时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | -Have any homework this weekend? -A little. | -这个周末有作业吗? -有一点 |
[00:04] | Why don’t you get started on it tonight. | 干吗不今晚开始做呢? |
[00:06] | But it’s only Friday. | 今天才星期五啊 |
[00:08] | I know, but if you do it tonight, you won’t worry. | 我知道 可如果今天就做好 接下来就不用担心了 |
[00:10] | I’m not worried. | 我没担心 |
[00:15] | Hey. What are you guys up to tonight? | 今晚要干吗? |
[00:17] | -Jake’s gonna do his homework. -Why? | -杰克今晚要做些作业 -为什么? |
[00:21] | It’s only Friday. | 今天才星期五啊 |
[00:25] | Let me tell you something about Charlie. | 我来告诉你些查理叔叔的事 |
[00:27] | He was a lousy student. | 他小时候就是个很差劲的学生 |
[00:29] | He always put off doing his homework… | 总是直到最后一秒才开始做作业 |
[00:30] | …and his grades reflected it. -Seems like he’s doing okay now. | 他的成绩充分显示了这一点 -现在看上去混得也不错啊? |
[00:38] | -Go get your books. -I left my books at Mom’s. | -去拿你的书 -书在妈那儿 |
[00:41] | -Fine. I’ll have her bring them over. -Okay. They’re in my bag. | -行啊 我给她打电话让她送来 -在我书包里 |
[00:47] | Go get them. | 去拿 |
[00:50] | Okay. Well, don’t wait up. | 行了 别等门了 |
[00:53] | -Pretty confident, huh? -Yeah. | -这么自信? -没错 |
[00:56] | Thus, the “don’t wait up.” | 所以让你别等门了 |
[00:58] | Didn’t you meet this girl a couple of days ago? | 你不是前几天才认识这女孩的吗? |
[01:01] | Yup. So tonight’s the night. You know, the three-day rule. | 是啊 就是今晚 你知道3日泡妞必胜法吗? |
[01:04] | That’s the three-date rule. | 是3次约会鉴定法吧 (约会3次后评估对方是否值得交往) |
[01:08] | Three dates? That’s crazy talk. | 3次约会? 简直是疯话 |
[01:11] | All right. If you bring her back here, please be discreet. | 如果你非要带她来这儿 拜托一定要小声点 |
[01:14] | Don’t worry. First night’s always at her place. | 放心 第一晚永远是在她家里 |
[01:16] | -Is that another rule? -No. It’s just a common courtesy. | -这算是另一条规则吗? -不是 这只不过是约定俗成的 |
[01:21] | A woman’s more relaxed and comfortable in her own surroundings. | 女孩在熟悉的地方更加放松舒服 |
[01:25] | Plus, the minute she falls asleep, I can hit the bricks. | 而且她们还在睡的时候我就能溜走 |
[01:29] | That’s lovely. It’s a shame you don’t work for Hallmark. | 真可爱 (你想这么周到) 不替好美家工作太可惜了 |
[01:32] | Yeah, I’ll bet those guys get laid like crazy. | 那些人啊 起的真够晚的 |
[01:36] | -Goodnight, buddy. -Night. | -晚安 老兄 -晚安 |
[01:38] | What happened to my chicken nuggets? | 我的鸡块哪去了? |
[01:40] | What are you talking about? You ate them. | 什么怎么了? 不是你吃了吗? |
[01:42] | Now, stop procrastinating and do your homework. | 别再叽叽歪歪开始做作业吧 |
[01:46] | What does procrastinating mean? | 叽叽歪歪是什么意思 |
[01:48] | It means putting off stuff that you have to do. | 就是说拖拉你该做的事 |
[01:52] | -Can you use it in a sentence? -I just did. | -你能用这词造个句吗 -我刚刚造了 |
[01:55] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:58] | Did I tell you a bug flew in my ear today? | 我能从今天 你说的话里指出个破绽吗? |
[02:05] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[02:08] | -You asleep? -What? No. | -睡着了吗 -什么? 没 |
[02:12] | No. You? | 你呢? |
[02:15] | Listen, I have to get up early tomorrow, so… | 听着 我明天早上得早起 所以… |
[02:18] | -You want me to leave? -Do you mind? | -你要我走? -你介意吗? |
[02:20] | No, I’m cool either way: Stay or go. | 不 我无所谓 知道为什么吗:留下会”犯罪” |
[02:25] | So I’m going? | 那我这就走了? |
[02:28] | Thanks, you’re a doll. | 谢谢你 帅哥 |
[02:34] | You know, I actually prefer waking up in my own bed. | 要知道 我也更喜欢在自己床上醒来 |
[02:39] | Personal little quirk. | 一点个人怪癖 |
[02:42] | -You don’t mind, right? -Not at all. | -你不介意吧 -一点也不 |
[02:45] | Good. | 那就好 |
[02:47] | So this worked out well for all concerned, huh? | 那么我们真是绝配 |
[02:51] | It was fantastic. We’ll have to do it again. | 真太棒了 我们以后该找机会再做 |
[02:54] | Absolutely. | 绝对 |
[02:57] | -But not tonight? -No. | -不过不是今晚? -没错 |
[03:02] | -Okay. Well, I’ll call you. -It’s probably easier if I call you. | -行啊 回头我给你电话 -还是我打你电话比较好 |
[03:08] | Sure. Either way. | 行啊 无所谓 |
[03:09] | -I call you, you call me. -I’ll call you. | -你打给我 我打给你 -我打给你 |
[03:13] | Good. | 也好 |
[03:15] | -So I guess I’ll just let myself out. . | -那我就自己出去啦 |
[03:33] | Sherri, you asleep? | 雪莉 你睡着了吗 |
[03:36] | Finally. | 终于啊 |
[04:10] | -How was school this week? -Okay. | -这周学校里怎么样? -还行 |
[04:12] | -Any homework for the weekend? -Nope. | -这个周末有作业吗? -没有 |
[04:16] | -Really? -Okay, yes. | -真的? -好吧 有的 |
[04:21] | Do we have to go through this every Friday? | 杰克 我们每个周五 都要这样来一下吗? |
[04:23] | I’d rather we didn’t. | 我更希望不要 |
[04:30] | Curly fries. | 炸薯条圈 |
[04:32] | When I was your age, we didn’t even have curly fries. | 要知道我在你这年纪 根本就还没有炸薯条圈 |
[04:34] | We had to make do with straight or crinkle cut. | 我们只有整整齐齐的直薯条 |
[04:37] | -What? -I’m just trying to distract you… | -啥? -其实我就想让你分神 |
[04:40] | …while I steal your fries. -Hey. | 好偷点你的炸薯条圈 |
[04:42] | Jake, don’t be selfish. Let him have one. | 杰克 别这么自私 让他吃点好了 |
[04:45] | So no date tonight? | 那么 今晚没约会? |
[04:47] | I thought I’d just hang with you guys. | 我还是比较喜欢和你们混 |
[04:49] | -What about that girl you’re seeing? -Sherri? I’m playing that slow. | -最近约会的那女孩怎样了? -雪莉? 放长线钓大鱼 |
[04:55] | Really? Do you mean at a leisurely pace… | 真的? 你是指暂时的休战 |
[04:57] | …or as if you were developmentally challenged? | 还是准备让她有点危机意识? |
[05:01] | Oh, aren’t you clever? Bite me. | 你真是太聪明了 咬我吧! |
[05:06] | Alan, most beautiful women are used to guys… | 听着 艾伦 |
[05:08] | …chasing after them. They expect it. | 大部分女孩都会等着男的去追求她们 她们期待… |
[05:10] | Squeeze a little more ketchup on it, would you, buddy? | 给我来点番茄酱吧 |
[05:13] | However, if you hang back and stay cool… | 但如果你矜持点冷静点 |
[05:16] | …the women come to you. | 女孩就会给你自动送上门 |
[05:19] | Well, not to you specifically, but you get the theory. | 当然我不是在指”你” 不过 你应该明白我的理论了 |
[05:22] | Yeah, I’m not stupid. Just physically repellent… | 是啊 我又不蠢 只是理论上是个父亲 |
[05:25] | …and inherently unlovable. | 又不懂得如何去爱 |
[05:27] | Don’t get snippy with me. I’m trying to teach you something. | 别跟我抬杠 我是想教你点经验 |
[05:30] | Hey, I agreed to one. | 我想要这一整个 |
[05:33] | If you’re finished with dinner, get started on homework. | 杰克 如果你吃完饭了 干吗不开始做点作业 |
[05:36] | I’m still hungry. He ate all my fries. | 我还饿着呢 他吃光了我的薯条 |
[05:39] | You can have ice cream when you’ve done your homework. | 你做完作业可以吃点冰激凌 |
[05:41] | Isn’t that procrastinating? | 你算不算是在叽叽歪歪 |
[05:48] | Go. | 快去 |
[05:54] | Man, that kid guards his plate like a one-armed inmate, doesn’t he? | 那小孩防卫心也太重了 对吧 |
[06:00] | Hello? Oh, hey, Sherri. | 你好 雪莉 |
[06:04] | How’s it going? | 近来如何? |
[06:05] | Tonight? No, I’m sorry, I can’t. I’ve already got plans. | 今晚? 抱歉 我今晚已经有安排了 |
[06:10] | How about tomorrow night? Oh, you’ve got plans. | 明晚怎么样? 你有安排? |
[06:14] | Okay. Well, Sunday? | 行啊 那星期天呢? |
[06:17] | Monday? | 星期一? |
[06:20] | What about Tuesday? You know what? | 星期二怎么样? 你猜怎么 |
[06:23] | I’m looking at the wrong month in my date book. Tonight works. | 我看行事历时看错月份了 今晚我有空的 |
[06:29] | How about I pick you up at 8? | 我去接你如何? |
[06:32] | Okay, I’ll meet you at 7. | 行啊 那我们就七点碰头 |
[06:35] | How about Antonio’s? | 安东尼奥餐馆如何? |
[06:37] | The Oak Room it is. | 你会喜欢它的 |
[06:39] | See you soon. | 回见 |
[06:43] | -What just happened? -You were playing it slow. | -刚才什么了? -你在放长线钓大鱼 |
[06:51] | -Everything okay? -No, perfect, Stephan. Thanks. | -一切都还好吧 -非常好 谢谢 |
[06:54] | Always good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:57] | I liked it too. | 我也很喜欢 |
[07:00] | So you must be a regular here. | 看来你是这儿的常客了 |
[07:03] | Yeah. Food’s good and I bring a lot of clients. | 是啊 菜不错 经常带客户来这儿 |
[07:05] | Speaking of which, it’s getting kind of late. | 话说回来 现在有点晚了 |
[07:08] | -I’ve got an early meeting tomorrow. -I’ll get the check. | -明天早上还有个会 -行啊 那我来付账吧 |
[07:10] | I already took care of it. | 其实刚才我已经结掉了 |
[07:12] | -When? -You were in the little boys’ room. | -什么时候? -你在那个”小男”厕里的时候 |
[07:14] | -That’s not right. -It’s fine. I asked you out. No big deal. | -这样不对 -没事 我约你出来的 没什么大不了 |
[07:18] | No, you shouldn’t call it “the little boys’ room.” | 不 你实在不该称那个为”小男”厕 |
[07:22] | -Sorry. -You’re forgiven. | -抱歉 -没事 |
[07:25] | So we can just go. | 那我们走吧? |
[07:27] | If it’s okay, I wanna go back to my place. | 如果可以的话 我只是想回我自己家就行了 |
[07:29] | Oh, great. I’ll follow you. | 也行啊 那我跟着你 |
[07:32] | I don’t think so, Charlie. I’m kind of tired. | 我不这样认为 我有点累了 |
[07:35] | Okay. Well, how about this? | 行啊 那这样如何? |
[07:37] | I’ll drive you home, carry you upstairs, tuck you into bed… | 我开车送你回家 送你上楼 帮你盖好被子 |
[07:40] | …kiss you good night, and just as you’re drifting off to sleep… | 给你个晚安吻 就在你即将睡着之时 |
[07:44] | …I will lick your body from head to toe. | 我会帮你从头到脚舔遍全身 |
[07:49] | Lovely as that sounds, I’m gonna have to take a rain check. | 虽然听上去真的很诱人 我还是希望可以留着下次用 |
[07:53] | Okay. Yeah, I guess it is getting kind of late. | 也行啊 我也觉得是有点晚了 |
[07:56] | -It’s almost 9. -Thanks for understanding. | -差不多都快 9点了 -谢谢你的理解 |
[07:59] | -Sure. Hey, we’re okay, right? -Yeah. | -没问题 我们没事 对吧? -是啊 |
[08:04] | -Did I say something to upset you? -No. | -我说了什么让你不爽吗? -没啊 |
[08:06] | -Are you mad at me? -No. | -你在生我气吗? -没有 |
[08:08] | -Promise? -Yes. | -你保证? -是的 |
[08:10] | Do I sound like a big old girl? | 听起来是不是象个老女人? |
[08:19] | Why didn’t you do this part? | 这些干吗不做? |
[08:21] | That’s extra credit. You don’t have to do it. | 这些是加分题 不是非得做的 |
[08:23] | -Why don’t you do it anyway? -Because I don’t have to. | -干嘛不一起做掉这几题呢? -因为不是非要做啊 |
[08:27] | It shows that you’re willing to make an extra effort. | 可这样老师会觉得你在特别努力 |
[08:30] | But I’m not. | 可我没有 |
[08:34] | -Do it anyway. -Why? | -去做掉 -为什么? |
[08:37] | If you spent as much time doing the work… | 杰克 如果你把时间花在做题上 |
[08:39] | …as you do arguing about it, we’d be done. | 而不是和我争 现在都已经做完了 |
[08:41] | I am done. This is extra. | 我是做完了 这是加分题 |
[08:48] | You’re home early. | 你回来挺早啊 |
[08:52] | Alan, if you got something to say… | 艾伦 你想说什么就直接了当说好了 |
[08:54] | …why don’t you just come out and say it? | 别跟我拐弯抹角的 |
[08:59] | You’re home early? | 你早回家了? |
[09:01] | Yeah, that’s smart. Keep pushing me. | 是啊 真聪明 继续惹我吧 |
[09:08] | -Did you see that? -Yeah, he took my ice cream. | -哇喔 你看见了吗? -是啊 他拿走了我的冰激凌 |
[09:23] | Hey, neighbor. | 好啊 邻居 |
[09:26] | Hi, Rose. | 好 罗丝 |
[09:27] | Didn’t you have dessert with Sherri? | 你不是和雪莉吃过甜点了吗? |
[09:29] | -How did you know I was with Sherri? | 你怎么知道我刚和雪莉在一起的? |
[09:32] | Oh, Charlie, you still don’t get me, do you? | 查理 你还是不了解我啊 对吧? |
[09:36] | -So do you wanna talk about it? -No. | -那么 你想谈谈这事吗? -不想 |
[09:42] | She probably just had to get up early, like she said. | 可能她真的只是 象她说的那样想早起 |
[09:45] | Probably. | 有可能 |
[09:46] | Unless her real date didn’t start until later… | 也可能是因为她的真男友工作晚了 |
[09:49] | …and she just didn’t wanna eat alone. | 而她不想一个人吃饭 |
[09:51] | What? | 什么? |
[09:54] | Oh, come on, Charlie. Double-booking. | 拜托 查理 一脚踏两船 |
[09:56] | You practically invented it. | 这你可是老手了 |
[09:59] | No, she wouldn’t do that to me. Why would she do that to me? | 不 她不会这么对我的 她怎么会这样对我呢? |
[10:02] | Did she do that to me? She did that to me, didn’t she? | 她这么对我的了吗? 她确实这么对我了 对吧? |
[10:09] | -Excuse me? -Sorry. | -你说什么? -抱歉 |
[10:10] | I was just taking a little selfish delight in your pain. | 我只是有点自私的在幸灾乐祸 |
[10:13] | The Germans call it “schadenfreude”… | 德国人会说”士可杀不可辱” |
[10:15] | …but here in the U.S.A., we just go: | 而我们美国人只会说”一笑了之” |
[10:22] | -Thanks. -Oh, Charlie… | -谢谢 -查理 |
[10:24] | …you don’t need a girl like that. You could do so much better. | 你又不需要那样的女孩子 你理应得到更好的女孩子 |
[10:29] | You’re right. I can. | 你说得很对 我可以 |
[10:31] | She doesn’t call when she says she will. | 她说会给我打电话却一直没打 |
[10:33] | She won’t let me sleep over. She’s obviously seeing other guys. | 她不让我在她家过夜 而且很明显她还有其他男人 |
[10:37] | So why can’t I get her out of my head? | 可我怎么还一直想着她呢 |
[10:39] | Okay, that’s not where I was going, but let’s review: | 进展和我预期的不太一致 但…让我们重新审视一下 |
[10:44] | She’s gorgeous, but she’s also self-centered… | 她很有魅力 但也以自我为中心 |
[10:48] | …she’s promiscuous, she’s commitment-phobic… | 她放纵 还无法作出承诺 |
[10:51] | -Oh, my God. -What? | -我的老天爷 -怎么了? |
[10:53] | I’m dating myself. | 我在和自己约会 |
[10:59] | No wonder the sex is so good. | 怪不得跟她嘿咻会那么爽 |
[11:08] | Trust me. You’ll feel better having this done. | 信我的 今晚做完后你感觉会很棒 |
[11:10] | We’ll have the weekend to have fun. | 然后就可以无忧无虑度周末了 |
[11:12] | What if we don’t have fun? | 如果整个周末根本没劲怎么办? |
[11:14] | Then all this studying will be for nothing. | 说不定我学了半天 结果啥好玩的也没有 |
[11:17] | That’s just a risk we’ll have to take. | 你没得选择 |
[11:20] | Now, what year did Magellan circumnavigate the globe? | 那么麦哲伦在哪一年 完成的环球航行? |
[11:23] | -It’s not gonna be on the test. -Maybe not. | -这个在测验时不会出的 -可能不会 |
[11:25] | It wouldn’t hurt for you to know it. | 可知道一下也无妨对吧 |
[11:27] | Why would I wanna know something I don’t have to? | 我干嘛要知道些 我不需要知道的事? |
[11:29] | Because maybe you’ll need to know it in the future. | 因为 说不定你在以后会用得上 |
[11:32] | Well, then, that’s when I’ll learn it. | 那我就到时候再学 |
[11:36] | Why can’t you just learn it now? | 为什么你就不能现在就学? |
[11:37] | There’s only so much space in my brain… | 因为在我脑子里就那么大点地方 |
[11:40] | …that if you put Magellan in there, I might forget my locker combination. | 如果把麦哲伦放在那里 我可能就会忘了柜子密码 |
[11:46] | -Charlie, help me out here. -What? | -查理 帮我一下 -什么事? |
[11:49] | Jake doesn’t think he needs to know anything about Magellan. | 杰克觉得他不需要知道麦哲伦的事 |
[11:52] | What’s Magellan? | 麦哲伦是啥? |
[11:56] | Okay, I’m out of here. Won’t be late. | 那我走了 会很晚 |
[11:59] | Oh, I’m sorry. Bad news from the clinic? | 我很遗憾 诊所里传来了坏消息? |
[12:04] | No. I’m just taking Sherri out for a nice dinner… | 不是 只是约了雪莉出去吃晚餐 |
[12:07] | …after which I plan to gently but firmly… | 然后温柔但坚决 |
[12:10] | …extricate myself from the relationship. | 地结束这段关系 |
[12:13] | So she got bad news from the clinic? | 那么她从诊所里听到了坏消息? |
[12:16] | There’s no bad news. There’s no clinic. | 没什么坏消息 没什么诊所 |
[12:18] | -I’m just ending it. -Why? | -我只是要结束这段关系 -为什么? |
[12:20] | Because she’s a self-centered, manipulative narcissist. | 因为她是个 自我为中心的超级自恋狂 |
[12:23] | So are you. | 你不也是吗 |
[12:26] | Hello. | 拜托! |
[12:31] | He said “narcissist.” | 他说了”narcissus” (水仙与自恋同源) |
[12:34] | It’s not a dirty word. | 这不是脏话 |
[12:37] | What does it mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[12:39] | If you wanna know, look it up in the dictionary. | 想知道什么意思 干吗不去查字典? |
[12:41] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[12:51] | He’s not coming back. | 他不会回来了 |
[12:58] | -Thank you, Steven. -It’s “Stephan.” | -谢谢 史蒂芬 -是”史黛冯”(法语) |
[13:01] | Sure, it is. | 当然了 |
[13:07] | Listen, Sherri, we need to talk. | 听着 雪莉 我们得谈谈 |
[13:10] | -You’re a terrific woman, but… -You look so hot tonight. | -你是个很迷人的女人 可… -今晚你看上真性感 |
[13:15] | Really? | 真的? |
[13:21] | -That was incredible. -Yeah, it was, wasn’t it? | -真是不可思议 -是啊 我也觉得 |
[13:26] | It’s funny how things work out. | 现在看来事情都解决了 |
[13:28] | An hour ago I wasn’t feeling too good about us. | 一小时前我对 我们俩的关系还挺担心的呢 |
[13:31] | I gotta get up early again tomorrow. | 听着 我明天还得早起 |
[13:33] | So if you don’t mind… | 所以 如果你不介意的话 |
[13:41] | There you go, Elvis. Peanut butter and bananas. | 给你 加了花生酱和香蕉 |
[13:45] | -My mom cuts it diagonally. -Yeah? | -我妈不是这么切的 -是吗? |
[13:48] | Well, that’s the way I learned to cut it in prison. | 我在监狱里学的就这么切 |
[13:54] | Thank you? | 谢谢 |
[13:58] | Alan, got a riddle for you: | 艾伦 给你猜个谜语 |
[14:02] | What’s short, picky and only supposed to be here on weekends? | 什么东西矮小 难搞 刻薄 并且理应周末才属于你 |
[14:05] | I’ll give you a hint: it’s your kid. | 给你点提示 是你小孩 |
[14:09] | I know. I know. His mother decided… | 我知道 我能理解 |
[14:11] | …she had to go to Palm Springs to rejuvenate herself. | 她妈妈决定去棕榈泉几天 让自己恢复青春 |
[14:14] | Detox? | 裸浴? |
[14:17] | No, a health spa. Six hundred dollars a day… | 不是 是健康SPA 600美元一天 |
[14:19] | …for meditation and colonics. | 冥想和结肠水疗法 |
[14:22] | How in the hell do you meditate… | 让别人给你洗结肠的时候 |
[14:24] | …when someone’s squirting water up your business? | 你怎么能够冥想 |
[14:29] | I don’t think they happen simultaneously, Berta. | 我不认为这2治疗是同时进行的 |
[14:32] | That’s good, because it could be very distracting. | 那很好 不然就太分心了 |
[14:35] | I can’t even pee when the cat’s watching me. | 有猫盯着 我连尿都尿不出来 |
[14:41] | Nobody answer the phone! | 谁也别去接电话! |
[14:43] | Please, let it be her. Please, please, please. | 拜托 一定得是雪莉 拜托 拜托 拜托 |
[14:48] | No, wait. Berta, you answer it. | 不 波塔 你来接 |
[14:51] | No, no, no! Let it ring. | 不不不 让它响 |
[14:54] | No, answer it. | 不 去接 |
[14:56] | -Harper residence. -I’m not here. | -哈勃家 -我不在 |
[14:58] | -Yeah, he’s here. -Okay, I’m here. | -是啊 他在这儿 -也行 那我在 |
[15:01] | Jake, it’s your mother! | 杰克 你妈电话 |
[15:05] | So how’s it going down there? You struck oil yet? | 说来 你在那过的怎么样啊? 排毒排完了吗 |
[15:12] | Charlie, what is going on with you? | 查理 你到底怎么回事啊? |
[15:15] | -What? -What do you mean, “what”? | -什么? -什么怎么? |
[15:18] | You’re spending half your time drinking and moping. | 你花一半的时间灌黄汤和嘀咕 |
[15:20] | The other half sleeping and throwing up. | 而花另一半的时间睡觉和呕吐 |
[15:22] | You haven’t been out of the house all week. | 你都一周没出门了 |
[15:25] | You want me to go out like this in public? | 我干嘛要出去抛头露面? |
[15:29] | If you feel so strongly about this girl, why don’t you just call her? | 如果你对那女孩这么有感觉 干吗不直接给她打电话? |
[15:32] | Yeah, sure, I could call her. | 没错 我当然可以给她打电话 |
[15:34] | I could also FedEx her my testicles in a little silk bag. | 我也可以把 我的小弟弟打包给她寄去 |
[15:40] | All the more reason to call first and give her a heads-up. | 你先打电话才能跟她嘿咻嘿咻啊 |
[15:43] | Alan, don’t you understand? This isn’t about dating anymore. | 艾伦 你还不明白吗? 这事和约会无关 |
[15:47] | It’s not even about sex. It’s about self-respect and pride. | 甚至和上床也无关 这事关系到自尊和骄傲 |
[15:51] | Yeah, well, I think that ship has sailed, Charlie. | 我觉得木已成舟了 查理 |
[15:55] | See, the problem is she doesn’t need me. | 问题在于 她根本不需要我 |
[15:59] | So I need to figure out a way to show her… | 所以我得想出个办法 |
[16:02] | …that I don’t need her just as much as she doesn’t need me. | 告诉她我也不需要她 正如她不需要我一样 |
[16:05] | But without seeming needy. | 但是 要用暗示 |
[16:09] | You see my dilemma? | 看到这两难了吧? |
[16:12] | Actually, I think I do. | 事实上 我觉得我是明白了 |
[16:15] | You feel like I felt when Judith kicked me out. | 你现在的感觉 跟我被茱迪丝踢出家门时一样 |
[16:19] | All right, if you’re gonna mock me, this conversation’s over. | 如果你想奚落我 这次谈话结束了 |
[16:27] | -Who took my sandwich? -Go do your homework. | -谁动了我的三明治 -做你的作业去 |
[16:31] | Unbelievable. | 简直难以置信 |
[16:37] | -I’m glad you were free tonight. -I’m glad I was home when you called. | -真高兴你今晚有空 -我也很高兴 你打电话的时候我在家 |
[16:41] | I would’ve called sooner, but it’s been a crazy week. | 我也想早点打 但是这周真是太忙了 |
[16:43] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没事 我能理解 |
[16:45] | -Oh, Charlie, I want you. -Are you sure? | -来吧 查理 我想要你 -你要? |
[16:48] | -Oh, yeah. -How much? | -当然 -有多么想要? |
[16:50] | -Can’t you tell? -I wanna hear it. | -你看不出来吗? -我想听你说出来 |
[16:53] | I need you. I ache for you. | 饥渴地想要你 |
[16:56] | Okay, then. | 那就行了 |
[17:01] | -What are you doing? -I’ve gotta get home. | -你在干嘛? -我得回家 |
[17:03] | I got an early meeting. | 明早有会 |
[17:06] | -What? -Beat you to it this time, didn’t I? | -啥? -这次我可打败你了 不是吗? |
[17:10] | What are you talk…? What kind of game are you playing here? | 你在说什… 你在玩什么把戏? |
[17:14] | The same game you’re playing, only tonight, I win. | 在玩你玩过的把戏啊 不同的是 这次我赢了 |
[17:18] | Really? What is it that you’re winning? | 是吗? 你到底赢了什么? |
[17:20] | Charlie, I’m lying here hungry for your body and you’re walking away. | 查理 我躺在这里 饥渴地想要你的肉体 |
[17:24] | So, what exactly is it that you’re winning? | 而你却就这么走开 那你究竟赢了什么? |
[17:32] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[17:36] | -Get out. -It’s too late. | -快滚吧! -太晚了 |
[17:38] | You can’t kick me out. I already said I’m leaving. | 你不能把我踢出去 我已经说过要走了 |
[17:58] | -So how’d it go? -Great. | -那么? 进展如何? -太棒了 |
[18:02] | I took control. I regained my self-respect. | 事态完全被我掌控 我赢回了我的自尊 |
[18:05] | I walked out of there with my head held high. | 然后我趾高气扬的离开了她家 |
[18:07] | Good for you. Good for you. So you’re done beating yourself up? | 不错 真有你的 那么你不准备再折磨自己了? |
[18:12] | Not quite. | 不完全是 |
[18:24] | Jake, wait till we get inside. | 杰克 干吗不进去吃? |
[18:27] | I’m hungry. Uncle Charlie’s in there. | 不行 我很饿 而查理叔叔在里面 |
[18:31] | I see your point. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[18:33] | At the risk of asking a foolish question… | 冒风险问个蠢问题 |
[18:35] | …you got any homework this weekend? | 你这周末有作业吗? |
[18:37] | -Nope. Did it at school. -Really? | -没有 在学校里就做完了 -真的? |
[18:40] | Yup. Did it during detention. | 是啊 我在留堂的时候做了 |
[18:43] | -Jake, why did you have detention? | 杰克 你为什么会被留堂? |
[18:46] | Because I didn’t do my homework yesterday. | 昨天没做作业 |
[18:49] | So you did yesterday’s homework and today’s homework? | 那么你在留堂时 做了昨天和今天的作业? |
[18:52] | Yup. The extra-credit section and everything. | 没错 加分题之类的所有的一切 |
[18:55] | -Oh, great. I’ll look it over. -Okay, I didn’t do it. | -那太好了 让我检查一遍 -好吧 其实我没做 |
[19:00] | -Jake, why do you keep lying? -Because I thought you trusted me. | -杰克 你干嘛要撒谎? -因为我还以为你会信我的话 |
[19:06] | The detention part was true. | 留堂那部分是真的 |
[19:12] | Hi, Charlie. | 查理 |
[19:15] | Hey, Rose. What’s going on? | 罗丝 怎么了? |
[19:17] | I just stopped by to say I’m sorry things didn’t work out… | 我只是过来说一声 很遗憾 |
[19:21] | …with you and Sherri. -Yeah. Thanks. | 你和雪莉的事吹了 -谢谢 |
[19:24] | And I’m sorry for my schadenfreude the other day. | 我也对那天我的坏主意感到遗憾 |
[19:27] | I’ve been riddled with “glaukenschtuken” ever since. | 自那以后我 变得卑鄙 荒谬还很自责 |
[19:30] | -Glauken…? -Schtuken. | -自… -责 |
[19:33] | It means: ” Feeling guilty for having felt schadenfreude.” | 意思是因为 没给你出好主意而感到内疚 |
[19:38] | -They’ve got a word for that? -Not yet. | -这意思还能有个词? -还没 |
[19:40] | But I’m hoping “glaukenschtuken” catches on. | 但只要你放宽思路 就等明白我在说啥 |
[19:44] | I’ll do my part. | 我会试试的 |
[19:47] | You know, something good did come out of all this: | 要知道 “塞翁失马焉知非福” |
[19:51] | Watching you obsess over Sherri… | 你对雪莉的痴迷 |
[19:53] | …really helped me understand my obsession for you. | 让我理解了我对你的痴迷 |
[19:57] | I mean, you never return my calls. You always see other women. | 要知道 你从来不回我电话 总是和别的女人上床 |
[20:01] | You never knowingly let me sleep over. | 也从来不让我在你家过夜 |
[20:05] | And yet, I’ve never been able to get you out of my head. | 可是 你却总是在我脑中挥之不去 |
[20:10] | -Interesting. -Isn’t it? | -有意思 -对啊 |
[20:12] | But now that I understand it, I feel somehow free of it. | 所以现在一旦理解了 我觉得一下子就解脱了 |
[20:17] | Well, that’s great, Rose. It sounds like a real healthy breakthrough. | 听起来很不错 因为听起来像是真正的想通了 |
[20:21] | Yeah. And the best part is now that the fog of obsession has lifted… | 最棒的是在执迷之雾散去之后 |
[20:26] | …I can stop idealizing you, and see you for who you really are. | 我不用再把你理想化 看见那最最真实的你 |
[20:31] | And who would that be? | 而那将会是…? |
[20:34] | An emotionally scarred and deeply flawed human being. | 一个身心俱碎的可怜人 |
[20:39] | Who will one day bless me… | 他将会在未来的某一天 |
[20:42] | …with emotionally scarred and deeply flawed children. | 让我怀上一些身心俱碎的孩子们 |
[20:48] | Rose. | 罗丝 |
[20:51] | Just hold me. | 紧紧搂住我就可以了 |
[20:56] | I like the names Mike and Trudy. | 我比较喜欢麦克和茱迪这两个名字 |