时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[00:04] | I’m Matt. Matt Dickson. | 我是马特 马特·迪克森 |
[00:06] | Would you like to… I don’t know. | 你有空的话 想不想 |
[00:09] | grab a cup of coffee or something some time? | 一起喝杯咖啡什么的 |
[00:12] | I’m… I’m gonna go pay. | 我 我先去付钱了 |
[00:15] | You fixed the fridge. | 你把冰箱修好了 |
[00:17] | Thank you for all you’re doing to help. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[00:21] | You’re too good to us. | 你对我们真的太好了 |
[00:22] | You are still a junior in high school, | 你现在还只是一个高一学生 |
[00:25] | and you will not be going to visit your boyfriend in Boston again | 所以近期之内你休想再去波士顿 |
[00:29] | any time soon. | 探望你的男朋友 |
[00:30] | Well, that’s gonna be a problem. | 那可能有点问题 |
[00:32] | Oh, hey, you remember Elijah, right, from book club? | 你记得以利亚吗 阅读俱乐部的成员 |
[00:36] | Why are you calling me in the middle of the night? | 你半夜打给我有什么事吗 |
[00:37] | ‘Cause I was about to call my costar for a booty call, | 因为我差一点就要打给25岁的同组演员约炮 |
[00:41] | and you live across the country, | 你住在国家的另一边 |
[00:43] | and I figured you were the better option. | 所以我觉得你会是更好的选择 |
[00:52] | Okay, Bug, are you ready? All right. | 宝贝 你准备好了吗 来了 |
[00:53] | Okay, find C. Ah. Perfect. | 先找到do 很好 |
[00:56] | Here. Yeah. There you go. Ready? | 没错 就是这样 准备好了吗 |
[00:59] | do do do C, c, c. | |
[01:02] | do xi la xi do re… C, b, a, b, c, d… | |
[01:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[01:06] | We are witnessing history in the making here. | 我们正在见证历史 |
[01:10] | We’ve got the famous, | 正在演奏的是 |
[01:11] | stunningly talented | 著名音乐天才 |
[01:13] | and beautiful mother/daughter music duo, | 美丽的母女钢琴家组合 |
[01:16] | Kate Pearson, Rebecca Pearson, | 凯特·皮尔森 丽贝卡·皮尔森 |
[01:18] | playing their very first song ever together. | 这是她们第一首合奏歌曲 |
[01:20] | Here, this is where it all started. | 这里 就是梦开始的地方 |
[01:21] | Daddy, you’re distracting me. | 爸爸 你这样我会分心的 |
[01:24] | You know what? You’re gonna want this | 你知道吗 等你进了摇滚乐名人堂 |
[01:25] | for your Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Production ceremony, trust me. | 在颁奖典礼现场 你会需要这份视频的 |
[01:27] | Okay, Bug. You want to try it again? All right. | 好啦宝贝 要不要再试一次 来 |
[01:31] | do do do C, c, c… | |
[01:46] | 美国占地面积最大的是哪个州 科罗拉多 得克萨斯 阿拉斯加 加利福尼亚 | |
[01:47] | I do that only because I’m not sure! | 我这样是因为我不确定 |
[01:51] | Phone a friend! | 求助朋友 |
[01:52] | – Phone a friend! – What? Phone a friend? | -快求助朋友 -什么 求助朋友 |
[01:54] | You do not phone a friend at the $16,000 level. | 才赚到一万六 没必要求助朋友 |
[01:57] | – Really? I don’t… – Come on. | -是吗 我还说… -算了 |
[01:59] | Bug. | 宝贝 |
[01:59] | Bug, come, watch with us. | 宝贝 来跟我们一起看 |
[02:00] | We just saw this teacher from the Midwest | 我们刚看到一个中西部来的老师 |
[02:02] | won $125,000. | 赢了十二万五千美金 |
[02:05] | You know, sometimes, I lie in my bed, | 有时候 我躺在床上 |
[02:07] | and I think about how sad my life is, | 我觉得我的生活真是悲哀 |
[02:10] | and then I come out here, and I see you two glued to this couch | 可是等我出来 看到你们宅在沙发上 |
[02:13] | watching Regis and his monochromatic ties five nights a week, | 每周有五个晚上看着雷吉斯和他那些单色领带 |
[02:17] | and I think to myself, “Huh, it could be worse.” | 我就会对自己说”还有比我更悲哀的” |
[02:20] | I like Regis’s ties. | 雷吉斯的领带挺好看啊 |
[02:21] | I’m going to Molly’s, so try not to rage too hard while I’m gone. | 我要去莫莉家 你们可别玩”太嗨”哦 |
[02:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:28] | Geez. | 真凶 |
[02:32] | We’re not that sad. | 我们没那么悲哀吧 |
[02:33] | No, no. | 当然 |
[02:35] | – Are we that sad? – No. | -我们很悲哀吗 -不 |
[02:38] | I went out with my work friends last month. | 我上个月还跟同事出去玩了 |
[02:40] | I had a margarita. And you… | 我喝了一杯玛格丽特 你… |
[02:43] | …you’re dating, right? You’re dating that woman you mentioned. | 你在谈恋爱 对吧 你之前提过一个女人 |
[02:45] | Marguerite, but it’s not serious. | 玛格莱特 但没那么正式 |
[02:48] | But still. | 那也算 |
[02:50] | One margarita. One Marguerite. | 我是玛格丽特 你是玛格莱特 |
[02:53] | – See? We’re fun. – Yes. | -我们嗨得很 -是的 |
[02:59] | You know, um… | 其实我想说… |
[03:01] | Rebecca, you… | 丽贝卡 |
[03:03] | you mentioned that you’d be, um, | 你之前有说过 |
[03:04] | open to getting yourself back out there, right? | 你愿意重新尝试跟人约会 对吧 |
[03:08] | Well, a friend of mine from work | 是这样 我一个同事跟我说 |
[03:10] | told me about this speed dating thing | 这周末有个闪电约会活动 |
[03:11] | going on at Petey B.’s this weekend. | 就在PB餐厅 |
[03:14] | 15 guys, 15 girls | 十五对男女 |
[03:16] | sitting across from each other for three minutes at a time… | 面对面坐着 每次只能聊天三分钟 |
[03:18] | 15 dates? That is way worse than one. | 约会15次吗 比一次约会痛苦多了 |
[03:23] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[03:25] | It’s time. | 到时间了 |
[03:27] | You can’t just sit here with me | 你总不能下半辈子 |
[03:28] | every night for the rest of your life. | 每天晚上都跟我坐在这里吧 |
[03:46] | Okay. | 来 |
[03:46] | Hailey, you want some sweet potato? | 海莉 要不要吃点红薯呀 |
[03:49] | No sweet potato. | 好的 不想吃红薯 |
[03:50] | Thanks for putting the laundry away. | 谢谢妈帮我收拾脏衣服 |
[03:51] | – You didn’t have to do that. – No big deal. | -你不用这么辛苦的 -没什么的 |
[03:53] | I know you have a lot on your plate with Toby gone, | 我知道托比不在 你有很多事要忙 |
[03:55] | and I love doing laundry. | 我很喜欢洗衣服的 |
[03:57] | Mom, no one likes to do laundry. | 妈 没人喜欢洗衣服 |
[03:59] | I do. I love folding baby clothes. | 我就喜欢 我喜欢叠宝宝的衣服 |
[04:03] | Reminds me of when you guys were little. | 会让我想到你们小时候 |
[04:09] | Hey. How’s my beautiful family? | 我美丽的家人们怎么样 |
[04:11] | We’re good. We’re just drawing, | 我们挺好的 在画画 |
[04:12] | and sweet potatoing. Are you headed to the airport soon? | 吃点红薯什么的 你快出发去机场了吗 |
[04:16] | That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 这就是我打电话想和你说的事 |
[04:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[04:19] | So, Amir invited a bunch of us to watch the Giants game | 阿米尔邀请我们几个明天下午 |
[04:22] | from his yacht on McCovey Cove tomorrow afternoon. | 去麦考维湾在他的游艇上看巨人队比赛 |
[04:26] | Baseball with the boss. | 跟老板看棒球啊 |
[04:28] | Yeah. Apparently, it’s a very modest yacht. | 是的 据说是个很低调的游艇 |
[04:31] | But I can still fly home. | 但我还是可以飞回家 |
[04:33] | No, no, no, no, um… | 不用 没事 |
[04:34] | No, you should do it. You know, get that time with Amir. | 你应该去 跟阿米尔多联络下感情 |
[04:37] | – Really? You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -嗯嗯 |
[04:39] | As long as you explain to me what a “Modest yacht” is. | 不过你得跟我解释下什么叫”低调游艇” |
[04:42] | I think it’s just a canoe with a toilet. | 我觉得就是艘带厕所的小船吧 |
[04:44] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢你 |
[04:46] | This means a lot. I love you. | 你对我真好 我爱你 |
[04:48] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:51] | You know, I can stay with the kids tomorrow afternoon | 你明天下午去学校的时候 |
[04:53] | while you go to school. | 我可以留在家看孩子的 |
[04:55] | It’s not a big deal. | 这没什么 |
[04:58] | You know what? You haven’t been to the school since last year. | 你从去年就没去过我学校了 |
[05:02] | Do you want to meet us there? | 你想不想和我们一起过去 |
[05:03] | Yeah. I would love that. | 好啊 我很愿意 |
[05:09] | That’s it. I knocked. I’m coming in. | 好了 我敲门了 我要进来了 |
[05:11] | Listen, they’re doing something cute. Come here. Hurry. | 快来看 他们在做一个很可爱的动作 快 |
[05:12] | Take a look. Come on. Hurry up, hurry up. You’re gonna miss it. | 快看 快点 不然就错过了 |
[05:15] | – You’re not gonna believe this. – What? What are they doing? | -你不会相信的 -什么 他们做什么了 |
[05:16] | – Look at this. Watch this, watch this. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -快看 看好了啊 -好 |
[05:18] | Hey, Nicky, Nicky. Hey, hey, bud. | 尼奇 尼奇 好儿子 |
[05:20] | Can you point to your sister? | 你指一下你姐姐 |
[05:23] | See this? That’s very good! | 你看到了吗 他真棒 |
[05:25] | Look at that. Oh, she’s clapping for him. | 太厉害了 她还在为他鼓掌 |
[05:28] | What a good sister you are. Yeah. | 你可真是个好姐姐呀 |
[05:30] | She’s obviously such an empath, right? | 她真是太善解人意了 对不对 |
[05:32] | – Proud of him, yeah. – I mean, | -很为他自豪 -是吧 |
[05:33] | – That’s not normal how kind she is. Yes. – No. | -她这么善良 已经非同寻常了 -是的 |
[05:35] | – Such a good sister, huh? – Hey, Maddy. | -真是个好姐姐 -麦迪 |
[05:37] | I’m gonna order a smoothie. | 我打算点杯冰沙 |
[05:38] | Do you want one? I don’t know. | 你要来一杯吗 |
[05:39] | I’m just feeling a little snacky. | 我突然想来点零嘴 |
[05:41] | – No, thanks. – Hey, Kev. | -我不了 谢谢 -小凯 |
[05:43] | You know what? I forgot. You got a big weekend, huh? | 我都忘了 你这周末有大事对吧 |
[05:47] | It’s just… | 也没有 |
[05:48] | going to Pennsylvania for 48 hours to check on the house | 就是去费城待两天 看看我给我妈建的房子 |
[05:50] | that I’m building for my mother. | 进度怎么样 |
[05:53] | That’s the side of celebrities that people don’t get to see. | 这就是明星不为人知的一面啊 |
[05:58] | Eli and I were just hanging out. | 我和以利刚在玩 |
[06:00] | You were hanging out in the bedroom? | 你们是在卧室里玩吗 |
[06:01] | Yes, Kevin, because I am a grown woman. | 是的 凯文 我是成年女性了 |
[06:03] | Also we were mainly watching YouTube videos. | 而且我们基本是在看油管视频 |
[06:05] | Elijah, shush | 以利亚 闭嘴 |
[06:08] | But the kids are gonna miss their daddy… | 但孩子们会想爸爸的 |
[06:10] | – so much, aren’t you? – Yeah. | -超级想 对不对 -对 |
[06:12] | Yes, you are. | 对 绝对的 |
[06:15] | We were going to take them to the zoo tomorrow. | 明天我们要带他们去动物园 |
[06:19] | Are you okay with missing first zoo? | 错过第一次动物园 你可以吗 |
[06:22] | Yeah. Yeah. No, it…it’s fine, it’s fine. | 可以 没事 没关系 |
[06:24] | You can have first zoo. | 第一次去动物园可以归你 |
[06:25] | They watched their first episode of Entourage | 他们今早跟我第一次看了 |
[06:27] | this morning with me, | 《我家也有大明星》 |
[06:28] | so I am all set as far as formative experiences go. | 在成长经历方面 我已经满足了 |
[06:31] | Hey, Kev. | 小凯 |
[06:32] | Should you and I exchange numbers? | 我俩是不是该留一下电话 |
[06:34] | – You know, just in case. – Yeah. | -以防万一 -好 |
[06:37] | – That’s a great idea. What’s yours? – No, no, no. | -好主意 你的号码是什么 -不不不 |
[06:40] | Just AirDropped it to you. Poof! | 刚隔空投送给你了 |
[06:45] | It’s in your phone. | 在你手机里了 |
[07:01] | What’re you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[07:02] | Well, I’m officially at my lowest point | 我现在丧极了 |
[07:04] | since the divorce was final last month. | 上个月办完了离婚手续 |
[07:06] | Matty left for five days with Ryan, and… | 马蒂走了去跟瑞安待五天 而我… |
[07:09] | currently cleaning up his Pokemon cards | 现在正整理他的神奇宝贝卡 |
[07:12] | and trying not to cry. | 努力不哭出来 |
[07:14] | Listen, I have an idea. | 听着 我有个主意 |
[07:16] | Why don’t you | 不如你 |
[07:18] | come out with me to the cabin this weekend? | 这周末跟我一起去小木屋 |
[07:20] | There’s an extra room, and Uncle Nicky’s supervising the construction. | 有空房间 尼奇叔叔在监工 |
[07:22] | I’m sure he’d be… | 我肯定他 |
[07:24] | happy to see you. | 见到你会很高兴 |
[07:26] | Oh. Nicky’s bringing his new girlfriend. | 对了 尼奇要带他的新女友去 |
[07:28] | I mean, yeah, I could… | 这样的话 好 或许… |
[07:31] | I could do that, maybe. | 或许我能去 |
[07:35] | Wait, is this a sex thing? | 等等 要约炮吗 |
[07:39] | No. | 不 |
[07:41] | No? I mean, | 不要吧 我是说 |
[07:43] | we are both adults, right, | 我们都是成年人 对吧 |
[07:44] | who have slept with each other in the past. | 以前也上过床 |
[07:47] | We’re both very single, | 我俩都单身 |
[07:49] | both very lonely. | 都很寂寞 |
[07:50] | I don’t know. What’s, what’s your temperature | 我不知道 如果要约的话 |
[07:52] | on this being a sex thing? | 你什么态度 |
[07:54] | I mean, I could go either way. | 我怎样都行 |
[07:56] | It’d be nice to know, though, | 但说清楚更好 |
[07:57] | ’cause it’ll change my packing and grooming. | 因为会影响我带的行李和打扮风格 |
[07:59] | Of course. Yeah. | 当然了 |
[08:01] | I mean, am I open to it? Yes. | 要我说 我接受这种可能吗 是的 |
[08:03] | Am I expecting it? No. | 我期待吗 不 |
[08:05] | Did I ask you with that in mind? | 我问你的时候有这么想吗 |
[08:08] | No, but then… then you said, | 没有 但后来你问了 |
[08:10] | “Is this a sex thing,” And I, I… | “要约炮吗” 我… |
[08:12] | – I perked up. – Oh, my God. | -我就来精神了 -天啊 |
[08:14] | Send me the address. I’ll be there by tomorrow afternoon. | 把地址发给我 我明天下午到 |
[08:16] | See you there. | 到时候见 |
[08:21] | Hey. Greetings, | 你好啊 |
[08:23] | Wife of mine. | 我的老婆 |
[08:24] | How’s things? | 今天怎么样 |
[08:35] | – Good day? – Good day? | -不错吗 -不错吗 |
[08:38] | Not really. | 并不是 |
[08:40] | I’d say it was a borderline crappy day. | 几乎算是糟糕的一天了 |
[08:41] | There’s meetings and red tape, | 开了很多会 纠结繁文缛节 |
[08:43] | – Lackluster lunch salad. – I keep telling you, | -单调的午餐沙拉 -我一直跟你说 |
[08:46] | – you have to have a carb at lunch, baby. – Yes. | -中午得吃点碳水 亲爱的 -嗯 |
[08:48] | I told you that, get a potato in there somewhere. | 我跟你说过 在里面加个土豆 |
[08:50] | But it is Friday night, | 但现在是周五晚上 |
[08:52] | and I have the entire weekend ahead of me | 我即将迎来整个周末 |
[08:53] | with my beautiful, overworked wife. | 和我漂亮的工作狂老婆一起度过 |
[08:56] | Including a romantic dinner tomorrow night | 包括明晚一顿浪漫晚餐 |
[08:58] | at the Thai spot on 9th Street with that branzino. | 在9街的泰国餐馆 吃海鲈鱼 |
[09:01] | The branzino. That’s a sexy fish. | 海鲈鱼 真是种性感的鱼 |
[09:03] | Okay, and after that, I’m thinking maybe we do a little dancing. | 之后 或许我们可以跳跳舞 |
[09:06] | – No. No. – What? What? | -不 不行 -什么 怎么了 |
[09:07] | I’m gonna have to burst this fantasy bubble | 我得在变得更郁闷之前 |
[09:09] | before I get too depressed. | 戳破这个幻想泡泡 |
[09:10] | We can’t do tomorrow night. | 明晚不行 |
[09:12] | Se, se puede. We can, and we must. Why? Why? | 行 我们可以 必须可以 为什么 |
[09:15] | Because Deja said that Malik is in town for 24 hours | 因为黛佳说马利克要进城待一天 |
[09:18] | and wants to have dinner with us tomorrow night? | 明晚想跟我们一起吃晚饭 |
[09:20] | Correction, make dinner for us tomorrow night. | 纠正 明晚给我们做晚饭 |
[09:23] | He wants to make us dinner? | 他想给我们做晚饭 |
[09:25] | What’s his game? | 他打什么主意 |
[09:27] | I don’t know, but it smells a little branzino to me. | 不知道 但我感觉有点可疑 |
[09:31] | Well, maybe it’s an apology | 或许是要道歉 |
[09:33] | for participating in her secret trip to Boston | 因为他参与了她去波士顿的秘密旅行 |
[09:36] | and the lying and the… stuff I don’t like to talk about. | 帮她撒谎 做了些我不想谈的事 |
[09:38] | I hope it’s an apology, but I don’t know. | 我希望是道歉 但我不知道 |
[09:42] | Kind of feel like we need to… | 感觉我们需要 |
[09:44] | “Worst case scenario” this bish. | 玩一下”最糟情况”假设游戏 |
[09:46] | You go. | 你先 |
[09:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:49] | Well, obviously, | 显然 |
[09:51] | She’s pregnant. Go | 她怀孕了 来吧 |
[09:54] | They went to Vegas… | 他们去了维加斯 |
[09:56] | …and eloped while we were sleeping. | 趁我们睡着时私奔了 |
[09:58] | – Not preggo, just married. You go. -Okay. | -没怀孕 只是结婚了 到你 -好吧 |
[10:01] | Malik brings out dessert and there’s an engagement ring | 马利克上了甜点 在黛佳的蛋奶酥里 |
[10:04] | in Deja’s souffle, | 有一枚求婚戒指 |
[10:05] | and he proposes to her in front of all of us. | 他当着我们的面向她求婚 |
[10:08] | He pulls me out onto the back porch | 他求婚之前把我拉到后面的门廊 |
[10:09] | before he proposes to ask for permission, and, uh… | 请求我的准许 然后… |
[10:13] | I don’t know, he chooses the back porch because | 我不知道 他选后面的门廊是因为 |
[10:15] | we’ve had some really good talks out there… | 在那里我们深聊过几次… |
[10:17] | Play the game, Randall. | 玩游戏 兰德尔 |
[10:19] | You go. | 到你了 |
[10:21] | Deja wants to adopt Malik’s daughter, | 黛佳想要领养马利克的女儿 |
[10:23] | and they move in here together and live with us forever. | 他们一起搬到这里 跟我们永远住一起 |
[10:31] | We need a new game. | 这游戏玩不下去了 |
[10:42] | All right. What do you think? | 好了 你觉得怎么样 |
[10:44] | Hat or no hat? | 戴帽子 还是不戴帽子 |
[10:47] | No hat. | 不戴帽子 |
[10:48] | Guys in hats are usually trying to hide their hair, | 男人戴帽子通常是想要藏起头发 |
[10:50] | and you have great hair. | 而你的头发很棒 |
[10:52] | I really like your curls. | 我很喜欢你的卷发 |
[10:54] | What about my lipstick, is it too much? | 我的口红怎么样 太过了吗 |
[10:56] | No. You look, um… very nice. | 没有 你看起来…很好 |
[11:00] | It’s too much. | 太过了 |
[11:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:04] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:06] | – You ready for this? – Not at all. | -你准备好了吗 -完全没有 |
[11:10] | Okay, let’s see, um… | 好的 我想想… |
[11:11] | I have three children, | 我有三个孩子 |
[11:14] | all the same age, | 都一边大 |
[11:15] | and I currently live with my daughter. | 我现在跟女儿一起住 |
[11:19] | Actually, I’m…I’m not divorced. | 其实 我…我没离异 |
[11:21] | I’m a widow, actually. | 其实我是丧偶 |
[11:23] | I know, sad, sad, sad. | 我知道 确实很难过 |
[11:26] | There was a fire, | 当时着火了 |
[11:28] | and our whole house burned down. | 我们整栋房子都烧毁了 |
[11:30] | We lost almost everything. | 我们几乎失去了一切 |
[11:33] | He didn’t even die in the fire. | 他甚至不是死于火灾 |
[11:35] | He died of a heart attack in the hospital after. | 他是之后在医院死于心脏病 |
[11:38] | He saved the dog. | 他救了狗 |
[11:40] | They call it a widowmaker. | 他们称之为寡妇制造者 |
[11:42] | I wasn’t even in the room. I was eating a candy bar. | 我甚至不在同一个房间 我在吃糖 |
[11:45] | I don’t think I’m doing great. | 我觉得我表现不好 |
[11:48] | Yeah, me neither. | 我也是 |
[11:50] | Oh, by the way, I’m Miguel, | 对了 我是米格尔 |
[11:52] | and I’m divorced. | 我离婚了 |
[11:53] | I live in a different state from my kids, and they hate me. | 我和孩子住在不同的州 他们讨厌我 |
[11:56] | Oh, hi, Miguel. I’m Rebecca. | 你好 米格尔 我是丽贝卡 |
[11:58] | I’m a widow who can’t seem to stop talking about her husband’s death. | 我是个寡妇 一说起丈夫的去世就停不下来 |
[12:06] | If this next one’s a dud, can we just get out of here? | 如果下一个也不好 我们就走吧 |
[12:09] | – Deal. – Great. | -好的 -好 |
[12:11] | See you soon. | 一会儿见 |
[12:21] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[12:23] | Matt Dickson, | 马特·迪克森 |
[12:24] | from the PTA. | 家长会的那位 |
[12:27] | It’s nice to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[12:29] | It’s good to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[12:30] | How are you? | 你最近怎么样 |
[12:33] | Okay, so, today is officially take most of your family to work day. | 好的 今天是把家人带来上班的一天 |
[12:38] | I brought Jack and Hailey and my mom, Rebecca. | 我带来了杰克 海莉和我妈妈丽贝卡 |
[12:44] | Yeah, and she’s actually a really great piano player. | 她钢琴弹得非常好 |
[12:47] | – I’m okay. – No, she’s really great. | -一般吧 -不 她弹得很好 |
[12:50] | So, I figured, for our jam session today, | 所以 今天的即兴音乐会 |
[12:51] | we could have a guest musician. | 我们有了一位客座音乐家 |
[12:54] | What do you think, Mom? | 你觉得呢 妈妈 |
[12:58] | Oh, my God. They’re gonna kill you. | 我的天 他们会杀了你的 |
[13:01] | When are you gonna tell them? | 你打算什么时候告诉他们 |
[13:03] | We’re thinking right before dessert. | 我们打算吃甜点之前 |
[13:05] | Malik’s making blueberry pie. | 马利克要做蓝莓派 |
[13:06] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[13:07] | You got to butter them up beforehand. | 你们要在之前拍拍他们的马屁 |
[13:08] | Stroke their egos a little bit. | 迎合一下他们的自尊心 |
[13:10] | Ask about Dad’s addiction initiative thing. | 问问爸爸那个戒毒倡议 |
[13:12] | He loves talking about that. | 他喜欢讨论那个 |
[13:14] | Annie, you still got knock knock jokes? | 安妮 你还会讲敲敲门笑话吗 |
[13:16] | I feel like I’ve aged out of knock knock jokes. | 感觉我已经过了讲敲敲门笑话的年龄 |
[13:18] | Well, if I need help, I’ll give you the signal, okay? | 如果我需要帮助 我会给你个信号 好吗 |
[13:27] | What are you ladies conferencing about? | 你们几位女士在聊什么呢 |
[13:28] | Algebra. | 代数 |
[13:28] | – Knock knock jokes. – Nothing. | -敲敲门笑话 -没什么 |
[13:30] | Oh, I miss your knock knock jokes, Annie. | 我怀念你的敲敲门笑话了 安妮 |
[13:33] | Hey, brother of mine. | 老哥 你好 |
[13:37] | So I’m in a car headed to the mom house. | 我正在开车去往妈妈的房子 |
[13:39] | Uncle Nicky’s there on the ground floor, | 尼奇叔在那 住一楼 |
[13:41] | and Cassidy’s coming this weekend, so… | 卡西迪这周末要来 所以 |
[13:43] | Whoa, war vet Cassidy? | 退役军人卡西迪吗 |
[13:44] | Like, Nicky threw a chair at her, | 是被尼奇扔了椅子 |
[13:45] | and then you slept with her? | 还和你睡了的那个 |
[13:46] | Well, I mean, that’s a bit reductive, | 你可真会挑重点 |
[13:48] | but… yeah, her. | 但 是她 |
[13:49] | Oh, man, I did not see that one coming. | 老兄 我没想到会这样 |
[13:53] | Coming down the home stretch, | 在冲刺阶段 |
[13:54] | seemingly out of nowhere, | 突然凭空出现 |
[13:55] | beating out all the local favorites, | 打败了所有本地美女 |
[13:56] | passing Sophie, passing Madison | 超越了苏菲 超越了麦迪逊 |
[13:58] | passing Zoe, my African American cousin. | 超越了我的美国非裔表妹佐伊 |
[14:00] | Can she do it? Yes! | 她能做到吗 能 |
[14:02] | It’s Cassidy by a hundredth of a second. | 卡西迪以百分之一秒的优势获胜 |
[14:05] | It’s not like that at all. | 根本不是你说的那样 |
[14:07] | Believe it or not, there are people out there | 信不信由你 的确有人 |
[14:08] | that are capable of having | 可以发生 |
[14:10] | casual, consensual, you know, | 轻松的 你情我愿的 |
[14:13] | “We’re both hot, so let’s just do it” Sex. | “我们都很辣 不如来一炮”的性关系 |
[14:15] | And you, my brother, are not one of them. | 而你 我的兄弟 不是他们中的一员 |
[14:18] | You try to have a one night stand, | 你想来场一夜情 |
[14:20] | and you wind up with twins. | 结果却有了一对双胞胎 |
[14:22] | You are the world’s strangest serial monogamist. | 你是世上最奇怪的连环一夫一妻论者 |
[14:27] | Okay, well, I’m here, so, um, | 好吧 我到了 所以 |
[14:28] | thank you for the most useless conversation ever. | 谢谢你这堆没用的言论 |
[14:31] | Yeah, man. You have fun at your couples retreat, | 没事 兄弟 享受你的情侣静修吧 |
[14:33] | and do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[14:35] | Try not to propose, okay? | 尽量别求婚 好吗 |
[14:37] | You know how you get. | 你知道结果会怎样 |
[14:38] | Thank you, Randall. | 谢谢你 兰德尔 |
[14:46] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:47] | Come on, nephew! | 你好啊 侄子 |
[14:51] | Married three times, but they never stuck. | 结过三次婚 但从来不长久 |
[14:53] | You know, I wasn’t that great at it | 我并不擅长这些 |
[14:55] | because I was always traveling for work. | 因为我总是要出差 |
[14:57] | – Oh, thank you, sweetie. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 亲爱的 -谢谢 |
[14:59] | But I do have two beautiful children | 但我有两个漂亮的孩子 |
[15:00] | that made the divorces, you know, worth it. | 他们让我觉得离婚也值了 |
[15:03] | She has three marriages, and I have none, | 她结过三次婚 而我至今单身 |
[15:05] | so, I think between the two of us, | 所以我俩中和一下 |
[15:07] | – we almost make a normal person. – Yes. | -就是正常人水平了 -是的 |
[15:11] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[15:13] | I think she seems surprisingly lovely. | 我觉得她特别可爱 |
[15:16] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[15:18] | Sometimes I worry, you know. | 有的时候我很担心 |
[15:19] | I mean, she’s been a flight attendant, you know. | 我是说 她曾经当过空姐 |
[15:21] | She’s… you know, | 她… |
[15:23] | – been around all sorts of guys. – Oh, well. | -她见过形形色色的人 -好吧 |
[15:26] | Just, you know, sometimes I worry | 只是 有的时候我担心 |
[15:28] | that maybe I’m just a port in her storm, you know. | 我只是她暴风雨中的一个港湾 |
[15:31] | Oh, here’s a curveball, | 让我惊讶的是 |
[15:32] | she brought an overnight bag for tonight. | 她今晚带了过夜包 |
[15:35] | Brought an overnight bag? | 带了过夜包 |
[15:38] | – We’re going there? – Oh, yeah. | -都发展到这个地步了 -是的 |
[15:40] | I mean, have you guys consummated yet, or…? | 你们已经圆房了吗 还是 |
[15:42] | – Would you keep your voice down? – I’m sorry. | -你能小声点吗 -抱歉 |
[15:44] | – No. – You know, she’s not listening to what we’re saying. | -不 -她没有在听我们说什么 |
[15:47] | – Sorry. – No, we have not. | -抱歉 -不 还没有 |
[15:50] | It’s been more than a little time since I’ve, you know, | 距离我上次和活生生的女人做爱 |
[15:52] | made love to a real, live woman. | 已经很久了 |
[15:55] | A real, live woman? | 活生生的女人 |
[15:56] | What do you mean by that? That’s just… Listen. | 你什么意思 那…听着 |
[16:00] | Just do it. Just do it. | 做就是了 做就是了 |
[16:01] | – Right. – I’m sure you’ll remember, you know. | -好 -你肯定会记得的 |
[16:02] | – It’s not that complicated. – Right. | -没有那么复杂 -好吧 |
[16:05] | Oh, so, what about, uh… | 那么… |
[16:07] | you and Cassidy, uh, | 你和卡西迪 |
[16:08] | you guys gonna sleep together this weekend? | 你们俩这周末要一起睡吗 |
[16:11] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[16:12] | Oh, yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:15] | Oh, that salad looks great. | 沙拉看起来不错 |
[16:16] | – Yeah, not bad, right? – So, you guys met on the plane? | -还不赖 是吧 -你们在飞机上相遇的吗 |
[16:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:21] | He was belligerent and very, very disruptive. | 他老找茬 非常爱吵架 |
[16:24] | And she was unhelpful and unfriendly. | 她没帮上忙 也不友好 |
[16:28] | Got to love that initial first spark, you know what I mean? | 你会爱上那最初的火花的 明白吗 |
[16:30] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[16:30] | I always say my Uncle Nicky’s an acquired taste. | 我总是说尼奇叔叔是慢热型 |
[16:33] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[16:34] | Hey, tell… tell Kevin what you think of The Manny. | 跟凯文说说你对《靓男保姆》的看法 |
[16:37] | – Nicky. Nicky. No, that’s terrible. – No, tell him. | -尼奇 尼奇 不 这样不好 -不 告诉他 |
[16:40] | – She hates it. – Oh, my God. | -她讨厌那部剧 -我的天 |
[16:41] | She hates it. She thinks it’s really dumb. | 她讨厌那部剧 她觉得很蠢 |
[16:43] | It’s so rude. | 真没礼貌 |
[16:45] | Would you stop eating my chicken? | 你能别吃我的鸡肉了吗 |
[16:47] | Can my Uncle Nicky be a closet lady killer? | 我叔叔尼奇是个隐形熟女杀手吧 |
[16:51] | They’re very cute. | 他们真可爱 |
[16:52] | – Can you pass the salad? – Yeah. | -你能把沙拉递给我吗 -好 |
[16:57] | – Thank you. – New love. | -谢谢 -热恋期 |
[16:58] | It’s quite nice. | 真好 |
[17:09] | Oh, gosh. Okay, so that’s Randall, | 天啊 说完了兰德尔 |
[17:11] | that’s Kate… Oh, um, and my son, Kevin, | 说完了凯特 还有我的儿子 凯文 |
[17:14] | is in Los Angeles trying to be an actor. | 他在洛杉矶 打算做演员 |
[17:18] | An actor? | 演员 |
[17:19] | Wow, and how do you feel about that? | 那你是怎么想的 |
[17:21] | It seems impossible to me, but, um… | 我感觉不太可能 但是… |
[17:24] | part of me is just proud | 一部分我又为 |
[17:25] | that he has the guts to do it, | 他的勇气感到自豪 |
[17:28] | – You know? – Yeah. | -你懂吗 -嗯 |
[17:30] | I wanted to be a detective. | 我曾经想当侦探 |
[17:31] | – Really? – Yeah. That was always my big dream. | -真的吗 -是的 那一直是我的梦想 |
[17:35] | Well, you…you could still be a detective. | 现在当侦探也不晚 |
[17:37] | – You think so? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[17:38] | I mean, I don’t want to brag, | 其实 我不想吹牛 |
[17:40] | but I am really good at guessing who did it on Law and Order. | 但我真的很擅长猜出《法律与秩序》里的凶手 |
[17:43] | See, I never know who did it. | 你看 我就永远猜不出来 |
[17:46] | I always just assume it’s the first person. | 我总会假设是第一个上场的人 |
[17:48] | No, you…that’s your first problem. | 不对 这是你第一个问题 |
[17:50] | It’s never the first person, | 永远不可能是第一个人 |
[17:51] | and also, it’s never the person that works at the pizzeria. | 而且 也绝对不是在披萨店工作的人 |
[17:55] | I am learning so much right now. | 我真是涨知识了 |
[18:01] | – I I have to… – This was really fun. | -我得… -跟你聊天很开心 |
[18:03] | It was nice to catch up with you, Matt. | 很高兴能跟你叙旧 马特 |
[18:04] | – This was nice. – Yeah. | -很有趣 -嗯 |
[18:12] | Hi. I’m Ren. I like your vibe. | 你好 我叫伦 我喜欢你的气场 |
[18:15] | – Hi. I. I’m… – Rebecca? | -你好 我是… -丽贝卡 |
[18:17] | I’m I’m so sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打断一下 |
[18:19] | I don’t know if the, you know, | 我不知道我这样说… |
[18:21] | speed dating police are gonna arrest me for speeding or something, | 在闪电约会中是不是会被罚超速驾驶 |
[18:24] | but I was wondering… | 但我想问… |
[18:27] | do you want to get coffee with me | 你愿意跟我去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[18:30] | after this? | 活动结束后 |
[18:32] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[18:34] | I’d love that. | 我很乐意 |
[18:35] | – Me, too. – Okay. | -我也是 -好的 |
[18:42] | I have a ferret. | 我养了一只雪貂 |
[18:47] | Seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[18:52] | You know what? Makes me nervous just to imagine | 你知道吗 我光是想想就紧张 |
[18:54] | what might be going on under that blanket. | 不知道毯子下面在上演什么好戏 |
[18:57] | I’m proud of the old man. | 我为老爷子感到骄傲 |
[19:00] | Listen, um… | 话说… |
[19:02] | Would you want to help | 你愿意… |
[19:04] | Nicky oversee the construction here | 在你不需要照顾马蒂的日子里 |
[19:06] | on the days you don’t have Matty? I mean, | 帮尼奇盯一下这里的施工进度吗 |
[19:09] | – I Could pay you for it. – I Don’t need your charity. | -我可以付钱给你 -我不需要你的施舍 |
[19:11] | It’s not a charity thing. It’s a… | 我不是为了施舍 |
[19:14] | It’s a “The contractor told me | 是因为包工头跟我说 |
[19:15] | that Uncle Nicky threw a stapler at them” thing. | 尼奇叔叔朝他们扔了一个订书机 |
[19:17] | And since you, | 而你 |
[19:19] | since you managed classified operations in Afghanistan, | 而你曾经在阿富汗负责执行机密任务 |
[19:22] | I figure maybe you could handle a contractor and my uncle. | 我觉得你应该能管好包工头和我叔 |
[19:26] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[19:27] | You’ll think about it? Very good. Well, you think away. | 你会考虑吗 很好 你慢慢考虑 |
[19:30] | Thinking. Still thinking. | 我想想 还在想 |
[19:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:41] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:46] | Hey, do you want to go get ice cream or something? | 你想吃个冰淇淋什么的吗 |
[19:50] | – Yeah, sure. Yeah. – Yeah? | -好啊 当然 -好吗 |
[19:52] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[20:02] | There you go. | 请用 |
[20:05] | Gnocchi looks… | 意式土豆球的卖相… |
[20:07] | excellent, Malik. | 很不错 马利克 |
[20:08] | Thank you. Everybody, please, dig in. | 谢谢 各位请开动吧 |
[20:23] | We had wanted to apologize | 我们一直想为 |
[20:25] | for the weekend that Deja came to Boston. | 黛佳去波士顿的那个周末道歉 |
[20:28] | We should’ve handled that differently for sure. | 那件事我们确实处理得很欠妥 |
[20:31] | I know that you guys have already spoken with Deja, but… | 我知道你们已经和黛佳聊过了 但… |
[20:34] | I wanted to get a chance to look you both in the eyes | 我也一直想找个机会 代表我自己 |
[20:36] | and apologize myself as well. | 再跟二位长辈当面道个歉 |
[20:39] | It was definitely a mutual decision. | 那件事我们两个都有责任 |
[20:46] | Thank you for saying that, Malik. | 感谢你这么说 马利克 |
[20:48] | And may I just say | 然后我想说 |
[20:51] | that, um… this is | 这… 这是 |
[20:52] | the best butter sauce I’ve ever tasted, so… | 我尝过最棒的黄油酱 所以… |
[20:55] | Thank you. Brown butter. | 谢谢 用了焦化黄油 |
[20:59] | Mom, how’s it going at the dance studio? | 妈 你的舞蹈工作室怎么样了 |
[21:01] | I’d love to hear about it. | 我想听你聊聊 |
[21:02] | – What? – That’s very nice, Tess. | -什么 -你真贴心 苔丝 |
[21:04] | It’s unusually nice, Tess. | 真是贴心得很 苔丝 |
[21:05] | Yeah, work is fine. | 嗯 挺顺利的 |
[21:07] | Busy, finding my way, but… | 很忙 还在摸索 不过… |
[21:10] | You know… it’s good. Thanks for asking, | 还挺好的 谢谢关心 |
[21:13] | for the very first time ever. | 有史以来第一次 |
[21:18] | Does anyone want to hear a knock‐knock joke? | 有人想听敲敲门笑话吗 |
[21:21] | Okay, what’s going on? | 好吧 这是什么情况 |
[21:23] | – What? What? – What? | -什么 怎么了 -什么 |
[21:24] | You two are making eyes at each other, | 你们俩在互相使眼色 |
[21:25] | and not the normal lovey-dovey eyes, | 而且不是普通的眉目传情 |
[21:27] | okay, it’s the “We’re up to something” eyes. | 而是 “我们在盘算着什么”的眼神 |
[21:29] | And Tess is showing unusual interest in things she is | 苔丝对她根本毫不关心的话题 |
[21:32] | off-the-charts uninterested in, and I ain’t heard | 表现出了异常的兴趣 而且我至少 |
[21:34] | a knock‐knock joke in this house for a clean seven years, | 有整整七年没听过敲敲门笑话了 |
[21:36] | so what’s going‐‐ You’re tugging your ear. | 所以到底怎么…你在揪耳朵 |
[21:38] | Why’s she tugging her ear? | 她为什么要揪耳朵 |
[21:39] | – What’s tugging that ear? – What’s she doing? | -揪耳朵什么意思 -她在做什么 |
[21:40] | – I’m getting a C in Algebra. – What? | -我代数课得了C -什么 |
[21:42] | But you’ve been working with a tutor. What the… | 你不是找家教补课了吗 什么… |
[21:43] | It’s a tactic. It’s all tactics. | 这都是战术 都是战术 |
[21:45] | – They’re tactics. Spill it. – Yeah, you right. | -他们在打马虎眼 说吧 -对 你说得对 |
[21:48] | Now. | 现在就说 |
[21:51] | I’m finishing out this school semester next month, | 我准备下个月就结束学业 |
[21:54] | and I’m moving to Boston with Malik. | 然后搬到波士顿和马利克在一起 |
[22:03] | Knock, knock! | 咚咚咚 |
[22:21] | – Thank you for the coffee. – Oh, you’re welcome. | -谢谢你请我喝咖啡 -不客气 |
[22:24] | And I would’ve sprung for the muffin. | 其实我还想多来个松饼的 |
[22:25] | Oh, the muffin would’ve been moving | 吃松饼对我来说 |
[22:27] | little too fast for me, but… | 进展有点快了 但是… |
[22:29] | I had a lot of fun. | 我玩得很开心 |
[22:32] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[22:34] | A‐And next time we go out, | 下次我们约会之前 |
[22:36] | I promise I won’t make you date seven guys beforehand. | 我保证不让你先跟七个人约会了 |
[22:40] | Deal. | 说定了 |
[22:47] | I’ll call you. | 回头再约 |
[22:48] | I’d like that. | 我很愿意 |
[23:11] | *But everybody’s like, Cristal, Maybach, diamonds* | *但所有人都追求香槟 豪车* |
[23:14] | *On your timepiece, jet planes, islands* | *镶钻名表 私人飞机 度假小岛* |
[23:16] | *Tigers on a gold leash, we don’t care* | *拴着金链的老虎 我们不在乎* |
[23:20] | *We aren’t caught up in your love affair* | *我们对你们的风流韵事毫无兴趣* |
[23:22] | *And we’ll never be royals* | *我们永远不会成为贵族* |
[23:25] | *Royals* | *贵族* |
[23:26] | *It don’t run in our blood* | *我们留着平民的血液* |
[23:29] | *That kind of luxe just ain’t for us* | *纸醉金迷不属于我们* |
[23:31] | *We crave a different kind of buzz* | *我们渴望另一种热闹* |
[23:34] | *Let me be your…* | *让我成为你的…* |
[23:35] | Are you still on the boat? | 你还在船上吗 |
[23:37] | No. I’m actually walking back to the car, and for the record, | 没有 我正在往回走 而且我得声明 |
[23:41] | it was not a canoe. Legit yacht. | 并不是小船 确实是豪华游艇 |
[23:45] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. | -一切顺利吗 -嗯 |
[23:48] | No. | 不 |
[23:50] | We’re at the school with my mom, and she’s… | 我们和妈都在学校 她真的… |
[23:53] | so happy. | 很高兴 |
[23:55] | W‐We’re happy. | 我们都很高兴 |
[23:56] | Finally in a good place and… | 我们的关系终于融洽了… |
[23:59] | It just took a long time to get here, Tobe. | 可是花了很长时间才走到这步 小托 |
[24:02] | How many bumps in the road? Like 30 years of bumps. | 路上遇到了多少坎坷呢 三十年的坎坷 |
[24:05] | We just lost so much time. | 我们错过了那么多时间 |
[24:07] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | 别别别 |
[24:08] | You still have time. | 你还有时间 |
[24:11] | Kate, you‐you still have a lot of time. | 凯特 你还有大把时间 |
[24:15] | – Nice. Sounds so good. – Yeah, I know. | -很好 唱得真棒 -嗯 我知道 |
[24:19] | But, Tobe, I’ve got to tell her tonight. | 但小托 我今晚得告诉她 |
[24:21] | I understand. I’m sorry. | 我理解 我也很遗憾 |
[24:23] | I love you so much. | 我很爱你 |
[24:26] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[24:27] | Okay. Bye. | 好了 再见 |
[24:29] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[24:40] | You’re joking, right? | 你在开玩笑 对吗 |
[24:43] | I took on three extra A.P. classes this semester, | 我这学期额外上了三门预科课程 |
[24:47] | so, technically, that gives me | 所以 严格来说 我已经 |
[24:49] | enough credits to graduate. | 修够足够学分可以毕业了 |
[24:52] | And I can take the G.E.D. in December, | 我可以参加十二月的高中毕业考试 |
[24:54] | ‐ With your permission. ‐ Permission not granted. | -只要你们允许 -我不允许 |
[24:57] | Take a breath, babe. | 深呼吸 宝贝 |
[24:59] | You two, go upstairs, please. | 你们俩先上楼 |
[25:10] | Harvard does offer classes for current high school students | 哈佛会为高中在读学生 |
[25:13] | and students that are looking to take a year off. | 以及计划休学一年的学生提供课程 |
[25:15] | It would essentially be like a gap year, | 这就相当于间隔一年 |
[25:17] | and then I’d apply to college in the fall. | 然后我会在秋季申请大学 |
[25:19] | Enough. You don’t have to show us | 够了 你们不必把准备好的说辞 |
[25:20] | the whole PowerPoint presentation. | 逐一向我们呈现 |
[25:22] | You know what, Deja, you’re 17 years old. | 黛佳 你才17岁 |
[25:24] | You’re a junior in high school. | 你还是个高一学生 |
[25:25] | You’re not dropping out to move in | 你不能辍学 搬去另一个区 |
[25:27] | with your boyfriend in another state. | 跟男朋友同居 |
[25:28] | It wouldn’t be dropping out. It would be graduating early. | 不是辍学 是提前毕业 |
[25:32] | I promise, we would be doing a lot of studying. | 我保证 我们会好好学习 |
[25:34] | I‐I mean, we hold each other accountable. | 我们会互相监督 |
[25:36] | ‐ We encourage each other. ‐ I bet you do. | -互相鼓励 -为彼此”鼓掌”是吧 |
[25:38] | ‐ That’s rude. ‐ I’m rude? | -别这么没礼貌 -我没礼貌 |
[25:41] | I’m sorry, this whole thing is rude. | 抱歉 这整件事才叫没礼貌 |
[25:42] | Y’all are rude. | 你们很没礼貌 |
[25:44] | You are not old enough to make this kind of decision. | 你根本没到能做这种决定的年龄 |
[25:46] | Oh, now I’m not old enough? | 现在我又变成没到年龄了 |
[25:48] | What are you talking about, man? | 你在说什么 小姑娘 |
[25:51] | All those times you told me I’m “Wise beyond my years”? | 你总说我”拥有超出这个年纪的智慧” |
[25:56] | It’s because I am, Randall. | 那是因为我确实如此 兰德尔 |
[25:59] | I’ve lived a lot more life in my 17 years | 我这17年经历的事 |
[26:04] | than a lot of people twice my age, | 比三十多岁的人还多 |
[26:06] | and you, out of anyone in this world, | 而你 应该是这世界上 |
[26:10] | knows that best. | 最清楚这一点的人 |
[26:21] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[26:22] | Can you take a breath and have a conversation? | 你能深呼吸 大家好好聊聊吗 |
[26:24] | ‐ Can we do that? ‐ No, we can’t, Beth. | -我们能做到吗 -不 做不到 贝丝 |
[26:27] | ‘Cause I have nothing to say about any of this. | 因为我对这件事没什么好说的 |
[26:48] | Hi. I thought you were at Molly’s. | 你不是去莫莉家了吗 |
[26:51] | Yeah, Molly was tired. Whose car was that? | 莫莉说她累了 刚才那是谁的车 |
[26:56] | Uh, believe it or not, | 你可能不会信 |
[27:00] | I was on a date. | 我刚去约会了 |
[27:03] | You went on a date? | 你去约会了 |
[27:04] | Well, eh, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[27:06] | Miguel and I went and did this silly speed dating thing, | 我和米格尔参加了一场很蠢的闪电约会 |
[27:10] | and I ended up running into a man | 但我在那遇到一个 |
[27:12] | that I actually knew there, | 之前认识的男人 |
[27:13] | and we went and had some coffee. | 然后我们就一起去喝咖啡了 |
[27:15] | You went and got coffee until, like, 10:00? | 你们喝咖啡喝到10点吗 |
[27:18] | You were the one telling me to get a life. | 是你告诉我要好好生活的 |
[27:20] | No, no, I told you to stop watching that stupid show | 不 我是说不要跟愚蠢的米格尔 |
[27:23] | with stupid Miguel. | 看愚蠢的节目 |
[27:25] | So, what, what, you’re, like, dating now? | 所以你现在是在干什么 谈恋爱吗 |
[27:29] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:31] | Look, Kate, I know it’s weird, | 凯特 我知道这很奇怪 |
[27:34] | but I have to start to try to move on. | 但我得开始试着放下过去 |
[27:37] | Oh, right. Move on from Dad, because he’s dead. I’m aware. | 对 放下爸爸 因为他死了 我很清楚 |
[27:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:44] | I’m sorry, yeah. I, I’m‐‐ | 对不起 我… |
[27:46] | I should have been a little bit more sensitive with you | 我提起这件事时 应该多考虑一点 |
[27:48] | when I brought it up, but I really believe | 你的感受 但我坚信 |
[27:50] | that I deserve happiness. | 我值得幸福 |
[27:51] | I think it’s what your father would want. | 我觉得你爸也希望如此 |
[27:53] | In fact, I know it’s what your father would want. | 应该说 我很肯定你爸也会希望如此 |
[27:55] | Oh, by making out with some random dude you just met? | 希望你和刚认识的男人随意亲热吗 |
[27:58] | Okay, you know what? | 够了 你听我说 |
[27:59] | You are on some thin ice with me right now, young lady. | 你要注意你的用词和语气 小姑娘 |
[28:03] | That is not what happened, and maybe one day you’ll understand. | 我没跟他亲热 也许有一天你会理解我 |
[28:05] | No, Mom. No, I won’t. And neither would Dad. | 不 妈 我不会理解 爸也不会理解 |
[28:08] | And he wouldn’t be happy for you running around town like a slut! | 他不会愿意看到你变成一个荡妇 |
[28:16] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[28:35] | Mom. | 妈 |
[28:36] | Thank you so much for all of your help today. | 非常感谢你今天来帮我 |
[28:38] | Oh, my pleasure. | 别客气 |
[28:41] | I had a blast. | 我很开心 |
[28:42] | And I learned who Doja Cat is. | 我还知道了豆荚猫是谁 |
[28:45] | Not a cat, but a rapper. | 不是猫 而是说唱歌手 |
[28:49] | When does Toby get in? | 托比什么时候回来 |
[28:52] | Ah, in an hour. | 一小时后 |
[28:53] | You know, you both have been working so hard. | 你们两个忙工作都很辛苦 |
[28:56] | If you ever want to go have a date night, | 如果你们想晚上出去吃个饭 |
[28:58] | or, you know, go out for the afternoon, | 或者下午出去约个会 |
[29:00] | I am so happy to come over and watch the kids for you. | 我很乐意过来帮你们照顾孩子 |
[29:05] | Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 其实 我正想跟你说这件事 |
[29:09] | Toby and I talked, and… | 我和托比谈过了… |
[29:12] | What? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[29:14] | Well, given your last PET scan, | 根据你上次脑扫描的检查结果 |
[29:16] | we just don’t feel comfortable with you taking care | 我们觉得让你单独照顾孩子 |
[29:19] | of the kids alone anymore. | 不太好 |
[29:21] | We know that you would never do anything intentionally. | 我们知道你肯定不会故意做错事 |
[29:25] | It’s just without another adult around, | 只是身边没有其他成年人 |
[29:26] | we just can’t‐‐ Mom, I’m really sorry. | 我们不太放心… 妈 真的对不起 |
[29:29] | Oh, so that’s why you wanted me to go to school with you today | 怪不得你今天让我跟你去学校 |
[29:32] | instead of watching the kids here. | 而不是留在家照顾孩子 |
[29:35] | Not ’cause you actually wanted me to go with you. | 并不是因为你真的想让我跟你去 |
[29:39] | No, I did want you to come. | 不 我是真的想让你去 |
[29:40] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[29:43] | I think I’m gonna go home, Kate. | 我先回家了 凯特 |
[30:08] | Apologies for walking out. | 很抱歉我摔桌子走了 |
[30:11] | Didn’t expect that conversation. | 我没料到会有那场谈话 |
[30:17] | I get it. | 我知道 |
[30:22] | You know, you and I have spent a lot of time together, Malik. | 我们聊过不少天 马利克 |
[30:26] | And, uh, I feel like | 我觉得 |
[30:30] | I’ve tried to impart some wisdom to you. | 我也一直试图向你传授一些智慧 |
[30:33] | No, you‐you’ve been great to me. | 是的 你对我很好 |
[30:35] | And you’re on a path, man. | 你已经上道了 孩子 |
[30:38] | You are on a great path. | 你走在光明的路上 |
[30:46] | Deja needs to find her own path now, Malik. | 而黛佳现在需要找到自己的路 马利克 |
[30:50] | She’s got two big years ahead of her. | 她还有两年的大好时光 |
[30:54] | Two years that could determine the rest of her life. | 这两年可以决定她的余生 |
[31:01] | You need to end it, Malik. | 你必须做个了断 马利克 |
[31:04] | ‐ You need to do it for her. ‐ What? | -为了她你必须这样做 -什么 |
[31:05] | I’m not gonna… I love her. | 我不会… 我爱她 |
[31:08] | If you really love her, man, then you will do | 如果你真的爱她 你就会做出 |
[31:09] | what is best for her. | 对她最好的选择 |
[31:12] | But leaving school, leaving her home… | 但离开学校 离开家 |
[31:15] | Moving six hours away. | 搬去离家6小时车程的地方 |
[31:17] | Moving in with an 18‐year‐old and his daughter. | 搬去跟一个18岁的男人和他女儿同居 |
[31:21] | That is not what’s best for her, man. | 这对她不是最好的 孩子 |
[31:24] | You are a very smart young man. You know that. | 你是个非常聪明的年轻人 你也清楚 |
[31:37] | I’m gonna go ahead | 你的这番话 |
[31:38] | and not tell Deja about this conversation. | 我不会让黛佳知道 |
[31:42] | Because I really do love her. | 因为我真的爱她 |
[31:45] | And I care about you all’s relationship. | 而且我在乎你们的关系 |
[31:49] | And I can promise you she would not feel good about this. | 我保证她听到之后不会高兴的 |
[31:59] | I’m just saying, Bubble Gum is… | 我就是觉得 泡泡糖味… |
[32:02] | I’ve just never seen anyone over the age of nine | 我以前从没见过哪个九岁以上的人 |
[32:04] | order that before. | 会点这个 |
[32:04] | It’s the universal worst flavor of ice cream. | 这个口味的冰淇淋最难吃了 |
[32:07] | Well, maybe I like an underdog. | 也许是我偏爱失败者吧 |
[32:15] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[32:18] | I’m sorry, I thought we said that was on the table. | 对不起 我以为你之前说这样可以的 |
[32:20] | I said I might want to have sex with you. | 我说了我可能愿意和你上床 |
[32:22] | I didn’t say I wanted to hold your hand. | 可没说我想牵你的手 |
[32:23] | O‐Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:27] | Wait, hold‐‐ Why? | 等等 为什么 |
[32:29] | Yes, we did, we came together in a time of loneliness | 是啊 我们确实是因为寂寞和上瘾 |
[32:32] | and‐and addiction. | 才有了第一次 |
[32:35] | But what if… | 可如果… |
[32:37] | What if that inner darkness actually turned out to be | 如果这种内心的黑暗 |
[32:39] | something kind of wonderful? | 真的变成了某种美好的情感呢 |
[32:43] | You’ve watched too many rom‐coms, Kevin. | 你浪漫喜剧看得太多了 凯文 |
[32:46] | I think you’re scared. | 我觉得你是在害怕 |
[32:48] | I… | 我… |
[32:52] | There’s no reality to a relationship working with us. | 我们在一起是不现实的 |
[32:58] | Your kids are in L. A. My kid is in Pennsylvania. | 你的孩子们在洛杉矶 我的孩子在宾州 |
[33:01] | I know that, but look, you and I obviously | 我知道 可其实我们之间很明显 |
[33:03] | have a connection. | 有某种特别的联系 |
[33:04] | It’s a false equivalency, Kevin. | 凯文 这不能相提并论 |
[33:08] | Your inner darkness… | 你内心的黑暗 |
[33:13] | is not the same as mine. | 和我的完全不同 |
[33:14] | Have you noticed that when you text at 3:00 in the morning, | 你有没有注意到 你每次凌晨三点给我发短信 |
[33:16] | I’m always awake? | 而我总是醒着 |
[33:20] | Our darknesses are not the same. | 我们的黑暗是不同的 |
[33:27] | You are chasing the wrong blonde in the wrong city. | 你在一个错误的城市追着一个错误的金发妹子 |
[33:33] | And if you want | 如果你希望 |
[33:34] | that rom-com love story, | 这是一部爱情喜剧片的话 |
[33:38] | you should go make things right with her. | 那你应该去找她 把问题解决清楚 |
[33:43] | I’m not even sure I know which blonde you’re talking about, | 说句实话 我甚至不确定你到底在说 |
[33:44] | to be honest with you. | 哪个金发妹子 |
[33:45] | You see how that’s a problem? | 你明白问题在哪了吗 |
[33:48] | – Yeah. – Aw, Kevin, | -是的 -凯文 |
[33:50] | you’ve been blowing up women’s lives | 在过去的二十多年里 |
[33:51] | for the better part of two decades. | 你大多都在毁掉很多女人的生活 |
[33:54] | – I know you mean… Oh, come on. Ah! | -我知道你是好意… -好扎心 |
[33:55] | I know you mean well, I do. | 我知道你不是有意的 真的 |
[33:56] | But, you know, you are, like, a big handsome wrecking ball. | 可是你就像一个帅气的大落锤 |
[34:01] | I’m not blowing people’s lives up, no. | 我可没有毁掉别人的生活 没有 |
[34:03] | Okay. All right, you married one, | 好吧 你娶了一个 |
[34:05] | and then cheated, | 然后劈腿了 |
[34:06] | and then nearly married her again. | 然后差点又和她复婚了 |
[34:09] | The current one, you couldn’t say “I love you,” | 而现在那位 你没法对她说”我爱你” |
[34:11] | but now you’re obsessed with hating the new boyfriend. | 但你却对她的新男友耿耿于怀 |
[34:15] | Be careful, or you’re gonna blow that up, too. | 你要当心点 不然这位也会被你毁掉的 |
[34:21] | I’m too messed up already. | 我已经破碎不堪了 |
[34:25] | Leave me in peace. | 给我个清净吧 |
[34:39] | – Hello? – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[34:41] | Hey, Rebecca, how was the coffee? | 丽贝卡 咖啡喝得怎么样 |
[34:44] | Oh, Miguel… | 米格尔 |
[34:47] | Kate and I just got in this horrible fight. | 我和凯特刚刚吵了一大架 |
[34:49] | She said some really terrible things to me, | 她说了些很重的话 |
[34:52] | and I lost it. | 然后我就失控了 |
[34:54] | I mean, I really, really, really lost my temper. | 我真的 真的 真的一下爆发了 |
[34:58] | God, Miguel… I slapped her. | 天哪 米格尔 我扇了她 |
[35:03] | Hey, it’s okay. I’m-I’m here, and there’s no judgment. | 没事的 跟我说说 不用那么自责 |
[35:08] | Every once in a while a parent loses it. Okay? | 每个家长都有情绪失控的时候 好吗 |
[35:11] | Yeah, I know, but it was just so hard to go out tonight | 我知道 但今晚我能出去约会 |
[35:14] | in the first place, you know. | 对我来说真的非常难 |
[35:16] | This grief, it’s just so… | 这份悲伤实在是… |
[35:20] | It’s so deep. | 太深切了 |
[35:23] | And, I don’t know, it’s just, | 我也不知道 真的 |
[35:25] | it’s-it’s unbearable, you know? | 已经难以忍受了 你明白吗 |
[35:28] | It’s like I don’t know how to do this. | 我已经不知道该怎么面对了 |
[35:30] | I don’t know how to do any of this. | 我完全不知道该怎么继续下去 |
[35:45] | Worst Case Scenario game needs to be retired. | 最糟情况的假设游戏该结束了 |
[35:48] | And where’d you go? | 你刚刚去哪了 |
[35:50] | To the stoop. | 门廊 |
[35:53] | Next time you want to leave me with Romeo and Juliet, | 下次你把我留给罗密欧和朱丽叶之前 |
[35:56] | give me a little heads-up, huh? | 麻烦先给我点预警 好吗 |
[35:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:00] | I ran into Malik on his way out. | 马利克出去的时候我碰到他了 |
[36:02] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:04] | Yeah. I talked to him. Didn’t go great. | 是的 我和他聊了 聊得不太好 |
[36:08] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[36:11] | I said that he should think about Deja here, | 我说他应该多替黛佳考虑 |
[36:14] | and that he should take a step back. | 也许他应该和她分手 |
[36:17] | Oh, babe. | 宝贝 |
[36:19] | That didn’t turn out well for Romeo and Juliet’s parents. | 这招没让罗密欧和朱丽叶的父母讨到好 |
[36:21] | It’s not gonna turn out well for us. | 我们俩用这招也讨不到好 |
[36:22] | What happened with the parents? I don’t remember. | 他们的父母怎么了 我不记得了 |
[36:24] | The kids killed themselves. | 两个孩子自杀了 |
[36:25] | That’s what happened to the parents; the children died. | 这就是父母的结局 白发人送黑发人 |
[36:27] | Because they tried to keep them apart. | 就因为父母不让他们在一起 |
[36:29] | I won’t let her life go off track when she’s come this far. | 她努力了这么久 我不会让她脱离正轨的 |
[36:31] | – I think we need to be firm about that. – Mm-mm. | -我们俩必须坚定一点 -是吗 |
[36:33] | I don’t think you understand how dangerous | 我觉得你还没有意识到 |
[36:35] | the position we’re in is right now. | 我们现在的处境有多危险 |
[36:38] | Imagine that you were that age, | 想象一下你在她那个年纪的时候 |
[36:40] | and somebody told you that you could not date me. | 有人告诉你 你不能再和我约会了 |
[36:46] | You’re making a mistake, Randall, | 兰德尔 你这么做是不对的 |
[36:48] | and we’ll lose our daughter. | 我们可能会失去女儿 |
[37:09] | No, you’re not supposed to respond to a text with a call. | 不 你不应该打电话来回应短信 |
[37:13] | Yeah, sorry, man, I thought it might be an emergency. | 抱歉 哥们 我还以为你有急事呢 |
[37:15] | Everything okay? | 一切都还好吧 |
[37:16] | Yeah. Yeah, everything’s fine. | 挺好的 都挺好的 |
[37:18] | Everything okay with my kids? | 孩子们都还好吧 |
[37:19] | Yeah, I just left. | 是的 我刚刚走 |
[37:20] | Franny did that thing where she scoots over to Nicky, | 弗兰妮又做了那个动作 就是靠近尼奇 |
[37:23] | you know, and kind of leans into him, like a hug. | 有点贴着他 像要拥抱似的 |
[37:25] | That’s the, uh, the hug tackle, I call it. | 我把那个动作叫作拥抱拦截 |
[37:27] | It’s the –it’s the best. | 那个动作真是太棒了 |
[37:29] | Oh, it’s the best. | 非常棒 |
[37:31] | Uh, listen, I want to tell you something. | 是这样 我想跟你说点事 |
[37:38] | When you’re buying food, or ordering food, | 你下次买吃的或者叫外卖的时候 |
[37:42] | like a smoothie or something, | 比如奶昔之类的 |
[37:45] | don’t ask Madison if she wants one. | 不用问麦迪逊是不是也想要 |
[37:47] | Just get it for her. | 直接给她买就好 |
[37:49] | You know, she’s-she’s got her eating issues and all that, | 她有进食方面的问题 |
[37:52] | and, um, sometimes she says she doesn’t want something, | 所以有的时候她会说她不想吃某个东西 |
[37:55] | but she really does want something, | 但其实她挺想吃的 |
[37:56] | and it’s just easier that way | 所以不如直接买给她 |
[37:57] | if you just, you just get it. | 这样会更简单 |
[38:02] | You called just to tell me that? | 你打给我就为了告诉我这个 |
[38:04] | I texted you, but yeah. | 我本来是发信息的 不过是的 |
[38:25] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[38:27] | Of course. Yeah. | 当然 |
[38:49] | Mom, I’m really sorry. | 妈 我真的很抱歉 |
[38:51] | No, I overreacted. | 没事 是我反应过激了 |
[38:54] | I’m very sensitive about all of this and… | 我对所有和病有关的事都很敏感… |
[38:58] | what can I say? | 我也很无奈 |
[39:01] | But I shouldn’t have snapped at you. | 可我不应该对你说那么重的话 |
[39:05] | Snap at me all you want. | 你对我说多重的话都不过分 |
[39:07] | I did it to you for years. | 因为我对你说了很多年重话 |
[39:10] | I took everything out on you. | 我总是把情绪发泄在你身上 |
[39:15] | And I’m really deeply sorry. | 我真的真的非常抱歉 |
[39:19] | I feel like I wasted so much time with you | 我觉得我们真的浪费了太多的时间 |
[39:20] | that could have been really great. | 那些时光本来可以非常美好的 |
[39:23] | And now that we are finally great, | 现在我们总算可以愉快相处了 |
[39:26] | it’s just the timing sucks. | 可时间又不够用了 |
[39:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:33] | Timing is everything, isn’t it? | 时机真的很重要 不是吗 |
[39:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:41] | Your father walked into a bar when I happened to be singing. | 你爸走进酒吧的时候我恰巧在唱歌 |
[39:44] | I mean, if not for that timing, then none of any of this. | 如果不是那次时机刚好 那这一切都不会发生 |
[39:52] | And then four gazillion other things had to happen | 在那之后又需要发生许多许多事 |
[39:55] | in order for this to happen right now. | 才能让我们走到现在这个时刻 |
[39:58] | For me to be sitting here with you… with my daughter. | 让我能和你 我的女儿坐在一起 |
[40:05] | My girl. | 我的宝贝 |
[40:08] | My best friend. | 我最好的朋友 |
[40:12] | Wondering what the hell she has in that mystery folder. | 想知道她到底在那个神奇的包里装了什么 |
[40:19] | I was wondering if you would be willing | 我想知道你是否愿意 |
[40:21] | to teach Jack piano. | 教杰克弹钢琴 |
[40:25] | It’s braille sheet music. | 这是盲文乐谱 |
[40:30] | I know that music is good for memory function, too. | 我知道音乐也有助于改善记忆 |
[41:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:08] | I won’t date anymore. | 我不会再约会了 |
[41:10] | No. | 不 |
[41:13] | No, you should. | 不对 你应该继续约会 |
[41:45] | See if I can remember the other part. | 看看我是不是还记得剩下的部分 |
[42:26] | – Ready to try it, Bug? Okay. – Yeah. | -宝贝 准备好了吗 很好 -准备好了 |