时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:01] | I just got six messages from the adoption agency. | 我刚收到领养机构的六条消息 |
[00:04] | We have a match. | 我们匹配到了 |
[00:05] | Kate and Toby? | 是凯特和托比吗 |
[00:07] | Hi. I’m-I’m Ellie. | 我是艾莉 |
[00:10] | Thank you for the Edible Arrangement. | 谢谢你安排的水果花篮 |
[00:11] | I wasn’t sure what the appropriate gift would be | 我不确定选什么礼物 |
[00:13] | for when the birth mother of your twin sister’s baby | 比较适合双胞胎妹妹领养的孩子 |
[00:15] | is being induced. | 快出生的场合 |
[00:16] | Hey, Kev. I was wondering if we could talk. | 小凯 我想跟你聊聊 |
[00:18] | Randall, I’m sorry, I can’t right now. | 抱歉 兰德尔 我现在没法聊 |
[00:20] | Madison’s in labor, | 麦迪逊要生了 |
[00:21] | and I’m stuck here in Vancouver. | 我却被困在温哥华 |
[00:23] | I’ll call you soon, okay? I’m sorry. | 我回头再打给你 好吗 抱歉 |
[00:25] | – Got you a flight. – Yes! | -帮你订到航班了 -太好了 |
[00:27] | – G-Great. What airport? – Seattle. | -太好了 在哪个机场 -西雅图 |
[00:29] | It boards in two hours. Can you make it? | 两小时后登机 你能赶到吗 |
[00:32] | Listen, I can’t start off by not being there for them. | 听我说 我不能做一个缺席孩子出生的父亲 |
[00:34] | I don’t know how else to explain it to you, okay? | 我不知道还能怎么解释给你听 好吗 |
[00:36] | It will break me. | 这事会让我崩溃的 |
[00:37] | I can’t believe I’m maybe gonna do this alone. | 我真不敢相信我也许要自己一个人生孩子 |
[00:39] | – Hello? – Hi, Madison. | -你好 -麦迪逊 |
[00:41] | We just want you to know that we’re here. | 我们只是想让你知道我们都在 |
[00:42] | And we can stay on the phone with you for a while. | 我们也可以陪你多聊一会 |
[00:45] | – You’re family. – Okay. | -你是我们的家人 -好吧 |
[00:46] | Yeah, that’d be really nice. | 那我希望你们陪陪我 |
[00:51] | 欢迎各位国际学生 | |
[00:52] | 1963年新墨西哥州 阿尔布开克市 | |
[01:02] | All right, in there I’ve found a Swede, | 我在里面发现了一个瑞士人 |
[01:06] | a South African, two Thais, | 一个南非人 两个泰国人 |
[01:08] | a Scot and a Brit. | 一个苏格兰人和一个英国人 |
[01:11] | Does a Scot count as a Brit? | 苏格兰人算英国人吗 |
[01:14] | Doesn’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[01:15] | What are you and do you have a light? | 你是哪国人 有火吗 |
[01:20] | I don’t. | 没有 |
[01:21] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:23] | I’m Nasir. From India. | 我是纳西尔 印度人 |
[01:26] | Esther. From Argentina. | 艾斯特 阿根廷人 |
[01:29] | And I need a light. | 我需要个火 |
[01:34] | New Mexico isn’t quite what I imagined. | 新墨西哥州跟我想得不一样 |
[01:38] | It’s dustier. | 很多尘土 |
[01:40] | Very big food. | 食物分量很大 |
[01:43] | The first day I got here, I got a hamburger, | 我第一天到这里 点了个汉堡 |
[01:45] | like, the size of my head. | 简直跟我的头一样大 |
[01:54] | You don’t talk much, huh? | 你不爱说话 是吧 |
[01:57] | My advisor insisted I come. | 我的导师坚持让我来 |
[02:00] | Try and make friends, but… | 想让我交一些朋友 但是… |
[02:02] | I-I can’t put this down. | 我只想看这个 |
[02:07] | Advanced Computer Programming. | 《进阶计算机编程》 |
[02:11] | Anything good? | 好看吗 |
[02:13] | It’s about Turing’s development of his A-machine | 讲的是图灵开发图灵机的故事 |
[02:16] | and how in proving the uncomputability | 通过用图灵机证明 |
[02:17] | of the Entscheidungsproblem by such a machine, | “判定性问题”的不可计算性 |
[02:20] | he showed the fundamental limitations | 他证明了机械计算 |
[02:22] | of mechanical computation. | 最根本的局限性 |
[02:27] | I have no idea what you are talking about. | 我根本不知道你在说什么 |
[02:33] | But I know I love hearing you talk. | 但是我很喜欢听你说话 |
[02:49] | Hey, kids, grab your bags. | 孩子们 把书包拿好 |
[02:50] | I want to load the car now | 我想现在把行李放进车里 |
[02:51] | so we can hit the road for the cabin at 8:00 A.M. sharp. | 这样我们就可以八点整出发去木屋 |
[02:54] | And I’m gonna go, uh, make some sandwiches for lunch, | 我去准备几个三明治当午餐 |
[02:56] | so let me know what you guys want, okay? | 说一下你们想吃什么的 好不好 |
[02:58] | Guys, we don’t want to go. | 爸妈 我们不想去 |
[03:02] | Wait, what? | 什么 |
[03:04] | – Of course you do. – Hey, sorry, Dad, | -你们当然想去 -抱歉 爸爸 |
[03:06] | but the cabin is lame. | 但是木屋太没意思了 |
[03:08] | – Very lame. – No, no, no, no, no. | -特别没劲 -不不不 |
[03:11] | The cabin is not lame. | 木屋很有意思 |
[03:12] | The cabin is… relaxation. | 木屋 意味着放松 |
[03:16] | – Yeah. – The cabin is fresh air | -对 -木屋意味着新鲜的空气 |
[03:18] | – and s’mores and… – Look, we all set up sleepovers for the weekend. | -烤棉花糖… -我们周末都安排好睡衣派对了 |
[03:22] | Parent-approved. You can call them. | 爸妈同意过的 你可以打电话问 |
[03:25] | Cancel your plans, all right? | 把计划取消 听见没 |
[03:26] | We’re going on a family vacation this weekend, | 我们这周末要享受家庭假期 |
[03:28] | – and that’s the end of… – Uh, babe? | -就这么愉快地… -亲爱的 |
[03:31] | Could I talk to you? | 我想跟你商量一下 |
[03:37] | Would it be the worst thing in the world to go away | 我们不带这帮小家伙去木屋 |
[03:39] | without the little grumps? | 难道会很糟糕吗 |
[03:42] | Think about it, come on. | 你考虑一下 |
[03:43] | You, me, romantic cabin getaway, | 我和你 浪漫木屋之旅 |
[03:46] | let the kids be someone else’s problem for the night? | 让熊孩子们今晚去烦别人 |
[03:51] | – You and me, romantic cabin getaway? – Yeah. | -我们俩的浪漫木屋之旅 -没错 |
[03:56] | Hey. | 都听着 |
[03:57] | – Sleepover drop-off train leaves at 8:00 A.M. sharp. – Yes. | -八点整出发送你们去睡衣派对 -太棒了 |
[04:09] | This is Kevin. Leave a message. | 我是凯文 请留言 |
[04:11] | – Kev’s phone still going to voice mail? – Yeah. | -小凯的电话还是打不通吗 -是啊 |
[04:13] | So I have no idea if he made his flight or not. | 所以我不知道他到底赶没赶上飞机 |
[04:16] | Can you imagine if he misses this? | 他要是错过了可怎么办呀 |
[04:19] | He won’t. | 不会的 |
[04:21] | At least Randall and Beth got in touch with her from New Orleans | 至少兰德尔和贝丝从新奥尔良联系上她了 |
[04:23] | – so she’s not alone. – True. True. | -她不是一个人 -好吧 有道理 |
[04:30] | I should be with them. | 我应该陪着他们的 |
[04:31] | I’m supposed to be with them. | 我就应该陪着他们 |
[04:45] | Looks like they forgot the special sauce. | 他们忘记加特调酱了 |
[04:47] | – Oh, man! – I know. | -过分了吧 -是啊 |
[04:49] | We did not just find the only place open | 我们在阿拉巴马州 |
[04:50] | in the middle of nowhere, Alabama, | 荒无人烟的地方找到唯一一家店 |
[04:52] | and they didn’t give me the special sauce. | 结果还没给我特调酱 |
[04:54] | Are you guys sure you don’t want to go? | 你们真的不想挂掉吗 |
[04:56] | ‘Cause I can hang up. | 我可以挂掉的 |
[04:59] | I know it’s late for you, and… | 我知道你们那边很晚了 而且… |
[05:00] | and, you know, I’m sure you need to find a motel -for the night. | 你们应该得找个旅馆住下吧 |
[05:04] | I have not done my own hair and nails | 我大半年来一直坚持 |
[05:06] | and waxing for the better part of a year | 自己做发型做美甲 自己脱毛 |
[05:08] | just to get COVID from some rank motel off I-81. | 可不是为了在I81国道附近的臭旅馆感染新冠病毒 |
[05:11] | Hey, Madison, | 麦迪逊 |
[05:12] | for the 20th time, we’re not hanging up. | 我再说第20次 我们不会挂的 |
[05:15] | We are with you until Kevin gets there. | 我们会一直陪你到凯文赶到 |
[05:17] | If anything, you’re doing us a favor, right? | 要是说起来 我们巴不得跟你打电话呢 |
[05:20] | You’re giving us a little roadside entertainment | 你这是在为我们提供沿途娱乐活动 |
[05:22] | as we take turns driving and shotgunning Red Bulls | 毕竟我们接下来14小时 都要疯狂喝红牛 |
[05:25] | for the next 14 hours. | 然后轮流开车 |
[05:29] | I know this isn’t exactly how you imagined the births of these babies, | 我知道这一切跟你想象中的分娩不一样 |
[05:33] | but I do believe that Kevin is out there | 但我绝对相信 凯文现在 |
[05:35] | trying his damnedest to get to you | 一定是用尽浑身解数来找你 |
[05:37] | and that he will be there in time | 而且他一定赶得上 |
[05:40] | for your unfairly gorgeous babies to be born. | 你们的两个无与伦比的宝宝出生 |
[05:43] | And if, for some reason, he doesn’t, | 如果他出于某些原因无法赶到 |
[05:45] | then you got a couple | 那还有我们这对 |
[05:46] | of real live baby birthing experts right here | 经历过分娩现场的专家夫妻在场 |
[05:49] | to see you through it every step of the way. | 可以陪你一步步完成这个过程 |
[05:52] | We can handle it. | 我们能承受 |
[05:53] | Beth had a natural birth with Tess | 贝丝生大女儿苔丝是自然分娩 |
[05:55] | right in our living room. | 而且就在我家客厅生的 |
[05:58] | Kevin? | 凯文吗 |
[06:00] | It’s Kate. Uh, family text thread. | 是凯特 群发短信 |
[06:04] | 仍然只开了两指 祈祷吧 | |
[06:07] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[06:12] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝 |
[06:13] | How’s it going? | 你好吗 |
[06:14] | Hey, group texts? | 你就群发短信吗 |
[06:15] | No way, Kate. Absolutely not. | 不行 凯特 绝对不行 |
[06:18] | If I can’t be in the delivery room | 如果该死的新冠疫情 |
[06:19] | because of stupid COVID, then I demand personalized, | 害我没法亲自进产房 那我也要求收到 |
[06:22] | individualized updates. | 独一份的私人定制通知 |
[06:25] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[06:27] | Listen, the only update is | 目前唯一的最新消息是 |
[06:29] | that I’m being a really great birth partner to a birth | 我这个最棒的生产陪护正在见证 |
[06:32] | – that is… – So freaking slow. | -一次最… -最磨蹭的分娩 |
[06:35] | How long have we been here, like, a hundred hours? | 我们在这等多久了 有一百小时了吗 |
[06:38] | Eight. | 八小时 |
[06:38] | A breezy eight. Oh, babe, | 愉快的八小时 亲爱的 |
[06:41] | have you had any updates from the sitter? | 保姆那边有什么新消息吗 |
[06:43] | Yeah, Jack is fine. I’m the one out here | 有 杰克很好 只有我自己 |
[06:46] | in the, uh, hospital parking lot losing my mind. | 在医院停车场等得要发疯 |
[06:48] | Everything is fine, I promise. | 一切顺利 我保证 |
[06:51] | And I will update you | 而且一旦出现 |
[06:52] | when there is an update worth sharing. | 值得分享的新消息 我就跟你说 |
[06:54] | Okay? Hey, so… | 好吗 对了… |
[06:57] | how’s your list coming? | 你的名单列得如何了 |
[06:59] | My list? | 我的名单 |
[07:01] | You’ll just… You’ll know when you know. How about that? | 该…该你知道时自然就知道了 怎么样 |
[07:04] | Fine, be mysterious. | 好吧 保持神秘吧 |
[07:06] | – Oh, hey. The nurse is here. Got to go. Bye. – Okay. | -护士来了 我先挂了 拜 -好吧 |
[07:09] | Hi, there. | 你们好 |
[07:10] | My name is Joan. | 我是琼 |
[07:11] | I’m taking over for Rachel. | 我来接瑞秋的班 |
[07:13] | Did you hear that, Kate? | 你听到了吗 凯特 |
[07:14] | We’ve been here for a whole nurse shift, | 连护士都换一次班了 |
[07:16] | and my cervix is still refusing to budge. | 而我的宫颈还不肯开口 |
[07:18] | Things speed up eventually. They always do. | 产程最终会加快的 往往是这样 |
[07:20] | Just hang in there, Mom. | 别着急 孩子妈 |
[07:25] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:26] | I just want to make sure | 我想确保 |
[07:27] | that everyone on the delivery team remembers | 分娩团队的所有人都能记住 |
[07:29] | that Kate is the adoptive mother. | 凯特是养母 |
[07:31] | She is Mom. | 她才是妈妈 |
[07:34] | I am just a temporary landlord with an eviction notice. | 我只是个已经接到驱逐令的临时房东 |
[07:38] | I am so sorry. I should’ve checked your file | 我很抱歉 我应该在进屋前 |
[07:40] | – before I came in. I meant no… – It’s okay. It’s okay. | -先看下你的档案 我没想… -没事 没事 |
[07:42] | But please do remind everyone that when the baby is here, | 但请提醒所有人 孩子出生后 |
[07:45] | she should go directly to Kate. | 要第一时间送到凯特身边 |
[07:48] | Not to me. | 而不是给我 |
[07:49] | Will do. Page me if you need anything. | 一定的 有需要随时呼我 |
[07:52] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[07:53] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:56] | I mean, it’s as if she’s never had a woman | 你看 就好像她从没见过这种 |
[07:58] | giving birth to her one-night-stand baby | 全球疫情泛滥时 |
[08:00] | with the adoptive mother as the birth partner | 一个女人在生她一夜情怀上的孩子 |
[08:02] | in the middle of a global pandemic. | 而养母在当生产陪护人 |
[08:05] | I know. It’s, like, old-fashioned. | 可不是嘛 多老套的剧情 |
[08:11] | I’m really grateful that you’re here with me for this. | 我很感激你能在这里陪我 |
[08:15] | Well, I’m really grateful that you asked me. | 我很感谢你让我来陪你 |
[08:18] | Really. | 真的 |
[08:20] | So, let’s have this baby. | 所以 我们等宝宝出生吧 |
[08:27] | I cannot wait to start a fire | 我已经等不及生上火 |
[08:29] | and just sit around in my cozy socks all weekend. | 整个周末只是穿着那双舒服的袜子闲坐了 |
[08:33] | Is that all you’re gonna be wearing? | 是除了袜子什么都不穿了吗 |
[08:34] | Because I can get on board with that. | 这个我热烈欢迎 |
[08:39] | You know what the best part is? | 你知道最爽的一点是什么吗 |
[08:40] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[08:41] | Not having to hear Kate | 不用听凯特 |
[08:42] | recite the plot of this week’s 90210. | 念叨这周《飞越比佛利》的情节了 |
[08:45] | Oh, yeah. She’s, uh, kind of obsessed, huh? | 对 她有点着魔了 对吧 |
[08:47] | Honestly, I can’t even tell if it’s a terrible show | 实话说 我也弄不清是这剧太烂 |
[08:50] | or if she’s just terrible at recapping it. | 还是她讲得太差 |
[08:53] | And you know what else I’m psyched to not have to listen to? | 而且你知道我还庆幸不用听什么了吗 |
[08:56] | Okay. | 什么 |
[08:56] | Kevin and Randall bickering about everything. | 不用听凯文和兰德尔为各种破事吵嘴了 |
[09:00] | I mean, here is to an entire weekend | 我居然有一整个周末 |
[09:03] | without having to hear the word “Buttmunch.” | 不用再听到”讨厌鬼”这个词 |
[09:06] | Oh, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[09:09] | Do you feel that bliss settling in? | 你感受到天赐的幸福了吗 |
[09:11] | That is the bliss of an entire weekend | 我们整个周末都可以沉浸其中 |
[09:13] | – with no surly teenage interruptions. – Yeah. | -完全免于孩子们的打扰 -嗯 |
[09:20] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[09:22] | – Jack, come here. – What? | -杰克 过来 -怎么了 |
[09:24] | Oh, what the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[09:32] | All right, I found 30 years’ worth | 好的 我翻出了 |
[09:34] | of dusty old board games to keep us busy. | 够我们消磨30年时间的旧桌游 |
[09:39] | Did you put yourself into a time-out? | 你在罚自己蹲墙角吗 |
[09:41] | No, there’s better Wi-Fi over here, right? | 不是 这里无线信号更好 |
[09:43] | I-I didn’t know if the kids were trying to call or text me | 我不知道孩子们是否在联系我 |
[09:46] | and maybe I just didn’t have service. | 可能我只是没信号 |
[09:48] | Do you want to go upstairs and watch TV instead? | 那你想上楼看电视吗 |
[09:50] | No, I don’t want to watch TV. | 不 我不想看电视 |
[09:51] | I want my kids to call me with more information. | 我想让孩子们打给我更新近况 |
[09:54] | I want to teleport my body to Los Angeles. I want… | 我想把身体传送到洛杉矶 我还想… |
[09:59] | I want a cocktail. | 我想来杯鸡尾酒 |
[10:01] | No, I’m-I’m not kidding. I want a cocktail. | 不 我没开玩笑 我想喝鸡尾酒 |
[10:04] | Are you sure? The doctor said with the meds, you could… | 你确定吗 医生说如果服药时喝酒 你会… |
[10:07] | One drink every once in a while would not kill me. | 偶尔喝一杯不会要了我的命 |
[10:10] | And in this case, | 而看目前的状况 |
[10:11] | I feel like it might actually save my life. | 我感觉它能救我的命 |
[10:14] | Well, I mean, how would a cocktail really compare | 不过 鸡尾酒怎么可能比得上 |
[10:15] | to Girl Talk: A Game of Truth or Dare? | 真心话大冒险呢 |
[10:16] | 真心话大冒险 | |
[10:18] | Or your life. | 是你的命 |
[10:19] | Me having a cocktail might save your life. | 给我杯鸡尾酒 也许能救你一命 |
[10:22] | One cocktail coming right up. | 这就来 |
[10:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:30] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[10:31] | So, yeah. Apparently, | 没错 显然 |
[10:34] | we own a farmhouse in New Orleans now. | 我们现在在新奥尔良有座农场 |
[10:36] | Randall, that-that story is insane. | 兰德尔 这故事太神奇了 |
[10:39] | You’re not wrong. | 可不是吗 |
[10:44] | Okay. | 不妙 |
[10:46] | Those last few have been pretty intense. | 最近几次宫缩格外强烈 |
[10:49] | Maybe we should call the nurse. | 我们或许得叫护士了 |
[10:51] | You okay to keep driving for a while? | 你再开一会没问题吗 |
[10:53] | Yeah. It’s your time to shine, baby. | 没事 该你表现了 宝贝 |
[10:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:01] | [女孩的名字] | |
[11:13] | You’re in my spot. | 你占了我的位置 |
[11:18] | I can see, like, ten empty spots just in my line of vision. | 我扫一眼就看到了10个空位 |
[11:20] | – I’m not even looking over there. – Great. | -我还没看那边 -好吧 |
[11:22] | Just move into one of those, then. | 那你可以停到那边去 |
[11:26] | I… | 我… |
[11:28] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[11:29] | Do you not see my elaborate setup? | 你没看我都摆好了吗 |
[11:32] | I’m loving it. This-this elaborate setup | 我很满意 我摆的这个摊 |
[11:34] | kind of makes me wish i had gone to a football school | 简直让我想上橄榄球学校 |
[11:36] | where I could’ve tailgated every weekend for four years. | 这样四年来我每周末都能参加车尾派对了 |
[11:36] | 在打开的汽车后挡板旁举行的聚会 作为比赛后的庆祝活动 | |
[11:39] | – And I hate football. – You know, I don’t give a rat’s ass. | -虽然我讨厌橄榄球 -关我屁事 |
[11:41] | Just move it. | 快挪开 |
[11:42] | Buddy, I’m just waiting for my daughter to be born, okay? | 老兄 我只是在等我女儿出生 好吗 |
[11:46] | And I’m waiting to find out if my wife is gonna live or die. | 而我在等着看我老婆是死是活 |
[11:55] | 55 years attached at the hip. | 我们55年形影不离 |
[11:59] | Now I’m down here, | 现在我在下面 |
[12:00] | and she’s up there, attached to a ventilator. | 而她在上面 离不开呼吸机 |
[12:05] | This freakin’ virus. | 这该死的病毒 |
[12:10] | And I’ve been coming here every night, | 我每晚都会来 |
[12:13] | and I always park in that spot. | 我一直停在那个位置 |
[12:16] | Number 157. | 157号 |
[12:19] | It’s her favorite number. | 那是她最喜欢的数字 |
[12:20] | It’s the first house we ever lived in. | 我们住过的第一栋房子 |
[12:22] | 157 Overhill Road. | 在奥威黑尔路157号 |
[12:25] | She’s always been superstitious about that kind of stuff. | 在这种事上 她一直有点迷信 |
[12:29] | Like a special number had some sort of a… | 就好像一个特殊的数字有某种… |
[12:31] | a magical power. | 魔力 |
[12:36] | Am I really gonna have to ask you to move your car again? | 我真的还要再说一次让你挪车吗 |
[12:38] | No, sir, you are not. I’m moving right now. | 不 不用了 我现在就走 |
[12:41] | I’m moving. | 我这就挪开 |
[12:48] | He’s perfect. | 他是完美的 |
[12:51] | He looks just like me. | 他和我长得很像 |
[12:54] | This baby is a mathematical anomaly. | 这个孩子就是一个数学异常值 |
[12:58] | He’s a product greater than the constants | 比起生成他的常数相乘 |
[12:59] | multiplied to make him. | 他是更大的积 |
[13:02] | I hate to break it to you, my son, | 我不想跟你明说 儿子 |
[13:05] | but your father is a giant geek. | 但你父亲是一个大书呆子 |
[13:14] | All right, these should be drinkable. | 好了 这些应该能喝 |
[13:19] | There you go. | 给你 |
[13:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:21] | – Salud. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[13:28] | I didn’t have much to work with. | 我没有什么原料可发挥 |
[13:29] | That liquor cabinet hasn’t been updated | 那个酒柜已经20多年 |
[13:30] | – in 20-plus years, so I’m sorry. – I’m sorry. | -没有补过货了 所以抱歉 -抱歉 |
[13:32] | I know you love anisette, but this… | 我知道你喜欢茴香酒 但这个 |
[13:34] | this tastes like car fuel. | 这尝起来像汽油 |
[13:36] | – Car fuel? Wow. – Yeah, it does. | -汽油 -对 真的像 |
[13:37] | Now, I seem to remember you had more than one shot | 但我好像记着 我们婚礼之后 |
[13:40] | of chichaítos in Puerto Rico after our wedding. | 你在波多黎各喝了不止一杯朗姆茴香鸡尾酒 |
[13:43] | Excuse me. I was in Puerto Rico. | 不好意思 我当时是在波多黎各 |
[13:44] | I was married. I was happy. | 我刚结婚 我开心 |
[13:46] | Will you please give an old lady a break. | 你能让一个老太太喘口气吗 |
[13:48] | Just this once. Just this once. | 就这一次 就这一次 |
[14:02] | Pipe in the upstairs bathroom burst. | 楼上洗手间的水管爆了 |
[14:04] | Yeah, the whole room is just… it’s flooded. | 整个房间都被淹了 |
[14:06] | I’m gonna go to the hardware store, | 我要去一趟五金店 |
[14:07] | get some stuff to stop all that. | 买些工具把水管修好 |
[14:10] | What was in the boxes? | 箱子里是什么 |
[14:12] | Well, that’s some of the kids’ old art we brought from home. | 一些我们带过来的 孩子们以前作的画 |
[14:15] | We were gonna frame it and put it up, | 我们本来打算加个画框挂起来 |
[14:17] | but we just never got around to it. | 但我们一直没腾出时间 |
[14:19] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[14:21] | Everything’s ruined. | 都毁了 |
[14:23] | Come on. It’s not like our kids’ crappy art | 没关系 孩子们蹩脚的画作 |
[14:26] | was gonna make it in The Met or anything. | 本来也不会被收藏到大都会之类的地方 |
[14:31] | Right. That was a good one, Bec. | 是 说得真好 小贝 |
[14:35] | – What? – Nothing. It’s just, you’ve… | -怎么了 -没事 只是 你… |
[14:40] | You’ve been ripping on the kids all day. | 你一整天都在说孩子们的不是 |
[14:42] | No, I haven’t. | 我没有 |
[14:43] | Look, forget it. Doesn’t matter. | 算了 不说了 不要紧 |
[14:45] | You’re right, the box is ruined. | 你说得对 一盒子都坏了 |
[14:46] | – Let’s just toss it and move on. – Jack. | -把它扔了 就这样吧 -杰克 |
[14:48] | I’m gonna go to the hardware store, | 我要去五金店了 |
[14:50] | get something to fix that. | 买东西修水管 |
[14:52] | I’ll be back soon. | 很快就回来 |
[15:01] | 开始生了 | |
[15:10] | What’s with you? | 你怎么了 |
[15:12] | Baby’s on the way. | 孩子要出生了 |
[15:14] | I’d be pacing back and forth in the waiting room if I could, | 如果可以的话 我会在等候室走来走去 |
[15:16] | but don’t worry, I’ll-I’ll stay over here in my-my zone. | 不过别担心 我不会走出这个区域的 |
[15:19] | I won’t get too close. | 我不会走得太近 |
[15:22] | are those… are those pigs on your… | 那些 那些是猪吗 |
[15:28] | Pigs are a thing with Rose, my wife. | 我老婆萝丝很喜欢猪 |
[15:33] | We went to Austria on our honeymoon | 我们蜜月去了奥地利 |
[15:35] | because The Sound of Music came out that year and… | 因为《音乐之声》那一年上映了 |
[15:39] | she wanted to see Salzburg. | 她想看看萨尔茨堡 |
[15:42] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[15:43] | I made Kate move to Pasadena | 我逼凯特搬到了帕萨迪纳 |
[15:45] | just for the Back to the Future house. | 只是为了《回到未来》的房子 |
[15:50] | We were there over New Year’s. | 我们过年时去了那 |
[15:53] | Turns out the Austrians go all out for pigs | 结果发现奥地利人用各种猪 |
[15:55] | over New Year’s. | 庆祝新年 |
[15:58] | Pigs on platters and marzipan pigs, | 猪肉拼盘 扁桃仁糖猪 |
[16:02] | little pig tchotchkes in all the markets. | 市场上卖的都是小猪摆件 |
[16:06] | They say they bring good luck. | 他们说猪会带来好运 |
[16:10] | So… | 所以… |
[16:12] | to start our marriage off right, | 为了让我们的婚姻有个好开头 |
[16:15] | we bought this little sucker. | 我们买了这个小东西 |
[16:20] | And over the years, whenever we needed a little luck… | 这些年 每当我们需要点运气时… |
[16:25] | You found yourself a pig. | 你们就给自己买只小猪 |
[16:29] | Figured I’d bring the whole bacon army out for this one. | 我觉得这次得把整个培根部队带过来 |
[16:36] | They say they might be able to take her off the ventilator soon, but.. | 他们说可能很快会为她撤掉呼吸机 但… |
[16:40] | Hey, that’s… | 但那… |
[16:42] | you know, that’s not… that’s not nothing, right? | 那至少…至少有些进展 对吧 |
[16:46] | So you, uh… | 那你… |
[16:47] | So you haven’t been able to go inside at all, huh? | 那你一直没进去过吗 |
[16:50] | No. | 没有 |
[16:51] | She made me promise not to visit. | 她逼着我保证不会去探病 |
[16:53] | She didn’t want me getting sick, too. | 她不想让我也被传染 |
[16:58] | If you think I’m stubborn, | 如果你觉得我固执 |
[17:00] | you ought to meet my Rose. | 那是你没见过萝丝 |
[17:06] | Kate can be kind of stubborn, too. | 凯特也有些固执 |
[17:09] | Is that why you’re out here? | 所以你才在外面逛荡吗 |
[17:10] | She kick you out of the delivery room? | 她把你赶出产房了 |
[17:14] | No. We’re actually adopting. | 不是 其实我们是领养 |
[17:18] | Yeah, she’s in there with the birth mom, | 她在里面陪着生母 |
[17:20] | and there’s only one visitor allowed. | 只允许一个人陪同 |
[17:24] | But we made a deal– since she gets to be in there, | 不过我们说好了 她去里面陪产 |
[17:26] | I get to pick the middle name. | 我来选中名 |
[17:29] | Anything I want. | 我可以随便选 |
[17:30] | She has no veto rights. | 她没有否决权 |
[17:33] | – That’s a lot of pressure. – Yeah. | -那压力很大 -对 |
[17:36] | Yeah, I have quite the list going on. | 我有一个很长的列表 |
[17:38] | I’m having a hard time whittling it down. | 一直很难筛选 |
[17:41] | I don’t want to pick it out just yet. | 我暂时还不想做出选择 |
[17:44] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[17:46] | I want to wait till she’s here, until she’s officially ours. | 我想等她出生 正式属于我们后再说 |
[17:53] | Just don’t want to jinx it. | 我只是不想坏了好运 |
[18:15] | Here. | 给你 |
[18:20] | One of Rose’s favorites. | 这是萝丝最喜欢的一个 |
[18:27] | Once the anesthetic is in, | 注射麻醉后 |
[18:28] | you’ll start to feel relief in about 15 minutes. | 疼痛大约会在15分钟后缓解 |
[18:33] | So, can you lean forward | 你能往前靠 |
[18:35] | and round your shoulders, please? | 缩起肩膀好吗 |
[18:41] | Oh, no, no. No way. Hell no. I am… | 不不 不行 坚决不行 我… |
[18:44] | – I am all the way out. No. – Hey, Madison, Madison, Madison. | -这我可受不了 不行 -麦迪逊 麦迪逊 |
[18:46] | Don’t look at the needle. Look at me. | 别看针 看着我 |
[18:47] | Okay? Just focus on these calming baby browns. | 好吗 把注意力放在我这张嫩棕色的脸上 |
[18:54] | Oh, God. Oh, God, I just looked at it again, Randall. | 天啊 我又看了一眼 兰德尔 |
[18:57] | Distract me. | 转移下我的注意力 |
[18:58] | – Please tell me a story that has -nothing to do with this. – Yeah. | -拜托跟我说点与这无关的事 -好 |
[19:02] | Okay, uh, when I decided to become a city councilman, I had to… | 当我决定要竞选市议员时 我不得不… |
[19:05] | – Come on, give her something interesting. – Okay. | -拜托 跟她说些有趣的事 -好吧 |
[19:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:12] | His junior prom, Kev comes home wasted. | 小凯毕业舞会那天 喝得烂醉回了家 |
[19:17] | Reminder that I’m having this recovering alcoholic’s babies right now. | 这提醒了我 这俩孩子的爸爸还在戒酒 |
[19:20] | Yeah, but this was back | 是啊 不过这是当年 |
[19:21] | when he was just a charming rascal teen having one too many, | 当时他只是个魅力四射的坏小伙喝多了 |
[19:23] | so just go with me here, okay? | 所以听我说 好吗 |
[19:25] | I intercept him before our parents know he’s home. | 在爸妈发现他回家前 我拦住了他 |
[19:28] | I take him down to his room, | 我把他带回房间 |
[19:29] | tell him to take off his shoes so he can get into bed. | 让他把鞋脱了 就能上床睡觉了 |
[19:31] | Go to get him a glass of water, I come back, | 我去给他倒了杯水 回来的时候 |
[19:34] | and he is completely naked, | 他脱得一丝不挂 |
[19:37] | belting “MMMBop” at the top of his lungs. | 高声唱着《MMMBop》 快吼破嗓子了 |
[19:41] | I mean, my man is going for it. | 我这兄弟简直豁出去了 |
[19:42] | He’s shaking his little pasty ass, | 他扭着他那白花花的小屁股 |
[19:44] | literally jumping up and down on his bed doing air drums. | 像打气筒一样在床上上蹦下跳 |
[19:49] | – God, Kevin. – I keep telling him | -天啊 凯文 -我一直跟他说 |
[19:51] | to shut the hell up before he wakes up our parents. | 让他闭嘴 免得吵醒爸妈 |
[19:54] | Then, suddenly, he stops– right?– | 然后 他突然间停了下来 |
[19:57] | and he stares at me, just dead serious. | 非常严肃地盯着我 |
[20:00] | I think he’s about to hurl everywhere, | 我以为他要吐了 |
[20:03] | and then he just says, | 结果他只说 |
[20:05] | “Dude, how come we never started a brother band?” | “老弟 我们怎么没组个兄弟乐队” |
[20:10] | “Like Hanson.” | “就像汉森兄弟乐队那样” |
[20:11] | “We could be Pearson.” | “我们可以组个皮尔森兄弟乐队” |
[20:14] | “We could be rock stars, man.” | “我们可以成为摇滚巨星 老兄” |
[20:17] | A little pinch. | 会有点痛 |
[20:19] | Hey, Madison, look at me. Can you imagine it? | 麦迪逊 看着我 你能想象吗 |
[20:21] | Me and Kev on a world tour? | 我和小凯在世界各地巡演 |
[20:31] | Come on. Join in in our band. Come on. | 来吧 加入我们的乐队 一起来 |
[20:36] | There she is! | 她登场了 |
[20:52] | Randall? | 兰德尔 |
[20:54] | Kev? | 小凯 |
[21:02] | I want to hit you, but I also want to kiss you. | 我想揍你一顿 但我也想亲亲你 |
[21:09] | Yeah, that’s… | 是啊 这… |
[21:11] | I get it. | 我知道 |
[21:14] | Sounds like you had some company, though, right? | 不过我听出来你一直有伴 是吗 |
[21:15] | Yeah, he, um… he called to check in on me. | 是啊 他打电话来看看我的情况 |
[21:19] | He was on the phone for hours. | 他在电话上待了好几个小时 |
[21:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:26] | Randall, I don’t know what to say, man. | 兰德尔 我不知道该说什么了 兄弟 |
[21:27] | Nothing required, man. | 什么都不用说 老哥 |
[21:29] | I knew you’d make it. | 我就知道你能赶到的 |
[21:31] | I’m gonna pass the torch. | 我把火炬传给你了 |
[21:33] | We’ll catch up soon. | 我们回头再聊 |
[21:35] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[21:37] | Hey. You got this, M-Cat. | 你能做到的 猫女小麦 |
[21:50] | I can’t believe you actually made it. | 真不敢相信你真的赶到了 |
[21:52] | Yeah, no, it’s… | 是啊 这… |
[21:53] | You wouldn’t believe the insane night that I had. | 你绝对不会相信我今天晚上过得有多疯狂 |
[21:55] | The head of TSA at the Seattle airport is | 以后每年圣诞节 我们一定要给 |
[21:57] | definitely going on our Christmas card list. | 西雅图机场的运输安全管理局长寄贺卡 |
[22:02] | Doesn’t matter. | 不过不重要 |
[22:05] | None of that matters. | 这些都不重要 |
[22:06] | The only thing that matters is that I made it. | 唯一重要的是我赶到了 |
[22:10] | Before I left, you asked me | 在我走之前 你问我 |
[22:12] | how this family was gonna fit into my life. | 这个家要如何融入我的生活 |
[22:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:17] | This family is my life. | 这个家就是我的生活 |
[22:19] | Uh, I quit the movie. | 我不拍电影了 |
[22:21] | Yeah, no, I don’t want to take jobs | 是啊 我不想接那些 |
[22:22] | that are gonna take me away from you. | 会让我离开你的工作 |
[22:25] | And this– these beautiful babies | 还有这些即将与我们见面的 |
[22:28] | that we’re about ready to meet. | 可爱的孩子们 |
[22:32] | This is all I’ll ever need. | 这就是我需要的一切 |
[22:38] | I made it. | 我赶到了 |
[22:41] | You made it. | 你赶到了 |
[22:46] | These masks are really pulling my ears forward. | 这些口罩一直把我的耳朵往前拽 |
[22:48] | I feel like Dumbo. You’re about ready to have twins with Dumbo. | 感觉自己像小飞象 你要给小飞象生龙凤胎了 |
[24:18] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[24:21] | I want to hold her. | 我想抱抱她 |
[24:24] | I know that I said that I didn’t, but I changed my mind. | 我知道我说过不抱的 但我改主意了 |
[24:28] | Uh, of course. Yeah. | 好的 没问题 |
[24:54] | All right, Mom. | 好了 妈妈 |
[24:56] | – Here’s your daughter. – Oh, um, she’s gonna hold her. | -这是你的女儿 -让她来抱抱吧 |
[25:11] | So that’s what you look like. | 原来你长这样啊 |
[25:19] | Kate, do you… do you mind if… | 凯特 你介不介意… |
[25:24] | I would just like to be alone with her. | 让我单独跟她待一会儿 |
[25:29] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[25:30] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[25:45] | G-7? | G7吗 |
[25:47] | The twins are good. | 龙凤胎很健康 |
[25:48] | Still just the one picture, and no new update from Kate. | 还是只有一张照片 凯特还没有新消息 |
[25:52] | Well, I’m sure we’ll hear something | 我确定 一有新消息 |
[25:53] | – when there’s something to hear. – Yeah. | -他们就会告诉我们的 -是啊 |
[25:59] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[26:01] | The blobs. | 那几团东西 |
[26:03] | The-the painting. You’ve been staring at that all night. | 那幅画 你一整晚都在盯着它看 |
[26:05] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[26:11] | What’s all this? | 这是在干什么 |
[26:13] | This is the best possible solution | 这是我能想到的 |
[26:15] | I could find to try and save them. | 补救这些画的最好办法 |
[26:17] | I’m gonna go get my hair dryer. | 我要去拿我的吹风机 |
[26:19] | No, Bec. | 不 小贝 |
[26:21] | It’s fine. They-they’re ruined. | 没关系的 已经泡坏了 |
[26:23] | Really, I’m-I’m over it. | 真的 我看开了 |
[26:27] | Jack… | 杰克… |
[26:29] | making fun of our kids together is our thing. | 咱们不是经常吐槽孩子们吗 |
[26:32] | It’s our one coping mechanism | 这是我们应对 |
[26:34] | against three sets of teenage hormones. | 三个正值青春期孩子的方法 |
[26:36] | Yeah, I know. You’re right. | 是啊 我知道 你说得对 |
[26:38] | So, what is the deal? | 那你是怎么了 |
[26:44] | They don’t want to hang out with us anymore. | 他们已经不想跟我们出来玩了 |
[26:48] | It’s-it’s… it’s moving really fast. | 这… 这来得太快了 |
[26:53] | You know, they-they like us one moment, and then the next… | 前一秒他们还喜欢我们 接着下一秒… |
[26:55] | They’re teenagers. | 他们处于青春期 |
[26:57] | It’s perfectly normal that they want to | 比起我们 他们更想跟同龄人玩 |
[26:59] | hang out with other teenagers over us. | 这是完全正常的 |
[27:01] | I know, but we only have a few more years together | 我知道 可我们能在同一屋檐下生活的日子 |
[27:05] | under the same roof. | 没剩几年了 |
[27:07] | Okay, a few more years where we get to be a part of their daily lives. | 再过几年 我们就不再是他们日常生活的一部分了 |
[27:13] | And then what? | 再之后呢 |
[27:14] | They’re gonna move out. | 他们会搬走 |
[27:16] | And forget vacations to the cabin. | 还会忘记在小木屋度过的假期 |
[27:18] | Babe, w-we’re gonna be lucky if they call us | 宝贝 如果他们一周能打个电话 |
[27:21] | once a week just to let us know what’s going on in their lives. | 说说他们的生活近况 都算我们幸运了 |
[27:24] | Babe, it is not gonna be like that. | 宝贝 不会这样的 |
[27:28] | It was like that for us. | 我们就是这样的 |
[27:30] | We moved out of our parents’ houses, | 我们从父母家搬出来后 |
[27:32] | and we never looked back. | 就再也没有回头 |
[27:34] | Okay. | 好了 |
[27:35] | You being moody I can handle, but comparing us to our parents, | 你有情绪我能处理 但把我们和我们父母作比较 |
[27:39] | that is a bridge too far, mister. | 那就有点过分了 先生 |
[27:43] | Jack, our family is not ending anytime soon. | 杰克 我们家不会很快就结束的 |
[27:48] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 过来 |
[27:52] | Look at this picture. | 看看这幅画 |
[27:54] | Do you see how the colors | 你看这些颜色 |
[27:56] | from their little handprints have… | 他们小手印上去的颜色 |
[27:58] | have soaked all the way down to ours? | 一直渗透到了我们的手印上 |
[28:01] | We’re all still there together. | 我们还在一起 |
[28:04] | We are, even if it doesn’t look the way that it used to. | 我们还在一起 即使看起来不是曾经的样子 |
[28:10] | And even when we are old fogeys | 甚至当我们成为老古董 |
[28:12] | living out here in the woods one day | 有一天住在森林里 |
[28:14] | like witches from some children’s fairy tale, | 像童话故事里的巫师一样 |
[28:19] | we’re still gonna be close to them. | 我们仍然会和他们紧密相连 |
[28:22] | Didn’t realize we were gonna be witches. | 我怎么不知道我们会成为巫师 |
[28:24] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, I’m gonna let myself really go. | 绝对的 因为我会完全放飞自我 |
[28:27] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[28:29] | We will never miss a thing. | 我们绝不会错过任何事情 |
[28:30] | Not the little stuff, | 不会错过小事 |
[28:32] | and especially not the big stuff. | 更别说是大事了 |
[28:43] | So we framed it, | 于是我们把那幅画裱了起来 |
[28:45] | as a… reminder | 用来提醒我们 |
[28:49] | to always be close, | 永远亲密 |
[28:51] | never miss a thing. | 永不错过 |
[28:55] | I know it’s silly, but I feel like… | 我知道这样想很傻 但我感觉 |
[28:59] | like I’m letting down Jack | 我让杰克失望了 |
[29:01] | by not being there for them today. | 现在我没有陪在他们身边 |
[29:04] | Like I’m-I’m not holding up my end of the promise. | 就好像 我没有履行我的承诺 |
[29:07] | – Rebecca, you… – No, it-it’s okay. | -丽贝卡 你… -不 没关系 |
[29:08] | You don’t have to make me feel better. | 你不用安慰我 |
[29:13] | We never talk about this. | 我们很少谈论过这个 |
[29:18] | How you… | 关于… |
[29:20] | have to bear Jack’s death differently. | 杰克的离开对你意义不同 |
[29:23] | For yourself… | 因为你 |
[29:25] | and for me. | 也因为我 |
[29:28] | And our marriage. | 还有我们的婚姻 |
[29:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:38] | I know it’s a lot. | 我知道这很难 |
[29:41] | I know I’m a lot. | 我知道我很麻烦 |
[29:48] | You’re just the right amount. | 你的一切 都恰到好处 |
[30:01] | Hi, little one. | 你好啊 小宝贝 |
[30:08] | So you’re the reason I’ve been skipping cold cuts | 所以你就是我过去九个月 |
[30:10] | for the last nine months, huh? | 一直不吃冷切肉的原因啊 |
[30:14] | You should know that I live and die | 我跟你说 我最爱吃的 |
[30:16] | by pastrami on rye, so… | 就是熏牛肉配黑麦面包 |
[30:20] | this hasn’t been easy for me. | 所以这对我来说可不容易 |
[30:25] | But… | 但是 |
[30:28] | from the minute that I knew that you were real | 自从我知道你是真实存在的 |
[30:33] | and I was really having you… | 我是真的怀着你的时候 |
[30:37] | I knew that I needed to take care of you. | 我就知道我需要照顾你 |
[30:45] | Even if you were never meant to be mine. | 即使你注定不属于我 |
[30:49] | Giving you to Toby and Kate is | 把你送给托比和凯特 |
[30:50] | the hardest thing I have ever done. | 是我做过最艰难的选择 |
[30:55] | But it might just be the best thing I’ll ever do. | 但也可能是我做过最正确的决定 |
[31:00] | So I have to say goodbye to you now, | 所以我现在得和你说再见了 |
[31:04] | because there is someone really special | 因为有一个很特别的人 |
[31:06] | waiting to say hello. | 正等着跟你打招呼 |
[31:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:21] | Hi, sweet girl. | 小宝贝 |
[31:23] | Hi. It’s so nice to meet you. | 你好啊 认识你很高兴 |
[31:26] | Oh, my goodness. | 天呐 |
[31:32] | I’m your mom. | 我是你妈妈 |
[31:44] | I feel like I have waited my whole life to meet you. | 我感觉我这一生都在等你出现 |
[31:50] | I can’t wait to watch you grow up. | 我等不及看你长大了 |
[31:54] | To French-braid your hair. | 给你编法式小辫子 |
[31:57] | And to make Play-Doh castles together. | 和你一起搭城堡 |
[32:02] | And I got to be honest with you. | 我老实跟你说 |
[32:06] | The world is… it’s a little nutty out there | 外面的世界现在有点 疯狂 |
[32:07] | right now, but… | 但是 |
[32:11] | no matter what, no matter what, | 不管怎样 无论如何 |
[32:14] | I can promise you this: | 我可以向你保证 |
[32:17] | You will never, ever… | 你绝不会怀疑 |
[32:20] | doubt your place in it. | 你在其中的地位 |
[32:25] | And I’m really excited for you to meet your dad. | 我很期待让你见见你爸爸 |
[32:29] | Do you want to meet your dad? | 你想看看爸爸吗 |
[32:40] | Do we have a baby? | 我们有宝宝了吗 |
[32:42] | We do. | 有啦 |
[32:43] | Meet your daughter Hailey. | 快看你女儿海莉 |
[32:50] | Hi there, Hailey Rose. | 你好啊 海莉·萝丝 |
[32:54] | Hailey Rose Damon. I love it. | 海莉·萝丝·达蒙 我喜欢这个名字 |
[32:58] | Wait, after Rose Tico from Star Wars, right? | 等等 是以星球大战里的萝丝·蒂科命名的吗 |
[33:04] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多吧 |
[33:07] | Oh, my goodness, look at all that hair. | 天呐 看看这茂密的秀发 |
[33:10] | What I wouldn’t give. | 我可太羡慕了 |
[33:12] | She’s like Fabio in his prime. | 她就像法比奥最光彩照人的时候 |
[33:15] | I know. | 是啊 |
[33:24] | Oh, it’s Kev. | 是小凯 |
[33:28] | Well, | 怎么说 |
[33:29] | how does it feel to be the Pearson family’s newest dad? | 成为皮尔森家里的新爸爸感觉怎么样 |
[33:34] | Yeah. Man, I can’t believe I’m a dad, dude. | 是啊 不敢相信我当爸爸了 |
[33:37] | Congrats, Papa Bear. | 恭喜你 爸爸熊 |
[33:39] | – Beth says… – I heard. | -贝丝说… -我听见了 |
[33:40] | Yeah, no, I heard. Thank you. Thank you very much. | 我听见了 谢谢 谢谢 |
[33:44] | Uh, you got names? | 取名字了吗 |
[33:45] | Names? Yes. | 名字 取了 |
[33:47] | Uh, Nicholas and Frances. | 尼古拉斯和弗朗西丝 |
[33:49] | Nicholas. | 尼古拉斯 |
[33:51] | Oh, man, Uncle Nicky will be through the roof. | 天啊 尼奇叔叔会高兴坏的 |
[33:55] | And, uh, Frances? | 还有 弗朗西丝 |
[33:57] | – Frances? – That’s… unique. | -弗朗西丝 -这个… 很独特 |
[34:00] | I know, I know. | 是啊 |
[34:01] | Um, named after Madison’s grandmother. | 以麦迪逊的外婆命名的 |
[34:04] | Um, she gave me Nicky, so we’ll-we’ll call her Franny. | 尼奇这个名字她依了我 所以女儿就叫弗兰妮 |
[34:06] | Right on. Franny’s cute. | 好啊 弗兰妮这名字很可爱 |
[34:08] | Franny is definitely cute. | 对 弗兰妮确实很可爱 |
[34:09] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:16] | Man, eight hours ago, I was dragging some guy | 八小时前 我正把一个人 |
[34:18] | out of his totaled SUV, and now here I am a dad. | 从一辆被撞毁的越野车里拽出来 现在我当爹了 |
[34:22] | to twins. | 还是双胞胎 |
[34:24] | Damn. | 我去 |
[34:26] | Yesterday, I was in New Orleans | 昨天 我在新奥尔良 |
[34:28] | communing with the spirit of my birth mom. | 和我生母的灵魂进行了精神交流 |
[34:32] | Now I own her house. | 现在她的房子归我了 |
[34:35] | Damn. | 我去 |
[34:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:42] | We got a lot to catch up on. | 我们得好好聊聊近况了 |
[34:46] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:51] | Randall, I was terrified when I was on that plane. | 兰德尔 我在那架飞机上很害怕 |
[34:55] | I was terrified that I wouldn’t make it in time, | 我害怕我自己来不及 |
[34:58] | and I was terrified that she would be alone, | 我怕她会是一个人 |
[35:00] | and when I walked in that room, man, I heard your voice, | 但当我走进病房的时候 我听见了你的声音 |
[35:03] | and I, um… | 我… |
[35:08] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[35:12] | After everything that we’ve been through recently, | 我们之间最近发生了这么多事 |
[35:14] | you’re still… | 可你仍然… |
[35:15] | You’re my brother. | 你是我哥哥 |
[35:24] | I did say some… some pretty horrible things to you, Randall, | 但我确实对你… 说了很过分的话 兰德尔 |
[35:27] | and the truth is you are… | 可其实你是… |
[35:33] | You’re the best person I know. | 你是我见过最好的人 |
[35:36] | And on my finest day, | 而我表现最好的一天 |
[35:38] | I am simply doing a poor man’s imitation of you. | 我也只是在拙劣地模仿你而已 |
[35:42] | Hey, man. | 别说了 哥们 |
[35:44] | We both said things. | 那天我们都说了很多话 |
[35:46] | Tensions were high. | 当时气氛很紧张 |
[35:52] | We got a lot of ground to cover. | 我们有许多话没有说开 |
[35:55] | Lot of things I didn’t… | 很多事我小时候都没有… |
[35:58] | see growing up. | 注意到 |
[36:00] | Hey, man. | 哥们 |
[36:01] | If you really want to have that conversation with me, | 如果你真想和我好好聊聊这些事 |
[36:03] | then I cannot wait to have it with you. | 我随时欢迎 |
[36:07] | And one day, when you don’t have | 不过我们可以再等等 等到什么时候 |
[36:09] | two brand-spanking-new babies and just went through a whole | 你不需要去照顾两个呱呱坠地的宝宝 |
[36:13] | Planes, Trains and Automobiles adventure to get to, | 也没有刚经历完《落难见真情》冒险 |
[36:17] | we will have it. | 我们再好好聊一聊 |
[36:18] | I promise you that. | 我保证 |
[36:20] | But now is not the time. | 但现在不是时候 |
[36:23] | Now is the time to celebrate your new family. | 现在我们应该庆祝你的新家庭 |
[36:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:30] | I can’t believe you told her the “MMMBop” Story. | 我真不敢相信你跟她说了《MMMBop》的故事 |
[36:50] | What time does your watch say? | 你的表几点了 |
[36:54] | 9:53. | 九点五十三 |
[36:56] | 9:53. That’s good. | 九点五十三 那就好 |
[36:59] | I was worried maybe all the clocks in the house were fast. | 我本来还担心咱家所有的表都走快了呢 |
[37:02] | I didn’t want to accuse you of being | 我本来不想指责你 |
[37:04] | three hours and 53 minutes late for no reason. | 毫无理由地迟到了三个小时五十三分钟 |
[37:09] | – Look, Es, I… – One night. | -听我说 小艾 -就一晚 |
[37:11] | I asked you for one night to come home at 6:00 | 我只求你今晚六点回家 |
[37:14] | to have dinner with your son. | 和你儿子一起吃顿晚饭 |
[37:17] | He was so excited for you to eat the pizza he made you. | 他特别期待你可以尝尝 他为你做的披萨 |
[37:20] | I wanted to make it home. | 我确实想赶回家的 |
[37:21] | What could you be doing in that office | 你在办公室里到底能有什么事 |
[37:23] | that is so much more important than us? | 要比我们还重要 |
[37:27] | I’m so close to something huge, Es. | 我马上就要能干成一件大事了 小艾 |
[37:30] | No one has created an efficient algorithm | 迄今为止 没有人创造出 |
[37:32] | to compute the Karhunen-Loève transform. | 针对卡列南-列夫变换的有效算法 |
[37:35] | So I had the idea to approach the problem | 可我想到了一个可以解决这个问题的方法 |
[37:36] | by studying a cosine transform, | 我可以通过学习一种余弦变换 |
[37:38] | – and then… – No, stop. | -然后… -停 别说了 |
[37:44] | If I am going to forgive you, | 如果我要原谅你的话 |
[37:47] | then I need to understand | 我必须要理解 |
[37:48] | why what you are doing matters so much to you. | 为什么你的工作对你来说这么重要 |
[37:53] | So explain it to me so I will understand. | 所以为了让我明白 好好解释给我听 |
[37:57] | Explain it to me like I’m… | 好好解释给我听 就像我是… |
[37:59] | like I’m our four-year-old son. | 我们四岁的儿子那样 |
[38:05] | All right, well, | 好了 |
[38:06] | you want to move on to something else? | 你想再玩其他游戏吗 |
[38:09] | No, it’s-it’s late. I think I’m all gamed out. | 不了 太晚了 我不想玩了 |
[38:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:19] | Oh, God, it’s Kate. | 天哪 是凯特 |
[38:22] | When your mother wants a picture of Mike, what do we do? | 如果你妈想要一张迈克的照片 我们会怎么办 |
[38:25] | We mail it to her. | 把照片寄给她 |
[38:27] | Right. We mail it to Argentina. | 没错 我们要寄到阿根廷 |
[38:29] | She gets it a few weeks later. | 但她要几周之后才能收到 |
[38:31] | What if, instead of waiting for the mail, | 那么如果不需要等待邮寄的过程 |
[38:34] | she could see the photo on a computer almost instantly? | 她可以几乎立刻在电脑上看到照片呢 |
[38:39] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:40] | The military has created a network of computers | 军方已经创造了一种 |
[38:43] | around the world that are all connected. | 可以连接全世界的电脑网络 |
[38:46] | Soon, common people will have them, | 用不了多久 普通人也可以使用 |
[38:48] | and if my team can optimize a form of data compression, | 如果我的团队可以优化压缩数据的形式 |
[38:53] | they’ll be able to share images. | 它们就可以分享图像了 |
[38:56] | So, you put a picture on a computer, | 也就是说你在一台电脑上放一张照片 |
[38:59] | and my mother across the world sees the same picture? | 我妈在世界的另一端就能看到一样的照片了吗 |
[39:03] | Yes, and imagine if one day it wasn’t just a picture. | 没错 想象一下如果能分享的不只是照片 |
[39:07] | Imagine it was a movie. | 想象你可以分享电影 |
[39:09] | Imagine you could talk to someone on a screen, | 想象一下你甚至可以和一个人在电脑上聊天 |
[39:12] | like a phone call but with video. | 就像打电话一样 但同时还有图像 |
[39:19] | – Hi. Hi, sweetheart. – Hi, Kate. | -你好 甜心 -你好 凯特 |
[39:21] | – Hi, Mom. – Hi. | -你好啊 妈 -你好 |
[39:22] | I’m sorry I couldn’t call during the labor. | 抱歉分娩过程中我没法打给你们 |
[39:24] | It got really intense in there. | 当时现场真的很混乱 |
[39:26] | – It’s okay. – But, um, she’s here. | -没关系 -不过她已经出生了 |
[39:30] | She’s here. Do you want to meet your granddaughter? | 她就在这里 你想看看你的外孙女吗 |
[39:32] | Yes, I do. We do. | 想 我想看 我们都想看 |
[39:39] | My goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[39:41] | That’s Hailey. | 她是海莉 |
[39:43] | See her? | 看到她了吗 |
[39:44] | She’s gorgeous. | 她真漂亮 |
[39:48] | She’s so beautiful, Kate. | 她真是太美了 凯特 |
[39:50] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[39:52] | I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么了 |
[39:55] | Oh, my. | 天哪 |
[40:11] | All right, you ready? Look at this. | 好了 准备好了吗 来看看 |
[40:12] | Look what we did. | 看看我们的结晶 |
[40:13] | So, here is perfect baby number one. | 这位是一号完美宝宝 |
[40:17] | And then… | 接下来是… |
[40:18] | proud mommy. | 一位骄傲的妈妈 |
[40:19] | – Hi. – And… | -你好 -还有… |
[40:20] | professional tennis player. | 职业网球选手 |
[40:22] | – Hi. – Hi, Grandma. | -你好 -你好啊 祖母 |
[40:23] | Hi, Nick and Franny. | 你们好 尼克和弗兰妮 |
[40:25] | Look at those little faces. | 看看他们的小脸 |
[40:30] | You missed a spot, right there! | 你还漏了一点 就在这里 |
[40:38] | Is Toby jealous of all that hair? | 托比是不是很羡慕这么浓密的头发 |
[40:39] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[40:41] | I feel like I’m gonna have to shave her head | 我觉得我得给她剃点头发 |
[40:42] | just to, like, level the playing field. | 这样才不至于实力过于悬殊 |
[40:50] | This handsome young man right here… | 这里这位帅气的年轻人… |
[40:52] | this is Nick. | 就是尼克 |
[40:56] | Wait, Nick? | 等等 尼克 |
[40:58] | – You named him after me? – Yeah. | -你以我来给他命名吗 -没错 |
[41:00] | M-Mostly Nic Cage, but yeah, also you. | 其实主要是因为尼古拉斯·凯奇 不过也是因为你 |
[41:06] | How about that? | 怎么样 |
[41:08] | Hi, Rose. | 你好 萝丝 |
[41:11] | Badass Rose is coming home. | 老娘萝丝要回家了 |
[41:18] | Nick… Franny. | 尼克…还有弗兰妮 |
[41:21] | This is your cousin Hailey. | 这是你们的表妹海莉 |
[41:23] | – Oh, beautiful. – Huh. Look at her. | -她真美 -是吧 看看她啊 |
[41:26] | My goodness. | 我的天 |
[41:28] | The new Big Three. | 新一代的三个小家伙 |
[41:45] | I wanna squeeze her nose but tell her I love her, ok? | 可爱得让我想捏鼻子 要告诉她我很爱她哦 |
[41:50] | Ok, we will. | 好的 我们会的 |
[41:51] | Ok, mom. Say bye to everybody. | 好的 妈 再见啦 |
[41:54] | Love you. | 爱你们 |
[41:55] | Then we love you, and we miss you. Bye, guys. | 我们也爱你们 想你们 再见啦 |
[42:11] | 七十年代早期 纳西尔·阿迈德领导研究团队开发出离散余弦变换 | |
[42:17] | 很多公司仍然使用这种算法应用于图像和视频共享技术 | |
[42:22] | 你也许不知道他的名字 但纳西尔和他的团队让我们得以在今天仍然保持通讯 | |
[42:27] | 他和妻子艾斯特最近庆祝了他们五十六周年纪念日 | |
[42:33] | 我们通过视频聊天听到了他们的故事 |