时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | A good man’s dead ’cause we pushed him, | 一个好人死了 就因为我们逼他逼得太紧 |
[00:09] | knowin’ we didn’t like him for it, | 即便我们并不认为是他干的 |
[00:11] | seeing how he was takin’ it. | 看到了他是如何承受那一切的 |
[00:13] | We did that. | 都是我们干的 |
[00:16] | I’m thinking about Tom. Thinking about that note. | 我在想汤姆 想那遗书 |
[00:16] | 我很抱歉 请原谅我 我去见我的妻儿了 | |
[00:19] | You see him typin’ it? | 你觉得他会打字吗 |
[00:21] | So, you don’t know nothin’? | 所以你什么都不知道 |
[00:22] | You just makin’ your money, and milkin’ they pain. | 你就是榨取他们的痛苦赚你的钱 |
[00:25] | Looks like this man with one eye | 这个独眼男人在1980年的万圣节 |
[00:28] | gave Julie a doll in 1980. | 给了朱莉一个娃娃 |
[00:30] | Do you know who these people are? | 你认识这些人吗 |
[00:31] | Two ghosts? | 这两个幽灵 |
[00:33] | In 2012, two former Louisiana State Police stopped | 2012年 两名前路易斯安那州警阻止了 |
[00:36] | a serial killer associated with some kind of pedophile ring. | 一名连环杀手 此人与某个恋童癖组织有关 |
[00:40] | I think what happened to the Purcell children was connected. | 我认为发生在珀塞尔家孩子身上的事与之有关 |
[00:42] | With the cousin’s help. | 有那位堂弟的帮忙 |
[00:43] | I think their parents sold them off. | 我认为他们父母把他们卖掉了 |
[00:45] | Hoyt. He got something for kids. | 霍伊特 他是不是拿东西给了小孩 |
[00:50] | Now it’s all gone! Done! Whatever he knew, gone! | 现在好了 人死了 问不出他知道什么了 |
[00:54] | I need to know everything. | 我要知道所有事 |
[00:56] | You gotta just trust me. | 你要相信我 |
[00:58] | Detective Wayne Hays. | 韦恩·海斯警探 |
[01:00] | Edward Hoyt. | 爱德华·霍伊特 |
[02:42] | “What will become of you and me… | “除了照片和回忆 |
[02:46] | besides the photo and the memory? | 我们还有什么 |
[02:50] | This is the school in which we learn. | 这是我们成长的学校 |
[02:54] | 西芬格 公立学校 | |
[02:54] | That time is the fire in which we burn. | 时光是我们燃烧的火焰 |
[02:58] | 阿肯色州立大学 韦恩·海斯 校园安全主管 | |
[03:00] | What is the self amidst this blaze? | 火光中会绽放出怎样的自我 |
[03:04] | What am I now that I was then, | 我现在是什么 曾经又是什么 |
[03:06] | which I shall suffer and act again? | 我是否又将重蹈覆辙 |
[03:11] | The children shouting are bright as they run. | 孩子们欢笑着 奔跑着 |
[03:15] | This is the school in which they learn. | 这是他们成长的学校 |
[03:19] | What am I now that I was then? | 我现在是什么 曾经又是什么 |
[03:22] | May memory restore again and again… | 愿回忆不断重现 |
[03:25] | the smallest color of the smallest day. | 最渺小的一天中最渺小的色彩 |
[03:28] | Time is the school in which we learn. | 时光是我们成长的学校 |
[03:32] | Time is the fire in which we burn.” | 时光是我们燃烧的火焰” |
[03:52] | Tourin’ backroads? | 往小路开 |
[03:56] | I’ve seen ’em all. | 我都见识过 |
[04:00] | Wanted privacy. | 不想被人打扰 |
[04:04] | My hope being that we could resolve this situation, | 希望我们可以解决现在面临的问题 |
[04:07] | just the two of us. | 我们俩 |
[04:12] | What situation is that? | 什么问题 |
[04:15] | Don’t do that. | 别这么做 |
[04:18] | You got in the car. You know what this is about. | 你既然上了车 就知道是怎么回事 |
[04:49] | You were army, correct? | 你当过兵 对吗 |
[04:52] | Recon. | 侦察兵 |
[04:55] | Saw combat? | 打过仗吗 |
[04:58] | Many times. | 很多次 |
[05:03] | I was 7th Infantry. | 我曾经是第七步兵团的 |
[05:06] | Korea. | 朝鲜战争 |
[05:07] | Chosin. | 韩国 |
[05:10] | We took all the casualties so the Marines could turn tail. | 我们死伤无数 海军陆战队逃之夭夭 |
[05:15] | Thirty below zero. | 零下30度 |
[05:18] | Lost about 5,000 men. | 死了五千人 |
[05:22] | I wouldn’t imagine a man like you | 我可没想过你这样的人 |
[05:24] | meets a man like me to trade war stories. | 和我这样的人聊战争故事 |
[05:28] | We’re both soldiers. | 我们都是战士 |
[05:31] | You understand triage. | 你知道什么是伤员鉴别分类 |
[05:36] | My man Harris James. | 哈里斯·詹姆斯 |
[05:39] | I want to know what happened to him. | 我想知道他出了什么事 |
[05:43] | Somethin’ happen to him? | 他出事了 |
[05:47] | Spoke a couple days ago up at your offices. | 几天前在你的办公室刚跟他见过面 |
[05:51] | Don’t start off by lyin’ to me, Mr. Hays. | 别一上来就骗我 海斯先生 |
[05:56] | The last time I saw him, all we did was talk. | 我最后一次见到他时只和他谈了谈 |
[05:59] | What’d you talk about? | 你们谈了什么 |
[06:03] | Julie Purcell. | 朱莉·珀塞尔 |
[06:06] | That’s the girl went missin’, been in the news again recent. | 就是那个失踪的女孩 最近又有新闻报道她 |
[06:12] | What’d he say about her? | 他都说了些什么 |
[06:15] | Can’t talk details since it’s ongoin’. | 不能告诉你细节 因为现在还在调查中 |
[06:18] | But you think Harris had something to do with this girl? | 但你认为哈里斯跟那女孩的案子有关系 |
[06:22] | Yes, sir, I believe he did. | 是的 先生 我相信他有 |
[06:25] | Him and some others. | 他和其他人 |
[06:29] | And you got no idea where he might be? | 而你完全不知道他人可能在哪儿 |
[06:35] | Might be he took off– we got him worried. | 他可能跑路了 我们吓着他了 |
[06:39] | Cameras all around corporate. | 公司周围到处都是监控 |
[06:42] | Access roads to the plant, everywhere. | 还有通向厂区的路上 到处都是 |
[06:46] | Video of Harris’s car pullin’ out of the gate. | 监控里哈里斯的车开出了大门 |
[06:49] | Followed a minute later by your cruiser. | 一分钟后就看到你的警车跟了上去 |
[06:53] | Just had to follow up with some questions. | 我只是想做些跟进调查 |
[06:57] | Man’s a hell of a talker. | 那家伙太能说会道 |
[06:59] | I give you chance after chance to speak plainly to me, | 我不停地给你机会让你对我说真话 |
[07:03] | and you keep throwin’ shit in my face. | 而你却不断打我的脸 |
[07:07] | You know, sir… | 你知道 先生 |
[07:09] | I’ve always respected you and your family. | 我一直很尊重你和你的家人 |
[07:16] | Family. | 家人 |
[07:20] | That’s what it’s– | 这才是重点 |
[07:25] | We only had the one. | 我们这辈子就只有一个真爱 |
[07:29] | Then Ellen got sick. | 结果艾伦生病了 |
[07:34] | Now our child’s gone too. | 现在我们的孩子也走了 |
[07:44] | Somethin’ you want to get off your chest, sir? | 你有什么想说的吗 先生 |
[07:50] | Nobody’s gonna hear it but us. | 除了我们不会有其他人知道 |
[07:57] | Mr. Hoyt. | 霍伊特先生 |
[08:00] | You wanna tell me about Julie Purcell? | 你想跟我谈谈朱莉·珀塞尔的事吗 |
[08:03] | I don’t know about Julie Purcell. | 关于朱莉·珀塞尔我什么都不知道 |
[08:06] | I’m in the fuckin’ dark. | 我他妈一直被蒙在鼓里 |
[08:10] | And, well… | 而且 |
[08:13] | I guess Harris didn’t talk enough after all. | 看来哈里斯也不是那么能说会道 |
[08:18] | We know about the kids’ uncle. | 我们知道孩子们舅舅的事 |
[08:21] | The phone calls from the mother, Lucy. | 还有母亲露西打的那些电话 |
[08:25] | Harris goin’ to Vegas, same time she OD’ed. | 哈里斯去了维加斯 同一时间她吸毒过量 |
[08:29] | What I know? | 我又知道什么 |
[08:31] | Harris’s work beeper, newest thing. | 哈里斯有个工作传呼 最新科技 |
[08:35] | Has a little computer chip | 有个小芯片 |
[08:37] | keyed to our corporate system. | 直接连通到我们公司的系统 |
[08:40] | Includes a GPS signal. | 还能发出GPS信号 |
[08:43] | And I have exact coordinates | 我在电池耗尽之前 |
[08:45] | where Harris last was before it went dead. | 提取出了信号坐标 |
[08:50] | Now, you bein’ the law, | 现在 你是执法机关 |
[08:53] | and me an interested party, | 而我是相关第三方 |
[08:56] | should the two of us go out to those woods, | 我们两个是不是应该离开这林子 |
[08:59] | see if we can’t find Harris James? | 看看能不能找到哈里斯 |
[09:01] | And can you tell me, Mr. Hays… | 你能不能告诉我 海斯先生 |
[09:04] | are we gonna need fuckin’ shovels? | 我们他妈需不需要带上铲子 |
[09:08] | You wanna swap confessions? | 你想交换口供吗 |
[09:11] | Just what is it you think I did? | 你觉得我做了什么 |
[09:15] | That’s why you bring me here. | 所以你才会带我来这 |
[09:16] | So you could see how much I know. | 你想看看我知道多少 |
[09:21] | Word is your investigation ended. | 我听说你的调查已经结束了 |
[09:24] | So we’re done now. | 所以我们没什么好说的 |
[09:26] | They can do what they want with the investigation. | 随便他们怎么控制调查行动 |
[09:28] | That’s not gonna stop me from lookin’. | 那并不意味着我会停止调查 |
[09:30] | You heard that hotline call. | 你听到了那通热线电话 |
[09:32] | Sounds like she doesn’t want to be found. | 听起来她不想被找到 |
[09:36] | Maybe, Mr. Hays, best thing you could do for that young woman | 海斯先生 也许你能对那姑娘做的最好的事 |
[09:40] | is leave her in peace. | 就是别再烦她 |
[09:42] | Hard walkin’ away knowin’ people mean to do her harm. | 明知有人要伤害她 我没法坐视不理 |
[09:48] | If the police ain’t lookin’ for her, | 如果警方不再找她 |
[09:50] | and you’re not, | 而你也不找了 |
[09:52] | can’t imagine anybody else’d be. | 没法想象还有别人会找她 |
[09:55] | In fact, I can practically guarantee it. | 事实上 我能保证绝对不会有 |
[10:00] | Otherwise… | 否则 |
[10:02] | could be you’re givin’ these people you mention | 你可能会给你提到的这些人 |
[10:05] | reason to find her. | 继续寻找她的理由 |
[10:07] | See? | 明白了吗 |
[10:09] | You don’t drop it… | 你如果不放弃 |
[10:13] | there’s others can’t either. | 那其他人也不会停止 |
[10:18] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[10:21] | Just tell me what happened! | 告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[10:23] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[10:25] | Do I look like a man with fuckin’ answers?! | 我看着像知道答案吗 |
[10:29] | Maybe one day I’ll come see you. | 有天我也许会去找你 |
[10:33] | Try havin’ this talk again. | 聊完这件事 |
[10:36] | That you hopin’ to get your balls back? | 你是想把场子找回来 |
[10:40] | Or truly wantin’ me to regard you as a threat? | 还是想让我把你视作威胁 |
[10:45] | Think about what that’d mean to your family– | 试想这对你家庭的影响 |
[10:48] | you bein’ a murderer and all. | 你成了谋杀犯 |
[10:50] | Think about what it’d mean for that girl. | 试想这对那个姑娘的影响 |
[10:55] | Mr. Hays, do you want me to feel threatened? | 海斯先生 你想威胁我吗 |
[11:09] | I’ll let you find your own way back. | 你自己回去吧 |
[11:22] | No way Harris woulda run off. | 哈里斯不会出走的 |
[11:25] | He loved his family. | 他爱自己的家人 |
[11:27] | He was a wonderful father. | 他是个好父亲 |
[11:30] | I’m sorry ’bout that. | 我很遗憾 |
[11:33] | Wonderin’ if maybe you could speak toward an old associate of your husband’s. | 你能否跟你丈夫的老同事谈谈 |
[11:38] | Was a black man with one eye. | 是位独眼黑人男性 |
[11:41] | You ever see your husband with someone like that? | 你见你丈夫跟这样的人打过交道吗 |
[11:44] | Know who it might be? | 可能认识吗 |
[11:49] | Why are you asking? | 怎么这么问 |
[11:52] | We’re trying to find a person in connection with somethin’ else. | 我们想找和其他事可能有联系的人 |
[11:56] | Description come up a few times, | 好几次都有人提到了这个人 |
[11:58] | we can’t get a name. | 却不知道名字 |
[12:01] | You sure you never saw a man like that? | 你确定没见过这样的人吗 |
[12:09] | A man like that came by the house. | 有个这样的人来过家里 |
[12:13] | Few weeks after Harris disappeared. | 哈里斯失踪几周后 |
[12:16] | I don’t like to think about it. | 我不愿意回想起那个时候 |
[12:18] | I was upset at the time. | 我当时被吓到了 |
[12:21] | He had, uh, one white eye and a scar. | 他有只眼睛生了翳 结了疤 |
[12:24] | He said he knew Harris. | 他说他认识哈里斯 |
[12:26] | He upset me. | 他吓到我了 |
[12:28] | Did he want somethin’? | 他想干什么 |
[12:29] | He asked did I know if Harris had found the girl. | 他问我知不知道哈里斯找没找到那个女孩 |
[12:34] | I thought maybe– maybe he meant Harris | 我以为 他的意思是哈里斯 |
[12:37] | hadn’t been faithful to me. I– | 没有跟我说实话 我… |
[12:39] | – I ran him off. – Tell you his name? | -我赶走了他 -有说名字吗 |
[12:41] | He introduced himself as Junius somethin’. | 他自称为琼尼厄斯什么的 |
[12:45] | He upset me. I made him leave. | 他吓到我了 我赶走了他 |
[12:50] | Junius. | 琼尼厄斯 |
[12:54] | You wanna bet that’s Mr. June? | 你觉得是琼先生吗 |
[12:58] | Makin’ his name Junius Watts, maybe? | 也许他就叫琼尼厄斯·瓦茨 |
[13:03] | Worth a try. | 值得一试 |
[13:05] | I checked with a gal from state records about the Hoyt place. | 我问了下管理霍伊特工厂档案的姑娘 |
[13:10] | Been held in trust by the estate. | 那地方由房地产信托代管 |
[13:14] | Nobody’s livin’ there. | 没人住 |
[13:18] | So? | 说明 |
[13:19] | The old maid– the other day? | 那天的老女佣 |
[13:23] | She talked about some area they couldn’t go. | 她说有个地方不准他们进 |
[13:27] | I wanna look at it. | 我想去看看 |
[13:35] | I guess you’re lead detective now, Lieutenant. | 现在你是负责的警探了 副队长 |
[13:42] | Goddamn right I am. | 那可不 |
[13:46] | You couldn’t help yourself, could you? | 你就是忍不住 是吧 |
[13:51] | Sir? | 长官 |
[13:53] | “Purcell Investigation | “珀赛尔一案 |
[13:54] | brought to False Conclusion. | 是错案 |
[13:56] | Sources Say Case Far from Solved.” | 有消息称案子根本没破” |
[14:01] | And what sources, Detective Hays, | 哪来的消息 海斯警探 |
[14:04] | could this headline be alluding to? | 这头条说的是哪来的消息 |
[14:08] | I-I didn’t know– | 我不知道 |
[14:09] | We’re lookin’ at suin’ your little girlfriend. | 我们考虑起诉你的女友 |
[14:13] | I haven’t read the papers. | 我还没看报纸 |
[14:18] | “An anonymous source in the investigation | “内部匿名消息坚称 |
[14:20] | insists that there are a number of clues | 珀赛尔一案 |
[14:22] | and suspicious facts of the Purcell case | 有些线索和疑点被忽视了 |
[14:24] | that are being ignored in favor of a hasty conviction | 目的是给西芬格枪手 |
[14:27] | of the West Finger shooter.” | 迅速定罪” |
[14:30] | Your man here, he’s suggested you got taken advantage. | 你搭档 他说你被利用了 |
[14:34] | Like you’re too pussy-struck to have known what she was doin’. | 说你精虫上脑 没意识到她在干什么 |
[14:37] | We think you owe the department your own op-ed. | 我们认为你也应该写篇评论 |
[14:40] | You’re gonna write a statement | 你要写一个声明 |
[14:42] | explaining that fragments of hearsay | 说那些传闻的引用 |
[14:44] | were used without your consent, | 没有经过你的许可 |
[14:46] | facts were misrepresented, | 是歪曲事实 |
[14:48] | that the woman who wrote this | 那篇文章是那个女的自己写的 |
[14:49] | did so without your cooperation. | 不关你的事 |
[15:01] | I’m not much of a writer. | 我不太擅长写作 |
[15:03] | Well, we’ll write it for you. | 我们会替你写 |
[15:06] | All you gotta do is sign. | 你只要签名就行了 |
[15:09] | – Purple! Think about it– – Say “thank you,” Wayne. | -老普 考虑考 -说”谢谢” 韦恩 |
[15:19] | Just make it right, man. | 做正确的事 伙计 |
[15:21] | You got carried away. Walk it back now. | 你上头了 现在该回头了 |
[15:26] | If I don’t? | 如果我不同意呢 |
[15:28] | D Company needs a new Public Information officer. | D队需要一个新的公共信息官 |
[15:32] | Administration. | 去坐办公室 |
[15:33] | You’ll never work another Major Crimes investigation. | 再也不能在重案组查案 |
[15:38] | Or… you could just quit. | 或者 你可以直接辞职 |
[15:56] | You are one lucky mother. | 你个幸运的家伙 |
[16:01] | You know how hard I had to work, | 你知道我费了多大劲 |
[16:03] | get them to give you another shot? | 才让他们再给你一次机会 |
[16:05] | – Appreciate it. – Yeah. | -谢了 -没什么 |
[16:08] | Hey, uh, listen to me. – | 听着 |
[16:12] | You don’t ever do any kind of shit like this to me again. | 你不可以再背着我做这种事了 |
[16:16] | I can’t figure what you were thinking. | 我都不知道你是怎么想的 |
[16:26] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[16:28] | You heard ’em. I’m done. | 你听到他们说的了 我要走了 |
[16:29] | What? | 什么 |
[16:32] | I get them to give you a pass, and y-you’re quittin’? | 我求他们放你一马 结果你要辞职 |
[16:34] | Oh, I’m not quittin’. | 我不辞职 |
[16:37] | You can’t. | 你不能去那边 |
[16:38] | This is pride, Wayne, and it’s fuckin’ you up. | 你现在是自尊心作祟 韦恩 |
[16:42] | Take a breath, count to ten, | 冷静一下 数到十 |
[16:44] | and sign their goddamn paper. | 然后签了那该死的文件 |
[16:46] | – No. – Public Information? | -不 -公众信息处 |
[16:50] | You hate the public. You’re a detective. | 你讨厌公众 你是一名警探 |
[16:54] | You don’t do shit like this. | 你不处理什么公众信息 |
[16:56] | Anything anybody mighta said about you– | 无论任何人都说你… |
[16:58] | – What’d they say about me? – That you’re a professional. | -说什么 -说你是专业的警探 |
[17:02] | I mean… they used to say that. | 我是说 他们过去经常说 |
[17:11] | Got away from me, man. I was pissed off. | 别说了 我当时很生气 |
[17:15] | Didn’t really think it through. | 没想清楚 |
[17:18] | It’s not like me, you’re right. | 这不像我 你说得对 |
[17:20] | OK. All right, there we go. | 好 没问题 这就对了 |
[17:22] | Just sign their statement, and let’s you and me move on. | 签了这份声明 我们忘了这事 |
[17:27] | Except then… I’d be burnin’ her. | 只是那样的话 我就得让她背锅 |
[17:31] | Callin’ her a liar. | 说她是骗子 |
[17:34] | She didn’t really do nothin’ wrong. | 可是她并没有做错什么 |
[17:36] | She didn’t lie, | 她没有撒谎 |
[17:39] | and I’m not sayin’ she did. | 我也不会说她撒谎了 |
[17:42] | So what? This is your job. | 那又怎样 这是你的工作 |
[17:45] | Our job. | 我们的工作 |
[17:47] | You’re my partner. | 你是我的搭档 |
[17:50] | That’s it? You’re just gonna go be a typist? | 就这样 你就这么去当打字员 |
[17:52] | Probably a lot less bullshit. | 可能不用再听那些鬼话了 |
[17:56] | Couple years, maybe it all blows over. | 等过几年 也许一切都过去了 |
[18:00] | I can outlast ’em. | 我能熬过他们的 |
[18:02] | What about us? | 那我们怎么办 |
[18:05] | What you talkin’ ’bout? | 你说什么呢 |
[18:09] | Grab a beer, go to a game. | 我们还可以喝酒 去看比赛 |
[18:12] | Not like we’re not gonna see each other, man. | 又不是再也不见面了 |
[19:20] | Suppose somebody catches us? | 要是有人抓到我们怎么办 |
[19:23] | We’re old and confused. | 我们只是两个老糊涂蛋 |
[21:33] | This is where they kept her. | 这就是他们关她的地方 |
[21:36] | This is where she ran away from. | 这就是她逃离的地方 |
[21:54] | Twenty-five years. | 二十五年了 |
[21:57] | And we just– | 我们… |
[22:03] | All this– | 这一切… |
[22:06] | All this goddamn time. | 这么多年 |
[22:13] | What the hell have I– | 我到底在 |
[22:16] | What the hell were you doin’? | 你又在干什么 |
[22:29] | Thought it was the right thing. | 我以为应该那样做 |
[22:33] | I had a family. | 我有个家庭 |
[22:36] | Now, that must be nice. | 那可真是幸福 |
[23:28] | I find you burnin’ your clothes in the middle of the night. | 我半夜发现你在烧衣服 |
[23:32] | This morning you disappear after a phone call. | 今天早上接了电话后你又消失了 |
[23:36] | If you’ve got somebody else, | 如果你外面有人 |
[23:39] | I can take it, just say so. | 我能承受住 你说就行了 |
[23:41] | No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[23:45] | It’s the case. | 是案子的事 |
[23:48] | It was only ever the case. | 都是案子的事 |
[23:52] | And it’s over now. | 现在结束了 |
[23:54] | What part of the case | 案子的哪个部分 |
[23:56] | made you burn your suit at 3:00 in the morning? | 会让你在凌晨三点烧西服 |
[24:03] | The bad part. | 糟糕的那部分 |
[24:09] | Can I get you a– a drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[24:12] | I’d prefer a straight answer. | 我想要个答案 |
[24:15] | I know what you’d prefer. | 我知道你想要什么 |
[24:17] | But supposin’ that answer would be dangerous to you? | 但要是那个答案会给你带来危险呢 |
[24:21] | I’ll take a hard truth over a nice lie any day. | 任何时候我都选择残酷现实而不是美好谎言 |
[24:30] | We never really established this, | 我们从没说过这个 |
[24:33] | ’cause when we met… | 因为我们相遇时 |
[24:37] | I told you too much. | 我告诉了你太多 |
[24:39] | And then for a long time, I wasn’t really a cop. | 之后很长一段时间 我并不是警察 |
[24:42] | But there are aspects of my job… | 但我工作有些方面 |
[24:46] | things I’ve seen, things I know– | 我见过的事 知道的事 |
[24:50] | it’s not for sharin’. | 并不适合分享 |
[24:52] | And this… | 而这事… |
[24:55] | wouldn’t do anything but cause harm. | 说了只会造成伤害 |
[24:59] | Maybe it’s not for you to decide | 也许不该由你来决定 |
[25:01] | what’s harmful or not for me. | 什么对我不好 |
[25:02] | Except I already did. | 但我已经决定了 |
[25:04] | It’s something we should decide together. | 这件事应该我们俩一起决定 |
[25:06] | No, we shouldn’t. | 不 不应该 |
[25:09] | And that is my whole point. | 这才是重点 |
[25:14] | I might have a problem with that, | 我也许不会喜欢这安排 |
[25:16] | because this morning you said you’d tell me everything. | 因为今天早上你说你会告诉我一切 |
[25:19] | That was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[25:24] | And I just realized now… | 而且我刚意识到 |
[25:27] | that I want your approval, | 我想得到你的肯定 |
[25:29] | and sometimes I do the wrong thing because it’s what you want. | 有时候我会做错事因为那是你的愿望 |
[25:37] | I’d like to stop that goin’ forward. | 我不想继续这样了 |
[25:40] | Are we going forward? | 我们还能继续吗 |
[25:45] | How do we with this big secret between us? | 咱俩中间横着这么大一个秘密还怎么过 |
[25:53] | Maybe that’s what we’re really talkin’ about. | 也许这才是我们真正讨论的事情 |
[25:57] | There’s always been this big secret between us. | 咱俩之间一直隔着一个巨大的秘密 |
[26:01] | And it’s that you and me… | 而且这是你和我 |
[26:05] | who we are together, this marriage, our children… | 我们相恋 结婚 孕育孩子 |
[26:10] | it’s all… | 全都… |
[26:13] | tied up in a… | 与那死去的男孩 |
[26:15] | dead boy and a missin’ girl. | 和失踪的女孩息息相关 |
[26:27] | I’ll take that drink now. | 我想喝一杯 |
[26:51] | Bud and a shot of Jack. | 百威和一杯杰克丹尼 |
[27:07] | – You got a problem, little man? – No. No. | -你想找事吗 小矮子 -不 不 |
[27:11] | No, sir. No problem here. | 不 先生 完全不想 |
[27:13] | Then put your fuckin’ eyes somewhere else. | 那你就把狗眼往别处放 |
[27:21] | What it is… | 只不过… |
[27:24] | I’m just a fan of romance. | 我是个浪漫之人 |
[27:26] | May I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[27:29] | She look like that before you rode her cross country? | 在你带她越过整个国家前她就那模样了吗 |
[27:33] | What the fuck did you say, you little midget? | 你他妈说什么 臭侏儒 |
[27:36] | See, I always wondered, | 我一直很好奇 |
[27:38] | all this butt-faced human pieces of garbage | 那些猪狗不如的禽兽 |
[27:41] | out there walkin’ the earth– | 大摇大摆地活着 |
[27:44] | who’s makin’ ’em? | 是谁生了那些玩意儿 |
[27:45] | I mean, what kind of Frankenstein monsters | 什么样的怪物 |
[27:48] | are out there copulatin’ to create all these | 在外面瞎搞才能生出 |
[27:50] | hunks-of-shit people in the world? | 这么些傻逼 |
[27:53] | Then I come in this bar, | 然后我来到这间酒吧 |
[27:55] | here’s you two, givin’ me the answer | 看到了你俩 一下子找到了 |
[27:58] | I’ve been lookin’ for my whole fuckin’ life. | 我这辈子一直在寻找的答案 |
[28:09] | You done buckin’, cowboy? | 你废话讲完了吗 牛仔 |
[28:11] | Thank God it was you hit me | 谢天谢地打我的是你 |
[28:13] | instead of that woolly mammoth you’re fuckin’. | 而不是那头你在操的长毛象 |
[28:43] | Last night, listening just now… | 昨晚听到你说那些的时候 |
[28:48] | I’ve wondered: maybe we don’t really know each other. | 我就在想 或许我们没有真正了解彼此 |
[28:55] | Because you’re right, | 因为你说得对 |
[28:56] | what you said about us and the Purcell kids. | 你说的那些关于我们和珀赛尔家的孩子的事 |
[29:03] | We never really talked about it in that way. | 我们从没有那样讨论过 |
[29:05] | What it meant for us. | 讨论这个案子对我们的影响 |
[29:09] | But it’s ten years later. | 但已经过去十年了 |
[29:13] | You write a story, | 你写了一个故事 |
[29:15] | you get past the start… | 迈出了第一步 |
[29:19] | it’s important to know how you want it to end. | 知道自己想如何收尾很重要 |
[29:24] | You were pregnant yesterday. | 好像你昨天才怀孕 |
[29:27] | And now Henry’s nine and… | 而今天亨利已经长大成人 |
[29:31] | I blink, he’ll be out the house. | 眨眼间 他就要长大独立了 |
[29:36] | If we get there, I don’t wanna wonder how it all happened. | 如果到了那一步 我不想去想是怎么发生的 |
[29:40] | I don’t think one date night a month | 我觉得每个月约一次会 |
[29:42] | is gonna get us where we need to be. | 不能让我们得到自己期许的结局 |
[29:44] | I’m writing this sequel, you’re on Major Crimes… | 我在写第二本书 而你在重案组工作 |
[29:53] | They tanked the case again. | 他们又把案子封掉了 |
[29:57] | Same as ’80. | 跟80年一样 |
[30:01] | I oughta quit. | 我该辞职了 |
[30:04] | I’ve thought you should quit for ten years. | 这十年来我一直都觉得你该辞职 |
[30:07] | – Why? – “Why?” | -为什么 -为什么 |
[30:09] | Why wouldn’t I want you to quit? | 我为什么不希望你辞职 |
[30:13] | I don’t think you realize this, Wayne, | 我觉得你没有发现 韦恩 |
[30:16] | you could have been good at just about anything. | 你本来做什么都行 |
[30:19] | But what you think you are, it made you stuck. | 但你的执念让你裹足不前 |
[30:27] | I never went to college. | 我没上过大学 |
[30:29] | Or California. | 也没去过加州 |
[30:32] | I listened to my Ma. | 我听了我妈的话 |
[30:34] | I was in the army, and then PD. | 先参了军 然后去了警队 |
[30:41] | Maybe I… | 或许我… |
[30:43] | got too good at doin’ what I was told. | 太习惯服从命令 |
[30:47] | I always think about why you said you joined the army. | 我一直在想你说你参军的原因 |
[30:52] | Didn’t have money for school, or no job– | 我没钱读书 也没工作 |
[30:53] | No, you told me… | 不 你跟我说 |
[30:57] | you said you figured that if you died… | 你说你想着如果你死了 |
[31:05] | that your mom would be rich, | 就能让你妈过上好日子 |
[31:06] | because the government would give her $10,000, | 因为政府会给她一万块 |
[31:08] | and that’s why you ended up joining. | 所以你才会去参军 |
[31:20] | I think we both… | 我觉得我们都 |
[31:23] | we want somethin’, we get real single-minded. | 我们都有自己的目标 都不达目的不罢休 |
[31:28] | This new thing… that’s not why you write. | 这个新情况 不是你写作的原因 |
[31:34] | It’s all the work I’ve done, I don’t want to see it wasted– | 我为此付出了这么多 我不想半途而废 |
[31:37] | But it’s not you. | 但这不是你 |
[31:41] | You wanna write your real book, write it. | 你想写书 好好去写 |
[31:44] | It’ll be great. | 会很棒的 |
[31:47] | I probably won’t read it, but it’ll be beautiful. | 我可能不会去看 但书一定会写得很好 |
[31:53] | And I think that… | 我觉得 |
[31:57] | I think maybe I should quit. | 我觉得或许我该辞职了 |
[32:00] | You should too. | 你也应该如此 |
[32:03] | I walk away, you walk away. | 我们都辞职 |
[32:06] | And… | 然后 |
[32:09] | let’s put this thing down. | 让我们放下这件事 |
[32:11] | It’s not ours. | 这本就和我们无关 |
[32:13] | And like you said, we’re past the beginning. | 就像你说的 我们已经迈出了第一步 |
[32:19] | You could really quit? | 你真能辞职吗 |
[32:21] | We’ll both, together. | 我们一起 |
[32:23] | You go and write the books you want to write, and… | 你去写你想写的书 |
[32:26] | I’m gonna– | 而我… |
[32:30] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 我不知道我要做什么 |
[32:33] | But the smartest person I know | 但是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[32:36] | told me I’d be good at almost anything. | 告诉我我什么都能做得好 |
[33:16] | Get outta here. | 走开 |
[33:41] | We’re– – | 我们 |
[33:55] | Come here, buddy. | 过来 伙计 |
[34:16] | Old gal I knew still works at the DMV | 我有个老朋友还在车管所工作 |
[34:19] | helped us out with an address. | 帮我们弄到了地址 |
[34:22] | Junius Watts. | 琼尼厄斯· 瓦茨的 |
[35:26] | Might be less crazy than I thought. | 或许没有我想的那么疯 |
[35:29] | Don’t get carried away. | 别得意忘形 |
[36:08] | I been waitin’ on you all. | 我一直在等你们 |
[36:12] | Since the night you saw my car. | 自从那晚你们看到我的车 |
[36:17] | Probably shouldn’t’a drove off, but… | 也许不该开车逃走的 但是… |
[36:20] | you had that baseball bat. | 你拿着棒球棒 |
[36:32] | Y’all here to kill me? | 你们是来杀我的吗 |
[36:34] | Walk back in the house. | 回屋里去 |
[36:45] | This is you. | 这是你的工位 |
[36:46] | Usually if PD or state want a statement, | 一般如果警局或州政府想要发表声明 |
[36:48] | they’ll just drop it by. | 他们会送过来 |
[36:50] | If we get an information request, | 如果我们收到信息申请 |
[36:52] | then we’ll just connect it to you. | 我们会转接给你 |
[36:54] | You all set, hon? | 都明白了吗 亲爱的 |
[36:57] | Yes, ma’am. Thank you. | 是的 女士 谢谢你 |
[37:30] | I worked with Mr. Hoyt on his first chicken farm. | 我在霍伊特先生的第一个养鸡场工作过 |
[37:34] | Been there since he started. | 从一开始就在他那里工作 |
[37:37] | Lost the eye in a line accident, one of the hooks. | 在生产线事故中失去了这只眼睛 一个钩子 |
[37:41] | That ain’t the part of your history we’re interested in. | 我们关心的不是你这部分过去 |
[37:46] | I was sayin’. | 我接着说 |
[37:49] | After he expands, | 公司扩张后 |
[37:51] | he moves me to his place, | 他把我调去他家 |
[37:53] | I started managin’ his household for him. | 我开始为他管理家务 |
[37:56] | Him and Miss Ellen, they had Isabel. | 他和艾伦小姐 有个孩子伊莎贝尔 |
[38:01] | Miss Ellen got sick. | 艾伦小姐病逝了 |
[38:05] | I helped him raise his daughter. | 我帮助他把女儿养大 |
[38:08] | Isabel. She was a delight. | 伊莎贝尔 她真讨人喜欢 |
[38:12] | She go to university and meets a young man, | 她去上大学 遇到个年轻男人 |
[38:15] | and they have a little baby girl. Mary. | 他们生了个小女儿 玛丽 |
[38:18] | They was happy. Mr. Hoyt, he happy. | 他们很幸福 霍伊特先生也幸福 |
[38:24] | Then there was the– the accident. | 然后就发生了…那个事故 |
[38:27] | Her husband and her daughter skidded off a mountain | 她丈夫和女儿在去布尔肖尔斯 |
[38:30] | on their way to meet her at Bull Shoals. | 见她的路上从山上滑落 |
[38:34] | She gets very, very sad. | 她非常非常伤心 |
[38:36] | Worse than sad. | 比伤心更糟 |
[38:38] | Won’t talk, won’t leave the house. | 不肯说话 不肯出门 |
[38:41] | Has to take medicine. Lithium. | 不得不吃药 锂剂 |
[38:45] | This little girl I helped raise was so sad she can’t talk. | 我帮助养大的这个小女孩伤心到不能说话 |
[38:51] | Mr. Hoyt, he can’t stand seein’ her this way. | 霍伊特先生 他不能忍受看她这样 |
[38:54] | So he starts travelin’ again. | 所以他再次开始旅行 |
[38:57] | Then one night… she snuck off from me. | 然后一天晚上 她从我眼皮下溜出去了 |
[39:02] | Took her car and smashed it all up. | 开着她的车撞了个稀烂 |
[39:05] | This patrolman, Harris James, | 那个巡警 哈里斯·詹姆斯 |
[39:07] | he help us keep it quiet. | 帮我们把事情压下来了 |
[39:10] | Then for the first time in almost three years, | 然后将近三年来头一回 |
[39:13] | somethin’ stirs her. | 她的心弦被牵动了 |
[39:15] | Employee picnic, ’79. | 79年的员工野餐 |
[39:17] | She sees this family there with this little girl, | 她看到一家人带着一个小女孩 |
[39:20] | – and she runs out and tries to grab her. – Mary! | -然后她跑出去试图抓走她 -玛丽 |
[39:26] | Miss Isabel, | 伊莎贝尔小姐 |
[39:27] | she keep talkin’ about that girl she saw. | 不停地说她看到的那个女孩 |
[39:31] | Sayin’ she’s just like Mary. | 说她和玛丽一模一样 |
[39:33] | Says she wanna see her again. | 说她想再见见她 |
[39:35] | So I take the mother Lucy aside, | 于是我把女孩的妈妈露西叫到一旁 |
[39:39] | back when she worked on the line, | 那时候她在生产线工作 |
[39:40] | and I talked to her about maybe lettin’ Miss Isabel | 我试图说服她允许伊莎贝尔小姐 |
[39:43] | play with her daughter a bit. | 和她的女儿一起玩 |
[39:45] | She was good with that? | 她同意了吗 |
[39:47] | Well, she say OK, but she want money. | 她说可以 但她要收钱 |
[39:50] | And she wanted the little girl’s brother along, | 而且她要小女孩的哥哥一起去 |
[39:53] | keep an eye on her. | 以防万一 |
[39:55] | And that was OK. | 那没问题 |
[39:56] | Well, for a little while we meet ’em, | 我们和他们持续见面了一段时间 |
[39:59] | a little spot in the woods, | 在森林里的一块地方 |
[40:01] | and we just played. | 我们只是一块玩 |
[40:03] | And Miss Isabel, she get back to bein’ her old self. | 然后伊莎贝尔小姐 她又变回以前的自己了 |
[40:08] | Except what? | 但是呢 |
[40:10] | Well, we had an idea. | 我们有了一个想法 |
[40:13] | Miss Isabel want to adopt the girl. | 伊莎贝尔小姐想收养那个女孩 |
[40:15] | She have a better life, we thought, and… | 她会有更好的生活 我们是这么想的… |
[40:18] | well, the father, we’d just have to figure somethin’ out. | 我们得想个办法说服女孩的爸爸 |
[40:20] | But… | 但是… |
[40:24] | Miss Isabel, she– | 伊莎贝尔小姐 |
[40:26] | she confused. | 她糊涂了 |
[40:28] | She’d stopped takin’ her medicine, I-I didn’t know. | 她把药停了 我当时不知道 |
[40:31] | She’d been callin’ the girl “Mary” since we arrive. | 从我们到那起她就一直管那女孩叫玛丽 |
[40:34] | I heard it. I oughta knowed somethin’ was too wrong. | 我听到了 我应当意识到不对劲的 |
[40:38] | Hell, we’s playin’ hide-and-seek, | 见鬼 我们当时在玩捉迷藏 |
[40:41] | – and Will was off lookin’ for us. – Will! | -威尔跑出来找我们 -威尔 |
[40:43] | Julie! | 朱莉 |
[40:45] | I guess Miss Isabel had other plans. | 我想伊莎贝尔小姐应该有别的计划 |
[40:47] | We have to go home. | 我们得回家了 |
[40:48] | No. Mary– | 不 玛丽 |
[40:56] | I told the girl her brother OK. | 我告诉女孩他哥哥没事 |
[40:59] | He just bump his head, that’s all, | 就是碰了一下头而已 |
[41:02] | and he’d wake up soon. | 一会就醒会过来了 |
[41:05] | But she said we can’t leave him there. | 但她说我们不能把他留在那 |
[41:08] | And she can’t calm down. | 而且她很激动 |
[41:10] | So I brought him up to the cave. | 所以我就把他放在了洞里 |
[41:18] | It was just– just a bad accident. | 只是 只是个不幸的意外罢了 |
[41:21] | Mr. Hoyt, he don’t know none of this, | 霍伊特先生根本不知道这件事 |
[41:23] | ’cause he on safari. | 他出去打猎了 |
[41:26] | So I call the man Harris James, | 然后我联系了哈里斯·詹姆斯 |
[41:29] | he help us out before. | 他以前帮过我们 |
[41:31] | When that Woodard man went crazy, | 伍达德发疯那次 |
[41:34] | Harris brought that boy’s backpack up to his place, | 哈里斯把男孩的书包和女孩的衣服 |
[41:37] | and the girl’s shirt. | 放在了伍达德家里 |
[41:41] | What about the mother… | 母亲那边怎么处理的 |
[41:43] | Lucy? | 露西 |
[41:45] | Harris talked to her. | 哈里斯找到她 |
[41:47] | Explained things, the accident. | 解释了那起意外 |
[41:50] | Offered her a lot of money. | 答应给她一大笔钱 |
[41:53] | Showed her the best thing was for her to take it | 告诉她最好的选择就是拿钱闭嘴 |
[41:55] | and let Miss Isabel have Julie, | 然后让伊莎贝尔小姐收养朱莉 |
[41:57] | just like we talked about. | 跟我们商量过的一样 |
[42:00] | Only, it just happened this way… | 只不过 事情发展成了现在这样 |
[42:05] | The little one, Julie. | 小家伙 朱莉 |
[42:07] | Time we get home, she calm with everything, | 我们回家后 她已经平静下来了 |
[42:10] | no trouble. | 不哭闹了 |
[42:11] | She happy to be there. | 她在那很开心 |
[42:14] | We seen the girl is happy. She is. | 我们看得出她很幸福 |
[42:17] | – How’s the castle? – And for a time it was workin’. | -城堡画的怎么样了 -这样的生活 |
[42:19] | – Couple years. – Good. | -持续了几年 -很好 |
[42:22] | The little one, she thinks she’s Isabel’s daughter, | 小家伙认为自己是伊莎贝尔的女儿 |
[42:24] | ’cause Isabel’s been tellin’ her stories. | 因为伊莎贝尔一直在编故事骗她 |
[42:28] | I’m just tryin’ to take care of ’em best I can. | 我只是尽最大努力去照顾她们 |
[42:32] | I swear, the little one was happy. | 我发誓 小家伙很幸福 |
[42:34] | I thought she was happy. | 我以为她很幸福 |
[42:38] | I didn’t realize till later what’d been goin’ on. | 后来我才明白怎么回事 |
[42:43] | She’d been feedin’ that little girl lithium since she was ten. | 从女孩十岁时她就一直在给女孩服用锂剂 |
[42:48] | That was why the girl didn’t have no problems | 所以我们离开魔鬼穴之后 |
[42:50] | once we left Devil’s Den. | 女孩就不哭闹了 |
[42:51] | Musta started then. | 一定是从那时开始的 |
[42:53] | That’s why she wasn’t sure about her own history. | 这就是她记不清自己出身的原因 |
[42:57] | She’d been drugged half her life, | 她这半辈子一直被人灌药 |
[43:00] | told some fucked-up fairy tale by this woman. | 听这女人讲了很多编造的故事 |
[43:04] | And Miss Isabel was gettin’ sicker and sicker. | 伊莎贝尔小姐的病越来越严重 |
[43:08] | The girl is gettin’ more and more confused. | 女孩越来越困惑 |
[43:10] | Then she growed up. She wants to leave. | 后来她长大了 她想离开 |
[43:13] | She asks questions– memories, her brother. | 她开始问问题 关于回忆 自己的哥哥 |
[43:16] | I want to help her. | 我想帮助她 |
[43:18] | You helped her run away. | 你帮她逃出去了 |
[43:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:23] | I make sure that the door is unlocked | 我故意没锁门 |
[43:25] | and Miss Isabel was in her bath. | 伊莎贝尔小姐正在洗澡 |
[43:29] | And I gave her a map how to get to a place I had nearby. | 我给了她一张地图让她去附近的房子 |
[43:37] | But she never showed. | 但她没去 |
[43:40] | And I was lookin’ for her ever since. | 从那时起我一直在寻找她 |
[43:42] | Tryin’ to save what I could. | 试图拯救她 |
[43:44] | That’s real heroic of ya… | 可真有英雄气概 |
[43:47] | you cyclops motherfucker. | 你这个傻逼独眼龙 |
[43:50] | What happened to Isabel? | 伊莎贝尔怎么样 |
[43:54] | After the girl run off… | 女孩逃跑之后 |
[43:58] | she had another break. | 她又崩溃了 |
[44:01] | She put on her weddin’ dress… | 她穿上婚纱 |
[44:05] | she took all her pills… | 把药全吃了 |
[44:08] | She go to sleep | 她睡着了 |
[44:11] | and never wakes up. | 再也没醒过来 |
[44:15] | Did ya ever find her? | 你找到她了吗 |
[44:21] | ‘Ninety-seven. | 97年找到的 |
[44:24] | I’d been passin’ Julie’s picture around for ten years. | 我到处张贴朱莉的照片有10年了 |
[44:28] | This runaway girl tells me about this shelter | 有个离家出走的女孩告诉我 |
[44:31] | nuns in Fort Smith run. | 有个在史密斯堡的收容所 |
[44:35] | The girl says she saw Julie workin’ there at the convent, | 她说看见过朱莉在那个修道院里干活 |
[44:39] | and they say her name is Mary, | 她们叫她玛丽 |
[44:41] | which I knew it must be her. | 我知道肯定是她 |
[44:43] | Mary July. | 玛丽·朱莱 |
[44:45] | “Like summertime,” She said. | “就像七月盛夏” 她说过 |
[44:49] | She didn’t have any ID. | 她没有身份证明 |
[44:54] | She stayed for three and a half years. | 她在这里住了三年半 |
[44:57] | First getting help, then helping others. | 先是被人帮助 然后帮助别人 |
[45:02] | She’d been in bad shape when she arrived. | 她刚来的时候很糟糕 |
[45:05] | She had what’s known as disassociation issues. | 她有分裂症 |
[45:10] | I believe she found a home here. | 我觉得她把这里当成家 |
[45:13] | But her time outside, | 但是她在外面的日子 |
[45:16] | things she’d done… | 她做过的事 |
[45:21] | She had HIV, it turned out. | 她患了艾滋病 |
[45:29] | We took care of her in the infirmary | 她病情严重时 我们就在医务室 |
[45:31] | when she got sick. | 照顾她 |
[45:34] | A few months, she was gone. | 过了几个月 她就去世了 |
[45:41] | I was too late. | 我到的太晚了 |
[45:47] | Something she’d done out there on her own | 她独自在外时发生了一些事 |
[45:49] | got her real sick. | 让她得了病 |
[45:53] | And I told her– I told her that I would meet her. | 我告诉过她 我会去见她 |
[45:57] | I drew her a map. | 我给她画了地图 |
[46:03] | But she wasn’t there. | 但是她没来 |
[46:07] | It’s always too late… | 无论我们怎样努力 |
[46:11] | whatever we do. | 都已经晚了 |
[46:14] | That’s why I’s sittin’ outside your house. | 所以我坐在你家外面 |
[46:19] | I was just tryin’ to get up the nerve. | 我是想鼓起勇气 |
[46:21] | Tryin’ to tell you what happened. | 想告诉你事情的经过 |
[46:26] | So… you can kill me or take me in. | 你们可以杀了我 或者逮捕我 |
[46:32] | I want it. | 这是我希望的 |
[46:43] | I don’t wanna live with this no more. | 我不想再这样过下去了 |
[46:50] | Take me in. | 抓我走吧 |
[46:54] | We don’t have the authority. | 我们没那个权力 |
[47:05] | You don’t wanna live with it… | 你说你不想活了 |
[47:10] | fuckin’ don’t. | 那你他妈就去死吧 |
[47:17] | Y’all come back here! | 你们给我回来 |
[47:19] | Y’all punish me! | 你们要惩罚我 |
[47:23] | I need y’all to punish me! | 我需要你们惩罚我 |
[47:27] | Y’all punish me! | 你们要惩罚我 |
[47:32] | Your name was Julie Purcell. | 你的名字是朱莉·珀塞尔 |
[47:35] | I’m sorry I didn’t do a better job for ya. | 抱歉我们没能做到更好 |
[47:40] | I’m real, real sorry for that, miss. | 我非常抱歉 小姐 |
[47:45] | Failure was mine. | 错在我身上 |
[47:48] | You deserved better than this. | 你不该落得如此下场 |
[47:53] | Better than me. | 应该比我的下场好 |
[48:16] | – Sorry, mister. – There you are. | -对不起 先生 -你在这呢 |
[48:20] | All right, that’s enough runnin’ around, Lucy. | 跑也跑够了 露西 |
[48:23] | Why don’t you go ahead and jump in the truck. | 你赶紧回到车上去吧 |
[48:25] | Ok. | 好 |
[48:28] | I’m sorry ’bout that. She likes to run around. | 真不好意思 她就是喜欢乱跑 |
[48:30] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[48:33] | You been takin’ care of the place long? | 你在这干了很长时间吗 |
[48:35] | Oh, yeah. My dad started the business, | 对 开头是我爸在这里干 |
[48:37] | and he used to do the convent for free. | 他给修道院干活不收钱 |
[48:40] | And I kept doin’ the same. | 我也一样 |
[48:42] | That’s nice of you. | 你人真好 |
[48:45] | Y’all have a good day. | 祝你们今天愉快 |
[48:48] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 |
[48:49] | You too. | 你们也是 |
[48:51] | All right, Lucy, let’s get your seat belt on. | 露西 把安全带系上 |
[49:09] | That’s enough. | 行了 |
[49:13] | I’ll get the rest tomorrow. | 剩下的我明天再弄 |
[49:23] | I oughta throw it out now. | 我该把这些都扔了 |
[49:25] | But it’s all hers. | 但这都是她的 |
[49:30] | Maybe we’ll write a book about it. | 也许我们会写本这案子的书呢 |
[49:34] | Have to keep startin’ over. | 那会不停重头再来 |
[49:39] | We got an ending, I guess. | 我觉得我们终于结案了 |
[49:43] | But I don’t, uh… | 但我不觉得… |
[49:49] | Do you feel like any kinda closure? | 你觉得结束了吗 |
[49:53] | I don’t. | 我不觉得 |
[49:56] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[50:01] | Talkin’ to your boy. | 我跟你儿子谈了谈 |
[50:04] | I’s been wantin’ to get closer to town, | 我想离镇子近一点 |
[50:07] | and we were thinkin’, uh… | 我们可以… |
[50:11] | How’d you feel, me crashin’ here with you a few nights a week? | 你觉得我一周在这里住几天怎么样 |
[50:20] | I guess so. | 我觉得可以 |
[50:23] | I keep a neat house, though. I’m just sayin’. | 不过不能把房子弄乱 |
[50:27] | I’ll keep the dogs out back. | 我把狗养在院子里 |
[50:35] | Your little girl’s comin’ here tomorrow. | 你的小女儿明天来 |
[50:37] | Oh, that’s right. I remember. | 是的 我记得 |
[50:45] | Henry mentioned you’re all havin’ dinner. | 亨利说过你们要共进晚餐 |
[50:47] | Invited me over. | 已经邀请我了 |
[50:50] | Good. You should come. | 好 你应该来的 |
[50:52] | Ok. | 好 |
[50:57] | You be all right tonight, buddy? | 你今晚一个人没问题吧 伙计 |
[51:01] | I’m good, brother. I’m good. | 我没事 兄弟 我没事 |
[51:05] | Ok. | 好 |
[52:03] | Hi. | 你好 |
[52:08] | Hey. Tell me what we’re doing. | 告诉我我们这是怎么了 |
[52:11] | You’re not talkin’ to me, | 你不和我说话 |
[52:13] | don’t return my calls. | 不回我电话 |
[52:16] | We’re playing games now? | 我们这是玩呢 |
[52:17] | I don’t play. | 我没在玩 |
[52:25] | Is this about what I wrote? | 是因为我写的东西吗 |
[52:29] | You read it. You… encouraged me. | 你读过 你还鼓励我来着 |
[52:34] | What’s going on with you? What happened? | 你这是怎么了 发生什么了 |
[52:41] | Wait right here a minute. | 在这等着 |
[53:07] | That’s all your stuff. | 这都是你的东西 |
[53:12] | That’s how you say | 你的意思是 |
[53:14] | “I don’t think we should see each other anymore”? | “我认为我们应该分手了” |
[53:15] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[53:18] | You don’t like how I am, get out of my house. | 你不喜欢我行事方式 那就滚出我家 |
[53:24] | All right, give it to me then. | 好 等一下再给我 |
[53:26] | I want a… clear picture | 我想要和这个朝夕相处过的人 |
[53:28] | of who I’ve been spending time with. | 把话说清楚 |
[53:31] | Clear picture is, I don’t wanna see you anymore. | 说清楚就是 我不想再看到你 |
[53:36] | And I’m not the asshole here. | 混蛋不是我 |
[53:39] | You’re the asshole. | 你才是那个混蛋 |
[53:42] | Me? | 我 |
[53:44] | – How? – You used me. | -怎么是我 -你利用我 |
[53:46] | Fuckin’ around with me | 你他妈和我在一起 |
[53:47] | so you could hear what the police are doin’. | 就是为了知道警方的进展 |
[53:49] | Like you’re better than me. Right? | 好像你比我优秀一样 对吗 |
[53:51] | When I landed back in the States, | 在我重新回到美国之后 |
[53:53] | some high yellow bitch like you called me a baby killer. | 有些像你一样的非裔美国人叫我婴儿杀手 |
[53:58] | I’m sorry that happened– | 我很遗憾发生那样的事 |
[53:59] | Shit, you’re whiter than my partner. | 胡扯 你简直比我的搭档还像白人 |
[54:02] | Former partner. | 以前的搭档 |
[54:03] | What’s the matter with you? What happened? | 你什么毛病啊 怎么了 |
[54:05] | I’m fucked’s what happened! | 什么他妈的怎么了 |
[54:08] | Twelve years on the job, and I’m a fuckin’ secretary now. | 工作了12年 现在我他妈成了个秘书 |
[54:12] | So you got in trouble. What did they– | 所以你有麻烦了 他们怎么 |
[54:16] | Is that why you’re doing this? | 所以你才这么做是吗 |
[54:18] | I’m tryin’ to pull my head out my ass, regards to you. You– | 我在试图看清你 |
[54:21] | I don’t know. Maybe you didn’t mean it all the way, | 我不知道 也许我误会你了 |
[54:24] | maybe it just happened, but you was workin’ me. | 也许只是巧合 但你一直在利用我 |
[54:27] | Always askin’ questions, always talkin’ about the case. | 总是问我问题 总是讨论这个案子 |
[54:30] | That’s not what I did. You know that’s not what I did. | 我没这么做 你知道的我没有 |
[54:32] | No, I don’t! | 不 我不知道 |
[54:35] | But I just about decided… | 但我几乎确定的是 |
[54:39] | that you don’t know what | 你不知道 |
[54:40] | you’re really up to most of the time, do you? | 大部分时间你在做什么 不是吗 |
[54:44] | Bein’ a good-lookin’ woman like you are, I mean. | 我是说你这种”红颜祸水”的女人 |
[54:48] | People don’t really expect you to take responsibility. | 人们并不真的期待你能担什么责任 |
[54:51] | You’re just like a pretty bird, | 你就像一只漂亮的小鸟 |
[54:52] | flyin’ around, shittin’ on people’s heads. | 到处跑 给大家制造麻烦 |
[54:55] | I don’t need one of them. | 我可不需要 |
[54:57] | I was doin’ real good without no head-shittin’ birds in here. | 我不需要有你这样的人给我制造麻烦 |
[55:00] | You’re a mean drunk. | 你醉了之后还真是刻薄 |
[55:03] | But it’s good to see how weak you really are. | 不过看到你这么软弱还挺好的 |
[55:08] | You’ve got a badge and a gun, | 你有警徽和枪 |
[55:11] | couple of other things | 还有些从电影里 |
[55:12] | that you learned from watching movies. | 学来的其他的东西 |
[55:17] | But there’s nothing here. | 但这里什么都没有 |
[55:25] | They wanted me to burn you down. | 他们想让我把锅甩给你 |
[55:27] | Sign a statement sayin’ you were lyin’. | 签下你在撒谎的声明 |
[55:30] | That you took pieces of what you heard | 说你把你听到的部分 |
[55:31] | and made up all that shit you wrote. | 串起来编成了你写下的故事 |
[55:35] | You should. | 你应该这么做 |
[55:38] | I don’t want you in trouble. | 我不想让你惹上麻烦 |
[55:40] | I don’t want anything from you, ever. | 我不想从你这得到任何东西 不想 |
[55:45] | Go ahead, sign their statement. | 去吧 去签他们的声明 |
[55:47] | I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[55:54] | I don’t need the rest. | 其他的我不要了 |
[56:01] | I don’t want this shit in my house! | 我不想这些东西在我家里 |
[56:59] | “Among the children who knew her, | 在认识她的孩子中 |
[57:02] | a ten-year-old named Mike Ardoin | 一个十岁的叫迈克·阿多因的孩子 |
[57:04] | seemed to take Julie’s disappearance hardest. | 看起来受朱莉失踪的打击最大 |
[57:08] | I knew Mike to be a shy, artistic boy, | 我知道迈克是个害羞文艺的男孩 |
[57:11] | and he often played with Julie, | 他经常和朱莉一起玩 |
[57:13] | or at least sought out her company. | 或者至少渴望她的陪伴 |
[57:15] | His father ran a small lawn servicing business, | 他爸爸有一家小型草坪修理公司 |
[57:19] | and when he spoke about Julie, | 当他谈起朱莉时 |
[57:21] | the boy’s lip trembled and his eyes flooded. | 那孩子的嘴唇颤抖 眼里充满泪水 |
[57:24] | My attempts at comfort were completely insufficient, | 我安慰不了他 |
[57:27] | but I tried to let him talk about his feelings. | 但我试着让他说出他的感受 |
[57:30] | He started crying. | 他开始哭泣 |
[57:32] | He said he always thought he’d marry Julie | 他说他一直在想等他长大 |
[57:34] | when he grew up.” | 就和朱莉结婚 |
[57:49] | “Tell me a story. | 给我讲个故事 |
[57:54] | Make it a story of great distances, and starlight.” | 关于遥远的距离和星光的故事 |
[57:58] | No. Please. | 不 求你了 |
[58:02] | Please. | 求你了 |
[58:04] | What if the ending isn’t really the ending at all? | 如果这结局其实不是真正的结局呢 |
[58:19] | What if Julie did find a life at that convent? | 如果朱莉在那个修道院过上了日子呢 |
[58:24] | Friendship, love. | 友谊 爱情 |
[58:26] | And what if that little boy who loved her so much, | 如果那个如此爱她的小男孩 |
[58:29] | that little boy whose daddy, and later himself, | 他的爸爸 之后他自己 |
[58:33] | took care of the yard at that convent? | 去打理了那个修道院的院子呢 |
[58:37] | What if he recognized her? | 如果他认出了她呢 |
[58:40] | “‘If you knew time as well as I do,’ said the Hatter, | 如果你和我一样熟悉时间 疯帽子说 |
[58:43] | you wouldn’t talk about wasting it.'” | 你就不会叫他”宝贵的时间”了 |
[58:46] | What if he knew her… | 如果他比她自己 |
[58:49] | even if she didn’t know herself? | 还要了解她 |
[58:57] | And what if those nuns who cared about her, | 如果那些关心她的修女 |
[59:00] | those women who knew she’d had a hard life… | 那些知道她会有艰难一生的女人们 |
[59:04] | they knew bad people were looking for her? | 知道有坏人在找她呢 |
[59:07] | What if they wanted to protect her? | 如果她们想保护她呢 |
[59:14] | Protect her how? | 怎么保护她 |
[59:17] | The only way they could– | 唯一的办法就是 |
[59:20] | by telling a story. | 讲一个故事 |
[59:30] | And– | 然后 |
[59:32] | And then– | 然后 |
[59:36] | Sorry, Mister. | 对不起 先生 |
[59:38] | The little girl– | 那个小女孩 |
[59:40] | that was her… | 那是她的 |
[59:45] | Oh… my God. | 我的上帝 |
[59:49] | What if there’s another story? | 如果有另一个故事呢 |
[59:52] | What if something went unbroken? | 如果有些东西没有被破坏呢 |
[59:58] | All this life, all this loss, | 这段生命 这些失去的东西 |
[1:00:02] | what if it was really one long story | 如果这其实是个在自愈之前 |
[1:00:04] | that just kept going and going | 一直一直持续的 |
[1:00:06] | until it healed itself? | 很长的故事呢 |
[1:00:10] | Wouldn’t that be a story worth telling? | 那不是个值得讲的故事吗 |
[1:00:13] | Wouldn’t that be a story worth hearing? | 那不是个值得听的故事吗 |
[1:00:41] | Information. | 公众信息处 |
[1:00:43] | I need a address for Northwest Arkansas. | 我要查个阿肯色州西北部的地址 |
[1:00:47] | Uh, Mike, uh, Ardoin. | 名字叫迈克 阿多因 |
[1:00:49] | Um, that’s, um… | 姓是 |
[1:00:55] | A-R-D…O-I-N. | 阿 多 因 |
[1:01:01] | Ardoin Landscaping. | 阿多因景观设计 |
[1:01:03] | Just a moment. | 请稍等 |
[1:02:40] | Pop, what’s up? I was about to come get you. | 爸爸 怎么了 我正要来接你 |
[1:02:46] | I, uh… | 我 |
[1:02:48] | Henry… uh… | 亨利 |
[1:02:52] | think I’m lost. | 我可能迷路了 |
[1:02:54] | What do you mean? | 怎么回事 |
[1:02:55] | You on foot? | 你是步行的吗 |
[1:02:59] | I’m in my car. | 我开的车 |
[1:03:02] | I don’t know where I am. I don’t recognize it. | 我不知道在哪儿 这个地方我不认识 |
[1:03:06] | Dad, Becca came in, | 爸爸 贝卡来了 |
[1:03:07] | you were comin’ here for dinner. | 你应该在过来吃晚饭的路上 |
[1:03:09] | And I’m tellin’ ya, I don’t know where I am! | 我告诉你了我不知道我在哪 |
[1:03:11] | Hey, hey, hey, it’s gonna be all right, Pop. | 没事的 爸爸 别着急 |
[1:03:13] | We’ll come and get you. Just take a beat. | 我们会来接你的 稍微等一会 |
[1:03:18] | Is there someone around you can ask where you are? | 你可以问问周围的人你在什么地方吗 |
[1:03:20] | You see anybody around? | 你看到周围有人吗 |
[1:03:32] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[1:03:40] | I’m sorry to bother you, miss. | 很抱歉打扰你 女士 |
[1:03:42] | I, uh… | 我 |
[1:03:46] | I have this, uh… | 我有 |
[1:03:51] | I’m sorry, uh, I’m lost. | 对不起 我迷路了 |
[1:03:56] | Can you just tell me where I’m at? | 你能告诉我 我在哪里吗 |
[1:03:59] | Oh, of course. You’re in Greenland. | 没事 这里是格陵兰 |
[1:04:01] | This is Allegra Lane. | 阿莱格拉路 |
[1:04:09] | Allegra Lane, in-in Greenland. | 格陵兰的阿莱格拉路 |
[1:04:14] | House at, uh… 1-2-0-8. | 有个房子门牌号是1208 |
[1:04:19] | Greenland? What are you doin’ out there? | 格陵兰岛 你在那干什么 |
[1:04:21] | I don’t know. I– | 我不知道 |
[1:04:24] | I was– I don’t know. | 我本来要 我不记得了 |
[1:04:28] | All right, it’s OK. Stay at your car, Dad. | 好吧 没关系 待在车上 爸爸 |
[1:04:30] | We’re comin’ to get you, all right? | 我们一会就去接你 好吗 |
[1:04:32] | Keep your phone handy. | 把手机放手边 |
[1:04:33] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:04:35] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢 儿子 |
[1:04:38] | Yeah… | 好了 |
[1:04:40] | my son’s comin’ to get me. | 我儿子会来接我 |
[1:04:44] | I, uh… | 我 |
[1:04:47] | have this condition. | 有点毛病 |
[1:04:48] | I forget things, and… | 总是忘记事情 |
[1:04:52] | Thank you. Thanks for your help. | 谢谢您 谢谢你的帮助 |
[1:04:55] | Glad I was out here to help. | 很高兴能帮忙 |
[1:05:00] | Uh, would you like some water or anything | 你等你儿子的时候 |
[1:05:03] | while you wait for your son? | 要喝点水或者其他的吗 |
[1:05:07] | Actually… if it truly wouldn’t be any trouble, | 其实 如果你不嫌麻烦 |
[1:05:11] | I’d be grateful for some water. | 能给我点水喝就太好了 |
[1:05:13] | Throat’s dry. | 有点口渴 |
[1:05:15] | Lucy, will you get this man some water, please? | 露西 能帮他拿点水喝吗 |
[1:05:17] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 妈妈 |
[1:05:30] | Beautiful day, isn’t it? | 天气真好 对吧 |
[1:05:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:05:34] | Sure is. | 确实是 |
[1:05:40] | Oh. Thank you, miss. | 谢谢你 小姐 |
[1:05:42] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:06:01] | Well, uh… I-I’ll let you get back to it. | 那我就不打扰你们了 |
[1:06:08] | Thank you much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:06:09] | You’re welcome, sir. | 不客气 先生 |
[1:06:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:06:52] | It’s OK. | 没关系 |
[1:07:00] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[1:07:03] | Hey, Dad! | 爸爸 |
[1:07:17] | It’s different than I remember. | 跟我记忆中不一样 |
[1:07:21] | I’m surprised, it feels different. | 真奇怪 感觉不一样了 |
[1:07:26] | Maybe you could stay longer. | 也许你可以多待段时间 |
[1:07:30] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[1:07:38] | Did I lose you? | 我失去你了吗 |
[1:07:41] | No. No, Dad. | 没有 没有 爸爸 |
[1:07:44] | How could you? | 怎么可能呢 |
[1:07:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:07:48] | Seems like I’m losin’ the hour and the day. | 日日夜夜都离我远去 |
[1:07:55] | Oh, I sure missed you. | 但我很想你 |
[1:07:59] | I miss you too, Dad. | 我也很想你 爸爸 |
[1:08:03] | I miss you right now. | 我现在就很想你 |
[1:08:08] | I haven’t– I haven’t really– | 我一直 我一直都没有… |
[1:08:12] | I don’t– | 我没有… |
[1:08:26] | Had this in my pocket. | 我在我口袋里找到了这个 |
[1:08:28] | I… don’t know, uh– | 我不知道… |
[1:08:34] | It’s nothin’. | 没什么的 |
[1:08:37] | Go play with your grandkids, Pop. | 去和你的孙子孙女们玩吧 爸爸 |
[1:08:48] | Throw Papa the ball. | 把球扔给爷爷 |
[1:08:50] | Wait. OK– | 等等 好了 |
[1:09:03] | Oh, he did! | 他扔过来了 |
[1:09:05] | It’s what you call a slow break. | 这才叫慢断 |
[1:09:37] | You doin’ all right? | 你还好吧 |
[1:09:39] | Yeah, yeah, man, how are you? | 好着呢 伙计 你好吗 |
[1:09:41] | Still upright, baby. | 还过得去 宝贝 |
[1:09:45] | Real glad to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[1:09:46] | Glad to see you too, pal. | 见到你也很高兴 伙计 |
[1:09:49] | Mr. West, | 韦斯特先生 |
[1:09:51] | this is my wife, Heather. | 这是我的妻子 海瑟 |
[1:09:52] | – Hello. – Welcome. | -你好 -欢迎 |
[1:09:56] | Oh. Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 女士 |
[1:10:16] | Come on, hurry up! | 快点 |
[1:10:17] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:10:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:10] | This what you settled on doin’ with yourself? | 你就在这里自饮自酌 |
[1:11:17] | I don’t recall you mentionin’ time in the armed forces. | 我不记得你说你服过兵役 |
[1:11:23] | I don’t let people talk to me the way you did. | 我不允许别人用你那种口气和我说话 |
[1:11:27] | A few women, no men at all. | 女人可能可以 男人不行 |
[1:11:32] | – OK. – I want you to understand that. | -好吧 -我希望你明白这一点 |
[1:11:38] | You don’t strike me as tolerant of that sort of behavior. | 你看起来也不像是会容忍别人这么对你的人 |
[1:11:41] | No. | 没错 |
[1:11:44] | That was the point, wasn’t it? | 你就是为了把我推开 对吧 |
[1:11:52] | But I’m trying to remember | 但我努力提醒自己 |
[1:11:53] | that a few weeks ago your friend was shot | 几周前 你的朋友中枪了 |
[1:11:56] | and you almost died. | 你差点死了 |
[1:12:07] | You want a do-over? | 你想不想再来一遍 |
[1:12:13] | I guess I want to know if you meant it. | 我需要知道你是不是认真的 |
[1:12:16] | If you meant what you said. | 你说的话是不是认真的 |
[1:12:21] | I want to know if you want us to stop. | 我想知道你是不是想要分开 |
[1:12:24] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[1:12:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:12:33] | Wayne, what do you want? | 韦恩 你到底想要什么 |
[1:12:36] | You want to yell at me again? You want me to yell at you? | 你想吼我吗 你想让我吼你吗 |
[1:12:42] | No. | 不 |
[1:12:47] | I’m sorry for what I said to you. | 我很抱歉之前对你说了那些话 |
[1:12:51] | I-I haven’t been myself. | 我不是那个意思 |
[1:12:57] | You want me to leave? | 你希望我离开吗 |
[1:13:05] | You want me to stay? | 你希望我留下吗 |
[1:13:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:13:11] | You’re gonna have to decide. | 你必须作出决定 |
[1:13:16] | I, uh… | 我… |
[1:13:21] | I’m not myself. | 我变得不像我自己了 |
[1:13:22] | I don’t know. I don’t like this. | 我说不好 我不喜欢这样 |
[1:13:28] | But I want… | 但我觉得 |
[1:13:33] | I think I wanna marry you. | 我觉得我想娶你 |
[1:13:37] | I didn’t think that’d happen for me. | 我没想过我会想要结婚 |
[1:13:42] | I didn’t let myself… | 我没有让我自己… |
[1:13:45] | I didn’t expect this. | 我没指望过会遇到 |
[1:13:48] | You. | 你 |
[1:13:55] | And how would you make that happen? | 那你打算怎么做呢 |
[1:14:00] | Guess, uh– | 我想 |
[1:14:03] | Guess I should sober up, for a start. | 我想首先 我应该先戒酒 |
[1:14:05] | For a start, yeah. | 首先 没错 |
[1:14:15] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[1:14:19] | Then let’s get you home. | 那先送你回家吧 |
[1:14:28] | You can think about how you’re gonna propose. | 你想想你要怎么求婚 |
[1:14:35] | I can think about if I’m gonna accept. | 我想想我要不要接受 |
[1:14:43] | That’ll do it. | 听起来不错 |
[1:14:45] | Get on my knees, with a ring and everything. | 单膝跪地 戒指什么的 |
[1:14:50] | I ain’t messin’ with you. I don’t play. | 我不是开玩笑的 我不开玩笑 |
[1:14:55] | No, I know you don’t. | 我知道 |