时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I just wanna be clear that I’m here is a last resort. | 声明 我是束手无策了 才来这里 |
[00:06] | I understand. | 理解 |
[00:07] | I don’t have a lot of faith in psychiatry as a science. | 心理学这门科学 虽然我不太感冒 |
[00:11] | I think some of the drugs you’re pushing are interesting. | 但你推销的一些药 挺有意思 |
[00:15] | And I’m all for messing around with brain chemistry. | 我也喜欢药物刺激大脑 消磨时间 |
[00:20] | I mean,that’s all I got from high school. | 我高中就是这么混过去的 |
[00:24] | But,in my experience, | 但是 据我所知 |
[00:25] | popping pills doesn’t relieve social anxiety quite as well as say… | 磕药并不能缓解社交障碍 还不如 |
[00:30] | bourbon and Marvin Gaye. | 酒精和马文·盖伊 |
[00:32] | Now I get it. | 现在我明白了 |
[00:34] | You’re desperate and I’m full of hooey. | 你万念俱灰 我废话一堆 |
[00:38] | So in the worlds of Marvin Gaye, | 那在马文·盖伊的世界里 |
[00:41] | what’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[00:43] | Everything I say is confidential,right? | 我说的话都会保密 是吗 |
[00:45] | Whatever you say | 不管你说什么 |
[00:47] | stays in this room. | 都不会传出这个房间 |
[00:48] | Kinda like Vegas. | 有点像拉斯维加斯 |
[00:50] | Well,if you except there’s no way you’re leaving | 是有点像 但你身上的钱不会 |
[00:52] | here with more money than when you came in. | 在你离开房间时 比进来时还多 |
[00:56] | Yeah,like Vegas. | 是啊 就像拉斯维加斯 |
[01:00] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[01:01] | last night I’m out with my stupid lame-ass brother. | 昨晚 我和我那个蠢货弟弟出去 |
[01:04] | Sounds like you’ve got some anger towards him. | 好像 你对他有点恼火 |
[01:08] | Oh,you’re good. | 噢 你真行 |
[01:13] | This is nice. | 这样挺好 |
[01:14] | You and me,spending time together. | 你和我 一起消磨时间 |
[01:16] | Why don’t we do this more often? | 要不我们以后经常这样 |
[01:18] | I don’t have an answer. | 不太确定 |
[01:20] | Hmm,me neither. | 我也是 |
[01:21] | So,how long ’til the movie starts? | 那么 电影多久后开始 |
[01:22] | Uh,about 20 minutes. | 大概二十分钟 |
[01:25] | Yeah,sure, | 是啊 肯定的 |
[01:25] | 20 minutes not counting previews and ads, | 二十分钟不包括预告片和广告 |
[01:28] | the popcorn and the giant pretzel-holding hands. | 举着爆米花和大包绕心派酥司的手 |
[01:31] | The big soda,drinking the little soda,which frankly is cannibalism. | 大苏打端着小苏打猛灌 老实讲 这算嗜食同类 |
[01:35] | And the always welcome reminder | 还总是热心提醒你 |
[01:37] | to turn off your cellphones and shut up | 关掉手机 停止聊天 |
[01:38] | but nobody ever does because,let’s face it, | 但从来没人照做 面对现实吧 |
[01:40] | good manners are just the latest casualty in | 举止得体 是如今西方文明 |
[01:42] | the ongoing collapse of Western civilization. | 退化过程中的最新陪葬品 |
[01:44] | I now have an answer. | 我现在确定了 |
[01:50] | I miss Jake. | 我想杰克了 |
[01:51] | How can you miss him? | 你怎么会想他 |
[01:53] | We just dropped him off at his friend’s house. | 我们刚送他去朋友家 |
[01:55] | By the way,if you ever get tired of those magazines under your bed, | 另外 如果你看厌了 你放床底下的那些杂志 |
[01:58] | the kid’s mom looked fairly do-able. | 那孩子的妈妈 相当值得一试 |
[02:01] | Forget the mom. | 忘了那个妈妈 |
[02:02] | Did you see how happy Jake was to be | 没看到杰克不和我过周末 |
[02:03] | spending the weekend away from me? | 他有多开心吗 |
[02:05] | Why would you think that? | 为什么你那么想 |
[02:06] | Just because he jumped out of the car while it was still moving? | 就因为车还没停稳 他就跳下去了 |
[02:09] | Come on,Alan, he was happy to see his friends. | 算了 艾伦 他只是高兴见到朋友们 |
[02:11] | Being away from you is just… gravy. | 离开你只是 锦上添花 |
[02:14] | I know.I know.It’s natural for him to want to | 我知道 这很自然 比起父母 |
[02:18] | spend more time with his peers than his parents.But… | 他更想多点时间和朋友一起 但是 |
[02:20] | all the same… | 我还是有点 |
[02:22] | it’s sad. | 伤感 |
[02:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:24] | Sunrise,sunset. | 时光荏苒 |
[02:28] | One day,you’re holding a little baby in your arms, | 某天 你怀里抱着一个婴儿 |
[02:30] | and the next day,he’s off | 第二天 他就跳到地上 |
[02:32] | hocking loogies and lighting farts with | 和一群六年级多动症儿童 |
[02:34] | a bunch of Ritalin-addled sixth graders. | 一起咳嗽吐痰放屁 |
[02:37] | Why do I bother trying to share my feelings with you? | 为什么我会跟你说我的感受 |
[02:40] | I don’t know. It’s not like I encourage it. | 不知道 好像不是我唆使的 |
[02:43] | Oh,come on. | 噢 得了 |
[02:44] | So your kid doesn’t need you like he used to. | 孩子不像以前那样需要你了 |
[02:46] | That’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[02:48] | You can spend your weekends enjoying yourself. | 周末时间 你可以做点自己的事了 |
[02:51] | That’s true.And… | 倒是实话 |
[02:53] | there’s things I want to do that I haven’t had time for. | 有些事我一直想做 却总没时间 |
[02:55] | Like that kid’s mom. | 就像 那孩子的妈妈 |
[02:57] | No,no,I mean like… | 不 我是指 |
[02:59] | like reading | 比如阅读 |
[03:00] | finally cracking open the classics. | 终于弄开本名著 |
[03:02] | Alan,if you want to crack something open, | 艾伦 如果你真想弄开什么 |
[03:04] | I recommend that kid’s mom. | 我推荐那孩子的妈妈 |
[03:07] | No,no,I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[03:08] | For years,I have been wishing that I had time | 好多年了 我一直都想有时间 |
[03:11] | to read all the great books. | 去阅读所有这些伟大的书籍 |
[03:14] | Dostoyevsky,and | 陀思妥耶夫斯基 |
[03:17] | Hemingway, | 海明威 |
[03:18] | Faulkner,and | 福克纳 |
[03:20] | and Dickens,and Shakespeare | 狄更斯 莎士比亚 |
[03:22] | and history! History: U.S.history, | 还有历史 美国历史 |
[03:25] | world history,the history of language. | 世界历史 人类语言史 我想说 |
[03:28] | I mean,why doesn’t anyone speak Sumerian anymore? | 为什么现在没人再说苏美尔语了 |
[03:33] | I don’t know because I haven’t read the book! | 我不知道 因为我没读过这本书 |
[03:36] | And,oh,oh…poetry,poetry! Byron,and Keats,and Shelley! | 噢 诗歌 拜伦 济慈 雪莱 |
[03:41] | And biographies! Oh! | 还有人物传记 |
[03:44] | Julius Caesar | 尤里西斯·凯撒 |
[03:45] | and Abraham Lincoln | 亚伯拉罕·林肯 |
[03:46] | and oh,Groucho Marx! | 格劳乔·马克斯 |
[03:48] | I mean,look at them all! | 我想说 看看他们 |
[03:50] | Look at them! They’re mocking me! | 看看他们 他们在嘲笑我 |
[03:53] | I haven’t read any of them! | 我一本都没读过 |
[03:54] | Okay,well,just pick one for now. | 好吧 随便挑一本 现在就开始读 |
[03:57] | Why bother?! | 有用吗 |
[03:58] | There’s not enough time! There’s too many books and not enough time! | 时间根本不够 太多的书 时间不够 |
[04:02] | Maybe you just need a system. | 也许你只需做个读书计划 |
[04:04] | You know,put a book next to the toilet, | 比如 放一本在马桶边 |
[04:05] | and every couple of days or so, | 有空就看看 |
[04:06] | you knock out a couple of chapters and | 干掉几个章节 |
[04:08] | No,no! It’s too late for me! | 不 太晚了 |
[04:10] | There’s not enough bowel movements left! | 我人生剩下的大便次数不够了 |
[04:16] | Maybe you need to change your diet. | 也许你只需改变一下食谱 |
[04:18] | No,it’s hopeless! | 不 也没用的 |
[04:20] | Jake will be grown up soon and I’ll be dead. | 杰克会很快长大 我也会死去 |
[04:22] | And you know what I’ll have left behind? | 知道我身后会留下什么吗 |
[04:24] | A life of unfulfilled dreams, | 一生都没实现的梦想 |
[04:27] | a shelf of unread books, | 一橱都没读过的好书 |
[04:29] | and 3 unopened seasons of Six Feet Under on DVD. | 还有三季没开封的《六尺之下》的碟 |
[04:35] | So what are you doing tonight? | 你今晚有何安排 |
[04:45] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:46] | So your brother had a panic attack in the middle of a bookstore. | 你弟弟在书店里 突发恐慌 |
[04:50] | How’d that make you feel? | 你对此有何感受 |
[04:53] | What the hell do my feelings have to do with anything? | 我的感受 和这事有屁关系 |
[04:57] | Why don’t you just humor me? | 你先配合我一下不行吗 |
[05:00] | Well,I felt a little ashamed. | 好吧 我觉得有点惭愧 |
[05:02] | Because you felt that his behavior reflected on you? | 是因为你觉得 他的行为部分原因在你? |
[05:05] | No,because I left him there. | 不是 是因为我把他扔在那儿了 |
[05:08] | You left him? | 你扔下他? |
[05:10] | Not permanently. | 也没多久 |
[05:13] | I came back and got him after he was all cried out | 我回去接他时 他已经哭累了 |
[05:15] | and it was time for the movie. | 电影也正好开始了 |
[05:17] | So you still went to the movie? | 那你们还是去看电影了? |
[05:19] | Yeah,I bought the tickets online. They don’t refund those. | 我在网上买的票 不给退款的 |
[05:29] | Red Vine? | 红藤?[糖果棒品牌] |
[05:32] | No,thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[05:33] | I am so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. | 真对不起 我不知道自己是怎么了 |
[05:36] | Nah. | 没事 |
[05:37] | Who among us hasn’t collapsed,weeping, | 芸芸众生 谁没在书店里 |
[05:39] | in the middle of a bookstore for no apparent reason? | 毫无征兆地崩溃大哭过 |
[05:42] | You know, I think maybe I’d be better off at home. | 我想 也许我还是回家好 |
[05:45] | So I’m supposed to miss the movie | 那我得错过这电影 |
[05:47] | just because you had a nervous breakdown? | 就为你神经崩溃? |
[05:50] | Well,kinda. | 嗯 好像是 |
[05:52] | Don’t you think that’s a little selfish,Alan? | 有点自私了吧 艾伦 |
[05:55] | It’s just,all of a sudden,I felt | 只是突然间 我被 |
[05:58] | crushed by this unbelievable sense of grief, | 难以置信的悲哀感彻底击倒 |
[06:00] | like my entire life has been an exercise in a pathetic futility. | 悲哀我这一生 都在碌碌无为中度过 |
[06:05] | Well,I wouldn’t rule it out. | 嗯 同意 |
[06:08] | Come on,bunky,cheer up. Have a Red Vine. | 別这样 呆子 打起精神 来根红藤 |
[06:10] | I don’t want a Red Vine. | 我不想要什么红藤 |
[06:12] | -Sno-Cap? -No. | -雪顶?[雪糕品牌] -不要 |
[06:14] | -Raisinets? -No. | -巧克力架?[雀巢旗下巧克力品牌] -不要 |
[06:16] | -Goobers? -How much crap did you buy?! | -牛奶巧克力球? -你到底买了多少垃圾? |
[06:18] | They couldn’t change a hundred. | 100块他们找不开 |
[06:23] | All right,I’ll have a Junior Mint. | 好吧 我要小薄荷糖 |
[06:26] | I didn’t get Junior Mints. | 没买小薄荷糖 |
[06:30] | Of course not. | 当然没买 |
[06:31] | Story of my life. | 我一生如此 |
[06:33] | No Junior Mints for Alan… | 没有小薄荷糖给艾伦 |
[06:35] | just Goobers. | 只有他喵的牛奶巧克力球 |
[06:38] | Dude,dude,you need to be quiet. | 伙计 你得安静点 |
[06:40] | Why? Why? | 为什么 |
[06:42] | The first amendment gives me the right | 人权法案赋予我权利 可以在拥挤的 |
[06:43] | to yell “Goobers” in a crowded theater. | 电影院里大喊牛奶巧克力球真他喵的好吃 |
[06:48] | Hey,look. | 嗨 看 |
[06:49] | Movie quiz.Let’s play the movie quiz. | 电影问答 我们玩电影问答吧 |
[06:51] | I don’t want to play the movie quiz. | 我不想玩电影问答 |
[06:52] | Come on,it’ll be fun. I’ll bet you’re good at it. | 来啊 很有趣的 我打赌你一定很行 |
[06:55] | All right,all right. | 好吧 |
[06:55] | “Debra Winger and Richard Gere | 黛布拉·温格和理查德·盖尔合演的 |
[06:57] | starred in An Officer and a blank.”Oh,please! | “军官与XX” 噢 不是吧 [军官与绅士] |
[07:01] | You need a hint? | 要提示吗 |
[07:04] | -There’s a hint upside down in the corner. -No,I don’t need a hint! | -那个角上有倒写的提示 -不 我不需要提示 |
[07:06] | I know the answer! Everybody here knows the answer! | 我知道答案 这里所有人都知道答案 |
[07:10] | Everybody on the planet knows the answer! We’re not stupid! | 地球人都知道答案 我们不傻 |
[07:13] | Chill,chill. | 冷静 冷静 |
[07:15] | Oh,wait,here’s another brain teaser. | 等等 又一个脑筋急转弯 |
[07:17] | “Steven Spielberg directed this modern | 史蒂芬·斯皮尔博格 翻拍的 |
[07:19] | retelling of the H.G.Wells classic | 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯的科幻名著 |
[07:21] | War of the blank.” | “XX大战” [世界大战] |
[07:22] | Uh,uh,couch!War of the Couch! | 呃 沙发 抢沙发大战 |
[07:26] | Okay,stop it. | 你丫快停下 |
[07:26] | Oh,no,no,I got it! | 噢不 我想到了 |
[07:28] | War of the blow it out your ass! | 你个狗屁大战 |
[07:30] | You know,maybe you’re right. Maybe we should go. | 也许你是对的 也许我们该走了 |
[07:32] | Wait,no,I know this one. | 等等 我知道这个 |
[07:34] | “Johnny Depp cruised to success in this comedy-action | 乔尼·德普环海冒险的喜剧动作片 |
[07:37] | film inspired by a Disneyland attraction.” | 创作灵感来自迪斯尼乐园的游艺节目 |
[07:40] | Pirates of the blow it out your ass! | 你个狗屁海盗 [加勒比海盗] |
[07:42] | He’s behind on his reading. | 他来不及看书了 |
[07:44] | Oh,oh,and let’s not forget Judy Garland in that immortal classic | 大家別忘了还有 朱迪·迦兰出演的那部经典名著 |
[07:48] | The Wizard of blow it out your ass! | 绿野你个狗屁 [绿野僊踪 The Wizard of OZ] |
[07:51] | That sounds like quite an episode. | 听起来情况相当严重 |
[07:54] | Is your brother seeing a therapist? | 你弟弟有看心理医生吗? |
[07:56] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[07:58] | He’s your brother.He lives with you. | 他是你兄弟 和你住在一起 |
[08:01] | So? | 那又怎样? |
[08:03] | All right,go ahead. | 算了 继续 |
[08:06] | Just because I took him in doesn’t mean I have to listen to him. | 我让他住 不代表我得听他抱怨 |
[08:09] | I understand. | 理解 |
[08:11] | He just whines about the same crap over and over. | 他抱怨同样的废话 一遍又一遍 |
[08:14] | Okay. | 懂了 |
[08:15] | It’s not even interesting crap. | 还不是有趣的废话 |
[08:18] | It’s the crap that bores the crap out of crap. | 都是废话接废话的废话 |
[08:21] | I got it. | 我明白了 |
[08:23] | It’s crap.Go ahead. | 全是废话 继续 |
[08:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:25] | So we’re driving home and… | 於是 我们开车回家 |
[08:37] | This seat is very comfortable.Genuine leather, | 这座椅很舒服.真皮的 |
[08:40] | nine-way adjustable, | 9档调位 |
[08:42] | lumbar support… | 带腰垫 |
[08:43] | I wish I’d spent a few extra bucks | 真想再多花点钱 |
[08:44] | and gotten the ejection package. | 添个弹射功能 |
[08:48] | I said I was sorry. | 我说过对不起了 |
[08:49] | They don’t refund those tickets,Alan. | 他们不退票钱 |
[08:54] | I want to go see Jake. | 我想去看杰克 |
[08:56] | Why? He’s at a sleepover. | 为什么 他在朋友家过夜 |
[08:58] | I just got this feeling that he needs me. | 我有种感觉 他需要我 |
[09:01] | Really? Some sort of telepathic thing? | 是吗 某种心灵感应? |
[09:03] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[09:04] | I see. | 明白了 |
[09:08] | Did you know I was gonna do that? | 知道我要打你吗 |
[09:09] | No. | 不知道 |
[09:10] | Then I wouldn’t trust your psychic powers. | 那我没法相信 你有心灵感应 |
[09:14] | Come on. We can just stop by for a few minutes. | 別啊 我们就停留一小会儿 |
[09:17] | We have time now since we decided to skip the movie. | 既然我们决定不看电影了 现在有的是时间 |
[09:20] | Oh,we decided that,did we? | 噢 “我们”决定的 是吧 |
[09:23] | That’s the way it went down for you,huh? | 你就是这么看待这件事的? |
[09:25] | That’s how you interpret recent events?! | 你就是这么解释刚才的丑事吗 |
[09:27] | Whoa,whoa,settle down.You’re acting like a crazy person. | 冷静 你的举止像个疯子 |
[09:30] | Me?! | 我 |
[09:31] | I’m acting like a crazy person?! | 我的举止像个疯子? |
[09:33] | Are you freaking kidding me?! | 你丫的是在耍我吗? |
[09:35] | Listen to yourself.You’re getting a little scary right now. | 看看你自己 现在都有点吓人了 |
[09:41] | Okay,fine,you want to see the kid, | 行啊 你想去看孩子 |
[09:43] | we’ll go see the kid. | 我们就去看孩子 |
[09:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:46] | Is that so hard? | 就那么很难吗? |
[09:54] | Charlie…the road. | 查理 看路 |
[10:02] | Please. | 別玩了 |
[10:08] | You know,when you have kids, | 知道吗 当你有了孩子 你会发现 |
[10:09] | you find that there’s a deep spiritual connection. | 有一种深厚的精神关联存在 |
[10:11] | You feel an actual tug when your child needs you. | 当孩子需要你时 你会感受到真实的牵掛 |
[10:15] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[10:16] | What do you feel when your brother hates you? | 你哥哥恨你时 你有什么感受 |
[10:20] | Alan.Is everything okay? | 艾伦 怎么了 |
[10:23] | Oh,yeah,fine.I just need to see Jake for a minute. | 噢没事 只是来看一下杰克 |
[10:25] | He’s feeling a tug. | 他感受到”牵掛” |
[10:27] | Tug? | 高潮 |
[10:28] | Or it could be gas.We’re not sure. | 或者只是猜测 我们还不确定 |
[10:32] | Could you just call Jake? | 能叫一下杰克吗 |
[10:33] | Jake! Your father’s here! | 杰克 你爸爸来了 |
[10:36] | Put that down,Timmy! | 把那个放下 蒂米 |
[10:38] | What? | 什么事 |
[10:39] | I just wanted to see if you were okay. | 只是来看看你一切可好 |
[10:43] | Oh,great.Now I’m dead! Thanks a lot! | 噢 好极了 现在我死了 非常感谢 |
[10:46] | Doesn’t count! I was talking to my stupid dad! | 这次不算 我在跟笨老爸说话 |
[10:51] | Well,it seems like you’ve got everything under control. | 好吧 看来你这里 一切正常 |
[10:54] | Actually,I ran out of ice cream. | 实际上 家里没冰淇淋了 |
[10:56] | Do you think you could keep an eye on the kids for a few minutes? | 你能帮我 照看他们几分钟吗 |
[11:00] | Thanks a million.I’ll be right back. | 万分感谢 我就回来 |
[11:13] | She ain’t coming back. | 她不会回来了 |
[11:16] | Three hours she was gone. | 整整出去了3个小时 |
[11:20] | And when she finally came back | 当她终于回来时 |
[11:22] | she was reeking of Old Spice and pot. | 一身Old Spice[男士香水品牌]和大麻的臭味 |
[11:25] | I see. | 明白了 |
[11:27] | And she didn’t even have any ice cream! | 而且没买任何冰淇淋 |
[11:30] | All right, | 好吧 |
[11:31] | let’s stop here for a minute and | 我们暂停几分钟 |
[11:33] | talk in general about your feelings towards women. | 先来大致探讨一下你对女人的态度 |
[11:36] | No,thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[11:39] | -Rather discuss your childhood? -Nope. | -更愿谈谈儿童时代 -不 |
[11:41] | -Father? -Dead. | -爸爸 -死了 |
[11:42] | -Mother? -Killed him. | -妈妈 -杀了爸爸 |
[11:44] | Would you like to discuss that? | 想说说怎么回事吗 |
[11:46] | We just did. | 刚说过了 |
[11:48] | Charlie,I’m not sure we’re on the same page here. | 查理 我不确定 你是不是明白我的意思 |
[11:51] | Have you ever been in therapy before? | 你以前做过其他治疗吗 |
[11:53] | Does massage therapy count? | 按摩治疗算吗 |
[11:56] | No. | 不 |
[11:58] | It’s almost the same thing. | 和你这儿很像 |
[11:59] | One on one with a strange woman who charges you | 和一个陌生女人 一对一 |
[12:01] | for an hour then only gives you 50 minutes. | 收1小时的钱 50分钟帮你完事 |
[12:06] | Why don’t we just go back to your story? | 还是回到你刚才的故事吧 |
[12:08] | Touch a nerve there,did I? | 戳到你痛处了 是吗 |
[12:13] | Okay,okay. | 好吧 |
[12:15] | Well,Jake ignored his father | 我们在那儿时 |
[12:17] | the entire time we were there,so | 杰克一直没理他老爸所以 |
[12:19] | Alan was a little upset when we got back in the car. | 我们回到车上时 艾伦很有点烦躁 |
[12:22] | He hates me! | 他恨我 |
[12:23] | My only son hates me! | 我的独生子恨我 |
[12:25] | He doesn’t hate you. | 他不恨你 |
[12:28] | He just didn’t appreciate you telling his friends | 他只是不喜欢你告诉他的朋友 |
[12:29] | that laser tag can induce epileptic fits. | 激光枪战容易激发癫痫症 |
[12:32] | Well,it can. | 但那确实能 |
[12:34] | Be that as it may, | 即便如此 |
[12:35] | you probably could’ve gotten your point across | 你也可以用其他方式说明 |
[12:37] | without flopping around on the floor,rolling your eyes up | 不必轰然倒地 白眼乱翻 |
[12:39] | and pretending to swallow your tongue. | 假装要咬断自己的舌头 |
[12:41] | Hey,hey,a-a picture is worth a thousand… | 嗨 眼见为实 抵过千言… |
[12:47] | Charlie,stop the car. | 查理 停车 |
[12:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:50] | I have to get out.I’m feeling claustrophobic. | 我得出去 有种幽闭恐惧感 |
[12:52] | -There’s no place to stop. -We have to stop! | -这儿没地方停车 -必须停车 |
[12:55] | Where? | 停哪儿 |
[12:56] | I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe. | 我没法呼吸 |
[12:58] | I have to get out.I have to get out now,now,now,now! | 我要出去 我要出去 就现在 |
[13:00] | Okay,hold on,hold on. | 好的 稍等 |
[13:06] | The seat belt won’t come off. | 安全带打不开 |
[13:07] | Just push the button. | 只需按那个按钮 |
[13:08] | I can’t,I can’t. It won’t come off.Help me! | 做不到 解不开 帮帮我 |
[13:10] | Okay,okay,move your hands. | 好吧 手让开 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好了 |
[13:19] | It’s passing. | 感觉过去了 |
[13:20] | Yes,it’s…Yes,I’m okay. | 好了 我没事了 |
[13:23] | -No,you’re not. -What? | -不 你有事 -什么 |
[13:25] | -Get out. -What? | -出去 -什么 |
[13:26] | Get out now!Now,now,now,get out,get out! | 出去 就现在 出去 |
[13:37] | That’s better. | 感觉好多了 |
[13:46] | So you just left your brother on the side of the road? | 於是 你又把弟弟扔在了路边 |
[13:50] | He couldn’t believe it,either. | 他也无法相信 |
[13:54] | You should have seen his face in the rearview mirror. | 你真该看看后视镜里他那张脸 |
[13:57] | All right,Charlie,we’ve been talking for quite a while, | 好吧 查理 我们谈话有好一会儿了 |
[14:00] | and I got to tell you, | 但我得告诉你 |
[14:01] | I still don’t understand why you came to see me. | 我还是不明白 为什么你来找我 |
[14:04] | You in a hurry? | 你赶时间吗? |
[14:07] | Doesn’t that undermine your | 那不会破坏你 |
[14:08] | whole pay by the hour business model? | 按小时计费的商业模式吧 |
[14:12] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[14:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:15] | So,as I was driving away, | 於是 我继续上路 |
[14:17] | I decided I needed a little quiet time for,you know, | 决定找个地方静一静 你知道的 |
[14:20] | reflection and meditation. | 反省和沉思 |
[14:32] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[14:34] | What took you so long? | 怎么这么久才来 |
[14:36] | I was sure you’d come back. | 我得确定你不会回来找我 |
[14:39] | I guess that’s case closed on the telepathy stuff. | 我猜 你是用心灵感应”确定”的吧 |
[14:44] | What are you drinking? | 想喝什么 |
[14:46] | I don’t know.Something soothing. | 不知道 喝点能静心的 |
[14:48] | Uh,uh,Kahlua and cream? | 咖啡甜酒 加奶油 |
[14:50] | He’s kidding.Give him a beer. | 他开玩笑呢 给他瓶啤酒 |
[14:52] | Must you always embarrass me? | 为什么你总想让我丟脸 |
[14:54] | I’ve had a traumatic night. | 我整晚都在受打击 |
[14:56] | I feel very exposed,vulnerable,confused… | 现在相当脆弱 迷茫 容易受伤 |
[14:58] | Yeah,yeah,okay,shut up,shut up,shut up. | 够了 收声 闭嘴 |
[15:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:04] | -Hi. -Yeah,hi. | -嗨 -是呀 嗨 |
[15:06] | Can we buy you ladies a drink? | 能请两位美女喝一杯吗 |
[15:08] | -No,thanks.We’re already pretty blitzed. -Boy,are we blitzed. | -不了谢谢 我们已经喝高了 -伙计 我们高了 |
[15:12] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[15:15] | I’m Charlie.This is Alan. | 我叫查理 这是艾伦 |
[15:17] | -Amy. -Beth. | -艾米 -贝丝 |
[15:18] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[15:19] | How’s it going tonight? | 今晚过的如何 |
[15:21] | -Pretty good. -We’re blitzed. | -相当好 -我们高了 |
[15:24] | -How about you? -Yeah,how you doin’? | -你们呢 -是呀 你俩好吗 |
[15:28] | Oh,boy.Where to start? | 噢老天 该怎么开口呢 |
[15:30] | No one’s talking to you. | 没人和你说话 |
[15:32] | -What’s the matter,Alan? -Yeah,what’s the matter? | -怎么了 艾伦 -是呀 怎么了 |
[15:35] | Well,you really want to know? | 你们 真想知道 |
[15:36] | They don’t.Trust me,you really don’t. | 她们不想知道 相信我 你们肯定不想知道 |
[15:40] | Well,maybe it’s a-a late reaction to the divorce, | 也许是我离婚后的迟发反应 |
[15:43] | maybe it’s my son not needing me | 也许是我儿子长大了 |
[15:45] | so much now that he’s growing up,but… | 不再那么需要我 但是 |
[15:48] | I think it’s more than that.I… | 但是我觉得远不止这些 |
[15:50] | I think it’s just life grinding me down, | 感觉现实生活 把我碾得体无完肤 |
[15:53] | and I just I don’t think I can take it anymore. | 我再也撑不住了 |
[15:56] | -Oh,you poor baby. -Poor,poor baby. | -噢 可怜的孩子 -可怜 可怜的孩子 |
[15:59] | -Tell us all about it. -Yeah,tell us. | -跟我们说说 -是呀 说说 |
[16:02] | Well,I was never a happy child. | 好吧 我是个从没开心过的孩子 |
[16:05] | Oh God,I was a miserable kid. | 老天 我是个命苦的孩子 |
[16:09] | And the only thing that gave my life meaning was my son. | 我活着的唯一意义 就是我儿子 |
[16:13] | At least you’ve got a son. | 至少 你还有了个儿子 |
[16:16] | I’ve got nothing | 我什么都么有 |
[16:18] | except… | 除了 |
[16:19] | epilepsy. | 癫痫 |
[16:21] | -Oh,no. -Yeah.Oh,no. | -噢不 -是呀 噢不 |
[16:32] | So anyway, | 总之 |
[16:33] | there I was on my wedding day | 在我婚礼那天 |
[16:35] | in front of the priest and all our friends, | 在牧师和所有亲友面前 |
[16:38] | flopping around on the altar like an epileptic trout, | 我昏倒在礼坛上 像条羊癫疯的鲑鱼 |
[16:42] | when I heard her father say, | 就因为她爸爸说了一句 |
[16:44] | “You can’t marry this man. | “你不能和这个男人结婚” |
[16:46] | He’s damaged goods.” | “他是个次品” |
[16:48] | -Oh,gee. -Yeah.Oh,gee. | -噢 天啊 -是呀 天啊 |
[16:52] | That’s when I realized that all the money in the world | 从那一刻起 我认识到 就算给我全世界的财富 |
[16:55] | and I do have a lot | 当然我已经有了很多 |
[16:58] | can’t replace that special tug you feel | 也无法代替那种 特別的牵掛 |
[17:03] | when someone loves you unconditionally. | 当某人义无反顾的爱你时 |
[17:07] | -Look,that’s the ocean. -Ooh,the ocean. | -看 大海 -噢 大海 |
[17:10] | -Let’s go skinny dipping. -Yeah,skinny dipping. | -我们去裸泳吧 -是呀 裸泳 |
[17:11] | -You want to come? -Yeah,come with us. | -想一起去吗 -是呀 一起去 |
[17:14] | I’d love to,but I’m | 我很想去 但我太伤心 |
[17:16] | too sad,and I might swallow my tongue. | 并且可能会咬断舌头 [冷水易激发癫痫] |
[17:18] | You two go. | 你们俩去吧 |
[17:20] | Swim,splash,frolic, enjoy your healthy bodies. | 游泳 泼水 打闹 享受你们那健康的身体吧 |
[17:25] | -Okay. -Bye. | -好啊 -回见 |
[17:28] | Have you no shame? | 你还有羞耻心吗 |
[17:30] | Let me think.Nope.Just a tug. | 我想想 没有 只有”牵掛” |
[17:32] | Now that’s another thing.My angst is real. | 这是两码事 我的苦恼是真实的 |
[17:35] | I do not appreciate you taking my tug | 我不希望你利用我的牵掛 |
[17:36] | and using it to get in someone’s pants. | 去扯別人的内裤 |
[17:38] | News flash,Alan,they’re already out of their pants. | 新闻快报 艾伦 她们已经没内裤了 |
[17:42] | And they’re gonna come back cold,wet, | 她们会又湿又冷的回来 |
[17:44] | and in desperate need of body heat. | 急需身体取暖 |
[17:45] | Which means for those of us with normal | 这意味着 对体温正常的 |
[17:47] | skin temperature,it’ll be a seller’s market. | 我俩来说 可都是抢手货 |
[17:50] | You’re unbelievable. | 你真能乱想 |
[17:51] | No,I just think ahead. | 不 我只是想法超前 |
[17:53] | They’re only gonna last about two seconds in that water, | 那种水温 她们最多还能坚持2秒钟 |
[17:55] | so we have to hurry. | 我们要抓紧了 |
[17:56] | I’ll get the wine,you light some candles, | 我去弄酒 你点蜡烛 |
[17:57] | get a little ambiance going. | 弄点气氛出来 |
[17:58] | I’m sorry,I’m really not in the mood. | 抱歉 我真没那个心情 |
[18:01] | Are you saying that I have to | 你是在逼我灌醉你 |
[18:02] | get you liquored up so I can get laid? | 为了能一享艷福? |
[18:06] | All right,I’ll go along, but only as a favor to you. | 好吧 照你说的做 但只是帮你忙 |
[18:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:11] | I’m probably gonna have to apply the condom and | 看来我非得帮他带上避孕套 |
[18:13] | get a rope and pulley to lower one of those broads onto him. | 用滑轮和绳子 把女人降到他身上才行 |
[18:19] | Since you’re making me do this, | 既然是你求我帮忙 |
[18:20] | I get Amy. | 我要艾米 |
[18:21] | The hell you do! | 爱谁谁 |
[18:24] | Which one’s Amy? | 哪个是艾米 |
[18:26] | Amy’s the one who overcame the eating disorder. | 艾米是那个战胜了厌食症的 |
[18:28] | Starving herself or throwing up? | 是不吃饭 还是催吐? |
[18:31] | Does it make a difference? | 有区別吗 |
[18:33] | It does if you’re paying for dinner. | 晚饭买单时会有区別 |
[18:35] | Amy is the brunette. | 艾米是那个皮肤略黑的 |
[18:36] | Got it.So I have Jennifer. | 知道了 那么詹妮弗归我 |
[18:38] | You mean Beth. | 你是指贝丝 |
[18:40] | Right,right,”B” for blonde. | 噢对 B代表”金发女郎” |
[18:43] | “B” can also be for brunette. | B也可以代表”皮肤略黑的” |
[18:45] | But Amy’s the brunette. | 但艾米就是皮肤略黑的 |
[18:46] | So you could do “A” for anorexic. | 你可以用A代表”厌食的” |
[18:49] | Unless it’s “B” for bulimic. | 还可以用B代表”贪食症” |
[18:52] | Good point.We’re gonna need a new system. | 有道理.得找个新规则来区分她们了 |
[18:55] | Do you smell something? | 闻到什么了吗 |
[18:57] | Yeah,what is that? | 是啊 是什么 |
[19:06] | I think you do these things just to piss me off. | 我认为你捣鼓这些烂事 就是想激怒我 |
[19:12] | Oh my God,what happened? | 上帝啊 发生了什么事 |
[19:13] | Well,while I was trying to put it out, | 当我准备灭火的时候 |
[19:15] | my brother stupidly called the fire department. | 我弟弟却愚蠢地通知了消防队 |
[19:18] | Why was that stupid? | 为什么是愚蠢的? |
[19:19] | Have you seen a Malibu fireman recently? | 你最近见过马里布市消防队吗 |
[19:23] | They’re all young,buff surfer dudes | 都是年轻的 古铜皮肤的 |
[19:25] | whippin’ their big hoses around. | 手舞着粗水管的玩水猛男 |
[19:29] | Amy and Beth jumped on their hook and | 脏得像两只斑点狗的艾米和贝丝 |
[19:31] | ladder like a couple of Dalmatians. | 跳上了他们的消防钩梯 |
[19:33] | I never saw ’em again. | 之后就再没见到过她们 |
[19:35] | Ah yes,the Malibu fire department. | 噢是的 马里布市消防队 |
[19:37] | I have several patients who | 我有几个病人 一看见 |
[19:38] | compulsively masturbate to their calendar. | 消防队的日历画 就想手淫 |
[19:42] | No kidding. | 开玩笑吧 |
[19:43] | Both sexes. | 男女都有 |
[19:45] | So anyway,Charlie, | 总之 查理 |
[19:46] | I’m still not clear on what | 我还是不清楚 |
[19:47] | it is you would like me to help you with. | 你想要我怎么帮你 |
[19:50] | Uh,your anger issues,your sexual issues, | 你有愤怒 性方面的问题? |
[19:53] | -your drinking? -No,no,no,no,that’s all cool. | -或者酗酒? -不 那些都很好 |
[19:57] | Then tell me,why are you here? | 那告诉我 你为什么要来这里 |
[20:00] | Okay.Well, | 好吧 |
[20:01] | I’m here to lay some groundwork for the future. | 我来这儿 是为将来打下某种伏笔 |
[20:05] | Some groundwork? | 某种伏笔 |
[20:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:06] | I’ve come to realize that there’s | 我越来越认识到 极有可能 |
[20:08] | a very good chance that I might some day snap and kill my brother. | 某天我会突然爆发 杀了我弟弟 |
[20:14] | And I figure,if I’m already under a psychiatrist’s care, | 所以我琢磨 如果我 之前已看过心理医生 |
[20:18] | then I can always cop an insanity plea. | 那就一直能拿精神失常作辩词了 |
[20:21] | You’re thinking of killing your brother? | 你想杀了你弟弟? |
[20:28] | Doctor-patient confidentiality. | 医生 病人 保密协议 |
[20:37] | Where’s the bottle opener? | 开瓶器在哪儿 |
[20:39] | Check in the drawer by the coffee machine. | 看看咖啡机下面的抽屉 |
[20:42] | Hey,what do you think of this for the new drapes? | 用这个做新窗帘 感觉怎样 |
[20:46] | Too small. | 太小了 |
[20:48] | I don’t know.I think it’s kind of cheerful. | 我觉得样式挺活泼 |
[20:50] | I’ll put it in the maybe pile. | 先放待定一类 |
[20:54] | You do that. | 尽管放 |
[20:56] | You know,we’re also gonna have to reupholster the couch. | 我们还得给躺椅换面套 |
[20:59] | You think? | 是吗 |
[21:00] | Well,there was a lot of water damage,which,quite frankly, | 上面有很多水渍 毫无疑问 |
[21:02] | I think was the result of the firemen showing off for the girls. | 全是消防员故意作秀给那俩妞儿看的 |
[21:06] | You could be right. | 也许你是对的 |
[21:09] | You know,I just want to tell you, | 知道吗 我想说 |
[21:11] | I really appreciate you stickin’ by me | 我很感激你这几天来 |
[21:13] | in the past couple of days,you know, | 一直陪着我 |
[21:15] | pulling me out of my funk. | 把我从恐慌里解救出来 |
[21:17] | You really are a great brother. | 你真是我的好哥哥 |
[21:21] | I don’t know what I’d do without you. | 没有你 我都不知该怎么办 |
[21:22] | I don’t know what I’d do without you,either. | 没有你 我也不知该怎么办 |
[21:28] | But,golly, | 天啊 |
[21:29] | it’s sure fun to think about. | 想想都爽 |