时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:05] | You look like you’re doing all right. | 你看起来还不错 |
[02:10] | Father Time has his way with us all. | 时光老人对我们自有一套 |
[02:14] | Looks like you must have pissed him off. | 你看起来到像是惹毛他了 |
[02:25] | Why we here? | 你找我来这到底要干吗 |
[02:29] | I got a thing | 我对州警察部门在问的事 |
[02:30] | the State PD’s asking about. | 有点想法 |
[02:32] | The Lake Charles murder. | 查尔斯湖谋杀案 |
[02:36] | I mean, shouldn’t it have been in the paper | 都这个时候了 |
[02:37] | to draw a line somewhere by now? | 难道不是应该已经结案了吗 |
[02:39] | I mean, we can’t trust them. | 我们不能相信他们 |
[02:43] | And, I mean, if they’re gonna cover something like that up, | 如果他们连这种事都想掩盖 |
[02:45] | who knows what else they’ve covered up? | 谁知道他们还掩盖了什么事 |
[02:48] | What you think? | 你怎么认为 |
[02:51] | I think you don’t look particularly healthy. | 我认为你看起来很不健康 |
[02:54] | Listening to you talk, | 你的说话方式 |
[02:56] | your eyes, you seem | 你的眼神 看起来 |
[02:59] | kind of brittle, Rust. | 你已经到极限了 拉斯特 |
[03:01] | Most of the last decade I spent stone-drunk. | 过去十年里大多数时间我都烂醉如泥 |
[03:05] | Functional, but hammered. | 我虽然还能动弹 但是这对我的伤害也很大 |
[03:09] | Went back to Alaska, | 回阿拉斯加待了八年 |
[03:10] | spent 8 years working fishing boats, bars. | 打渔 调酒 |
[03:13] | – Oh, I thought you didn’t like the cold. – I hate it. | -我还以为你不喜欢天冷 -我讨厌天冷 |
[03:16] | And then I come back here | 2010年 |
[03:18] | to Louisiana for the first time in 2010. | 我第一次回来路易斯安那 |
[03:20] | And why is that? | 为什么回来 |
[03:22] | The same reason I’m sitting across the table from you now. | 和我现在坐在你对面的原因一样 |
[03:27] | A man remembers his debts. | 男人不会忘了他欠的债 |
[03:31] | I don’t dwell on the past. | 我不喜欢细数过去 |
[03:34] | Well, it must be nice. | 那感觉一定很好 |
[03:35] | I’m not interested in whatever it is you think you owe me. | 不管你认为你欠我什么 我都不感兴趣 |
[03:39] | Oh, I don’t owe you. | 我不欠你什么 |
[03:40] | We left something undone. | 而是我们有事没做完 |
[03:44] | We got to fix it, | 我们必须做完 |
[03:46] | and I’ve been working on this for two years. | 我这两年一直在忙这事 |
[03:48] | Me, myself. | 我 一个人 |
[03:49] | Never called you, I never bothered you with it– | 从来没找过你 从来没麻烦过你 |
[03:52] | Yeah, why would you? Shit, man, what did you do? | 是啊 你为什么会找我 操 你都做了些什么 |
[03:54] | Alienate every other person in your life, | 你疏远你生命中的每个人 |
[03:57] | and then finally you came back to me in the rotation? | 然后最终又回来找我 |
[03:59] | You know, not for nothing, | 不是我要指责什么 |
[04:00] | but if you wouldn’t have clipped Ledoux back then, | 但是如果你当时没干掉勒杜 |
[04:02] | we might have got the whole fucking story out of him. | 也许我们已经把整件事弄清楚了 |
[04:06] | You know, I think I’m gonna finish this beer and say so long. | 我把酒喝完就走 |
[04:10] | Now, I’m not much of a drinker nowadays. | 我最近已经不怎么喝酒了 |
[04:12] | In fact, I hadn’t had a drop in 3 weeks till I ran into you. | 事实上 遇到你之前我已经三周没喝了 |
[04:15] | Well, I don’t need you to drink, Marty. | 我不需要你喝酒 马蒂 |
[04:17] | – I need you to help me. – Why would I? | -我需要你帮我 -我为什么要帮你 |
[04:19] | They say you can’t account for your time. | 他们说你无法证明自己在哪里 |
[04:21] | They got eyewitnesses placing you | 并且有目击证人看到你在 |
[04:24] | at the Lake Charles crime scene. | 查尔斯湖犯罪现场出现 |
[04:26] | You got some storage shed that you won’t let them look at. | 你有个仓库却不肯让他们查看 |
[04:29] | – That’s right. – Why not? | -没错 -为什么不 |
[04:30] | Why not shoot straight with them? You’re innocent. | 为什么不跟他们合作 你是清白的 |
[04:33] | Help them stop wasting their time. | 别让他们再浪费时间了 |
[04:34] | Fucking since when did guilt | 什么时候开始 |
[04:36] | and innocence define the State PD, huh? | 由州警察部门决定谁清白谁有罪了 |
[04:38] | Come the fuck on. | 去他妈的 |
[04:40] | Now, I don’t know the sprawl of this thing, all right? | 我不知道这事铺的有多大 |
[04:42] | The people I’m after, they’re all fucking over. | 我所调查的那些人 都要完了 |
[04:44] | They’re in a lot of different things, | 他们牵涉进了很多事 |
[04:46] | pieces, family trees. | 也牵扯出了很多人 |
[04:49] | The only way for you to understand | 只有让你亲眼看到 |
[04:51] | what I’m on to here is for me to show you. | 你才会明白我在说什么 |
[04:53] | You got to come see what I got. | 你得来看看我查出了什么 |
[04:55] | No. You know what? | 不 |
[04:57] | I don’t think I’ve been very clear with you, Rust. | 你还没搞清楚 拉斯特 |
[05:00] | If you were drowning, | 如果你溺水了 |
[05:02] | I’d throw you a fucking barbell. | 我会扔副杠铃帮你沉下去 |
[05:04] | Why would I ever help you? | 我为什么要帮你 |
[05:14] | Because you have a debt. | 因为你有债要还 |
[05:26] | You got some fucking sack. | 你真是脑子有问题 |
[05:28] | What’s that mean, I have a debt, huh? | 你什么意思 我有什么债要还 |
[05:31] | Means the way shit went down in ’95, | 95年发生的那事 |
[05:34] | this is on you, too, buddy. | 你也有责任 伙计 |
[05:45] | What do you got to show me? | 你有什么要给我看的 |
[07:03] | What you packing? | 你带了什么 |
[07:08] | .38. | 点38手枪 |
[07:11] | Hollow-point? | 空尖弹 |
[07:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:14] | That’d do it. | 够用了 |
[07:25] | You never be too careful. | 小心点总不是坏事 |
[07:44] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:45] | Remember, there was no physical evidence | 记住 没有实物证据 |
[07:48] | connecting Dora Lange to Ledoux’s place out in the woods, | 可以将朵拉·兰和勒杜森林里的小屋联系起来 |
[07:52] | meaning it probably didn’t happen out there. | 说明那里也许不是案发现场 |
[07:54] | Nobody was in a hurry to bring that up. | 从来没人提过这事 |
[07:56] | Two–women and children gone missing, | 第二 女人和小孩失踪了 |
[08:00] | all taken from areas within a 10-mile radius | 全部发生在塔特尔教会思源计划资助的学校 |
[08:03] | of schools that were funded by Tuttle’s Wellspring initiative. | 周围16公里范围之内 |
[08:06] | We establish a connection. | 我们要找到联系 |
[08:08] | Who’s in, who’s out, you know? | 谁有问题 谁是干净的 |
[08:10] | I mean, do people disappear | 州里其他地区失踪人数相近吗 |
[08:11] | in equal numbers in other parts of the state? | 失踪人数相近吗 |
[08:14] | – How many schools were there? – 14. | -一共有多少所学校 -14所 |
[08:17] | Now, I’ve covered a surface area. | 我大体上查过了 |
[08:19] | I pulled runaways in state | 我查了州里离家出走 |
[08:21] | and missing persons, and if you’ll notice, | 和失踪人员清单 你会注意到 |
[08:23] | there’s twice as many along the bayous. | 沿河区域的数字是其他地区的两倍 |
[08:25] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[08:26] | Hell, someone should do a study as to why. | 我们得好好调查一下这为什么 |
[08:29] | Well, now you’re just throwing up stats. | 你现在只是在列数字 |
[08:31] | Why was Tuttle so interested in the Lange case, huh? | 为什么塔特尔会对兰的案子这么感兴趣 |
[08:34] | Remember Charlie Lange said what Ledoux told him? | 还记得查理·兰说的勒杜跟他说过的话吗 |
[08:37] | Said there’s a group of men, sacrifices. | 他说有一群人 他们拿人做祭品 |
[08:40] | Well, I think Tuttle recognized the scene. | 我认为塔特尔认出了那个场景 |
[08:42] | That’s why he came down | 所以他才会那么快就赶来 |
[08:43] | there jiminy quick with a fucking task force, | 还带了个特别小组 |
[08:45] | and that’s why he tripped out when I talked to him in ’02. | 所以我02年和他谈过之后他才会离开 |
[08:48] | OK, so what happened to him? | 那到底发生了什么 |
[08:51] | I mean, I’m looking around here, | 你这里这些东西 |
[08:53] | and I don’t see or hear anything | 没有任何一件可以证明 |
[08:55] | that doesn’t make this all conjectural. | 你不是在妄加猜测 |
[08:59] | 1988. | 1988年 |
[09:01] | Accusations of child molestation | 塔特尔资助的一家幼儿园 |
[09:04] | at a preschool funded by Tuttle. | 被指控有猥亵儿童的行为 |
[09:06] | Name of that school is Shepherd’s Flock. | 那所幼儿园叫牧羊人之家 |
[09:09] | It shuts down, reopens two years later on Pelican Island | 当时被关闭了 两年后在鹈鹕岛重新开张 |
[09:12] | under the name Light of the Way Academy, | 名字叫光明之路学院 |
[09:15] | where Rianne Olivier went. | 莉安·奥利弗就在那里上的学 |
[09:17] | And I got an enrollment list– 16 kids in the class. | 我弄到了登记表 班上有16个孩子 |
[09:20] | One of them turned out to be a young man who’d just showed up | 其中一个后来在新奥尔良 |
[09:23] | for solicitation in New Orleans. | 因为卖淫而受过审 |
[09:31] | Now, this is 2010. | 那是2010年 |
[09:33] | His name is Toby Boelert. | 他叫托比·伯莱尔 |
[09:35] | Goes by the name of Johnny Joanie. | 化名强尼·乔妮 |
[09:47] | Shepherd’s Flock? | 牧羊人之家 |
[09:50] | Why are you asking me about that place? | 你为什么会问这个地方 |
[09:53] | You know, after that place shut down, | 那学校关闭之后 |
[09:54] | there was a lot of talk going around. | 有很多风言风语 |
[09:58] | You ever see that reverend… | 你见过那个牧师吗 |
[10:01] | Billy Lee Tuttle, around? | 比利·李·塔特尔 |
[10:03] | You know, I think so, but who can remember way back? | 应该见过 但是谁记得那么久的事呢 |
[10:07] | That’s how it all started. | 都是这么回事 |
[10:09] | Memory be fucked. | 记性总是先出问题 |
[10:12] | I decided it all had to be a dream anyways, | 我决定把那一切都当做是在做梦 |
[10:15] | and I don’t remember if it… | 我不记得它 |
[10:20] | We’d go to sleep, | 我们晚上会睡觉 |
[10:22] | only sometimes I didn’t feel like I was asleep. | 但是有时我觉得不像是在睡觉 |
[10:25] | I felt like I was still awake, but I must have been asleep | 感觉像是醒着 但是我又一定是在睡觉 |
[10:27] | because I couldn’t move. | 因为我不能动 |
[10:29] | Just…sort of see under my eyelids. | 就像是闭着眼却能看见东西 |
[10:34] | And what? | 然后呢 |
[10:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:38] | There were men… | 有很多人 |
[10:41] | taking pictures. | 在拍照 |
[10:44] | Sometimes… | 有时 |
[10:46] | other things. | 会做其他事 |
[10:48] | Who were they? | 都是些什么人 |
[10:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:51] | They had animal faces. | 都长着动物脸 |
[10:54] | That’s why I decided it had to be a dream. | 所以我才决定把这一切当做是做梦 |
[10:56] | They had animal faces, well, it had to be a dream. | 他们都长着动物脸 那一定是在做梦 |
[11:00] | Any other kids see this? | 有其他小孩见过吗 |
[11:02] | One girl. | 一个小女孩见过 |
[11:05] | I don’t remember her name. | 我不记得她叫什么名字了 |
[11:06] | She first started talking about it. | 是她先说起来的 |
[11:09] | And she seen it, too, the faces. | 她也看到了那些脸 |
[11:12] | I do not remember her name. | 我不记得她叫什么名字了 |
[11:13] | Marie Fontenot? | 玛丽·方特诺特 |
[11:17] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[11:19] | You ever see any of these men’s faces? | 你见过那些人的真容吗 |
[11:21] | Once. | 见过一次 |
[11:22] | They didn’t all have animal faces. | 他们不是每个人都长着动物脸 |
[11:26] | Three younger men. I don’t remember them. | 有三个年轻人 我不记得是谁了 |
[11:30] | Just one. | 其中一个 |
[11:31] | He had bad scars all around his mouth, | 他嘴唇附近全是伤疤 |
[11:34] | like the bottom half got all burned up. | 好像下半张脸全被烧毁了 |
[11:41] | I thought that man, he was a dream, too. | 我把那个人也当做做梦了 |
[11:47] | No, I don’t think he was a dream. | 不 我不认为那是在做梦 |
[11:51] | I don’t understand. | 我糊涂了 |
[11:52] | Are you saying that you think | 你的意思是 |
[11:53] | that this hypothetical killer | 这个假想的杀手 |
[11:56] | was, uh, an old schoolteacher? | 曾经是个学校教师 |
[11:59] | Or it might what, involve State PD? | 或是和州警察部门有关 |
[12:03] | Goddamn. What happened to you, man? | 老天啊 你怎么了 |
[12:06] | Remember him? | 还记得他吗 |
[12:09] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[12:10] | Yeah. You and I were on the case in Erath. | 那是我们在伊拉斯查的案子 |
[12:13] | Girl comes forward and says she was chased through the woods | 有个女孩说她被一个长着绿耳朵的意面怪 |
[12:16] | by a spaghetti monster with green ears. | 追进了树林 |
[12:18] | Now, I think that this is our man | 我觉得那就是 |
[12:21] | with the scars on his face. | 脸上有伤疤的那个男人 |
[12:24] | We got 3 references 17 years ago: that old | 17年前就有三例证明了 |
[12:27] | revival church said a tall man with scars came through, | 复兴教会的人说有个脸上有疤的高个男子来过 |
[12:30] | Kelly Reider in the hospital, | 医院里的凯莉·瑞德 |
[12:32] | and now this hooker from the quarter–Toby. | 还有那个妓男 托比 |
[12:35] | I don’t know who he is, | 我不知道他是谁 |
[12:36] | I don’t know where he is, I don’t know where | 我不知道他在哪里 我不知道这些事的源头 |
[12:37] | this whole thing fucking starts, but it ends with him. | 在哪儿 但是找到他就能解开这一切 |
[12:42] | All right, you know the little township down around Erath? | 你还记得伊拉斯附近的那个小镇吗 |
[12:44] | All right, that’s where the Tuttle family is from. | 塔特尔家就来自那里 |
[12:48] | Now, it used to be a pirate hideout, | 那本来只是个藏匿之所 |
[12:50] | then turned into plantations and whatnot. | 后来变成了农场之类的 |
[12:53] | Had a very rural sense of Mardi Gras, uh, | 那里有乡村风味的狂欢节 |
[12:57] | you know, the men on horses, animals masks, such. | 骑马 动物面具 诸如此类 |
[13:00] | – Courir de Mardi Gras. – That’s right. | -惭悔星期二 -没错 |
[13:02] | Now, they had an annual winter festival. | 他们每年都会有冬至节 |
[13:05] | Went heavy on the Saturnalia, a place where | 在萨特纳里亚尤其盛行 |
[13:07] | that Santeria and Voudon all mash together. | 在那里桑泰里厄教和伏都教融合在一起 |
[13:10] | Have a look. | 看这里 |
[13:12] | From the winter festival. | 从冬至节 |
[13:15] | Blindfold… | 眼罩 |
[13:17] | antlers, mask. | 鹿角 面具 |
[13:21] | I got these from a series an artist did in Kenner, | 这是卡特里娜飓风之后 |
[13:25] | right after Katrina. | 肯纳的一个艺术家的系列创作之一 |
[13:26] | Says he kept running across these “stick things,” | 他说一直看到这些被他称为 |
[13:29] | as he called them. | “棍子搭成的物品”的东西 |
[13:31] | Look familiar? | 眼熟吗 |
[13:34] | Think our man had a real good time after the hurricane– | 看来我们要找的人在飓风之后”快活”了一阵 |
[13:37] | chaos, | 各种混乱 |
[13:38] | people missing, and people gone. | 有人失踪 有人离开 |
[13:41] | Cops gone. | 警察走了 |
[13:43] | I think he had a real good year. | 我觉得他有一个好年景 |
[13:46] | What do you need me for? | 你要我做什么 |
[13:49] | You got friends on the force. | 你在警局有朋友 |
[13:51] | You have access that I don’t, databases. | 你有数据库的访问权而我没有 |
[13:54] | I need case files. | 我需要案卷 |
[13:55] | I need missing persons. I need homicides. | 失踪人口 谋杀案 |
[13:57] | I need title transfers, auto and home. | 汽车和房屋的所有权转让的档案 |
[14:00] | I got a list of names. | 我有一份名单 |
[14:01] | I’m gonna need background checks, tax records, | 我需要他们的背景调查 税务记录 |
[14:03] | anything we can get on Ledoux. | 任何能让我们抓住勒杜的线索 |
[14:05] | Jesus Christ, man. | 天呐 伙计 |
[14:07] | I wouldn’t have called you | 要是州警没有把我扯进查尔斯湖的案子 |
[14:08] | and I wouldn’t have fucking bothered you | 我也不会给你打电话 |
[14:09] | if State wouldn’t have pulled me in on this Lake Charles case. | 我不想打扰你 |
[14:12] | Well, if you need help, | 要是你需要帮忙 |
[14:13] | why don’t you just give it to Papania and Gilbough? | 为什么不把这些给帕帕尼亚和吉尔包 |
[14:16] | No, they may be pawns in this thing and not even fucking know it. | 不 他们只是一枚棋子 自己还没发觉 |
[14:19] | – Come on. – Look, Eddie Tuttle is the goddamn senator of this state. | -得了吧 -埃迪·塔特尔是这个州的参议员 |
[14:23] | The late Reverend Billy Lee Tuttle is his cousin. | 已故的比利·李·塔特尔牧师是他的堂亲 |
[14:26] | I’m telling you, it’s a fucking family thing. | 我跟你说 这就是家族事务 |
[14:28] | That’s what I mean when I talk about the sprawl, Marty! | 我跟你说事情不简单就是这意思 马蒂 |
[14:30] | Eddie Tuttle’s the reason | 埃迪·塔特尔是查尔斯湖的案子 |
[14:31] | that the Lake Charles thing never made the wire. | 一直没法结案的原因所在 |
[14:33] | Look, man, you have some compelling stuff here | 伙计 你这里有强有力的证据 |
[14:36] | and you might have something, | 而且你可能真的有些调查方向 |
[14:38] | but… | 但是… |
[14:41] | all this–this–the “sprawl,” | 所有的这些 你所谓的 |
[14:44] | as you call it, which I would call conjecture, | “麻烦事” 我称之为猜想 |
[14:46] | this shit about the Tuttles, the State PD. | 这个有关塔特尔 州警的破事 |
[14:49] | Do you know how fucking crazy that sounds? | 你知道这听上去多么疯狂 |
[14:54] | It’s like you’ve been alone too long, you know, | 就像你孤单一人太久了 |
[14:56] | like you maybe told yourself this story | 你给自己讲了这个故事 |
[14:59] | and kept drinking until you believed it. | 还不停地喝酒 直到你自己相信了它 |
[15:02] | Marty… | 马蒂… |
[15:07] | I had my time where I wondered if this was all in my head. | 我曾花了很久来确认这些是否只是我的幻想 |
[15:12] | That time passed. | 那都是过去的事了 |
[15:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:21] | What happened to Billy Lee Tuttle? | 比利·李·塔特尔怎么了 |
[15:27] | There’s something you’re gonna have to look at. | 这有些东西你得看看 |
[15:31] | No other way around it. | 不看的话你是理解不了的 |
[15:38] | You still take your coffee black? | 你还喝清咖吗 |
[15:41] | Oh, uh, green tea, if you have it. | 绿茶 要是你有的话 |
[15:43] | I’ve been trying to stay away from coffee, | 我一直在努力戒咖啡 |
[15:45] | you know, a little bit healthier. | 稍微健康一点 |
[15:47] | So, Mace–is she, uh, back from Chicago yet? | 那梅斯从芝加哥回来了吗 |
[15:51] | Mm-hmm, 3 months ago. | 嗯 三个月前回的 |
[15:53] | 3 months. | 三个月 |
[15:55] | Uh…and what was it, that– | 那是什么 那个… |
[15:58] | Americorps. | 美利坚志愿团 |
[16:00] | Teaching. | 就是教书 |
[16:02] | And Audrey, how–how’s she? | 奥德丽 她怎么样了 |
[16:04] | She’s fine, at the moment. | 她现在很好 |
[16:07] | She sometimes decides she doesn’t need her meds. | 她有时会自己决定不吃药 |
[16:11] | I like her boyfriend. | 我喜欢她男朋友 |
[16:12] | He watches out for her. | 他很小心地照顾着她 |
[16:14] | She had an art show in New Orleans, | 她在新奥尔良开了场艺术展 |
[16:17] | sold some paintings. | 卖了几幅画 |
[16:19] | Oh, that’s good. That’s great. | 不错啊 那很好 |
[16:20] | I should buy one, | 我也该买一幅 |
[16:23] | I mean, if I can afford it. | 如果我买得起的话 |
[16:29] | So the reason I, uh… | 我来这是因为… |
[16:32] | I mean, like I said on the phone, I… | 就像我在电话里说的 |
[16:35] | I want to ask you about those cops. | 我想问你几个关于那些警察的问题 |
[16:39] | They just wanted to know about you and Rust. | 他们只是想知道你和拉斯特的事 |
[16:41] | Mostly Rust. | 主要是拉斯特 |
[16:43] | They wanted to know about | 他们想知道 |
[16:45] | the fight in ’02. | 你们02年那场架 |
[16:51] | Mmm, did you tell them? | 你告诉他们了吗 |
[16:53] | No… | 没有 |
[16:55] | but they think Rust did something. | 但他们觉得拉斯特做了什么 |
[16:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:59] | He didn’t. | 他没有 |
[17:00] | I didn’t think he did. | 我也觉得他没有 |
[17:08] | Have you… talked to him? | 你跟他…谈过吗 |
[17:13] | No, not since. | 没 那之后就没有 |
[17:16] | Have you? | 你呢 |
[17:18] | Yeah, I mean, after they brought me in. | 谈过 在他们把我带去问话之后 |
[17:21] | Yeah. | 我们谈过 |
[17:23] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[17:24] | Different, same. | 变了 又没变 |
[17:26] | I mean, he’s lived rough for a long time now. | 他很久以来日子都不好过 |
[17:32] | He always did, it seemed like. | 他好像一直是这样 |
[17:35] | Taken a toll. | 这事对他影响很大 |
[17:39] | He needs my help. | 他需要我的帮助 |
[17:42] | Are you gonna help him? | 你会帮他吗 |
[17:47] | Yes. | 会 |
[17:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:52] | I have to. | 我必须帮 |
[17:54] | Well, what is it? What do the police think he did? | 是怎么回事 警察觉得他干了什么 |
[17:57] | I can’t talk about that. It’s PI stuff. | 我不能说 这是私家侦探的规定 |
[17:59] | He’s hiring the firm, I’m hiring him. | 他雇了我的事务所 我雇了他 |
[18:03] | All this time, you two, | 一直以来 你们俩 |
[18:05] | and just– just like that? | 就这样而已了吗 |
[18:10] | Oh, I took some convincing. | 我被他说服了 |
[18:15] | I looked in Billy’s eyes. | 我看着比利的眼睛 |
[18:18] | He looked in mine. | 他也看着我的眼睛 |
[18:20] | He got me suspended. | 他停了我的职 |
[18:24] | Now, Billy Lee Tuttle owns 3 houses in Louisiana. | 比利·李·塔特尔现在在路易斯安那州有三栋房子 |
[18:28] | One in Shreveport, one in Baton Rouge, | 一栋在薛夫波特 一栋在巴吞鲁日 |
[18:30] | one in New Orleans. | 还有一栋在新奥尔良 |
[18:32] | Also one in Florida. | 弗罗里达州还有一栋 |
[18:34] | I waited till he went on his spring ministry tour, 2010– | 我一直等到他们部门去春游 10年… |
[18:38] | Look, Rust, I changed my mind. | 听着 拉斯特 我改主意了 |
[18:40] | If you did something, I don’t want to hear about it. | 我不想听你都干了什么 |
[18:43] | Remember I told you about my stint in robbery? | 还记得我说过我抢劫的事吗 |
[18:47] | I make a pretty ace B&E man. | 我可是撬锁溜门的好手 |
[18:51] | Now, I staked his places out for weeks. | 我观察了他的房子好几周 |
[18:54] | Checked surveillance, map security. | 弄清摄像头位置和保安的巡逻规律 |
[18:56] | I found ingresses. | 我找到了切入口 |
[18:58] | Now, here I am, you know. | 你再看我 |
[18:59] | My whole life is just one expanding, circular fuck-up | 我的人生就是不断扩大的一塌糊涂 |
[19:02] | and I think it’s about to close out | 我觉得犯下非法入室罪 |
[19:04] | with me getting clipped in a home invasion. | 日子也就到头了 |
[19:06] | I mean, what I’m saying is | 我是说 |
[19:08] | I was aware that I might have lost my mind. | 我知道自己可能疯了 |
[19:23] | But after the second home… | 但搜完他第二处住宅后 |
[19:27] | doubt got taken behind the woodshed and put down. | 这种疑虑消失了 |
[19:34] | Notice he never reported the Baton Rouge break-in, | 因为他并没有报案说巴吞鲁日的房子被盗 |
[19:37] | just the Shreveport house. | 只说了薛夫波特的房子 |
[19:40] | Found those in the safe there. | 在那里的保险箱里找到了那些 |
[19:42] | Paper stock’s over 15 years old. | 那些纸已经保存了15年以上了 |
[19:46] | Goddamn it. | 见鬼 |
[19:47] | These… they aren’t as bad | 还有这些 要是不搞清楚 |
[19:50] | if you don’t know what you’re looking at. | 你根本意识不到他们的邪恶 |
[19:57] | Motherfuck. | 他妈的 |
[20:06] | And… | 还有 |
[20:10] | there’s a videotape. | 有一卷录像带 |
[20:28] | Take a look. | 看看吧 |
[21:43] | No! | 不 |
[21:45] | God! | 天哪 |
[21:48] | Jesus! | 上帝啊 |
[21:52] | Fuck! | 操 |
[22:00] | Fuck! | 操 |
[22:04] | You watch all of that? | 你全看完了 |
[22:06] | Yeah. | 是 |
[22:09] | Yeah, I had to, see if any of the men took off their mask. | 我得看有没有人摘下过面具 |
[22:12] | None did. | 没人摘过 |
[22:15] | Oh, fuck. | 操 |
[22:17] | I won’t avert my eyes. | 我不会移开视线 |
[22:20] | Not again. | 这次不会 |
[22:23] | Jesus Christ. | 天哪 |
[22:29] | That little girl is Marie Fontenot. | 那个小姑娘是玛丽·方特诺特 |
[22:35] | Did you kill Tuttle? | 是你杀了塔特尔吗 |
[22:37] | No. | 不是 |
[22:38] | I assume that | 我猜 |
[22:40] | he was thinking he was gonna be blackmailed. | 他觉得自己会被勒索 |
[22:43] | And I think some people took him out after they found out | 而有人发现发现 在他来的及转移前 |
[22:46] | what was taken from the safe, before he had a chance to. | 保险箱里东西不见了 就杀了他 |
[22:52] | What…can I do to help? | 我该怎么帮你 |
[22:57] | We start by pulling everything there is on Dora Lange. | 我们从所有跟朵拉·兰有关的东西开始查 |
[23:01] | And I got names, | 我弄了一个名单 |
[23:03] | I got family members, Tuttle connections. | 名单上是她家人以及塔特尔的教友 |
[23:05] | Any information that we can get | 我们还需要所有跟 |
[23:08] | on Reggie or Dewall Ledoux. | 雷吉或者德沃尔·勒杜有关的信息 |
[23:11] | All right, we can coordinate out of your offices | 我们可以在你公司外面碰头 |
[23:14] | if you want. | 如果你乐意 |
[23:23] | You shouldn’t have that. | 你无权保管那个 |
[23:29] | Nobody should have this. | 没人有权保管 |
[23:39] | I’m glad that you’re doing good, Maggie. | 你一切都好我跟高兴 玛姬 |
[23:44] | It seems like everybody’s happy, you know. | 好像所有人都很幸福 |
[23:46] | It’s…ahem. It’s good to see. | 挺 咳 挺好的 |
[23:51] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[23:53] | for everything. | 你做的一切 |
[23:57] | I haven’t seen you in over two years, Marty. | 我两年多没见过你了 马蒂 |
[24:03] | Did you come here to say good-bye? | 你是来说再见的吗 |
[24:09] | Thank you, Maggie. | 谢谢你 玛姬 |
[24:11] | I mean that. | 真心的 |
[24:41] | There’s not gonna be a bunch of people | 不会有太多人 |
[24:41] | coming in and out of this place, is there? | 进出这里 对吧 |
[24:45] | What do you think, Rust? | 你觉得呢 拉斯特 |
[24:51] | Practical terms, we’re doing an identify and locate. | 实际上我们要做的就是确认身份和定位 |
[24:54] | Now, I can’t afford to subscribe to all | 我现在已经订不起 |
[24:56] | the databases that I used to, | 以前用的那些数据库了 |
[24:58] | but I got Auto Track XP | 不过我还有能查机动车记录的 |
[25:01] | for motor vehicle records. | XP版自动追踪 |
[25:03] | I got Flat Rate Info | 我还有QI国家人口检索的 |
[25:05] | for the QI National People Locator, | 所有平价信息 |
[25:09] | public records, of course. | 当然都是公开的信息 |
[25:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:12] | That sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[25:20] | How you been? Ahem. | 你这些年过的怎么样 |
[25:22] | You know, besides work, | 除了工作之外 |
[25:24] | what do you do? | 你都做些什么 |
[25:27] | I’m sorry, I just– I don’t ever remember you asking me | 不好意思 你以前好像从来没有 |
[25:30] | a personal question before. | 问过我私人问题 |
[25:33] | Uh…you know, | 你也知道的 |
[25:36] | I just stay busy, uh, | 就是让自己一直有点事做 |
[25:39] | fish, girlfriends. | 钓钓鱼 交交女朋友 |
[25:42] | You seeing anybody? | 你现在有交往对象吗 |
[25:44] | Not really. Some dates. | 不算吧 就约会过几次 |
[25:47] | You know, it’s all pretty casual. | 都比较随意 |
[25:52] | I did have something going for a while, | 不过我确实有过一段比较久的关系 |
[25:54] | this Filipino girl, but that didn’t pan out. | 跟一个菲律宾女孩儿 虽然没有结果 |
[26:02] | Quiet life. I don’t stay out late. I just–I go home. | 生活平静 不在外面鬼混 每天回家 |
[26:21] | You? | 你呢 |
[26:22] | Ah, I’m about the same. | 我跟你差不多 |
[26:24] | No girlfriend. | 没有女朋友 |
[26:25] | Just go to work, go home. | 就是上班下班 |
[26:51] | How about that girl you were seeing in ’02? | 那个02年时跟你交往的女孩怎么样了 |
[26:53] | What ever happened with her? | 跟她发展的怎么样 |
[26:55] | Yeah, that was never gonna last. | 没交往太长时间 |
[26:57] | Never should have started. | 就不应该开始 |
[27:00] | Yeah. Boy. | 没错 老天 |
[27:02] | She, uh, she had problems. | 她 有点问题 |
[27:04] | Oh, you always liked them crazy. | 你不就喜欢疯狂的女人嘛 |
[27:08] | Yeah, that I did. | 对 我确实喜欢 |
[27:09] | Why’d you quit, Marty? | 你为什么辞职 马蒂 |
[27:13] | Yeah, you could have been boss, you know. | 不辞的话你肯定早升官了 |
[27:16] | LT, at least, Captain. | 至少是警督 或是警监 |
[27:19] | I did another 4 years after you left, and I– | 在你离开后我又干了四年 然后我 |
[27:23] | I guess the job just kind of ran its course with me. | 可能这工作对我来说太顺其自然了 |
[27:27] | How is that? | 怎么说 |
[27:29] | I was gonna play baseball, ride bulls. | 我以前还想去打棒球 去骑公牛 |
[27:33] | You know, you end up becoming | 结果就干上了一份 |
[27:34] | something you never intended. | 从未想过的职业 |
[27:37] | Uh, I guess you never really even know why. | 我猜根本没人能弄明白原因 |
[27:44] | I suppose I could have been a painter, | 我说不定还能成为画家 |
[27:47] | you know, a historian. | 专画历史事件的 |
[27:49] | Old scenes, new details. | 旧场景 新细节 |
[27:52] | Yeah, yeah. You do much painting? | 是啊 你经常画画吗 |
[27:55] | Nah. | 不画 |
[27:56] | Little late in the game to start something like that, I reckon. | 我猜现在再开始已经太晚了 |
[27:59] | Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. | 这一辈子连做好一件事都来不及 |
[28:03] | If that long. | 如果活的够长 |
[28:05] | Yeah, so be careful what you get good at. | 是啊 所以得认真选择要做好的事 |
[28:14] | What do you call a black man who flies a plane? | 对开飞机的黑人该叫什么 |
[28:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:18] | Pilot, you racist bastard. | 飞行员 你这个种族歧视的混蛋 |
[28:20] | What else would you call him? | 你还想怎么叫他 |
[28:24] | Well, speaking of, you know, I been taking some writing courses? | 说到这 我上了几门写作课 |
[28:27] | And, uh–no. | 说真的 |
[28:30] | I have, and I been tinkering around | 我上过 一直时不时地 |
[28:33] | with this thing off and on. | 在修改这份稿子 |
[28:35] | True crime. | 真实案件 |
[28:37] | And that’s the genre, not the title. | 那只是体裁 不是标题 |
[28:39] | – You serious? – Yeah. | -你是认真的 -当然 |
[28:41] | You know, what happened in ’95 and some other old cases, | 关于95年还有其他旧案子的 |
[28:44] | and all I need from you, Bobby, | 而我需要帮忙 博比 |
[28:47] | is some old copies of case files. | 给我一些以前案件资料的复件 |
[28:53] | You still like your single malt, don’t you? | 你还爱喝单一麦芽威士忌 对吧 |
[28:58] | Ah, I guess I do. | 对 没错 |
[29:03] | Oh, business gotten so bad | 生意现在这么难做吗 |
[29:04] | you got to become a writer? | 你都被逼当作家了 |
[29:06] | Nope, I’ve always wanted to do it. | 不 我一直想写书来着 |
[29:07] | I just never had the time. | 只是以前太忙了 |
[29:09] | And regards the files, I’d like to avoid Fuck and Suck, | 说到资料 我可不想碰到傻逼和挫逼 |
[29:12] | the two dicks I spent last Saturday with. | 就上周六我碰到的那两人 |
[29:16] | Papania and Gilbough. | 帕帕尼亚和吉尔包 |
[29:18] | I hear ya. | 知道了 |
[29:20] | ‘Course, man. Whatever you need. | 没问题 伙计 如你所愿 |
[29:25] | Appreciate it, Bobby. | 谢谢你 博比 |
[29:26] | Not a problem. | 不用谢 |
[29:29] | Missing persons, mostly. | 很可能是失踪人口 |
[29:30] | Maybe far back as the eighties. | 也许早在八十年代 |
[29:33] | Well, anything before ’05 that never | 在05年之前的案子卷宗 |
[29:35] | became part of an official investigation, | 从不会被官方调查 |
[29:38] | it isn’t gonna be in the computers. | 肯定不会录入计算机中的 |
[29:40] | You’re gonna have to sort through the files. | 你得翻文件了 |
[29:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:24] | Found something, background. | 找到了点背景线索 |
[30:26] | Dewall Ledoux transferred title | 德沃尔·勒杜把一辆卡车的所有权 |
[30:28] | on a truck to a Jimmy Ledoux. | 转给一个叫吉米·勒杜的人了 |
[30:30] | Appears like that might be a cousin. | 他俩看起来是表亲 |
[30:32] | I found him in White Castle. | 我在白色城堡找到了他 |
[30:35] | Owns an auto shop. | 他开了一家汽车修理店 |
[30:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:40] | Did you pull that Marie Fontenot file? | 你找到玛丽·方特诺特的案宗了吗 |
[30:43] | There wasn’t one. | 没有 |
[30:45] | Report’s gone. Backtracking that. | 文件不见了 正在顺线索调查 |
[30:55] | Marty, this is Robert Doumain. | 马蒂 这位是罗伯特·杜曼 |
[30:57] | He owns the place. | 这家店是他的 |
[30:59] | Hey, how’s it going? | 生意怎么样 |
[31:01] | Nice spot. | 位置不错 |
[31:04] | He’s not a cop no more, Robert. | 他不是警察了 罗伯特 |
[31:07] | You got something against cops? | 你有什么讨厌警察的原因吗 |
[31:10] | Bob had a little boy. | 鲍勃有个孩子 |
[31:12] | Been missing since ’85. | 85年失踪 |
[31:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:21] | Jimmy Ledoux came up spotless– | 吉米·勒杜生活的挺不错 |
[31:24] | 3 kids, wife’s a teacher. | 有三个孩子 妻子是老师 |
[31:27] | He coaches his boys’ pee-wee football team. | 他是他儿子所在少年橄榄球队的教练 |
[31:32] | Any relation? | 有什么联系吗 |
[31:34] | So many Ledouxs around, I never had to worry about a connection. | 姓勒杜的人这么多 找点联系实在不难 |
[31:37] | But, yeah, my dad’s second cousin or something. | 当然 是我父亲的远房堂兄弟之类的 |
[31:40] | My pops didn’t like them none. | 我爸对他们一点都不感冒 |
[31:42] | Said they weren’t white enough to be white trash. | 他说他们还没白到可以自称白废物 |
[31:46] | What’s this about, exactly? | 这到底是什么事 |
[31:48] | Man asked us to locate his daughter. | 有人让我们找到他女儿 |
[31:50] | It was a long time ago, | 是很久以前的事了 |
[31:51] | but it looks like she might have known Dewall. | 但看起来她或许认识德沃尔 |
[31:53] | Sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉听到这个消息 |
[31:55] | Must know what happened to them. | 必须搞清楚他们发生了什么事 |
[31:57] | Sick shits. | 那帮臭傻逼 |
[31:59] | Pop said they died too quick. | 爸爸说他们死的太早了 |
[32:01] | Is there anything you | 你知不知道什么关于这些人的事 |
[32:02] | remember that you can tell us about these guys? | 可以告诉我们的 |
[32:05] | Just they were nuts. Looked at you funky. | 他们就是疯子 看人的眼神都透着疯狂 |
[32:09] | Reggie was always asking about the girls in my school, | 雷金经常问起我学校里的女孩子 |
[32:12] | and couple times I saw Dewall, | 有几次我见到德沃尔的时候 |
[32:14] | he just said kooky stuff. | 他都满嘴胡话 |
[32:17] | Any chance you ever saw a third man with them, | 你有没有看见过 |
[32:20] | a man who had a bunch of scars | 一个脸下方有大量伤疤的人 |
[32:22] | on the bottom of his face? | 和他们在一起 |
[32:29] | It’s weird you say that. | 你这么一说确实 |
[32:31] | I remember that face. | 我记得那张脸 |
[32:35] | My pop let them use our deer camp once. | 我爸爸有次让他们用我们的猎鹿营地 |
[32:37] | Took me with him. I was, like, 11. | 也带我一起去了 我那时大概11岁 |
[32:39] | They were maybe 10 years older than me. | 他们比我大十岁左右 |
[32:41] | They introduced us to the guy. | 他们把我介绍给了那个人 |
[32:44] | His face, underneath his nose and cheeks, | 他的脸上 鼻子和脸颊下面 |
[32:47] | scarred. | 布满了伤疤 |
[32:49] | Gave me funny looks all night. | 整晚都在做奇怪的表情 |
[32:52] | Every time I glanced at him, staring at me. | 每次我瞥到他 他都在盯着我 |
[32:56] | Any chance this man with the scars was another Ledoux? | 有没有可能这个人也勒杜家的 |
[33:00] | No. I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 不 我不知道 我觉得不是 |
[33:04] | Next morning, men were too hung-over to hunt. | 第二天早上 他们宿醉未醒没法打猎 |
[33:06] | Pop and I went home. | 我和爸爸回了家 |
[33:08] | You, uh, ever see him again, guy with the scars? | 你之后还有见过那个有伤疤的人吗 |
[33:13] | Never again. | 再也没有 |
[33:15] | I’d remember. | 见过我会记得的 |
[33:31] | Fuck, I don’t like this place. | 操 我不喜欢这个地方 |
[33:35] | Nothing grows in the right direction. | 所有东西生长的方向都不对 |
[33:39] | Where’d this woman come from? | 这个女人是怎么查到的 |
[33:43] | Tax records. | 税务记录 |
[33:44] | Drew a paycheck from Tuttle’s father. | 从塔特尔的爸爸那儿领取薪水 |
[33:48] | Uh, some kind of domestic. | 佣人那类的性质 |
[33:53] | How’d you find her? | 你怎么找到她的 |
[33:54] | Well, had to get federal income tax records from ’40 to ’59. | 我找到了40年到59年间的联邦所得税记录 |
[34:00] | I matched Social with a credit check run | 发现社保号和90年代末 |
[34:03] | in the late nineties | 一次信用核查相匹配 |
[34:05] | for Section-8 housing in Alexandria. | 当时是为了在亚历山大第八区租房 |
[34:09] | Good job. | 做的好 |
[34:10] | Look at you. Heh! | 看看你 |
[34:13] | High praise from a bartender. | 一个酒保给了我好高的赞扬 |
[34:22] | Cops. | 条子 |
[34:31] | She gets tired easy, | 她很容易累 |
[34:33] | ‘specially hot as it is. | 特别是像现在这么热 |
[34:35] | Now, I don’t understand what this is about. | 我不知道你们要干什么 |
[34:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:39] | We’re private investigators, hired to do, uh, | 我们是私家侦探 受人雇佣前来 |
[34:42] | ancestral research. | 调查祖上的信息 |
[34:44] | M-mineral rights along the coast. | 沿海的矿权问题 |
[34:49] | I never knew them Tuttle people, but I heard stories. | 我从来没见过塔特尔家的人 但我听过传言 |
[34:52] | No, thank you. | 算了吧 谢谢 |
[34:54] | You think she might get some money out this? | 你觉得她可能从中赚到点钱吗 |
[34:56] | Uh, quite possible. | 很有可能 |
[34:58] | Depends on what we find out. | 取决于我们能查出些什么 |
[35:04] | Miss Delores? | 德洛丽丝女士 |
[35:07] | You worked for Mr. Sam Tuttle 19 years, right? | 你给山姆·塔特尔先生工作了19年 对吗 |
[35:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:12] | Erath. | 在伊拉斯 |
[35:16] | Then Shreveport. | 然后是薛夫波特 |
[35:18] | So you knew his son, Billy Lee, right? | 那你认识他的儿子 比利·李 对吗 |
[35:22] | A cousin, Eddie? | 他的堂兄 埃迪 |
[35:24] | Little boys, mm-hmm. I remember. | 小男孩们 我记得 |
[35:27] | What about extended family? | 远亲呢 |
[35:29] | Cousins, you know, that might have been close to the boys? | 有没有堂兄之类的 跟男孩们比较熟的 |
[35:33] | Those days, families were bigger. | 那时候的家族比现在庞大的多 |
[35:36] | Oh, all sorts of brothers, cousins, kids just running around. | 哥哥弟弟表亲堂亲 孩子们到处乱跑 |
[35:41] | Did, uh, Sam Tuttle have | 山姆·塔特尔 |
[35:43] | kids outside his marriage that you know about? | 有没有什么私生子 |
[35:45] | Hmm! Don’t you know it. | 你该知道的 |
[35:50] | Now, people kept their own back then. | 现如今 人们独享自己的东西 |
[35:53] | I mean, a man’s house was his own. | 男人的房子就是他自己的 |
[35:58] | Mr. Sam? | 山姆先生呢 |
[36:00] | He had lots of children. | 他有很多孩子 |
[36:02] | All types. | 性格迥异 |
[36:05] | He didn’t like a woman– | 他没对任何女人动过心 |
[36:11] | See, once she had it done to her, | 一旦女人和他发生了关系 |
[36:14] | he didn’t like them but that one time. | 春宵一刻后 他就拔屌无情 |
[36:17] | Not after that. | 绝不动心 |
[36:19] | Hmm, and out of all these kids running around, | 在所有这些东奔西跑的孩子们中 |
[36:23] | you remember one that maybe had scars | 有没有个孩子 |
[36:26] | all across the bottom of his face? | 脸下边可能有道疤 |
[36:29] | I–I think that was Mr. Sam’s grandchild. | 那是山姆先生的孙子吧 |
[36:33] | His daddy did that to him, that poor boy. | 那是他爸爸弄的 可怜的孩子 |
[36:37] | I — I think that child was a — a Childress | 我觉得那孩子是柴尔德里斯家的人 |
[36:41] | or what, Fi, he was a LeBeau or a Childress? | 菲 他是勒布家的还是柴尔德里斯家的 |
[36:44] | From Mr. Sam’s other family? | 山姆先生其他家人的孩子吗 |
[36:49] | I shouldn’t be talking to you about this. | 我不该和你说这个的 |
[36:53] | That’s OK. | 没关系的 |
[36:56] | Miss Delores. | 徳洛丽斯小姐 |
[36:58] | Could you have a look at something for me? One thing. | 能帮我确认件事吗 一件事 |
[37:01] | Just have a look. See if you recognize it. | 一眼就行 看您能不能认出来 |
[37:13] | You know Carcosa? | 你知道卡寇莎 |
[37:16] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[37:22] | Him who eats time. | 他会吞噬时间 |
[37:29] | Him robes… | 他的长袍 |
[37:32] | it’s a wind of invisible voices. | 像一阵风 只闻其声不见其人 |
[37:36] | Mineral rights, my ass. What you all doing? | 什么矿权 你们到底在干嘛 |
[37:38] | Rejoice. | 庆祝 |
[37:40] | Death is not the end. | 死亡不是尽头 |
[37:42] | – Rejoice. – You need to leave, now. | -庆祝 -你们得离开了 立刻 |
[37:43] | – Death is not the end. – You need to leave. | -死亡不是尽头 -你们得离开了 |
[37:47] | You know Carcosa? | 你知道卡寇莎 |
[37:50] | You rejoice. | 庆祝 |
[37:51] | Carcosa. | 卡寇莎 |
[38:22] | Rest of the family, they don’t really talk to Aunt D. | 家里其余的人都不太和徳洛丽斯阿姨说话 |
[38:25] | She crazy. | 她疯了 |
[38:27] | Dementia. | 痴呆 |
[38:29] | She never had any kind of good life, | 她从没过过好日子 |
[38:30] | but most days, she can’t even make sense. | 大部分时候 她都意识混乱 |
[38:32] | Yeah? She sure made sense to me. | 是吗 我觉得她的意思很清楚 |
[38:36] | That should worry you, mister. | 那你就该担忧自己了 先生 |
[38:49] | Sure hope that old lady was wrong. | 真希望那个老太太是错的 |
[38:51] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[38:52] | About death not being the end of it. | 死亡并不是尽头 |
[39:04] | Did some backtracking on the Marie Fontenot stuff. | 我又调查了下玛丽·方特诺特 |
[39:07] | Got some old sheets. | 找到了几份以前的文件 |
[39:08] | Sheriff signed off on the “Report made in error,” | 治安官签了”错报” |
[39:12] | but he didn’t take the original complaint on her. | 但他并没有投诉她 |
[39:15] | Deputy did. | 代理治安官投诉的 |
[39:18] | Got a name? | 你知道是谁吗 |
[39:21] | You ain’t gonna believe this shit. | 你肯定无法相信 |
[39:23] | Steve Geraci. | 史蒂夫·杰瑞西 |
[39:26] | So I did some double-checking. | 所以我复核了一次 |
[39:27] | Before CID, | 当刑事调查员以前 |
[39:29] | he was with Vermillion Parish Sheriff’s. | 他在梵米伦教区当治安官 |
[39:31] | Erath was his beat. | 伊拉斯是他的辖区 |
[39:34] | If it got covered up, | 既然有人盖住了这件事 |
[39:35] | Steve might know something. | 那史蒂夫可能知道些什么 |
[39:37] | Didn’t say a fucking word when we asked about it in ’95. | 我们95年问他的时候却什么都没说 |
[39:41] | I never did like that cocksucker. | 我一直都不喜欢那个混蛋 |
[39:45] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪 |
[39:46] | Well, uh, this is the thing. | 问题就在这里 |
[39:50] | He’s from Iberia originally. | 他来自伊比利亚 |
[39:53] | After CID, he went home. | 不当刑事调查员以后 他就回家了 |
[39:55] | He’s Sheriff of Iberia Parish. | 他现在是伊比利亚教区的治安官 |
[39:58] | Shit. | 操 |
[40:00] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:01] | Rust, the only person can arrest the sheriff | 拉斯特 在这个州 |
[40:04] | in this state is the governor. | 能逮捕治安官的人 只有州长 |
[40:05] | Well, we ain’t looking to arrest him, Marty, | 我们不是要去逮捕他 马蒂 |
[40:09] | just have a little chat. | 只是找他谈谈话 |
[40:11] | Well, he ain’t gonna talk with you. | 他才不会来跟你谈话 |
[40:13] | I got a car battery and two jumper cables argue different. | 我车里的电池和两跟跨接电缆可不这么认为 |
[40:16] | Don’t even start with that shit. | 你最好别有那种想法 |
[40:18] | What do you recommend, Marty? | 那你有什么建议吗 马蒂 |
[40:21] | Well, fuck, why don’t you talk to him? | 操 你为什么不去跟他谈谈 |
[40:23] | You two always liked each other. | 你们俩不是一直看对方很对眼 |
[40:25] | Well, what can I say? I’m a people person. | 我只是比较会交际 |
[40:28] | Well, start with that, then. | 那就跟他交际交际 |
[40:35] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[40:37] | Just try to relax. Take your time. | 放松一点 慢慢来 |
[40:43] | There you go. | 进了 |
[40:44] | OK. Nice shot. | 好球 |
[40:46] | What was that, 15 on the green? | 这距果岭有15码吗 |
[40:49] | Ha ha ha! I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:56] | Hey, you know, on the phone, | 之前在电话里 |
[40:57] | you were saying something about that Fontenot girl. | 你提到过一个叫方特诺特的姑娘 |
[40:59] | – Yeah. – Why’s that on your radar? | -是啊 -你怎么会注意那个 |
[41:02] | Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just, uh, | 没什么 只是… |
[41:05] | extended family wants a locate. | 有个她的远房亲戚想知道她在哪儿 |
[41:09] | I didn’t remember at the time. | 我当时没去记 |
[41:11] | Back in ’95, | 95年的时候 |
[41:13] | I was hitting the bottle a lot back then. | 我酗酒酗的很厉害 |
[41:15] | Yeah, who wasn’t? | 谁不是呢 |
[41:17] | 20 years ago, you know. | 已经20年了 |
[41:21] | My recall, | 我印象中 |
[41:23] | girl’s mom was single, | 孩子他妈还是单身 |
[41:26] | drug charges. | 被控吸毒 |
[41:32] | Little girl went to live with her birth daddy, I think. | 小女孩跑去跟生父一起过 |
[41:37] | That is, if I’m remembering right. | 如果我没记错的话 就是这样 |
[41:40] | Uh, Mama didn’t make a fuss after | 第一次收到通知的时候 |
[41:42] | the first notice, so she was fine with it. | 妈妈没有大惊小怪 坦然接受了 |
[41:49] | And you talked to the family directly back then? | 你有直接和那家人谈过吗 |
[41:53] | No. Ted Childress, | 没有 泰德·柴尔德里斯去的 |
[41:55] | the sheriff. He knew them. | 他是治安官 他认识他们 |
[41:58] | Childress? | 柴尔德里斯 |
[42:01] | Now watch this. | 看好了 |
[42:07] | You like that? | 喜欢吗 |
[42:09] | Seized it off a good old boy, had a quarter-bag of weed. | 一个南方佬那儿缴来的 他私藏大麻 |
[42:12] | Ooh. You got to love this country. | 你会爱死这国家的 |
[42:16] | Good to see you again, man. | 很高兴再见到你 伙计 |
[42:18] | Good to see you. | 我也一样 |
[42:22] | Hey, uh, | 对了 |
[42:23] | that client you got, | 你的那个客户 |
[42:25] | asking about the Fontenot girl. | 在打听方特诺特女孩的那个 |
[42:28] | You let them know I’ll be happy to talk to them. | 你转告他们 我很乐意和他们聊聊 |
[42:31] | Oh, yeah, distant relatives. | 是的 远房亲戚 |
[42:33] | St. Louis. Trying to settle a tiny inheritance. | 圣路易斯的 有点遗产问题要解决而已 |
[42:36] | Don’t worry about it. | 没什么大不了的 |
[42:39] | Ok. | 好的 |
[42:40] | Well, they want to talk, you let them know. | 他们想谈谈的话 就告诉他们 |
[42:43] | Yeah. Don’t go too fast, Sheriff. | 没问题 慢点开 治安官 |
[42:46] | Not me. | 那当然 |
[42:48] | Let’s do it again some time. | 啥时候再一起玩 |
[42:49] | Yeah, I like that. | 好啊 非常乐意 |
[43:04] | Better get those jumper cables ready. | 你最好还是把跨接电缆准备好吧 |
[43:07] | The motherfucker’s lying. | 那狗娘养的在说谎 |
[43:52] | Rust. | 拉斯特 |
[43:56] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[43:57] | Bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[44:05] | I talked to Marty. | 我和马蒂谈过了 |
[44:08] | I hear you talked to the cops, too. | 我听说你也和警察谈过了 |
[44:10] | Yes, them, too. | 的确还有他们 |
[44:13] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[44:15] | What’d Marty tell you? | 马蒂和你说了什么 |
[44:17] | He wanted to know what the police asked me about. | 他想知道 警察问了我什么 |
[44:19] | He said he was helping you with something. That’s it. | 他说他在帮你 就这么多 |
[44:25] | How long you been back? | 你回来多久了 |
[44:26] | Hear you got a big house. | 听说你买了间大房子 |
[44:29] | Marty says the girls are doing fine. | 马蒂说 女儿们都过的挺好 |
[44:32] | That’s good. | 那样很好 |
[44:34] | Rust, | 拉斯特 |
[44:36] | just tell me it’s something that’s not gonna get him hurt. | 告诉我 你们在做的事不会让他受到伤害 |
[44:40] | Well, I can’t tell you that. | 我没法给你这种保证 |
[44:45] | It never sat right with me, | 安全从来和我无缘 |
[44:48] | and it doesn’t now, you asking me to lie to you about him. | 现在也是一样 你如果非要叫我那么说的话 我也只能对你说谎 |
[44:54] | Now, get on out of here. | 现在 快出去吧 |
[44:55] | You’re classing the place up. | 这种破地方配不上你 |
[45:05] | Why’d you quit, Marty? | 你为什么辞职 马蒂 |
[45:08] | What’s the real reason? What happened? | 真正原因是什么 发生了什么 |
[45:11] | You tell me why you come back, for real. | 你不妨告诉我你回来的真正原因 |
[45:14] | Mmm, you first. | 你先说 |
[45:17] | Why’d you quit? | 你为什么辞职 |
[45:20] | Well, I saw something. | 我看到些事 |
[45:24] | Baby. | 婴儿 |
[45:28] | Tweaker tried to dry the kid in a microwave. | 一个混蛋想把孩子放进微波炉里烤干 |
[45:42] | Saw that, what he’d done, and I thought… | 看到他干的事 我就想 |
[45:48] | never again. | 再也不要了 |
[45:51] | I thought I–I never want to look | 我想 我再也不想看到 |
[45:54] | at anything like that anymore. | 那幅画面了 |
[46:03] | Your turn. | 该你了 |
[46:06] | Why’d you, uh, why’d you come back? | 你到底回来干嘛 |
[46:15] | This. | 就是这个 |
[46:18] | Something I had to see to… | 在你能做其他事之前 |
[46:21] | Before getting on with something else. | 必须先解决某些事 |
[46:31] | My life’s been a circle | 我的生活就是 |
[46:33] | of violence and degradation | 暴力和堕落的循环 |
[46:36] | long as I can remember. | 从我记事起便是如此 |
[46:40] | I’m ready to tie it off. | 我要解除这个循环 |
[46:45] | See you on the boat. | 船上见 |
[47:00] | After the other day, I was thinking, | 那天之后我一直在想 |
[47:03] | “Why don’t I see Steve and the boys more?” | 为什么不经常去看看史蒂夫和孩子们 |
[47:07] | Ain’t been out to my camp in a while. | 有一段时间没来这个营地了 |
[47:11] | You know, if I don’t get out here | 你知道 如果我一年里不来这里 |
[47:14] | 3, 4 times a year… | 三四次 |
[47:17] | I’m a basket case. | 我就要崩溃了 |
[47:18] | I hear ya. | 是啊是啊 |
[47:24] | I do love a reason to drink beer | 我最爱有一个 |
[47:26] | first thing in the morning. | 早上喝酒的正当理由了 |
[47:32] | Say, Steve, | 我说史蒂夫 |
[47:33] | I been wanting to ask, | 我一直想问 |
[47:36] | you know that Fontenot girl? | 你知道 那个方特诺特女孩 |
[47:38] | Remember, going off with her daddy? | 记得吗 跟他爸爸走掉的那个 |
[47:42] | I–I just wasn’t clear. | 我不太明白 |
[47:43] | Was it you knew for a fact | 你是确实知道 |
[47:46] | that she went with her daddy, | 她跟她爸爸一起走了 |
[47:48] | or somebody told you that that’s what happened? | 还是有人跟你这么说的 |
[47:52] | The family talked to Sheriff Childress. | 那家人跟柴尔德里斯治安官谈过 |
[47:55] | The girl’s aunt and uncle, | 治安官认识他们 |
[47:58] | he knew them. | 就是女孩的姑姑和叔叔 |
[48:03] | Who were they? | 他们是什么人 |
[48:11] | Starting to think this wasn’t just | 我开始觉得 这并不是一个 |
[48:12] | a friendly invitation from an old pal, huh? | 老朋友的友好邀请了 |
[48:15] | It’s definitely that. | 当然是老朋友的友好邀请 |
[48:18] | Well, then try this, then. | 这么说吧 |
[48:19] | I said all I remember about the girl. | 我把能想起来的全说了 |
[48:22] | Let’s just have a good time, and don’t ask again. | 来好好享受一下 别再问了 |
[48:26] | – I’m with you 150% on that. – All right. | -我完全同意 -好吧 |
[48:31] | Thing is, Steve… | 问题是 史蒂夫 |
[48:35] | I ain’t gonna ask you. | 我不会再问你 |
[48:39] | He is. | 他会 |
[48:46] | No, I wouldn’t if I was you, Steve. | 换做是我可不会这么做 史蒂夫 |
[48:50] | You’re out of your jurisdiction, Sheriff. | 你现在可不在你的辖区 治安官 |
[48:53] | You realize who I am now, you assholes? | 你知道我现在是谁吗 混蛋 |
[48:56] | Yeah, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t. | 知道 不知道也不会来 |
[49:00] | Marty. | 马蒂 |
[49:01] | Don’t look at me. I ain’t never been able to control him. | 别看我 我从来都控制不了他 |
[49:04] | Come on. | 进来 |
[49:06] | But you’re done after this. | 等这事完了看我怎么收拾你 |
[49:09] | I’ll have boss crackers splitting your ass in Angola. | 我会把你丢到安哥拉 用胡桃钳撕烂你屁股 |
[49:11] | Yeah, we’ll talk about that, | 我们会聊到那事的 |
[49:14] | and some other things. | 还有些其他事 |
[49:15] | Come on. | 进来 |
[49:33] | That church Cohle talked about’s supposed to be right here. | 科尔说的那个教堂应该就在这儿 |
[49:36] | – We’re lost. – We’re not lost. | -我们迷路了 -我们没有迷路 |
[49:39] | We’re going in the right direction. We’re heading south. | 我们方向正确 在往南走 |
[49:41] | And that’s gonna head us to 49? | 这样能走到49号公路吗 |
[49:43] | No, we’re not looking for the 49. | 我们不是在找49号公路 |
[49:44] | We’re looking for the church. | 而是在找教堂 |
[49:45] | I know we’re looking for the church; we ain’t got to no church. | 我知道在找教堂 但什么教堂都没找到 |
[49:48] | Ain’t seen nothing that even resemble no church. | 连像教堂的东西都看不见 |
[49:50] | Ain’t nobody out here to even ask where anything is. | 连个问句话的人都找不到 |
[49:52] | Let me know when you see something. | 看见东西告诉我 |
[49:54] | There ain’t nothing to see. | 没什么可看见的 |
[50:06] | Yes, sir? | 你好 长官 |
[50:07] | You know there’s a little church around here? | 你知道附近哪有个小教堂吗 |
[50:09] | Pretty old? Black minister? | 挺旧的 牧师是黑人 |
[50:11] | You must mean Son of Life, sir. | 你一定是指生命之子 长官 |
[50:15] | That place shut down. | 那地方关了 |
[50:17] | ’05, I think, just after all them hurricanes. | 我记得是05年关的吧 飓风之后 |
[50:22] | You live around here? | 你住在附近吗 |
[50:24] | No, sir. I live in St. Martin. | 不 长官 我在圣马丁住 |
[50:26] | Got a parish contract. | 签到了教区的工作合同 |
[50:28] | Take care of some cemeteries, | 照管墓地 |
[50:30] | public schools. | 和公立学校 |
[50:31] | All right. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[50:34] | Hey, you know how to get to 49 from here? | 你知道从这儿怎么上49号公路吗 |
[50:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[50:37] | About a half-mile, you’ll see a left. | 走半公里 能看见一个左转路口 |
[50:40] | Pr 1435. | 1435大道 |
[50:42] | Take that. | 走那条路 |
[50:43] | About…7 miles of fields. | 大概开11公里 |
[50:46] | You’ll hit 49 before Crowley. | 不到克劳利 就能上49号公路 |
[50:49] | Know your way around, huh? | 你对这里的路挺清楚的嘛 |
[50:50] | Oh, yeah, boss. | 是的 老大 |
[50:51] | – I know the whole coast. My family– – Thanks. | -我了解整条海岸 我家 -谢谢 |
[51:15] | My family’s been here a long, long time. | 我家族在这里生活很长 很长时间了 |