时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Jake, time to go! get your stuff together! | 杰克 该走了 把你的东西都带上 |
[00:06] | After you drop him off at his mom’s, you want to see a movie? | 送他到他妈妈那里后 你想去看看电影吗 |
[00:09] | -sure, that sounds good. -cool. enjoy. | -当然 那听起来不错 -好 那看得开心点 |
[00:13] | Why don’t you just tell me you’ve got a girl coming over? | 你为什么不直接说你有女孩子要过来? |
[00:16] | -i didn’t want to rub your nose in it. -thanks. | -我不想让你感到自卑 -谢谢 |
[00:19] | -she’s gorgeous, by the way. -wonderful. | -顺便跟你说一下 她真的很正点 -不错 |
[00:22] | Why are you putting Jake’s stuff all over the house? | 你为什么把杰克的东西到处乱放? |
[00:25] | I want this girl to see I’m not just another jerk trying to get her into bed. | 我想让她知道我不是另一个只想骗她上床的混球 |
[00:29] | -i’m a loving uncle. -who’s trying to get her into bed. | -我是一个有爱心的叔叔 -想和她上床的叔叔 |
[00:31] | That’s the loving part. | 那就是”爱心” |
[00:35] | This is the book I read to him at bedtime. | 这是我在他睡前给他读的书 |
[00:41] | You don’t read to Jake. | 你从来没有给杰克读过 |
[00:43] | That’s why you’re going to the movies! | 这就是你要去看电影的原因 |
[00:45] | Okay, ready to go. | 好了 可以走了 |
[00:46] | Is your skateboard still out by the front door? | 你的溜冰板还在前门那里吗 |
[00:49] | -sorry, I’ll bring it in. -no. leave it there. | -不好意思 我去拿进来 -不用 放在那里就好 |
[00:52] | See, I do this thing where I trip over it, then I bitch a little bit. | 我这么做好像我被绊倒了 然后发一下牢骚 |
[00:55] | I’m harried, but lovable. | 我虽然受到打扰 但很可爱 |
[00:59] | -you got everything? -yep. | -你东西拿齐了吗 -齐了 |
[01:00] | -what about your schoolbooks? -oh, right. | -你的课本呢 -哦 差点忘了 |
[01:04] | So, what time are you expecting little red riding hood? | 小红帽什么时候来 |
[01:08] | And I’m the big, bad wolf. | 那我是大灰狼咯 |
[01:10] | Very clever. and not a bad game to play later. | 很聪明 是我们待会儿玩角色扮演时很不错的选择 |
[01:14] | A little huffing and puffing and blowing. | 气喘吁吁的 呼哧呼哧的 |
[01:17] | That’s the three little pigs. | 那是三只小猪(大灰狼吹倒屋子) |
[01:19] | Same wolf though, right? | 不过是同样的大灰狼 是吧 |
[01:21] | -okay, I got my schoolbooks. -and your homework? | -好了 我拿好书包了 -你的作业呢 |
[01:27] | Charlie, if you took half the energy you put into manipulating | 查理 如果你把花在乱搞男女关系上面 |
[01:31] | Casual sexual encounters and used it to actually build a relationship, | 一半的精力投进真正的感情关系 |
[01:34] | You’d be a lot happier. | 你会比现在开心很多的 |
[01:36] | Hard to imagine. | 很难想象 |
[01:38] | Are you saying you never want to settle down? | 你是说你没有想过要安定下来吗 |
[01:40] | You mean get married? | 你是指结婚吗 |
[01:42] | Let me tell you something, bunky. | 让我来告诉你吧 老弟 |
[01:44] | If you’ve got someone to clean your house and do your shopping | 如果你已经有人帮你打扫房子和购物 |
[01:47] | And you’re getting action on a regular basis, | 而且你有定期的性生活 |
[01:49] | the only reason you need a wife | 那么你需要老婆的唯一理由就是 |
[01:51] | Is if you have some sick compulsion to give away half your stuff. | 你有某种病态的冲动去放弃你一半的东西 |
[01:55] | -what about kids? -i already got one! | -那孩子呢 -我已经有一个了 |
[01:58] | And the best part is he leaves before we get sick of each other. right, | 最好的是在我们彼此感到厌烦前他就走了 |
[02:02] | dude? | 是吧 |
[02:02] | -right, dude. -okay, let’s go. | -是的 老兄 -好吧 我们走 |
[02:05] | -bye, uncle Charlie. -see you next week. | -拜拜 查理叔叔 -下周见 |
[02:06] | -where are your shoes? -oh, right. | -你的鞋子呢 -哦 对 |
[02:12] | I have been so depressed since the divorce, I’ve gained eight pounds. | 我从离婚到现在一直很难过 我又胖了八磅 |
[02:16] | And not one ounce went to my boobs. | 而且没有一盎司是加在我的胸部上的 |
[02:18] | Honey, you’re still better off without the rat bastard. | 亲爱的 那也总比你还在那个混蛋身边好 |
[02:21] | But I miss the rat bastard. | 但是我想那个混蛋了 |
[02:24] | Listen to me, Kathleen. I thought I missed my husband, too. | 听我说 凯思琳 我也曾以为我想我丈夫 |
[02:27] | But it turned out to be just a little mix-up. | 但其实是一点点处方药搞混了 |
[02:32] | -hi, mom! -and there’s my big boy! | -嗨 妈妈 -我的大人物来了 |
[02:34] | -don’t I get a hug? -nope. gotta drain the lizard. | -不来一个拥抱吗 -不了 我要去玩蜥蜴 |
[02:38] | Boys. | 男孩子嘛 |
[02:40] | -hey. -hi, Alan. | -嘿 -嗨 艾伦 |
[02:42] | -he left his homework in the car. -thank you. | -他把作业落在车上了 -谢谢 |
[02:45] | Hang on, I have some bills you need to pay. | 等一下 我有一些账单要你付 |
[02:47] | Great. I hope they’re really big ones. | 太好了 我希望它们真的是大大的账单 |
[02:55] | Hi. Alan. | 嗨 我是艾伦 |
[03:00] | So you must be Judith’s support group. | 你们一定是朱蒂丝的后援团 |
[03:03] | That’s funny because I’m kind of supporting her, too. | 很有趣 因为我也在支持她 |
[03:10] | It’s not funny ha-ha so much as not funny. | 那也不是很有趣 哈哈 没有意思 |
[03:15] | Cookies! maybe this will take the taste of foot out of my mouth. | 小甜饼 或许这能把我口里的脚臭味冲掉 |
[03:22] | So, who’s the little baker among us? | 那么 这是谁做的呢 |
[03:30] | Foot. | 是脚 |
[03:34] | -can I have a cookie? -sure, sweetie. | -我可以吃点小甜饼吗 -当然 亲爱的 |
[03:37] | -you are so cute! -i know. | -你实在是太可爱了 -我知道 |
[03:40] | You have a girlfriend yet? | 你有女朋友了吗 |
[03:42] | No, I’m a bachelor like my uncle Charlie. | 没有 我是单身汉 像我查理叔叔那样 |
[03:44] | So, you’re never going to get married? | 那你永远都不结婚了? |
[03:46] | As long as I got someone to clean my house and action on a regular basis, | 只要我的房子有人打扫 有定期的性生活 |
[03:51] | I don’t need a wife. | 我就不需要娶老婆 |
[03:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[03:56] | I don’t want to give anybody half my stuff. | 我不想我的东西分一半给任何人 |
[04:01] | Okay, bye-bye. | 好了 拜拜 |
[04:11] | This is my favorite part of the house. I call it god’s room. | 这是我对这房子最满意的部分 我叫它神的房间 |
[04:17] | Are you religious? | 你信仰宗教吗 |
[04:20] | Tiffany, how can you not be when you look at something like that? | 蒂法尼 当你看着这些东西的时候你怎能不信呢 |
[04:28] | In fact, I’m always telling my little nephew what’s important is this. | 其实我一直告诉我的小侄子这些才重要 |
[04:34] | Not the big house, or the fancy car, | 而不是那些大房子或者高档汽车 |
[04:38] | Or all the expensive toys I’m always buying him. | 或者我经常买给他的昂贵的玩具 |
[04:46] | You are amazing. | 你实在太令人惊讶了 |
[04:48] | I don’t know many guys that would | 我还没有认识多少人 |
[04:50] | Make room in their lives for someone else’s child. | 愿意为别人的儿子腾出生活空间 |
[04:52] | He’s family. | 他可是我的家人啊 |
[04:54] | What kind of a man doesn’t make room in his life for his own family? | 谁不会为自己的家人留出生活空间呢 |
[05:01] | Look, it’s my brother Alan, who I also made room in my life for. | 瞧 那是我的弟弟艾伦 我也给他留了生活空间 |
[05:06] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[05:10] | Bro! | 老弟 |
[05:14] | All right, you moron, | 好 你这个白痴 |
[05:18] | what part of “stay out,so I can run around naked with a hot chick” | 我说过滚出去 我才可以赤裸地和火爆的美女在屋里乱跑 |
[05:21] | didn’t you understand? | 这句话你哪里听不懂吗 |
[05:22] | I’m sorry, I’m too depressed to sit through a movie. | 不好意思 我没有心情耐着性子看完电影 |
[05:25] | And you figured ruining my evening would cheer you up? | 那你认为破坏我今晚会让你变得开心? |
[05:31] | The movie was just a suggestion. | 看电影只是一个建议 |
[05:34] | Go bowling, go sit on the curb, I don’t care. | 你可以去打保龄球 或者蹲马路牙子 我才不管 |
[05:37] | Leave me alone! | 让我一个人静静 |
[05:39] | -who’s that? -Judith. again. | -是谁 -朱蒂丝 |
[05:41] | She’s really upset with me. | 她现在又对我很生气 |
[05:43] | -man, I’m sorry. -thank you. | -老兄 我很抱歉 -谢谢 |
[05:45] | Now get out. | 现在给我出去 |
[05:47] | Get out? she’s upset with me because of you! | 出去? 她就是因为你才跟我生气的 |
[05:49] | That’s different. | 那情况就不同了 |
[05:52] | But still, get out. | 但你还是得出去 |
[05:54] | Your sexist, | 你对女人的 |
[05:54] | manipulative attitude towards women just got into Jake’s head, | 大男人主义影响了杰克 他在他妈妈 |
[05:58] | And he spewed it out in front of his mother’s angry women’s support group. | 那群气愤的女子后援团面前全部说了 |
[06:01] | Wait a minute. is it a women’s support group that’s angry? | 等一下 是一个生气的后援团 |
[06:05] | Or a support group just for angry women? | 还是一个支持生气的女人的后援团? |
[06:08] | What difference does it make? | 有什么不同吗 |
[06:09] | If they are already angry, then I’m less culpable. | 如果她们已经生气了 那我的错就没那么大 |
[06:15] | Okay, what did Jake say? | 好的 杰克究竟说了什么 |
[06:18] | Not much. he just parroted your line about | 没什么 他只是把你说 |
[06:20] | how women are only good for sex and cleaning the house. | 女人只是用来满足性和打扫房子的话搬出来 |
[06:24] | Charlie, you didn’t really say that? | 查理 你不会说那些话吧 |
[06:27] | No. | 没有 |
[06:30] | What I said was is that there is really no reason to get married | 我只是说没有什么理由要结婚 |
[06:33] | If you’ve already got somebody to clean and… | 如果已经有人帮你打扫房子和 |
[06:39] | You want to go to the movies with me? | 你想要和我一起去看电影吗 |
[06:45] | Man, Jake’s going to love this video game. | 天啊 杰克一定会喜欢这个游戏的 |
[06:47] | Listen to this. “sixteen levels of ultra-realistic murder and mayhem, | 你听听 十六个等级的超真谋杀伤人 |
[06:53] | “twenty-four flesh-ripping weapons, | 二十四种把人体割开的武器 |
[06:56] | “plus gratuitous nudity.” | 还有免费的裸体 |
[06:59] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[07:01] | – “scooter’s magic tree fort”? -scooter’s a zombie. | -“斯古特的魔力树堡”? -斯古特是一个僵尸 |
[07:11] | It’s Tiffany. | 是蒂法尼 |
[07:13] | She still talking to you after last weekend? | 在经历了上周末后她还给你打电话? |
[07:15] | What can I tell you? I am hard to stay mad at. | 我要怎么说呢 我很难让人家一直生气的 |
[07:19] | Hello? hey, Tiff. I’ve been thinking about you all week. | 喂 蒂法尼 我这个星期一直在想你 |
[07:25] | Yeah, we did get off to a bad start, and I really blame myself. | 是啊 我们开始确实不愉快 我很自责 |
[07:29] | No, I’d love to try again. | 不 我很想再试一次 |
[07:33] | I’m going to go get Jake, | 我要去接杰克了 |
[07:35] | But I’ll leave the front door unlocked in case satan shows up to collect your soul. | 但我不会锁门的 以防撒旦要来取你的灵魂 |
[07:39] | Wait a minute. Alan? I gotta put you on hold a sec, Tiff. | 等一下 艾伦 我要暂停一下蒂法尼 |
[07:43] | How come Judith’s not bringing him over? | 朱蒂丝为什么不送他过来 |
[07:45] | I don’t know. Judith asked me to do it, and I just got tired of arguing. | 我不知道 朱蒂丝叫我过去 我已经厌烦了争吵 |
[07:49] | She still busting your chops about what Jake said? | 她还因为杰克的话恨不得打爆你的排骨吗 |
[07:51] | Look, blame it on me. | 都怪我 |
[07:53] | -tell her I’m sorry. -she won’t buy it. | -告诉她我很抱歉 -她不会买账的 |
[07:55] | Sure she will. women are suckers for a good apology. | 她会的 女人都经不起道歉的 |
[08:00] | Just keep shoveling it on till roses start growing in it. | 你就一直道歉直到她原谅 |
[08:04] | Poor satan. he’ll come for your soul and he’ll leave empty-handed. | 可怜的撒旦 他为你的灵魂而来 却空手而归 |
[08:14] | Hey, Tiff, I’m back. | 嘿 蒂法尼 我回来了 |
[08:16] | That’s kind of harsh. | 这话可有点刺耳 |
[08:19] | Wait a minute. hello? | 等一下 喂? |
[08:25] | I see, that’s not the hold button. | 我知道了 原来我按的不是暂停键 |
[08:33] | -hey, is Jake ready? -not exactly. | -嘿 杰克 准备好了吗 -还没 |
[08:36] | Maybe you should come in for a second. | 或许你该进来坐一下 |
[08:38] | Judith, how many times have I asked you to have him ready when l… | 朱蒂丝 我说过你多少次先把他准备好当我… |
[08:44] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[08:45] | -sit down, Alan. we want to talk to you. -we? | -坐下来 艾伦 我们想和你谈谈 -我们? |
[08:48] | Yes. sit down. | 是的 坐下 |
[08:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:53] | I guess I can stay for a minute. | 我可以呆一会儿 |
[09:02] | -no cookies. -no cookies. | -没有小甜饼? -没有 |
[09:07] | -Alan, Jake is not here. -why not? where is he? | -艾伦 杰克不在这里 -为什么 他在哪里? |
[09:10] | -he’s sleeping over at a friend’s. -what are you talking about? | -他去朋友那里过夜 -你说什么 |
[09:13] | This is my time with him. | 这是我和他在一起的时间 |
[09:15] | -yes, I know, but… -Judith feels she can no longer | -是的 我知道 但是… -朱蒂丝觉得她不能 |
[09:17] | Allow her son to be exposed to the toxic influence of your brother. | 再让她的儿子受你的哥哥的坏影响了 |
[09:22] | Wait a second. we have a custody agreement. | 等一下 我们有监护协议的 |
[09:25] | Yes, but Judith feels that the welfare of her son supersedes that. | 没错 但是朱蒂丝觉得儿子的幸福更重要 |
[09:29] | -you can’t do this! -yes, she can. | -你不能这么做 -错了 她可以 |
[09:31] | -who are you? -they are my friends. | -你是谁 -她们是我的朋友 |
[09:33] | Wait. what the hell do your friends have to do with this? | 等等 你的朋友跟这件事有什么关系? |
[09:36] | -we love and support her. -and we won’t let you bully her. | -我们爱她支持她 -我们不会让你欺负她的 |
[09:39] | Wait. okay, first of all, | 等等 好的 首先 |
[09:40] | can the person I talk to be the person who answers me? | 我问谁就由谁回答好了 可以吗 |
[09:43] | That’s fair. | 那很公平 |
[09:44] | Okay, I don’t want to talk to you people. this is between me and Judith. | 我不想和你们这些人说 这是我跟朱蒂丝的事 |
[09:48] | You’re absolutely right. Judith, tell him what we agreed. | 你说得很对 朱蒂丝 把我们商量的结果告诉他 |
[09:51] | Okay. you can see Jake on weekends, but not at Charlie’s house. | 好的 你可以在周末见杰克 但不是在查理的房子 |
[09:56] | But that’s where I live. | 但那是我住的地方 |
[09:58] | I’m sorry, Alan, but you’re just going to have to choose | 对不起 艾伦 但是你必须 |
[10:01] | Between your son and your brother. | 在你的儿子和哥哥之间做出选择 |
[10:03] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[10:04] | maybe I have a problem with Jake being in this toxic environment. | 或许我让杰克在你们这种恶劣的环境呆着才是错的 |
[10:08] | And I am not leaving until you bitter old crones are out of my house | 除非你们这些丑八婆滚出去并要回我的儿子 |
[10:13] | And I have my kid back! | 我不会走的 |
[10:20] | All right. you can stay. but I want my kid. | 好吧 你们可以留下来 但我要我的儿子 |
[10:27] | Okay, I will go. | 好吧 我走 |
[10:36] | -morning. -hey. | -早上好 -嘿 |
[10:41] | -where are the pancakes? -what pancakes? | -薄烤饼在哪里? -什么薄烤饼? |
[10:44] | You always make pancakes on saturday morning. | 你一直在星期六早上做薄烤饼的 |
[10:46] | I make them for Jake. Jake’s not here. | 我是做给杰克的 杰克不在了 |
[10:48] | -kind of weird without him, huh? -yes. | -没有他好像怪怪的 -是的 |
[10:52] | Would it lift your spirits if you made pancakes for me? | 帮我做薄烤饼能够让你心情好起来吗 |
[10:57] | I’m sorry, man. I told you to blame it all on me. | 很抱歉 老兄 我早说过了都怪到我头上 |
[11:00] | Charlie, they had moved way past blame. | 查理 她们已经不只是责怪了 |
[11:03] | It was more like a jihad. | 她们差不多是在讨伐了 |
[11:08] | Except with no cookies. | 除了没有小甜饼 |
[11:10] | Your big mistake was dealing with them as a group. | 你的错误行为使她们结成一个团体了 |
[11:13] | The trick with women is to split them off from the herd, one by one. | 对付女人就要各个击破 |
[11:18] | Otherwise, they spook and you risk a stampede. | 否则她们就像幽灵 你就只有惊跑的份了 |
[11:22] | Kind of like buffalo. | 就像水牛一样 |
[11:25] | In fact, I will bet that’s where that song comes from. | 我相信 那首歌就是这样来的 |
[11:28] | Buffalo gals, won ‘t you come out tonight come out tonight | *水牛城的妞们 你们今晚不出来吗 快出来* |
[11:31] | Do you hear yourself? “buffalo gals “? are you insane? | 你在说些啥啊 “水牛城的妞们”? 你是白痴吗 |
[11:35] | This is the kind of talk that started this whole mess! | 就是这种话才会惹出这堆麻烦的 |
[11:38] | I didn’t write the song, Alan. | 那首歌可不是我写的 艾伦 |
[11:43] | -morning. -morning, Berta. | -早上好 -早上好 波塔 |
[11:45] | -what, no pancakes? -Jake’s not here this weekend. | -怎么 没有薄烤饼? -杰克这周末不在 |
[11:48] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:52] | Apparently Jake took something I said out of context | 很明显杰克断章取义了我说的话 |
[11:55] | And repeated it in front of his mother and she overreacted, | 然后在他妈妈面前说了出来 她反应过度了 |
[11:58] | as is her nature. | 正如她的性格 |
[12:00] | What did you say, numbnuts? | 你说了什么 笨蛋 |
[12:01] | All I said was if your domestic chores are taken care of by one woman | 我说如果你的家务活有一个女人负责 |
[12:06] | And you have an active sexual life with other women, | 而且你和别的女人有活跃的性生活 |
[12:08] | You don’t necessarily need yet another woman | 你就不一定需要别的女人 |
[12:10] | With whom to tie the matrimonial knot. | 来和你结婚 |
[12:14] | And which category do I come in under? | 那我属于哪一类女人? |
[12:17] | I got to say it’s the sweet loving, Berta, because this place is a mess. | 我不得不说是甜蜜的爱 波塔 这地方一片混乱 |
[12:23] | Morning, everybody. I brought real maple syrup for the pancakes. | 大家早 我带来了枫蜜蘸薄烤饼 |
[12:27] | -there’s no pancakes, Rose. -because Jake’s not here. | -没有薄烤饼了 罗斯 -因为杰克不在 |
[12:30] | Because Charlie’s an idiot. | 因为查理是白痴 |
[12:33] | Why? I mean, “why is Jake not here?” not “why is Charlie an idiot?” | 为什么? 我是说杰克为什么不在 不是问查理为什么是白痴 |
[12:39] | Because we know that. | 因为那一点我们都清楚 |
[12:40] | Hello? where’s my grandson? | 大家好 我的孙子呢? |
[12:44] | Oh, god, make this stop. | 天 饶了我吧 |
[12:46] | Good morning, all. | 大家早上好 |
[12:48] | -hi, mom. -morning. | -嗨 妈妈 -早 |
[12:49] | -so, where’s Jake? -ask Charlie. | -杰克呢 -问查理 |
[12:51] | -yeah, ask him. -Charlie? | -是的 问他 -查理? |
[12:59] | See? just like buffalo. | 看吧 就像水牛一样 |
[13:07] | No, evelyn, I am sorry. | 不是的 伊夫林我很抱歉 |
[13:08] | I want you to be able to spend time with your grandson | 我希望你能和你的孙子呆在一起 |
[13:11] | But I just don’t want him around Charlie. | 但我不希望他在查理身边 |
[13:14] | Why? why do you think? | 为什么 你觉得呢? |
[13:17] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:20] | No, | 不是 |
[13:20] | his attitude toward women is not a reflection on you or how you raised him. | 他对女人的态度不是你或你抚养他的写照 |
[13:24] | Yes, it is. | 不是才怪 |
[13:27] | Look, there’s someone at the door, I’ve got to go. | 有人来敲门 我得去开门了 |
[13:30] | No, evelyn, | 不是 evelyn |
[13:31] | i don’t think this would seem less important if I was “getting a little.” | 我不认为如果我得到的少这不重要 |
[13:38] | -Judith, can’t we talk about this? -there’s nothing to talk about, | -朱蒂丝 我们能不能谈谈? -没什么好说的 |
[13:41] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[13:42] | Okay. don’t talk. just listen. | 好的 那就别说 只是听 |
[13:45] | I love Jake and I would never intentionally do anything | 我爱杰克 我永远不会故意做什么事情 |
[13:48] | -to influence him in a negative way. -i don’t care about your intentions. | -给他造成不良影响 -我不管你是不是故意的 |
[13:52] | Okay, I am a jerk, I am immature, I am self-centered, I am… | 好 我白痴 我幼稚 我自私 我… |
[13:56] | Hi, I’m Charlie. | 嗨 我是查理 |
[13:59] | Yes, we’ve heard about you. | 我们听说过你 |
[14:01] | And I will bet none of it’s good. | 我猜一定都是不好的 |
[14:04] | -i am sorry, what is your name? -Linda. | -不好意思 你叫什么 -琳达 |
[14:06] | Linda. really? | 琳达 是吗 |
[14:08] | I once had my heart broken by a woman named Linda. | 我曾经被一个琳达的女人伤透了心 |
[14:10] | Charlie, we are having a meeting. | 查理 我们在开会 |
[14:12] | And I’ll bet it was about me. | 我敢打赌一定是在说我 |
[14:15] | -am I right? come on, be honest. -Mandy. | -对吗 拜托 诚实点吧 -曼迪 |
[14:19] | Mandy. I love that song, Mandy. | 曼迪我喜欢那首歌 曼迪 |
[14:25] | Listen, I know I can’t come in here and ask to be forgiven | 我知道我不能在这里请求你们的原谅 |
[14:29] | For some of the stupid things I have said in front of Jake. | 因为我在杰克面前说过的某些愚蠢的话 |
[14:33] | But I do have the right to say I am sorry, don’t l? | 但我有权利说声抱歉 是吧 |
[14:37] | I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[14:41] | -thank you. and you are? -Kathleen. | -谢谢 -你叫什么? -凯思琳 |
[14:46] | Kathleen, a fine lrish name. | 凯思琳 不错的爱尔兰名字 |
[14:49] | Half-lrish, on my mother’s side. | 我一半血统是爱尔兰的 我母亲的 |
[14:52] | -are you and your mom close? -yeah, I guess. | -你和你妈妈关系亲密吗 -是的 |
[14:56] | I envy that, Kathleen. | 凯思琳 我很嫉妒 |
[14:59] | -me and my mom… -okay, Charlie, give it a rest. | -我和我妈妈… -好了 查理 说它干嘛 |
[15:03] | We are not a bunch of sorority girls you can charm with your big,brown eyes. | 我们可不是那些你用棕色大眼睛就能迷倒的联谊会女生 |
[15:06] | And nice smile. | 还有迷人的微笑 |
[15:10] | Thank you, Mandy. | 谢谢你 曼迪 |
[15:12] | Linda, I admit I sometimes relate to women on a very superficial level, | 琳达 我承认我有时候对待女人很肤浅 |
[15:17] | But I think that’s because | 但我想那是因为 在我内心深处 |
[15:19] | Deep down, I have intimacy issues that probably go back to my mom. | 我有来自我母亲的某种亲昵行为的问题 |
[15:24] | My mother crippled me emotionally! | 我的母亲使我的精神受到残害 |
[15:29] | You, too? | 你也是? |
[15:30] | And I am so afraid I’m making the same mistakes with my daughter. | 我很害怕我对我女儿犯同样的错误 |
[15:34] | -you know what… -Ruth. | -你知道吗 -鲁思 |
[15:41] | That’s the same fear I have with Jake, Ruth. | 我也害怕对杰克犯同样的错误 鲁思 |
[15:44] | I’ve clearly made mistakes, but that’s because I’m human. | 我确实犯错了 但那是因为我也是人 |
[15:49] | And after all, what’re we trying to do with our children | 毕竟 除了把我们的孩子养育成人 |
[15:52] | Other than to raise them as humans? | 我们还想对孩子们做什么呢 |
[15:58] | Stop it, Charlie. “our children”? you have no children. | 停 查理 “我们的孩子”? 你可没有孩子 |
[16:01] | That’s true. although I don’t think it’s fair to throw it in my face. | 没错 尽管我觉得你把话说得这么伤人不太公平 |
[16:08] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[16:09] | some of us haven’t been blessed with the little ones the way you have. | 有些人的确不像你们那么幸运能享受天伦之乐 |
[16:13] | That was uncalled for, Judith. | 这话的确有点过了啊 朱蒂丝 |
[16:20] | i’m being real up-front with you about the mistakes I’ve made with Jake. | 对于我对杰克犯的错误 还有我对他的影响 |
[16:25] | How I’ve influenced him. | 我是真心实意的 |
[16:27] | But let’s talk for a minute about how he’s influenced me. | 但是让我们谈谈他是怎么影响我的 |
[16:32] | How this little boy has made me a better man. | 这个小男孩怎么使我变成一个更好的男人 |
[16:40] | Dear god! you are not going to listen to this crap, are you? | 天啊 你们不会听他这些屁话吧 |
[16:43] | No, I will not… | 不 我才不会… |
[16:47] | He’s lying to you. that’s all he does! lie! you’ve got to believe me. | 他在骗你们 那就是他的作风 你们得相信我 |
[16:51] | It’s okay. it’s all right, Judith. we are all here for you. | 行了 没事的 朱蒂丝 我们都是支持你的 |
[17:02] | Okay, who’s ready for a refill? | 来了 谁想要加酒? |
[17:07] | That kid. | 那孩子 |
[17:09] | What are you going to do, huh? | 你还能怎么办呢 |
[17:11] | Charlie, where’s the little girl’s room? | 查理 洗手间在哪里? |
[17:13] | It’s down the hall to the right, and around here we leave the seat up, | 沿着走廊直走 在你的右手边 |
[17:17] | So don’t just drop trou and back in. | 马桶盖是没有盖上的 所以你不要掉进去了 |
[17:20] | -you are terrible! -i’m serious. | -你真坏 -我是说真的 |
[17:22] | I’m not coming in there with the shoehorn. | 我可不会带着鞋拔进去救你的 |
[17:26] | You are getting a little pink there, Kathy. | 你都有点晒伤了 凯西 |
[17:28] | Turn around, I’ll put some more suntan lotion on your back. | 转个身 我再给你后背擦一点防晒霜 |
[17:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:36] | -hi, Alan! -hello. | -嗨 艾伦 -你好 |
[17:37] | -you have a lovely home. -thank you. | -你家真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[17:42] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了? |
[17:44] | A bunch of us came over to have wine in god’s room. why don’t you join us? | 我们来”神的房间”喝酒 你为什么不一起来? |
[17:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:52] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[17:54] | Buffalo gals, won ‘t you come out tonight | *水牛城的女孩们 你们今晚不出来吗* |
[17:57] | Come out tonight, come out tonight | *快出来吧* |
[18:00] | Buffalo gals, won ‘t you come out tonight | *水牛城的女孩们 你们今晚不出来吗* |
[18:03] | And dance by the light of the moon | *在月光下翩翩起舞* |
[18:13] | -hey, dad. -hey, pal! | -嘿 爸爸 -嘿 老兄 |
[18:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:18] | -i want my friends back. -i am sorry, what? | -我想要回我的朋友 -不好意思 你说什么? |
[18:21] | -hey, uncle Charlie. -there he is. | -嘿 查理叔叔 -他来了 |
[18:23] | How you doing, buddy? we missed you around here! | 你过得怎么样 我们在这里很想你 |
[18:25] | -i slept over at Toby’s house. -cool! | -我在托比家里过夜 -不错 |
[18:27] | Jake, honey, go put your stuff in your room. | 杰克 把你的东西放到房间去 |
[18:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:31] | -he’s staying? -okay, here’s the deal. | -他要留下来? -好的 就这样说定了 |
[18:34] | We go back to the original custody arrangement, | 我们恢复原来的监护协议 |
[18:37] | but with one new condition. | 但是有一个新条件 |
[18:38] | What’s that? | 什么新条件? |
[18:39] | Charlie agrees to never, ever, enter my house again. | 查理要答应永远不再踏进我的房子半步 |
[18:44] | Done. | 没问题 |
[18:48] | -you want some wine? -Charlie… | -你想要来点酒吗 -查理… |
[18:51] | Yeah, sure, why not. | 当然 干嘛不呢 |
[18:58] | How? | 你怎么… |
[19:00] | I told you, I am hard to stay mad at. | 我跟你说过 我很难让人家一直生气 |
[19:05] | Anyway, they’re your problem now. | 不管怎么说 她们现在是你的麻烦了 |
[19:08] | I am going to hang with Jake till Tiffany gets here. | 我要去和杰克玩 直到蒂法尼过来 |
[19:26] | What? | 什么? |
[19:27] | You got a normal-sized head. | 你的头大小正常 |
[19:30] | Thanks. I am pretty happy with it. | 谢谢 我对它很满意 |
[19:33] | -i don’t get it. -what don’t you get? | -我不懂 -你不懂什么 |
[19:35] | I heard mom say the reason uncle Charlie gets into so much trouble | 妈妈告诉我 查理叔叔总是惹出麻烦 |
[19:39] | Is because he thinks with his little head. | 是因为他用他的小头想事情 |
[19:45] | It’s not that little. | 也不是那么小 |
[19:48] | -okay, you tell your mother… -Charlie. | -好 你告诉你妈妈… -查理 |
[19:52] | That women are to be honored and respected. | 女人是值得尊重的 |
[19:55] | See, Jake? that’s the big head talking. | 听到没有? 杰克 这就是大头在说话 |
[19:58] | But he only has one head. | 但他只有一个头 |
[20:02] | You want to tell him or should we let him spin for a while? | 你想告诉他真相还是我们让他去猜? |
[20:05] | I’d rather he spin. | 我宁愿让他猜 |
[20:07] | Come on, at least give me a clue. | 拜托 至少给我一点提示 |
[20:11] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:13] | What do men have that women don’t? | 男人有什么是女人没有的? |
[20:16] | Beards. | 胡子 |
[20:18] | -lower. -beards. | -再低一点 -胡子 |
[20:28] | You’re right, let him spin. | 你说得没错 让他乱猜好了 |