时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back up! | 退后 |
[00:04] | What happened out there? | 到底怎么回事 |
[00:07] | Do you know if somethin’ happened? | 你知道什么我不知道的… |
[00:09] | Does she look familiar? | 你看着眼熟吗 |
[00:11] | – This is my baby girl? – What do you think? | -是我女儿吗 -你觉得呢 |
[00:13] | Were you aware that one of the officers | 你知不知道在伍达德家 |
[00:15] | who processed the Woodard scene went missing | 做现场调查的警员之一 |
[00:17] | during the second investigation? | 在第二次调查期间失踪了 |
[00:19] | There’s no fucking way that backpack | 炸弹爆炸的时候 |
[00:21] | was in that crawlspace when that mortar went off. | 那背包绝对不可能在地下室里 |
[00:23] | Tells some story of how she’s a princess | 到处说什么她是来自”粉色房间”的 |
[00:25] | from the pink rooms. | “公主” |
[00:26] | Said she, uh, lost a brother. | 她还说过她丢了一个哥哥 |
[00:28] | They’re looking for me. | 他们在找我 |
[00:29] | Tell him to leave me alone. | 让他别来烦我 |
[00:31] | The man acting like my father! | 电视上装作是我爸爸的那个男人 |
[00:33] | Children should laugh. | 孩子们应该欢笑 |
[00:35] | There wasn’t a lot of laughter around here. | 但这里并没有什么欢声笑语 |
[00:37] | 露西·珀塞尔 死亡时间 1988年8月12日 | |
[00:37] | I know Lucy wrote it | 我知道是露西写的 |
[00:38] | when that director showed me some pictures. | 当时导演给我看了几张照片 |
[00:40] | Dan O’Brien’s body was found | 在一个密苏里州南部开采完的采石场里 |
[00:41] | in a drained quarry. | 发现了丹·奥布莱恩的尸体 |
[00:43] | How you gonna talk to these people? | 我们做了那些事 |
[00:46] | We done what we done. | 你怎么还能跟这些人说话 |
[00:48] | I remember what we done, I remember not to say. | 如果我记得做了什么 就会记得什么不能说 |
[00:51] | You walked away. | 你放弃了 |
[00:54] | Not this time. | 这次不会 |
[02:38] | Helluva day when a gunfight’s the second most excitin’ thing | 真够劲 枪战都算不上今天发生的 |
[02:40] | that happens to you. | 最刺激的事 |
[02:45] | I was trying to hold out. | 我本来想矜持一些 |
[02:48] | Make you wait a bit. | 让你等一会儿 |
[02:52] | You seem like the type that kinda thing matters. | 你似乎是那种会看重这种事的人 |
[02:57] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不必那样做 |
[03:00] | What? | 做什么 |
[03:02] | Check and see if I’m judgin’ you. | 试探我会不会评判你 |
[03:04] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[03:21] | I was so glad you weren’t hurt. | 你没有受伤真是太好了 |
[03:25] | Came close. | 差一点 |
[03:30] | First time I fired my weapon on the job. | 第一次在工作的时候开枪 |
[03:38] | You fired your weapon before, in the war? | 你以前开过枪吧 打仗的时候 |
[03:45] | I wanna hear about your stuff. | 我想听听你的故事 |
[03:47] | How you got here, your past. | 你怎么来的这里 你的过去 |
[03:51] | Honestly… | 说实话 |
[03:54] | I never give it thought. | 我从不去想过去 |
[04:01] | One thing I learned, the war? | 战争教给我的 |
[04:04] | Life happens now. | 就是活在当下 |
[04:07] | Then later’s now, y’know? | 以后也会成为当下 |
[04:11] | It’s never behind you. | 一切也不会过去 |
[04:15] | And I’m not avoidin’ the question, just… | 我不是刻意回避问题 |
[04:19] | really don’t spend time rememberin’ stuff. | 只是不想花时间回忆过去 |
[04:25] | That’s like a superpower to me. | 对我来说那就像超能力 |
[04:28] | I can’t even understand that. How do you do it? | 我甚至无法理解 你怎么做到的 |
[04:31] | Just lucky, I guess. | 幸运而已吧 |
[04:59] | Tell him to leave me alone. | 让他别来烦我 |
[05:01] | – I-I know what he did. – Who? | -我知道他做了什么 -谁 |
[05:05] | The man on TV acting like my father! | 电视上装作是我爸爸的那个男人 |
[05:09] | Can you tell me where you’re calling from? | 你能告诉我你是在哪打得这个电话吗 |
[05:12] | Where’s my brother? Will? | 我哥哥在哪 威尔 |
[05:14] | I don’t know what he did with him. | 我不知道他对他做了什么 |
[05:18] | That certainly sounds like an indictment. | 那听起来确实像是控告 |
[05:21] | And according to the file, he didn’t have an alibi the night of. | 根据记录 那晚他没有不在场证明 |
[05:25] | You two never kicked that very hard, did you? | 你们俩从未认真调查过 对吗 |
[05:27] | You ignored that? | 你们忽略了不在场证明吗 |
[05:31] | We need to go at him, hard. | 我们得对他严加审讯 |
[05:33] | Freddy Burns saw the boy alone out in them woods | 弗莱迪·伯恩斯看到那男孩一个人在树林里 |
[05:36] | when we still had Tom workin’ on his car. | 而那时汤姆还在修他的车 |
[05:38] | Me and Ted can take a shot, | 我和泰德可以试一试 |
[05:40] | y’all want to observe. | 你们想在边上观察吗 |
[05:42] | No. | 不 |
[05:44] | We’ll do it. | 我们来 |
[05:57] | I don’t know what that call was, | 我不知道那通电话是怎么回事 |
[05:59] | but no way we could be that wrong. | 但我们不可能错得那么离谱 |
[06:02] | Wanna give it to Morelli? | 要让莫莱利来吗 |
[06:04] | No. | 不 |
[06:06] | Them others’ll eat him alive. | 其他人会把他给生吞活剥了 |
[06:22] | What’s it mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[06:25] | – That was her, wasn’t it? – Sit down, Tom. | -是她的电话 对不对 -坐下 汤姆 |
[06:27] | I don’t wanna sit down right now. | 我现在不想坐下 |
[06:28] | It’s not a request. | 这是命令 |
[06:34] | What’re you lookin’ like that for? | 你这表情是什么意思 |
[06:38] | Something you want to tell us, Mr. Purcell? | 你有什么要告诉我们的吗 珀塞尔先生 |
[06:41] | What? | 什么 |
[06:42] | However long it’s been, this is the time. | 不管过去多久了 现在是时候说出来了 |
[06:44] | While you’re talkin’ to a couple of friends. | 趁现在你面对的还是朋友 |
[06:46] | ‘Cause they bring in the other guys, | 因为等其他人进来 |
[06:48] | it’s gonna get bad. | 局面会变得很难看 |
[06:49] | Tell us your side. | 告诉我们你的说辞 |
[06:51] | We can help. Make a case for ya. | 我们能帮你 这是为你好 |
[06:55] | My side? | 我的说辞 |
[06:58] | Everybody knows my side. | 所有人都知道 |
[07:03] | You– | 你… |
[07:05] | You think– me? | 你觉得是我吗 |
[07:13] | Back in ’80, the night of the incident. | 80年代 事发当晚 |
[07:17] | Couple of neighbors saw you workin’ in the garage, early evenin’. | 那晚早些时候有几个邻居看到你在车库忙活 |
[07:22] | Don’t have anybody saw you after 6:30. | 6点30之后没有人见过你 |
[07:25] | Saw me? | 看见我 |
[07:28] | Roland… | 罗兰 |
[07:35] | Lieutenant West. | 韦斯特副队长 |
[07:37] | You go somewhere back then? | 那时候你去哪了 |
[07:40] | You leave the house and forgot to tell us? | 你从家里出去忘记告诉我们了吗 |
[07:43] | N-no. | 没有 |
[07:44] | No. I went back inside, I had a couple beers, | 没有 我回了家 喝了几杯酒 |
[07:48] | and listened to the Cardinals game, same as I told you. | 听着红雀队的比赛 就跟我之前说过的一样 |
[07:52] | Julie’s room. | 朱莉的房间 |
[07:55] | There’s a little hole in her wall | 墙上有一个小洞 |
[07:59] | came out back of Will’s closet. | 另一头是威尔的衣柜 |
[08:03] | – A what? – Like a peephole. | -什么 -就像是一个猫眼 |
[08:06] | For spyin’. | 用来偷窥的 |
[08:08] | Ever look in on her? Julie? | 你有偷窥过她吗 朱莉 |
[08:10] | Maybe while she was gettin’ dressed? | 或许是在她换衣服的时候 |
[08:15] | Some question, wasn’t there, | 还有些问题我没问过 |
[08:17] | whether she was yours? | 她是你亲生的吗 |
[08:19] | Lucy passed it around a lot, what we hear. | 我们听说了 露西到处在说 |
[08:21] | Listen, she– she– | 她…她… |
[08:24] | I held– | 我抱… |
[08:26] | I fed her, got up in the night. | 我把她养大 三更半夜起床 |
[08:29] | She’s mine. That child is mine. | 她是我的 那个孩子是我的 |
[08:33] | How could you, after everything you know, | 你们知道那么多事 |
[08:35] | you think I could do something like that?! | 怎么会觉得我会做出那种事 |
[08:37] | Do– you?! | 你们竟然 |
[08:40] | – Did you give her to somebody, Tom? – What? | -你有把她送给别人吗 汤姆 -什么 |
[08:43] | Was she trying to get away from you? | 她是不是试图从你身边逃离 |
[08:45] | Somebody helpin’ her out of a situation with you? | 是有人帮她从你身边逃脱了吗 |
[08:47] | What?! Why?! | 为什么要这么说 |
[08:48] | Did Will know, did he catch you? | 威尔知道吗 他发现了吗 |
[08:49] | Why! Why! Goddamn, why would I?! | 为什么 天啊 我为什么会那么做 |
[08:52] | You know they weren’t playin’ with that neighbor kid. | 你知道他们没有在跟邻居家那小孩玩 |
[08:54] | Who were they meetin’ at Devil’s Den? | 他们在魔鬼穴见的是谁 |
[08:57] | I don’t know. I don’t know anything you’re talkin’ ’bout! | 我不知道 我根本不知道你们在说什么 |
[09:05] | No, no, no, no… | 不 不 不… |
[09:09] | Tell us about it. | 告诉我们 |
[09:11] | We wanna help you. | 我们想帮你 |
[09:13] | But we can’t if you don’t talk to us. | 但如果你不说 我们就没办法 |
[09:22] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[09:25] | Usually I do. | 一般我都能判断出来 |
[09:27] | But I don’t know. | 但我说不好 |
[09:29] | I can’t believe we missed this. | 真不敢相信我们遗漏了这一点 |
[09:32] | I mean, could he have colluded with Woodard? | 他有可能跟伍达德合谋吗 |
[09:34] | Come to that, could he have planted the items in Woodard’s house? | 说到这个 可能是他把东西放在伍达德家吗 |
[09:40] | There’s no evidence right now for an arrest. | 现在没有能逮捕他的证据 |
[09:43] | Hold him for the 24. | 先关押24小时 |
[09:45] | Start diggin’ for anything that points in his direction. | 开始搜寻任何能指证他的证据 |
[09:47] | I’m gonna give you a warrant for his place. | 我给你他家的搜查令 |
[09:50] | We need to check out where that call came from, too. | 我们也得查查那通电话是从哪打来的 |
[09:53] | Get busy. We missed it once… | 赶紧吧 已经疏忽一次了 |
[09:57] | we’re not losin’ him now. | 不能再放过他了 |
[10:03] | The phone call was viewed as a major turn, correct? | 那通电话是个关键的转折点 对吧 |
[10:09] | Law enforcement seemed to consider it as an indictment, | 执法机关似乎把它当作一个控告 |
[10:12] | particularly in light of… what happened. | 尤其考虑到发生的一切 |
[10:21] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[10:27] | After questioning, Tom Purcell was held in jail. | 审问结束后 汤姆·珀塞尔被关押 |
[10:30] | What did investigators do after that phone call? | 在那通电话后调查员做了什么 |
[10:33] | That was her, wasn’t it? Julie? | 是她 对不对 是朱莉 |
[10:39] | Call came from a truck stop outside Russellville. | 电话是从拉塞尔维尔外一个卡车站打来的 |
[10:43] | We pulled a partial off of a pay phone. | 我们在一个公共电话上提取到了部分指纹 |
[10:45] | Hers. | 是她的 |
[10:48] | You didn’t want to tell the bosses about the backpack? | 你不想告诉老大关于背包的事吗 |
[10:52] | You were pretty convinced it was planted. | 你当初很确信那是被人设计好的 |
[10:55] | It was planted. | 那是设计好的 |
[10:58] | I didn’t wanna give ’em that to use on him yet. | 我现在还不想让他们用这个来对付他 |
[11:18] | Had to change. Gotta go back out. | 计划有变 我得重新出去一下 |
[11:20] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[11:23] | Missin’ my old clip-ons. | 想念我的老卡夹式领带了 |
[11:28] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[11:31] | You’re not in elementary school anymore. | 你已经不是小学生了 |
[11:39] | Where you goin’? | 你要去哪 |
[11:42] | I have things to do. | 我有事要做 |
[11:45] | New book. | 新书 |
[11:47] | What new book? | 什么新书 |
[11:49] | Sequel. | 续集 |
[11:51] | It’s about the current investigation. | 是关于现在的调查的 |
[11:55] | I thought you wanted to work on a novel next. | 我还以为你接下来想写小说呢 |
[11:58] | The publisher wants this bad. | 出版商想让我写这个 |
[12:00] | They think it’s too good an opportunity. | 他们觉得这是个很好的机会 |
[12:03] | I get troubled callin’ what happened an “opportunity.” | 我不觉得所发生的事可以被称为机会 |
[12:07] | That’s their word. | 这是他们的原话 |
[12:11] | We can’t expect the world to conform | 我们不能指望这个世界 |
[12:12] | to Wayne Hays’s moral semantics. | 都遵从韦恩·海斯的道德观 |
[12:16] | Right. | 是的 |
[12:18] | Well, it’s an opportunity for you, isn’t it? | 这对你来说是个机会 对吧 |
[12:21] | Back to Major Crimes. | 回到重案组 |
[12:24] | Keeping your own hours. | 自己安排时间 |
[12:26] | We get clear on this, I’ll be home more. | 我说清楚 我会更常回家的 |
[12:30] | Will you? | 你会吗 |
[12:32] | Seems like this suits you better. | 看起来这更适合你 |
[12:34] | Running free. | 自由的生活 |
[12:38] | Just tryin’ to do my job right. | 我只是在努力做好我的工作 |
[12:40] | So that’s my imagination… | 所以那都是我的臆想了 |
[12:43] | seeing you like you can’t breathe in here? | 你在这里时看上去似乎无法呼吸 |
[12:46] | Yeah, it’s your imagination. | 是的 那是你的臆想 |
[12:48] | Telling yourself stories about me, my motives. | 自己臆想我的故事 我的动力 |
[12:51] | I could tell stories– why you’re all of a sudden | 我也能编故事 你为什么突然开始 |
[12:53] | workin’ on a book you already wrote. | 写一本你已经完成了的书 |
[12:56] | What you lookin’ for out there, you’re not findin’ here. | 你在外面寻找的东西 在这里找不到 |
[13:07] | Old We dug into Tom… | 我们调查了汤姆 |
[13:09] | the father, yeah. | 那个父亲 是的 |
[13:11] | His place. Talked to his bosses. | 去他的住所 和他的老板谈话 |
[13:15] | I remember talkin’ to y’all back then. | 我记得之前和你们聊过 |
[13:18] | Yeah, he quit before the school bus factory closed. | 是的 他在校车工厂关门前就不干了 |
[13:23] | Tell you the truth… | 和你说实话 |
[13:26] | he was on his way out | 在一切发生之前 |
[13:28] | even before what happened. | 他在这里就待不住了 |
[13:30] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[13:32] | Caught him drinkin’ on the job. More than once. | 我们抓到他在工作时喝酒 不止一次 |
[13:36] | Machines are dangerous around that shit. | 喝酒之后操作机器很危险 |
[13:39] | Always askin’ for a loan. And, y’know… | 他一直在到处借钱 而且你们知道 |
[13:42] | didn’t quite get along with the rest of the guys. | 他和其他人不太合得来 |
[13:45] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:46] | I didn’t want to say anything back then, but… | 我当时不想说什么 |
[13:50] | a few of the boys had around saw him goin’ into a queer club. | 但是有几个男孩看到他去了同性恋酒吧 |
[13:56] | They got on him a lot, after. | 在那之后他们经常找他麻烦 |
[15:26] | So he’s not the saint-of-all-sufferin’. | 所以他不是什么受难的圣人 |
[15:30] | Everybody’s got weaknesses. | 每个人都有弱点 |
[15:34] | Don’t mean he did that to his kids. | 这不代表他对他的孩子做了那种事 |
[15:36] | Lookin’ less and less to me like they were his kids. | 我越来越觉得他们不是他的孩子了 |
[15:41] | Devil’s Den was a homo cruisin’ spot. | 魔鬼穴是个同志胡搞的场所 |
[15:43] | The kids weren’t supposed to be out there. | 孩子们不应该在那里的 |
[15:45] | – If Tom was– – Fuck off. | -如果汤姆… -闭嘴 |
[15:49] | We know they were meetin’ somebody else out there. | 我们知道他们是去那里见别的人 |
[15:53] | Tom wouldn’t do that. | 汤姆不会那么做 |
[15:54] | This. | 不会这么做 |
[15:56] | If he wouldn’t, then we’ll clear him. | 如果他没有 那我们就洗清他的嫌疑 |
[16:00] | But we gotta get this right. | 但我们必须把握好 |
[16:01] | You saw at the station. | 在局里你也看到了 |
[16:03] | Kindt and Blevins are hot for it. | 金特和布莱文斯急不可待 |
[16:08] | If it’s not him… | 如果不是他 |
[16:11] | we clear him. | 我们要洗清他的嫌疑 |
[16:13] | But we don’t stop. | 但我们不会停手 |
[16:15] | Take it all the way this time. | 这次要查到底 |
[16:25] | I remember 1980. | 我还记得1980年 |
[16:58] | You’re supposed to be at home. | 你应该在家的 |
[17:00] | Detective Hays, | 海斯警探 |
[17:03] | Your shooting cleared. No surprise. | 你的枪击没问题 意料之中 |
[17:06] | What’s the latest on Roland? | 罗兰现在怎么样了 |
[17:08] | Gets to keep the leg. | 腿保住了 |
[17:11] | Won’t be the same, | 不会那么利索了 |
[17:11] | but it’s a lot better than Diller and Bowen got. | 但比迪勒和鲍文幸运多了 |
[17:14] | They found the boy’s backpack. Girl’s shirt. | 他们找到了男孩的背包 女孩的衣服 |
[17:18] | Both at Woodard’s place. | 都在伍达德家 |
[17:20] | Yeah, it was him. | 对 就是他干的 |
[17:22] | What? | 什么 |
[17:26] | No, somethin’s wrong here. | 不对 这不对劲 |
[17:29] | If it was him, that ain’t all of it. | 如果是他 那也不是他一个人 |
[17:32] | Other people involved. Kids were meetin’ somebody. | 还有其他相关的人 孩子们是去见一个人 |
[17:34] | – Jesus Christ, you were there. – Wayne. | -老天 你当时也在 -韦恩 |
[17:37] | You see what’s happenin’ out here? | 你明白现在发生什么了吗 |
[17:39] | Press is makin’ the county a Hee-Haw sideshow. | 媒体把县执法部门当笑柄 |
[17:42] | May have gotten some help with that. | 多亏了你的帮助 |
[17:43] | OK, Detective, stick to the evidence. | 好了 警探 跟着证据走 |
[17:46] | And it only goes one way. | 只有一个结论 |
[17:48] | Even makes sense for the kidnap note. | 连绑架信都说得通了 |
[17:50] | Cut-out words, misspelling. | 剪贴字母 拼写错误 |
[17:52] | It was Woodard. | 就是伍达德 |
[17:54] | Then where’s the girl? | 那女孩在哪里 |
[17:55] | He had a couple of oil drums he made into an incinerator. | 他用几个油桶做了一个焚化炉 |
[17:59] | Evidence suggests he burned the body. | 证据表明他把尸体烧了 |
[18:01] | – Are we sure? – She’s dead. | -我们确定吗 -她死了 |
[18:05] | Let’s not draw out the family’s pain any longer. | 我们不要再延长亲属的痛苦了 |
[18:08] | Our official position is, Woodard murdered both children. | 官方立场是 两个孩子都是伍达德杀的 |
[18:11] | That’s it. Take some time. | 就这样 休息几天 |
[18:13] | – Probably a medal in this. – Warren. | -也许能拿个勋章 -沃伦 |
[18:16] | I don’t wanna take time. | 我不想休息 |
[18:17] | I don’t give a shit about medals. I’m telling you– | 我不在乎勋章 我告诉你… |
[18:19] | Enough. He killed 10 people, Wayne. You were there. | 够了 他杀了十个人 韦恩 你在现场 |
[18:23] | It’s done. | 结束了 |
[18:25] | This community needs to heal, Detective. We’re the first step. | 这个社区需要疗愈 警探 我们是第一步 |
[18:30] | And state law allows conviction in absentia | 州法律准许特殊情况下的 |
[18:32] | under special circumstances. | 缺席审判 |
[18:34] | Our offices are gonna need all evidence, | 我们的办公室需要所有证据 |
[18:36] | investigative records– everything. | 调查记录 所有东西 |
[18:41] | Twelve people. | 十二个人 |
[18:44] | What? | 什么 |
[18:46] | You puttin’ the kids on him, | 你们把孩子们算到他头上 |
[18:48] | that means he killed 12 people…. | 等于他杀了十二个人 |
[18:50] | not 10. | 不是十个 |
[18:54] | Just so you keep your stories straight. | 免得你们的说法露出破绽 |
[19:00] | The cousin, Dan O’Brien. | 那个堂弟 丹·奥布莱恩 |
[19:02] | His remains were found in a drained quarry in southern Missouri. | 他的遗骨在南密苏里州一个枯竭的采石场被发现 |
[19:06] | Do you think this could connect to Tom? | 你觉得这和汤姆有关联吗 |
[19:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:11] | Couldn’t say. | 说不好 |
[19:13] | Well, what happened with Tom, | 发生在汤姆身上的事 |
[19:16] | Lucy, now her cousin Dan… | 还有露西 现在再加上她的堂弟 丹 |
[19:18] | We also had to talk to all the cops | 我们还跟所有80年代在伍达德家 |
[19:20] | worked the Woodard scene back in ’80. | 现场勘察过的警察沟通过 |
[19:25] | I believe that’s what we did next, or around then. | 我们当时接下来查的应该就是这个 |
[19:28] | Because the thought was that | 因为你们认为 |
[19:29] | Tom may have planted the evidence there? | 可能是汤姆栽赃证据的 |
[19:32] | Well, we had to look at the possibility. | 我们得调查这种可能性 |
[19:36] | Or… | 或者 |
[19:38] | maybe they worked together, him and Woodard. | 也许是他们合作 他和伍达德 |
[19:43] | You know… | 你知道 |
[19:45] | it’s terrible what this work makes you ponder. | 这工作总是会让你疑神疑鬼的 |
[19:50] | Don’t you think? | 不是吗 |
[19:54] | Mighta seen him. Hard to say. | 可能看到过 不好说 |
[19:57] | Had a lot of looky-loos around the place. | 这附近有很多只看不买的人 |
[19:59] | And you’re the one found the backpack? | 就是你发现的那个背包吗 |
[20:02] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, I found it. | 是的 是的 我发现它的 |
[20:04] | Then Harris said looked like that boy’s. | 然后哈里斯说像那个男孩的 |
[20:07] | – That’s Harris James? – Yep. | -哈里斯·詹姆斯说的吗 -是的 |
[20:09] | Says he left the force. | 听说他离开警队了 |
[20:10] | Oh yeah, long time ago. | 是的 很久之前 |
[20:12] | You know what he’s doin’ now? | 你知道他现在在做什么吗 |
[20:30] | “Chief Security Officer.” | “首席安全官” |
[20:32] | How do I get somethin’ like that? | 要怎么才能搞到这种职位 |
[20:35] | Well, I moonlighted security at the plant | 我是巡警的时候 |
[20:37] | for about five years when I was a patrolman. | 在厂里兼职做了五年保安 |
[20:39] | When the spot opened up here, | 然后这里有职位空缺之后 |
[20:41] | I was in the right place. | 我恰好走运被招了进来 |
[20:43] | I don’t know why a lieutenant’d want to switch careers. | 我不明白为什么一个副队长要换工作 |
[20:46] | That matter, I don’t know I ever heard a lieutenant working the field. | 我也没听说过有副队长会亲自调查 |
[20:50] | It’s a special situation. | 这是特殊情况 |
[20:53] | If I get your salary, I’ll switch to any career they say. | 我要是有你那工资 让我换什么都行 |
[20:58] | What, you look at my paycheck? | 什么 你们查我的薪水了 |
[21:01] | Pretty depressing from my end. | 让我很是郁闷啊 |
[21:05] | You took the job May ’81? | 你是81年五月开始工作的 |
[21:09] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[21:10] | We’re backtrackin’. The Purcell case. | 我们在回溯 珀塞尔案件 |
[21:14] | Got it down you were the one spotted the bag. | 查到你是发现背包的人 |
[21:17] | No, I didn’t find it. | 不 不是我发现的 |
[21:19] | I was the first to think I recognized it– | 我应该是第一个认出背包的人 |
[21:22] | off the APB. | 看了全境通告 |
[21:24] | Well, we’ve been wonderin’ why | 我们想知道为什么 |
[21:25] | it took two days to find that backpack. | 用了两天才找到背包 |
[21:27] | Took God six days to make the world. | 上帝还用了六天创造世界呢 |
[21:30] | I can believe it took a bunch of GEDs | 我相信一群没什么文化的家伙 |
[21:32] | two days to find a backpack. | 得用两天时间才能找到一个背包 |
[21:40] | The kids’ father. | 孩子的父亲 |
[21:42] | You ever see him out there | 你处理现场的时候 |
[21:43] | when you were processin’ the scene? | 在附近看到过他吗 |
[21:46] | Yeah, as a matter of fact I saw him | 是的 确实看到过 |
[21:48] | in the field across the street. Watchin’. | 他在街对面的田里 张望 |
[21:51] | What was he doin’? | 他在干什么 |
[21:53] | Just starin’. | 就是盯着看 |
[21:55] | Stood there lookin’ at the house, or what was left of it. | 站在那看着房子 或者说是剩下的房子 |
[21:58] | Long time. | 看了很久 |
[22:01] | You know, the kids’ mother used to work up here. | 那孩子的母亲曾在这工作 |
[22:04] | Back in ’79. | 79年的时候 |
[22:06] | Well, unless she worked 10 to 6 in the morning, | 除非她的工作时间是十点到早上六点 |
[22:08] | I never saw her. | 我没见过她 |
[22:10] | That was y’all, right? | 是你们对吗 |
[22:12] | The shootout? | 交火 |
[22:14] | That’s my fuckin’ limp. | 打中了我的腿 |
[22:17] | Why’d you leave Highway Patrol? | 你为什么离开高速巡逻队 |
[22:20] | Why’d I give up hemorrhoids and 15K a year? | 为什么我放弃痔疮和每年一万五的工资 |
[22:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:24] | That question keeps me up nights. | 那是让我夜不能寐的问题 |
[22:36] | What’s the job involve? | 这工作都做些什么 |
[22:38] | Money like that. | 那么多钱 |
[22:41] | Hog thieves? | 防小偷吗 |
[22:43] | People tryin’ to steal the secret chicken recipe? | 人们要偷秘制鸡肉食谱吗 |
[22:50] | “Securing without compromise the integrity of corporate assets | “防范日常作业危害的同时 |
[22:55] | while guarding against hazards to daily operations.” | 保护公司资产但不保证其完整性” |
[22:59] | But I’ll admit, now and then I miss | 但我承认 有时我怀念 |
[23:01] | whilin’ away my days cruisin’ around, eatin’ donuts. | 巡视消磨时间的时候吃甜甜圈 |
[23:05] | I don’t eat donuts. | 我不吃甜甜圈 |
[23:07] | I can tell. | 我看得出 |
[23:10] | You got a good body, Detective. | 你身材不错 警探 |
[23:13] | Appreciate your time. | 占用你时间了 |
[23:15] | We’ll get outta your hair. | 我们就不打扰了 |
[23:25] | I thought it took God seven days to make the world. | 我认为上帝用了七天创造世界 |
[23:29] | He rested on the seventh. | 他第七天休息 |
[23:31] | I always thought he shoulda put the extra day in, | 我还是觉得他应该算上那天 |
[23:34] | instead of half-assin’ it. | 而不是省略掉 |
[23:37] | Harris James? | 哈里斯·詹姆斯 |
[23:39] | He was one of the officers who processed the Woodard scene. | 他是处理伍达德案现场的警官之一 |
[23:42] | He disappeared– during the 1990 investigation. | 在1990年的调查中 他失踪了 |
[23:48] | You know what happened to him? | 知道他怎么了吗 |
[23:50] | No. But the mother, the father. | 不知道 但现在找到了 |
[23:54] | The cousin’s body being found now. | 他母亲 父亲还有堂弟的尸体 |
[23:56] | All the dead at Woodard’s. | 都死在伍达德家 |
[23:58] | This former cop worked the scene. | 这位前警官处理了罪案现场 |
[24:01] | I wonder if one day | 不知道会不会有天 |
[24:02] | they’ll drain a quarry with him in it. | 他们会在哪个采石场里发现他的尸体 |
[24:07] | I wouldn’t know, Miss. | 我不知道 小姐 |
[24:11] | But what you just did is called speculation. | 但你刚那是猜测 |
[24:13] | That leads to projection, we call it. | 这就导致了所谓的推测 |
[24:15] | Twists what you see, obfuscates truth. | 混淆视听 颠倒是非 |
[24:19] | Have you sat back at any point over the last two decades | 在过去二十年中 你有没有花时间 |
[24:22] | and thought about the sheer number | 想过这个案子 |
[24:23] | of fatalities surrounding this case? | 所牵涉的所有命案数 |
[24:36] | I’m afraid I– I need to stop for today. | 恐怕 今天只能到这了 |
[24:40] | I’m sorry, can you give us five more minutes? | 抱歉 能再给我们五分钟吗 |
[24:42] | I didn’t mean to press. | 我不是故意施压 |
[24:43] | You’re fine. I’m just done. | 不怪你 只是我累了 |
[24:47] | All I meant– | 我只是说 |
[24:49] | Doesn’t the simple body count point toward something bigger– | 难道单凭死亡人数不就表明有更大的 |
[24:51] | – Stop. He’s done. – I’m getting to the point. | -别说了 他累了 -我正说到重点 |
[24:54] | Then you should have gotten to it sooner. OK? | 那你应该早点说重点 明白吗 |
[25:02] | Thanks so much for your help. | 非常感谢你的帮助 |
[25:04] | Do you work with a lot of young girls? | 你们帮助的有很多是年轻小女孩吗 |
[25:06] | We get a fair amount. | 挺多的 |
[25:08] | Runaways, girls trying to get away from bad homes. | 都是离家出走的 女孩都想离开糟糕的家庭 |
[25:12] | We just lose so many. | 但是也失去了很多女孩 |
[25:16] | I can’t say I recognize her. | 从照片来看很难认得出来 |
[25:19] | But that’s not the best picture, is it? | 但这不是最清晰的照片吧 |
[25:24] | The idea is maybe it’s this little girl, grown up. | 我们觉得她就是长大后的这个小女孩 |
[25:33] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[25:38] | Yeah, we were in the same group. | 是的 我们之前在一个组里 |
[25:42] | That was, um, | 那大概是 |
[25:43] | four or five months ago, I think? | 四五个月前吧 |
[25:47] | Why did she leave? | 她为什么离开 |
[25:49] | Things had gotten kind of shaky. | 情况变得有点不稳定 |
[25:52] | Drugs. | 毒品 |
[25:54] | One of the guys had gotten some of the girls to trick. | 有个人骗了些姑娘去卖 |
[25:58] | Just got… ugly. | 事情闹得很糟 |
[26:02] | I dropped out a couple weeks after Mary. | 玛丽退出几周后我也走了 |
[26:05] | She called herself “Mary”? | 她叫自己”玛丽” |
[26:07] | Sometimes. | 有时吧 |
[26:09] | Or, um, Mary-Julie. | 玛丽·朱莉 |
[26:12] | And sometimes Mary July, | 有时候是玛丽·朱莱 |
[26:14] | like Julie, but July. | 和朱莉很像 但是七月那个朱莱 |
[26:17] | Like summertime, she said. | 她说就像是夏天 |
[26:20] | She had different names. | 她有很多名字 |
[26:25] | She ever talk about herself? | 她说起过自己的身世吗 |
[26:28] | Talk about home? Where she came from? | 说起过家 她从哪来 |
[26:31] | She mentioned something about “living in the pink rooms”? | 她说起过自己”住在粉色房间里” |
[26:35] | Or– Or, uh– uh, “a queen in a pink castle.” | 或是说自己是”粉色城堡里的皇后” |
[26:41] | You know what I think? | 要我说 |
[26:43] | I think she didn’t know who she was. | 我觉得她不知道自己是谁 |
[26:46] | I think she just pretended. | 我觉得她是装的 |
[26:51] | You oughta write a book. | 你应该写本书 |
[26:54] | Write about what happens to kids out here. | 写写这里孩子的遭遇 |
[26:59] | What happens to girls. | 女孩们的遭遇 |
[27:11] | D-12, you around? Over. | D12 在吗 完毕 |
[27:18] | D-12. We’re here. | 我是D12 我们在 |
[27:20] | Got a call on the hotline. | 接到一通报警电话 |
[27:22] | Guy says he wants to talk to Lieutenant West. | 有个人说他想跟韦斯特副队长通话 |
[27:25] | Says he knows him. | 他说他们认识 |
[27:27] | What guy? Who? | 什么人 是谁 |
[27:30] | Gave us a number to call. | 他给了我们个电话号码 |
[27:33] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[27:58] | Y’all still together? | 你们还在一起吗 |
[28:01] | Right on. | 太好了 |
[28:03] | You’re a hard man to find. | 找你可真不容易 |
[28:08] | Where you been? | 你去哪了 |
[28:10] | Time being what it is, | 时间不等人 |
[28:11] | I imagine you boys would rather I stick to what’s relevant. | 我觉得我们应该聊些有意义的话题 |
[28:14] | Which is that justice might finally be done for Lucy and her kids. | 露西和她的孩子的正义终将被伸张 |
[28:19] | Gonna need you to make your fuckin’ point, Dan. | 他妈的说重点 丹 |
[28:22] | My point is Tom goin’ on TV, | 我的重点是汤姆上了电视 |
[28:26] | Julie bein’ alive. | 朱莉还活着 |
[28:28] | Now, there are questions that you cannot answer | 有些问题你们俩是回答不上来的 |
[28:29] | without what information I know. | 除非掌握我手上的信息 |
[28:31] | You know somethin’ you’re not sayin’, | 你没把知道的全说出来 |
[28:34] | we can put you away right now. | 我们现在就能把你关起来 |
[28:35] | Or we can take you somewhere, kick the hell out of you | 或者我们把你带走 痛扁一顿 |
[28:37] | till we’re convinced that you’re as full of shit as you look to me. | 直到我们相信你就像看起来一样鬼话连篇 |
[28:44] | – I want $7,000. – I want a boat. | -我要7000美元 -我还想要艘船呢 |
[28:47] | It’s clear from the news that y’all don’t know any more now | 新闻上说的很明显了 你们现在知道的信息 |
[28:50] | than you did then. | 跟当时一样多 |
[28:51] | But when you can deliver to me that amount, | 但如果你们给我弄到那笔钱 |
[28:54] | you’re gonna know a whole lot more. | 我会告诉你们很多信息 |
[28:56] | My imagine a whole lot of your confusion’s just gonna clear right up. | 我估计能解开你们很多疑点 |
[29:03] | You’re workin’ on gettin’ you’re head bounced off that fuckin’ curb. | 你这是在作死的边缘试探 |
[29:08] | I been gettin’ the shit beat outta me since I was two years old. | 我从两岁开始 就一直遭受虐待 |
[29:12] | Way before Lucy came to live with us. | 早在露西搬进来之前 |
[29:15] | – Live with you? – Yeah. | -搬进来 -没错 |
[29:16] | She moved in, she was four. After her mama passed. | 她住进我们家时四岁 那时她妈妈刚过世 |
[29:20] | Her and I, we sorta shared a lot of milestones, growin’ up. Hmm? | 我和她在成长的过程中共同经历了许多 |
[29:31] | First time we talked, | 第一次找你谈话时 |
[29:33] | it was clear that you can’t speak without lyin’. | 很明显你谎话连篇 |
[29:35] | Why should we believe you now? | 为什么现在我们该相信你 |
[29:39] | Hey, you ignore me if you want. | 你要是不想听就别听 |
[29:41] | But if you guys try musclin’ me, | 但是你们如果想强迫我 |
[29:43] | this ain’t gonna work out for anyone, hmm? | 谁也别想有好果子吃 |
[29:46] | Look, I got you out here because you lookin’ for Julie again, | 我把你们约出来是因为听说你们又开始找朱莉了 |
[29:49] | that means that right now, there are people tryin’ to make sure | 那就意味着此时此刻有一群人在设法确保 |
[29:51] | that none of your questions can ever be answered. | 你们的问题都没人回答 |
[29:53] | What people? | 什么人 |
[29:56] | People who do not renegotiate. | 不跟你讲道理的人 |
[30:00] | People it was in their interest, make Lucy look like she OD’d. | 那些让露西的死看起来像吸毒过量的人 |
[30:03] | What, you sayin’ she was murdered? | 你是说她是被谋杀的 |
[30:09] | Lucy, she had this problem– | 露西有个问题 |
[30:11] | self-defeatin’. Hmm? | 她总是自掘坟墓 |
[30:13] | She didn’t know when to stop pushin’. | 她不知道什么时候该停手 |
[30:16] | She’d push till she got what she want, | 她会一直坚持得到她想要的 |
[30:18] | and then she’d keep on pushin’ till she got what she didn’t want. | 然后还再继续直到得到她不想要的 |
[30:22] | Y’all ever know anybody like that? | 你们认识这种人吗 |
[30:23] | Let’s throw him in the hole for a week, | 把他扔小黑屋关一星期 |
[30:25] | see what he remembers then. | 看看他能想起来点什么 |
[30:26] | You think she has a week, hmm? | 你们认为她还能撑一个星期吗 |
[30:29] | I’ll just remember that I’m a sick person who got called away, | 到时候我能记得的就是我这个病人被警察传唤 |
[30:32] | carried up in his imagination, tellin’ stories to the police. | 满脑子胡思乱想 跟警察胡言乱语 |
[30:35] | And while y’all are threatenin’ me and beatin’ me and whatnot, | 但是在你们威胁我殴打我的时候 |
[30:38] | what you’re really doin’ | 你们真正做的 |
[30:39] | is makin’ sure that the truth of what happened | 是让事实的真相 |
[30:41] | vanishes from the face of the fuckin’ planet. | 从地球表面消失 |
[30:44] | What happened to her have anything to do with Tom? | 汤姆跟她的遭遇有关系吗 |
[30:49] | Man, y’all are really far off, aren’t you? | 兄弟 你们还真是一点头绪都没有 |
[30:52] | You think that I’d be scared of stickin’ my head above ground | 你以为我不敢抛头露面 |
[30:54] | ’cause of that little cocksucker? Shit. | 是因为害怕那个狗杂种吗 |
[30:56] | The people you’re sayin’ hurt Lucy– | 你说的伤害露西的人 |
[30:58] | that involve the kids? | 也想对孩子们不利吗 |
[31:00] | What– What am I– Yes, goddamnit. Yes. | 什么 废话 当然 |
[31:03] | It’s– It’s all about the kids. | 全都是为了孩子们 |
[31:06] | And my way is the only way this works for us. | 你们想知道就必须按我说的来 |
[31:09] | Now, you procure my funds, we meet back here, say, tomorrow, | 你们把钱准备好 我们在这里见面 |
[31:11] | maybe the next day, | 明天或许后天 |
[31:13] | you’re gonna see the solution to your problems. | 你们就知道怎么破案了 |
[31:15] | It’s gonna take more’n a couple days to put that money together. | 这么多钱需要好几天才能凑得齐 |
[31:18] | You ain’t got much longer’n that. | 你可没有好几天时间了 |
[31:20] | Like I keep sayin’, | 像我一直说的 |
[31:21] | you ain’ the only ones lookin’ for Julie. | 不是只有你们在找朱莉 |
[31:34] | You can’t be so fucked in the head where you’re thinkin’ | 你是不是脑子进水了 |
[31:36] | we’re gonna let you walk outta here. | 觉得我们会让你就这么离开 |
[31:41] | Hey, maybe I misspoke, hmm? | 或许我说错了 |
[31:44] | I mean, look at me. This basket case junkie, | 看看我这德行 我这个瘾君子 |
[31:47] | can’t tell night from day, takin’ up your valuable time. | 连黑天白天都分不清 还占用你们的宝贵时间 |
[31:50] | I mean, probably I’m just a crazy man you should ignore. | 也许你们应该无视我的疯言疯语 |
[31:53] | Oh, I speak crazy. I’m fuckin’ fluent. | 疯言疯语我说的可流利了 |
[32:00] | Tick-tock. Clock’s tickin’ for our girl out there, Detectives. | 留给朱莉的时间可不多了 探长们 |
[32:05] | And them others that are lookin’ for her, | 其他也在搜寻她的人 |
[32:06] | they got a serious head start on you all. | 他们领先了不少呢 |
[32:11] | Look, I’ll call you– day after tomorrow. | 我后天给你们打电话 |
[32:16] | Unless you all would rather | 除非你们想一直 |
[32:16] | we keep havin’ this fuckin’ staring contest. | 坐在这里比赛瞪眼 |
[32:35] | Maybe I’m a Nervous Nellie, | 我这人胆子小 |
[32:37] | but I catch any cops followin’ me, | 我要是发现有警察跟踪我 |
[32:39] | this shit’s off. | 这事就算了 |
[32:42] | Thanks for breakfast. | 多谢请客 |
[33:00] | Believe this? | 这你能信 |
[33:04] | Think he’s tellin’ the truth? | 他说的是实话吗 |
[33:06] | I think we need to get the phone records from Lucy’s hotel. | 我们得拿到露西旅馆的电话记录 |
[33:08] | Two years back. Yeah. | 两年前的 |
[33:12] | Think we need to figure out exactly where Tom was when she died. | 得弄清楚她死的时候汤姆在哪里 |
[33:16] | He didn’t like Tom for it. | 他不认为是汤姆 |
[33:20] | Well, I also think we oughta see about | 我们还得 |
[33:23] | requisitioning that seven thou. | 想办法弄来七千块钱 |
[33:27] | Keep eyes on this trash. | 盯住这个渣滓 |
[33:39] | Go on. You’re gettin’ out. | 走吧 你被释放了 |
[33:43] | I wanna see Lieutenant West. | 我要见韦斯特副队长 |
[33:46] | That’s not my problem. | 不关我事 |
[34:01] | That was the lieutenant. | 是副队长 |
[34:03] | They just had lunch with our dirtbag. | 他刚和那混蛋吃了午饭 |
[34:07] | How’s that? | 什么情况 |
[34:08] | The uncle or whatever. Dan O’Brien? | 那个叔叔什么的 丹·奥布莱恩 |
[34:11] | Met him some diner. | 他们在一个餐馆见了他 |
[34:13] | Says he has the whole story, wants a payout. | 他说自己知道实情 但是给钱才说 |
[34:15] | Fuck that. Give me an hour in a room with him. | 滚蛋 让我和他呆一个小时 |
[34:18] | And they want us to get phone records. | 他们想让我们调电话记录 |
[34:20] | Diamond Cactus Motel in Paradise, Nevada. | 内华达州天堂市的钻石仙人掌旅馆 |
[34:23] | Two years back. Lucy’s phone records. | 两年前露西的通话记录 |
[34:26] | Yeah, that’s good use of our time, huh? | 够我们找一阵了 |
[34:29] | Where’s O’Brien now? | 奥布莱恩现在在哪 |
[34:30] | They gave us a plate to run, | 他们给了我们个车牌号 |
[34:32] | but sounds like he’s still in the wind. | 但感觉不好找 |
[34:44] | You’re acting like a child. | 你跟个小孩一样 |
[34:45] | I’m not acting like a child. | 我不是小孩了 |
[34:46] | You don’t give a shit about anybody but yourself! | 你谁都不关心 只关心自己 |
[34:49] | OK, forget it! This was a mistake. | 算了吧 本来就是个错误 |
[35:06] | You’re smokin’ now? | 你怎么还抽烟 |
[35:08] | Seemed like time to stop deprivin’ myself. | 我得赶紧享福了 |
[35:28] | You gonna keep goin’ on with her… | 她拍完节目以后 |
[35:31] | after she’s done filmin’? | 你和她还要继续吗 |
[35:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:39] | Have a hard time seein’ you in New York City. | 我不认为你在纽约能混得开 |
[35:49] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[35:52] | I’m still your daddy, boy. | 我是你爹 |
[35:57] | Additionally, I was once a fair-to-middin’ detective. | 此外 我是个还算说得过去的警探 |
[36:06] | I feel bad. | 我挺难受 |
[36:08] | Heather. I mean, she’s a… | 海瑟 她有点 |
[36:10] | she’s a good woman, ya know? | 她人很好 |
[36:13] | She know about it? | 她知道吗 |
[36:19] | I gotta tell her, huh? | 我得告诉她 |
[36:23] | Are you leavin’ her? | 你要和她分了 |
[36:26] | No. | 不 |
[36:27] | You’re endin’ the other thing. | 那你就得和那个人分开 |
[36:30] | There’s something be said for truth just hurtin’ her. | 实话实说只会伤害她 |
[36:34] | Causin’ pain ’cause you feel guilty. | 因为你的内疚才导致痛苦 |
[36:37] | Is that fair? | 这样公平吗 |
[36:40] | You feelin’ better, she feelin’ worse? | 你舒服了 人家难受 |
[36:42] | I never did anything like this before, Pop, | 我从来没干过这样的事 爸 |
[36:44] | I want you to know that. | 这个你得知道 |
[36:45] | I didn’t plan it. Y’know, she just– | 我没有计划什么 |
[36:51] | She was just– she was exciting. | 她就是很激动 |
[36:53] | They’re excitin’, all right. | 她们都很激动 |
[36:55] | And me and Heather, it’s not like it used to be. | 我和海瑟的关系和以前不一样了 |
[37:00] | Nothin’ stays like it used to be. | 没有一成不变的东西 |
[37:09] | I been lookin’ at myself a lot. | 我一直在审视自己 |
[37:12] | And, um, I’m askin’ this question for me, so I know. | 我自己想问一个问题 |
[37:18] | What? | 什么 |
[37:21] | Did you find, um… | 你没有觉得 |
[37:25] | that I, uh… | 我 |
[37:30] | Did I teach you to withhold? | 我教过你要有所保留吗 |
[37:33] | I don’t understand the question. | 我不懂你的问题 |
[37:39] | I didn’t intend that. | 我没有那个意思 |
[37:41] | I didn’t realize it was happening. | 我当时没意识到发生了什么 |
[37:50] | I got those addresses you wanted… | 我拿到了你想要的地址 |
[37:55] | the names. | 那些名字 |
[37:59] | What are you plannin’? | 你在计划什么 |
[38:07] | Before you ever knew me, I… | 在你出生之前 我… |
[38:10] | I wasn’t scared much. | 我不曾害怕过 |
[38:13] | I wasn’t a fearful man. | 我是个无畏的人 |
[38:17] | I did things some people even called brave. | 我做了很多人们觉得很勇敢的事 |
[38:22] | Y’all made a coward of me. | 你们让我变得懦弱 |
[38:26] | I been terrified since the day you were born. | 从你出生的那天起我就变得很害怕 |
[38:30] | Maybe you know what I mean. | 也许你能理解我的意思 |
[38:36] | Can’t shrink from it. Can’t be stingy, son. | 别逃避 大胆一点 孩子 |
[38:39] | People you love– | 别对你爱的人 |
[38:43] | can’t hold it back, see? | 犹豫不决 明白吗 |
[38:46] | Can’t hold back anything. | 什么事都不要有所保留 |
[38:51] | I gotta make a phone call, Pop. | 我得去打电话了 老爸 |
[39:16] | Due to the shocking and horrific events three days ago, | 由于三天前发生的骇人听闻的恐怖事件 |
[39:20] | our offices have reached a conclusion | 警方针对威尔和朱莉·珀塞尔的案子 |
[39:23] | in the case of Will and Julie Purcell. | 得出了结论 |
[39:27] | New evidence suggests that Brett Woodard murdered both children. | 新证据表明布雷特·伍达德谋杀了两个孩子 |
[39:32] | Now, we will pursue a conviction in absentia, | 我们将基于他所犯下的残酷罪行 |
[39:36] | due to the terrible nature of his crimes, | 进行缺席审判 |
[39:39] | and it is our hope | 我们希望 |
[39:41] | that the community will begin to heal | 这个社区能从这些耸人听闻的 |
[39:43] | from these events which have shaken us all. | 事件中逐渐恢复 |
[39:45] | Have they found the girl’s remains? | 找到女孩的遗体了吗 |
[39:47] | We have evidence, | 我们已有证据 |
[39:48] | but I don’t wish to say more under the present circumstances. | 但在目前的情况下 我不便透露 |
[39:51] | Was Woodard under investigation? | 伍达德当时有在接受调查吗 |
[39:53] | He was very much a person of interest. We were lookin’ at him. | 他是重要嫌犯 我们已经在调查他了 |
[39:55] | Were you close to an arrest, is that why he snapped? | 你们是不是就要抓捕了 所以他才发狂了 |
[39:58] | I believe it’s very likely that the pressure, maybe the guilt, | 我想很可能是外界的压力或是罪恶感 |
[40:01] | drove him to explode before he could be brought to trial. | 在他被送上法庭前就让他走上了自杀的道路 |
[40:04] | But make no mistake– that was an act of suicide | 但别误会 那是起自杀事件 |
[40:07] | where he wanted to take as many with him as he could. | 他只是想让更多的人陪着他一起死 |
[40:10] | Brett Woodard was interrogated early on, correct? | 布雷特·伍达德早先被审问过 对吗 |
[40:13] | Why wasn’t he held during the time of questioning? | 他为什么没有在审问期间被拘留 |
[40:16] | A lack of evidence. | 缺乏证据 |
[40:18] | We are bound by our common law, | 我们受法律约束 |
[40:19] | which preserve the rights of all men, even those | 法律保护所有人的权利 甚至包括那些 |
[40:21] | as malignant and as vicious as Mr. Woodard. | 像伍达德先生一样罪恶的人 |
[40:28] | Mrs. Purcell. Do you have a statement at this time? | 珀塞尔夫人 你想说些什么吗 |
[40:31] | Leave me the fuck alone is my statement. | 我想说的就是别他妈来烦我 |
[40:33] | – Do you feel justice has been done? – Justice?! | -你觉得正义得到了伸张吗 -正义 |
[40:36] | The fuck are you talking about? What’s that even mean, huh? | 你他妈在说什么 你这是在干什么 |
[40:38] | – Here? Now? – Mrs. Purcell– | -在这种地方 现在采访我 -珀塞尔夫人 |
[40:40] | Just leave her alone. This is harassment. | 别烦她了 你这是骚扰 |
[40:42] | It’s my job. I’m just trying to get the story right. | 这是我的工作 我只是想如实报道 |
[40:45] | If I don’t, someone else’ll get it wrong. | 如果我不这样做 人们也许会不知道真相 |
[40:46] | That is no excuse. | 别找理由 |
[40:48] | The fuck do you want, teacher? | 那你又想干什么 老师 |
[40:49] | I just want to apologize for how we left things– | 我只想道歉 我们上次见面… |
[40:51] | Don’t apologize to me. Ever. For anything. | 别向我道歉 永远 不管为了什么 |
[40:56] | You two bitches, you two talk to each other. | 你们两个婊子 你们俩聊吧 |
[40:58] | Make up a story on your own. | 你们自己编个故事 |
[41:32] | Be ironic, that shitbird clears Tom. | 讽刺的是 那个混蛋洗清了汤姆的嫌疑 |
[41:43] | It’s somethin’, isn’t it? | 这不是件小事 是吧 |
[41:45] | How quick this town died. | 这个小镇这么快就死去了 |
[41:48] | Didn’t die. Got murdered. | 不是死去 而是被人谋杀了 |
[41:52] | We oughta look at who else | 我们应该查查还有谁有可能 |
[41:54] | mighta planted the backpack and shirt. | 栽赃设计了背包和上衣 |
[41:57] | Coulda been anybody. | 可能是任何人 |
[41:59] | But I wouldn’t clear Tom just yet. The man had secrets. | 但我不会就这么排除汤姆的 他有秘密 |
[42:04] | Get back to the office, wanna look up that church program. | 回到办公室 我想查查教会的事 |
[42:07] | More co-workers. | 多问几个他的同事 |
[42:11] | Wait. Where we goin’? | 等下 我们这是去哪儿 |
[42:14] | I’m takin’ you home. Whatcha think? | 我送你回家 你以为呢 |
[42:16] | I’m not goin’ home. I’m workin’. | 我不回家 我还要工作 |
[42:18] | It’ll still be there in the mornin’. | 那些工作明早还在 |
[42:20] | Come on, man. O’Brien? | 拜托 伙计 奥布莱恩 |
[42:23] | We got the scent. | 我们现在有线索了 |
[42:25] | Let’s get back, strategize, | 我们回去一起想想策略 |
[42:27] | maybe talk to somebody in Vice about the queer underground. | 还可以向风化组的人问下地下同性恋的事 |
[42:29] | Just stop, all right? | 别这样 行吗 |
[42:32] | You don’t wanna go home, don’t go home. | 你不想回家 别回家 |
[42:34] | But don’t make it the job. | 但别借口说要工作 |
[42:35] | Maybe we just work it different. | 也许我们只是工作方式不同 |
[42:37] | Oh, yeah, we work it different. | 是的 我们工作方式不同 |
[42:39] | – I just said. – And I agreed. | -我只是说说 -我同意你说的 |
[42:41] | That’s why I’m where I’m at, and you– | 这就是为什么我现在是这样 而你 |
[42:43] | What? | 什么 |
[42:45] | Me what? | 我怎么了 |
[42:47] | You’re you. | 你就是你 |
[42:50] | – Pull over. – What? | -停车 -什么 |
[42:52] | Stop the fuckin’ car. | 把这该死的车停下 |
[42:53] | What are you, a prom queen? | 你干什么 以为自己是舞会皇后吗 |
[42:55] | I hurt your feelin’s, | 我伤害到你的感情 |
[42:56] | you’re just gonna storm off? | 你要愤懑地离开吗 |
[43:00] | You fuckin’ kiddin’ me?! This kindergarten shit? | 你他妈在逗我吗 小孩子一样发脾气 |
[43:03] | Where you think you’re goin’? | 你要去哪里 |
[43:04] | I don’t care so much about my timecard. | 我不在乎什么考勤 |
[43:06] | I’m workin’. | 我在工作 |
[43:12] | People see your black ass skulkin’ around, | 看到你这黑鬼在这鬼鬼祟祟地晃荡 |
[43:15] | you’re gonna get yourself shot! | 会有人开枪打你的 |
[43:19] | Prick. | 蠢货 |
[44:04] | Tom Purses. | 汤姆·珀西斯 |
[44:06] | Fuck you doin’ here? | 你他妈在这干嘛 |
[44:08] | Smart mouth. | 牙尖嘴利 |
[44:10] | For a smart guy, you’re awful sloppy. | 对一个聪明人来说 你太大意了 |
[44:13] | Same place you used to come to slam meth | 以前你不在压榨我们时 |
[44:15] | when you weren’t leechin’ off of us. | 就在这地方嗑冰毒 |
[44:18] | Don’t really feel like catchin’ up just now, Tommy. | 不是很想和你叙旧 汤米 |
[44:30] | Hey, you know, there’s a rest stop up the road. | 路那面有一个休息站 |
[44:32] | Saw a glory hole in the back stall, | 厕所隔间墙上有个寻欢洞 |
[44:34] | you need somethin’ to do. | 如果你想找点事干的话 |
[44:42] | Heard you’re wantin’ a payout. | 听说你要一笔报酬 |
[44:43] | Let’s pretend each of these bullets is a thousand bucks. | 那就假装这里面一颗子弹是一千美金 |
[44:46] | Hold on now, Tom. | 等一等 汤姆 |
[44:47] | You ain’t got no problem with me. | 我们之间没有什么矛盾 |
[44:49] | I know we ain’t been buddies, but you got no call for this here. | 我知道我们不是朋友 但你也没必要这样做 |
[44:51] | You know something, you son of a bitch! | 你知道些什么 你个混蛋 |
[44:53] | What is it?! What are you sellin’ the cops?! | 到底是什么 你在跟警察做什么交易 |
[44:56] | Just point that gun down now, Tom. | 先把枪放下 汤姆 |
[44:58] | Please. You’re makin’ me real nervous here. | 拜托 你真的搞得我很紧张 |
[45:01] | You been drinkin’, man? I thought you quit that. | 你喝酒了 老兄 我以为你戒了 |
[45:04] | – What do you know? – Nothin’! Just nothin’! | -你都知道些什么 -什么都不知道 |
[45:06] | – Bullshit! – OK, hold on, hold on. | -胡说 -等等 冷静 |
[45:09] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. I’ll tell ya. I’ll tell ya. | 等等 等等 我告诉你 我告诉你 |
[45:14] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[45:35] | Get up, motherfucker. | 起来 混蛋 |
[45:42] | I’m gonna shoot your dick off. | 我要你的屌打下来 |
[45:44] | And then your knees, and then maybe your ears… | 然后是你的膝盖 接着也许是耳朵 |
[45:47] | What the fuck are you talkin’ about, man? | 你他妈在说什么 老兄 |
[45:48] | Julie! When you stayin’ in Will’s room, | 朱莉 你待在威尔房间时 |
[45:52] | you were spyin’ on her. | 你在偷窥她 |
[45:53] | Made a peephole in Will’s closet | 在威尔的房间弄了个猫眼 |
[45:55] | so you could watch her get dressed. | 你就可以看她换衣服 |
[45:56] | I never– I would never– | 我从没 我从来没有 |
[45:58] | I don’t know what you’re talkin’ about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[46:00] | I’ll figure out where to put the last bullet when I get there. | 我会想出最后一颗子弹打哪 |
[46:03] | Goddamnit, listen to me. Listen to me! | 该死的 听我说 听我说 |
[46:11] | I don’t know nothin’ about no peephole. | 我对猫眼一无所知 |
[46:14] | All right? I’d never do nothin’ like that. | 好吗 我永远不会做那种事 |
[46:17] | – Julie? She was– – Where is she?! | -朱莉 她… -她在哪 |
[46:20] | – I don’t know! – Where’s my daughter?! | -我不知道 -我女儿在哪 |
[46:21] | – I don’t know! – You lyin’ motherfucker! | -我不知道 -你他妈的在说谎 |
[46:24] | You ever ask yourself where Lucy got the money to run off? | 你有没有想过露西哪来的钱逃走 |
[46:27] | Or what she was livin’ off | 或是她去世前这八年 |
[46:28] | for all them eight years before she died? | 她靠什么生活 |
[46:31] | Say what you’re sayin’, goddamnit! | 你说清楚点 该死的 |
[46:33] | I’m sayin’– I’m sayin’ I know who was payin’ her. | 我是说 我是说我知道给她钱的是谁 |
[46:37] | Listen, man, I know who was payin’ her | 听着 老兄 我知道给她钱的是谁 |
[46:40] | and who would have a problem if she asked for more. | 如果她要更多钱 谁会不满 |
[46:42] | That’s all I was gonna give the cops, man! | 这就是我要告诉警察的 老兄 |
[46:44] | That’s all I was gonna give the cops. A name. Shit. | 这就是我要告诉警察的 一个名字 妈的 |
[46:47] | Just a man’s name. | 一个人的名字 |
[46:52] | All right, you dumbshit. | 好吧 混蛋 |
[46:55] | Give me a reason not to murder you. | 给我一个不杀死你的理由 |
[49:02] | They were passin’ notes. | 他们在传纸条 |
[49:08] | Little notes were the kids. | 小孩子间传话 |
[49:10] | The hole in the wall. That’s what it was for. | 墙上的洞就是用来干这个的 |
[49:15] | That’s right. That’s correct. | 没错 没错 |
[49:19] | Yeah, that director woman. | 那个女导演 |
[49:24] | She mentioned Harris James. Again. | 她又提到了哈里斯·詹姆斯 |
[49:29] | Are you sure you know what you’re doin’ with her? | 你确定你知道你在和她做什么吗 |
[49:33] | Well, if I don’t– | 不然的话… |
[49:37] | What’d O’Brien tell us? | 奥布莱恩怎么和我们说的 |
[49:40] | “I’m just a sick man.” | “我只是一个病人” |
[49:46] | I got a list of the… names, addresses. | 我有一些…名字和地址 |
[49:50] | A former domestic, | 有以前的当地人 |
[49:52] | Hoyt’s house. | 霍伊特的家 |
[49:54] | Harris James’ widow. | 哈里斯·詹姆斯的寡妇 |
[49:56] | What you think we’re gonna do? | 你觉得我们该怎么办 |
[50:05] | Take a leak. | 我去撒个尿 |
[50:57] | Roland? | 罗兰 |
[51:03] | Hey, man. | 伙计 |
[51:09] | How ya doin’? | 你好吗 |
[51:12] | Good, man. | 很好 伙计 |
[51:14] | How you doin’? | 你好吗 |
[51:18] | Uh, all right. | 还好 |
[51:21] | All right. | 还好 |
[51:24] | You been spendin’ a lot of time in here, I guess. | 我想你肯定经常待在这房间里 |
[51:28] | I don’t think I sleep much. | 我睡得不多 |
[51:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[51:39] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[51:42] | Go to the window. | 去窗边看看 |
[51:44] | See if there’s a dark sedan idlin’ down the street. | 看看街上有没有辆深色轿车在游荡 |
[51:50] | Ok. | 好的 |
[52:07] | Naw, man. | 没有 伙计 |
[52:10] | Nothin’ out there. | 外面什么都没有 |
[52:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[52:20] | You been seein’ a car? | 你最近有看到车 |
[52:26] | How ya been, Roland? | 你好吗 罗兰 |
[52:29] | Been doin’ some readin’. | 你在读书啊 |
[52:34] | I never read it all the way. | 我从来没有从头读完过 |
[52:37] | She never minded. | 她也不介意 |
[52:39] | Good-lookin’ woman. | 她真美 |
[52:42] | That she was. | 的确 |
[52:52] | It’s 2015, isn’t it? | 现在是2015年吧 |
[52:56] | That’s right, pal. | 是的 伙计 |
[53:01] | “A lost child is a void | “失踪的孩子就是 |
[53:03] | that echoes backwards and forwards in time. | 在时光中回荡的虚无 |
[53:06] | It encompasses not just the rooms you were in with them | 不仅包括了你如今再也不能与他们 |
[53:09] | and are no longer, | 共处的过去 |
[53:12] | or even those rooms you will never enter together. | 还有那些你再也不能和他们共度的未来 |
[53:17] | The negation is deeper. | 这种否定是更深层次的 |
[53:19] | It is the knowledge that in every room you enter | 是意识到你余生经历的 |
[53:22] | for the rest of your life, | 所有事情 |
[53:24] | they should be there, and are not. | 他们都应该和你一起 但他们并没有 |
[53:27] | And your memories of them become totems to that absence. | 你对他们的记忆将会变成他们缺席的标记 |
[53:32] | A lost child… | 失踪的孩子 |
[53:35] | is a story that’s never allowed to end.” | 就是一个永远写不完的故事” |
[53:43] | Mrs. Hays will answer a few questions, | 海斯太太会回答几个问题 |
[53:46] | and afterward she’ll be signing copies right here. | 然后她会在这进行签售 |
[53:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:51] | Ah, are there any questions? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[53:53] | They sayin’… | 他们说 |
[53:56] | the girl alive now? | 那个女孩现在还活着吗 |
[53:59] | There were fingerprints found recently, yes. | 最近的确找到了指纹 |
[54:02] | I’m writing about the new investigation now. | 我已经着手开始写有关最新调查的书了 |
[54:06] | You got any idea where she is? | 你知道她在哪里吗 |
[54:12] | Do they? | 他们知道吗 |
[54:16] | Uh, no. Nobody does. | 不 没人知道 |
[54:21] | – Are you– – And what about your book? | -你 -那你的书呢 |
[54:25] | You got any theory here? | 你这里写了什么推论吗 |
[54:27] | You got some idea ’bout where she’s at? | 你知道她在哪里吗 |
[54:31] | Well, this– | 这个 |
[54:34] | I wrote it when she was believed dead. | 我是在她推定死亡时写下这本书的 |
[54:37] | So you don’t know nothin’. | 所以你什么都不知道 |
[54:39] | You just… | 你就是 |
[54:41] | you just makin’ your money… | 你就是榨取他们的痛苦 |
[54:44] | and milkin’ they pain. | 赚你的钱 |
[54:45] | Sir, the author has never claimed– | 先生 作者从来没说过… |
[54:46] | Shame on you, woman! | 你真可悲 女人 |
[55:03] | Dolls. | 娃娃 |
[57:40] | The hell? | 这是什么 |
[57:44] | Julie? | 朱莉 |