时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | How was football? | 橄榄球赛怎么样 |
[00:03] | Coach said we’ve got another Terry Bradshaw right here. | 教练说我们家这位是未来的特里·布拉德肖 |
[00:06] | Minus the hair loss. | 当然我肯定不会变秃 |
[00:07] | Ten… | 十 |
[00:08] | You really think it’s okay for Kev to be pumping iron? | 你真觉得小凯做重量训练没问题吗 |
[00:11] | Hey, I got this. | 交给我吧 |
[00:13] | I think I just got the part. | 我好像拿到那个角色了 |
[00:14] | I mean, pending a-a good meeting with the director, | 我是说 跟导演的会面进展顺利的话 |
[00:16] | I-I got the part. | 我就拿到这个角色了 |
[00:18] | I have a strong feeling about you guys. | 我觉得跟你们很有缘 |
[00:29] | I’m never leaving this bed. | 我绝对不要离开这张床 |
[00:32] | You cannot make me. | 谁说也没用 |
[00:33] | I think I got… | 我好像睡了… |
[00:36] | maybe two hours of sleep? | 大概两个小时 |
[00:39] | What? You got two whole hours? Who are you? | 什么 你睡了整整两个小时 你是谁啊 |
[00:46] | I’m so tired, | 我太累了 |
[00:47] | I can’t even remember the name of the guy from the fairy tale, | 我都想不起来那个童话故事里的人物角色 |
[00:52] | the one who sleeps for too long. Something… | 就是睡得很久的那个 叫什么… |
[00:56] | Something Von Something? | 什么·凡·什么 |
[00:57] | Hey, we-we can’t keep doing this. | 我们不能总这样了 |
[01:00] | Miguel and Shelly said we just got to let Kevin cry himself to sleep. | 米格尔和雪莉说我们得让凯文哭到自己睡着 |
[01:05] | I know, I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[01:10] | Maybe we just, maybe we just give it one more night? | 要不我们再坚持一个晚上 |
[01:13] | Babe, we’ve been saying that for months. | 我们已经坚持了好几个月 |
[01:16] | Look, how is Kevin gonna teach himself to sleep if every time he cries, | 要是凯文每次一哭 我们就马上抱他起来 |
[01:20] | we’re just, we’re rushing in there to pick him up? | 他怎么能学会哄自己睡觉 |
[01:23] | Rip Van Winkle. | 瑞普·凡·温克尔 |
[01:25] | Rip Van Winkle, | 瑞普·凡·温克尔 |
[01:26] | that’s the name of the guy from the fairy tale I couldn’t remember. | 我刚才想不起来的人物角色是这个 |
[01:30] | – Babe? – What? | -宝贝 -怎么 |
[01:31] | Tonight’s the night. | 就今晚吧 |
[01:33] | Tonight we let him cry it out. | 今晚我们让他自己睡着 |
[01:36] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[01:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:43] | Tonight’s the night. | 就是今晚 |
[01:54] | I got it. I got it. | 我来 我过去 |
[01:56] | You stay and take a nap. | 你再睡会儿 |
[02:13] | Kevin is going to literally explode. | 凯文再吃下去就要爆炸了 |
[02:16] | Coach says to bulk up, I have to eat 50 eggs a week. | 教练说要想壮起来 我得一周吃五十颗鸡蛋 |
[02:19] | “Nobody can eat 50 eggs.” | “没人能吃五十颗鸡蛋” |
[02:23] | Cool Hand Luke? | 《铁窗喋血》 |
[02:25] | Only one of the greatest movies of all– | 那么经典的电影… |
[02:28] | Tough room. | 你们太难搞了 |
[02:29] | Tough room. | 太难搞了 |
[02:32] | You okay, Kev? | 你还好吗 小凯 |
[02:34] | Yeah, I… woke up early to work out with Dad, | 没事 我很早起来跟爸爸健身 |
[02:36] | and I was up late memorizing the playbook. | 昨晚又复习战术图解到很晚 |
[02:39] | Okay, well, just don’t push it, bud. | 好吧 别让自己太辛苦了 宝贝 |
[02:41] | When I have to memorize stuff for a test, | 我准备考试要记东西的时候 |
[02:43] | I use rainbow flash cards. | 会用彩虹速记卡 |
[02:45] | The different colors help your brain retrieve the information. | 不同的颜色会帮助你的大脑接收信息 |
[02:48] | Ah, that’s really cool. | 好酷啊 |
[02:49] | It is? – No, you dork. | 是吧 -是你个头 |
[02:50] | It’s totally lame, like everything else you do. | 逊毙了 跟你做的其他事一样无聊 |
[02:52] | Kev, don’t knock it, all right? | 小凯 别泼凉水行吗 |
[02:54] | That is a straight-A system that Randall’s got right there. | 兰德尔这是保证能拿A的绝技 |
[02:57] | All right, school time. Let’s go, guys. | 好了 该去上学了 准备出发 |
[02:59] | Finish up. Get your book bags, okay? | 收拾一下 都拿好书包 |
[03:00] | – Let’s go. – Can you grab him…? | -走了 -你能不能去… |
[03:02] | Yeah, no, I got it. | 没问题 |
[03:02] | – Kev, I’m gonna pick you up after football today. – Wait. | -小凯 今天训练后我来接你 -等等 |
[03:04] | Lunches, Kev. | 拿上午餐 小凯 |
[03:06] | Randall, Bug. | 兰德尔 宝贝 |
[03:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:11] | – Jack. – Yeah. | -杰克 -怎么 |
[03:13] | Kevin is totally exhausted. | 凯文看起来特别累 |
[03:15] | Of course he’s exhausted. | 他当然累了 |
[03:15] | He’s working hard at something that he loves. | 他在为自己热爱的事物努力 |
[03:18] | Babe, it’s-it’s the best kind of exhausted. | 宝贝 这种累是最爽的 |
[03:22] | See you in a bit. | 晚点见 |
[03:28] | – Kevin. – Ava. | -凯文 -艾娃 |
[03:29] | – Oh, my God, Hi. – Hi. | -天哪 你好 -你好 |
[03:31] | It’s so good to finally meet you in person. This is great. | 很高兴终于能见到你本人了 太好了 |
[03:33] | I got to tell you, I’m beyond thrilled to finally get to work with you. | 我得说一句 终于能跟你合作 我太激动了 |
[03:36] | Thank you. Me, too. | 谢谢 我也是 |
[03:37] | You know what? I’m a little nervous to meet Foster. | 你知道吗 要见到福斯特了我有点紧张 |
[03:39] | I– his last film, right? | 他的上一部电影 |
[03:41] | I-I thought it was the greatest thing I’d seen all year. | 我觉得是今年最佳 |
[03:43] | Me, too. | 我也觉得 |
[03:43] | – I’m obsessed. I’ve seen it at least ten times. – Right? | -我太喜欢了 我至少看了十遍 -是吧 |
[03:46] | I have to ask, are we supposed to call him Jordan Martin Foster | 我问一下 我们是喊他乔丹·马丁·福斯特 |
[03:49] | or just Foster? | 还是福斯特 |
[03:50] | I have no– I-I’ve heard both. I don’t know what he likes. Yeah. | 不知道 我都听过 不知道他喜欢哪个 |
[03:52] | We’ll just feel it out, I guess. | 到时候感觉一下吧 |
[03:54] | We’ll find out. | 看看怎么叫 |
[03:56] | Hey, guys. | 二位好 |
[03:57] | Thank you for doing all the quarantining and testing. | 谢谢你们配合进行隔离和检测 |
[04:01] | Oh, I’ll text you when we’re done. | 结束之后我会联系你的 |
[04:02] | – Okay, thanks. See you later. – Thank you. | -好的 谢谢 回头见 -谢谢 |
[04:05] | Ava. | 艾娃 |
[04:07] | – Hi. – Oh, my God. | -你好 -我的天哪 |
[04:09] | I am so glad that you agreed to do this film. | 你能同意拍这部电影 我太开心了 |
[04:13] | I told the producer, | 我跟制片人说 |
[04:14] | I said, “If Ava says no, I’m not doing it either, | “要是艾娃不同意 我也不拍了” |
[04:17] | ’cause there would literally be no point.” | 因为没有她就毫无意义了” |
[04:19] | Oh, my God, ten pages into the script, | 我的天哪 我刚看了十页剧本 |
[04:22] | I called my agent and I was like, “I have to do this film. | 就打给经纪人说 “这部片子我演定了 |
[04:25] | I have to.” | 我演定了” |
[04:26] | So, thank you. | 所以 谢谢你 |
[04:31] | Yeah, I just… I feel the same way. | 对啊 我也有同感 |
[04:33] | You know? After your first film, I thought, | 你知道吗 看过你第一部电影 我就想 |
[04:35] | you know, any role this guy wants me to play, | 这人想让我演任何角色 |
[04:37] | I will do it, let alone a character like this. | 我都会演的 更别说是这样的角色了 |
[04:39] | You know, so complex, right? | 层次这么复杂 |
[04:41] | – Unpredictable in a movie… – Film. | -在这个片子里真是难以捉摸 -电影 |
[04:46] | Uh, it’s a film. | 这是一部电影 |
[04:49] | Anyway, let’s dig into the script, shall we? | 那我们就开始抠剧本吧 |
[04:52] | Uh, I would like to start with the two-hander scene between you guys, | 我想要从你们的双人场景开始 |
[04:54] | starting on page eight. | 从第八页开始 |
[05:01] | – Are you sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -我确定 |
[05:03] | ‘Cause once we sign these papers… | 因为只要我们在这些文件上签了字 |
[05:05] | Babe, it’s a birth plan, | 亲爱的 只是签个分娩计划书 |
[05:07] | it’s not a deal with the devil. Okay? | 不是跟恶魔做交易 好吗 |
[05:09] | Either party can change their mind at any time. | 双方都可以随时改主意 |
[05:11] | Yeah, don’t remind me. | 是 不用你提醒 |
[05:12] | We are totally at Ellie’s mercy here, | 我们只能完全听命于艾莉 |
[05:16] | until the baby is born. | 直到孩子出生 |
[05:17] | Even after the baby is born, we are at Ellie’s mercy. | 即使孩子出生之后 我们还得听命于她 |
[05:20] | Until she signs the relinquishment papers, | 直到她签字放弃抚养权 |
[05:22] | we are completely at Ellie’s… | 我们都得听命于 |
[05:24] | – mercy. – Mercy. I know. I know, Tobe. | -她 -她 我知道 小托 |
[05:26] | Well, Ellie is going to her ob-gyn appointment today | 今天艾莉要去做产检 |
[05:29] | and only one person can go, and she asked me to come, | 只有一个人能陪着去 她让我一起去 |
[05:32] | so, I don’t know, that’s got to be a-a good sign, right? | 这应该是个好征兆 对吧 |
[05:36] | Yes. Yes. | 是 是 |
[05:40] | Why do we call it an ob-gyn? | 我们为什么要简称妇产科医师 |
[05:41] | We don’t call a cardiologist a C-A-R-D | 我们不简称心脏病科医师 |
[05:44] | or a dermatologist a D-E-R-M. | 也不简称皮肤科医师 |
[05:47] | Okay, uh, will Serious Toby be watching the ultrasound on FaceTime? | 等在视频上看B超时你也打算这么严肃吗 |
[05:52] | Or will Funny Toby miss | 还是说你不打算把逗趣版托比 |
[05:54] | seeing Baby Chloe for the first time? | 展现给初次见面的克洛伊宝宝 |
[05:59] | Baby Chloe? | 克洛伊宝宝 |
[06:01] | So, have we decided to go with that name? | 我们已经决定选这个名字了吗 |
[06:05] | I think we have. | 我觉得是 |
[06:08] | Serious Toby is very excited. | 严肃版托比非常激动 |
[06:11] | It’s just hard to tell because he’s so serious. | 只是很难看出来 因为他很严肃 |
[06:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:17] | Mother, can we please go to the salon today? | 母亲 请问我们今天能去发廊吗 |
[06:19] | – My hair is a fright. – A fright? | -我的头发真是丑陋不堪 -丑陋不堪 |
[06:21] | Mom, I told you not to let her watch Little Women again. | 妈 我跟你说过别让她再看《小妇人》了 |
[06:24] | Okay. Politician’s dilemma: solid versus striped. | 政治家陷入了困境 选纯色还是条纹 |
[06:28] | Solid says I stand by my convictions. | 纯色表示我坚持我的信仰 |
[06:31] | Hmm. Striped says I represent my entire community. | 条纹表示我代表我的整个社区 |
[06:34] | It’s very cute, you want to look nice for your protégé. | 你想在门徒面前穿得好看的小心思很可爱 |
[06:36] | Honey, I prefer to think of him as my apprentice. Thank you. | 亲爱的 我更想把他只当作学徒 谢谢 |
[06:43] | Hey, Dej. | 小黛 |
[06:45] | Big day today. | 今天可是个大日子 |
[06:46] | Of all the people that Malik could have asked to shadow | 马利克去别人单位见习一天的作业 |
[06:49] | at work for his school project, who did he choose? | 有那么多人能选 最后偏偏选了谁呢 |
[06:52] | Hint: his name rhymes with Gandall Gearson, | 提示 名字跟甘德尔·吉尔森押韵 |
[06:57] | and he’s your gather… | 是你们老爸 |
[06:58] | It’s a civics assignment, | 那是公民学课的作业 |
[07:00] | and you’re the only city councilman in his COVID pod. | 你是他新冠互助组里唯一一个市议员 |
[07:02] | Who else is he gonna ask? | 他还能找谁呢 |
[07:03] | Your father and your boyfriend spending the entire day together. | 你爸爸和你男朋友要共处一整天 |
[07:08] | What could go wrong? | 能出什么问题呢 |
[07:10] | You’re enjoying this way too much. | 你得意忘形了 |
[07:12] | Something is wrong with you. | 你不对劲 |
[07:16] | – Hey, Malik. – Hey, Mrs. Pearson. | -马利克 -皮尔森太太 |
[07:18] | – Nice suit. – Thank you. | -西装不错 -谢谢 |
[07:20] | 8:06. Thought we said 8:00 sharp. | 8:06 我们不是约好八点整吗 |
[07:24] | – Oh. I-I’m sorry, Mr. Pearson. I’m… – I’m just messing with you, man. | -对不起 皮尔森先生 我 -逗你呢 |
[07:27] | Striped. It’s a good call. | 条纹 选得不错 |
[07:29] | And, look, thank you again for letting me do this. | 谢谢你同意让我见习 |
[07:31] | You know, I’ve lived in Philly my whole life, | 我一直生活在费城 |
[07:32] | so I am excited to see how the city runs. | 我很想看看这座城市是怎么运行的 |
[07:34] | Malik, it’s my pleasure. | 马利克 荣幸的是我 |
[07:37] | It’s my pleasure. | 荣幸的是我 |
[07:41] | – Okay, a couple things. – Mm-hmm? | -好了 我交待几件事 -什么 |
[07:43] | Don’t talk about us, okay? Don’t talk about me. | 别说我们的事 好吗 别说我的事 |
[07:46] | Don’t talk about you. | 也别说你的事 |
[07:48] | Actually, just don’t talk at all. | 算了 就别说话了 |
[07:51] | And good luck or whatever. | 那就祝你好运吧 |
[07:54] | You look good in that suit. | 你穿西装看起来不错 |
[07:56] | Okay, we are now officially seven minutes behind schedule. | 好了 我们现在已经晚了七分钟 |
[07:59] | That is seven minutes of problems that don’t get solved | 也就是说耽误了七分钟解决问题 |
[08:01] | because you were late, Malik. | 都是因为你迟到了 马利克 |
[08:02] | Let’s not make it eight. | 别再变成晚八分钟了 |
[08:05] | Gandall Gearson gout. | 甘德尔·吉尔森出门了 |
[08:19] | Kate and Randall are down. | 凯特和兰德尔睡着了 |
[08:21] | Yeah. Kevin, too, finally. | 凯文也终于睡着了 |
[08:23] | He fell asleep in my arms | 他是在我怀里睡着的 |
[08:25] | and then I managed to slide him into his crib without waking him up. | 我没吵醒他就把他哧溜一下放进了婴儿床 |
[08:30] | – It was a real pro move. – Such a pro move. | -手法真的很专业 -非常专业 |
[08:39] | Yeah, I should make sure that he’s in an okay position. | 我当时确认一下他姿势舒不舒服就好了 |
[08:41] | No, babe, babe, babe, come on. | 不 亲爱的 亲爱的 别去 |
[08:43] | W-We agreed we got to give him a chance to calm himself down. | 我们说好要让他自己安静下来的 |
[08:47] | He’ll stop. | 他会停下来的 |
[08:58] | How was practice? | 训练怎么样 |
[08:59] | Fine. | 就那样 |
[09:07] | Oh, hey, Coach. Hey. | 教练 你好 |
[09:08] | – How you doing? It’s good to see you. – Good to see you. | -你好 很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[09:10] | Hey, I, wanted to, uh, | 我想… |
[09:12] | I wanted to clear something up. | 我想要澄清一些事 |
[09:14] | I didn’t expect the boys to actually eat 50 eggs. | 我没想让孩子们真的吃五十个鸡蛋 |
[09:17] | It’s a line from a movie. | 那只是一部电影里的台词 |
[09:19] | Well, it sounds like what we’ve got here | 好吧 看来我们之间的沟通 |
[09:20] | is a failure to communicate. | 出了点问题 |
[09:22] | Clearly a man who knows his movies. | 看来你对电影很熟悉啊 |
[09:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:25] | We did have some bumps on the field today. | 不过今天球场上是有一点小插曲 |
[09:29] | – Kevin hasn’t got the playbook down. – Really? | -凯文没有记下比赛战术 -是吗 |
[09:32] | Well, he-he’s been studying real hard. | 他一直很努力学习 |
[09:36] | Well, to be honest, Kev’s probably not my biggest fan right now, | 说实话 小凯现在可能会对我有些意见 |
[09:39] | eh, Kevin? | 是吧 凯文 |
[09:40] | I was riding him pretty hard out there today. | 我今天对他相当严厉 |
[09:42] | He’s got something special, no doubt, | 毋庸置疑 他很有天赋 |
[09:44] | but he’s got to be willing to put in the work. | 但还得愿意付出努力才行 |
[09:45] | I have kids with half his talent running drills seven days a week. | 有些孩子只有他一半天赋 但他们天天训练 |
[09:50] | My son is up for it. | 我儿子愿意努力 |
[09:53] | Glad to hear it. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[09:53] | Allegheny College has a weekend QB camp | 阿勒格尼学院为七年级和八年级学生 |
[09:55] | for seventh and eighth graders right up in Meadville. | 开设四分卫周末训练营 就在米德维尔 |
[09:58] | Kev would be a great fit. | 非常适合小凯 |
[09:59] | But if I’m gonna recommend him for a spot… | 但如果要我推荐他去 |
[10:02] | – He’s got to put the work in. – He needs to earn it. Yes, sir. | -他还得付出努力 -是 要自己争取 |
[10:05] | He will. Right, Kevin? | 他会努力的 对吧 凯文 |
[10:08] | – Right. – Thanks, Jack. | -对 -谢谢你 杰克 |
[10:10] | Yeah. I’ll see you later, sport. | 好的 下次见 |
[10:19] | You got yourself into some trouble. | 你惹麻烦了 |
[10:21] | – I didn’t get myself into anything. – Okay. | -我没惹麻烦 -好吧 |
[10:24] | Why’d they call me? | 他们为什么打电话给我 |
[10:26] | To be honest, I have no idea. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[10:28] | – “To be honest”? – Yeah. | -“说实话” -对 |
[10:32] | Here’s the thing, when somebody says | 事实上 当一个人说 |
[10:35] | “To be honest” or “If I’m being honest with you” | “说实话”或是”我跟你实话实说吧” |
[10:38] | or “Honestly,” | 或是”说真的” |
[10:40] | it usually means they’re about ready to lie to you. | 通常意味着他们要对你撒谎 |
[10:42] | Okay, let’s, let’s hold there, for a second. | 好的 先在这停一下 |
[10:46] | Ava, excellent. | 艾娃 你非常棒 |
[10:49] | You are giving him as little as possible, | 你给他的回应极尽收敛 |
[10:51] | but you’re giving me everything that I need. | 但在我看来恰到好处 |
[10:55] | And… okay. | 然后 好 |
[10:58] | Let’s just take it back to the top of the scene. | 我们回到这场戏的开头 |
[11:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:04] | Yeah. Sure, okay. | 好的 没问题 |
[11:10] | Got yourself into some trouble. | 你惹麻烦了 |
[11:12] | I didn’t get myself into anything. | 我没惹麻烦 |
[11:15] | So why’d they call me? | 那他们为什么打电话给我 |
[11:16] | To be honest, I have no idea. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[11:20] | – “To be honest.” – Yeah. | -“说实话” -对 |
[11:21] | Hang-hang, hang on. | 等等 等一下 |
[11:24] | – Kevin. – Uh-huh? | -凯文 -怎么了 |
[11:26] | Just, just take it back a couple lines. | 回到前几句台词 |
[11:28] | Sure. Sure. | 好的 好的 |
[11:38] | So why’d they call me? | 那他们为什么打电话给我 |
[11:40] | To be honest, I have no idea. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[11:41] | – “To be honest.” – Yeah. | -“说实话” -对 |
[11:42] | One more time? | 再来一次 |
[11:49] | Then why’d they call me? | 那他们为什么打电话给我 |
[11:50] | – To be honest, I have no idea. – “To be honest”? | -说实话 我不知道 -“说实话” |
[11:52] | Can I get that last line again? | 能把最后一句台词再说一遍吗 |
[11:53] | You know, I just– if you want to give me a specific detail… | 我… 你是不是想给我些具体的… |
[11:54] | No, no. Stay in the scene, please stay… | 不 你要入戏 拜托别出戏 |
[11:55] | I’m trying to stay in the scene, but you keep… | 我很努力不出戏 但你一直 |
[11:57] | interrupting me. | 打断我 |
[11:59] | Believe me, Kevin, | 相信我 凯文 |
[12:01] | I wish I didn’t have to interrupt. | 我也希望不用打断你 |
[12:05] | Good to… All right. | 那还真是… 好吧 |
[12:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:12] | Um, just from the same… pickup. | 还是从同一个地方 接下去 |
[12:17] | We’re hearing from a lot of renters about evictions, | 很多租客表示遭到了驱逐 |
[12:20] | but we’re also getting a lot of complaints from landlords | 但也有很多房东就租客拖欠租金 |
[12:23] | – about delinquent rents. – Yeah. | -提出投诉 -好的 |
[12:25] | Let’s finalize the language on our motion and get it to the council. | 最后敲定一下提议的措词 把它交给议会 |
[12:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:34] | We keeping you up, Malik? | 我们没让你昏昏欲睡吧 马利克 |
[12:35] | No. Sorry. | 没有 对不起 |
[12:36] | Oh, unfortunately, I won’t be able to shoot your livestream today. | 不巧 我今天不能帮你拍摄直播了 |
[12:40] | I’ve got a budget meeting at the same time. | 我在同一时段有个预算会议 |
[12:42] | All right. We livestream a daily community bulletin. | 好吧 我们每天都会直播社区简报 |
[12:46] | I cover local news and answer questions from constituents. | 我会谈及本地新闻 还会回答选民的问题 |
[12:49] | Oh, yeah, I know. That’s the one Deja watches every day. | 对 我知道 黛佳每天都看 |
[12:52] | She watches every day? | 她每天都看吗 |
[12:54] | – I am a dead man for telling you that. – Oh, definitely. | -让你知道了 那我可惨了 -你死定了 |
[12:57] | Better call your lawyer and draw up a will. | 最好给你的律师打个电话 立个遗嘱 |
[13:01] | Hey, Malik. | 马利克 |
[13:03] | How would you like to cover the bulletin today? | 你愿意帮忙拍摄今天的简报吗 |
[13:05] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我吗 -对 |
[13:07] | You’re one of the more capable young humans I’ve met. | 你是我见过的最有能力的年轻人之一 |
[13:10] | We’ll set you up at a desk outside | 你到时候就在外侧的桌子那里 |
[13:11] | and you just have to make sure the livestream starts and ends on cue. | 只需要确保直播能准时开始和结束 |
[13:14] | – Sound good? – Uh, yeah, yeah, yeah. For sure. I’m on it. | -没问题吧 -没问题 交给我了 |
[13:17] | Thank you, Malik. | 谢谢你 马利克 |
[13:18] | Uh, let’s just make sure | 提醒一下 |
[13:19] | to get a camera angle that doesn’t go right up his nose. | 摄像机不要正对着他的鼻子 |
[13:21] | I don’t need to be reminded, Jae-won. | 我不需要你提醒我 在元 |
[13:23] | I read all the comments. | 所有的评论我都看了 |
[13:24] | Never read the comments! | 别看评论 |
[13:29] | This probably sounds insane, | 这个想法可能有点蠢 |
[13:30] | but did you ever wonder what the ultrasound jelly tastes like? | 但你们想没想过尝尝超声波凝胶的味道 |
[13:33] | Yes. | 想过 |
[13:34] | Every time that we’re here. | 我们每次来都想 |
[13:35] | I know. | 对吧 |
[13:37] | Oh, uh, speaking of eating, | 说到吃东西 |
[13:38] | Ellie, do you think you maybe want to have lunch with me after this? | 之后你想跟我一块吃午饭吗 艾莉 |
[13:42] | Yeah, I’d love to. | 好 可以啊 |
[13:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:45] | Here she is. | 她在这里 |
[13:46] | Looking great. | 看起来状态很好 |
[13:48] | Heartbeat is strong. | 心跳有力 |
[13:50] | There she is. | 她在那 |
[13:53] | There’s Chloe. | 那就是克洛伊 |
[14:08] | Well, it’s a good thing | 值得欣慰的是 |
[14:09] | Randall and Kate are such heavy sleepers, huh? | 兰德尔和凯特睡得很沉 对吗 |
[14:12] | This-this-this isn’t normal crying, Jack. | 这哭声不正常 杰克 |
[14:13] | He’s never cried like this before. | 他以前从没这样哭过 |
[14:16] | Maybe something’s wrong. Maybe he’s hurt. | 可能出了什么问题 也许他受伤了 |
[14:17] | Miguel and Shelly said he’s… | 米格尔和雪莉说他… |
[14:19] | Enough with Miguel and Shelly. | 别提米格尔和雪莉了 |
[14:21] | Who made them experts, anyway? | 再说他们怎么就成专家了 |
[14:22] | Their kids are train wrecks! | 他们把孩子养得一团糟 |
[14:25] | What’s so funny? | 你笑什么 |
[14:27] | That’s, | 那… |
[14:28] | that’s the sound of our son being emotionally traumatized for life. | 咱们儿子得遭受精神折磨才能发出这种声音 |
[14:31] | Rebecca, do you remember this morning when we said, | 丽贝卡 你记得今早我们说过 |
[14:33] | “Tonight’s the night”? We held hands and… | “就是今晚” 我们拉着手… |
[14:35] | Yeah, I-I don’t care what I said this morning, | 对 但我不管自己早上说了什么 |
[14:36] | because I didn’t know then that he’d be crying | 因为当时我没想到他会 |
[14:39] | like a maniac for a half hour. | 像疯了一样连哭半小时 |
[14:41] | It’s been six minutes. | 刚过了六分钟 |
[14:43] | No way. | 不可能 |
[14:45] | – What? – Look, I know this hurts. | -什么 -我知道你心里不好受 |
[14:47] | I know it hurts, babe, but, | 我知道你难受 宝贝 但 |
[14:49] | but don’t you want him to show that crib who’s boss? | 但你不想让他征服那个婴儿床吗 |
[14:53] | No. I don’t care. | 不 无所谓了 |
[14:55] | I’m sorry, I have to go in there. | 抱歉 我得进去看看 |
[15:06] | Is everything all right? | 一切顺利吗 |
[15:08] | Yeah, just a few bumps at practice. | 嗯 只是练习过程中遇到了点困难 |
[15:10] | But we’ll run some drills after dinner, I’ll find the problems. | 但我们晚饭后可以训练 我会找出问题所在 |
[15:13] | I just got home from practice, Dad. | 我才训练完回家 爸 |
[15:15] | It’s fine, Kev, you can take the night off. | 没关系 小凯 你晚上可以休息 |
[15:17] | No, he can’t, okay? The coach said the other kids… | 不可以 教练说其他孩子… |
[15:20] | I don’t care what Coach says. | 我才不在乎教练说什么 |
[15:27] | I’m gonna quit. | 我要退出 |
[15:28] | No. | 不行 |
[15:29] | Kev, you’re not gonna quit. | 小凯 你不能退出 |
[15:31] | All right? You’re the quarterback. | 好吗 你是四分卫 |
[15:33] | You made a commitment to that team. | 你已经投身于这个团队了 |
[15:35] | You don’t just quit the second something starts to feel tough. | 不能遇到一点挫折就选择退出 |
[15:39] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[15:47] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[15:53] | You should have talked to me | 你在做这种决定之前 |
[15:54] | before making a decision like that. | 应该征求我的意见 |
[15:56] | Wh– You seriously want to let him quit? | 什么 你真打算让他退出吗 |
[15:59] | After h-having one rough day? | 只因为这一天的训练太苦 |
[16:01] | He’s clearly miserable, okay? | 他明显心情很糟 好吗 |
[16:04] | I’m-I’m gonna go up there and tell him | 我要上楼告诉他 |
[16:05] | if he doesn’t want to play anymore, he doesn’t have to. | 如果他不想打球了 他就没必要继续 |
[16:07] | Rebecca, I’m strongly asking you not to do that. | 丽贝卡 我强烈请求你不要那么做 |
[16:13] | You about ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[16:14] | I want to squeeze in a quick jog after this. | 完事后我想抽空去慢跑一圈 |
[16:16] | – Yeah, it’s looking like we’re good to go. – Great. | -嗯 随时可以开始 -很好 |
[16:19] | I will count you down to start the livestream. | 我会倒计时提示你开始直播 |
[16:21] | And you just let the bulletin play until you hear me say… | 然后你一直等到我说… |
[16:23] | “Thank you for your time, Philadelphia. | “感谢费城各位观众的陪伴” |
[16:25] | We’ll talk again tomorrow.” | “我们明天再聊” |
[16:27] | Just get the hell out of here, man. | 滚出去吧 |
[16:29] | These are trucks that can drive right in | 我们会安排卡车直接开进来 |
[16:31] | and set up safe, clean testing sites… | 设立安全 卫生的检测点… |
[16:33] | Dad’s doing his bulletin. | 爸在做简报 |
[16:35] | Uh, we’re trying different spots around town, | 我们会在城里的不同区域设置试点 |
[16:36] | so check my website for an updated list. | 登录我们的网站可以看到更新列表 |
[16:39] | So, food banks are starting to see… | 还有 由于天气变化… |
[16:42] | …bumps in need as the weather changes. | 最近救济站需求增大 |
[16:44] | Donations are always appreciated. | 我们欢迎大家进行捐赠 |
[16:47] | But please know that everyone in this office | 但请大家记住 政府的每一分子 |
[16:49] | is working to make sure that nobody in our community… | 都在尽最大努力确保社区的每个人… |
[16:51] | Hey, Mom, I’m still at city hall. | 妈 我还在市政厅 |
[16:54] | I read every message… | 我看了所有留言… |
[16:56] | Uh, no, no, she-she was fine this morning. | 不不 她早上还挺好的 |
[16:58] | I know that folks are struggling right now. | 我知道大家目前过得很艰苦 |
[17:01] | Look, I-I left a teething ring in the freezer. | 我在冰柜里放了一个磨牙圈 |
[17:06] | At a time when my birth father didn’t have a family, | 曾几何时 我的生父没有家人 |
[17:11] | this community was his family. | 这个社区就是他的家 |
[17:16] | When I’m having a hard day at work | 当我工作不顺利 |
[17:17] | or get frustrated that things aren’t moving fast enough, | 或因事情进展缓慢而感到沮丧时 |
[17:21] | I remind myself that I am doing this for him. | 我就会提醒自己一切都是为了他 |
[17:26] | I’m doing this for William Hill. | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[17:29] | Because you all were his family. | 因为你们都曾是他的家人 |
[17:32] | Which means that you’re my family, too. | 也就是说各位都是我的家人 |
[17:37] | I’m not gonna cry today. | 我今天不会哭 |
[17:38] | I know a lot of you like to take bets on that, so… | 我知道很多人喜欢用这事打赌 所以… |
[17:43] | Thanks for your time, Philadelphia. | 感谢费城各位观众的陪伴 |
[17:44] | We’ll talk again tomorrow. | 我们明天再聊 |
[17:50] | All right. | 完事了 |
[17:54] | Yeah, no, okay. Listen, um… | 嗯 不 好的 听我说… |
[17:55] | – Malik, – If she starts crying again, | -马利克 -如果她还哭 |
[17:56] | I’m gonna change and go for that run. | 我要换衣服去跑步了 |
[17:57] | just give her some baby Tylenol. | 就给她吃点小儿泰诺 |
[17:59] | But remember to check the dosage, please. | 但记得看好剂量 |
[18:02] | I know you know. | 我知道你知道 |
[18:07] | Uh, Beth? | 贝丝 |
[18:08] | Hold on, hon, I’m just in the middle of something. | 稍等 宝贝 我正在忙 |
[18:11] | Uh, o-okay, but Randall’s taking his clothes off | 好 可是兰德尔现在 |
[18:13] | in front of the whole city of Philadelphia. | 正对着整个费城脱衣服呢 |
[18:15] | Mom? Dad’s getting naked! | 妈 爸爸快脱光了 |
[18:17] | What? | 什么 |
[18:21] | Oh, my G– Tess, call your father. | 我的天 苔丝 快给你爸打电话 |
[18:27] | *First you fold the left* | *你先折好了左边* |
[18:29] | *Then you fold the right* | *接着折好右边* |
[18:32] | *Bring the hem to the shoulder* | *然后叠到肩膀处* |
[18:36] | *And press it tight* | *把它压实* |
[18:38] | *Press it tight, mm, yeah* | *把它压实了* |
[18:42] | He’s not answering. | 他没接 |
[18:43] | Of course he can’t see his phone, he’s too busy… dancing. | 他当然不会看手机 他正忙着跳舞呢 |
[18:46] | Mm-mm, girl, that’s not dancing. | 闺女 那可不是跳舞 |
[18:48] | I don’t know what that is, but that is not dancing. | 我也不知道这叫什么 但绝对不是跳舞 |
[18:50] | Mom, I want to watch. | 妈妈 我也想看 |
[18:51] | Hey, hey, hey. Annie, you know what? | 安妮 你知道吗 |
[18:53] | There’s some things you can’t unsee, baby, | 有些东西你看了会恨不得自己没看过 |
[18:55] | and this is one of them, all right? | 就像这个 明白吗 |
[18:56] | All right, all right, bye. | 好的好的 再见 |
[18:58] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[19:03] | Hey, Dej, what’s up? | 小黛 怎么了 |
[19:10] | Sh… | 该死 |
[19:16] | I know. I know. | 我知道我不该去 |
[19:18] | I just, I-I think he needed to know that he wasn’t alone. | 我只是想让他知道有人陪着他呢 |
[19:21] | That’s all. | 没别的意思 |
[19:29] | He is a child. | 他还是个孩子 |
[19:31] | He is a child playing a game. It’s supposed to be fun. | 小孩子打比赛而已 应该是件开心的事 |
[19:34] | – Here we go. – Here we go what? | -又来了 -什么又来了 |
[19:36] | You’ve been doing this to him his entire life. | 他从小你就这么对他 |
[19:39] | The second he starts to complain about something being too hard, | 他只要一抱怨什么事太难了 |
[19:42] | you let him off the hook. | 你就允许他放弃了 |
[19:44] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[19:46] | Guitar lessons, uh, Boy Scouts. | 就像上吉他课 还有参加童子军 |
[19:49] | Oh, I’m sorry, our-our six-year-old got tired of tying knots all day, | 抱歉 他当时才六岁 不想成天打绳结 |
[19:53] | so I let him bail on Boy Scouts. Put me in mom jail. | 所以我让他退出童子军了 我就成坏妈妈了 |
[19:56] | You just, you can be really easy on him. | 你就是对他太纵容了 |
[19:59] | And it’s made him a little… | 这让他变得有点… |
[20:04] | What? It’s made him what? | 怎样 让他变得怎样了 |
[20:06] | Soft. | 软弱 |
[20:08] | It’s made him soft. | 让他变软弱了 |
[20:22] | Hey, nerd, tell me how your stupid rainbow system works. | 书呆 教我用下你的傻瓜彩虹速记卡吧 |
[20:25] | Very funny. But whatever the trick is, | 真好笑 不过不管你想耍什么花样 |
[20:28] | I’m not falling for it. | 我都不会上当的 |
[20:30] | For real. | 我说真的 |
[20:38] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[20:40] | I keep messing up the plays. | 我老是记不住球场的战术 |
[20:42] | Please? | 求你了 |
[20:53] | Hey, Foster. | 福斯特 |
[20:54] | Or, uh, Jordan Martin Foster or JMF? | 乔丹·马丁·福斯特 或者乔导 |
[20:59] | I don’t know what– I don’t know what you… | 我不知道 不知道你… |
[21:00] | I don’t know what you want to be called. | 我不确定你喜欢哪个称呼 |
[21:03] | Is that what you waited around to ask me? | 你等我半天就是为了问这个吗 |
[21:06] | No. No. I-I, um… | 不是 我… |
[21:10] | Uh, you were pretty rough on me in there. | 你刚才对我挺严厉的 |
[21:11] | You know? And I was, I was just wondering | 所以我就想来问问 |
[21:13] | if you had any specific feedback for me | 你能否给我点具体建议呢 |
[21:15] | so that I could, you know… | 这样我才可以… |
[21:17] | I want to give you what you want, in the scene. | 我希望演出你想要的效果 |
[21:21] | I didn’t realize you were the kind of guy | 我没意识到原来你是那种 |
[21:22] | that needs an attaboy. | 需要被夸你真棒的人 |
[21:25] | – No, no, it’s… – Look, look, today | -没有 只是… -听我说 |
[21:28] | I learned that you are a good actor. | 我今天知道了 你是个不错的演员 |
[21:31] | And there’s nothing wrong with being a good actor. | 当一个不错的演员当然没什么问题 |
[21:34] | And when you die, people will say, | 在你去世后 人们会说 |
[21:36] | “Oh, yeah, I remember him. He was good.” | “我记得他 他演得不错” |
[21:41] | Or you could be one of the greats. | 但你也可以成为一名杰出的演员 |
[21:44] | Now, here’s the good news, Kevin: you get to decide. | 好消息是 选择权在你手上 |
[21:47] | Is today as close as you get to greatness… | 今天会是你最靠近杰出的一次吗… |
[21:51] | or do you come back tomorrow? | 还是你明天会继续突破自己 |
[21:57] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[22:14] | Okay, I’m really, really scared that I tanked it in there | 我很担心我刚才是不是把事情搞砸了 |
[22:18] | when I called the baby Chloe. | 不该叫宝宝克洛伊 |
[22:20] | It was totally insensitive. | 我太不近人情了 |
[22:23] | You know, I can’t even imagine | 我都无法想象 |
[22:24] | the thousands of emotions that you’re feeling, | 你心里那些错综复杂的感受 |
[22:26] | and then I go naming her and… | 我却直接给她取了名字… |
[22:30] | But, Ellie, are you… | 不过 艾莉 |
[22:32] | are you having second thoughts? | 你是不是有点不确定了 |
[22:36] | Look, it… caught me by surprise. | 刚才我确实有点吃惊 |
[22:39] | The name. | 那个名字 |
[22:42] | This is all a lot for me. | 这一切对我来说都是挑战 |
[22:44] | Yeah, of course it is. | 是 我能理解 |
[22:51] | Kate, I told you that my husband died. | 凯特 我跟你说过我丈夫去世了 |
[22:55] | We met in tenth grade. | 我们是高二的时候认识的 |
[22:57] | But it took him a long time to ask me out. | 但是过了很久他才约我出去 |
[23:00] | And even when he did, it was going… slow. | 就算开始约会后 进展也还是很慢 |
[23:03] | We barely kissed. | 我们都没怎么接过吻 |
[23:05] | So, one day we go to the beach, | 然后 有一天我们去海边玩 |
[23:07] | and I decide, you know what, I’m just gonna take charge. | 那天我决定 我要主动出击 |
[23:10] | And I pull my T-shirt off, | 我脱掉了T恤 |
[23:13] | and I’m standing there in my cute bikini top, | 穿着性感的比基尼上衣站在那里 |
[23:16] | and he is just staring at my chest, | 然后他就一直盯着我的胸部 |
[23:18] | like, confused, and he’s like, | 满脸困惑地说 |
[23:21] | “Wait, you don’t have a big hairy birthmark on your chest | “等等 你胸上不是应该有一块长毛的 |
[23:24] | in the shape of South America?” | 南美洲形状的大胎记吗” |
[23:26] | What? | 什么 |
[23:28] | All year, his bio lab partner had been telling him | 原来过去一年 他生物实验室的搭档 |
[23:30] | these crazy stories about me. | 一直在向他疯狂造我的谣 |
[23:33] | And the lab partner… | 而他的实验搭档… |
[23:35] | her name was Chloe Penner. | 就叫克洛伊·佩纳 |
[23:38] | No. | 不会吧 |
[23:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:42] | Yeah. | 就是这么巧 |
[23:44] | So look, you… you deserve to name this baby | 所以 你有权给这个孩子 |
[23:47] | whatever you want. | 取任何你想要的名字 |
[23:50] | But does it have to be Chloe? | 但非得叫克洛伊吗 |
[24:01] | One time. | 就一次 |
[24:05] | I went out just one time… | 在道格去世两年后 |
[24:08] | two years after Doug died. | 我就约会过那么一次 |
[24:15] | A few months ago, I… | 几个月前 我… |
[24:17] | decided that I couldn’t have this baby, | 我决定了 不能留下这个孩子 |
[24:20] | and I made an appointment to have an abortion. | 于是预约了堕胎手术 |
[24:24] | And I got as far as the parking lot at the clinic. | 我当时都到了诊所的停车场 |
[24:29] | And I know that some people have very strong feelings about… | 我知道有些人对于堕胎是强烈反对的…. |
[24:32] | I’m not judging you at all. | 我完全没有看不起你 |
[24:36] | For me… | 对我来说… |
[24:38] | that wasn’t the right choice. | 那不是正确的选择 |
[24:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[24:41] | So, am I having second thoughts? | 所以 你问我是不是有点不确定 |
[24:45] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[24:47] | About pretty much my entire life. | 我这辈子就是不确定着过来的 |
[24:52] | Except this. | 但这件事除外 |
[24:55] | Except you and Toby. | 对你和托比我没有顾虑 |
[24:57] | About that I am sure. | 这一点上我很确定 |
[25:00] | Hundred percent sure, Kate. | 百分之百确定 凯特 |
[25:08] | Mr. Pearson, I am so… | 皮尔森先生 我真的很… |
[25:11] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[25:22] | I’m sure at your age… | 我知道对你们这个年纪的孩子来说 |
[25:25] | city hall’s a bit boring. | 市政厅有点无聊 |
[25:27] | But you asked to shadow me, Malik. | 但这事是你主动要求做的 马利克 |
[25:31] | The work we do here is serious. | 我们在这里的工作很严肃 |
[25:34] | I expected you to take it seriously. | 我本希望你能认真对待 |
[25:37] | Not show up late, yawn your way through it, | 而不是迟到 一直打哈欠 |
[25:40] | and forget to do the most important part of the one thing I asked you to do. | 还忘记我唯一交代你的 最重要的一件事 |
[25:45] | I know. I-I messed up. | 我知道 我搞砸了 |
[25:48] | I did. | 真的 |
[25:51] | But… | 但是… |
[25:53] | Mr. Pearson, do you know what time I had to be up this morning | 皮尔森先生 你知道我今天早上要几点起床 |
[25:57] | to get to your place only six minutes late? | 才能只晚六分钟到你家吗 |
[26:02] | 4:30. | 四点半 |
[26:04] | I usually get up at 5:00, so that I can make sure | 我平时是五点起床 这样我才能确保 |
[26:07] | that I prepare all of Janelle’s meals for the day, | 有时间准备詹妮尔一天的食物 |
[26:10] | do her laundry, wash all her bottles, | 帮她洗好衣服 洗好奶瓶 |
[26:13] | all before she gets up at 6:00. | 在她六点起床前做好一切 |
[26:16] | Today I had to pack a lunch | 今天我还得打包一份午饭 |
[26:18] | and iron my shirt, so 4:30. | 熨我的衬衫 所以我四点半就起床了 |
[26:22] | This stuff is not boring at all. | 这些事情一点都不无聊 |
[26:25] | But I have a daughter. | 但我有个女儿 |
[26:30] | What she needs… | 她的需求… |
[26:33] | it always comes first. | 高于一切 |
[26:36] | Even if that means making the things that I want for myself | 就算这意味着 当我想做自己的事情时 |
[26:39] | that much harder. | 会更加艰难 |
[26:48] | I was 17 when I lost my father. | 我父亲去世时 我才17岁 |
[26:53] | And I felt like I owed it to my family to make my dreams smaller. | 我当时觉得要缩小自己的梦想 才对得起家人 |
[27:00] | More practical. | 让梦想更现实一点 |
[27:03] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[27:06] | Listen to me when I say this. | 这话你好好听着 |
[27:09] | Do not make your dreams smaller. | 不要让你的梦想变小 |
[27:11] | Make ’em bigger. | 反而要更大 |
[27:13] | Not in spite of your daughter. | 你的女儿不是你的阻碍 |
[27:15] | For her. | 而是你的动力 |
[27:23] | I-I appreciate that, Mr. Pearson. | 多谢您说这番话 皮尔森先生 |
[27:26] | I don’t think the size of my dreams need to be worried about, though. | 但我觉得 我梦想的大小不需要太担心 |
[27:30] | I get straight A’s. | 我各科成绩都是优秀 |
[27:32] | I’m going to go to an Ivy League college and major in business. | 我会去一所常春藤盟校 主修商科 |
[27:35] | Then I’m gonna go to culinary school, | 然后我会去上烹饪学校 |
[27:36] | so that I can open up the first restaurant | 这样我就可以开出费城第一家 |
[27:39] | in Philadelphia history to get three Michelin stars. | 米其林三星餐厅 |
[27:42] | Well, damn. Okay. | 不错啊 你小子挺行 |
[27:45] | Seems like your dreams are of the perfectly appropriate size. | 看来你的梦想大小非常合适 |
[27:51] | Wh-What I do need, though, | 不过 我真正需要的 |
[27:53] | is a killer internship | 是一份过硬的实习履历 |
[27:57] | for these college applications. | 用来填我的大学申请表 |
[28:00] | I was thinking maybe city hall? | 所以我想 也许可以来市政厅试试 |
[28:05] | I think that can be arranged. | 我觉得这事可以安排 |
[28:06] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[28:09] | You-you know Deja’s gonna lose her mind, right? | 你知道黛佳绝对会疯掉的 对吧 |
[28:10] | Oh, I’m counting on it, bruh. | 这是肯定的 小子 |
[28:25] | No, no, no. Out of my way, Jack. | 不不不 你别拦我 杰克 |
[28:27] | Can’t do that. | 恕难从命 |
[28:28] | What we’re doing isn’t working. | 我们不能继续这么下去 |
[28:30] | I can’t move from this door, as much as I want to. | 我不能让你过去 尽管我也很想去看看他 |
[28:34] | Just… | 你就… |
[28:35] | a little longer. | 再等一会儿吧 |
[28:51] | – All right, you ready? – Yeah. | -好了 你准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[28:53] | – Same ones? – Same ones. | -还是之前那些吗 -没错 |
[28:56] | Pro-right split, | 后卫阵型 略作变化 |
[28:57] | 897 F motion right… | 奔跑模式897 后卫向右 |
[29:01] | – option zone? – You got it! | -确认进攻 -你答对了 |
[29:03] | – That’s ten in a row. – Yes. | -你已经连续答对十个了 -好 |
[29:05] | – Okay, let’s do ten more. – Okay. | -咱们再来十个吧 -行 |
[29:14] | Hey, Kev. | 小凯 |
[29:15] | Well, I had the worst first day with this new director. | 我今天头一回给新导演试戏 郁闷透顶 |
[29:18] | I feel like he put me in a bag | 感觉我被他套进袋子里 |
[29:19] | and just beat me with a baseball bat. | 用棒球棍揍了一顿 |
[29:21] | Why would he put you in a bag? | 他为什么要把你套进袋子里 |
[29:23] | Why wouldn’t he beat you up outside of the bag? | 不能在袋子外面揍你吗 |
[29:25] | No, because when you’re in the bag, | 因为当你人在袋子里时 |
[29:26] | you don’t know where he’s hitting you. | 你不知道他会打哪里 |
[29:27] | You know, just random spots all over the body. | 就是说 全身上下都被乱打一通 |
[29:29] | So you don’t know where the next blow’s gonna land. | 不知道接下来会给哪里狠狠一击 |
[29:33] | I mean, are you sure working with him is even worth it? | 你确定拍他的戏真的值得吗 |
[29:37] | Um, maybe, uh, I… | 也许… |
[29:43] | I’ve been thinking a lot about Mom, you know? | 我最近总想起妈妈 |
[29:45] | She’s-she’s stuck out there at that cabin. | 她就一直这么闷在那间木屋里 |
[29:47] | She’s using her phone to stay connected to the family, | 只能靠打电话和家人们取得联系 |
[29:49] | and I just thought… | 我就在想 |
[29:52] | how nice it would be to do something really great. | 要是能做出点成绩来该多好啊 |
[29:56] | Like take her to the Oscars. | 比如带她去奥斯卡颁奖礼 |
[29:59] | Or, like, to win an Oscar, | 或者直接拿座奥斯卡 |
[30:00] | and then I could stand up in front of everyone | 这样我就能站在全世界面前 |
[30:01] | and just thank her for everything she did for me. | 感谢她为我做过的一切 |
[30:05] | I’d like to do that while she can still remember. | 我想趁她还能记得时实现 |
[30:11] | First I got to give a performance that’s not so tired. | 但首先 我得让我的表演别那么平淡 |
[30:15] | Kev. | 小凯 |
[30:21] | Kate, come on, I’m too tired for subtext. Just tell me. | 凯特 我太累了听不动潜台词 你直接说吧 |
[30:25] | Your big fight with Randall– | 你跟兰德尔闹翻的那次 |
[30:27] | I mean, didn’t he say that your acting was tired? | 他是不是说过你的表演平淡无奇 |
[30:29] | This has nothing to do with Randall, Kate, all right? | 这事跟兰德尔完全没关系 好吗 |
[30:31] | This has… | 这事 |
[30:33] | nothing to do with him | 跟他完全没关系 |
[30:35] | You know, I had a… conversation with him | 我之前跟他谈了一次话 |
[30:38] | on, um, our birthday. | 就是生日那天 |
[30:41] | And he said some things | 他说了一些话 |
[30:43] | that I just can’t stop thinking about. | 让我没法不去在意 |
[30:46] | You know, ab-about what it was like… | 是关于他作为一个黑人 |
[30:49] | as a black kid growing up in our family | 在咱们家 在白人父母 |
[30:53] | with white parents, you know, and-and white siblings and… | 和白人哥哥姐姐身边长大的感受 以及… |
[30:57] | how it must have felt for him, and how unseen he felt. | 他不可避免地感到被疏忽 |
[31:00] | Unseen? | 疏忽 |
[31:02] | Kate, Mom and Dad were obsessed with Randall. | 凯特 爸妈都把兰德尔宠上天了 |
[31:04] | All right? All we tried to do is get five minutes a day with them | 我们每天只能在他们没关注兰德尔时 |
[31:06] | when they weren’t paying attention to Randall. | 勉强博得几分钟的关注 |
[31:08] | Kev… | 小凯… |
[31:10] | we don’t even talk to him about this stuff, though. | 可是这种事我们从没和他谈过 |
[31:12] | You know? And we don’t talk to him about what it was like | 你知道吗 我们从没问过他以前的感受 |
[31:15] | or-or what it’s still like for him. | 甚至现在的感受 |
[31:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:24] | Look, I’m not an idiot, okay? I… | 不过我也不傻 好吗 我… |
[31:28] | I understand it probably wasn’t a walk in the park | 我也知道他在那所优越的私立学校 |
[31:30] | to be the only black kid | 作为唯一的黑人 |
[31:31] | in that fancy private school he went to. | 应该不是什么优哉游哉的体验 |
[31:33] | But let’s not sit here and pretend | 但我们也别说得像 |
[31:34] | that Mom and Dad did anything wrong, okay? | 爸妈做错了什么似的 好吗 |
[31:37] | I’m just saying, we all have stuff | 我只想说 我们都还有 |
[31:40] | from our past that we’re still dealing with, okay? | 从过去遗留下来的包袱要解开 |
[31:42] | And that’s Randall, you and me. | 兰德尔有 你有 我也有 |
[31:45] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[31:49] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[31:52] | Honestly, I’m just tired. | 说真的 我只是累了 |
[31:53] | It’s been a really long day. | 今天我过得很辛苦 |
[31:56] | Honestly? | 说真的 |
[31:58] | Yeah. I’m fine. | 嗯 我没事 |
[32:10] | Hey, baby. | 亲爱的 |
[32:16] | Yeah. I’m not… | 我还没… |
[32:17] | I’m not ready to laugh about it yet. | 我还没准备好一笑而过 |
[32:19] | – Oh, no, not yet? – No. | -还没准备好吗 -没 |
[32:20] | Okay, will you let me know when you are? | 等你准备好了能告诉我一下吗 |
[32:21] | Because, um, | 因为 |
[32:22] | I have so much laughter on the inside of me, | 我太想笑 都快憋出内伤了 |
[32:24] | I just would like to get that out. | 急需释放一下 |
[32:26] | Appreciate it. | 感谢体谅 |
[32:30] | Malik told me about the internship. | 马利克跟我说了实习的事 |
[32:34] | You’re ruining my life. | 我的生活都被你们毁了 |
[32:35] | You know that, right? | 你知道吧 |
[32:37] | I do. | 知道 |
[32:41] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[32:50] | You gonna give that boy an internship | 那孩子今天闯了这么大祸 |
[32:51] | after what he did today? | 你还打算给他实习机会 |
[32:52] | Look, after what happened today, | 发生今天这事之后 |
[32:54] | that kid will not allow himself to screw up again. | 那孩子不会让自己再闯祸了 |
[32:57] | Trust me. I was that kid. | 相信我 他就是曾经的我 |
[33:01] | All right. As long as his parents don’t have | 行吧 只要他父母 |
[33:03] | to come over for dinner. | 不用来咱们家吃饭就行 |
[33:05] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[33:08] | What up, Jae-won? | 怎么了 在元 |
[33:09] | Someone posted it. | 有人转发了 |
[33:11] | Today’s, uh, bulletin. | 今天的简报 |
[33:14] | And it’s kind of going viral. | 而且帖子似乎火了 |
[33:16] | Well, viral how? | 怎么说 |
[33:18] | Your bulletins usually get 5,000 views. | 你的简报一般只有五千浏览量 |
[33:21] | This one is already over 100,000. | 今天的已经超过十万了 |
[33:24] | It might make the news tonight. | 可能会上今晚的新闻 |
[33:27] | And not just the local stations, either. | 而且应该不只是地方台新闻 |
[33:29] | Well, on the plus side, | 不过 从好的方面来看 |
[33:31] | the camera angle’s very flattering. | 拍摄角度还是非常显帅的 |
[33:38] | You know, these ultrasounds, | 其实这些超声波的图像 |
[33:40] | they look like somebody made a baby out of wax | 看起来就像是有人做了个蜡宝宝 |
[33:43] | and then left it out in the sun too long. | 然后又把蜡宝宝放在太阳底下晒了好久 |
[33:46] | But I think… | 不过我觉得… |
[33:50] | I think I love this melted wax baby. | 我觉得我爱上了这个融化了的蜡宝宝 |
[33:53] | Whatever her name will be. | 不管她叫什么名字 |
[33:59] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[34:00] | I thought you’d be excited | 艾莉很坚定地选择我们 |
[34:03] | knowing that Ellie is fully on board. | 我还以为你会很开心的 |
[34:07] | I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[34:14] | Actually, I’m not fine at all. | 其实 我一点都不好 |
[34:20] | Um, my talk with Ellie today brought up some stuff for me. | 今天我和艾莉的聊天让我想起了一些事情 |
[34:25] | Some stuff that I never wanted to tell anyone. | 一些我从不想告诉任何人的事情 |
[34:30] | I mean, not my mom. | 甚至没有告诉过我妈 |
[34:33] | Not my brothers. | 连我兄弟都没有说过 |
[34:35] | And not you. | 也没对你说过 |
[34:45] | When I was 18, | 我十八岁的时候 |
[34:47] | I was in a really, really bad relationship. | 有过一段非常非常糟糕的恋爱 |
[34:59] | And when it ended… | 恋情结束的时候… |
[35:06] | Come in. | 请进 |
[35:10] | – Are you sure you don’t want to come with us to New York? -Yep. | -你确定不想和我们一起去纽约吗 -确定 |
[35:14] | Molly’s gonna come over, and we’re gonna hang out | 莫莉会过来 我们会一起玩 |
[35:16] | and make fun of Dawson’s Creek. | 边吐槽边看《恋爱时代》 |
[35:19] | Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[35:21] | – And tell Kevin I said congrats. – All right. | -跟凯文转达我的祝贺 -好吧 |
[35:25] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[35:26] | – Bye, sweetheart. – Bye. | -再见 亲爱的 -再见 |
[36:24] | Okay. Maybe you were right. | 好吧 也许你说得对 |
[36:27] | Maybe I am a little easy on Kevin. | 也许我确实是太纵容凯文了 |
[36:32] | Really? What changed? | 是吗 你怎么改变想法了 |
[36:35] | Well, I just went upstairs to talk to him, | 我刚刚上楼 想和他聊聊 |
[36:37] | and he was with Randall, | 发现他正和兰德尔一起 |
[36:39] | who is helping him memorize his playbook. | 兰德尔在帮他记战术图解 |
[36:43] | Jack, they high-fived. | 杰克 他们还击掌了 |
[36:49] | It’s just… it’s so hard for me to push them | 我只是…当他们看起来很不开心的时候 |
[36:52] | when they seem unhappy. | 我真的很难去逼他们 |
[36:58] | You know, my-my dad had a nickname for me | 你知道吗 我爸曾给我取过一个昵称 |
[37:01] | – when I was a kid? – Uh-uh. | -在我小的时候 -不知道 |
[37:03] | Jack of All Trades. | 万事通杰克 |
[37:05] | I mean, I-I thought that sounded so cool. | 我一开始觉得这个名字太酷了 |
[37:07] | You know, I-I thought that that meant my dad thought | 我以为这名字意味着我爸认为 |
[37:10] | I was great at everything. | 我所有事情都搞得定 |
[37:15] | So, one day, | 所以有一天 |
[37:16] | I decide to try and fix the leaky kitchen faucet, | 我决定试着去修理厨房里漏水的龙头 |
[37:20] | and I just couldn’t do it. | 但我完全修不好 |
[37:23] | I couldn’t figure it out. And Stanley… | 我就是修不好 所以斯坦利… |
[37:26] | He sneers at me, | 他嘲笑了我 |
[37:28] | and he says, “Jack of All Trades, | 然后他说”万事通杰克 |
[37:31] | Master of None.” | 样样稀松” |
[37:34] | And that’s when I got it. | 直到那一刻我才明白那个名字的含义 |
[37:35] | The whole time, he’d been saying | 一直以来 他一直想表达的都是 |
[37:37] | I was great at absolutely nothing. | 我对所有事情都不擅长 |
[37:40] | – Oh, Jack. – No, it-it’s fine. | -杰克 -不 没事 |
[37:43] | I’m an ordinary man. | 我只是一个普通人 |
[37:45] | And for me, the way my dad treated me, | 但对我来说 按照我爸对待我的那种方式 |
[37:48] | to get out of that house an ordinary man, | 能作为普通人 从那房子里逃出来 |
[37:50] | that is an accomplishment in my book. | 已经是我人生的一大成就 |
[37:54] | But… | 但是… |
[37:56] | Our kids, | 我们的孩子 |
[37:59] | I want them | 我希望他们知道 |
[38:01] | to know their dad sees greatness in them. | 他们的爸爸能看到他们身上的潜力 |
[38:05] | I will kill myself to make them feel that way. | 我就是拼了命 也要让他们感受到这一点 |
[38:09] | Even when… | 即使… |
[38:13] | Even when deep down, I just want to hold my kid | 即使在我内心深处 我只想抱着他 |
[38:16] | and-and tell him to go take a nap. | 然后让他去睡一觉 |
[38:24] | I feel sorry for your dad. | 我真为你爸感到遗憾 |
[38:26] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -真的 |
[38:29] | To have had a son like you | 因为他拥有一个像你这样的好儿子 |
[38:31] | and to have not seen what was right in front of him. | 可他却看不到你身上的好 |
[38:35] | Yeah. | 也许吧 |
[38:39] | You really saw them high-five? | 你真的看到他们击掌了吗 |
[38:41] | Oh, yeah. | 绝对的 |
[38:42] | You sure they weren’t just, like, | 你确定他们当时不是在 |
[38:43] | trying to smack each other in the face? | 试图扇对方一巴掌吗 |
[38:45] | – Like, at the same time? – No. | -只不过他们恰好在同时扇对方 -当然不是 |
[38:58] | You really do this every time you take a test? | 你真的每次考试都要这么复习吗 |
[39:01] | That must take forever. | 这也太费时间了吧 |
[39:04] | It does. But being me | 没错 但对于我来说 |
[39:07] | at my school, | 在那所学校里 |
[39:09] | I have to be the best. | 我必须是最好的学生 |
[40:17] | When I’m having a hard day at work | 当我工作不顺利 |
[40:19] | or get frustrated that things aren’t moving fast enough, | 或因事情进展缓慢而感到沮丧时 |
[40:23] | I remind myself that I’m doing this for him. | 我就会提醒自己一切都是为了他 |
[40:28] | I’m doing this for William Hill. | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[40:31] | …I’m doing this for him. | 一切都是为了他 |
[40:34] | I’m doing this for William Hill. | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[40:40] | I’m doing this for William Hill. | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[40:43] | Because you all were his family. | 因为你们都曾是他的家人 |
[40:47] | Which means you’re my family, too. | 也就是说各位都是我的家人 |