时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | I still haven’t heard anything. | 还是没消息 |
[00:37] | I’m really trying not to freak out, Tobe. | 我在很努力地控制情绪 小托 |
[00:41] | Wait, someone’s at the door. | 等等 有人敲门 |
[00:45] | No, it’s just Kevin and Madison. | 不是 只是凯文和麦迪逊 |
[00:46] | Oh, well, hello to you, too. | 对我们这么”热情”啊 |
[00:48] | Will you just keep looking? | 你再找找吧 |
[00:50] | Just… I’ll call you if I hear anything. | 有消息我会联系你 |
[00:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:53] | – What’s up? – Oh, God. | -怎么了 -天啊 |
[00:56] | Mom went to get a birthday cake, and she hasn’t come back. | 妈妈去买生日蛋糕 结果一直没回来 |
[00:58] | I tried calling her. She’s not answering. | 我给她打了电话 她也不接 |
[01:00] | So, Toby went to the bakery, | 托比去面包店问了 |
[01:02] | and apparently, she didn’t even make it there. | 发现她根本就没走到店里 |
[01:04] | – Oh, my God. – Okay. I-I’m-I’m gonna go… | -我的天哪 -好 我现在出去 |
[01:06] | I’m gonna go look for her. I’m gonna go help. | 我去找她 一起帮忙找 |
[01:08] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你可以吗 -我没事 |
[01:09] | – No, yeah, go. – You sure? | -你去吧 -你确定吗 |
[01:11] | – Yeah. – Wait, what’s going on? | -确定 -等等 什么情况 |
[01:13] | No, nothing. I had a little morning sickness, | 没有 就是早上有点犯恶心 |
[01:14] | – but… – Oh, thank God…. | -没事了 -谢天谢地 |
[01:17] | Yes. Yes. Of course. | 好 没问题 |
[01:20] | Thank you very much. | 太感谢了 |
[01:22] | Yeah, we’re here. | 对 我们在家 |
[01:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:28] | S-So, the cops have her. | 警察找到她了 |
[01:30] | She, uh… She had an episode. | 她…犯病了 |
[01:33] | They’re bringing her back here. | 他们这就送她回来 |
[01:37] | Let’s all just… | 事已至此 |
[01:38] | Let’s just stay calm. | 我们要冷静 |
[01:40] | We don’t know what kind of state she’s gonna be in, | 我们不知道她回来时会是什么状态 |
[01:41] | and-and I don’t want to panic her. | 我不想吓到她 |
[01:49] | All right, ma’am, you’re home. | 好了 女士 您到家了 |
[01:50] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[01:55] | Mom, come on in. | 妈 快进来 |
[01:57] | Thank you very much for bringing her home. | 谢谢你们送她回家 |
[02:06] | Okay, thanks. Oh, how’s she doing back there? | 好了 谢谢 她情况怎么样 |
[02:09] | She’s laying down. | 她躺下了 |
[02:10] | She’s a little nauseous. | 她有点恶心 |
[02:11] | My fiancée’s got morning sickness | 我未婚妻妊娠反应很严重 |
[02:13] | at all hours of the day. | 一天到晚都想吐 |
[02:15] | Try ginger tea. | 可以试试喝姜茶 |
[02:23] | Madison okay? | 麦迪逊还好吗 |
[02:25] | Yeah. Yeah, she’s okay. | 还好 她没事 |
[02:27] | – Did you hear anything from Mom’s doctor? – No. | -妈妈的医生有说什么吗 -没有 |
[02:29] | Miguel left her a message. | 米格尔给她留言了 |
[02:33] | Kev, she was… | 小凯 她刚才… |
[02:35] | she was gone. | 看起来特别迷茫 |
[02:37] | Like, like, her face was not her face. | 脸上根本不是平时会有的表情 |
[02:41] | I know. | 是啊 |
[02:42] | It’s too soon. I’m not ready for this. | 太快了 我真的没准备好 |
[02:46] | Yeah, me neither. | 我也是 |
[02:51] | Obviously, at some point, | 另外 你得跟我解释一下 |
[02:52] | you’re gonna need to explain your use of the word “Fiancée.” | “未婚妻”这个词是怎么回事 |
[02:55] | Yeah, it’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[02:57] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[02:58] | Well, it’s a long car ride home. | 那开车回去时你可有的解释了 |
[03:00] | True that. Yeah. | 可不是嘛 |
[03:05] | Okay, so, Kev, I tried calling you | 好吧 小凯 我试着给你打过电话 |
[03:08] | for, like, two hours, and you weren’t answering. | 打了两个小时左右 你没接 |
[03:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:34] | I didn’t… I didn’t know you were… | 我不知道你会… |
[03:35] | Yeah. | 是 |
[03:47] | I was just gonna call you about Mom. | 我正要打电话给你说妈妈的事 |
[03:50] | The cops found her. They brought her home, | 警察找到了她 把她送回了家 |
[03:51] | so she’s-she’s here. | 所以她回到这了 |
[03:53] | She’s safe. She’s-she’s resting, so… | 她很安全 她在休息 所以 |
[04:01] | Well, I wish I could give you a massive hug, | 我希望我可以给你一个大大的拥抱 |
[04:03] | – but I don’t know when you were… – I’m-I’m good. | -但我不知道你是什么时候… -我没事 |
[04:05] | I get COVID tested three times a week at city hall. | 我在市政厅一周做三次新冠肺炎测试 |
[04:08] | Plus Beth’s turned into Fauci at home, so… | 而且贝丝在家已经成了抗疫大队长 所以 |
[04:14] | You guys? | 你们呢 |
[04:15] | Yeah, we’re g… We, um, we quarantined | 我们到这里之前 |
[04:17] | for 20 days before we got here, so we’re all good. | 隔离了二十天 所以我们都没事 |
[04:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:22] | I want to see her. | 我想见她 |
[04:23] | – She upstairs? – Yeah. – Yeah. | -她在楼上吗 -对 |
[04:26] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[04:30] | There’s no way we could’ve known this was gonna happen. | 我们不可能预料到这样的事 |
[04:33] | She was great before this. You can ask Kate. | 在这事之前她状态特别好 你可以问凯特 |
[04:35] | I’m not questioning you, Kev. I believe you. | 我没有质疑你 小凯 我相信你 |
[04:38] | She’s home, and that’s what matters. | 她回家了 这才是要紧的 |
[04:41] | It’s cool. | 没事的 |
[04:44] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[04:49] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[04:51] | I know the last thing that you need right now is | 我知道你现在最不需要的就是 |
[04:53] | a terrified, panicked text from your sister. | 收到你姐惊慌失措的短信 |
[05:44] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[05:46] | What… | 你怎么 |
[05:48] | Sweetheart, I thought– | 宝贝 我以为 |
[05:49] | I thought you weren’t gonna make it. | 我以为你来不了 |
[05:51] | What, you think I’d miss our birthday? | 怎么 你以为我会错过我们的生日吗 |
[05:58] | You know. | 你知道了 |
[06:00] | Kate called me. | 凯特给我打电话了 |
[06:04] | Are Beth and the girls with you? | 贝丝和孩子们跟你一起来了吗 |
[06:07] | No, they’re back home. | 没有 她们在家 |
[06:09] | Next time. | 下次吧 |
[06:12] | I’m clear. Kev said you are, too. | 我没感染 小凯说你也没问题 |
[06:13] | I just want to be vigilant. | 我就是想谨慎点 |
[06:15] | Sit. | 坐 |
[06:24] | You want to tell me what happened? | 你想跟我说说发生了什么吗 |
[06:31] | I.. | 我 |
[06:33] | I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么 |
[06:38] | I went into town… | 我进城去 |
[06:42] | …and then the next thing I knew… | 接下来我记得的事就是 |
[06:48] | William was there. | 威廉在那里 |
[06:50] | I mean, obviously not William, but I– | 那个人当然不是威廉 但我… |
[06:53] | Oh, God, I could have sworn it was him. | 天啊 那个人实在太像他了 |
[07:01] | I’ve been thinking about him a lot lately. | 我最近经常想起他 |
[07:07] | Ever since we had our conversation about the trial, | 自从我们谈过临床试验的事 |
[07:10] | and about me, um… keeping him from you. | 还有我不让你见他的事… |
[07:14] | We don’t have to talk about that right now, Mom. That’s… | 我们现在没必要谈这个 妈妈 |
[07:19] | Well, then, when? | 好吧 那什么时候谈 |
[07:29] | Wh-What’s going on there? | 你那里怎么了 |
[07:31] | That’s just some poison ivy, | 只是碰到毒藤了 |
[07:34] | Miguel and I have been gardening. | 米格尔和我一直在种东西 |
[07:35] | I already took something for it. | 我已经吃药了 |
[07:40] | Do you think this would have happened in St. Louis? | 你觉得如果去了圣路易斯还会发生这样的事吗 |
[07:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:48] | – I’m sorry I pushed that on you. – No. | -我很抱歉我强迫你去那里 -不用 |
[07:52] | No, no, no, sweetheart. | 不需要 亲爱的 |
[07:53] | You have nothing to apologize for. | 你不需要道歉 |
[08:01] | Are Beth and the girls with you? | 贝丝和孩子们和你一起来了吗 |
[08:07] | No, Mom. | 没有 妈妈 |
[08:09] | – Next time. – Okay. | -下次吧 -好的 |
[08:26] | Hey, excuse me, excuse me… | 抱歉 打扰一下 |
[08:28] | My wife is Rebecca Pearson. | 我妻子叫丽贝卡·皮尔森 |
[08:30] | I don’t have an update yet, sir. | 我还不知道最新情况 先生 |
[08:32] | Okay, wait, I-I don’t– I don’t know what to do. | 好吧 等等 我不知道该做什么 |
[08:37] | what can I do? | 我能做什么 |
[08:40] | You could pray. | 你可以祈祷 |
[08:52] | – What are you doing? – Kevin, you need to talk to Randall. | -你在干什么 -凯文 你得和兰德尔谈谈 |
[08:57] | Kev, I have tried my best to stay out of this, | 小凯 我尽力不插手这件事 |
[09:00] | but now Randall’s acting all weird with me, too. | 但现在兰德尔对我的态度也很奇怪 |
[09:03] | We haven’t even done our birthday chant, | 我们都还没唱生日歌呢 |
[09:05] | and that’s like canon. | 那可是常规节目啊 |
[09:06] | – Oh, Kate, Kate… – No, Kevin. | -好了 凯特 -不 凯文 |
[09:08] | The world is on fire. | 世界快要崩塌了 |
[09:11] | This is enough. Fix it. | 不能再继续了 想办法解决 |
[09:49] | You know, after seeing all those Internet videos | 在视频里看了那么多蛋糕 |
[09:50] | of random objects that are actually cakes, | 被做成各种物品的样子之后 |
[09:53] | it’s kind of a letdown to have a cake that just… | 将就着吃一个长得就像蛋糕的蛋糕 |
[09:57] | looks like a cake. | 还真有点失望 |
[10:03] | You know… | 其实 |
[10:06] | …when Rebecca and I first got here, | 我和丽贝卡刚来这里的时候 |
[10:07] | we thought we were gonna be here for a week. | 我们以为我们会在这里待一个星期 |
[10:10] | Two, max. Then that turned into a month. | 最多两个星期 然后成了一个月 |
[10:14] | Then two months. | 最后成了两个月 |
[10:16] | But… | 但是 |
[10:18] | she just kept feeling better. | 她感觉好多了 |
[10:22] | And I… I’m not an idiot or anything like that. | 我也不是白痴 |
[10:24] | I know that there’s-there’s no secret magic | 我知道空气中没有神奇魔法 |
[10:27] | in the air that’s gonna cure this, | 可以治疗她的病 |
[10:29] | but… she just seemed like Rebecca again. | 但她又像从前的丽贝卡了 |
[10:31] | You know? | 你明白吗 |
[10:35] | And now, with this…. | 可现在 又出了这种事 |
[10:37] | Oh, man. It’s just gonna take the legs | 简直就像往她仅有的信心上 |
[10:39] | right out from underneath her. | 又泼了一盆冷水 |
[10:47] | Okay, I’m gonna try to say something meaningful | 我现在想说一些对你有用的话 |
[10:50] | right now, Migs, and I got to warn you, | 但是 米格 我先提醒你 |
[10:52] | it is gonna be a reach. So, you just bear with me, okay? | 可能有些绕 你先忍着听听 好吗 |
[10:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:03] | So every morning, I take 20 milligrams of an antidepressant. | 每天早上 我会服用二十毫克的抗抑郁药 |
[11:08] | I’m not sure who else knows that besides Kate, | 我不知道除了凯特还有没有谁知道 |
[11:10] | but it’s-it’s not a big deal. | 不过不是什么大不了的事 |
[11:14] | So, about a month after I started taking, uh, the meds, | 在服药差不多一个月之后 |
[11:18] | I called my doctor to renew my prescription. | 我给我的医生打电话 问他要新处方去续药 |
[11:22] | And he said, “Oh, no, don’t worry about it. | 结果他说 “不用担心 |
[11:23] | You have automatic refills.” | 你的药是自动续的” |
[11:27] | That hit me… really hard. | 他的话给我造成了很大的打击 |
[11:31] | You know, it just made it feel so indefinite, | 让我觉得一眼望不到头 |
[11:34] | so… so permanent. | 遥遥无期 |
[11:37] | I said, “Is there ever gonna be a time | 我说 “我到底能不能有一天 |
[11:39] | when I am not on these meds? | 再也不用吃这些药 |
[11:41] | I mean, is-is this ever gonna end?” | 我想知道 还有没有可能停药” |
[11:45] | And… and then he… | 然后 他… |
[11:46] | He says, “One day at a time.” | 他说 “一天一天慢慢来” |
[11:51] | One day at a time. | 一天一天慢慢来 |
[11:52] | An excellent TV show, | 这部电视剧很好看 |
[11:54] | and a terrible answer to my question. | 但拿来回答我的问题真是糟糕透了 |
[11:57] | Now, I don’t know how it feels | 我并不知道 |
[12:00] | to stare down Alzheimer’s. | 对抗阿尔兹海默症是什么感受 |
[12:06] | But I do know how it feels | 但是我知道 |
[12:08] | to look at your life | 看着自己的生活 |
[12:10] | and to see all the things that you want from it, | 看着你想要的一切 |
[12:13] | and to have them all seem so unattainable. | 那么可望而不可即 是什么感受 |
[12:19] | Rebecca had a bad day. | 丽贝卡今天过得很糟心 |
[12:21] | She’s gonna have more. | 这样的日子以后还会有 |
[12:24] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[12:25] | My long-winded advice is for | 扯这么远是想建议你 |
[12:30] | you to remind her that to you, | 要让她知道 你相信 |
[12:33] | her happy future is very real. | 她可以踏踏实实地幸福下去 |
[12:37] | One day at a time. | 一天一天慢慢来 |
[12:44] | It’s a great show. | 那部电视剧确实很棒 |
[12:45] | The reboot is better. | 复播的更好看 |
[12:47] | I know. | 是啊 |
[12:48] | I’m the one who started the hashtag to get it revived | 之前那部剧被砍之后 |
[12:51] | – after it got canceled. – Is that right? | -是我创建话题让它复播的 -真的吗 |
[12:52] | You don’t cancel Rita Moreno. | 丽塔·莫雷诺的剧砍不得 |
[12:55] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[12:55] | Yeah. | 太对了 |
[12:57] | Oh, this is Rebecca’s doctor from L.A. | 是丽贝卡在洛杉矶的医生打来的 |
[12:58] | – Yeah, go ahead. – I got to take this. | -赶紧接吧 -我得和医生聊聊 |
[13:00] | Hello. Hi, uh, Dr. Whitaker. | 喂 你好 惠特克医生 |
[13:03] | Is that her doctor? I need to speak with her. | 是她的医生吗 我要和她谈谈 |
[13:05] | Yeah, yeah. This, uh… It was this afternoon. | 对对 是今天下午 |
[13:07] | – Give me the… – It was a very severe episode. | -把电话… -很严重的一次发作 |
[13:09] | Miguel, I’d like to talk to her. | 米格尔 我想和她谈谈 |
[13:10] | Randall, just hold on one second, please…. | 兰德尔 你可以等等吗… |
[13:12] | Ask her if anything could have negatively interacted | 问问她目前服用的药物 会不会跟什么东西 |
[13:13] | with her meds. | 有不良反应 |
[13:15] | Just… | 等… |
[13:16] | Ask her about the allergy medicine, | 问问她抗过敏药 |
[13:17] | the one she took for poison ivy. Here. | 治毒藤皮炎的药 这个 |
[13:23] | Are you sure she took this? | 你确定她吃过这个药吗 |
[13:24] | Yeah, she told me. | 是的 她告诉我的 |
[13:26] | Hey, Dr. Whitaker, uh, yeah. | 惠特克医生 是的 |
[13:28] | It looks like Rebecca took an antihistamine with… | 丽贝卡好像服用了抗组胺药 成分是… |
[13:32] | Yes, diphenhydramine. | 是的 苯海拉明 |
[13:36] | I do remember it from the list. | 我确实记得清单上有这个 |
[13:39] | Okay. Right. | 嗯 好的 |
[13:40] | So it could have been a reaction to the… | 所以可能是这个药导致的… |
[13:44] | Thank God. Okay. | 谢天谢地 好的 |
[13:47] | Yes, she’s resting right now. | 是的 她正在休息 |
[13:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:51] | Absolutely. Yes, I will. | 当然 我会的 |
[14:28] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[14:30] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[14:33] | She was in… so much pain. | 她当时太痛苦了 |
[14:40] | It’s okay. | 好了 |
[14:42] | It’s okay. You’ve been crying all night. | 没事了 你已经哭了一晚上了 |
[14:45] | Aren’t you tired? | 不累吗 |
[14:51] | Still bad? | 还是很痛吗 |
[14:54] | We should go to the clinic, | 我们还是去诊所吧 |
[14:55] | – try to get you looked at. – No. | -让医生帮你看下 -不行 |
[14:58] | If I tell that doctor I’m on methadone to get clean, | 要是告诉医生我服用美沙酮来戒毒 |
[15:00] | he’ll look at me like I’m dirt. Less than. | 他会视我如烂泥的 连烂泥都不如 |
[15:03] | – Laurel, please. – No! | -罗瑞尔 拜托了 -不行 |
[15:12] | I need you to get me some stuff for the pain. | 我需要你帮我买点药来镇痛 |
[15:20] | Please. I’ve been good. | 求你了 我最近很克制了 |
[15:23] | I have. | 真的 |
[15:24] | It just– It hurts so bad. | 可是真的太痛了 |
[15:27] | I just need a little help. Just need a little help. | 你帮帮我吧 给我点东西止痛 |
[15:31] | Okay? Just one more time. | 好吗 就这一次 |
[15:35] | So I can be there for the baby. | 这样我就可以照顾宝宝了 |
[15:54] | I-I can’t do it by myself. | 我一个人搞不定的 |
[16:00] | I can’t take care of him. | 我没办法照顾他 |
[16:06] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:12] | Please be with him. | 求你护佑他 |
[16:16] | Please take care of him. | 请照顾好他 |
[16:27] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[16:54] | He used to pray so hard | 他以前总是很用力地祈祷 |
[16:55] | you could see the veins in his neck. | 你甚至能看到他脖子上暴起青筋 |
[17:00] | Yeah, I remember that. | 没错 我记得很清楚 |
[17:03] | The veins in his neck. | 他脖子上那些暴起的青筋 |
[17:07] | Never knew what he was asking for. | 我一直不知道他在祈祷些什么 |
[17:11] | I used to tell myself he was asking to be better. | 我常常觉得他是在祈求自己变得更好 |
[17:17] | Better to us. | 对我们更好 |
[17:18] | A better man. | 成为更好的男人 |
[17:21] | And then I would pray. | 然后我也祈祷 |
[17:24] | Pray that it would work. That he would change. | 祈祷他的愿望能实现 祈祷他会改变 |
[17:34] | Then, when he never did… | 后来他一点也没变 |
[17:38] | that’s when I gave up on all of this. | 我便不再做祈祷 |
[17:47] | Every hand you’ve dealt me has been crap. | 你给我的从来都是一手烂牌 |
[17:51] | But still, I kept trying. | 可我仍然在努力生活 |
[17:55] | All these years… | 这么多年来 |
[17:58] | trying to always do what’s right. | 我总是努力做正确的事 |
[18:03] | Trying to be the better man; the man that he never was. | 努力做一个他未曾做到的更好的男人 |
[18:10] | Has that made you laugh… seeing me try? | 看着顽抗的我 你是否会暗自发笑呢 |
[18:16] | Knowing that, somewhere deep down… | 因为你知道在我内心深处 |
[18:20] | in spite of everything, that I probably still believed. | 无论如何 还是会相信你 |
[18:33] | The only good thing that has ever happened to me is her, | 我生命里唯一美好的事就是她 |
[18:35] | and if you– | 如果你… |
[19:00] | Please do not take her away from me. | 拜托你不要从我身边带走她 |
[19:06] | I am begging you. | 我求你了 |
[19:07] | I’m on my knees begging for her. | 我诚心跪下来 为了她祈求你 |
[19:14] | Begging for my children. | 为我的孩子们祈求你 |
[19:19] | Take me if you want, just don’t… | 如果你需要 带走我就好 只是别… |
[19:37] | Just don’t. | 别带走他们 |
[19:42] | Don’t you dare. | 你想都别想 |
[19:51] | I had no idea that medications could interact that way. | 我不知道药物之间会有相互作用 |
[19:55] | – And they’re sure it’s temporary? – That’s what the doctor said. | -确定只是一时反应吗 -医生是这么说的 |
[19:57] | Said a reaction like that can cause an episode | 说那些药的相互作用可能会导致发病 |
[19:59] | and then it can just wear off. | 过段时间就会慢慢好转 |
[20:02] | It was a hell of a catch, Randall. | 得亏你能发现 兰德尔 |
[20:03] | Back at you. | 你也不赖 |
[20:07] | We’re lucky you came, Randall. | 真庆幸你来了 兰德尔 |
[20:08] | – Honestly. – Yeah. | -的确是 -是啊 |
[20:11] | I’m just happy she’s okay. | 她没事我就放心了 |
[20:16] | So, um… I’m gonna take off. | 那我走了 |
[20:19] | Wait, what? Now? | 等等 这就走了吗 |
[20:20] | – But cake. – I, uh… | -还有蛋糕呢 -我… |
[20:23] | I promised Beth and the girls that I’d get home tonight. | 我答应了贝丝和孩子们今晚会回家 |
[20:26] | They got a whole thing planned, so… | 她们安排了一堆活动 所以… |
[20:30] | – Miguel. – Drive safe. | -米格尔 -一路顺风 |
[20:32] | Tobias. | 托比亚斯 |
[20:34] | Sis. | 姐 |
[20:37] | Kev. | 小凯 |
[20:38] | Bye again. | 再见 |
[20:47] | Hey, Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[20:51] | So, I was, uh… I was hoping | 其实… 我很希望 |
[20:53] | that you and Kev would talk, you know? | 你和小凯可以谈谈 你知道吗 |
[20:56] | – Clear the air. – Kate… | -解开心结 -凯特 |
[21:00] | I’m not taking any sides. | 我不偏向任何一方 |
[21:02] | I know I live in L.A. with him, | 虽然我跟他都住洛杉矶 |
[21:03] | but I am totally Switzerland on this one. | 但这件事上我完全中立 |
[21:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:09] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[21:11] | Are we good? | 我们之间还好吗 |
[21:13] | I mean, I’ve been texting and reaching out, | 我一直发消息联系你 |
[21:16] | and I haven’t heard anything back, really, and… | 但一直没收到任何回复 而且… |
[21:18] | I’m just so worried about… | 我好担心 |
[21:21] | about you and Beth and the girls. | 你 贝丝和孩子们 |
[21:23] | You know, with everything that’s going on in the news. | 毕竟出了新闻里报道的那些事 |
[21:26] | I’m so overwhelmed by it, I can’t even imagine | 我都难以承受 我更无法想象 |
[21:29] | what you guys are all going through, so.. | 你们心里是怎样的滋味 所以 |
[21:33] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:39] | Sorry about what? | 抱歉什么 |
[21:42] | Specifically, what are you apologizing for? | 说详细一点 你在为什么道歉 |
[21:48] | I’m just– I’m… sorry about what’s going on in the country | 我只是 很抱歉国内发生这样的事 |
[21:52] | – and the protests and… – Okay. | -接着又是抗议 还有… -好了 |
[21:55] | But you’ve never apologized before. | 可你以前从没道过歉 |
[21:58] | And this isn’t the first Black person to be killed on camera. | 这不是黑人第一次在镜头前被杀害 |
[22:03] | No, it’s… it’s not. | 你说得对 |
[22:11] | I don’t know, this feels different. | 我说不好 这次感觉不同 |
[22:13] | Not for me, Kate. | 我没感到不同 凯特 |
[22:16] | It-It’s never been different for me. | 每一次 我从来没感到不同 |
[22:20] | We grew up in the same house. | 我们在同一屋檐下长大 |
[22:22] | Things like this have been happening to Black people for years, | 黑人积年累月地遭遇这些不幸 |
[22:25] | and we’ve never talked about it. | 可我们从来没好好聊过 |
[22:28] | Not once. | 一次都没有过 |
[22:30] | Not once in 40 years. | 四十年 一次都没有 |
[22:38] | I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to say– | 我不知道该说什么 我不想… |
[22:40] | – I don’t want to say the wrong thing. – Okay. | -我不想说错话 -好 |
[22:42] | So, growing up, I, uh, I just had to keep | 所以 从小到大 我只好 |
[22:45] | so many things to myself because… | 把很多事藏在心里 因为… |
[22:50] | I didn’t want to make you guys feel bad. | 我不想让你们难过 |
[22:52] | I didn’t want you to have to worry about | 我不希望给你们增加负担 |
[22:54] | saying the wrong thing. | 让你们担心说错话 |
[22:59] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[23:03] | Well, you’re right. I mean, we never talked about it as kids, | 你说得对 我们小时候的确没聊过这些 |
[23:06] | and I think Mom and Dad did the best they could, i guess, but… | 我觉得爸爸妈妈也尽力去做了 可是… |
[23:10] | but I didn’t get involved, I-I didn’t even… | 可是我确实没有参与 我甚至都没… |
[23:12] | See, I hate this, Kate. | 所以我讨厌这样 凯特 |
[23:16] | I hate seeing you upset. | 我讨厌看到你伤心 |
[23:19] | And normally I would hug you, | 通常这时候我会抱抱你 |
[23:21] | and I would tell you that you did all the right things. | 我会告诉你 你所做的一切都是对的 |
[23:25] | I would try to make it all okay for you. | 我会尽力让你感觉好起来 |
[23:27] | But if I did that, Kate… | 但如果我这样做 凯特… |
[23:29] | If I made things better for you, then where does that leave me? | 如果我让你好受了 谁来让我好受呢 |
[23:36] | I’m sorry, but I can’t do that. | 很抱歉 但我不能这么做 |
[23:39] | That has been my pattern all my life. | 这么多年来 我一直都是这个模式 |
[23:42] | And honestly, Kate, it is exhausting. | 说实话 凯特 这太令人疲惫了 |
[23:48] | I’m exhausted. | 我累了 |
[23:52] | And all I want to do right now is go home and be with my wife | 我现在只想回家找我的妻子 |
[23:55] | and my girls. | 还有姑娘们 |
[24:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:03] | Okay, um… | 好的 |
[24:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:09] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[24:14] | Happy birthday, Sis. | 生日快乐 老姐 |
[24:16] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[24:57] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[25:00] | It’s Jack. | 我是杰克 |
[25:06] | Been a while. | 好久不见 |
[25:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:15] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[25:16] | Yeah. I– | 还好 我… |
[25:22] | No, I– | 不 我… |
[25:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:29] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗 |
[25:35] | What were you praying for? I mean, you know, | 你当时在祈祷些什么 我是说 |
[25:38] | back when we used to go to church. | 以前我们去教堂的时候 |
[25:44] | You need money again or something? | 你需要钱还是什么吗 |
[25:45] | Wh-What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[25:48] | No, I’m good. | 没有 我很好 |
[25:52] | I don’t know why I called. | 我不知道为什么要打给你 |
[25:53] | I was just… having a day. | 我只是… 今天不太顺 |
[25:56] | Uh… I’ll let you go. | 你去忙吧 |
[25:57] | – I hope you’re okay. – Jack. | -希望你一切都好 -杰克 |
[26:01] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[26:06] | Uh, I prayed my kids would turn out better than I did. | 我当时在祈祷 希望我的孩子们将来过得比我好 |
[26:14] | I’m trying, Pop. | 我在努力 老爸 |
[26:18] | I’m really trying. | 我真的在努力 |
[26:20] | Yeah, I-I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[26:25] | – I gotta go. – Hey, Jackie? | -我得挂了 -小杰 |
[26:29] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[26:32] | Happy birthday, kid. | 生日快乐 孩子 |
[26:39] | Thanks, Pop. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[27:17] | And he wound up here. | 他最终来到了这里 |
[27:20] | Exact same place, exact same day. | 恰好在同一个地方 恰好在同一天 |
[27:27] | Just look at him, Bec. | 你看看他 小贝 |
[27:30] | Placed right there. | 他就在那里 |
[27:31] | Right next to ours. | 就在我们孩子旁边 |
[27:34] | Hey, Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[27:37] | Hey, listen, I just wanted to, uh… | 是这样 我只是想… |
[27:39] | Just wanted to say thanks for, uh… | 只是想跟你说声谢谢 |
[27:42] | thanks for coming out, you know, | 谢谢你能过来 |
[27:43] | I really appreciate it. If you hadn’t, we, uh… | 我真的很感激 如果你没过来 我们… |
[27:44] | No. Yeah, of course. | 不用谢 应该的 |
[27:51] | Yeah. | 好 |
[27:53] | – I should go to beat the traffic. – Yeah. | -我得避开高峰期 -好吧 |
[27:56] | Hey, Randall, uh… | 兰德尔… |
[27:59] | I’m having a-a girl. | 我有女儿了 |
[28:03] | A girl and a boy. We just found out. | 一对龙凤胎 我们刚知道 |
[28:10] | Congratulations, Kev. That’s great news. | 恭喜你 小凯 这可是个好消息 |
[28:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:14] | Yeah, you’re the first person I’ve told. | 其实 你是我告诉的第一个人 |
[28:20] | And I feel like, I don’t know, I feel like the boy, | 我感觉 说不清 男孩嘛 |
[28:22] | you know, I was a boy once, I can handle a boy, right? | 毕竟我自己就是过来人 我能管好男孩 对吗 |
[28:24] | But the girl, I… | 但女孩 我… |
[28:29] | So… | 所以… |
[28:32] | Anyway, you got any advice for me? | 不知道你有什么建议吗 |
[28:38] | You’ll let her get away with anything. | 你会对她百般娇惯 |
[28:42] | But her mom will be there to fix your mistakes. | 但她妈会帮你管她 |
[28:45] | Mom will probably be better at everything, honestly. | 实话说 妈妈或许方方面面都比爸爸强 |
[28:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:53] | Yeah, she probably will be. | 嗯 她应该会的 |
[28:57] | You know, in the strangest of ways… | 其实 虽然是误打误撞… |
[29:02] | I feel like I might have… | 但我感觉自己也许… |
[29:05] | really found someone really special, you know? | 真的找到了一个很特别的人 |
[29:17] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[29:22] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[29:25] | Happy birthday, Randall. | 生日快乐 兰德尔 |
[29:59] | You gonna keep staring at me, | 你就打算一直盯着我看 |
[30:00] | or you gonna tell me your name? | 而不告诉我你的名字吗 |
[30:03] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[30:05] | You gonna tell me your name? | 你愿意告诉我你的名字吗 |
[30:08] | – I’m Laurel. – William. | -我是罗瑞尔 -我是威廉 |
[30:11] | But around here they call me… | 但这里的人叫我… |
[30:13] | Shakespeare! | 莎士比亚 |
[30:15] | Shakespeare, it’s your stop. You’re home, kid. | 莎士比亚 你到站了 到家了 孩子 |
[30:18] | You getting off or what? | 你不下车吗 |
[30:20] | No, I’m not getting off. So just… keep going. | 不 我不下车 继续走吧 |
[30:52] | Hi, Randall. | 兰德尔 你好 |
[30:54] | Hi, Dr. Leigh. Uh, sorry to bother you. | 你好 利医生 抱歉打扰你了 |
[30:57] | I hope it’s an okay time to… | 希望你现在有空… |
[31:01] | No, of course. I-I saw your name, | 当然 没事 我看到是你 |
[31:04] | and I wanted to make sure everything was all right. | 就想确认下 你是不是一切都好 |
[31:08] | Yeah, no, everything’s all right. | 嗯 没错 一切都好 |
[31:13] | But… | 不过… |
[31:16] | When we first met, Dr. Leigh, | 利医生 我和你第一次见面时 |
[31:18] | you made a point of pointing out | 你提到了一点 |
[31:21] | just how few Black men seek you out for therapy. | 你说几乎没有黑人请你做治疗 |
[31:24] | It’s a “very small number,” were your words. | “概率非常低” 你当时这么说 |
[31:28] | I remember. | 我有印象 |
[31:31] | I made a conscious choice to start seeing | 我当初特意挑选了 |
[31:33] | a white female therapist. | 一位白人女性治疗师 |
[31:36] | I know that. | 我知道的 |
[31:38] | It’s complicated for me, | 我的感觉很复杂 |
[31:39] | and I can’t claim to understand it, | 甚至我自己也不能完全理解 |
[31:41] | but I– but I do know it. | 但我确实能感觉到 |
[31:44] | If that makes sense. | 不知我说清楚了没有 |
[31:50] | There are things, Dr. Leigh, | 有些事情 利医生 |
[31:52] | that I don’t feel comfortable talking to you about. | 我感觉不太方便跟你聊 |
[31:58] | There’s stuff I-I put away when I enter your office, | 当我走进你的办公室时 我会收起一些心事 |
[32:01] | and… | 而这… |
[32:03] | that doesn’t help me get better. | 对我没有帮助 |
[32:06] | And there’s nothing you can do to make me more comfortable. | 而且你也没办法帮助我 让我更加放松 |
[32:09] | I just… | 所以… |
[32:12] | I need something different. | 我需要试试不同的方法 |
[32:18] | I’m gonna make a change and find a black therapist. | 我想重新找一位黑人治疗师 |
[32:24] | And I just wanted to tell you that directly. | 我只是想亲口告诉你这件事 |
[32:29] | Randall, obviously your mental health is what’s important here, | 兰德尔 显然 你的心理健康是最重要的 |
[32:33] | and if that’s something that you’re feeling strongly about… | 如果这是你很想去做的… |
[32:36] | I completely respect any decision you make. | 我完全尊重你做的任何决定 |
[32:45] | I knew that the meal was important to you, so… | 我知道你很在意这顿晚餐 所以… |
[32:49] | I’m doing the best that I can. | 我尽力做到最好了 |
[32:52] | So be gentle in your critique. | 请温柔点批判 |
[33:04] | Is that what it’s gonna feel like… | 你说 今天这种感觉 |
[33:08] | when I eventually… | 就是我以后的… |
[33:10] | We don’t have to worry about that. | 我们不用担心这个 |
[33:12] | Not-not today. | 至少今天不用 |
[33:19] | – You know what’s so strange? – Hmm? | -你知道奇怪的是什么吗 -什么 |
[33:23] | I’m not worried about forgetting about the big stuff. | 我不担心忘掉那些大事 |
[33:30] | It’s the little things. | 我怕的是忘掉那些小事 |
[33:32] | It’s the… | 是… |
[33:35] | It’s the regular… | 孩子们还小的时候 |
[33:39] | Saturday when the kids were little. | 那些普通的周六 |
[33:45] | A day when nothing big really happens. J… | 一个没什么大事发生的日子… |
[33:49] | We were just there, a normal family, | 就一起待着 一个普通的家庭 |
[33:51] | like any other normal family. | 像其他普通的家庭一样 |
[33:54] | Laughing and talking and… | 笑着 聊着… |
[34:00] | …playing pin the tail on the donkey. | 玩贴驴尾巴的游戏 |
[34:10] | That’s the stuff I’m not ready to let go of yet. | 那是我还没准备好要忘记的东西 |
[34:15] | I want to show you something. | 我想给你看个东西 |
[34:19] | Come on. | 来 |
[34:20] | – Come on. – What… | -来 -什么… |
[34:31] | I chopped down the dead tree. | 我砍掉了那棵枯树 |
[34:34] | And I know that you said you wanted to plant a sapling… | 我知道你说你想种一颗树苗… |
[34:36] | …so that we could get fruit sooner, but, | 这样我们就能很快吃到水果了 但… |
[34:39] | I don’t know, it just seemed, um… too easy. | 这似乎太简单了 |
[34:43] | So, instead, I got these. | 所以 我买了这些 |
[34:50] | Now, these should bear fruit | 等到这些结出果实 |
[34:54] | in about… six to ten years. | 大概要六到十年后 |
[34:59] | Six to ten years? I don’t… | 六到十年 我不… |
[35:01] | I am not in a rush. | 我不着急 |
[35:04] | One day at a time. | 一天一天慢慢来 |
[35:07] | And then another… | 然后再一天 |
[35:09] | And then another. | 再一天… |
[35:12] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[35:14] | – I love you. – Thank you. | -我爱你 -谢谢 |
[35:23] | Guess what. | 猜猜看 |
[35:29] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[35:33] | I can’t stop thinking about what Randall said. | 我一直在想兰德尔说的话 |
[35:38] | I’ve been so oblivious. | 我居然从未察觉到 |
[35:44] | – What can I do? – Noth-Nothing. | -我能做点什么 -没事 |
[35:47] | That’s sweet, but I’m gonna have to | 你想帮忙这点很贴心 但我觉得 |
[35:49] | sit with these feelings a while. | 我得独自承受这些情绪一会儿 |
[35:54] | Well, we’ll just have to get it all right raising our children. | 我们养孩子们的时候注意就好 |
[35:58] | Yeah. Yes. | 是 好 |
[36:02] | Raising our children, | 我说养孩子们 |
[36:04] | – which is the plural of “Child.” – Mm-hmm. | -孩子们 复数 -是 |
[36:07] | Children. | 孩子们 |
[36:10] | Are you doing something confusing? | 你怎么怪怪的 |
[36:11] | ‘Cause I don’t– I don’t get it. | 因为我没… 听不懂 |
[36:12] | Apparently. Listen. | 我看出来了 听我说 |
[36:14] | I just got six messages from the adoption agency. | 我刚收到领养机构的六条消息 |
[36:18] | Kate, we have a match. | 凯特 我们匹配到了 |
[36:22] | Wh… | 什… |
[36:23] | What? | 什么 |
[36:25] | They found us a match. | 他们给我们找到匹配家庭了 |
[36:27] | – For real? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[36:30] | – We’re getting a baby? – We gettin’ a ba… | -我们要有孩子了 -我们要有… |
[37:21] | 抚养孩子 艾莉 33岁 | |
[37:36] | And another one. | 再来一块吧 |
[37:50] | I’m not having a breakdown, Beth. I’m really not. | 我没有精神崩溃 贝丝 真的没有 |
[37:55] | I’m healthier than I’ve been in years. | 我现在比过去几年都要健康 |
[38:00] | But what I’m dealing with at work, | 但我在工作中需要处理的事 |
[38:04] | and what we’re dealing with as a people, | 和我们在生活中需要处理的事 |
[38:07] | day after day… | 日复一日… |
[38:11] | – It’s just so tragic, Beth. – Mm-hmm. | -太让人难过了 贝丝 -我懂 |
[38:16] | So much loss. | 失去了太多 |
[38:22] | It’s just so sad. | 我很难受 |
[38:28] | I-I’m not falling apart. I’m not having a breakdown. | 我没有失控 也没有精神崩溃 |
[38:35] | I’m just really, really sad, baby. | 我只是真的真的很伤心 宝贝 |
[38:44] | When my dad was dying, I… | 我爸临死的时候 我… |
[38:48] | remember he said that it’s the tragedies | 我记得他说过 我们的人生 |
[38:50] | that define our lives. | 是由生命中的悲剧定义的 |
[38:55] | “They are the fence posts on which | “生命中的悲剧就像篱笆栏一样 |
[38:56] | the rest of our lives hang, baby girl.” | 串起了人生的其他部分 宝贝女儿” |
[39:01] | I always think about that. | 我经常会想起这句话 |
[39:04] | Like… | 就好像… |
[39:06] | our lives just hanging there, | 我们的生活就挂在那里 |
[39:10] | between these really sad fence posts. | 挂在那些极其悲伤的栅栏之间 |
[39:19] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[39:22] | You were born out of tragedy. | 你就是在悲剧中诞生的 |
[39:27] | Multiple tragedies. | 很多个悲剧 |
[39:33] | All that loss, all that sadness. | 你失去了那么多 背负着那么多悲伤 |
[39:40] | And look at what you’ve hung on your fence posts. | 可是看看你在栅栏之间挂上了什么 |
[39:44] | Look right in front of you. | 看看你眼前的一切 |
[39:46] | Right here in this room, and… | 看看这个房间里的一切… |
[39:50] | I mean, look what you did with all of that. | 看看你从悲剧之中创造出了什么 |
[39:57] | Do you see it? | 你看到了吗 |
[39:59] | I see it. | 我看到了 |
[40:02] | You are a beautiful, resilient man. | 你是个帅气而坚强的人 |
[40:08] | The world is a brilliant, resilient place. | 世界是一个精彩而顽强的地方 |
[40:13] | We fight on. | 我们要继续战斗下去 |
[40:18] | Darkest before dawn and all that? | 黎明前的黑暗之类的 |
[40:20] | Sourest lemons life has to offer. | 生活带给你柠檬般的酸楚 |
[40:22] | Okay, that’s your thing, you know what I mean? | 好了 那是你爱说的话 但你懂我意思吧 |
[40:23] | – I was doing my thing. – Mm-hmm. | -我在用我的方式说 -好的 |
[40:25] | Can we stay with my thing? | 能先按我的方式来吗 |
[40:26] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -好的 -很好 |
[40:29] | This pain is not forever. | 这种痛苦终会消散 |
[40:33] | This moment in time is not forever. | 这一刻的艰难不会永远存在 |
[40:37] | Nothing is forever, except us. | 没有什么是永恒的 除了我们 |
[40:45] | – We fight on. – We fight on. | -我们要继续战斗下去 -我们要继续战斗下去 |
[41:05] | – Be honest with me. – Hmm? | -跟我说实话 -说什么 |
[41:07] | You’re not, like, secretly expecting | 你没有在偷偷期待 |
[41:09] | – some big surprise party or anything? – Mm-mm, no. | -什么隆重的惊喜派对吧 -没有 |
[41:12] | All I need is in this room right now. | 我需要的一切都在这个房间里了 |
[41:17] | I think we could all use a year with no surprises. | 我觉得今年不需要更多”意料之外”了 |
[41:22] | – Mm. Yes. – Yeah. | -确实 -是啊 |
[41:25] | Let’s mark the time and call it in. | 记下死亡时间 打电话叫车来 |
[41:27] | We need to call the cops and Child Services, too. | 还要打电话给警察和儿童服务机构 |
[41:29] | This is a mess. | 这里真是一团糟 |
[41:31] | Sir, we’re gonna need you to wait here. | 先生 你得在这里等着 |
[41:36] | Where’d he go? | 他去哪了 |
[41:38] | I’ll let the cops figure out what to do about that. | 让警察来看看怎么处理吧 |
[41:50] | Wait. | 等等 |
[41:52] | Wait. I think I’ve got a pulse. | 等等 我好像摸到脉搏了 |