时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | You and Tiffany staying in and studying, right? | 你和蒂芙妮会好好在家学习的吧 |
[00:05] | ‘Cause I’m keeping close contact. | 我可是会随时保持联系的 |
[00:06] | You got my number, Commander. | 你有我手机号 老大 |
[00:08] | What awaits you in Boston? | 波士顿有什么在等你 |
[00:11] | My boyfriend. | 我男朋友 |
[00:12] | They want to reboot The Manny, Kevin. | 他们想重制《靓男保姆》 凯文 |
[00:14] | You’d play the dad. You get to raise your family in Los Angeles | 你要演爸爸 你可以养活你在洛杉矶的家人 |
[00:16] | and become a zillionaire. | 完全不愁钱 |
[00:18] | You know, people said I was crazy, | 别人都说我有毛病 |
[00:19] | me living in your garage just to stay close to the twins. | 为了待在双胞胎跟前 住在你家车库里 |
[00:22] | It’s possible they had a point. | 他们可能说得有道理 |
[00:24] | I hate that I’m doing this over FaceTime, but I miss you. | 我讨厌要和你打视频而不是当面 我很想你 |
[00:26] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你了 |
[00:29] | Are you aware that Kevin is in our guest room? | 你知道凯文在我们客房里吗 |
[00:32] | I’m taking The Manny reboot. | 我决定演《靓男保姆》重启版 |
[00:34] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[00:35] | Jack Damon. | 有请杰克·达蒙 |
[00:50] | I can feel your concern. | 我能感觉到你在担心我 |
[00:53] | Blind guy, hot smoker. | 一个盲人 靠近烧烤炉 |
[00:55] | I assure you, I have done this hundreds of times, | 不过我向你保证 我已经做过几百次 |
[00:58] | and I still have both my eyebrows. | 并且我的眉毛都还在 |
[01:01] | Wait, do I still have both of them? | 等等 我的眉毛还在吧 |
[01:03] | So far, so good. | 目前还在的 |
[01:21] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:23] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[01:25] | I know it sounds crazy, but every once in a while, | 我知道这样很扯 但是很偶尔的时候 |
[01:27] | that smell hits me and… takes me right back to that day. | 闻到烟熏的味道 会让我想起那一天 |
[01:32] | I know. | 我理解 |
[01:45] | Don’t-don’t get too close, buddy. | 别太靠近 孩子 |
[01:48] | No. No, no, no. | 不要 不要 |
[01:51] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[01:53] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[01:56] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[01:59] | – Hell of a first memory, huh? – Yeah. | -人生初记忆 很”厉害”吧 -是啊 |
[02:03] | Hope you’re hungry. | 希望你很有胃口 |
[02:04] | Made enough for a small army. | 就两个人 但我做了很多 |
[02:23] | Oh, God… I missed them again. | 天哪 我又错过了他们睡觉 |
[02:26] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:27] | I tried to keep them up as long as I could, but they were wiped. | 我尽力让他们别睡 但是他们太累了 |
[02:31] | They’re not gonna remember who I am. | 他们都快忘记我了 |
[02:32] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:34] | Nobody forgets that face. | 谁都不会忘记你的脸 |
[02:36] | Look, you could cover it with as much facial hair as you want. | 你的胡子爱留多长都可以 |
[02:39] | It doesn’t even matter. | 根本不重要 |
[02:41] | How did I become that dad? | 我怎么会成为这样的爸爸 |
[02:43] | Like, the guy who leaves before breakfast | 每天早饭前就出门 |
[02:45] | and gets home after dinner. | 晚饭后才回来 |
[02:48] | My dad worked a lot. I still love him. | 我爸以前就总忙工作 我也还是很爱他 |
[02:50] | Yeah, comparing me to your father doesn’t help. | 把我跟你爸相比 并没有安慰到我 |
[02:52] | How would you like it if I compared you to my mom? | 要是我拿你和你妈妈比 你会怎么想 |
[02:54] | Oh, okay. Point taken. | 好吧 我懂你意思了 |
[02:57] | Babe, why don’t you… | 宝贝 要不这样 |
[02:59] | I don’t know, why don’t you carve out some time for them this weekend | 要不你这周末抽出一些时间 |
[03:02] | and give them the full Jack experience? | 好好陪陪他们 |
[03:06] | Oh, you already thought of the Jack experience? | 你已经想到要好好陪他们了吗 |
[03:08] | Okay, go ahead. | 你说吧 |
[03:09] | You know that new mall they just built? | 你知道新开的那家商场吗 |
[03:10] | The one with the indoor movie theater? | 就是有室内电影院的那家 |
[03:12] | Oh, their first movie on a big screen. | 他们第一次看大屏幕电影 |
[03:16] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[03:17] | They’re gonna love it. You’re gonna have so much fun. | 他们一定喜欢 你们一定会玩得很开心 |
[03:21] | Y-You’re not gonna come? | 你不去吗 |
[03:22] | An entire Saturday with three squirming kids | 陪三个坐卧不宁还吃了很多糖的孩子 |
[03:25] | all hopped up on sugar? | 待一整个周六吗 |
[03:27] | Don’t count on it, babe. | 别指望我 宝贝 |
[03:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:33] | Off to make the bacon. | 我要去挣饭钱了 |
[03:35] | T-minus four days until I see you guys again. | 再过四天 我们再见 |
[03:39] | – All right. – All right. | -好 -好的 |
[03:40] | – Well, we love you. – We, uh, love you. | -我们爱你 -我们爱你 |
[03:43] | – We love you. – Oh, my gosh, I love you, too. | -我们爱你 -天哪 我也爱你 |
[03:46] | Love you. | 爱你哦 |
[03:48] | – We’ll miss you. – Not today. | -我们会想你的 -看来今天不给亲 |
[03:49] | – I know. – I’ll be back. I’ll be right back. | -是啊 -我很快就回来 |
[03:51] | – Bye, Dad. – Bye, Dad. | -跟爸爸再见 -爸爸再见 |
[04:03] | Hey, buddy, let’s just, uh, let’s kind of blow our kisses | 孩子 我们来几个飞吻 |
[04:05] | and say our “I love you’s…” | 然后说一下”爱你” |
[04:09] | Sorry, you know what? He’s melting down, sorry. | 抱歉 他有点太闹腾了 要不先这样吧 |
[04:12] | Yeah, but he didn’t get a chance to hear me say | 可是他都没来得及… |
[04:13] | that-that I love him. | 听我说爱他 |
[04:21] | Yeah, I couldn’t g– I couldn’t get out of that dinner | 我没能推掉明晚的工作晚餐邀请 |
[04:23] | tomorrow night, so hopefully it won’t go too late | 希望不要弄得太晚 |
[04:24] | and I’ll just hop on the first flight in the morning. | 我会做第二天一早的飞机回来 |
[04:27] | Well, that’s a bummer. | 太遗憾了 |
[04:28] | I was just hoping that you would be here | 我还希望你能回来 |
[04:29] | to help me with the kids, you know? | 帮我看看孩子 |
[04:30] | By the end of the week I’m just fried. | 等到快周末的时候 我真的很累 |
[04:33] | Yeah, I’m doing the best I can, Kate. | 我尽力了 凯特 |
[04:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:36] | And you’re traveling back and forth, and I– | 而且你还来回跑 我… |
[04:39] | babe, we really appreciate it. | 我们真的很感激 |
[04:42] | A dad’s work is never done. | 一位父亲的工作将持续一生 |
[04:55] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[04:57] | Here you go, matcha with monk fruit and nut milk, | 给你 加了罗汉果和坚果乳的抹茶 |
[04:59] | – just like you like your nonsense. – Come on in. | -你这口味可真够独特的 -进来吧 |
[05:01] | We’ll fuel them up with the breakfast of champions: yams. | 我们用冠军早餐来喂他们 那就是山药 |
[05:06] | Thank God you’re here. | 你终于来了 |
[05:07] | Double blowout. | 双人份”爆汁”套餐 |
[05:09] | Well, yams. | 味道好极了 |
[05:13] | – Morning. – Shh. We had a rough night. | -早 -嘘 折腾了一晚 |
[05:16] | They’re already back asleep, but you can go peek. | 他们又都睡着了 不过你可以去看一眼 |
[05:34] | Sharing them should get easier, right? | 一起照顾他们要是能容易点就好了 对吧 |
[05:38] | I hope so. | 但愿是吧 |
[05:52] | Big day. | 今天是个大日子 |
[05:53] | Me and my eldest out on the open road. | 我跟大女儿开车上路 |
[05:55] | Coming to complete stops, keeping it ten and two, | 车辆完全停止 握好方向盘 |
[05:58] | and she’ll be trapped next to her father | 她将被困在老爸身边 |
[06:00] | for at least an hour, | 至少一个小时 |
[06:02] | which means she will be forced to connect with me. | 也就是说她不得不跟我聊天 |
[06:05] | Very sneaky. | 很狡猾 |
[06:06] | I approve. | 我赞成 |
[06:09] | I knew that you would. | 我知道你会的 |
[06:18] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[06:21] | All right. | 好嘞 |
[06:23] | – Let’s eat. – Look at this. | -我们吃饭 -看看这儿 |
[06:25] | – Making progress over here. – I know. | -这里有进步 -是的 |
[06:27] | Good for you. That’s amazing. | 真好 太棒了 |
[06:29] | – Thank you. – You know what’s really exciting news? | -谢谢 -你知道更棒的是什么吗 |
[06:31] | Is Franny ate carrots last night. | 弗兰妮昨晚吃了胡萝卜 |
[06:33] | I found that out because Madison sent me a carrot emoji, | 我会知道是因为 麦迪逊发了一个胡萝卜表情 |
[06:36] | not because I was actually there to witness it in person. | 我倒是没在那里亲眼看到 |
[06:39] | I know it’s tough not living with them, | 我知道跟他们分开住很折腾 |
[06:40] | but I’m really grateful that you’re here. | 但我真的很感激有你在 |
[06:42] | Honestly, I do not know how I would be surviving | 说实话 没有你的帮助 |
[06:44] | without all your help. | 我不知道怎么熬过来 |
[06:45] | And maybe it’s good for you, too, right? | 或许对你也好 对吗 |
[06:48] | Keep you busy between seeing the kids and work? | 让你在看望孩子和工作之余 还有事可做 |
[06:50] | Yeah, yeah, no, it’s good. I’m-I’m good, though, I’m fine. | 对 很好 我很好 我没事 |
[06:52] | I’m– You don’t have to worry about me. | 你不必担心我 |
[06:53] | I’m going to my meetings, I’m… | 我要去开会了 |
[06:55] | You know, I’m thinking about picking up a hobby, actually. | 实际上 我正考虑培养个爱好 |
[06:58] | Yeah, it was guitar or needlepoint. | 吉他或者刺绣 |
[07:00] | I can’t figure out which… | 我想不清楚选哪个 |
[07:01] | Lucys, I’m home. | 亲爱的们 我回家了 |
[07:04] | Is that Daddy? | 是爸爸吗 |
[07:07] | Where are my munchkins? I need munchkin kisses. | 我的小乖乖在哪 我要亲亲小乖乖 |
[07:11] | And some for you. | 我还要亲亲你 |
[07:14] | And some for you. | 我还要亲亲你 |
[07:17] | – No. Come on. – Nah, I’m good. | -哎哟 来吧 -不了 放了我吧 |
[07:19] | Can we be brothers-in-law who kiss? | 大舅哥和妹夫不能亲亲吗 |
[07:21] | – I… – Kate, don’t get jealous. | -我 -凯特 别吃醋 |
[07:23] | – Fine. Fine, fine, fine. – This is happening. | -好吧 好吧 -我亲了哦 |
[07:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:26] | All right, thank you– That’s a lot of beard. | 好了 谢谢 胡子真多 |
[07:28] | Oh, gosh, you guys, 36 blissful hours | 天啊 各位 在我再次听到西南空乘 |
[07:32] | until I have to listen to the Southwest flight attendants | 把安全规范唱成恶搞歌曲之前 |
[07:34] | turn the safety protocol into a parody song again. | 还有36个小时的开心时间 |
[07:37] | Wait, you love that. That was, like, | 等等 你喜欢那个的呀 那本来是 |
[07:38] | your favorite part of the whole trip. | 整个旅程中你最爱的环节 |
[07:40] | I know. I’ve gone dead inside. | 我知道 但我内心已死 |
[07:42] | Well, uh, let me help. Let me help. | 让我来帮忙 我来帮忙 |
[07:44] | I’ll run to the store, I’ll grab something special, | 我去商店 买点特别的东西 |
[07:46] | uh, I’ll come home, I’ll cook it up, we’ll have dinner. | 我会回来 我做饭 我们一起吃晚饭 |
[07:48] | Oh, actually, Kev, um, Toby and I have plans tonight. | 其实 小凯 托比跟我今晚有安排了 |
[07:51] | And we already have a sitter, so the kids are covered. | 我们已经找好了保姆 孩子们有人照顾了 |
[07:53] | We’re going a recital at my school. | 我们要去参加我学校的演奏会 |
[07:55] | Yeah, they’re doing selections from The Lion King. | 对 他们要表演《狮子王》选曲 |
[07:58] | You know, if they do “He Lives in You,” | 如果他们表演《他活在你心中》 |
[08:01] | I’m gonna lose it. | 我就当场失控 |
[08:02] | I’m gonna lose it. | 我就当场失控 |
[08:03] | Oh, also, we’re going to Menchie’s. | 我们还会去蒙氏冻酸奶店 |
[08:05] | – Oh, you’re going to Menchie’s? – Yeah. | -你们要去蒙氏冻酸奶店 -对 |
[08:07] | Ah, you guys really know how to party. | 你们俩真会玩 |
[08:08] | Uh, actually, we do. We’re gonna tornado | 我们可厉害了 我们要尝遍 |
[08:10] | all the nonfat frozen yogurt flavors. | 所有无脂冻酸奶口味 |
[08:12] | Okay, well, you go do that. Don’t worry about me. | 好吧 你们去吧 别担心我 |
[08:14] | I’ve got to go to rehearsal. | 我要去彩排了 |
[08:16] | Manny say what? | 奶爸说什么 |
[08:17] | The reboot? How’s it going? | 重启 进展如何 |
[08:20] | It’s a good distraction while Madison and I sort of adjust. | 这戏能帮我在跟麦迪逊磨合的期间 分散注意力 |
[08:23] | Plus, I don’t have to rip my shirt off at every act break. | 另外 我不用一到表演间歇就撕上衣了 |
[08:26] | Which is why I’m gonna steal some of Jack’s French toast. | 所以我可以偷一些杰克的法式吐司 |
[08:28] | Thank you very much, Jack. All right. | 非常感谢 杰克 |
[08:30] | – Bye, guys. – Okay, now, here’s the question. | -再见 -好的 现在问题来了 |
[08:32] | How many kisses can I get in in 36 hours? | 36小时内我能亲你们多少下 |
[08:35] | ‘Cause I think I can break the record. | 我觉得我能破纪录 |
[08:37] | Should I start with your hand? Ready? | 从你的手开始吗 准备好了吗 |
[08:39] | One, two, three, four, five, six, a million. | 一 二 三 四 五 六 一百万 |
[08:42] | – So many kisses. – Yeah, that’s pretty fast, right? | -这么多亲亲 -很快 对吧 |
[08:44] | Should I give you some on your hand? | 你的手也要亲亲吗 |
[08:49] | – Dad! – Guys, guys, hey, look, I know we’re all excited– | -爸 -孩子们 我知道我们都很兴奋 |
[08:51] | Come here, Kev, come on– I know we’re all excited, | 过来 小凯 快点 我知道我们都很兴奋 |
[08:53] | but we’re just gonna have to wait our turn. | 但也得等到轮到我们才行 |
[08:55] | But what if they run out of candy? | 可是如果糖卖光了怎么办 |
[08:56] | They’re not gonna run out of candy, bud. | 他们的糖不会卖光的 宝贝 |
[08:58] | So, hey, look, let’s just, let’s get some snacks | 这样 我们买点零食 |
[09:00] | and then we’ll go find our seats. | 然后去找我们的座位 |
[09:01] | Hey, can I help you? | 需要什么 |
[09:03] | Yeah, can I get, um, three little popcorns, | 我想要三份小号爆米花 |
[09:06] | some, uh, ooh, some Raisinets– three of those. | 来点葡萄干 那个来三份 |
[09:10] | And, uh, do you have coffee? | 有咖啡吗 |
[09:12] | Sure do. | 有 |
[09:13] | – Great, it’s been a long week. – Daddy? | -太好了 这周真难熬 -爸爸 |
[09:14] | Are you gonna live at work forever? | 你以后会一直住在办公室吗 |
[09:18] | Uh, I don’t live at work, Katie girl. | 我不住在办公室 凯特宝贝 |
[09:20] | I live with you guys, remember? | 我跟你们住在一起 记得吗 |
[09:23] | My dad worked a lot. | 我爸一天到晚工作 |
[09:25] | I resented it at first, but look at me now. | 我最初很烦 但你看我现在不也好好的吗 |
[09:31] | Mm. How much are those? | 多少钱 |
[09:32] | – Eight dollars. – Eight bucks. Great. | -八块钱 -八块钱 好 |
[09:33] | Eight bucks, okay, there’s eight. | 八块钱 好 给你八块 |
[09:36] | Got the coffee, got the popcorns– Here we go, let’s go, | 拿好咖啡和爆米花了 走吧 我们走 |
[09:37] | let’s go, come on, come on, come on, we eat that inside, | 走吧 快点 快点 我们进去吃 |
[09:39] | we’re gonna eat that inside. | 我们进去再吃 |
[09:43] | All right, should we rehearse one? | 好 我们要排练一次吗 |
[09:44] | Let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[09:46] | All right, now, on the day, we’ll have the real twins here– | 好 正式演出那天我们会用真的双胞胎 |
[09:48] | Lord help us– but for now we’ll just use the jelly babies. | 但愿老天保佑 可现在我们只能用硅胶娃娃 |
[09:51] | Kevin, were those babies this creepy when you were the Manny? | 凯文 你演奶爸时这些娃娃也这么吓人吗 |
[09:57] | You know, their eyes were somehow even deader | 他们的眼睛甚至更空洞 |
[09:59] | and they always smelled like roast beef, so yeah. | 而且总是闻着像烤牛肉 所以是的 |
[10:01] | Okay, gang, um, why don’t we | 好了各位 我们从 |
[10:03] | pick it up from the toast? | 干杯开始如何 |
[10:04] | Taking it from the toast. | 从干杯开始 |
[10:06] | Um, okay, that’s me. | 好 是我的词 |
[10:08] | – “Today was a good day.” – And action. | -“今天是美好的一天” -开始 |
[10:11] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -好 |
[10:12] | Today was a good day. | 今天是美好的一天 |
[10:13] | Um, I’m lucky to have all of you in my life. | 我很幸运我的人生中有你们相伴 |
[10:17] | My beautiful wife, my amazing stepdaughter. | 我美丽的妻子 聪明的继女 |
[10:20] | – Can I get my nose pierced? – Not a chance. | -我能打个鼻洞吗 -没门 |
[10:22] | My cute little babies who are the twinkle in my eye. | 我可爱的小宝宝 他们是我眼中的光 |
[10:28] | And you. | 还有你 |
[10:31] | Gang, it’s-it’s moments like this, right? | 各位 这样的时光最宝贵了 不是吗 |
[10:34] | Just being together, enjoying each other. | 大家聚在一起 享受在一起的时光 |
[10:36] | Nothing else matters. | 没有什么比这更重要了 |
[10:38] | You’re my world. My life. | 你们就是我的世界 我的生命 |
[10:41] | You make me whole. | 你们让我变得完整 |
[10:49] | Sorry. Yeah, um… Sorry about that. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[10:52] | “With you, I feel like I can do anything.” | “有你在 我觉得自己无所不能” |
[10:54] | And then I say, “Drink up, little man.” | 然后我该说 “干杯吧 小男子汉” |
[10:57] | And hopefully baby Archie will cheers, | 希望阿奇宝宝能欢呼 |
[10:59] | knocking over his milk, cuing the Manny to say… | 打翻他的牛奶 这时奶爸会说 |
[11:01] | I got that. | 我来处理 |
[11:05] | That’s why I always bring an extra muscle tee to work. | 所以我来上班总会多带一件紧身衫 |
[11:07] | You never know with this guy. | 你绝对不知道这家伙会干什么 |
[11:09] | Laugh, laugh, laugh, | 大笑 大笑 大笑 |
[11:10] | and cut. Great. | 停 很好 |
[11:13] | Let’s move over to the living room | 我们移步到起居室 |
[11:14] | and we’ll rehearse scene 12. | 排练一下第12幕 |
[11:19] | I think that’s gonna be a really nice moment. | 我觉得那一幕会非常棒 |
[11:22] | Uh, well, th– Yeah, thanks. Hope so. | 是的 谢谢 希望如此 |
[11:24] | Hope so. | 希望如此 |
[11:27] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[11:28] | Yeah, it’s– You know, I just, I feel weird | 还好 我只是觉得对这些娃娃 |
[11:30] | saying all that stuff to these dolls, you know? | 说那些台词很奇怪 你明白吗 |
[11:31] | I-I… | 我 |
[11:33] | I didn’t get to spent any time with my kids today. | 我今天还没时间陪我的孩子 |
[11:36] | Hey, um, some of us are going out after rehearsal. | 我们几个准备排练后出去玩玩 |
[11:41] | You should come. | 你也来吧 |
[11:47] | Okay, there’s four sides: one, two, three. | 这里有四条边 一 二 三 |
[11:53] | – Good job. – Okay, it’s gift time. | -很好 -送礼时间到 |
[11:55] | Babe, I just put Hailey down. | 亲爱的 我刚把海莉哄睡着 |
[11:58] | Okay, it’s gift time. | 好 送礼时间到 |
[12:03] | You want to see what I got for little Jack? | 你想看看我给小杰克买了什么吗 |
[12:04] | – Yeah. – Okay, check this out. | -当然 -好 看看这个 |
[12:06] | It is a beeping football. | 是个会嘟嘟响的橄榄球 |
[12:09] | You turn it on, and it makes a sound. | 你打开 它就会嘟嘟响 |
[12:12] | We can roll it back and forth to each other | 我们可以互相传球 |
[12:13] | and get our Eli Manning on. | 训练我们家的伊莱·曼宁 |
[12:15] | I picked Eli because he’s the cutest Manning, obviously. | 我选择说伊莱 因为他显然是曼宁家最可爱的 |
[12:18] | Listen, this is gonna wind him up, | 听着 这会让他很激动的 |
[12:20] | and he has to go down for his nap before 3:00, | 他三点前要去睡午觉 |
[12:22] | especially if a sitter’s coming tonight. | 尤其是今晚保姆要过来 |
[12:23] | But you can play, you know, when he gets up, okay? | 但他醒来后你们可以玩 好吗 |
[12:26] | – Yeah. Yeah. – And you really don’t have to | -好的 好的 -你真的没必要 |
[12:29] | – come bearing gifts every time. – Okay, all right. | -每次回来都带礼物 -好吧 |
[12:33] | I guess, uh, I guess you don’t want your present, then? | 我猜 你不想要你的礼物了 是吗 |
[12:37] | – Oh, no, I want my present. – Oh, you– | -不 我想要我的礼物 -你 |
[12:38] | Oh, you do. Okay, okay. | 你想要 好的 好的 |
[12:39] | I do. I didn’t know I was getting one. | 我想要 我不知道我也有礼物 |
[12:41] | Um, I know how you’re always so annoyed | 我知道你总是因为 |
[12:43] | about losing the remote control. | 弄丢遥控器而烦心 |
[12:44] | So I picked this up in Chinatown | 所以我去唐人街买了这个 |
[12:47] | so you’ll always know where it is. | 所以你总能知道它在哪 |
[12:50] | Oh. That’s sweet. | 真贴心 |
[12:52] | It’s beautiful. Thank you. | 真好看 谢谢你 |
[12:55] | And I’ve always wanted. | 我一直想要 |
[12:57] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:02] | Babe. | 亲爱的 |
[13:03] | What? | 什么 |
[13:08] | Open the purse. | 打开包 |
[13:10] | The purse is for you to carry tonight. | 包是给你今晚背的 |
[13:12] | And the gift card is for you to get your hair blown up. | 礼品卡是给你去做剪洗吹的 |
[13:15] | – Blown… -Blown-blown down. | -剪洗… -洗吹剪 |
[13:17] | Uh, blown out. | 是洗剪吹 |
[13:19] | While I watch the kids. | 而我来看孩子 |
[13:21] | My Zoom call got canceled, so you go do you. | 我的远程会议取消了 所以你去做你想做的事 |
[13:24] | Go get your hair done. | 去做美发吧 |
[13:25] | Go get your hair done. | 去做美发吧 |
[13:27] | – Okay. – Yeah, listen to the man. | -好 -听小家伙的 |
[13:28] | – Okay. – Okay, I’ll see you boys soon. | -好 -好 晚些见 |
[13:32] | – Thanks, babe. – Oh, you got it. | -谢谢你 亲爱的 -快去吧 |
[13:33] | – You got it. – Yeah. Say, “Bye-bye, Mama.” | -快去吧 -说 “再见 妈妈” |
[13:36] | Bye-bye, Mama. | 再见 妈妈 |
[13:37] | Bye, Sweet Pea. | 再见 小甜豆 |
[13:40] | Oh, babe, do you need me to go over the schedules? | 宝贝 需要我再给你过一遍时间安排吗 |
[13:42] | ‘Cause they change constantly. | 因为经常有变化 |
[13:43] | And he has to be down for his nap by 3:00. | 还有他三点前一定要睡下 |
[13:45] | Kate, they’re my kids, too. | 凯特 我也是当爸的 |
[13:47] | All right? And I think, if you’ll recall, | 好吗 如果你记得 |
[13:49] | I was a pretty good stay-at-home dad myself there for a while. | 我也曾做过一阵称职的全职爸爸 |
[13:52] | So I think I can watch them for an hour. | 所以照顾他们一小时没问题 |
[13:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:56] | Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[13:58] | – Love you. – Love you, too. | -爱你 -我也爱你 |
[13:59] | – Thank you. – Say, “I love you, Mama.” | -谢谢 -说 “我爱你 妈妈” |
[14:00] | – Bye, boys. – Love you. | -再见 小伙子们 -爱你 |
[14:02] | Okay, Deja. | 好的 黛佳 |
[14:04] | Welcome to the Randall Pearson School of Driving. | 欢迎来到兰德尔·皮尔森驾校 |
[14:07] | I’ll be your instructor Randall Pearson. | 我是你的教练兰德尔·皮尔森 |
[14:09] | Allow me to put on some background music | 在为你介绍车辆的安全特性时 |
[14:10] | as I talk you through some of the safety features of the vehicle. | 请允许我播放几首背景音乐 |
[14:13] | Okay, I can’t do this if we’re gonna listen to your old man music. | 好吧 如果要听你的老头音乐 我就不干了 |
[14:18] | “Old man music”? | “老头音乐” |
[14:19] | That… that’s hurtful. | 真…真是伤人 |
[14:21] | To my ears. | 伤的是我耳朵 |
[14:26] | It’s good speed. | 速度不错 |
[14:27] | Make sure you keep that distance | 确保你与前车 |
[14:28] | between you and the car in front of you. | 保持安全车距 |
[14:30] | – Got it. Thanks. – You’re doing great, Dej. | -好的 谢谢 -你开得很好 小黛 |
[14:36] | Glad we finally found time to do this. | 很高兴我们终于抽出时间来练车了 |
[14:38] | Haven’t had a lot of time to talk lately. | 最近都没什么时间聊天 |
[14:41] | So, how’s school going? | 最近学校怎么样 |
[14:44] | Fine. | 还行 |
[14:45] | – You know Ms. McNamara? – Your chemistry teacher? | -你知道麦克纳马拉女士吗 -你的化学老师吗 |
[14:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:48] | Well, she’s getting into stand-up comedy. | 她最近在说单口相声 |
[14:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:52] | And she tries out her jokes on us. | 而且她会给我们试讲段子 |
[14:56] | But, like, bad ones. | 不过 都是冷笑话 |
[15:00] | Like, “Why can you never trust atoms?” | 比如 “你为什么没法信任原子” |
[15:03] | Because they make up everything. | 因为它们胡编乱造[组成了万物] |
[15:08] | You are worse than Ms. McNamara. | 你真是比麦克纳马拉女士还冷 |
[15:11] | Oh, man. | 不是吧 |
[15:13] | All right, look, we’re about to merge. | 好了 我们要并线了 |
[15:15] | So, uh, put on your signal… | 所以 打开转向灯… |
[15:19] | and check your mirrors. | 检查后视镜 |
[15:21] | And when you feel like you got space, go for it. | 等感觉距离足够时 就并线吧 |
[15:26] | Message from Malik. | 来自马利克的信息 |
[15:27] | Watch the merge, Deja. | 小心并线 黛佳 |
[15:29] | Can’t stop thinking about last weekend. | 忍不住一直在想上周末 |
[15:32] | Wish you were here now. | 真希望你在我身边 |
[15:34] | Hands on the wheel, Deja. | 扶好方向盘 黛佳 |
[15:35] | Can’t really sleep. | 我无法入睡 |
[15:37] | The bed feels too big without you. | 没有你的床铺太空旷了 |
[15:39] | Ready to reply? | 现在回复吗 |
[15:52] | She took a six-hour bus ride four states away, | 她坐了六小时大巴横跨了四个州 |
[15:54] | and we had no idea. | 而我们却不知道 |
[15:56] | – What if something happened? – Let’s kill her. | -如果出事了怎么办 -我们杀了她吧 |
[15:58] | Let’s dig a hole in the backyard and bury her in it. | 在后院挖个坑把她给埋了 |
[16:00] | And it’s not just how dangerous it could have been, Beth. | 而且不只是可能多危险的问题 贝丝 |
[16:03] | It’s the lying. | 说谎才是关键 |
[16:05] | And it wasn’t just one lie, she lied right to our faces. | 也不是一个谎的问题 她当着我们面撒谎 |
[16:08] | Right to our faces. | 当着我们面 |
[16:10] | Okay, hold up. | 好了 稍等 |
[16:12] | I feel like we need to pick | 感觉我们得选出 |
[16:13] | which one of us is gonna unravel here | 谁唱白脸大发雷霆 |
[16:15] | and which one of us is gonna stay cool. | 谁唱红脸保持冷静 |
[16:16] | I’m already pacing, Beth. I’m up. | 我已经在走来走去了 贝丝 我唱白脸 |
[16:18] | Okay, fine, I’ll stay cool. | 好吧 那好 我唱红脸 |
[16:20] | She is grounded. | 她必得禁足 |
[16:22] | Phone, gone. | 手机 没收 |
[16:24] | Food, maybe. | 食物 看着给 |
[16:25] | And she is forbidden from seeing Malik for forever. | 而且她永远不能再去见马利克 |
[16:28] | Can we put her back on Zoom school? | 我们要让她再开始上网课吗 |
[16:29] | I feel like that’s kind of punishing ourselves, | 我感觉那其实是在惩罚我们自己 |
[16:31] | – so I want to hold off… – We need to make an example | -要不先算了… -我们要用她 |
[16:32] | of her for Tess and for Annie. | 来警示苔丝和安妮 |
[16:34] | Maybe we should ground them all just to get ahead of it. | 要不我们提前把她们都禁足了吧 |
[16:38] | Randall, you’re so hot, I’m gonna need an ice bath. | 兰德尔 你火气太大了 我得洗个冰水澡了 |
[16:40] | So why don’t I go talk to her? | 要不我去跟她聊聊 |
[16:42] | Why, Beth? So she can lie some more? | 为什么 贝丝 让她撒更多谎吗 |
[16:46] | You know what? I’m too hot. | 你知道吗 我确实很火大 |
[16:47] | I’m too hot ri– I-I’m-a go for a run. | 我太火… 我去跑个步 |
[16:49] | – That’s what I’m-a… – That’s a good plan. | -那样我才能… -好主意 |
[16:53] | I know, my little immigrant. | 我知道 我的小移民 |
[16:56] | You want to find your family. | 你想找到你的家人 |
[16:59] | – And you will. – But how? | -一定会的 -要怎么做呢 |
[17:02] | It’s so far away and it’s so big. | 距离那么远 又那么大 |
[17:06] | I’ll never find them anyway. | 不论怎样 我永远找不到他们了 |
[17:08] | – Where are you going? – This movie’s dumb. | -你要去哪 -这电影太傻了 |
[17:11] | But did you say “never”? | 你刚才说”永不”吗 |
[17:14] | So young and you have lost hope. | 你这么年轻 却失去了希望 |
[17:17] | Oh, this is America. | 这里是美国 |
[17:19] | You can just keep it open. | 都算在我账上 |
[17:21] | I swear, this is not why I invited you. | 我发誓 这不是我邀请你的目的 |
[17:23] | But if Dad’s buying, let’s order shots. | 但如果爸爸买单 我们点炮弹酒吧 |
[17:25] | – You guys want some shots? – Heck, yeah. | -你们想喝炮弹酒吗 -当然 |
[17:28] | Can we get six shots of tequila? | 我们要六杯龙舌兰好吗 |
[17:30] | Thank you. To Kevin. | 谢谢 敬凯文 |
[17:32] | – Cheers. – Kevin. | -干杯 -凯文 |
[17:34] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:38] | It’s so impressive | 你真厉害 |
[17:40] | how you can be around people and not drink. | 能做到在这种环境不喝酒 |
[17:43] | you know, I-I… I’m better off without it, trust me. It’s… | 我不喝酒比较好 相信我 |
[17:48] | Should you be drinking, though, honestly? | 不过你能喝酒吗 |
[17:49] | I mean, aren’t you, like, 17 years old? | 你不是才17岁吗 |
[17:51] | I’m 25. I just look young. | 我25了 我只是看着年轻 |
[17:55] | That’s great. | 挺好的 |
[17:57] | I was thinking that, maybe after this, | 我在想 也许等结束后 |
[17:59] | we could go check out White Sea at The Echo. | 我们可以去回声酒吧看白海演出 |
[18:01] | Do you know her? | 你知道她吗 |
[18:02] | She used to be the keyboardist for M83. | 她曾经是M83乐队的键盘手 |
[18:05] | I don’t think I do know her. | 我应该不认识她 |
[18:07] | I’m not sure | 而且 |
[18:09] | anything that you just said was English, actually. | 你刚才说的那一串我都没听懂 |
[18:11] | Give me your phone. I’ll show you a clip. | 把你手机给我 我给你看个视频 |
[18:15] | Here you go. | 你看 |
[18:21] | 艾希莉 310-555-0155 给我发消息 我们晚点一起玩 月亮不睡我不睡:) | |
[18:23] | 麦迪逊 附件 一个图像 | |
[18:25] | Excu-uh, excuse me. | 稍等一下 |
[18:28] | Hey, Kevin, look at this. | 嘿小凯 看看这个 |
[18:30] | One, two, one, two. | 一 二 一 二 |
[18:35] | Franny, walk to Mama. Walk to Mama. | 弗兰妮 到妈妈这儿来 到妈妈这儿来 |
[18:37] | Come here. | 来这里 |
[18:42] | Oh, this is… | 天啊这也太 |
[18:44] | You know, I can’t– uh, I-I got to go. | 我有点事 我先走了 |
[18:46] | I’ll be ba– I’m not, I’m probably not gonna come back. | 我一会… 算了 我应该不会回来了 |
[18:48] | – What? – I-just-just keep it open. | -什么 -你们接着喝 |
[18:51] | Okay, so usually he’s in his jammies by now, | 好吧 平常这个点他都穿上睡衣了 |
[18:53] | but, uh, he’s a little off-schedule today, so… | 但是 今天有点偏离进度 |
[18:56] | That’s okay. We can get you into your jammies, right, Jack? | 没关系 我可以帮你穿睡衣 对吧杰克 |
[18:59] | How old is McKenna? | 麦肯娜多大了 |
[19:01] | Looks like she just turned 12. | 她看起来才刚过12 |
[19:03] | 17-ish? | 17岁 差不多 |
[19:05] | She’s been really great this past month, and she is, | 过去一个月她表现得非常好 |
[19:08] | honestly, amazing. | 可以说是太棒了 |
[19:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:11] | Although the kids are usually asleep. | 不过孩子们通常都是睡着的 |
[19:13] | No! | 不 |
[19:14] | Sorry, he’s cranky. He didn’t have his nap. | 抱歉 他有点暴躁 他白天没睡觉 |
[19:16] | ‘Cause his dad bought him a new toy and… | 因为他爸爸给他买了个新玩具 |
[19:19] | which he loves. | 他很喜欢 |
[19:20] | It’s a football that beeps. | 一个会响的橄榄球 |
[19:22] | And he loves it. | 他很喜欢 |
[19:23] | and he had to play with it, right, | 所以他就很想玩 |
[19:24] | – ’cause it started beeping and… – No! | -因为球球响个不停 -不 |
[19:28] | – Okay. I’ll get it. I’ll get it. – Oh, uh, sorry. | -我来弄 我来弄 -对不起 |
[19:29] | – No. – I’ll get it. I got it, I got it. | -不用 -我来弄 我来 |
[19:32] | Great, well, now I’m gonna be worried | 这下我们去看演奏会的时候 |
[19:33] | about him when we’re at the recital. | 我肯定会一直很担心他 |
[19:35] | Kate, you just need, you need to relax. Okay? | 凯特 听我的 你先放松 好吗 |
[19:37] | Really? What you needed to do | 那你为什么不听我的 |
[19:38] | was put him to bed at 3:00 like I asked you to. | 让他在3点前上床睡觉 |
[19:41] | I-I’m sure we-we’re gonna be fine. | 我觉得一切都会没事的 |
[19:43] | I’m sure that we’re gonna be late. | 我觉得我们会迟到的 |
[19:44] | You know what? Here, why don’t you just go ahead– | 这样吧 要不你直接去 |
[19:46] | here’s that and here’s this– | 车钥匙和东西给你 |
[19:49] | and I’ll just stay here and make sure that Jack goes down, okay? | 我就留在家里哄杰克睡觉 好吗 |
[19:52] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:53] | I’m gonna grab my bag. | 我去拿包 |
[19:56] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:58] | So, I’ll just go alone? | 所以我要一个人去吗 |
[20:00] | Kate, I know you worked hard on this. You should be there. | 凯特 我知道你准备了很久 你应该去 |
[20:03] | I’ll just, I’ll-I’ll catch the next one, I guess. | 我就…下次再去吧 我猜 |
[20:07] | You want some chicken? | 想吃鸡肉吗 |
[20:08] | – Yes. – Yeah, okay, here you go. | -嗯 -好 给你肉肉 |
[20:10] | There you go. See? We’re doing great. | 给你 看 我们相处得多好 |
[20:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:19] | How’d you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[20:27] | Get me that mouse! | 快抓住那老鼠 |
[20:29] | Where’s your brother? | 你们哥哥呢 |
[20:30] | – He left. – What do you mean, he left? When? | -他走了 -什么叫他走了 什么时候 |
[20:32] | Get your coats. Come on, let’s go. | 拿上外套 我们走 |
[20:34] | Come on. Come on, let’s go. Let’s go. | 快点 赶紧 走了走了 |
[20:42] | Come here, come here. Kevin? | 这边 凯文 |
[20:45] | Hey, excuse me, hey. Have you, have you seen | 你好 打扰一下 你有见过一个 |
[20:46] | a little blond boy a-about the same height as the two of them? | 跟他们俩差不多高的金发男孩吗 |
[20:49] | I think I saw him go out the mall about an hour ago, | 好像一个小时前看他出了商场 |
[20:53] | – but I’m also incredibly stoned. – Go, go. | -但是我也有点神志不清 -走走走 |
[20:55] | – So, yeah. – Come on, come on. Come on. | -所以 -快走快走 |
[21:08] | Hi. What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[21:12] | He went to the food court looking for free samples | 他去美食广场找免费试吃品 |
[21:15] | and got a little turned around | 结果找不着路了 |
[21:16] | and they found him crying outside of Spencer Gifts. | 最后被人发现在斯宾塞礼品店门口哭 |
[21:22] | I-I don’t understand. How did they know who to call? | 我不明白 他们怎么知道要打给我们 |
[21:30] | You got to be kidding me. | 你也太厉害了吧 |
[21:32] | You guys want to go home? | 你们想回家吗 |
[21:34] | All right, let’s do it. | 好吧 我们回家 |
[21:36] | – How was the movie? – Half of it was good. | -电影怎么样 -前半部分还不错 |
[21:38] | Yeah, ’cause we only watched half of it. | 没错 因为我们只看了前半部分 |
[21:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:41] | Great job. Have a good night. | 做得很好 晚安 |
[21:45] | Ellie, that was amazing. | 艾莉 刚才真是太精彩了 |
[21:47] | We should have always used you on alto. | 我们就该一直让你唱女低音的 |
[21:49] | – Thanks, Miss Kate. – You’re welcome. Good night. | -谢谢 凯特老师 -不客气 晚安 |
[21:52] | – Good night. – Kate. Kate. | -晚安 -凯特 凯特 |
[21:55] | I’d have to say, | 我不得不说 |
[21:56] | that was one of the most successful recitals ever. | 今晚真是有史以来最成功的演奏会 |
[21:59] | But in-in fairness, | 不过平心而论 |
[22:01] | parents rarely boo their blind children. | 父母很少会对自家失明的孩子喝倒彩 |
[22:07] | I, I thought I was finally gonna meet the, uh, the famous Toby. | 我还以为终于能见到大名鼎鼎的托比了 |
[22:12] | Yeah, he had to stay home with the kids. | 他待在家陪孩子们了 |
[22:14] | Kids are the worst. | 孩子最麻烦了 |
[22:15] | That’s why I try to never be around them ever. | 所以我尽量不待在他们身边 |
[22:17] | Good job, Alyssa. Well done. | 干得好 艾丽莎 你真棒 |
[22:18] | – Thank you. – Okay. Night night. | -谢谢 -不客气 晚安 |
[22:21] | You know, it’s not the kids’ fault. | 也不是孩子的错 |
[22:22] | It’s really not anyone’s fault, um, but… | 其实不是任何人的错 但… |
[22:26] | – You probably don’t want to hear about it, so… – Not really. | -你可能不想听 -不太想 |
[22:28] | It’s just that we had this stupid argument, | 我们因为孩子的日程安排 |
[22:31] | you know, about the kids’ schedules, and it just sucks | 争吵了几句 我感觉这样很不好 |
[22:33] | because he’s only here for the weekend. | 因为他只在家待一个周末 |
[22:36] | It’s not a big deal. | 算了没关系 |
[22:37] | And I certainly should not be talking about it at work. | 而且我也不该在工作中提这个 |
[22:41] | My wife and I had a stupid fight that went on for years. | 我和我老婆曾经为一件小事争吵了很多年 |
[22:45] | Bath towels. | 就是浴巾 |
[22:47] | She would never hang them up. It made me crazy. | 她从来不把浴巾挂起来 我都要疯了 |
[22:50] | And every day I’d go to work and I’d start my class | 每天我上班 上课第一件事 |
[22:53] | by announcing whether or not she hung up her towel. | 就是播报她有没有挂浴巾 |
[22:57] | And then, one day, I just, um, | 然后 有一天 我… |
[23:00] | I stopped giving the report, because it became pretty obvious that | 我不再播报这件事了 因为很显然 |
[23:05] | we had problems that were much bigger than bath towels. | 我们之间出现了比浴巾更严重的问题 |
[23:10] | It-it wasn’t really an anecdote I wanted to share anymore. | 所以我就不愿意再分享浴巾的事了 |
[23:15] | So, as annoying as it is | 所以 尽管我不想听 |
[23:16] | that you told me about your stupid fight with your husband, | 你和你丈夫发生了什么愚蠢争吵 |
[23:19] | just, uh, take it as a good sign | 但这也是个好现象 |
[23:22] | that you’re still talking about it. | 毕竟你还在跟人分享这件事 |
[23:25] | All right, I got to go lock up. | 好了 我得去锁门了 |
[24:15] | Where is she? Where’s our little Allyson Felix? | 她人呢 咱家小埃里森·菲利克斯呢 |
[24:17] | You know what I was gonna do, I was gonna stop by, | 你知道我本来怎么打算的吗 |
[24:18] | I was gonna get some running shoes before I came over here. | 我打算来之前顺便买几双跑鞋 |
[24:20] | I thought that’d be kind of funny, but then I got so excited, | 我觉得挺好玩的 但后来我太激动了 |
[24:22] | I thought, “No, just go on by and see where she is.” | 就想 “算了 就直接去看看她吧” |
[24:23] | You blink, you miss her. | 一眨眼 可能就找不着了 |
[24:24] | Where’d she go? Where is she? | 她去哪了 她在哪里 |
[24:26] | What are you, what are you doing here? | 你… 你来这里干什么 |
[24:28] | I came to see Franny walk. | 我来看弗兰妮走路啊 |
[24:30] | It’s 7:30. She’s asleep. | 现在是7点半 她已经睡着了 |
[24:34] | Okay, but y– I mean, you couldn’t have kept her up | 好吧 但… 你就不能让她晚点再睡吗 |
[24:35] | for, like, another 20 minutes? | 就晚个20分钟 |
[24:37] | Kevin, come on, I can’t change their sleep schedule | 凯文 拜托 不能每次他们做了点小事 |
[24:39] | every time they do something. | 我就改变他们的睡觉时间吧 |
[24:41] | Someth– This isn’t something. | 天啊 这可不是小事 |
[24:42] | She, she propelled her body | 她…她以直立的姿势 |
[24:44] | in a forward motion in an upright manner. | 推动她的身体向前行走 |
[24:45] | This is not something. This is a major milestone. | 这不是小事 这是重大里程碑 |
[24:48] | This is huge. | 这是大事件 |
[24:49] | There will be a million major milestones. | 以后会有无数个重大里程碑 |
[24:52] | We’re not gonna be there for every one of them. | 我们不可能每次都陪着他们 |
[24:57] | You mean I’m not gonna be there for every one of them. | 你意思是我不可能每次都陪着他们 |
[24:59] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[25:00] | Madison, I took this stupid job so that I could be close | 麦迪逊 我接这份愚蠢的工作 |
[25:02] | to my kids so I could see ’em all the time. | 就是为了能离孩子们近点 随时见面 |
[25:04] | It turns out, I can’t. | 但结果却是 我不能 |
[25:05] | What are you talking about? You were here this morning. | 你在说什么 你今早不是还来了 |
[25:08] | You’re gonna be back here again tomorrow morning. | 而你明早又会过来 |
[25:09] | She will live to walk another day. | 她明天也还是会走路 |
[25:11] | Yeah, and it won’t be the same. | 对 但那就不一样了 |
[25:12] | It won’t be the– You know, this sucks. | 不一样的 这感觉糟透了 |
[25:14] | You know, it’s like you get all of the firsts, right? | 你总是能见证所有的第一次 对吧 |
[25:17] | And then I’m supposed to, what, uh, just cling desperately | 可我呢 我就只能可怜巴巴捧着手机 |
[25:19] | to my phone, j-just hoping for a text from you. | 盼望着你能发来一条信息 |
[25:22] | I immediately sent you a text. | 我立刻就给你发信息了 |
[25:24] | You sent me a video, well, thank you very much, | 你给我发了视频 是的 真是谢谢你 |
[25:25] | I feel so connected to my children. | 我感觉无比靠近他们呀 |
[25:27] | Look, I am sorry that you are feeling feelings | 好了 我很遗憾你现在经历着一些情绪 |
[25:31] | or whatever you’re doing right now, | 或者是别的什么东西 |
[25:32] | but this is not a picnic for me, okay? | 但我也不轻松 好吗 |
[25:34] | Yes, Franny walked today, and it was adorable, | 没错 弗兰妮今天学会走了 很可爱 |
[25:37] | and I am genuinely sorry that you missed that. | 我也真的很遗憾你错过了那一刻 |
[25:41] | But an hour before that, Nick barfed all over me | 但一小时前 我刚想好好 |
[25:42] | while I was trying to wolf down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, | 吃个花生果酱三明治 尼克直接吐了我一身 |
[25:45] | and now I have to somehow clean it out of my hair | 现在我得在以利亚来之前 |
[25:47] | before Elijah comes over so that I don’t seem revolting | 把头发清理干净 否则我会看起来很恶心 |
[25:50] | and end up alone forever. | 然后孤独终老 |
[25:52] | Clean the baby vomit out of my hair, not the peanut butter. | 清理头发上的婴儿呕吐物 不是花生酱 |
[25:56] | Although I think I also have peanut butter in my hair. | 虽然我觉得头发上好像也有花生酱 |
[26:06] | I… I know how badly you want to be in their lives. | 我知道你有多想融入他们的生活 |
[26:11] | And you will be, but we’re not together. | 你会做到的 但我们毕竟不在一起 |
[26:17] | And so that means that sometimes | 这就意味着 有时候 |
[26:18] | one of us is gonna feel left out. | 总有一方会觉得被忽略了 |
[26:31] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, you’re right. | 对不起 你说得对 |
[26:37] | Can you do me a favor, when she wakes up, | 你能帮我个忙吗 她醒来后 |
[26:39] | will you tell her that her dad came by? | 你能不能告诉她 她爸爸来过 |
[26:44] | Tell her that I’m proud of her? | 告诉她 我为她自豪 |
[26:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:04] | All is well. Kevin is happily playing with his Legos, | 风平浪静 凯文在高兴地玩他的乐高 |
[27:07] | not a care in the world. | 无忧无虑 |
[27:11] | You wrote our phone number inside his shoe. | 你在他鞋面里写了我们的电话号码 |
[27:14] | Thank God they have you. | 幸好他们有你 |
[27:16] | Okay, it’s time to forgive yourself. He’s fine. | 好了 你该原谅自己了 他没事 |
[27:21] | I just, I wanted them to have a great day. | 我本想让他们度过美好的一天 |
[27:25] | You know? Our kids are old enough | 孩子们现在长大了 |
[27:27] | to start making memories now, Bec. | 能开始形成记忆了 小贝 |
[27:29] | Like, important stuff, real stuff | 他们会开始记住重要的事 |
[27:32] | they’re gonna remember for the rest of their lives. | 记住真实的事 然后铭记一生 |
[27:35] | And now, every time Kevin thinks about that first movie he saw, | 可是现在 每当凯文想起他看的第一部电影 |
[27:40] | he’s just gonna think about a day he was traumatized. | 他只会想到他那天受到了精神创伤 |
[27:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:48] | Let me tell you about our trip to the park yesterday. | 我跟你说说我们昨天去公园的事 |
[27:51] | All the kids wanted to do was ride the rocket slide, | 孩子们都想去坐火箭滑梯 |
[27:54] | but it was closed. | 结果没开放 |
[27:55] | And Kate had to pee, but there was no bathroom, | 凯特要尿尿 但是我们找不到厕所 |
[27:58] | and Kevin and Randall were fighting over the last Capri Sun. | 凯文和兰德尔在抢最后一盒果倍爽 |
[28:01] | It was a mess. | 乱成一团 |
[28:03] | We got to the car and everybody was crying, myself included. | 回到车上 所有人都在哭 我也是 |
[28:07] | And just when I thought it was the worst day ever, um, | 正当我觉得这是最糟糕的一天时 |
[28:12] | a ladybug landed on the dashboard. | 一只瓢虫飞到了仪表板上 |
[28:16] | And Kevin tells us it’s good luck. | 凯文说这是好运的预兆 |
[28:19] | And Randall says that ladybugs have two sets of wings. | 兰德尔说瓢虫有两对翅膀 |
[28:24] | And Kate decided to name it. | 凯特决定给它起个名字 |
[28:28] | – Linda. – Linda the Ladybug. | -琳达 -瓢虫琳达 |
[28:30] | So, when I was tucking them in last night, | 等到我昨晚哄他们睡觉时 |
[28:33] | that’s what they remember from the day. | 这才是他们一天中记忆最深的事 |
[28:36] | Not the crying, not the Capri Suns, but Linda the Ladybug. | 不是哭 不是抢果倍爽 而是瓢虫琳达 |
[28:42] | Until a day is over, there’s always a chance | 只要一天还没结束 我们就还有机会 |
[28:45] | you’ll remember it for something else. | 改变关于这一天的记忆 |
[29:04] | All right, Beth. Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 贝丝 我们接下来这么办 |
[29:06] | We’re not gonna be able to ground this out of her, Randall. | 禁足是阻止不了她的 兰德尔 |
[29:10] | That girl is completely in love. | 那孩子完全处于热恋中 |
[29:12] | Doesn’t give her an excuse. | 那不是借口 |
[29:13] | It’s like how you and I felt at the beginning. | 我们两个人最初也是这种感觉 |
[29:15] | If somebody would have told us | 如果当时有人告诉我们 |
[29:16] | we couldn’t see each other for months, | 接下来几个月都见不到对方 |
[29:18] | we would have found a way. | 我们也会想方设法的 |
[29:19] | So what are you saying, Beth? | 你是什么意思呢 贝丝 |
[29:20] | That, because she’s in love, | 她在热恋 |
[29:21] | there shouldn’t be any consequences? | 就不应该承担后果了 |
[29:22] | Oh, no, there’s gonna be consequences. | 不 她肯定要承担后果 |
[29:24] | Like, she’s not gonna see this again | 她在苹果30发布出来之前 |
[29:25] | until they come out with the iPhone 30. | 都别想碰手机了 |
[29:27] | – Okay. – But… | -可以 -但是 |
[29:29] | this isn’t just about what happened last weekend. | 上周末的事本身还不是最重要的 |
[29:32] | This is… | 重要的是 |
[29:35] | We thought our daughter was a child, | 我们以为我们的女儿还是个孩子 |
[29:38] | playing Candy Land, | 还在玩《糖果乐园》 |
[29:40] | but she’s out here playing The Game of Life, | 但她已经开始《人生之旅》了 |
[29:43] | and we have to adjust. | 我们必须适应 |
[29:51] | Randall, take a big sip of my wine. | 兰德尔 喝一大口我的酒 |
[29:52] | I don’t want a big sip of your wine. | 我不想喝一大口你的酒 |
[29:54] | – I just ran for five miles. – Drink the wine. | -我刚跑完五英里 -喝就对了 |
[30:01] | I’m taking Deja to get birth control. | 我要带黛佳去买避孕药 |
[30:22] | I was trying to sneak in undetected in case, you know, | 我本打算神不知鬼不觉地溜进来 防止你们 |
[30:25] | “Grown-up time” was still going on. | 还在进行”成人交流” |
[30:27] | Which is-is kind of “Gross,” You know, I keep saying “It” | 说起来还挺恶心 我一直这么表述 |
[30:30] | because you’re married to my “Sister.” | 是因为你娶的是我老妹 |
[30:33] | – Why are you doing that? – I– You know, I-I’m so tired, man, | -你干嘛这个样子 -我真是…. 我太累了 |
[30:37] | I-I don’t even– I can’t, you know… | 我都没办法 算了… |
[30:39] | Well, you don’t have to worry about it, | 你不用担心 |
[30:41] | ’cause grown-up time was a bust. | 成人交流计划泡汤了 |
[30:44] | Kate went to the recital all by herself. | 凯特自己去了演奏会 |
[30:46] | I literally just got both kids down for the night. | 我刚刚才把两个孩子哄睡着 |
[30:49] | Which, it turns out, is a nightmare | 整个过程 堪比噩梦 |
[30:51] | when the nap schedule is all out of whack. | 因为我打乱了他们的午觉时间 |
[30:53] | Ooh, yeah, no, you don’t want to mess with the nap schedule. | 是的 绝对不要把午觉时间打乱 |
[30:55] | So I hear. | 我听说了 |
[30:58] | What’s all this? You, uh, you taking off tomorrow? | 这些是什么情况 你明天要飞走吗 |
[31:01] | Yep. Bright and early, | 对 大清早就走 |
[31:03] | so I can make it in time for the 9:00 a.m. staff meeting. | 这样才能赶上九点的员工会议 |
[31:08] | Yeah, at least you have an excuse, you know? | 你好歹还有个借口 不是吗 |
[31:10] | I live in the same city as my kids, I feel like a… | 我跟我的孩子同在一个城市 我却像个 |
[31:14] | a stranger, so… | 陌生人 |
[31:18] | You know, when I first found out I was gonna be a dad, | 当我刚知道我要当爸爸了的时候 |
[31:21] | I kept trying to picture it, you know, in my head. | 我在脑子里做出了各种想象 |
[31:25] | And the image that kept popping into my mind was, uh, | 我脑海里总是闪现的一个画面是 |
[31:31] | family dinner, dinner table, you know? | 一家人吃饭 大饭桌 你明白吗 |
[31:33] | Mom, dad, couple of kids. | 妈妈 爸爸 孩子们 |
[31:39] | This was gonna be us. | 这个就是我们 |
[31:41] | Me, Madison, the two kids. | 我 麦迪逊 两个孩子 |
[31:43] | Square, you know? A solid… unit. | 四方形 你明白吗 稳稳的一组人 |
[31:47] | Well, for what it’s worth, | 说点个人意见 |
[31:48] | that dinner table isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. | 那张饭桌没有你想象的那么好 |
[31:51] | I sat through plenty of dinners with my parents, | 我跟我爸妈吃了很多顿饭 |
[31:53] | who clearly couldn’t stand each other. | 但他们无法忍受彼此 |
[31:55] | I think kids would much rather have parents that are happy | 我觉得孩子们更希望拥有幸福的父母 |
[32:00] | than parents who are together. | 而不只是在一起而已 |
[32:02] | Yeah, but I’m not happy. | 是啊 但我并不幸福 |
[32:09] | You know, it’s funny, when… when we’re kids, | 说来有趣 当我们还小的时候 |
[32:15] | we always, we build houses that are, uh, square, | 我们总是搭四方形的房子 |
[32:21] | because we think… | 因为我们觉得 |
[32:23] | that that is the strongest shape that there is. | 这就是最牢固的形状 |
[32:29] | But, turns out… | 但事实是 |
[32:36] | …A triangle is the strongest shape in nature. | 三角形才是自然中最牢固的形状 |
[32:40] | Strong base. | 基底坚实 |
[32:42] | It’s capable of holding infinitely more weight… | 能够承担远远更多的重量 |
[32:47] | It is the most stable shape that there is. | 这才是最稳固的形状 |
[32:57] | See? | 看到没 |
[32:59] | So maybe you should just stop thinking of your family as a square | 也许你不该想象你的家庭是正方形 |
[33:02] | and start thinking of it as, you know, | 而应该把它想象成 |
[33:06] | you, Nick, Franny. | 你 尼克 弗兰妮 |
[33:11] | A triangle. | 一个三角形 |
[33:15] | The hell are you talking about right now, man? | 你在说什么胡话呢 |
[33:19] | I don’t, I don’t know. I have no idea. | 我不知道 我真不知道 |
[33:21] | I thought I was gonna be having sex with your sister tonight. | 我本以为今晚能跟你老妹滚床单呢 |
[33:24] | Oh, come on, man. | 放过我吧 |
[34:36] | Listen, I already apologized to Beth. Please… | 我已经跟贝丝道歉了 拜托你 |
[34:40] | don’t make me have this conversation with you. | 别让我跟你再说一次同样的话 |
[34:47] | You know, today, when I saw you | 其实今天 我看着你 |
[34:48] | behind the wheel of that car, I thought… | 坐在车上手握方向盘 我心想 |
[34:53] | “She looks ridiculous. | “她看起来太好笑了 |
[34:56] | She’s way too young to be driving.” | 她还这么小 不应该开车的” |
[35:01] | Because, to me… | 因为对我来说 |
[35:09] | …you look exactly like the little girl | 你还是当年那个小女孩 |
[35:11] | who came to my doorstep with everything she had in the world | 那个把全部家当装进一个包里 |
[35:14] | tucked into one bag. | 来到我家门前的小女孩 |
[35:19] | Now, rationally, of course, | 理智上我当然知道 |
[35:22] | I knew that this little girl had already grown up quite a bit. | 这个小姑娘已经长大了很多 |
[35:27] | And I knew that the rest of the growing up was still coming. | 而且我知道她的成长还远远没有结束 |
[35:31] | I just didn’t realize that it would come so quickly. | 我只是没想到你会长大得这么快 |
[35:36] | And maybe that’s why I’m having a hard time with this. | 也许这才是我难以接受这一切的原因 |
[35:42] | ‘Cause I missed the first 12 years of your life, | 因为我错过了你人生的前十二年 |
[35:46] | and I guess now I’m just trying to stall for time. | 所以我现在才那么想让时间停住 |
[35:53] | To hold on to that very particular version of my Deja. | 可以保有此时此刻只属于我的黛佳 |
[36:02] | So… if you would be so kind, | 所以拜托善良贴心的你 |
[36:07] | please be patient with me as I wrap my head | 给我一点时间 让我慢慢适应 |
[36:12] | around this new, beautiful, grown-up you. | 眼前这个全新的 美丽的 成熟的你 |
[36:32] | That being said, | 话虽如此 |
[36:35] | you are still a junior in high school, | 你现在还只是一个高一学生 |
[36:39] | and you will not be going to visit your boyfriend | 所以近期之内你休想再去波士顿 |
[36:41] | in Boston again anytime soon. | 探望你的男朋友 |
[36:51] | Well, that’s going to be a problem. | 那可能有点问题 |
[37:42] | Why are you calling me in the middle of the night? | 你半夜打给我有什么事吗 |
[37:48] | Because I’m sleeping on my sister’s couch | 因为哪怕我买得起豪华别墅 |
[37:50] | even though I have enough money to buy a big, fancy house, | 我还是睡在我妹家的沙发上 |
[37:53] | and because, Cassidy, I… | 卡西迪 还因为 |
[37:57] | …was about to call my 25-year-old costar | 我差一点就要打给25岁的同组演员约炮 |
[38:00] | who plays my stepdaughter for a booty call, | 她在剧里扮演我继女 |
[38:02] | and you live across the country and you were born before Y2K | 而你住在国家的另一边 还出生在千禧年之前 |
[38:06] | and I figured you were the better option. | 所以我觉得你会是更好的选择 |
[38:09] | You really know how to flatter a girl. | 你还真是会讨好女生 |
[38:28] | So, I went to Menchie’s | 我去了蒙氏冻酸奶店 |
[38:30] | and did the whole tornado yogurt thing myself. | 自己尝遍了那些酸奶口味 |
[38:32] | And, yeah, I got some severe looks from Darcy | 当然 柜台后面的达西瞪了我好几眼 |
[38:35] | behind the counter, but I don’t care. | 但我根本不在乎 |
[38:41] | It is really tough with-without you here. | 你不在我身边 真的很难熬 |
[38:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:54] | Listen, you-you know our kids way better than I do right now. | 你现在确实比我更了解孩子们 |
[38:57] | That’s just the truth, and I should be following your lead. | 这是事实 所以我应该听你指挥 |
[39:05] | Now, I know I don’t need to buy any more presents, | 虽然我知道我不需要再买任何礼物了 |
[39:08] | but I want to get one more thing, and it’s for all of us. | 但我还是想给你一个礼物 是给我们所有人的 |
[39:12] | Can I show you? | 可以给你看看吗 |
[39:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:15] | – Let me show you. Okay. – Okay. Okay, okay, okay. | -我给你看看 -好的好的 来吧 |
[39:21] | All right. | 来了 |
[39:23] | All right. | 你看 |
[39:25] | – We already have a grill. – Au contraire, mon frare. | -我们已经有烤架了 -你误会了 我的朋友 |
[39:27] | This is no mere grill. | 这可不仅仅是烤架 |
[39:30] | This is a smoker. This is the Big Green Egg. | 这是一个烧烤炉 这可是大绿蛋[烧烤炉品牌] |
[39:33] | This smoker will outlast time, global warming, | 这种烧烤炉经久耐用 无惧全球变暖 |
[39:36] | and all the other awful things coming our way. | 任何未来可能发生的糟心事都难不倒它 |
[39:38] | Look, Kate, | 凯特 听我说 |
[39:40] | I don’t want all of our memories of this time | 我不希望我们对这段时间的记忆 |
[39:42] | to be about us being apart. | 全部都是我们分隔两地 |
[39:44] | So let’s make some memories of us being together. | 我们可以制造一些全家团聚的记忆 |
[39:50] | Let’s have big old cookouts and let’s eat food | 比如来一场大型露天烧烤 大快朵颐 |
[39:52] | that took me, like, 900 hours to cook. | 吃掉大概需要我烤900个小时的食物 |
[39:55] | Let’s be smokers. | 让我们成为烧烤炉一族 |
[39:58] | – Okay. Let’s be smokers. – Okay. | -好的 那就烧烤炉一族 -非常好 |
[40:00] | Check this out. Okay. This is, this is the biggest version. | 来看看这个 这是最大的型号 |
[40:03] | They make all kinds of accessories for it. | 他们还可以提供各种各样的配件 |
[40:06] | Good things come to those who wait. | 耐心等待的人总有回报 |
[40:08] | And we… | 而我们 |
[40:10] | are good to go. | 可以开动了 |
[40:15] | You know, you don’t need to keep using that thing. | 其实你不必一直用那个烧烤炉 |
[40:17] | It’s like the literal symbol | 那炉子简直就是 |
[40:19] | of the day your mom and dad’s marriage blew up. | 你父母婚姻破裂那天的象征物 |
[40:24] | Besides, that day almost permanently deformed | 再说了 那天发生的意外还永久破坏了 |
[40:27] | that near-perfect face of yours. | 你这张近乎完美的脸 |
[40:31] | I keep it because it’s delicious. | 我留着它是因为烤出的东西好吃 |
[40:38] | Yes. | 对吧 |
[40:43] | – So you still up? – Yes. | -看来你还没睡 -是的 |
[41:04] | See? That’s what today will be. | 你看 这就是今天的记忆 |
[41:07] | Not the day he got lost, but the day that his dad | 不是他走丢迷路 而是他爸爸在厨房里 |
[41:10] | made sundaes in the kitchen and put pillows on the ground. | 做了圣代冰淇淋 还在地上铺了枕头 |
[41:15] | That is how he’ll remember it. | 这就是他对今天的印象 |
[41:17] | That’s how we’re gonna remember it. | 我们也会这样记住这一天 |
[41:19] | Never too late to turn a day around. | 扭转乾坤 从来不晚 |
[41:21] | You know, I should always listen to you. | 你知道吗 我应该永远都听你的 |
[41:23] | That’s what I’ve been telling you. | 我一直都这么跟你说 |
[41:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[41:41] | Yeah, this is. | 对 我是 |
[41:46] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[41:54] | No, I… | 不 我 |
[41:57] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[42:02] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[42:06] | Yeah. Thank you. | 知道了 谢谢 |
[42:12] | Who was that? | 谁打来的 |
[42:20] | My mom died. | 我妈去世了 |