时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I reached out to a colleague who’s doing | 我联系了一位同事 |
[00:04] | a summer research program at the University of Heidelberg, | 他正在海德堡大学做一项暑期研究项目 |
[00:08] | and I think I can get you in. | 我应该能帮你加入 |
[00:10] | Heidelberg, Germany? | 德国的海德堡吗 |
[00:11] | Yes, and they’re doing exciting work on superstrings. | 没错 他们正在对超弦理论进行有意思的研究 |
[00:15] | Well, that would certainly help my grad school applications. | 那绝对对我申请研究所有帮助 |
[00:17] | Ich helfe dir beim packen. | 吾助汝具装 |
[00:19] | That’s German for “I’ll help you pack.” | 就是德语的”我会帮你收拾行李” |
[00:25] | If we put in one of them things that spins | 如果我们在店里摆一台 |
[00:27] | the hot dogs around, we would make a fortune. | 那种自转烤热狗机 绝对能发大财 |
[00:29] | Oh, then they spill mustard on themselves, | 他们吃一吃还可能不小心滴了黄芥末酱 |
[00:32] | it’s right back in the washer. | 直接脱了再扔进去洗 |
[00:34] | That’s money making money, sister. | 这不就是钱滚钱吗 姐妹 |
[00:35] | Yeah, ’cause that’s how people want | 对对对 所有人最巴不得 |
[00:37] | their clothes to smell– like hot dogs. | 身上衣服闻起来有热狗味了 |
[00:39] | I love how hot dogs smell. | 我就爱热狗的味道啊 |
[00:41] | Huh. And you wonder why Mandy won’t marry you. | 你猜猜为什么曼蒂到现在还不愿意嫁给你 |
[00:46] | Wade, what the hell are you doing here? | 韦德 你他妈在这里干嘛呢 |
[00:48] | We’re not open yet. | 我们都还没开门 |
[00:49] | The door was. | 门开着的啊 |
[00:52] | Did you forget to lock up? | 你忘了锁门吗 |
[00:54] | No. | 没有啊 |
[00:55] | Well, the door didn’t open itself. | 门还能自己打开吗 |
[00:58] | The lock’s busted. | 锁被撬了 |
[01:00] | File cabinet, too. Cashbox is gone. | 档案柜锁也被撬了 收银盒没了 |
[01:02] | We’ve been robbed. | 我们遭贼了 |
[01:04] | We’ve been robbed. | 我们遭贼了 |
[01:05] | We’ve been robbed? | 我们遭贼了吗 |
[01:07] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:10] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:13] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:15] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:18] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:26] | Looks like they jimmied the door with a crowbar. | 看起来他们是用撬棍弄开了门 |
[01:29] | Sure does. | 的确 |
[01:31] | it’s a lucky break | 也算不幸中的大幸 |
[01:32] | that when it happened, nobody was here. | 发生的时候 里面没人在 |
[01:34] | If I had been here, | 要是老娘在 |
[01:36] | we’d be looking for a place to bury the body. | 我们现在就得找埋尸体的地方了 |
[01:38] | Yours or theirs? | 你的还是人家的 |
[01:41] | So, what’s the next step? What are you gonna do? | 下一步是什么 你打算怎么做 |
[01:45] | I was gonna get some lunch. | 我打算去吃午饭 |
[01:47] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[01:48] | Aren’t you gonna file a report or-or dust for fingerprints? | 你不给我们立个案或扫扫指纹之类的吗 |
[01:51] | Yeah, what are we paying you for? | 我们付你钱干啥用的呢 |
[01:54] | You’re paying me to not shut you down. | 你们付的钱是保住店不被扫掉 |
[01:57] | Unless you want me to bring detectives | 还是你们想我带警探来 |
[01:59] | to your illegal gambling room. | 看看你们这非法赌博场所 |
[02:02] | So, what do we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[02:04] | You need security when you’re not here. | 你需要一个打烊后的保全人员 |
[02:07] | Maybe an off-duty cop. | 比如请一个下班后的警察之类的 |
[02:09] | You want me to pay you more? | 你想我再多付你一点钱吗 |
[02:11] | I just want you to feel safe. | 我只是希望你能感到安心 |
[02:14] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[02:16] | Y’all have a nice day. | 祝你们有美好的一天 |
[02:24] | I brought you some snacks. | 我给你们准备了些小点 |
[02:25] | For Mom, a Bavarian-style pretzel. | 给妈妈的是巴伐利亚风椒盐卷饼 |
[02:28] | And for Dad, four Lone Star beers poured into a pitcher | 至于老爸 把四瓶孤星啤酒倒成一扎 |
[02:31] | to approximate a stein. | 来模拟德式大酒杯 |
[02:33] | What do you want? | 你又想要什么了 |
[02:34] | For starters, a danke wouldn’t kill you. | 首先 跟我说一句”蛋壳”不会死吧 |
[02:36] | – A what? – It’s “Thank you” in German. | -什么 -是德语里的”谢谢”啦 |
[02:39] | Uh, so, if you were thinking of thanking, | 所以如果你在”想着””谢谢” |
[02:40] | then you’d be denken of danken. | 那就是”等颗””蛋壳” |
[02:44] | You’re awfully quiet. I assume you’re denken. | 你们好安静啊 我猜你们脑子里在”等颗”吧 |
[02:46] | W-Where are you going with all this? | 你搞这些虚的是想干嘛 |
[02:48] | If I play my cards right, Germany. | 如果计划顺利的话 德国 |
[02:49] | – What? – I have the opportunity to participate | -什么 -我得到了非常难得的 |
[02:52] | in a prestigious summer program at the University of Heidelberg. | 去海德堡大学暑期项目的机会 |
[02:55] | – Sheldon, I don’t… – I know that you’re probably gonna say | -谢尔顿 我不… -我知道你大概会说 |
[02:57] | that I’m too young or it’s too far away, | 我还太小 那里太远之类的话 |
[02:59] | but please just hear me out. | 但求你们听我说说 |
[03:01] | He did bring us snacks. | 好歹他都给我们弄了小点 |
[03:03] | Beer is not a snack. | 啤酒不算小点 |
[03:06] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿 |
[03:07] | aren’t there programs that are closer? | 难道没有不那么远的项目吗 |
[03:10] | Yes, but I missed my chance to get into any of them. | 有 但我错过所有报名的机会了 |
[03:12] | In fact, Dr. Sturgis had to call in a big favor | 说实话 斯特吉斯博士也是拼命去求 |
[03:14] | to get this opportunity. | 才帮我弄到了这个机会 |
[03:16] | Well, that’s nice of him, | 他真是有心了 |
[03:18] | but maybe he should have talked to us first? | 但难道他不应该先跟我们讨论过吗 |
[03:20] | Oh, he suggested that. | 他这么建议过 |
[03:21] | And? I nixed it. | -然后呢 -我驳了 |
[03:23] | You nixed it? | 你驳了吗 |
[03:24] | From the German nichts. | 驳是从德语”你黑子”来的 |
[03:26] | The language lends itself to negativity. | 这语言有很多这样消极否定的词 |
[03:28] | Well, we’re gonna have to talk to Dr. Sturgis | 我们得跟斯特吉斯博士先聊过 |
[03:31] | before we make any decisions. | 才能做任何决定 |
[03:34] | We’re not making any promises. | 我们可不做任何保证啊 |
[03:36] | This is not a yes. | 你别把这个当同意了 |
[03:37] | But it’s also not a nein, which German for “No,” | 但这也不是”奶” 也就是德语的”不” |
[03:40] | as opposed to the number nine, which is neun. | 但这不是数字9的”乃” 9的德语是”糯” |
[03:46] | Thanks. Come again. | 谢谢 下次再来 |
[03:50] | Let me know if you need help finding anything. | 想找什么可以直接跟我说 |
[03:52] | Ugh. How about something fun to do in this town? | 这城市里任何有趣的事情 |
[03:55] | You like roller rinks? | 你喜欢溜冰场吗 |
[03:57] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[03:58] | Bowling? | 保龄球呢 |
[03:59] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[04:00] | You old enough to drive? | 你到能开车的年龄了吗 |
[04:02] | No. | 没 |
[04:03] | Can’t help you. Just move here? | 帮不了你 你刚搬来吗 |
[04:06] | I’m staying with my aunt and uncle for the summer. | 我只是暑期过来住在我阿姨和姨丈家 |
[04:09] | If you want, I can rent you a rated-R movie. | 有兴趣的话 我可以租你一部限制级电影 |
[04:12] | I’ll even slip it in a Disney box. | 我可以帮你放进迪士尼电影的盒里 |
[04:14] | What do you have in mind? | 你打算推荐哪部 |
[04:17] | Point Break. Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze? | 《惊爆点》 基努·里维斯 帕特里克·斯威兹 |
[04:20] | I like Swayze. | 我喜欢斯威兹 |
[04:21] | I like Keanu. | 我喜欢基努 |
[04:22] | Great, so I don’t need to fight you. | 太好啦 那我不用跟你抢男人 |
[04:24] | All right, Point Break in a Bambibox coming right up. | 行 装在《小鹿斑比》里的《惊爆点》马上来 |
[04:27] | You can put that on my uncle’s account. It’s Jeff Difford. | 挂我姨丈账户上 他是杰夫·迪福德 |
[04:30] | Like Pastor Jeff? | 杰夫牧师吗 |
[04:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:32] | He’s my neighbor. | 他是我邻居 |
[04:34] | You’re staying right next door to us. | 你就住在我们家隔壁 |
[04:35] | Maybe we can watch it together. | 那我们可以一起看啊 |
[04:37] | Not at my house. My mom can’t know I rented you this. | 我家没戏 都不能让我妈知道我租给你这个 |
[04:40] | Well, my uncle can’t know I’m watching it. | 我姨丈也不能知道我看了这个 |
[04:42] | We could watch it in our garage. My brother’s got a TV in there. | 可以到我家的车库看 我哥的电视在里面 |
[04:46] | Cool. | 牛啊 |
[04:47] | He kind of looks like Patrick Swayze. | 他长得有一点像帕特里克·斯威兹 |
[04:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:50] | But, like, a stupid Patrick Swayze. | 但是是傻逼版帕特里克·斯威兹 |
[04:53] | Eh. Still works. | 还是可以 |
[04:58] | I understand your trepidation, | 我能理解你们的忧虑 |
[05:00] | but you were also nervous about | 但你们当时不也很紧张 |
[05:02] | sending him here, and that turned out fine. | 要把他送来上学的事 现在不也很好吗 |
[05:04] | I suppose, but Germany is just so far away. | 大概吧 但德国实在太远了 |
[05:08] | Well, maybe it’d be good for him. | 或许对他会有帮助呢 |
[05:09] | You know– a little independence, nobody babying him. | 就是… 增加点独立性 没人溺爱他 |
[05:14] | What? Germans are a tough-love people. | 干嘛 德国人都是铁血教育 |
[05:17] | Is this trip really that important for him? | 去那里对他有那么重要吗 |
[05:21] | The string theory research they’re doing | 那里在做的弦理论研究 |
[05:23] | is at the forefront of the field. | 是在领域的最前沿 |
[05:26] | This is a tremendous opportunity for Sheldon. | 这对谢尔顿是天大的好机会 |
[05:30] | Well, we wouldn’t want him to miss out. | 我们也不想他错过好机会 |
[05:34] | And you’re okay with looking after him all summer? | 那你真的愿意整个暑期都照看他吗 |
[05:36] | – Oh, I won’t be there. – You won’t? | -我不会在那里啊 -你不会吗 |
[05:39] | Oh, no, I’ll be presenting a paper in Needles, California. | 不会 我要去加州的尼德尔斯市提交论文 |
[05:42] | If you’re a Peanut’s fan, | 如果你们是《花生漫画》的粉丝 |
[05:44] | that’s where Snoopy’s brother Spike lives. | 那里是史努比的哥哥史派克住的地方呢 |
[05:47] | Hold on, are you saying Sheldon would be | 等等 你的意思是说 |
[05:50] | going to Germany by himself? | 谢尔顿得自己一个人去德国吗 |
[05:53] | Well, one of you could go with him. | 你们其中一人也可以陪他去啊 |
[05:55] | And the university would cover our expenses as well? | 大学也会包我们过去陪读的支出吗 |
[05:58] | The university isn’t gonna pay for any of it. | 大学并不会包任何一点费用啊 |
[06:02] | Okay, meeting adjourned. | 行了 会议结束 |
[06:04] | Great. Well, let me know | 好的 如果有其他地方 |
[06:05] | if there’s anything else I can, uh, help you with. | 我可以帮上忙 那就跟我说 |
[06:08] | Actually there is. Um… | 其实有一件事… |
[06:11] | Would you tell Sheldon that he’s not going? | 你能告诉谢尔顿他不能去的这个坏消息吗 |
[06:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:22] | Everything going okay? | 一切都还好吧 |
[06:24] | Yep. | 很好 |
[06:25] | Anyone suspicious hanging around? | 有任何可疑的人出没吗 |
[06:27] | Just a crazy old man with a bat. | 有个拿着球棒的疯老头 |
[06:30] | I’m just trying to make sure that you’re safe. | 我只是想要确保你一切平安 |
[06:33] | That’s very sweet, but I-I can handle it. | 你真是有心了 但我能搞定啦 |
[06:36] | You can, huh? | 你可以是吗 |
[06:39] | You ever think this might have been an inside job? | 那你想过这是里应外合的案子吗 |
[06:43] | Like, any one of these clowns here | 比方说现在店里的这些傻子 |
[06:44] | could have been part of the crew that ripped you off last night? | 有任何人有可能是昨晚窃贼的同伙吗 |
[06:48] | And now they’re sitting here giving me my money back? | 犯案后又坐回来店里把钱还给我吗 |
[06:53] | Not all criminals are masterminds, Connie. | 不是所有罪犯都是犯罪天才啊 康妮 |
[06:56] | Okay, fine. What’s your plan? | 好了 行 你有什么计划 |
[06:58] | Until we track down the guys | 在我们追查到这帮男人 |
[07:01] | or girls– | 或女人前 |
[07:02] | I’m a-I’m a modern thinker– | 我思想很先进的 |
[07:05] | I’ll be around, acting as a deterrent… | 我会在店里 起到威吓作用 |
[07:10] | with my friend here. | 与我手里的好兄弟一起 |
[07:12] | Lil’ Slugger. | 小棒吗 |
[07:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:16] | It only looks small ’cause I’m so big. | 它看起来小是因为我太雄壮威武 |
[07:36] | Nice-looking watch you got there. | 你手上的表看起来挺不错啊 |
[07:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:40] | Is it new? | 新的吗 |
[07:41] | Actually, yeah. | 其实还真是 |
[07:43] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[07:45] | You recently come into some money? | 你最近刚发财吗 |
[07:48] | Kind of. My uncle just passed away. | 算吧 我叔叔刚过世不久 |
[07:51] | Oh. Well, ain’t that a coincidence? | 无巧不成书啊 |
[07:55] | What from? | 怎么死的 |
[07:56] | Emphysema. | 肺气肿 |
[07:58] | He smoke? | 他抽烟吗 |
[07:59] | Yeah. | 抽的 |
[08:02] | All right, then. | 那行吧 |
[08:08] | Maybe instead of harassing the customers, | 与其骚扰我们的顾客 |
[08:11] | why don’t you go over and stand by that door | 要不你就过去站在门边 |
[08:12] | and just look intimidating? | 震慑宵小吧 |
[08:14] | You got it. Watch this. | 妥了 看好了 |
[08:23] | You want a chair? | 想要椅子吗 |
[08:24] | Chair would be good. Yeah. | 那再好不过了 |
[08:27] | Let me go get my inflatable donut. | 我去拿我的充气椅垫 |
[08:29] | Got a little fire in the valley. | 菊花长了点痔疮 |
[08:34] | When is the next train? | 下一班火车是什么时候 |
[08:36] | Wann faährt der naächste Zug? | “玩匪儿得捏死个猪哥” |
[08:38] | Wann faährt der naächste Zug? | “玩匪儿得捏死个猪哥” |
[08:42] | How is this not a Romance language? | 这怎么会不是浪漫语言呢 |
[08:43] | Shelly? | 谢利 |
[08:44] | Uh, eintreten. | “按泰坦” |
[08:45] | That’s German for “Enter.” | 这是德语”进”的意思 |
[08:47] | Yeah, about that… | 说到这件事 |
[08:49] | Uh, we had a long talk with Dr. Sturgis. | 我们跟斯特吉斯博士好好聊了一番 |
[08:53] | Oh, did he tell you how great this program is | 他有跟你们说这个项目 |
[08:54] | and what a boon it’ll be to my career? | 对我未来的职业生涯多有帮助吗 |
[08:56] | He did. | 有 |
[08:57] | He also told us how much it costs, | 他也跟我们说了费用 |
[08:59] | and it’s more than we can handle. | 我们实在是无力承担 |
[09:01] | I’ll pay you back. I’m sure I’ll make plenty | 我以后会还给你们 我很确定我以后 |
[09:02] | as a theoretical physicist. | 当理论物理学家能挣很多钱 |
[09:04] | I’m sure you will, but right now, | 我相信 但现在 |
[09:05] | we don’t have the money. | 我们没那么多钱 |
[09:07] | Have you considered scrimping and saving? | 你们有考虑过省点开销吗 |
[09:08] | I… Do we really need breakfast, lunch and dinner? | 比如说我们真需要吃早餐午餐和晚餐吗 |
[09:10] | Sheldon, you do our taxes. | 谢尔顿 我们家的税都是你核算的 |
[09:12] | And I’m about to start charging for that. | 我马上就要开始收费了 |
[09:14] | Shelly, I’m sorry, but it’s no. | 谢利 很抱歉 但就是不行 |
[09:17] | Ach! | 嗟夫[德语] |
[09:21] | I’ll admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[09:22] | Keanu’s pretty cute. | 基努是挺帅的 |
[09:23] | Hey, you called Swayze, | 你已经选了斯威兹 |
[09:24] | you stick with Swayze. | 就不许乱改墙头 |
[09:26] | Fine, I’ll be Mrs. Patrick Swayze. | 好吧 那我还是帕特里克·斯威兹的老婆 |
[09:28] | Lose something, brah? | 哥们 丢东西了吗 |
[09:30] | Special Agent Utah. | 我是特别探员尤塔 |
[09:31] | Why’d you want to spend the summer with Pastor Jeff? | 你为什么想在杰夫牧师那度暑假 |
[09:34] | I didn’t. My parents found out I had a boyfriend and freaked. | 我才不想 是我爸妈发现我偷交男朋友 他们慌了 |
[09:38] | Ooh, tell me everything. | 快给我娓娓道来 |
[09:40] | Okay, his name is Zach. | 好吧 他叫扎克 |
[09:42] | He has a learner’s permit and his own phone line. | 他有学习驾照 还有专用的电话号码 |
[09:45] | So, like, a man? | 这么说他像个成熟的男人 |
[09:47] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[09:55] | I’ve got a bicycle pump if you want to | 我有单车打气筒 |
[09:58] | top off your donut. | 可以给你的椅垫打点气 |
[09:59] | No, actually, I’m experiencing a little too much bounce. | 不用 其实已经有点太弹了 |
[10:04] | I found something. | 我有发现 |
[10:05] | – What you got? – I thought one of our neighbors | -什么发现 -我想某个邻居家 |
[10:07] | might have a security camera, | 可能有装监控摄像 |
[10:09] | and Sensei Bruce at the karate studio came through. | 果然空手道教室的布鲁斯师父伸出了援手 |
[10:11] | Oh, good job, Georgie. | 干得漂亮 小乔治 |
[10:13] | And what’d you see? | 你看到什么了 |
[10:15] | A pickup truck driving away from our back door | 凌晨2点15分时 一辆敞篷小型皮卡 |
[10:17] | 2:15 in the morning. | 驶离我们的后门 |
[10:18] | Ooh, now we got him. Or her. | 这下逮着他了 或是她 |
[10:23] | – Did you get a license plate? – No. | -你有看到车牌号吗 -没有 |
[10:25] | How about the color? | 那车身颜色呢 |
[10:26] | Well, the tape’s in black and white. | 录像带是黑白的 |
[10:28] | But it was not black and it was not white. | 不过 那辆车不是黑色也不是白色的 |
[10:30] | So the getaway car is a color. | 这么说逃逸车是某种颜色 |
[10:33] | Or grey. | 或是灰色的 |
[10:35] | Okay. Not quite a smoking gun, | 虽然不算确凿证据 |
[10:37] | but at least we know the perp drove a truck. | 但至少我们知道了 罪犯开皮卡 |
[10:41] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[10:42] | Could I have everybody’s attention for just a minute? | 各位 占用下你们一点时间 |
[10:44] | Show of hands, | 在座有皮卡的人 |
[10:46] | who here owns a truck? | 请举手 |
[10:51] | It ain’t my fault we live in Texas. | 我们住在皮卡大州德州也不能怪我啊 |
[10:55] | Did you take my boom box? | 你拿了我的收音机吗 |
[10:57] | It’s on my desk. | 在我书桌上 |
[10:59] | Next time, don’t touch my stuff without asking. | 下次问过我再拿我的东西 |
[11:01] | You’re right, I’m sorry. | 你说得对 抱歉 |
[11:04] | German for Beginners? | 《德语入门》 |
[11:06] | Why are you so weird? | 你这人怎么那么古怪 |
[11:08] | I was hoping to spend the summer in Germany. | 我希望能去德国度暑假 |
[11:10] | The country in Europe. | 欧洲那个国家吗 |
[11:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:14] | For the whole summer? | 整个暑假吗 |
[11:15] | Yes. But Mom and Dad said we can’t afford it. | 没错 但爸妈说我们家负担不起费用 |
[11:17] | Oh, you can’t take no for an answer. | 你不能轻言放弃 |
[11:19] | You deserve this. I deserve this. | 这是你应得的 也是我应得的 |
[11:22] | We deserve this. | 是我们应得的 |
[11:23] | What am I supposed to do? We don’t have the money. | 我能怎么办 我们没那么多钱 |
[11:25] | I have $34 saved up. It’s yours. | 我存了34块 全给你了 |
[11:27] | It’s a lot more than that. | 这连零头都不够 |
[11:29] | Well, we’re gonna figure this out. | 我们会想出办法的 |
[11:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:32] | We’ll start with getting enough money | 先攒够一张去德国的 |
[11:33] | for a one-way ticket. | 单程票的钱 |
[11:34] | How do I get back home? | 那我怎么回来 |
[11:35] | Who knows? You might love it there. | 谁知道啊 也许你乐不思美呢 |
[11:38] | I know we’ve had our differences, | 我知道我们有分歧 |
[11:39] | but that’s the moment I learned just how much | 但就在那一刻 我深切感受到 |
[11:42] | my sister loved me. | 我妹妹有多么爱我 |
[11:48] | Hey. | 回来啦 |
[11:49] | – Hey. – Hey. | -是啊 -你好 |
[11:51] | Where’s CeeCee? | 丝丝呢 |
[11:53] | Oh, she went out with friends. | 她和朋友出去玩了 |
[11:55] | Is that nice? | 不能好好说话吗 |
[11:56] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:58] | Any luck tracking down the robbers? | 找到盗贼了吗 |
[11:59] | Nope. We’re gonna keep the cashbox here for a while. | 没有 我们暂时把收银盒放在家里 |
[12:03] | Great. | 太好了 |
[12:04] | So now the money is here, where we sleep. | 这下引人犯罪的钱就在我们睡觉的地方了 |
[12:10] | – Get your bat. – Yeah. | -把你的球棒拿来 -好 |
[12:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:35] | Sneaking out. Come on. | 偷溜出去 快来 |
[12:37] | Aren’t you afraid you’re gonna get caught? | 你不怕被抓到吗 |
[12:38] | What are they gonna do, send me to a crappier town? | 他们能怎么样 把我流放到比这里更荒芜的地方吗 |
[12:41] | Good point. So, what’s the plan? | 有道理 你有什么计划 |
[12:43] | Got half a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of cooking sherry. | 我拿了半包烟和一瓶料酒 |
[12:46] | Let me get dressed. | 我这就去换衣服 |
[12:51] | Well, backyard’s clear. | 后院风平浪静 |
[12:53] | All right. Copy. | 好的 收到 |
[12:54] | Saw some skunks. | 看到几只臭鼬 |
[12:55] | That’ll work for us. That’s nature’s alarm system. | 那对我们有帮助 相当于自然界的报警系统 |
[12:59] | You really think someone might have followed us home? | 你真认为可能有人尾随我们回来了 |
[13:01] | Eh, probably not, but it’s better to be safe than… | 应该没有 但小心驶得万年船 |
[13:05] | Oh. What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:07] | What? | 什么情况 |
[13:09] | Two people sneaking around out there. | 有两个人在外面鬼鬼祟祟的 |
[13:11] | – What do we do? – I don’t know. | -我们该怎么办 -我不知道 |
[13:13] | Well, should I turn the lights off? | 我要不要去关灯 |
[13:15] | Yeah, good. | 好主意 |
[13:19] | Now, wait a minute, if the lights are off, | 等等 如果家里黑灯瞎火的 |
[13:21] | they’re gonna think nobody’s home. | 他们会以为没人在家 |
[13:23] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[13:26] | But now they can see us. | 但现在他们就能看见我们了 |
[13:28] | Right. Off. | 也对 关掉 |
[13:34] | Duck, duck. | 伏下 伏下 |
[13:38] | What are we doing? | 这是在玩什么呀 |
[13:39] | Someone’s awake at my meemaw’s. | 我姥姥家有人还没睡 |
[13:41] | I think they saw us. | 好像看见我们了 |
[13:44] | You said you knew how to smoke. | 你不是说你会抽烟吗 |
[13:45] | I do, but this isn’t my brand. | 我会啊 但这不是我抽惯的牌子 |
[13:48] | Come on, let’s get out of here. | 我们快离开这里 |
[13:52] | There they go. | 他们在那呢 |
[13:53] | I think we scared them off. | 我们好像把他们吓跑了 |
[13:55] | Yeah, we did. | 没错 |
[13:58] | We are heroes. | 我们是大英雄 |
[14:00] | – Damn straight. – Yeah. | -太对了 -就是 |
[14:07] | Shelly. | 谢利 |
[14:09] | It’s 6:00 in the morning. What are you doing? | 大清早的才六点 你在干什么 |
[14:12] | Having a yard sale, and the serious buyers | 我要在庭院出售旧物 诚心的买家 |
[14:13] | start early so I need to get a move on. | 都会早早开始 所以我得赶紧 |
[14:15] | Is that my good china? | 那不是我的高级瓷器吗 |
[14:17] | Oh, it’s just one setting, | 就一人套而已 |
[14:18] | and if I’m in Germany, you’ll never miss it. | 再说如果我去德国了 少一人套等于没少 |
[14:20] | Give me that. | 还给我 |
[14:22] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:22] | But I am selling my trains, my comic books | 不过我要出售我的火车 漫画 |
[14:24] | and the first chapter of my autobiography. | 以及自传第一章 |
[14:26] | It’s in utero. You do not come off well. | 是我在你肚子里的时期 你的表现不太好 |
[14:29] | Shelly, that is not gonna get you to Germany. | 谢利 全卖掉也不够让你去德国 |
[14:32] | I have to try. | 我总得试试 |
[14:35] | Let me put this away. I’ll help. | 等我把瓷器放好 我来帮你 |
[14:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:41] | – What are you doing up? – Um, going to the bathroom? | -你怎么这么早就起来了 -我要上厕所 |
[14:44] | – Why are you dressed? – Why are youdressed? | -你怎么换好衣服了 -你怎么也换好衣服了 |
[14:46] | I’m having a yard sale to raise money for Germany. | 我要在庭院出售旧物 筹钱去德国 |
[14:48] | Great, I’ll help. | 好啊 我会去帮忙 |
[14:49] | But why are you dressed? | 但你怎么已经换好衣服了 |
[14:51] | To help you. | 为了帮你啊 |
[14:53] | But I just told you about that. | 但我五秒前才告诉你的 |
[14:54] | And I’m ready to start. | 所以我随时可以开始了 |
[14:55] | Okay. Wait, what? | 好吧 等等 什么 |
[14:58] | Well, I saw them sneaking around outside. | 我看见他们在外面鬼鬼祟祟的 |
[15:01] | They was clearly casing the place. | 显然是来踩点 |
[15:03] | So I grabbed Lil’ Slugger and I went out the front porch | 于是我抡起小棒 走出去门廊 |
[15:07] | and I let ’em know who they was messing with. | 让他们知道老子不是好惹的 |
[15:10] | You think they’ll be back? | 你说他们会回来吗 |
[15:12] | Nah, they ran away like two little girls. | 肯定不会 他们像两个小姑娘一样夹着尾巴逃了 |
[15:19] | Ten dollars? I’ll give you five. | 十块 我只肯出五块 |
[15:22] | Sir, that’s a Lionel MPC-era O Gauge | 先生 那可是我六岁那年入手的 |
[15:25] | that I’ve had since I was six. | 莱昂内尔MPC时期O轨距复古火车模型 |
[15:26] | You’re lucky it’s only ten. | 只卖十块钱算你走运了 |
[15:28] | Fine. Ten. | 好吧 十块就十块 |
[15:29] | Uh, uh, I meant $20. | 我是说二十块 |
[15:31] | T-The tag says ten. | 但上面标着十块啊 |
[15:32] | And now it’s a thousand. Give that back. | 现在改为一千块了 还给我 |
[15:35] | Have a nice day. | 再见不送 |
[15:37] | How’s he doing? | 他卖得怎么样 |
[15:40] | He’s having a little trouble letting go of things. | 他有点不舍得卖掉他的收藏 |
[15:42] | Ah-Ah! Look, don’t touch. | 动眼不动手哦 |
[15:45] | – Morning, Mary. – Pastor Jeff. | -早安 玛丽 -杰夫牧师 |
[15:48] | This is my niece Tonya. She’s staying with us. | 这是我外甥女汤妮娅 她目前住在我们家 |
[15:52] | – Hey, Missy. – Tonya. | -米希你好啊 -你好 汤尼娅 |
[15:53] | Oh. You’ve met. | 你们已经见过了 |
[15:55] | Boy howdy, have they met. | 何止见过 |
[15:58] | That’s what I need to talk to you about. | 我就是来找你说这事的 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna go help Sheldon. | 我要去帮谢尔顿 |
[16:01] | – Why don’t you stay? – What’s going on? | -不如你先别走 -这是怎么回事 |
[16:03] | Missy rented Tonya an R-rated movie | 米希租了一部限制级影片给汤尼娅 |
[16:06] | and tried to hide it in a Disney box. | 还藏在迪士尼电影的外盒里 |
[16:09] | Oh, that’s what this is about? | 原来你是来告状这个事 |
[16:11] | What else would it be about? | 不然还会是为了什么事 |
[16:14] | – Missy? – It must have been an accident. | -米希 -肯定是不小心弄错了 |
[16:16] | I thought I gave her Bambi. | 我以为我给她的是《小鹿斑比》 |
[16:18] | I did ask for Bambi. | 我就是想租《小鹿斑比》 |
[16:20] | Sometimes people return things in the wrong box. | 有时客人还回来的录影带装错盒子了 |
[16:22] | It’s my fault for not checking. | 是我不对 没检查清楚 |
[16:24] | I’m really sorry. | 我真心感到抱歉 |
[16:28] | Well, don’t let it happen again. | 下次别再犯这种错误了 |
[16:36] | This set was actually endorsed by Professor Proton. | 这一套可是有质子教授背书的 |
[16:39] | Who’s Professor Proton? | 质子教授是哪位 |
[16:41] | Who’s Professor Proton? | 你问质子教授是哪位 |
[16:42] | How much time do you have? | 你有多少时间可以听我说明 |
[16:43] | Arthur Jeffries, aka Professor Proton, | 亚瑟·杰弗里斯 也就是质子教授 |
[16:45] | brought science to the masses | 借由他革命性的电视节目《质子教授》 |
[16:47] | on his revolutionary television show Professor Proton. | 将科学知识带给大众 |
[16:49] | Actually, this set is not for sale. | 其实这一套不卖 |
[16:56] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[16:57] | my yard sale was a bust, and my dream of spending | 庭院旧物出售搞砸了 我去德国度暑假的梦想 |
[17:00] | the summer in Germany was fading. | 逐渐破灭 |
[17:02] | On the bright side, I did get to keep all my trains. | 往好的一方面想 我保住了所有火车模型 |
[17:06] | And people say I’m not emotionally complex. | 人们竟然还说我是缺乏情感的冷血之人 |
[17:12] | Dr. Linkletter. | 林克莱特博士 |
[17:13] | I heard you’re raising money | 我听说你在筹钱 |
[17:15] | to study in Germany. Is that true? | 去德国学习 是真的吗 |
[17:16] | Yes, but I’m not having any luck. | 真的 但我暂时还不走运 |
[17:18] | Oh, your luck’s about to change. | 你马上就要转运了 |
[17:19] | Here’s one week of my pay. | 这是我一周的薪水 |
[17:22] | Wow, thank you. | 天啊 谢谢你 |
[17:23] | Mm. Whatever it takes to get you on that plane. | 说什么也得让你坐上去德国的飞机 |
[17:27] | I also passed the hat in the faculty lounge. | 我还在教师休息室筹了一点钱 |
[17:31] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么好了 |
[17:32] | I do. Auf Wiedersehen, you little rascal. | 我知道 再会[德语] 臭小子 |
[17:41] | Who was that? | 是谁啊 |
[17:42] | Dr. Linkletter. He just gave me all this money for Germany. | 林克莱特博士 他刚给了我一大笔钱去德国 |
[17:46] | Well, that’s really something. | 真是不得了啊 |
[17:52] | Hello, Pastor Jeff. | 你好 杰夫牧师 |
[17:53] | Sheldon, George, good news. | 谢尔顿 乔治 我有个好消息 |
[17:56] | I told the congregation about | 我跟教堂会众说了 |
[17:57] | your exciting opportunity in Germany, | 你远赴德国的大好机会 |
[17:59] | and boy, were they thrilled to help. | 他们很乐意帮忙 |
[18:02] | I’ve never seen the collection plate so full. | 我就没见过奉献盘里有这么多钱 |
[18:04] | Well, thank you. | 太谢谢你了 |
[18:06] | Are you seeing this? I am beloved. | 你看到了吗 人人都爱我 |
[18:09] | Sure. | 啊对对对 |