时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Hey, Alan? | 艾伦? |
[00:21] | You had the “just say no” talk with Jake, right? | 你刚才说不跟杰克说话 对吧? |
[00:25] | Of course. Why? What talk did you have with him? | 当然了 怎么这么问? 你和他有什么话题可聊吗? |
[00:30] | No talk, it’s just that he’s… | 没有 只是他… |
[00:33] | It’ll be more fun if you see it. | 算了 你亲自来看会比较好玩 |
[00:37] | I’m guessing you don’t mean fun for me. | 我猜不是对我而言好玩 |
[00:45] | Tell the truth. How proud do you feel at this moment? | 告诉他 你此时此刻多么自豪 |
[00:51] | What the hell is he doing? | 他到底在干嘛? |
[00:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:55] | Ten bucks says he hits the ceiling if we turn on the garbage disposal. | 赌10块钱要是我把水槽搅拌机打开 他头会飞上天花板 |
[01:01] | -Jake, what are you doing? -Breathing. | -杰克 你在干什么 -练习呼吸 |
[01:04] | Breathing. Any particular reason you’re doing that in the sink? | 练习呼吸? 干吗非得在水槽里练? |
[01:08] | I have to practice. | 因为 必须 |
[01:10] | Man, the girls are gonna love him when he grows up. | 伙计 这小伙长大后肯定很多姑娘爱 |
[01:16] | -Jake? -Yes? | -杰克? -什么? |
[01:19] | -I’ll bring him up. -Yeah. | -我来拉他起来 |
[01:25] | Hey, that’s not funny. I could have drowned. | 嘿 这不是开玩笑的 我可能会被淹死的 |
[01:28] | And then we’d have found your body days later, washed up on the dish rack. | 是啊 过几天他们就会发现 你的尸体已经飘到了杜什雷尔 |
[01:33] | -Where did you get all this snorkel stuff? -Greg bought it for me. | -你哪儿得到的这些潜水用的东西的? -葛雷给我的 |
[01:37] | -Greg? -Yeah, you know, Dr. Melnick… | -葛雷? -梅尔尼克医生 |
[01:39] | …Mom’s boyfriend. He’s a real cool guy. | 妈妈的男友 他真的很酷 |
[01:41] | He’s gonna teach me how to scuba-dive after I learn to snorkel. | 我学会后他就会带我潜水了 |
[01:45] | We’re gonna need a bigger sink. | 我们得买个大点的水槽了 |
[01:48] | He’s got a gigantic boat with bedrooms on it, and scuba tanks and wet suits. | 他有一个带卧室的游艇 里面还有大型水箱和潜水衣 |
[01:53] | We’re gonna go diving off Catalina. Wait till you see the flippers he bought me. | 我们将去卡塔尼亚潜水 等着 我去拿潜水脚蹼给你们看 |
[01:58] | Well, Judith’s boyfriend sounds like quite a guy. | 朱蒂丝的男友听起来像成功人士 |
[02:01] | -Yeah. -You okay with that? | -是啊 -你还好吧? |
[02:04] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, I’m fine. | 当然 我还好 |
[02:06] | This can be a sensitive area for divorced guys. | 这可是离婚男人的伤心处 |
[02:08] | -I know. -Ex-wife sleeping with another man. | -我知道 -前妻跟了别人睡 |
[02:11] | -Son starting to bond with him. -Yeah. Yeah. | -儿子跟着别人混 -是啊 |
[02:14] | -Big boat. -Charlie, what’s your freaking point here? | -豪华游艇… -查理 你到底想说什么 |
[02:19] | No point. Just drilling for the nerve. | 没什么 就想挑战下你的神经 |
[02:54] | So, what do you think? You wanna go bowling today? Maybe catch a movie? | 所以你怎么想的? 我们去玩保龄球怎么样或去看场电影? |
[02:58] | No, I’m gonna take another bath. | 不 我再去洗个澡 |
[03:09] | He does know there’s an ocean out there, right? | 他知道外面就是海 对吧? |
[03:11] | Well, Greg doesn’t want him in the ocean. | 葛雷不想去海里 |
[03:15] | He wants him to spend time training in a pool. | 他想先在游泳池里教他 |
[03:17] | In fact, my son’s a little unhappy about being here… | 实际上 我儿子对于 这周要呆在这感到不爽 |
[03:20] | …because he wanted to go snorkeling in Greg’s pool. | 因为他想去 葛雷的游泳池里练潜水 |
[03:24] | He’s got a boat and a pool? | 他有游艇还有游戏池? |
[03:27] | I guess you can afford cool stuff… | 老天 我估计你想要买那些玩意 |
[03:29] | …when you don’t have to sell your blood and sperm to make alimony payments. | 除了卖血捐精还得做鸭 |
[03:33] | Hey, hey, my relationship with my son is not based on having cool stuff. | 我和我儿子的关系 可不是在建立在物质基础上的 |
[03:37] | And lucky for you. | 你真走运 |
[03:40] | -Come on, look at the bright side. -What bright side, Charlie? | -好了 你应该多看看好的一面 -好的一面? 查理 |
[03:43] | Delineate the bright side. | 说说看哪有好的一面 |
[03:44] | Maybe one weekend Greg will let us take a couple of chicks out on the boat. | 也许葛雷哪天能同意 让我们带几个妞上船 |
[03:50] | Why on earth would he lend us his boat? | 他为什么会让我们上船? |
[03:52] | He’s tight with Jake, we’re tight with Jake. We’ve got an in. | 他和杰克关系好 我们也和杰克关系好 所以我们和他关系好 |
[03:56] | Are you not hearing my pain? | 你倒底有没有感受到我的痛苦 |
[03:58] | My son likes Judith’s boyfriend better than me. | 我儿子更喜欢朱蒂丝的男友而不是我 |
[04:00] | Hey, I don’t even know him and I like him better than you. | 你可能还不知道我也更喜欢他 |
[04:04] | You’d think I’d learn. | 真给我上了一课 |
[04:06] | Alan. Alan, your son loves you. You’re a big influence on him. | 艾伦 艾伦 你儿子很爱你 你对他的影响很大 |
[04:11] | -You are the most important role model. -Oh, I guess. | -你是他有生以来最好的榜样 -我想是吧 |
[04:15] | I mean, so what if you can’t teach him to scuba-dive. | 你不能教他潜水又怎样 |
[04:18] | For that matter, you can’t teach him to ski… | 这并不意味着你就不能教他 |
[04:20] | …or hit a curve ball or anything cool, really. | 滑雪曲棍球之类的很酷的运动 对吧 |
[04:24] | But you bring plenty of other things to the table. | 但是你功课辅导得不错 |
[04:32] | Thank you, God. | 感谢上帝 |
[04:37] | -Hello, Charlie. -Always a price, isn’t there? | -好啊 查理 -他总是给我惊喜啊 |
[04:42] | -Hello, Alan. -Jake’s taking a bath. | -好啊 艾伦 -如果你想见杰克 可能还得等会 他在洗澡 |
[04:45] | As much as I’d love to spend time with my grandson, I’m in a hurry. | 虽然很想见见我的乖孙 但我现在有点急 |
[04:49] | Need to borrow your Mercedes. | 查理 我得借用下你的奔驰 |
[04:50] | Well, since you’re in a hurry, I’ll give you a quick answer. No. | 既然你很急 我可以马上告诉你 没门 |
[04:54] | Charlie, please. I’m showing a house in half an hour. | 查理 别这样 半小时后我要带人去看房子 |
[04:57] | What’s wrong with that little electric car you bought? | 你的那个电力车有问题? |
[05:00] | Nothing, it’s fine. It’s what anybody who cares about this planet is driving. | 没啥 非常时髦 关心地球的人都开这车 |
[05:04] | If you’re trying to sell real estate to a Saudi oil prince… | 但是如果你要卖房子 给沙特石油王子 |
[05:07] | …you can’t be driving up in some little toy car with a plug in the bumper. | 怎么能开个不耗油的电力车 |
[05:13] | You could use my car, Mom. | 你可以用我的车 妈 |
[05:15] | You see? Now, that is how a loving son treats his mother. | 你瞧 这才是孝顺儿子该做的 |
[05:19] | Thank you, sweetheart, but I need to look successful. | 谢谢你 心肝 但是我希望看上去像成功人士 |
[05:25] | -Charlie, your Mercedes. -No, forget it. | -查理 你的奔驰 -不 你别想了 |
[05:28] | -Charlie, I am not leaving until you give… -Happy motoring. | -查理 我会一直呆在这直到… -一路顺风 |
[05:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:34] | My car is in your driveway. | 我的车停在你的车道上 |
[05:39] | And if you lose power, there’s a kite and a key in the trunk. | 另外 如果没电了 后车箱里有风筝和钥匙 |
[05:52] | For the record, there are other ways of measuring success besides cars. | 其实除了车以外 还有其他衡量成功的东西 |
[05:55] | You’re right. There’s boats and pools. | 说得对 还有游艇和游泳池 |
[05:59] | You know what? I hope Mom puts a dent in your big, shiny, new Mercedes. | 你知道吗? 我希望老妈给你 亮晶晶的奔驰上撞个坑 |
[06:03] | Hey, don’t say that. | 别这样说 |
[06:05] | If you’re gonna hope for something, hope she drives it off a cliff. | 如果你非要盼点啥 就该希望她飞车坠崖 |
[06:14] | So this is pretty cool, huh, Jake? An electric car. | 很酷吧 杰克 电力车 |
[06:18] | I guess. What happens when the batteries run out? | 我想是吧 但是电池没电了怎么办 |
[06:21] | You plug it in and recharge it. | 你插入电源就可以给它充电了 |
[06:24] | But what if there’s a blackout? | 要是停电了怎么办? |
[06:26] | You sit in the back seat with a pistol… | 那你就坐在黑暗中 装好子弹 |
[06:28] | …and wait for the looters, just like any other car. | 跟其他司机一样等着被抢吧 |
[06:32] | -Charlie. -It’s a cool car, Jake. | -查理 -这是部好车 杰克 |
[06:36] | Greg has a really cool car. He has a Hummer. | 葛雷的车才是好车 他有部悍马 |
[06:39] | You know, your Uncle Charlie’s no stranger to Hummers. | 你要知道 你查理叔叔对”悍马”也不陌生 |
[06:43] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[06:45] | That’s a cool car too, Jake. | 那可真是匹”好马” 杰克 |
[06:49] | So, Jake, this is pretty cool, huh? | 杰克 很酷吧? |
[06:52] | Driving in a futuristic car, going to see a movie. | 开着电力车 去看场电影 |
[06:58] | Hey, maybe afterwards we can go get some pizza. | 也许我们看完后 还可以去吃点比萨 |
[07:02] | Sure. | 也行 |
[07:07] | And then, who knows, maybe… Maybe your old dad will buy you… | 接下来的事谁知道呢 说不定你老爸我会给你买一个 |
[07:11] | …an excessively violent and bloody video game. How’s that sound? | 超酷暴力游戏怎么样 儿子? |
[07:14] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[07:16] | You know, when we go scuba diving… | 要知道我们去潜水的时侯 |
[07:18] | …Greg’s gonna teach me how to steer his boat. | 葛雷要教我开船 |
[07:21] | Well, I am sorry, Jake, but, you know, I don’t have a boat. | 我很抱歉 杰克 我没有游艇 |
[07:24] | I don’t have a Hummer, and I don’t know how to scuba-dive. | 也没有悍马 我也不会那什么潜水 |
[07:28] | It’s okay, Dad. Greg does. | 没什么 爸爸 葛雷会就行了 |
[07:34] | Hey, Jake, how’d you like your dad to teach you how to drive a car? | 杰克 让你爸教你开车怎么样 |
[07:38] | -What? -Really? | -什么? -真的吗? |
[07:39] | Charlie, he’s 11. | 查理 他才11岁 |
[07:41] | So? We’ll find an empty parking lot. | 那我们找个空旷的 停车场什么的不就行了吗 |
[07:43] | -What if he hits something? -Alan, it’s Mom’s car. | -要是撞到什么东西怎么办? -艾伦 这是老妈的车 |
[07:48] | Guess what? Daddy’s gonna teach you how to drive. | 没错 儿子 呆会老爸教你怎么开 |
[07:51] | Cool. | 酷 |
[07:57] | Can you reach the pedals? | 够得到下面的踏板吗? |
[07:58] | -Yeah. Can we turn on the radio? -Forget the radio. | -可以 我可以试试这音响吗 -别管这音响 |
[08:02] | Which one’s the window squirter? | 窗摇把在哪儿? |
[08:04] | Okay, forget the squirter. Now, come on, focus. | 别管什么窗摇把了 集中注意力 |
[08:06] | This is your rear-view mirror. It’s very important to check it before you back up | 这是后视镜 在你倒车时很重要 |
[08:10] | -Okay. -Now… Well, what do you see? | -好的 -看到些什么 |
[08:13] | The top of Uncle Charlie’s head. | 查理叔叔的头顶 |
[08:16] | A shopping cart, a tree, soda can. | 购物车 树 苏打罐头 |
[08:21] | -Looks like Mountain Dew. -Okay. | -不知道什么牌子的 -好了 |
[08:24] | Forget the rear-view mirror. We’re just… We’re just gonna go forward. | 先别管后视镜了 我们先朝前开 |
[08:27] | Now, you know, this is the brake and this is the gas. | 这个是刹车 这个是油门 |
[08:30] | Thought it was electric. | 这不是电力车吗? |
[08:34] | He’s got you there, Alan. | 被问倒了? |
[08:37] | Okay, this is the brake and this is the electric. | 好吧 这是刹车 这是…电门 |
[08:43] | They’re very, very sensitive. You don’t have to press hard. | 这些很灵 别使劲踩 |
[08:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:48] | Now, give it a little tap. | 那可以试着轻轻点一下 |
[08:49] | -It is on? -No. | -现在电源开着的吗 -没有 |
[08:52] | -Brake! Brake! Brake! -Brake! Brake! Brake! | 刹车! 刹车! 刹车! |
[08:57] | Okay. Apparently it is on. | 好吧 很明显 是开着的 |
[09:02] | -This is awesome. -You see how careful you have to be? | -这真是太棒了 -现在你明白你需要多小心了吧 |
[09:05] | And how much closer we are to the Dumpsters? | 看看我们离那个垃圾箱有多近 |
[09:08] | -Can I squirt the windows now? -No. | -我现在能把窗户打开吗? -不行 |
[09:10] | Now… Okay, why don’t you turn the wheel slightly to the left… | 现在试着把方向盘慢慢向左打… |
[09:14] | …and very gently press down on… | 然后轻轻地… |
[09:20] | Brake! Brake! Brake! | 刹车! 刹车! 刹车! |
[09:24] | Remember, if you wanna drive Grandma’s car again… | 如果你还想开奶奶的车 |
[09:27] | …you can’t be telling her about it. -I know. | 你可不能告诉她这件事 -知道了 |
[09:29] | Or Mom, or anybody else. Daddy doesn’t need the grief. | 你妈或其他什么人都不能说 否则你老爸可承受不了 |
[09:33] | That was really cool, Dad. Thanks. | 学开车真酷 谢谢老爸 |
[09:36] | -Yeah. Yeah, it was. -Hey, it just occurred to me. | -是啊 -我突然想到 |
[09:40] | If Greg’s here, we can ask him about going out on the boat. | 如果葛雷在这 问一下我们能不能跟他一起出海 |
[09:43] | No, I’m not going to ask Greg about going… | 我才不会问他… |
[09:46] | Hi, Judith. Here he is, safe and sound. | 朱蒂丝 瞧 儿子完璧归赵 |
[09:49] | -Hey, honey. -Hey, Mom. Guess what we just did. | -心肝 -妈妈 猜猜我们刚才做了什么 |
[09:51] | -What? -Nothing in particular. | -什么? -没啥特别的 |
[09:56] | That’s a kids’ joke. “Nothing in particular.” | 小孩就喜欢开种这玩笑 “没啥特别的” |
[10:00] | He’s been doing it to us all weekend. | 整个周末他都在这么说 |
[10:02] | -So, well, okay. Bye. -Alan. | -好的 拜拜 -艾伦 |
[10:10] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[10:14] | Ask about the boat. | 问问船的事 |
[10:19] | -Listen, next weekend… -Yeah, yeah. | -下周末… -啊啊 |
[10:22] | I know. You and Greg are taking Jake scuba diving. | 我知道 你和葛雷要带杰克去潜水 |
[10:24] | No, that’s the thing. | 不是的 是这么回事 |
[10:26] | Greg and I have decided not to see each other. | 我和葛雷不再交往了 所以… |
[10:29] | So if you haven’t made any plans, you can have Jake. | 如果你周末 还没什么计划的话 你可以带他 |
[10:32] | Oh, yeah, yeah. I’d love to have him. | 好啊 我很高兴能带他 |
[10:35] | And I’m sorry to hear about you and Greg. | 你和格雷的事我很遗憾 |
[10:40] | -Thank you. -Is there anything I can do? | -谢谢 -有什么我可以帮忙的吗 |
[10:44] | Yeah, you can wipe that smirk off your face. | 有 你可以把满脸奸笑收起来 |
[10:47] | -Okay. Well… Well, bye. -Bye. | -行啊…再见 -拜 |
[10:58] | -Alan? -Yeah? | -艾伦? |
[10:59] | Peephole. | 猫眼 |
[11:13] | Where have you been? | 去哪儿了? |
[11:17] | Car wash. They found something real interesting in the back seat. | 洗车 我在后座找到点很有趣的东西 |
[11:21] | Oh, yeah, what? | 是啥? |
[11:27] | Okay, now you’re just showing off. | 你这算显摆 |
[11:29] | No, Alan, I’m not. | 不 我不是… |
[11:31] | Although I have to admit, that is a sexy little item. | 我得承认 这是件很性感的玩意儿 |
[11:34] | -It is, isn’t it? -Yeah, yeah. | -是吧 -是呀 |
[11:37] | I’d like to meet the lady who fills this. | 很想见见穿这个的那位小妞 |
[11:40] | Actually, you know her. | 其实 是你认识的 |
[11:42] | -Oh, really? Lisa? -No. | -真的?丽萨? -不对 |
[11:45] | -Jennifer? -Who’s Jennifer? | -詹妮弗? -詹妮弗是哪颗葱啊? |
[11:48] | Oh, right. No. | 那个 不对 |
[11:51] | Well, then who? | 那是谁呢 |
[11:52] | I can tell you, but once I do, I can’t untell you. | 可一旦告诉你了 话就收不回了 |
[11:57] | -What are you talking about? -Who borrowed my car last weekend? | -你在说些啥呀 -上个周末谁借了我车来着? |
[12:03] | Holy mother of God. | 我的圣母啊 |
[12:07] | No. No. Unholy mother of us. | 不 不对 是我们那不怎么圣的母 |
[12:12] | Mom in a car? | 妈在车里搞? |
[12:14] | Mom in my car. | 妈在我车里搞! |
[12:17] | If I’d known this was gonna happen, I’d have gotten the vinyl seats. | 要是早知会出这档子事 就换成电椅了 |
[12:21] | Wait. You’re not just gonna leave it in the middle of the floor, are you? | 等等 等等 就这么把那留地板上? |
[12:25] | Really creeps you out, doesn’t it? | 让你起一身鸡皮疙瘩对吧? |
[12:28] | -No. -Then pick it up. | -不是 -那就捡起来啊 |
[12:47] | Hello? Oh, oh, hi, Jake. What’s up? | 你好 杰克 怎么了? |
[12:52] | Slow down there. | 慢点讲 |
[12:53] | Yeah. No, I know your mom broke up with Greg. | 我知道你妈和葛雷分手了 |
[12:57] | Yes. I understand that you’re very upset, but… | 我能理解你很不开心 |
[13:01] | Well, no, no. | 不行 |
[13:03] | I can’t come over there and pick you up just because you’re mad at your mother. | 我不能就因为 你生你妈的气就来接你 |
[13:11] | Well… I’m sorry, that’s just the way it is. | 很遗憾 事情就这样的 |
[13:14] | Now, why don’t you let me speak to her. | 让我来跟她讲话 |
[13:17] | Yeah, Judith, hi. Look, I am trying to back you up here. | 茱迪丝 听着 我正试着帮你说好话呢 |
[13:20] | No, I told him he had to work it out with you. | 我告诉他必须得好好和你相处 |
[13:27] | No, no… Really? | 真的? |
[13:29] | You think it would be better if he came over here to cool off? | 你觉得接他来这里冷静下比较好? |
[13:32] | Okay, but… | 那行啊 |
[13:35] | Well, bring him over, then. | 那就把他带来好了 |
[13:38] | Well… No, I’ll see you in a bit. | 那就回头见了 |
[13:41] | -Jake’s coming over? -Yeah, yeah. | -杰克一会儿过来? -是啊 |
[13:43] | Apparently he’s furious with his mother about this Greg thing. | 很显然 他对他妈和葛雷分手的事很难受 |
[13:46] | Well, that’s understandable. He was just getting to know this amazing guy… | 那也是可以理解的 那毕竟是个有游艇有泳池 |
[13:50] | …who had a boat and a pool and a Hummer. | 又有悍马的酷男 |
[13:53] | A guy who could teach him all sorts of cool stuff. | 一个可以教你各种酷玩意儿的酷男 |
[13:57] | And then his mother just rips this wonderful man out of his life. | 而他妈就这么硬生生地 |
[14:04] | Too soon? | 太快了吧? |
[14:06] | Hello. Everybody decent? | 哈啰 有人在家吗? |
[14:08] | Oh, hi, Mom. What a surprise. | 妈 真是个惊喜啊 |
[14:12] | Well, I was in the neighborhood and I thought I’d drop by… | 我刚好开过这附近 就想着来看看 |
[14:15] | …and see how my sons are getting along. | 我的儿子们过得如何 |
[14:18] | -Well, we’re doing fine. -Yep, just fine. | -活得很好 -没错 很好 |
[14:22] | -Good. Jake? -He’s… He’s fine. | -不错 杰克呢? -他也很好 |
[14:27] | Just dandy. | 翘首以待 |
[14:33] | Oh, the hell with it. | 管他呢 |
[14:37] | I left a $300 bra in the back seat of your Mercedes, and I want it back. | 我丢了件三百美元的胸罩在你的奔驰后座上 我想要回来 |
[14:43] | Oh, my. How in heaven’s name did that happen, Mother? | 我的天 这种事怎么会发生的呢? 母亲 |
[14:50] | -Well, if you must know… -I don’t need to know. | -行啊 如果你非要知道 -我不需要知道 |
[14:53] | Oh, Alan, grow up. | 艾伦 成熟点吧 |
[14:56] | I sold a 12-million-dollar house and I wanted to celebrate. | 我卖了套1200万美元的房子 想要庆祝一下 |
[15:00] | With the Saudi prince? | 和那个沙特王子? |
[15:03] | Don’t be ridiculous. He’s got nine wives and they’re all like 11 years old. | 别胡扯了 他有9个11岁左右的老婆 |
[15:08] | No, I was with the seller’s realtor. | 我是和卖家的中介一起庆祝 |
[15:10] | Splitting that juicy commission made us both so hot… | 平分那笔肥滋滋的佣金 |
[15:13] | …we barely made it off the front lawn. | 让我们激动得 连去前院草坪都等不及了 |
[15:19] | Now, go get Mommy’s bra. | 去帮你妈咪拿胸罩去 |
[15:33] | Oh, darling, that is just sick. | 亲爱的 这么做很变态 |
[15:40] | Seek help. | 小变态 |
[15:52] | -Hey, what’s going on? -My mom broke up with Greg. | -怎么了? -我妈和葛雷分手了 |
[15:55] | I heard. | 听说了 |
[15:56] | I’m gonna live here with you and Dad from now on. | 从今往后我就和你还有爸一起住了 |
[15:59] | Wanna bet? | 想打赌吗? |
[16:01] | -Why not? -Two reasons: | -为什么不? -有两个理由 |
[16:04] | Your mother loves you, and life is cruel. | 你妈爱你 而且生活很残忍 |
[16:07] | Wait, that may just be one reason. | 等下 那其实是一个理由 |
[16:10] | Well, maybe my dad can talk my mom into getting back together with Greg. | 说不定我爸能撮合我妈和葛雷 |
[16:15] | Enjoy fifth grade, kid. You’re obviously gonna be there for a while. | 好好享受五年级吧 享受不了多久了 |
[16:20] | What am I supposed to do, Alan? | 我该怎么办好呢 艾伦 |
[16:22] | I know how much he liked Greg… | 我清楚他有多喜欢葛雷 |
[16:24] | …but that can’t be the reason for me to keep seeing him. | 可那不能成为 我和葛雷继续下去的理由 |
[16:27] | I understand. You’re not wrong here. | 我能理解 这件事上你没错 |
[16:29] | I’m not? Because I certainly feel wrong. | 我没错? 可感觉上好像是我错 |
[16:32] | I failed as a wife. I’m failing as a mother. | 作为妻子我很失败 作为母亲我也很失败 |
[16:35] | I even blew it as a lesbian. | 甚至连想做个同性恋都搞砸了 |
[16:38] | That might have been the problem. | 说不定那就是问题所在 |
[16:42] | You’re not a failure. We’re both at fault for the marriage not working. | 你可不是什么失败者 婚姻失败是我们俩的问题 |
[16:46] | You’re a great mother. And I’m sure you would have made a heck of a lesbian… | 你是个很棒的母亲 而且我认为你只要再苦练舌功 |
[16:50] | …if you just hung in there a little longer. | 也能成为一个很好的同性恋 |
[16:54] | I’m gonna take Jake out so you guys can talk. | 我带杰克出去逛逛 让你们俩好好聊聊 |
[16:57] | -Thank you. -Thanks, Charlie. | -谢谢 -谢谢 查理 |
[16:58] | -Where we going? -I gotta trade in my car. | -我们去哪儿? -我想去把车换掉 |
[17:07] | Why are you trading this car in? Didn’t you just get it? | 干嘛要把这车换掉 这辆不还是新的吗? |
[17:10] | Yeah, but there’s a banging noise that’s driving me crazy. | 这车有种噪音让我发疯 |
[17:16] | I don’t hear anything. | 我可啥都没听到 |
[17:17] | You’re not in my head. | 你又没在我脑子里 |
[17:22] | Hey, as long as you’re getting rid of it, mind if I take it for a little spin? | 反正你也要把车处理掉 能让我开车去转几圈吗? |
[17:27] | Get real. | 怎么可能 |
[17:29] | I promise I’ll go really slow. | 拜托了 叔叔 我会开得很慢的 |
[17:32] | Forget it. It’s not gonna happen. | 别想了 不可能 |
[17:37] | Is that a footprint up there? | 那儿是个脚印吗? |
[17:42] | I never should have brought Jake into the relationship. It was too soon. | 我实在不该 把杰克拉到这段关系中来 一切都太快了 |
[17:46] | Don’t be too hard on yourself. | 你也别太难为自己了 |
[17:48] | So Greg didn’t turn out to be the great guy you thought he was gonna be. | 葛雷不能成为你希望的那种好男人又怎么了? |
[17:51] | Oh, he was a great guy. My God, Alan, he took my breath away. | 他真的是个很棒的男人 艾伦 他让我心跳加速 |
[17:56] | Our first night together he picked me up and carried me to bed in his arms. | 我们俩的初夜 他用他强壮的胳膊把我抱上床 |
[18:03] | Well, the point is you brought Jake into the relationship too soon. | 我想说的正是 你太早把杰克带进这段关系里了 |
[18:07] | Greg said I was too demanding. I am, aren’t I? | 他说我有太过苛求了 没错 |
[18:10] | -I am a demanding, angry shrew. -Hey, hey. | -我是个苛求过分的人 |
[18:12] | Don’t say that. That… That is not who you are. | 别那么说 你不是那样的 |
[18:15] | That’s just who you’ve become. | 至少以前不是 |
[18:22] | But, you know, underneath it all… | 但是尽管如此 在我心里你仍然是 |
[18:24] | …I can still see the frightened, neurotic girl… | 我当初喜欢的那个 |
[18:26] | …with the minor eating disorder that I fell in love with. | 与轻度厌食症搏斗的女孩 |
[18:33] | Oh, Alan. | 艾伦 |
[18:41] | I don’t get it. This is exactly like your other car. | 我不明白 这车和那辆不是一模一样吗 |
[18:45] | No, it’s not. Listen. No banging. | 不 不一样 听听 没有那种噪音了 |
[18:52] | Well, I think you should have gotten a cool car like Greg. | 我觉得你该搞辆像葛雷那样的酷车 |
[18:56] | Hey, do yourself a favor and stop worshiping this dude. | 帮你自己个忙 别再崇拜那位老兄了 |
[18:58] | There’s a guy in your life who’s worth looking up to… | 你的生命中 已经有个人 |
[19:01] | …and modeling yourself after. | 值得成为你的楷模 |
[19:03] | -Dad? -Okay, two guys. | -爸? -好吧 两个人 |
[19:08] | Well, I still don’t understand why my mom had to break up with Greg. | 我还是不明白 为什么妈妈非要和葛雷分手 |
[19:11] | It could have been worse. She could have married him and then broken up. | 说不定还会更糟呢 说不定她会跟他结婚 然后再离婚 |
[19:15] | When I was your age, I was already on my third stepfather. | 我在你这年纪 已经有了第三个继父 |
[19:18] | And I kind of liked the second one. | 我还比较喜欢我第二个继父呢 |
[19:21] | Well, how did you feel? | 那你有啥感觉? |
[19:22] | How do you think I felt? I was pissed off. | 你以为呢? 当然很火大 |
[19:25] | -Yeah, well, so am I. -And I’m not saying you shouldn’t be… | -我也是 -我没说你不该生气 |
[19:28] | …but you can’t blame your mother. She’s gotta do what’s right for her. | 可你不该怪你妈 她也要为自己负责的 |
[19:32] | -You understand? -I guess. | -你明白? -我想是的 |
[19:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:36] | The next time you see her, give her a big hug… | 那下次看见她 我希望你能给她个大拥抱 |
[19:38] | …and let her know that there’s still one guy who’s willing to live with her. | 让她觉得世界上 还是有男人愿意爱她的 |
[19:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:45] | Wait, you blame your mom for everything. | 慢着 你就什么都责怪你妈 |
[19:48] | That’s different. My mom’s Satan. | 那不一样 我妈是撒旦化身 |
[20:13] | Come on, let’s go boat shopping. | 行了 让我们继续血拼去 |
[20:25] | If I’m old enough to drive… | 如果我不能开车 |
[20:27] | …I’m old enough to know what’s going on with you and Mom. | 那我就想知道你和妈怎么回事 |
[20:29] | You’re not old enough to drive. | 你年纪太小不能开 |
[20:32] | I don’t believe that you were carrying her because she twisted her ankle. | 因为她扭伤了脚踝 所以你才抱着她 这种理由我可不相信 |
[20:37] | Believe what you want. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. | 随便你怎么想 反正只能告诉你这些 |
[20:41] | Tell him, Charlie. | 告诉他 查理 |
[20:44] | Your parents were about to have sex when we walked in. | 我们回家时你爸妈正准备做爱 |
[20:55] | Yeah, right. | 对 是的 |