时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Today’s, uh, bulletin, | 今天的简报 |
[00:04] | it’s kind of going viral. | 似乎火了 |
[00:05] | Well, viral how? | 怎么说 |
[00:07] | I’m doing this for William Hill. | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[00:11] | Because you all were his family, | 因为你们都曾是他的家人 |
[00:13] | which means you’re my family, too. | 也就是说各位都是我的家人 |
[00:15] | It’s twins, Kevin. | 我怀了双胞胎 凯文 |
[00:17] | I’m all in, Madison. | 我愿意负责 麦迪逊 |
[00:20] | Whatever you need, I am all in. | 不管你需要什么 我都愿意负责 |
[00:22] | I think I just got the part. | 我好像拿到那个角色了 |
[00:23] | I mean, pending a-a good meeting with the director | 前提是跟导演的会面进展顺利的话 |
[00:25] | I-I got the part. | 就能拿到这个角色了 |
[00:28] | Um, my talk with Ellie today | 今天和艾莉聊天 |
[00:29] | brought up some stuff for me. | 让我想起了一些事情 |
[00:32] | When I was 18, I was in | 我十八岁的时候 |
[00:34] | a really, really bad relationship. | 有过一段非常非常糟糕的恋爱 |
[00:38] | And when it ended… | 恋情结束的时候… |
[00:53] | So you’re telling me, that this boyfriend of yours… | 你的意思是 你这个男朋友… |
[00:57] | Got me pregnant, yeah. | 让我怀孕了 对 |
[01:01] | And I was nowhere near ready to be a mom. | 而我当时完全没准备好当妈妈 |
[01:06] | And I could not… | 而且我不能… |
[01:07] | Ooh, I could not be tied to that guy for the rest of my life. | 我绝对不能一辈子都跟那个男的绑在一起 |
[01:11] | You know, so… | 所以… |
[01:14] | I had an abortion. | 我做了流产 |
[01:18] | And it was, I mean, the toughest decision | 当初那个决定很难 |
[01:20] | I’ve ever made in my life. | 是我这辈子做过最难的决定 |
[01:23] | But I don’t regret it. | 但我不后悔 |
[01:26] | But I made it alone, and you know, I’ve lived with it alone. | 只是我独自做了决定 也一直独自承担着 |
[01:33] | Wait. What are your eyes doing? Are you judging me? | 等等 你这是什么眼神 你是在评判我吗 |
[01:37] | No. | 没有 |
[01:39] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[01:42] | I’m just trying to wrap my head around the… | 我只是在努力消化这个事实… |
[01:47] | Uh, why did it take you so long to tell me this? | 你为什么过了这么久才告诉我这件事 |
[01:51] | Well, it’s not exactly something | 那是因为 这种事 |
[01:53] | that comes up naturally in a conversation. | 也不是会自然出现的话题吧 |
[01:56] | Actually, it is. | 明明就是啊 |
[02:00] | It took us two years to have Jack. | 我们两年才怀上杰克 |
[02:03] | That’s two years of talking about pregnancy all the time. | 也就是整整两年 我们都在聊怀孕的事 |
[02:08] | Toby, you don’t understand. | 托比 你不明白 |
[02:10] | I was 18 years old, | 我当时才18岁 |
[02:12] | and that decision was wrapped up in the darkest, | 那个决定发生在我人生中 |
[02:16] | lowest, most painful… time of my life. | 最黑暗最低谷最痛苦的一段日子 |
[02:21] | It was, like, the most painful relationship of my life. | 那是我经历过最痛苦的一段感情 |
[02:24] | And all I wanted to do, I wanted to lock it up, | 我唯一想做的 就是把它封闭起来 |
[02:27] | you know, and I didn’t want to think about it. | 我完全不愿意想起那件事 |
[02:28] | I didn’t want to think about him. | 也不愿意想起他 |
[02:32] | He was so cruel… to me. | 他对我 太残忍了 |
[02:37] | I would like you to tell me his name, | 我希望你告诉我他的名字 |
[02:41] | and then, I would like to find him, | 然后 我要找到他 |
[02:43] | and I would like to kill him. | 然后我会杀了他 |
[02:46] | – Babe. – I want to kill him. | -亲爱的 -我想杀了他 |
[02:47] | You’re… | 你… |
[02:48] | Thank you. That’s very sweet. | 谢谢你 我觉得很甜 |
[02:51] | You know what? | 算了 |
[02:52] | He’s in the past, it’s all in the past. | 他是过去式了 这些都过去了 |
[02:53] | – It’s… – Is it, though? | -所以… -真的吗 |
[02:56] | If it was truly in the past, | 如果真的过去了 |
[02:57] | then why would it take you four years to tell me about it? | 你为什么等了四年才告诉我 |
[03:36] | Look at that. Changing table is built. | 你看 尿布台已经装好 |
[03:39] | The bunny tapestry is hung. I’m telling you. | 兔子挂毡已经吊好 我跟你说 |
[03:40] | Natasha is going to plotz when she sees our nursery. | 娜塔莎看到咱们的婴儿房一定会惊呆 |
[03:43] | You are obsessed with impressing this nanny. | 你太想给这个保姆留下好印象了 |
[03:46] | I thought we were interviewing her, not the other way around. | 难道不是我们面试她吗 怎么你好像反过来了 |
[03:48] | Yeah, no, babe, you don’t understand. | 不 宝贝 你不懂 |
[03:50] | Natasha is, like, um… She’s, like, nanny royalty. | 娜塔莎 她简直是保姆里的皇室成员 |
[03:53] | Okay? Timberlake said that he and Jess– | 你懂吗 廷伯雷克说他和杰茜 |
[03:55] | they wept when she left to go to another family. | 在她离开去别家的时候都哭了 |
[03:58] | Now that’s what my family deserves, does it not? | 这才是我家值得拥有的保姆 不是吗 |
[04:00] | A nanny that makes Timberlake weep? | 能让廷伯雷克落泪的保姆 |
[04:02] | Like a little baby. | 让他哭得像个孩子 |
[04:05] | Yeah, what’s up? | 喂 怎么了 |
[04:09] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[04:12] | No. Hold on, hold on. No, no, no, no, no. | 不是 等等 不行 |
[04:13] | That is not what I committed to. | 之前说好的不是这样 |
[04:15] | Then I’m out. | 那我不拍了 |
[04:17] | Yeah, you know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[04:19] | I’m not having this conversation. | 我不想跟你说这个 |
[04:21] | Goodbye. | 拜 |
[04:28] | Read about these, uh… What were they? | 我之前还看过一个 什么来着 |
[04:30] | These, uh… these, uh… these baby monitor socks | 那种带监测功能的宝宝袜 |
[04:33] | – that they have. They… – Kevin. | -特别厉害 就是… -凯文 |
[04:35] | What the hell just happened on the phone? | 刚才那通电话怎么回事 |
[04:38] | Uh, th-that was, uh, just my agent. | 就是我的经纪人 |
[04:42] | They, uh, they’re moving | 他们打算把 |
[04:43] | the filming of the movie to Vancouver, ’cause it’s safer. | 电影拍摄地点转移到温哥华 那里更安全 |
[04:46] | I guess there’s less COVID, so… | 应该是疫情没那么严重 所以… |
[04:48] | And that’s bad because…? | 这为什么是个坏消息呢 |
[04:50] | Because it’s two weeks of filming, right? | 因为要拍两个星期 对吧 |
[04:52] | Plus, two weeks quarantine, | 再加上隔离两个星期 |
[04:55] | which means I’d have to leave L.A. tomorrow. | 也就是我明天就得离开洛杉矶 |
[05:00] | Yeah, so, I-I, you know, I can’t do it. | 对 所以我就说我不接受 |
[05:07] | Wait. Put that down. | 等等 你先放下 |
[05:09] | Let’s do the math for a second. | 我们先算一下时间 |
[05:10] | Four weeks away puts you back here… | 离开四周也就意味着… |
[05:14] | a solid five weeks before the babies are due. | 你回来还有五周才到预产期 |
[05:20] | You have worked so hard on this movie. | 你为这部电影付出了那么多 |
[05:23] | You have put up with so much crap from that director. | 忍受了导演那么多的批评 |
[05:27] | This can’t all be for nothing. | 不能功亏一篑 |
[05:32] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我说不好 我不知道 |
[05:40] | Go on and pack. | 去收拾行李吧 |
[05:45] | Yeah. | 好 |
[05:56] | No, Mom, I didn’t realize the camera was still on. | 不 妈 我不知道摄像头还开着 |
[05:59] | I can give Miguel my abs routine. | 我可以教米格尔跳我的腹肌舞 |
[06:02] | Oh, my. | 我去 |
[06:04] | Oh, boy. | 我服了 |
[06:06] | Uh, I’m at the office now, Ma. Uh, love you. | 我到办公室了 妈 爱你 |
[06:10] | Morning, boss. | 早上好 老板 |
[06:14] | All right, Jae-won. | 行了 在元 |
[06:16] | You can put your tiny pecs back on now. | 把你那身小腹肌换上吧 |
[06:21] | Uh, there’s something I need to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[06:23] | I don’t know if I would have said that while closing a door, | 你确定要穿着裸男棉衣 一边关门 |
[06:26] | wearing a naked-man shirt. | 一边说这件事吗 |
[06:27] | Yeah. Uh, you know the, um… | 好 你知道我们在网站上 |
[06:30] | the form we set up on our website for cons… | 设置了一个留言板 |
[06:33] | for, uh, constituents to reach out? | 供选民们联系我们 |
[06:37] | Aah. Uh, watch the hair. | 小心我的发型 |
[06:38] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[06:40] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[06:41] | The, um… the form on our website | 就是我们网站上的留言板 |
[06:44] | for constituents to reach out. | 选民们联系时用的 |
[06:48] | This came in. | 有人发来了这个 |
[06:55] | You want privacy? | 你要单独待会儿吗 |
[06:57] | I’ll give you privacy. | 我不打扰你 |
[07:16] | Kate Pearson? | 凯特·皮尔森 |
[07:18] | I’m Dr. Wolfe. | 我是沃尔夫医生 |
[07:19] | I’m one of the clinicians here. | 我是这里的临床医师之一 |
[07:23] | So, let me tell you how this is gonna go. | 我来跟你讲一下流程 |
[07:25] | Uh, by Pennsylvania law, | 宾夕法尼亚州法律规定 |
[07:27] | I’m required to ask you this list of questions | 我必须询问你以下问题 |
[07:29] | before we can proceed any further. | 才能继续推进下一步 |
[07:31] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[07:34] | Are you absolutely sure | 你是否完全确定 |
[07:35] | of your decision to terminate this pregnancy? | 你希望结束这次怀孕 |
[07:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:41] | Can you tell me what led to your decision? | 你能告诉我做这个决定的原因吗 |
[07:44] | Um… I’m 18, | 我十八岁了 |
[07:46] | and I’m not with the guy anymore, so… | 而且已经跟对方分手了 所以… |
[07:50] | Are you taking any medications or other drugs? | 你是否在服用其他药物 |
[07:55] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[07:58] | Um, so where do they actually do it? | 手术一般在哪儿做 |
[08:01] | Will it be in here? | 是在这儿吗 |
[08:02] | No. The procedure would happen in the room next door. | 不是 手术会在隔壁房间进行 |
[08:06] | And that happens today, right? | 今天就能做 对吗 |
[08:08] | Mm. No, honey. We’re legally required | 不能 亲爱的 按照法律规定 |
[08:11] | to wait 24 hours after meeting the patient | 我们先对病人进行问询并告知相关信息 |
[08:14] | and giving the questions and information. | 24小时之后才能进行手术 |
[08:15] | If after 24 hours, you feel you want the procedure… | 如果24小时后 你仍想进行手术… |
[08:22] | Babe? | 宝贝 |
[08:25] | Where’s Jackie? | 小杰呢 |
[08:27] | Ugh. Conked out in his sleep chair. | 在他的睡椅上睡着了 |
[08:29] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[08:30] | You look pretty tired yourself. | 感觉你也很累了 |
[08:35] | Well, that’s because I spent the entire night | 那是因为我花了一整晚时间 |
[08:38] | cyber-stalking my awful ex-boyfriend Marc. | 在网上查我的混蛋前男友马克 |
[08:42] | I don’t know. I just… | 不知道 我就是… |
[08:44] | I just felt like– | 我就是觉得… |
[08:46] | I don’t know– you were right. | 不知道 你说得对 |
[08:48] | Right, like, I was clearly not past the past. | 显然 我还没走出过去 |
[08:50] | And that’s why I took out my laptop, I went for a dive, | 所以我拿出了笔记本电脑 进行搜索 |
[08:54] | and I found out that he’s in San Diego. | 我发现他就在圣地亚哥 |
[08:57] | So I was thinking. | 所以我在想 |
[08:58] | I don’t know what I’m gonna say or what I’m gonna do, | 我不知道自己要说什么或者做什么 |
[09:00] | but I-I feel like I have to see him. | 但我觉得我得去见他 |
[09:04] | I was hoping you would come with. | 我希望你能跟我一起去 |
[09:07] | I know it’s a lot to ask, but | 我知道我的要求有点多 但是 |
[09:08] | I could really use your support. | 我真的需要你的支持 |
[09:12] | Are you sure you can handle seeing him again? | 你确定你能再次面对他吗 |
[09:15] | Yeah. | 确定 |
[09:18] | Okay. I’m in. | 好 我去 |
[09:20] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[09:34] | Hi. You’ve reached the Pearsons. | 您好 这里是皮尔森家 |
[09:36] | Leave us a message. | 给我们留言吧 |
[09:38] | Hey, sweetheart. It’s me. | 亲爱的 是我 |
[09:40] | Just calling to check in. | 我就是打来聊聊近况 |
[09:41] | Um… Kevin did really great at his showcase last night. | 凯文昨晚的表演超棒 |
[09:46] | And then he tried to set me up with his acting teacher. | 后来他还想撮合我和他的表演老师 |
[09:51] | Is everything okay? | 你一切都好吗 |
[09:54] | I thought you said you’d be home. | 我以为你说你会在家 |
[09:57] | Well, I’m at Kevin’s if you need me, all right? | 如果有需要 来凯文这里找我 好吗 |
[09:59] | I love you. Bye, Bug. | 我爱你 再见 宝贝 |
[10:15] | This is so lovely. | 大家聊得好开心 |
[10:17] | Are we celebrating something? | 你们在庆祝什么事吗 |
[10:19] | Kevin’s got great news. | 凯文有个好消息 |
[10:21] | I got a call from a talent manager. | 我接到了一个星探的电话 |
[10:24] | She was at my showcase last night. | 她昨晚看了我的表演 |
[10:26] | And she said that I have the right look for TV. | 她还说 我的脸很上镜 |
[10:28] | Oh, so, she’s more of a looks manager. | 那她更像是个脸探 |
[10:30] | – Okay, let him talk. – That’s great, sweetheart. | -好了 听他说 -真是太棒了 亲爱的 |
[10:34] | And she says it’s pilot season, | 她还说 现在是试播季 |
[10:36] | and she wants me to go to L.A. for a few months | 她想让我去洛杉矶住几个月 |
[10:38] | so she can send me on auditions. | 这样她就能帮我联系试镜了 |
[10:40] | L.A.? | 洛杉矶 |
[10:42] | But you just got to New York. | 但你刚到纽约 |
[10:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:47] | Well, what about you? Will you be going with him? | 那你呢 会跟他一起去吗 |
[10:49] | Oh, um, I have school, so… | 我还要上学 所以… |
[10:52] | Yeah, and I’ll be back | 嗯 而且在她开始想我之前 |
[10:52] | before she can even miss me. | 我就会回来了 |
[10:59] | To Kevin. | 敬凯文 |
[11:00] | To your career. | 敬你的事业 |
[11:03] | – Thanks, Mom. – To your career. | -多谢 妈妈 -敬你的事业 |
[11:04] | – To your career. – To my career. | -敬你的事业 -敬我的事业 |
[11:07] | And because of my profession, | 由于职业原因 |
[11:08] | I get tested multiple times a week. | 我一周做多次测试 |
[11:10] | I quarantine strictly. | 并严格进行隔离 |
[11:12] | I’m basically the loneliest, safest person on the planet. | 我应该是整个星球最孤独最安全的人了 |
[11:16] | You’re funny. | 你真幽默 |
[11:17] | That’s funny. She is funny, right? | 真搞笑 她很幽默 对吧 |
[11:19] | She is. | 可不是 |
[11:20] | Um, and do you know CPR? | 你会心肺复苏术吗 |
[11:22] | And pediatric first aid. | 还有儿童急救术 |
[11:24] | Recertified every year. | 每年都会重新认证 |
[11:25] | That is so reassuring, I can’t tell you. | 那真是太靠谱了 |
[11:27] | Unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[11:27] | And you’re good with extended travel, right? | 你接受长期旅行 对吧 |
[11:29] | Because nowadays, | 因为现在 |
[11:30] | you never know where these movies are gonna shoot. | 谁都说不准电影会在哪儿拍摄 |
[11:32] | – So… – My passport’s always up-to-date. | -所以… -我的护照随时有效 |
[11:33] | Oh, that’s great. That’s great, because we want someone | 那太好了 很好 因为我们想找一个 |
[11:35] | who travels with us to keep things consistent for the twins. | 能陪我们一起旅行 照顾双胞胎的人 |
[11:38] | I mean, sure, there’ll be occasional travel, | 其实 没错 我们偶尔会出行 |
[11:41] | but most of the time, we’ll be here in L.A. | 但大多数时间 我们会在洛杉矶 |
[11:45] | Yeah. I mean, that’s the hope. | 对 如果那样最好 |
[11:46] | Yeah, you hope for that, but, you know, | 希望如此 不过 |
[11:48] | as we just found out, these movies, | 我们刚才也说了 电影嘛 |
[11:50] | they’ll shoot ’em anywhere, so… | 可能在任何地方拍摄 所以… |
[11:54] | I’ve gone all over the world with my families. | 我随我的雇主去过世界各地 |
[11:56] | I know how to help them adjust | 我知道怎么帮他们适应 |
[11:58] | to constantly changing locations. | 不断变化的地点 |
[12:00] | Starting new schools, you know, making new friends. | 不论是去新学校 还是交新朋友 |
[12:07] | You’re home early. | 今天回家挺早 |
[12:11] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[12:17] | So, a man named Hai Lang | 一个叫郎海的人 |
[12:19] | submitted a city complaint form on the website. | 在网上提交了一份城市意见表 |
[12:22] | He used it as a way to get in touch with me personally. | 他用这种方式联系我说了些私事 |
[12:26] | “My name’s Hai Lang, and I live in New Orleans. | “我的名字是郎海 我住在新奥尔良 |
[12:29] | I recognized the name William Hill from a video | 我从网上你的一条视频中 |
[12:31] | I saw of you on the Internet. | 认出了威廉·希尔这个名字 |
[12:34] | Not 100% certain, | 虽然不是百分百确定 |
[12:36] | but I believe I knew your mother, Laurel.” | 但我觉得我认识你母亲罗瑞尔” |
[12:39] | – What? – “We were close friends. | -什么 -“我们曾是亲密的朋友 |
[12:42] | I was by her side when she died in May of 2015.” | 2015年5月她去世时 我在她身边” |
[12:47] | Doesn’t exactly jive with the whole | 并不符合那个 |
[12:49] | “She died after I was born” Story, huh? | “我出生后她就去世了”的故事 对吧 |
[12:51] | – Randall, what the hell? – I don’t know. | -兰德尔 什么情况 -不知道 |
[12:52] | – I’m gonna go, um… – Wait. | -我要去… -等等 |
[12:56] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[12:57] | He sent a picture. | 他发了一张照片 |
[13:01] | Randall, is this her? | 兰德尔 这是她吗 |
[13:04] | How would I know, Beth? | 我怎么会知道 贝丝 |
[13:06] | I’ve never seen the woman before. | 我从来没见过那个女人 |
[13:46] | I was thinking about bringing in Monk’s for dinner. | 我想从蒙克餐厅带晚餐回来 |
[13:48] | Been craving those crab legs. | 一直很想吃那儿的蟹腿 |
[13:51] | I will see you in a bit. | 晚点见 |
[13:54] | Did you really just peck and go? | 你真的亲一下脸就走吗 |
[13:56] | Uh, Randall, | 兰德尔 |
[13:57] | this is not a peck and go situation. | 现在不是亲一下脸就走的情况 |
[13:59] | Okay? We need to talk about this. | 好吗 我们需要谈一下这件事 |
[14:02] | I was wondering for 36 years. | 我想了36年的问题 |
[14:04] | I got my answers. | 已经有答案了 |
[14:06] | I’m not going down this road. | 我不想再查这事了 |
[14:09] | I understand that. But why? | 我懂 但是为什么呢 |
[14:11] | – Beth, come on. – Okay, Randall… | -贝丝 拜托 -好吧 兰德尔 |
[14:13] | ‘Cause it would mean he lied to me. | 因为那会证明他骗了我 |
[14:20] | How did you meet my mother? | 你怎么遇见我母亲的 |
[14:23] | On a bus, of all places. | 居然是在公交车上 |
[14:26] | My God, she was so beautiful. | 我的天 她真漂亮 |
[14:28] | I got to tell you something. One look at that face, | 我想说 看一眼那张脸 |
[14:32] | and my world spun on every axis. | 我的世界就天旋地转了 |
[14:36] | Fallen as we were back then, | 那时我们堕落颓废 |
[14:38] | when she found out about you, she was so excited. | 当她发现有你了 她很激动 |
[14:42] | I’d never seen a woman so determined to get clean, | 我从没见过一个女人那么坚定地要戒毒 |
[14:45] | to stay clean, | 再不碰毒 |
[14:46] | to do right by this baby. | 为了孩子做对的事 |
[14:50] | To do right by you. | 为了你做对的事 |
[14:53] | And she did. | 她做到了 |
[14:55] | For nine months. | 坚持了九个月 |
[14:59] | But then, after the birth, | 但分娩之后 |
[15:03] | the pain took hold of her like a demon. | 疼痛像魔鬼一样折磨着她 |
[15:07] | I lost her the next day. | 第二天我就失去了她 |
[15:15] | If, um… | 如果… |
[15:17] | If she really did die just a few years ago, | 如果她真是几年前才去世的 |
[15:19] | it would mean that William lied to me, Beth. | 那就说明威廉骗了我 贝丝 |
[15:26] | Think you should, um… | 我觉得你应该… |
[15:28] | call your therapist on this one? | 打给你的心理医生聊聊这事 |
[15:30] | I don’t need to call my therapist. | 我不需要跟心理医生聊 |
[15:31] | I need… I need to go for a run. | 我得…我得去跑步了 |
[15:39] | He needs to call his therapist. | 他得给心理医生打电话 |
[15:47] | You hated her, right? | 你讨厌她 对吧 |
[15:49] | Well, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:50] | Screw her and that glorious Range Rover that she rode in on. | 去她的 还有她那辆浮夸的路虎揽胜 |
[15:55] | Jet-setting all over the world with our kids and their nannies? | 带着孩子们和保姆飞遍全世界吗 |
[16:00] | That’s not exactly the life I pictured for our family. | 并不是我想象中的家庭生活 |
[16:04] | Well, uh, you know, | 那这样 |
[16:05] | what about private jet-setting all over the world | 坐私人飞机带孩子们和保姆 |
[16:08] | with our kids and their nannies? | 环游世界怎么样 |
[16:13] | Okay. Look, Madison, I am lost here. | 好吧 麦迪逊 我不明白 |
[16:16] | Uh, you know, just a bit ago, | 就在刚才 |
[16:18] | you were pushing me out the door to go to Vancouver, right? | 你还催着我去温哥华 对吧 |
[16:20] | And now you’re upset that we’re traveling for my work? | 现在你却因为我的工作需要旅行而生气 |
[16:24] | I pushed you to go to Vancouver | 我催你去温哥华 |
[16:26] | because the babies aren’t here yet, | 是因为孩子们还没出生 |
[16:30] | and because I know how much this movie means to you. | 也因为我知道这部电影对你有多重要 |
[16:32] | And you made a commitment to a lot of people, but… | 而且 你对很多人作出了承诺 但是… |
[16:37] | you also made a commitment to me and these kids. | 你对我和孩子们也作了承诺 |
[16:42] | I didn’t realize that where we lived | 我没想到住在哪 |
[16:44] | was as important as being a family. | 和组建家庭一样重要 |
[16:46] | And how did you think this would work? | 那你觉得以后会怎样 |
[16:48] | Did you just assume that me and the kids | 你觉得我和孩子们 |
[16:51] | would become your international roadies? | 会当你的国际巡演杂务总管吗 |
[16:54] | No, I didn’t… I wouldn’t say that phrase. | 不 我不会用这种说法 |
[16:57] | What… You know, I thought we would stick together. | 我以为我们会一直在一起 |
[17:00] | Me, too. | 我也以为 |
[17:02] | In our home. | 在家待着 |
[17:07] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[17:11] | What do you want me to do? Do you want me to quit acting? | 你想让我怎么做 你想让我放弃演戏吗 |
[17:14] | Madison? It took me 20 years to get here. | 麦迪逊 我花了二十年才走到今天这一步 |
[17:18] | But I’m not exactly in a position where I can dictate, | 但我现在的地位还不能 |
[17:20] | where they shoot things, okay? | 电影在哪拍 好吗 |
[17:22] | And quite frankly, I’m… | 说实话 我… |
[17:25] | I’m struggling to figure out | 我不理解 |
[17:28] | how this is all of a sudden news to you. | 为什么你突然对这点有意见 |
[17:33] | It’s not. | 没有 |
[17:36] | Look, I have been growing two humans inside my body, | 有两个生命在我身体里成长 |
[17:40] | living with you in this bubble. | 和你一起生活在这里 |
[17:41] | I mean, I’m sorry if the realities of your career | 我很抱歉你的职业现状 |
[17:44] | haven’t exactly been top of mind. | 没成为我考虑的首要问题 |
[17:48] | I’m not trying to give you a hard time, but… | 我不是想为难你 但是… |
[17:51] | I was willing to do this on my own. | 我本可以独自承担一切的 |
[17:54] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[17:56] | I was never gonna ask you for anything, | 我从没想过从你这得到什么 |
[17:59] | but you insisted on being a part of our lives, | 但你坚持要参与我们的生活 |
[18:01] | and now I have gone and fallen in love | 现在我已经爱上 |
[18:03] | with this idea of our family. | 我们组建家庭这个想法了 |
[18:17] | Well, I have gone and fallen in love | 我也爱上 |
[18:19] | with the idea of our family, too. | 我们组建家庭这个想法了 |
[18:30] | Here we are. This is where Marc works | 我们到了 马克的聚友网主页说 |
[18:32] | according to his Myspace page. | 他就在这上班 |
[18:34] | This guy has a Myspace page? | 这家伙还用聚友网吗 |
[18:37] | Of all the things that you have told me about this guy, | 在你说过的所有关于他的事情里 |
[18:40] | him having a Myspace page is the creepiest. | 用聚友网是最诡异的 |
[18:48] | Hey. You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[18:51] | Mm-hmm. Yeah. | 嗯 没事 |
[18:53] | Maybe I should go in with you. | 也许我该和你一起进去 |
[18:57] | No, you don’t need to go in with me. | 不 你不需要陪我进去 |
[19:18] | Kate Pearson. | 凯特·皮尔森 |
[19:21] | I knew you couldn’t stay away. | 我就知道你离不开我 |
[19:34] | Um, Marc? | 马克 |
[19:45] | Well, it, uh, takes a little while to make a lady | 给一位女士用她最爱的早餐食品做了顿午餐 |
[19:48] | all of her favorite breakfast foods for lunch. | 确实需要花上点时间 |
[19:51] | We got one bagel, | 一个百吉饼 |
[19:52] | which is scooped, lightly toasted, | 挖空了的 微焦口感 |
[19:54] | butter on the side. | 边上涂黄油 |
[19:56] | And then we have an egg, very, very runny. | 还有鸡蛋 蛋黄流心 |
[19:59] | Which is still, to me, | 对我来说依旧感觉 |
[20:01] | like eating an oyster from the ass of a chicken. | 像吃鸡屁股里的牡蛎 |
[20:04] | But it’s the way you like it. I don’t judge. | 但你喜欢这种口感 我不评判 |
[20:06] | And then we got one coffee, nonfat milk. | 还有一杯咖啡 加了脱脂牛奶 |
[20:08] | No Sweet’N Low, though, because I didn’t have any, | 不过没加代糖甜味剂 因为我家没有 |
[20:10] | and for that, I am very sorry. | 为此我很抱歉 |
[20:12] | You remembered everything. | 这些你都记得 |
[20:15] | Course I did. | 我当然记得 |
[20:19] | I really did miss you. | 我真的很想你 |
[20:26] | You’re still upset about the cabin. | 你还在为木屋的事生气 |
[20:30] | I am so sorry, Kate. | 我很抱歉 凯特 |
[20:32] | I was such a dick. | 我当时真是个混蛋 |
[20:34] | I-I don’t know. I-I don’t know what happens to me. | 我不知道自己怎么了 |
[20:37] | It’s, um… | 好像… |
[20:40] | It’s like a switch flips inside me, | 好像我体内有个开关打开了 |
[20:42] | um, which… That’s so not an excuse. | 当然这不是借口 |
[20:44] | – Marc. – And I should’ve apologized to you | -马克 -我应该今天一见到你 |
[20:46] | the second I saw you today, but I just… | 就跟你道歉的 但我只是… |
[20:49] | I thought that you showing up here | 我以为你来这里 |
[20:50] | was you saying you forgive me. | 意思就是原谅我了 |
[20:52] | Well, that’s not what I’m saying. | 我不是这个意思 |
[20:54] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[20:56] | I mean, that’s not what I came here to say. | 我来这不是说这个的 |
[21:00] | Well, what’d you come here to say? | 那你想说什么 |
[21:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:09] | This sounds heavy. | 听起来很沉重 |
[21:11] | Well, it is. | 是的 |
[21:22] | You’re annoyed now? | 你这就不耐烦了吗 |
[21:27] | I’m just a little whiplashed, | 我只是感觉有点伤心 |
[21:28] | ’cause I was, like, really, really happy to see you. | 因为我见到你本来非常非常高兴 |
[21:32] | And then now it’s just like… | 而现在却… |
[21:40] | You know what, | 这样吧 |
[21:42] | let’s just chill and let’s just watch some TV, huh? | 我们都冷静下来看会电视吧 |
[21:45] | Let’s just, like, be here with each other. | 我们就这样陪伴彼此 |
[21:49] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[21:57] | Oh, wait, that’s Airplane! | 等下 在演《空前绝后满天飞》 |
[21:59] | Could you actually not change it? | 你能别换台吗 |
[22:01] | We regret any inconvenience… | 很抱歉给您带来不便… |
[22:04] | Um, okay. | 好啊 |
[22:06] | This is due to periodic air pockets we encounter. | 由于我们遇到了周期性气穴 |
[22:09] | There’s no reason to become alarmed, | 大家不必惊慌 |
[22:11] | and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight. | 希望您旅途愉快 |
[22:15] | By the way, is there anyone on board | 顺便问一下 机上有人 |
[22:17] | who knows how to fly a plane? | 会开飞机吗 |
[22:23] | I need a drink. | 我去喝一杯 |
[22:56] | Hey, yo, I got, uh, the DVD of Michel Gondry’s music videos. | 我有米歇尔·贡德里的音乐电影 |
[23:06] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[23:10] | It’s Kate. | 我是凯特 |
[23:13] | Pearson. | 皮尔森 |
[23:18] | Kate Pearson. | 凯特·皮尔森 |
[23:19] | What are the odds? | 真巧啊 |
[23:21] | Do you live in SD? | 你住在圣迭戈吗 |
[23:24] | Vacationing? | 度假吗 |
[23:26] | No. | 不是 |
[23:29] | We share a friend on Facebook. | 我们在脸书上有个共同的好友 |
[23:30] | I actually figured out where you work because I wanted to, uh… | 我找到了你工作的地方 因为我想… |
[23:37] | …come and see you. | 来见你 |
[23:39] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[23:43] | So… | 所以… |
[23:45] | S– Um, I was just wondering if I could– | 我在想我能不能 |
[23:47] | I-I wanted to talk to you about some things. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[23:50] | Marc! | 马克 |
[23:52] | Now. | 过来 |
[23:55] | Hang tight. Be right back. | 在这里等我 马上回来 |
[23:58] | Three smoke breaks in one hour? | 一小时出来抽三次烟 |
[24:00] | – Really? – I’m sorry, man. | -认真的吗 -抱歉 老兄 |
[24:02] | We’ve talked about this. | 我们说过这点 |
[24:03] | If you’re gonna work here, you got to work here. | 如果你想在这工作 就得工作 |
[24:05] | – Yeah. – You have five minutes. | -知道了 -给你五分钟 |
[24:09] | It’s not a long-term job. | 我没打算长干 |
[24:11] | I got this band I’ve been managing | 我在管理一个乐队 |
[24:13] | and we’re getting a residency at this club, so… | 而且要在这个俱乐部常驻表演 所以… |
[24:19] | Okay, can I ask you a question? | 好吧 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[24:23] | Okay. Sure. | 可以啊 |
[24:29] | What do you remember about our relationship? | 关于我们那段感情 你记得什么 |
[24:30] | Like, when you look back on it, I mean. | 就是你回想起来的时候 |
[24:33] | Really? | 认真的吗 |
[24:35] | That’s why you’re here? | 你来这里就是为了这个 |
[24:36] | To rehash our six-month relationship from… | 为了那段6个月的恋情 |
[24:40] | 20 years ago? | 翻20年前的旧账 |
[24:43] | You know what, forget it. | 就当我没问过 |
[24:45] | Forget about it. Goodbye, Marc. | 就当我没来过 再见 马克 |
[24:48] | Sorry. Uh, hold on. | 抱歉 等一下 |
[24:49] | Sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 对不起 |
[24:53] | When I look back on it, I think… | 我回想起那段恋情 我会想… |
[24:57] | …we were in love? | 我们很相爱 |
[25:00] | I mean, you had great taste in music. | 你对音乐的品味很独到 |
[25:02] | And… | 还有… |
[25:05] | …you were broken, you know, | 你当时破碎的样子 |
[25:07] | in all the right places. | 每一处都非常美好 |
[25:10] | And, yeah, things got intense at times, but, like, | 虽然有时气氛会有点紧张 不过 |
[25:14] | we were kids. | 当时我们都是孩子 |
[25:17] | No. | 不 |
[25:19] | I was a kid. | 我当时是个孩子 |
[25:20] | You were a 24-year-old man. | 你是个24岁的大人了 |
[25:23] | And I wasn’t broken. I was grieving. | 而且我没有破碎 我是在哀悼 |
[25:26] | My dad just died. | 我爸爸刚过世 |
[25:28] | And I was destroyed | 我深受打击 |
[25:30] | and so vulnerable and you knew it. | 非常脆弱 你明知道这一点 |
[25:33] | You liked it. | 你就喜欢我那样 |
[25:35] | – Okay… – No, no, no. | -行了 -不不不 |
[25:36] | I’m not finished. | 我还没说完 |
[25:41] | What you did to me… | 你对我做的事… |
[25:44] | …how you held my self-esteem in your hand | 把我的自尊攥在手中 |
[25:48] | and then you decided to crush it, | 再将它碾碎 |
[25:51] | God, that damaged me, Marc. | 你直接毁了我 马克 |
[25:53] | For years, | 很多年来 |
[25:55] | I swallowed my dreams, my feelings… | 我放下了我的梦想 压下了我的感情 |
[25:59] | and a lot of food. | 还吞下了很多食物 |
[26:01] | No, no, look at me. | 别转开视线 看着我 |
[26:03] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[26:04] | You need to get this. | 你必须给我听完 |
[26:07] | The time that it took for me to heal from you | 我花了很多年去治愈 |
[26:10] | stole years of my life. | 你带给我的伤痛 |
[26:13] | And I can’t get them back. | 我无法挽回那些年月 |
[26:16] | Took me a while, | 我等了很久 |
[26:18] | yeah, but I, um… | 没错 但我… |
[26:19] | I found someone who… | 我找到了一个 |
[26:22] | loves me the way that I deserve to be loved. | 爱我懂我也珍惜我的人 |
[26:25] | I have a beautiful son | 我有一个帅气的儿子 |
[26:27] | and an incredible husband, | 和一个了不起的丈夫 |
[26:29] | who’s actually in that car | 他其实就在那辆车上 |
[26:31] | and who was just, like, seconds away | 而且他差点就想 |
[26:33] | from wanting to just pulverize you with his bare hands. | 徒手把你打得粉身碎骨 |
[26:39] | I’m not broken. You’re the one that’s broken, Marc. | 我没有破碎 坏掉的那个人是你 马克 |
[26:44] | You’re the disease. | 你是一场疾病 |
[26:47] | And I’m not carrying it a moment longer. | 而我再也不要带着这个病了 |
[26:52] | So… | 所以… |
[26:54] | I give it back to you. | 我现在把它还给你 |
[26:56] | Good luck with it, Marc. | 祝你好运 马克 |
[27:10] | Sally, I took this man home with me, | 萨莉 我带这个男人回家了 |
[27:12] | and my parents asked me, “What cave did you pull this out of?” | 我的父母问我 “你从哪个山洞把他揪出来的” |
[27:18] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[27:27] | It’s gonna be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[27:29] | I’m gonna put this sheet over your knees. | 我现在把床单盖在你膝盖上 |
[27:36] | Remember to breathe, honey. | 记得呼吸 宝贝 |
[28:05] | Ah! God, I feel good. | 天啊 我感觉真好 |
[28:09] | You know, he looked so small to me. | 他看起来好渺小啊 |
[28:12] | In his stupid-ass T-shirt and just all… | 穿着那件愚蠢的T恤衫 而且还… |
[28:16] | talking about his empty dreams. It’s like a joke. | 一直谈论着他的黄粱美梦 真是个笑话 |
[28:20] | I just cannot believe | 我简直无法相信 |
[28:21] | I let him have that much power over me. | 我以前居然给了他那么大的掌控权 |
[28:24] | I’m proud of you, babe. | 我为你骄傲 宝贝 |
[28:25] | – You did good. – Thank you. | -你做得很好 -谢谢 |
[28:34] | I wanted to tell you about it. | 我想过要告诉你这些的 |
[28:38] | About all of it, about Marc, | 所有的一切 还有马克的事 |
[28:40] | so many times, but… | 我想过很多次 但是… |
[28:45] | I didn’t want you to-to look at me like a victim. | 我不想你把我看作受害者 |
[28:48] | Oh, Kate, come on. | 凯特 拜托 |
[28:49] | No. And today, you… you just sat patiently in the car | 听我说 而且你今天能一直耐心地坐在车里 |
[28:54] | when I know that you wanted to rip out his jugular, | 我知道你肯定恨不得活活掐死他 |
[28:56] | and you let me be my own white knight. | 但你让我成为了自己的骑士 |
[29:00] | And… you never looked at me | 而且… 你从来没有 |
[29:04] | like I was a victim. Ever. | 把我当作受害者 从来没有 |
[29:07] | And I could have just told you everything from day one. | 我本可以从交往第一天就告诉你这一切的 |
[29:12] | Day one would have been a lot, | 第一天可能有点过了 |
[29:14] | – but… – Okay. | -不过… -好啦 |
[29:17] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[29:18] | So, what would this mean to you | 那么 如果这个阿海说的是真的 |
[29:20] | if this Hai person was actually telling the truth? | 对你而言会意味着什么呢 |
[29:23] | Beyond William’s betrayal, I mean. | 除了威廉的背叛之外 |
[29:28] | Beyond William’s? | 除了威廉的背叛 |
[29:34] | You know, I put a… an ad in the paper | 你知道吗 我16岁的时候 |
[29:37] | looking for my mom when I was 16? | 在报纸上刊登过寻母广告 |
[29:40] | Some scam artist showed up at the park. | 然后一个骗子出现在了公园 |
[29:43] | She wanted money. | 她就是想要钱 |
[29:45] | That must have hurt. | 你一定很受伤 |
[29:47] | So much so that I stopped looking | 我深受打击 以至于我放弃寻找了 |
[29:50] | for another 20 years. | 足足放弃了20年 |
[29:56] | She had 35 years to find me, and she never even looked for me. | 她有35年的时间可以找我 而她从来没找过我 |
[30:01] | You don’t know if that’s what happened. | 你不知道实际情况是不是如此 |
[30:03] | I… | 我… |
[30:05] | Let’s look at it this way. | 我们从这个角度来看 |
[30:08] | At nine years old, you were curling your tongue | 9岁时 你在超市 |
[30:10] | at Black folks in supermarkets. | 对着黑人卷舌头 |
[30:13] | At 16, you put ads in the paper. | 16岁时 你在报纸上发广告 |
[30:16] | And at 35, you hired a P.I. | 35岁时 你雇了私家侦探 |
[30:20] | Your whole life, | 你的一生 |
[30:21] | your instincts have been telling you | 你的本能一直在告诉你 |
[30:24] | you need to know your history. | 你需要知道你的身世 |
[30:27] | Why do you think you needed that? | 你为什么觉得你需要呢 |
[30:30] | To know where I came from. | 为了知道我是从哪来的 |
[30:32] | To… to know who I was. | 为了知道我是谁 |
[30:35] | I don’t know, to… | 我不知道 为了… |
[30:39] | to feel connected or rooted | 为了体会与超出自身事物的 |
[30:42] | to something bigger than myself. | 某种联结感或维系感 |
[30:45] | Did knowing William help you do that? | 了解威廉之后你觉得有帮助吗 |
[30:50] | In a lot of ways it did. | 在很多方面有帮助的 |
[30:53] | Is there a chance that knowing Laurel’s story | 那么了解罗瑞尔的故事 |
[30:56] | could help you, too? | 会不会也对你有帮助 |
[30:59] | You’re already in the journey, Randall. | 你已经在路上了 兰德尔 |
[31:01] | Why not be in in it? | 为什么不走到底呢 |
[31:11] | Um, I made you a little to-go breakfast. | 我给你做了点临行早餐 |
[31:14] | This is so nice. You didn’t have to do that. | 这么贴心 你不需要做这些的 |
[31:15] | This-this… | 这个… |
[31:18] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[31:21] | You know, the car’s gonna be here… any second. | 车应该随时会到 |
[31:25] | Yeah, I just– I’m… | 是啊 我只是 我… |
[31:29] | I know I’m leaving at the worst possible time. | 我知道我走的简直太不是时候了 |
[31:33] | But when I come back, | 但当我回来时 |
[31:35] | it will be with a heart that is committed… | 我会带着一颗坚定的心… |
[31:39] | Kevin. I am deeply aware | 凯文 我非常清楚 |
[31:42] | that you come from a family of great speech-givers. | 你来自一个很擅长演讲的家族 |
[31:47] | I think you should use this time away to be real with yourself. | 我觉得你应该利用这段时间 面对真实的自己 |
[31:51] | To figure out how this relationship and family | 去弄清楚这段关系和这个家庭 |
[31:55] | is actually gonna work, and how these babies and I | 到底会如何发展 以及我和孩子们 |
[31:59] | are actually gonna fit in your life. | 到底要如何加入你的生活 |
[32:05] | You said you were all in, and I bought that. | 你说过你愿意负责 我也相信了 |
[32:10] | Take this moment to decide if you really are. | 用这段时间确定你内心的真实想法吧 |
[32:16] | I am. | 我愿意负责 |
[32:18] | Take the moment. | 花些时间再决定吧 |
[32:24] | Kiss the bubbalas goodbye. | 亲亲孩子们告个别吧 |
[32:27] | Oh, yeah. | 好的 |
[32:31] | Oh, man. Okay. | 天啊 好吧 |
[32:36] | You listen to your mom, okay, babies? | 你们要好好听妈妈的话 好吗 孩子们 |
[32:39] | Oh, okay. This is hard. | 好吧 离开你们太难了 |
[32:44] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[32:47] | Okay. | 保重 |
[32:51] | Okay. | 保重 |
[33:01] | Nothing went wrong. People change. | 这很正常 大家都会改变的 |
[33:03] | – People change? – Yeah. People change. | -大家都会改变 -是的 大家都会变 |
[33:06] | Can they change back? | 那他们可以再变回来吗 |
[33:10] | – I don’t know. – I think it’s harder. | -我不知道 -我觉得变回来会更难 |
[33:14] | Hey, Bug. | 宝贝 |
[33:16] | – How was your weekend? – It was fine. | -周末过得怎么样 -挺好的 |
[33:19] | Yeah? You had a good time with Molly? | 是吗 你和莫莉玩得开心吗 |
[33:23] | Is everything all right? | 没出什么事吧 |
[33:24] | You know, I did call a couple times to check in. | 因为我打了几次电话 想问问情况 |
[33:26] | I didn’t hear back. | 但都没什么回音 |
[33:31] | Oh, sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[33:33] | Is everything okay? What’s wrong? | 一切都还好吗 出什么事了 |
[33:35] | I was watching a sappy movie. | 我刚刚看了一部伤感的电影 |
[33:37] | It made me cry. | 搞得我哭了 |
[33:41] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:45] | Do you want some dinner? | 晚饭想吃点什么 |
[33:48] | I’ll take some ice cream. | 我想吃些冰淇淋 |
[33:50] | You got it. | 收到 |
[34:36] | Yo, yo, this is Kevin. | 呦呦 凯文在此 |
[34:38] | You really answer the phone like that, dude? | 你真的要这么接电话吗 伙计 |
[34:40] | Randall, what’s up? | 兰德尔 怎么了 |
[34:43] | So I’ve been thinking about you going to L.A. | 我一直在考虑你要去洛杉矶的事情 |
[34:47] | I don’t think you should do it. | 我觉得你不应该去 |
[34:49] | Right, ’cause you don’t think I’m talented. | 好吧 因为你觉得我毫无演技天赋 |
[34:51] | No, no, it’s not that. | 不不 不是那样的 |
[34:53] | You just got married. | 你刚刚结婚 |
[34:55] | Sophie’s one of the best things | 遇到索菲是你这辈子 |
[34:57] | that’s ever happened to you, | 最幸运的事之一 |
[34:58] | and this could really stress your relationship. | 两地分居很可能会影响你们的关系 |
[35:01] | Sophie and I have been together since we were ten, Randall. | 我和索菲从十岁开始就在一起了 兰德尔 |
[35:04] | We can hack a few months apart. | 分开几个月我们不会有事的 |
[35:05] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[35:07] | You know, because when I think of anything | 因为我一想到有任何事可能会影响 |
[35:08] | getting in between me and Beth… | 我和贝丝之间的关系… |
[35:11] | …it makes my stomach hurt. | 我的胃都会疼起来 |
[35:14] | That’s ’cause you’re whipped. | 那是因为你太脆弱了 |
[35:19] | Sorry I called. | 好吧 抱歉打扰了 |
[35:21] | No, look, I, uh… | 别 听我说 我… |
[35:24] | I appreciate the concern. | 我很感激你的关心 |
[35:26] | But Sophie and I are solid. | 但我和索菲的感情很稳固 |
[35:29] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们不会有事的 |
[35:30] | And look, when I’m a big star, | 再说了 等我成了大明星 |
[35:32] | and we’re living in some mansion, | 我们可以一起住在某座别墅里 |
[35:33] | it’ll all be worth it. | 现在的牺牲都是值得的 |
[35:36] | Okay, Kev. | 好吧 小凯 |
[35:38] | Whatever you say. | 既然你都这么说了 |
[36:27] | Hey. Everything all right with Mom? | 妈妈没事吧 |
[36:29] | Uh, with the babies? | 宝宝们也都好吗 |
[36:31] | Yeah. | 都好 |
[36:32] | Mom’s good, um, and Madison’s… | 妈妈很好 而麦迪逊… |
[36:35] | She’s fine. Yeah. | 她也没事 是的 |
[36:40] | I-I saw your, uh, your-your strip clip | 我在社交软件的热搜榜上 |
[36:44] | on Hoda’s Twitter feed. | 看到了你的脱衣舞视频 |
[36:45] | It’s hilarious, man. | 真是太搞笑了 哥们 |
[36:47] | It’s good– And not, like, in an embarrassing way at all. | 跳得很好 而且完全没有一丝丝拘谨 |
[36:49] | I mean, it comes off really charming. | 整个显得你非常有魅力 |
[36:51] | – It’s great. – Yeah. It’s been a trip. | -非常棒 -是啊 全新的体验 |
[36:57] | Uh, h-how is everybody there? How are the girls? | 你那边大家都怎么样 孩子们都还好吗 |
[37:00] | Good. They’re good. | 都好 她们都很好 |
[37:03] | Uh, Zoom schooling is a unique version of hell, | 上网课绝对是变相的地狱级别折磨 |
[37:06] | – but, um… – I bet. | -不过… -我估计也是 |
[37:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:16] | – So… – Anyway, uh… | -所以… -其实… |
[37:18] | Oh, no, I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry, no, g-go ahead. | 不 抱歉 对不起 你先说吧 |
[37:21] | No, I wasn’t, uh, n– Go ahead. | 不 我没什么… 你说吧 |
[37:24] | Well, l-look, the reason I was calling is I’m-I’m, um… | 其实我给你打电话来是因为我… |
[37:31] | I’m finding myself in a really, um… | 我发现我自己和麦迪逊… |
[37:36] | …complicated place with Madison, | 陷入了某种特别复杂的困境里 |
[37:40] | and I’m a little bit lost on how to deal with it, | 我也有点不知道应该怎么处理了 |
[37:43] | and I-I, uh… the first thought that I had… | 所以我…我首先想到的就是… |
[37:47] | …was, uh, | 就是… |
[37:49] | well, it was “What would Randall do?” | 首先想到的就是”兰德尔会怎么做” |
[37:57] | I, uh, I have that thought a lot, actually. | 其实我经常有这种念头 |
[38:00] | That’s a nice thing to say. | 你这么说真的很贴心 |
[38:04] | It’s a… | 而且… |
[38:06] | nice thing to know. | 我听到也很开心 |
[38:10] | I know it seems ironic, too, | 我知道这话听起来也挺讽刺的 |
[38:12] | uh, because of all of the… | 因为当时… |
[38:15] | horrible things that I said to you | 我对你说了很多恶毒的话 |
[38:17] | that day when we were, uh… | 就那天我们… |
[38:19] | Ah, we said a lot of things, Kev. | 我们那天都说了很多 小凯 |
[38:22] | Yeah, but, uh… | 是啊 不过… |
[38:31] | Randall, Kate was telling me about some of the things, uh, | 兰德尔 凯特跟我说了 |
[38:35] | that you felt | 成长过程中 |
[38:36] | during our childhood, some of… | 你的一些感受 那些… |
[38:41] | Is that really how you felt? | 你当初真的是那么想的吗 |
[38:49] | Yeah, Kev, it is. | 是的 小凯 是真的 |
[38:53] | Well, that is horrible. | 那真是太糟糕了 |
[39:02] | I can’t imagine having to keep all that to yourself. | 我无法想象独自承担这些有多痛苦 |
[39:14] | Hey, Kev, I’m sorry to cut you off, | 小凯 抱歉打断你 |
[39:17] | but, um, now’s not a great time. | 但我现在有点不方便 |
[39:20] | I-I have a really important phone call | 我现在有一通非常重要的电话 |
[39:22] | that I have to make right now. | 需要马上去打 |
[39:30] | Yeah, no, I get it. Yeah, no, you-you do you. | 好的 我明白 好吧 你先忙你的 |
[39:32] | – I-I get it. – But we’ll talk soon, all right? | -我明白了 -但我们稍后再聊 好吗 |
[39:39] | We’re really about to do this? | 我们真的要去联系他吗 |
[39:40] | I’m already in it, so… let’s get in it. | 我已经在路上了 不如就走到底吧 |
[39:49] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[39:51] | – I’m so nervous. – I’m gonna boot. | -我好紧张 -我也是 |
[39:57] | Hello? | 你好 |
[40:00] | Hi, Hai. | 嗨 阿海 |
[40:03] | Um, sorry. Uh, what I meant to say was hello. | 抱歉 其实我刚刚想说的是你好 |
[40:06] | Um, is this Hai? | 请问是阿海吗 |
[40:08] | Uh, yes, this is he. | 是的 我是 |
[40:11] | This is Randall Pearson. | 我是兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[40:15] | Oh, Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[40:17] | I’m so pleased to hear from you. | 很高兴接到你的电话 |
[40:22] | Uh, Hai? | 阿海 |
[40:23] | Do you mind if I just jump into asking you | 你介意我跳过寒暄 |
[40:26] | a really blunt question? | 问你一个非常直接的问题吗 |
[40:28] | Go ahead. | 请说 |
[40:30] | You mentioned in your e-mail that Laurel died in May of 2015. | 你在电邮说 罗瑞尔是在2015年5月去世的 |
[40:35] | Of breast cancer, yes. | 死于乳腺癌 是的 |
[40:41] | Um, my father told me that Laurel overdosed | 可我父亲跟我说罗瑞尔生下我后没多久 |
[40:43] | and died shortly after I was born. | 就因为服药过量而去世了 |
[40:49] | So are you saying that he was lying? | 所以你觉得他是在撒谎吗 |
[40:54] | From what I know of the story, I believe he was telling you | 据我所知 他应该是把自己认为的真相 |
[40:58] | what he thought was the truth. | 告诉了你 |
[41:15] | Um, this is Beth, Randall’s wife. | 我是贝丝 兰德尔的妻子 |
[41:17] | How exactly did you know Laurel? | 你是怎么认识罗瑞尔的呢 |
[41:20] | We met in our early 20s, here in Orleans Parish. | 我们是在二十多岁的时候 在奥尔良县认识的 |
[41:28] | Sorry, I didn’t expect to feel so strange | 抱歉 我没想到在电话上聊她的事 |
[41:30] | talking about her on the phone. | 会让我觉得这么奇怪 |
[41:33] | I’ve thought of telling you about her for so many years. | 这么多年来我一直想告诉你有关她的事 |
[41:37] | I just wish I could see your face. | 我真希望能当面跟你说 |
[41:40] | I wish I could show you the places she lived, | 我希望能带你看看她住过的地方 |
[41:46] | the things she loved. | 她喜欢的东西 |
[41:59] | Hey, what if we were to come up then? | 那不如我们过去拜访你如何 |
[42:03] | If that’s what you could do. | 那就再好不过了 |
[42:07] | To see where my mother lived, | 能亲眼看看我妈住过的地方 |
[42:09] | and the things she loved. | 还有她喜欢的东西 |
[42:12] | I would like that very much. | 我非常乐意 |