英文名称:Toast
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | 本片内容基于童年回忆 部分事件和角色为虚构或经戏剧化处理 | |
[01:58] | What about a pork pie, Mum? | 买个猪肉派吧 妈妈 |
[02:00] | Certainly not, Nigel. Pork pies are common. | 绝对不行 尼祖 那种乱七八糟的东西 |
[02:05] | What about some fresh cheese, then? | 那买点新鲜奶酪吧 |
[02:06] | Don’t be silly, you don’t know where it’s been. | 别傻了 谁知道那是怎么做出来的 |
[02:09] | I’ll have some nice Dairylea slices. | 给我来点每日香牌奶酪片 |
[02:12] | Right you are. | 给您 |
[02:13] | My mother was always averse to fresh produce. | 我妈妈向来不喜欢新鲜果蔬 |
[02:17] | I’m Nigel, I’m nine years old and | 我叫尼祖 今年九岁 |
[02:19] | I’ve never had a vegetable that didn’t come in a tin.’ | 而这九年来我只吃过罐装蔬菜 |
[02:22] | – Thank you, Mrs. Slater. – Come on, Nigel. | -谢谢 施女士 -走吧 尼祖 |
[02:27] | Come on! What on earth have you been doing? | 快点 你们到底在磨蹭什么 |
[02:31] | Oh, come on. | 快点 |
[02:37] | It must have been the lack of | 一定是因为缺乏营养 |
[02:39] | nutrients that gave my father his fiery temper. | 我爸爸的脾气才会如此暴躁 |
[02:41] | He was not a sweet man, despite a very sweet tooth. | 虽然他喜欢吃甜食 但对人总苦着一张脸 |
[02:45] | Not like that, man! | 不是那么做的 伙计 |
[02:51] | My mother’s sweet nature made up | 我妈妈不会做饭 连个三明治都做不好 |
[02:53] | for her inability to cook, or even make a sandwich. | 但她天性善良 这就足够了 |
[02:59] | When you’re deprived of something, | 只是越是你得不到的东西 |
[03:01] | it just makes you all the more hungry for it. | 你便越渴望它 |
[03:12] | Can we make the cake, then? | 我们做个蛋糕好吗 |
[03:13] | If we have to. | 要是你真那么想做的话 |
[03:22] | What does that say? | 上面怎么写的 |
[03:27] | I can’t even read this. | 都看不清了 |
[03:29] | Right, flour. | 对了 用面粉 |
[03:32] | 16 ounces. | 十六盎司 |
[03:36] | I think that’s enough. | 差不多够了吧 |
[03:38] | Oh, yes, sieve it. | 没错 筛一下 |
[03:39] | And some butter. | 再来点黄油 |
[03:45] | Mum… | 妈妈 |
[03:46] | Oh, dear. Daddy will be pleased. | 天哪 酒倒多了 你老爸该美了 |
[03:49] | Mum, let me do it. | 妈妈 我来吧 |
[03:56] | Shh, listen. | 嘘 你听 |
[04:13] | Don’t worry, we’ll cheer it up with a little icing. | 没关系 我们用糖霜来点缀一下 |
[04:24] | It’s not too bad. | 也不是很糟 |
[04:30] | Mum, the dinner! | 妈妈 咱们的晚饭 |
[04:34] | They’re all burnt. | 全都糊了 |
[04:37] | I think I’d better make some toast. | 我还是去烤点吐司吧 |
[04:52] | No matter how bad things get, | 但不管事情有多糟糕 |
[04:54] | it’s impossible not to love someone who made you toast. | 你还是会深深爱上那个为你烤吐司的人 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1020个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:136个,六级词汇:62个,GRE词汇:73个,托福词汇:91个,考研词汇:140个,专四词汇:116个,专八词汇:26个, 所有生词标注共:292个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:57] | Once you’ve bitten through | 轻咬一口酥脆的外皮 |
[04:58] | that crusty surface to the soft dough underneath | 齿间滑过里面松软的面包 |
[05:01] | and tasted the warm, salty butter, | 配着温热咸咸的黄油 |
[05:03] | you’re lost forever. | 你早已无法自拔 |
[05:11] | More tea, anyone? | 再添点儿茶吗 |
[05:43] | What you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[05:45] | Nothing. | 没干什么 |
[05:46] | Go to sleep, young man. | 赶紧睡觉 小家伙 |
[06:12] | Right, I’m off. | 好了 我走了 |
[06:25] | You don’t suppose there’s anything wrong with him, do you? | 你说咱们孩子没什么毛病吧 |
[06:39] | There you go. And was it a pound of streaky bacon? | 给您 您刚才说还要一磅五花肉吗 |
[06:43] | Yes, please. | 是的 劳驾 |
[06:48] | There you go, Mrs. Patten. | 给您 派特夫人 |
[06:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:53] | Yes, Mr. Salt? | 您要什么 绍先生 |
[06:55] | A pound of Caerphilly, please. | 请来一磅卡尔菲利奶酪 |
[06:56] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:00] | Anything else I can get you? | 还需要别的吗 |
[07:02] | Some raspberries, please. | 请再给我点树莓 |
[07:04] | Right you are. | 马上就来 |
[07:24] | Hi, Nige. | 好啊 小尼 |
[07:51] | Let’s get to work, then. | 开工喽 |
[07:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[07:57] | Making compost. | 做堆肥 |
[08:01] | What’s compost? | 堆肥是什么 |
[08:04] | Sort of nature’s way of melting everything together. | 就是让它们自然地腐烂和消融 |
[08:09] | Come here. | 过来 |
[08:11] | Give us your hand. | 伸出手 |
[08:13] | – Right, feel that. – It’s hot! | -来感觉一下 -是热的 |
[08:17] | Cool, eh? | 酷吧 |
[08:18] | Everything breaking down lets all the goodness out. | 万物分解自身以释放养分与精华 |
[08:22] | That’s what I love about gardens. | 也正是我热爱园艺的原因 |
[08:24] | What? | 是什么 |
[08:26] | They’re alive. | 它们如此生机盎然 |
[08:29] | – How do you mean, alive? – Come here. | -怎么生机盎然了 -过来 |
[08:33] | Right now, there’s 100,000 | 此时此刻 在我们身边 |
[08:35] | biological reactions going on all around us. | 正有十万个生态反应悄然进行 |
[08:39] | Thousands of new things being born. | 成千上万个新生命在诞生 |
[08:41] | All these smells and tastes. | 它们拥有各种各样的味道 |
[08:43] | No wonder it’s an assault on the senses. | 简直就是一场感官盛宴 |
[08:46] | That’s what nature’s all about, ain’t it? | 这就是大自然的魅力 是不是 |
[08:49] | What? | 什么意思 |
[08:51] | Get on. | 上来 |
[08:54] | Right. | 好了 |
[08:56] | Smell this. | 闻一闻 |
[08:58] | Do you know what that’s called? | 知道这是什么花吗 |
[09:04] | Go on. Have a guess. | 怎么样 猜一猜 |
[09:06] | – I don’t know. – Well, what does it make you think of? | -不知道 -这花让你想到了什么 |
[09:11] | Parma Violets? | 帕尔马紫罗兰吗 |
[09:14] | Pleasure. | 是愉悦 |
[09:15] | – Pleasure? – Yeah. | -愉悦 -是的 |
[09:18] | Cool, eh? | 有意思吧 |
[09:36] | Can you really eat them like that? Aren’t they dirty? | 你就那么生吃吗 它们不脏吗 |
[09:40] | There’s plenty of things | 许多大人们说是很脏的东西 |
[09:42] | they’ll tell you is dirty that won’t do you any harm. | 但其实对你身体是无害的 |
[09:44] | In fact, most of them’s good for you in my opinion. | 甚至 我觉得大多数都对身体有好处 |
[09:47] | Such as? | 比如说呢 |
[09:48] | Gardening. | 比如打理花园 |
[09:50] | What do they taste like? | 吃起来什么味道 |
[09:54] | You don’t know unless you try. | 你要尝尝才知道 |
[09:57] | Please yourself. | 随便你 |
[09:59] | Nigel? | 尼祖 |
[10:02] | Nigel, come on. | 尼祖 过来 |
[10:07] | A tin of braised beef, | 来一罐炖牛肉 |
[10:08] | a tin of sponge pudding and a tin of mixed veg, please. | 一罐松绵布丁和一罐蔬菜什锦 |
[10:11] | Can we have spaghetti bolognese? | 我们吃意大利肉酱面吧 |
[10:15] | – I beg your pardon, Nigel? – Spaghetti bolognese. | -你说什么 尼祖 -意式肉酱面 |
[10:18] | It’s from Italy. The sauce comes in a tin. | 是意大利食物 用的是罐装肉酱 |
[10:22] | I wouldn’t know how to cook such a thing. | 我不会做这东西 |
[10:25] | I’ll show you. | 我可以教你 |
[10:26] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 你确定做出来能吃吗 |
[10:30] | You have to put it in the pan. | 要把它倒进锅里 |
[10:40] | What on earth’s this? | 这到底是什么玩意儿 |
[10:41] | – It’s spaghetti bolognese. – It’s Italian. | -意式肉酱面 -是意大利风味的 |
[10:44] | Italian? | 意式的吗 |
[10:47] | What the hell’s wrong with you, Nigel? It’s rock hard. | 你发什么神经 尼祖 它硬得跟石头似的 |
[10:50] | It isn’t cooked yet. | 还没开始做呢 |
[10:55] | Stupid idea if you ask me. | 要我说就是瞎折腾 |
[11:01] | See, I told you it wouldn’t fit. | 看吧 我就说这锅装不下 |
[11:09] | What the hell’s this? | 这他妈又是什么 |
[11:10] | Cheese. | 芝士 |
[11:11] | Percy Salt said you have to put it on or it doesn’t work. | 白佩斯说要洒上芝士才好吃 |
[11:16] | – It smells like sick. – Alan! | -闻着就恶心 -艾伦 |
[11:23] | I don’t think so. | 我不要了 |
[11:34] | Here goes. | 开动吧 |
[11:43] | Mmm, it’s delicious. | 真好吃 |
[11:47] | You twiddle it round. | 用叉子绕着吃 |
[12:01] | I think it’s off. | 我觉得不怎么样 |
[12:11] | Nigel, get Mum’s bag. | 尼祖 把你妈妈的包拿来 |
[12:15] | Get Mum’s bag! | 快把包拿来 |
[12:21] | Well, come on, Nigel! | 快点 尼祖 |
[12:26] | Stupid boy! Come on. | 笨手笨脚的 快点 |
[13:04] | I think I’d better make some toast. | 我还是做点吐司吧 |
[13:08] | I think she’s pregnant. | 我觉得她怀孕了 |
[13:10] | Pregnant? | 怀孕了吗 |
[13:11] | It’s to do with her breathing. | 可她是呼吸的问题 |
[13:13] | Breathlessness, nausea. | 喘不上气 恶心 |
[13:15] | I’m telling you, it’s the same as my mum. | 跟你说 她跟我妈一个样 |
[13:17] | Sick all the time for no reason, picky with food. | 总是犯恶心 挑食 |
[13:20] | Nine months later, hello! | 九个月之后 好啊 |
[13:22] | Out pops our Julie. | 我们的小茱莉降生了 |
[13:24] | How do you think she got pregnant? | 她怎么会怀孕呢 |
[13:26] | For Pete’s sake, Nigel. | 这都不懂啊 尼祖 |
[13:28] | I don’t think they’ve had… ..Sex for years. | 我觉得他们都很久没有… 上床了 |
[13:31] | You’d be surprised. | 哪儿能让你知道 |
[13:35] | Oh, milk. I think I’m going to throw up. | 牛奶 我都快吐了 |
[13:38] | Hey, I’ll have it if you’re not going to drink it. | 你要是不喝就给我吧 |
[13:41] | – What’s it worth? – I’ll show you me knickers. | -凭什么呢 -我让你看我的内裤 |
[13:44] | I’d let you see my willy. | 我可以让你看我的小鸡鸡 |
[13:46] | What? | 什么 |
[13:47] | Then if you give me your puddings, I’ll give you a feel. | 如果把布丁也给我 我还能让你爽一下 |
[13:52] | Well, actually, I go home for dinners. | 其实我在家吃晚饭 |
[13:54] | Well, just bear it in mind for the future. | 好吧 以后有机会也可以 |
[14:00] | Here. You can have it for now. | 给你 你喝了吧 |
[14:03] | The offer’s there, Nigel. | 我随叫随到 尼祖 |
[14:08] | Josh, how can you tell if someone’s pregnant? | 乔 怎么知道一个人怀没怀孕 |
[14:11] | Well, you ain’t been messing about with someone, have you? | 你不是把谁肚子搞大了吧 |
[14:13] | Not me, my mum. | 没我什么事 是我妈妈 |
[14:16] | Your mum. | 你妈妈 |
[14:17] | She keeps getting sick all the time. | 她身子总是不舒服 |
[14:21] | Well, she doesn’t look very pregnant, Nige. | 她看起来不像怀孕了 小尼 |
[14:24] | I hope not. | 但愿如此 |
[14:26] | What’s wrong with being pregnant, anyways? | 即便怀孕了又怎么了 |
[14:29] | I’m scared that… | 我怕 |
[14:32] | …if she goes into hospital, | 要是我妈妈住院的话 |
[14:34] | I’ll have to be looked after by my dad. | 就只有我爸爸照看我了 |
[14:46] | Oh, no. I’d better go inside. | 糟糕 我得进去了 |
[14:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:50] | I love it when it rains in the summer. | 我最喜欢夏日的雨了 |
[14:58] | Anyway, what’s the matter with your dad? | 话说回来 你爸爸怎么不好了 |
[15:00] | I don’t think he likes me. | 我觉得他不喜欢我 |
[15:03] | Don’t be daft, what’s not to like? | 别傻了 怎么会不喜欢你 |
[15:05] | I think he thinks there’s something wrong with me. | 他可能觉得我不正常吧 |
[15:27] | You daft bugger! Come on. | 你这个小傻瓜 过来 |
[15:30] | Come on, Nige. | 快来 小尼 |
[15:46] | Put that on till these dry. | 先穿这个 等干了再换回来 |
[15:56] | There’s nothing wrong with you, Nigel. | 你是个正常的小孩 尼祖 |
[15:58] | Everything’s going to be OK. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[16:03] | Here. | 给你 |
[16:12] | I love a pork pie, me. | 我很喜欢吃猪肉派 |
[16:20] | Hurry up, Nigel! | 快点 尼祖 |
[16:22] | Oh, come on, come on! | 天哪 快啊 快啊 |
[16:46] | Are we nearly there yet? | 还没到吗 |
[16:46] | Nigel, we haven’t even left Wolverhampton yet. | 尼祖 咱们还没出伍尔弗汉普顿呢 |
[16:50] | Do we have to go to Penarth? | 我们非得去佩纳斯吗 |
[16:52] | It’s very good for the air. | 那里空气清新 |
[16:56] | Just try to enjoy yourself, Nigel. | 好好玩吧 尼祖 |
[16:59] | For your mother’s sake. | 这都是为了你妈 |
[17:04] | There’s nothing to do in Penarth. | 佩纳斯无聊极了 |
[17:06] | Nonsense. | 瞎说 |
[17:08] | It’s the premier resort on the Welsh coast. | 那里是威尔士海岸最佳旅游胜地 |
[17:14] | It could be worse. | 够不错的了 |
[17:16] | They say it’s going to pick up tomorrow. | 据说明天还要继续下呢 |
[17:18] | Oh, struth. | 天哪 |
[17:32] | Come on, Nigel. Nigel! | 跟上 尼祖 尼祖 |
[17:36] | Sit up, Nigel. Tomato, anybody? | 坐好了 尼祖 来点西红柿吗 |
[17:40] | You don’t have to have salad cream if you don’t want it. | 要是不想吃沙拉酱就别放了 |
[17:47] | Do I have to have ham? | 我非得吃火腿吗 |
[17:48] | Course you bloody well have to have ham! | 该死的 你当然得吃火腿 |
[17:50] | – You’re on holiday. – Nigel, you like ham. | -这可是野餐 -尼祖 你不是爱吃火腿吗 |
[17:52] | I know I like ham, I just don’t like the jelly. | 我是喜欢 但我不爱吃上面的肉胶冻 |
[17:56] | Can’t we go and get fish and chips? | 不能吃点炸鱼和薯条吗 |
[17:58] | Look, just eat, for God’s sake. | 吃你的吧 看在上帝的份儿上 |
[18:00] | For your mother. | 看在你妈妈的份儿上 |
[18:06] | Look at that! Absolutely disgusting. | 瞧瞧 真是太恶心了 |
[18:08] | Letting a child run around naked like that. | 让个小孩光着身子乱跑 |
[18:11] | – I don’t see anything wrong with it. – Don’t be stupid, Nigel. | -我没觉得有什么不好 -别说傻话 尼祖 |
[18:14] | – Loads of people go around naked. – Don’t be ridiculous. | -经常有人光着身子走来走去的 -别瞎说了 |
[18:17] | Who have you seen naked? | 你见过谁光着身子了 |
[18:19] | Josh. | 乔 |
[18:21] | – Josh? – Oh, my God! | -乔吗 -天哪 |
[18:23] | He was only getting changed. | 他就是换衣服而已 |
[18:27] | Has Josh ever… | 乔有没有 |
[18:29] | – Has he ever touched you? – Alan, Alan… | -他有没有碰过你 -艾伦 艾伦 |
[18:33] | Of course he hasn’t. | 当然没有 |
[18:34] | Just eat your ham, Nigel. | 乖乖吃火腿吧 尼祖 |
[18:36] | We’ll forget the whole thing. | 就当没提过这事儿 |
[18:42] | – I’m going to have a word with those parents. – Alan, calm down. | -我得跟那些家长谈谈 -艾伦 冷静点 |
[18:59] | Oh, for Pete’s sake! | 天哪 省省吧 |
[19:06] | Oh, come back here, you stupid, ignorant boy! | 快给我回来 你这个不懂事的笨蛋 |
[19:14] | Oh, for Pete’s sake. | 天哪 饶了我吧 |
[19:39] | Mum, can I ask you a question? | 妈妈 我想问你个事 |
[19:43] | You’re not pregnant, are you? | 你没怀孕吧 |
[19:46] | What on earth makes you ask that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[19:48] | You keep doing all that heavy breathing. | 你总是喘不过气来 |
[19:53] | It’s my lungs, Nigel. | 是肺的问题 尼祖 |
[19:57] | I’m not going to be very well, | 我的身子越来越弱了 |
[19:59] | maybe for quite a long time. | 可能很久都好不了 |
[20:03] | But you’ll be all right by Christmas, won’t you? | 但圣诞节那会儿肯定就好了吧 |
[20:07] | I don’t know, Nigel. | 我也不知道 尼祖 |
[20:09] | But you’ll still teach me how to make mince pies, won’t you? | 那你还会教我做百果馅饼吗 |
[20:13] | Of course I will. | 当然会了 |
[20:16] | Promise? | 那说定喽 |
[20:19] | I promise. | 说定了 |
[20:47] | Just because there’s something wrong | 就算是肺有问题 |
[20:49] | with her lungs doesn’t mean to say she’s not pregnant. | 那也不代表她没怀孕 |
[20:51] | What about Parma Violets? | 帕尔玛紫罗兰怎么样 |
[20:53] | Don’t be stupid, they’re for old people. | 别逗了 那是送老人的 |
[20:56] | Anyway, I’m not interested in your opinion. | 反正我不会听你的 |
[20:57] | I’m going to ask Josh about it. | 我到时候问问乔去 |
[21:00] | – How about some Love Hearts? – Piss off! | -那买爱心糖果吧 -别傻了 |
[21:03] | They’re for girls. | 那是送女孩子的 |
[21:04] | You fancy that gardener, don’t you? | 你喜欢那个园丁吧 |
[21:07] | What about some Pascall’s oblong fruit bonbons? | 买点帕氏椭圆水果软糖吧 |
[21:10] | Honestly? They’ll put you in a retirement home. | 开玩笑 老人才吃那玩意儿 |
[21:13] | And, no, I don’t, I’m just interested in gardening, that’s all. | 而且我不喜欢那个园丁 我只喜欢园艺的 |
[21:17] | Are you bollocks. | 少骗人了 |
[21:19] | All you’ve ever planted is a row of radishes. | 你就种过几个小萝卜 |
[21:22] | Anyway, re your mum, the jury’s out in my opinion. | 反正你妈那事 谁也说不好 |
[21:26] | What about barley sugars? | 要不然买点麦芽糖 |
[21:27] | We’re not getting barley sugars, Warrel, we’re not going in a car. | 买它干什么 伟力 又不是去坐车 |
[21:32] | I’ll buy a packet of Refreshers and | 我要买一包提神糖 |
[21:34] | a quart of chocolate limes so we can burn our tongues! | 和一品脱巧克力酸橙汁好让我们的舌头爽一下 |
[21:39] | Yes, boys? | 要什么 孩子们 |
[21:40] | A quart of chocolate limes and a packet of Refreshers, please. | 请来一品脱巧克力酸橙汁和一包提神糖 |
[21:45] | Oh, and a pork pie. | 再来一个猪肉派 |
[21:46] | What’s the pork pie for? | 你买猪肉派干吗 |
[22:19] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[22:20] | I’m the new gardener, who are you? | 我是新来的园丁 你又是谁 |
[22:23] | – Where’s Josh? – I don’t know. | -那乔呢 -不知道 |
[22:25] | I was just told to come down here twice a week from now on. | 他们只叫我打理花园 每周两次 |
[22:30] | Well, would you like half a pork pie? I bought it myself. | 那你想不想吃点我买的猪肉派 |
[22:34] | No. | 不用了 |
[22:54] | Dad, what have you done to Josh? | 爸爸 你把乔弄哪儿去了 |
[22:56] | I haven’t done anything to Josh. | 没弄哪儿去 |
[22:58] | Joshua doesn’t work for us anymore. | 乔不干了 |
[23:03] | We have a new gardener, Mr. Watford. | 我们换了新园丁 万福先生 |
[23:05] | – Josh was my friend. – Joshua is not your friend! | -可乔是我朋友 -乔不是你朋友 |
[23:08] | Now, I want you to put Joshua right out of your mind! Ow! | 你赶紧把他给我忘了 |
[23:12] | And I don’t want you to ever mention his name again! | 你也不许再提他的名字 |
[23:15] | – I want you to take this up to your mother. – I hate you. | -把这个给你妈妈端上去 -我恨你 |
[23:22] | I’m warning you, Nigel… | 我警告你 尼祖 |
[23:25] | Now take this up to your mother. | 赶紧把这端去给妈妈 |
[23:26] | And whatever you do, don’t disturb her. | 千万别惊动她 |
[24:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:31] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[24:34] | Dad! Dad! | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[24:40] | I told you not to disturb her! | 就跟你说别惊动她 |
[25:13] | Come on. | 来 |
[25:15] | Let’s have a crumpet. | 我们来吃点松脆饼 |
[25:37] | She’s not going to be better for Christmas, is she? | 圣诞节的时候她还是不会好转吧 |
[25:46] | No, son. | 不会 孩子 |
[25:55] | Look… | 听着 |
[26:06] | What’s going to happen to her? | 妈妈会怎么样 |
[26:09] | Is she going to be all right? | 她会好起来吗 |
[26:14] | Nigel, erm… | 尼祖 |
[26:24] | Everything’s going to be fine. | 一起都会好起来的 |
[26:42] | Nigel? | 尼祖 |
[26:44] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[26:46] | Aren’t you supposed to be in bed? | 你不躺床上休息干什么? |
[26:47] | I want you to help me. | 我想让你帮我个忙 |
[26:49] | What with? | 帮什么忙 |
[26:50] | Mince pies. | 做百果馅饼 |
[26:53] | It’s not even Christmas yet. | 圣诞节还没到啊 |
[26:55] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[26:57] | Now you do it. | 你来试试 |
[27:03] | – Oh, Mum… – All right. | -糟糕 妈妈 -没事 |
[27:04] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[27:05] | Just stick it back down there. | 把它再贴回案板就好 |
[27:07] | No one will know. | 我不会告诉别人的 |
[27:12] | It’s going to be so tasty. | 肯定会很好吃 |
[27:13] | That’s perfect. | 真不错 |
[27:15] | Here we are. Now we cut them out. | 接下来 用模子割成一块一块的饼 |
[27:25] | Nigel… | 尼祖 |
[27:31] | – I love you. – I love you too, Mum. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 妈妈 |
[27:41] | – Now all we need is the mincemeat. – I’ll get it. | -现在就差百果馅儿了 -我去拿 |
[27:54] | I can’t see it. | 找不到啊 |
[27:55] | It’s in there somewhere, Nigel, I know it’s in there somewhere. | 就在那里 尼祖 肯定就在里面 |
[27:58] | Don’t worry. I’ll find it. | 没关系 我能找到 |
[28:08] | I don’t understand. It must be in there somewhere. | 真奇怪 肯定就放在这附近啊 |
[28:13] | – It has to be here. I’m sure it’s here. – It’s not. | -肯定在这里 不会错的 -但就是没有 |
[28:17] | Let me see. | 我想想 |
[28:21] | I asked your father specially. | 我特意让你爸爸去买的 |
[28:27] | I’m sorry, Nigel. | 抱歉 尼祖 |
[28:30] | You said you’d teach me. | 你说了要教我的 |
[28:32] | Well… | 是啊 |
[28:34] | We’ll put them in the fridge | 先把饼放冰箱里 |
[28:36] | and we’ll get some tomorrow from Percy Salt’s. | 明天再去白佩斯商店买果馅儿 |
[28:38] | But you promised! | 但你答应我了 |
[28:40] | You’re going to leave me with him, aren’t you? | 你要扔下我和爸爸对不对 |
[28:44] | – It’s not fair! – Nigel… | -这不公平 -尼祖 |
[28:47] | Come here… | 回来 |
[28:48] | – I hate you! – Come here, come here. | -我恨你 -过来 宝贝 |
[28:51] | – All right. – You’re hopeless! | -乖 -你真是不可救药 |
[28:52] | I hope you die! | 不如死了算了 |
[29:06] | All right, all right, all right. | 好了 好了 没事了 |
[29:23] | All right. | 乖 |
[29:37] | – What’s that? – It’s a stocking, Nigel. | -那是什么 -圣诞袜子 尼祖 |
[29:40] | But there’s still a month to go. | 但还有一个月才到圣诞节 |
[29:42] | We thought we’d give you your presents early this year. | 今年我们打算提前给你礼物 |
[29:45] | As a special treat. | 算是特殊待遇 |
[29:47] | We thought we’d open them in the morning. | 明早就可以拆礼物了 |
[29:49] | I don’t want them in the morning. It’ll spoil Christmas. | 我不想明早拆礼物 那圣诞节就没礼物了 |
[29:52] | Nigel, please! | 尼祖 求你了 |
[29:57] | Your mother asked me specially. | 你妈专门求我的 |
[30:02] | OK. I suppose so. | 好吧 那我就收下了 |
[30:07] | So, you’re not going to tell me off, then? | 你不会骂我吧 |
[30:10] | No, I’m not going to tell you off. | 不会的 我不骂你 |
[30:13] | But you mustn’t open them until Mum is there. | 但你妈没来之前 你不准打开 |
[30:19] | Night-night. | 晚安 |
[30:20] | Night-night. | 晚安 |
[31:44] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[33:41] | With Mum gone, | 妈妈走后 |
[33:42] | things in the culinary department did not get any better, | 伙食并没有改善 |
[33:45] | and after months of cheese on toast, | 吃了几个月奶酪吐司后 |
[33:47] | Dad decided to be more adventurous. | 爸爸决定下厨试试 |
[34:06] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[34:18] | It’s disgusting. | 好恶心 |
[34:20] | You haven’t even tried it. | 你一口都没尝 |
[34:21] | It’s not even cooked. | 它没熟 |
[34:26] | Look, Nigel, just eat it. | 听着 尼祖 吃了它 |
[34:28] | There are kids in Biafra | 比拉夫还有许多孩子 |
[34:30] | who’d give their right arm for a Fray Bentos pie. | 能为了菲比托肉饼不顾一切的 |
[34:41] | – Eat your pie. – No. | -把肉饼吃了 -不吃 |
[34:46] | – Eat your pie, Nigel. – I won’t. | -把肉饼吃了 尼祖 -我不吃 |
[34:50] | I’m warning you. | 我警告你 |
[35:14] | – No! – That’s it! | -不吃 -够了 |
[35:17] | – Eat the bloody pie! – No! | -把该死的肉饼吃下去 -不吃 |
[35:19] | – Eat it! – No! | -吃了它 -就不吃 |
[35:20] | – Eat the pie! – No! | -吃了它 -我就不吃 |
[35:38] | Maybe it’s supposed to be like that. | 也许那肉饼就是那样的 |
[35:40] | Warrel, it was completely raw! | 伟力 那肉饼是生的 |
[35:42] | Don’t worry about it. | 别想了 |
[35:44] | My mum’s no great shakes in the kitchen either. | 我妈的厨艺也就那样 |
[35:46] | At least she’s not dead. | 至少她还活着 |
[35:49] | I wish I came from a normal family. | 我真希望我生在普通家庭 |
[35:51] | Nigel, normal families are totally overrated. | 尼祖 你高估普通家庭了 |
[35:54] | You’ll probably grow up to be interesting. | 也许你注定要引人注目 |
[35:56] | I don’t want to be interesting. | 我不要引人注目 |
[35:59] | I just want him to like me. | 我只想他喜欢我 |
[36:02] | If you want to soften him up a bit, | 如果你想感化他 |
[36:05] | you can’t expect something for nothing. | 你不该奢望不劳而获 |
[36:08] | Remember, the way to a man’s heart is always through his stomach. | 记住 要得男人的心 先抓他的胃 |
[36:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:15] | I’m telling you. | 听我说 |
[36:15] | My Dad’s putty in Mum’s fingers | 我爸吃完我妈做的面疙瘩烤牛肉 |
[36:17] | once he’s had his toad-in-the-hole. | 就逃不出她的手掌心了 |
[36:30] | Ah, now, there you go, this is for you. | 现在该你了 这给你 |
[36:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:34] | That’s for me. Thank you very much. | 那是给我的 谢谢 |
[36:36] | Now then, can I help you, son? | 那么小伙子 你要什么 |
[36:38] | I’ll have two pieces of smoked haddock, please. | 我想买两块烟熏黑线鳕 |
[36:40] | It’s my Dad’s favourite. | 我爸爸最爱吃这个 |
[36:42] | Don’t you want something for your mum? | 你不给你妈妈买点喜欢的吗 |
[36:44] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[36:46] | OK. | 好吧 |
[36:49] | That’ll be two and six, sunshine. | 两块六 小帅哥 |
[36:53] | I’ve only got this. | 全部钱都在这了 |
[36:56] | Could you cut a bit off, please? | 您切掉点 好吗 |
[36:57] | It’s all right, son; you can have the tail bit on me. | 没事的 鱼尾当我送给你了 |
[37:02] | Um… How do you cook it? | 嗯 这个该怎么煮 |
[37:05] | Warm the grill first. | 先预热烤架 |
[37:06] | Rub it with a bit of butter | 再拿黄油擦它 |
[37:07] | and put it on just before you’re going to eat. | 要吃前再烤它 |
[37:09] | Ten minutes, absolute max, understood? | 最多只能烤十分钟 懂了吧 |
[37:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[37:19] | You belong | 你的归宿 |
[37:22] | To somebody else and not to me | 终是别人不是我 |
[37:26] | Right or wrong | 是对抑或是错 |
[37:30] | That’s not the way that it’s gonna be | 这不是它所要的 |
[37:33] | I want you so much inside | 内心奢望着你 |
[37:36] | I’m throwin’ away all my conscience and pride, and | 弃我的良知骄傲不顾 |
[37:40] | I’ll try anything to get you | 竭尽我能得到你 |
[37:43] | I’ll do anything I can | 无所不为 |
[37:47] | I’ll try anything to get you | 竭尽我能得到你 |
[37:50] | I’ll cheat and I’ll lie | 去偷去骗 |
[37:52] | And I’ll try ’til I die | 誓死不放弃 |
[37:54] | ’til I make you my man | 直到把你骗到手 |
[37:58] | Gonna make you my man | 把你骗到手 |
[38:01] | Gonna make you my man, yeah | 把你骗到手 |
[38:25] | – Where have you been? – Nowhere. | -你去哪里了 -哪也没去 |
[38:28] | Just got a little detained at the factory, Nigel. | 在厂里耽搁了会儿 尼祖 |
[38:39] | – Did you cook this? – It’s ruined. | -你做的 -都焦了 |
[38:55] | No, it’s not. | 没有 还能吃 |
[39:00] | It’s just how I like it. | 我就喜欢这样的 |
[39:01] | No, it isn’t. It’s bad. | 别吃了 很难吃 |
[39:05] | Look, Dad, you don’t have to eat it. | 爸爸 别勉强吃了 |
[39:08] | No, really, Nigel. | 不 真的 尼祖 |
[39:11] | It’s delicious. | 很好吃 |
[39:19] | You see, I told you it’d win him over. | 看吧 我就说这能赢得他的心吧 |
[39:22] | Haddock’s a very superior fish, Nigel. | 黑线鳕是高级鱼呀 尼祖 |
[39:24] | I really don’t think he liked it. | 我真不认为他喜欢它 |
[39:26] | It takes some time, bonding. | 和平相处得花些时间 |
[39:29] | Especially now your Mum’s dead. | 特别是现在你妈死了 |
[39:31] | I’m telling you, you’ll be inseparable shortly. | 我告诉你 你们很快就形影不离了 |
[39:35] | Nothing will get between yous. | 你们不会有隔阂的 |
[39:46] | Slater! | 施尼祖 |
[39:49] | Where is your milk? | 你的牛奶哪去了 |
[39:52] | Come out to the front. | 上前来 |
[40:00] | Where is your milk? | 你的牛奶呢 |
[40:03] | I drank it, Miss. | 老师 我喝完了 |
[40:05] | No, you did not. | 不 你没喝完 |
[40:07] | I’ve watched you give it to Leonard Watson everyday this week. | 这周你都把它给了王利伦 我看到了 |
[40:10] | I want you to drink it now. | 我要你现在喝了它 |
[40:14] | I have to warn you, Miss, | 我得事先说明 老师 |
[40:15] | I have a serious aversion to dairy products. | 我对奶制品极其厌恶 |
[40:18] | Drink it now, Slater! It’s good for you! | 喝了它 施尼祖 这对身体有好处 |
[40:23] | OK, then. | 好吧 喝就喝 |
[40:35] | You see? It wasn’t that bad. | 你看 也不是那么难喝吧 |
[40:51] | Sit down. | 给我坐下 |
[40:58] | Nice one, Slater. | 干得漂亮 施尼祖 |
[41:07] | Bleedin’ hell. I’ll be all afternoon on this. | 该死的 整个下午都得理这个了 |
[41:12] | What a bloody awful state this is in. | 这里可糟糕得可以啊 |
[41:15] | When was the last time you cleaned in here? | 上次打扫这里是什么时候了 |
[41:17] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[41:19] | Hmm? New cleaner. | 嗯 新来的清洁工 |
[41:20] | Who’s it bleedin’ well look like? Joan of Arc? | 难不成是圣女贞德吗 |
[41:23] | Whoever cleaned inside of here made a right pig’s ear of it. | 这里面越洗越脏 |
[41:28] | Does my Dad know you’re here? | 我爸知道你在这吗 |
[41:30] | No, I broke in | 不知道 我撬门进来的 |
[41:31] | and thought i’d scrub the kitchen floor clean! Bugger off! | 专门来擦厨房地板 走开 |
[41:34] | I ain’t got all day to stand round talking to you. | 我可没时间闲站着和你瞎扯 |
[41:36] | Snotty little brat. | 你个小屁孩 |
[41:46] | Bugger. I’ll be on me knees all night getting this off. | 该死的 得跪一整晚才搞干净 |
[41:49] | Mrs. Potter. | 博太太 |
[41:51] | Oh! You’re still here. | 你还没走啊 |
[41:54] | Oh, Mr. Slater. | 施先生 |
[41:57] | I thought you were out at work at this time. | 我认为你这会出门工作了 |
[41:59] | – I see you’ve met Nigel. – Oh, yes. | -我想你见过尼祖了 -是的 |
[42:03] | I think we’re going to get along like a house on fire, | 我想我们能相处得极好 |
[42:05] | aren’t we, Nige? | 我们可以的 对吧 小尼 |
[42:07] | I didn’t expect Mrs. Potter to last long. | 我没想到博太太要待那么久 |
[42:10] | My father wasn’t usually one to | 我爸爸一般不同 |
[42:11] | associate himself with people who wore Crimplene. | 穷人相交的 |
[42:14] | But I was soon to be proved wrong. | 不久之后 我就发现我错了 |
[42:19] | The look of love | 爱情之貌 |
[42:21] | Is in your eyes | 映在你眼中 |
[42:27] | The look your smile can’t disguise | 你的笑不能掩去 |
[42:37] | The look of love | 爱情之貌 |
[42:44] | Is saying so much more | 说得再多 |
[42:48] | Than just words could ever say | 也不曾将其尽述 |
[42:54] | And what my heart has heard | 我的内心所听到的 |
[42:58] | Well it takes my breath away | 令我无法呼吸 |
[43:03] | I can hardly wait to hold you | 急不可待想抱住你 |
[43:06] | Feel my arms around you | 感受我的臂膀绕着你 |
[43:09] | How long I have waited | 我等了多少时日 |
[43:13] | Waited just to love you | 只为爱你 |
[43:15] | Now that I have found you | 如今我寻到了你 |
[43:19] | You’ve got the look of love | 你拥有爱情之貌 |
[43:25] | It’s on your face | 它映在你的脸上 |
[43:30] | A look that time can’t erase | 是时间抹不去之貌 |
[43:40] | And so it was, | 就这样 |
[43:42] | Mrs. Potter became a regular part of my father’s routine. | 博太太成了我爸日程中不可或缺的部分 |
[43:46] | She scrubbed, polished | 她擦洗 抛光 漂白 |
[43:48] | and bleached her way into our lives. | 就这样进入我们的生活 |
[43:54] | – Are you still here? – No. | -你还没走 -还没 |
[43:57] | I’m at home, doing me ironing! | 待这里 给自己烫些衣服 |
[43:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[44:01] | I’m darning your father’s socks. | 我在补你爸爸的袜子 |
[44:03] | What are you doing that for? | 你为什么要那么做 |
[44:05] | They have holes in them. | 袜子破了 |
[44:07] | You’re only supposed to do the cleaning. | 你该干的是清洁的活 |
[44:09] | Where would we be if we only did what we were supposed to do? | 如果只干份内的事 我们将身处何处 |
[44:14] | I thought you’d be pleased I’m looking after him. | 我还认为我照顾他你会很高兴 |
[44:15] | I know what you’re up to, so just…off his socks. | 我懂你的小算盘 只是…放下他的袜子 |
[44:20] | Listen, Nigel. | 听着 尼祖 |
[44:21] | Look, I know you miss your mother and everything, | 我知道你想你妈和以前的一起 |
[44:24] | but if there’s a hole, | 但如果这有个洞 |
[44:26] | sweetheart, somebody is going to darn it, | 宝贝 就得有人补它 |
[44:28] | and it might as well be me. | 补它的人可能正好是我 |
[44:30] | You’re wasting your time. I mean, | 你是在浪费时间 我是说 |
[44:32] | you’re far too common, | 你再普通不过 |
[44:34] | and anyway, you’re married. | 总之 你是有夫之妇 |
[44:35] | All I’m doing is darning his socks! | 我只是补他的袜子 |
[44:38] | Anyway, it’s got nothing to do with you. | 总之 与你无关 |
[44:40] | Just because you can sew up his clothes | 你补他的袜子 |
[44:42] | doesn’t mean you’re anything like my mother! | 不代表你和我妈一样 |
[44:45] | Forget it! | 休想 |
[44:45] | He’s never going to be interested in you! | 他永远不会对你有想法的 |
[44:47] | Ah, Mrs. Potter. | 博太太 |
[44:50] | You’re here rather late again. | 你又这么迟还没走啊 |
[44:51] | That’s all right, Alan. | 没关系的 艾伦 |
[44:53] | I just thought I’d do your socks for you. | 只是想补补你的袜子 |
[44:55] | Oh, really, you shouldn’t have. | 哦 不麻烦了 |
[44:57] | That’s beyond the call. | 补袜子在服务范围之外 |
[44:58] | Oh, it’s nothing, you know. | 不打紧的 |
[45:00] | Got to keep your toes warm! | 脚指头不用挨冻了 |
[45:02] | Oh, by the way, | 对了 顺便说下 |
[45:05] | baked you a little something for your supper. | 我烤了点东西给你们当晚餐 |
[45:07] | Oh, really, Mrs. Potter! | 真的呀 博太太 |
[45:09] | It’s an apple pie! | 是苹果馅饼 |
[45:11] | Well, I just thought you boys need a bit of looking after. | 我想你俩小伙子需要人照顾 |
[45:14] | Oh, that’s very kind. | 那太体贴了 |
[45:16] | Isn’t it, Nigel? | 是吧 尼祖 |
[45:19] | Oh, that smells delicious. | 闻起来很好吃 |
[45:22] | Oh, it’s just something I knocked up. | 我只是随便做做的 |
[45:23] | Anyway, must be going. | 总之 得走了 |
[45:26] | Here, that’ll stop you sticking through. | 给 那能使你不挨冻了 |
[45:30] | Maybe I could offer you a lift home. | 也许我能载你回家 |
[45:33] | Aren’t you going to eat the pie? | 你不吃馅饼吗 |
[45:35] | Well actually, you should probably let it cool. | 实际上 你该先让馅饼冷冷 |
[45:37] | Don’t want to burn your lips, do you? | 你不会想烫伤嘴 对吧 |
[45:39] | No, it’s no bother. I’ll get the bus. | 无需麻烦了 我去搭公车就好 |
[45:41] | No, really, really, it’s the least I can do. | 没事的 这是我最起码能做的了 |
[45:45] | Oh, well, if you insist. | 好吧 既然你坚持 |
[45:48] | You’ll be right, Nigel, won’t you? | 你会照顾好自己 对吧 尼祖 |
[45:53] | See you, flower. | 再见 小帅哥 |
[45:55] | I won’t be long. | 我去去就回 |
[45:57] | – Let me get the door. – Thank you. | -我来开门 -谢谢 |
[46:15] | There’s no denying Mrs. Potter made a decent apple pie. | 毫无疑问博太太馅饼做得很好 |
[46:18] | In fact, it was better than decent. | 实际上 是非常好 |
[46:20] | It was sublime, | 味道超群 |
[46:21] | and one of the most glorious things I’d ever put in my mouth. | 是我吃过的最美味的东西之一 |
[46:35] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[46:36] | You’re wearing my mum’s apron! | 你居然穿我妈妈的围裙 |
[46:38] | What do you want me to wear? An evening gown? | 那你想我穿什么 晚礼服 |
[46:42] | Would you like to help me bake a cake? | 你要帮我一起烤蛋糕吗 |
[46:44] | You shouldn’t be wearing it. It’s not yours. | 你不该穿它 又不是你的 |
[46:46] | All right! | 好吧 |
[46:48] | Keep your hair on, bugger-lugs. | 别发脾气 小屁孩 |
[46:50] | It’s only an apron. | 只不过是件围裙嘛 |
[46:54] | Does your husband know that you’re cooking our suppers? | 你老公知道你给我们煮晚饭吗 |
[46:58] | Look, don’t patronise me, son. | 听着 小子 不要这样鄙视我 |
[47:00] | Just because I don’t talk all bay-window, | 我说不出来什么大道理 |
[47:02] | doesn’t mean I’m a fool, you know. | 我也不是傻子 |
[47:05] | You’re a child. | 你还是个娃 |
[47:07] | You know nothing about what people go through. | 你对别人所经受的一无所知 |
[47:17] | Here’s the apron. | 还你 |
[47:21] | Wouldn’t have thought you were so sentimental about it, | 我听说她厨艺不咋样 |
[47:23] | from what I’ve heard of her cooking. | 没想到你倒对围裙这么敏感 |
[47:30] | You’ll have to put yourself to bed. | 你得自己上床睡觉 |
[47:32] | – Where are you going? – Out! | -你要去哪里 -外面 |
[47:36] | You’re going with her, aren’t you? | 你是和她约会 对吧 |
[47:40] | It’s just to a whist drive. | 只是去惠斯特牌戏比赛 |
[47:43] | I have to have some life of my own. | 我得给自己的生活找点乐子 |
[47:45] | With Mrs. Potter? | 和博太太一起去? |
[47:48] | It’s just a social occasion. | 这只是社交活动 |
[47:52] | Please, Dad, don’t leave me on my own. | 爸爸求你了 别把我丢家里 |
[47:55] | You’ll be fine, Nigel. | 你会好好的 尼祖 |
[48:55] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[48:59] | On this summer day | 在这盛夏之日 |
[49:02] | Then you might as well | 你顺手带去 |
[49:04] | Take the sun away | 生命之阳 |
[49:06] | All the birds that flew in the summer sky | 晴空中自由飞翔的小鸟 |
[49:12] | And our love was new | 我们的爱曾新 |
[49:15] | And our hearts were high | 我们的心曾愉快 |
[49:17] | When the day was young | 在我还年幼的日子 |
[49:20] | And the night was long | 夜漫长 |
[49:22] | And the moon stood still | 月依旧 |
[49:25] | For the night bird song | 为夜鸟而歌唱 |
[49:28] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[49:31] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[49:35] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[49:39] | But if you stay | 但如果你留下 |
[49:43] | I’ll make you a day like no day has ever been | 我要让你度过前所未有的一天 |
[49:48] | Or will be again | 亦或重新开始 |
[49:51] | We’ll sail on the sun | 在阳光下航行 |
[49:53] | We’ll ride on the rain | 在细雨中驰骋 |
[49:55] | We’ll talk to the trees | 与树丛细语 |
[49:58] | And worship the wind | 崇拜风 |
[50:00] | And if you go | 如果你离去 |
[50:03] | I’ll understand | 我懂 |
[50:05] | Leave me just enough love | 留给我足够的爱 |
[50:08] | To hold in my hand | 紧握在我的手心 |
[50:11] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[50:14] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[50:18] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[50:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[50:40] | Joan, is that you? Is Joan Potter there? | 娇安 是你吗 博娇安在吗 |
[50:46] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[51:08] | But if you stay | 但如果你留下 |
[51:11] | I’ll make you a night like no night has ever been | 我要让你度过前所未有的一夜 |
[51:16] | Or will be again | 亦或重新开始 |
[51:18] | I’ll sail on you smile | 在你的笑容中航行 |
[51:21] | I’ll ride on your touch | 在你的抚摸中驰骋 |
[51:23] | I’ll talk to your eyes | 对你的双眸细语 |
[51:26] | That I love so much | 我爱得如此之深 |
[51:29] | And if you go | 如果你离去 |
[51:31] | I’ll understand | 我懂 |
[51:33] | Leave me just enough love | 留给我足够的爱 |
[51:36] | To hold in my hand | 紧握在我的手心 |
[51:40] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[51:44] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[51:47] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[51:54] | If you go away | 如果你弃我而去 |
[52:14] | I don’t see why she has to come. | 我不理解为什么她也来 |
[52:16] | Look, there’s nothing wrong with me inviting Mrs. Potter. | 我邀请博太太很正常 |
[52:19] | This is the Masonic event of the season. | 这可是共济会的季活动 |
[52:21] | Dad, she’s our cleaner. | 爸爸 她只是我们的清洁工 |
[52:22] | I mean, look where she lives. | 我是说 看看她住的地方 |
[52:24] | Look, Joan has been very good to us. | 听着 娇安对我俩很是照顾 |
[52:27] | She lives in a council house. | 她住在廉租房里 |
[52:28] | Where she lives is of no consequence. | 她住哪里都无足轻重 |
[52:30] | It’s not right. | 这不对 |
[52:32] | She should be inside with her husband, | 她该和她丈夫一起 |
[52:34] | not coming out with us to Masonic dances. | 而不是跟我们去共济会舞会 |
[52:36] | You’re the one who didn’t want to be left on their own! | 你才是希望别被丢下不管的人 |
[52:40] | Now, you don’t understand | 你又不清楚 |
[52:40] | anything about Mrs. Potter’s personal arrangements. | 博太太的个人安排 |
[52:44] | Anyway, she’s got nothing to hide. | 总之 她没什么需要隐瞒的 |
[52:47] | She’s a very respectable woman. | 她是位值得尊敬的女士 |
[52:49] | Bugger, bugger, bugger. | 混蛋 混蛋 混蛋 |
[52:53] | Bleedin’ duck. | 该死的 |
[53:11] | I’ve laddered me tights on that bleedin’ wall. Bugger. | 我卡在那该死的墙上了 该死的 |
[53:14] | Come on, darling. | 开车吧 亲爱的 |
[53:15] | Let’s get a move on before anyone clocks us. | 在别人发现我们之前赶紧闪 |
[53:19] | Oh, hello, Nigel. | 尼祖 你好 |
[53:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[53:22] | Well, how lovely. The three of us all together. | 多棒呀 我们三人结伴而行 |
[53:41] | Hello. Have you met Joan? | 你好 你还没见过娇安吧 |
[53:42] | Joan Potter. Ruby Sturridge. | 这是博娇安 这是李露比 |
[53:45] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[53:46] | She’s our cleaner. | 她是我家清洁工 |
[53:58] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[53:59] | I find Vim a very superior scourer. | 我觉得威猛先生是很棒的清洁剂 |
[54:03] | Though I’ve been very impressed with | 但我现在觉得善清理的新产品 |
[54:05] | the new version of Mr. Sheen. | 更方便好用 |
[54:06] | Do you know of it? | 你知道吗 |
[54:07] | Don’t you find aerosols so very convenient? | 你没发现喷雾器很方面吗 |
[54:09] | Compared to Jif Cream they really are superb. | 与去渍易相比 它们棒极了 |
[54:12] | I use bicarb on milk stains. | 我用碳酸氢钠来洗奶渍 |
[54:14] | Only thing that gets rid of the stench. | 只有它能把臭味去除 |
[54:16] | Nothing worse than curdled milk sweating away in the carpets. | 没有比地毯上凝固的奶发臭更恶心的了 |
[54:19] | No. Trust me, you’ve got a spillage, | 不 信我吧 如果有奶渍 |
[54:21] | bicarb is the way to go. | 用碳酸氢钠最有效了 |
[54:23] | Joan, do eat. | 娇安 快吃 |
[54:25] | No, watching me weight. | 不吃了 节食中 |
[54:27] | Can I have yours? | 不要就给我吧 |
[54:41] | Yes, we were at Alderman cartwright’s for a function, | 是的 我们去了魏安德家的舞会 |
[54:45] | only recently. | 也是近期的事 |
[54:46] | Oh, yes? I know the person that cleans for him, of course. | 真的吗 我认识他家的清洁工 |
[54:50] | Not great personal hygiene… | 个人卫生不是很好… |
[54:53] | or so they tell me. | 他们大致就这样说 |
[54:55] | Very rarely cleans his windows. | 几乎不擦他家窗户 |
[54:59] | Oh, Brian. Excuse me. | 布赖 失陪一下 |
[55:02] | I do mine meself, of course. | 我都自个擦窗户的 |
[55:04] | Can’t beat a chamois leather. | 用软皮擦最干净 |
[55:06] | Never be without my Windolene. | 玻璃净清洁剂从不离身 |
[55:07] | Do you have a favourite disinfectant, | 你有最合心意的消毒剂吗 |
[55:10] | Mrs. Sturridge? | 李太太 |
[55:11] | I can’t say I know. | 我不懂这个 |
[55:13] | I’d have to ask Mrs. Miller, our housekeeper. | 我得问问管家米太太 |
[55:20] | You might want to ask her to take a look at that stain. | 你也许要让她看看那个污渍 |
[55:23] | Although not much is going to get that out. | 尽管她不太可能帮你清除掉它 |
[55:25] | Oh, bugger! | 该死的 |
[55:28] | Would you like to dance? | 想跳舞吗 |
[55:29] | – I’d love to. – Come on. | -当然 -来吧 |
[55:31] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[55:35] | Bit of Dutch. | 喝点酒壮壮胆 |
[55:38] | Won’t be long. | 不会太久 |
[55:55] | He must pay very good overtime. | 他花了不少时间缓过来吧 |
[56:00] | Do you know, I’ve never seen your Dad dance before. | 我从没看过你爸爸跳舞 |
[56:04] | That’s probably a blessing. | 这大概是种福份吧 |
[56:07] | Do you think I should try and stop them? | 你觉得我该试着阻止他们吗 |
[56:09] | There’s very little you can do. | 你能做的寥寥无几 |
[56:11] | She might be common, | 她可能不出类拔萃 |
[56:12] | but there’s nothing she doesn’t know about cleaning products. | 但是 她对清洁物品无所不知 |
[56:15] | If I was you, I’d just try to enjoy the food. | 如果我是你 还是继续吃东西吧 |
[56:42] | Mind you, they had lovely flowers in the ladies loo. | 我跟你说 他们在女厕所放了几朵花 |
[56:47] | I think it was to cover the smell of the urinals. | 我想是为了掩盖男厕所飘来的臭气 |
[56:51] | But what a fantastic time, eh? | 多美好的时光 对吧 |
[56:55] | Thanks for coming, Joan. | 娇安 多谢你陪我们来 |
[56:57] | No, thank you. | 不 谢你才对 |
[57:05] | Is this all right for you here? | 你不走没关系吗 |
[57:07] | Yeah. Best be on the safe side. | 对 还是确保万无一失吧 |
[57:11] | See you, flower. | 再见 小帅哥 |
[57:13] | Are you all right, love? | 你没事吧 亲爱的 |
[57:15] | I’m fine. Please, just go home, Mrs. Potter. | 没事 请快回家吧 博太太 |
[57:19] | Yeah, I will. | 我会的 |
[57:21] | I’ll go home. | 就回家了 |
[57:34] | Would you get in the front now, Nigel? | 坐前面来好吧 尼祖 |
[57:41] | What do you think of Joan, then, Nigel? | 你觉得娇安怎么样 尼祖 |
[57:44] | Mrs. Potter? | 博太太 |
[57:46] | I think in some ways she’s quite like your mother. | 我觉得在某方面 她很像你妈 |
[57:50] | She’s nothing like my mother. | 她跟我妈一点也不像 |
[57:54] | Look, Nigel… | 听着 尼祖… |
[57:57] | I loved your mother. | 我爱你妈 |
[58:00] | And I will always love your mother. | 永远都爱 |
[58:03] | But sometimes things change. | 但时过境迁 |
[58:07] | Life moves on. | 生活得继续 |
[58:11] | We have to accept that. | 我们得接受这事 |
[58:13] | I don’t mind change. | 我不介意改变 |
[58:15] | I don’t mind moving on. | 也不介意向前 |
[58:17] | I just don’t like Mrs. Potter. | 我只是不喜欢博太太 |
[58:19] | Give her a chance. | 给她一个机会 |
[58:22] | You don’t know what it’s like on those estates. | 你不知道那些廉租房内的事 |
[58:30] | I don’t care where she comes from. | 我不在乎她来自哪里 |
[58:33] | I just hate her. | 我就是讨厌她 |
[58:34] | I just… | 我只是… |
[58:39] | Oh, for Pete’s sake. | 天啊 |
[58:59] | She was dancing with your Dad? | 她和你爸爸跳舞 |
[59:02] | I think she’d have been kissing him | 如果我不在场的话 |
[59:03] | if I hadn’t been there. | 她一定会跟我爸接吻 |
[59:05] | Maybe it’s just a phase, | 也许这只是过渡 |
[59:07] | cos he’s upset about your Mum. | 你爸还在为你妈的事伤心 |
[59:08] | I don’t even think he thinks about her any more. | 我觉得他已经不再想她了 |
[59:11] | Plus, she’s a brilliant cook. | 再说 她做饭很好吃 |
[59:14] | I wouldn’t worry about it. | 我才不担心这个 |
[59:15] | Her husband will find out, | 她老公会知道这事 |
[59:17] | thump your Dad and get another cleaner. | 打你爸一顿 然后再找个清洁工 |
[59:20] | You reckon? | 你这样认为 |
[59:21] | That’s what happened to Uncle Harry. | 韩大叔身上就发生过这事 |
[59:24] | So, you don’t think it’s serious, then? | 那么 你觉得这不严重 对吧 |
[59:26] | Don’t be stupid. | 别傻了 |
[59:28] | You’ve got absolutely nothing to worry about. | 你少瞎操心 |
[59:30] | Come on, Nigel! | 尼祖 快点 |
[59:34] | Where are we going? | 我们这是去哪 |
[59:35] | You’ll see. | 等会你就知道了 |
[59:37] | It’s a surprise. | 惊喜在后头 |
[59:56] | Nigel, I know it’s been difficult since your mum died, | 尼祖 我知道你妈死后一切都很艰难 |
[1:00:02] | but you’ve been very patient, haven’t you? | 但你一直很耐心 对吧 |
[1:00:05] | Are we nearly there yet? | 我们快到了吗 |
[1:00:07] | And it’s just, I’ve been thinking… | 这只是 我一直在想… |
[1:00:11] | …it might be better for all of us | 如果一切重新开始 |
[1:00:14] | if we made a new start of everything. | 对我们会更好一点 |
[1:00:18] | What do you mean, “A new start”? | “重新开始” 什么意思 |
[1:00:20] | Well, it’s just… since your mum died, | 只是…你妈死后 |
[1:00:25] | everything got off on the wrong footing. | 一切都乱了套 |
[1:00:29] | – That’s all. – So we can get a new cleaner? | -就这样 -那我们要雇新清洁工了吗 |
[1:00:33] | No, no, we don’t need a new cleaner. | 不 不是的 我们不需要新清洁工 |
[1:00:37] | Joan is not the… | 娇安不是… |
[1:00:40] | Mrs. Potter is not the problem here. | 博太太不是问题所在 |
[1:01:01] | Is this it? | 就它吗 |
[1:01:04] | It’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 它很漂亮 是吧 |
[1:01:07] | Imagine living here. | 试想住在这里 |
[1:01:10] | No neighbours. | 没有邻舍 |
[1:01:11] | Perfect seclusion. | 绝佳的隐居 |
[1:01:13] | Wonderful country views. | 极好的乡村景色 |
[1:01:15] | Dad, what’s going on? | 爸爸 怎么了 |
[1:01:16] | Nothing, nothing. Only saying. | 没有 没 只是说说 |
[1:01:19] | It’s got a septic tank and everything. | 配有堆肥池 应有尽有 |
[1:01:21] | Dad, who lives here? | 爸爸 谁住在这里 |
[1:01:25] | Well, actually… | 实际上… |
[1:01:27] | We do. | 我们住这 |
[1:01:29] | What do you mean?! | 你什么意思 |
[1:01:31] | All the stuff’s coming this afternoon. | 家具下午就到 |
[1:01:32] | But what about school? | 上学怎么办 |
[1:01:33] | What about Warrel? | 我怎么找伟力? |
[1:01:35] | I mean, it’s miles from anywhere. | 随便到哪都有几公里远 |
[1:01:37] | You’ll get used to it, Nigel. | 你会习惯的 尼祖 |
[1:01:38] | I don’t want to get used to it. | 我不要习惯这个 |
[1:01:40] | We can’t move here. | 我们不能搬这来 |
[1:01:41] | What about Mrs Potter? | 博夫人呢 |
[1:01:44] | Everything’s going to be all right, Nigel. | 尼祖 一切都会好的 |
[1:01:46] | It’s not the end of the world. | 这并不是世界末日 |
[1:01:48] | What could possibly be worse than moving here? | 有什么能比搬到这里还要糟 |
[1:01:51] | Ah! Nigel! Woo-hoo! | 尼祖 |
[1:01:54] | Sweetie! | 亲爱的 |
[1:01:56] | Say hello to your Auntie Joan. | 和你娇安阿姨打个招呼 |
[1:01:58] | You can call me Joanie, if you like. | 你也可以叫我娇安姨 |
[1:02:13] | I knew it was a bad idea not to tell him. | 你应该事先告诉他的 |
[1:02:17] | I’ll deal with this. | 我去和他谈谈 |
[1:02:53] | Look, I know this is all a bit of a shock for you. | 我知道这对你是个很大的打击 |
[1:02:57] | I know it’s very hard. | 我知道你很难受 |
[1:02:59] | I can never replace your mother. | 我永远也不可能代替你母亲 |
[1:03:05] | But I know what it feels like to be alone. | 但是我了解孤单的滋味 |
[1:03:14] | I’m not your enemy, Nigel. | 尼祖 我不想跟你对着干 |
[1:03:17] | I want to put all that bad feeling behind us, | 让我们把所有不愉快抛到脑后 |
[1:03:21] | make a fresh start here, | 重新开始 |
[1:03:24] | the three of us. | 我们三个人一起 |
[1:03:32] | Give us a chance here. | 给我个机会吧 |
[1:03:35] | Come on. | 求你了 |
[1:03:37] | We can make this work. | 我们会相处愉快的 |
[1:03:40] | Together. | 一起努力 |
[1:03:43] | No! You’re our cleaner, for God’s sake, | 不 你只是个清洁工而已! |
[1:03:46] | just go back to Wolverhampton! | 滚回你的廉租屋里去 |
[1:03:47] | Now, you listen here, you spoilt little brat, | 小浑蛋你给我听着 |
[1:03:50] | I have given up everything to come here | 我为了这里放弃一切 |
[1:03:53] | and look after you, all right? | 就为了照顾你! |
[1:03:55] | I will be lynched if I ever go back to Wolverhampton. | 我要是再回到那廉租屋里 就天打雷劈! |
[1:03:57] | So, let’s cut the dogs doo-da, hey? | 所以 我也不跟你废话了 |
[1:03:59] | You’re just going to have to sodding well get used to it, | 你就他妈的接受事实吧 |
[1:04:02] | or I’ll make your every waking hour | 否则你别想有 |
[1:04:03] | a complete blinking misery! Capiche? | 一天好日子过! |
[1:04:06] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[1:04:09] | Yeah! Course, darling! | 当然 亲爱的 |
[1:04:16] | I think we’ve sorted everything out, haven’t we, Nigel? | 尼祖 我们间没问题了 对吧 |
[1:04:34] | She may not be your mother, | 她虽然不是你母亲 |
[1:04:36] | Nigel, but she’s a bloomin’ good cook. | 但是她做的菜真好吃 |
[1:04:38] | Well, as they used to say in Wolverhampton, bon appeti-ti! | 民以食为天 你们就尽情吃吧 |
[1:04:52] | Well, as they used to say in Wolverhampton, bon appeti-ti! | 民以食为天 你们就尽情吃吧 |
[1:05:13] | All done? | 都吃完了吗 |
[1:05:16] | That was absolutely delicious, darling. | 真是太美味了 亲爱的 |
[1:05:21] | Nigel, help Joan with the dishes. | 尼祖 去帮忙洗盘子 |
[1:05:23] | I’ve got a book to finish for school. | 我还有书要看呢 |
[1:05:24] | No buts, Nigel, give Joan a hand. | 我不讲第二遍了 去帮帮她 |
[1:05:42] | – Oh, Nigel Slater, nice bag! – Give it back! | -施尼祖 这包不错啊 -还给我 |
[1:05:47] | Now, as it’s the start of a new term, | 现在刚开学 |
[1:05:49] | you all need to pick one option. | 你们都要开门选修课 |
[1:05:53] | Slater, pay attention. | 施尼祖 别开小差 |
[1:05:56] | Now, hands up for woodwork. | 要选木工的举手 |
[1:06:01] | Home economics. | 选家政的呢 |
[1:06:10] | Are you serious? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[1:06:18] | Ah, are you going to have them later with your mummy and daddy? | 你该不是带回去给父母吃吧 |
[1:07:07] | Oh, hello, Nigel. | 你回来了 尼祖 |
[1:07:10] | – What are you doing in there? – Nothing. | -你在这儿干什么 -没干什么 |
[1:07:20] | Absolutely delicious. | 人间美味啊 |
[1:07:22] | – What’s for afters? – How about a scone? | -甜品吃什么 -来个烤饼如何啊 |
[1:07:25] | A scone? | 烤饼 |
[1:07:28] | And a nice cup of tea? | 再来杯茶 |
[1:07:30] | Is he OK? | 他没事吧 |
[1:07:33] | Where the hell did they come from? | 这些饼哪里来的 |
[1:07:35] | Made them, earlier. | 之前做的 |
[1:07:39] | What do you mean, you made them, earlier? | 什么叫你之前做的 |
[1:07:41] | At school. Taste one. | 在学校做的 尝一个 |
[1:07:44] | But I’ve made a gooseberry fool. | 但我做了奶油醋栗泥啊 |
[1:07:45] | I’m sure it’ll keep. | 那个放着不会坏的 |
[1:08:00] | Actually, they’re not half bad, Nigel. | 味道还不错 尼祖 |
[1:08:06] | Excellent effort. | 你可真能干 |
[1:08:08] | Does this mean you’ll be doing the cooking | 那以后每周三 |
[1:08:09] | every Wednesday from now on? | 你都会带吃的回来了? |
[1:08:12] | Yes. It does, actually. | 是 我会带吃的回来 |
[1:08:19] | Well done, Nigel. Mmm! | 非常好 尼祖 |
[1:08:25] | Yeah, well done, son. | 儿子 太棒了 |
[1:08:28] | Well done. | 非常好 |
[1:08:36] | Oh, very good work, Nigel! | 尼祖 你做得太棒了 |
[1:08:41] | Oh, dear, that’s very sloppy, I’m afraid. | 你这个弄得太稀了 |
[1:08:43] | Now, this is why we should have put… | 这就是为什么必须加 |
[1:08:58] | What’s all this? It’s a Wednesday, | 这怎么回事 今天周三 |
[1:09:01] | I’ve made a shepherd’s pie. | 我做了肉馅马铃薯饼 |
[1:09:02] | Oh, I’m sorry, love, completely forgot. | 宝贝对不起 我忘记了 |
[1:09:05] | Oh, well, never mind. | 没关系 |
[1:09:07] | Mmm, looks delicious, darling. | 亲爱的 看上去好吃极了 |
[1:09:10] | Pop it in the fridge. | 放冰箱吧 |
[1:09:11] | I’m sure it’ll keep, sweetheart. | 我想放着不会坏的吧 |
[1:09:43] | Oh, hello, Nigel. | 尼祖 你回来了 |
[1:09:44] | I’ve made a trifle. | 我做了个松糕 |
[1:09:46] | Oh, Nigel, we ate early. | 我们之前吃过了 |
[1:09:49] | Yeah, but there’s some lemon meringue on the side there. | 还有些柠檬蛋白派在桌上 |
[1:09:51] | That was the best lemon meringue pie I have ever tasted. | 那是我吃过的最好吃的 |
[1:09:54] | Oh, thank you, I’ll have to make it on a regular basis! | 谢谢 我会经常做的 |
[1:10:32] | That’s the best lemon meringue you’ve ever tasted. | 这是你吃过的最好吃的 |
[1:10:37] | That’s the best lemon meringue anybody’s ever tasted. | 这味道天下第一了 |
[1:10:41] | If I was you, son, I’d give up. | 如果我是你 孩子 我就放弃了 |
[1:10:46] | You’ll never even be in the vicinity. | 我和你是天壤之别 |
[1:10:50] | What did you put in there to make it so fluffy? | 你放了什么 那么蓬松 |
[1:10:55] | If you want to make a lemon meringue, | 如果你真想做 |
[1:10:57] | sunshine, you’re going to have to get your own recipe. | 就得用你自己的食谱 |
[1:11:35] | You really have to go home now, Nigel. | 尼祖 你真的该回家了 |
[1:12:10] | Don’t you have some homework to do? | 你没作业要做吗 |
[1:12:19] | Bugger off. | 走开 |
[1:12:21] | More creamed potato? | 还要些土豆泥吗 |
[1:12:23] | No, sweetheart, I’m s…I’m stuffed. | 亲爱的 不要了 我吃饱了 |
[1:12:26] | I spent all afternoon on this. | 我花了一个下午做的 |
[1:12:29] | Erm, all right, then just a little bit. | 那好吧 就吃一点 |
[1:12:46] | Oh, I made your favourite for afters | 我做了你最喜欢的甜点 |
[1:12:49] | lemon meringue pie. | 柠檬蛋白派 |
[1:13:34] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[1:13:35] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[1:13:36] | – It’s a lemon meringue. – What? | -这是柠檬蛋白派 -什么 |
[1:13:37] | I made it for you specially. | 我特意为你做的 |
[1:13:39] | – What for? – To eat. For a snack. | -做这个干什么 -当点心吃 |
[1:13:42] | I don’t want a snack, we just had our tea. | 我不要吃点心 刚喝完下午茶 |
[1:13:44] | But I thought you loved lemon meringue pie. | 我以为你喜欢吃柠檬蛋白派 |
[1:13:46] | – I couldn’t eat anything now. – Anyway, | -我现在什么都吃不下 -要吃的话 |
[1:13:48] | I’ve got a Victoria sponge I made earlier. | 我做了个果酱夹层蛋糕 |
[1:13:53] | But it’s freshly baked, Dad. | 我这个是刚做好的 |
[1:13:56] | Nigel, look, I appreciate the effort | 尼祖 谢谢你为我做的派 |
[1:13:59] | but I’m not even remotely hungry. | 但是我现在一点也不饿 |
[1:14:01] | – Just try it. – No! | -尝尝看嘛 -不要 |
[1:14:02] | – I know that you’ll like it. – Nigel, please. | -你肯定会喜欢的 -尼祖 别这样 |
[1:14:05] | Take it away. | 拿走吧 |
[1:14:43] | That’s my recipe. | 这是我的配方 |
[1:14:45] | You bleeding well stole this. | 你他妈的偷学我 |
[1:14:47] | No, I didn’t. I invented that myself. | 不 我没有 这是我自创的 |
[1:14:50] | Mine’s even got peel in it. | 我这里面还有柠檬皮呢 |
[1:14:52] | I cook for you, I clean for you, | 我做饭给你吃 帮你打扫 |
[1:14:55] | I look after your every bleeding need | 方方面面都照顾你 |
[1:14:58] | and this is how you repay me? | 这就是你对我的回报吗 |
[1:15:00] | Get off my patch, matey, | 朋友 别和我抢生意 |
[1:15:03] | cos I do the lemon meringues around here, | 柠檬派由我包办了 |
[1:15:06] | you ungrateful little turd. | 你个忘恩负义的小崽子 |
[1:15:08] | I think you’re getting this out of perspective. | 我觉得你反应过激了 |
[1:15:11] | – He didn’t even try any. – Perspective? | -他连碰都没碰 -过激了 |
[1:15:13] | I’ll give you a bleeding perspective. | 我让你见识下真正的过激 |
[1:15:17] | And you can clean that up! | 你打扫干净 |
[1:15:21] | What on earth did you say to her? | 你到底对她说了什么 |
[1:15:24] | I didn’t say anything, she’s mad. | 我什么都没说 她脑子有问题 |
[1:15:26] | You have to get rid of her, Dad. | 老爸 你得离她远点 |
[1:15:28] | I’ve asked Mrs Potter to marry me. | 我已经向她求婚了 |
[1:15:29] | – Marry you? – You’re going to have to accept that. | -求婚 -你就接受这现实吧 |
[1:15:32] | – Or? – Or we’re going to have to put you into care. | -否则呢 -否则我们会好好管教你 |
[1:15:37] | We can’t go on like this. | 你不能再这样胡闹了 |
[1:15:59] | Thanks for the cake, Nigel. | 尼祖 谢谢你做了蛋糕 |
[1:16:03] | A lovely gesture. | 非常有诚意 |
[1:16:06] | Yeah, it’s really not that bad for a first attempt. | 第一次做 能这样已经很不错了 |
[1:16:11] | Everybody loves the food. | 大家对食物很满意 |
[1:16:13] | My meat puffs are going like hot cakes. | 我做的肉末酥很受欢迎 |
[1:16:15] | Not much of a crowd. | 来的人不多 |
[1:16:17] | It’s good that Sheila’s shown up. | 还好苏家的人都来了 |
[1:16:20] | Would you like a vol-au-vent? I made them myself. | 要吃个酥皮盒子吗 我自己做的 |
[1:16:22] | Are you all right, Dad? | 你还好吧 老爸 |
[1:16:24] | Yes, just a bit…tight that’s all. | 还好 就是有些紧 |
[1:16:27] | Funny, it was all right at the fitting. | 奇怪 试穿的时候正好啊 |
[1:16:34] | Hey, you must be pleased to have a new mum. | 你有个新妈妈一定很高兴吧 |
[1:16:37] | Not really. | 还好 |
[1:16:39] | She might have a heart of ice, | 她可能是铁石心肠 |
[1:16:41] | son, but she puts on a damn fine spread. | 不过还真是烧得一桌好菜啊 |
[1:16:43] | Her husband’s lost two stone since she moved out. | 自从她走以后 她老公瘦了好多 |
[1:16:47] | That’ll do for later. | 这份我过会儿吃 |
[1:16:54] | An absolute nightmare, | 她人不怎么样 |
[1:16:57] | but a bloody good baker, | 但做的蛋糕真好吃 |
[1:16:58] | I think she could’ve been a professional. | 我觉得是专业水准的 |
[1:17:00] | I made this, actually. | 事实上 这是我做的 |
[1:17:04] | Well. If it all gets too much, | 好吧 以后实在不行 |
[1:17:05] | son, you can always go into catering. | 你可以去餐饮业发展 |
[1:17:14] | Wait, wait! No, no, no, no, no. | 等下 别 别 |
[1:17:16] | What are you doing? No, Alan, no! | 你干什么 艾伦 不要 |
[1:17:21] | No, you can’t do that! | 你抱不动的 |
[1:17:23] | No, come on, get up there. | 快 进屋吧 |
[1:17:25] | Let’s get you up to the bedroom. | 我们去卧室吧 |
[1:17:27] | That’s where we can, you know, | 在那里 |
[1:17:29] | get your old pyjamas on. Good man. | 给你换上旧睡衣 |
[1:17:33] | Come on, Mrs Slater. | 快走 施夫人 |
[1:17:35] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:17:38] | Come on, up we get. | 快 往上走 |
[1:18:32] | – 16? – I’m only looking for a Saturday job. | -你才十六岁 -我想找份周末的打工 |
[1:18:35] | I just want to get out of the house, really. | 我不想待在家里 |
[1:18:38] | I’m very good, honest. | 我厨艺很好 真的 |
[1:18:39] | I’ve read the complete works of | 彭玛莉的全套烹饪书 |
[1:18:40] | Marguerite Patten and everything. | 我已经读完了 |
[1:18:46] | Duck a l’orange, | 鲜橙烩鸭 |
[1:18:48] | boeuf bourguignon, | 红酒牛肉 |
[1:18:50] | veal cordon bleu, | 蓝带小牛肉 |
[1:18:51] | that’s the most expensive. | 这牛肉非常昂贵 |
[1:18:53] | You can feel the duck because of the bones. | 通过骨头你能摸出这是只鸭子 |
[1:18:56] | This is sophisticated cooking, Nigel. | 尼祖 这是非常高级的料理 |
[1:19:00] | So this is where the magic happens. | 这里就是见证奇迹的地方 |
[1:19:03] | Whack it up, bung it in, 20 minutes. | 拍打一阵 放水里煮二十分钟 |
[1:19:07] | Now, if it hasn’t got a label on, | 没有贴标签的话 |
[1:19:08] | just chuck it in anyway. | 就直接放进去 |
[1:19:10] | Now, I know it all seems a bit complicated at first | 一开始是有些复杂 |
[1:19:13] | but you’ll soon get the hang of it. | 很快你就会掌握的 |
[1:20:14] | Who was that? | 刚才那人是谁 |
[1:20:16] | The owner’s son from upstairs. | 老板的儿子 他住楼上 |
[1:20:18] | You want to watch him. Apparently, | 就是惹人注目 也难怪 |
[1:20:21] | he’s training to be a ballerina. | 人家是练芭蕾舞的 |
[1:20:41] | Really, I can’t eat these. | 我吃不下了 |
[1:20:44] | I just cooked them. | 我刚做的 |
[1:20:45] | Well, we just had supper an hour ago. | 我们一小时前才吃过晚饭 |
[1:20:47] | Just leave them there. You might get peckish. | 那就放着吧 说不定你会饿的 |
[1:20:54] | Oh, please, try to relax, dear. | 亲爱的 放松点 |
[1:21:10] | – What are you doing? – Oh nothing, | -你干什么啊 -没事 |
[1:21:12] | just watch the telly, don’t mind me. | 你看你的电视 别管我 |
[1:21:14] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[1:21:15] | Nowhere. Out with some mates. | 没去哪里 和朋友在外面玩 |
[1:21:17] | You haven’t got any mates. | 你又没什么朋友的 |
[1:21:20] | I got a part time job helping out at the Green Dragon. | 我在青龙酒店找了份兼职 |
[1:21:23] | What, the pub with the restaurant? | 什么 带餐馆的酒店吗 |
[1:21:25] | Just on Saturdays. | 我就周六上班 |
[1:21:28] | How much are they paying you? | 他们付你多少钱 |
[1:21:30] | She didn’t say. | 她没说 |
[1:21:33] | I thought you’d be pleased | 我以为我不在 |
[1:21:35] | I was out from under your feet for a bit. | 你会耳根清静点 |
[1:21:37] | Uh-huh, yeah. | 好吧 |
[1:21:39] | No, you don’t. | 不是这样的 |
[1:21:41] | Do you think I’m stupid? | 你是觉得我傻 |
[1:21:43] | Do you think I was born yesterday? | 还是觉得我幼稚 |
[1:21:46] | I know what you’re up to. | 我知道你打什么主意 |
[1:21:47] | Well, two can play at that game, sunshine. | 好吧 老娘就来陪你玩玩 |
[1:21:50] | I’ll give you boeuf bourguignon. | 我来烧红酒牛肉 |
[1:21:52] | Tomorrow, we’ll have duck a l’orange | 明天我烧鲜橙烩鸭 |
[1:21:54] | or should it be coq au vin? | 或者红酒烩鸡 |
[1:21:56] | And then some moules mariniere. | 之后再弄些葱烧贻贝 |
[1:21:57] | Oh yeah, I can do foreign muck, as well. | 是啊 外国菜我也会烧 |
[1:21:59] | And that’s just for starters. | 这还只是前菜 |
[1:22:00] | – Joan! – I don’t know what you’re on about. | -娇安 -我不知道你要干嘛 |
[1:22:02] | Quiches, tortes, omelettes, seafood, souffles, | 乳蛋饼 果仁蛋糕 蛋卷 海鲜 蛋奶酥 |
[1:22:04] | the bleeding lot. | 我都会做 |
[1:22:05] | In fact, I think I’ll just rustle up a tarte tatin. | 我想我要准备点塔坦蛋挞 |
[1:22:07] | That’s a caramelised apple pie | 那是种焦糖苹果派 |
[1:22:09] | in case you’re wondering! | 万一你不知道的话 |
[1:22:10] | Just stop it! | 别说了 |
[1:22:12] | Enough is enough. | 吵够了没 |
[1:22:14] | Enough fighting, enough food. | 不要再吵了 不要再弄吃的了 |
[1:22:21] | Will you just please try to get on? | 你们就不能和睦相处吗 |
[1:22:28] | This is miserable. | 这日子没法过了 |
[1:22:45] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 老爸 对不起 |
[1:22:51] | Oh, just go away, Nigel. | 让我静静吧 尼祖 |
[1:23:32] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:23:34] | Er, yes. | 没事 |
[1:23:36] | Yes…perfectly fine. | 我很好 |
[1:23:40] | Thanks very much. | 谢谢关心 |
[1:23:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:08] | Mavis! | 美姨? |
[1:24:11] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:24:15] | You’re Nigel, aren’t you? | 你是尼祖 是吗 |
[1:24:17] | The Fanny Cradock of Knightswick Lane. | 来自奈特斯维克大街的戈芬妮 |
[1:24:20] | Not any more. My dad stopped me coming. | 不再是了 我父亲不让我来了 |
[1:24:23] | To be honest, I only came to get out of the house. | 说实话 我来只是为了不待在家里 |
[1:24:25] | Though I think I’d like to be a cook eventually. | 当然 我以后应该会当厨师的 |
[1:24:28] | How come you know so much about it? | 你怎么学的烹饪? |
[1:24:30] | I don’t, really. | 其实我都不懂 |
[1:24:31] | My granny was French, | 我奶奶是法国人 |
[1:24:33] | I just picked a few things up on holiday. | 我只是在过节的时候从她那里学一点 |
[1:24:35] | They’ve got a very good attitude, the French. | 法国人对于烹饪的态度非常好 |
[1:24:36] | Like Marguerite Patten. | 比如说彭玛丽 |
[1:24:38] | Marguerite Patten is from High Barnet. | 彭玛丽是高巴尼特人 |
[1:24:40] | They follow their instincts. | 他们烹饪时跟着感觉走 |
[1:24:45] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们出去走走 |
[1:24:47] | That’s the trouble with everyone round here, | 这里人都有个毛病 |
[1:24:50] | they’re all so hidebound. | 他们都不爱出门 |
[1:24:52] | If you don’t get out, | 如果你不出来透透气 |
[1:24:53] | you’ll turn into your parents. | 也会和你父母一样的 |
[1:24:56] | How long have you lived here? | 你在这儿住了多久了 |
[1:24:58] | A few years. | 好几年了 |
[1:25:00] | We moved from Wolverhampton. | 我们是从沃汉顿搬来的 |
[1:25:02] | Oh, the culinary capital of the Midlands! | 那里是中部地区的美食之都啊 |
[1:25:05] | What made you want to be a chef? | 你为什么想当厨师? |
[1:25:07] | Don’t know, really. I just like it. | 不清楚 就是喜欢烹饪 |
[1:25:11] | Somehow it feels quite natural. | 有种与生俱来的感觉 |
[1:25:14] | How did you know you wanted to be a ballet dancer? | 你为什么想当芭蕾舞员? |
[1:25:17] | I don’t. | 我不想 |
[1:25:19] | I only agreed to go down there | 这只是种妥协 |
[1:25:20] | so I could get away from them. | 脱离父母的掌控 |
[1:25:22] | So you don’t want to be a ballet dancer? | 你不想当芭蕾舞演员? |
[1:25:24] | God, no. | 当然不想 |
[1:25:25] | I don’t have a clue what I want to be. | 我也不知道自己想干什么 |
[1:25:32] | How the hell do you stand it here? | 你怎么能忍得了他们? |
[1:25:34] | I don’t have much choice. | 我别无选择 |
[1:25:37] | You’ve every choice in the world. | 你有选择一切的权利 |
[1:25:40] | You just got to be brave. | 只要你勇敢 |
[1:25:42] | You can be anything you want to be. | 就能得到想要的 |
[1:25:45] | Do you think? | 你是这么认为的 |
[1:25:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:25:50] | If you’ve got the nerve. | 如果你够勇敢 |
[1:25:52] | You just have to be prepared to risk something. | 做好冒险的准备 |
[1:26:24] | See? | 明白吗 |
[1:26:27] | You can be anything you want to be. | 想做什么 就能做到 |
[1:26:31] | Come on, Elizabeth David, | 走吧 戴伊莉 |
[1:26:33] | we better be getting back. | 我们得回去了 |
[1:26:40] | Stuart! | 斯顿 |
[1:26:44] | Wait! | 等等我 |
[1:26:50] | Stuart! | 斯顿 |
[1:26:52] | – See you. – Come on! | -再见 -快来啊 |
[1:26:56] | Can I see you tomorrow? | 我们明天能见面吗 |
[1:26:58] | Tough tits, big ears. | 很不凑巧 |
[1:27:00] | I’ve got to be in White Lodge in the morning. | 我明早就要去白伦格了 |
[1:27:01] | – What? – Term starts on Monday. | -什么 -我周一就开学了 |
[1:27:04] | – Come on! – Don’t worry, sweetheart, | -快点 -亲爱的 别担心 |
[1:27:05] | you’ll find someone else to play with. | 你会找到其他玩伴的 |
[1:27:07] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:27:10] | Don’t leave me here alone. | 别留下我一个人 |
[1:27:17] | You’ll be all right, Nige. | 你会好起来的 小尼 |
[1:27:29] | – Who’s that? – That’s Nigel. He used to work in the restaurant. | -那是谁 -他是尼祖 他之前在餐馆里上班 |
[1:27:46] | Dad?! Hello? | 老爸 有人吗 |
[1:27:56] | I told him to leave it. | 我让他别管了 |
[1:27:57] | I told him we’d get a gardener. | 让他雇个园丁的 |
[1:28:00] | I said leave it till next week. | 我让他下周再弄 |
[1:28:04] | He hadn’t even eaten properly. | 他连饭都没好好吃 |
[1:28:07] | – What’s happened? – I told him, Nigel. | -发生什么事了 -我和他说了 |
[1:28:08] | I told him. He just wouldn’t listen. | 我和他说 他就是不听 |
[1:28:10] | Mrs Potter, what’s going on? | 博夫人 这是怎么了 |
[1:28:13] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[1:28:16] | One minute he was there with the mower, | 前一分钟还在弄割草机 |
[1:28:17] | and the next minute he wasn’t. | 一下子就没有了 |
[1:28:19] | What do you mean “He’s gone”? | 他走了 是什么意思啊 |
[1:28:22] | He’s dead, darling. | 亲爱的 他死了 |
[1:28:28] | We’re on our own now, son. | 儿子 现在只剩我们俩了 |
[1:28:32] | Oh, my poor darling. | 可怜的小宝贝 |
[1:28:36] | Don’t worry. I’ll look after you. | 别担心 我会照顾你的 |
[1:28:40] | We’re going to get through this together. | 我们一起共渡难关 |
[1:28:42] | We’ll both cook together. | 我们一起做饭 |
[1:28:44] | Lovely, healthy dishes. | 做些精致的 健康的菜肴 |
[1:28:47] | We’ll cook a lemon meringue. Every year. | 我们每年做一个柠檬蛋白派 |
[1:28:51] | In commemoration. | 纪念你父亲 |
[1:29:07] | You did this. | 是你害的 |
[1:29:40] | Yesterday when I was young | 昔日 当我年少时 |
[1:29:46] | the taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue. | 生命甜蜜 似舌尖上的雨露 |
[1:29:53] | I teased at life as if it were a foolish game, | 我视生活如儿戏 |
[1:29:55] | Nigel! Nigel! | 尼祖 尼祖 |
[1:29:58] | the way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame. | 似夜风挑逗烛火 |
[1:30:02] | Nigel! Let me in! | 尼祖 让我进来 |
[1:30:05] | The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned | 无数的梦想 宏伟的计划 |
[1:30:08] | Please, Nigel! Open the door! Talk to me! Nigel! | 求你了 开开门 和我说说话 |
[1:30:10] | I always built alas on weak and shifting sand. | 总是构筑在脆弱流动的沙土上 |
[1:30:16] | I lived by night and shunned the naked light of the day | 我昼伏夜出 避开白天的光亮 |
[1:30:16] | Nigel, come on, son! | 快点 儿子 |
[1:30:20] | Let me in, love. | 让我进来 |
[1:30:21] | Son, come on! | 快点 |
[1:30:28] | I brought you a cup of tea and a nice bit of cake. | 我给你带来杯茶和一些蛋糕 |
[1:30:29] | I don’t want it. | 我不要 |
[1:30:32] | And I don’t have to have it. | 你别逼我吃 |
[1:30:33] | I don’t want you in my life any more | 我想你从我生活中消失 |
[1:30:36] | Aw, no, you’re just upset. What you doing? | 你只是不安罢了 你在干什么 |
[1:30:41] | Nigel. Talk to me, son. | 尼祖 和我说说话 |
[1:30:44] | Talk to me! | 说话啊 |
[1:30:46] | You won. I don’t have to see you ever again. | 算你赢了 我不想再看到你 |
[1:30:52] | – I’m your mother! – You’re nobody. | -我可是你妈啊 -你什么也不是 |
[1:30:57] | No, wait! Stop! | 等等 别走 |
[1:31:00] | You’re too young! I’m ordering you! | 你还没长大呢 给我站住 |
[1:31:02] | Nigel! Slater! Stop this right now! | 施尼祖 别闹了 |
[1:31:06] | I said now! | 马上打住 |
[1:31:09] | Nigel, you can’t leave me on me own here! | 尼祖 你不能留下我一个人 |
[1:31:11] | You’re the only thing I’ve got! | 你是我唯一的依靠了 |
[1:31:14] | I’ll make up for everything. | 我会补偿一切的 |
[1:31:16] | I’ll cook anything you want me to. | 你要吃什么都给你做 |
[1:31:18] | Please, Nigel, say something to me. | 求你了 说点什么吧 |
[1:31:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:31:23] | What do you mean, thank you? | 你什么意思 谢我什么 |
[1:31:27] | What do you mean, thank you?! | 为什么要谢我 |
[1:31:31] | What do you mean?! | 什么意思啊 |
[1:31:34] | Nigel! Come back, Nigel! | 尼祖 回来 |
[1:31:38] | Nigel Slater! Come back here now! | 施尼祖 马上给我回来 |
[1:31:48] | – So, how old are you really? – 17. | -你到底几岁 -十七岁 |
[1:31:51] | – But you have worked in a kitchen? – Yeah. | -你以前下过厨? -是的 |
[1:31:53] | I do a very good lemon meringue. | 我做的柠檬蛋白派很好吃 |
[1:31:55] | That’s what they all say, sunshine. | 小伙子 来应聘的都这么说 |
[1:32:06] | – All right, you’re on. – Are you sure? | -好吧 你被雇佣了 -你确定? |
[1:32:24] | You’re going to be fine. | 你可以做得来 |
[1:32:26] | You’re really going to be fine. | 一定没问题的 |
[1:32:54] | 施尼祖后来成为英国最顶尖的厨师 最受畅销的菜谱作者以及最受欢迎电视人物 |