时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:05] | Oh,I knew it.There’s no extra foam in my latte. | 噢 我就知道在我的拿铁里面没有额外的奶泡 |
[00:09] | You ask for extra foam, | 你要求额外的奶泡 |
[00:10] | you might as well be asking for a piggyback ride,you know what I mean? | 还不如要求骑在他背上 你知道我的意思吗 |
[00:14] | Charlie? Charlie? | 查理? |
[00:17] | Oh! Of course. | 噢 当然 |
[00:20] | Man’s got a heat-seeking missile in his pants. | 这个男人裤子里有热追踪导弹 |
[00:24] | Is it too much to ask | 我要求的是不是太多了 |
[00:25] | that when we go out for a cup of coffee you at least stay within earshot | 当我们出去喝杯咖啡的时候 你至少在听力所及范围内 |
[00:28] | so I’m not talking to myself like a crazy person? | 所以我就不会像个疯子一样自言自语了 |
[00:31] | And again,I’m talking to myself like a crazy person. | 还有 又一次 我像个疯子一样对自己说话 |
[00:35] | Look! | 看啊 |
[00:37] | Yes,I see. | 是的 我明白 |
[00:40] | Girl pretty.Charlie like. | 女孩 漂亮 查理 喜欢 |
[00:43] | No,girl magnificent. | 不 女孩 美极了 |
[00:46] | Charlie buy her Lexus. | 查理被她迷住了 |
[00:49] | Okay,I thought we were going to be hanging out together,but obviously,your | 我还以为我们要一起逛逛 但明显 你的 |
[00:52] | neurotic need for meaningless sex is more important than spending time | 神经质的对毫无意义的性爱的需要 |
[00:56] | with your only brother | 比和你唯一的弟弟共渡时光更重要 |
[00:57] | who despite everything,continues to love you, | 我无论发生任何事情都 不断地爱你 |
[00:59] | and is,by the way, | 还有 顺便说一下 |
[01:01] | your best hope for a viable kidney transplant. | 你可以得到的肾移植的最大希望 |
[01:06] | You can get yourself home,right? | 你可以自己回家 对吗 |
[01:11] | What,what makes you think | 什么 什么让你觉得 |
[01:13] | that she’s even available? Maybe she’s married. | 可以得到她?也许她结婚了 |
[01:15] | Maybe she’s gay. | 也许她是同性恋 |
[01:16] | Maybe she’a guy. | 也许她是个男人 |
[01:18] | Hey,I don’t see a ring,a girlfriend… | 嘿 我没看到戒指 女朋友 |
[01:20] | or a bulge. | 或者身体突起 |
[01:22] | Now if you’ll excuse me, | 现在如果你不介意的话 |
[01:23] | it’s time to do that voodoo that I do do so well. | 到时候我要做我非常拿手的泡妞巫毒了 |
[01:31] | Hi.I’m Charlie. | 我是查理 |
[01:33] | Don’t care. | 不在乎 |
[01:35] | And you are? | 还有你是? |
[01:36] | Not interested. | 不感兴趣 |
[01:39] | How do you know? | 你怎么会知道? |
[01:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:45] | Okay,then. | 好吧 那么 |
[01:52] | What,you think it’s over? ‘Cause it’s not over. | 什么 你以为这就结束了吗? 因为这还没完 |
[01:55] | Oh,oh,I’m sorry. | 噢 噢 我很抱歉 |
[01:55] | I guess I was misled by her complete and utter indifference to you. | 我猜我被她对你完全的彻底的不关心误导了 |
[02:00] | Yeah,well,watch and learn. | 是啊 好吧 看着我学 |
[02:04] | -So…-Go away. | -那么…-走开 |
[02:08] | How about now? Is it over now? | 现在怎么样?现在结束了吗? |
[02:12] | It’s not an exact science. | 这不是很準确的科学 |
[02:16] | Look,if you knew me at all | 你看 如果你很熟悉我 |
[02:18] | and shut me down,that would be one thing,but | 拒绝我 那是一回事 但是 |
[02:20] | to be dismissed on a simple hello, | 简单说声”你好”就被拒绝了 |
[02:23] | that’s a tough pill to swallow. | 那可是很难让人接受 |
[02:25] | Would you rather I give it to you in a suppository? | 你是不是宁愿我给你个栓剂 |
[02:29] | -Well,to be perfectly honest…-Good-bye. | -好吧 完全真诚地说…-再见 |
[02:35] | -Hey,hey,did you hear that? -What? | -嘿 嘿 你听见那个了吗? -什么? |
[02:38] | It’s a,it’s a fat lady and she’s…singing. | 那是 那是个肥胖的女士 在唱歌 |
[02:42] | You’d give up right now,wouldn’t you? | 你现在就会放弃了 是吗? |
[02:44] | Charlie,Elvis has left the building. | 查理 她已经走了 |
[02:48] | Giving up is a little moot at this point. | 现在说放弃已经没有意义了 |
[02:51] | Yeah,well,that attitude is why you sleep alone | 是啊 好吧 那个态度就是你单独睡 |
[02:54] | with a copy of Monster Boobs magazine under your pillow. | 枕头下放本《大咪咪怪》的原因 |
[02:59] | Stay out of my room. | 別进我的房间 |
[03:29] | “Waverly Dance Studio,3737 Waverly Street.” | “韦弗利街3737号韦弗利舞蹈工作室” |
[03:32] | Got it. | 记好了 |
[03:34] | “Westwood Academy of Dance,14001 Pico Boulevard.” | “皮可大道 14001号西木舞蹈学院” |
[03:38] | What’s going on? | 在干什么? |
[03:39] | I’m mapping out all the dance studios | 我正在标出所有的舞蹈工作室 |
[03:41] | within a five-mile radius of the coffee shop. | 在咖啡店5公里范围内的 |
[03:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[03:44] | I can’t stop thinking about that girl I met.I have to find her. | 我忍不住要想那个 遇到的女孩 我一定要找到她 |
[03:48] | it’s a shame you can’t let your penis sniff a piece of her clothing. | 真可惜 你不能让你的老二 闻她衣服碎片的味道 |
[03:52] | Look,I know her name: Mia. | 你看 我知道她的名字 米亚 |
[03:53] | It was written on her coffee cup. | 写在她的咖啡杯上 |
[03:55] | I know she’s a dancer. | 我知道她是跳舞家 |
[03:56] | She was wearing those leg-warmer thingies | 她穿着暖腿的东西 |
[03:57] | and reading a dance magazine. | 还有正在读一本舞蹈杂志 |
[04:00] | Just ’cause you’re reading a dance magazine doesn’t make you a dancer. | 就因为你在看舞蹈杂志不代表你是舞蹈家 |
[04:02] | Why not? You’re a monster boob. | 为什么不呢 你就是大咪咪怪 |
[04:07] | Will you both stay out of my room?! | 你们两个能不能都別到我房间里乱翻 |
[04:11] | I’ll tell you something.Why do you want to go to all this trouble | 告诉你一件事 为什么你愿意费这么大麻烦 |
[04:14] | to track down a girl who showed less than no interest in you? | 找到一个对你极为不感兴趣的女孩 |
[04:17] | A girl who seemed actually repulsed by your very being. | 看上去实际上对你的行为非常反感的女孩 |
[04:20] | A girl whose skin visibly crawled at your mere proximity. | 你仅仅靠近一些 皮肤就明显起鸡皮疙瘩的女孩 |
[04:24] | Yeah,but did you see her butt? | 是啊 但是你看到她屁股了吗 |
[04:28] | It was like a ripe little peach. | 就像成熟的小桃子 |
[04:31] | That’s your answer? Her ass reminded you a fruit? | 那就是你的回答 她的屁股让你想起一种水果 |
[04:35] | Berta,explain to him. | 波塔 解释给他听 |
[04:36] | Well,a lot of the times | 好吧 大多数时候 |
[04:38] | a peach will have a subtle cleft in it | 桃子上有微妙的缝隙 |
[04:40] | that is visually reminiscent of a woman’s… | 那在视觉上让人想起女子的… |
[04:42] | Thanks,thanks.I got the visual. | 谢谢 谢谢 我知道是什么形象了 |
[04:45] | Alan,do you know why Sir Edmund Hillary wanted to scale Mount Everest? | 艾伦 你知道为什么埃蒙德·希拉里爵士想要攀登珠穆朗玛峰 |
[04:50] | Because it reminded him of a big pointy melon? | 因为这让他想起大大凸起的瓜 |
[04:53] | That’s part of the reason. | 那是部分原因 |
[04:55] | But the main reason was | 但主要原因是 |
[04:57] | he wanted to do it because everyone thought it was impossible. | 他想要做是因为人人都觉得这不可能 |
[05:00] | No,I’m missing the connection here. | 不 我不明白其中的关系 |
[05:02] | If a girl like Mia were easy to climb, | 如果像米亚这样的女孩很被征服的话 |
[05:04] | her head would be covered with flags. | 她的头上将插满了旗帜 |
[05:07] | -So you’re looking for a challenge. -Exactly. | -那么你在寻找挑战 -完全正确 |
[05:09] | No one takes a picture of the fish that jumps on your boat. | 没人会给跳上你的船的鱼拍照 |
[05:13] | I’m confused.Is she a mountain or a fish? | 我糊涂了 她是山还是鱼 |
[05:16] | Doesn’t matter.Either way,I’m going to scale her. | 不重要 无论如何 我都要征服她 |
[05:21] | And you,why do you enable this behavior? | 还有你 为什么你帮他的忙 |
[05:24] | Why? I’ll tell you why. | 为什么 我告诉你为什么 |
[05:27] | Because your brother is the embodiment of the can-do, | 因为你的哥哥是努力精神的化身 |
[05:30] | roll-up-your-sleeves spirit that made this country great. | 让这个国家如此伟大的”不达目的誓不罢休”精神 |
[05:33] | He never gets discouraged; he goes after what he wants; | 他从来都不会洩气 他追求他想要的 |
[05:35] | and he doesn’t know the meaning of the word quit. | 他不知道 “退出” 这个词的含义 |
[05:38] | And if the day should come | 如果这天将要到来 |
[05:39] | when any man,no matter how humble,can’t go out there | 当任何男人 不管多迟钝 不能站出来 |
[05:42] | and soil the loins of some hot little dancer well, | 搂住某个性感玲珑的舞蹈家的纤腰 |
[05:45] | I don’t want to live in that America. | 我不想住在那个美国 |
[05:50] | * O,beautiful,for spacious skies * | * 哦 美丽啊 广阔的天空 * |
[05:54] | * For amber waves of grain…* | * 琥珀色的麦浪 * |
[05:58] | Demi pli? grand pli? | 浅屈膝 深屈膝 |
[06:01] | Okay,very good. | 好吧 非常好 |
[06:02] | Now reverse,demi pli? demi pli? | 现在再做一遍浅屈膝 |
[06:06] | grand pli…Oh,leave me alone. | 深屈膝..噢 让我一个人呆著 |
[06:10] | Keep going. | 继续做 |
[06:11] | Hey,you’re a teacher. | 嘿 你是个老师 |
[06:13] | Hey,you’re a stalker. | 嘿 你是个追踪狂 |
[06:15] | No,no,I was just passing by and happened to look in the window. | 不 不 我就是路过 碰巧看到窗户里 |
[06:18] | What’s the map for? | 那你带着地图是干什么? |
[06:20] | Oh,this. | 噢 这个 |
[06:20] | Well,I had to go to eight other dance studios | 好吧 我必须走过其他8个舞蹈工作室 |
[06:22] | before I found the right window. | 在我找到正确的窗户前 |
[06:26] | Okay,I suppose that could be interpreted as stalking, | 好的 我猜那可以被解释为追踪 |
[06:29] | but it could just as easily be seen as sincerity, | 但这也可以很容易被看作真诚 |
[06:31] | -persistence,enthusiasm. -Mental illness. | -坚持 热情 -精神疾病 |
[06:35] | Oh,come on.I’m clearly smitten.Throw me a bone. | 噢 少来了.我很明显对你 很有兴趣 给我个机会 |
[06:37] | -Charlie…-You remembered my name. | -查理…-你记得我的名字 |
[06:39] | That’s got to mean something. | 那一定代表什么 |
[06:40] | Yeah,I wrote it down in case I needed to call the cops. | 是啊 我写下来 万一我需要叫警察 |
[06:43] | Charlie,I don’t have time for dating right now. | 查理 我现在没有时间约会 |
[06:46] | I’m completely focused on my work. | 我全部精力都集中在工作上 |
[06:47] | Okay,let’s talk about work. | 好吧 让我们讨论工作 |
[06:49] | I’ve always wanted to learn to dance.Can you teach me? | 我一直都想学习跳舞 你能教我吗 |
[06:51] | I only teach children. | 我只教小孩 |
[06:54] | You don’t have a class full of large slow kids I could be part of? | 你没有开个班 都是大个子 迟钝的孩子 我能加入的吗 |
[07:00] | All right,how about this? | 好吧 这怎么样 |
[07:03] | My nephew loves to dance. | 我侄子爱跳舞 |
[07:04] | A gifted little boy.Moves like a gazelle. | 有天才的小男孩 动作就像瞪羚 |
[07:08] | How old is he? | 他几岁 |
[07:10] | I don’t know.11,12.It’s hard to say.He’s got a big head. | 我不知道 11 12 很难说 他的头很大 |
[07:14] | Frankly,I’d love to have a boy in the class. | 坦白地说 我会很喜欢有个男孩在班上的 |
[07:16] | It’s hard to get males that age excited about ballet. | 很难让那个年纪的男孩对芭蕾感兴趣 |
[07:19] | Really? ‘Cause Jake is just “ballet” this and “ballet” that. | 真的吗 因为杰克就是 芭蕾这个 芭蕾那个 |
[07:24] | Yeah,I’m sure. | 是啊 我肯定 |
[07:26] | Tell you what.Why don’t you bring him by tomorrow? | 告诉你 为什么你明天不把他带来 |
[07:28] | Great.Maybe afterward,you and I… | 好极了 也许在工作后 你和我… |
[07:30] | Charlie,listen carefully. | 查理 仔细听着 |
[07:32] | You and I? Never gonna happen. | 你和我 绝对不会发生 |
[07:36] | Understood.See you tomorrow. | 明白了 明天见 |
[07:41] | Charlie to base camp.I’m beginning my ascent. | 查理呼叫探险营地 我要开始攀登了 |
[07:50] | How ya liking the pizza your old Uncle Charlie | 你喜欢你老叔查理特別 |
[07:52] | bought especially for his little buddy? | 为他的小伙计买的批萨饼吗? |
[07:54] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[07:55] | Save room.I’ve got a half gallon | 留下位置 我给你準备了半加仑 |
[07:56] | of that double fudge brownie ice cream you like. | 你喜欢的双料巧克力碎冰淇淋 |
[07:58] | -I don’t know.I’m pretty stuffed. -You sure? | -我不知道 我撑得很 -你肯定 |
[08:02] | Maybe after I poop. | 也许在我大便以后 |
[08:05] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[08:07] | We’re eating dinner. | 我们在吃晚餐 |
[08:08] | You had dinner an hour ago. | 我们一个小时前吃过 |
[08:10] | Well,then he won’t need breakfast. | 好吧 那么他不需要吃早餐了 |
[08:11] | Oh yes,I will. | 我是顺便吃的 |
[08:14] | You had enough to eat. | 你已经吃得够多了 |
[08:17] | Hey,Jake,you know what I like to do after a nice big meal? | 嘿 杰克 你知道我在一顿 丰盛的大餐后喜欢干什么 |
[08:20] | -What? -Learn to dance. | -什么? -学习跳舞 |
[08:25] | – Charlie? – Yeah? | -查理 -什么 |
[08:27] | Private word. | 私下说话 |
[08:29] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[08:34] | -What’s up? -Shame on you. | -什么事 -你真可耻 |
[08:36] | Is that it? | 你说的就是那个 |
[08:38] | You found that girl and now you have some kind | 你找到了那个女孩现在你有某些邪恶 |
[08:40] | of depraved plan to use my son as bait. | 的计划 用我的儿子作诱饵 |
[08:42] | Yeah,so? It’s not like he pays rent. | 是啊 那么 又不是让他付租金 |
[08:44] | Why shouldn’t he pitch in a little? | 为什么他不该努力投入一些 |
[08:46] | I will not allow it. | 我不会允许的 |
[08:48] | Oh,come on.It’s just a couple of ballet lessons. | 噢 少来了 就是几节芭蕾课 |
[08:50] | Ballet? Him? | 芭蕾?他? |
[08:53] | I think he has a quiet grace about him. | 我想他有这份从容的优雅 |
[08:57] | He doesn’t have to be good at it.He just has to show up. | 他不用跳得好 他只要出现就可以了 |
[08:59] | One lesson.I’m begging you. | 一节课 我求你了 |
[09:02] | You know what?It really doesn’t matter what I say. | 你知道什么?我说什么都没用 |
[09:04] | You will never convince him to take ballet. | 你永远都不能说服他上芭蕾课的 |
[09:06] | But if I can,will you stay out of it? | 但如果我行的话 你能別插手吗 |
[09:09] | -I guess.-Great. | -我猜 -好极了 |
[09:13] | Hey,Jake…Okay,that might have been bad parenting on my part. | 好吧 那也许是我的不良教育 |
[09:17] | I’ve got a surprise for you. | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[09:19] | Not more food,is it? | 没有更多吃的了 是吗 |
[09:20] | I’m starting to feel a little dizzy. | 我开始觉得有点头昏了 |
[09:23] | No,you’re going to get to do something | 不 你要开始去做些事情 |
[09:24] | that I’ll bet no other boy in your class has ever done. | 那事我打赌你班上没有別的男孩做过 |
[09:27] | If it’s sex,Mitchell Fineman already saw his cousin naked. | 如果是发生关系的话 米切尔·法恩曼已经看过他表妹裸体了 |
[09:31] | -No,this is better than sex.-What? | -不 这比发生关系还好 -什么? |
[09:33] | How would he know? | 他怎么可能知道? |
[09:36] | You’re going to learn to dance ballet. | 你要学习芭蕾 |
[09:38] | Wanna bet? | 想打赌? |
[09:42] | Okay,let me put it this way. | 好吧 让我这么说 |
[09:45] | How much money will I have to give you to take ballet lessons? | 你想我给你多少钱 才肯上芭蕾课 |
[09:49] | -How about ten dollars? -Wait.Hold on. | -十10美元怎么样? -等等 停一下 |
[09:58] | I want a thousand dollars. | 我要1000美元 |
[10:03] | That’s really unethical. | 真是没道德 |
[10:05] | Oh,yeah.I’m the one on shaky moral ground. | 噢 是啊 我是那个在动摇的道德基础上的人 |
[10:09] | Okay,I’ll give you $500. | 好吧 我给你500美元 |
[10:12] | Split the difference. | 中间对半开 |
[10:13] | – $250.- Done. | 美元250 -成交 |
[10:26] | Come on.Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[10:27] | I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[10:29] | You took my money. | 你拿了我的钱 |
[10:32] | I’ll give it back. | 我还给你 |
[10:34] | Jake,we’re here.You may as well give it a try. | 杰克 我们都在这里了 你试试也好 |
[10:36] | Yeah.Give it a try. | 是啊 试试看 |
[10:37] | Who knows? You might like it. | 谁知道呢 你也许会喜欢的 |
[10:47] | I will never forgive you for this. | 这件事 我永远都不会原谅你的 |
[10:59] | You didn’t tell me I’d be the only boy here. | 你没告诉我 我是这里唯一的男孩 |
[11:01] | So? The odds are on your side. | 怎么 你的几率很高 |
[11:04] | The odds for what? I’m 11. | 什么的几率 我才11岁 |
[11:08] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[11:09] | I thought we had a deal. | 我记得我们有约定的 |
[11:11] | Charlie,you can’t make him stay if he doesn’t want to. | 查理 你不能逼他留下 如果他不愿意的话 |
[11:13] | I love you,Dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[11:17] | All right,let’s get started. | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[11:19] | Whoa.Who’s that? | 哇哦 那是谁? |
[11:21] | -Your teacher. -Come on,let’s go. | -你的老师 -来吧 我们走 |
[11:23] | Hang on,Dad.Maybe we should give this a chance. | 等等 爸爸 也许我们该试试 |
[11:28] | Hi.I’m Jake. | 好啊 我是杰克 |
[11:29] | Hi,Jake.It’s nice to meet you. | 好啊 杰克 很高兴认识你 |
[11:32] | Yeah. | 是啊. |
[11:34] | You uncle tells me you like ballet. | 你叔叔告诉我你喜欢芭蕾 |
[11:36] | Yeah | 没错 |
[11:39] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[11:40] | How about you line up with the girls and we’ll get started. | 你和女孩子们排在一起 我们开始怎么样 |
[11:42] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[11:44] | How about that? He’s got a crush. | 那怎么样 他一见锺情了 |
[11:48] | It’s like watching a dog chase a car. | 就好像看只狗 追一辆车 |
[11:50] | He’ll never catch it,and even if he did, | 他永远都追不上 即使追上了 |
[11:52] | he couldn’t drive it. | 他也开不了 |
[11:55] | He’s still doing better than you. | 他和美女的进展还是比你好 |
[11:59] | Everyone,I’d like you to meet our new student,Jake. | 大家 我想让你们见见新同学 杰克 |
[12:02] | -Hi,Jake -Yeah,hi. | -好啊 杰克 -是啊 好 |
[12:07] | Okay,let’s start in first position. | 好吧 我们就从第一姿势开始 |
[12:09] | Jake,do you know first position? | 杰克 你知道第一姿势吗 |
[12:11] | Is that like missionary position? | 那是不是就像传教士那位置? |
[12:28] | I will never forgive you for this. | 这件事 我永远都不会原谅你的 |
[12:31] | He’s having a great time. | 他过得非常开心 |
[12:34] | The clueless knucklehead. | 那个一点头绪都没有的笨蛋 |
[12:37] | Okay,very nice,class. | 好吧 非常好 全班同学 |
[12:39] | Yeah,good hustle,everybody. | 是啊 排练的很好 大家 |
[12:42] | Much better,Jake. | 好多了 杰克 |
[12:43] | -That’s ’cause I have a good teacher. -Thank you. | -那是因为我有个好老师 -谢谢 |
[12:47] | All right,that’s it for this week. | 好了 这个星期到此为止 |
[12:48] | And remember,life is a dance.Live it gracefully. | 还有记住 人生就像跳舞 优雅地生活 |
[12:51] | That’s my motto. | 那是我的座右铭 |
[12:58] | Well,that settles it | 好吧 我们说清楚 |
[13:00] | I want to be a ballet dancer when I grow up. | 我想长大以后 成为芭蕾舞演员 |
[13:02] | Really?There’s a load off my mind. | 真的?我如释重负 |
[13:05] | It’s not as easy as it looks,you know. | 著不像看起来那么容易 你们要知道 |
[13:07] | It’s pretty hard. | 非常难 |
[13:08] | It’s pretty hard to watch. | 看着你都很辛苦 |
[13:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:13] | Did you see how far Mia could put her leg over her head? | 你看到米亚能把腿抬高过她的头多少了吗 |
[13:17] | I did notice that,yes. | 我确实注意到了 是的 |
[13:20] | So what do you think? | 那么你怎么想 |
[13:21] | Fred Astaire or Fred Flintstone? | 弗雷德·阿斯泰尔还是《摩登原始人》? |
[13:24] | He’s got a lot of enthusiasm. | 他很有热情 |
[13:25] | Yeah,he gets that from me. | 是啊 他是从我这里学来的 |
[13:26] | I thought you were his uncle. | 我还以为你是他叔叔 |
[13:28] | Well,that’s the whole nature-nurture debate,isn’t it? | 好吧 那完全就是 天性-教养的争论 不是吗 |
[13:31] | -So,listen,Mia… -I’m not going out with you,Charlie. | -那么 听着 米亚… -我不会和你出去约会的 查理 |
[13:34] | I know that.You made it very clear. | 我知道 你说得非常清楚 |
[13:36] | My question was,is there any more we can do to help Jake. | 我的问题是 还有別的我们能做的帮助杰克吗 |
[13:39] | Extra classes,private tutoring, | 额外的课程 私人辅导 |
[13:41] | the three of us in Cabo for a long weekend? | 我们三个去卡宝渡个长周末 |
[13:45] | If he comes to class regularly | 如果他定期来上课 |
[13:47] | I think you’ll be amazed of his progress. | 我想你会对他的进步大吃一惊的 |
[13:49] | Good.I’d hate to think he’s peaked. | 好 我会讨厌把他想成顶峰的 |
[13:51] | In fact,we’re having a recital next month, | 实际上 下个月我们有表演场 |
[13:54] | and with a lot of work and a little luck we can include him. | 如果训练很勤奋 再加上一点运气我们可以让他参加 |
[13:59] | Charlie to base camp.Pretty cold up here.Visibility zero. | 查理 到达探险队营地.这里非常冷 能见度为零 |
[16:06] | -Call me. -Okay. | -给我打电话 -好的 |
[16:21] | I hope you like this. | 我希望你喜欢这个 |
[16:23] | It’s an impertinent little Cabernet with | 这是一小杯不会醉人的红葡萄酒 |
[16:25] | oaky overtones and just a hint of a floral finish. | 美丽的色泽 还有一点点花的芬芳 |
[16:29] | Wow,you really know your wines. | 哇哦 你真的对你的酒很有瞭解 |
[16:31] | No,I just read it off the box. | 不 我就是从盒子上读到的 |
[16:34] | So,what’s the plan,get me drunk and take advantage of me? | 那么 什么计划 把我灌醉了 佔我的便宜 |
[16:37] | Oh good,you’ve done this before. | 噢 好啊 你以前就这么干过 |
[16:44] | I had a very nice time tonight. | 今晚我过得非常愉快 |
[16:47] | Was it worth all the trouble I put you through? | 我让你费了那么多功夫值得吗 |
[16:50] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 |
[16:51] | Ask me again in the morning. | 早上再问我 |
[16:56] | Charlie to base camp.I can see the summit. | 查理 呼叫探险队营地 我能看到山峰了 |
[17:03] | -Hey. -Hey,Jake. | -嘿 -嘿 杰克 |
[17:06] | What are you doing up? | 你起来干什么? |
[17:08] | Why shouldn’t I be up? | 我为什么不该起来? |
[17:09] | Well,isn’t it a little past your bedtime? | 好吧 是不是已经超过你的上床时间一会了 |
[17:12] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[17:13] | I don’t have a bedtime. | 我没有上床时间 |
[17:16] | -Okay. -So what’s going on? | -那好 -那么你们在做什么? |
[17:19] | Not too much. | 没什么 |
[17:20] | Where’s your dad,Jake? | 你爸爸在哪里 杰克? |
[17:21] | I don’t know.Why don’t you go look for him? | 我不知道 你为什么不去找他 |
[17:26] | Look,Jake,Mia and I are kind of busy right now. | 你看 杰克 米亚和我现在可以说很忙 |
[17:29] | Busy doing what? | 忙着做什么 |
[17:30] | Talking. | 谈话 |
[17:32] | Okay.What are we talking about? | 你们在谈些什么 |
[17:35] | We’re not talking about anything. | 我们什么都没谈 |
[17:37] | You’re going to bed. | 你要上床睡觉了 |
[17:38] | Why don’t we let Mia decide. | 为什么我们不让米亚决定 |
[17:41] | Jake,sweetheart,I think you should go to bed. | 杰克 甜心 我想你该上床睡觉 |
[17:43] | Are you sure? You don’t have to decide right now. | 你肯定?你不一定要现在决定 |
[17:47] | Your uncle and I would like to spend some alone time together. | 你叔叔和我想要单独在一起 |
[17:50] | Oh.All right. | 好吧 |
[17:55] | You want me to tuck you in? | 你想让我陪你入睡吗? |
[17:57] | I’m too old to get tucked in,you…you ass-face! | 我已经长大了 不要人陪着入睡 你 你 这个白痴脸 |
[18:02] | Okay,then.Sleep tight,little camper. | 好吧 那么 睡个好觉 小露营家 |
[18:09] | Kids,huh? | 孩子嗯哈? |
[18:11] | Yeah,kids. | 是啊 孩子 |
[18:14] | He never called me an ass-face before. | 他以前从来都没叫过我 白痴脸 |
[18:17] | I think he’s a little jealous. | 我想他有点嫉妒 |
[18:19] | yeah | 是啊 |
[18:22] | I remember feeling like that when I was his age. | 我记得 我在他那么 大的时候有过那种感觉 |
[18:24] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:26] | The cafeteria lady. | 自助餐厅的小姐 |
[18:29] | Looked like Valerie Bertinelli,but | 看上去像瓦莱丽·伯提内莉 但是 |
[18:31] | you know,with a hairnet and just the cutest whisper of a mustache. | 你知道 发网和就是最可爱的淡淡的小胡子 |
[18:36] | She didn’t know I was alive. | 她甚至不知道我的存在 |
[18:39] | You poor thing. | 你可怜的小家伙 |
[18:42] | I’m sorry,Mia,I can’t…I can’t do this to him. | 对不起 米亚 我不能…我不能这么对他 |
[18:44] | Do what to him? | 对他做什么? |
[18:46] | One afternoon I saw the cafeteria lady holding hands | 一个下午 我看到自助餐厅的小姐 |
[18:49] | with the shop teacher in the parking lot and it just killed me. | 和小卖部的老师 在停车场手牵手 我伤心欲绝 |
[18:54] | Mr.Danopoli. | 戴诺普利先生 |
[18:55] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远都忘不了 |
[18:57] | She was holding the hand with the missing thumb. | 她牵着那只缺了拇指的手 |
[19:03] | You know what? I’ve got to take you home. | 你知道吗 我一定要送你回家 |
[19:06] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[19:07] | You do? | 你真明白 |
[19:08] | You love Jake. | 你爱杰克 |
[19:09] | You’d rather give up spending the night with me | 你宁愿放弃和我共渡一晚的机会 |
[19:11] | than risk hurting his feelings. | 也不愿冒伤害他感情的风险 |
[19:13] | Right. | 对的 |
[19:15] | Although,when you spell it out like that it sounds incredibly stupid. | 尽管 当你那样说出时 听上去愚蠢得难以形容 |
[19:19] | You’re a very sweet man. | 你是个非常可爱的男人 |
[19:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:31] | I was kidding.Let’s go upstairs. | 我刚才是开玩笑 我们上楼去 |
[19:33] | Charlie,take me home. | 查理 送我回家 |
[19:35] | Wow,wow,wow.Let’s talk about this. | 哇哦…我们谈谈这个 |
[19:37] | He’s 11.He’ll get over it. | 他才11岁 他能忘掉这个的 |
[19:39] | I got over One-Thumb Danopoli. | 我就忘掉了一个拇指的戴诺普利 |
[19:50] | You asleep? | 你睡着了吗? |
[19:54] | You can quit faking.I took her home. | 你能別装了 我送她回家了 |
[19:57] | Really?Yeah. | 真的? |
[20:00] | How come? | 怎么会? |
[20:02] | It’s part of the guy code. | 这是男人信号的一部分 |
[20:04] | When two friends like the same girl, | 当两个朋友喜欢同一个女孩 |
[20:05] | one of them has to step aside. | 其中一个要退开 |
[20:09] | Unless she’s a good sport, | 除非她是一个很好的运动 |
[20:10] | in which case it’s like Saturday morning at the bakery. | 那种情况下 就像星期六早晨的面包房 |
[20:14] | That’s a complicated code. | 那真是复杂的信号 |
[20:17] | Don’t worry about it. | 別担心 |
[20:18] | Bottom line is…I’m out of the Mia business. | 结果是…我退出追求米亚计划 |
[20:21] | Cool. | 酷 |
[20:22] | Now go to sleep. | 现在去睡觉 |
[20:26] | -Uncle Charlie? -Yeah? | -查理叔叔? -什么? |
[20:28] | I’m sorry I called you an ass-face. | 我很抱歉 我叫你白痴脸 |
[20:35] | Yeah.I forgot about that. | 我还忘记那个了 |
[21:17] | No woman’s worth this. | 没有女人值得我这么做 |
[21:21] | -I am so proud. -Our little boy is growing up. | -我太为他骄傲了 -我们的小男孩长大了 |