13:31] | And stop fussing with your clothes. | 别再纠结你的衣服了 |
[13:34] | I see what you did there, Randall. | 我看出你的用心了 兰德尔 |
[13:36] | I knew you’d notice. | 我知道您会注意的 |
[13:38] | Mm, but you made one little mistake. | 但你犯了个小错误 |
[13:43] | 凯塞琳·帕特森 《仙境之桥》 | |
[13:44] | ’76. | 76年 |
[13:45] | Bridge to Terabithia… ’77. | 《仙境之桥》 是77年的 |
[13:48] | I’m sorry, am I missing something? | 不好意思 我是遗漏了什么信息吗 |
[13:51] | I organize the books in my class by year of publication. | 我在教室是按照出版年份整理书籍 |
[13:54] | But I should have trademarked my process. | 我应该给我的这种方法注册个专利 |
[13:55] | Seems we have a copycat over here. | 因为有人似乎在模仿我 |
[13:59] | Holy crap, he’s like a grown-up Randall. | 我的妈呀 他简直是成年版兰德尔 |
[14:01] | – Kevin. – Kev. | -凯文 -小凯 |
[14:03] | What? You don’t see it? | 怎么了 你们没看出来吗 |
[14:05] | – Excuse us a second. – Um… should we eat? | -失陪一下 -我们吃饭吧 |
[14:08] | – Definitely. – Yeah? | -好啊 -好吗 |
[14:09] | – Yeah. – Dinner’s ready, so we can, um, | -好的 -晚饭好了 我们可以… |
[14:11] | – trudge back downstairs. – Great. | -到楼下去了 -好的 |
[14:25] | Her face is a whole mood. | 她满脸都是戏 |
[14:30] | We got murals like this all over the city. | 这座城市到处都有这样的壁画 |
[14:33] | Kind of hard to believe people | 很难相信大家 |
[14:34] | used to call Philly Killadelphia. | 曾经把费城称作死亡费城 |
[14:37] | It’s beautiful. | 这里很美 |
[14:47] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:51] | well, I was-I was about to say something real cheesy, | 我刚想说一些很俗气的话 |
[14:53] | like… “No, you’re beautiful.” | 比如 “不 你才是最美的” |
[14:58] | Does that actually work on other girls? | 这招对别的女生有用吗 |
[15:03] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:06] | Never really tried it before. | 之前都没试过 |
[15:18] | This is it, | 就是这里 |
[15:20] | the magic garden. | 魔法花园 |
[15:23] | Crazy, right? | 很不可思议 对吧 |
[15:58] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[16:01] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m good. | 嗯 我没事 |
[16:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:09] | It’s good, right? | 很好吃 对吧 |
[16:12] | – It’s, like, real good. – It’s good. | -真的是很好吃 -好吃 |
[16:14] | Let the tour commence. | 旅途继续 |
[16:16] | Commence the tour! | 继续我们的旅途 |
[16:20] | What is this place? | 这是哪里 |
[16:22] | I used to stay near here with my grandparents | 我还是小孩子的时候 |
[16:24] | when I was a kid. | 我和外婆住在这附近 |
[16:25] | This is, um… | 这里… |
[16:28] | just kind of like my backyard. | 有点像是我的后花园 |
[16:32] | You know, I take Janell here sometimes. | 我有时候带詹妮尔过来 |
[16:35] | This might be my favorite spot in the city, actually. | 这里估计是我在这座城市最喜欢的地方了 |
[16:39] | Nah, actually… | 不 其实 |
[16:42] | this… is my favorite spot. | 这一小片 是我最喜欢的地方 |
[16:47] | We could share it if you want. | 如果你愿意 我可以把这里跟你分享 |
[16:51] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:38] | I… I ca-I can’t… I don’t want to be here anymore. | 我… 我不能… 我不想待在这里了 |
[17:42] | Oh, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have… | 不好意思 我不应该… |
[17:44] | I’m going now. | 我要走了 |
[17:46] | That was my… | 是我… |
[18:05] | I think the food is done. | 我觉得食物已经好了 |
[18:06] | Oh, shoot. Shoot. | 糟糕 糟糕 |
[18:12] | Let me give you a hand. | 我来帮你 |
[18:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:27] | We want it baked, not burnt. | 我们想烤熟而不是烤糊 |
[18:29] | That’s all right, I kind of like my chicken cremated. | 没事 给小鸡来个火葬也不错 |
[18:36] | I, uh, I spoke with the kids’ principal. | 我和孩子们的校长谈过了 |
[18:39] | They’re only getting one day’s detention. | 他们只会受到一天留校的惩罚 |
[18:42] | The punishment could have been much worse. | 本来可能会更严厉的 |
[18:44] | It was my boy’s doing. | 是我儿子的错 |
[18:46] | Guess he thought playing hooky was smooth or something. | 他估计觉得逃学会很容易 |
[18:48] | The kid’s a damn romantic. | 这孩子太浪漫了 |
[18:50] | He gets it from me, God help him. | 他这是遗传我 真是上帝保佑 |
[18:53] | But he said he’s sorry, and it won’t happen again. | 但他道歉了 这事不会再发生了 |
[18:56] | And when he says something won’t happen again, it won’t. | 而且只要他说不会再发生 那就不会再发生 |
[19:05] | When he says someone’s special, she is. | 如果他说某个人很特别 那她就是很特别 |
[19:12] | One day you’re their biggest idol, | 你曾经是他们最大的偶像 |
[19:15] | next day, someone else comes along | 但有一天出现了一个人 |
[19:17] | and becomes their whole world. | 那个人就成了他们的整个世界 |
[19:23] | It’s terrifying. | 太可怕了 |
[19:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:29] | It’s nice, because the girls get their own rooms. | 挺好的 因为姑娘们有自己的房间 |
[19:32] | When we have guests, they double up. | 有客人来的时候 她们挤在一起睡 |
[19:36] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你个事吗 |
[19:38] | How long have you had Deja? | 你收养黛佳多久了 |
[19:41] | She’s lived with us for about two years. | 她和我们一起生活大约两年了 |
[19:44] | But we officially adopted her about a year ago. | 但我们一年前左右正式收养了她 |
[19:49] | Must be hard raising someone else’s child. | 养别人的孩子肯定很难 |
[19:53] | No, because she’s our daughter. | 不 因为她是我们的女儿 |
[19:55] | Of course. Of course. | 当然了 当然了 |
[19:58] | I just meant… | 我想说的是 |
[20:01] | She had a whole life before she came into your family. | 她在来你家之前有自己的生活 |
[20:04] | Malik said her mother was a drug addict, | 马利克说她的妈妈是瘾君子 |
[20:06] | she lived in a car. | 她们住在车里 |
[20:09] | That’s a lot of baggage. | 她的过去太复杂了 |
[20:12] | Yeah, she’s been through a lot. | 是的 她经历过很多 |
[20:16] | But, uh, so have you, right? | 但你也是 对吧 |
[20:18] | I mean, having to raise your child’s child and all. | 毕竟还要抚养你孩子的小孩 |
[20:22] | Dinner’s ready. | 晚饭好了 |
[20:34] | – Randall? – Yes. | -兰德尔 -怎么了 |
[20:35] | Can I get your help with the chips and the dip in the pantry? | 你能帮我一起拿食品间的薯条和蘸酱吗 |
[20:39] | We’re not having chips and dip… | 我们又不准备吃薯条蘸酱… |
[20:47] | You hide wine in the pantry? | 你把酒藏在食品间了 |
[20:49] | I got three kids, okay? Give me a break. | 我有三个孩子 好吗 让我歇口气 |
[20:51] | Randall? | 兰德尔 |
[20:53] | This woman’s about to make me come out my spirit. | 这女的要把我逼得暴走了 |
[20:55] | For real? ‘Cause Darnell seems like a nice guy. | 真的吗 因为达内尔人还不错 |
[20:58] | Oh. I thought we were all about getting people in boats | 什么 你之前不是说要说服他们上船 |
[21:00] | and going to Dejik Splitsville. | 再让”黛克”这对分手 |
[21:02] | I still am, I was just trying to be | 这个没变 我只是想 |
[21:03] | all open-toed shoes and open mind. | 保持开明的心态 |
[21:05] | I was wrong, okay? | 我错了 好吗 |
[21:07] | I don’t want them in our boat. | 我不想让他们上船 |
[21:09] | Kelly is trying to pin this whole thing on our girl? | 凯莉居然想把这事都推到我们女儿头上 |
[21:12] | This dinner is about to get awkward as hell. | 我告诉你 这顿晚餐绝对会尴尬死 |
[21:14] | It doesn’t have to be… Okay. | 也不用非得这样… 好吧 |
[21:23] | It’s going really good. You know, | 其实非常好 |
[21:24] | Mrs. Weber actually let us pick out the ones we want | 韦伯老师会让我们自己选 |
[21:26] | to study for science class. | 想在科学课上学的东西 |
[21:28] | Hm. Theropods or sauropods? | 兽脚亚目还是蜥脚类亚目 |
[21:30] | Theropods, duh. | 当然兽脚亚目 |
[21:32] | – This is the most boring dinner in history. – Kevin. | -这真是史上最无聊的晚餐了 -凯文 |
[21:35] | Don’t be rude. | 不能这么没礼貌 |
[21:37] | What? Ms. Applebaum wouldn’t be talking | 怎么了 艾博鹏女士 |
[21:39] | about dinosaurs at dinner. She’s way too cool for that. | 肯定不会在晚餐时讨论恐龙 她可酷多了 |
[21:42] | You’re so obsessed with her. | 你真是迷上她了 |
[21:44] | She’s got big boobs. | 因为她的胸很大 |
[21:45] | – Hey, Kevin. – Excuse me. | -凯文 -不好意思 |
[21:47] | – Sorry. – No. | -抱歉 -不用 |
[21:49] | It’s my fault. ‘Cause when Randall and I start talking | 我的错 我和兰德尔一聊起 |
[21:52] | prehistoric reptiles… | 史前爬行动物 |
[21:54] | It gets really crazy. | 场面就会很疯狂 |
[21:55] | …it’s hard for us stop. | 我们很难停下 |
[21:58] | Didn’t know you taught dinosaurs. | 没想到你还教恐龙呢 |
[22:06] | Trish. | 翠西 |
[22:07] | I have to tell you, | 我得承认 |
[22:08] | I’ve been admiring your earrings all night. | 我盯着你的耳环看了一整晚了 真好看 |
[22:10] | – Where did you get those? – Thanks, Rebecca. | -你在哪买的 -谢谢 丽贝卡 |
[22:12] | I-I actually got them from Taste of Afro-soul. | 我是在非洲灵魂味道上买的 |
[22:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[22:17] | It’s-it’s a cultural festival. | 是个文化节 |
[22:20] | Yeah, a bunch of black artists, they get together, | 是的 有很多黑人艺术家聚在一起 |
[22:22] | – and there’s-there’s food, there’s music, – Yeah. | -有吃的 音乐 -是的 |
[22:25] | there’s art, jewelry, there’s some poetry. | 有艺术 珠宝 还有诗 |
[22:27] | Like the ones you’re teaching us in class? | 像你在课上教我们的那些吗 |
[22:29] | Uh-huh, some, yeah. | 有些是的 |
[22:32] | Is it new– the, um, the festival? | 这个文化节 是新举办的吗 |
[22:37] | Yeah. Yeah, | 是 是的 |
[22:39] | I think it’s been around for a few years now. | 现在举办了有几年了吧 |
[22:42] | They hold it once a month. | 一个月举办一次 |
[22:48] | Hey, if you don’t mind, Mr. Lawrence, can I come | 如果可以的话 劳伦斯老师 |
[22:50] | with you and Mrs. Lawrence next time you guys go? | 你们下次去的时候 能不能带上我 |
[22:52] | Randall, I don’t think that you should impose on them. | 兰德尔 你不能提出这样不合适的请求 |
[22:54] | That’s not fair to just ask. | 这样直接问不好 |
[22:55] | No, no, that would not be an imposition at all. | 不 不 没什么不合适的 |
[22:57] | – Korey. – What? | -科里 -怎么了 |
[23:02] | Hey, you know, bud, we’ll, uh, go together as a family. | 儿子 我们可以一家人一起去 |
[23:06] | That way, when Mr. Lawrence, when he has a family, | 等劳伦斯老师组建了自己的小家庭 |
[23:08] | he can take them to that. | 他也可以带着他们去 |
[23:16] | Absolutely. | 是 |
[23:18] | You know, I-I actually think it’ll be good | 确实 其实我也觉得 |
[23:21] | for you to all go together. | 你们一起去是很好的 |
[23:24] | Oh, we will. | 我们会的 |
[23:25] | – Good. – Good. | -好 -好 |
[23:28] | This is way better than dinosaurs. | 这可比恐龙有意思多了 |
[23:35] | Deja. Hey, hey, hey, hey. Deja, Deja. | 黛佳 等等 等等 黛佳 黛佳 |
[23:38] | Deja, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 黛佳 等一下 等等 等等 |
[23:40] | Look, I-I-I’m sorry, okay? I wasn’t trying to do anything. | 我很抱歉 好吗 我不是想干什么 |
[23:43] | – I know, I know. – Then what’s wrong? | -我知道 -那是怎么了 |
[23:46] | Look… | 我觉得… |
[23:47] | Malik, I’ve never liked anybody before. | 马利克 我以前从没喜欢过谁 |
[23:53] | You give me butterflies. | 你让我小鹿乱撞 |
[23:56] | And… | 还有… |
[23:58] | the way you look at me, I mean, | 你看我的眼神 |
[24:01] | I never thought anybody could look at me like that. | 我觉得没人会那样看我 |
[24:05] | And the crazy things you say to me, I mean, | 还有你跟我说的那些话 |
[24:07] | are they for real? | 是真心的吗 |
[24:09] | I mean, | 因为 |
[24:11] | the men that my mom dated lied to her. | 我妈之前的男人骗了她 |
[24:15] | I only know one man who doesn’t lie, | 不撒谎的男人 我只认识一个 |
[24:18] | and now… | 现在… |
[24:21] | maybe I know two. | 也许我认识两个了 |
[24:24] | But you’ve done this before. | 但你以前经历过这些 |
[24:27] | You’ve had girlfriends. | 你有过女朋友 |
[24:28] | You have a baby. | 你还有个孩子 |
[24:34] | I don’t know if I can trust you. | 我不知道我能不能信任你 |
[24:37] | I-I don’t know if every time you tell me I’m beautiful, | 我不知道你每次夸我漂亮的时候 |
[24:41] | you just running game. I don’t know. | 是不是在套路我 我真的不知道 |
[24:45] | All I know is I got plans for my life. | 我只知道我对人生是有规划的 |
[24:49] | Real plans, and this is all too scary. | 我有大规划 而这一切都太可怕了 |
[24:52] | I never should’ve skipped school. | 我就不应该逃课 |
[24:54] | Just please take me back. | 麻烦你带我回去 |
[25:02] | We’ll, uh, we’ll be right back with dessert. | 我们去拿甜点 |
[25:05] | Hey, Bec, do you want to get the pie | 小贝 你拿派 |
[25:07] | and I’ll get the ice cream and the bowls? | 我拿冰激凌和碗怎么样 |
[25:12] | What is going on with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[25:14] | What? | 什么 |
[25:17] | – Jack. – What? | -杰克 -怎么了 |
[25:20] | If you’re competing with Korey for your son, | 如果你想和科里争你儿子 |
[25:24] | you’re gonna win. | 你会赢的 |
[25:26] | I mean, that man in there, he could be, uh, Albert Einstein | 哪怕是和阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦竞争 |
[25:30] | and you would still win. | 你还是能赢 |
[25:33] | ‘Cause our son is always gonna choose you. | 因为我们儿子一定会选择你 |
[25:35] | Always. | 永远都是 |
[25:38] | But if you do that– | 但如果你这么做 |
[25:39] | if you make him choose– | 如果你坚持让他选一个 |
[25:42] | then Randall’s gonna miss out on something really special. | 那兰德尔就会错过一些很难得的经历 |
[25:45] | Something… | 一些 |
[25:46] | something he really needs. | 他真正需要的东西 |
[25:50] | And then where would that leave him? | 那个时候他会变成什么样呢 |
[25:58] | Who’s up for some pie? | 有人想吃点派吗 |
[26:09] | I’m sorry, would you mind | 不好意思 你介意我们 |
[26:10] | if we said a quick grace? | 做个简短的饭前祷告吗 |
[26:13] | – Mom, is that really necessary? – No, it’s fine. | -妈 有这必要吗 -没事 可以的 |
[26:15] | We usually say grace ourselves. | 我们家也经常做祷告 |
[26:17] | We never say grace. | 我们从来就没做过祷告 |
[26:18] | We haven’t even been to church since your campaign. | 而且从你开始竞选后我们连教堂都没去了 |
[26:22] | No, that’s only ’cause, you know, | 不 那是因为 你们了解的 |
[26:23] | Sundays can be, uh… | 周日经常都是… |
[26:26] | Different families have different traditions. | 不同家庭有不同的习惯 |
[26:28] | Some people say grace and go to church, | 有的人习惯做祷告和去教堂 |
[26:30] | and some people know that God knows what’s in their hearts. | 而有的人则相信上帝能明白他们的心意 |
[26:33] | All right. Uh, Kelly, | 好吧 凯莉 |
[26:35] | you want to do the honors? | 你来说祷告词吧 |
[26:39] | Heavenly Father, we thank you for this food. | 天父 我们感恩您赐予的食物 |
[26:42] | May it nourish our bodies. | 愿它滋养我们的身躯 |
[26:44] | And, Lord, though we may not all | 上帝 虽然我们并非所有人都 |
[26:46] | worship you consistently, | 对您常怀崇敬 |
[26:48] | we thank you for blessing us anyway. | 但无论如何我们都感谢您的护佑 |
[26:50] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[26:51] | Amen. Amen. | 阿门 阿门 |
[26:54] | Thank you for that, um… Let’s-let’s dig in. | 非常感谢… 我们开吃吧 |
[26:59] | Can you pass the chicken, please? | 能帮忙把鸡肉递给我吗 |
[27:02] | So, Darnell, how’s business? | 达内尔 你的生意怎么样呢 |
[27:04] | Got a body shop, right? | 你开了一家修车店 对吧 |
[27:05] | Yeah, yeah, we do repairs and custom work. | 对 主要是修理车子 也做些配件定制 |
[27:07] | Business is, uh, pretty good. Appreciate you asking. | 生意挺好的 谢谢关心 |
[27:10] | Well, if there’s ever anything I can do for you | 如果有什么事是我 |
[27:12] | as your Friendly Neighborhood Councilman, you let me know. | 作为友善的议员能帮忙的 你尽管跟我说 |
[27:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:21] | You didn’t vote for me, did you? | 你之前没投票给我 是吗 |
[27:24] | What, you’re a Sol Brown man? | 所以你支持的是索尔·布朗吗 |
[27:25] | Oh, no, no, no. I just, uh, | 不不不 我只是 |
[27:28] | I just don’t mess with politics. | 我不搞政治的 |
[27:29] | I’ll take care of mines | 我只管顾好自家的事 |
[27:30] | and whatever I could do to bless the block, I do. | 然后力所能及地去帮邻里做点事 |
[27:33] | That’s about it. | 仅此而已 |
[27:37] | She’s probably hungry. Get the bottle. | 她可能是饿了 把奶瓶拿着 |
[27:40] | Come on, come on. | 来了 来了 |
[27:43] | Good girl. It’s okay. | 乖女儿 没事的 |
[27:47] | Can I help with her? | 我可以帮忙哄她吗 |
[27:48] | I don’t think that’s a good idea, baby. | 宝贝 我觉得你还是别去了 |
[27:50] | No, it’s fine, it’s fine. | 不 没事 没关系的 |
[27:51] | She, uh, she likes making new friends. | 她喜欢认识新朋友 |
[27:53] | It’s okay, it’s okay. Come on. | 好 可以的 给我吧 |
[27:55] | – It’s okay, it’s okay. – Oh, I want one. | -好了好了 -我也想有个小孩 |
[27:59] | No, you don’t, not till you’re 50. | 不 你不想 等你50岁了再说这事 |
[28:02] | Since Janelle is your daughter and Deja’s your girlfriend, | 既然珍妮尔是你女儿 而黛佳是你女朋友 |
[28:05] | that kind of makes Deja her stepmom. | 这么说黛佳其实是她后妈 |
[28:07] | – Oh, my God, Annie. – No, | -天呐 安妮 -不 |
[28:08] | – certainly does not. – Not anybody’s stepmom. | -绝对不是的 -她并不是谁的后妈 |
[28:10] | Okay, um, I-I think that a-a walk | 好吧 我觉得带她出去转转 |
[28:13] | will calm her down. I’ll just, I’ll be back. | 可能会让她安静下来 我一会儿回来 |
[28:16] | – I’ll go with him. – No. You know what, girls, upstairs. | -我和他一块去 -不 你们三个上楼去 |
[28:19] | -But why? Dinner isn’t over yet. – Yes, it is. | -为什么 饭还没吃完呢 -吃完了 |
[28:22] | – What about Malik? – Upstairs, now, please. | -那马利克呢 -请上楼去 马上 |
[28:24] | Come on. | 去吧 |
[28:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:37] | I think it’s time for some real talk. | 开门见山来谈谈吧 |
[28:46] | I’ll go first. I don’t think that Malik and Deja | 我先说吧 我认为马利克和黛佳 |
[28:49] | – should be dating. – We can agree on that. | -不适合谈恋爱 -这点我们同意 |
[28:52] | They’re just kids. | 他们还只是孩子 |
[28:54] | If it’s about the school, you know, | 如果是说逃学这事 你们也知道 |
[28:55] | kids skip school sometimes, right? Didn’t you? | 小孩都会逃学 对吧 你以前没逃过吗 |
[28:59] | No. Uh, but that’s only because Hanes Academy | 没有 不过是因为海恩斯学院的 |
[29:02] | had a very strict attendance policy. | 出勤制度太严格了 |
[29:05] | Every school does. And that’s not the point. | 任何学校都重视出勤 但这不是重点 |
[29:07] | What is the point? | 那重点是什么 |
[29:09] | Do I have to be the one to announce | 这么显而易见的问题 |
[29:11] | the elephant in the room here? | 真的要我来捅破吗 |
[29:12] | I’m sorry, I didn’t know there was an elephant. | 抱歉 我并没看出有什么明显的问题 |
[29:14] | Please announce it. | 你尽管说吧 |
[29:15] | Your son has a daughter. | 你儿子都有女儿了 |
[29:18] | Okay, but you knew that when you let Deja | 好吧 可是上周你们让黛佳和他 |
[29:19] | go to the movies with him last week. | 一起去看电影的时候不知道吗 |
[29:21] | – What movies? – Deja didn’t go to any movies last week. | -什么电影 -黛佳上周没有去看电影啊 |
[29:23] | Yes, she did. She… Malik told me. | 不 她绝对去了 马利克告诉我了 |
[29:25] | She went to the movies with him and his friends. | 黛佳和他还有他朋友们一起看的电影 |
[29:28] | Are you kidding me? So she’s sneaking around now? | 你开什么玩笑 她竟然背着我们偷溜出去 |
[29:32] | Not surprised. | 没什么好意外的 |
[29:32] | Okay, you know what, you tried it with me earlier, Kelly. | 行了 凯莉 你刚才就跟我来过这套了 |
[29:35] | I’m-a need you to not make it a habit. | 我希望你不要太得寸进尺了 |
[29:36] | Your problem is not with me, okay? | 你最棘手的问题不在我这里 好吗 |
[29:39] | Your problem is upstairs. | 关键是楼上那位 |
[29:40] | No, our problem is that Malik is too experienced for Deja. | 不 关键是马利克对黛佳来说太成熟了 |
[29:44] | She never lied to us before she met your son. | 没认识你儿子之前 她从来没对我们撒过谎 |
[29:46] | And my son never cut school before he met your daughter. | 那在遇到你女儿前 我儿子也从来没逃过学 |
[29:49] | All right, so can we all just agree | 好了 他们俩在一起就是不合适 |
[29:50] | that the two of them are not good together | 这一点我们能取得一致意见吧 |
[29:52] | and leave it at that? | 然后到此为止吧 |
[29:54] | I don’t think anyone here wants an unplanned pregnancy. | 在场没人希望孩子意外怀孕吧 |
[29:56] | Oh, plea… Malik is not having sex with Deja. | 拜托… 马利克又没跟黛佳上床 |
[29:58] | And you know that how, hmm? Because he told you? | 你又是怎么知道的 因为他跟你说了是吗 |
[30:01] | Did he tell you that about Janelle’s mother, too? | 他和詹妮尔的妈妈上床时告诉你了吗 |
[30:04] | Hey, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[30:06] | Come on. All right. | 行了 好了 |
[30:10] | Look, obviously, you’re not catching us at our best… | 很显然 我们今天没能表现出最好的一面 |
[30:14] | …but Deja came from a tough situation, | 可是黛佳曾经的处境十分艰难 |
[30:17] | and we brought her out of it. | 我们总算让她抽离了出来 |
[30:18] | And, frankly, we’re a little concerned that her spending time | 说实话 我们有些担心她和你们儿子相处 |
[30:21] | with your son will take her right back there. | 会让她重蹈覆辙 |
[30:25] | Where’s that? | 什么覆辙 |
[30:29] | – Nothing. Forget it. – Uh-uh. No. | -没有 不说这个了 -不行 |
[30:31] | – You were saying something. Finish up. – Yeah. | -你话没说完 说下去 -没错 |
[30:34] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[30:35] | Our son’s gonna drag her right back where? | 我们家儿子会让她重蹈什么覆辙 |
[30:39] | The hood? | 当混混吗 |
[30:40] | That’s not what I was trying to say, all right. | 我不是这个意思 |
[30:45] | What are you doing? | 你这是要干什么 |
[30:47] | I saw you eyeballing my tats earlier. | 我看到你们之前盯着我的纹身看了 |
[30:50] | These ain’t decorations, bro. | 这可不是装饰 |
[30:52] | I earned each and every one of these living that life for real. | 每个纹身都来自我之前真实的生活 |
[30:55] | But that’s all behind me now. | 但那些已经是过去了 |
[30:59] | Look, you can choose to see me | 你们看着我这个人时 |
[31:01] | and only see my mistakes, | 可以选择只看到我的过错 |
[31:02] | or you can choose to see something different. | 也可以选择对我刮目相看 |
[31:04] | Just like you can choose to see our son | 就像你们看我儿子时 |
[31:08] | as a kid from North Philly, teenage father. | 可以看到一个北费城的混小子 少年父亲 |
[31:12] | Or you could choose to see a straight-A student, | 也可以看到一个全优生 |
[31:16] | a sweet boy that loves to make his mother and daughter smile. | 一个爱让自己母亲和女儿露出笑容的乖孩子 |
[31:20] | But what you not gonna do is write him off. | 但你们决不能轻易抹杀他这个人 |
[31:24] | I ain’t having that. | 我绝对不允许 |
[31:28] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:34] | Randall, Beth, I’m-I’m sorry I lied. | 兰德尔 贝丝 很抱歉我撒谎了 |
[31:38] | I’m sorry for skipping school yesterday. | 很抱歉我昨天逃学了 |
[31:40] | I’m-I’m sorry I disappointed you. | 很抱歉我让你们失望了 |
[31:46] | Mr. and Mrs. Hodges, | 霍奇斯先生 霍奇斯太太 |
[31:48] | I’m sorry for skipping school with Malik, | 对于和马利克一起逃学我很抱歉 |
[31:50] | but I am not sorry for liking your son. | 但我一点也不后悔喜欢上你们的儿子 |
[31:56] | And I’m not sorry for yesterday, | 昨天的事我也不会后悔 |
[31:57] | because that was the best day of my life. | 因为那是我此生中最美好的一天 |
[32:03] | – Hey, wait-wait-wait-wait-wait. – Malik. | -等等 等等 -马利克 |
[32:05] | No, just, just hear me out, okay? | 听我说完好吗 |
[32:10] | Deja, I don’t have game. | 黛佳 我不是什么情场高手 |
[32:13] | I don’t. | 我不是 |
[32:14] | Janelle’s mom was my first girlfriend. | 詹妮尔的妈妈是我第一个女友 |
[32:16] | I still don’t why she liked me. | 我现在都不知道她为什么会喜欢我 |
[32:18] | I mean, we got football players at our school, | 我们学校有那么多橄榄球选手 |
[32:20] | I’m, like, this big. | 我才长这么点个子 |
[32:25] | But I get how you see me. | 但我理解你看待我的方式 |
[32:31] | A lot of people see me like that. | 很多人都这么看我 |
[32:36] | I remember when I first told my parents | 我还记得我刚告诉我父母 |
[32:37] | I got Jennifer pregnant. | 詹妮弗怀孕的时候 |
[32:43] | The look on my dad’s face. | 我爸的那副表情 |
[32:52] | You know how long my parents been together? | 你知道我父母在一起多久了吗 |
[32:58] | 22 years. | 22年了 |
[33:03] | My grandparents were together for 60. | 我祖父祖母在一起有60年 |
[33:05] | Hell, I bet my ancestors in Africa were even booed up. | 我的非洲祖先怕是都和配偶终生绑定了 |
[33:11] | And I let them all down. | 而我让他们所有人都失望了 |
[33:15] | I like you, Deja. | 我喜欢你 黛佳 |
[33:19] | That’s the truth. | 这是真的 |
[33:24] | And when I tell you you’re beautiful, | 当我说你很美的时候 |
[33:27] | that’s the truth, too. | 那也是真的 |
[33:33] | Look, if you really want to go back to school, that’s okay. | 你要是真的想回学校去 没问题 |
[33:36] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[33:37] | But, uh… | 但是… |
[33:43] | I-I did have one more place I wanted to show you. | 我其实还有个地方想带你去看看 |
[33:55] | Show me. | 带我去吧 |
[34:06] | Thank you for coming over. | 谢谢你们大老远过来 |
[34:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[34:16] | Okay. | 好了 |
[34:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:29] | Korey. | 科里 |
[34:33] | Can I have a word? | 能和你聊两句吗 |
[34:36] | I’ll wait for you by the car. | 我到车跟前等你 |
[34:46] | Tonight was, um… | 今晚真是… |
[34:50] | Look, Jack, we don’t have to tiptoe around it. | 杰克 没必要拐弯抹角 |
[34:53] | Tonight was awkward. | 今晚很尴尬 |
[34:56] | It wasn’t my finest. | 我表现得不怎么样 |
[34:58] | Yeah, mine either. | 是 我也不怎么样 |
[35:01] | Ever since Randall met you… | 自从兰德尔遇到你… |
[35:08] | All right. If I’m being honest, | 好吧 说实话 |
[35:11] | ever since Randall could talk, he would ask me questions. | 自从兰德尔学会讲话 他就爱问我问题 |
[35:16] | “Why is everybody staring at us, Dad?” | “爸爸 为什么所有人都盯着我们” |
[35:20] | “Wh-why don’t we have any black neighbors?” | “为什么我们没有黑人邻居” |
[35:23] | He-he would ask questions, | 他总爱问我问题 |
[35:26] | and I always had an answer for him. | 我也都答得上来 |
[35:27] | I-I don’t know how good the answers were, | 我不知道答得好不好 |
[35:31] | but I had them. | 但我答得上来 |
[35:34] | And lately, his questions have gotten… | 可最近 他的问题变得… |
[35:39] | very complicated. | 很复杂 |
[35:43] | And I feel like I’m letting him down. | 我感觉我在让他失望 |
[35:48] | That kid is my whole world. | 那孩子是我的全世界 |
[35:54] | And I… | 可我… |
[35:57] | I’m out of my depth here. | 我有些黔驴技穷了 |
[36:02] | You know, I only applied to Hanes | 其实我申请海恩斯学院 |
[36:05] | ’cause it’s the best, | 是因为那是最好的学校 |
[36:08] | and I wanted to teach at the best. | 而我想去最好的学校教书 |
[36:11] | But I knew I’d be the only one there. | 但我也知道那里只有我一个黑人老师 |
[36:14] | So… | 所以… |
[36:16] | I guess when I met Randall… | 我想当我遇上兰德尔的时候… |
[36:19] | …I understood him. | 我特别能够理解他 |
[36:22] | And then when I saw that he was searching, | 后来当我看到他在寻找什么的时候 |
[36:24] | I just, I felt like I could help him with all that. | 我就觉得 我可以在这方面帮助他 |
[36:27] | – Well, you can. – No. | -你当然可以 -不 |
[36:31] | I get him from 8:00 to 3:00, five days a week. | 我只是早八点到下午三点和他相处 一周五天 |
[36:34] | I mean, if I’m lucky, one day, he’ll remember me | 如果我幸运的话 也许他将来还会记着我 |
[36:38] | as someone who was vaguely important to him once. | 记得我对他来说好像曾是一个重要的人 |
[36:44] | But you’re his father. | 但你是他的父亲 |
[36:46] | Yeah, you’re gonna be a grandfather to his children. | 将来还会是他孩子的爷爷 |
[36:49] | You’re gonna be with him forever. | 你会永远陪着他 |
[36:50] | Korey, I-I can’t teach my son how to be black. | 科里 我没法教我儿子如何做一名黑人 |
[36:56] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[36:58] | No, don’t, don’t do that. | 不 不要 别教他这个 |
[37:00] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[37:01] | ‘Cause you-you, you can’t do that. | 因为你们 你们做不到这件事 |
[37:06] | All right, hold on, one, one second. Just hold on. | 好了 稍等 等一会儿 稍等一下 |
[37:14] | One second. | 再等一下 |
[37:24] | This… is The Weary Blues. | 这本…是《疲倦的布鲁斯》 |
[37:27] | By one of the baddest scribes ever to live, Langston Hughes. | 是由史上最糟糕的抄写员朗斯顿·修斯创作的 |
[37:33] | I was gonna give this to Randall, | 我本来打算送给兰德尔 |
[37:34] | but my wife told me to leave it in the car. | 但我妻子让我把它留在车里 |
[37:38] | Randall is… he’s really into his work. | 兰德尔他… 他很喜欢他的作品 |
[37:50] | – Thanks. – Yeah. Well, um… | -谢谢 -不客气 那… |
[37:54] | I’ll see you at the parent-teacher meeting. | 我们家长会上再见了 |
[37:56] | – See you there. – Yeah. | -到时候见 -好的 |
[38:34] | So… Mr. Lawrence. | 这位…劳伦斯老师 |
[38:37] | He’s a pretty cool guy. I can see why you like him. | 他人挺好的 我明白你为什么喜欢他了 |
[38:41] | He’s okay. | 他还好啦 |
[38:43] | No, he’s, um… | 不 他… |
[38:45] | he’s pretty cool. | 他真的非常棒 |
[38:49] | Yeah, he, he, he gave me this. | 其实他 他 他给了我这个 |
[38:52] | He said that you liked it a lot. | 他说你会非常喜欢的 |
[38:53] | I’m planning on reading it, too. | 我也打算好好读一读 |
[38:55] | – You are? – Mm-hm. | -是吗 -当然 |
[38:59] | This is a book of poetry, Dad. | 这是一本诗集 爸 |
[39:01] | What, I like poetry. | 怎么了 我喜欢诗 |
[39:02] | Sure you do. | 我真信 |
[39:05] | Okay, I’ll take that back, then. | 好吧 那我收回那句话 |
[39:14] | You’re grounded for a week for lying to us. | 因为你对我们说了谎 所以禁足一周 |
[39:18] | It cannot happen again. | 以后绝对不准再骗我们了 |
[39:24] | Randall and I talked, and we agreed | 我和兰德尔聊过了 我们都同意 |
[39:27] | that you can see Malik. | 你可以继续和马利克交往 |
[39:30] | – Seriously? – But supervised. | -真的吗 -不过要有人监督 |
[39:33] | All right? Either in this house when Beth and I are home, | 好吗 要么我和贝丝在家的时候在咱们家见 |
[39:37] | or at Malik’s house, when his parents are home. | 或者马利克父母在家的时候 在他们家见 |
[39:42] | We didn’t really get to know Malik tonight… | 我们今晚没机会好好了解马利克… |
[39:47] | …but we’d like to. | 不过我们很想了解他 |
[39:51] | Mind telling us about him? | 你愿意跟我们聊聊他吗 |
[39:56] | – Can I look now? – Hold on, just wait a second. | -我现在能看了吗 -稍等 再等一下 |
[39:59] | Well, he’s obsessed with cheesesteaks. | 首先 他超爱芝士牛肉三明治 |
[40:03] | He’s very confident. Not cocky. | 他非常自信 但并不自大 |
[40:07] | And… | 而且… |
[40:08] | he’s the type of guy that walks into a room | 他就是那种一走进房间 |
[40:10] | – and everyone notices. – Now. | -所有人都会注意到他的人 -看吧 |
[40:20] | G.G., it’s sticky. | 太姥姥 这好黏啊 |
[40:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:24] | And you’re getting it everywhere, baby girl. | 你还弄得到处都是 小宝贝 |
[40:27] | – Dayje? – Yeah, Mama? | -小黛 -怎么了 妈妈 |
[40:30] | Look outside, tater-tot. | 看外面 小宝贝 |
[40:31] | You see the lights? | 你看到那些灯了吗 |
[40:33] | They’re pretty, right? | 很漂亮 对吧 |
[40:41] | The thing about Malik is, | 马利克的特别之处在于 |
[40:44] | he makes me feel like myself. | 他让我感觉找到了自己 |
[40:47] | Like I have a piece of home. | 让我有一种归属感 |
[40:52] | Oh, damn, did I mess up again? | 该死 我是不是又搞砸了 |
[40:55] | No, you didn’t mess up at all. | 不 你完全没有搞砸 |
[41:14] | You know, I actually memorized my favorite one. | 其实我背下了最喜欢的那首诗 |
[41:17] | You did? | 真的吗 |
[41:22] | Can I hear it? | 我能听听吗 |
[41:29] | “I, Too.” | 《我也》 |
[41:33] | “I, too, sing America. | “我也歌唱美国 |
[41:35] | I am the darker brother. | 我是那个黑皮肤的兄弟 |
[41:37] | They send me to eat in the kitchen, | 当有客人登门的时候 |
[41:39] | when company comes. | 他们总赶我去厨房吃饭 |
[41:41] | But I laugh, and I eat well, and I grow strong. | 但我大声笑大口吃 我长得壮 |
[41:46] | Tomorrow, I’ll be at the table. | 明天 我也会在饭桌上吃饭 |
[41:49] | When company comes, nobody’ll dare say to me, | 当有客人再登门时 没人敢对我说 |
[41:51] | ‘eat in the kitchen,’ then. | ‘去厨房吃饭’ |
[41:54] | Besides, they’ll see how beautiful we are, and… | 而且他们会看到我们有多么美 |
[41:58] | Be ashamed. | 并因此羞愧 |
[42:02] | I, too, am America.” | 我也是美国人” |
[42:10] | We could read that together. | 我们可以一起读那本诗集 |
[42:12] | If you want. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[42:14] | I would like that very much. | 我非常非常乐意 |