时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Nick, Franny… | 尼克和弗兰妮 |
[00:04] | This is your cousin Hailey. | 这是你们的表妹海莉 |
[00:06] | Beautiful. | 她真美 |
[00:08] | Look at her. | 快看她 |
[00:08] | The new Big Three. | 新一代的三个小家伙 |
[00:10] | We are so happy you are here. | 我们特别高兴你来了 |
[00:12] | I think we have to remember how much pressure she’s under, | 我觉得我们得记住她面对着多大的压力 |
[00:13] | 克拉克舞蹈学校 | |
[00:14] | you know, and to take great care not to… | 千万小心… |
[00:16] | exacerbate said pressure. | 别再给她施压 |
[00:18] | You’re trying to tell me how to speak to my daughter? | 你在教我怎么跟我女儿说话吗 |
[00:19] | No, ma’am. No. I-I– | 不 不 我… |
[00:22] | Earlier today, when I was on the phone with work. | 因为之前 我接工作电话时收到通知… |
[00:25] | I got laid off. | 我被解雇了 |
[00:27] | And I’ve been torturing myself | 刚才的几个小时里 |
[00:28] | for the last few hours ’cause I knew I had to tell you, | 我一直在自我折磨 因为我知道我必须告诉你 |
[00:30] | but I didn’t want to ruin today. | 但我不想毁了今天这个好日子 |
[00:33] | You are never gonna ruin anything. | 你永远不会毁掉任何事 |
[00:36] | Okay? Let’s just be a family today. | 好吗 我们今天就享受家庭生活吧 |
[00:42] | You ready | 你准备好 |
[00:44] | to bathe three brand-new babies | 给三个新生儿宝宝洗澡了吗 |
[00:47] | back-to-back-to-back? | 背靠背靠背 |
[00:49] | We’re about to find out, aren’t we? | 一会儿就知道了 是不是 |
[00:54] | I got it all set up here. | 我这里都准备好了 |
[00:56] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:57] | Let’s go grab them. | 我们去抱宝宝吧 |
[01:05] | Hey, I’m just using the Palmolive. | 对了 我用了高露洁 |
[01:06] | That’s okay, right? | 可以吧 |
[01:08] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[01:09] | Okay. How ’bout a little massage after your bath, milady? | 好啦 洗完澡给你做个按摩好不好 |
[01:15] | – How’s she doing? – She’s good. | -孩子怎么样 -挺好的 |
[01:18] | Let me get in on this here. | 我来加入一下 |
[01:21] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[01:23] | Wax on, | 帮你打蜡 |
[01:24] | wax off. | 帮你擦掉 |
[01:29] | Time to get up. You’re up. | 该起来了 快起来 |
[01:31] | – Already? I just fed them. – Yeah. | -这么快 不是刚喂过吗 -是啊 |
[01:33] | I know. Come on. | 我知道 来吧 |
[01:36] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[01:43] | I feel like all I do is breastfeed. | 我感觉我每天光顾喂奶了 |
[01:46] | And, oh, my God, I am wearing cow pajamas. | 我的天呐 我还穿着奶牛睡衣 |
[01:48] | I am literally a dairy farm. | 我就是行走的奶牛场 |
[01:51] | Okay! | 好了 |
[01:53] | All right. | 好了 |
[01:53] | 请访问 YYSubs.com | |
[01:55] | Hang on, guys. | 大家等一下 |
[02:08] | You think we have enough for two babies? | 你觉得这些够两个孩子用吗 |
[02:11] | …making his first appearance | 今晚首次 |
[02:13] | on network television tonight. A short appearance… | 在电视台亮相 仅仅是惊鸿一瞥… |
[02:16] | Grogu, give me the ball. | 格洛古 把球给我 |
[02:19] | Come on. | 快点 |
[02:21] | Looking at you in the face, Monique, | 我看着你的脸 莫妮克 |
[02:23] | – you’re not remorseful. – Not right now. | -你根本不后悔 -别跟我说这个 |
[02:30] | Don’t you be a Monique. | 你以后可不能像莫妮克一样 |
[02:49] | They really are beautiful. | 他们真的太好看了 |
[02:56] | I can’t stop staring at ’em. | 我忍不住盯着他们看 |
[03:02] | She’s perfect. | 她简直完美 |
[03:21] | You know you can’t hide out here forever. | 你不可能永远躲在这里 |
[03:23] | I’m not hiding. I’m just enjoying the view. | 我没有躲 我只是享受这里的风景 |
[03:27] | The view is a fence. | 唯一的风景就是栅栏 |
[03:29] | And you brought out a heater. | 你还拿了个电暖气 |
[03:30] | And a-a coffee maker? | 难道咖啡机也算 |
[03:32] | All right, look, | 好吧 听我说 |
[03:33] | I’m grateful that your mom came to watch the girls | 我们之前去新奥尔良的时候 |
[03:35] | while we were in New Orleans. | 你妈妈来照看女儿们我很感激 |
[03:37] | But we’ve been home for a while, | 但是我们回家已经有段时间了 |
[03:39] | and she’s still here. | 而她还在这里 |
[03:42] | And even though I love family, | 虽然我很喜欢跟家人待着 |
[03:43] | it is not easy being around you two. | 但是待在你俩旁边并不轻松 |
[03:45] | The tension is thick, | 剑拔弩张的气氛 |
[03:47] | and the porch is… | 只有走廊… |
[03:48] | not inside. | 能够救我 |
[03:50] | She follows me around with a Swiffer. | 她总拿除尘拖把追着我 |
[03:53] | I mean, I know how to keep a home, Randall. | 我知道怎么收拾家 兰德尔 |
[03:55] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[03:56] | Anytime the girls don’t use a plate, | 每次孩子们不用盘子吃东西 |
[03:57] | she looks at me like I raised a pack of wolves. | 她看我的眼神就像我养了一窝狼 |
[03:59] | I hear you. | 我懂 |
[04:00] | Thank God she’s leaving tomorrow. | 谢天谢地 她明天就走了 |
[04:02] | She wants to have a big family dinner before she goes, | 她想在她走之前 大家再一起吃个饭 |
[04:04] | and I am gonna pull out all the stops. | 我打算使出我的浑身解数 |
[04:06] | I’m telling you, her favorite curry chicken. | 我告诉你 我要做她最爱的咖喱鸡 |
[04:09] | – Linen napkins. – Carol’s Last Supper. | -亚麻餐巾 -凯洛琳版最后的晚餐 |
[04:11] | Oh, no, no. It’s much more than that. | 不 可不止这个 |
[04:14] | It’s the “Make a perfect dinner to prove | 这是”做一顿完美晚餐 |
[04:15] | that I’m a capable mother | 证明我是个能干的母亲 |
[04:17] | so she can stop judging me” supper. | 让她别再挑我毛病”的晚餐 |
[04:19] | Oh, good. | 好 |
[04:19] | I love a dinner with something to prove. | 我最喜欢想证明什么的晚餐了 |
[04:22] | Come in from the porch. | 你进屋来吧 |
[04:23] | Coming in from the porch. | 这就进屋去 |
[04:26] | Do we have to watch this? | 我们一定要看这个吗 |
[04:29] | You’re supposed to be making lunch | 不是说好了 在下午上课前 |
[04:30] | before your afternoon classes. | 你们来负责做午餐吗 |
[04:33] | Tess, | 苔丝 |
[04:34] | phone can wait until after school, okay? | 下课之后再玩手机吧 好吗 |
[04:36] | I’m texting with Alex who’s in my math class. | 我在跟亚历克斯说话 我们一起上数学课 |
[04:38] | Technically, it’s school-related, so I’m good. | 所以这算学校相关事务 所以没问题 |
[04:40] | I want to watch NCIS. | 我想看《海军罪案调查处》 |
[04:42] | – Annie, that’s for old people. – No. | -安妮 那是老年人看的 -不 |
[04:43] | – Grandma got me into it. – I don’t care. | -外婆让我喜欢上了 -我不在乎 |
[04:45] | Mark Harmon’s a dreamboat. | 马克·哈蒙是我的梦中情人 |
[04:46] | – A dreamboat? – Hey, girls, come on. | -梦中情人 -孩子们 别闹了 |
[04:48] | What are you, like, 65? | 你没事吧 你65岁吗 |
[04:49] | You’ve been watching TV all day. | 你已经看了一整天电视了 |
[04:51] | That’s not fair. | 那不公平 |
[04:52] | Ladies. Ladies. | 女士们 女士们 |
[04:54] | Turn off the television. Let’s clean up this mess. | 关掉电视 我们来打扫一下 |
[04:58] | Tess? | 苔丝 |
[04:59] | Let’s see if we can find something healthy in the kitchen. | 我们看看能不能在厨房找点健康的东西 |
[05:10] | Mama C, what time does your train leave tomorrow? | 克拉克妈妈 你的火车明天几点出发 |
[05:13] | You trying to get rid of me, Randall? | 你想赶我走吗 兰德尔 |
[05:14] | I– No, ma’am. | 我 不是 |
[05:15] | – I was just… – Well, that’s good. | -我只是… -那就好 |
[05:17] | Because Amtrak has a “No change fee” Policy, | 因为美铁有免费改签政策 |
[05:19] | so I delayed a week. | 所以我延后了一周 |
[05:21] | Seems you could use an extra set of hands around here. | 感觉你这里还用得上帮手 |
[05:23] | Darling, throw these in the garbage, please. | 亲爱的 请把这些扔进垃圾桶 |
[05:26] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[05:34] | – Look at you, person who showered. – Yep. | -看看你 洗过澡的人 -嗯 |
[05:36] | And I brought you something special. | 我给你带了一件特别的东西 |
[05:40] | You are not a cow. You are a beautiful woman. | 你不是奶牛 你是漂亮的女人 |
[05:43] | So I bought you… | 所以我给你买了… |
[05:45] | a beautiful dress. | 一条好看的裙子 |
[05:46] | And I was thinking maybe tomorrow night | 我在想或许明晚 |
[05:47] | we invite Kate and Toby over for dinner. | 我们邀请凯特和托比过来吃晚餐 |
[05:49] | I already checked with Natasha. She’s fine to stay and help out. | 我已经问过娜塔莎 她可以留下帮忙 |
[05:52] | So, you know, we sit down, we have a meal at a table. | 所以我们坐下来 在餐桌吃顿饭 |
[05:57] | What do you say? | 你说怎么样 |
[05:59] | Can I pump and have a half glass of wine? | 我能泵好奶 喝一杯红酒吗 |
[06:01] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[06:02] | – Gimme that dress. – There you go. | -把裙子给我 -给 |
[06:08] | Wait, like, a real dinner? | 等等 正式的晚餐吗 |
[06:09] | Like, with dinner plates? | 用餐盘的那种 |
[06:11] | Yeah, we’re in. | 好 我们加入 |
[06:12] | I haven’t even left the house | 除了带杰克去上音乐课 |
[06:13] | but to take Jack to his music class, | 我一直没出过门 |
[06:16] | which he loves. But… | 他爱上那课 但是… |
[06:18] | dinner would give me a reason | 晚餐会给我一个理由 |
[06:19] | to actually shower this week. | 在这周终于洗个澡了 |
[06:22] | Hey, Kev, can I call you back? | 小凯 我能一会再打给你吗 |
[06:24] | Okay. Bye-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[06:24] | 盲人音乐学校 | |
[06:27] | I do shower more than once a week. | 我一周不止洗一次澡 |
[06:29] | I do. | 真的 |
[06:30] | Jack, it’s Dr. Salzman. | 杰克 是萨尔兹曼博士 |
[06:32] | Hi, Jack. | 杰克 你好 |
[06:34] | – How are you? – Good. | -你怎么样 -很好 |
[06:36] | We have missed you volunteering in the classroom. | 我们想念你在教室里当志愿者的时候 |
[06:39] | I miss it, too. | 我也很怀念 |
[06:40] | Yeah, it’s just, um, | 对 只是 |
[06:41] | with the new baby, you know, it’s been a little hectic, so… | 带着新生宝宝 有点忙乱 所以… |
[06:44] | By the way, Jack and I have been singing her | 对了 杰克和我一直在给她 |
[06:46] | all the songs that we’re learning here. | 唱我们在这学到的所有歌 |
[06:48] | Aren’t we, Jack? | 是不是 杰克 |
[06:49] | Well, with you as her mother, she’s bound to be musical. | 有你当她妈妈 她注定会爱音乐的 |
[06:53] | Well, I don’t know if she has a choice. | 可能她也别无选择 |
[06:57] | Yeah. So… | 对 所以… |
[06:59] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[07:01] | I told you about my time with my last company. | 我跟你说了我在上一家公司的经历 |
[07:04] | Yes. You did. | 对 你说了 |
[07:06] | Sounds like a great experience. | 听起来是很棒的经历 |
[07:08] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:09] | It was. It was– it was great. | 是的 的确是 是很棒 |
[07:24] | So, that happened. | 出了点小状况 |
[07:28] | Look, Terrence, I know that this isn’t going great. | 听我说 特伦斯 我知道这次面试不太顺利 |
[07:31] | Okay. This is, like, my 30th interview with no nibbles, | 这大概是我第30次无果的面试 |
[07:35] | and it’s getting kind of difficult | 在电脑屏幕前展现自我 |
[07:36] | to give my all to a computer screen, | 变得有点困难了 |
[07:38] | especially when I’m rocking my newborn daughter | 尤其是当我要在车库里用九号铁 |
[07:41] | with a nine iron in the garage. | 晃悠我刚出生的女儿的时候 |
[07:43] | So, uh, can we just cut to the chase? | 所以 我们能开门见山吗 |
[07:45] | Do I have a shot at this or should we just call this one | 我有机会吗 还是确定没戏 |
[07:47] | and put some pants on? | 可以把裤子穿上了 |
[07:51] | Cutting to the chase? | 开门见山吗 |
[07:53] | You’re our top candidate, Toby. | 你是我们的最佳人选 托比 |
[07:56] | Let me talk to my partners and we’ll get back to you. | 让我跟合伙人谈谈 我们会再联系你的 |
[07:59] | Wow. Okay. Great. | 好的 太好了 |
[08:01] | Thank you so much. | 万分感谢 |
[08:08] | Did Daddy possibly just get a new job? | 爸爸是不是可能找到新工作了 |
[08:13] | I think he did. I think he did. | 我觉得是 我觉得是 |
[08:21] | Wow. You look handsome. | 你看起来很帅 |
[08:23] | Yeah, Miguel said I should probably wear a tie to dinner. | 米格尔说我应该戴领带去吃晚餐 |
[08:27] | You don’t think I look too much like a suck-up? | 会觉得我看起来太谄媚了吗 |
[08:29] | No. You’re not sucking up. | 不会 你不谄媚 |
[08:31] | You are angling for a promotion, | 你是隐晦地暗示想要升职 |
[08:33] | which would be nice, | 是好事 |
[08:34] | because diapers are expensive. | 因为尿布很贵 |
[08:36] | Way to put a little pressure on it. | 你倒挺会给我增加压力 |
[08:37] | No, no. I’m-I’m not putting pressure on you. | 不不 我不是要给你压力 |
[08:39] | I think you should just go be yourself | 我觉得你应该就做自己 |
[08:42] | and show those Lundy suits that | 让那些穿仑迪西装的人看看 |
[08:43] | you are more than a foreman. | 你不止是个工头 |
[08:45] | “More than a foreman.” | “不止是个工头” |
[08:48] | You’re a five-man. | 你是个”土头”[多一点] |
[08:51] | That was very cute. | 这梗还挺可爱的 |
[08:52] | I know. I might be sleep-deprived, | 我知道 我可能睡眠不足 |
[08:54] | but Mama’s still got it. | 但妈妈还有梗 |
[08:56] | Are you sure you’re gonna be okay here alone | 你确定今晚一个人 |
[08:58] | with the kids tonight? | 独自照顾孩子能行吗 |
[08:59] | You don’t want to splurge and get a sitter? | 你不想奢侈一下找个保姆吗 |
[09:01] | No. No, I don’t want to splurge. | 不不 我不想奢侈 |
[09:05] | Seriously, leave while you can. | 说真的 趁你还能走的时候赶紧走 |
[09:06] | – All right, wish me luck. – I would, but you don’t need it. | -好吧 祝我好运 -我会的 不过你不需要 |
[09:18] | No new e-mails? | 没有新邮件吗 |
[09:19] | Nope. | 没有 |
[09:20] | How long does it take to talk to your partners? | 跟合伙人谈谈需要多久 |
[09:23] | Maybe the guy was just giving me lip service. | 或许那人只是跟我口头说说 |
[09:26] | No. Babe, you’re amazing. | 不 亲爱的 你很棒 |
[09:28] | They loved you. You’re gonna get the job. | 他们喜欢你 你会得到这份工作的 |
[09:30] | And I think you should let yourself feel excited about it. | 而且我觉得你应该为此感到激动 |
[09:33] | Yeah, I-I would be excited | 是 我会激动的 |
[09:35] | not to have to dip into our savings, | 如果不必再动用我们的存款的话 |
[09:36] | I’ll tell you that much. | 这是肯定的 |
[09:39] | But you know what Terrence was telling me? | 但你知道特伦斯跟我说什么吗 |
[09:41] | He was saying that not only do they offer stock options | 他说他们不仅提供股票期权 |
[09:44] | but they also– they have an entire room | 而且他们还有一整间屋子 |
[09:47] | dedicated to cereal. | 专门放麦片 |
[09:49] | – That’s perfect for you. – I know. | -那简直是你的天堂 -可不是 |
[09:51] | But, look, c-can we just– can we just not tell Kevin | 但是 我们能不能 先不告诉凯文 |
[09:55] | about any of this stuff until we see how this all plays out? | 这件事 一切都尘埃落定后再说 |
[09:58] | – Okay. – OKay. | -好吧 -好的 |
[10:01] | But, babe, he’s family. We can tell him anything. | 但是宝贝 他是家人 我们什么都可以告诉他 |
[10:03] | Yeah, I know. I just– | 我知道 我只是 |
[10:04] | If I have to tell him that I lost my job, | 如果要我跟他说我失业了 |
[10:06] | I’d rather have a new job lined up already. | 我宁愿在找到新工作后再说 |
[10:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:12] | I wanted to make something special | 我本想做点特别的东西 |
[10:13] | for what I thought was gonna be your, | 因为我以为那会是你 |
[10:16] | last dinner. | 最后一顿晚餐 |
[10:17] | But just so I can plan, | 但我也想计划一下 |
[10:19] | how many more dinners we thinking, Mom? | 你还要在这吃几顿晚饭 妈 |
[10:21] | Oh, I’m not sure. | 我说不准 |
[10:24] | don’t put too many Scotch bonnet peppers in that curry. | 别在咖喱里放太多苏格兰帽椒 |
[10:28] | Not everyone can handle the heat. | 不是所有人都能掌握好火候的 |
[10:30] | I can handle the heat. | 我就能 |
[10:33] | Hey, Tess, help me set the table. | 苔丝 帮我摆下餐具 |
[10:36] | I’m gonna go over Alex’s for dinner. | 我要去亚历克斯家吃饭 |
[10:38] | Oh, not tonight. We’re gonna have a family dinner. | 今晚不行 今晚要家庭聚餐 |
[10:40] | But you can go over her house another night. | 但你可以改天去她家吃饭 |
[10:42] | Oh, my God. I told you. | 天呐 我跟你讲过 |
[10:44] | It’s not “Her.” It’s “Their.” | 不是”她” 是”他们” |
[10:46] | Sorry, sorry. Their house. | 抱歉抱歉 他们家 |
[10:48] | I just got to get used to using a plural pronoun | 我只是得习惯用复数代词 |
[10:51] | in a singular way, you know? | 指代单数名词 你知道吗 |
[10:53] | It’s actually not that difficult. | 这其实不是很难 |
[10:55] | We’ve used “They” singularly throughout history really. | 历史上我们一直在用”他们”指代单数 |
[10:58] | “Somebody left their umbrella at the office.” | “有人把他们的伞落在办公室了” |
[11:01] | See? Simple. | 你看 多简单 |
[11:02] | Yup. Right. Simple. | 没错 简单 |
[11:10] | Hey, Mrs. Pearson. | 你好 皮尔森太太 |
[11:11] | – Hey – Hey, Mrs. Clarke. | -你好 -你好 克拉克太太 |
[11:13] | is Randall here? | 兰德尔在吗 |
[11:14] | I got to talk to him about a work thing. | 我得跟他说件工作上的事 |
[11:16] | Yeah, he’s outside on his porch. | 在 他在外面走廊 |
[11:20] | Okay. I’ll just wait here, I guess. | 好吧 我在这等好了 |
[11:31] | This your little hideout, huh? | 这就是你的藏身之处 对吧 |
[11:34] | Not hiding, youngster. | 我没有藏 小伙子 |
[11:35] | Just, uh, carving out a little space for myself. | 只是 给自己留点空间 |
[11:39] | There’s a lot of strong, opinionated women inside. | 里面有太多强势 又固执己见的女人 |
[11:43] | But now that you’re here, | 但既然你来了 |
[11:44] | we are evening out the gender scales. | 性别比例就持平了 |
[11:47] | You, me and my new basil plant. | 你 我 还有我的新罗勒盆栽 |
[11:50] | Your basil’s a guy? | 你的罗勒是男的 |
[11:51] | Actually, basil plants don’t have a gender. | 其实罗勒盆栽不分性别 |
[11:53] | They’re pollinated by small flying insects. | 他们由小飞虫授粉 |
[11:55] | But also, yes, he’s a dude. | 但是 没错 他是男的 |
[12:02] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[12:04] | Something on your mind? | 你有心事吗 |
[12:10] | Oh, okay, I’ll-I’ll just say it. | 好吧 我就直说了 |
[12:12] | I-I… I kind of need some advice. | 我 我需要一些建议 |
[12:14] | You’re coming to me for advice? | 你来找我寻求建议吗 |
[12:19] | You see, that’s what I’m talking about. | 看看 这就对了 |
[12:22] | My daughters never come to me for advice, | 我的女儿们从来不向我寻求建议 |
[12:23] | and I’m so full of wonderful advice to share. | 而我有一大堆建议想分享 |
[12:27] | Pull up a chair, young brother. | 拉把椅子过来吧 小弟 |
[12:31] | What is it? | 什么事情 |
[12:33] | School, career, book recommendation, women? | 学校 事业 图书推荐 还是女人 |
[12:36] | You’re dating my daughter, so it better not be women. | 你正在和我女儿约会 所以最好别是女人问题 |
[12:38] | It’s not women. | 不是女人问题 |
[12:42] | No, it’s, uh… it’s actually about Janelle, | 就是 其实是关于詹妮尔的 |
[12:46] | – my-my kid. – Okay. | -我的孩子 -好的 |
[12:49] | Her mom wants to come back into her life. | 她妈妈想回到她的生活中来 |
[12:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:58] | How you feel about that? | 你怎么想的 |
[13:03] | Well, when I had her, Jennifer’s– | 在我有孩子后 詹妮弗的… |
[13:06] | J-Jennifer’s Janelle’s mom– | 詹妮弗是詹妮尔的妈妈 |
[13:09] | her parents wanted to put the baby up for adoption. | 她父母想把孩子送人收养 |
[13:13] | It got real ugly there for a minute. | 当时场面闹得很难看 |
[13:14] | You know, me and my parents had to fight like hell | 我和我父母不得不为了完全监护权 |
[13:17] | for full custody. | 拼命打官司 |
[13:19] | But a couple of days ago, | 但就在几天前 |
[13:21] | Jennifer reached out, and… | 詹妮弗联系我 还说… |
[13:24] | now she wants to be involved. | 她现在想照顾小孩 |
[13:27] | I-I mean, I don’t… I don’t know. I… | 我是说 我不知道… |
[13:29] | I don’t have a problem with it, | 我对此没问题 |
[13:32] | but I know my parents wouldn’t have it. | 但我知道我爸妈不会同意的 |
[13:35] | I don’t know. I-I guess… | 我不知道 我只是… |
[13:38] | I guess I just thought with everything you’ve been through, | 我只是觉得你经历了这么多 |
[13:39] | you’d have some thoughts on it? | 可能会有想法 |
[13:43] | It’s a tough thing to give advice about. | 这件事有点难给建议 |
[13:46] | You know, no two situations are exactly the same, so… | 没有什么情况是完全一样的 所以… |
[13:53] | It was a big hole for me, not knowing my birth mother. | 不认识我的生母 对我来说是一种空缺 |
[13:58] | And I finally just got some answers at 40. | 而我在40岁才得到些答案 |
[14:04] | So I guess, | 所以我想 |
[14:07] | if you’re asking about my experience, | 如果你询问我的经验 |
[14:09] | I would say… | 我想说… |
[14:14] | …if I had a chance to know my mom, | 如果我有机会认识我妈 |
[14:15] | it would have saved me a lot of time in therapy. | 可能我就不用花这么长时间看心理医生了 |
[14:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:24] | I know what I’m gonna do. | 我知道我该做什么了 |
[14:26] | And if this does not work out, | 如果这方法行不通 |
[14:28] | I will be spending a lot of time here with you and your basil. | 我就在这儿一直陪着你和罗勒 |
[14:31] | Hey, man, Isaac and I will appreciate the company. | 朋友 我和艾萨克都会对你感激不尽的 |
[14:35] | Oh, God, you named him. | 天呐 你还给他取名了 |
[14:38] | – Who’s here? – Kevin! | -是谁啊 -凯文 |
[14:41] | Hey! Come on in. | 快进来 |
[14:43] | What’s up? How you doing, handsome? | 你好吗 帅哥 |
[14:44] | How are you? Hi. Thank you. | 你好吗 谢谢 |
[14:51] | Let me get my first selfie with my new niece here. | 来和我刚出生的侄女拍第一张自拍 |
[14:54] | There we go. | 好了 |
[14:55] | Wow. Your house looks so nice. | 你们家布置得真棒 |
[14:58] | It is not me. It’s our magical nanny. | 不是我弄的 全靠我们家田螺保姆 |
[14:59] | I just do whatever she tells me. | 我只用照她说的做就行了 |
[15:02] | Here, let’s get you guys settled. | 我来帮你们把东西放好 |
[15:03] | – Thank you. – And take her. I have the babies in the back. | -谢谢 -把她安顿好 我的孩子们都在后面 |
[15:06] | Hi, pretty. | 你好啊 小美人儿 |
[15:07] | Geez, what, are you opening a store? | 老天 你是要开商店吗 |
[15:09] | Yeah, I know, right? | 是啊 我知道挺夸张的 |
[15:10] | Every single person I ever worked with got us something. | 和我共事过的每个人都给我们准备了礼物 |
[15:13] | These right here– these are called “WubbaNubs.” | 这里的 这些叫”玩偶奶嘴” |
[15:15] | – Glenn Close sent those over. – Yeah. | -格伦·克洛斯送来的 -嗯 |
[15:16] | I got a cabinet full of diapers from Jessica Alba. | 杰西卡·艾尔巴送了我一柜子尿布 |
[15:19] | But the best, the best, my friend, I saved for you. | 但最棒的是 我特地给你留了 |
[15:22] | These are Cohibas from Leonardo DiCaprio’s… | 这些科伊巴雪茄 是莱昂纳多·迪卡普里奥… |
[15:26] | manager. | 的经纪人给的 |
[15:29] | – If we must. – I think we must. | -如果你坚持 -我觉得我们必须… |
[15:31] | And I’m looking forward to catching up with you, you know? | 我很想和你叙叙旧 你知道吗 |
[15:32] | I want to hear everything that’s going on in your life. | 我想知道你最近过得怎么样 |
[15:33] | I want to hear how many ounces the baby is eating, | 我想知道宝宝吃了多少奶 |
[15:35] | 特伦斯 很高兴认识你 但很遗憾 我们决定录用另一位候选人 祝你找工作好运 | |
[15:36] | If you guys are planning on sleep training, | 如果你们打算进行睡眠训练 |
[15:38] | and if you are, when are you planning on doing that. | 如果确实有打算的话 你打算什么时候开始 |
[15:40] | What are the words that are coming out of my mouth? | 我嘴里说出来的都是些什么话 |
[15:41] | What the hell has happened to me? | 我到底怎么了 |
[15:43] | Anyway, are you, uh…? | 不管怎么说 你… |
[15:46] | Tobe, you coming? | 小托 你来吗 |
[15:49] | Yup. Yeah. | 嗯 来 |
[15:52] | Well, I got to put a little pressure on him. | 我得给他施点压 |
[15:54] | See if we can get some things moving down there. | 看看能不能推一推事情的进度 |
[15:56] | Town’s driving him a little nutty. | 小镇的工程快把他逼疯了 |
[15:58] | I swear if I don’t get Waterstone’s B.O.Q. | 我发誓 如果这周结束前还没拿到 |
[16:00] | by the end of the week, we’re moving on. | 沃特斯通的BOQ 我们就不管了 |
[16:02] | That’s a bill of quantity. | 是指工程量清单 |
[16:03] | You’ve been complaining about that guy for months. | 你已经抱怨那家伙好几个月了 |
[16:05] | The only reason I still do business with him is | 我还和他合作 只是因为 |
[16:07] | he’s got seats behind the Pirates dugout at Three Rivers. | 他在三河体育场海盗队的球员席后面有座位 |
[16:10] | Now, that’s a good reason. | 这是个好理由 |
[16:12] | You know, Jack is a huge fan of the Pirates. | 杰克是海盗队的铁杆球迷 |
[16:15] | You should tell them your Willie Stargell story. | 你应该告诉他们你和威利·斯塔格尔的故事 |
[16:17] | Yeah, come on, tell ’em. It’s a great story. | 来吧 告诉他们 很精彩的故事 |
[16:21] | Okay, um… Willie Stargell. | 好吧 威利·斯塔格尔 |
[16:26] | So, I was at Rudy’s, | 我当时在鲁迪烧烤餐厅 |
[16:29] | the night he hit his 400th home run. | 那晚他打出了第四百个本垒打 |
[16:31] | And all of a sudden, in walks Willie. | 突然 威利走进来 |
[16:35] | And the whole place just lights up. | 整个地方都被点亮了 |
[16:37] | And so, I tried to make my way over to say congratulations, | 所以 我想过去祝贺他 |
[16:41] | and the guy’s just– he’s getting mobbed. | 但是那家伙 他被一群人围住了 |
[16:43] | I didn’t want to hound him, so I just let it go. | 我不想麻烦他 所以就放弃了 |
[16:48] | End of the night, I’m walking out to my car. | 晚上的时候 我正往我车里走 |
[16:51] | There in the parking lot is Willie. | 威利恰好在停车场 |
[16:55] | So I figured, this is my chance. | 所以我寻思着 机会来了 |
[16:58] | Walk up to him, and say, uh, “Congratulations. | 走到他面前 说”恭喜你 |
[17:01] | You know, I’m-I’m a huge fan.” All that. | 我是你的铁杆球迷” 之类的话 |
[17:04] | And as we’re there talking, | 在我们说话的时候 |
[17:06] | he tells me he can’t find his car, so I say to him, | 他跟我说找不到他的车了 我就跟他说 |
[17:08] | “You know, Willie, it’s getting a little late. | “威利 现在有点晚了 |
[17:10] | How about I just give you a ride home?” | 要不我送你回家吧” |
[17:11] | You gave Willie Stargell a ride home? | 你开车送威利·斯塔格尔回家了吗 |
[17:13] | No. | 没有 |
[17:14] | No, just then, a stretch limo pulls up, | 没有 就在那时 一辆加长豪车停过来 |
[17:16] | he jumps in, takes off. | 他进了车 就走了 |
[17:18] | He never had his car. | 他没有自己的车 |
[17:19] | That’s why he couldn’t find his car. | 所以他才找不到他的车 |
[17:20] | He never had his car. | 他从来都没有自己的车 |
[17:23] | But I did get to stand in the parking lot | 但我确实站在停车场 |
[17:25] | 威利·斯塔格尔的绰号 | |
[17:25] | and talk to Pops for a good ten minutes | 和老爹找那辆车的时候 |
[17:27] | – while we looked for that car. – That’s great. | -好好地聊了十分钟 -太棒了 |
[17:31] | – To Pops. – Pops. | -敬老爹 -敬老爹 |
[17:32] | – Pops. – Pops. | -敬老爹 -敬老爹 |
[17:40] | Wonder if I’ll get dad bod. | 不知道我会不会变成奶爸身材 |
[17:43] | What is dad bod anyway? | 话说奶爸身材是什么样的 |
[17:44] | Is that skinny fat, or is that, like, uh, | 是虚胖 还是… |
[17:46] | pear shape, or… who knows anymore? | 梨形身材 还是… 谁知道呢 |
[17:49] | Anyway, it doesn’t matter. I’m down with dad bod. | 算了 这不重要了 我可以接受 |
[17:56] | Man, I’ve been thinking a lot | 老天 我最近一直在想很多 |
[17:56] | about this whole fatherhood thing, you know? | 有关当爸爸的那些事 你能理解吧 |
[18:00] | You know, like, things I want for my kids– our kids– | 比如 我想给我的 我们的孩子们的东西 |
[18:04] | and, uh, I really want ’em to all grow up together, | 而且 我真的希望他们能一起长大 |
[18:08] | like one big crew, you know? | 就像一个大团队 你知道吧 |
[18:10] | Camp together, go on vacations together. | 一起露营 一起度假 |
[18:15] | This may be a total fantasy, | 这也许完全是幻想 |
[18:16] | but, um, there’s this property in Malibu | 但是 马里布有块地 |
[18:19] | that I’ve-I’ve sort of been Internet stalking. | 我一直在网上追踪调查 |
[18:21] | I was thinking about buying it now, and then, | 我本来想买下来 然后 |
[18:23] | later on down the road– I don’t know– | 然后未来 我也不知道… |
[18:24] | build a… a compound for us or something. | 为我们建一个大院之类的 |
[18:29] | Yeah, I don’t think Malibu is my scene. | 我觉得马里布不适合我 |
[18:32] | – No? – No. | -不适合吗 -不适合 |
[18:35] | Yeah, you’re probably right. | 也许你是对的 |
[18:35] | You know, the kids’ll end up surfing | 孩子们长大了可能沉迷冲浪 |
[18:36] | and probably become stoners and then… | 或者很可能会变成瘾君子 然后… |
[18:40] | Anyway, that’s all for later. | 管他的 那都是以后的事了 |
[18:41] | You know, I just… I like thinking about that kind of stuff. | 我只是… 喜欢去想这些事 |
[18:44] | But enough about me. | 但我说够了 |
[18:45] | Enough-enough rambling. What about you? | 我说得够多了 你怎么样 |
[18:47] | How are things with you? How’s, uh… how’s work? | 你最近怎么样 你… 工作怎么样 |
[18:51] | Sushi’s here! | 寿司到了 |
[18:53] | – Great. Let’s eat. – Okay. | -太好了 我们吃饭吧 -好的 |
[18:57] | There you go. | 请 |
[18:59] | There you go. | 好了 |
[19:01] | Miss Bethany, you have certainly outdone yourself this evening. | 贝丝妮小姐 你今晚真是超越自我了 |
[19:04] | Oh, it’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:05] | It didn’t take too long to grind the spices by hand. | 纯手工磨香料也不是很花时间 |
[19:08] | And then after that, I just ironed the napkins | 然后 我就是熨了下餐巾纸 |
[19:10] | and broke out the wedding china, so it was no biggie. | 还拿出了结婚用的瓷器 没什么大不了的 |
[19:14] | So, how was everybody’s day? | 大家今天过得怎么样 |
[19:16] | Tess? | 苔丝 |
[19:18] | Same as yesterday and the day before that | 跟昨天和前天一样 |
[19:20] | because we’re here all the time. | 因为我们一直都待在家里 |
[19:23] | What about you, Malik? | 那你呢 马利克 |
[19:25] | You’re not here all the time. | 你可没一直待在这里 |
[19:31] | You know, same ol’ same ol’. | 就… 还是老样子 |
[19:34] | Life and stuff. | 各种生活琐事 |
[19:35] | I have something to share. | 我想分享一件事 |
[19:39] | My new basil plant seems to be thriving on the porch. | 我新种的罗勒似乎在门廊上长得不错 |
[19:43] | Must be keeping those pH levels nice and steady. | 一定是因为酸碱度控制得很好很稳定 |
[19:45] | Or maybe it’s the new soil I picked up. | 要不就是因为我新换的土 |
[19:47] | You know, the key is granular aggregates. | 关键在于要用带颗粒的土壤 |
[19:50] | Hey, little mamas, there’s no phones at the dinner table. | 姑娘们 吃饭时可不能玩手机 |
[19:54] | At my school, the children had to leave their phones | 在我的学校 孩子们上课或有其它要事时 |
[19:56] | in their lockers during class and other important events. | 必须把手机放在储物柜里 |
[20:00] | Yup, that’s why I have a new phone policy. | 是啊 所以我制定了新的手机政策 |
[20:06] | Phones in. | 把手机放进来 |
[20:09] | – But, Mom… – In. | -可是 妈妈… -放进来 |
[20:15] | You, too, Mr. Same Ol’ Same Ol’. | 你也一样 老样子先生 |
[20:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:22] | But I’m a councilman. | 可我是议员 |
[20:23] | What if there’s an emergency? | 万一有紧急情况呢 |
[20:25] | I’ll just let the city burn. | 那就让城市自生自灭吧 |
[20:29] | You like cigars? | 你喜欢雪茄吗 |
[20:31] | Well, Natasha has all four kids down back there. | 娜塔莎在楼下带四个孩子 |
[20:34] | Nick spit up in my ear. | 尼克吐到了我耳朵里 |
[20:37] | I have swimmer’s ear, but with baby vomit. | 像游泳进了水 不过是婴儿的呕吐物 |
[20:39] | Wow, spoken like a true mom. | 能说出这话的都是真妈妈 |
[20:41] | I can’t believe we’re both moms. | 真不敢相信我们都当妈了 |
[20:42] | I know. This is gonna sound awkward, | 是啊 虽然这样说有点尴尬 |
[20:45] | but thank you for sleeping with my brother. | 但谢谢你跟我哥上床 |
[20:47] | Anytime. | 随时乐意 |
[20:50] | And thank you for inviting us. | 感谢你邀请我们来 |
[20:52] | – Yes. – This is awesome. | -是吧 -这太棒了 |
[20:54] | Kev, oh, my goodness. | 小凯 天啊 |
[20:55] | But I think that you bought enough for, like, an army. | 我感觉你买的食物都够一整个军队吃了 |
[20:58] | Yeah, I figured we all deserve a treat. | 是啊 我觉得我们都应该犒劳下自己 |
[21:00] | Well, really, thank you. It’s so nice. | 真的非常感谢 这真不错 |
[21:02] | – Yeah, thank you. – Oh, come on. | -是啊 谢谢你 -拜托 |
[21:03] | Anything for you guys, always. | 我永远愿意为你们做任何事情 |
[21:05] | – Let’s have a toast? – Yes. | -来个祝酒词吗 -好啊 |
[21:08] | To the first get-together of a new generation. | 致我们新一代的首次聚会 |
[21:12] | May they one day care about each other | 愿他们有一日也能像我对你们这样 |
[21:14] | the way that I do for each of you. | 彼此珍惜 彼此在乎 |
[21:18] | Crap. I’m leaking. | 糟了 我溢乳了 |
[21:22] | Uh, don’t judge me. | 别笑我 |
[21:27] | Wow, so, the twins have been really quiet all night. | 龙凤胎一晚上都很安静啊 |
[21:30] | Yeah, it’s the SNOO. | 是啊 归功于智能婴儿床 |
[21:31] | It’s a miracle machine. But you guys know. | 真是神器 不过你们也知道 |
[21:32] | – You have one. – Uh, no. We rented the one for Jack, | -你们也有一张 -没有 我们租过一张给杰克 |
[21:35] | but, uh, we’re not gonna do it this time. | 但我们这次不打算用了 |
[21:37] | – Yeah, we’re just gonna go old-fashioned. – Really? | -是啊 我们打算用传统的方法 -真的吗 |
[21:38] | You know, I-I rock Hailey with my foot. | 我会用腿摇海莉 |
[21:41] | What? You don’t have a SNOO? | 什么 你们没有智能婴儿床 |
[21:44] | You got to get a SNOO. I’ll get you a SNOO right now. | 你们得买一张 我现在就给你们买 |
[21:46] | – Kev, it’s all right. – No, no, no. | -小凯 没关系的 -不不不 |
[21:47] | It’s easy. It’s two seconds. It’s two seconds. | 很简单 两秒钟的事 两秒钟就好 |
[21:51] | Besides, I didn’t get Hailey a baby gift yet. | 再说 我还没给海莉准备出生礼物 |
[21:53] | We don’t need one. | 我们不需要 |
[21:53] | And your lives are stressful enough as it is. | 而且你们生活压力已经够大了 |
[21:55] | Okay, it’s the least I can do. | 这点东西不算什么 |
[21:57] | Just get this real quick. | 等我马上下个单 |
[21:59] | Did you tell him? | 你告诉他了吗 |
[22:02] | Yeah, of course you did, | 是啊 你当然说了 |
[22:03] | ’cause you guys tell each other everything. | 因为你们兄妹间无话不谈 |
[22:04] | – Tell me what? – And that’s what this is all about. | -跟我说什么 -原来是这么回事啊 |
[22:05] | – Toby. – That’s why the big sushi spread | -托比 -怪不得会有寿司大餐 |
[22:07] | and the free SNOO and the compound in Malibu. | 免费的智能婴儿床 还有马里布的大院 |
[22:10] | Don’t worry, Kev. I’ll find another job. | 别担心 小凯 我会找到新工作的 |
[22:16] | You lost your job? | 你失业了 |
[22:22] | Yeah, but it’s okay, | 是啊 不过没事的 |
[22:24] | ’cause he’s about to get a really great job offer. | 因为他马上就会有很好的工作了 |
[22:27] | He had an interview that we feel really good about. | 他参加了一场面试 我们觉得挺有戏的 |
[22:29] | – Okay. – Actually, we don’t. | -好的 -其实没戏了 |
[22:31] | I di… I didn’t get it. I found out I didn’t get it. | 我没通过面试 刚接到通知 |
[22:34] | Um, and the job market is really terrible right now. | 而且现在就业状况也非常糟糕 |
[22:36] | There doesn’t seem to be much light at the end of this tunnel, | 这条隧道的尽头似乎没什么光 |
[22:39] | so I think I’m just gonna fill myself | 所以我打算尽可能放开了吃 |
[22:40] | with as much of this expensive sushi as possible | 用昂贵的寿司填满自己 |
[22:43] | until it’s army rations for us from here on out. | 毕竟以后可能要过上艰苦日子了 |
[22:48] | Screw the dress. | 去他的裙子 |
[22:49] | The entire country’s in sweatpants. | 现在全国人民都穿运动装 |
[22:51] | What’d I miss? | 我错过什么了 |
[22:59] | Last shrimp? | 最后一只虾吃吗 |
[23:01] | If I have one more bite, I’m gonna have to undo my belt, | 如果我再吃一口 我就得解开腰带了 |
[23:04] | and I don’t know you two well enough. | 我觉得我们还没熟到那种程度 |
[23:06] | Who knew Pearson had a personality? | 没想到皮尔森还挺有个性 |
[23:08] | Until tonight, we thought you were all | 在今晚之前 我们还以为你只是个 |
[23:10] | facial hair and flannels. | 满脸胡子满嘴客套的家伙 |
[23:14] | – Credit card roulette? – What’s that? | -玩信用卡轮盘赌吗 -那是什么 |
[23:17] | We each put in a credit card. | 每个人把信用卡放上来 |
[23:19] | Whichever one the waitress picks, that guy pays the bill. | 服务生选到哪一张 就由那个人来买单 |
[23:23] | Yeah, but Jack shouldn’t have to put in for that. | 是啊 不过杰克不必参加 |
[23:25] | He can’t expense booze as an office supply, like you morons. | 他不像你们这些白痴 能把酒当办公用品报销 |
[23:30] | No, I-I’m in. | 不 我要参加 |
[23:32] | Yeah, I’m in. | 对 我要参加 |
[23:33] | Look, I just got a Mastercard. | 我刚办了一张万事达卡 |
[23:34] | – You sure? – Attaboy. | -你确定吗 -好样的 |
[23:37] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:39] | There you go. | 给你 |
[23:40] | Pick one. | 选一张吧 |
[23:45] | Oh, new guy buys. | 新人买单 |
[23:48] | – Great. – Thanks. – Thanks, Jack. | -太好了 -谢谢 -谢谢你 杰克 |
[23:50] | Yeah, thanks, Jack. | 是啊 谢了 杰克 |
[23:53] | Well, they’re fools, Toby. | 他们都是傻子 托比 |
[23:54] | Obviously, you know, any company would be lucky to have you. | 显然 有你这样的员工是公司的福气 |
[23:57] | It’s just, it’s a weird time right now, you know. | 只是现在时运不济 |
[23:59] | The economy’s all over the place, | 到处经济不景气 |
[24:00] | and these things have a way of working themselves out. | 但最终总会回归正轨的 |
[24:04] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -嗯 |
[24:06] | Don’t mean to interrupt. | 抱歉打断你们一下 |
[24:07] | Franny’s fussy. I think she’s still hungry. | 弗兰妮在闹 她可能还没吃饱 |
[24:09] | – Oh, I’ll just feed her here. – Okay. | -那我在这里喂她 -好的 |
[24:15] | I’m just gonna reach for the soy sauce, FYI. | 声明一下 我是想拿酱油 |
[24:18] | It’s kind of close to your left feeder. | 但它离你的左乳有点近 |
[24:20] | I don’t care. We’re all family. | 没关系 我们是一家人嘛 |
[24:22] | Exactly. We’re all family. | 没错 我们是一家人 |
[24:24] | And if you guys need anything to tide you over | 如果你们在托比找到工作之前 |
[24:25] | until, Toby, you’re back on your feet, you let me know. | 需要什么帮你们渡过难关 尽管说 |
[24:29] | We’re good, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[24:35] | Maybe I could go back to work. | 或许我可以回去工作 |
[24:37] | I wanted to eventually anyway. | 我一直也想复工的 |
[24:39] | Yeah, I-I don’t think that’s the best solution. | 对 但我觉得这不是最好的解决办法 |
[24:43] | Why not? I finally got my degree. | 为什么 我终于获得了学位 |
[24:45] | Kate, just realistically speaking, | 凯特 从现实角度讲 |
[24:46] | salary-wise, I would still have to work, | 考虑到收入 我还是得上班赚钱 |
[24:49] | and then we would need childcare, so… | 而且 我们还得找幼托 所以… |
[24:55] | Well, I mean, you could bring the kids over here. | 要不 你们可以把孩子们放我这里 |
[24:59] | You know? We could get another nanny or a teacher. | 对吧 我们可以再请一位保姆或家教 |
[25:01] | – Bring ’em over here. – Yeah. | -把他们送到这来 -对 |
[25:03] | – Could be like our own private little day care. – There you go. | -就像我们的私人幼托班 -没错 |
[25:05] | – Exactly. – They’d be like siblings. | -没错 -他们会像亲兄妹一样 |
[25:07] | Yeah, they’d all be together, you know. | 对 他们会形影不离 |
[25:08] | – I don’t know. – Oh, why not? Come on. | -我不确定 -为什么 拜托 |
[25:10] | Listen, they’ll learn how to share, right? | 这样他们也能学会分享 对吧 |
[25:12] | They’ll learn how to fight, they’ll eat paste together. | 他们也能学会打架 他们会一块吃米糊 |
[25:15] | We could get a special aid for Jack… | 我们可以为杰克请一位特殊教育老师… |
[25:17] | Damn it, Kevin, just stop. Just stop. | 拜托 凯文 住嘴 别说了 |
[25:21] | All right, I don’t need you paying for my kids’ lives. Okay? | 我不需要你替我的孩子付生活费 好吗 |
[25:29] | Toby, man, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful. | 托比 我不是看不起你 |
[25:31] | I’m just saying, you know, I… | 我只想说 我… |
[25:34] | This job that I have, I make a ridiculous amount of money, | 我这份工作赚超多钱 |
[25:36] | it’s stupid money and, you know, if I could help you out | 都是些没用的蠢钱 但如果这些钱 |
[25:40] | with it then-then it wouldn’t be so stupid. | 能帮到你们 就不会那么没用了 |
[25:42] | Do you realize how condescending that sounds? | 你知不知道这话听着有多居高临下 |
[25:44] | To make it seem like I’m doing you a favor | 让我们觉得接受你的施舍 |
[25:47] | taking your handout? | 反而是帮了你的忙 |
[25:49] | Kevin, I have a career, all right. | 凯文 我有一份事业 好吗 |
[25:51] | 20 years’ experience; I can take care of my own family. | 我有20年的经验 我能照顾好自己的家人 |
[25:54] | That’s the whole point. | 这正是重点 |
[25:56] | We’re all family. | 我们都是一家人 |
[25:59] | To me, it’s all our money. | 对我来说 这就是大家的钱 |
[26:00] | No, see-see, you are a family, | 不 你看 你们俩是一家 |
[26:04] | and we are a family. | 我们是一家 |
[26:06] | We-We’re a normal family, all right, | 我们是一个普通家庭 |
[26:09] | with hand-me-down baby gear and not enough money. | 没多少钱 只能用代代相传的婴儿用品 |
[26:12] | And you are a family from some alternate universe, | 而你家来自另一个平行宇宙 |
[26:15] | with platters of sushi and too much money, | 家财万贯 吃着寿司拼盘 |
[26:17] | and some nanny who does all the hard work and magically | 还雇得起万能的保姆 包揽脏活累活 |
[26:21] | brings the babies to Madison when they’re hungry. | 等孩子一饿就送到麦迪逊身边 |
[26:23] | Okay, hold on a second, you can come after me, | 好吧 你等等 你可以针对我 |
[26:24] | but not-not Madison. She’s doing an amazing job. | 但别说麦迪逊 她是个特别优秀的母亲 |
[26:27] | I know she is, I know that. Sorry. | 这我知道 我知道 抱歉 |
[26:37] | That’s Hailey. I’ll be right back. | 是海莉在哭 我马上回来 |
[26:51] | Pretty good. | 很不错 |
[26:54] | Could have used a little bit more Scotch bonnet pepper, | 再多用点苏格兰帽椒就好了 |
[26:57] | but pretty good. | 但挺好吃的 |
[27:01] | Well, I think it’s delicious. | 我觉得很美味 |
[27:06] | Oh, I’m sorry. Can I get that? | 抱歉 我能接吗 |
[27:08] | I think that’s my phone. It might be about Janelle. | 应该是我的电话在响 可能詹妮尔有事 |
[27:10] | – Yeah, of course. Go ahead. – Thank you. | -当然 接吧 -谢谢 |
[27:12] | Oh, so he can go on his phone, but I can’t? | 所以他可以接电话 我就不行 |
[27:14] | No. If you want to have a baby, you can use your phone, too. | 对 如果你也想要孩子 也可以用手机 |
[27:17] | Did you just tell our 13-year-old daughter to have a baby? | 你是让我们13岁的女儿生个宝宝吗 |
[27:20] | Well, I’m expecting a text from Alex, | 我在等亚历克斯的短信 |
[27:22] | so I should be able to look at my phone. | 所以我也需要看手机 |
[27:23] | Honey, I know Alex is your best friend, | 宝贝 我知道亚历克斯是你最好的朋友 |
[27:25] | but you can text her after dinner. | 但你可以晚饭后再给她发短信 |
[27:26] | It’s not that serious. | 没那么着急 |
[27:27] | Oh, my God, how many times do I have to tell you? | 天呐 我要告诉你几次才行 |
[27:30] | Alex is a “They.” | 亚历克斯是”他们” |
[27:32] | And they’re not just my best friend, we’re together. | 而且他们不只是我最好的朋友 我们在一起了 |
[27:36] | Wha-what do you mean, like a couple? | 你什么意思 你们谈恋爱了吗 |
[27:38] | Yeah, Mom, like a couple. | 对 妈 是这个意思 |
[27:42] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道这事 |
[27:44] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[27:48] | Why are you getting so many texts from Jennifer? | 为什么詹妮弗总给你发信息 |
[27:55] | Okay, what’s going on? | 好吧 发生什么事了 |
[27:56] | Why do you two keep looking at each other? | 你们俩为什么一直在互相看对方 |
[27:59] | Okay, look, here’s the deal. | 好吧 事情是这样的 |
[28:01] | Jennifer wants to be back in Janelle’s life. | 詹妮弗想参与詹妮尔的生活 |
[28:06] | may I ask how long you and Alex have-have been together? | 我能问下你和亚历克斯在一起多久了吗 |
[28:10] | – Three weeks. – Three weeks? | -三星期 -三星期了吗 |
[28:12] | – I didn’t know that. – Yeah, you keep saying that. | -我都不知道这事 -嗯 你刚才说过了 |
[28:13] | And you weren’t gonna tell me? | 你都不打算告诉我吗 |
[28:14] | No, no, I was. I was, after dinner. | 不不 我想说来着 晚饭后就说 |
[28:17] | – I knew you’d react like this. – React like what? | -我知道你会是这种反应 -什么反应 |
[28:19] | I’m not reacting like anything. | 我没有任何反应 |
[28:21] | I just don’t understand why you didn’t think you could tell me. | 我只是不理解为什么你觉得不能告诉我 |
[28:23] | – But you already told Randall. – He did, and I told him | -但你已经跟兰德尔说了 -是的 而我跟他讲了 |
[28:25] | – about my experience not knowing my mother. – Oh, did you? | -我没见过生母的经历 -是吗 |
[28:28] | – Is that a part of your mentor program? – Deja. | -这也是你导师计划的一部分吗 -黛佳 |
[28:30] | She always does this. | 她总是这样 |
[28:32] | I told you if she knew about me and Alex, | 我说过 如果她知道了我和亚历克斯的事 |
[28:33] | she’d figure out a way to make it about her. | 肯定会立刻把自己变成受害者 |
[28:35] | What? Wait, she told you? | 什么 等下 她告诉你了吗 |
[28:45] | Hey, sweetie, can you give us a minute? | 宝贝 能让我们单独聊会吗 |
[28:48] | – Can I use your iPad? – You may. | -我能用你的iPad吗 -可以 |
[28:51] | Take all the time you need. | 你们慢慢聊 |
[28:58] | Ah, so my daughter doesn’t think she can talk to me. | 所以我女儿认为她没法对我敞开心扉 |
[29:01] | Well, you can add that to your list. | 你可以把这条加到清单上了 |
[29:03] | What list? | 什么清单 |
[29:05] | The running list you keep in your head | 你脑子里记着的那个清单 |
[29:06] | of all the things I can’t do right. | 上面写着我所有做不好的事 |
[29:08] | I’m not doing that. | 我没记单子 |
[29:09] | Oh, sure you are. | 你绝对记了 |
[29:11] | The curry isn’t spicy enough, | 咖喱不够辣 |
[29:13] | and we use our phones at the table, | 我们在饭桌上看手机 |
[29:15] | and I can’t control my kids. | 而且我还管不好我的孩子们 |
[29:17] | Well, you know what, this is how we are, Mom. | 但你知道吗 这就是我们的生活 妈 |
[29:19] | We are loud, and our house is chaotic, | 我们很吵 家里乱到不行 |
[29:22] | and the only time-the only time | 而唯一 唯一 |
[29:25] | I ever feel self-conscious about it | 会让我对此感到羞愧的时刻 |
[29:26] | is when you are sitting there judging it. | 就是当你坐在那里挑我毛病的时候 |
[29:28] | And, like, we can’t just get back to being us | 我们好像根本无法做真正的自己 |
[29:31] | until you go home and take all the damn judgment with you. | 除非你回家 也带走你那些没完没了的挑剔 |
[29:41] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[29:45] | I’ll pack my things. | 我去收拾行李 |
[29:52] | – Did I just… – Yep. | -我刚刚是不是… -是的 |
[29:58] | $200?! | 两百美元那么贵 |
[30:01] | $230, actually. | 其实是两百三 |
[30:03] | The waitress was good. I had to tip. | 服务员很好 我得给她小费 |
[30:05] | Oh, really, well, maybe I should get a job there | 是吗 也许我也应该在那里找份活 |
[30:08] | so I could help pay off your dinner. | 这样我就能帮忙给你的晚餐买单了 |
[30:09] | Bec, I couldn’t have been the only one | 小贝 我不可能做那个 |
[30:11] | who didn’t put my card in. | 唯一不把信用卡拿出来的人 |
[30:14] | I was-I was so out of place. | 我 我已经很格格不入了 |
[30:17] | I mean, I was sweating in my jacket. | 我当时夹克里全是汗 |
[30:19] | I thought I was gonna puke. | 我觉得我都要吐了 |
[30:21] | But if these guys only see me as a foreman, | 但如果这些家伙只把我当作工头的话 |
[30:25] | then I’m never gonna be anything else to ’em. | 那我对他们来说就永远只是工头了 |
[30:29] | Jack, we really needed that money. | 可是杰克 我们真的很需要那笔钱 |
[30:32] | I know. I am sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[30:35] | But hey, that’s the good thing about a credit card, right? | 不过这就是有信用卡的好处了 对吧 |
[30:37] | I can just pay it down over a couple months. | 我可以分几个月付清那笔钱 |
[30:40] | It’s fine, babe. I got this. | 没事的 宝贝 我能解决好 |
[30:57] | He’s just been going through a lot. | 他最近经历了很多事 |
[31:00] | Losing his job was a real body blow. | 丢掉工作 对他打击很大 |
[31:03] | No, I-I get it. It’s complicated. | 当然 我理解 情况很复杂 |
[31:06] | It’s just, money… it’s the worst. | 尤其涉及到钱… 那是最糟的了 |
[31:11] | I mean, growing up, I never even thought about money. | 从小到大 我从没考虑过钱的事 |
[31:15] | You know, and looking back I realize | 现在回头想想 我才发现 |
[31:18] | we didn’t have a lot of it. | 咱家其实并没有很多钱 |
[31:21] | And three kids. | 而且还养了三个孩子 |
[31:23] | It wasn’t like Dad was a CEO or anything, you know. | 而且爸也并不是什么总裁之类的人物 |
[31:25] | Yet he managed to make sure we had everything. | 但他还是尽力让我们衣食无忧 |
[31:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:35] | Kate, I need you to promise me something. | 凯特 我需要你给我一个承诺 |
[31:38] | – What? – And I know this is just a blip, but… | -什么 -我知道这只是暂时的困境 但… |
[31:43] | Listen, if you’re ever strapped for cash, | 如果你任何时候手头紧缺钱 |
[31:45] | or if my niece or my nephew ever need anything, | 或者我的外甥 外甥女有任何需要 |
[31:49] | you got to promise me you’ll come to me. | 你要向我保证 你一定会来找我帮忙 |
[31:52] | Okay? What’s mine is ours. | 好吗 我的就是我们的 |
[31:54] | – Kev. – Kate. | -小凯 -凯特 |
[31:56] | What’s mine is ours. | 我的就是我们的 |
[32:00] | Promise me. | 向我保证 |
[32:02] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[32:08] | Uh, they’re both in a pretty good spot to transfer to the car, | 他们现在都睡得很沉 很容易放到车上 |
[32:10] | so I think we should seize the opportunity. | 所以我想我们最好抓住这个时机 |
[32:12] | – Okay. I’m gonna go get Jack. – Yep. | -好的 我去抱杰克 -好的 |
[32:16] | Okay. Uh… | 很好 |
[32:21] | I’m sorry about earlier. | 刚才的事很抱歉 |
[32:23] | That, uh… it wasn’t about you. | 我…当时不是因为你 |
[32:26] | It’s– I’m sorry, too. It’s… | 我也很抱歉 那… |
[32:31] | Are we okay? ‘Cause I just got done not talking to one brother. | 我们没事了吧 因为我刚跟另一个兄弟结束冷战 |
[32:34] | I don’t think I can handle not talking to another one. | 我觉得我没法再来一次冷战了 |
[32:36] | Oh, yeah, no, this isn’t, uh, an epic Pearson battle. | 当然 没事了 这又不是皮尔森史诗大战 |
[32:40] | It’s more of an awkward sushi skirmish. | 只不过是尴尬的寿司小冲突 |
[32:44] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[32:45] | So… | 那… |
[32:47] | – Thanks for dinner. – Yeah. | -谢谢款待 -不客气 |
[32:49] | Let’s get them loaded up. | 我去抱孩子们上车 |
[33:04] | You found my spot. | 你找到我的专属位置了 |
[33:07] | You think you’re the only one that comes out here | 你以为你是唯一一个感到心烦时 |
[33:08] | when people are bugging them? | 会跑到这里躲清静的人吗 |
[33:12] | Who do you think brought the candles out here? | 不然你以为是谁拿来的蜡烛 |
[33:15] | So you’re the one responsible for my fire feature. | 原来这个小装饰是你放的 |
[33:20] | I’m really sorry you got upset about my talk with Malik. | 很抱歉我和马利克的谈话让你生气了 |
[33:24] | Of course I’m upset. | 我当然生气了 |
[33:26] | My boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend is coming back into his life. | 我男朋友的前女友要回到他的生活中 |
[33:30] | At one point they liked each other, | 毕竟他们曾经喜欢过对方 |
[33:32] | enough to have a baby together. | 喜欢到足以一起生孩子 |
[33:36] | What if they like each other again? | 万一他们旧情复燃怎么办 |
[33:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[33:45] | You know, you are so mature and grown-up, | 虽然你非常成熟 很有大人样 |
[33:49] | that sometimes I forget that at the end of the day, | 但有的时候我经常会忘记 |
[33:52] | you’re just a 15-year-old girl in love for the first time. | 其实你不过是一个十五岁正在初恋的小女孩 |
[33:55] | Which is why I’m mad at him, not why I’m mad at you. | 这是我生他气的原因 不是生你气的原因 |
[34:04] | Before I came into this family… | 在我进入这个大家庭之前… |
[34:07] | …I never had anyone who was completely in my corner, | 从没有人是完全站在我这一边的 |
[34:12] | but then you came along and… | 但后来你出现了 然后… |
[34:20] | …you’re my day one. | 你是第一个 |
[34:26] | I’m happy you have a thing with Malik, | 我很高兴你和马利克很聊得来 |
[34:29] | but you’re supposed to think of me first. | 但你应该最先考虑的是我 |
[34:35] | Deja, I am your day one. | 黛佳 我仍旧是第一个 |
[34:39] | And I promise you that I will always be Team Deja. | 我也向你保证我永远都是支持黛佳的那个 |
[34:43] | First and always. | 自始至终 |
[34:45] | Hey, look at me. | 看着我 |
[34:50] | First and always. | 自始至终都是 |
[34:59] | You want to go through Jennifer’s Instagram and trash-talk her? | 我们要不要看看詹妮弗的”照片墙”然后骂她 |
[35:01] | What do you think I was just doing? | 不然你以为我刚刚在干什么 |
[35:03] | Come on. | 来看看 |
[35:07] | Girl, by what– duck face with a filter? | 姑娘 什么鬼 嘟嘴自拍加滤镜 |
[35:10] | I don’t think so, Jennifer. | 真不怎么样 詹妮弗 |
[35:13] | You should tag it. Let me see the next one. | 你应该给它加个标签 让我看下一张 |
[35:22] | I shouldn’t have raised my voice. | 我不应该大声吼你 |
[35:25] | It was disrespectful, and I’m sorry. | 那样对你非常不尊重 我很抱歉 |
[35:29] | You really think I’m judging you? | 你真的认为我在挑你毛病吗 |
[35:32] | At every turn, Mom. | 每时每刻 妈 |
[35:36] | Well, you’re right, I am judgmental about some things. | 你说对了 我确实对某些事很挑剔 |
[35:39] | Napkins on laps, hanging jackets up. | 餐巾铺在腿上 外套要挂起来 |
[35:44] | That’s small. | 这些都是小事 |
[35:47] | The big things in your life, the mess, as you call it? | 但你生活中的大事 你所谓的那些混乱 |
[35:53] | I’m envious of that. | 其实我是很羡慕的 |
[35:58] | Do you know what it’s like in my house these days? | 你知道现在我的家里是什么样子吗 |
[36:02] | It’s quiet. So very quiet. | 很安静 实在是太安静了 |
[36:05] | I’ve learned to tell the time not by the clock | 我已经能够不看表 只根据外面车辆的声音 |
[36:08] | but by the sound of traffic. | 来判断是几点钟了 |
[36:12] | The sound of other people going about | 我静静听着其他人 |
[36:14] | their full, loud, busy lives. | 充实 嘈杂 繁忙的生活 |
[36:17] | There are no surprises in my house. | 但我的家里不会有什么突发状况 |
[36:19] | No arguments, no loud men bellowing about his basil. | 也没有争吵 没有人为罗勒大吼大叫 |
[36:26] | That’s why I like being here. | 所以我才喜欢待在这里 |
[36:46] | I just, I just wanted to call and say thank you. | 我只是想打给你 跟你说声谢谢 |
[36:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:52] | Can I ask what for? | 我能问问是谢什么吗 |
[36:55] | You know, Dad didn’t make a lot of money, | 就是 爸并没有赚很多钱 |
[36:58] | and somehow we never even noticed. | 但不知为什么我们从来没有注意过这件事 |
[37:02] | And I think that was because of you. | 所以我想这都是因为你 |
[37:05] | You know, all of the amazing homemade Halloween costumes, | 那些超美的自制万圣节服装 |
[37:09] | the backyard birthday parties | 那些在后院举办的生日派对 |
[37:10] | that were better than Chuck E. Cheese. | 完虐查克芝士餐厅 |
[37:13] | How did you make it work? | 你到底是怎么做到的 |
[37:16] | Well, I did have my tricks. | 我确实有自己的小窍门 |
[37:25] | Is now a good time to talk about money? | 现在可以和你聊聊钱的问题吗 |
[37:27] | Babe, I’m exhausted. I… | 宝贝 我现在很累 我… |
[37:29] | Okay. Great. | 好的 非常好 |
[37:32] | I am gonna take over the finances. | 我打算负责管理家里的财务 |
[37:35] | I know how much we spend, I know how much we need to save. | 我知道我们的生活花销 也知道需要存储的金额 |
[37:38] | And at the beginning of every month, | 所以每个月的月初 |
[37:40] | I’m gonna take ten percent of your paycheck | 我会将你工资的百分之十抽出来 |
[37:42] | and put it in savings. | 作为存款存起来 |
[37:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:49] | Okay. | 很好 |
[37:52] | Well, you pulled it off so effortlessly. | 但你做起来真是毫不费力 |
[37:55] | Even after Dad died. | 即使是在爸爸死后 |
[37:57] | I don’t think I could handle that kind of curveball. | 我觉得我可应付不来这么棘手的情况 |
[38:02] | It was a different time back then. | 那个时候的情况和现在不同 |
[38:04] | And, you know, | 再说了 |
[38:05] | you were thrown quite a curveball | 当杰克出生的时候 |
[38:07] | when Jack was born, and you really rose to the occasion. | 情况也很棘手 但你真的做得很好 |
[38:11] | And then you-you doubled down | 现在家里的孩子又多了一个 |
[38:13] | and brought Hailey into your family. | 你把海莉接回了家 |
[38:15] | So if you ever feel like you can’t handle something, | 所以你要是觉得自己搞不定一件事 |
[38:19] | maybe just think about what you’ve already done. | 也许可以想想你已经做到了多少事 |
[38:37] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[38:39] | I just wanted to tell you that… | 我只是想告诉你… |
[38:42] | you’re the greatest father and provider in the world, | 你是世界上最好的爸爸和养家糊口的男人 |
[38:46] | and no matter what happens, | 不管将来发生什么事 |
[38:49] | I will always one million percent be on your side. | 我一定会百分之一百万地支持你 |
[38:53] | That’s not statistically possible, but thank you. | 虽然从统计学上说不太可能 不过还是谢谢你 |
[39:00] | There’s a job at Jack’s school. | 杰克的学校有一份工作在招人 |
[39:02] | – A teaching assistant position. – Kate, I don’t, I don’t think… | -是助教的职位 -凯特 我不觉得… |
[39:05] | I already talked to Dr. Salzman. | 我已经和萨尔兹曼博士聊过了 |
[39:08] | She said that I would be great for it and she offered it to me. | 她说我应该能胜任这份工作 主动请了我 |
[39:13] | I’m gonna take it. | 我打算接受 |
[39:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:22] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们一定会好起来的 |
[39:25] | – Okay. – Okay. | -是的 -是的 |
[39:35] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:37] | Eh, it’s just a cooler. | 一个冷藏器 |
[39:38] | For your porch. | 正好放在你的门廊 |
[39:40] | – My porch? – Mm-hmm. | -我的门廊 -当然 |
[39:41] | What’s going on here? | 这是什么情况 |
[39:43] | All your favorite IPA’s in there. | 里面是你最喜欢的印度淡啤酒 |
[39:47] | Talk to me, woman. | 跟我直说吧 女人 |
[39:50] | My mom is staying. | 我妈要留在这里 |
[39:52] | Indefinitely. | 不限期长住 |
[39:56] | Your entire family treats our house like a Ramada Inn. | 你们家所有人都把咱家当成华美达酒店 |
[40:00] | It’s my turn. | 现在也轮到我了 |
[40:07] | – Enjoy those IPAs, babe. – Yeah. | -好好享用啤酒 宝贝 -好 |
[40:09] | It’s all you. | 都是你的 |
[40:14] | Ah, see? I told you no one was gonna eat the octopus, | 看到了吗 我就说没人会吃章鱼的 |
[40:17] | because the suction cups freak people out. | 因为那些吸盘看起来真的很可怕 |
[40:22] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[40:24] | Yeah, no, I’m-I’m okay, I j– I just, | 当然 我很好 我 我只是 |
[40:27] | I can’t stop thinking about what Toby said. | 我一直在想托比之前说的话 |
[40:29] | You know, “His family,” “My family.” | 他说的”他家”和”我家” |
[40:32] | Yeah, he was just upset. | 他说的是气话 |
[40:34] | I know, but he wasn’t wrong. | 我知道 但他没说错 |
[40:45] | It’s crazy, you know, when you’re young, | 太奇怪了 因为我小的时候 |
[40:46] | you-you just picture living in a house | 就会想象一家人生活在一个房子里 |
[40:50] | with your mom and your dad | 里面有妈妈和爸爸 |
[40:51] | and your brother and your sister kind of forever. | 还有兄弟姐妹 一家人永远在一起 |
[40:53] | You know? Those are… | 你懂吗 那些人都是… |
[40:55] | It’s your family. | 都是你的家人 |
[40:57] | Those are the people that you spend so many years | 那些人和你在一个屋檐下共度了那么多年 |
[40:58] | sharing walls with, and then you wake up and you’re 40… | 某天你突然醒过来 到了四十岁… |
[41:04] | …and my mom is sick | 结果我妈病了 |
[41:06] | and, uh, I’m still barely talking to Randall. | 我跟兰德尔的联系也寥寥无几 |
[41:10] | And Toby and Kate are… | 托比和凯特也… |
[41:17] | We’re not all gonna live in a compound together, | 我们不太可能一起住在大院里了 |
[41:19] | – are we? – Probably not. | -对吧 -也许不会了 |
[41:22] | Probably not. | 也许不会了 |
[41:28] | Well, that’s okay. | 不过没关系 |
[41:31] | That is okay. | 没有关系 |
[41:33] | It’s okay because I’m very excited | 没有关系是因为我非常期待 |
[41:37] | to spend the next bunch of years sharing walls with this family. | 在接下来的岁月里和这个家一起度过 |
[41:41] | My family. | 我的家人 |
[41:44] | I’m very okay with it just being us. | 我很愿意过只有我们的日子 |
[41:47] | At least for a while. | 至少短期内是这样 |
[41:49] | – Me, too. – Yeah? | -我也是 -真的吗 |
[41:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:08] | Let me get this straight. | 让我先搞清楚 |
[42:10] | You only named one baby after your favorite uncle? | 你只给一个宝宝起了你最爱叔叔的名字吗 |