时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Can’t we just go home? | 我们就不能直接回家吗 |
[00:03] | If I gotta drag you to the doctor at 8 in the morning | 既然是我早晨8点要带你去看眼科 |
[00:06] | you can cool your jets while I get coffee. | 你就在我喝咖啡时不要着急 |
[00:08] | I must look like an idiot. | 我看起来肯定像个白痴 |
[00:10] | Wish I could tell you different. | 我真希望告诉你不是 |
[00:12] | You’re the reason we went to the eye doctor in the first place. | 拜托 你可是让我去看眼科的罪魁祸首 |
[00:15] | You said, “Throw me a piece of toast.” | 是你说丢片烤面包给我 |
[00:19] | I threw you a piece of toast. | 我就丢了片烤面包给你 |
[00:22] | Two cups of regular coffee, please. | 两杯咖啡谢谢 |
[00:24] | My treat. | 我请客 |
[00:25] | Oh, that makes up for everything. | 这样就算补偿我了是吧 |
[00:27] | Pigeons can feed out of my eye socket, but I get a free cup of coffee. | 鸽子可以从我眼窝里啄食 而我就得到一杯咖啡而已 |
[00:32] | Just the coffee. Keep the change. | 把咖啡给我 不用找了 |
[00:35] | I’m gonna need your help until I get this patch off. | 在我摘下眼罩前得需要你的帮忙 |
[00:38] | I am absolutely there for you. | 我绝对会鼎力相助 |
[00:43] | Great. | 好极了 |
[00:50] | So you’ll drive me to work, pick me up, | 那么你要载我去上班 接我下班 |
[00:52] | get Jake at school do the grocery shopping | 接杰克放学 买杂货 |
[00:55] | Okay, I may have misspoken. | 好了伙计 当我刚才没说过 |
[00:57] | Charlie, you have to. You know I can’t drive. | 查理 你必须去 你知道我没办法开车 |
[01:05] | I don’t see why not. | 我可看不出来 为何不呢 |
[01:09] | – Oh, look who’s here. – Who? | – 看谁在那呢 – 谁? |
[01:12] | A girl I used to go out with. Over there. | 我交往过的一个女孩 那边 |
[01:15] | Hey, Sherri. | 雪莉 |
[01:17] | – Hey, Charlie, long time. | 查理 好久不见 |
[01:19] | – Yeah. Good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[01:20] | – This is my brother, Alan. | 这是我弟弟艾伦 |
[01:22] | – Hi. – What happened to your eye? | – 你好 – 你眼睛怎么了? |
[01:24] | Well, I wanted a piece of toast, and… | 我想要一片烤面包… |
[01:27] | Bar fight. | 酒吧里打架 |
[01:30] | – Nice to meet you. – Well, nice meeting you too. | – 见到你很高兴 – 我也是 |
[01:32] | – Good to see you, Charlie. – Good to see you too. | – 见到你很开心 查理 – 我也是 |
[01:37] | – Wow, you went out with her? – Yep. | 你和她交往过? |
[01:40] | Why would you stop? | 干吗分手? |
[01:42] | I don’t remember. I probably got bored. | 记不清了 大概是觉得烦了 |
[01:45] | Bored? How do you get bored with that? | 烦了? 和她那样的女人怎么会烦? |
[01:47] | For every beautiful woman, | 艾伦 对于世界上的每个漂亮女人 |
[01:48] | there’s at least one guy out there… | 至少有一个男的受够了 |
[01:50] | …who’s tired of pretending to listen to her in exchange for sex. | 为了和她上床而装着愿意听她唠叨 |
[01:54] | Well, let me go on record as saying, I am not that guy. | 那我得声明我可不是那个男的 |
[01:57] | If I ever had a woman like that, | 如果我有机会和那样的女人交往 |
[01:59] | I would cherish her. | 我会珍惜她 |
[02:00] | I would worship her. | 膜拜她 |
[02:02] | I would start a small country and put her face on a stamp | 我会建立一个国家 用她的头像制成邮票 |
[02:05] | so I could lick her head. | 这样就能天天舔她的脸了 |
[02:07] | – Why don’t you go talk to her. | 那你不如去和她聊聊? |
[02:09] | – Yeah, right. | 得了吧 查理 |
[02:10] | Gorgeous women like that are not interested in pasty guys like me… | 那种俏佳人绝不会 对我这样的小白脸感兴趣的 |
[02:13] | …unless we’re in line for the British throne. | 除非我们是英国皇室继承人 |
[02:16] | – So you give up without even trying? | 那你都不试试就直接放弃了? |
[02:18] | – Yep. That’s my motto. | 对 这是我的座右铭 |
[02:20] | Why waste time on 10s when you’re already getting rejected by sixes? | “当你已经被恐龙拒绝过后 为什么还要在美女身上自讨苦吃” |
[02:24] | Alan, listen to me. You are a smart, sensitive, good-Iooking man… | 艾伦 听我说 你是个聪明又感性的帅小伙 |
[02:28] | …with some milky discharge coming out of one eye… | 虽然一只眼睛流脓… |
[02:31] | …but who amongst us is perfect? | 但谁又能是完美的呢 |
[02:33] | That’s the other thing. Look at me. I’m a mess. | 正如你所说的 看看我 我一团糟 |
[02:35] | So? Women like Sherri have big, hunky guys hitting on them all day long. | 像雪莉这样的女人 整天都被猛男追寻 |
[02:39] | A guy like you walks up, makes a move, | 但艾伦像你这样的人 走过去和她搭讪 |
[02:41] | you know what that says to her? | 知道这对她说明了什么吗 |
[02:43] | Trick or treat? | “不给糖就捣蛋”? (万圣节小孩要糖果说的话) |
[02:46] | It says, “I’m confident in who I am.” | 说明”我对自己充满信心” |
[02:50] | – You think? – I know. | – 你这么想吗 – 我当然知道 |
[02:52] | So, what if she’s not interested. | 就算她对你没兴趣又怎么样? |
[02:53] | What’s the worst that could happen? | 做最坏的打算 她说不 |
[02:55] | Actually, the worst that could happen is she points at me… | 事实上最糟糕的情况会是 她指着我 |
[02:59] | …and laughs, causing every seventh grader in the cafeteria to turn… | 然后哈哈大笑 使得食堂里 所有7年级生都转过头来 |
[03:03] | …and watch me slink back to the geek table… | 看着我像一个杂耍的小丑 |
[03:05] | …with a growing wet spot on the front of my chinos. | 裤子上有块还在逐渐加大的湿痕 |
[03:08] | We ninth graders enjoyed it also. | 9年级生也一定会觉得很好笑 |
[03:11] | But you’re not in junior high anymore, and you’re not a… | 但你现在不再是初中生了 你不再是… |
[03:15] | You’re not in junior high anymore. | 你不再是初中生了 |
[03:18] | – It’s time to let go of those fears. | 是时候丢掉那些青春期的恐惧了 |
[03:19] | – I don’t know. | – 我不知道 |
[03:20] | Oh, come on, Alan. | – 拜托 艾伦 |
[03:22] | For once in your life, don’t settle. Go for what you really want. | 一生就这一次 别放弃 去追求你想要的东西吧 |
[03:29] | You know what? You’re right. I’m gonna go talk to her. | 你说的没错 我要过去和她搭讪 |
[03:33] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[03:34] | Let’s clean some of that discharge. | 把这边擦下 |
[03:37] | You wanna say “I’m confident,” not “I’m infectious.” | 你想说的是我充满自信 而不是我被病毒所染 |
[03:42] | There. Go get her. | 好了 上吧 |
[03:48] | Hey, you see that guy over there? Twenty bucks says he wets himself. | 看到那边那个人了吗 我赌20块他会尿裤子 |
[04:13] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 我是艾伦 |
[04:15] | – Alan? – I remember. | – 我记得 |
[04:18] | Look, I needed to come clean about something. | 听着 我得澄清点事实 |
[04:22] | I wasn’t actually in a bar fight. | 我并没有喝醉酒打架 |
[04:26] | I took a piece of whole-wheat toast to the eye. | 我眼睛被一片全麦烤面包砸中了 |
[04:29] | I mean, it was cut diagonally and toasted well… | 它被沿对角线切开 而且烤得很脆 |
[04:32] | …so it was essentially shrapnel. | 简直是颗流弹 |
[04:37] | Did some real damage. | 造成了重创 |
[04:39] | I see. And why do you feel the need to tell me all this? | 我明白了 可是你为什么要和我说这些? |
[04:42] | Well, I guess I didn’t want our relationship to start on a lie. | 我不想让我们的缘分由谎言开始 |
[04:46] | Our relationship? | 我们的缘分? |
[04:48] | – I’ll go now. – No, no, wait. | – 我要闪了 – 不 等等 |
[04:51] | Sit down. Join me. | 陪我聊会 |
[04:54] | Okay. | 那好 |
[05:28] | – That’s it. I’m out. | “出 出来 今晚出…” |
[05:33] | You got a date. Leave it alone. | 不了 你有约会了 消停会吧 |
[05:35] | Not just a date. A date with… | 不只是个简单的约会 是和”雪…莉”的约会 |
[05:41] | Enough. | 够了 |
[05:43] | – I’d think you’d be happy for me. | 我以为你会为我高兴 |
[05:45] | – I am happy for you. | 我是为你高兴 |
[05:46] | You had the courage to walk over with your pus-filled eye | 你眼睛流着脓也能有勇气走过去 |
[05:49] | and fall on your ass | 摔了一屁墩 |
[05:51] | and still got a date with one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever met. | 却仍然约到了 我交往过的最美丽的女人 |
[05:55] | – I’m not only happy for you, I’m proud. – Thank you. | – 不只是为你高兴 简直为你骄傲 – 谢谢 |
[05:58] | Now, I have to re-evaluate everything I thought I knew… | 当然我现在得重新评估 我以为我知道的一切 |
[06:01] | …about men, women, relationships, God and the universe. | 男女之间的关系 还有上帝和宇宙 |
[06:06] | But that’s not your problem. | 但那和你没关系 |
[06:08] | Charlie, I am as surprised as you that she said yes. | 查理 她同意的时候我和你一样吃惊 |
[06:12] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[06:14] | I was really intimidated, | 我开始真是吓坏了 |
[06:15] | but as it turns out, she’s just like a regular person… | 但后来发现她也只是个普通人 |
[06:18] | …except for, you know, being from the planet: | 除了她来自”火辣辣”星球 |
[06:24] | Alan, never do that around me again. | 艾伦 以后不要在我面前那样 |
[06:27] | You know, actually, we have a lot in common. | 事实上 我们有很多共同点 |
[06:31] | Okay. I’ll bite. | 好吧 洗耳恭听 |
[06:33] | Well, we both went through tough divorces. | 我们都亲眼见识了婚姻的失败 |
[06:35] | – Sherri was married? – You didn’t know that? | – 雪莉结过婚? – 你不知道吗 |
[06:38] | – It never came up. – What did come up? | – 她没提过 – 那她提过什么? |
[06:41] | Never mind. Scratch that. | 算了 当我没说过 |
[06:43] | Where should I take her to dinner? | 我应该带她上哪吃晚饭? |
[06:45] | Where did you go so I can take her somewhere else? | 事实上你都带她去过哪 那样我们可以去别的地方 |
[06:47] | Last thing you want is for her to start comparing you to me. | 好主意 你最不想让她拿你和我做比较 |
[06:51] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[06:53] | Wait. | 等等 |
[06:55] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[06:57] | You want your relationship to stand on its own. | – 你想让你和她的感情独立发展? |
[07:00] | – Right. | – 是的 |
[07:00] | – Well, that’s what I meant. | 那就是我的意思 |
[07:02] | Okay. I thought you were trying to rub my nose in the fact that you dated her. | 我以为你会 拿你先约她的事实来打击我 |
[07:07] | Alan, I would never do that. | – 艾伦 我永远不会那样做 |
[07:10] | Well, thank you. | – 谢谢 |
[07:12] | I don’t have to. | 因为没必要 |
[07:18] | You think you could kill a guy with a piece of toast? | 你觉得你能不能用烤面包杀人? |
[07:21] | No. | 不能 |
[07:22] | Because if you did, you could eat the toast. | 如果你真用它杀了人 你可以把烤面包给吃了 |
[07:24] | The police would never find the weapon. It’s the perfect crime. | 警察永远也找不到凶器 绝对是完美犯罪 |
[07:28] | And part of a nutritious breakfast. | 那可是早餐营养的一部分 |
[07:31] | Okay, guys, I guess I’ll see you later. | 好了伙计们 晚些见了 |
[07:34] | Where you going? | 你要去哪? |
[07:36] | – Out for dinner. – With who? | – 外出晚饭 – 和谁? |
[07:40] | Jake, look, I think… | 杰克 听着 |
[07:43] | I think you’re old enough to know that your dad’s not just a dad. | 我觉得你够大了 应该明白 爸爸不仅仅是爸爸 |
[07:47] | He’s also a man | 我也是个男人 |
[07:48] | and that even though I’m not married to your mom… | 尽管我和你妈妈离婚了 |
[07:52] | I still enjoy the company of women… | 我依然喜欢和女孩子在一起 |
[07:55] | which means that I will occasionally go out with one. | 那就意味着我会隔三差五的 和别人出去约会 |
[07:59] | But the important thing for you to understand… | 但是你要理解的是 |
[08:02] | is that I am not trying to replace your mother. | 我不会拿谁取代你妈 |
[08:05] | In fact, no one can replace your mother. | 实际上谁也不能取代她 |
[08:09] | I bet you could kill a guy with a piece of bacon. | 我打赌你可以拿一块熏肉来杀人 |
[08:15] | All right, then. I’m glad we had this talk. | 那好吧 很开心我们能聊会 |
[08:18] | I’m gonna go post my plan on the Internet. | 我要把我的计划发布到网上 |
[08:23] | You know, there’s moments around here .that make me wish I had a son of my own. | 有时候你让我想要个孩子 |
[08:28] | That wasn’t one of them. | 那刚才那会绝对不是 |
[08:31] | Yeah, well. Anyway, I really appreciate you watching him tonight. | 不管怎样 我很感谢你今晚照顾他 |
[08:34] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[08:38] | – How you getting to the restaurant? – Sherri’s picking me up. | – 你要怎么去餐厅? – 雪莉会来接我 |
[08:42] | – Very convenient. | 这倒很省事 |
[08:43] | – Why? | 为什么 |
[08:43] | Because she’s been here before? Been here with you? | 因为她以前也来过这里吗 |
[08:46] | Because you’ve had sex with her in every room in the house? | 因为她以前和你交往过? 因为你们在每个房间都做过? |
[08:49] | No, because you can’t drive. | 不 因为你开不了车 |
[08:52] | But it’s interesting to see how your mind works. | 不过你脑袋瓜转得挺快的嘛 |
[08:58] | Alan, let me give you some advice. | 艾伦 我给你些建议 |
[09:02] | Alcohol impairs your ability to make good decisions. | 酒精会削弱你决策的能力 |
[09:07] | We don’t want you to lose that ability. We want her to. | 你不能失去那个能力 但她要失去 |
[09:12] | Of course. Very good. | 当然了 很好 |
[09:14] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[09:16] | Well, women like Sherri already know they’re beautiful and desirable. | 像雪莉那样的女人已经知道 自己美得别人都想占有她 |
[09:19] | – You won’t score points by telling her. | 你夸赞她那些绝对没用 |
[09:22] | – Okay. | – 好 |
[09:23] | Don’t be in a hurry to spill your guts. | – 不要急着展现自己 |
[09:25] | She doesn’t need your life story… | 她没必要在吃沙拉前 |
[09:27] | before you get the salad. – Got it. | – 就听你讲述自己的一生 – 明白了 |
[09:29] | As someone who knows your life story, I’d say she doesn’t need to hear it at all | 从一个知情者的角度来说 我认为她一点都没兴趣听 |
[09:33] | Right, right. I’ll be cool, aloof, distant. | 对 我会保持冷静 故意冷淡 保持距离感 |
[09:37] | She’s here, she’s here, she’s here! | 她来了她来了 |
[09:43] | What about the… What… What… | 对了… |
[09:47] | What about the kiss goodnight? | 怎么做晚安吻别? |
[09:49] | – Should I ask or just go for it? | 我该先问问还是主动上? |
[09:50] | – Go for it. | 一定要主动上 |
[09:51] | Don’t wait until the last minute. | 但不要等到最后一秒才出动 |
[09:53] | It creates pressure. | 那样会制造太多压力 |
[09:54] | – Get it out of the way early. | 早点送出你的吻 |
[09:55] | – How early? | 多早? |
[09:56] | After dinner, when you walk to the car… | 吃完晚饭后 你们向她的车走去 |
[09:58] | open her door, wait for her to say thank you… | 替她开车门 等她说谢谢 |
[10:01] | smile, lean in, and kiss her. | 微笑 向前倾 然后吻她 |
[10:04] | Oh, nice. | 太赞了 |
[10:13] | Hi, Alan. You ready? | 艾伦 准备好了吗 |
[10:15] | You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, and I don’t deserve you. | 你是我见过最美丽的女人 而我根本配不上你 |
[10:21] | That’s another way to go. | 这也是一招儿 |
[10:29] | – Madam. – Thank you. | – 女士 – 谢谢 |
[10:34] | – Sir. – Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:41] | – Would you like the wine list? – No. | – 需要看下酒单吗 – 不用了 |
[10:42] | I’ll have the Woodbridge Pinot Noir. | 我要一杯”木桥”产的 “黑品诺”葡萄酒好了 |
[10:44] | Or should we get a bottle? | 还是我们要一瓶? |
[10:46] | Oh, definitely get a bottle. | 一定要一瓶 |
[10:48] | Coffee for me. | 给我来点咖啡 |
[10:54] | You know, Sherri, I’d really like to see more of you. | 雪莉 我真的想多看看你 |
[10:58] | Maybe we should wait and see how tonight goes. | 也许我们可以等等看 今晚进展如何 |
[11:00] | No, I mean, I’ve only got one good eye. Could we change places? | 不 我是说我只有一只眼睛是好的 我们可以换个位置吗 |
[11:04] | Oh, sure. | 当然可以了 |
[11:17] | – Are you okay? – Oh, yes, yes. Fine. | – 你没事吧? – 没事没事 |
[11:20] | – This is a nice place. – Yeah. | – 这真是个好地方 |
[11:22] | It’s my favorite. | – 是我最喜欢的 |
[11:25] | You ever come here with Charlie? | 和查理来过吗 |
[11:27] | I don’t know. Probably. | 不知道 可能来过吧 |
[11:30] | He’s a big steak-eater. | 他喜欢吃牛排 |
[11:33] | I’m more of a fish guy. | 而我喜欢吃鱼 |
[11:35] | You know, I’m surf, he’s turf. | 我是海浪 他是草皮 |
[11:39] | And we’re cops. | 我们还是条子 |
[11:43] | – You’re very cute. – You too. | – 你真可爱 – 你也是 |
[11:48] | All right. So tell me about yourself. | 说说你自己吧 |
[11:50] | Well, there’s not a lot to tell. | 没有多少好说的 |
[11:54] | I was San Fernando Valley Chiropractor of the Year… | 我是圣费尔南多谷年度最佳按摩师 |
[11:56] | if you follow that kind of thing. | 如果你关注那方面消息的话 |
[11:58] | Recently divorced. | 最近离婚了 |
[12:00] | But not too recently. | 但也有一段时间了 |
[12:01] | I’ve already had my rebound, transitional relationships. | 我已经经历了过渡感情期 |
[12:04] | – So no worries there. | 所以不用担心 |
[12:05] | – Good to know. | 很好 |
[12:06] | Actually, it wasn’t so much a relationship as a case of mistaken identity, | 实际上也不是什么认真的感情 是我认错了人 |
[12:11] | but I think it still counts. | 但是… 我觉得也算是段情 |
[12:14] | – Okay. – And… | – 好吧 |
[12:16] | …as you know, I live with Charlie… | – 还有就是我和查理一起住 |
[12:19] | …whom you’ve already… | 那个你曾经… |
[12:22] | – Met? – Yeah, let’s go with met. | – “认识”的? – 就说是”认识”吧 |
[12:26] | Alan, is my having dated Charlie gonna be a problem for you? | 艾伦 你很在意我和查理拍拖过吗 |
[12:29] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[12:31] | A little. | 有一点吧 |
[12:34] | Okay, look. Charlie and l… | 好吧 我和查理 |
[12:37] | We had a very brief, superficial relationship. | 其实没有什么感情 |
[12:40] | Okay? And to be honest, it was mostly about sex. | 说到底全是为了性 |
[12:44] | Great. | 好极了 |
[12:46] | My point is, yeah, I’m tired of those, | 我想说的是 我已经厌烦了 |
[12:48] | those shallow relationships… …I was having with guys like Charlie. | 和查理那样浮浅的人交往 |
[12:52] | I wanna be with a man who can be sensitive and caring, nurturing. | 我想和有涵养 敏感又体贴的男人在一起 |
[12:56] | You know, somebody who can make me laugh, make me think. | 可以逗我开心的人 可以让我思考 |
[13:02] | You do realize I’m straight, right? | 你应该知道我不是同性恋吧 |
[13:06] | – See, you really are adorable. | 你真是太可爱了 |
[13:08] | – Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:09] | I tend to bring out the mothering instinct in women. | 我在女性面前 总能表现出母性直觉的一面 |
[13:12] | – Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[13:12] | – Ironically, not my mother. | 讽刺的是在我妈面前却不会 |
[13:42] | What the hell are you doing? | 你做什么啊? |
[13:43] | Check it out. Ninja death toast. | 看这个 忍者杀人面包 |
[13:48] | Okay, stop it, stop it. | 好了 停下来 |
[13:50] | You’re in no position to give orders, Mr. Harper. | 你没有资格命令我 哈勃先生 |
[13:56] | – Morning. – Morning. | – 早安 – 早安 |
[13:59] | – Death toast? – Oh, thank you. | – 要点杀人面包吗 – 谢谢 |
[14:05] | – So how did it go last night? | 那么 昨晚怎样? |
[14:08] | – Fine. That’s it? Fine? | – 凑合 – 就这样? 凑合? |
[14:10] | Charlie, we’re not in high school anymore. I’m not gonna go into detail. | 拜托查理 我们又不是高中生了 我没必要说细节吧 |
[14:14] | – Okay, don’t tell me. | 那好吧 随你便 |
[14:16] | – Jake, go watch TV. | 杰克 看电视去 |
[14:19] | – I’m still hungry. – There’s bread all over the living room. | – 我还没吃饱 – 客厅地板上都是面包片 |
[14:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:25] | – Well? – It went great. | – 怎样? – 棒极了 |
[14:27] | She said I’m adorable. | 她说我很可爱 |
[14:28] | She thinks I’m nurturing, caring and sensitive. | 她说我会经营感情又体贴 |
[14:30] | – I’m exactly what she’s looking for. | 我就是她要找的那一型 |
[14:32] | – She’s looking for a half-blind sheepdog? | 她要找的是只瞎了眼的牧羊犬? |
[14:35] | She invited me to her house for dinner tonight. | 她邀请我今晚去她家吃晚饭 |
[14:38] | – I think she wants to have sex. | 我觉得她要上床 |
[14:40] | – With who? | 和谁? |
[14:41] | – With me. | 和我 |
[14:42] | – With you. | 和你? |
[14:44] | Hang on a second. | 等会啊 |
[14:49] | Nope. No snowballs reported in hell. | 没有 地狱没有报道在下雪 |
[14:54] | No sightings of flying pigs. | 天上也没有会飞的猪 |
[14:56] | – What am I gonna do? – You don’t know? | 我要怎么办? |
[14:59] | Come on, Alan, you were married for 12 years. | 拜托 艾伦 你都结婚12年了 |
[15:01] | What does marriage have to do with sex? | 结婚和做爱有关系吗? |
[15:04] | Point taken. Okay, you want some tips? | 有道理 要给你些小贴士吗 |
[15:07] | No, no, nothing like that. | 不 不 不要那些 |
[15:10] | I need step-by-step instructions. | 我要一步一步的详细说明 |
[15:13] | All right. Since this is your first bout in this weight class… | 好好 既然这是此重量级别的第一回合 |
[15:16] | …I’d say stick with the basics. | 我建议你坚持做基本动作 |
[15:18] | Better to do the simple stuff well than the fancy stuff badly. | 做好简单动作总比 做烂高难度的要强 |
[15:22] | Got it. And the simple stuff would be… | 明白了 那简单的东西是? |
[15:25] | Well, you know how women like you to go slow? | 你知道女人喜欢你慢慢来 |
[15:28] | Really? My ex-wife put a premium on brevity. | 真的吗? 我前妻更欣赏速战速决 |
[15:33] | Her motto was, ” Less is more, and none is perfect.” | 她的座右铭是 “越少越好 没有最好” |
[15:36] | Well, Sherri’s not like that. You’re gonna wanna take your time. | 但是雪莉不是那种人 你最好慢慢来 |
[15:40] | – I can do that. | 我明白 |
[15:41] | – But don’t loiter either. | 但是也不要慢过头了 |
[15:43] | You don’t want her to get bored and play solitaire on your head. | 你不想让她无聊透顶 在你头上打起扑克 |
[15:47] | No loitering. Got it. | 不要消磨时间 记下了 |
[15:52] | – Something else? – Okay. | 还需要什么吗 |
[15:55] | When you’re with a woman like Sherri, who’s so gosh-darn beautiful… | 像雪莉那样光彩照人的女孩 |
[15:58] | that you get excited just thinking about her… | 你单单想到她就会兴奋得不行 |
[16:01] | how do you keep the sprinklers from going off while you’re still mowing? | 你怎么能让洒水装置 在割草的时候不喷水? |
[16:09] | Let me make sure I understand. | 我先确认一下我是否明白了 |
[16:11] | You wanna keep your toothpaste in the tube until you’re done brushing. | 你是想在你刷完牙之前 都保证牙膏留在牙膏皮里? |
[16:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[16:20] | – What are you talking about? | 你又在说什么? |
[16:22] | – Okay, okay. Let me try again. | 好吧 我重新说 |
[16:25] | I don’t wanna frost the cake while I’m still mixing the batter. | 我不想在打蛋时就冻上了蛋糕 |
[16:30] | I don’t get it. She must have lost a bet. | 我不知道 她可能丢了个球棒之类的 |
[16:33] | – Excuse me? – Nothing. | – 什么? – 没什么 |
[16:36] | All right. Here’s what you do. | 好了 你就这样做吧 |
[16:43] | When you feel like the train is leaving the station… | 当你感觉火车就要离站的时候 |
[16:46] | You mean, going in the tunnel? | 你是说要进隧道了? |
[16:49] | No, no, I mean leaving the station. | 不不 我是说离开车站的时候 |
[16:51] | But you have to leave the station to get to the tunnel. | 但是你离开车站肯定要进隧道的 |
[16:55] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[16:58] | Let’s start from the top. | – 我们从头开始 |
[16:59] | And work our way down, right? | – 然后慢慢朝下抚摸对吗 |
[17:05] | You know what? Just shut up and listen. | 你给我闭嘴好好听 |
[17:09] | When you’re making love, the way to slow yourself down is… | 当你做爱时 唯一可以让你放慢动作的方法 |
[17:13] | …to think of something completely non-sexual. | 就是想一件不能激起性欲的事 |
[17:15] | – Well, what do you think of? – You. | – 你都想什么? – 你 |
[17:36] | That was a really great dinner. | 晚餐真是太棒了 |
[17:40] | I’m glad you enjoyed it. You ready for dessert? | 很高兴你喜欢 准备好吃饭后甜点了吗 |
[17:43] | I’ve been ready since I was 14. | 我从14岁的起就准备好了 |
[17:48] | I’ll be back. Why don’t you put some music on. | 我去去就来 你放点音乐好吗 |
[17:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:13] | Hey, how about Diana Krall? | 戴安娜·克瑞儿的怎么样? |
[18:16] | Oh, actually, that’s your brother’s CD. Do you mind bringing it back to him? | 实际上那是你哥哥的CD 你可以给他拿回去吗 |
[18:20] | Not at all. | 没问题 |
[18:22] | I think I have one of his T-shirts. You might as well take that too. | 我好像还有件他的T恤 待会一起带回去好吗 |
[18:25] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[18:28] | Hey, this is a cool, little CD player. | 真是台不错的CD机 |
[18:30] | Oh, thanks. It was a gift from your | 谢谢 那是份来自你… |
[18:32] | It was a gift. Perfect. | 是别人送的 |
[18:36] | Is there anything else Charlie left behind? | 还有什么查理留下的吗 |
[18:41] | Just me. | 只有我了 |
[18:48] | My brother’s a fool. | – 我哥哥是个傻瓜 |
[18:49] | No argument here. | – 不反对 |
[18:54] | – That is a very effective negligée. – Thank you. | – 这件睡衣好迷人 – 谢谢 |
[18:58] | – Was it a gift? – No. | – 也是别人送的吗 – 不是 |
[19:01] | – As a matter of fact, I bought it myself. – Oh, good. | 事实上 是我自己买的 |
[19:06] | – How long ago? – What? | 多久前买的? |
[19:09] | Well, I was just wondering if Charlie saw it. | 我只是在想是否查理看过 |
[19:12] | Alan, don’t go there. | 艾伦 别说下去了 |
[19:14] | Oh, I wasn’t going anywhere. It’s just that… | 我没想提那个 我只是… |
[19:18] | – Nothing. More kissing. | 没什么 继续接吻吧 |
[19:20] | – Okay, okay. | 好了 |
[19:22] | What exactly is bothering you? | 你到底在为什么烦恼 |
[19:26] | Well, it’s kind of hard to explain. | 这不太好说清楚 |
[19:29] | For example, once, when Charlie and I were at camp… | 比如说 有一次我和查理露营 |
[19:33] | …I lost my swim trunks, and I had to wear an old pair of Charlie’s, and… | 我丢了游泳裤衩 只好穿查理的一条旧的 |
[19:37] | …I just couldn’t enjoy the pool at all. | 我在游泳池里一点也不开心 |
[19:42] | So, what are you saying? I’m a pair of used swim trunks? | 那…你是说 我是用过的一条游泳裤衩 |
[19:45] | No, no. In this case, I think you would be the pool. | 不 事实上 我觉得你是那游泳池 |
[19:50] | Maybe this was a bad idea. | 好吧 没准这是个坏主意 |
[19:52] | No, no, it’s a great idea. It’s right up there… | 不 这是个很棒的主意 |
[19:54] | …with the wheel, fire and refrigerators | 我在那里车轮滚滚 烈焰腾空 |
[19:56] | that give ice through the door. | 而你怎么却像门上凝结着冰块的冰箱 |
[19:58] | – Sorry. I don’t wanna do this anymore. – What? Why? | – 抱歉 我不想做了 – 为什么? |
[20:01] | You can’t be with me without it being some competition with your brother. | 很明显 和我做任何一件事 你都在和你哥哥比赛 |
[20:05] | It’s not a competition. | 我不是在和他比 |
[20:07] | And even it was, shouldn’t we do it first before you decide who wins? | 就算是 我们是不是也该先办完事 再决定谁赢谁输? |
[20:12] | You are unbelievable. | 你真是不可理喻 |
[20:13] | – That could be taken a couple of ways. | 好 这句话有很多种理解 |
[20:16] | – Get out. | 出去 |
[20:16] | Well, no ambiguity there. | 这倒没有歧义 |
[20:20] | Don’t forget your brother’s CD. | 别忘了你哥哥的CD |
[20:23] | My eye! | 我的眼睛 |
[20:32] | Man, I love sunsets. | 我真喜欢看日落 |
[20:35] | The way the sky is streaked with color. | 天空布满不同的色彩 |
[20:38] | It’s amazing. | 真是太美了 |
[20:44] | It’s the pollution that makes those pretty colors, you know. | 是污染才让天空多彩 知道吗 |
[20:48] | What you’re enjoying is the effect of light passing through airborne poison. | 你真正享受到的是光线通过 空中毒素的棱镜折射效果 |
[20:56] | No, that’s not what I’m really enjoying. | 不 我真正享受的不是那个 |
[21:04] | Boy, I hope that’s guacamole. | 天 我希望这是鳄梨沙拉酱 |