时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on This Is Us… | |
[00:01] | It was originally for someone else. | 本来是给别人买的 |
[00:04] | The trailer. | 那辆房车 |
[00:05] | Sally. | 是给萨莉买的 |
[00:07] | We, uh, started dating before I got drafted. | 我们是在我入伍前在一起的 |
[00:11] | Make me proud, son. | 让我为你骄傲吧 儿子 |
[00:13] | I hated the war. | 我痛恨战争 |
[00:15] | I hated myself. | 也恨透了自己 |
[00:17] | And your father tried to clean me up. | 你们父亲想帮我戒毒 |
[00:21] | He should never have come for me. | 他不该来找我的 |
[00:24] | This handsome young man right here, | 这里这位帅气的年轻人… |
[00:26] | this is Nick. | 就是尼克 |
[00:29] | How about that. | 真有你的 |
[00:32] | Let me get this straight. | 让我先搞清楚 |
[00:35] | You only named one baby after your favorite uncle? | 你只给一个宝宝起了你最爱叔叔的名字吗 |
[00:42] | Uncle Nicky, what are you… what are you doing here? | 尼奇叔叔 你 你怎么来了 |
[00:45] | Well, I came to see my namesake. | 我来看我的同名小子 |
[00:48] | And-and the girl. | 还有那个女孩 |
[00:51] | Yeah, of cour… Yes, come in. Come on in. | 当然 请进 请进 |
[00:53] | – Yeah? – Yeah, come in. | -可以吗 -当然 请进 |
[00:55] | Well… I mean, I got the invitation | 是这样 我收到了邀请 |
[00:57] | to the kids’ baptism, so, you know, I booked a flight. | 叫我参加孩子们的洗礼会 所以就订了机票 |
[01:02] | Yeah. No, I-I guess you didn’t see the Zoom link, then, | 好的 看来你没有注意到Zoom链接 |
[01:05] | on the back of the… | 就在后面… |
[01:06] | – The what, now? – Oh, nothing, nothing. It’s, uh… | -你说什么 -没什么 没事 |
[01:09] | We’re glad you’re here. This is great. | 我们很高兴你能来 真好 |
[01:10] | So I think this is the first time you’re meeting Madison, right? | 这大概是你第一次见到麦迪逊吧 |
[01:13] | Wow. So tiny. | 你好瘦啊 |
[01:15] | You had twins– that must have done a real number on you. | 怀了双胞胎 肯定掉了不少肉 |
[01:19] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[01:21] | So, listen, I know everybody’s freaking out | 是这样 我知道大家都很在意 |
[01:22] | about the virus thing. | 病毒什么的 |
[01:24] | I get it. But you don’t have to worry. | 我能理解 但是你们不需要担心 |
[01:27] | I have been vaccinated– | 我已经接种了疫苗 |
[01:29] | twice– and I-I… | 两针都打了 |
[01:31] | I get tested up the nose twice a week | 而且我每周会做两次鼻拭子检测 |
[01:34] | at the VA for my meetings, and I didn’t eat on the plane, | 因为要参加互助会 我也没在飞机上吃东西 |
[01:37] | I didn’t pee on the plane, | 也没在飞机上去厕所 |
[01:38] | – I didn’t touch a damn thing on the plane. – Okay, understood. | -没碰飞机上任何东西 -好的 明白 |
[01:42] | Uncle Nicky, I cannot believe that you flew across the country | 尼奇叔叔 没想到你居然千里迢迢 |
[01:45] | to meet our kids. It’s… | 飞来见我们的孩子们… |
[01:49] | It’s incredible. | 真好 |
[01:53] | 请访问 YYSubs.com | |
[01:54] | It was nothing. | 这不算什么 |
[02:02] | 洗礼会 尼古拉斯·皮尔森和弗朗西丝·皮尔森 | |
[02:24] | Hey, kid, can you talk? | 孩子 方便说话吗 |
[02:26] | Sure. I’m just cleaning Matty’s disgusting shoes | 可以啊 我在清理马蒂脏兮兮的鞋子 |
[02:29] | for his soccer game. | 他要参加足球比赛 |
[02:30] | Apparently, it’s not a good look | 毕竟 如果上场的时候 |
[02:31] | when your kid comes to the field caked in mud. | 鞋上全是泥泞 场面不太好看 |
[02:33] | Listen, I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:35] | Can you explain to me now, in detail, | 你能不能仔细地给我讲一下 |
[02:38] | how to use, uh, amazon.Com. | 怎么使用亚马逊网站 |
[02:43] | And speak really slowly. | 而且你得慢点说 |
[03:13] | – How are you with shots? – I was a medic in Vietnam, | -你能接受注射吗 -我在越南当过医护兵 |
[03:15] | so cut the chitchat and jab me, Doc. | 不必多说直接扎吧 医生 |
[03:22] | Okay, so I’m good? I’m safe? | 可以了吗 我安全了 |
[03:24] | Not for a while. And you have to come back in three weeks | 还得一段时间 三周后你还得再来一趟 |
[03:26] | – for a second dose. – There’s a second one? | -打第二针 -还有第二针 |
[03:29] | Yep. | 是的 |
[03:40] | It’ll be two weeks before you’re fully protected, | 疫苗完全生效还需要两周 |
[03:42] | so if you’re gonna see anyone, you need to continue testing. | 所以如果你想见谁 还需要继续接受检测 |
[03:45] | Got it. | 好的 |
[03:48] | I’m going to California. | 我要去加利佛尼亚州 |
[03:50] | My nephew named his kid after me. | 我的侄子给孩子起名用了我的名字 |
[03:52] | That’s nice. | 这么好 |
[04:01] | Hey, that’s a good view of Mr. Collins down there. | 我们可以清楚地看到柯林斯先生 |
[04:04] | We can finally see him again. | 终于能够再次看到他了 |
[04:09] | What is it? Looks like a spider. | 这是什么 看起来像蜘蛛 |
[04:12] | No, Pop, I-it’s the lunar module. | 不 爸 这是登月舱 |
[04:15] | The LM. It’s the spacecraft | LM 就是巴兹和阿姆斯特朗 |
[04:16] | that Buzz and Armstrong are in right now. | 目前正乘坐着的太空飞船 |
[04:18] | See, it-it’s two parts | 总共有两部分 |
[04:20] | that separate– the top is the “Ascent stage,” | 可以分开 上面是上升舱 |
[04:22] | where the astronauts are, | 宇航员在的位置 |
[04:23] | and the “Descent stage” has the rocket power in it. See? | 还有下降舱 火箭动力在里面 看到了吗 |
[04:27] | I even used pieces from my old World War II bomber | 我还用了以前二战轰炸模拟机的旧零件 |
[04:30] | model planes to build it. | 来组装它 |
[04:31] | Here, let me see it. | 我看看 |
[04:35] | I like the ladder. | 梯子不错 |
[04:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:38] | It’s nice. | 挺好的 |
[04:40] | I didn’t miss it, did I? | 我没错过吧 |
[04:42] | Jack, no, the LM hasn’t even landed yet, | 没 杰克 LM还没有降落 |
[04:43] | so the astronauts won’t walk for hours. | 宇航员几个小时内都出不来 |
[04:46] | Hey, Pop. | 老爸好 |
[04:47] | “Hey” back. | 你也好 |
[04:49] | What, are you hoarding your beers now? | 怎么 你正在偷拿啤酒吗 |
[04:51] | Jacky! Oh, so glad you came. | 杰克 你能来真好 |
[04:53] | Hi, Mom. You look great. | 妈妈 你气色不错 |
[04:59] | Nicky, the meatballs on the right don’t have olives, okay? | 尼奇 右边的肉丸没放橄榄 知道了吗 |
[05:02] | Thanks, Mom. | 多谢 妈妈 |
[05:04] | Unbelievable. You got to make two of everything for this kid? | 不可思议 为这孩子 你所有东西都做两种吗 |
[05:07] | I’d make four of everything if he wanted. | 如果他想要 我可以做四种 |
[05:11] | Jack, have a seat | 杰克 坐吧 |
[05:11] | next to your little sister– it’s starting. | 坐你小妹旁边 要开始了 |
[05:17] | Okay, engine stopped. | 好的 发动机已停 |
[05:18] | ACA out of detent. | 姿态控制器制动脱离 |
[05:21] | Mode control both autos, | 模式控制 双自动 |
[05:22] | descent engine command override off. | 下降发动机指令超控关闭 |
[05:24] | – Engine arm off. – We’re home. | -发动机关闭 -我们到家了 |
[05:26] | 413 is in. | 已显示413 |
[05:28] | Man on the Moon! | 人类登上了月球 |
[05:30] | We copy you down, Eagle. | 我们这里收到了 鹰号 |
[05:33] | Houston… | 休斯顿 |
[05:36] | Tranquility Base here. | 这里是静海基地 |
[05:38] | The Eagle has landed. | 鹰号已着陆 |
[05:39] | Roger, Tranquility. | 收到 静海 |
[05:41] | We copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys | 地面收到你的信息 一群人都憋着气 |
[05:43] | about to turn blue. We’re breathing again. | 脸都发青了 我们现在松了一口气 |
[05:45] | Thanks a lot. | 万分感谢 |
[05:49] | – Oh, boy! – Thank you. | -天呐 -谢谢 |
[05:56] | – Want one? -No. | -想来一罐吗 -不用 |
[05:57] | No, I got to go home soon. | 不了 我得快点回家了 |
[06:01] | Have you… you thought about moving out | 你想过什么时候 |
[06:02] | of Mom and Dad’s house at any point? | 从爸妈家搬出去吗 |
[06:05] | No. | 没 |
[06:07] | Unlike you, I-I like having hot water. | 不像你 我喜欢跟他们过 |
[06:09] | Yeah, but, Nick, come on, you don’t want to be Dad’s lapdog, | 不过 尼克 拜托 你不想当爸爸的宠物狗 |
[06:12] | fetching him beers the rest of his life, huh? | 在他余生只能帮他拿啤酒 对吧 |
[06:15] | I mean, you got to leave the nest at some point. | 我是说 你早晚得离开这个窝 |
[06:17] | Yeah, well, I may be forcibly removed from the nest | 嗯 如果今年我被征兵去越南 |
[06:19] | if I get drafted to Vietnam this year. | 就会被迫离开这个窝了 |
[06:21] | You’re not getting drafted. | 你不会被抽中的 |
[06:22] | – I could. – You’re not getting drafted. | -有可能 -你不会被抽中的 |
[06:24] | And also, it’s really not that bad | 还有 住在爸妈家 |
[06:27] | living at Mom and Dad’s right now. | 现在感觉也没那么糟糕 |
[06:29] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[06:30] | he’s a lot better with her when I’m around. | 我在的时候 他对她好很多 |
[06:34] | You wouldn’t know, trust me. | 我说真的 相信我 |
[06:38] | Could you at least just… Do me a favor. | 那你至少能 帮我个忙吗 |
[06:41] | Get yourself a girlfriend or something. | 给自己找个女朋友什么的 |
[06:44] | Yeah, sure, you got Raquel Welch’s number? | 可以 你有拉蔻儿·薇芝的号码吗 |
[06:46] | Oh, come on, there’s got to be a nice girl | 拜托 肯定会有个好女孩 |
[06:48] | works the vet clinic with you, right? | 跟你在兽医诊所一起工作 对吗 |
[06:54] | Oh, there is. | 真的有 |
[06:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:57] | Yeah. | 有 |
[06:59] | Sally. | 萨莉 |
[07:01] | Sally. Nick… | 萨莉 尼克… |
[07:04] | there is a guy… | 有个人… |
[07:06] | walking on the Moon, right now. | 现在正在月球上行走 |
[07:09] | Ask Sally out on a date. Get the hell out of the house. | 去跟萨莉去约会 从这搬出去 |
[07:11] | Come on, if he can do it, you can do it. Okay? | 拜托 如果他做得到 你就做得到 好吗 |
[07:24] | Wait. | 等等 |
[07:25] | Aren’t you supposed to fold the corners | 你不是应该把角折成 |
[07:27] | – into little triangles? – Would you like to take over? | -小三角形吗 -要换你来弄吗 |
[07:29] | I’m just saying, I think you could be a little neater. | 我就是说说 我觉得你的手更巧 |
[07:31] | You know? It took me weeks to build this gift, | 你知道吗 我花了几周才做好这件礼物 |
[07:33] | and I suck at wrapping, not that… | 但我实在不会包装 倒不是说… |
[07:36] | babies are gonna know the difference, but, you know, | 婴儿能看出差别 不过 |
[07:38] | – still. – I’m very curious about these mystery gifts. | -还是精致点 -我对这些神秘的礼物太好奇了 |
[07:41] | I’ll mail you a photo. | 我会给你发照片 |
[07:43] | I was an intelligence officer. | 我以前可是情报人员 |
[07:44] | I could get this out of you if I wanted to. | 如果我想 就能从你嘴里撬出来 |
[07:46] | Yeah, good luck with that. | 那祝你好远 |
[07:48] | – All right. – All right. | -好了 -好的 |
[07:50] | Is this up to your standards? | 这达到你的标准了吗 |
[07:56] | Yeah. | 达到了 |
[07:58] | I am proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[08:00] | You know? Getting out of your routine | 你知道吗 突破你的日常 |
[08:02] | and getting out of this trailer, it’s a… | 走出这个拖车 |
[08:03] | – it’s all a big deal. – Thank you. | -都很了不起 -谢谢 |
[08:08] | No, kid, really, thank you. | 我说真的 孩子 谢谢你 |
[08:13] | I haven’t been able to count on many people | 自从我从战场回来 |
[08:14] | since I got back from the war. | 并没有很多人能让我依靠 |
[08:35] | – Hello? – Don’t hang up, Pearson. | -你好 -别挂 皮尔森 |
[08:36] | It’s Townie. | 我是公子哥 |
[08:40] | Vietnam? | 越南那个 |
[08:41] | – Alpha Company Third Squad? – Yeah, yeah. | -A连3班的上士 -是的 |
[08:43] | No, I know who you are. What the hell do you want? | 我知道你是谁 你想干什么 |
[08:46] | I’m doing okay. Thanks for asking. | 我挺好的 谢谢关心 |
[08:49] | God, you try to do a guy a favor. | 天 你得帮个忙 |
[08:52] | I’m calling because some of the guys from the area | 我打给你是因为这片的几个兄弟 |
[08:54] | are getting together to have a few drinks | 要一起喝一杯 |
[08:56] | and celebrate Lieutenant Sheehan’s engagement. | 庆祝希恩中尉订婚 |
[08:59] | I drove all the way from Chicago. | 我一路从芝加哥地开过来的 |
[09:03] | I know you don’t go to these things, but… | 我知道你不喜欢应酬 但是… |
[09:06] | it’s in your neck of the woods. | 这次在你老家 |
[09:08] | Erie. | 伊利 |
[09:11] | I heard Jack’ll be there. | 我听说杰克也会去 |
[09:19] | I haven’t seen Jack in years. | 我和杰克好多年没见过了 |
[09:21] | At least write down the address. | 至少把地址记一下 |
[09:26] | Fine. Just go slow, ’cause I-I got a splitting headache right now. | 好的 慢点说 我现在头痛欲裂 |
[09:31] | 777 Lake Pleasant Road, Erie, PA. | 宾夕法尼亚州伊利市宜人湖路777号 |
[09:53] | 宾夕法尼亚州伊利市宜人湖路777号 | |
[10:04] | Ready, old man? | 准备好了没 老头子 |
[10:06] | Ready as I’ll ever be. | 随时都行 |
[10:09] | Okay. | 走吧 |
[10:16] | Pumpkin, you are a landlord | 小南瓜 跳蚤都在你身上 |
[10:19] | to an entire colony of fleas. | 安营扎寨了 |
[10:22] | You need a bath. | 你该洗澡了 |
[10:24] | Okay? You have to work with me here. | 好吗 你现在得配合我 |
[10:27] | Bath time. | 该洗澡了 |
[10:29] | You got to work with me, baby. | 你得配合我 宝贝 |
[10:31] | Bath time for Pumpkin! No? | 小南瓜要去洗澡了 不好吗 |
[10:34] | – Okay. Okay, Pumpkin. – Do you need some help? | -好的 好的 小南瓜 -需要帮忙吗 |
[10:37] | Sally. Hi. | 萨莉 你好 |
[10:39] | Yeah, Pumpkin needs a bath, | 是的 小南瓜得洗澡了 |
[10:40] | but I don’t think we can lift her, | 但我们恐怕抱不动她 |
[10:42] | even if we both tried. | 我们俩一起也悬 |
[10:45] | – She’s very stubborn. – Yeah. | -她非常固执 -是啊 |
[10:48] | She’s a willful lady, all right. | 她是位任性的小姐 对吧 |
[10:50] | You can’t force a willful lady to do anything. | 你不能强迫一个任性的小姐做任何事 |
[10:54] | There’s only one thing to do. | 只有一个办法了 |
[11:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:08] | The water’s so warm and refreshing. | 水热腾腾的 特别解乏 |
[11:12] | This feels great. | 舒服极了 |
[11:13] | Come on, Pumpkin! Come on. Come on. | 快过来 小南瓜 快来 快来 |
[11:16] | Good girl. | 好狗狗 |
[11:20] | Come on. Come here, baby. Come here. | 来吧 过来宝贝 过来这边 |
[11:22] | – Good girl. – You’re so good. | -真乖 -你真棒 |
[11:24] | Cover up your eyes, ’cause I’m gonna put it on your head. | 遮住眼睛 我要给你洗头了 |
[11:27] | Good girl. Where’d your…? | 好狗狗 你的… |
[11:31] | There is slobber all over. | 口水甩得到处都是 |
[11:40] | Water’s so healing, no? | 水真舒服 对吧 |
[11:42] | Yeah, yeah, totally. So healing. | 对 确实 太舒服了 |
[11:46] | Did you see the men on the Moon last night? | 你昨晚看登月了吗 |
[11:47] | I thought it was poetic, and it was sort of surreal. | 我感觉超有意境 太不可思议了 |
[11:51] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 没错 |
[11:53] | And if you thought that was exciting, | 如果你觉得这激动人心 |
[11:55] | in two days, | 在接下来的两天 |
[11:55] | the module’s gonna come zooming back to Earth with the astronauts | 登月舱会载着宇航员返回地球 |
[11:58] | and it going 25,000 miles per hour, | 并以每小时25,000英里的速度前进 |
[12:00] | and everybody’s hoping that it doesn’t, um, | 每个人都希望它不会… |
[12:03] | disintegrate or bounce back into space. | 解体或者弹回太空 |
[12:06] | – That’s so intense. – Yeah. | -听着真令人紧张 -是啊 |
[12:10] | I’m driving up to Mount Washington tonight | 我今晚会开车 |
[12:13] | to go look at the Moon. | 去华盛顿山赏月 |
[12:16] | Do you ever do that kind of a thing? | 你去过吗 |
[12:20] | I’m a Cancer, so, uh, | 我是巨蟹座 所以… |
[12:22] | I’ve always felt very close to the Moon. | 我总感觉和月亮很亲近 |
[12:26] | Far out. | 厉害了 |
[12:32] | Yeah, uh… | 我是说… |
[12:35] | Well, I… You should have a great night, but I-I… | 我…祝你看得开心 但我… |
[12:37] | My brother’s probably waiting for me, so… | 我哥哥在等我 所以… |
[12:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:41] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[12:48] | Hi. Uh, Sally, I’m Jack. | 你好 萨莉 我是杰克 |
[12:50] | I’m Nicky’s brother. | 我是尼奇的哥哥 |
[12:52] | Jack. You have a very proud, determined energy. | 杰克 自信阳光 勇敢果断 |
[12:56] | Cancer? | 你是巨蟹座[得癌症了]吗 |
[12:58] | no. I’m… fine. | 没有 我…挺好的 |
[13:00] | Listen, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, | 是这样的 我不是故意偷听 |
[13:02] | but I overheard you say that you’re gonna be, um, | 我不小心听到你说 |
[13:04] | – checking out the Moon tonight. – Jack? | -你今晚要去赏月 -杰克 |
[13:07] | Um, there is no better person to do that with than my brother Nick. | 没有比我弟弟尼克更好的陪同人选了 |
[13:09] | I mean, this guy– he knows… | 我是说 这个人 他知道… |
[13:11] | Jack… | 杰克… |
[13:12] | I’m perfectly capable of asking your brother out all on my own. | 我完全有能力自己约你弟弟出去 |
[13:16] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[13:18] | Nicky… | 尼奇… |
[13:20] | …how would you like to come meet Pearl | 你今晚想见见珍珠 |
[13:21] | and gaze at the Moon with us tonight? | 然后和我们一起赏月吗 |
[13:25] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[13:26] | Yeah, I… I would love that. | 好的 我… 我很乐意 |
[13:29] | Groovy. | 太棒了 |
[13:34] | Here’s my address. | 这是我的地址 |
[13:37] | Okay, um… | 好的 |
[13:41] | Yeah, bye. | 好 再见 |
[13:42] | – Thank you. – I’ll see ya. | -谢了 -一会儿见 |
[13:46] | – Who’s Pearl? – Who cares? | -珍珠是谁 -管她呢 |
[13:51] | Just remember, you got to take your shoes off at security now. | 温馨提示 现在过安检的时候得脱鞋 |
[13:54] | What an idiotic country. | 这国家真是太蠢了 |
[13:55] | You sure you don’t want to call Kevin? | 你确定不给凯文打电话吗 |
[13:56] | He’s got two newborns. | 他家刚生了两个小孩 |
[13:58] | I mean, a heads-up might be nice. | 我觉得提前告诉下可能好点 |
[14:00] | – Yeah. – Someone should know | -嗯 -应该告诉谁 |
[14:01] | – you’re traveling across the country. – You know. | -你要飞跃全国了 -告诉你了 |
[14:04] | Someone in your family should know. | 应该告诉你的家人 |
[14:05] | Cassidy, come on. Give me a break. | 卡西迪 求你了 让我喘口气 |
[14:07] | I haven’t been on an airplane | 自打我被直升机从越南救出来后 |
[14:09] | since I got medevaced out of Vietnam. | 就再也没坐过飞机了 |
[14:14] | You know, in case I don’t make it, | 万一我没去成 |
[14:14] | I don’t want to disappoint him. Can’t do that to him. | 我不想让他失望 不能让他希望落空 |
[14:18] | Just remember to breathe, okay? | 记得深呼吸 好吗 |
[14:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:48] | Sir? | 先生 |
[14:51] | Arms up, please. | 请举起双手 |
[14:58] | sir, is-is this your box? | 先生 这你是你的盒子吗 |
[15:01] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[15:02] | Wait! Okay, it’s very, very fragile, | 等等 这是易碎品 |
[15:04] | – so please be careful. – I’m sorry. | -所以请小心点 -抱歉 |
[15:06] | -I’m gonna have to unwrap it. -What?! No! | -我得把它拆开 -什么 不要 |
[15:08] | Come on, don’t… | 拜托了 不要… |
[15:11] | come on. | 别啊 |
[15:20] | I’m sorry, sir, but you can’t take these on the flight. | 抱歉 先生 你不能把这些带上飞机 |
[15:22] | No more than 3.4 ounces of liquid. | 液体不能超过100毫升 |
[15:25] | If you give us an address, we can mail them. | 如果您提供地址 我们可以为您邮寄 |
[15:26] | I can’t go there emptyhanded. | 我不能空手过去 |
[15:29] | Look, what if I just dump the liquid, okay? | 这样 要不我把水倒掉 可以吗 |
[15:31] | Yeah, look, I’m gonna do that, it’ll take two seconds. | 你看 我把水倒掉 马上就好 |
[15:34] | Sir, what are you doing? | 先生 你要做什么 |
[15:37] | Oh, God! | 老天爷 |
[15:38] | Oh, no, no! | 不不不 |
[16:03] | Okay. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:09] | – Hi. Sally? Hi. – You found us! | -萨莉 -你找到了我们 |
[16:13] | Sorry if I freaked you out with the honking. | 很抱歉按喇叭吓到你了 |
[16:15] | It’s just Pearl’s got to make her presence known. | 珍珠得让大家知道她的存在 |
[16:18] | Pearl’s your van? | 珍珠是你的车 |
[16:21] | Do you want to get inside her? | 你想进去吗 |
[16:22] | – Come on! – What? | -来吧 -什么 |
[16:25] | Come on, come on, come on! | 来吧 来吧 来吧 |
[16:28] | Oh, boy. | 我的天 |
[16:29] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[16:33] | Make yourself at home, man. | 别拘束 老兄 |
[16:42] | These are great. | 这些照片真是太棒了 |
[16:43] | these are my photographs. | 这些是我的照片 |
[16:46] | Pearl and I have been all over together. | 我和珍珠一直在一起 |
[16:49] | Yeah, we started in Kansas and got to Pittsburgh | 我们从堪萨斯州出发 到了匹兹堡 |
[16:53] | and have gone pretty much everywhere in between. | 基本到过这之间的每个地方 |
[17:00] | It’s like I can see a little bit of you in each one. | 感觉每张照片 我都可以让我了解你一点 |
[17:05] | It’s like I can… | 就像是 我可以… |
[17:07] | see how you see the world. | 感受到你是如何感受这个世界的 |
[17:16] | well, that… that’s it. | 就是这样 |
[17:17] | You… pretty much nailed it. | 你… 你看得很透 |
[17:29] | Look at that beauty. | 看看这位美人儿 |
[17:34] | All right, Nicholas Pearson, | 好了 尼克拉斯·皮尔森 |
[17:37] | tell me your best Moon fact. | 给我讲讲你最厉害的月亮事实 |
[17:41] | I know a million facts. | 我知道一百万条事实 |
[17:42] | Do you want to know about its gravitational pull? | 你想知道它的引力吗 |
[17:45] | Tell me why you love her. | 告诉我你为什么喜欢她 |
[17:49] | Why I love the Moon? | 我为什么喜欢月亮吗 |
[17:53] | Well, I love the Moon because… | 我喜欢月亮是因为… |
[17:57] | it’s… Earth’s personal satellite. | 它是… 地球唯一的卫星 |
[18:04] | It’s like the nightlight we can all count on. | 就像是我们可以依靠的夜灯 |
[18:09] | It’s always there… | 它总是在那里 |
[18:13] | …but different every night. | 但每晚又不尽相同 |
[18:16] | And no matter where you are in the world, | 不管你在世界的哪一个角落 |
[18:19] | we’re all looking up at that same Moon. | 我们都看到的是同一轮明月 |
[18:27] | I really want to kiss you now. | 我现在真的很想吻你 |
[19:13] | I think I’m falling in love with you. | 我觉得我爱上你了 |
[19:18] | You think or you know? | 你觉得还是你确定 |
[19:20] | I know. | 我确定 |
[19:33] | Mrs. Pearson, I consider myself to be a Salisbury steak devotee, | 皮尔森夫人 我自诩为牛肉饼的忠实爱好者 |
[19:36] | but this may… this may be… | 但这个牛肉饼… |
[19:38] | Yeah, I mean, that’s the bite that did it. | 真的 刚才这一口让我认定了 |
[19:41] | This is the best Salisbury steak I’ve ever had. | 这就是我吃过最棒的牛肉饼 |
[19:43] | Thank you, Sally. Thank you. | 谢谢你 萨莉 谢谢 |
[19:45] | It was good, Mom. | 非常美味 妈妈 |
[19:50] | I mean, that went better than I could have ever imagined. | 今晚比我想象得顺利多了 |
[19:53] | – Yeah. – It’s like she hypnotized him. | -是啊 -她像是把他催眠了一样 |
[19:55] | – I’m pinching myself, man. – Yeah. | -我要掐一下自己 老兄 -是啊 |
[19:58] | Girl lights a fire in you. | 那女孩很能点燃热情 |
[20:00] | I’m happy for you, little brother. | 我真替你高兴 弟弟 |
[20:02] | Honestly, I have no idea how it happened, | 说实话 我都不知道是怎么成的 |
[20:03] | but I know it’s all thanks to you. | 但我知道这一切都归功于你 |
[20:05] | No, come on. | 才不是 好吧 |
[20:06] | It is. | 就是你的功劳 |
[20:08] | You two must be up to no good. | 你们俩一定是在商量什么坏事 |
[20:11] | Can I take a picture of the famous Pittsburgh Pearson brothers? | 我能给著名的匹兹堡皮尔森兄弟照张相吗 |
[20:15] | – Yeah. – Famous. | -可以呀 -著名兄弟 |
[20:18] | – Sure. Yeah. – Sure. | -当然可以 -没问题 |
[20:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:26] | Something… | 拿点东西吧… |
[20:30] | Here. | 给你 |
[20:32] | 50 years from now, you guys will look back at this photo, | 50年后 你们俩回看这张照片时 |
[20:35] | and you will remember the taste of your mom’s Salisbury Steak, | 就会想起妈妈牛肉饼的味道 |
[20:38] | and you’ll be taken back to this exact moment, | 你们就会回到现在这一刻 |
[20:41] | This… | 就是… |
[20:43] | exact… feeling. | 这种… 感觉… |
[20:57] | Hey, Jack, um… | 杰克… |
[20:59] | I’m better now. | 我现在好多了 |
[21:02] | I’m not the monster that you think I am. | 我不是你想象中那个怪物了 |
[21:17] | Yeah. | 就这样 |
[21:38] | I, uh, noticed that you don’t have headphones. | 我发现你没戴耳机 |
[21:42] | Remember when people used to talk on planes? | 你还记得以前人们会在飞机上聊天吗 |
[21:50] | This is your first time flying since COIVD? | 这是疫情爆发后你第一次坐飞机吗 |
[21:54] | Uh, no, uh… since 1971. | 不 是1971年来第一次 |
[22:05] | I just can’t believe the Moon’s a destination now. | 我不敢相信现在月球成了一个目的地 |
[22:09] | Like Chicago or Toledo. | 就像芝加哥或是托莱多那样 |
[22:14] | Okay, I have something mind-blowing to show you, | 我要给你看个超棒的东西 |
[22:16] | but you have to close your eyes. | 不过你得闭上眼睛 |
[22:18] | – Close my eyes? – Close. | -闭上眼睛吗 -闭上 |
[22:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:23] | Open them. | 睁开眼睛吧 |
[22:29] | “Woodstock.” | 伍德斯托克音乐节 |
[22:30] | Three days of peace, love and music. | 充满安宁 爱与音乐的三天 |
[22:33] | Jimi Hendrix and Richie Havens are playing? | 吉米·亨德里克斯和里奇·海文斯要表演 |
[22:36] | I want to hear Janis sing the blues. | 我想听贾尼斯唱蓝调 |
[22:38] | I want to see Janis sing the blues. | 我想看贾尼斯唱蓝调 |
[22:40] | I… I… it sounds amazing. | 听上去很棒 |
[22:44] | So, you’ll come? | 那你愿意去吗 |
[22:47] | Yeah. | 愿意 |
[22:49] | Yeah, I’ll come. | 我会去 |
[22:50] | And then… | 那么… |
[22:52] | after Woodstock… | 在伍德斯托克音乐节后… |
[22:54] | I think that you and I | 我觉得我们俩 |
[22:55] | should just pack up Pearl and hit the road. | 应该收拾好珍珠号 整装上路 |
[22:59] | I think we should just leave Pittsburgh behind | 我觉得我们应该离开匹兹堡 |
[23:01] | and go to California. | 去加利福尼亚 |
[23:04] | My cousin has this farm there outside of San Francisco, | 我堂哥在旧金山郊外有个农场 |
[23:06] | and, well, he said that we could come, | 他说我们可以过去 |
[23:09] | and we could help out with the animals, and… | 我们可以帮忙照看动物 要是… |
[23:11] | And anytime we get bored, we could just | 要是哪天我们厌倦了 也可以直接 |
[23:13] | pack up Pearl and hit the road. | 收拾好珍珠号 继续上路 |
[23:16] | So, y-you want to drive to California | 你想开车去加州 |
[23:19] | and move there for-for good. | 然后永远生活在那里 |
[23:22] | “For good.” What does that mean, “For good”? | “永远” “永远”是什么意思 |
[23:26] | My Grandma Pearl used to say, | 我外婆珍珠跟我说过 |
[23:28] | “Sweetie, you can do anything you want with your life, | “宝贝 你这辈子可以做你想做的一切 |
[23:31] | or you can do nothing.” | 也可以碌碌无为” |
[23:38] | Yeah. | 好 |
[23:40] | Yeah? Okay, so, we have to leave Wednesday night, | 你同意了 那我们周三晚上就得走 |
[23:42] | because the festival starts on Friday, | 因为音乐节周五就开始了 |
[23:44] | and we want to get a good spot. | 我们要占个好位置 |
[23:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:49] | Okay, I’ll meet you here at 11:00 | 没问题 我们11:00在这里见 |
[23:50] | right after my parents… go to sleep. | 我等父母睡着后就过来 |
[23:59] | 美国军团 773号哨所 宾夕法尼亚州伊利市 | |
[24:03] | Look at these guys. | 瞧瞧这些家伙 |
[24:04] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[24:06] | – Is that you? – How many years it been? | -是你吗 -我们多少年没见了 |
[24:07] | Oh, too many. | 太多年了 |
[24:09] | – Sheehan’s gonna be over the moon to see you. – You think? | -希恩见到你一定高兴坏了 -真的吗 |
[24:12] | You know, you were his favorite. | 毕竟他最喜欢你了 |
[24:14] | Go take a walk. | 别瞎说 |
[24:16] | – See you inside? – Yeah. | -等会儿里边见 -好 |
[24:17] | – I’ll see you guys in there. – All right. | -里面见 -好 |
[24:27] | So, tell me about her. | 跟我说说她吧 |
[24:29] | Oh, Carolina’s, uh… | 卡罗琳娜非常地 |
[24:31] | smart, beautiful. | 聪明 漂亮 |
[24:34] | She loves bicycles, of all things. | 她最喜欢自行车 |
[24:36] | Wants to ride bikes in every city we travel to. | 想在我们旅行的每一个城市里骑车 |
[24:39] | That’s funny. Can’t picture you on a bike. | 挺搞笑的 难以想象你骑车的样子 |
[24:41] | – It’s not so bad. – Yeah. | -还不错 -是吗 |
[24:43] | Hurts your balls, but not so bad. | 蛋蛋有点疼 不过还好 |
[24:49] | Sir, | 长官 |
[24:51] | I need to ask your advice on something. | 我想向你寻求点建议 |
[24:57] | There’s this girl that I’ve been seeing. | 有个我交往很久的女孩 |
[24:59] | I’ve wanted to propose to her for a while now. | 我想向她求婚已经有段时间了 |
[25:02] | And… | 但是 |
[25:04] | You that afraid she’ll say no? | 你怕她拒绝你吗 |
[25:06] | You’re not that bad-looking, Pearson. | 你也没”那么”丑 皮尔森 |
[25:13] | On our first date, | 我们第一次约会的时候 |
[25:15] | she asked me about my time in Nam, | 她问起我在越南的经历 |
[25:19] | and I lied to her. | 我骗了她 |
[25:22] | I told her I was just a mechanic. | 我说我只是一个机修工 |
[25:24] | I mean, to this day, I-I still don’t think | 直到今天 我依旧觉得 |
[25:26] | she thinks I ever fired a weapon. | 她还认为我从没开过枪 |
[25:31] | Then, um, she asked me about my family. | 然后 她问起过我的家庭 |
[25:34] | I lied to her, too. | 我又骗了她 |
[25:37] | Uh… told her my brother died in the war. | 我说我弟弟在战争中死了 |
[25:46] | I’ve had a million opportunities to tell her the truth, | 我有无数次的机会告诉她真相 |
[25:49] | and I just… never did. | 但我就是 没说 |
[25:53] | Couldn’t find the words. Never came out. | 不知道怎么说 不知道说什么 |
[25:56] | Any excuse. | 也找不到借口 |
[25:59] | Now it’s just… | 等到现在 |
[26:00] | Too much time has gone by. | 时间已经过去太久了 |
[26:07] | Carolina always knows when I’m thinking about the war. | 卡罗琳娜总能知道 我什么时候想起了战争 |
[26:11] | I guess there’s a certain look | 大概是每次想起的时候 |
[26:12] | I get on my face when it happens. | 我脸上都会有某种表情吧 |
[26:17] | Sometimes, she asks to hear about it. | 有时候她也想听我讲讲战争 |
[26:22] | So, I tell her about the biggest waterfall | 我就跟她讲 我在高平县看到过的 |
[26:25] | I ever saw in Cao Bang Province. | 最大的瀑布 |
[26:29] | And how they always served us that chipped beef | 还有他们给我吃的薄片牛肉 |
[26:30] | that tasted like old pennies. | 尝起来很像旧硬币 |
[26:36] | The rest, I keep to myself. | 至于其他的 我都咽在肚子里 |
[26:41] | Lot of these guys, | 这里很多人 |
[26:43] | their bodies are here, but their minds are still over there. | 身体在这里 心还在战地 |
[26:51] | 鸡尾酒 | |
[26:52] | The trick is to not let yourself get lost in it. | 秘诀就是不要让自己陷进去 |
[26:59] | Not to relive the same horror show over and over. | 不要一遍又一遍地重温噩梦 |
[27:03] | You owe this girl of yours | 你该给这个女孩的 |
[27:05] | the future, not the past. | 是未来 不是过去 |
[27:09] | – Are you sure? Because I… – I’m sure. Yeah. | -你确定吗 因为我… -我确定 |
[27:14] | Want my advice? | 想听我的建议吗 |
[27:17] | Take every memory you have, | 把你所有的回忆 |
[27:18] | photos, whatever, and lock it away. | 照片也好 其他也罢 都锁起来 |
[27:22] | Visit it when you have one too many. | 你喝多了 可以打开来看看 |
[27:25] | But keep it separate from the life you’re building. | 但要和你现在的生活分开 |
[27:30] | Go propose to that girl, Pearson. | 去跟那女孩儿求婚吧 皮尔森 |
[27:56] | I got you a Samsonite. | 我给你买了个新秀丽 |
[27:58] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -对 |
[28:00] | I don’t, I don’t know much about suitcases, | 我不太了解行李箱 |
[28:02] | but I-I feel like this thing’s gonna last forever. | 但我感觉这个能用很久 |
[28:07] | I had to sneak it past Mom and Dad. | 我还得不让爸妈发现 |
[28:15] | This is great, man. Thank you. | 这太棒了兄弟 谢谢 |
[28:20] | They know yet? | 他们知道了吗 |
[28:23] | No. I was just gonna watch the astronauts’ coming home parade, | 不知道 我打算看完宇航员回国的游行 |
[28:26] | and then I was gonna wait for them to fall asleep | 然后等他们都睡着了 |
[28:30] | and then go meet Sally. | 我再去和萨莉碰面 |
[28:33] | Truth is I-I didn’t really want to tell them unless I got there | 说实话 我打算到了地方再告诉他们 |
[28:35] | just in case I got cold feet. | 以防我临阵退缩 |
[28:38] | Come on. You’re gonna have the time of your life, kid. | 不会 你会过得很开心的 弟弟 |
[28:40] | Open road, nice girl. I… | 公路 美女 |
[28:47] | Just remember to write me a postcard | 记得隔段时间 |
[28:50] | every now and again, okay? | 就给我写张明信片 好吗 |
[28:59] | Am I gonna stick out like a sore thumb out in California? | 我在加利福尼亚会显得格格不入吗 |
[29:04] | I-I… I don’t surf. I don’t… | 我不冲浪 我… |
[29:06] | I don’t know any hippie lingo. I… | 也不知道嬉皮士术语 |
[29:09] | I feel like Sally’s probably just gonna dump me | 我感觉萨莉可能会甩了我 |
[29:11] | and then dump me somewhere along Route 66. | 然后把我随便丢在66号公路上 |
[29:13] | – Like, I’m not… – Nicky, stop. | -我不是… -尼奇 打住 |
[29:14] | – I don’t feel like it’s a realistic… – Stop. Just stop, | -我觉得这不太现实 -别说了 |
[29:16] | man, stop. Come on. You’re gonna be fine. | 停下 别说了 你会没事的 |
[29:19] | I’m telling you, a… | 我告诉你 |
[29:21] | a girl like that, | 那样一个女孩 |
[29:23] | she asks me to go to California, | 要是邀请我去加利福尼亚 |
[29:26] | I’m gone in a heartbeat. | 我立马就走了 |
[29:31] | Thanks, Jack. | 谢谢你 杰克 |
[29:33] | …great moments. | …伟大的时刻 |
[29:36] | We have honored many voyagers before. | 我们此前曾致敬过很多远航者 |
[29:39] | Men who sailed around the world, | 既有航海环游世界的人 |
[29:41] | men who flew alone across the ocean. | 也有独自飞跃大洋的人 |
[29:45] | But today, we honor three men who forged the first link | 但今天 我们要致敬首次将地球与其他星球 |
[29:49] | between Earth and the stars. | 连接在一起的三位英雄 |
[29:52] | Today, we honor three men | 今天 我们致敬这三人 |
[29:54] | who have affirmed the best we have within us. | 他们彰显了人类最优秀的品质 |
[29:58] | And all that New York has given today– | 今天整个纽约市里 充满了… |
[30:01] | its cheers, its praise… | 欢呼 赞颂… |
[30:03] | – What? – its glory… | -怎么了 -和荣耀… |
[30:05] | No, nothing. | 没事 |
[30:08] | I just… | 我只是… |
[30:10] | I can’t believe I was your age sitting with my old man, | 有点震惊于 当年我像你这么大时 |
[30:13] | listening to the radio | 还在陪我爸听收音机 |
[30:15] | when Roosevelt come on, | 听到罗斯福速报说 |
[30:17] | told us that Pearl Harbor got bombed. | 珍珠港被轰炸了 |
[30:22] | Everything changed. | 一切都变了 |
[30:25] | Now, I’m the old man | 现在 我成了那个爹 |
[30:28] | sitting here with my son, | 和我儿子坐在一起 |
[30:31] | watching three Americans fly home from the Moon. | 看着三个美国人从月球飞回家 |
[30:36] | Yeah. Life’s wild. | 真的 人生真是疯狂 |
[30:41] | – Hon, come. Sit. – Thanks, Mom. | -宝贝 过来坐 -谢谢 妈 |
[30:44] | Look how many people are at this parade. | 看这场游行来了多少人 |
[30:48] | …for your support, | …你们的支持 |
[30:49] | support that made our mission possible. | 是这种支持让我们得以完成使命 |
[31:12] | You’re gonna have to move your van to a new spot tomorrow. | 明天你得把车挪到别的地方 |
[31:15] | Okay? You’ve been parked here too long. | 好吗 你在这停得太久了 |
[31:17] | Sure. I was about to leave anyway. | 好 我也正打算走呢 |
[31:52] | – Thanks. – Yep. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[32:40] | It was nothing. | 这不算什么 |
[32:51] | It’s just…tiny fancy fish. | 这就只是 好吃的小鱼 |
[32:55] | So, you-you just… you just went online | 所以你…你就直接上网 |
[32:58] | and you booked a plane ticket to Los Angeles, just…? | 订了张来洛杉矶的机票 就… |
[33:01] | Hey, you named your son after me, kid. | 小子 你用我的名字给你儿子取了名 |
[33:03] | I had to come. | 我当然得来 |
[33:07] | – I am gonna say good night. – Yeah? | -我先去睡了 -是吗 |
[33:09] | I’m gonna feed the twins, | 我先给双胞胎喂奶 |
[33:10] | and then pass out from exhaustion. | 然后就精疲力尽地睡倒 |
[33:13] | Uh, I’m sorry that I just showed up unannounced. | 抱歉我没打招呼就直接来了 |
[33:17] | I recognize it’s kind of weird. | 我知道这有点奇怪 |
[33:19] | No. No, Kevin was just saying he missed having family around, | 没事 凯文刚还在念叨说他想家人了 |
[33:22] | and then you showed up, so that’s a good weird in my book. | 转眼你就出现了 就算怪也是好事 |
[33:26] | I’ll let you guys catch up. | 你们慢慢聊 |
[33:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[33:28] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[33:34] | Well, a lot’s happened since I saw you in the flesh. | 从上次见到你以来 发生了好多事 |
[33:38] | Yeah. Yeah, a lot has happened. | 是啊 确实发生了很多事 |
[33:40] | And I-I can’t wait for you to meet Nick and Franny. | 我等不及让你见尼克和弗兰妮了 |
[33:43] | I mean, oh, they’re perfect. | 我想说 他们简直完美 |
[33:45] | It’s, like, you stare into their eyes, | 你只要看着他们的眼睛 |
[33:46] | and it’s like there’s nothing wrong in the world, you know? | 就会觉得 这个世界非常美好 |
[33:49] | – Yeah? – Yeah. Yeah. | -是吗 -绝对的 |
[33:51] | Yeah, it’s really something. | 真的很神奇 |
[33:54] | Oh, and I want to take you to this dog park. | 我还想带你去一个遛狗公园 |
[33:56] | It’s right around the corner. We’ll go tomorrow. | 拐个弯就到 我们明天就去 |
[33:58] | We take the twins there every morning, and we just, | 我们每天早晨都带双胞胎去 |
[34:00] | we go there and we watch the dogs just kind of run amok. | 我们就待在那里 看狗狗们疯跑 |
[34:02] | You know? It’s like a Pixar film, it’s great. | 很像皮克斯动画片的情节 特别棒 |
[34:05] | You like dogs, right? Didn’t you say | 你喜欢狗 对吧 我记得你说 |
[34:06] | you worked at a vet clinic before the war? | 你战前曾在一家兽医诊所工作过 |
[34:08] | – Yeah, I did. – Yeah. Yeah. | -对 是的 -对吧 |
[34:11] | Oh. And-and we got to figure out what it is | 我们还得想想他们 |
[34:13] | that you want them to call you. | 该怎么称呼你 |
[34:15] | It’s not “grandpa,” obviously, but, uh, it could be… | 显然 不能叫”祖父” 但可以… |
[34:19] | it could be “chief,” It could be “toot” or-or, um… | 可以叫”长官” 或者”嘟嘟” 或者… |
[34:23] | it could– “pops.” | 也可以叫”老爹” |
[34:30] | You must be exhausted. | 你一定很累 |
[34:31] | You’re probably dead tired from the traveling, I would imagine. | 我能想象 一路过来一定把你累坏了 |
[34:33] | You want me to go make up your bed, get that ready for you? | 要不我去帮你铺床 直接准备睡觉好吗 |
[34:35] | – Good idea. – How about… Yeah, I’ll do that for you. | -可以 -好 我去收拾 |
[35:11] | It’s 4:00 a.m. Here, old man. | 现在凌晨四点 老兄 |
[35:13] | Ah, you suck at sleeping just like I do. | 你跟我一样不擅长睡觉 |
[35:15] | – I knew you’d be up. – It’s true. | -我知道你肯定没睡 -也是 |
[35:18] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[35:21] | I’m thinking that this whole thing was a mistake. | 我在想 也许这一切都彻底错了 |
[35:26] | You know, I thought that the plane ride | 我本以为坐飞机 |
[35:28] | would be the hard part, | 会是最难熬的部分 |
[35:30] | but now I’m thinking I might just sneak out of here | 但现在我只想趁大家熟睡时 |
[35:32] | while everybody’s asleep, and I’ll just, | 悄悄溜走 然后… |
[35:34] | you know, I’ll call Kevin once I land… | 等我一落地 再打给凯文… |
[35:36] | Are you certifiably insane? | 你是疯得无药可救了吗 |
[35:38] | It’s just different now that I’m here. | 我到了以后感觉不一样了 |
[35:40] | I mean, Jack’s kid named his kid after me. | 杰克的孩子用我的名字给他孩子取了名 |
[35:43] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[35:44] | God, Jack must be rolling in his grave around that one. | 天哪 杰克估计在棺材里都要气炸了 |
[35:48] | Now the kid wants me to go to the park | 现在那孩子希望我能一起去公园 |
[35:51] | and take pictures and be “Grandpa.” | 还要一起拍照 当他们的”爷爷” |
[35:53] | – Ugh, it’s too much. – Nicky… | -我承受不了 -尼奇… |
[35:59] | You’ve hated yourself for so long, | 一直以来你都憎恨着自己 |
[36:01] | and now you have all this love coming at you, | 现在有这么多爱向你涌来 |
[36:03] | and it feels weird, and you want to go AWOL. | 可能你感觉不舒服 所以想临阵脱逃 |
[36:06] | And then what, go back to your trailer alone | 但那之后呢 你打算独自回到你的拖车里 |
[36:08] | and stare at the same plot of land until you die? | 盯着相同的一块地一直到死吗 |
[36:11] | I… | 我… |
[36:13] | I didn’t know this brother of yours, | 我虽然没见过你的这位哥哥 |
[36:18] | but I do know two pretty decent men | 但我确实认识两个非常正直的人 |
[36:20] | who have spent their lives | 他们耗费了整整一生 |
[36:22] | wondering if he would be proud of them. | 一直在纠结他是否会为他们俩感到骄傲 |
[36:26] | Deep down… | 在你的心底… |
[36:29] | don’t you think he’d be proud of you, Nicky? | 难道你觉得他不会以你为傲吗 尼奇 |
[36:33] | Took a while, but you made it. | 虽然花费了点时间 但你做到了 |
[36:34] | You made it all the way to California. | 你排除万难赶到了加州 |
[36:46] | Hey there, babies. | 你们好啊 小宝贝们 |
[36:49] | Don’t worry, I won’t get too close. | 别担心 我不会靠得太近 |
[36:53] | FYI, I’ve been vaccinated, twice. | 而且 我打过疫苗了 两针都打了 |
[36:59] | Um, I-I… | 我 我… |
[37:01] | I made these really special gifts for you, | 我本来为你们做了一些非常特别的礼物 |
[37:04] | but, um, this country is kind of idiotic | 不过 这个国家有时候总爱制定一些 |
[37:07] | about its rules sometimes, so I got you… | 非常蠢的规则 所以我… |
[37:10] | I got you these instead. | 我重新买了这些 |
[37:13] | Well, my favorite John Grisham novels. | 我最喜欢的约翰·格里森姆的小说 |
[37:15] | That’s The Firm. | 这是《陷阱》 |
[37:17] | Okay. And, uh… | 是的 还有… |
[37:21] | and The Rainmaker. | 还有《造雨人》 |
[37:23] | Uh, I’m sorry they’re in paperback. | 抱歉这些都是简装书 |
[37:25] | It’s the only thing they had at the airport gift shop. | 机场的礼品店只卖这种装帧的书 |
[37:30] | I-I jotted some things down in… | 我 我在书里面… |
[37:33] | in the book. | 写了点东西 |
[37:35] | Uh, no great words of wisdom. | 我没什么大智慧的话 |
[37:38] | But… | 不过… |
[37:40] | when you’re an old man | 人变老以后 |
[37:42] | and you’re looking out a plane window… | 望向飞机窗外的时候… |
[37:47] | …you think about all the mistakes you make in life. | 会想到这一生所犯的各种错误 |
[38:12] | I lived alone. | 我独自一人生活 |
[38:14] | Every day, the same routine for 50 years. | 每一天都走着相同的轨迹 过了五十年 |
[38:20] | But then… | 但后来… |
[38:22] | I got an invitation to meet you two. | 我收到邀请来见你们俩 |
[38:26] | And you know, | 你们知道吗 |
[38:27] | you know what it got me thinking about? | 你们知道这让我想到了什么吗 |
[38:31] | It got me thinking about the Moon. | 这让我想到了月亮 |
[38:36] | July 20, 1969… | 1969年7月20日… |
[38:42] | …I watched a man walk on the Moon. | 我目睹了一个人在月球上行走 |
[38:46] | One day, we’d never been to the Moon. | 前一天 我们还从未登陆过月球 |
[38:51] | It was impossible to even fathom walking on it. | 更不敢想象能在月球上行走 |
[38:54] | And the next day, | 结果第二天 |
[38:57] | we’re walking on it. | 我们就在月球上行走了 |
[39:01] | The impossible became possible, | 不可能的事变成了可能 |
[39:05] | just like that. | 就这么快 |
[39:12] | For 50 years, I lived in a trailer. | 我在拖车里生活了五十年 |
[39:18] | A trailer that went nowhere. | 我的拖车从来没有移动过 |
[39:21] | Whatever the opposite is of an astronaut, that-that’s… | 不管宇航员的反义词是什么 总之… |
[39:27] | That’s what I became. | 我成了那样的人 |
[39:32] | And then I got that invitation in the mail… | 后来我在信件里收到了那份邀请… |
[39:38] | for a Zoom… | 好像要用Zoom… |
[39:41] | …apparently, whatever the hell that is. | 我也不清楚那是什么鬼东西 |
[39:45] | But an invitation to meet | 但是那份邀请让我来见 |
[39:48] | my great-nephew | 我的孙侄子 |
[39:50] | and my great-niece. | 和我的孙侄女 |
[39:59] | My big brother’s grandchildren. | 我哥哥的孙子孙女 |
[40:09] | I’ve lived alone a really long time, | 我已经独自生活了太久太久 |
[40:14] | and I’ve been… | 我已经… |
[40:17] | I’ve been stuck. | 已经被困住了 |
[40:21] | And… | 所以 |
[40:24] | anything… | 任何事 |
[40:27] | anything good that would ever happen to me, | 任何可能发生在我身上的好事 |
[40:31] | it just seemed… | 看起来… |
[40:34] | it just seemed impossible. | 都好像是不可能的 |
[40:40] | But here I am. I made it. | 但现在我来了 我做到了 |
[40:45] | You two– | 你们俩 |
[40:47] | You two were my Moon. | 你们俩就是我的月亮 |
[40:56] | Okay, that’s it. | 好了 就说这些吧 |
[41:02] | You just call me “Uncle Nicky,” Okay? | 你们就叫我”尼奇叔叔”吧 好吗 |
[41:03] | No stupid nicknames. | 不叫什么奇怪的昵称了 |
[41:09] | Okay? | 好吗 |