时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I did not give you a heart attack. | 我才没有害你心脏病发 |
[00:04] | – You gave me something. – Well… | -但你有害我性致勃发哦 -是有啦 |
[00:08] | Is my husband your mystery man? | 我老公就是你的秘密男友吗 |
[00:12] | Can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[00:13] | – Where you going? – Home. | -你去哪 -回家 |
[00:14] | They clearly forgot about us. | 他们显然把我们给忘了 |
[00:17] | This sucks. | 真不爽 |
[00:18] | – What is he doing here? – He’s a pastor, | -他怎么会来这里 -他是牧师啊 |
[00:21] | and he wanted to be here. | 他想来 |
[00:22] | I mean, what is he doing here with you? | 我是指他怎么会和你一起来 |
[00:25] | I’m gonna stay at my mom’s house tonight. | 我今晚在我妈家睡 |
[00:27] | Fine by me. | 我没意见 |
[00:28] | Where’s Missy? | 米希呢 |
[00:38] | Missy. | 米希 |
[00:42] | Careful, loud music is a sign of teen angst. | 小心 大声放音乐是青少年不爽的象征 |
[00:45] | I’m aware. | 我清楚 |
[00:47] | Missy honey, I’m so sorry. | 米希 宝贝 真的很对不起 |
[00:49] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:53] | Come on, let me in. | 别这样 让我进来嘛 |
[00:57] | You forgot me. | 你忘掉了我 |
[00:58] | Mandy went into labor. | 曼蒂破水了 |
[00:59] | I had to go to the hospital. | 我得赶去医院 |
[01:00] | She had the baby, and no one told me? | 她生了孩子都没人告诉我吗 |
[01:02] | See? Angst. | 看到没 不爽 |
[01:04] | Go in your room. | 回你房间 |
[01:05] | The baby’s cute as a button. | 宝宝超级可爱 |
[01:07] | Can’t wait to meet her Aunt Missy. | 她也等不及要见米希姑姑了 |
[01:08] | I waited at school for an hour and had to walk home. | 我在学校等了你一个小时 最后还得走路回家 |
[01:12] | No one even called. | 你们连一通电话都没有 |
[01:13] | There was a lot going on. | 当时发生了很多事嘛 |
[01:15] | The important thing is, you’re safe, | 重要的是 你人平安 |
[01:17] | baby’s safe, everything turned out okay. | 宝宝也平安 一切都平安顺利 |
[01:19] | Not everything. My database failed. | 并没有 我的资料库失败了 |
[01:21] | Go. | 滚回去 |
[01:23] | Where’s Mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[01:26] | She’s staying at your meemaw’s tonight. | 她今晚在你姥姥家过夜 |
[01:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:29] | Help with the baby. | 帮忙照顾宝宝 |
[01:30] | So, the baby’s home? I can meet her? | 宝宝已经带回家了吗 我能见见她吗 |
[01:33] | She’ll be home tomorrow. | 宝宝明天才回来 |
[01:34] | Then why’s Mom there tonight? | 那为什么妈妈今晚待在那边 |
[01:37] | – Look, Missy, I’ve had a long day. – So have I. | -米希你听我说 我今天真的很累了 -我不累吗 |
[01:40] | – That makes three of us. – Sheldon. | -那我们仨同病相怜啊 -谢尔顿 |
[01:41] | I’m in my room, as directed. | 我按照你的吩咐待在房间里了啊 |
[01:52] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:55] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:00] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:15] | – How’s she doing? – She’s fine. | -她情况怎么样 -她很好 |
[02:17] | She’s quiet. | 安安静静的 |
[02:19] | She’s breathing, right? | 有在呼吸吧 |
[02:20] | Yes. Hold on. | 当然 你等等 |
[02:24] | Yes. | 有 |
[02:26] | Mind slowing down? | 能开慢一点吗 |
[02:28] | I’m going 15. | 每小时24公里还不够慢吗 |
[02:30] | And I said slow down. | 那老娘说开慢点你没听到吗 |
[02:32] | You got it. | 遵命 |
[02:35] | – Baby check. – Still breathing. | -宝宝检查 -还在呼吸 |
[02:37] | All right, we got this. | 好 我们可以的 |
[02:39] | You remembered to check the baby’s I.D. Bracelet | 我们离开医院之前 |
[02:41] | before we left the hospital, right? | 你有检查宝宝的身份手环吧 |
[02:43] | – Why? – To make sure they gave us the right baby. | -怎么 -确保他们给了我们正确的宝宝啊 |
[02:45] | Don’t be ridiculous, I know my baby. | 别发神经了 我认得出我的宝宝 |
[02:47] | This is her. | 这就是她 |
[02:50] | Yeah, this is her. | 没错 就是她 |
[02:51] | Good. I saw this Maury Povich show where there was a mix-up, | 很好 我在电视节目上看到有人抱错宝宝 |
[02:55] | and one family got a real clunker. | 其中一个家庭的孩子可真是个”大聪明” |
[02:57] | Well, if she’s a clunker, she’s our clunker. | 就算她是个大聪明 也是我们的大聪明 |
[02:59] | Great. | 真好 |
[03:04] | Morning. | 早安 |
[03:05] | Hello. | 早 |
[03:07] | You’re up early. | 你今天起那么早啊 |
[03:09] | Gave myself extra time in case I had to walk again. | 留点时间以防我又得自己走去学校啊 |
[03:13] | I’m taking you to school. | 我会送你去学校 |
[03:16] | Lots of kids walk, by the way. | 而且很多小孩都是走路上学好吗 |
[03:17] | Like Billy? | 比如比利吗 |
[03:18] | His mom didn’t show up either. | 他妈妈也没去接他 |
[03:20] | It was sad, but I can laugh about it now. | 很可悲 但昨日苦痛已成为我今日的笑料 |
[03:22] | Enough. | 好了好了 |
[03:25] | So, is Mom coming home tonight? | 那… 老妈今晚会回家吗 |
[03:28] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:30] | What’s really going on with you two? | 你们俩个到底怎么了 |
[03:31] | ‘Cause Billy said you and Brenda… | 因为比利说你跟布兰达… |
[03:32] | Drop it. | 别说了 |
[03:35] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[03:37] | Well, since Mom’s not here, I made your lunch. | 妈妈不在 我也帮你做了午餐 |
[03:41] | That was nice. | 真是有心了 |
[03:46] | “Try not forgetting your daughter today. XO, Missy.” | “今天尽量别忘了你的闺女 爱你 米希” |
[03:50] | That’s my name, in case you forgot. | 最后那是我的名字 以免你忘了 |
[03:56] | The next day, as I walked across campus, | 隔天 当我走在校园时 |
[03:58] | I could feel all eyes were on me, | 我能感到所有的目光都在我身上 |
[04:01] | judging me for my failure. | 嘀咕我的失败 |
[04:03] | Look at them laughing at me. | 看看他们嘲笑我的模样 |
[04:04] | It was the closest I ever came to a walk of shame. | 这是我此生离羞耻之路最接近的一次了 |
[04:07] | Well, good morning, Sheldon. | 早上好 谢尔顿 |
[04:10] | What’s good about it? | 有什么好的 |
[04:11] | I’m a laughingstock. | 我就是个笑柄 |
[04:13] | I don’t think anybody cares. | 我不觉得有人在乎啊 |
[04:15] | But my database failed. | 但我的资料库失败了 |
[04:17] | Failure only means something if you quit. | 失败只有在放弃之后才会成真 |
[04:20] | Well, get ready for some meaning. I quit. | 那准备好接受点真玩意儿吧 我退出 |
[04:23] | Hang on. | 别着急 |
[04:24] | Are you familiar with the Fred Astaire song | 你听过知名演员弗雷德·阿斯泰尔的歌 |
[04:27] | “Pick Yourself Up”? | “重振旗鼓”吗 |
[04:28] | No. | 没有 |
[04:29] | From the beloved musical Swing Time? | 出自受人喜爱的音乐电影《摇摆乐时代》 |
[04:33] | Still no. | 还是没有 |
[04:33] | Then prepare to be uplifted. | 那准备好被振奋一番吧 |
[04:37] | ♪ Nothing’s impossible, I have found ♪ | ♪ 世上无难事 只怕有心人 ♪ |
[04:40] | ♪ For when my chin is on the ground ♪ | ♪ 当我被生活击倒在地时 ♪ |
[04:42] | ♪ I pick myself up ♪ | ♪ 我重振旗鼓站起来 ♪ |
[04:44] | ♪ Dust myself off ♪ | ♪ 拍掉身上的灰尘 ♪ |
[04:45] | ♪ Start all over again ♪ | ♪ 然后从头来过 ♪ |
[04:49] | I’m not uplifted. | 没有被振奋到啊 |
[04:50] | Well, then buckle up for the second verse. | 那准备好听听第二段吧 |
[04:53] | ♪ Don’t lose your confidence if you slip ♪ | ♪ 哪怕跌了一跤也不能失去自信 ♪ |
[04:55] | ♪ Be grateful for a pleasant trip ♪ | ♪ 感谢人生这美好的旅程有高有低 ♪ |
[04:58] | ♪ And pick yourself up ♪ | ♪ 重振旗鼓站起来 ♪ |
[04:59] | ♪ Dust yourself off ♪ | ♪ 拍拍身上的灰尘 ♪ |
[05:01] | ♪ Start all over again. ♪ | ♪ 然后从头来过 ♪ |
[05:05] | Maybe it’s gas. Did you burp her? | 可能是胀气 你有拍奶嗝吗 |
[05:07] | What do you think I was doing | 不然你觉得 |
[05:08] | when I was patting her on the back? | 我为啥要拍她的背 |
[05:10] | Did you pat firmly? | 那你有扎实地拍吗 |
[05:11] | The book says “Pat firmly.” | 书上说了要”扎实地拍” |
[05:12] | It was firm, Georgie. | 够扎实了 小乔治 |
[05:14] | Maybe you need to be burped. | 或许你才是需要被拍奶嗝的人 |
[05:16] | Okay, you’re such an expert, why don’t you try? | 行 你是专家是吧 你来拍 |
[05:20] | All right. I was a baby more recently than you were. | 可以 我离婴儿岁月比你近多了 |
[05:24] | It’s okay, CeeCee, | 没事 丝丝 |
[05:25] | Daddy’s here. | 爸爸在呢 |
[05:28] | Good job. | 好棒啊 |
[05:29] | Well, I just met her yesterday, give me a minute. | 我昨天才刚跟她认识 给我点时间 |
[05:32] | – I remember those days. – Me, too. | -我还记得那些日子 -我也记得 |
[05:35] | Boy, were you a crier. | 天啊 你当年可真是个爱哭包 |
[05:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[05:39] | Too little, too late. | 太迟 也太轻飘飘 |
[05:41] | Should I help ’em out? | 我该去帮帮他们吗 |
[05:42] | I got it. | 我来 |
[05:44] | Come on, CeeCee, work with me. | 来嘛 丝丝 配合一下 |
[05:45] | This is your father speaking. | 你要听爸爸的话啊 |
[05:47] | Did she quiet down? | 她安静下来了吗 |
[05:49] | ‘Cause she doesn’t sound quiet. | 听上去并不安静啊 |
[05:51] | Step aside. | 一边儿去 |
[05:52] | Let me show you how it’s done. | 老娘给你露两手 |
[05:53] | – Please. – Come here. Okay. Yeah. | -您请 -宝贝过来 好好好 |
[05:56] | Meemaw’s here now, all right. | 太姥姥来了 你乖啊 |
[06:02] | Shh. Something’s wrong with this one. | 这娃是不是哪里坏了 |
[06:04] | Can her grandma have a turn? | 可以让她奶奶抱一下吗 |
[06:06] | Here, take her. | 来 给你 |
[06:08] | She takes after you. | 遗传到你的爱哭了 |
[06:10] | It’s okay, sweetie, Nana’s here. | 好啦 亲爱的 奶奶来了 |
[06:13] | Nana? Who picked that? | 奶奶 谁挑的称呼 |
[06:15] | I did. | 我挑的 |
[06:16] | Why ain’t you another meemaw? | 为什么你不是姥姥二号 |
[06:18] | ‘Cause I’m the only meemaw. | 因为我是唯一的姥姥 |
[06:22] | Oh, you got her to quiet down. How’d you do that? | 你让她安静下来了 是怎么办到的 |
[06:24] | Nana magic. | 奶奶魔法 |
[06:25] | Okay, well, I’m gonna get some sleep, | 好了 我要去补个眠 |
[06:29] | and I may never come back. | 也有可能再也不回来了 |
[06:38] | I don’t understand. The code is perfect. | 我不理解了 代码十分完美啊 |
[06:41] | It should have worked. | 应该成功才对啊 |
[06:42] | Well, the problem isn’t that it didn’t work, | 问题不是他能不能运行 |
[06:44] | the problem is that nobody wanted to use it. | 问题是没有人想用它 |
[06:47] | So, you’re saying we didn’t fail, the public failed us. | 你的意思是我们没有失败 是群众辜负了我们 |
[06:50] | No, we failed. | 不 我们失败了 |
[06:52] | And you’ve also failed at cheering me up, so good job. | 你在振奋我这事上也失败了 真棒 |
[06:54] | Here’s a thought. | 我有个提议 |
[06:56] | I’ve been toying around with this new plasma confinement idea. | 我最近有在鼓捣关于等离子禁闭的东西 |
[07:00] | Why don’t we work on that | 我们何不去研究那个 |
[07:02] | and, uh, take your mind off the database? | 然后你也暂时先别想这个资料库的事了 |
[07:04] | What if we fail at that, too? | 如果我们研究那个也失败呢 |
[07:06] | Then we’ll have two failures back to back. | 那我们就连续失败了两次 |
[07:07] | I’ll have to leave the country or grow a mustache, | 那我就得离开这个国家 或者长出胡子 |
[07:10] | or leave the country until I can grow a mustache. | 又或者是在长出胡子前 都得离开这个国家 |
[07:12] | Well, we don’t know if we’ll fail until we try. | 只有尝试过后才能知道成功或是失败 |
[07:14] | Counterpoint: if we don’t try, we’ll never fail. | 如果不试 我们就永远不会失败 |
[07:18] | Oh, my little pal, | 我的小兄弟啊 |
[07:20] | do I have to sing again? | 我又得再给你唱一遍了吗 |
[07:22] | Little? I’m towering over you. | 小 我都能俯视你头顶了 |
[07:25] | ♪ Will you remember the famous men ♪ | ♪ 你还记得那个名人 ♪ |
[07:28] | ♪ Who had to fall to rise again? ♪ | ♪ 在失败后又得站起来的故事吗 ♪ |
[07:30] | ♪ So, pick yourself up, dust yourself… ♪ | ♪ 快重振旗鼓站起来 拍掉身上的灰尘” |
[07:36] | She’s so cute. | 她太可爱了 |
[07:38] | Yeah. | 对对对 |
[07:39] | How long has she been crying? | 她哭多久了啊 |
[07:41] | Her whole life. | 她这辈子 |
[07:43] | I got a brother like that. | 我有个这样的哥哥 |
[07:45] | – You want to hold her? – No. | -你想抱抱她吗 -不想 |
[07:48] | – Scared? – Yeah. | -害怕吗 -对啊 |
[07:49] | Smart. Okay, shh… | 真聪明 别哭了 |
[07:53] | Sorry I wasn’t there when she was born. | 很抱歉她出生时我不在现场 |
[07:55] | Oh, you weren’t? | 你不在吗 |
[07:56] | No, they forgot me at school. | 不在啊 他们把我忘在学校了 |
[07:58] | I had to walk home. | 我那天还得自己走回家 |
[08:01] | Then my dad got mad at me, | 然后我爸还生我的气 |
[08:02] | like I was the one who did something wrong. | 好像我才是那个犯错的人 |
[08:05] | How is it that color? | 怎么会是这个颜色 |
[08:06] | She only eats milk. | 她不是只喝奶吗 |
[08:07] | And Mom hasn’t been home, | 我妈一直没回家 |
[08:08] | and I know something’s going on, | 我知道绝对发生了什么事 |
[08:09] | but no one will tell me anything. | 但没有人跟我说任何事情 |
[08:11] | Uh, can you hand me the powder? | 你能把爽身粉递给我吗 |
[08:13] | Do you know what’s going on with them? | 你知道他们发生了什么事吗 |
[08:14] | – Huh? – With my mom and dad. | -什么 -就是我妈与我爸之间 |
[08:18] | Missy, it feels like someone just drove a truck through my body, | 米希 我身体感觉像被卡车碾过去了一样 |
[08:21] | I haven’t sleptin days. I cannot help you right now. | 我也好几天没睡了 我现在真的帮不了你 |
[08:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉打扰了啊 |
[08:28] | Son of a bitch. | 我了个操 |
[08:30] | – Pigs in a blanket? – Yeah. | -猪包毯吗 -没错 |
[08:33] | They’re burnt. | 都烤焦了 |
[08:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:35] | Mom doesn’t cook them that long. | 妈妈就不会在烤箱里放那么久 |
[08:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你啊 |
[08:38] | Would you teach me how to throw a football? | 你能教我怎么丢橄榄球吗 |
[08:40] | What? What? Why? | 啥 什么 为什么 |
[08:43] | I’m trying to get more comfortable with failure. | 我想多适应一下失败的感觉 |
[08:47] | What makes you think you’re gonna fail? | 你为什么觉得你会失败 |
[08:49] | The word “Ball.” | 毕竟是”球类”啊 |
[08:50] | Well, I got to warn you, | 我要提醒你 |
[08:52] | learning to throw isn’t something you get right | 投球不是一次就能学会的 |
[08:53] | on the first try. It… it takes practice. | 需要多练习 |
[08:56] | And does this practice involve setbacks and frustration? | 那练习过程会引发受挫和沮丧这类情绪吗 |
[08:59] | – Yeah. – Perfect. | -会 -正合我意 |
[09:01] | Now, you’ll notice that the shape of this thing | 你会注意到 这玩意的形状 |
[09:04] | is more like a missile, right, | 更像导弹 |
[09:05] | than it is your typical bouncy ball. | 而不是普通的弹力球 |
[09:07] | The term you’re looking for is prolate spheroid. | 你想说又不会说的术语是长椭球体 |
[09:10] | Wasn’t looking for it, but thank you. | 我没想说 不过还是谢谢你的教导啊 |
[09:12] | Now, what do you think | 你认为 |
[09:13] | is the most efficient way to get this thing to fly? | 让这玩意飞出去 最有效的办法是什么 |
[09:16] | Gyroscopic torque. | 陀螺力矩 |
[09:18] | Spiral. | 螺旋式的意思 |
[09:19] | Bingo. All right, | 答对了 |
[09:21] | now get your fingers on the laces here. | 好 现在把手指搭在缝合线上 |
[09:24] | Why is the surface all bumpy? | 为什么表面凹凸不平 |
[09:26] | Used to be made out of pig bladder. | 因为以前是用猪膀胱做的 |
[09:29] | Well… not anymore. It’s… | 现在不是了 改成用… |
[09:33] | Helps with the grip. Okay? | 这样能抓得更紧 明白吗 |
[09:34] | Now, fingers back on it, and get your thumb | 手指放回去 然后用大拇指 |
[09:37] | wrapped around… There you go. | 包住… 好了 |
[09:38] | All right, bring your other hand up. | 用另一只手扶着 |
[09:40] | That helps keep her steady. | 这样球就能抓得牢 |
[09:42] | Bring the ball back to your ear. | 把球举到耳朵旁 |
[09:44] | And when you’re ready to throw, | 准备好投球时 |
[09:46] | bring your arm down like a tomahawk. | 就挥动手臂 像战斧一样往下砍 |
[09:48] | Get that ball spinning. All right? | 让球旋转起来 明白吗 |
[09:53] | And am I correct in assuming that more revolutions | 我这样想对吗 更高的转数 |
[09:56] | will create a parabolic arc that resists external forces? | 能形成抛物线 从而抵抗外力 |
[10:00] | Sure. | 当然当然 |
[10:01] | All right, whenever you’re ready, | 你准备好就投吧 |
[10:02] | let’s see if you can reach me. | 看能不能投到我这里 |
[10:05] | Let the setbacks and frustration begin. | 受挫和沮丧感向我袭来吧 |
[10:09] | Good Lord. That was incredible. | 没想到哇 投得真棒 |
[10:13] | Yeah, I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[10:16] | Where you going? | 你去哪 |
[10:17] | To hit the showers. Apparently I’m a jock now. | 去淋浴 毕竟我已经成臭脚体育生了 |
[10:23] | I got the baby to settle down. Easy peasy. | 我把宝宝哄睡了 小菜一碟 |
[10:26] | Take it down a notch, Nana. | 别那么嚣张 奶奶 |
[10:28] | I will try, but I don’t know if I can. | 我也想低调点 但估计做不到 |
[10:30] | Georgie on the couch? | 小乔治在沙发睡吗 |
[10:32] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[10:35] | And what exactly is it that’s wrong with your bed? | 你自己的床到底有什么问题 |
[10:38] | My husband’s in it. | 我老公睡在上面 |
[10:40] | So, you’re just gonna keep sleeping here | 你打算一直在我这蹭睡 |
[10:42] | instead of dealing with it? | 不去解决矛盾吗 |
[10:44] | I’m helping with the baby. | 我要帮忙带娃啊 |
[10:45] | She’ll still be crying tomorrow. Go home. | 她明天还是会哭的 给我回家去 |
[10:49] | I will. | 我会回去的 |
[10:50] | I just need my space right now. | 只是现在需要点个人空间 |
[10:53] | I know the feeling. | 此刻的我太懂你的感受 |
[10:57] | You’re cranky. | 你好暴躁哦 |
[10:59] | You want me to rock you to sleep? | 想要我抱着你 哄你睡觉觉吗 |
[11:00] | I’m pretty good at it. | 我很厉害的哦 |
[11:01] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰老娘 |
[11:09] | Did you ever find out | 你搞清楚 |
[11:10] | where your mom was the other day? | 你妈那天去哪了吗 |
[11:12] | She was at the hospital for your brother’s baby. | 她去医院了 因为你哥的小孩要出生 |
[11:16] | What? | 什么 |
[11:16] | Did you not know he had one? | 你不知道他小孩出生了吗 |
[11:19] | It’s a girl. | 是个女宝宝哦 |
[11:21] | No talking during the test. | 考试时不要说话 |
[11:26] | – Your mom was there? – Yeah. | -你妈也在医院 -是的 |
[11:29] | So I was the only person in the whole world who wasn’t there. | 所以全世界只有我没到场 |
[11:32] | Keep your eyes on your own papers. | 眼睛别乱瞟 只看你的试卷 |
[11:34] | I’m not cheating. | 我不是在作弊 |
[11:36] | Well, that’s not what it looks like. | 看起来不是这样 |
[11:38] | I guess you would know what cheating looks like. | 不过你应该最清楚作弊[出轨]是什么样 |
[11:40] | Ask your husband. | 问你老公就知道了 |
[11:43] | What has gotten into you? | 你到底哪根筋不对啊 |
[11:45] | Well? Answer your mother. | 快回答你妈妈 |
[11:47] | So the only time you two talk to each other is to yell at me? | 你们只有在混合双打骂我时才会交谈吗 |
[11:49] | – That is not true. – Oh, really? | -当然不是 -真的吗 |
[11:52] | Where have you been sleeping the last couple nights? | 那你前两晚去哪里睡了 |
[11:53] | Whoa, you do not talk to us that way. | 你没资格这样跟爸妈说话 |
[11:56] | And you do not talk to your teacher that way either. | 你也不能用这种语气呛老师 |
[11:59] | Sheldon says obnoxious things all the time, | 谢尔顿也常说这种怼人的话啊 |
[12:01] | but it’s fine ’cause he’s special. | 但因为他是”特殊”的小孩 所以就没关系 |
[12:02] | This is not about Sheldon. | 这事跟谢尔顿没关系 |
[12:04] | For once. | 终于有一次他不是主角了 |
[12:06] | We forgot to pick you up one time. Cut the drama. | 我们不就忘了接你一回吗 戏别那么多 |
[12:09] | One time? You’ve been forgetting me my entire life. | 一回 我这辈子都被你们无视忽略 |
[12:12] | Everything is Sheldon, and now Georgie has a baby, | 所有人围着谢尔顿转 现在小乔治有孩子了 |
[12:14] | and you two are fighting. | 你们又吵架 |
[12:16] | Might as well be invisible. | 我索性隐形算了 |
[12:18] | Not today you’re not. | 你今天可别想隐形装没事 |
[12:25] | Not an appropriate song for this moment. | 现在放这首歌不应景 |
[12:29] | Hello, Niblingo. Little nibling. | 你好 侄手足家长 小侄手足 |
[12:32] | What is it, Sheldon? | 干嘛啊 谢尔顿 |
[12:33] | I was hoping I could try to calm your baby down. | 我想试试帮你安抚宝宝 |
[12:35] | – Why? – I’m trying new things to build up a tolerance | -为什么 -我在做各种尝试 为了增强 |
[12:38] | for setbacks and frustration. | 对受挫和沮丧的忍耐度 |
[12:41] | So you want to use my child for some kind of experiment? | 你想拿我孩子做试验的意思 |
[12:43] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:45] | Okay, here you go. | 好耶 快接着她 |
[12:46] | ♪ Soft kitty, warm kitty ♪ | ♪ 软猫猫 暖猫猫 ♪ |
[12:49] | ♪ Little ball of fur ♪ | ♪ 小毛球猫猫 ♪ |
[12:52] | ♪ Happy kitty, sleepy kitty ♪ | ♪ 笑猫猫 困猫猫 ♪ |
[12:55] | ♪ Purr, purr, purr. ♪ | ♪ 呼噜呼噜呼噜 ♪ |
[12:59] | Are you freaking kidding me? | 这就哄好了 逗我呢吧 |
[13:01] | I’m not happy about it either. | 我对自己的天资过人也很不满意 |
[13:07] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 别啊 求你别哭 |
[13:09] | ♪ Soft kitty, kitty, kitty. ♪ | ♪ 软猫猫 小猫猫 ♪ |
[13:12] | Sheldon, come back. | 谢尔顿 回来救我啊 |
[13:18] | Dr. Linkletter, I need your help. | 林克莱特博士 我需要您的帮助 |
[13:20] | Of course. | 好啊 |
[13:21] | Let me just drop everything so I can be of assistance. | 我立马丢下手头的正事 好协助你 |
[13:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:27] | I’m trying to embrace failure, | 我在试着接受失败 |
[13:29] | and I realized that social subtleties | 我意识到社交的微妙之处 |
[13:31] | like sarcasm can sometimes evade me. | 例如讽刺 会难倒我 |
[13:33] | You don’t say. | 不会吧 |
[13:34] | No, it’s true. | 是真的 |
[13:35] | And I was hoping you could pepper | 我希望你能在我们的对话中 |
[13:37] | our conversation with sarcasm, so I can try to identify it. | 加入一些讽刺 让我试着鉴别出来 |
[13:40] | Oh, boy, when do we start? | 什么时候开始好呢 |
[13:41] | Now would be great. | 现在开始就很好 |
[13:43] | Sheldon, that was sarcasm. | 谢尔顿 刚才那句就是阴阳怪气 |
[13:45] | Oh, let me try again. | 原来如此 我再试一次 |
[13:46] | Is this about your database? | 你是因为资料库的事吗 |
[13:48] | Yes. | 是 |
[13:49] | You know, I was also working on a database | 我之前也在研发一个资料库 |
[13:52] | that I thought would be more successful than yours. | 我认为会比你的更成功 |
[13:55] | Sarcasm? | 是讽刺吗 |
[13:56] | No. | 并不是 |
[13:57] | Oh, darn it. | 可恶 猜错了 |
[13:58] | Wait, was the “No” sarcasm? | 等等 “并不是”是讽刺吗 |
[13:59] | – No. – Are you sure? | -不是 -你确定吗 |
[14:01] | – Yes. – Ugh, | -确定 -心累 |
[14:02] | I’ll never be comfortable with failure. | 我永远无法坦然接受失败 |
[14:04] | My point is, I was experiencing something similar, | 我想说的是 我也在经历和你类似的状况 |
[14:07] | and there’s no shortcut through grief. | 悲伤是没有捷径可走的 |
[14:09] | Those are wise words. | 这番话有见地 |
[14:11] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[14:12] | It was smart I came to you. | 我来找你真是太明智了 |
[14:13] | You’re clearly an expert on humiliation and defeat. | 你显然是耻辱和挫败方面的专家 |
[14:17] | Sarcasm? | 这是讽刺吗 |
[14:18] | – No. – Leave. | -不是 -给我滚 |
[14:19] | – Sarcasm? – No. | -这是讽刺吗 -不是 |
[14:21] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:24] | – Go to your room. – Fine. | -给我回房间去 -行吧 |
[14:26] | And you’re gonna apologize to Mrs. Wilkins. | 你要向威尔金斯老师道歉 |
[14:28] | That’s not her name anymore. | 她离婚后就改姓了 |
[14:32] | Can you believe her? | 这孩子像话吗 |
[14:34] | Well, maybe this wouldn’t have happened if you were around. | 你要是有多陪陪她 也许她就不会这么叛逆了 |
[14:36] | Are you really trying to blame this on me? | 你真想把这事怪到我头上吗 |
[14:39] | I’m not the one sleeping across the street. | 睡在马路对面的又不是我 |
[14:41] | I’m here with our kids. | 我一直在家陪着孩子们 |
[14:46] | So you want to get into this? Let’s get into this. | 你想开启这个话题吗 那就来聊啊 |
[14:49] | What is going on with you and Brenda? | 你和布兰达是什么情况 |
[14:51] | – Nothing. – It doesn’t seem like it. | -没情况 -看起来并不清白 |
[14:55] | What, you’re honestly saying that you don’t light up | 罗伯牧师每次出现 |
[14:57] | every time Pastor Rob’s around? | 你难道不是都露出甜蜜的笑容吗 |
[15:03] | Maybe I do. | 也许是吧 |
[15:06] | Nothing ever happened. | 我们没有越界 |
[15:08] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会做那种事 |
[15:09] | What, you saying I would? | 你意思是我会吗 |
[15:11] | – You tell me. – I wouldn’t. | -你自己说 -我当然不会 |
[15:13] | But you like being around her. | 但你喜欢和她待在一起 |
[15:34] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[15:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:52] | What are you doing here? Where’s the baby? | 你怎么跑这来了 孩子呢 |
[15:54] | She’s fine. She’s with Connie. | 她没事 康妮在照看她 |
[15:57] | I just needed a couple minutes. | 我需要休息几分钟 |
[16:00] | Which was… | 原来我已经睡了… |
[16:01] | a couple hours ago. | 几个小时了 |
[16:03] | I’ll go check on her, unless you want to. | 我去看看她的情况 除非你想自己去 |
[16:06] | Actually… | 其实 |
[16:08] | I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道自己想要什么 |
[16:10] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:12] | My daughter hates me. | 我女儿讨厌我 |
[16:13] | What difference does it make if I’m there or not? | 我在不在她身边有区别吗 |
[16:16] | – You know that ain’t true. – Really? | -你知道这不是真的 -不是吗 |
[16:18] | Because all she does is cry, | 她一天到晚哭个不停 |
[16:20] | and I’m tired all the time, | 我总是筋疲力尽 |
[16:22] | and even your brother is better at soothing her than I am. | 连你弟弟都比我更会安抚她 |
[16:27] | You’re just a little overwhelmed. It’s normal. | 你只是有点不知所措 这很正常 |
[16:30] | Why aren’t you? | 你为什么没有 |
[16:31] | Well, we can’t both be freaked out at the same time. | 我们不能同时慌了阵脚 |
[16:34] | We got to take turns. | 得轮流崩溃 |
[16:35] | When’s your turn? | 那什么时候才轮到你 |
[16:37] | Already had it. | 我已经崩溃过了 |
[16:39] | I was so scared when I got to | 我赶到医院那时 |
[16:40] | the hospital, I… | 太害怕了 于是我… |
[16:42] | I got back in my car and drove away. | 我又回到车上 离开了 |
[16:46] | While I was in labor?! | 在我辛苦分娩的时候吗 |
[16:47] | Don’t hit me. We’re sharing freak-outs. | 别打我啊 我们在分享惊慌失措的经历 |
[16:50] | And I still came back. | 再说我还是回来了 |
[16:54] | What kind of parents are we? | 我们算哪门子的父母啊 |
[16:55] | The new kind, | 新手父母呗 |
[16:57] | the well-meaning, dumb kind. | 心有余而智力不足那一类 |
[17:00] | We’re gonna get better, right? | 我们会变得更好的 对吗 |
[17:01] | We ain’t got no choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[17:06] | I’ll let you sleep. I’m gonna go check on CeeCee. | 你再睡会吧 我去看丝丝 |
[17:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:15] | What are you smiling at? | 你在笑什么 |
[17:17] | Just thinking. | 就是突然想到 |
[17:18] | We might’ve conceived CeeCee in this very garage. | 我们可能就是在这个车库造丝成功的 |
[17:21] | Okay, you’re gross. Leave now. | 你真恶心 快走吧 |
[17:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:32] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[17:34] | Oh, um… | 啊 |
[17:35] | I’m just gonna be staying at Meemaw’s a little bit longer. | 我要在姥姥家再多住几天 |
[17:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:42] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[17:44] | No. | 有事 |
[17:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[17:48] | My database… | 我的资料库 |
[17:50] | I’ve-I’ve never failed like this before, | 我从没经历过这样的惨败 |
[17:54] | and it frightens me. | 这让我感到害怕 |
[17:57] | Oh… sweetie, | 宝贝 |
[17:59] | I’m sorry. Sometimes, | 我很遗憾 有的时候 |
[18:01] | no matter how much we want things to work out, | 不管我们多希望某件事能成功 |
[18:04] | they just don’t. | 就是会事与愿违 |
[18:31] | Dealing with failure is a tricky business. | 应对失败是件难事 |
[18:34] | You can face it head on and try to overcome it. | 你可以直面它 试着克服它 |
[18:40] | Good job, Mama. | 做得好 孩子的妈 |
[18:43] | You can avoid it. | 你可以避免它发生 |
[18:45] | Thanks for letting me stay. | 谢谢你让我在这睡 |
[18:47] | For as long as you need. | 你需要住多久都行 |
[18:50] | You can try to drown it out. | 可以试着麻痹自己 |
[18:55] | Or you can try to talk to someone about it. | 也可以试着和别人倾诉 |
[19:10] | And some people choose to run. | 还有些人选择逃走 |