时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | Jack! Where the hell are you? | 杰克 你们都死哪儿去了 |
[00:06] | Hello, Mrs. Pearson. | 你好 皮尔森女士 |
[00:09] | I’m such a klutz. | 我不小心摔了一下 |
[00:10] | You know what? Go pack your things, okay? | 算了 妈你去收拾行李 好吗 |
[00:12] | -We’re leaving. – Jack, stop. | -然后搬出去 -杰克 别这样 |
[00:13] | You deserve more than what’s in that house. | 比起那房子里的一切 你值得拥有更好 |
[00:15] | Do you have a dream? | 你有梦想吗 |
[00:17] | I just want to make sure my mom is okay. | 我只想确保我妈一切顺利 |
[00:20] | Get her settled at her friend’s place, | 让她住进朋友家 |
[00:21] | and then… | 然后… |
[00:23] | A decent job. A wife. | 找份体面的工作吧 结婚 |
[00:25] | A family. | 成家 |
[00:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:30] | Okay. Thank you. | 知道了 谢谢 |
[00:33] | Who was that? | 谁打来的 |
[00:37] | My mom died. | 我妈去世了 |
[00:59] | What about this gray one? | 这件灰色的呢 |
[01:05] | It’s light gray. | 这是浅灰色 |
[01:07] | I can’t wear a gray suit. It has to be black. | 我不能穿灰色西服 必须是黑色 |
[01:12] | Well, maybe we can get a deal at Gimbels. | 也许金倍尔百货有折扣 |
[01:15] | – Suits are just so expensive. – Doesn’t matter what it costs. | -西服真的太贵了 -多贵都不重要 |
[01:17] | It’s my mother’s funeral. It’s got to be black. | 这是我妈的葬礼 我必须穿黑色 |
[01:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:21] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[01:24] | I just– it doesn’t seem real. | 我… 我感觉很不真实 |
[01:28] | I feel like the phone’s gonna ring on Sunday. | 我还觉得周日电话会响 |
[01:33] | She’ll ask about the kids. | 她会问起孩子们的情况 |
[01:35] | After a few minutes of catching up, | 我们寒暄几分钟 |
[01:37] | she’ll say what she always says… | 她就会说她一贯会说的话 |
[01:39] | “Don’t let me keep you.” | “你去忙吧” |
[01:45] | It doesn’t seem real. | 感觉好不真实 |
[01:59] | With a cold front coming across Lake Erie from Ontario, | 随着从安大略袭来的冷锋穿过伊利湖 |
[02:02] | we’re looking at eight to ten inches of snow | 接下来的两天里会有强降雪 |
[02:04] | and icy conditions on the roadways | 积雪预计达到20到25公分 |
[02:05] | for at least the next 48 hours. | 并出现高速路面结冰情况 |
[02:08] | We have a high of 33… | 最高可以达到33… |
[02:09] | You know, I’m-a… I’m gonna hit the road | 我差不多 准备出发了 |
[02:11] | before the snow gets too heavy. | 趁现在雪还不算太大 |
[02:13] | I really feel like we should go with you, babe. | 我觉得我们应该跟你一起去 宝贝 |
[02:15] | I mean, I could run upstairs | 我可以上楼 |
[02:16] | and pack a quick bag for me and the kids. | 迅速打包一下我和孩子们的东西 |
[02:18] | Bec, come on. We talked about this, all right? | 小贝 我们之前都说好了 对吗 |
[02:19] | I’ve done the math. | 我计算过 |
[02:21] | Three six-year-olds on a four-hour car ride? | 让三个才六岁大的孩子 坐四个小时车 |
[02:23] | It ain’t worth it. | 不值当 |
[02:25] | But you’re our guy, Jack. | 可是你是一家之主 杰克 |
[02:27] | You’re worth ten hours in the car, in a blizzard. | 你值得我们冒着暴风雪坐十个小时车 |
[02:30] | Only ten? | 才十个小时吗 |
[02:32] | Yeah, ten is the maximum, | 最多十个小时 |
[02:34] | but in a blizzard, in a torrential blizzard. | 前提是有暴风雪 倾盆大雪 |
[02:36] | Can blizzards be torrential? | 下雪能用盆吗 |
[02:37] | You know, I-I think that’s just rainstorms. | 这个词好像是说倾盆大雨吧 |
[02:40] | Jack, I’m serious. | 我没跟你开玩笑 |
[02:42] | Hey, Bec, it ain’t worth it, all right? | 我知道 小贝 可是不值当 |
[02:45] | I mean, the kids, they… they barely knew her. | 孩子们 基本都不太认识我妈 |
[02:48] | I mean, when was the last time she visited? | 她上次来是什么时候 |
[02:50] | They were, what, like a year old? | 他们当时才一岁吧 |
[02:52] | Yeah, but they talked to her on the phone. | 可是他们会跟她打电话啊 |
[02:54] | And that’s all she’s been for years, | 他们对她的印象仅此而已 |
[02:56] | just a voice on the other end of the telephone. | 就是电话那端传来的声音 |
[02:59] | Look, Bec, knowing my mom, | 小贝 我了解我妈 |
[03:02] | I’ve got a funeral to plan | 我过去要筹备葬礼 |
[03:04] | and a lifetime of loose ends to tie up. | 还要帮她处理一辈子的琐事 |
[03:08] | Look, it’s just– it’s better if I do this alone. | 总之 我一个人去处理比较好 |
[03:14] | Which grandma died? | 是哪个祖母去世了 |
[03:16] | Daddy’s mommy died. | 爸爸的妈妈去世了 |
[03:18] | Daddy’s mommy is dead. | 爸爸的妈妈死了 |
[03:20] | Stop saying she’s dead. | 别一直说死了 |
[03:22] | But she is dead. | 可她就是死了 |
[03:24] | Right, Daddy? | 是吧 爸爸 |
[03:26] | Yeah, that’s right, Katie girl. | 你说得对 凯特 |
[03:29] | Grandma Marilyn passed away, | 玛丽莲祖母去世了 |
[03:31] | and we’re gonna miss her very much. | 我们会非常想念她 |
[03:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:38] | Can we play in the snow? | 我们能去雪里玩吗 |
[03:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:42] | – Maybe after breakfast. – Yeah, uh… | -早饭后再去吧 -对了 |
[03:45] | why-why don’t you guys wear the mittens | 你们要不要戴上去年圣诞节 |
[03:47] | – that Grandma made for you last Christmas? – Yeah. | -奶奶给你们做的手套 -好主意 |
[03:49] | But they’re so scratchy. | 可是手套好扎人 |
[03:51] | Yeah, they feel like there’s, like, bugs crawling on my hands. | 嗯 让我感觉有虫子在手上爬 |
[03:54] | Yeah, they’re too warm. I don’t like them. | 对 戴着太热了 我不喜欢 |
[03:56] | Okay, well, we’ll figure out the mittens situation. | 好吧 我们会解决手套的问题 |
[04:16] | You didn’t have to drive me. I could have taken the bus. | 你不用开车送我 我可以坐大巴 |
[04:22] | It was nice of Cheryl to put me up for the past few weeks, | 过去这几周有谢丽尔好心收留我 |
[04:25] | but moving in with Debby will be good. | 但搬去跟黛比住也不错 |
[04:29] | She’s family. | 她是家人 |
[04:32] | And I need to get further away. | 我需要走得再远点 |
[04:36] | From Dad. | 离开爸爸 |
[04:45] | Ohio looks nice. | 俄亥俄州看起来很好 |
[04:46] | Looks the same as Pennsylvania. | 看起来跟宾夕法尼亚州一样 |
[04:53] | I’ll miss you, Jackie. | 我会想你的 小杰 |
[04:55] | I don’t like being this far away from you. | 我不喜欢离你这么远 |
[04:58] | Yeah, I know, Ma, but you can call anytime. | 我懂 妈 你可以随时打电话 |
[05:01] | No, I don’t want to be a bother. | 不 我不想当个麻烦 |
[05:03] | The last thing you need is to sit around | 你千万不要闲坐着 |
[05:05] | wondering when I’m gonna call. | 猜我什么时候会打电话 |
[05:07] | God knows I’ve already caused you enough trouble lately. | 最近我已经给你添了太多麻烦 |
[05:10] | No, it’s no trouble, Ma. | 不 不麻烦 妈 |
[05:22] | Sunday nights. | 周日晚上 |
[05:24] | Every Sunday, 6:00, | 每周日 六点 |
[05:27] | I’ll be by the phone. | 我会守在电话旁 |
[05:28] | You want to call, I’ll be there to pick it up. | 你想打电话 我会等着接的 |
[05:33] | 6:00, Sunday. | 六点 周日 |
[05:37] | And I’ll visit, okay? I promise. | 我会来看你的 好吗 我保证 |
[06:05] | Look who finally showed up. | 看看谁终于出现了 |
[06:07] | Only took you 13 years. | 你只花了13年 |
[06:34] | Well, it’s been a while. | 很久了 |
[06:37] | I thought we’d see more of you over the years. | 我以为这些年我们会见更多面 |
[06:39] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:42] | Yeah, I just,… | 我只是 |
[06:45] | It’s tough– the triplets and work. | 不容易 三胞胎和工作 |
[06:50] | I mean, my mom and I, we spoke once a week. | 我是说 我妈和我每周聊一次 |
[06:53] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[06:54] | Every Sunday, 6:00, world stopped spinning. | 每周日 六点 世界都停止运转 |
[06:59] | Look, Cousin Debby… | 黛比表姨 |
[07:00] | You don’t have to call me that. | 你不用那么叫我 |
[07:01] | I’m not your cousin. I was her cousin. | 我和你血缘不近 我是她表亲 |
[07:05] | I think that still makes us cousins. | 我觉得那样我们还是表亲 |
[07:07] | Debby’s fine. | 黛比就好 |
[07:10] | Debby, I’m here to help, so… | 黛比 我是来帮忙的 |
[07:12] | if you want to just point me in the direction | 如果你能指给我 |
[07:13] | of the nearest funeral parlor, I’ll… | 最近的殡仪馆 我会 |
[07:15] | buy the casket, organize the plot, | 买棺材 安排场地 |
[07:17] | – the service… – Yeah. It’s all been taken care of. | -葬礼… -那些都安排好了 |
[07:22] | The flowers? | 花呢 |
[07:24] | I own a flower shop, Jack. | 我是开花店的 杰克 |
[07:27] | Right. | 对 |
[07:29] | Yeah. | 是 |
[07:31] | The funeral is the day after tomorrow. | 葬礼是后天 |
[07:33] | 2:00 p.m.– that way we don’t have to serve a meal. | 下午两点 那样我们不用管饭 |
[07:39] | Well, my mom was lucky to have you, | 我妈很幸运有你 |
[07:42] | figure all this out for her. | 帮她安排好这一切 |
[07:43] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[07:45] | Marilyn planned it all out herself ages ago. | 多年前玛丽莲就自己计划好了 |
[07:50] | I guess she just didn’t want to be a burden to anyone. | 我猜她不想成为任何人的负担 |
[08:05] | Is there anything that I can do? | 还有什么我能做的吗 |
[08:09] | The eulogy. | 悼词 |
[08:11] | I’m not really good with giving speeches. | 我不太擅长发言 |
[08:15] | Look, if you can’t handle it, | 听着 如果你做不来 |
[08:16] | – I’m-I’m happy to do it. – No, no, no. | -我很乐意做 -不不不 |
[08:18] | No. I got it. | 不 我会做 |
[08:22] | I was thinking maybe I could read one of my poems. | 我在想或许我可以读一首我的诗 |
[08:26] | You write poems? | 你写诗吗 |
[08:28] | Yeah, I do, a little. | 对 我写诗 就一点 |
[08:29] | I mean, mostly just for myself. | 大多只是写给我自己 |
[08:33] | Your mom loved poetry. | 你妈喜欢诗 |
[08:34] | She was always encouraging me to write more, so… | 她总是鼓励我多写 |
[08:38] | My mom loved poetry? | 我妈喜欢诗吗 |
[08:44] | I’m gonna do the flowers, obviously. | 显然 花是由我准备 |
[08:48] | Maybe you could find a dress for the burial. | 你可以找一件安葬穿的礼服 |
[08:51] | Whatever you think she’d like. | 找一件你觉得她会喜欢的 |
[08:54] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[09:52] | Hey, Ma. How’s Ohio? | 妈 俄亥俄州怎么样 |
[09:55] | It’s fine. | 挺好 |
[09:56] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[09:57] | And you? | 你呢 |
[09:58] | You good? You… | 你还好吗 你 |
[10:00] | You settling in a little bit more? | 你适应一点了吗 |
[10:03] | Jackie, I made a mistake. | 小杰 我犯了个错 |
[10:06] | Wh– What kind of mistake? | 什么样的错误 |
[10:10] | I just wanted him to send me a few things. | 我只是想让他给我寄点东西 |
[10:13] | My mother’s china teapot. | 我妈妈的瓷茶壶 |
[10:15] | Some pictures. | 一些照片 |
[10:16] | You called Dad? | 你给爸爸打电话了 |
[10:19] | I realized as soon as he answered that it was a bad idea. | 他一接通 我就意识到这是个坏主意 |
[10:21] | Does he know where you are? | 他知道你在哪吗 |
[10:23] | No. No. I don’t think so. | 不 不 我觉得他不知道 |
[10:28] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[10:29] | You don’t need to be sorry, Ma. | 你不需要抱歉 妈妈 |
[10:34] | How’s Rebecca? | 丽贝卡怎么样 |
[10:36] | Are you two still…? | 你们俩还 |
[10:37] | She’s great. | 她很好 |
[10:38] | Yeah, no, we’re-we’re doing great. | 是的 我们很好 |
[10:41] | Good. | 好 |
[10:43] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[10:49] | Don’t let me keep you. | 你去忙吧 |
[10:51] | Okay, Ma. I’ll-I’ll talk to you next Sunday. I love you. | 好的 妈妈 我下周日再打给你 我爱你 |
[11:20] | Nope. We’re not serving a meal. | 不 我们不提供餐品 |
[11:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:24] | All right. I’ll see you there. 2:00. | 好的 到时候见 两点 |
[11:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:29] | Have you been in touch with my father? | 你和我爸爸有联系吗 |
[11:31] | To tell him about my mom? | 跟他说我妈妈的事吗 |
[11:33] | Stanley? | 斯坦利 |
[11:34] | No way I’m calling that bastard. | 我不可能打给那个混蛋的 |
[11:41] | Hey, do you want to maybe feed your cat? | 你想喂你的猫吗 |
[11:44] | That’s not my cat. | 那不是我的猫 |
[11:45] | That’s your mom’s cat. | 那是你妈妈的猫 |
[11:47] | My mom had a cat? | 我妈妈养猫了 |
[11:49] | My dad hated cats. | 我爸爸很讨厌猫 |
[11:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:54] | Hey, cat, why don’t you go back to Mike’s? | 小猫 回迈克家吧 |
[11:57] | Who’s Mike? | 迈克是谁 |
[11:59] | He is your mom’s boyfriend. | 他是你妈妈的男朋友 |
[12:03] | Mike McCreary. | 迈克·麦克里里 |
[12:04] | Cat’s living with him now. | 现在猫和他住 |
[12:10] | Look, if you want to make yourself useful, | 如果你想帮点忙 |
[12:12] | maybe you can just bring the cat back to Mike’s. | 你可以把猫送回迈克家 |
[12:15] | His place is just up the road. | 他家就在路尽头 |
[12:17] | Look out for his van. | 注意点他的货车 |
[12:18] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 当然 |
[12:20] | Come on, cat. | 走吧 |
[12:43] | you must be Jack. | 你就是杰克吧 |
[12:45] | You must be Mike. | 你就是迈克 |
[12:47] | I was hoping you’d come by. | 我等你很久了 |
[12:50] | Well, come on in. | 快进来吧 |
[12:52] | Hey, there, Cat. | 你好 小猫 |
[12:56] | Uh, here. | 给你 |
[13:00] | Cat got a name? | 这只猫有名字吗 |
[13:02] | Yep. Cat Benatar. | 有 猫·班娜塔 |
[13:05] | You know Marilyn’s sense of humor. | 你知道的 玛丽莲的幽默 |
[13:08] | Yeah, keeps getting out and running back to Marilyn’s. | 它一直往外跑 跑回玛丽莲家里 |
[13:13] | Just doesn’t understand that, um… | 它不理解 |
[13:16] | that, you know, that… that she’s gone. | 她已经不在了 |
[13:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | Your mom was a good woman. | 你妈妈是个好人 |
[13:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:35] | How are… | 那 |
[13:37] | Rebecca and the, and the kids holding up? | 丽贝卡和孩子们怎么样 |
[13:42] | – Okay. – Triplets, man, that’s… | -很好 -三胞胎 天啊 |
[13:45] | – That’s– I don’t know how you do it. – Yeah. | -我不知道你怎么办到的 -是啊 |
[13:48] | Yeah. Hey, you and, uh, | 你和 |
[13:49] | you and your kids watch, uh, wrestling? | 你和孩子们看摔角吗 |
[13:51] | You know, Hulk Hogan, | 你知道吗 霍克·霍根 |
[13:53] | uh, Andrian the Giant, King Kong Bundy? | 巨人安德里安 金刚邦迪 |
[13:55] | No, I-I think they’re a little young for that. | 不 我觉得他们还太小了 |
[13:57] | Oh, no, but they’re not. | 不 他们不小了 |
[13:59] | I know a lot of folks complain that it’s fake, | 我知道很多人抱怨比赛是假的 |
[14:01] | but these guys, these guys are athletes, | 但这些人 这些人是运动员 |
[14:03] | I mean, real athletes. The… | 我是说 运动健将 |
[14:07] | What am I… | 我说什么呢 |
[14:10] | Sorry, man, um… | 抱歉 |
[14:13] | I’m-I’m nervous. | 我太紧张了 |
[14:17] | It’s just that your mom | 你妈妈 |
[14:19] | talked about you and the, and the kids all the time, | 一直在说你和孩子们的事情 |
[14:22] | and it’s, uh… this isn’t how I pictured us meeting. | 我没想过我们会这样见面 |
[14:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:30] | So, um… want a beer? | 那 喝啤酒吗 |
[14:35] | Sure. | 行 |
[14:37] | Take whatever’s cold. | 什么冷饮都行 |
[14:40] | I was, um, | 我刚才 |
[14:42] | going through some photos of, uh, me and Marilyn. | 在看我和玛丽莲的照片 |
[14:45] | – Thought you might like to see ’em. – Yeah. | -感觉你或许也想看看 -好 |
[14:58] | Will you look at that smile? | 你看看这笑容 |
[15:00] | Now, that, that is Marilyn through and through. | 这是玛丽莲的经典微笑 |
[15:07] | She looks happy. | 她看起来很快乐 |
[15:08] | She was. We were. | 是的 我也一样 |
[15:12] | Can I ask how you two met? | 我能问下你们是怎么认识的吗 |
[15:17] | Well, um, I was… | 其实 我… |
[15:20] | I was always a night owl. | 我一直是个夜猫子 |
[15:22] | But, uh, one morning, I wake up real early, no reason, | 但不知为何 有天早晨我醒得很早 |
[15:26] | but I can’t fall back asleep, so I figure | 再也睡不着了 于是我决定 |
[15:29] | get a cup of coffee at the place down the way. | 去附近的咖啡厅买杯咖啡 |
[15:32] | So, I sit down at my favorite table by the window, | 于是我坐在了窗边我最喜欢的桌旁 |
[15:36] | and this woman comes over and says, “You’re at my table.” | 然后这个女人走过来说 “你坐了我的位置” |
[15:41] | Well, it turns out, we had the same favorite table. | 原来 我们都最喜欢同一张桌子 |
[15:46] | She always sat there early and I sat there late. | 她总是很早就坐在那 而我晚些才去 |
[15:49] | So, I offer to share the table. | 所以我提议和她坐同一张桌 |
[15:54] | The next morning, I got there when the place opened, | 第二天早晨 我一开门就去了 |
[15:57] | so did she. | 她也一样 |
[15:59] | And that was the end of the night owl. | 从那以后我就不再当夜猫子了 |
[16:04] | You know, it took, um… | 其实 我… |
[16:07] | took some time to earn her trust, but… | 花了些时间才获得她的信任 但… |
[16:10] | but I always knew how to make her laugh. | 但我总知道怎么逗她笑 |
[16:13] | She… | 她… |
[16:15] | she had a great laugh. | 她的笑声很好听 |
[16:21] | Can’t remember the last time i heard my mother laugh. | 我不记得上次听我妈笑是什么时候了 |
[16:26] | I guess she was… | 她可能… |
[16:28] | she was always on high alert with my dad. | 她总是高度戒备着我爸 |
[16:32] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[16:35] | Well… | 其实… |
[16:36] | Let me tell you this. | 听我说 |
[16:39] | Nothing was more important to her than your Sunday calls. | 什么都比不上你每周日的电话 |
[16:43] | She looked forward to ’em all week. | 她会期待整整一周 |
[16:48] | You were her hero, Jack. | 你是她的英雄 杰克 |
[16:51] | You’re the one that got her out of that house. | 是你把她从那座房子带走的 |
[17:02] | Not a hero, Mike. | 我不是英雄 迈克 |
[17:04] | I mean, I… | 其实 我… |
[17:06] | knew nothing about her life. | 我对她的生活一无所知 |
[17:07] | I mean, I missed the whole damn thing, so… | 这一切都被我错过了 所以… |
[17:10] | Thanks for showing me the photos, and for the beer. | 谢谢你给我看照片 请我喝啤酒 |
[18:06] | Hey, Jack, it’s 6:00! | 杰克 六点了 |
[18:14] | Hi, Marilyn. Right on time. | 你好 玛丽莲 你真准时 |
[18:17] | thank you so much for the-the scarf you sent. | 十分感谢你寄来的围巾 |
[18:20] | – It’s so great. – Oh, you like it? | -实在太棒了 -你喜欢吗 |
[18:22] | I do, I love it. Thank you. | 是的 很喜欢 谢谢你 |
[18:24] | Hold on, let me get Jack for you. Jack? | 稍等 我叫杰克接电话 杰克 |
[18:27] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[18:29] | – Here. – I got– I got it. | -给 -来了 来了 |
[18:30] | Hi, buddy. | 小宝贝 |
[18:32] | Hey, Ma. Hey, how, uh… | 妈 最近… |
[18:34] | How’s it going? | 最近怎么样 |
[18:36] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都好 |
[18:38] | Tell me about the little ones. | 给我讲讲孩子们的事 |
[18:40] | they’re-they’re good. | 他们挺好的 |
[18:41] | Good– You know, ev-everyone’s good. | 很好 大家都很好 |
[18:43] | – Jack. – Oh, no. Oh… | -杰克 -不 |
[18:45] | – He spit up. Here. – Yeah. | -他吐了 给 -好 |
[18:47] | Get that. Okay. | 给我吧 好了 |
[18:49] | Hey, when, uh, | 你什么… |
[18:51] | when are you gonna come meet your grandkids? | 你什么时候来见见你的孙子孙女 |
[18:55] | I’ll come once things settle down. | 等你们安顿好后我就去 |
[18:57] | Mom, we got triplets, all right? It’s never gonna settle down. | 妈 我们家是三胞胎 永远不会安分的 |
[19:01] | I’ll come soon, Jackie. | 我会很快过去的 小杰 |
[19:05] | Well, it’s a big city, Mom. | 这个城市很大 妈 |
[19:09] | I haven’t seen the man in a decade. | 我有十年没见过那个男人了 |
[19:10] | So I-I think it’s you can visit your family | 所以我觉得你来探望家人 |
[19:12] | – without running into Dad. – No, I know. | -不会碰到我爸的 -嗯 我知道 |
[19:17] | But Debby needs help at the flower shop and… | 但黛比的花店需要人帮忙 而且 |
[19:21] | I– Look, I’ll plan a trip soon. | 我… 我会尽快准备过来的 |
[19:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:30] | There’s this pond by the house. | 这边屋外有个池塘 |
[19:32] | It freezes over in the winter, | 冬天池水会结冰 |
[19:33] | and everyone in the neighborhood goes ice-skating. | 住在附近的人都会来滑冰 |
[19:36] | You should bring the kids. | 你应该带孩子们过来 |
[19:38] | Kids can’t really walk yet, Mom. | 孩子们还不会走呢 妈 |
[19:40] | No, of course not. | 对 当然 |
[19:42] | I know that. I’m just… | 我知道 我只是说… |
[19:43] | saying, one day. | 将来有一天 |
[19:46] | Yeah, no, we’ll… | 好 我们会… |
[19:49] | …we’ll-we’ll get the kids on skates | 我们会让孩子 |
[19:50] | as soon as we can. | 早日穿上溜冰鞋 |
[19:54] | Well, don’t let me keep you. | 好了 你去忙吧 |
[19:57] | Okay, Mom, I’ll, uh, | 好的 妈 我… |
[19:58] | I’ll talk to you next Sunday, okay? I love you. | 我下周日再跟你聊 好吗 我爱你 |
[20:00] | I lo… | 我爱… |
[20:10] | Hi, sweetie. | 你好啊 宝贝 |
[20:37] | 咖啡店 唤醒你的味蕾 卡布奇诺 | |
[20:44] | Hi. Can I, uh… | 你好 我能… |
[20:46] | I-I’ll have a coffee, please. Thanks. | 我要一杯咖啡 谢谢 |
[21:12] | – Hey, Jack. Come on over. – Mike. | -杰克 快过来 -迈克 |
[21:18] | Right there. | 坐这 |
[21:19] | We are having a round of 7 and 7s | 我们在喝冰镇七冠威士忌加七喜 |
[21:22] | in honor of our Marilyn. | 以纪念玛丽莲 |
[21:23] | Okay. All right. | 好 没问题 |
[21:26] | – Hey. – All right. | -你好 -好了 |
[21:29] | – Everything good? – Yeah, things are all right. | -你还好吗 -挺好的 |
[21:31] | It’s a nice, a nice town. | 这个小镇很不错 |
[21:33] | All right, here we go, here we go. | 好了 我们的酒来了 |
[21:35] | Thank you, Shanice. | 谢了 沙妮丝 |
[21:36] | – Nicely done. – Thank you. | -看起来很不错 -谢谢 |
[21:38] | – Thank you. – All right, guys, | -谢谢 -好了 各位 |
[21:39] | let’s raise ’em up. Raise ’em up. | 我们一起举杯 举杯 |
[21:41] | To our Marilyn. | 敬玛丽莲 |
[21:42] | – To our Marilyn. – Yeah, baby. | -敬玛丽莲 -宝贝 |
[21:50] | Oh, that tastes… | 这味道… |
[21:51] | Let me tell you something about your mom. | 我跟你说说你妈妈的事吧 |
[21:51] | You don’t know this. She would make up terms. | 你肯定不知道 她经常自己造词 |
[21:54] | – Oh, no, oh, here we go. – A whole thing. A whole fictitious… | -不 又来了 -全部瞎编 完全虚构的… |
[21:56] | – Her bad knitting. – She was a volume knitter. | -她的编织技术很烂 -她属于走量不走心 |
[21:59] | Not precision. | 别在意细节 |
[22:00] | …bridge term called “The Jacoby transfer.” | 桥牌术语”雅各比转移” |
[22:07] | This is made up. | 这是她编的 |
[22:08] | This is not real, right? This is not real. | 这不是真的吧 不是真的 |
[22:10] | It’s the Jacoby transfer. | 雅各比转移 |
[22:12] | See, they don’t even know. They don’t even know. | 你瞧 他们都不知道 他们都不知道 |
[22:15] | – I’m telling you… – It’s totally made up. | -我跟你说… -这绝对是瞎编的 |
[22:16] | It’s a totally made-up thing. | 绝对是瞎编的 |
[22:18] | Okay, okay, maybe, maybe… | 好了好了 也许… |
[22:19] | – You looked it up… – You made that up… | -你查过… -你瞎编… |
[23:35] | – Yeah? – She’s dead. | -喂 -她死了 |
[23:40] | Three days ago, Mom had an aneurysm and she died. | 妈得了动脉瘤 三天前死了 |
[23:50] | Aren’t you gonna say anything? | 你不打算说点什么吗 |
[23:53] | Ah, Jackie, I’m so sorry. | 小杰 我很遗憾 |
[23:58] | That’s terrible news. I-It’s terrible news. | 这太糟了 太糟了 |
[24:01] | When’s the funeral? I-I mean, | 什么时候办葬礼 |
[24:03] | I should pay my respects. | 我得去为她送行 |
[24:04] | I wasn’t inviting you. | 我不是在邀请你 |
[24:08] | You know, | 要知道 |
[24:09] | even after she left you, you were always there. | 即便她离开了你 你也一直阴魂不散 |
[24:14] | Just hanging over us, keeping us apart. | 你的阴影笼罩着我们 割裂着我们 |
[24:18] | My whole life, I never really knew her. | 我这一生 从没真正了解过她 |
[24:21] | I mean, she had a real life out here, | 她在这里过着真正的生活 |
[24:24] | and I never saw it and now she’s dead. | 我没能亲眼目睹 现在她死了 |
[24:26] | And I missed the whole thing because of you. | 我错过这一切都怪你 |
[24:29] | Look, I don’t, I-I don’t want to fight with you. | 听着 我不想跟你吵架 |
[24:32] | I never stopped loving her. She was my wife. | 我一直爱着她 她是我妻子 |
[24:35] | When she left me, it was the worst day of my life. | 她离开我的那天 是我人生中最糟的一天 |
[24:41] | You listen to me. | 你给我听着 |
[24:43] | Do not show up at that funeral. | 别来出席葬礼 |
[24:46] | You hear me? | 听到了吗 |
[24:49] | She was my wife, Jack. | 她是我妻子 杰克 |
[24:53] | I’ll do what I damn well please. | 我他妈想怎么干就怎么干 |
[25:42] | How’s the eulogy coming along? | 悼词写得怎么样了 |
[25:49] | I made a mistake, Debby. | 我犯了个错 黛比 |
[25:51] | I, uh… | 我… |
[25:54] | called my dad. | 打给我爸了 |
[25:57] | Is he coming? | 他要来吗 |
[25:59] | I told him not to, but I don’t know. | 我叫他别来 但我不知道 |
[26:52] | It’s so great finally having you here. | 你终于来了真好 |
[26:54] | I hope the, uh, sofa bed was comfortable enough. | 这个沙发床睡着还算舒服吗 |
[27:01] | Ma. | 妈 |
[27:02] | Rebecca asked you a question. | 丽贝卡在跟你说话 |
[27:03] | No, no, it’s okay, Jack. | 没事 没关系 杰克 |
[27:05] | I-I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:07] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[27:11] | …do you think he knows I’m here? | 你觉得他知道我在这里吗 |
[27:13] | Of course not. | 肯定不知道 |
[27:15] | I mean, I haven’t talked to him in years. | 我好多年没跟他说过话了 |
[27:20] | Why don’t I start on lunch? | 我来准备午饭吧 |
[27:32] | Mom, listen. | 妈 听我说 |
[27:33] | How about I make your favorite, Jackie? | 我做你最爱吃的怎么样 小杰 |
[27:37] | What’s my favorite? | 我最爱吃什么 |
[27:38] | Hot dogs and tomato soup. | 热狗和番茄汤 |
[27:41] | Since when? | 什么时候的事 |
[27:42] | Since always. You loved hot dogs and tomato soup. | 一直都是 你爱吃热狗和番茄汤 |
[27:46] | Maybe Nicky. I-I don’t remember… | 可能是尼奇吧 我不记得我… |
[27:48] | No, it wasn’t Nicky, it was you. | 不是尼奇 是你 |
[27:53] | You’d go out and you’d play in the snow, | 以前你总跑出去玩雪 |
[27:55] | and when you came home, | 等你回到家 |
[27:56] | I’d make you hot dogs and tomato soup. | 我就会给你做热狗和番茄汤 |
[28:00] | We’d sit at the kitchen table and we’d watch snow fall. | 我们会坐在厨房的餐桌边 看雪落下来 |
[28:05] | It’s one of my favorite memories. | 这些是我最珍贵的回忆之一 |
[28:08] | I know it’s not much, but… | 我知道这种时候不多 可是 |
[28:11] | it wasn’t all bad, your childhood. | 你的童年也不全是悲惨的 |
[28:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:20] | Next time, you’ll come visit me. | 下一次 你们来看我 |
[28:22] | And we can take the kids skating on the pond. | 我们可以带孩子们到池塘溜冰 |
[28:26] | It’s so pretty in the winter. | 那里冬天很美 |
[28:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:52] | – Hello? – We never took ’em to the pond | -喂 -我们一直没有带孩子们去 |
[28:54] | by my mom’s house. | 我妈妈的屋子边上的池塘 |
[28:55] | To ice-skate. | 去滑冰 |
[28:59] | It was just such a long drive, | 开车要花很久 |
[29:01] | and we could never really find the time. | 我们就一直没腾出时间 |
[29:05] | I know. | 是啊 |
[29:12] | I got to write a eulogy. | 我得写一段悼词 |
[29:15] | – What are you gonna say? – I don’t know. | -你打算说什么 -我不知道 |
[29:19] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 是啊 我也不知道 |
[29:25] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[29:28] | I’ve never lost a parent. | 我的双亲都还健在 |
[29:31] | But… I’m here for you. | 但是 我愿意陪着你 |
[29:36] | And I love you very much. | 而且我很爱你 |
[29:40] | Yeah, I love you, too. | 嗯 我也爱你 |
[30:14] | Wish me luck. | 祝我顺利吧 |
[30:48] | It’s okay. We’ll hide it away. | 没关系 我们把它藏起来 |
[30:51] | I’ll put aside some money to get you a new one. | 我攒点钱 给你买个新的 |
[30:53] | Your father will never know. | 你爸爸不会知道的 |
[31:07] | – The flowers are nice. – Yeah, don’t start. | -这些花很漂亮 -行了 别说了 |
[31:09] | – I know it’s too much. – Nah. | -我知道太过了 -不 |
[31:11] | She would’ve loved it. | 她一定会喜欢的 |
[31:20] | Do you think he’s gonna show? | 你觉得他会来吗 |
[31:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:25] | If we can all take our seats. | 各位请落座 |
[31:29] | We’ll begin with a reading | 首先将进行诗歌诵读 |
[31:31] | by Marilyn’s beloved cousin Debra. | 诵读者是玛丽莲亲爱的表亲 黛布拉 |
[31:50] | I wrote, I wrote a poem. | 我写了一首诗 |
[31:55] | She always told me I should write more poems, so… | 她一直鼓励我多写诗 所以 |
[32:01] | “Five o’clock, six o’clock, | “五点 六点 |
[32:04] | “Seven, eight. | 七八点 |
[32:08] | “Tell the morning, night’s running late. | 告诉早晨 夜在拖延 |
[32:12] | “Nine o’clock, ten o’clock, | 九点 十点 |
[32:14] | “Eleven, noon. | 十一二点 |
[32:17] | “That’s not the sun up high, but the moon. | 太阳不在天边 月亮高悬 |
[32:23] | “Wake the stars for a double shift. | 唤醒星团 正午也要值班 |
[32:26] | “It’s dark, this night, | 很黑 今晚 |
[32:30] | “And it won’t lift. | 雾不会散 |
[32:33] | “Because if I stay right here in bed… | 只要我还赖床不起 |
[32:40] | …I can still believe she isn’t dead.” | 我就相信 她还在这里” |
[32:53] | Rest in peace. | 请安息 |
[32:59] | And now I’d like to invite up | 接下来有请 |
[33:00] | Marilyn’s beloved son Jack. | 玛丽莲的爱子 杰克 |
[33:20] | My mother was… | 我的妈妈 |
[33:25] | …she was a good mother. | 是个很棒的妈妈 |
[33:28] | She did her best… | 她努力做到了最好 |
[33:32] | …and I loved her. | 我很爱她 |
[33:40] | W-What I want to say… | 我想说 |
[33:50] | What I want to say about her is… | 关于她 我想说的是 |
[34:23] | The house I grew up in | 在我长大的那座房子里 |
[34:26] | wasn’t an easy place to be a son. | 当一个孩子 并不容易 |
[34:31] | But it wasn’t an easy place to be a mother, either. | 但当一个妈妈 也不容易 |
[34:36] | We did our best, the both of us, | 我们尽力了 都尽力了 |
[34:40] | and we were lucky because we got out. | 幸运的是 我们逃出来了 |
[34:46] | But when you live in a house like that, | 但你一旦在那样的房子里生活过 |
[34:51] | there’s a part of you that never gets out. | 总有一部分自己 是逃不出来的 |
[34:56] | So you build a new house. | 所以你会盖座新房子 |
[35:02] | A better house for a better life. | 一座更好的房子 一种更好的生活 |
[35:06] | And you try as hard as you can | 你用尽你最大的努力 |
[35:08] | to make sure that part of you that still lives | 让还生活在老房子的那部分自己 |
[35:12] | in that old house is as small as possible. | 缩得越小越好 |
[35:18] | I did my best to forget everything about that house. | 我用尽全力去忘记有关那座房子的一切 |
[35:24] | But there… | 但是 |
[35:28] | there were so many little details. | 那里有太多细碎的回忆了 |
[35:33] | Heavy footsteps. | 沉重的脚步声 |
[35:37] | Cracking of a beer. | 开啤酒的声音 |
[35:39] | The creak of an armchair. | 扶手椅吱吱嘎嘎的声音 |
[35:44] | I don’t know if she was ever able to forget | 我不清楚她是否能够忘记 |
[35:47] | any of the details of that house, but I do know | 有关那座房子的一切 但我非常清楚 |
[35:50] | she filled up her life with new ones. | 她已经用新的记忆填满了她的生活 |
[35:53] | Ones worth remembering. | 那些值得铭记的回忆 |
[35:56] | A dish of chocolates. | 一道巧克力甜点 |
[35:59] | A… basket of yarn. | 一篮子的纱线 |
[36:04] | A cat that keeps coming back. | 一只总会跑回家的猫 |
[36:13] | There are four people here today. | 今天到场的有四个人 |
[36:15] | My wife. My children. | 是我的妻子 我的孩子们 |
[36:20] | Her grandchildren. | 也是她的孙子孙女们 |
[36:23] | They gave me a new home. | 他们给了我一个新家 |
[36:28] | And Debby, Mike… | 而黛比 迈克 |
[36:32] | …and everyone here today. | 还有所有今天到场的人 |
[36:36] | You gave that to her. | 你们给了她一个新家 |
[36:44] | As her son, | 作为她的儿子 |
[36:46] | I am very grateful to you all. | 我非常非常感谢你们所有人 |
[36:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[37:00] | Okay, Ma. | 好了 妈 |
[37:06] | Don’t let me keep you. | 你去忙吧 |
[37:15] | Let’s scoot you over, honey. | 亲爱的 挪过去一点 |
[37:27] | All right, guys, now, this is very important. It’s probably | 孩子们 接下来这一招非常重要 |
[37:29] | the most important invention in human history. | 很可能是人类历史上最重要的发明 |
[37:31] | It is called the skull crusher. | 这一招就是碎颅 |
[37:33] | Kate, do not do this to your brothers. | 凯特 千万别在你兄弟们身上用这一招 |
[37:36] | Unless they really deserve it. | 除非他们真的罪有应得 |
[37:37] | The skull crusher, the skull crusher! | 碎颅啦 碎颅啦 |
[37:39] | Skull crusher! This guy’s too heavy! | 碎颅啦 这家伙太沉了 |
[37:41] | He’s too heavy. I’m down! | 他太沉了 我不行了 |
[37:42] | The champ is down. Oh, three on one! | 冠军倒下了 三个打一个啦 |
[37:45] | Three on one! Ref! | 三打一 裁判 |
[37:47] | You know, I keep thinking she never got to find out | 我一直在想 她永远不会知道 |
[37:48] | how the book ended. | 这本书的结局了 |
[37:50] | Clan of the Cave Bear. I mean, she was only halfway through. | 《洞熊家族》 毕竟她只读了一半 |
[37:53] | That’s what you’re worried about? | 你担心的就是这个 |
[37:55] | She read that stupid thing three times already. | 这本破书她已经读了三遍 |
[37:57] | I’ve read Clan of the Cave Bear. | 我也读过《洞熊家族》 |
[38:00] | It’s got some… pretty sexy parts. | 有一些性爱情节… 写得挺露骨 |
[38:03] | Between us, I think Marilyn went for Mike because, around here, | 我偷偷跟你说 我觉得玛丽莲选择迈克 |
[38:07] | he’s the closest thing she could find to a Neanderthal. | 是因为他是这附近最像尼安德特人的 |
[38:10] | Hey, hey, I heard that. And it’s accurate. | 我听到了 不过你说得没错 |
[38:13] | Didn’t need to know that. | 我不必知道这些细节 |
[38:15] | I might have to reread this book. | 我也许得重读一遍这本书 |
[38:17] | Give ’em the bottle opener! Bottle opener! | 出开瓶那一招 开瓶 |
[38:20] | Hey, do you think the cat’s gonna be okay? | 猫应该会没事吧 |
[38:22] | No, Jack. I think the cat is 100% gonna get hit by a car. | 不 杰克 我觉得猫百分百会被车撞死 |
[38:38] | Just like that. That’s the move. That’s the move. | 就是这样 非常好 就这么滑 |
[38:40] | Get back on your feet. Just like that. | 继续滑起来 就是这样 |
[38:42] | Like a champ. There you go. | 像冠军那样滑 没错 |
[38:44] | All right, zoom back down. Nicely done. | 很好 再滑回去 太棒了 |
[39:05] | All right. Who’s hungry? | 好了 谁饿了 |
[39:06] | Me. | 我 |
[39:09] | Eh, I could eat. | 我也能吃点 |
[39:10] | Okay, I’ll get something started. | 好的 我去做点吃的 |
[39:12] | No, no, that’s okay. I got it. | 不不 不用了 我去吧 |
[39:46] | I made your favorite, Jackie. | 小杰 我做了你最爱吃的 |
[39:50] | This should warm you up. | 这应该能让你暖和起来 |
[40:03] | All right, so my mom… | 是这样 我妈妈 |
[40:05] | …used to make this for me. | 以前总给我做这个 |
[40:09] | Are these hot dogs? | 这些是热狗吗 |
[40:10] | – Where’s the bun? – Just try it. Try it. | -圆面包在哪 -尝尝看 吃一口吧 |
[40:19] | How is it? | 怎么样 |
[40:20] | It’s so good. | 太好吃了 |
[40:30] | Here, let me have one of these. | 来 给我尝一个 |
[40:37] | Mmm. It’s not bad. | 还不错 |
[41:12] | I don’t have a mom anymore. | 我没有妈妈了 |
[42:12] | He dipped his hot dog in the soup. | 他用热狗蘸汤吃了 |
[42:14] | She did it, too. | 她也那么吃了 |
[42:16] | That’s okay. You know, tomato soup is… | 没关系呀 其实番茄汤… |