时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Today’s bulletin, | 今天的简报 |
[00:03] | it’s kind of going viral. | 帖子似乎火了 |
[00:05] | I’m doing this for William Hill | 我这样做是为了威廉·希尔 |
[00:07] | because you all were his family | 因为你们都曾是他的家人 |
[00:09] | “My name’s Hai Lang, and I live in New Orleans. | “我的名字是郎海 我住在新奥尔良 |
[00:12] | “I believe I knew your mother, Laurel. | 我觉得我认识你母亲罗瑞尔” |
[00:14] | “I was by her side when she died | 2015年5月她去世时 |
[00:15] | in May of 2015.” | 我在她身边” |
[00:17] | What? | 什么 |
[00:18] | I wish I could show you | 我希望能带你看看 |
[00:20] | the places she lived, | 她住过的地方 |
[00:21] | the things she loved. | 她喜欢的东西 |
[00:22] | Hey, what if we were to come out there? | 那不如我们过去拜访你如何 |
[00:25] | If that’s what you could do. | 那就再好不过了 |
[00:36] | You okay, babe? | 你还好吗 宝贝 |
[00:38] | You haven’t said much since we got in last night. | 我们昨晚到这之后 你一直挺沉默的 |
[00:41] | I’m just thinking about the last time we were here. | 我在想我们上次来这里的时候 |
[00:43] | Our fifth anniversary. | 五周年纪念日 |
[00:45] | we tried absinthe for the first time. | 那是我们第一次喝苦艾酒 |
[00:48] | That was a good night. | 真是美好的夜晚 |
[00:51] | Five-hour man. | 一夜五小时的男人 |
[00:52] | It was six. | 是六小时 |
[00:53] | – Don’t short-change a brother. – Oh, okay. My fault. | -别给哥说少了 -好 怪我 |
[00:57] | We were here for… what? | 我们当时待了多久 |
[00:58] | Five, six days? | 五六天 |
[01:02] | Could’ve walked right past her and wouldn’t have even known it. | 我们很可能跟她擦肩而过 却完全没意识到 |
[01:32] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[01:33] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[01:36] | It’s nice to finally meet you in person. | 终于见到你很开心 |
[01:38] | It’s a pleasure. | 幸会 |
[01:39] | Thank you for agreeing to this. | 谢谢你同意见我们 |
[01:41] | And thank you for testing and quarantining. | 也谢谢你们做检测和隔离 |
[01:44] | – I know it’s a lot to ask. – Not at all. | -我知道很辛苦 -没关系 |
[01:46] | You remember my wife, Beth? | 你记得我妻子贝丝吧 |
[01:48] | Your place is beautiful. | 你的房子很漂亮 |
[01:50] | It’s, uh, actually yours. | 其实是你的房子 |
[01:53] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[01:54] | This house, | 这座房子 |
[01:56] | this land… | 这块地 |
[01:57] | it was your mother’s. | 以前是你妈妈的 |
[01:59] | And now it’s yours. | 现在是你的了 |
[02:02] | Come in. | 请进 |
[02:07] | I’m gonna need some absinthe tonight. | 我今晚得多喝点苦艾酒 |
[02:19] | You must have a million questions. | 你们肯定有一百万个问题 |
[02:21] | A million is in the ballpark, yes. | 差不多是这个数吧 |
[02:25] | I’ll tell you what I know, | 我先把我知道的 |
[02:27] | from the beginning. | 从头讲一遍 |
[02:33] | Your mother was a Dubois. | 你妈妈姓杜布瓦 |
[02:36] | They were the most distinguished family in town. | 他们是镇上最高贵的家庭 |
[02:40] | I think that was always a lot of pressure on Laurel. | 我觉得这一直让罗瑞尔压力很大 |
[02:43] | Oh, stop. | 好了 |
[02:44] | I’ll check the guest list, but I think we should go. | 我看了宾客表 我觉得我们应该去 |
[02:47] | Elizabeth, I said I’d think about it. | 伊丽莎白 我说了我会考虑 |
[02:48] | I don’t want to think about it right now. | 我不想现在考虑 |
[02:52] | Hilda, my briefcase. | 希尔达 公文包给我 |
[02:54] | You’re going to the bank on Sunday? | 你周日还要去银行吗 |
[02:57] | It’s such a lovely day out, | 今天天气这么好 |
[02:58] | I thought we might take a stroll after lunch. | 我本想午饭后一起出去散个步 |
[03:01] | Laurel… | 罗瑞尔 |
[03:03] | What is it I always say? | 我常说的那句话是什么 |
[03:08] | You need to start paying more attention during Mass, | 你得在弥撒曲的时候用心听 |
[03:10] | young lady. | 小姑娘 |
[03:11] | Jackson… | 杰克逊 |
[03:13] | “To whomever much is given, | “得到的越多” |
[03:14] | much will be required.” | “责任就越大” |
[03:16] | Luke 12:48. | 路加福音12:48 |
[03:17] | Very good. | 很好 |
[03:21] | Elizabeth, honey. | 伊丽莎白 宝贝 |
[03:22] | If I get back before supper, | 如果我在晚饭前回来 |
[03:24] | maybe we’ll take that stroll. | 我们可以考虑散个步 |
[03:27] | You two, mind your mother. | 你们照顾好妈妈 |
[03:37] | I’ve got to lay down. | 我去躺一会儿 |
[03:39] | I do not want to hear the television set | 作业做完之前 |
[03:41] | until homework is finished, you hear me? | 不许开电视 听到了吗 |
[03:43] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 妈妈 |
[03:55] | You can’t let Daddy ruffle your feathers. | 别让爸爸影响你的心情 |
[04:00] | Cover for me while I go visit Aunt Mae? | 我去找梅姑姑玩 你帮我打掩护吗 |
[04:02] | Again? | 又去 |
[04:04] | Well, if you’re so worried, come with me. | 你要是这么担心 就跟我一起去 |
[04:07] | Then who would sneak you back in when you got home? | 那等你到家谁帮你开门 |
[04:12] | Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢哥哥 谢谢哥哥 谢谢 |
[04:31] | Mind my peppers. | 别踩到我的青椒 |
[04:34] | I forgot, you have eyes in the back of your head. | 我忘了 你背后是长眼睛的 |
[04:37] | No, I just know you. | 不 我只是了解你 |
[04:40] | There are two kinds of people in this world. | 这世界上有两种人 |
[04:42] | The ones who look before they leap, | 一种人三思而后行 |
[04:44] | and the other ones, who throw their arms out | 另一种人张开双臂 |
[04:47] | and plunge into the void, | 纵身投入未知 |
[04:48] | not the least bit worried about what’s below. | 毫不担心结果如何 |
[04:51] | And you, my darling, are the latter. | 而你 亲爱的 是后一种人 |
[04:54] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[04:56] | ‘Cause I’m the latter, too. | 因为我也是后一种人 |
[04:58] | I was fixin’ to go for a swim. | 我准备去游泳 |
[04:59] | You want to come? All right. | 你想一起去吗 好的 |
[05:01] | Help me get those tomatoes inside. | 帮我把那些西红柿拿进去 |
[05:17] | I know. I know I’m late. | 我知道 我知道我回来晚了 |
[05:21] | Mama’s gonna have a fit. Come on. | 妈妈要大发脾气了 快点 |
[05:25] | Laurel, where have you been? | 罗瑞尔 你去哪儿了 |
[05:29] | And don’t you even fix your mouth to tell a lie. | 别想跟我编瞎话 |
[05:38] | Aunt Mae’s. | 梅姑姑那里 |
[05:41] | After I forbade you? | 我不说禁止你去吗 |
[05:42] | I’m sorry, Daddy. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[05:43] | I will not tolerate a disobedient child. | 我不会纵容一个不听话的孩子 |
[05:46] | If you even think about going over there again, | 如果你再敢想着往她那跑 |
[05:48] | you will get a lashing you will not soon forget. | 你就等着挨抽来长记性吧 |
[05:50] | Am I clear? | 我说清楚了吗 |
[05:53] | Yes, sir. | 说清楚了 |
[06:02] | Sit still. | 坐着别动 |
[06:03] | I’ll comb the wild out you if it’s the last thing I do. | 我无论如何都要把你这头发梳开 |
[06:12] | Can I hide out in here? | 我能在这儿藏会吗 |
[06:14] | Only if you promise to be quiet. | 你别吵就行 |
[06:25] | Don’t you have any Marvin Gaye? | 你没有马文·盖伊的歌吗 |
[06:27] | Mahalia Jackson sang for MLK. | 这是马哈丽亚·杰克逊为马丁·路德·金唱的歌 |
[06:29] | She’s an American queen. | 她是美国歌唱女王 |
[06:38] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[06:40] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[06:41] | Just still don’t understand | 我只是还不明白 |
[06:42] | how Daddy could hate his own sister. | 爸爸怎么会恨他自己的妹妹 |
[06:45] | Aunt Mae’s his blood. | 梅姑姑是他的血亲 |
[06:48] | I could never hate you, Jackson. | 我绝不会恨你 杰克逊 |
[06:50] | Other than Aunt Mae, you’re the only one who understands me. | 除了梅姑姑 你是唯一一个懂我的人了 |
[06:54] | I don’t understand you. | 我并不懂你 |
[06:58] | All right. You ain’t even holding this right, okay? | 好了 你都没拿对地方 好吗 |
[07:00] | Let me show you. | 看我的 |
[07:04] | Laurel hated being away from Aunt Mae. | 劳瑞尔讨厌离开梅姑姑 |
[07:07] | But she had Jackson. | 但她还有杰克逊 |
[07:09] | And when he went to fight in Vietnam, | 在他去越南打仗之后 |
[07:12] | she said she never felt so alone. | 她说她从来没觉得那么孤单过 |
[08:22] | I can’t believe he’s gone. | 我无法相信他不在了 |
[08:29] | Jackson is really gone. | 杰克逊真的不在了 |
[08:34] | What am I gonna do without him? | 没有他 我要怎么办 |
[08:40] | God can take your pain… | 上帝会带走你的痛苦 |
[08:45] | …my sweet Laurel. | 我亲爱的劳瑞尔 |
[08:51] | But you have to let it go. | 但前提是你要放手 |
[08:57] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道怎么办 |
[09:05] | There. | 去那 |
[09:09] | I go in there, | 我浸入水中 |
[09:12] | and let it all out. | 把一切都发泄出来 |
[09:20] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[09:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:28] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[10:29] | Is it too much? | 没法接受吗 |
[10:31] | No, I’m sorry. I, uh… | 不是 抱歉 我… |
[10:34] | I just met and lost an uncle in the course of five minutes. | 我刚在五分钟内认识然后失去了一个舅舅 |
[10:39] | I, uh, I didn’t realize that | 我没想到 |
[10:40] | you’d know quite so much about her. | 你会这么了解她 |
[10:43] | How did you know her exactly? | 你到底是怎么认识她的 |
[10:46] | If I’m being honest, | 老实说 |
[10:48] | your mother was the love of my life. | 你母亲是我此生挚爱 |
[10:57] | After the war ended, my family and I became refugees. | 战争结束后 我和家人成了难民 |
[11:02] | The church helped bring a lot of us here. | 教会把很多难民带到了这来 |
[11:05] | The weather, the water… | 这里的天气 湖泊… |
[11:07] | made it a perfect home for us. | 为我们造就了完美的家园 |
[11:09] | I decided to become a fisherman to care for my parents. | 我决定成为渔民 照顾父母 |
[11:14] | It was out there where I saw Laurel for the first time. | 就是在水中 我第一次看到了劳瑞尔 |
[11:17] | Or should I say, | 或者说 |
[11:18] | heard her for the first time. | 第一次听到她的声音 |
[12:01] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[12:02] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[12:04] | Get away from me! | 离我远点儿 |
[12:06] | I’m not drowning. | 我没溺水 |
[12:13] | I couldn’t stop thinking about the woman | 我忍不住一直想着 |
[12:15] | who wasn’t drowning. | 那个没溺水的女人 |
[12:18] | That’s what I called her before I knew her name. | 在知道她的名字之前 我一直那么叫她 |
[12:22] | Before I knew anything. | 或者说在对她有任何了解之前 |
[12:27] | Oh, Mae, let me get that for you. | 梅 我来帮你拿这个 |
[12:31] | These old bones appreciate the help, | 我这把老骨头谢谢你的帮忙 |
[12:33] | but I don’t want to get in the way of you spending time | 但我不想占用你跟你那个 |
[12:35] | with that handsome fellow of yours. | 帅哥朋友共度时光的时间 |
[12:37] | Marshall’s busy at the bank with Daddy. As usual. | 马歇尔跟爸爸一起在银行加班呢 老样子 |
[12:42] | That’s not a complaint. | 这可不是在抱怨 |
[12:43] | Any woman in New Orleans | 能跟他在一起 |
[12:44] | would be lucky to have him. | 是新奥尔良女人的荣幸 |
[12:46] | So he’s a dud. | 看来他是个窝囊废 |
[12:48] | Aunt Mae, quit! | 梅姑姑 别说了 |
[12:50] | You go and take these over to Marcel. | 你去把这些拿给马塞尔 |
[12:52] | If he tries to pay for ’em, don’t take his money. | 如果他要付钱的话 不要收 |
[12:54] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 姑姑 |
[12:58] | – Hi, Mr. Leblanc. – Good morning, Miss Dubois. | -你好 勒布朗先生 -早上好 杜布瓦小姐 |
[13:00] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[13:07] | It’s you. | 是你啊 |
[13:09] | It’s you from the lake. | 你是湖里那个人 |
[13:14] | What? | 什么 |
[13:23] | You. “Aah!” | 你 “啊” |
[13:25] | Yeah, that was me. | 没错 就是我 |
[13:27] | But I wasn’t drowning. | 但我没溺水 |
[13:31] | I’m Laurel. | 我是罗瑞尔 |
[13:33] | Hai. | 阿海[与”嗨”谐音] |
[13:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:37] | No. | 不是 |
[13:38] | Hai. | 阿海 |
[13:42] | That’s your name. | 那是你的名字啊 |
[13:44] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[13:59] | For me? | 给我的吗 |
[14:01] | I… I’m not much of a cook. | 我不太会做饭 |
[14:08] | Bad cook. | 不会 做饭 |
[14:19] | I cook. You eat? | 我做饭 你来吃 |
[14:27] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[14:37] | I still remember the look in her eyes. | 我还记得她的眼神 |
[14:51] | Being with her… | 和她在一起的日子… |
[14:52] | Pinch the tail. | 掐掉尾巴 |
[14:54] | Suck the head. | 吸食头部 |
[14:59] | …was the best time of my life. | 是我人生中最美好的时光 |
[15:03] | It’s so nice to have you over, Marshall. | 你能来真是太好了 马歇尔 |
[15:06] | But I know it was complicated for her. | 但我知道她的情况很复杂 |
[15:16] | I want to tell you something, but… | 我想跟你说件事 不过… |
[15:21] | …don’t make fun of me, okay? | 你不许笑我 好吗 |
[15:24] | What? | 什么 |
[15:33] | Em yêu anh. | 我爱你 |
[15:37] | Anh yêu em. | 我爱你 |
[15:40] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[16:17] | Laurel. | 罗瑞尔 |
[16:29] | Daddy, I didn’t know you were up. | 爸爸 我不知道你还没睡 |
[16:33] | It’s after midnight. | 已经过了十二点了 |
[16:36] | I was studying at Dorothy’s. | 我去多萝西家学习了 |
[16:37] | Then we went into the city. | 然后我们进城逛了一下 |
[16:39] | Must’ve lost track of time. | 我一定是忘了时间 |
[16:42] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:43] | Come on. | 过来 |
[16:50] | You know, I feel like I hardly even see you | 我感觉最近几周 |
[16:53] | at dinner these last few weeks. | 你几乎没回家吃过晚饭 |
[16:56] | My studies have been keeping me busy. | 我学习一直很忙 |
[16:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:00] | Marshall told me as much. | 马歇尔也是这么说的 |
[17:05] | I offered him the vice president’s position at the bank. | 我给了他银行副总监的职位 |
[17:08] | That’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[17:10] | – I’m happy for him. – Yeah. | -我真替他高兴 -是啊 |
[17:13] | He plans to propose. | 他打算求婚 |
[17:15] | I’ve already given him my blessing. | 我已经同意了 |
[17:17] | Quite frankly, it was an easy yes. | 说实话 我答应得很干脆 |
[17:23] | Now, the reason I’m telling you all of this | 我跟你说这些 |
[17:26] | is because Marshall is coming over for dinner | 是因为马歇尔要过来吃晚饭 |
[17:29] | to celebrate his promotion. | 庆祝他升职 |
[17:33] | Should he decide to propose… | 如果他要求婚… |
[17:37] | …your answer will be an easy yes. | 你也要毫不犹豫地答应他 |
[18:00] | Laurel? | 罗瑞尔 |
[18:01] | I can’t be here one more day. | 我在这一天也待不下去了 |
[18:04] | Let’s leave. I know people in Chicago. | 我们走吧 我在芝加哥有认识的人 |
[18:07] | We can go now. | 我们可以现在就走 |
[18:09] | We can be together freely, like we always wanted. | 我们可以过上梦想中自由自在的生活 |
[18:12] | I love you, Hai. | 我爱你 阿海 |
[18:15] | Come with me. | 跟我走吧 |
[18:20] | I knew her father would not let us be together, | 我知道她的父亲不会让我们在一起 |
[18:24] | and I wanted to go with her. | 而且我也想跟她走 |
[18:27] | But my parents wouldn’t have survived without me. | 但我的父母离了我就没法生活 |
[18:30] | I cannot. | 我不能走 |
[18:34] | S-Stay with me. | 留在我身边 |
[18:38] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[18:42] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[18:57] | So she went to Chicago? | 所以她去了芝加哥吗 |
[19:00] | She never made it. | 她没去成 |
[19:02] | The cheapest bus out was to Pittsburgh. | 最便宜的巴士是去匹兹堡的 |
[19:04] | And that’s when she met William and had me? | 她就在那时遇见了威廉 生下了我吗 |
[19:06] | Eventually. | 最终是这样 |
[19:07] | She needed time to adjust to the city, | 她花了一些时间来适应那座城市 |
[19:10] | – find her place. – Okay. | -找到她的位置 -行了 |
[19:11] | Look, um… | 听我说… |
[19:14] | we’ve come a long way. | 我们大老远跑过来 |
[19:15] | And you have told us a gorgeous story. | 而你也给我们讲述了一个动人的爱情故事 |
[19:18] | Seriously, it rivals The Notebook. | 说真的 《恋恋笔记本》都相形见绌 |
[19:19] | Randall, just let him finish. | 兰德尔 让他说完吧 |
[19:20] | All I really want to know is why William told me | 我只想知道 为什么威廉会告诉我 |
[19:22] | my mother died of an overdose after having me. | 我妈妈是在生下我之后用药过量去世的 |
[19:24] | Now, you said on the phone that he was telling the truth. | 你在电话里说 他说的是事实 |
[19:27] | But how? Like, why did he think she died? | 但怎么会呢 为什么他会以为她死了 |
[19:30] | Because she did. | 因为她确实死了 |
[19:33] | What? | 什么 |
[19:34] | Hai, we’re gonna need a little more than that. | 阿海 你得再说详细点 |
[19:37] | The nurses told Laurel she OD’d. | 护士说她服药过量了 |
[19:39] | She was unresponsive. | 她当时没有反应了 |
[19:41] | Joel, leave her. | 乔尔 别按了 |
[19:43] | I-Is she gone? | 她死了吗 |
[19:45] | Mark the time and call it in. | 记下死亡时间 打电话叫车来 |
[19:47] | The paramedics said when they were trying to revive her, | 急救队员说当他们在施救的时候 |
[19:49] | your father took you and ran. | 你父亲带着你逃走了 |
[19:52] | So that’s it? | 所以就这样了吗 |
[19:54] | I mean, after she got out of the hospital, | 等她出院之后 |
[19:55] | why didn’t she try to find me? | 她为什么没找我 |
[19:57] | William didn’t just vanish into thin air. | 威廉又没有人间蒸发 |
[19:59] | She was going to. | 她本来想找你的 |
[20:00] | Then why didn’t she? What stopped her? | 那她为什么没来 是什么阻止了她 |
[20:02] | Prison. | 监狱 |
[20:06] | Please sit. | 坐下吧 |
[20:10] | This isn’t The Notebook. | 这并不是《恋恋笔记本》 |
[20:20] | Like I said, | 如我所说 |
[20:23] | Laurel didn’t go to prison right away. | 罗瑞尔没有立刻被关进监狱 |
[20:26] | She ended up in the hospital. | 她被送去了医院 |
[20:29] | Where’s my baby? | 我的孩子呢 |
[20:32] | W-Where’s my baby? | 我的孩子呢 |
[20:35] | – Where’s my baby? – Ma’am, please. | -我的孩子呢 -女士 冷静 |
[20:37] | – I need you to relax. – I need my baby. | -请你放松 -我要找我的孩子 |
[20:39] | – Take it easy. Take it easy. – All right. | -放轻松 放轻松 -好吧 |
[20:41] | William? William? | 威廉 威廉 |
[20:43] | We don’t know where he is, | 我们不知道他在哪儿 |
[20:44] | – but you just need to relax, okay? – I need my baby. | -但你不要激动 好吗 -我要见我的孩子 |
[20:46] | Take it easy. | 放松 |
[20:47] | William… | 威廉… |
[20:54] | – There you go. – I need my baby. | -好好睡吧 -我要见我的孩子 |
[20:59] | What kind of mother gets high after giving birth? | 什么样的母亲会在生完孩子之后吸毒啊 |
[21:02] | Wherever that baby is, he’s better off. | 不管那孩子在哪 还是离她远点好 |
[21:08] | She recovered in the hospital for a few days. | 她在医院休养了几天 |
[21:14] | There she is. | 她在这里 |
[21:14] | Then the police showed up. | 然后警察出现了 |
[21:18] | Laurel Dubois? | 罗瑞尔·杜布瓦 |
[21:19] | And she was arrested for drug possession. | 她因为持有毒品被逮捕 |
[21:21] | There’s a warrant out for your arrest. | 这是针对你的逮捕令 |
[21:32] | We don’t have a phone. | 我们没有电话 |
[21:34] | I-I need to call my boyfriend, but we don’t have a phone. | 我得打电话给我男朋友 但我们没有电话 |
[21:37] | There’s no one else? No family? | 你没有其他人可以联系了吗 亲人之类的 |
[22:06] | Dubois residence. | 杜布瓦宅 |
[22:12] | Hello? | 你好 |
[22:20] | Laurel? | 罗瑞尔 |
[22:44] | Laurel’s lawyer made her plead guilty. | 罗瑞尔的律师让她认罪 |
[22:47] | It was her only offense. | 她只犯过那一次罪 |
[22:49] | He thought she’d get mercy. | 他还以为她会被宽大处理 |
[22:51] | But the judge sentenced her to five years. | 但法官判她入狱五年 |
[22:59] | The prisons in Pittsburgh were overcrowded, | 匹兹堡的监狱人太多了 |
[23:02] | so Laurel was sent to California. | 所以罗瑞尔被送往了加州 |
[23:21] | She didn’t talk much about that time, | 关于那段日子 她不愿多说 |
[23:24] | and I didn’t push. | 我也不想勉强 |
[23:26] | I knew it was too painful. | 我知道一定是太痛苦了 |
[23:32] | But she said there wasn’t a single night that went by | 但她说 她每个晚上 |
[23:37] | when she didn’t dream about you. | 都会梦到你 |
[23:55] | What year was she released? | 她是哪年出狱的 |
[23:57] | ’85. | 1985年 |
[24:15] | Laurel only had enough money for a one-way bus ticket. | 罗瑞尔身上的钱只够买一张单程票 |
[24:22] | She thought about going to find you, | 她想过去找你 |
[24:25] | but I think she was still punishing herself. | 但我觉得她仍然没有宽恕自己 |
[24:29] | She felt she forfeited the right to be your mother, | 她觉得自己失去了做你母亲的权利 |
[24:33] | so she went to the only place she knew. | 所以她就去了她唯一知道的地方 |
[25:06] | You have nothing to be ashamed of. | 你没什么好羞愧的 |
[25:11] | I do. | 我有 |
[25:16] | I had a child, Aunt Mae. | 我生了个孩子 梅姑姑 |
[25:20] | I had a baby with a man who loved me. | 我和一个爱我的男人生了孩子 |
[25:25] | A boy. | 是个男孩 |
[25:31] | I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他现在在哪里 |
[25:38] | He used to give me gardenias. | 他从前会摘栀子花送给我 |
[25:44] | Who? | 谁 |
[25:46] | Raymond Blanchard. | 雷蒙德·布兰查德 |
[25:48] | I didn’t know gardenias were my favorite | 我自己都不知道栀子花是我的最爱 |
[25:50] | till he gave them to me. | 直到他摘来送我 |
[25:54] | I loved him more than life. | 我爱他胜过爱生命 |
[25:59] | But I was so young. | 但我当时太年轻 |
[26:02] | So naive. | 太天真 |
[26:05] | Naive enough to think that a married man could be mine. | 天真到认为自己能得到一个已婚男人的心 |
[26:10] | That’s why I was… | 所以当我… |
[26:12] | happy when I got pregnant. | 怀孕后 我很开心 |
[26:17] | I thought that would bind us together, | 我以为孩子会把我们绑在一起 |
[26:21] | make us a family. | 让我们成为一家人 |
[26:24] | What happened? | 后来发生了什么 |
[26:28] | I lost ’em both. | 我谁都没留住 |
[26:33] | And it changed me. | 这件事改变了我 |
[26:38] | I let my broken heart be all that I was. | 我被悲伤吞噬了身心 |
[26:43] | And after that, my parents sent me away. | 在那之后 我父母把我送走了 |
[26:48] | But I came here. | 但我来到了这里 |
[26:52] | Found salvation. | 找到了救赎 |
[26:58] | Oh, we should call your parents. | 我们应该给你父母打电话 |
[27:01] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[27:03] | Oh, they… they need to know you’re back. | 得让他们知道你回来了 |
[27:07] | They’re better off. | 他们不知道更好 |
[27:09] | No. | 不 |
[27:11] | I was no good as a daughter, and I’m no good as a mother. | 我是个不称职的女儿 也是个不称职的母亲 |
[27:14] | Hey, stop that talk. | 别说这种话 |
[27:19] | My son is gonna grow up thinking I didn’t love him. | 我儿子从小到大都会以为我不爱他 |
[27:22] | No. | 不会的 |
[27:23] | Why couldn’t I be good for him? | 我为什么不能当个好母亲呢 |
[27:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:29] | You can’t keep doing this to yourself. | 你不能再这样折磨自己了 |
[27:34] | If you don’t let the guilt go, | 如果你不把愧疚放下 |
[27:38] | it’ll strangle you. | 会窒息的 |
[27:42] | It will. | 真的 |
[28:44] | Come on, now, cher, I’ll give you a quarter. | 拜托 亲爱的 我给你25分钱 |
[28:49] | Now, why you want to give me a hard time, huh? | 你为什么要跟我过不去呢 |
[28:51] | Either you want the onions, or you don’t. | 想买洋葱就买 要不就别买 |
[28:54] | She don’t never smile, does she? | 她永远也不笑 是吧 |
[28:55] | Leave me out of it, Woodrow. | 别把我扯进来 伍德罗 |
[28:57] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:01] | Appreciate you. | 谢谢 |
[29:05] | He’s right, you know? | 其实 他说的没错 |
[29:06] | About what? | 什么事 |
[29:08] | I miss that big smile of yours. | 我也想念你之前的微笑了 |
[29:10] | I’m not sure what there is to smile about. | 我没感觉有什么让我想笑的事 |
[29:12] | Your health, for one. | 比如 你的健康 |
[29:14] | And me, for another. | 还有我 也算一个 |
[29:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:18] | I-I’m sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[29:20] | I just can’t find a reason to… | 我只是找不到理由… |
[29:44] | All right. | 好了 |
[29:44] | Time-out. | 停 |
[29:46] | So all y’all did was wave? | 所以你们就只是挥了下手吗 |
[29:49] | All that hot sexual tension, and the only… | 之前的干柴烈火 只剩下… |
[29:51] | I’m sorry, but there was hot sexual… | 抱歉 但你们确实曾干柴… |
[29:53] | There wasn’t much we could do. | 我们当时无可奈何 |
[29:55] | I was married. | 我结婚了 |
[29:57] | My wife was pregnant. | 我妻子怀孕了 |
[29:58] | And I hadn’t seen Laurel in so long. | 而且我也很久没见过罗瑞尔了 |
[30:01] | So yes, it was just a wave. | 所以没错 我们只是挥了手 |
[30:05] | At least that’s how it was for several years. | 至少在之后的几年只是这样 |
[30:08] | We had a few moments. | 我们有过几个心动瞬间 |
[30:11] | Small but enough. | 很细微 但也够了 |
[30:15] | I’m sorry, Hai. | 抱歉 阿海 |
[30:16] | I’m a little lost. | 我没太听明白 |
[30:17] | I thought you said you and Laurel were close | 你之前不是说在罗瑞尔去世时 |
[30:19] | at the time she died. | 你和她关系很近吗 |
[30:21] | We were. | 是的 |
[30:22] | But it took decades. | 但那是几十年后的事了 |
[30:27] | After my wife passed on and my children left home, | 在我妻子去世 孩子们离家后 |
[30:31] | it was just me. | 只剩我孤身一人 |
[30:34] | But knowing Laurel was only a few feet away gave me comfort | 但离我几步之遥的罗瑞尔 给了我安慰 |
[30:42] | until one day she was gone. | 直到有一天她没出现 |
[31:21] | When do you start treatment? | 你什么时候开始治疗 |
[31:25] | I’m done with that. | 我不打算治疗了 |
[31:30] | The doctor said it’s an aggressive tumor. | 医生说我得的是恶性肿瘤 |
[31:34] | Meaning… | 也就是说… |
[31:36] | there ain’t no treatment. | 是治不好的 |
[31:38] | Oh, Laurel. | 罗瑞尔 |
[31:51] | Have you eaten today? | 你今天吃饭了吗 |
[31:54] | No. | 没有 |
[31:56] | But I-I’m gonna. | 但我会吃的 |
[31:57] | I cook. | 我做饭 |
[31:59] | You eat. | 你来吃 |
[32:11] | Her doctor was wrong. | 她的医生说错了 |
[32:13] | Or maybe God wanted us to have more time. | 或者是上帝希望赐予我们更多时间 |
[32:18] | ‘Cause Laurel lived another two years. | 因为罗瑞尔又活了两年 |
[32:31] | I learned her story, learned your story. | 我听到了她的故事 也知道了你的事 |
[32:35] | Every day with her was perfect. | 和她在一起的每一天都完美无瑕 |
[32:43] | If only we had more of them. | 可惜时间还是太少了 |
[33:24] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[33:29] | My son. | 想我儿子 |
[33:37] | I wish I had told him. | 我真希望我能告诉他 |
[33:41] | You’ll get a chance to. | 你会有机会说的 |
[33:55] | What a life. | 了不起的一生 |
[33:58] | It’s strange. | 真奇怪 |
[34:00] | After all this time, | 虽然她去世了这么多年 |
[34:02] | I can still feel her here. | 在这里我还是能感觉到她 |
[34:05] | Sometimes when I swim in the lake, | 有的时候我在湖里游泳 |
[34:07] | I swear I could hear her laugh. | 我发誓我还能听到她的笑声 |
[34:12] | Mm, I have something for you. | 我有东西要给你 |
[34:15] | You know, Hai, you should really consider making this | 阿海 你真的应该认真地考虑 |
[34:17] | into, like, a podcast or, like, a book or something. | 把这段过往做成播客 或者写成书什么的 |
[34:20] | You could call it Alex Haley Presents Laurel’s Roots. | 你可以取名为”亚历克斯·哈雷寻根之罗瑞尔篇” |
[34:20] | 亚历克斯·哈雷 美国黑人作家 凭借家族史的长篇小说《根》获普利策奖 | |
[34:26] | These belong to you. | 这个应该给你 |
[34:42] | You sure you don’t want it? | 你确定你不想要吗 |
[34:44] | You’ve been looking after it for years. | 你已经照看这里这么多年了 |
[34:46] | It’s yours. | 这里是你的 |
[34:52] | I don’t know how to thank you for today. | 今天的事我真不知道该怎么谢谢你 |
[34:56] | I waited a long time to do this for Laurel. | 为了替罗瑞尔做这件事 我等了很长时间 |
[34:59] | I should be thanking you. | 我才应该谢谢你 |
[35:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[35:05] | See you tomorrow at breakfast. | 明天我们早餐见了 |
[35:13] | That was, uh… | 这真是… |
[35:19] | How are you holding up? | 你感觉如何 |
[35:24] | – We own a farmhouse. – We own a farmhouse. | -我们有了一座农舍 -我们有了一座农舍 |
[35:26] | By a lake. | 旁边还有个湖 |
[35:28] | In New Orleans. | 在新奥尔良 |
[35:31] | Where my dead biological mother grew up. | 就在我已故的亲生母亲长大的地方 |
[35:35] | And fell in love | 她还在这里 |
[35:37] | with her Vietnamese boyfriend. | 爱上了她的越南男朋友 |
[35:44] | That’s how I’m holding up. | 这就是我现在的感觉 |
[35:48] | I could go for a shot of the absinthe if you… | 我打算去喝一杯苦艾酒 如果你… |
[35:51] | you know… | 你知道的… |
[35:53] | Maybe the whole bottle. | 要不直接喝一瓶吧 |
[38:07] | My baby. | 我的宝贝 |
[38:19] | My baby. | 我的宝贝 |
[38:32] | I didn’t even know I was looking for you. | 我甚至不知道我在寻找的是你 |
[38:37] | Now I’ve found you, and you’re gone. | 现在我终于找到你了 可你却走了 |
[38:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:45] | I wish… | 我希望… |
[38:47] | I wish I could change everything. | 我真希望我能改变这一切 |
[38:52] | But I can’t, and you know that. | 但我做不到 你也清楚这一点 |
[38:56] | And all this sadness | 这所有的伤悲 |
[38:59] | is weighing you down. | 快要把你压垮了 |
[39:06] | You have my eyes. | 你的眼睛和我一样 |
[39:10] | I see so much pain in them. | 我在你的眼里看到了太多的痛苦 |
[39:14] | Aren’t you tired? | 你难道不累吗 |
[39:22] | You need to let the pain go. | 你必须放下那些痛苦 |
[39:29] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[39:32] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道 |
[40:05] | Me yêu con. | 我爱你[越南语] |
[40:10] | What is that? | 什么意思 |
[40:12] | Something I’ve been… | 一句我很久以前… |
[40:14] | wanting to say to you for a long time. | 就想要对你说的话 |
[40:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:32] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:04] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:06] | You seem different. | 你看起来不一样了 |
[41:09] | Lighter. | 更轻松了 |
[41:16] | I know my birth story, Beth. | 我知道我自己的身世了 贝丝 |
[41:20] | And it’s not just getting left at a fire station. | 我不再只是被遗弃在消防局的孩子了 |
[41:27] | It’s two people. | 而是两个人的结晶 |
[41:30] | Two imperfect people… | 两个并不完美… |
[41:34] | …that loved me. | 却深爱着我的人 |
[41:44] | I’m-a call Kevin. | 我要打给凯文 |
[41:46] | What, now? | 现在吗 |
[41:48] | I don’t want to hold on to the bad stuff anymore. | 我不想再让不愉快的事束缚我了 |
[41:53] | I want to let it all go. | 我想放下所有的痛苦 |
[41:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:03] | Randall, hey. | 兰德尔 |
[42:04] | Hey, Kev. We’re driving home from New Orleans. | 小凯 我们正从新奥尔良开车回家 |
[42:07] | Uh, long story. | 这事说来话长 |
[42:09] | – I was wondering if we could talk. – I-I’m sorry, Randall. | -我想跟你聊聊 -抱歉 兰德尔 |
[42:11] | Listen, I can’t right now, okay? | 我现在没法聊 好吗 |
[42:12] | My whole life has been turned upside down. | 我的整个人生一团混乱 |
[42:15] | Madison is in labor and I’m stuck here in Vancouver. | 麦迪逊要生了 我却被困在温哥华 |
[42:19] | I’m trying to get home in time for the birth | 我想尽量在孩子出生前赶回家 |
[42:21] | but she’s already at the hospital, so alone. I never… | 但她现在已经一个人在医院了 我就… |
[42:25] | I never should’ve come. | 我当初就不该来 |
[42:27] | – Hey, Kev… – Wait. I’m sorry. I’ll call you soon. | -小凯… -抱歉 我回头再打给你 |
[42:29] | Okay? I’m sorry. | 好吗 抱歉 |