时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – So, dear… – What? | – 那么 亲爱的? – 怎么? |
[00:05] | Do you see anything you like? | 有什么喜欢吃的吗? |
[00:06] | I don’t know. What’s venison? | 不知道 鹿肉是什么? |
[00:09] | – Deer. – What? | – 鹿(deer和dear亲爱的同音) – 怎么? |
[00:11] | – Deer. – What? | – 鹿 – 怎么? |
[00:14] | Deer. D-E-E-R. | “鹿” D-E-E-R |
[00:17] | What? W-H-A-T. | “怎么” W-H-A-T |
[00:21] | What’s wrong with him? | 他什么毛病? |
[00:24] | Jake, it’s… It’s the deer in the forest, like… Like Bambi. | 杰克 是树林里的那个鹿 像斑比那种 |
[00:27] | Oh, cool, let’s eat Bambi. | 太棒了 让我们吃斑比吧! |
[00:30] | Coming soon to pay-per-view. | 接下来请收看付费频道 (暴力血腥) |
[00:38] | Mom, wha…? What are you doing? | 妈 你在干什么? |
[00:41] | – Nothing. | 没干嘛 |
[00:42] | – Oh, that’s stealing. | 那是偷窃 |
[00:44] | Hardly. | 不算吧 |
[00:45] | I’m paying $ 12 for a martini. They’re lucky I don’t take a chair. | 我喝的是12美元一杯的马丁尼 我没拿走张椅子就不错了 |
[00:50] | – You’re paying? – Figure of speech, Charles. | – “你”付账? – 注意口气 查尔斯 |
[00:55] | Can I take this? – No. | – 我能要这个吗? – 不行 |
[00:57] | – Oh, come on. My precious. | 拜托! “我的宝贝!” (魔戒经典台词) |
[01:00] | Put it down. We do not take things that don’t belong to us. | 把那放下 不能拿不属于我们的东西 |
[01:04] | Listen who’s taking the moral high ground, Mr. Five-Finger Discount. | 听听看 谁在高高在上的装模作样啊 三只手先生 |
[01:07] | – What does that mean? | 那话什么意思? |
[01:09] | – It doesn’t mean anything. – How do you want your venison? | 那…那话什么意思也没有 要不你就点刚才说的野味吧 |
[01:11] | – Does it come with antlers? | 他们连鹿角一起上吗 |
[01:14] | Alan, | 艾伦 |
[01:15] | there’s no reason your son can’t learn from your mistakes. | 让你的儿子从你过去的错误中 学到点东西没什么错 |
[01:19] | I didn’t make a mistake, Mom. | 妈 我没犯什么错误 |
[01:20] | Unbelievable. Twenty-five years later…and he still denies shoplifting. | 简直不敢相信 25年后你居然 还否认你曾在商店里行窃 |
[01:26] | Oh, I get it. Five-finger discount. Cool. | 我知道啥是”三只手”了 酷啊 |
[01:29] | I did not shoplift, Jake. It was a misunderstanding. Alan, please. | – 我没偷东西 那是个误会 – 艾伦 拜托 |
[01:34] | Walking around a toy store with your brother… | 你跟你哥在那家玩具店里选购 |
[01:36] | and the Silly Putty just jumped in your pocket? Yes. | – 而那个橡皮泥就跳进了你的口袋? – 没错 |
[01:41] | Not much of a lie, Dad. | 这谎撒得不咋的 老爸 |
[01:45] | Okay, everybody ready to order? | 有谁打算点单了吗? |
[01:47] | Is that why you won’t let me have Silly Putty? | 这就是你不肯帮我买橡皮泥的原因? |
[01:50] | It’s a stupid, pointless toy -But why’d you steal it? | – 那是个愚蠢又无趣的玩具 – 那你干吗还要偷? |
[01:54] | I didn’t. The security guard must have planted it on me to make a bust. | 我没有 肯定是那个保安栽赃陷害 |
[01:58] | Oh, Alan. | 拜托 艾伦 |
[02:00] | Who in their right mind would plant Silly Putty on a 9-year-old boy? | 谁会把橡皮泥栽赃给一个九岁的孩子? |
[02:04] | Who, indeed? | 就是 到底是谁呢 |
[02:07] | – Hey, Jake, you ever eaten snails? – Yeah, sure. | – 杰克 吃过蜗牛吗 – 当然 |
[02:11] | I mean, in a restaurant. | 我是说在餐馆里 |
[02:14] | Oh, no. | 那就没有 |
[02:29] | – You okay? – No. | – 还好吗 – 不 |
[02:31] | That deer didn’t have antlers when I ate it, but it’s sure coming out that way. | 我吃的时候那鹿没角 可我肯定拉出来的时候有 |
[02:37] | Well, you’ll feel better tomorrow. | 明天你会觉得好些的 |
[02:39] | We should sue that restaurant. | 你该告那个餐馆 |
[02:42] | Well, I’ll get right on it. Come on. | 对啊 我会去的 快睡吧 |
[02:46] | – Dad? – Yeah. | – 老爸 – 怎么 |
[02:48] | Did you ever steal a car? | 你偷过汽车吗 |
[02:50] | I never stole anything. | 我从来没偷过任何东西 |
[02:52] | It’s okay. You could tell me. I already know you got a rap sheet. | 没事的 你告诉我好了 我已经知道你有案史了 |
[02:56] | For the last time, I did not take that Silly Putty. | 最后再说一次 我没偷那个橡皮泥 |
[03:00] | But the experience did teach me a very important lesson. | 不过要知道整个经历 教了我重要的一课 |
[03:02] | And you know what that was? | 你知道我学到了什么吗 |
[03:04] | If you get caught, stick to your story, no matter how lame it is? | 一旦被抓 无论你的谎话多蹩脚也要死撑下去? |
[03:08] | – No, the lesson was… – Hang on, Dad. | – 不 学到的是… – 慢着 老爸 |
[03:11] | Okay, go ahead. | 好了 继续 |
[03:13] | The lesson was… | 学到的是… |
[03:16] | Oh, God, Jake. | 老天爷 杰克 |
[03:18] | That’s… That’s awful. | 这样做很不好 |
[03:19] | Yeah, I wish I could have saved that one for school | 我也想留着到学校再放 |
[03:36] | – You too? – Yeah. | – 你也是? – 是啊 |
[03:38] | Apparently Mom wasn’t the only parasite at dinner tonight. | 很显然老妈不是今晚 唯一蹭饭的寄生虫 |
[03:46] | Hey how much do you remember about the whole Silly Putty incident? | 整个橡皮泥事件你还记得多少? |
[03:49] | Oh, gee, not too much. | 没记得多少了 |
[03:53] | I recall you crying when they dragged you into the store manager’s office. | 我就记得你被拖进经理办公室时 |
[03:56] | you crying… | 哇哇大哭 |
[03:58] | Then I went and got a corn dog and an Orange Julius. | 而我进去却得了玉米热狗和橘子汁 |
[04:03] | Boy, those were good. | 老天 那些味道还不错 |
[04:06] | – Remember those? | 还记得吗 |
[04:07] | – No, I mean…did you see me take the Silly Putty? | 我是说 你看见我拿橡皮泥了吗 |
[04:10] | Oh, no, no, I was nowhere near the Silly Putty. | 没没没 我离橡皮泥远着呢 |
[04:14] | I think I was in the doll section, taking a peek under Barbie’s dress. | 我想我当时在娃娃区 在瞄芭比娃娃的裙底风光 |
[04:18] | What a gyp that was. | 那生产商是大骗子 (没啥看头) |
[04:21] | If Jake had been caught shoplifting and told me the story I told… | 要知道 如果杰克顺手牵羊被逮 然后跟我讲我的这个故事 |
[04:25] | there’s no way I’d believe him. | 我也不会信 |
[04:27] | Well, let’s just hope he doesn’t get caught. | 那就让我们祈祷他别被逮住 |
[04:30] | – Can I tell you a little secret? | 我能告诉你个秘密吗 |
[04:32] | – Okay. | 行啊 |
[04:35] | I always knew it wasn’t the security guard. | 我一直都知道 不是那个保安栽赃 |
[04:40] | Really? | 当真? |
[04:43] | There’s only one rational explanation for how the Silly Putty got in my pants. | 橡皮泥怎么进我的裤子的 只有一个合理解释 |
[04:51] | And what would that be? | 这理由将会是? |
[04:57] | That I actually stole it, | 其实是我偷的 |
[04:59] | but my mind couldn’t deal with it. | 可我脑子接受不了 |
[05:04] | So somehow, I blocked it out. | 所以有可能 我选择失忆了 |
[05:09] | The human brain, huh? You gotta love it. | 人脑构造 永远解释不清啊 |
[05:12] | That happens, right? | 我是说有时的确会那样 对吧? |
[05:13] | You do something horrible and wake up with no recollection? | 当你做了什么不好的事 第二天醒来却毫无印象 |
[05:18] | – Oh, yeah. And yet there she is, lying right next to you. | 对啊 “她就在那 睡我旁边” (我却毫无印象) |
[05:23] | You know, that day changed my life. | 要知道 那天改变了我的人生 |
[05:25] | I mean, ever since, I’ve had to be on guard against Bad Alan. | 从那时起我就开始对抗”坏艾伦” |
[05:29] | I’m sorry, “Bad Alan”? | 什么? “坏艾伦” |
[05:32] | Yeah, it’s… It’s what I call my potential for evildoing. | 是啊 我管我的邪恶潜意识就叫这个 |
[05:36] | – Oh, God. | 老天爷 |
[05:38] | – It’s why I’ve always worked so hard… | 所以我才如此努力去做个 |
[05:40] | to be a good son, a good student, a good person. | 好儿子 好学生 好人 |
[05:43] | And you’ve succeeded. You are good, good, good. | 而你的确成功了 你是好! 好! 好! |
[05:48] | Well, sure, I turned out great, | 那倒没错 我的确变得很老实 |
[05:50] | but at what cost? I mean, | 可 花了多大的代价啊 我是说 |
[05:53] | do you have any clue how tightly wrapped | 你知道我有多费劲 |
[05:55] | I’ve had to be to keep Bad Alan in check?. | 才不让”坏艾伦”跳出来吗 |
[06:02] | I get glimpses. | 稍微有点数 |
[06:05] | Well, I suppose I should count my blessings… | 我觉得我还是比较幸运的 |
[06:08] | that I was stopped. | 被及时的逮住了 |
[06:10] | Who knows what kind of monster I would’ve become | 天知道如果我没因为橡皮泥被抓 |
[06:11] | if I hadn’t been caught with the putty…. | 我会变成一个什么样的坏蛋啊 |
[06:14] | But | 但是 |
[06:15] | what if the security guard did plant it on you? | 如果的确是那个保安栽赃陷害 |
[06:18] | That would mean there’s no Bad Alan. | 那就意味着 根本就没什么”坏艾伦” |
[06:21] | That’s true. | 这倒是的 |
[06:23] | But I can’t afford to take that chance. | 可我不敢冒这风险 |
[06:30] | None of us can. | 我们谁都不能 |
[06:41] | He’s fine. | 他没事的 |
[06:48] | Hey, Charlie. | 查理 |
[06:50] | Hey, Rose. | 罗丝 |
[06:53] | Looks like somebody needs a shoulder to cry on. | 看来某人需要个肩膀靠一下了 |
[06:56] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[06:58] | Wanna just make out then? | 那我们直接亲热? |
[07:01] | – Rose… | 罗斯 |
[07:03] | – You’re right. That was out of line. | 你是对的 有点越界了 |
[07:05] | I deserve a spanking. | 我该被打屁屁 |
[07:09] | Okay, what’s up? | 好啦 到底怎么了 |
[07:12] | – Can I trust you with something? | 我能信任你吗 |
[07:14] | – You trust me with your bank account number. | 你可以连银行帐号都给我 |
[07:18] | I never gave you my bank account number. | 我可不是要给你我的银行帐号 |
[07:20] | Right, right. Go on. | 行行 继续 |
[07:24] | – Have you ever done anything so wrong, so horrible…? – Oh, yeah. | – 你有没有做过一些错得离谱的… – 当然 |
[07:30] | – Let me finish. – I’m sorry. | – 让我讲完 – 抱歉 |
[07:33] | Something that seemed harmless at the time… | 有些当时看上去貌似无伤大雅 |
[07:36] | yet somehow managed to mess up someone’s entire life? | 却在无意中毁了别人一生的事 |
[07:39] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[07:41] | I think it’s too early to say. | 我觉得现在回答还太早 |
[07:44] | Go on. | 继续 |
[07:45] | Well, I have. | 其实我 |
[07:47] | Twenty-five years ago, I put Silly Putty in my brother’s pants. | 25年前我把橡皮泥放在我弟的裤兜里 |
[07:51] | Well, if you left it in the egg, it should still be good. | 如果现在还没开封其实还可以用的 |
[07:56] | My point is, everybody thought he stole it… | 我的意思是大家都以为是他偷了 |
[07:59] | and I never told him the truth. | 我从没告诉过他真相 |
[08:01] | Now you’re wracked with guilt… | 而现在你萌生内疚 |
[08:03] | and not sure whether a confession will make things better or worse. | 却不知道向他坦白 会让事情变糟还是变好 |
[08:07] | Yes, exactly. | 没错 就是那么回事 |
[08:09] | That’s a sexy feeling, isn’t it? | 这种感觉很性感 不是吗 |
[08:12] | Come on, Rose. | 拜托 罗斯 |
[08:14] | – You want my advice, Charlie? – God help me, yes. | – 你想要我的建议? 查理 – 上帝保佑 当然 |
[08:18] | Take your secret to the grave… | 把秘密带进坟墓里 |
[08:20] | but leave a manuscript explaining every questionable act… | 但要留一份遗书放在银行保管箱里 |
[08:23] | you’ve committed in a safety-deposit box… | 把你所涉足的悬案全部解释清楚 |
[08:26] | with instructions for it to be opened at your death… | 再写封申明 允许当你死后 |
[08:29] | and read in front of all your friends, relatives and former lovers. | 可以打开箱子 当着所有亲朋好友的面宣读 |
[08:34] | I like it. | 这主意不错 |
[08:37] | Good. | 那就好 |
[08:40] | Now we can relax and enjoy the evening. | 现在你可以放松尽情享受夜晚 |
[08:53] | Sing it with me, Charlie. | 跟着我唱啊 查理 |
[09:07] | 3 4 5 6 7… Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:09] | – Are you decent? – Yeah. | – 你没事吧 – 没事 |
[09:11] | 3 4 5 6 7… Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:15] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[09:17] | – Nothing. Just came in to say good night. | 没事 不过进来道声晚安 |
[09:19] | 3 4 5 6 7… – Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:22] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:25] | 3 4 5 6 7… Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:27] | Nothing. You just seemed stressed out before, and I was concerned. | 没啥 不过之前你看上去有点焦虑 我有点担心 |
[09:32] | Oh, thanks. You’re a… You’re a good brother. | 谢谢 你真是个好哥哥 |
[09:35] | 3 4 5 6 7… Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:39] | You do that every night? | 你每个晚上都这么做? |
[09:41] | Are you kidding? After every meal. | 开什么玩笑 是每次吃完饭 |
[09:43] | 3 4 5 6 7… Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[09:45] | You are tightly wrapped, aren’t you? | 你的确是把自己彻底封起来了 对吧 |
[09:48] | The price of healthy gums is eternal vigilance. | 牙好的代价是永远警惕 |
[09:54] | Oh, God, I can’t do this anymore. | 老天爷 我是真的没法做下去了 |
[09:59] | – Do what? | 做什么 |
[10:00] | – I have to tell you something. | 我得告诉你点事 |
[10:03] | – Okay. | 行啊 |
[10:04] | – Come on out in the bedroom.- All right. | – 来吧 艾伦 别在卧室里呆着 – 行啊 |
[10:11] | – What you doing? – You’ll understand in a minute. | – 你在干嘛 – 一会儿你就知道了 |
[10:14] | – I thought you had to tell me something. – I do. | – 我还以为你要跟我说什么 – 我是要说 |
[10:18] | There is no Bad Alan. | 根本没什么”坏艾伦” |
[10:21] | I stole the Silly Putty and put it in your pocket when you weren’t looking. | 是我偷了橡皮泥 然后趁你没注意放进了你口袋里 |
[10:25] | 3 4 5 6 7… – Three, four, five, six, seven. | |
[10:26] | – Damn you to hell! | 诅咒你下地狱去! |
[10:30] | Come out here and die like a man! | 快出来像个男人样领死! |
[10:33] | What do you know, | 我知道啥 |
[10:34] | there is a Bad Alan. | 还真是有”坏艾伦” |
[10:40] | Hey, Dad, when you got arrested for shoplifting, did they take you to jail? | 老爸 你偷东西被逮捕的时候 他们送你去监狱了吗 |
[10:44] | I did not get arrested, and there was no jail. | 我没有被捕 也没去什么监狱 |
[10:48] | So I guess you never had to shank a guy to get your props in the yard. | 那我猜你也没靠捅别人刀子来树立威信了 |
[10:54] | You cracked the parental code on the cable box again. | 你又破解了有线电视的家长锁台密码 对吧 |
[10:57] | It’s 1-2-3-4. A monkey could crack that. | 是1234 连猴子都能破解 |
[11:07] | – Good morning. – Morning. | – 早安 – 早安 |
[11:09] | Why are you walking like that? | 干嘛那么走路 |
[11:11] | I spent the night in the bathroom. | 我在厕所里熬了一宿 |
[11:14] | You too, huh? | 你也是啊(拉肚子) |
[11:19] | Tell Jake what you told me last night. | 告诉杰克你昨晚跟我说的话 |
[11:22] | Oh, okay. Sure. | 好啊 行啊 没问题 |
[11:25] | – Jake, your father didn’t steal the Silly Putty.- I did. | 杰克 你爸没偷橡皮泥 是我偷的 |
[11:29] | – Really? | 真的? |
[11:30] | Yeah, I stuck it in his pocket, | 是我放在他口袋里的 |
[11:32] | so if anything happened he’d be the one to get in trouble. | 如果有人发现 有麻烦的就会是他 |
[11:36] | What do you think now, Jake? | 你现在觉得怎样 杰克 |
[11:38] | I think Uncle Charlie’s a genius. | 我觉得查理叔叔是天才 |
[11:42] | What? No, no. No genius. No, no. | 什么 不 不 不是什么天才 |
[11:44] | I mean, it’s the perfect crime. How did you think of that? | 这可是完美犯罪 你怎么想到的 |
[11:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:50] | I saw the putty. Your dad was wearing those dorky chinos with the big pockets. | 我看到了那个橡皮泥 你爸当时又正好穿那种大口袋的棉布裤 |
[11:53] | – And a light just went off in my head… – Charlie. | – 于是我灵光一现 – 查理 |
[11:57] | A bad light. A bad, evil light. Because stealing is wrong… | 邪光 邪光一现 因为偷东西是不好的 |
[12:01] | …and letting somebody else take the blame for it is worse. | 让别人替你背黑锅就更不对了 你懂了吗 |
[12:05] | Yeah, so Dad was like a decoy. | 懂了 我爸就像一个诱饵 |
[12:10] | Well, technically, the term is “mule.” | 技术层面上讲 黑话应该叫骡子 |
[12:12] | – Mule? Why? – Because he carries stuff. | 骡子? 为什么? 因为他运东西 |
[12:14] | – Oh, of course… | 对 当然 |
[12:16] | – Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[12:20] | The important thing is, your father never stole in his life. | 最重要的是你老爸这辈子从来没有偷过东西 |
[12:23] | And your Uncle Charlie is a thief and a coward. | 而你查理叔叔既是小偷又是懦夫 |
[12:26] | Yeah, but you’re a mule. | 是啊 可你是骡子 |
[12:30] | Are you happy? Go get dressed and washed. | 这下你高兴了? 穿上衣服刷牙去 |
[12:33] | – Can we go to the mall? – Why do you wa…? No. | – 我们去百货商场吗 – 为什么你想… 不去! |
[12:37] | I need to get a different mule. | 我得另外找一头骡子了 |
[12:41] | Okay, can we please get past this? | 我们这事就算结了 行不行 |
[12:44] | No. No, we can’t. | 不行 |
[12:46] | I feel betrayed and hurt | 我感到被背叛了而且很受伤 |
[12:49] | in ways that I can’t even express. | 这种痛苦甚至无法用语言来表达 |
[12:51] | And you think we can just dance past that? | 你以为我们能跨着舞步就跳过去了 |
[12:53] | I was hoping. | 我希望如此 |
[12:55] | Well, I am sorry, but it is not that easy. | 我很抱歉 但是没有这么容易 |
[12:58] | I mean, thanks to you, my… My life has been twisted beyond recognition. | 我是想说 正是由于拜你所赐 我的生活一团糟 |
[13:02] | I mean, look at me, Charlie. | 看看我 查理 |
[13:04] | I’m a… I’m a broke, hopelessly neurotic, middle-aged man… | 我是一个破了产的绝望的神经病 到了而立之年… |
[13:07] | who doesn’t know who he is or where he belongs. | 还不了解自己 也不知道何去何从 |
[13:10] | I have nothing, Charlie. No… No wife, no home, nothing | 我一无所有 查理 没老婆 没家 一无所有 |
[13:14] | – Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:18] | So should I check back with you after lunch? | 那我们午饭后再谈? |
[13:25] | I said I was sorry. | 你想我怎么做了 艾伦 我说了对不起了 |
[13:28] | l… I confessed to Jake. | 我也向杰克坦白了 |
[13:30] | And I doubt I got more than six, seven hours sleep last night. | 而且昨晚我都没睡几个小时 |
[13:33] | Nothing you can do. The damage has been done. | 你什么也做不了 苦酒已酿成 覆水难收 |
[13:37] | – It can’t be undone. – Come on, – You’re gonna forgive. You always do | 拜托 我是你大哥啊 你最终总是会原谅我的 |
[13:41] | No, no, this is different.- This is the worst thing you’ve ever done. | 不不 这次不一样 这是你对我所做的最坏的事 |
[13:44] | – No, it’s not. | 不 这个不是 |
[13:47] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:51] | Just making conversation. | 只是随便说说 |
[13:58] | – Hey, Mom. – Charlie, what are you doing here? | – 嗨 妈 – 查理 你在这儿做什么 |
[14:01] | – In the neighborhood. Thought I’d visit. – Why? | – 正好到了附近 就过来看看 – 为什么 |
[14:07] | – I don’t know. I’m your son. – And…? | – 不知道 因为我是你儿子? – 还因为… |
[14:11] | – And I was hoping we could talk. – About? | – 还因为我希望我们能谈谈? – 关于… |
[14:17] | May I please just come in? | 能不能先进来再说 |
[14:19] | Are you fleeing from the law? | 你现在正在躲警察吧? |
[14:23] | – I’m not fleeing from anyone, Mom. | 我谁也没躲 妈 |
[14:25] | Well, keep it in mind. | 没事 不用再说了 |
[14:26] | No one would ever think to look for you at your mother’s house. | 没有人会想到你会躲在你妈家里 |
[14:31] | I get your point. I don’t visit enough. | 我承认你说的对 我的确来的不够多 |
[14:33] | You don’t visit at all. | 你是根本就没来过 |
[14:35] | And I’m riddled with guilt. | 是 我一生全是罪孽 |
[14:37] | Oh, you’re just saying that to make me feel better. | 你刚才说的那些让我好过多了 |
[14:41] | So, what’s up? | 什么事 |
[14:43] | You know how the other night at dinner… | 你知道 前几天晚上 |
[14:45] | we were talking about the Silly Putty deal? | 吃晚饭时我们谈到关于橡皮泥那事 |
[14:49] | Did that venison disagree with you? | 你吃那鹿肉没感觉不舒服? |
[14:52] | Yeah, that’s not what I came to talk about. | 好吧 这次我来不是谈这个的 |
[14:55] | I’ve got a good mind to sue that restaurant | 我很想告那家餐厅 |
[14:59] | – Yeah, anyway, about the Silly Putty… | 关于那橡皮泥 |
[15:02] | – What about it? | 怎么了 |
[15:04] | Alan didn’t steal it. | 艾伦没偷 |
[15:06] | I did. | 是我干的 |
[15:08] | I put it in his pocket. | 我放在他口袋里的 |
[15:10] | You framed your baby brother? | 你陷害你亲弟弟? |
[15:16] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[15:17] | I know, I know. It was a rotten thing to do. | 我知道 我干了件错事 |
[15:21] | Rotten? It’s unspeakable. | 错事? 简直难以启齿 |
[15:24] | Do you have any idea what you put me through? | 你到底知不知道这事让我有多惨? |
[15:29] | – You? – First the embarrassment… | – 你? – 首先 你让我难堪 |
[15:32] | …of people thinking that I’d spawned a petty thief. | 大家都觉得我生了个贼 |
[15:35] | Then all the trouble I went to trying to figure out clever ways… | 然后我还得想尽办法 |
[15:38] | to hide my jewelry from his sticky little fingers. | 不让那个小三只手知道我的首饰都藏在哪儿 |
[15:41] | – That’s really not what l… | 妈 拜托 我想说的是… |
[15:44] | – Not to mention the hundreds of hours… | 更别提花了数百小时送他 |
[15:47] | spent driving him to therapy with that creepy Dr. Demerest… | 去看那个猥琐的Demerest医生 |
[15:50] | while I could have been… I don’t know, doing something fun. | 那时就正值我风华正茂 是应该做些… |
[16:27] | You know, I’m starting to wonder that myself. | 是啊 我也开始问我自己了 |
[16:31] | I guess it’s because he still loves you… | 我想是因为他还爱你吧 |
[16:34] | despite all the lousy stuff you did to him. | 尽管你对他做了很多坏事 |
[16:36] | I beg your pardon? I was a wonderful mother. | 你说什么? 我是个很出色的妈妈 |
[16:40] | And if Alan thinks otherwise… | 如果艾伦不这么认为 那只能是因为 |
[16:42] | it’s only because that walleyed Dr. Demerest put ideas into his head. | 那个翻白眼的Demerest医生给他灌的脑 |
[16:47] | Well, that was money well spent. | 丫的 这钱花得真值 |
[16:52] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[16:53] | I didn’t need a reason to drink tonight, but it’s nice to know I’ve got one. | 我今晚本来没有理由灌醉我自己的 但是现在有了 |
[16:58] | Hey, Charlie, wait. | 查理 等一下 |
[17:00] | – What? – Have you forgotten why you came here? | – 怎么了 – 你忘了你来这儿是为了什么 |
[17:03] | You want forgiveness, right? | 你要想谅解 不是吗 |
[17:06] | – Yes. – Well… | – 是的 – 好吧 |
[17:07] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[17:18] | But next time, call first. | 但是下次来之前 先打电话 |
[17:32] | Would you pass the salt? | 能把盐递过来一下吗 |
[17:37] | Could you get me the salt? | 能把盐给我吗 |
[17:40] | – Dad, salt. – Sure. | – 老爸 盐 – 好的 |
[17:43] | – Here. | 给 |
[17:45] | – Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[17:48] | Oh, would you give me the ketchup, please? | 能把蕃茄酱递给我一下吗 |
[17:50] | Here. Here’s the ketchup. | 给 这儿 蕃茄酱 |
[17:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:01] | – Dad? – Yeah. | – 老爸 – 啥事 |
[18:03] | If Uncle Charlie let you kick him in the nuts would that make you guys even? | 如果查理叔叔让你踢他小弟弟 你们能不能算扯平了 |
[18:07] | No. | 不能 |
[18:09] | Boy, he’s really mad at you. | 老天 他真的生你气了 |
[18:12] | Relax, Jake. We’re just having a little communication problem. | 放松些 杰克 我们只是在交流上有些问题 |
[18:16] | That’s what Dad said right before Mom threw him out. | 我妈赶他出来之前 她也是这么说的 |
[18:19] | Nobody threw me out. | 没有人赶我出来 |
[18:20] | Your mother and I mutually decided that we weren’t compatible. | 你妈和我只是觉得双方不适合 |
[18:23] | You don’t seem compatible with Uncle Charlie right now. | 现在看来你和查理叔叔也不适合 |
[18:26] | – Well, it’s not my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[18:27] | – Was it your fault with Mom? | 那和我妈的问题上 是你的错吗 |
[18:30] | No. | 不是 |
[18:33] | You know, Dad, maybe you’re the one who’s not compatible. | 你知道吗 老爸 也许没有人能和你适合 |
[18:39] | If you’re done with dinner, do your homework. | 杰克 吃完的话就快去做作业 |
[18:41] | Fine | 好的 |
[18:42] | kill the messenger. | 带话人都被杀了 |
[18:47] | – Oh, come on, Alan. Talk to me. – No. | – 拜托 艾伦 我们好好谈谈 – 不行 |
[18:50] | Look, I wanna make this right, but you gotta help me. | 我很想和好 你得帮帮我 |
[18:54] | Please, tell me what I can do. I’m begging for your forgiveness. | 拜托 告诉我该怎么做 我在乞求你的原谅了 |
[18:57] | I am sorry, but you did something… | 我很抱歉 但你所做的事 |
[18:59] | which affected my life in a deeply destructive way and… | 对我的生活造成了破坏性的影响 并且… |
[19:04] | l… I don’t think I have it in me to forgive you. | 我不认为我能原谅你 |
[19:06] | – Hello? Anybody home? | hello 有人在家吗 |
[19:09] | – In here, Mom. | 在这儿了 妈 |
[19:12] | Well, how are my boys doing this evening? | 今晚过得怎么样 孩子们 |
[19:20] | Well, I think Mommy has the answer. Alan… | 那么 我想妈妈有个办法 艾伦 |
[19:24] | if you find it intolerable living under the same roof… | 如果你觉得不能忍受和背叛了你的哥哥 |
[19:28] | with the brother who betrayed you… | 同住在一个屋檐下 |
[19:32] | then you and Jake can come and live with me. | 那么你和杰克可以搬来和我一起住 |
[19:41] | -We’re good. – Well… | – 我们和好了 – 好吧 |
[19:50] | Hey, Charlie, | 查理 |
[19:51] | a couple of days ago… | 几天前你说 |
[19:53] | you said the Silly Putty wasn’t the worst thing you ever did to me. | 那个橡皮泥不是你对我做的最坏的一件事 |
[19:57] | It’s ancient history. Let it go. | 拜托 艾伦 多少年的事了 别提了 |
[19:59] | I know, I know. It’s just… I’m curious. | 我知道 只是有点好奇 |
[20:02] | What else have you done to me that I didn’t know about? | 你对我还做了什么我都不知道的事 |
[20:05] | – It’s not important. – Yes, it is. | – 这不重要 – 不 很重要 |
[20:07] | The truth about the shoplifting incident… | 知道偷窃那件事的真相后 |
[20:09] | it’s allowed me to reevaluate who I am… | 让我重新审视了我自己 |
[20:14] | and… And feel better about myself. | 也让我好过多了 |
[20:15] | – Well, that’s great. – Yeah.I feel a lot better since I confessed. | 那太好了 老实说 坦白后我也感觉好过多了 |
[20:18] | Good, good. So let’s keep going with this. | 很好 很好 那我们继续 |
[20:21] | Okay | 好吧 |
[20:22] | but you gotta promise that no matter what I tell you, all is forgiven. | 但是你必须能保证 无论我说了什么 你都会原谅我 |
[20:25] | Oh, absolutely, absolutely. | 当然 当然 |
[20:28] | You’re probably gonna laugh. | 你可能会笑 |
[20:30] | – I’m sure I will. Tell me. | 我想也是 告诉我 |
[20:34] | – remember how you were a bed wetter till you were 8? – Yeah. | – 你还记得你到8岁时还在尿床吗 – 是的 |
[20:40] | You actually stopped at 6. | 其实你到6岁时就不尿床了 |
[20:46] | What…? What…? What did you do? | 什么 什么 你干了什么 |
[20:48] | Did you sneak into my room and…? | 你溜进我的房间 趁我熟睡时 |
[20:50] | And…? And pour warm water on me while I was asleep? | 把温水浇在我身上? |
[20:54] | Yeah, okay, let’s say it was water, | 是的 好吧 就当那是”温水” |
[20:57] | and let’s say I poured it. | 就当是”浇”在你身上的 |
[21:02] | Well, I feel better. How about you? | 我感觉好过多了 你呢 |