时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Jim, we both know that | 吉姆 你我都清楚 |
[00:16] | you’ve been one of the most outspoken opponents | 你一直是我取消这次袭击的 |
[00:18] | to my decision to call off this attack. | 主要反对者之一 |
[00:21] | If you have something to say, | 你要是有什么事要说 |
[00:23] | I would expect you to bring it to me first. | 我希望你先向我报告 |
[00:25] | Does the president have any idea what’s going on? | 总统知道情况吗 |
[00:28] | – I don’t think so. – Let’s keep it that way. | -应该不知道 -保持住 |
[00:31] | Thank you for assembling at such short notice. | 感谢大家这么快就赶来开会 |
[00:33] | I’m sure you’re all wondering why I’ve invited you here. | 我想你们都想知道我为什么叫你们来 |
[00:36] | It is my sincere belief, based on his response to today’s events, | 我真诚地相信 基于他对于今日事件的回应 |
[00:40] | David Palmer is unfit to continue | 大卫·帕尔默不适合 |
[00:43] | as President of the United States. | 继续出任美国总统 |
[00:46] | Looks like you’ve had quite a day. | 看来你今天经历了不少 |
[00:48] | – I didn’t kill anyone. – I know you didn’t. | -我没有杀人 -我知道你没有 |
[00:50] | We know Gary Matheson killed his wife. | 我们知道加里·马西森杀了他妻子 |
[00:52] | We’re looking for him now. | 我们正在找他 |
[00:53] | So you’re off the hook for everything that happened this morning. | 所以今早发生的事情跟你无关了 |
[00:57] | I thought I made myself clear, Tony. We’re past Bauer. | 我不是说得很清楚吗 托尼 别再管鲍尔 |
[01:00] | No, sir. You are. I’m not. | 不 长官 你不管 我管 |
[01:03] | Now, if you’re not comfortable | 如果你不放心我 |
[01:04] | with me making my own decisions here, | 自己做决定的话 |
[01:06] | I suggest you relieve me of my duties now. | 我建议你立刻解除我的职务 |
[01:08] | That won’t be necessary. | 没这必要 |
[01:10] | – Thank you, sir. – Don’t thank me. | -谢谢你 长官 -不用谢我 |
[01:12] | I just don’t have anyone to take your place right now. | 只是我现在没有能取代你的人而已 |
[01:16] | – No! – Come on, give me that! | -不要 -快给我 |
[01:19] | Kate, are you all right? | 凯特 你没事吧 |
[01:21] | Yeah. They’ve got the chip! | 没事 他们把芯片拿走了 |
[01:24] | All I want is the chip! | 我只想要芯片 |
[01:28] | You come in here, I’m gonna smash this thing. | 你走进来 我就把芯片毁了 |
[01:30] | I’ll put it right under my foot! | 我会踩烂它 |
[01:40] | At least let me know who I’m speaking to. | 至少告诉我你们是谁 |
[01:42] | It doesn’t matter who we are. | 我们是谁并不重要 |
[01:43] | The only thing matters is we got something you want, | 重要的是我们有你们想要的东西 |
[01:45] | something your girlfriend was about to pay us a lot of money for. | 你女朋友愿意花大价钱得到它 |
[01:47] | Listen to me. Both of you. | 你们两个 给我听清楚 |
[01:48] | About five hours ago, a nuclear bomb went off. | 大约五个小时前 有颗核弹爆炸了 |
[01:50] | I’m sure you know about that. | 我想你们都听说了 |
[01:53] | The chip you have has the information about who’s responsible. | 你们手里的芯片有对此事负责的人的信息 |
[01:55] | It’s vital to our investigation. | 这对我们的调查至关重要 |
[01:57] | The man you assaulted was a foreign intelligence agent | 你们之前袭击的那个人 |
[01:59] | who was bringing the chip to my office. | 是来帮我取芯片的国际情报员 |
[02:04] | I’m gonna give you one chance to get out of this. | 我只给你们一次脱身的机会 |
[02:06] | Give me the chip back, and I’ll let you walk, no questions. | 把芯片给我 我放你们走 绝不废话 |
[02:08] | Think we don’t know you’re setting us up. | 别以为我们不知道你在骗我们 |
[02:10] | Kate, get back. | 凯特 别过来 |
[02:10] | Jack. What are you doing? | 杰克 你在干什么 |
[02:12] | They killed Yusuf. They are about to kill me. | 他们杀了优素福 还准备对我下手 |
[02:14] | We’re about to call the war against three innocent countries | 我们准备对三个本不该 |
[02:15] | who are not supposed to responseable for what happened today | 为今天事发负责的无辜国家发动战争 |
[02:17] | The only way I can stop it is when i give president that chip right now, | 唯一能阻止此事的就是把芯片交到总统手上 |
[02:20] | so I’m gonna do everything I can to get it back. | 所以我要竭尽所能拿到芯片 |
[02:24] | Please, Kate, I need your help. Get in touch with CTU. Please! | 拜托 凯特 帮帮我 联系反恐组 |
[02:30] | I’ll give you 30 seconds to open that door. | 限你们半分钟内把门打开 |
[02:32] | – Give it to him. – Are you crazy? | -给我 -你疯了吗 |
[02:34] | This is the only thing keeping him from killing us like he killed Rox. | 只有这样他才不会像杀洛克斯一样杀了我们 |
[02:37] | You got 20 seconds! | 还有二十秒 |
[02:38] | Yes. We are just suppose to trust you? | 是吗 我们得相信你吗 |
[02:40] | Right now you don’t have a another choice. | 你们现在也别无选择 |
[02:41] | – Just give it to him. – No way | -给他吧 -没门 |
[02:42] | – He’s serious! – So am I. | -他来真的 -我也是 |
[02:43] | He’s gonna kill us if we don’t open the door. | 如果我们不开门他会杀了我们的 |
[02:50] | Against the wall! Now! Where’s the chip? | 面靠墙 马上 芯片在哪儿 |
[02:54] | I dropped it. | 我丢掉了 |
[02:57] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[02:59] | Kate! Kate! | 凯特 凯特 |
[03:04] | Get some wires so I can tie these guys up. | 找绳子把他们绑起来 |
[03:06] | – What about the chip? – I’ve got it. | -芯片怎样了 -我拿到了 |
[03:19] | Just got this Pentagon briefing stating | 刚刚拿到国防部的简报声称 |
[03:21] | that our bombers aren’t going back to their bases. | 我们的轰炸机不准备返回基地 |
[03:26] | Do you know anything about this? | 你知道这件事吗 |
[03:28] | I understand they’re holding pattern, awaiting refueling. | 我知道他们在待命航线上 等待燃料补给 |
[03:32] | I ordered them back to their bases. | 我下令让他们返回基地 |
[03:34] | Yeah sir. I know. That’s why I’m here. | 是 先生 我知道 这是我来的目的 |
[03:36] | Could I ask you come with me for a minute? | 你能跟我来一下吗 |
[03:39] | Come with you where? | 跟你去哪儿 |
[03:41] | Just down the hall to the main conference room. | 去大厅那边的主会议室 |
[03:45] | What’s going on, Mike? | 怎么回事 麦克 |
[03:48] | Please, Mr President, come with me. | 拜托了 总统先生 跟我来吧 |
[03:53] | You’re ordering me to the conference room? | 你在命令我跟你去会议室吗 |
[03:57] | No, sir, of course not. I’m sorry. | 不 先生 当然不是 我很抱歉 |
[04:00] | I’m asking. It’s very important, sir. | 我在请求您 这非常重要 先生 |
[04:07] | Mike, I’m the President of the United States. | 麦克 我是美国总统 |
[04:11] | I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what this is about. | 你不告诉我发生了什么我哪儿也不去 |
[04:16] | Mr. President… | 总统先生… |
[04:20] | it seems there are a number of people, cabinet members, | 似乎有部分内阁成员 |
[04:24] | who question whether you’re fit to continue | 质疑你是否有能力继续担任 |
[04:27] | as chief executive of this country. | 这个国家的领导人 |
[04:38] | And these people are in my conference room? | 这些人现在在会议室里吗 |
[04:42] | In a manner of speaking, sir, they are. | 某种意义上讲 先生 是的 |
[04:47] | Then let’s go see them. | 那我们去瞧瞧 |
[05:08] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[05:18] | So now I see why I had such a hard time reaching you today, Jim. | 我现在知道今天为何总是联系不到你 吉姆 |
[05:24] | You were busy. | 你在忙着这些事情 |
[05:26] | I apologize if this comes as a surprise, Mr President. | 事发突然我很抱歉 总统先生 |
[05:30] | This is a unique situation in the history of our country, | 在我国历史上对于这种非常情况 |
[05:33] | calling for unique measures. | 只能采取非常手段 |
[05:36] | Let’s skip the sound bites and cut to the chase. | 我们还是废话少说 直入正题吧 |
[05:40] | What’s going on here? | 有话直说 |
[05:42] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[05:43] | we are invoking the 25th Amendment. | 我们要行使第二十五修正案 |
[05:51] | Who’s “We”? | “我们”是指谁 |
[05:54] | There’s a general feeling | 对于今天的决定 |
[05:55] | that the some of decisions that be made today… | 大家总体上感觉… |
[05:58] | Hold on a minute, Mr. Vice President. | 等等 副总统先生 |
[06:00] | With all due respect, sir, most of us here are scrambling | 恕我直言 先生 今天到场的大多数 |
[06:05] | just to understand today’s events. | 只想弄清楚今天发生的事 |
[06:08] | I think it’s way way too early to | 我觉得现在提”总体感觉” |
[06:09] | be referring to a “general feeling” About anything. | 恐怕还不太合适 |
[06:13] | Fair enough. For the record, | 说的没错 郑重声明 |
[06:15] | let me review the relevant portions of the 25th Amendment. | 让我来重读一下二十五修正案的有关内容 |
[06:19] | Section 4 states | 第四部分声明 |
[06:20] | whenever the vice president and the majority of the cabinet determine | 如果副总统和内阁主要成员一致决定 |
[06:23] | that the president is unable to discharge the powers | 总统没有能力 |
[06:26] | and duties of his office, | 履行他的职责 |
[06:28] | the vice president shall immediately take office as acting president. | 应该由副总统代替接任 |
[06:31] | Is everyone clear on that? | 大家都听清了吧 |
[06:32] | The 25th Amendment was designed for situations | 第二十五修正案针对的是 |
[06:35] | where the president is ill or incapacitated. | 总统身染疾病或丧失行动能力的情况 |
[06:39] | The language speak itself, Mr. President. | 表述已经很清楚了 总统先生 |
[06:41] | “Unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” | “未能履行其办公室的权利和职责” |
[06:43] | The reason for the disability isn’t limited to any particular cause. | 不管是出于何种原因的无能 |
[06:47] | The Attorney General agrees with this interpretation. | 司法部长同意这种解释 |
[06:50] | And just what exactly is my supposed disability? | 那究竟哪里显示出我的无能了 |
[06:54] | It seems clear to me, Mr. President. | 我觉得一目了然 总统先生 |
[06:56] | that the stress of today’s events has overwhelmed you. | 今天事发所带来的压力已超出你的承受能力 |
[07:00] | An atomic device has been detonated on American soil today. | 今天在美国境内有一枚核弹爆炸 |
[07:05] | We have clear evidence which countries are responsible, | 我们很清楚哪些国家该为此负责 |
[07:08] | along with details of the terrorist group they sponsor. | 以及他们支持的恐怖组织的详细情况 |
[07:14] | The evidence implicating these countries | 证据还未能确凿表明就是 |
[07:17] | is not clear, Mr. Prescott. Far from it. | 这些国家 普莱斯考特先生 远不够 |
[07:20] | The Cyprus audio has been independently verified | 塞浦路斯的录音已被我们多方情报机构 |
[07:23] | by every intelligence group we have. | 独立验证过了 |
[07:25] | I have reason to believe that thoes agencies are mistaken. | 我有理由相信这些人搞错了 |
[07:28] | Because of this lone CTU agent, Jack Bauer? | 就因为反恐组一个探员的话 杰克·鲍尔 |
[07:32] | Yes. Mr. Bauer believes that the Cyprus audio is a forgery. | 没错 鲍尔先生认为塞浦路斯的录音是假的 |
[07:38] | He also believes that he will soon have proof. | 他也相信很快他就能拿到证据 |
[07:40] | He’s been telling you that for hours, Mr. President. | 他这话已经说了几小时了 总统先生 |
[07:43] | You still don’t have the proof. | 你仍然没有拿到证据 |
[07:49] | If military strikes do not occur immediately, | 如果还不采取军事行动 |
[07:51] | casualties to American soldiers | 美军士兵的伤亡数 |
[07:53] | would increase by tens of thousands of lives. | 会以万为单位增长 |
[07:57] | That analysis is undisputed. | 这点毋庸置疑 |
[07:58] | The risk of attacking innocent countries is unacceptable. | 我们不能冒险向无辜国家开火 |
[08:02] | We have to be sure. | 我们必须有十足把握 |
[08:03] | Everybody is sure, Mr. President. Everybody but you. | 大家都很笃定 总统先生 除了你 |
[08:07] | As it happens, I’m the only who counts. | 遇到这种情况 我说了算 |
[08:14] | This meeting is over. | 会议到此为止 |
[08:15] | Mr. President, one way or another, there will be a vote. | 总统先生 不管怎样 投票不可避免 |
[08:20] | I think that you should be heard before that vote is taken. | 我认为在投票前应该让你知道 |
[08:33] | You don’t like one of my policy decisions. | 你不喜欢我其中一项决策 |
[08:36] | The 25th Amendment does not give you the right to reverse that policy | 第二十五修正案就算在我身体不好的情况下 |
[08:39] | under the pretense saying I have a disability. | 也没有允许你修改我的决策 |
[08:42] | Mr. President, I agree. | 总统先生 我同意 |
[08:45] | What I intend to show is a pattern | 我想强调的是从这次危机开始 |
[08:47] | of erratic and irrational behavior on your part | 你所表现的不稳定 |
[08:50] | since the start of this crisis. | 以及不理智行为 |
[08:52] | Seen in that light, your refusal to authorize military action | 这样想来 你拒绝授权军事行动 |
[08:55] | is simply another symptom of disability. | 这又是你无能的表现 |
[08:58] | Listen to me. All of you. | 给我听着 在座的各位 |
[09:03] | I know you’re not in the same room with me. | 我知道你们没有和我同处一室 |
[09:08] | But you can see and hear me plainly enough. | 但你们能清晰地看到和听到我 |
[09:11] | Take a good look. | 瞧仔细了 |
[09:15] | Do I seem scared? | 我表现出害怕了吗 |
[09:18] | Am I breaking into a nervous sweat? | 我有紧张的汗流浃背吗 |
[09:21] | Am I babbling? At a loss for words? | 我有胡言乱语 哑口无言吗 |
[09:24] | Is my voice shaking? | 我声音有颤抖吗 |
[09:29] | Can any one of you look me in the eye and tell me I’m disabled? | 你们谁敢当着我的面说我是个无能的人 |
[09:38] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[09:40] | the issue is not your demeanor over the past few minutes, | 问题并不在于你过去几分钟内的举止 |
[09:44] | but your actions over the past 20 hours. | 而是过去二十个小时内你的行为 |
[09:48] | Mr. President, the vice president has raised serious questions | 总统先生 副总统提出的问题都很严重 |
[09:53] | and, in my opinion, it would be a mistake to ignore them. | 在我看来 你不该对此置若罔闻 |
[09:57] | For my part, I’m confident that if you explain yourself | 在我看来 只要你一如往常 |
[10:00] | with your usual candor and clarity, | 清晰明白的解释清楚 |
[10:03] | all questions will be resolved | 所有问题将迎刃而解 |
[10:05] | to the satisfaction of everyone here. | 能让在座的各位满意 |
[10:15] | Mr. Prescott, there seems to be a collective feeling | 普莱斯考特先生 似乎各位确实 |
[10:18] | that a discussion is called for. | 都有一些疑惑需要讨论解决 |
[10:21] | In the interest of putting this behind us, I’ll agree. | 为了结束此事 我同意 |
[10:26] | On one condition: when it’s over, if I’m supported, | 有个条件 等结束后 如果我得到拥戴 |
[10:34] | you tender your resignation | 你递交辞呈 |
[10:35] | as the vice president of this country. | 辞去副总统一职 |
[10:42] | Very well, Mr. President. I agree. | 很好 总统先生 我同意 |
[10:49] | I suggest we all take a few minutes to compose ourselves | 我建议我们休息几分钟修整一下自己 |
[10:53] | and get on with the proceeding. | 之后再继续这一议程 |
[10:58] | Let’s not mince words, Mr. Secretary. | 我们别拐弯抹角 国务卿先生 |
[11:01] | You mean the trial of David Palmer. | 你是指对大卫·帕尔默的审讯 |
[11:24] | All right, the problem is that they don’t correspond. | 现在问题是他们对不上 |
[11:27] | I need them to. | 我需要他们对得上 |
[11:28] | Ryan, could I have a word with you, please? | 莱恩 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[11:31] | Give me a minute. | 等我一下 |
[11:35] | I just got a message | 我刚得到条消息 |
[11:36] | that the president called off the military offensive one hour ago. | 总统一小时前取消了军事打击 |
[11:39] | – Who told you this? – Someone at DOJ. | -谁告诉你的 -司法部的人 |
[11:43] | – Someone I trust. – I wouldn’t worry about it. | -一个熟人 -没什么可担心的 |
[11:48] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[11:50] | – Yes. – And you knew about it. | -是 -你早就知道了 |
[11:52] | – I did. – And you didn’t tell me. | -没错 -你没想告诉我 |
[11:55] | Why you still keep my people processing intel | 为什么行动已经取消 |
[11:56] | on a operation that’s be scrapped? | 你还让人继续处理相关情报 |
[11:58] | Because there’s a strong possibility | 因为有很大可能 |
[12:00] | the White House will reinstate the attack. | 白宫会重启打击命令 |
[12:04] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通 |
[12:06] | Why would the president reverse his orders twice? | 总统为什么会两次改变命令 |
[12:08] | Just keep your people on a war footing. | 让你的人处于备战状态就行 |
[12:16] | Tony, phones are up. I got Jack Bauer on line two. | 托尼 有电话 杰克·鲍尔在二号线 |
[12:20] | – Where is he? – He’s in the Kate Warner’s house. | -他在哪儿 -他在凯特·华纳的家里 |
[12:22] | what’s he doing there? | 他在那儿做什么 |
[12:23] | I don’t know, but he has the chip. | 我不知道 但他拿到芯片了 |
[12:25] | – Conference-call him to my office. – OK. | -把电话接到我办公室 -好的 |
[12:42] | Jack, it’s Tony. | 杰克 我是托尼 |
[12:43] | what are you doing at Kate Warner’s house? | 你怎么会在凯特·华纳的家里 |
[12:45] | You were supposed to bring that chip here over an hour ago. | 你一小时前就该把芯片带回来了 |
[12:47] | We ran into some interference. Yusuf Auda is dead. | 我们遇到些干扰 优素福·奥达死了 |
[12:50] | – What happened? – I don’t have a time to explain. | -怎么回事 -没时间解释了 |
[12:52] | He’s the only reason we still got this chip. | 我们能拿到芯片多亏了他 |
[12:55] | Look. I’m trying to read it now. | 听着 我正在试着读取芯片内容 |
[12:56] | I put it on a flash card adapter, but something’s not working. | 我把它放在闪存条适配器 但读不出来 |
[12:59] | Jack, This is Michelle. Just give me a minute. | 杰克 我是米歇尔 给我点时间 |
[13:01] | You may be able to override the reader function manually. | 你可能可以重启查阅功能 |
[13:03] | I’ll talk you through it. | 我来教你怎么做 |
[13:04] | OK. Good. Tony, while she’s getting set up, | 好 托尼 在她准备时 |
[13:07] | I need you to do a couple things for me. | 我需要你帮我准备点东西 |
[13:08] | I want you to run a background check on the name Peter Kingsley. | 帮我查查彼得·金斯利这个人 |
[13:11] | It’s probably an alias, | 可能是个化名 |
[13:12] | but we might get lucky. | 但也说不准 |
[13:13] | I want you to cross-reference it | 把他和石油工业有关的 |
[13:14] | with every major player in the oil industry. | 所有重要人物交叉对比 |
[13:16] | – Peter Kingsley. Why? – I’ll explain to you later. | -彼得·金斯利 为什么 -我稍后解释 |
[13:19] | First I need you touch with the president | 首先告诉总统我们拿到了 |
[13:21] | tell him we’ve got the evidence that he needs. | 他想要的证据 |
[13:22] | I already told him. I just found out he’s called off the military strikes. | 我告诉他了 我刚刚得知他取消了军事进攻 |
[13:26] | Good. Then we’ve got some time. | 很好 这给了我们多余时间 |
[13:27] | Not necessarily, Jack. Chappelle just told me the order may be reversed. | 没有 杰克 查普尔说命令可能会被重启 |
[13:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:32] | He didn’t get specific, but something’s going on in Washington | 他没具体说 但白宫有事发生 |
[13:36] | something we’re not supposed to know about. | 一些不该我们知道的事 |
[13:41] | – Michelle, are you ready for me? – Yeah. | -米歇尔 你准备好了吗 -好了 |
[13:46] | I’ve asked someone to join us. | 我邀请一个人加入我们 |
[14:00] | Most of you know Ron Wieland. | 你们很多人都认识罗恩·维兰德 |
[14:02] | Ron is one of the most respected national affairs correspondent in our country. | 罗恩是一名备受尊敬的国家事务记者 |
[14:06] | He had a very interesting experience earlier today. Ron? | 今早在他身上发生了件有意思的事 罗恩 |
[14:12] | I was sent to cover President Palmer’s environmental speech | 我当时去报道帕默尔总统的环境演讲 |
[14:15] | when I began to sense a bigger story. | 我觉察出背后另有隐情 |
[14:17] | There were rumors of a terrorist attack on the West Coast, | 有传言称西海岸发生恐怖袭击 |
[14:20] | possibly involving a nuclear device. | 可能牵涉到核武器 |
[14:23] | Naturally i kept asking questions. | 我自然不停的追问 |
[14:25] | Next thing I know, I was called in to talk to the president. | 接下来 我被叫去和总统见面 |
[14:28] | He asked me to keep the story under wraps until later of the day, | 他要我暂时把报道压下 |
[14:31] | then he’d give me an exclusive. | 之后他会给我个独家新闻 |
[14:34] | – What did you say? – I told he I’d think it over. | -你怎么回答的 -我说要想想 |
[14:37] | But as I was leaving the building, | 正当我要离开 |
[14:38] | I was suddenly grabbed by a secret service agent | 一个特勤处探员抓住我 |
[14:40] | and hustled me into a room. | 把我推到了一个房间 |
[14:41] | I was kept there under guard for several hours. | 我在里面被监禁了数小时 |
[14:45] | Did you feel this was a violation of your First Amendment rights | 你觉得作为一名记者和美国人 |
[14:48] | as a journalist as well as an American citizen? | 你的第一修正案权利受到了侵犯吗 |
[14:51] | Of course. | 没错 |
[14:52] | Ron, were you harmed anyway or threatened? | 罗恩 你有没有受伤或受到威胁 |
[14:55] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[14:57] | Did you understand the reason for your being detained? | 你知道自己被拘留的原因吗 |
[15:01] | I assume it was fear that | 我想是出于害怕 |
[15:02] | if word got out of a nuclear threat, panic would strike. | 如果核威胁的消息传出 会造成民众恐慌 |
[15:05] | People might get hurt. | 民众可能会受伤 |
[15:10] | Do you think the lives of thousands of citizens is less important | 你觉得数千生命比你几个小时的 |
[15:13] | than a couple of hours of your First Amendment rights? | 第一修正案权利重要的多吗 |
[15:20] | No, I don’t. But under the Bill of Rights, | 不 我不这么认为 但法案赋予的权利 |
[15:23] | that decision was mine, not yours, Mr. President. | 决定权在我手里 不在你 总统先生 |
[15:29] | Did you get the feeling that things were a little out of control | 你觉得帕尔默政府的行为 |
[15:32] | in the Palmer administration? | 有没有失控 |
[15:34] | You’re putting words in his mouth. | 你在教他说话 |
[15:37] | I did have a sense the president Palmer was not in control. | 我的确觉得帕尔默总统有些失控 |
[15:40] | I was trying to balance the need | 我是在权衡 |
[15:42] | for public safety against Ron Wieland’s rights. | 民众安全和维兰德权利间的关系 |
[15:47] | I offered Ron a deal, and he turned me down. | 我给罗恩提了个建议 他没同意 |
[15:52] | Nothing was out of control. | 没有所谓的失控 |
[15:54] | I might add, I had legal precedent for my action. | 我还要说一句 我的行为有法律先例 |
[16:00] | Thank you, Mr. Wieland. | 谢谢你 维兰德先生 |
[16:04] | I’d like to call someone else to testify. | 我还要传唤其他人作证 |
[16:06] | He should be ready in a few moments. | 他还需要几分钟时间 |
[16:12] | Control CX-5, then hit “Enter.” | 控制键加CX-5 按下回车键 |
[16:17] | – Done. – Anything? | -按完了 -什么情况 |
[16:19] | I think it’s reading it. | 我觉得在读取了 |
[16:21] | No, all I’m getting are numbers and symbols. | 不 出现很多数字和符号 |
[16:23] | Jack. Take out the chip. Make sure the leads are exposed. | 杰克 把芯片拔下来 把导线露出来 |
[16:34] | – Damm it! – What is it? | -该死 -怎么了 |
[16:37] | – The chip is damaged. – How badly? | -芯片损坏了 -多严重 |
[16:39] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[16:40] | Part of the microprocessor is gone and the leads connected to it. | 一部分微处理器没了 连接的导线也没了 |
[16:43] | OK, Jack. Whatever the data you have, send it to my screen. | 杰克 不管你手上有什么数据 发送给我 |
[16:46] | I’m gonna run through retrieval program here. | 我用修复程序处理一下 |
[16:47] | were you be able to access a complete audio file? | 你能打开完整的音频文件吗 |
[16:50] | If it’s on there, I’ll find it. | 只要在里面 我就能找到 |
[16:54] | – IT, this is Farmen. – This is Almeida. | -技术部 我是尔曼 -我是阿尔梅达 |
[16:56] | Listen, send two your guys up here right away, would you? | 派两个技术人员过来 好吗 |
[16:59] | They’re all doing MI for Chappelle. | 他们都在忙夏普尔的事 |
[17:00] | Look. I don’t care what they are doing. I need two IT people right away. | 我不管他们在忙什么 派两个技术人员过来 |
[17:02] | – Chappelle specifically… – Just do it. I gotta go. All right. | -查普尔明确… -听我的 我挂了 |
[17:06] | Almeida. | 阿尔梅达 |
[17:08] | Tony, hi, it’s Kim. | 托尼 是我 金 |
[17:09] | Look, I haven’t been able to reach my dad. Is he available? | 我一直没联系上我父亲 他现在有空吗 |
[17:13] | Kim. We’re in the middle of some really important right now. | 金 我们正在处理非常重要的事 |
[17:15] | Can i have he call back to you? | 能等他有空给你回电话吗 |
[17:17] | Tony, please. It’ll just take a minute. | 托尼 拜托了 就几分钟 |
[17:20] | OK. OK, just hold on. | 好吧 稍等一下 |
[17:29] | Are you getting it? | 你拿到了吗 |
[17:30] | Yeah, I got it, Jack, but you were right | 拿到了 杰克 但你说的没错 |
[17:33] | the data is pretty screwed. | 数据严重受损 |
[17:35] | Jack, I’ve just assigned two IT people to help Michelle with this. | 我派了两个技术人员帮助米歇尔 |
[17:38] | We should get through it in 15, 20 minutes tops. | 可能需要最多15到20分钟时间就能好 |
[17:40] | – OK, good. – Also, I got Kim on the line for you. | -好的 -对了 金打电话找你 |
[17:44] | Thank you, Tony. | 谢谢你 托尼 |
[17:48] | Kim, I got your dad on the line. Go ahead. | 金 你爸现在可以接电话了 你们聊 |
[17:50] | – Dad? – Sweetheart. | -爸 -亲爱的 |
[17:54] | Tony told me you are alive. I’ve been trying to reach you. | 托尼告诉我你还活着 我一直在联系你 |
[17:56] | Are you at the sheriff’s station? | 你到警局了吗 |
[17:57] | They’re taking me to the Mathesons’ house to pack up my things. | 他们现在带我去马西森家去拿我的东西 |
[18:03] | Glad you’re OK. | 你没事真好 |
[18:05] | Me too. | 你也是 |
[18:07] | When I thought you were gone, I… | 当我得知你去世的消息 我… |
[18:11] | I just miss you, Dad. I miss you so much. | 我好想你 爸 我真的好想你 |
[18:15] | I’ve missed you too, honey. | 我也想你 亲爱的 |
[18:18] | I just wanna come home. | 我只想回家 |
[18:22] | You’ll be home soon enough, I promise, OK? | 你很快就能回家了 我保证 |
[18:26] | OK. Hey, Dad? | 好的 爸 |
[18:29] | – Yeah? – I love you. | -怎么了 -我爱你 |
[18:35] | I love you too, baby. | 我也爱你 宝贝 |
[18:39] | I’ll see you soon, OK? | 我们很快就能见面了 |
[18:42] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[19:10] | You knew about this, didn’t you, Mike? | 你早就知道这件事了 是吧 麦克 |
[19:13] | How long have you known? | 你知道多久了 |
[19:14] | – That doesn’t matter, Mr. President. – It matters to me. | -这不重要 总统先生 -我觉得很重要 |
[19:17] | How long? | 多久了 |
[19:20] | A couple of hours. | 几个小时前 |
[19:34] | You were part of it, weren’t you? | 你也有份参与 是不是 |
[19:39] | When all’s said and done… you were on Prescott’s side. | 说到底 你站在普莱斯考特那边 |
[19:44] | No, sir. I’m on your side and always will be. | 不 先生 我永远都站在你这边 |
[19:52] | This could be a good thing. | 这或许是件好事 |
[19:55] | A chance to correct a mistake of historic proportions. | 一个纠正历史性错误的机会 |
[19:59] | David, I’m begging you, reconsider your position on this. | 大卫 我恳求你 重新考虑一下你的立场 |
[20:11] | I’m the president, Mike. | 我是总统 麦克 |
[20:15] | You don’t call me by my first name. | 你不能直呼我的名字 |
[20:21] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[20:42] | It’s transmitting. | 已经在传输了 |
[20:45] | Gentlemen, I’m sorry for the delay. | 各位 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[20:48] | The man you’re about to see is not entirely well. | 你们即将见到的这个人 身体状况不太好 |
[20:52] | In fact, it’s taken a great deal of courage | 事实上 他鼓起了极大的勇气 |
[20:54] | for him to join us at all. | 才能来作证 |
[20:56] | Roger Stanton, head of the National Security Agency. | 罗杰·斯坦顿 国家安全局局长 |
[21:00] | Roger, thank you for speaking with us. | 罗杰 谢谢你愿意来作证 |
[21:02] | Yes, of course. Sorry if I seem a bit tired. | 应该的 抱歉我可能看起来有点疲惫 |
[21:07] | I was tortured for several hours at the operations complex, | 我在行动中心被刑讯了好几个小时 |
[21:12] | by order of the President of the United States. | 是美国总统下的命令 |
[21:14] | And why were you tortured, Roger? | 那你为什么会被刑讯 罗杰 |
[21:16] | Because you thought I knew more than I was saying | 因为你觉得在核弹位置的事情上 |
[21:18] | about the location of the nuclear bomb. | 我知道的不止我告诉你的这些 |
[21:21] | As if the head of NSA would | 说得好像国安局局长 |
[21:23] | withhold information from the president. | 会对总统有所隐瞒一样 |
[21:25] | You’re lying, Roger. This may work for a while, | 你在撒谎 罗杰 这说辞可能暂时有用 |
[21:28] | but eventually the truth will come out. | 但真相终究会大白于天下 |
[21:30] | I have nothing to fear from the truth, Mr. President. | 我毫不畏惧真相 总统先生 |
[21:33] | As briefly as possible, Mr. Stanton, | 斯坦顿先生 请你尽可能简短地 |
[21:35] | tell us what happened to you today. | 向我们讲述一下你今天的经历 |
[21:39] | I arrived at the OC around noon | 我大约在中午到达行动中心 |
[21:42] | to find that my assistant director, Eric Rayburn, | 却发现我的助理局长 艾瑞克·雷伯恩 |
[21:45] | had been dismissed by the president. | 被总统免职了 |
[21:47] | What was the reason given for Mr. Rayburn’s firing? | 解雇雷伯恩先生的理由是什么 |
[21:50] | Eric wanted to bring the military into the equation right away, | 艾瑞克想让军方立即介入 |
[21:53] | and the president was reluctant | 但总统甚至都不愿意 |
[21:56] | to even contemplate the use of military action. | 考虑一下采取军事行动 |
[22:02] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[22:03] | For the next few hours, | 之后的几个小时 |
[22:04] | I worked for the president as best I could. | 我都在尽力为总统工作 |
[22:07] | He was indecisive, erratic and, and as I said, | 但他犹疑不决 行为无常 而且如我所言 |
[22:13] | terrified to even think of military engagement. | 连考虑都不敢考虑让军方介入 |
[22:19] | Then…a little after six this evening, | 然后 大概晚上六点多 |
[22:21] | I was arrested on the charge of treason. | 我被以叛国罪名逮捕 |
[22:24] | I was taken to a small windowless room. | 我被带到了一间没有窗户的小房间 |
[22:28] | The president entered and accused me of | 总统进来指控我 |
[22:29] | knowing more about the bomb than I was telling him. | 说我对核弹知道的不止我告诉他的 |
[22:32] | – Was that true? – No, of course not. | -这是真的吗 -不 当然不是 |
[22:37] | In fairness to the president, | 为总统说句话 |
[22:38] | I think he genuinely believed it to be true. | 我觉得他真的相信那是真的 |
[22:41] | Why would he hold such a belief? | 他为什么会那么觉得 |
[22:45] | David Palmer is a decent man. | 大卫·帕尔默是个好人 |
[22:48] | Maybe he’s too decent for the times we live in. | 在现在这个时代 可能太”好”了一点 |
[22:53] | He wanted to avoid war at any cost. | 他想不惜一切代价避免战争 |
[22:57] | If he could prove to himself that Americans were behind the bomb, | 如果他能向自己证明核弹背后是美国人主使 |
[23:01] | then he’d have a good reason not to use military force | 那他就有足够的理由不对他国 |
[23:04] | against any foreign country. | 使用军事力量 |
[23:12] | I just heard you ordered two ITs onto some kind of retrieval project. | 我听说你派了两个技术人员去搞什么数据恢复 |
[23:16] | They were working military intel. | 他们本来在处理军方情报 |
[23:18] | Jack Bauer has a chip. | 杰克·鲍尔拿到了一块存储芯片 |
[23:20] | It contains an audio file | 里面有一个音频文件 |
[23:22] | that we expect will prove the Cyprus audio was indeed forged. | 我们认为它能证明塞浦路斯音频是伪造的 |
[23:26] | Where is this chip? | 这芯片现在在哪里 |
[23:28] | – It’s been damaged. – Damaged? | -芯片损坏了 -损坏了 |
[23:31] | Jack sent us the data but it’s pretty messed up. | 杰克把数据发给我们了 但数据损坏很严重 |
[23:33] | The audio file needs to be reconstituted, | 音频文件需要进行数据恢复 |
[23:35] | which is gonna take a little time. | 这可能需要一点时间 |
[23:36] | – How long? – However long it takes. | -要多久 -该要多久就多久 |
[23:40] | It should take about 15 minutes, sir. | 大约需要十五分钟 长官 |
[23:50] | Division, Mr. Chappelle’s office. | 分局 查普尔办公室 |
[23:52] | I need to get a message to the Vice President. | 我有消息需要告诉副总统 |
[23:54] | Right away, sir. | 马上 长官 |
[24:21] | Ready to tell me everything I need to know? | 准备好告诉我一切了吗 |
[24:25] | Continue. | 继续 |
[24:30] | We knew about the bomb weeks ago. | 我们几周前就知道核弹的事了 |
[24:34] | Enough! | 够了 |
[24:36] | This should end this discussion here and now. | 这句话足以让这次会议立即结束了 |
[24:40] | Yes, I had Roger Stanton tortured. | 是 我是对罗杰·斯坦顿用了刑 |
[24:44] | It was a horrible thing to do and God knows I hated doing it. | 这不是什么好事 天知道我多讨厌这么做 |
[24:48] | But just as I suspected, he knew about the bomb. | 但正如我所怀疑的 他早就知道核弹的事 |
[24:51] | You’ve just seen it for yourselves. | 你们也都看到了 |
[24:53] | When I was strapped to a chair | 我被绑到一张椅子上 |
[24:55] | and thousands of volts of electric current passed through my body | 每隔几秒就有上千伏的电压 |
[24:59] | every few seconds, | 加到我身上 |
[25:01] | I’m not proud of it, but I dare say | 我不为自己的行为感到自豪 但我敢说 |
[25:05] | I did what most of you would’ve done – I cracked. | 我做了你们大多数人都会做的事 我崩溃了 |
[25:07] | Told the president what he wanted to hear, | 告诉了总统他想听到的话 |
[25:11] | that I knew about the bomb. | 说我早就知道核弹的事 |
[25:12] | You told me more than that, Roger. | 你告诉我的可不止这些 罗杰 |
[25:14] | You told me about the Coral Snake team. | 你告诉我了珊瑚蛇小组的事 |
[25:16] | You told me that the bomb was at Norton Airfield, | 你告诉我核弹在诺顿机场 |
[25:19] | information that we corroborated very quickly. | 而我们很快就证实了这一信息 |
[25:22] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, Mr. President. | 我不知道你在说什么 总统先生 |
[25:24] | Mr. Prescott, play the rest of the tape. | 普莱斯考特先生 把剩下的录像放完 |
[25:28] | There is no rest of the tape. | 没有剩下的录像了 |
[25:30] | – What? – That’s all I have. | -什么 -这就是全部了 |
[25:33] | That can’t be. I was in that room for another ten minutes. | 不可能 我在那个房间里还待了十分钟 |
[25:36] | This is all that was transmitted by the OC, Mr. President. | 这是行动中心传过来的全部视频 总统先生 |
[25:39] | We did ask for everything. | 我们是要求的全部录像 |
[25:41] | There must be some kind of a mistake, or deliberate sabotage. | 那肯定哪里出错了 或是有人蓄意破坏 |
[25:44] | Mr. Stanton had a whole lot more to say | 斯坦顿先生说得比你们刚刚 |
[25:46] | than what you just see on that tape. | 在录像上看到的可多多了 |
[25:48] | Mr. President, couldn’t Agent Simmons | 总统先生 西蒙斯探员 |
[25:51] | verify what you’ve been telling us? | 不能证明您刚刚跟我们说的话吗 |
[25:53] | No. I sent him out of the room. | 不行 我让他出去了 |
[25:57] | But the fact remains | 但事实仍在 |
[25:59] | that Roger Stanton told me about the Coral Snake team. | 是罗杰·斯坦顿告诉我珊瑚蛇小组的事 |
[26:03] | He told me about the location of the bomb. | 也是他告诉了我核弹的位置 |
[26:05] | Where else could that information have come from? | 不然我们怎么得到这个情报的 |
[26:08] | We have many intelligence agencies, Mr. President, | 我们有很多情报机构 总统先生 |
[26:11] | thousands of agents combing the planet. | 上千位探员在全球各地搜集情报 |
[26:14] | It could’ve come from anywhere. | 情报可能是从任何地方来的 |
[26:15] | I just know it didn’t come from me. | 我只知道不是从我身上问来的 |
[26:17] | That’s a lie and you know it. Tell them, Mike. | 你知道这是谎言 告诉他们 麦克 |
[26:25] | I only know what the president told me. | 我只知道总统跟我说的话 |
[26:29] | I wasn’t in the room. | 我当时没在房间里 |
[26:34] | Mr. Stanton, thank you again. | 斯坦顿先生 再次感谢 |
[26:36] | Legally you will remain in custody as President Palmer has ordered | 根据法律你会按帕尔默总统的命令继续被羁押 |
[26:39] | until this matter is resolved. | 直到这件事结束 |
[26:40] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:43] | Mr. President, if you have any evidence you’d like to present, | 总统先生 如果你还有其他证据想要出示的 |
[26:46] | please do so now. | 请现在就出示 |
[26:48] | The testimony that’s been presented here so far | 目前我们听到的证词 |
[26:50] | is inaccurate and incomplete. | 都是不准确和不完整的 |
[26:54] | Roger Stanton is directly responsible | 罗杰·斯坦顿直接参与了 |
[26:56] | for placing a nuclear weapon on US soil. | 在美国国土上放置核弹的阴谋 |
[26:59] | I have evidence that proves it, but you’ve given me no time. | 我有证据 但你们没有给我足够的时间 |
[27:04] | While my behavior may have been extreme, | 我的行为可能看起来有些极端 |
[27:07] | I was just responding to the extremity of today’s events. | 但我只是在对今天的极端事件作出回应 |
[27:12] | Make no mistake. | 不要弄错 |
[27:14] | If we unleash our military power on nations | 如果我们对他国动用了军事力量 |
[27:17] | that later prove innocent, | 之后却发现他们是无辜的 |
[27:19] | it will rank as one of | 那将成为历史上 |
[27:20] | the most despicable sneak attacks in history. | 最无耻的偷袭行动之一 |
[27:23] | Any chance for peace in the Middle East will vanish forever. | 中东将永远不可能再有和平 |
[27:27] | Even if it costs American lives in the future, | 即使这样做在未来会导致美国人牺牲 |
[27:30] | we must delay the attack until we are certain of our ground. | 我们还是必须推迟袭击 直到证据确凿 |
[27:34] | Excuse me, Mr. President. | 打扰一下 总统先生 |
[27:35] | I just received an urgent message | 我刚刚收到了反恐组分局局长 |
[27:37] | from CTU division chief Ryan Chappelle. | 莱恩·查普尔的紧急消息 |
[27:40] | Apparently Jack Bauer has evidence | 杰克·鲍尔声称他持有一份证据 |
[27:42] | he claims will prove the Cyprus audio was forged. | 能证明塞浦路斯录音是伪造的 |
[27:47] | Please, everyone, just please, settle down. | 拜托 各位 拜托 安静一下 |
[27:50] | The evidence is being reviewed at CTU right now. | 反恐组正在检查这份证据 |
[27:53] | Mr. Chappelle says that | 查普尔先生说 |
[27:54] | the analysis shall be completed within the next few minutes. | 几分钟之后应该就能分析完成 |
[27:57] | Considering the potential impact | 鉴于这份证据 |
[27:59] | that this evidence will have on these proceedings, | 对当前议程可能的影响 |
[28:02] | I think it’s incumbent upon us to wait. | 我觉得我们必须等待 |
[28:09] | Yeah, I’m looking at it right now. | 是 我现在正看着 |
[28:10] | Yeah, well we can’t configure it, either. | 我们也无法恢复 |
[28:13] | Okay. Did you try running it through the default mode? | 好吧 你试过用缺省模式运行吗 |
[28:15] | Yes. The audio files are gone, Michelle. | 试过了 音频文件被损毁了 米歇尔 |
[28:16] | They’re just some markers that repeat. That’s all. | 上面只有重复的字符 没别的了 |
[28:19] | – All right. Thanks, Jason. – All right. | -好 谢谢 杰森 -好的 |
[28:22] | He didn’t find anything, either. | 他也没有发现 |
[28:27] | Well, what have you got? | 你们有什么发现 |
[28:29] | The chip was more compromised than we thought. | 芯片的损坏程度比我们预期的要严重 |
[28:32] | Do you have the audio file? | 你们恢复音频文件了吗 |
[28:33] | Michelle was able to recover some information we’re following up on. | 米歇尔恢复了一些数据 我们正在跟进 |
[28:36] | Reapeating code fragments, | 重复的代码片段 |
[28:37] | may tell us who programmed the information. | 或许能让我们找出代码的编写者是谁 |
[28:39] | Did you find the audio file or not? That’s all I need to know. | 有没有找到音频文件 我只需要知道这个 |
[28:44] | No, we didn’t. | 没有 没找到 |
[28:48] | So Bauer wasted our time. | 所以鲍尔浪费了我们的时间 |
[29:10] | Come on. | 快点 |
[29:24] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[29:28] | Kate, are you all right? | 凯特 你还好吗 |
[29:32] | Everything that’s happened today, | 今天发生的一切 |
[29:36] | everything that’s still happening… | 现在正在发生的一切 |
[29:40] | I keep thinking it’s all my fault. | 我止不住想这都是我的错 |
[29:43] | Come here. | 来 |
[29:45] | We would never have found the bomb in time if it wasn’t for you. | 如果没有你 我们绝不可能及时找到核弹 |
[29:49] | But my sister was the one behind the bomb. | 但核弹的幕后主使是我妹妹 |
[29:52] | She helped those fanatics. | 她帮助了那些极端分子 |
[29:53] | Yes. But you’re not your sister. | 是的 但你跟你妹妹不一样 |
[29:57] | I should’ve seen something was wrong before it got this bad. | 我应该在事态恶化之前就看出端倪的 |
[30:01] | Because of what she did, it could start a war. | 她的所作所为可能会触发一场战争 |
[30:06] | I could’ve stopped it. I could’ve stopped it. | 我原本可以阻止的 我原本可以阻止的 |
[30:08] | No, Kate, you couldn’t have. | 不 凯特 你不能 |
[30:11] | There are things in this world that are just out of our control. | 这世上总有一些事情不是我们能控制的 |
[30:14] | Sometimes we’re like to blame ourselves for them | 有时候我们喜欢怪到自己头上 |
[30:16] | so that we can try and make sense out of it. | 来让自己心里好过一点 |
[30:23] | Come here. | 来 |
[30:32] | There was nothing you could have done. | 你无能为力 |
[30:51] | Sorry. Yeah? | 抱歉 喂 |
[30:54] | Jack, it’s Tony and Michelle. | 杰克 我是托尼 米歇尔也在 |
[30:55] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[30:57] | – You got the audio file? – No. | -你们恢复音频文件了吗 -没有 |
[30:59] | What do you mean? No? | 什么叫没有 |
[31:01] | Are you telling me that there’s no audio file on that chip? | 你们是说芯片上没有音频文件吗 |
[31:04] | If there were, they were destroyed when the chip was damaged. | 即使有 也在芯片被破坏的时候一起损坏了 |
[31:06] | Jack, Chappelle’s phoning the president. He wants you on the call. | 杰克 查普尔正在联系总统 你也要接通 |
[31:09] | Yeah, I bet he does. | 他当然想了 |
[31:11] | Also, some of the information Michelle was able to recover | 还有 米歇尔恢复的部分数据 |
[31:14] | may be worth looking into. | 可能值得调查一下 |
[31:15] | What kind of information? | 什么数据 |
[31:17] | Identical code fragments in the tailing of several data streams. | 有几串数据流末尾处有相同的代码片段 |
[31:19] | What are you talking about? What kind of fragments? | 你在说什么 什么代码片段 |
[31:21] | – What are the fragments for? – Nothing. That’s the point. | -有什么功能 -没有功能 这就是重点 |
[31:24] | It’s junk code. | 是垃圾代码 |
[31:25] | Programmers and hackers sometimes embed it | 程序员和黑客有时候会在代码里 |
[31:26] | into their programs as a marker, a signature. | 嵌入这些片段 作为他们的个人标志 |
[31:29] | Michelle was able to trace the sequence back to a hacker | 米歇尔通过这段代码查到了一个黑客 |
[31:32] | named Alex Hewitt. | 叫亚历克斯·休伊特 |
[31:33] | He’s got a file with the FBI. | 他在联调局有档案 |
[31:35] | Are you telling me you think this is the technician | 你们是说 你们觉得这就是伪造了 |
[31:37] | that created the Cyprus audio file? | 塞浦路斯音频的程序员 |
[31:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:40] | Chapelle’s not gonna let us follow up any more leads on the chip, | 查普尔不让我们继续追查跟芯片有关的线索 |
[31:42] | so you’re gonna have to talk to this guy on your own. | 所以你得自己去找这家伙 |
[31:44] | Fine. What’s his last known address? | 行 他现在的地址是什么 |
[31:46] | 210 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, North Hollywood. | 北好莱坞月桂谷大道210号 |
[31:51] | Okay, I got it. I’ll get back to you. | 知道了 我等下再打给你 |
[31:53] | All right. | 好 |
[31:58] | – I’m sorry. I’ve gotta go. – Where? | -抱歉 我得走了 -去哪儿 |
[32:00] | We got something off the chip, | 我们从芯片上找到了些线索 |
[32:01] | not what we’re looking for, but it’s a lead. | 不是我们期望的 但也是条线索 |
[32:03] | And I have to follow it up. | 我得去跟进一下 |
[32:06] | As soon as you’re ready to leave here, one of the officers | 你如果准备好离开了 会有警官 |
[32:08] | will take you back to CTU so you can be with your father. | 带你回反恐组 去见你父亲 |
[32:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:20] | Ok. | 好了 |
[32:23] | – Jack? – Yeah? | -杰克 -什么事 |
[32:29] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[32:32] | Thanks. I will be. | 谢谢 我会的 |
[32:44] | The airborne squadrons have been in a holding pattern | 自从帕尔默总统叫停突袭后 |
[32:46] | ever since President Palmer called off the attack. | 战斗机编队就一直在保持盘旋 |
[32:48] | They just refueled. | 他们刚刚加了油 |
[32:50] | If we want to resume the operation, | 如果我们想继续行动 |
[32:53] | we need to come to a conclusion now. | 必须现在就得出结论 |
[32:55] | A few more minutes. | 再等几分钟 |
[32:57] | This is the difference between peace and war, Mr. Prescott. | 事关和平与战争 普莱斯考特先生 |
[33:01] | It’s also a pattern | 这也是过去几个小时 |
[33:02] | that’s been recurring over the last few hours. | 一直在重复发生的情景 |
[33:05] | Everything will change once Mr. Bauer calls. | 一旦鲍尔先生打电话来情况就会不同了 |
[33:08] | It just never quite happens. | 总是没进展 |
[33:16] | – Yes, what is it? – CTU. | -什么事 -反恐组 |
[33:21] | Jack Bauer and Ryan Chappelle are on the line. | 杰克·鲍尔和莱恩·查普尔打电话来 |
[33:25] | This is President Palmer. | 我是帕尔默总统 |
[33:26] | Mr. President, this is Ryan Chappelle. | 总统先生 我是莱恩·查普尔 |
[33:28] | – Hello, Ryan. – I have Jack Bauer on the line as well. | -你好 莱恩 -杰克·鲍尔也在线 |
[33:31] | He’ll give you an update. | 他会向您汇报最新情况 |
[33:33] | Mr. President, I found the chip. | 总统先生 我找到了芯片 |
[33:35] | But unfortunately, it’s been very badly damaged. | 但很不幸 芯片严重损坏了 |
[33:39] | Is it in good enough shape to prove | 芯片目前的状况 |
[33:41] | that the Cyprus recording was forged? | 能够证明塞浦路斯录音是伪造的吗 |
[33:43] | Sir, in its present condition, | 先生 以芯片目前的状况 |
[33:44] | I’m afraid it doesn’t prove much of anything. | 恐怕不能证明什么 |
[33:46] | – Can it be repaired? – No, sir. I’m sorry. | -能修复吗 -不能 先生 我很抱歉 |
[33:48] | But we have been following up a lead. | 但我们已经在追踪一条线索了 |
[33:50] | About an hour ago, | 大约一个小时前 |
[33:51] | I was captured and tortured by men who wanted the chip. | 想要拿到这个芯片的人抓住并拷打了我 |
[33:53] | They worked for a man named Peter Kingsley. | 他们是为一个叫彼得·金斯利的人做事的 |
[33:55] | I believe he’s part of the group that was behind the bomb. | 我相信他是核弹幕后策划集团的一员 |
[33:58] | I think they’ve been manipulating today’s events | 我觉得他们操纵了今天一整天发生的事 |
[33:59] | to start this war, sir. | 是为了挑起一场战争 先生 |
[34:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:02] | To improve the value of their oil contracts in the Caspian Sea | 为了提升他们在里海的石油生意的价值 |
[34:05] | and to control the oil coming out of the Middle East. | 并且垄断从中东输出的石油 |
[34:10] | But I need something concrete. I need evidence. | 但我需要确凿的证据 |
[34:12] | Mr. President, I understand. | 总统先生 我明白 |
[34:13] | Right now I’m checking up on an address of a man | 我目前正在调查一处住所 |
[34:15] | who we believe engineered the Cyprus recording for Kingsley. | 我们认为住户帮金斯利伪造了塞浦路斯录音 |
[34:18] | I’m sorry, sir, but it’s the best we’ve got. | 抱歉 先生 但我们现在就只有这么多 |
[34:22] | Everything you’ve seen, | 就你看到的一切 |
[34:24] | are you absolutely convinced that the Cyprus recording was forged? | 你百分之百确信塞浦路斯录音是伪造的吗 |
[34:28] | Yes, sir, absolutely. | 是的 先生 百分之百确信 |
[34:33] | All right, Jack. Thank you. | 好的 杰克 谢谢你 |
[34:41] | The evidence I was hoping for is not yet available, | 我期望看到的证据还没有出现 |
[34:45] | but I believe it will be in the near future. | 但我相信不久之后就会有的 |
[34:47] | – When, Mr. President? – I don’t know. | -多久之后 总统先生 -我不知道 |
[34:51] | Meanwhile, the window for a surprise attack is rapidly closing. | 与此同时 要想发动突袭所剩的时间不多了 |
[34:57] | It’s time to vote. | 该投票了 |
[34:59] | Mr. Vice President, if you could indulge me for one minute. | 副总统先生 请给我一分钟 |
[35:05] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[35:09] | This Bauer thing is an illusion, a mirage. | 鲍尔的话只是你的幻想 是海市蜃楼 |
[35:12] | Every time you get near it, it moves further away. | 你每次接近它 它就跑得更远 |
[35:15] | For your sake, for the country’s, authorize the attack. | 为你自己 也为国家着想 下令袭击吧 |
[35:21] | All this will just go away. | 这一切就都会烟消云散 |
[35:23] | And a lot of people, | 但很多人 |
[35:26] | Americans and non-Americans, will die for no reason. | 美国人和外国人 都会无辜死去 |
[35:28] | We don’t know that, Mr. President. | 这我们可说不准 总统先生 |
[35:34] | Let’s get on with the vote. | 投票吧 |
[35:38] | Members of the cabinet, you’ve been presented with the evidence. | 内阁成员们 你们已经看到了证据 |
[35:43] | You know what’s at stake. | 你们也知道事关重大 |
[35:45] | Those of you who believe | 你们当中 |
[35:47] | the president is able to continue in office, vote yes. | 认为总统可以继续胜任的 投”赞成” |
[35:51] | Those of you who believe he isn’t, vote no. | 认为他不能继续胜任的 投”反对” |
[35:56] | Mr. Novick will conduct a voice poll. | 诺维克先生会进行口头计票 |
[35:59] | The numbers will be reflected up on the screen. | 票数会实时显示在屏幕上 |
[36:01] | Mr. Novick? | 诺维克先生 |
[36:04] | Ms. Secretary of Transportation, how do you vote? | 交通部长女士 您的选择是 |
[36:09] | Yes. | 赞成 |
[36:14] | Mr. Secretary of Treasury? | 财政部长先生 |
[36:17] | No. | 反对 |
[36:34] | Yes. | 赞成 |
[36:41] | – Almeida. – Tony, it’s Jack. | -阿尔梅达 -托尼 我是杰克 |
[36:43] | I’m about half a block from Hewitt’s loft. | 我离休伊特的住所还有大约半个街区 |
[36:46] | Has the FBI sent over his file yet? | 联调局把他的档案传过来了吗 |
[36:48] | – Yeah, we just got it. – What do I need to know? | -我们刚拿到 -有什么我需要知道的吗 |
[36:50] | The State Department recruited him right after the Cal attack. | 国务院在加州被攻击后就招募了他 |
[36:53] | He revamped their entire technical surveillance program. | 他升级了他们整个监控项目 |
[36:56] | Then he got caught manipulating intelligence and files | 后来他就被发现在操纵 |
[36:58] | that he didn’t have clearance for. | 他没有权限的情报和文件 |
[37:00] | Tried to kill himself in custody, | 拘押期间企图自杀 |
[37:01] | spent a year in psychiatric prison in El Casto, | 在艾尔卡斯托的精神病监区待了一年 |
[37:03] | before being released last September. | 去年九月被释放 |
[37:05] | – No connection to Kingsley? – No, not that we can find. | -和金斯利没有关联 -没有找到 |
[37:10] | Okay. As soon as I get Hewitt, I’ll get back to you. | 好 我一找到休伊特就打给你 |
[37:12] | Oh, and Tony, | 还有 托尼 |
[37:14] | any word on what’s happening with the president? | 知道总统那边是怎么回事吗 |
[37:15] | – No, not yet. – OK, thanks. | -还不知道 -好 谢谢 |
[37:21] | Mr. Secretary of Defense, how do you vote? | 国防部长先生 您的选择是 |
[37:25] | Yes, I believe the president should stay in office. | 赞成 我认为总统应该继续任职 |
[37:36] | Mr. Secretary of Agriculture. | 农业部长先生 |
[37:47] | No. | 反对 |
[37:56] | Mr. Secretary of the Interior. | 内务部长先生 |
[38:06] | No. | 反对 |
[38:11] | Mr. Secretary of State, the vote is seven for and seven against. | 国务卿先生 目前是七票赞成七票反对 |
[38:17] | – Yours is the deciding vote. – I’m aware of that. | -您的票将决定结果 -我知道 |
[38:26] | I’ve never met a man | 我从未见过 |
[38:27] | that I respected more than you, Mr. President. Never. | 比您更让我尊敬的人 总统先生 没有过 |
[38:39] | But we are talking about tens of thousands of American lives. | 但事关上万美国人的性命 |
[38:50] | I’m compelled to vote no. | 我只能投反对 |
[39:17] | Mr. President, can you see the results? | 总统先生 您看到结果了吗 |
[39:22] | You will have an opportunity to appeal this | 您在四天内可以向国会 |
[39:24] | in four days in front of Congress. | 当面提起申诉 |
[39:27] | In the meantime, I must ask you to remove yourself | 与此同时 我必须要求您退出 |
[39:30] | from the decision-making process. | 所有决策环节 |
[39:35] | Please take the president to a holding room. | 请带总统去拘留室 |
[39:50] | Will you please come with us, Mr. President? | 请跟我们来 总统先生 |
[40:16] | Mr. President, I’m not a lawyer, sir, | 总统先生 我不是律师 |
[40:21] | but as far as I can tell, the Constitution’s been followed. | 但就我所知 整个流程都遵从了宪法 |
[40:25] | I’ve got no choice but to ask you to come with us. | 我别无选择 只能请您跟我们来 |
[40:30] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[41:57] | I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute | 我谨庄严宣誓 我将忠诚履行 |
[42:00] | the office of the President of the United States | 合众国总统职务 |
[42:03] | and will, to the best of my ability, | 亦将竭尽所能 |
[42:05] | preserve, protect and defend | 恪守 维护 捍卫 |
[42:06] | the Constitution of the United States, | 合众国宪法 |
[42:09] | so help me God. | 上帝为证 |
[43:22] | Alex? | 亚历克斯 |