时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I don’t know what he did, Charlie. | 我不知道他做了什么 查理 |
[00:03] | The teacher called and told me to come get him. | 老师只是叫我来接他 |
[00:06] | I want it on the record | 我得先报备下 |
[00:07] | that if the kid was running… | 要是他在露天看台下玩21点 |
[00:08] | …a blackjack game under bleachers he didn’t get it from me. | 他不一定跟我学的 |
[00:13] | What? I said, he didn’t. | 怎么了 我说了他不是 |
[00:17] | Well, I can assure you he did not | 我向你保证他这样粗鲁的行为 |
[00:20] | learn that kind of crass behavior from me. | 绝对不是找我学的 |
[00:21] | Maybe I should wait in the hall. | 我还是在走廊等好了 |
[00:23] | Hold on. What is he doing here? | 等下 他来这干吗 |
[00:26] | Well, my car is in the shop, and Charlie was nice enough to give me a ride. | 我的车拿去修了 查理很好心的载我过来 |
[00:29] | No, Charlie was nice enough to call you a cab, but you wouldn’t take it. | 不是 查理好心的帮你打的 但你就是不坐 |
[00:33] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[00:35] | Your son gave his teacher the bird. | 你儿子向老师比中指 |
[00:39] | Okay, I want it on the record | 好了 我得再报备一下 |
[00:41] | that he didn’t necessarily… | 他不一定是… |
[00:43] | Charlie, just leave it alone. What exactly happened? | 查理 让我来和她谈 到底是怎么回事? |
[00:45] | I was writing on the board and he thought I couldn’t see him. | 当时我正在写黑板 他还以为我看不到呢 |
[00:49] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗? |
[00:50] | Yeah, I really thought she couldn’t see. | 是啊 我真的以为她看不到我 |
[00:53] | I’m afraid this kind of behavior is grounds for suspension. | 我很抱歉 这样的行为将会被暂时停学 |
[00:56] | – Maybe we can catch a matinee. – Yeah. | 那我们正好可以去看下午场电影 |
[00:59] | Jake, why did you flip Miss Pasternak off? | 杰克 你中指干吗对着帕斯奈特老师比? |
[01:02] | Excuse me. We don’t end our sentences with prepositions. | 抱歉 一个句子不应该用介词结尾 |
[01:05] | We say, | 而应该说 |
[01:06] | “Why did you flip off Miss Pasternak?” | 你干吗要对帕斯奈特老师比中指? |
[01:11] | I think that answers your question. | 我知道你为什么那样做了 |
[01:16] | Jake, why did you flip off Miss Pasternak? | 杰克 你干吗要对帕斯奈特老师比中指? |
[01:21] | Because she picks on me. | 因为她老找我茬 |
[01:23] | Jake, I don’t treat you | 杰克 我对待你们 |
[01:25] | any differently than any of the other students. | 可是人人平等没有大小眼 |
[01:27] | – Yeah, right. – Shut up. | – 得了吧 – 别说了 |
[01:30] | You know, I’d like to talk to your parents alone. | 好了 我现在想和你家长单独谈谈 |
[01:33] | Come on, Jake. | 走吧 杰克 |
[01:34] | What, I don’t even get to tell my side? | 我还没来得及表明我的立场 |
[01:36] | Buddy, you’re 11. | 老兄 你才11岁 |
[01:38] | You have no side. | 你根本就没什么立场 |
[01:40] | This isn’t my fault. I was provoked. | 不是我的错 是她先挑衅我 |
[01:42] | You were provoked? | 她挑衅你? |
[01:43] | Yeah, it means… | 是的 挑衅的意思是… |
[01:45] | I know what it means. | 我当然知道是什么意思 |
[01:47] | And it doesn’t matter. What you need to do now is apologize. | 这不重要 你现在要做的就是道歉 |
[01:50] | But I’m not sorry. | 但我并不觉得内疚 |
[01:52] | You don’t have to be sorry. | 你没有必要觉得内疚 |
[01:53] | Just say it and look it. | 只要道歉就好 |
[01:55] | You’ve got those big, cute kid eyes. | 看看你那双水汪汪的大眼睛 |
[01:57] | Use them. | 用上他们 |
[01:58] | – That would be lying. – That’s your line in the sand? | 那就是在说谎 现在就是说谎的时候 |
[02:02] | You muttonhead, you just flipped off your teacher. | 你这个猪头 谁让你向老师比中指 |
[02:05] | – Yeah, but I was being honest. – And look where it got you. | 我是实话实说 那看看你现在的处境吧 |
[02:13] | I think I just lost my innocence. | 看来我已经不再清纯了 |
[02:16] | He’s really a very well-behaved boy… | 他一向都很听话 |
[02:19] | …but he has had some problems dealing with our separation. | 只是受我们离婚的影响 |
[02:22] | That’s true. | 你说的对 |
[02:23] | Although it wasn’t so much a separation as a kicking out. | 尽管那不像 被”扫地出门”之类的离婚 |
[02:28] | I sympathize, but if I gave special consideration to every child… | 我同情你们 但要我照顾每个单亲小孩 |
[02:31] | …whose parents are going through divorce, I’d be getting the finger all day. | 那每天都会有人向我比中指了 |
[02:35] | We’re not saying he shouldn’t be punished. | 我们不是说不要惩罚他 |
[02:38] | He certainly should. | 他当然应该受惩罚 |
[02:39] | But just let us try to handle it. | 我们只是说让我们来处罚他 |
[02:40] | By “us” he means me. I always have to be the bad guy. | 他说的我们通常是我 我总是演那个坏人 |
[02:43] | You’re better at it than me. | 因为你比”在下”更适合演坏人 |
[02:48] | Than I. | 比”我”? (me/I主格宾格) |
[02:51] | You are such an ass. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[02:53] | – Can we have a moment, please? – I think that’d be a good idea. | – 能让我们单独聊会吗? – 好主意 |
[02:57] | And it’s, “May we have a moment, please?” | 但应该说 允许我们单独聊会吗? |
[03:02] | Stop it. | 别冲动 |
[03:04] | Miss Pasternak. I’m sorry, we haven’t officially met. | 帕斯奈特老师 我还没有正式介绍我自己 |
[03:07] | – I’m Jake’s uncle, Charlie. – Hello. | – 我是杰克的叔叔 查理 – 你好 |
[03:09] | And I am really sorry. This may not be my place… | 而且我很抱歉 可能我不该说这个 |
[03:13] | …and if it’s not, I am really sorry… | 可我真的很抱歉 |
[03:15] | …but Jake has something he wants to say. | 但是杰克有话要对你说 |
[03:17] | I am really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[03:25] | – And I’m really sorry too. – Why are you sorry? | – 我也真的很抱歉 – 你抱歉什么? |
[03:28] | The kid may have gotten the rude gesture from me. | 可能是我没有注意到孩子在周围 |
[03:31] | I’m not used to being around children and, well, I am really sorry. | 对他做了些错误示范 我真的很抱歉 |
[03:43] | Well, thank you. I appreciate it, | 谢谢 我很欣赏 |
[03:45] | but it doesn’t change what Jake did. | 但这也改变不了杰克的所作所为 |
[03:48] | You’re right. You’re absolutely right. | 你说的对 你说的太对了 |
[03:50] | Jake, go to the vending machine… | 杰克 你去自动贩卖机给老师 |
[03:52] | …and get Miss Pasternak a peach Snapple and a bag of Skittles. | 买瓶思拿多水蜜桃果汁 和一包彩虹糖 |
[03:59] | It is Miss Pasternak, right? | 该称为帕斯奈特小姐 对吧? |
[04:33] | Now, this one’s called “Read Between the Lines.” | 这个手势叫做”体会字里行间” |
[04:39] | You’re giving the finger, but you’ve got plausible deniability. | 你竖起了你的中指 但是可以随时否定 |
[04:43] | Cool. Like the Itchy Eye. | 就像”挠眼睛”一样 (还是用中指) |
[04:46] | Exactly. Now, this one’s called “the Slow Crank.” | 没错 这个叫”慢慢搞” |
[04:50] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[04:56] | As you can see, it’s effective but lacks deniability. | 你看到了 这个很有效不过很容易被看穿 |
[05:00] | Dad, check it out. Balloon Finger. | 老爸 看 “掌中吹萧” |
[05:02] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[05:04] | Do we need to be teaching him more ways to flip people off? | 我们真的需要 让孩子学会更多招式骂人吗? |
[05:07] | Flip off people. | 骂人招式 (介词不后置) |
[05:12] | Charlie, do you realize | 查理 你知道他今天 |
[05:13] | how close he came to being suspended today? | 差一点就被暂时停学了吗 |
[05:15] | – I do. – And do you understand… | 我知道 |
[05:17] | …how lucky we are | 那你知道我们有多走运吗 |
[05:18] | Miss Pasternak decided to give him a chance? | 帕斯奈特老师 答应再给我们一次机会 |
[05:20] | Lucky? Sure, why not. Let’s call it luck. | 走运? 好吧 就算是运气好吧 |
[05:23] | What does that mean? | 你这话什么意思? |
[05:25] | It means I’m too modest to call it skill. | 我意思是这是门技巧 而我又太谦虚了 |
[05:30] | – Hey, Dad. – What? | 老爸 干吗? |
[05:32] | How come only one finger is the bad finger? | 为什么只有竖中指是不好的? |
[05:34] | I don’t know, Jake. | 我也不知道 杰克 |
[05:36] | This one’s okay, right? | 竖这根可以吧? |
[05:39] | Right. | 可以 |
[05:41] | – Dad. – What? | – 爸 – 干吗 |
[05:43] | Anything? | 这个呢? |
[05:47] | No. | 没问题 |
[05:50] | I don’t get it. Who decides? | 搞不懂 谁规定的啊? |
[06:09] | Uncle Charlie, I had a weird dream. | 查理叔叔 我做了个怪梦 |
[06:14] | And it’s getting weirder. | 现在更诡异了 |
[06:17] | Hey, buddy. Why aren’t you asleep? | 老兄 你干吗不去睡觉? |
[06:20] | I’m hoping I am. | 我希望自己已经睡着了 |
[06:23] | Hello, Jake. | 你好啊 杰克 |
[06:25] | Hello, Miss Pasternak. | 你好 帕斯奈特老师 |
[06:30] | Listen, buddy, Miss Pasternak and I are kind of having a sleepover. | 听着 老兄 帕斯奈特老师今晚在这借宿 |
[06:33] | Because we’re like, you know, friends. | 你知道… 像朋友那样的 |
[06:38] | No way. | 不可能 |
[06:41] | Jake, I’m only your teacher from 8: 15 to 3:00. | 杰克 上课的时候我是你的老师 |
[06:45] | After that I’m just a person like anybody else. | 下了课 我就和其他人没两样了 |
[06:49] | This is more wrong than the time I saw Santa peeing at the mall. | 这比上次看见 圣诞老人在商场小便更不道德 |
[06:54] | Okay, why don’t we wrap up this after-school special | 好了 我们为何不结束这课外节目 |
[06:57] | and call it a night. | 先上床睡觉 |
[06:58] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 杰克 |
[07:00] | This won’t change anything between us at school. | 这并不会改变我们在学校的关系 |
[07:02] | So you’re still gonna be mean to me? | 那你还要对我很刻薄? |
[07:05] | That’s right. Same old junkyard dog. | 没错了 还是个老怨妇 |
[07:07] | Come on, buddy. Get some sleep. | 好了 老兄去睡觉吧 |
[07:09] | Oh, yeah. Like I’m gonna sleep now. | 好吧 好像我现在很想睡似的 |
[07:13] | – Do you think he’ll be okay? – Sure. | – 你认为他会没事吗? – 当然了 |
[07:15] | He’s just not used to seeing his teacher out of the classroom. | 他只是不太习惯下课看到老师 |
[07:18] | And her pants. | 还有她的小裤裤 |
[07:20] | I’ll talk to him in the morning and make sure he’s okay… | 别担心 明早我和他聊聊就没事了 |
[07:23] | …and that he keeps this to himself. – Thank you, Charlie. | – 并让他保守秘密 – 谢谢 查理 |
[07:30] | Oh, Miss Pasternak. | 帕斯奈特老师 |
[07:33] | Why do you never call me by my first name? | 你为什么从来不直接叫我名字? |
[07:35] | I don’t know. This just seems way hotter. | 不知道 这样叫觉得刺激多了 |
[07:40] | – Charlie? – Yes, Miss Pasternak. | – 查理 – 什么事 帕斯奈特老师? |
[07:44] | Do you think Jake believes we’re just friends? | 你认为杰克会相信我们只是朋友吗? |
[07:47] | Why not? We are, right? | 为什么不呢 我们是的 对吧? |
[07:49] | I mean, once I get to know you better | 等我更”了解”你以后 |
[07:51] | I’m pretty sure I’d consider you a friend. | 我很确定我会当你是我朋友的 |
[07:54] | Charlie, we both know there’s much more than friendship… | 查理 我们都知道我们不只是朋友 |
[07:57] | …going on between you and me. | 我们不只是朋友 |
[07:59] | Much more? | 不只? 怎么个不只法? |
[08:01] | How much more? | 怎么个不只法? |
[08:02] | Well, I know this is pretty quick | 我觉得这一切都太快了 |
[08:04] | and I don’t wanna use the L word… | 我不想用那个L开头的词来形容 |
[08:06] | Good. Thank you. … | 太好了 谢谢 |
[08:08] | but this feels an awful lot like love. | 这感觉绝对是爱情(Love) |
[08:12] | I’m sorry, which L word didn’t you want to use? | 抱歉 你刚才说不想用哪个L开头的词? |
[08:17] | Oh, Charlie. Come on. | 查理 来吧 |
[08:19] | Let’s go to sleep. | 我们去睡觉 |
[08:21] | Yeah. Like I’m gonna sleep now. | 好吧 好像我现在很想睡似的 |
[08:31] | – Morning. What are you doing? – Morning. | – 早上好 在做什么? – 早上好 |
[08:35] | Making my world-famous huevos rancheros | 为我弟弟和侄子做 |
[08:36] | for my brother and nephew. | 我举世闻名的火腿煎蛋早餐 |
[08:38] | No kidding. What stupid thing did you do you’re trying to make up for? | 不会吧 你又想掩饰你做的什么傻事? |
[08:43] | Why do you always just assume that…? | 你为什么总是断定别人… |
[08:47] | I slept with Jake’s teacher. | 我和杰克的老师上床了 |
[08:50] | Oh, Charlie, did you learn nothing from | 查理 你就没从上次童子军女训导的惨败中 |
[08:53] | the den-mother fiasco? | 学到点什么吗? |
[08:54] | It gets worse. The kid found out. | 更糟糕的是 被那小子发现了 |
[08:57] | – What about your brother? – He doesn’t know yet. | – 你弟弟呢? – 他还不知道 |
[09:01] | Oh, hey, you made breakfast. What’s the occasion? | 你做早餐了 今天什么特别日子? |
[09:04] | No occasion. Just trying to help out. | 没什么特别日子 只是想帮点忙 |
[09:06] | Well, thank you. I really appreciate it. Good morning, Berta. | 非常感谢 早上好 波塔 |
[09:09] | Morning, you goofy, clueless bastard. | 早上好 你这个可笑的反应迟钝的笨蛋 |
[09:16] | Nice to see her in a pleasant mood for a change. | 真高兴看见她愉悦地换新招骂人了 |
[09:18] | Yeah. Sit down. | 是啊 坐下 |
[09:22] | Have some huevos. | 吃点煎蛋 |
[09:27] | – Fresh-squeezed orange juice. – You squeezed this? | – 还有鲜榨橙汁 – 你榨的吗 |
[09:30] | No, it says it on the can. | 不 包装上是这么说的 |
[09:34] | Okay, what stupid thing did you do? | 够了 你又做了什么傻事? |
[09:38] | Well, funny thing… | 其实… |
[09:46] | I slept with Miss Pasternak. | 很可笑 我…和帕斯奈特老师上床了 |
[09:50] | Charlie, what were you thinking? | 查理 你到底在想什么? |
[09:52] | What if Jake finds out? | 要是杰克发现了怎么办? |
[09:54] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[09:57] | Oh, no! Oh, no! How? | 不 哦不 怎么发现的? |
[10:01] | He woke up in the middle of the night… | 他半夜起床 然后… |
[10:03] | You brought her here? | 你把她带这来了? |
[10:04] | Did you learn nothing | 你没从上次童子军女训导事件中 |
[10:06] | from the den-mother fiasco? | 学到点什么吗? |
[10:08] | – Hey, I kept him from getting suspended. – Oh, that’s how? | 我让他不被暂时停学了 原来是这样 |
[10:11] | You’re welcome. – Are you crazy? | 别客气 你疯了吗? |
[10:15] | No, but I have a sneaking suspicion Miss Pasternak may be. | 我没有 但是我想 帕斯奈特老师倒有可能 |
[10:18] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那又是什么意思? |
[10:20] | Don’t worry, I’ll deal with it. | 别担心 我来处理 |
[10:22] | Oh, that makes me feel much better. | 这让我好受多了 |
[10:24] | So how did Jake take it? | 那杰克的反应怎么样? |
[10:25] | Did he freak out? | 他有没有被吓坏了? |
[10:26] | Not as much as you. | 至少没像你这样 |
[10:29] | – Morning. – See? He’s fine. | – 早上好 – 看到了吧 他没事 |
[10:32] | Jake, do you wanna talk about what you saw last night… | 杰克 你想不想聊聊昨晚看到 |
[10:36] | …with Uncle Charlie and Miss Pasternak? | 查理叔叔和 帕斯奈特老师在一起的事? |
[10:38] | Oh, God. That really happened? | 我的天啊 那是真的? |
[10:45] | Good, Alan. Way to go. | 好的 艾伦 恭喜你了 |
[10:48] | Dad, can I be homeschooled? | 老爸 我能不能接受”在家教育”? |
[10:52] | Listen, Jake. Don’t worry. | 听着 杰克 别担心 |
[10:55] | You go to school, don’t say anything to anybody. | 你还是去上学 不要对任何人说这事 |
[10:57] | I’ll tell her I can’t see her anymore | 我去和她分手 |
[10:59] | and we’ll forget this happened. | 我们都当作什么也没发生过 |
[11:01] | Man, it’s like Cub Scouts all over again. | 好吧 就像上次童子军事件重演了 |
[11:09] | I hope you saved room for dessert. | 希望你还留着肚子吃甜点 |
[11:12] | I saved room for you. | 我已经为你准备好了 |
[11:16] | You sure? Because I’m just empty calories. | 你确定吗? 因为我没什么能量了 |
[11:20] | How about a nice fruit cup? | 再来杯什锦水果怎么样? |
[11:22] | Two fruit cups, please. | 两杯什锦水果 |
[11:25] | Listen, Delores. We need to talk. | 听着 杜洛丝 我们得谈谈 |
[11:28] | Oh, call me Miss Pasternak. | 叫我帕斯奈特老师 |
[11:32] | No, let’s keep this friendly. | 不 我们还是做个朋友间的谈话吧 |
[11:35] | Dolores, you’re a terrific woman | 杜洛丝 你是个非常棒的女人 |
[11:37] | and I’ve enjoyed being with you very much… | 我很享受和你在一起的时光 |
[11:40] | …but I know deep in my heart that you can do so much better than me. | 但我内心深处告诉我 我配不上你 |
[11:45] | – Okay. I understand. – Good. Thank you. | – 好的 我明白 – 那好 谢谢你 |
[11:49] | You’re insecure. But don’t worry. I am not going to abandon you. | 你没有安全感 但别担心 我不会抛弃你的 |
[11:55] | No, no, no, that’s not what I’m worried about. | 不不 那不是我所担心的 |
[11:59] | See, Delores… | 瞧 杜洛丝 |
[12:03] | I’m a bad man. | 我是个大坏蛋 |
[12:06] | I’m a player. | 我是个情场浪子 |
[12:07] | I go from woman to woman and then… | 我不停地换女人 一个接一个 然后… |
[12:10] | Charlie, that’s the past. | 嘘 查理 那都是过去了 |
[12:13] | I’m not going to give up on us, and you wanna know why? | 我不会放弃的 想知道为什么吗? |
[12:15] | Why? | 为什么? |
[12:17] | Because somebody told me that we belong together. | 因为有人告诉我 我们是属于彼此的 |
[12:22] | Really? It can’t be somebody who knows me. | 是吗 不会是认识我的人说的吧? |
[12:25] | Oh, he knows you very well. | 他很了解你 |
[12:27] | And he loves you even more than I do. | 他甚至比我更爱你 |
[12:33] | Our union has been ordained, Charlie. | 我们在一起是命中注定的 |
[12:37] | What? Come again? | 什么? 再说一遍? |
[12:40] | After we fornicated… | 在我们通奸之后… |
[12:44] | …I prayed for forgiveness and I was told not to worry about it. | 我祈祷主的宽恕 但他告诉我别担心 |
[12:51] | By the same guy? | 还是那个人? |
[12:53] | There’s only one guy, Charlie. | 只有一个人 查理 |
[12:55] | And his loving hand has been guiding me ever | 自从我放弃在里诺城跳钢管舞 |
[12:56] | since I quit pole dancing in Reno. | 他那仁慈的双手一直为我指路 |
[12:58] | No kidding. Which club? | 开玩笑 哪家俱乐部? |
[13:01] | Did you dress like a schoolteacher? | 你是不是打扮成一个老师? |
[13:04] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[13:05] | What matters is the same hand that delivered me… | 重要的是 那双指引我脱离堕落的手 |
[13:08] | …from my life of degradation has brought me to you. | 最终把我带到你身边 |
[13:11] | For what? More degradation? | 来干吗? 来更加堕落? |
[13:13] | No. To help you become a better man. To achieve your potential. | 不 来帮助你成为更完美的人 |
[13:17] | Now sit up straight and eat your fruit. | 开发你的潜能 现在给我坐直了吃水果杯 |
[13:21] | – All right. – All right, what? | – 好的 好的 还有呢? |
[13:27] | All right, Miss Pasternak. | 好吧 帕斯奈特老师 |
[13:35] | Hey, Charlie. Guess who. | 查理 猜猜我是谁 |
[13:37] | I know we didn ‘t make plans for tonight | 我知道我们今晚没安排 |
[13:39] | but we really should get together… | 但是我们真应该多在一起讨论下 |
[13:41] | … and talk more about this path we are on and where it’s heading. | 我们眼前的道路以及将来的打算 |
[13:44] | We know where it’s heading but it would mean a lot to me… | 我是说 我们都清楚未来是怎样 |
[13:48] | … to hear the words come out of your mouth. | 但听你亲口说出来对我意义更大 |
[13:50] | Your beautiful, blessed mouth. | 用你那美丽的给人快乐的小嘴巴 |
[13:54] | Call me, sweetheart. | 给我回电话 亲爱的 |
[13:56] | Boy, it’s weird being on the other side of one of these calls. | 哥们 在电话这头听 这种留言还挺郁闷的 |
[14:01] | I can imagine. Well? | 可以理解 咋办? |
[14:04] | – Professional opinion? – Please. | – 要专业意见吗? – 求你了 |
[14:06] | Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. | 人人都爱可可泡芙 (可可泡芙的广告词) |
[14:09] | Yeah, I thought so. | 我也这么想 |
[14:11] | I mean, she barely knows you. | 我意思是 她几乎不了解你 |
[14:14] | Where does she get off being so forward? | 怎么就这么直接了 |
[14:18] | Rose, we had one night together | 罗斯 我们就睡了一晚 |
[14:20] | and you handcuffed yourself to my refrigerator. | 你就自己拷在我家冰箱 赖着不肯走了 |
[14:24] | That was different. We were meant to be together. | 那不一样 我们是注定要在一起的 |
[14:28] | Okay, I was gonna ask you the best way to end this… | 我本来想问问你 结束这个的最好办法 |
[14:31] | …but I realize now that breakups | 但我发现说”分手” |
[14:33] | may be outside your area of expertise. | 对你而言也许太强人所难了 |
[14:36] | Yeah. I do mate for life. | 是啊 我苦苦寻觅我的伴侣 |
[14:39] | I’m like a penguin that way. | 我喜欢像企鹅那样(一夫一妻) |
[14:42] | Plus, I like to slide across the ice on my belly. | 而且我喜欢用肚子在冰上划来划去 |
[14:49] | Uncle Charlie, guess what happened with Miss Pasternak today. | 查理叔叔 猜猜帕斯奈特老师今天怎么了 |
[14:53] | I’m just about to break up with her. | 我现在就打电话和她分手 |
[14:55] | Oh, no, don’t, don’t. | 不 不要 |
[14:56] | – Why not? – Look at this. | – 为什么不? – 看看这个吧 |
[15:02] | Hey, you got an A in history. | 你历史得了个A |
[15:04] | – Way to go, Jake. – Look at his answers. | – 恭喜你 杰克 – 看看他的答案 |
[15:08] | “Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation | 亚伯拉罕林肯在哪里签署了《解放黑奴宣言》 |
[15:12] | in pen.” | “在他刚笔下” |
[15:15] | For this he got an A? | 这样就得到个A了? |
[15:17] | Everybody got an A. She was, like, happy all day. | 每个人都得了A 她整天都笑呵呵的 |
[15:19] | She even gave me back my fake dog poop. | 她甚至把那个假狗便便还给我了 |
[15:23] | Charlie, I gave you this poop. | 查理 那个便便是我给你的 |
[15:27] | You broke into my house and left it on my pillow. | 是你闯进我房间 然后放在我枕头上 |
[15:30] | Still, you regifted. | 但你还是转送给别人了 |
[15:33] | And I thought you were a classy guy. | 我还以为你是个有风度的人呢 |
[15:50] | Jake, why don’t you go to your room and do your homework. | 杰克 你干吗不回屋做作业? |
[15:53] | She didn’t give us any. First time ever. | 她历史上第一次没布置作业 |
[15:55] | I love you, Uncle Charlie. | 查理叔叔 我爱你 |
[15:58] | – Oh, man. – Yeah. | – 我的天 – 是啊 |
[16:00] | Yeah, I think you know what you have to do. | 是的 我想你该知道怎么做了吧 |
[16:04] | Break up with Miss Pasternak, right? | 和帕斯奈特老师分手 |
[16:06] | Hell, no. He’s getting A’s. | 那不行 杰克得到A了 |
[16:10] | He hasn’t gotten an A since naptime in kindergarten. | 从幼儿园开始午睡以后 他就没得到过A |
[16:14] | But he’s not learning anything. | 但他什么也学不到 |
[16:16] | Charlie, get your priorities straight. | 查理 事分先后缓急 |
[16:17] | I’m trying to get him into a decent middle school. | 我正努力给他找一所好初中呢 |
[16:20] | After he’s accepted he can learn that Sacajawea… | 他被录取后就会学到萨卡加维亚不是 |
[16:23] | …wasn’t “a bag full of jawea.” | 一袋子jawea |
[16:33] | – Ready for dinner? – Charlie! | – 准备好去吃晚饭了吗 – 查理 |
[16:36] | It’s so good to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[16:40] | It’s okay to see you too. | 见到你也很高兴 |
[16:46] | – Charlie. – What? | – 查理 – 怎么了? |
[16:48] | – Gum. – Oh, sorry. | – 口香糖 – 啊 对不起 |
[16:54] | What a great day I had. | 多棒的一天啊 |
[16:56] | All the kids were so well-behaved. Even Jake. | 所有的孩子都很乖 甚至杰克也很听话 |
[16:59] | – That’s nice. – Can I tell you a little secret? | – 那很好啊 – 我告诉你个小秘密 |
[17:02] | I never really cared for Jake. | 其实我从来没有关心过杰克 |
[17:06] | But you said you treated him like all the other kids. | 可是你说你会一视同仁 |
[17:09] | Well, you have to say that. | 话是得那么说 |
[17:12] | So where are we going to dinner? | 那么 我们去哪吃晚饭? |
[17:15] | I hadn’t really decided. | 我还没有决定 |
[17:17] | You came unprepared? | 你没准备好就来了? |
[17:19] | Charlie, you have so much potential | 查理 你有这么多的潜能 |
[17:22] | if only you’d apply yourself. | 你不挖掘就全浪费了 |
[17:24] | All right, I gotta tell you. | 好吧 我得告诉你 |
[17:27] | My weirdness bar for chicks is pretty high… | 我对女人刁蛮的忍耐度是很高的 |
[17:33] | …but you are clearing it in street shoes. | 但你的平底鞋已经打破极限了 |
[17:38] | You’re mad at me. | 你要抛弃我了 |
[17:40] | – No, no. – Yes, you are. | – 不 不 – 是的 你就是 |
[17:42] | No, no. Not… Not mad. | 不 不要生气 |
[17:44] | Then what’s your problem? | 那你到底哪根筋不对劲 |
[17:49] | Nothing. Forget it. | 没什么 算了 |
[17:51] | Let’s just have a nice evening. | 我们好好享受这美妙的夜晚吧 |
[17:52] | Oh, Charlie, that is so sweet. | 查理 你真体贴 |
[17:54] | Let’s never fight again. | 我们再也不要吵架了 |
[17:58] | Oh, no. I hate it. | 当然不会了 我讨厌吵架 |
[18:02] | Hey, can I use the restroom? | 能让我上厕所吗? |
[18:05] | May I use the restroom? | 应该说 允许我上厕所吗? |
[18:08] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[18:11] | – May I? – You’re excused. | – 允许吗? – 批准了 |
[18:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:18] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[18:43] | Look, I’m really sorry | 听着 我非常抱歉 |
[18:45] | it didn’t work out with Miss Pasternak. | 和帕斯奈特老师没能在一起 |
[18:49] | You gotta know, I went the extra mile to make her happy. | 你们得知道为了取悦她我付出多少 |
[18:52] | Alan, you know what that means, | 艾伦 你知道那是什么意思 |
[18:55] | and Jake, you’ll understand someday. | 杰克 你以后会知道的 |
[18:59] | Oh, come on, guys. I said I’m sorry. | 得了吧 伙计们 我都说了对不起了 |
[19:09] | Okay, she’s being really unfair with all this homework. | 她给你布置这么多作业 真是太不公平了 |
[19:12] | You know what I’ll do? I’m gonna complain to the principal. | 知道我要怎么办吗? 我要向校长投诉 |
[19:15] | Maybe you should date the principal. | 或者你干脆和校长约会算了 |
[19:17] | Very funny. | 很幽默 |
[19:19] | Is that an option? | 可以选那个吗? |
[19:23] | Because I would if it would get me out of writing 2500 words… | 我宁可选那个也不要写2500字的 |
[19:27] | …on The Red Badge of Courage. | 《红色英勇勋章》读后感 |
[19:34] | Man, book reports suck. | 我的天 读后感真垃圾 |
[19:39] | – Dad. – Yeah? | – 老爸 – 什么事? |
[19:41] | Please keep him away from my karate teacher. | 请不要让他接近我的空手道老师 |