时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Let’s see, what else? Oh, okay. | 我们来看看还有什么? |
[00:02] | Here’s one of the first things | 这是你查理叔叔写的 |
[00:04] | your Uncle Charlie wrote. | 第一批作品的其中之一 |
[00:07] | Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | 少年变异忍者神龟 |
[00:14] | Huh? What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[00:17] | Must have been before my time. | 似乎已经年代久远? |
[00:23] | Okay, we’re done here. | 那好 到此为止 |
[00:26] | Hey, hey, don’t leave your juice box on the piano, | 嘿 别把果汁盒放在钢琴上 |
[00:29] | it leaves a ring. | 会留下圆圈圈 |
[00:30] | How could a box leave a ring? | 方盒子怎么可能留下圆圈圈? |
[00:34] | Got to run to the grocery store | 我得赶去杂货店 |
[00:35] | I’m gonna need somebody to fold these clothes. | 需要人帮我叠这些衣服 |
[00:37] | I don’t know if the grocery store is | 我不知道杂货店是不是 |
[00:39] | the first place I’d go for that, | 适合找人叠衣服的最佳地点 |
[00:40] | but good luck. | 不过祝你好运 |
[00:42] | Oh, oh, remember, you’re being punished. | 记住 你正在受罚当中 |
[00:44] | So, no TV, no computer, no GameBoy. | 所以不能看电视 碰电脑 打游戏 |
[00:46] | Charlie?I need you to be my eyes and ears. | 查理? 我需要你做我的耳目 |
[00:47] | Okay, but you have to be my liver and prostate. | 没问题 但你得做我的肝胆 |
[00:53] | Woah, who’s is this? | 哇哦 这是谁的? |
[00:56] | Uh, Charlie, | 查理 |
[00:57] | you want to field that one? | 你能处理好这事吗? |
[00:59] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[00:59] | Jake, sometimes when you have a casual sexual relationship… | 杰克 当你偶尔和别人随便发生性关系… |
[01:03] | Alright, alright. | 好了 好了 |
[01:06] | Jake, we take in strangers’ laundry | 杰克 我们替陌生人洗衣服 |
[01:09] | because we’re poor. | 是因为我们很穷 |
[01:11] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一个小时后回来 |
[01:12] | Start folding. No TV. | 开始叠衣服 别看电视 |
[01:19] | What’d you get busted for? | 你又因为什么给逮住了? |
[01:20] | I painted my room at Mom’s house. | 我在我妈家画了幅”地图” |
[01:22] | What’s wrong with that? | 画图有什么不对呢? |
[01:23] | I’m 10 years old. | 我已经10岁了 |
[01:27] | HEY..How about a little sock golf? | 来一场袜子高尔夫球赛如何? |
[01:30] | What’s that? | 什么意思? |
[01:31] | Okay, here’s how it works. | 我教你怎么玩 |
[01:33] | The living room is a dogleg par four. | 把起居室当作4杆洞的狗腿场地 |
[01:37] | That means you have to get your sock into the kitchen sink | 那就意味着你必须在4次击打以内 |
[01:40] | -in four strokes or less. -Okay. | -把袜子打进厨房的水槽里 -好的 |
[01:43] | We’ll play for a quarter a hole. | 我们玩25美分钱一个洞的 |
[01:46] | Your handicap’s obvious. You’re short | 你的”差点”很明显 你很矮 |
[01:48] | and you’ve never heard of the Ninja Turtles. | 而且你从来没听过忍者神龟 |
[01:51] | Alright, keep your knees bent, | 好了 膝盖弯曲 |
[01:53] | your arms straight, | 手臂伸直 |
[01:54] | and swing easy. | 然后轻松挥杆 |
[02:00] | Oh man, I’m being hustled. | 天哪 我感到了压力 |
[02:03] | We can play for less if you want. | 如果你想的话 我们可以玩小点 |
[02:04] | Don’t get cocky. | 别太狂妄了 |
[02:07] | There’s 17 more holes. | 还有17个洞呢 |
[02:17] | The 18th hole. | 第18洞 |
[02:19] | All square. | 打成平手 |
[02:21] | The defending champion looks to have an easy tap-in for a birdie | 卫冕冠军看来很容易打进一记小鸟球 |
[02:25] | as the gallery waits breathlessly for the rookie to respond. | 走廊里大家屏住呼吸等新手应对这个局面 |
[02:29] | Would you please stop talking? | 你能停止碎碎念吗? |
[02:33] | Tempers flare as the pressure mounts. | 压力增大 脾气火暴 |
[02:42] | It’s unbelievable! | 真是难以置信 |
[02:43] | An eagle on the 18th. | 第18杆竟然打出老鹰球 |
[02:45] | This has never happened before in the history of sock golf. | 在袜子高尔夫球史上绝无仅有 |
[02:48] | A little help here? | 来帮下忙呀 |
[02:49] | Fans are coming out of the gallery | 粉丝们从走廊里走来 |
[02:51] | with sacks of groceries for the young phenom. | 献给天才运动员好几袋食物 |
[02:54] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么? |
[02:55] | I won. I beat Uncle Charlie. | 我赢了 我打败了查理叔叔 |
[02:57] | Excuse me? Didn’t I ask you to fold the laundry? | 抱歉 难道我没有让你们叠衣服? |
[02:59] | Laundry? | 衣服? |
[03:00] | Are you barking mad? | 你疯了吗? |
[03:02] | The child just won the coveted… | 这个孩子刚刚赢得他梦寐以求的… |
[03:04] | palmolive cup | 棕榄杯 |
[03:05] | I won. You lose. | 我赢了 你输了 |
[03:07] | I won. You lose. | 我赢了 你输了 |
[03:10] | Charlie | 查理 |
[03:11] | when I ask Jake to do something | 当我让杰克做什么事的时候 |
[03:12] | I need you to help me make sure that he does it. | 我要你帮我确定他到底做没有 |
[03:14] | I’m trying to teach him responsibility. | 我正教他什么是”责任” |
[03:18] | Yea, I chipped into the water hazard on the ninth | 对 第九杆时我把球打进水坑障碍区 |
[03:21] | and the lid was open. | 马桶盖是打开的 |
[03:23] | So, this is toilet water? | 那么 这是马桶水咯? |
[03:25] | At least. | 最起码 |
[03:34] | Alright. I put Jake to bed, | 好了 我把杰克哄上了床睡觉 |
[03:36] | I folded the laundry, | 叠好了衣服 |
[03:37] | I put the groceries away… | 放好了杂货 |
[03:39] | The guilt thing doesn’t work on me, Alan. | 我并不觉得有任何内疚 艾伦 |
[03:41] | Yea, well, it’s all I got. | 对 我每次都用这招 |
[03:43] | I’ll be back in a little while. | 我待会儿回来 |
[03:45] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[03:46] | I have to bring the garbage cans back in. | 我得把垃圾桶拿回来 |
[03:48] | Today wasn’t garbage day. | 今天不是倒垃圾的日子 |
[03:50] | Oh no, not here. At Judith’s. | 不 不是这儿 是朱蒂丝家 |
[03:52] | At Judith’s? | 朱蒂丝家? |
[03:54] | Alan, your wife threw you out. | 艾伦 你老婆把你赶了出来 |
[03:57] | Yea well, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need me. | 是啊 不过那并不代表她不需要我 |
[03:59] | Yea, it kinda does. | 某种程度上是如此 |
[04:03] | Well, look, | 你想想 |
[04:04] | we’re still married. It’s still my house | 我们还是夫妻 那儿仍是我的家 |
[04:06] | and she still counts on me to do a few chores. | 而且她还指望我做点家务 |
[04:09] | It’s good, it leaves the door open for, you know, reconciliation. | 这样很好 像为我们的和好留了点机会 |
[04:13] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[04:14] | So, how do you lift those garbage cans without a spine? | 你连脊梁骨都没有怎么能搬得动垃圾桶? |
[04:23] | They’re on wheels. | 它们都有轮子 |
[04:34] | What are you watching? | 你在看什么? |
[04:37] | I’m watching a movie | 电影 |
[04:39] | and you’re not supposed to be watching anything. | 你不允许看任何东西 |
[04:41] | Oh yea. | 恩对 |
[04:43] | Is that guy a good guy or a bad guy? | 那人是好人还是坏人? |
[04:45] | Good guy. And you’re not supposed to be watching TV. | 好人 你不允许看电视的 |
[04:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:54] | Is that his girlfriend? | 那是他的女朋友吗? |
[04:56] | Ex-girlfriend. | 前女友 |
[04:58] | But he still loves her, right? | 但他还爱着她是吗? |
[04:59] | I’m not gonna walk you through the whole movie… | 我不会跟你讲完整部电影… |
[05:03] | I think so. | 我也觉得 |
[05:06] | Go to bed, Jake. | 上床去 杰克 |
[05:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:12] | Who’s that guy? | 那个人是谁? |
[05:14] | That’s the guy he was in jail with and told him where the money was hidden. | 那是他的狱友 还告诉他钱藏在哪里 |
[05:17] | Oh right. | 原来如此 |
[05:19] | Hey, you’re being punished. | 嘿 你正在受罚当中 |
[05:21] | No TV. | 不准看电视 |
[05:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:32] | What the hell is going on? | 这到底怎么回事? |
[05:33] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[05:35] | -Jake? -Night. | -杰克? -晚安 |
[05:42] | Hey, I’m watching that. | 我正在看呢 |
[05:43] | What part of “no TV” didn’t you understand? | 你难道不明白什么叫”不准看电视”? |
[05:45] | I’m allowed to watch TV. | 可我允许看电视 |
[05:48] | I mean Jake. | 我是说杰克 |
[05:49] | I said “No TV”, he said “Okay”. | 我说了”不准看电视” 他说了”好” |
[05:51] | I said “Go to bed”, he said “Okay”. | 我又说”上床去” 他也说了”好” |
[05:52] | What’d you want from me? | 你还要我怎么样? |
[05:54] | Charlie, he’s taking advantage of you | 查理 他在利用你 |
[05:55] | because he knows you won’t follow through. | 因为他知道你不会坚持下去的 |
[05:57] | Well, he obviously knows me better than you do. | 是啊 他明显比你了解我 |
[06:00] | Okay, look, if this is going to work out with Jake living here part time, | 那好 如果以后杰克得暂时住这里 |
[06:03] | you have to be an adult. You have to impose discipline. | 你要象个一个成年人来要求他执行纪律 |
[06:06] | Yea, fine, whatever. Give me back the remote. | 那好 不管怎样 你得把遥控器给我 |
[06:08] | No, no, no. You’re not listening to me. You need to be firm. | 不 你没听进我说的话 你必须要坚持 |
[06:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:13] | Go to your room. | 回你房间去 |
[06:15] | Yes, like that. | 对 就像这样 |
[06:16] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[06:17] | Give me the remote and go to your room. | 把遥控器给我 然后回你房间去 |
[06:20] | That’s very funny. Ha ha. | 那太有趣了 哈哈 |
[06:21] | I’m serious. Get out of here or I will kick your ass. | 我是认真的 离开这 否则我踢你屁股 |
[06:33] | Oh man. | 天哪 |
[07:03] | Jake. Jake. | 杰克 杰克 |
[07:07] | It was on when I came in. | 我进来的时候它就开着 |
[07:11] | Yea,right. | 好吧 |
[07:13] | What did I tell you about leaving juice boxes on my piano? | 我告诉过你不要把果汁盒放在钢琴上 |
[07:16] | How do you know it’s mine? | 你怎么知道那一定是我的? |
[07:19] | Come on,who else around here drinks “Transylvania Goofy Juice”? | 省省吧 除你还有谁喝 “笨蛋吸血鬼果汁”? |
[07:25] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[07:28] | And another thing. Were you on the deck feeding the seagulls again? | 还有件事 你是不是又在天台上喂海鸥了? |
[07:31] | Sorry,I forgot. | 不好意思 我忘了 |
[07:34] | Okay,we need to talk. | 那好 我们需要谈一谈 |
[07:39] | Love you,Uncle Charlie. | 我爱你 查理叔叔 |
[07:42] | Look,we don’t feed the seagulls | 那么 我们以后不要再喂海鸥了 |
[07:44] | because you can’t get rid of them. | 一旦喂了就无法摆脱它们 |
[07:46] | We don’t leave the doors and windows open | 把门窗关好 |
[07:48] | because we get all kinds of bugs and crap flying in the house. | 否则会有臭虫和粪便弄在房子里 |
[07:50] | -No,no,no,don’t just say “Okay”. – Okay. | -好吧 -不不不,别只会说”好” |
[07:52] | This is not the grownup telling the kid what to do. | 这并不是成年人告诉孩子应该做什么 |
[07:55] | This is just two guys agreeing how to live together. | 而是两个男人间对共同生活达成的协议 |
[07:57] | -Are we cool? -Yea,cool. | -说定了吗? -当然 |
[08:00] | Hey. What’s going on? | 这儿怎么了 |
[08:03] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[08:04] | Was he watching TV? | 他有没有看电视? |
[08:05] | No. | 没有 |
[08:09] | Jake,I have to run a quick errand. | 杰克 我得去办件事 |
[08:11] | So,why don’t you wash and dress and when I get back we’ll do something fun. | 你去洗澡换衣服 等我回来一起玩 |
[08:14] | Can we watch TV? | 一起看电视? |
[08:15] | Go! | 去! |
[08:20] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪? |
[08:22] | Uh,the,uh,the,uh,grocery store. | 恩 杂货店 |
[08:29] | You’re going to Judith’s,aren’t you? | 你是要去朱蒂丝那儿是吧? |
[08:32] | No. | 不是 |
[08:35] | Then where are you going? | 那你是去哪儿? |
[08:38] | Judith’s. | 朱蒂丝家 |
[08:40] | Oh,Alan. | 艾伦 |
[08:41] | I have to. I have to. | 我是不得不去 不得不去 |
[08:43] | The,the,the timer on the sprinkler system is broken | 那个 那个洒水系统的定时器坏了 |
[08:45] | and the flower beds are getting flooded, | 而且花坛几乎被淹没了 |
[08:47] | and I love her and I want her back. | 而且我爱她 我想挽回她 |
[08:50] | Buddy,I feel for you. | 老兄 我能体会你的感受 |
[08:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:53] | Unfortunately,the feeling is nausea. | 不幸的是 这种感受真恶心 |
[08:58] | Great,great,I’ll see you later. | 好了 好了 待会见 |
[09:00] | Alan,you’ve been making the same mistake your whole life. | 艾伦 你一辈子总是犯同样的错误 |
[09:03] | Being the good boy, | 以为努力做个好孩子 |
[09:04] | fixing everything | 修正一切 |
[09:05] | so everybody would love you. | 那么人人会都爱你 |
[09:07] | It didn’t work with Mom. | 可是妈妈不爱 |
[09:08] | It didn’t work with either of the women you went out with. | 和你约会的女人不爱 |
[09:12] | And it’s not gonna work with your wife. | 甚至你老婆也不爱你 |
[09:14] | Charlie,you know nothing about commitment and responsibility to a relationship. | 查理 你不明白婚姻中的承诺与责任 |
[09:19] | Granted. | 也许是吧 |
[09:20] | But I do know when a woman’s using me. | 但我清楚知道一个女人何时在利用我 |
[09:22] | And by that I mean,not in a fun way. | 我意思是说不是以那种有趣的方式 |
[09:25] | Well,you can rest easy because no one is using me. | 好了 放松点 没人在利用我 |
[09:31] | And did you mean I only dated two women including Judith? | 你是说我只和朱蒂丝在内的两个女人交往过? |
[09:35] | Because… because if you did,I have two words for you: | 如果你真的这样想 我有两个字送给你 |
[09:40] | Maxine Chernakoff | 马克馨・契诺夫(“美国新作”杂志主编) |
[09:55] | Did you fix it? | 修好了吗? |
[09:57] | Not quite. | 还差点 |
[09:58] | It doesn’t seem like you’re changing anything. | 看起来好象没有任何改变 |
[10:00] | No? Well,sometimes change happens, | 是吗? 改变随时会发生 |
[10:03] | Judith,and you can’t see it. | 朱蒂丝 只不过你没看见而已 |
[10:06] | Okay,fine,when you’re done fixing this, | 好了 等你把它弄好了 |
[10:08] | would you come inside and take a look at the garbage disposal? | 能进来帮我看下垃圾处理器吗? |
[10:11] | -Sure. -Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢了 |
[10:14] | Wait,no. | 等等 不 |
[10:17] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:19] | No,I won’t come inside and look at the garbage disposal. | 不 我不想进去检查垃圾处理器 |
[10:23] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[10:26] | I know when I’m being used,Judith, | 我知道我是在被利用 |
[10:28] | and not in a fun way. | 而且不是以有趣的方式 |
[10:31] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说些什么 |
[10:32] | Who are we kidding? | 我们在骗谁呢? |
[10:34] | The marriage is over. | 婚姻结束了 |
[10:35] | You’re just afraid to move on | 你只是不敢向前走 |
[10:37] | so you keep dragging me over here, | 所以你把我拉回原位 |
[10:38] | and I’m afraid to move on so I keep coming. | 我也不敢往前走 便老是过来 |
[10:44] | Goodbye Judith, | 再见了 朱蒂丝 |
[10:46] | you’re free. | 你自由了 |
[10:47] | I hope you find whatever it is you’re looking for. | 希望你能找到如意郎君 |
[11:03] | Jake? | 杰克? |
[11:05] | What you got there? | 你拿的什么? |
[11:06] | Just a little bread. | 只是点面包而已 |
[11:09] | Please tell me you’re not feeding the seagulls again. | 告诉我你没有去喂海鸥 |
[11:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:17] | Oh man,did you let another one of those big, flappy bastards in the house? | 天哪 你又让另一只大的飞行杂种进屋了? |
[11:21] | You have to put a dollar in the swear jar,you said “bastards”. | 你得放1美元进脏话瓶 你刚才说了”杂种” |
[11:24] | Smart,poke the bear. | 真聪明 转移话题 |
[11:27] | I’m telling you Jake,this is the last time… | 我告诉你杰克 这是最后一次… |
[11:34] | Yikes. | 天啊 |
[11:40] | I’m really sorry,Uncle Charlie. | 我非常抱歉 查理叔叔 |
[11:42] | I don’t want to talk to you right now. | 我现在不想和你说话 |
[11:44] | Hello,do you have a department of animal | 你好 有没有什么动物管制或者 |
[11:47] | animal control or bird abatement? | 驱赶鸟类的机构? |
[11:50] | I have a seagull problem. | 我遇到了海鸥的麻烦 |
[11:52] | Seagull | 海鸥 |
[11:55] | Thank you,I’ll hold. | 谢谢 我会等着 |
[11:57] | I didn’t know there’d be so many. | 我不知道这儿居然会有这么多 |
[11:59] | I told you,don’t feed the damn things. | 我告诉过你 不要喂这些该死的东西 |
[12:01] | I told you,don’t leave the windows open. | 我也告诉过你 不要打开门窗 |
[12:03] | Yea,hi. Er,who’s this? | 哪位? |
[12:06] | Phyllis Siegal. | 菲利斯・”海鸥”(西格)先生 |
[12:16] | No,no,Phyllis, | 不 不 菲利斯 |
[12:17] | I wanted to talk to somebody about seagulls. | 我是想要和谁说说这个海鸥问题 |
[12:21] | I got a flock of seagulls in my house. | 我房间里有一群海鸥 |
[12:24] | No,I don’t know whatever happened to them. | 不 我不知道它们怎么了 |
[12:28] | I’m really sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[12:29] | We had an agreement,Jake, | 我们之间曾有协议 杰克 |
[12:30] | and you broke it. | 但是被你打破了 |
[12:32] | Look,I need somebody who can come over with a net or something. | 听着 我需要有人带个网或其他什么的过来 |
[12:37] | Sure,I’ll hold. | 好的 我会等着 |
[12:39] | Hello? Who’s this? | 你好 你哪位 |
[12:42] | Annette | “个网”(安妮特) |
[12:46] | Look,I got a room filled with seagulls | 听着 我房间里飞满了海鸥 |
[12:48] | and… no,no,no… | 而且…不不不… |
[12:52] | Hi,Phyllis. | 嗨 菲利斯 |
[12:54] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:54] | Goodbye Phyllis. | 再见 菲利斯 |
[12:56] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[12:58] | Really? | 是吗? |
[12:58] | Come tell me in Jake’s room. | 来杰克房间告诉我 |
[13:00] | What did he do? | 他做了什么? |
[13:01] | He didn’t paint anything,did he? | 他没有乱画什么吧? |
[13:03] | I want you to be surprised. | 我想你一定会大吃一惊 |
[13:07] | You will never guess what happened while I was at Judith’s. | 你一定猜不到我在朱蒂丝家 发生了什么 |
[13:11] | Neither will you. | 你也猜不到 |
[13:14] | Oh my God! | 天哪 |
[13:17] | So,what’s your good news? | 什么好消息 |
[13:19] | Open the door! | 快开门 |
[13:21] | Your kid got them in there,you get them out. | 你儿子把它们弄进来 你得把它们弄出去 |
[13:24] | Open… the… door! | 快…开…门 |
[13:33] | That was not funny,Charlie. | 这一点儿也不有趣 查理 |
[13:36] | Depends on what side of the door you were on. | 那取决于你在门的哪一边 |
[13:40] | Look,I’m really sorry about the birds, | 听着 我对这些鸟的事情十分抱歉 |
[13:42] | but I’m sure they’ll leave as soon as they get hungry. | 但我确定它们一饿就会飞走的 |
[13:44] | That’s what I thought about you. | 我以为你也会这样 |
[13:46] | Well,you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[13:47] | Jake and I may be out of here sooner than you think. | 我和杰克会迅速地离开这儿 |
[13:49] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[13:50] | At Judith’s, | 在朱蒂丝家 |
[13:52] | there was kissing. | 我们接吻了 |
[13:53] | Mutual kissing. | 一个相互的吻 |
[13:54] | Unprompted,but reciprocated by yours truly. | 你得相信是双方自愿的 |
[13:57] | Wow. | 哇 |
[13:59] | And was it as boring as it sounds? | 是不是和听起来一样无趣? |
[14:02] | Charlie,Charlie,she kissed me. | 查理 查理 她吻了我 |
[14:03] | And this was not the kiss of a woman | 这不是一个女人想要 |
[14:06] | who just wanted her garbage disposal unclogged. | 疏通垃圾处理器而给的吻 |
[14:08] | Well,you know her plumbing better than I do. | 对 你比我更了解她 |
[14:13] | You know what I’m gonna do? | 你知道我打算做什么吗? |
[14:14] | I’m gonna let her come to me. | 我想让她主动回头 |
[14:16] | You know,be detached, | 你知道 刻意保持距离 |
[14:18] | play it cool, | 耍酷 |
[14:19] | you know? | 你知道吗? |
[14:20] | Yea,that’s your home run swing. | 对 这是你的本垒打 |
[14:23] | Hey,Uncle Charlie,you wanna play some sock golf? | 查理叔叔 想玩袜子高尔夫球吗? |
[14:26] | No,thanks. | 不想 |
[14:27] | Where you going? | 你要去哪? |
[14:29] | I’m going for a drive. | 我想去兜风 |
[14:30] | -Can I come? -Nope. | -我能去吗? -恐怕不行 |
[14:36] | I don’t think Uncle Charlie likes me anymore. | 我认为查理叔叔已经不喜欢我了 |
[14:39] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[14:40] | He’s just a little upset about the 30,40 screaming, | 他只是被那三四十只尖叫和到处 |
[14:43] | crapping birds in his house. | 排便的海鸥弄得有些沮丧 |
[14:45] | Why don’t you,uh,why don’t you write him a note | 你可以给他写个纸条 |
[14:47] | and tell him how sorry you are. | 告诉他你十分抱歉 |
[14:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:50] | Don’t worry! He’ll come around. | 别担心 他会回心转意的 |
[14:53] | Sooner or later,everybody comes around. | 用不了多久 每个人都会回心转意 |
[14:57] | You just have to give them a little time and a little space. | 你只需要给他们点时间和空间 |
[15:04] | Hello,Judith? | 你好 朱蒂丝 |
[15:10] | What’s in the bucket? | 水桶里是什么 |
[15:12] | Chum. | 高招 |
[15:15] | What? | 什么? |
[15:16] | Bait. | 鸟食 |
[15:18] | I went down to the bait shop and asked them what seagulls like to eat. | 我买了海鸥喜欢吃的鸟食 |
[15:21] | We’re keeping them? | 我们要饲养它们? |
[15:23] | No,we’re gonna throw the bait out the window | 不 我们得把鸟食扔到窗外去 |
[15:26] | to lure the birds out of the house. | 把海鸥们引诱出房子 |
[15:28] | Oh,that’s pretty clever. | 真是个好办法 |
[15:30] | Yea,it’s a variation on something I do with women and tennis bracelets. | 这是由我用抛出手链来甩掉女人的法子演变来的 |
[15:36] | Hey,Uncle Charlie,I made this for you. | 查理叔叔 我做了这个给你 |
[15:45] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:46] | I made it myself. | 是我亲手做的哦 |
[15:49] | I see that. | 我看见了 |
[15:52] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[15:53] | I’m getting rid of the birds. | 驱赶那些鸟 |
[15:54] | Can I help? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[15:55] | Nope. | 不用 |
[15:57] | Er,Jake,why dont you go out and play on the deck,okay? | 杰克 你去天台上玩好吗? |
[16:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:06] | What is wrong with you? | 你发什么毛病? |
[16:07] | He worked really hard on that card. You barely looked at it. | 他用心做了那卡片 而你几乎没正眼瞧一下 |
[16:10] | What do you want from me,Alan? | 你想要我做什么 艾伦? |
[16:11] | He’s dying for you to forgive him. | 他希望你能原谅他 |
[16:13] | Fine. I forgive him. | 好的 我原谅他了 |
[16:16] | Now,are you gonna help me or not? | 现在 你是否要帮助我? |
[16:17] | I got a serious problem here. | 这是个很严肃的问题 |
[16:21] | Really? Cos you look like you have it all together. | 是吗? 看起来你已准备好了一切 |
[16:25] | Okay,here’s the deal. | 好 我们这样做 |
[16:29] | We go in there and start throwing this stuff out the windows. | 先进去 然后把这些东西扔到窗外 |
[16:32] | When the last bird’s out, | 当最后一只鸟飞出去 |
[16:33] | we close the window and get on with our lives. | 我们关上窗开始过安静日子 |
[16:37] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[16:39] | Sure. | 好了 |
[16:41] | You know,if they love this bait so much, | 如果它们非常喜欢这些鸟食 |
[16:44] | why would they even wait for you to… | 那它们为什么不等着你… |
[16:59] | It’s almost like somebody tipped them off. | 真好象有人事先给它们告了密一样 |
[17:02] | You got any other bright ideas? | 你还有什么好办法吗? |
[17:03] | Yea. | 恩 |
[17:04] | I’m gonna get a drywall guy in there and seal off that room. | 我要找个石灰匠把房间全部封死 |
[17:08] | Very funny. | 真有趣 |
[17:10] | I’m not kidding. | 我没开玩笑 |
[17:12] | That room is dead to me. | 那间屋对我们毫无用处 |
[17:16] | Either that or sell the house. | 要么封门 要么卖房子 |
[17:18] | I’ll put it on the market as a two bedroom plus aviary. | 在广告上说两间卧室加一个大鸟舍 |
[17:22] | Everybody loves an aviary. | 人人都喜欢有个鸟舍 |
[17:25] | What about Jake? | 杰克怎么办? |
[17:27] | Are you gonna put him on the market or just wall him off? | 你是想出售他还是砌墙隔离他? |
[17:30] | I tried with that kid,Alan. | 我对他已经尽力了 艾伦 |
[17:31] | He says one thing and then he goes and does another. | 他总是说一套做一套 |
[17:34] | He’s 10! He’s got the attention span of a hummingbird. | 他只有10岁! 他的注意力总是不那么集中 |
[17:38] | Well then,what am I supposed to do when he ignores me? | 那当他无视我的时候 我该怎么办 |
[17:40] | You punish him. | 惩罚他 |
[17:41] | You take away his computer,his TV,his toys. | 你拿走他的电脑 电视 和玩具 |
[17:43] | Well,you already took away all the good stuff. | 你已经拿走了所有这些东西 |
[17:45] | What am I supposed to take away? His bronchial inhaler? | 那我该拿走什么? 他的哮喘吸入器? |
[17:48] | You know what I’m saying Charlie. | 你知道我什么意思 查理 |
[17:49] | You just,you don’t take away your love. | 你就是别拿走你的爱 |
[18:39] | Hi. I tried calling | 嗨 我一直打电话给你 |
[18:41] | but I kept getting your machine, | 但总是无人接听 |
[18:42] | so I thought I’d bring this over. | 所以我把这个带给你 |
[18:44] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[18:45] | It’s my master file | 这是我的技工文件 |
[18:47] | of handymen,plumbers,electricians,maintenance schedules, | 杂工 水管工 电工 和保养工 的时间表 |
[18:50] | warranties,authorised repair centres,um,et cetera… | 保修卡 授权维修中心等等 |
[18:55] | Okay,well,uh,you’re on your own. | 好了 你可以独立了 |
[18:57] | Got to run. | 我该走了 |
[18:58] | Alan,wait. | 艾伦 等等 |
[19:03] | Yes? | 什么? |
[19:05] | About that kiss. | 关于那个吻 |
[19:07] | Ah. | 啊 |
[19:09] | When you said we should move on, | 当你说我们应该往前走 |
[19:11] | I got scared and uh, | 我觉得很害怕所以 呃 |
[19:14] | Alan I kissed you out of fear. | 因为害怕而吻了你 |
[19:16] | Hey,it still counts. | 嘿 它依然有效 |
[19:19] | Alan,you were right, | 你是对的 |
[19:20] | we have to move on. | 我们应该要向前看 |
[19:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:26] | Alan,wait. | 艾伦 等等 |
[19:32] | Yes? | 什么? |
[19:33] | The garbage disposal’s still making that horrible noise. | 垃圾处理器还是发出可怕的噪音 |
[19:36] | Well,I keep telling you not to put bones in it. | 我总跟你说别把骨头丢在里面 |
[19:38] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[19:39] | The sink trap does not lie,Judith. | 水槽圈可不会说谎 朱蒂丝 |
[19:44] | This is so cool,Uncle Charlie. | 这太酷了 查理叔叔 |
[19:46] | Yea,well,I was kinda hard on you | 是的 我曾经对你有些严厉 |
[19:49] | and I wanted to make it up. | 所以我想做点弥补 |
[19:51] | So,you’re not still mad about the seagulls? | 那你没有生海鸥事件的气了? |
[19:53] | Oh,I’m still mad, | 还是有 |
[19:54] | I just figured out a better way to deal with it. | 只是我想到一个更好的方法来处理 |
[19:56] | Well,I think this is a very good way. | 我认为这真是个好办法 |
[20:01] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[20:03] | I’m buying you all this stuff, | 我把这些东西买来送给你 |
[20:04] | but as punishment for letting seagulls in my house, | 但是作为海鸥事件的惩罚 |
[20:08] | you can’t play with it for a month. | 你一个月内不准碰它们 |
[20:10] | A month? | 一个月? |
[20:11] | Pretty smart,eh? | 好主意不是吗? |
[20:14] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[20:16] | You know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗? |
[20:18] | The world’s smallest violin. | 世上最最小的小提琴 |
[20:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[20:35] | They’re gone,Charlie. | 它们已经走了 查理 |
[20:38] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[20:40] | Check under the bed. | 检查下床底 |
[20:44] | All clear. | 都走了 |
[20:46] | Okay. I wonder why they left. | 我想知道它们飞走的原因 |
[20:50] | Maybe because we stopped feeding them. | 或许是因为没有喂它们了 |
[20:54] | Woah,check it out. | 哇 快看 |
[20:59] | Wow,you know what this means,don’t you? | 哇哦 你知道这意味着什么吗? |
[21:02] | Yea. Breakfast. | 是的 早餐 |