时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[00:10] | Hi Uncle Charlie. | 嗨 查理叔叔 |
[00:11] | How was your game? | 比赛怎么样? |
[00:12] | Ah, musician’s softball league is a joke. | 音乐人垒球联赛简直是个笑话 |
[00:15] | Guys trying to catch stuff that isn’t there, | 人们冲没球的地方乱接一通 |
[00:20] | people throwing up on | 全场为了一个简单的双杀 |
[00:21] | an easy double play ball. | 欢呼不已 |
[00:23] | So, why do you go? | 那你干吗还去那? |
[00:25] | There’s an open bar and they let me pitch. | 那有免费的酒吧 他们还让我投球 |
[00:28] | Well, I’ve got to get dressed. | 我去换衣服 |
[00:29] | Uh, I was going to throw this toast out | 我本想把这片吐司扔了 |
[00:31] | but it’s yours if you want it. | 不过你想吃就吃了吧 |
[00:34] | When did I become the family dog? | 我什么时候成了剩饭狗了? |
[00:45] | Hey Jake, what’s this? A phone message? | 杰克 这是什么? 电话留言? |
[00:48] | Yea, some lady called for you. | 对 有个女的找你 |
[00:50] | Who? I can’t read your writing. | 谁啊? 我认不出你的字 |
[00:55] | You’re a big selfish jerk. | 你个超级自私的大混蛋 |
[01:01] | Okay, I know who this is. | 哦 我知道她是谁了 |
[01:04] | Amy. | 艾米 |
[01:07] | Probably Amy. | 很可能是艾米 |
[01:09] | Yep, Amy. She wants you to call her back. | 对 是艾米 她要你打回去 |
[01:11] | Yea, that’ll happen. | 哦 不可能 |
[01:13] | Why not? | 干吗不啊? |
[01:14] | Because I never said I’d call her back. | 因为我从没说过我会打回去 |
[01:18] | Remember this, Jake… | 杰克 记着… |
[01:20] | never make promises to | 千万别给那些 |
[01:21] | women that you don’t intend to keep. | 你不打算深交的女人许下任何承诺 |
[01:23] | And you know how you do that? | 你知道你该怎么做吗? |
[01:24] | Always keep my promises? | 总是履行承诺? |
[01:26] | That might work. | 这样也行 |
[01:28] | A better way is never make promises. | 不过 更绝的是永远不许下承诺 |
[01:32] | What happens if Amy calls again? | 要是艾米再打来怎么办? |
[01:34] | Okay, I’m glad you asked that. | 真高兴你问这个 |
[01:37] | When the phone rings at Uncle Charlie’s house, | 查理叔叔家电话铃响起的时候 |
[01:38] | we don’t just willy nilly pick up the receiverand answer it. No. | 我们不会想都不想拿起话筒就接 不要 |
[01:44] | What we do is we check the caller ID | 我们该先看看电话号码 |
[01:49] | and only pick up if we want to talk to that person. | 只接那些我们想和他们聊聊的人的电话 |
[01:52] | Like Mom? | 比如 妈妈? |
[01:54] | That depends. | 看情况 |
[01:56] | Your mom, yes. My mom, no. | 你妈还行 我妈就算了 |
[01:59] | How come you don’t want to talk to your mom? | 你怎么会不想和你妈说话? |
[02:02] | I’ll tell you all about that when you’re old enough to drink. | 等你到了可以喝酒的年龄时我就告诉你 |
[02:06] | What if I want to talk to your mom? | 要是我想和你妈妈说话怎么办? |
[02:08] | Okay, that kind of attitude is gonna break down the whole system. | 你这想法会搅乱全局的 |
[02:26] | Dad, no, don’t pick up the phone! | 爸爸 不 别接电话 |
[02:29] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[02:30] | It might be your mom. | 可能是你妈妈 |
[02:32] | Or a woman. | 或别的女人的电话 |
[02:36] | It’s Amy again. She just won’t give up. | 又是艾米 她真够执着的 |
[02:40] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[02:44] | Look, I appreciate your need for privacy, | 听着 我明白你需要处理个人私事 |
[02:47] | but I think you’re sending a bad message | 但我觉得你给我儿子灌输了 |
[02:48] | to my son about how to deal with women. | 如何应付女人的不良信息 |
[02:50] | How so? | 怎么会呢? |
[02:51] | He thinks it’s okay to avoid somebody | 他觉得就因为谈话的内容 |
[02:53] | just because the conversation might be uncomfortable. | 让人不舒服就可以回避 |
[02:59] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[03:01] | Okay, that’s not funny. | 我没跟你说笑 |
[03:04] | Look, if I’m teaching the kid anything, | 听着 要是我教了孩子什么东西 |
[03:06] | it’s honesty. | 那就是教他诚实 |
[03:07] | Really? | 是吗? |
[03:09] | Walk me through the lesson, | 那也随便教我点吧 |
[03:10] | Charlie. Educate me. | 查理 教教我 |
[03:12] | Okay. | 成 |
[03:13] | I tell women upfront | 我会提前告诉女人 |
[03:14] | I’m not looking for a long-term relationship. | 我不想要长期的关系 |
[03:16] | If they don’t believe me, | 如果她们不相信 |
[03:17] | or they’re determined to change my mind, | 或者她们想改变我的想法 |
[03:19] | I have a right to avoid that conversation. | 我就有回避这种谈话的权利 |
[03:21] | And the phone company obviously agrees with me | 很明显 电话公司也站着我这边 |
[03:23] | otherwise they wouldn’t have invented caller ID. | 不然 他们就不会发明来电显示了 |
[03:28] | Uncle Charlie? | 查理叔叔? |
[03:29] | What if someone you don’t want to talk to | 要是你不想交谈的人 |
[03:30] | comes over instead of calls? | 直接来家里怎么办? |
[03:32] | Just tell them I’m not here. | 就说我不在家 |
[03:34] | He’s not here, Grandma. | 奶奶 他不在家 |
[03:39] | Mom, you just surprised me. | 妈妈 好意外啊 |
[03:41] | You should have called first. | 你该先打个电话 |
[03:42] | Charlie, I call constantly. | 查理 我不停的打啊打的 |
[03:43] | You screen like an Olympic drug tester. | 你电话就像被奥林匹克药检员过滤了 |
[03:48] | I’m happy to see you, Mom. | 妈妈 看到你真高兴 |
[03:49] | I don’t believe you, sweetheart, | 宝贝 我才不信呢 |
[03:50] | but at least you care enough to lie. | 不过你至少还肯撒个谎 |
[03:53] | Hey, I care enough to lie. | 我也肯撒谎啊 |
[03:55] | You just caught me off guard. | 可你都不打招呼就来 |
[03:57] | So, what are you doing here? | 你来这有什么事吗? |
[03:59] | Well, I’m showing a house up the beach | 我带人到海滩看房子 |
[04:01] | and I though while I’m in the neighbourhood, | 我想反正都到附近了 |
[04:03] | I would drop off a gift for my grandson. | 顺便来给我孙子点礼物 |
[04:06] | You’re writing him a cheque? | 你在给他开支票? |
[04:08] | What kind of gift is that? | 这算什么礼物? |
[04:10] | You told me he likes transformer toys. | 你说过他喜欢变形金刚 |
[04:13] | This cheque | 这张支票 |
[04:15] | transforms into any toy he wants. | 可以变形成任何他想要的玩具 |
[04:19] | Wow, thanks Grandma. | 哇 谢谢奶奶 |
[04:21] | Is that all? Don’t I get a hug? | 就说句谢谢? 不来个拥抱? |
[04:25] | Oh, your Grandma loves you so, so, so, so much. | 哦 奶奶我真是太 太 太爱你了 |
[04:28] | Oh, Grandma’s gotta go to work. | 奶奶要工作了 |
[04:31] | Nobody just gives her cheques. | 因为没人肯给奶奶开支票 |
[04:34] | Walk me. | 跟我来 |
[04:37] | In case you’re at all interested, | 既然你们都很关心 |
[04:39] | I have been seeing a man | 我和一个男人约会 |
[04:41] | and he just may be the one. | 他没准就是我的真命天子 |
[04:43] | Hey, five times the charm. | 五是你的幸运数字 |
[04:45] | Four. | 这是第四个 |
[04:47] | But what about the guy with the… | 不是有个… |
[04:47] | That was annulled | 那个甩了 |
[04:48] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:49] | Oh boy, are we gonna have a new daddy? | 我们要有个新爸爸了? |
[04:53] | Oh, bite me, Charlie. | 查理 你找抽啊 |
[04:57] | Now, I would like to have a dinner | 我打算大家去我家吃顿晚饭 |
[04:59] | at the house. so you boys can meet him. | 好让你们认识下 |
[05:00] | What night is good for you? | 你们哪天有空? |
[05:02] | Uh, what night do you want us? | 你觉得我们该哪天有空? |
[05:04] | Uh, uh, uh, I you asked first. | 哦 我先问的 |
[05:07] | Uh, well, Jake’s here weekends, | 呃 杰克周末在这里 |
[05:10] | it’s Thursday. Check my calendar. | 今天周四 我看看日历 |
[05:14] | Don’t really want to. | 一点也不想去 |
[05:20] | Tomorrow night. 7 o’clock. | 明晚7点 |
[05:23] | It’s very important to me | 这对我很重要 |
[05:24] | and I hope you can make it. | 我希望你们能去 |
[05:27] | But I’ll certainly understand | 如果你们无暇顾及你们妈妈的事的话 |
[05:29] | if you’re too busy for your mother. | 我也能理解 |
[05:35] | You know what she’s trying to do, | 你知道她打的什么算盘 |
[05:36] | don’t you? | 对吧 |
[05:37] | Of course I know. | 我当然知道 |
[05:38] | But maybe one of us should go. | 但我们总得去一个啊 |
[05:39] | Oh sure, you go, I look bad. | 是啊 你去然后我挨骂 |
[05:40] | What do you care? | 你在乎? |
[05:41] | I don’t care. | 才怪 |
[05:42] | -Then don’t go. -I’m not going. | -那就别去 -我不去 |
[05:43] | I’m not going, either. | 我也不去 |
[05:44] | I’m not staying. | 我不会呆多久 |
[05:46] | We’ll eat, we’ll go. | 吃了饭就撤 |
[05:47] | No coffee, no dessert. | 咖啡和甜点都省了 |
[05:49] | We can’t be rude. | 我们不能那么失礼 |
[05:50] | Watch me. I refuse to let that woman… | 看着我 我不能让这个女人… |
[05:52] | Hi ma. | 嗨 妈 |
[05:54] | Better late than never. | 迟了总好过没来 |
[05:56] | We’re right on time. | 我们挺准时 |
[05:57] | I was referring to the big picture. | 我说的是将来 |
[06:01] | Hi Grandma. | 奶奶你好 |
[06:01] | And look, you brought Jake to meet my new beau. | 你们带杰克来见我的新情人 |
[06:06] | Come here sweetheart, | 宝贝 到这来 |
[06:07] | now tonight, you and I are going to play a game. | 今晚 我和你玩个游戏 |
[06:10] | And the name of the game is | 游戏名是 |
[06:13] | “Don’t call me Grandma.” | 不要叫我奶奶 |
[06:16] | What kind of game is that? | 这是个什么游戏? |
[06:18] | It’s a fun game, honey. It only has one rule. | 宝贝 是个很好玩的游戏 就一个规则 |
[06:20] | You have to call me Evelyn. | 你要管我叫伊夫林 |
[06:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:24] | Try it. | 试试 |
[06:26] | Evelyn. | 伊夫林 |
[06:27] | See? We’re having fun already. | 看看? 这不就玩上了 |
[06:30] | Oh look, you didn’t bring wine. | 看看 你们都没带酒来 |
[06:32] | Good. Too many people bring wine. | 也行 反正带酒的人够多了 |
[06:38] | Tommy, darling, | 亲爱的 汤米 |
[06:40] | I’d like you to meet my sons. | 我想让你见见我的儿子们 |
[06:43] | This is Charlie. -Charlie. | -这是 查理 -查理 |
[06:44] | Hi Tommy, how are you? | 汤米 你好啊 |
[06:46] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[06:46] | -Hello. -Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:48] | And this is Jake. | 这是 杰克 |
[06:49] | Yes, I am, Evelyn. | 是的 我是 伊夫林 |
[06:53] | Let’s not beat it to death, okay? | 别那么咬牙切齿的 |
[06:55] | Good to meet you, Jake. | 很高兴看到你 杰克 |
[06:57] | Oh, there you are. | 你在这 |
[06:59] | Boys, this is Tommy’s daughter, Olivia. | 孩子们 这是汤米的女儿 奥莉维亚 |
[07:02] | Hello, Charlie. | 你好 查理 |
[07:03] | Hey there, | 你在这啊 |
[07:04] | stranger. | 新朋友 |
[07:06] | Do you two know each other? | 你们认识? |
[07:08] | I thought I knew him. | 我以为我认识他 |
[07:10] | Oh no. | 不会吧 |
[07:13] | Okay, who would like a drink? | 有谁要喝点什么吗? |
[07:14] | I would like a drink. | 我想喝点东西 |
[07:15] | Charlie, come help me make the drinks. | 查理 过来帮我弄点喝的 |
[07:17] | Alan, talk to Olivia. | 艾伦 陪奥莉维亚聊聊 |
[07:18] | Alan was a Caesarean. | 艾伦是剖腹产的 |
[07:24] | It wasn’t medically necessary. | 其实没那个必要 |
[07:27] | She just had a function to go to. | 她就想那么做 |
[07:31] | Is there anyone in the 310 area code that you have not mounted? | 310区号里还有哪个女的你没上过? |
[07:37] | Come on, we went out a couple of times, | 得了吧 我们也就一起玩过几次 |
[07:39] | she assumed it was an exclusive thing | 她觉得我很专一 |
[07:41] | and when she found out it wasn’t, | 后来她发现不是那么回事后 |
[07:43] | she got a little upset. | 她就有一点点郁闷 |
[07:48] | Anyway, Tommy seems like a real nice guy. | 总之 汤米人看上去不错 |
[07:50] | I am very happy for you. Goodnight. | 你替你感到高兴 晚安 |
[07:53] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[07:55] | You are not going anywhere. | 你哪也不许去 |
[07:57] | This man is very important to me. | 这个人对我来说很重要 |
[07:59] | Now, we are going to have a nice dinner, | 我们该愉快的共进晚餐 |
[08:01] | you are going to be charming | 你要发挥你的魅力 |
[08:03] | and Tommy will remain oblivious to | 那汤米就不会去想 |
[08:05] | the fact that you defiled his daughter. | 你亵渎过他女儿的事 |
[08:07] | Hey, she wasn’t exactly filed when I met her. | 嘿 我认识她时她也没多纯洁 |
[08:12] | You don’t know how lucky you are | 你不知道你有个 |
[08:13] | to have a mother like Evelyn. | 像伊夫林这样的妈妈是多幸运 |
[08:15] | She is the warmest, most affectionate, | 她是我见过的最温暖 最有感情 |
[08:17] | giving woman I have ever known. | 付出最多的女人 |
[08:20] | That’s my mom. | 我妈妈就是这样的人 |
[08:23] | Call her Evelyn, that’s the game. | 叫她伊夫林 这是游戏规则 |
[08:26] | You play your game, I’ll play mine. | 你玩你的 我叫我的 |
[08:30] | Here we are. | 我们来了 |
[08:31] | There’s my little karaoke cupcake. | 我的小卡拉OK性感女王来了 |
[08:34] | Oh, Tommy, you are not telling that story. | 汤米 别说那事了 |
[08:38] | We took one of those little cruises to Alaska. | 我们乘船到阿拉斯加游览 |
[08:40] | Glaciers and whales, | 看冰川和鲸鱼 |
[08:42] | I didn’t quite see the point of it all. | 都挺没劲的 |
[08:43] | But during the evening | 可晚上 |
[08:44] | there was this karaoke competition | 有个卡拉OK比赛 |
[08:46] | and as you know, | 你们都知道 |
[08:47] | I’m no stranger to the stage. | 我也常登台的 |
[08:49] | Yes, mom, I know. | 对 妈妈 我知道 |
[08:51] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[08:54] | Anyway, you know how I have always sung | 总之 你们知道我常唱 |
[08:56] | um… these boots were make for walking | 做双鞋远行(歌名) |
[08:58] | with my little dance routine. | 配上我的小碎舞步 |
[09:00] | Yes, mom, I have it on my wedding video. | 对 妈妈 我婚礼的录像上有 |
[09:04] | So, how have you been? | 你最近过得怎么样? |
[09:06] | Oh, you know… | 你知道… |
[09:07] | No, I don’t know Charlie. | 不 我不知道 查理 |
[09:09] | When people don’t return your calls, | 要是别人不回你电话的话 |
[09:11] | it’s kinda hard to know how they’ve been. | 你很难知道他的状况 |
[09:13] | Okay, look, I know | 好 听着 我知道 |
[09:14] | this is an awkward coincidence. | 这个是尴尬的巧合 |
[09:15] | It’s no coincidence. | 不是巧合 |
[09:16] | When my father told me who he was dating, | 当我爸爸告诉我他和谁约会的时候 |
[09:18] | I made a point of being here. | 我就打定主意要来这 |
[09:21] | Oh, well, you can’t argue | 那你不得不说 |
[09:22] | the awkward part, right? | 这够尴尬的 对吧? |
[09:23] | So, I’m zipping up my boots, | 我穿好鞋 |
[09:26] | and I am about to go on stage, | 要往台上走 |
[09:28] | when this hausfrau from Tone-Deaf Texas | 有个从德克萨斯来的老女人 |
[09:31] | gets up and starts singing my song. | 上台唱了我的歌 |
[09:34] | I think you can imagine how unhappy I was. | 你们能想到我有多郁闷 |
[09:37] | Don’t tell me to calm down, you lied to me! | 别叫我冷静 你骗了我 |
[09:40] | I did not lie to you. | 我没骗你 |
[09:41] | And you could have told me | 这些你可以 |
[09:42] | this on the phone. | 在电话里说 |
[09:42] | You never answer your phone. | 你从来不接电话 |
[09:44] | Of course not. | 当然不接了 |
[09:45] | Who wants to have this conversation? | 谁想说这些啊? |
[09:49] | So, um, I sidled up to the woman and, | 反正 我悄悄走向那女的 |
[09:55] | and really very smoothly, | 很和谐的和她 |
[09:57] | turned it into a duet | 唱起二重唱 |
[09:59] | when suddenly she starts pushing me… | 然后 她突然开始推我 |
[10:02] | You said I was very special to you. | 你说我对你而言很特别 |
[10:05] | You were. | 是啊 |
[10:05] | Yea, me and three other women. | 对 是我和其他三个女的 |
[10:08] | I said you were special, not unique. | 我说你是特别的 没说你是唯一的 |
[10:12] | Drop dead, you bastard. | 去死吧 你这混蛋 |
[10:17] | Excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[10:28] | In my defence… | 容我解释 |
[10:32] | ah, screw it. | 算了 |
[10:35] | Finish the story, Evelyn. | 把故事讲完啊 伊夫林 |
[10:37] | Did you push her back? | 你也推她了吗? |
[10:46] | Stupid musician’s league. | 蠢透了的音乐人联赛 |
[10:50] | I don’t know why I bother. | 我不知道干嘛还犯得着去 |
[10:52] | Get this. Tie score, | 是这样 平局了 |
[10:54] | we are down to our last out. | 我们就一个人没下场 |
[10:56] | Our best hitter, Billy Kresky’s up. | 我们最好的击手比利・科瑞森上场 |
[10:58] | The bases are loaded, and so is Kresky. | 对方每个垒上都有人 我们只剩科瑞森了 |
[11:03] | His whole family is standing behind the backstop crying and pleading | 他全家人都站在挡网后哭着求他 |
[11:06] | “Go back to rehab Daddy, | 爸爸 振作起来啊 (加油啊) |
[11:07] | we love you. | 我们爱你 |
[11:11] | Needless to say, he choked. | 不用说 他也哭了 |
[11:14] | Charlie, I think we’ve got a bigger problem. | 查理 我们有更大的麻烦了 |
[11:17] | Our mother is missing. | 咱妈失踪了 |
[11:19] | Don’t try to cheer me up. | 别说这种话哄我开心 |
[11:22] | I’m serious. I called her home, | 我说真的 我给她家 她的车 |
[11:24] | her car, her cell, nothing. | 她的手机都打过电话 没人 |
[11:26] | Did you check with the captain of the flying monkeys? | 那你问过飞猴将军了吗? |
[11:29] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[11:30] | She’s probably just sulking because | 她可能只是闹情绪 |
[11:32] | I screwed up her dinner party last week. | 因为我上礼拜把她的晚餐弄砸了 |
[11:33] | That’s what I thought to. | 我本来也这么想的 |
[11:34] | Except I called her office | 直到我给她办公室打电话 |
[11:36] | and they haven’t heard from her either. | 她们也不知道她去哪儿了 |
[11:38] | Okay, that’s weird. | 怪了 |
[11:39] | Yea, I think somebody needs to | 我想有人该 |
[11:40] | go over there and make sure she’s okay. | 去她那看看她到底好不好 |
[11:42] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[11:43] | You do that and I’ll stay here in case she calls. | 你去 我留下以防她打电话来 |
[11:47] | Why don’t you go and I’ll stay here in case she calls? | 怎么不是你去 然后我留下等电话呢? |
[11:49] | No, I gotta be honest, I like my idea better. | 不 老实说 我觉得我的主意好点 |
[11:51] | Well, I’m not going there alone. | 我才不一个人去呢 |
[11:53] | I’m not going at all. | 我说什么也不去 |
[11:54] | What do you wanna bet she ran off to | 要不要赌她去 |
[11:55] | Vegas to marry this Tommy guy? | 拉斯维加斯和汤米那家伙结婚了? |
[11:57] | Hey, if that’s all this is, great. | 要那样也挺好 |
[11:59] | The only downside would be that . | 唯一不好的就是 |
[12:00] | you slept with our stepsister. | 你跟继父的女儿上床了 |
[12:02] | Hadn’t thought of that. Kinda sexy. | 想起来 其实挺火辣的 |
[12:04] | Kinda sick. | 恶心 |
[12:06] | I’m saying. | 我随便说的 |
[12:08] | Look, there’s no one here, let’s go. | 瞧 没人在 走吧 |
[12:10] | No, I want to take a look. | 不 还是进去看看 |
[12:13] | You have a key? | 你有钥匙? |
[12:15] | I’m the good son. | 我是个好儿子 |
[12:21] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[12:25] | Okay, she’s not here, let’s go. | 好 她不在 我们走 |
[12:32] | Okay, she’s here. Let’s go. | 好 她在 我们走 |
[12:35] | Charlie… | 查理… |
[12:36] | Mom, are you alright? | 妈妈 你还好吗? |
[12:38] | Why haven’t you been answering the phone? | 为什么不接电话啊? |
[12:40] | I didn’t want to burden anyone | 我不想让汤米离开的悲伤情绪 |
[12:42] | with my grief over the late Tommy Pearson. | 传播给别人 |
[12:45] | Tommy died? | 汤米死了? |
[12:49] | Well, he is dead to me. | 对我而言 他就是死了 |
[12:53] | Okay, what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[12:56] | He dumped me. | 他甩了我 |
[12:57] | Mom, I’m sorry. | 妈妈 对不起 |
[12:59] | But the thing between me and his daughter happened years | 我和他女儿交往是好几年前的事 |
[13:02] | before you even met the guy. | 你们还不认识呢 |
[13:03] | This has nothing to do with you, Charlie. | 查理 这和你没关系 |
[13:06] | God, you’re a narcissist. | 天那 你太自恋了 |
[13:10] | No, Tommy left me | 不 汤米是为一个 |
[13:12] | for some fresh faced 45 year old bimbo. | 拉过皮的45岁的老女人而甩了我 |
[13:16] | I’m sorry Mom, I know he meant a lot to you. | 对不起 妈妈 我知道他对你很重要 |
[13:20] | Yea, I’m sorry too. | 我也很对不起你 |
[13:21] | Thank you, Alan. Nice try, Charlie. | 谢谢你 艾伦 装的不错 查理 |
[13:26] | Now, if you’ll both please leave, | 现在 你们都走吧 |
[13:28] | I’d like to be alone. | 我想单独待会儿 |
[13:31] | We understand. | 我们明白 |
[13:34] | Charlie, wait. | 查理 等等 |
[13:36] | We can’t just leave her here. | 我们不能把她丢这 |
[13:38] | Fine. Where do you want to leave her? | 好 那你准备把她丢哪儿? |
[13:41] | Hey mom, | 嘿 妈妈 |
[13:42] | why don’t you, er, why don’t you | 你怎么不去 |
[13:43] | come back and stay at Charlie’s house | 查理那小住几天 |
[13:44] | for a few days? How is that? | 怎么样? |
[13:46] | Woah, woah, time out. | 拜访时间到 |
[13:47] | Don’t worry, Charlie, | 查理 别怕 |
[13:48] | I have no desire to impose on your life. | 我可没想干预你的生活 |
[13:52] | Appreciate it. Alright then, chin up. | 谢天谢地 那好 开心点 |
[13:57] | You sure, Mom? | 妈妈 你确定吗? |
[13:58] | Yes, thank you, Alan. | 对 谢谢你 艾伦 |
[14:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:05] | Oh god. | 要命哦… |
[14:10] | So close. | 功亏一篑了 |
[14:19] | How long is she going to sit out there? | 她打算在外面坐多久? |
[14:21] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:22] | I’ve never seen her this depressed. | 我从没见过她这么难过 |
[14:23] | Somebody’s got to go out there | 该有个人去她那 |
[14:26] | and show her a little love and support. | 给她点关爱心和鼓励 |
[14:29] | Jake! | 杰克! |
[14:32] | Yea. | 怎么了? |
[14:35] | Um, why don’t you go out | 你怎么不去外面 |
[14:36] | and talk to Grandma? | 和你奶奶聊聊天? |
[14:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:39] | Because she’s a little lonely. | 因为她有点寂寞 |
[14:41] | She’s your mom. | 她是你妈妈 |
[14:44] | Don’t sass me. Go talk to Grandma. | 别给我顶嘴 陪你奶奶聊聊 |
[14:52] | Hi Evelyn. | 伊夫林 你好 |
[14:53] | Please, sweetheart, call me Grandma. | 得了 甜心 还是叫奶奶吧 |
[14:56] | But what about the game? | 那游戏怎么办? |
[14:57] | Games are for children, Jake. | 杰克 游戏是小孩子们玩的 |
[15:05] | You know,Uncle Charlie got me a metal detector | 知道吗 查理叔叔给我个金属探测器 |
[15:07] | and sometimes I find cool stuff on the beach. | 有时候我会在海滩发现很多宝贝 |
[15:10] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[15:11] | But you know, | 可你知道吗? |
[15:12] | that cool stuff is stuff that other people lost and will never get back. | 可有些人就会永远失去那些宝贝了 |
[15:18] | Trinkets and treasures buried | 宝藏埋在 |
[15:20] | beneath the lonely sands of time. | 孤独的时间沙滩下 |
[15:23] | Yea, but finders, keepers, right? | 对 谁找到就归谁 不是吗? |
[15:26] | And losers, weepers. | 还有”谁失去 谁哭泣” |
[15:34] | He’s getting killed out there. | 他在外边想死的心都有了 |
[15:36] | It’s alright, he’s not crying yet. | 还好啦 他还没哭呢 |
[15:39] | Somebody needs to go out there and back him up. | 该有个人去外面帮帮他 |
[15:42] | Ten bucks says it’s not me. | 赌十块钱 肯定不是我去 |
[15:51] | Hey, what’s going on with you… | 嘿 你们聊得开心吧… |
[15:57] | kid’s got a bladder the size of a pea. | 这孩子尿急了 |
[16:01] | You were a bed wetter, if I recall. | 要我没记错的话 你也老尿床 |
[16:17] | You know, you know | 你知道 你知道 |
[16:19] | what Jake would really get a kick out of? | 什么能让杰克开心吗? |
[16:21] | If you could sing, | 要是你唱歌 |
[16:23] | while Charlie played the piano. | 查理弹琴伴奏的话 |
[16:25] | Oh, no, no, Alan, I couldn’t. | 不 不 艾伦 我不行 |
[16:27] | Besides, Charlie always hated that. | 再说了 查理也不喜欢这样 |
[16:29] | Are you kidding? It was his idea. | 说什么呢 那就是查理的主意啊 |
[16:40] | These boots are made for walking. | 为远行做双鞋 |
[16:43] | And that’s just what they’ll do. | 就像其他人一样 |
[16:46] | One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you. | 有一天你将磨穿那些鞋 |
[16:52] | Pick it up Charlie, | 查理 弹快点 |
[16:53] | we’re walking, not crawling. | 我是在走 不是爬 |
[16:55] | “Are you ready boots? | 你准备好鞋了吗 |
[16:56] | Start walking.” | 走吧 |
[17:05] | Okay, now. | 好 现在 |
[17:07] | One more time. | 再唱一遍 |
[17:08] | Okay, one, two, three… | 好 一 二 三 |
[17:11] | You keep saying you… | 你总说你 |
[17:36] | Mom, you okay? | 妈妈 你还好吗? |
[17:38] | Yea, go back to bed, Charlie. | 恩 查理 回去睡觉吧 |
[17:41] | No, I’m up. | 不 我不困 |
[17:42] | It’s hard to sleep after a big show. | 盛大演奏后总是难以入睡的 |
[17:47] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你为我伴奏 |
[17:49] | Brought back some nice memories. | 让我想起以前的快乐时光 |
[17:52] | You still got some chops, Mom. | 妈妈 你还是喜欢变调子 |
[17:53] | You were rushing the tempo towards the end, there. | 你老是抢拍子想快点弹完 |
[17:57] | Sorry, I always get a little carried away | 对不起 你来那段詹姆斯・布朗专辑串烧的时候 |
[17:59] | when you do the James Brown medley. | 我就有点控制不住了 |
[18:04] | Oh, Charlie. | 哦 查理 |
[18:07] | Your mother’s a real sad case, isn’t she? | 你妈妈可怜兮兮的 对吧? |
[18:11] | You’ll get over him. There’s other guys. | 跟他吹了 还有很多男人呢 |
[18:15] | He never even called. | 他电话都没给我打一个 |
[18:17] | Never even said goodbye. | 分手都没有说 |
[18:20] | Maybe… | 也许… |
[18:22] | maybe he was scared. | 也许他害怕了 |
[18:25] | Of what? | 怕什么? |
[18:28] | I knew there were no promises, no strings. | 我知道我们没有承诺 没有约束 |
[18:31] | That doesn’t mean there can’t be common courtesy. | 可他不该没点起码的礼貌啊 |
[18:39] | To think I meant that little to him. | 我对他而言什么也不是 |
[18:49] | It will be okay, Mom. | 没事的 妈妈 |
[18:52] | Hey, you still got me and Alan. | 你还有我和艾伦呢 |
[18:55] | Oh, Charlie, please. | 查理 行了吧 |
[18:57] | I know how difficult things are between us. | 我知道我们母子关系很糟糕 |
[19:01] | Maybe it’s my fault. | 也许这是我的错 |
[19:04] | It’s not all your fault. | 不全是你们的错 |
[19:07] | I probably haven’t been the best son. | 我也不是什么好儿子 |
[19:16] | I just want you to know that… | 我想让你知道 |
[19:17] | in my way… I want you to be happy | 尽我所能 我想让你开心 |
[19:21] | and… | 还有… |
[19:25] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[19:31] | Well,I guess I’ll go pack. | 哦 我想我要回屋收拾行李了 |
[19:35] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:36] | I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[19:38] | In the middle of the night? | 深更半夜的回家? |
[19:41] | Charlie, you just said you loved me. | 查理 你刚说了你爱我 |
[19:47] | You could only screw it up from here. | 气氛全被你搞坏了 |
[20:04] | Oh my darling, I love you, and I always will. | 亲爱的 我爱你 永远爱你 |
[20:17] | Donkey Cong! | 驴子孔(杰克发音错了) |
[20:20] | Danke Schoen. | 谢谢申恩(歌名) |
[20:21] | Danke Schoen | 谢谢申恩 |
[20:22] | Danke Schoen. B Flat. One, two, three… | 谢谢申恩 降B调 一 二 三 |